Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abba-Smchmabba And Dot-a-lot

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Abba-Smchmabba And Dot-a-lot Empty Abba-Smchmabba And Dot-a-lot

Post  Deep Oak Trails Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:10 am

((Sorry for the lateness of this Abba... Had to tidy the house and burn old school papers... Took longer than expected! Also, I forgot my user name, password and e-mail used here... Fail!

Anyways, you know my Character but as a refresher here is a nice copy and paste job right out my barn page.

Matt Vance: Matt is a gentle giant caught up in the now. A tall, muscle laden build, Matt gives the impression of being a bit of a thug, but once heads tilt up they are greeted with pale blue eyes and a flop or light brown hair and a wonky smile that echoes is gentle nature. As a character he is very routine loving, whenever it is interrupted his thoughts scatter and has intense mood swings. He is a real rock of a character who is protective of friends and has a simple charm around him, though can be a threat to himself when out of the norm.

For this I think I will make him 18 years of age. Smile

We shall RP out the plot, but here is a basic starting thingy magig.

The setting is of a town nearby and indeed overlapping, a popular beach resort where many tourists gather. Normally jobs are taken by regulars with only a few open for the new people, but following the destruction of some beach villas due to a stormy weather and a the perils of living by the sea taking action, many people had to relocate and others decided to move out of fear of a similar situation befalling them. Only a few people moved into to the neighborhood to take the place of those gone leaving so jobs were wide open, and in many cases businesses were shut down. The towns economy was in shaky standing. Many people have taken up second jobs that are local, whilst many of the young are taking jobs they normally wouldn't of and it wasn't uncommon for them to have multiple jobs on the go- Everyone wanted normalcy to return.))

Frowning, Matt paced through the unfamiliar house he was to now call his home. His eyes darted over the familiar furniture turned and organised in unfamiliar ways 'We have a chance to really shake out life up a bit!' was what his Mothers remark was when he stared at her in shock whilst she dragged a bedroom chair into the living room. Could he like it? No. Of course no. It was all wrong, he walked into the dining room, the table had six chairs instead of four and the the bookshelf was resting against the wall by the tables head not side. He frowned. He never sat at the head; it would feel like taking his Dads place, but now he would not be able to lean back and grab a book?, he would have to walk around. Impatiently Matt through his hands in the air and stalked past the table in scrutiny and out the slid open the french window. A crisp, salty air slapped against his face causing him to take a step back in shock. Almost cautiously, he stepped through the window to the balcony where he rested his palms on the railing to let out a deep sigh. He had never thought about the air of the city as it had always existed that way, but now that he was here and breathed in the fresh salty air he wondered how he breathed before? He let the wind whip his usually floppy hair into a wild mess, not bothering smoothing it out, his attempts would be futile. He liked this air now he thought about it, it was one change he would wiling except without question. Staring out over the sea made him feel calmer and relaxed, quickly washing away the ebbing thoughts of his father that he knew were beginning to bubble up.

"Matt? Where are you Matt I need to talk to you!" The calls of his Mother had rattled through the house for quite a few minutes, but Matt hadn't found the motivation to answer them yet. Yet they were nearing and he was sure she would disturb him soon enough. He brought the railing nearer his head and gripped it tightly, he did not want to speak to her. She had him feeling pretty annoyed and he hated to show that annoyance to her. "There you are Matt!" He rotated his head gradually to look at her staring at him from the dining room a faint grin enchanting her face. Casually, she stepped on to the balcony. Looks like she feels at home already he mused to himself.
"What do you want?" His remark was uncharacteristically begrudged sounding and he instantly felt bad. As if it would counter his remark he stood up straight and looked down at her smiling face with reflection of a smile on his own.
"Wow. You have grown Matt! You must be at least six foot three now! I can't believe how big my little baby is!" Her voice was that curious mixture of true meaning, but also falseness. He knew why. She was going to have a conversation he didn't like and was trying to put it off as long as he could. Unsurprisingly, he had no problem with this and played along happily.
"Yes.. Well no actually. Add another inch and you're their! Well... Maybe you're not... How tall are you? Four feet maybe?" He joked around with his usually cool, yet gawky off hand manner.
"Haha very funny Goliath! Five five is more like it. You clearly took on your fathers frame.." She paused and her stare flitted from him to just over his shoulder. He was thankful of that since his face portrayed his emotions. His father. Of all people she had to bring up, she brought up him. He couldn't blame him for dying, but he had and he had done it in a way.... Quickly Matt shook his head. No. Not him, he wouldn't let him enter his head, not today. not ever. His chin swayed down and a long sigh left his lips.
"What is it Ma? What did you want." All traces of a smile left their faces and she turned to him cautiously.
"Well... I need to get another job. I was chatting to Lillian, the woman next door, and she was telling me about the towns economic stance and how everyone is pitching in... And by need I of course mean have. I'm going to be breakfast chef at some cheap plasticy place down by the harbor. Which means I won't be able to see you much... And well, I know you wanted to concentrate on your research... But" her pause gave him time to prepare him to stay calm and collected "I need you to get a job too. Maybe even two? To help out the economy, plus the extra money would be really useful for us and-" She nodded towards her stomach where her hands rested upon the place he knew a little brother or sister was growing. He swallowed. Nope. He would not acknowledge them, it would remind him of that man... Or more accurately those men. He then turned to regard his mothers face, which was laden with questions.
"Fine."
"Fine?" The shock in her voice echoed her words.
"Yes. Fine." It really wasn't fine, but what could he do?
"But... But, you always complain about my current working status and your routine for your-"
"Look. I said fine." He couldn't help his snappy comment, she was picking at the scab beofore it had even dried up and he was not up for it.
"Okay then... I suggest you go down to the job centre then...." She seemed to shrink away and which left Matt feeling positively awful. He hated the feeling of superiority that his friends all sought out, he hated feeling mean. He frowned then turned to his mother and gave her a hug.
"I will go now Ma. Look after yourself in the mean time, I don't want my first meal here to be take out when it could be your lovely cooking!" He released her and began left the balcony to head towards his future routine. He would get it set as soon as possible and life would feel less crazy.

Gradually, Matt brought his jog to a walk as he spotted a tired looking building; the black wash wooden frames were more grey and dull then what he assumed used to black and shinny, the grubby windows were covered with papers requesting jobs and the remains of various sticking substances. The first impression of this building was one of tired, sad desperation. He guessed the building echoed the thoughts of the people one would assume would come here. His eyes darted briefly at the surrounding people; The mix he was used to seeing in the city was not so apparent here, there were almost not people who stuck out like soar thumb through crazy hair styles or clothes or even bright neon colours. The bright colours here were all old and worn looking, such as reds that you would find on an old picnic blanket, Matt mused if some of the clothes used to be old picnic blankets and repressed a smile. After looking around for a bit he got bored and entered the mouth of the building only to see people of the same average appearance of those outside, neutral, sensible styles that made life feel here very sedated and boring to him. He shrugged off any negative feeling and bowed his head in hopes of fending off any talkative and curious people and joined the queue of same style people, thankful he had decided to wear his jeans and brown jacket today.

((I thought I'd leave it off at a place where you can meet him if you want, but if not, that'd be cool as he can then continue in his current sulky arse manner for a bit Razz))

Last edited by Deep Oak Trails on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Abba-Smchmabba And Dot-a-lot Empty Re: Abba-Smchmabba And Dot-a-lot

Post  Deep Oak Trails Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:12 am

((Also, sorry for my rustiness. Haven't RPed in months, quite literally! Embarassed

Also, I just went to read the other titles and spotted a title... Ehem.. Dottie is sorry she must of got Polo's title in her head subconsciously... Ca you change titles 0.0 I don't want to cause confusion xD Feels like an idiot

EDIT: Changed the title no longer says Abba-Dabba-Doo Yay!))

Last edited by Deep Oak Trails on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I am an idiot.)
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:55 am

((Im on my phone. My rping picks up drastically when i hace things to work with and I am on a computer. Please excuse any spelling gramatical mistakes. I catch most. But still))
((you can look at Polo and Is for my character. She has a picture. But i cant copy anything on my phone))

Ria awoke that morning stretching out her body with a tiny groan. Her back seemed to always hirt her after these storms. It hadnt made muxh sense. But, at the same time she also didnt remember too much of her past anymore either. Just occasional bits and pieces here and there. It was a scary thought. Jer mother, or who she was told was her mother, had tried to fill her in. Saying that she had been thrown around a lot during the storm because they didnt evacuate in time. She had hit her head, hence the amnesia, and that she was 17. Sje had to repeat her nameal and age to herself every morning. But at least she hadnt forgot how to do anything - such as drive, walk, brush teeth, talk. It was stranfe but she was slowly learning to cope with it. Of course, it helped when random things struck memories back in her mind. So crawling out of bed she hopped into the shower and placed a flowy white, off the shoulder top along with a pair of denim shorts that rested at mid-thigh. She applied her usual makeup - or at least her usual now - which was black eyeliner rimming her blue eyes along with a tad od black mascara making it all pop.
"Ria. Darling!" she heard her mom call from downstairs and Ria cardfully plodded down the stairs. "WHAT?" she called back maybe a little too loud, even causing herself to wince. "Why dont you go down to the beach or something today. You could always get a job... Get some money to buy more things..." her mom suggested before handinf her a banana, knowing how her daughter barely ate in the morning. Shrigging lightly Ria greed to go down to the job center and she hopped into her car before driving off, a pair of white pumps on her feet, her black purse thrown over her shoulder.
When she arrived she cautiously started heading towards the booths, her mind reeling. There were way too many people. Too many chances for memories to flood her mind. She stepped back and turned around, flustered and wanting to leave immediately. But she bumped into a tennager in a brown coat and denim jeans. Her mind reverted back to the storm. When she had been pulled out of the water barely breathing, choking, sobbing, and just trying to stay alive. She remembered being held agaisnt someones chest. And that someone had been wearing a similar outfit even if it had been touched. All od hee coloue had left her face now as she looked up at him, hating the memory which had resuefaced. He was much taller than her, at a six foot three frame while hers was a meek five foot two. "im sorry." she said immediately apologizing for bumping into him before stepping to the side and planning on walking out.

Little did she know Abba and Dottie planned on making the two interact
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

http://kaydeniro.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:34 am

((Nifty nuggets Wink The 'evil' Goddesses who are known as Abba and Dottie the most devious life plotters/controllers yet! Mwhahahaha)

Matt was waiting in the line twiddling with his thumbs and thinking about what his mother would do with the child. How could she keep it? Her maternal nature wouldn't be that strong would it? He shook his head. It was her choice, and if she kept it, he would have to love it like any other sister or brother that he might have. Suddenly, Matt's entire frame twitched in surprise when someone bumped into him and his thoughts scattered. She was small, so very small. He towered at least a whole foot above her, he had gotten used to his imposing frame, though sometimes a reaction caught him off guard- This response was one of those. Her face flashed varied emotions, he even registered some sort physical pain flash across her face, which was what forced him out of his brooding like state very quickly. She muttered a tiny apology and began to walk out away. Was she running away? It was true, very few tall people were here, but was he really that scary? What Had crossed through her mind? His mind raced, and he was torn between sticking were he was and developing the routine and attempting to make the girl feel a bit better. He went for the latter.

"Hey! Wait up" He caught up with her in a few lengthy strides. "Please don't apologise" He hesitated not knowing quite what to say, it wasn't exactly his fault so to say 'the fault was entirely my own' would be idiotic. "It happens to everybody after all!" Biting his lip he contemplated what to say next. To catch up with someone like that merely to say those lines was a bit extravagant he would have to say something else... Anything else. "I'm Matt. New to this place, moved in up by the cliffs" His finger rose and pointed beyond the tree line to where the ground rose to meet the sky. "My Ma sent me here to get a job, so I guess that is what you were doing too?" He inwardly frowned whilst outwardly displaying his cooky half smile. He still felt unfinished in his words so he continued in a manner that might of seemed rude had it been in another social circumstance. "But maybe not... Were you going to meet someone perhaps? Well anyhow, it is nice to meet you..." He paused waiting for a name. His idiocy was encasing him, why was he doing this? He should of let her get on with whatever, but no, he had to follow on and help her. His eyes drifted to her, he admired her features, she was very pretty, her eyes struck him the most, and he felt out of his depth. Back home, or well, at his last home, he had never really managed to talk to pretty looking girls, he let his friends do it and only spoke to them when spoken to. He never could tell the difference between casual chat and flirting, so he just fumbled around social situations as a deaf person might do in pitch blackness. His usually carefree smile, became more even and rigid as he realised what a fool he would make of himself in this situation. The lumbering socially inept giant with possible stalker tendencies- That would be the only impression he made now. He shifted his weight and prepared to figure out how to redeem his social flail.
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:52 am

Ria stopped and turned to face the boy, having to step back once and tilt her head up to actually look at his face. Biting her lip she took in his stumbling speech before shaking her head. "I suppose i should get one... But my life doesnt warrent me recieving one anytime soon..." pausing she struggled to figure out the emotions that were shown on his face and most people would easily be able to understand, causing a flash of annoyance to spark into her eyes and then die. "Im Ria..." she said. Ria? Yea. It was Ria right? She had heard her supposed mother call her that this morning. Part of her hoped it wasnt an embarrasing pet name but she used it anyways. She shifted her weight, holding onto her purse and glancing at the people around her. Some people cocked an eyebrow at her while a few others pointed and she could hace sworn she saw someone mouth "Thats Ria. The one who lost her memories" and then a snicker. Immediately feeling uncomfortable. "Id love to continue this, but i really need to be away from all these people. Im sorry..." she said quietly before slipping out the door where she could breath, colour slowly starting to return to her face. Too many people. Too many chances for another horrible memory. Silently, she slid down the brici wall on the side of the building and pulled her knees up to her chest to calm herself down. Part of her hoped that the boy would join her out here so she wasnt alone for once. Matt was his name. He had said it was anyways.

((We are so mean))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:55 pm

((Sorry for the bad reply... Dottie has some stuff on her mind right now so you know..))

Matt watched the girl carefully as she replied, he note of uncertainty wavered on her speech when she mentioned her name- Ria. Why was she uncertain about her name? he thought, he must of read her voice wrong, perhaps she was merely tired? His attention was quickly subsided as a muttering voice, well, more of a sniggering voice said "Thats Ria. The one who lost her memories" he turned to regard the people dismayed, though his expression was more surprised than dismayed looking. Lost her memories? That would explain the uncertainty. A pang of sympathy jolted him away from his social doubts, followed with guilt as she must of had a much harder time with these situations. Who wouldn't of? A few murmured words knocked his attention away from the foul mannered and gossiping people and turned back to this girl, Ria, but was heading out the door. He stood for a moment surprised at the sudden exit. What should he do? A moment ago he was wishing out of this situation, and now he had been given that wish... But a moment ago he didn't know about her memory loss. What could he do though? He was just some city kid who was hopelessly awkward with people. He sighed. He knew exactly what he would do, some deep empathy inside of him was tugging at his kindly nature and he could not deny it.

"So you learning the ropes around here too, huh?" Matt walked up to wall she was sat against. "Though for slightly different reasons to me it seems..." Leaning against the wall he peered down at her thoughtfully, then noted his towering posture might seem a bit intense so he dropped his wrists down to his ankles slowly, pressing against the wall as he sat down next to her. He bit it lip for a moment, thinking what to say. What do you say? His dad had never talked about any amnesia parents at the hospital.... Quickly he shook his head to keep himself in the present. His gawky half-smile spread across his face as he turned to look at her his blue eyes sparkling with nothing more than kindness and empathy. Just like that a few awkward, and he assumed typical, words came to mind, but with them came his innocent kindness "What do you remember then? I mean, are we going to discover this place together completely from scratch or do you have a few starting points for me to learn too?" There. He had said something, he knew it wasn't brilliant, he knew it wasn't even good. But it was something and it would keep her from being alone and maybe, just maybe it would prove to actually help her find a rope out of this darkness she must be captured within.
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Ria gently lifted her head up to look at the boy, allowing her eyes to be hidden slightly by her bangs. "So you learning the ropes around here too, huh?" he said before arriving at her side and leaning his tall frame up against the wall. "Though for slightly different reasons to me it seems..." he finished. She gently bobbed her head not really wanting to speak much on the topic. No way to start over. She couldn't remember one thing up until a couple months ago. Not until she woke up in that hospital bed not even knowing what was going on. The doctor said it was a good thing she at least remembered the basic functions after how many years of memories had been shoved out of her mind. She was staring blankly at the pictures, recognizing the faces slightly but never be able to figure out their name, or who they were in relation to her. It was a horrible feeling. And she hated it. It seemed that only the bad memories could come back to her. Looking away for a few moments she heard movement and glanced back up to him to see that he was sitting down. Her origionally tense muscles relaxed at this action, as if it were safer this way for her. But, she had no reason to say it was safe, or that it wasn't safe. She had no way to prove to herself that it was or wasn't. But, her body seemed to say someone that tall, leaning over her was not a safe position and had tried to warn her of this. Her eyes took in the brown jacket and she fell back to her memory.

The pounding of rain. Her body being chilled to the bone. The pain shooting through her skull. the crimson liquid running down into her white shirt and staining it. The fear. "Mom! Mom! Help!" she heard herself screaming even though no one could hear her over the thunder. The light coming in a second at a time, or really even less than a second before disappearing again. Flickering in and out as she sat in a boat, the water rocking it so hard she feared it would tip over. Tears streaming down her face, though it mixed with the rain water. She was drenched and as she looked up one last time she felt the boat tip over, and then she couldn't reach the top. Fighting for air, gasping she managed to grab onto the edge of the now wrecked boat, one piece of wood holding her as a helicopter came. She felt her hands slipping off the edge. Then, nothing. Everything went black. She was out like that until she felt someone grasping her body, yanking her up out of the water. She coughed, and spluttered into the man's brown jacket as he held her tightly to his chest and pulled her up into the helicopter. Once sitting in the helicopter he wrapped her in a blanket and gave her a little bit of food. But, she couldn't stop trembling. "It'll be okay, kid. It'll be okay." he said to her and she shook her head. He had saved her life...

She zoned back in just in time to here the boy speaking again. "What do you remember then? I mean, are we going to discover this place together completely from scratch or do you have a few starting points for me to learn too?" he said to her and she bit her lip. "Nothing, really. At least, nothing much of importance. I remember everything that's happened since the storm, though it really doesn't make much sense. Sorry..." she said, the sadness in her eyes as she looked away, gently pushing her hair back out of her face, shifting her weight slightly. Nothing was a lie. Because she now had a memory from the storm. But, she still didn't believe it when people said she knew them. It was like she could just get herself places, even if she didn't think she knew where it was. But, people, and memories from those places. Well, she had none. It was a really strange robotic feeling. Like she was too automated, and not a human anymore.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:59 pm

Matt looked at Ria's glassy expression, like she was caught up in a deep thought far away- or at least had been; her expression had turned to the now since he had asked her the question. Currently, she was biting her lip, and he worried his questions might of seemed too pushy. Calmly his eyes rested on her as he watched her face appear flip through emotions, sadness been the most apparent as she spoke: "Nothing, really. At least, nothing much of importance. I remember everything that's happened since the storm, though it really doesn't make much sense. Sorry..." only to be followed by her head swishing away. He cocked his head curious as to how she must be feeling. How hard it must be for her to cope?[/i} he thought. Frantically, his mind pondered over the different types of amnesia, and he wondered which Ria had sustained. He contemplated asking but thought better of it. Instead, he took a long pause in which he stared at her his mind reeling. Typically, Matt had not realised how threatening he might look staring at her like this and was too caught up in his own thoughts. Should he befriend this girl? Frowning at the idea Matt considered the pros and cons. Amnesia patients could be unpredictable at times, and if she had a bad memory trigger he might end up getting stuck consoling her. Could he cope with such? It wouldn't exactly make scheduling things any easier... Also, what about people like the ones he had overheard earlier? Exactly what was he to do if there was more like them? Shoot them a frown? Ha. Yeah, as if that would help. If anything less people would like him and life here could get even more awkward... Then again, having too many friends could be a hassle... She could do with a friend, though he doubted he would be anything like what she was used to; though she wasn't used to them, her previous friends must be no more. Then again, she could remember them and he would be forgotten. He let out a quiet sigh of frustration and he sagged against the fence and turned his head from Ria to the floor ahead of him. His breathing brushed along is chest in a warm unchanging pace and let his mind play with the pros and cons of the situation as his m.

After a few minutes, longer than Matt had intended, he made his mind up. He would adjust a routine soon enough when he had a job, but he doubted he would get that in an instant, so he had time to kill in a free lance style. Then when he had a job, his routine would allow him time to see friends to which she could slot into and who said he had to treat her like a patient? Why treat her different to anyone else? The odds of her having a bad trip were slim, and she would have her family for that, and friends, he was sure by the looks of her that she was someone who had had many friends- They'd still want her as one. As for the insolent people, they must be rare, and he wouldn't have to deal with them right? No matter what he did people would be as pig headed as ever. Of course, he hadn't spent the time deciding what to say to her, so now, once again, he was in a awkward situation. [i]I guess I should say what naturally occurs to me if I'm going to befriend her
his thoughts jogged him into realising that all this time he had assumed she would accept his friendship? Why should she? He was 'goliath' with no social skills. He would have to give it a shot though. If she rejected his friendship, which was highly likely, it wouldn't matter. He could get on in life just fine. He rolled his head to face her, not even noticing his grinning expression and spoke "I was going to head down to find the 'forgotten shops' of cheap locally grown produce for my Ma after this, but the queue seems pretty long, maybe I will have better luck later on here and more luck at the shops now." He pushed himself up and reached his hand down in what he hoped looked like a friendly offer for a helping hand up. "Want to come help me find 'em? Usually no one are at these places and it would be great to have some company there and the trip to it.... Especially if I get lost! What do you say!" He wiggled his fingers and raised his eyebrows in, what he realised a moment too late, a fairly TV cheesy manner. As his hand was held out he couldn't help but admire her features again, how pretty she was and he could only guess she would turn his offer down. He just couldn't help himself, she was so small, and almost helpless looking, he just felt this unusual tug to hep her out. To do some good in the world.

((it is a bit jilted in places, the cockatoo was acting naughty and then escaped outside and I had to go catch her which caused the massive disconnected bit you will note when reading... Birds!))
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Ria cocked her head gently at the boy beside her. He seemed to be covering his own thoughts, allowing them to ramble and to control his mind. Something she wished she could do on her own time without having to drag up horrible memories in the process. She pulled her legs closer to her body and let out a tiny breath, causing her hair to blow out in front of her. "I was going to head down to find the 'forgotten shops' of cheap locally grown produce for my Ma after this, but the queue seems pretty long, maybe I will have better luck later on here and more luck at the shops now." he said before pushing his bulky frame up from the ground before leaning down and offering her a hand. "Want to come help me find 'em? Usually no one are at these places and it would be great to have some company there and the trip to it.... Especially if I get lost! What do you say!" he finished and waggled his eyebrows in such a cheesy fashion that Ria couldn't help but to laugh. Quietly, she reached out and grasped his hand before standing up. "Sure. I don't see why not... Sounds like more fun than staying around here..." she said managing a tiny grin as she brushed off the remnants of dirt from her jeans. She pushed a few loose strands of hair behind her ears before she gathered her thoughts and bobbed her head, as if agreeing with her earlier statement.

((Matt makes me grin. ;3 XD He's like 6 foot 3. And that's my Dad's height. LOL So technically, Ria would be looking at his chest if they were side-by-side. -snickers- On the other hand.... Tall guys are like... something that you'd think might be more protective. Do you happen to have a picture of Matt?))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:15 pm

((Haha! He is epic ;P 6'4" is his actual height, but people tend to guess (like his Mum) he is 6'3"s Wink He is pretty easy character to get one grinning! Sadly, no picture, he is based of a guy I know (And sorta like Razz) but with a few changes to his appearance and personality (like the routine loving is only a Matt thing) who is about the same height, and I'm 5'3"s so yeah, Ria would certainly be tiny looking next to him haha! But yes, the taller they are the more protective they feel... Especially when packing on some muscles!))

Matt's grin enlarged to almost impossible proportions when Ria grabbed his hand and agreed to join him. He couldn't believe it, but was very grateful that she had decided to come. A small grin crept across her face left Matt with a happy bubbly feeling inside and since his grin was topped out, it erupted into a small stutter of laughter whilst she collected herself and bowed her head to confirm in joining him. "You bet it will be fun!" He tilted his head down towards her whilst cocking it to the side like a spaniel, his expression was equally spaniel like in its happy grin. "I think they are further down the way, closer to the shore" Seemingly impassively his hand waved towards the sea as he paused for a moment in his speech "Come on then! Lets take a route slightly off track for the wildl-" He stopped himself midspeech and cleared his throat. Perhaps sharing his love of animals to her wasn't the smartest thing to do, maybe he should keep himself looking more like a man. He continued again "I mean, the wilderness[\i]... I want to see if I can get a cross country run mapped out.. But, hey, I'll take it easy this time round" He kidded about and gave an exaggerated wink. He went to pull her along, but as his hand lifted towards her arm, after only an inch he brought it back. Perhaps pulling her along wouldn't be the smartest thing... Even if he was small and not so big and threatening looking it wouldn't be a smart move considering they just met. Instead he opted to walk forwards, almost prancing, but his pride held him back from the full on loping along idiot look he nearly broke into, instead he just had a curious hop to his step. [i]Why am I trying to act like a manly man he thought; in all honesty he knew why. His friends who spoke to the pretty girls always made sure they seemed manly, of course he was out of practice an his soft gentle nature gave him a awkward almost comical manly act as his inner nature kept shining on through. Despite his hopes, he just didn't have the butch man attitude.

((Sorry for shortness of this one... My mind had gone kaplunck. If you want to continue on from this point for the entire walk, skip parts of the walk, or skip towards the shops you can.. feel free to play with the time frame here as you want to Razz))
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:28 pm

((You know dude, it just hit me what an inactive RPer I am right now xD I promise you when I am back at my Mothers Dottie will be more active then her current, almost non-existent current state... I shall wake up early tomorrow just to try RP a bit more of this for you Very Happy ))
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:53 pm

((xD You are all so mean to me! o.o And thank you hunnie. ;3 I think you are six hours ahead of me... So I'll try and stay up till midnight tonight. See if I can't get some replies in on my phone.))

((Trust me. I'll mess with the time-frame. Try and get a 1000 word post in here sometime. XD))

Ria laughed more as his grin increased, and increased, and increased. She honestly didn't know why he was so glad that she had agreed to go with him. One of her eyebrows raised in confusion at his laughter, but took it for him laughing because of her earlier one. "You bet it will be fun!"[i] he said to her before tilting his chin so it was easier to take her in, and then cocking his head to the side. It strangely caused her to think of a dog that had heard a strange noise and she shook her head, laughing slightly. Part of her wondered how she came to assumption, that it looked like a dog. But, it seemed to fit so she pushed it off. [i]"I think they are further down the way, closer to the shore" he informed her and she nodded her head. Yea. Oddly, that did sound right. She watched as he raised his hand, nonchalantly waving it in the direction of the shore and a memory sparked back up. Yes, the grocers were near the shore. Very close to the shore actually. So close that they might have been knocked down in the storm...
Shrugging that thought off she listened intently as he spoke ""Come on then! Lets take a route slightly off track for the wildl-" and then he cut himself short. Giving him a questioning look he continued on, correcting himself, "I mean, the wilderness... I want to see if I can get a cross country run mapped out.. But, hey, I'll take it easy this time round" he finished off before giving her a really exaggerated wink. She watched as he reached out to grab her hand than thought better of it and moved forwards. Smirking she followed after him. "Something in me highly doubts that there are any routes for cross-country here. Most of it is wrecked after this storm. So my mum says..." she said before reaching his side. "Come. I think there are a few random stands with interesting things this way..." she said quietly before allowing her hand to slip neatly into his and tugging gently - but not pulling or dragging him - towards where she thought the stands were. About ten minutes later they had reached the stands.

After looking at the stands for a few minutes she grasped his hand again, doing the same thing except this time pointing them towards the shore before releasing his hand and slipping a tad bit ahead of him. The smell of the water was so relaxing, but at the same time sent a jolt of fear down her spine. That was the whole reason she was ahead of him, though, so that he couldn't see her face as it went pale for a minute, then slowly started to regain its colour. With a tiny sigh she glanced around before finally catching sight of the grocer's. "Looks like you were right..." she said, pointing to the west edge of the beach. "They're right there..." she said, giving him a tiny grin and standing in the sand, allowing the wind to blow her hair around her face in a playful manner, whipping her clothing around so tightly that it showed off her slim waistline gifted from the month in a coma with just enough nutrients to keep her alive and her body functioning. Slowly, she had been trying to regain the weight, to get herself healthy again, but it wasn't happening very quickly. That aggravated her, as she still felt useless, sickly, and occasionally too ugly to even be presented to the world. It was just the way she was, and it had deepened since the memory loss. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew that she was saying If I wasn't this ugly, I wouldn't have to deal with this. All of the people with good lives are beautiful... And I'm not... that's the problem... and it tore her apart at nights to a point where she had occasionally eaten too much and then thrown it up because her body couldn't handle it. She didn't know what she was doing anymore, but she was glad to at least be talking to someone, spending time with another human who wasn't related to her - even if he was insanely tall and lanky, he was hilarious and just fine to be around. So she was fine with how it was going so far. And that thought caused her lips to twitch upwards into a smile.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:22 am

((This is going to be super short as in a rush... Sorry Sad ))

Matt was pleasantly surprised when she took his hand and the walk down to the shops had been equally as pleasant. The whole way his mind had stayed surprisingly calm and serene. Not one thought about life in the city, his father, his mother or his tiny tiny half sister or brother crept into his mind. The company and cold ocean air had left his head clear of troublesome thoughts and ideas and for the for the first time in a very long time he was truly just living in the moment opposed to living in the routines moment. He had o idea what would happen and at that moment he didn't care. The walk carried on in this fashion right until they reached near the the shops.

The cold air was even stronger here and the taste of salt was equally stronger. Matt liked it. Every step towards the water was like a step closer to a clear head for him. Ria spoke, causing Matt's attention to flicker back to her "Looks like you were right..." she said, pointing to the western edge of the beach. "They're right there..." she was ahead of him, the wind causing her clothes to entangle and encase her- She was thin. Very thin. He guessed he could wrap his hand around her waist and his fingers may even overlap. Clearly, she hadn't been out of the hospital for that long and had eithe rlost her appetite or was in critical condition. He cursed himself for thinking in such a self involved manner. How hard it must be to be here... Were things coming back to her right now? Maybe she had got injured here? Is must be tormenting.
"Hey." He said softly "You okay, I can go into the shops alone if you want or you can-" his phone rang cutting him short. "Excuse me for a moment. He flipped it open, he swore he was the last person alive to have a flip up phone. When he pressed ito to his ear his mothers voice entered in hysterics as she gaped for breath.
"Matt... Come home... The ba.. baby. Soemthings not right.. Urgh. Quick... I'm only a few mo- urggggh! moths on.. I need you back here... Ca- call an ambulance... Now!" She hug up leaving him no time to speak. He knew he had to go help her. Something could seriously be wrong ad he had to protect his mother at all costs.
"Sorry" He turned to Ria urgently. "That was my Ma... Something is wrong with her or the baby... I don't really know." His voice was slowly growing louder and its usually level tone getting shakier "She was in distress... I need to go. I will see you later maybe. Bye!" His feet were already moving with that last word and he was puling away from Ria the just like that he broke out into a flat out sprint. Right now the most important thing for Matt was to help his mother. everythign else diminished in his mind as his muscles burned with both power and alarm. Her son was all she had left in the world- Him.

((I hope by my characters sudden departure it can open up a fun RP reply for you in my own departure... Have fun free-rping!))
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:51 pm

((Everyone. Is leaving me... e.e))

Ria glanced back up towards him in time to catch a different expression on his face. It was almost as if he had realized that she had remembered something bad because of this place. Like he had noticed she had fallen pale for those few seconds. But, it didn't really make sense as to why because after all, she had been in-front of him, not facing him. Shaking that suspicion off she tuned into his talking. "Hey." he said softly, as he had been the one who had scared her in the first place, and now wanted to calm her down, prove there was nothing to be scared about. "You okay, I can go into the shops alone if you want or you can-" he continued on but she cocked a confused eyebrow at him. No. She didn't want to be alone right now. alone meant her mind could wander. It meant that more memories would flood her mind. She was about to speak as the sound of his phone went off and she stepped a bit closer to him, slightly confused as to what was going on. "Excuse me for a moment." he said before yanking out his flip-phone and answering it. She gulped, watching him carefully as the wind continued to force her clothes tightly around her, making her feel even more self-conscious. He listened for a few minutes, a look on his face showing that it was urgent, and bad. "What's wrong?" she asked only to have him start to talk over her. "Sorry" he said, continuing on at his fast speed, "That was my Ma... Something is wrong with her or the baby... I don't really know." he said, his voice raising causing her to shrink back slightly. But, she didn't blame him. After all, something has to be going on with his mother to cause him to act like this. He didn't seem like the kind to raise his voice at him. "She was in distress... I need to go. I will see you later maybe. Bye!" he said before turning on his heel and sprinting out of the area. "Wait! Can I help you, Matt?" she said starting to run after him, but her strength had not returned yet from the couple months out of the coma, probably because she had never gone out and had the urge to work out when no one wanted to be around her anyways. She managed to keep up with him for a few strides before she tripped, and when she got up, her muscles were straining and she shook her head. She didn't want to be alone. She didn't. But, she couldn't get up anymore. Not when her mind was paralyzing her.

The panic, the fear. She couldn't move as the coldness blew in and surrounded her body. The water grasped at her legs, pulling her down and a pain shot through her back as the waves crashed her up against a sharp tree. She gasped for air, only to receive water choking at her lungs. She gasped again, fear taking over, and then everything starting to go black. "Help..." she said weakly before she allowed her eyes to close for a few seconds. She woke up a few minutes later, her legs were still aching as she stood up, taking in a few short breaths to see that Matt had left her. Shakily, she pulled herself towards the shore and sat down with her feet in it. She had to get over her fear. She couldn't keep having panic attacks. It was ruining her life. And, of course, she needed to get her memories back. She needed to get healthy and return to her normal weight and some form of good ecersize rate.

Giving up on attempting to figure out what was going on with Matt she sat out on the shore for a few more minutes she held her head in her hands and allowed her body to finally tear up for quite some time. As the sobs came she wrapped her arms tightly around her slim waist, able to connect her fingers around her elbow on the other side. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. After repeating that quite a few times she managed to come back to herself and stood up. Quietly, she wandered around town for a few hours, quite a few people giving her sympathetic or teasing glares out of the corners of their eyes. She couldn't' be around them anymore. It was too much. It was starting to tear her apart. go home, curl up in a ball on her bed and get rid of the stress. That was all she needed to do. Go home and release stress. But, on her way home, a couple of boys from the school she apparently use to attend came up behind her and began to shove her around in their circle of fun. "Come on, you don't remember us. That's just sad. I know you do. I know you do. You have to, because we are the best people in the world." and then, they shoved her into the corner of a stand. The corner stand digging into her spine as she let out a cry of pain and collapsed on the spot. The guys laughed, then realized that she wasn't really moving. They panicked, one of them tossing her over his shoulder and the rest following him towards the hospital. When they got there they gave her to the nurse and said she tripped and fell backwards into the stand. After an hour of checking her spine they cleared her to go home. But, her mom couldn't get to the hospital for another couple of hours. So she was there for some time, sitting in the cafeteria and messing around absentmindedly with a frozen yogurt she had bought, even though she really wasn't very hungry in the first place.

((1028 words. And he can meet up with her in the cafe at the hospital when he takes his mum there. ;3 Hope you enjoyyy. I want an awesome post to make up for you leaving me for 3 days...))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Sun May 27, 2012 6:26 pm

((It'll have to be even more awesome now. Left for almost a year this time 0.0 Okay, now to stretch my RPing skills, lets see if they sink or swim! Razz ))

With each passing step a twig snapped and a little more hope wore away inside of Matt. What if he didn't get there in time? No, he would, MAtt knew he would- he had to. His mind mentally flipped through the home pregnancy book he had read of possible complications with the baby. Maybe it wasn't to do with the baby? Didn't his Gran die of a heart attack? Did it run in the family? Violently, Matt shook his head free of these thoughts and his fists clenched tighter. Run. That was all he could do and that was all he had to focus on running. It was primal - instinctive - so it shouldn't be hard. Yet it was, his mind wanted to explore ass possible outcomes and break his focus. The collision of a tree with his fist gave him the snap in focus he needed. Running, running and running. All he could do was run.

With the shudder of the entirety of the house, Matt threw himself past the door screaming "Ma! Ma where are you? Please Ma!" A weak sobbing came from the dining area, redirecting his barreling frame. There she was. Matt stopped to take in the scene, startled at the unpleasant but relieved to see his Mother alive. At the foot of the table clutching the phone, blood and sweat mingling in a vile pool around her. Matt felt a gut wrenching tug of guilt for not being here earlier and he swooped down to hold the trembling frame of his mother in his arms. The jerking frame and putrid stench of vomit brought Matt to his wits again. "Ma, what happened? Have you called for an ambulance?" he took the phone form her hand ready to dial for help before she replied meekly.
"Of course I dialed them, Matt. I'm not stupid. They haven't come yet, it's nearly being forty-five minutes.... I think I lost my baby Matt. I.. I fell down the stairs and then there was blood." Tears began to rolled down her already sweat stained face and Matt brought her back into a tight embrace. "There was so much blood... I couldn't stop it. My leg, it was hurt in the fall, I crawled here to the phone. I dialed you first my boy... I was so scared... I then dialed the ambulance, they said fifteen minutes... They said the baby might still be saved... But I... They haven't.. Oh Matt!" His mother broke down into hysterics, soaking his shoulder. He rocked her back and forth and tried to soothe her in anyway he could.
"It's okay, Ma. They will be here soon and the baby will be fine. You'll be fine. Shhh" A glint caused Matt's eyes lock onto an object across the room at the foot of the stairs. A photo frame. A black and white stitched frame that contained a certain someone that Matt would happily hurt right now. His jaw locked in anger, but softened at the sound of his mother whimpering. He couldn't let be distracted by that man. Right now his mother needed him. "Ma, where does it-" The sound of sirens silenced him as he got up carefully laying his mother against the table. "I'll be right back Ma." Matt shot towards the front door to fetch the paramedics.
The ambulance pulled up at the front and two people came out running with a stretcher and various equipment Matt didn't care to name, he waved them to follow him. "Over here! Follow me!" He hastened back to his mother, the paramedics following like a obedient dogs. "You should of gotten here sooner" He snarled as he spotted his mother who had now become unconscious. They shot him a daring look briefly then rushed to his mothers aid.
"What's her name, can you please tell me?"
"Mary." His voice was quite and desolate.
"Mary! Can you hear me Mary?" The paramedic was frantically working away at his mother as the other prepped some heavy duty equipment. "She's unresponsive! Get down here Liz!" At those words Matt froze in terror. Had they really arrived too late? No, no this couldn't be happening....

The white wash walls and sickly lighting of the hospital gave Matt a headache. He already was feeling sick after the earlier events and this place wasn't helping. How was everyone here so calm after what happened? How dare they smile at him! He hated this place from its walls to the people in it. Yet here he was, her only kin forced to wait here to speak to a doctor about what had officially happened. Like he wanted reminding; they had failed him. They had failed her. His poor, poor mother. He turned the picture frame in his hand. Of course he was to blame too. That rotten bastard. His good for nothing father. She still loved him after what he put her through, and there she was looking at him when it happened. Anything bad that happened to her could be attributed to that man. Matt hated him more than anything, his hands clenched around the frame, bending the metal edges. Sighing, he loosened his grip. Everything had happened so fast, if only he had got there sooner, maybe he could of helped her. Stop the bleeding, give her water anything. If he had insisted on not getting a job like he truly wanted to say, perhaps he could of helped her straight away... Or perhaps it would never of even happened. Who knew. But here he was now, in hospital. Waiting for a person he couldn't help but hate in a place that made him nauseous. Dandy. His sarcastic thoughts flipped into a tense posture as the door opened- The doctors door.
"Matt, you can come in now."
There she was, in bed- breathing. She was asleep, so Matt restrained himself from hugging her and instead turned to face the doctor head on, who was standing clutching his little clip board. God he hated doctors, his Dad had being one. Once he admired them, but now, now all he could do was hate them. They always meant something bad.
"She will be okay, Matt. her tumble meant she broke her leg, two places see?" He held an x-ray under Matt's nose, but Matt didn't look down at it, his cold steely stare laid locked on the doctor who shifted uncomfortably. "So, erm yes. That will heal in good time... She also took a bump to the head and suffered concussion, she most likely was unconscious before she got a chance to even call anyone. It sometimes happens, they drift in and out of consciousness... " Once again, he shuffled from one foot to another. Matt took pleasure in seeing him squirm. He knew he shouldn't, normally he wouldn't, but this man was talking about his mother like she was nothing just another statistic. "But, that has subsided for now. Now, for the other news. The baby." Matt didn't care about the baby. In fact he felt a guilty pang as he liked the idea of it not existing. That thing was a bad bit of dust that was the result of a colossal mess, it wasn't family or worth his care. The doctors face broke into a giddy smile. "We managed to save the baby. With all the blood, and the nature of the fall we thought we had lost her, but no. She is still hanging on in there. Quite the lucky one!" She? So it was a half-sister. The thing was a girl... And it was alive. Locking his jaw and rolling his shoulders Matt asked the doctor to leave, his icy tone not offering the bone the mutt clearly so desired for 'saving' the stupid little thing. So it was alive and it was female. Well, at least his mother would be happy, he could just picture her face. The image of her smiling made him smile. She was the most important person in existence to him, his mother. He leaned over and kissed her forehead. The night had been a long one, and she had gone through so much. best to let her rest. Matt felt his stomach gurgle and realised he hadn't eaten anything since yesterday. He settled on eating now and checking in on his mother later, after she had gotten some more rest.

The cafeteria was that odd mix of gloomy and cheerful; brightly coloured furniture was littered across it, but each retained its own personal scar, as gum, grime and scratches littered them. He shook his head in disbelief, it was amazing just how many types of depressing one building could pack into its self. His stomach protested his standing still with another loud rumble and he took tread towards the muffin selection. each muffin was swollen and grotesquely spilled over the edges of the case mirroring some sort of infected wart, yet despite the unappetising appearance, Matt grabbed a blueberry muffin and took it to the counter.
"Yeah, just this and a white coffee please." uncertain as to when his mum would wake up, Matt decided it best not to order her a drink too, especially since her quest for food may not be quite on the same grounds as his own stomach. He flung the money at the outstretched hand in front of him, and he went to grab the coffee when he realised somehting- he still had the photo of his father with him. He shoved it under his arm pit and picked up the drink with his free hand; perhaps a tray would of being useful. Casually, he turned to face the vast expanse of chairs in front of him. Which humble plastic throne should he take? Perhaps the one next to the man who is holding a knife and twitching, or maybe the weeping couple and their digitally preoccupied child? He turned or perhaps near-- Matt's jaw fell open. A tiny familiar frame was sat in front of him, toying with her food and looking quite the forlorn individual. Once again, it looked like the two of them were in similar circumstances. Matt took a moment to consider the possibility of turning heel and leaving her be, but quickly abandoned the plan and walked over to her table, placing the best smile he could on his haggard, tired face.
"Didn't anyone teach you not to play with your food" He tried to let out a chuckle, but it came out more of an amused sigh. Clearly, the tiredness was catching up to him. "So, what are you doing here? Patient of guest." He slumped lazily on the opposite seat, he didn't bother asking if he could sit there, he was about ready to collapse. All the running he had done had finally caught up to his sleep deprived body and he was in no mood to argue with six feet and four inches of flesh. Taking a bite from his muffin, he put it and the photo on the table and took a sip from his coffee. He let his eyes fall to Ria's face to receive an answer. Wow, she really was pretty, even under these detestable lights. He just knew his faltering brain would make a delightful fool out of him in front of her; perhaps the fleeing plan was the smarter option?
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun May 27, 2012 7:03 pm

It had felt like years just sitting there - her mind running through the turmoils of what little information the memory gave her. Brown jacket. The scent of blood. The hospital stirred moments she hated in her mind. Just the thought of her last real memory being confined to a bed in here. It was causing her to shudder. She quietly continued to twist the spoon in frozen yogurt until she actually took in her surroundings. She had gotten so good at blocking out everything out of her mind. To just sit there in complete and total silence it was something she did usually. Why on Earth couldn't her mom get here sooner? Why was she not allowed to be released without her parents permission? And what the hell had happened that had caused her to be partially paralyzed for a period of time. She let out a cough, running her fingers through her hair for a few moments and then watched as one of the kids of the neighboring family sped through the cafeteria almost knocking over a couple of chairs and trays in the process. A few people laughed while the parents freaked out and attempted to wrangle the kids back to sitting down at the table and behaving. She wished she could remember some of that - anything like that. But it didn't seem to be working. She couldn't remember if she wanted to. It was just the memories of pain, of suffering, that showed up when she didn't want it to show up. Delicately she took one tiny bite of the yogurt before detesting the taste and then beginning to play with it again. She saw someone come in - but didn't pay too much attention. She knew that most people here supposedly knew her and that she was supposed to know them so she just gave up on trying to recognize anyone. It wasn't worth her time. If she was going to remember them - well she would have when she saw them.

Shifting in her chair she continued to swirl the frozen yogurt around and around before she saw food being placed down on her table. But it wasn't that which made her jump it was the voice and the amused sigh, almost laugh which caused her head to jerk up and her to almost jump out of her chair. Her face went pale for a second before she recognized him and felt her whole body relax. There was a reason as to why she shouldn't be allowed to dwell on her own thoughts. It caused her to be taken by surprise. Not like she had many thoughts to really dwell on as it was. "Didn't anyone teach you not to play with your food?" she took in a short breath and glared up at him. "I don't know. I don't remember" she muttered not quite willing to really talk at the moment. She glanced down to her phone. It had been forty five minutes. Her mom wasn't even close to the city limits to pick her up. This was great. Shoving her phone back into her pocket she took a tiny bite of the yogurt again, her face contorting into a disgusted one. "So, what are you doing here? Patient or guest?" he asked before slumping down in the chair across from her. "Why do you care? More reason to torture me?" she muttered before really taking in what he looked like. He was exhausted - he hadn't done anything to cause her emotional stress in the few... what were they, hours?... that she had known him. "Sorry. Patient - in a sense. Until my mother comes to pick me up. They won't let me check out of this damn place because it was a back injury and they think I'm crazy because I can't remember squat! I sure as hell remember what happened to get me in this situation." she hissed, shaking her head and then dropping the spoon on the table and leaning back in the chair, allowing her arms to cross her chest as she watched him take a bite from the muffin along with the random photo. "Who's that?" she questioned lightly, motioning to the photo he had just placed on the table. With a sigh she shoved her hair back off of her face and bit her lip. "Mom in here?" she questioned, recalling him saying something about his mom in distress before he ran off like a maniac. Before he ran off and left her to attempt to fend for herself with the idiots who shoved her in to a cart. But she couldn't blame him. Family came first. He didn't know her. He didn't know that something like that could happen. She was just in a bad mood. She needed a different life - that was it. She needed some way to know that she wasn't stupid and that things could just go right again. Was that so difficult to ask?

(No where near as long as yours... only 844 words. But it's substantial ;3)
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:59 am

Matt tapped his foot on the floor to redirect all the built up angst. The last thing he wanted was to release it against this girl Ria, she seemed so fragile to him; When he first arrived he saw a bird thats wings were damaged by the storm; No matter how much it fluttered and tried to be free with the wind, its injury held it back and left it so vulnerable- she was that bird. So he tapped his foot, each beat sending a wave of control over his body. Matt was taken by surprise when she herself retorted in a foul tone that mirrored his exact feelings "Why do you care? More reason to torture me?" At this his mouth gaped open. Torture? He had never intended anything he said to sound a taunt, yet he was being accused or torturing her? He couldn't quite comprehend it. His mind was settled somewhat by her next words "Sorry. Patient - in a sense. Until my mother comes to pick me up. They won't let me check out of this damn place because it was a back injury and they think I'm crazy because I can't remember squat! I sure as hell remember what happened to get me in this situation." Her words came out in a spiteful hiss and Matt felt bewildered as to what could of happened. What had she done since the time he last saw her, and why did she seem so resentful over the incident? We all injure ourselves... Unless, Mat realised that she may not of injured herself and her injury was down to someone else. Matt felt his ebbing rage begin to boil again, he couldn't help it, other people had no right to hospitalise someone, whether is was more secondary such as in his mothers case, or more direct as he assumed was in Ria's case. He felt the muscles in his fist twitch and tense, but Ria continued, dampening off his fuse "Who's that?" she was referring to the photo. The photo of that man- his father. Matt would of guessed more rage would of aroused in him, but no, the mention of that man just left him with a still coldness. He felt nothing in the hole the man had left. No rage, no sadness, no disgust. His eyes began to glass over as his emotions deadened. Yet thankfully Ria continued, leaving that man as something he could casually forget to respond to. "Mom in here?" her words brought Matt back to the now, as emotions began to throb through him again, the mixing pot of anger, fear, desperation and love reviving him. How could he forget her? She was so wonderful, his mother, after all she had gone through she had remained strong. Sure, she was flawed, but who wasn't? He looked at Ria's inquisitive eyes, seeing the emotions that tossed and tumbled behind them. He wasn't the only one having a hard time.
"No, not in the cafeteria at least. In the hospital?" He sucked in a breath "Yeah, she is just sleeping. I haven't actually seen her since the accident. I was going to now, but she was asleep..."He glanced up at the light and paused for a moment, then continued in a soft whisper "Why disturb her?" Matt knew that in many ways the reason he hadn't disturbed here was because it was still alive, that thing he was to call his sister. He resented that fact, and he did not want his mother to know that. Matt knew that he would have to get used to it so he decided to continue speaking about his mother. "The baby is safe, it's a girl. Did I tell you that my mother was pregnant? Yeah, well, she is and with a girl. She took a nasty fall down the stairs, and nearly lost it, but it survived. My... Sister, that is." Matt realised he probably shouldn't be giving out the gender to everyone when his own mother didn't know. Or did she? He always walked off or ignored her when she spoke of the growing thing within her... He had not exactly treated her brilliantly. He jerked his thoughts back to what Ria said earlier. "What caused the bad back then? Was it a trip or an idiot, maybe idiots that caused it?" His eyes narrowed yet maintained their soft jovial expression. If he could find out who did it he could make them hurt... No, no... Two wrongs never made a right, but he could at least give them a good scare, he was sure he could manage that without the need to resort to physical contact. Still, he was assuming that someone else caused this. He would just have to wait and see. He finished up his muffin and stared at Ria expectantly, his wrist rested on the table, hands loosely open and and twisted at the wrist to be palm up. It wouldn't look threatening, and, his friend had taught him it gave the option for a girl to hold your own hand if she was troubled. If Ria was troubled and needed the contact, he was offering it opposed to taking on his earlier insular bodily stance, hands towards only himself and no one else. No. He was over thinking, he just had to act natural if she was to open up about anyone else hurting her. She may not want to pass on the blame, people did that didn't they? Fear of getting hurt again or something. Of course, he was still assuming someone else hurt her, but he couldn't help it. Her tone had taken him by surprise and it seemed to bare resemblance to the emotions he had had about the medical staff here, the baby and, of course, that man.

((Sorry that took a tad longer than I hoped, was called to help switch the TVs.
Dont worry, I had lots of different scenes to play with to get the word count to that Razz))
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:59 pm

The tapping of his foot. Why the hell was he tapping his foot. Was he really that impatient? She took another bite of the yogurt and made a slightly disgusted face. Why on earth was it this bad? Wasn't food supposed to be something that filled you up - not make you puke it back up? "No, not in the cafeteria at least. In the hospital? Yeah, she is just sleeping. I haven't actually seen her since the accident. I was going to now, but she was asleep..." and then he paused for a minute before asking a question and continuing on. "Why disturb her? The baby is safe, it's a girl. Did I tell you that my mother was pregnant? Yeah, well, she is and with a girl. She took a nasty fall down the stairs, and nearly lost it, but it survived. My... Sister, that is." he now had a sister? Ria was a little shocked - but she guessed it was only fair since she didn't really know him that well. It wasn't like he was one of the families which she had known before the accident but forgot. It should have been a surprise. But what surprised her more was the fact that he wanted to know what caused the bad back. She tilted her head a little bit at his outstretched hand and just watched it for a few seconds before sighing and wrapping her hands around the now shake of a frozen yogurt. "Originally - the accident I can't remember that caused the memory loss." she muttered, looking away for a second before back to his hand still slightly amused that he was offering it. "This recent one was this group of guys that claimed to go to my school. I don't remember who they are and they played on that, shoved me into the corner of a stand on accident while pushing me around in a circle." she said with a shrug. Gently she tapped her fingers against the tale and shoved a piece of hair out of her face. Why did he care anyways? He didn't really know her. It was a strange feeling - knowing that someone actually seemed to care when most were just sympathetic but didn't even want to be around her. She didn't know why it was such a big deal that she couldn't remember anything. And she didn't know why she had to be treated differently. she was still the same person - or so she thought. Sighing she looked around again before back to his hand and then him. "At least your mom's okay and you get that sister too," she managed a tiny grin before placing both of her hands behind her neck and stretching out her back a little bit - wincing in the process. Well, she would be out of commission for a few weeks at the least.

((489 words. woot. ria doesn't understand what's going on xD))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Ria didn't take his hand, Matt knew that he shouldn't be surprised by this, yet he was hurt. He felt foolish for feeling as such, yet he let his hands lay their, unflinching. He looked at her face, so peaceful yet so troubled it was a living breathing oxymoron, and he liked it. Somewhat, he realised that these projections of Ria could all be what he wanted to think himself and in reality her face may not read as such. Yet still, he read her this way, as twisted as it felt to like someone's expression suggesting turmoil, he couldn't help but enjoy it as it showed humanity. Nothing more than a puzzle of emotions. Quickly Matt snapped himself out of the trance he had fallen into as he realised she was speaking, he didn't know what he had missed her say, he just hoped it wasn't important. "...this group of guys that claimed to go to my school. I don't remember who they are and they played on that, shoved me into the corner of a stand on accident while pushing me around in a circle." Matt felt a painful twist in his stomach. She was hurt by someone else as he thought, and it was clearly a deliberate act. Once again his anger bubbled inside him threatening to take the last of his self control. He would make sure they would never hurt her again, physically and emotionally. He couldn't help these protective feelings, he was raised on them and he Ria was just so protectable. At that point, as he caught Ria glancing at his open hand and back at him, Matt realised he liked Ria in a way that was more than friendship. It was weird, he never really fancied any girls beyond friends, and even then his male to female contact was minimal. He was always so lock-tongued around the opposite gender, yet with Ria it was comfortable. He could speak to her, albeit calculated words, he managed to say them smoothly. Stupidly, Matt thought she might like him too for a moment, but he quickly realised that this was not the case and that he was acting like an overly friendly puppy-dog. "At least your mom's okay and you get that sister too," the words simmered in Matt's head for a moment. Yeah, his mother was well that was great, but getting a sister... He still didn't like it. He couldn't exactly say that though? How heartless he would seem! Matt locked his eyes on Ria, his expression filled with contemplation. Perhaps he could respond with a grunt? It wouldn't really reveal his true feelings about his sister whilst it wouldn't exactly be a lie either. No, he couldn't it seemed much to thuggish to resort to grunting. Ria moved to stretch, and Matt saw the pain flicker across her face in the form of a wince and the pain seemed to rebound onto his own feelings as empathy took hold. Quickly, Matt reached into his pockets as he remembered his homemade first aid box that he had picked up back at the house. He was still annoyed he had forgotten about it earlier today, it may of proved useful. It was more of a packet really, he contained a few useful items, pain killers, plasters, bandages, snap activated heating and cooling pads, small surgical scissors and of course a couple of forms of antiseptic, once of which took to form of whiskey. He pulled out the snap activated pads and painkillers and stuffed the rest pack in his pocket. Holding up the items he shot a warm smile at Ria. "So, when did you last take something for the pain? If you want you can have some ibuprofen, assuming the last medicines you ingested have worn off. Also, the back, since the injury is not fresh and swollen and is probably twanging more then anything" He snapped the heat pad "You will need heat not cold, so take this and hold it to the source of the pain. I insist." He jutted his hand forward, holding the heat pad almost rudely close to her face, and pushed the pain killers on the table forward. If there was one thing he needed, it was to help and this was the closest he could come when it came to immediate gratification. He hoped she wouldn't reject it, though he had a feeling that she was the sort of person he might. Matt bit his bottom lip and raised his eyebrows to encourage her to take the items from him.

((Matt just noted his attraction to Ria. Though, clearly he is confused between whether he is actually attracted to her or the prospect of helping her and playing the role of the knight in shining armor.))
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Ria stared dumbfounded at the packet which he pulled out of his pocket. What did he just carry that around on a daily basis? One eyebrow raised as she stared at him. "So when did you last take something for the pain? If you want you can have some ibuprofen, assuming the last medicines you ingested have worn off. Also, the back, since the injury is not fresh and swollen is probably twanging more than anything," and the heating pad snapped causing her to twitch a little bit at the noise. " You will need heat not cold, so take this and hold it to the source of the pain. I insist,". His hand came relatively close to her face and the pain killers sliding forwards. She bit her lip, pushing the pad away so it wasn't as close to her face. "I'm loaded on pain meds, the strong ones too. And unfortunately heating pads mess up the sensitive skin from the scarring." she said giving a tiny, sad, smile. "Thank you though," she said pausing before looking back up to him "do you just carry this stuff around on a daily basis?' she questioned with a light laugh as she rested her elbows on the table and her head in her hands. She sighed, closing her eyes as she heard a few people get up and leave. It was getting late, she had to admit that. And she would really really like to be going home right now. Why couldn't her mother get here any faster. "Why do you seem so annoyed?" she whispered, opening her eyes again and curling into herself as she usually did. She had a feeling that she was the center of this annoyance - it was only so usual - and she didn't really want to be the one that was annoying him. "If I'm annoying you I can leave. It's not a big deal, honestly." she added, still holing deeper and deeper into herself.

((313 words. She likes him - she just doesn't really know how to show him. And she didn't want to take his hand because it seemed awkward XD))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:38 pm

((Sorry that this is so crap and short Abba... I tried, but as expected the tears kinda interfered... If you want I can try this again tomorrow with something hopefully better, or you can try work off of the scraps I wrote here...))

Ria pushed the pad away from her face, leaving Matt feeling bad for thrusting it so near her., but his guilt was relieved slightly as Ria gave her reasons for declining his help:"I'm loaded on pain meds, the strong ones too. And unfortunately heating pads mess up the sensitive skin from the scarring. Thank you though." She gave him a meek smile and Matt felt his guilt return in the form of not fully thinking about Ria's previous accident. He felt like a prime example of a fool. Sometimes he felt like he caused more hurt when he tried to help, whatever sort of hurt that may be. As his attitude sank, Ria carried on with a more upbeat tone."Do you just carry this stuff around on a daily basis?" Matt couldn't help but drop a smile at that one, he guessed it would probably seem odd "Normally, I forgot about it yesterday, but I won't be making that mistake again." his voice took on a chirpy character " I was taught to be prepared for medical emergencies, see..." Matt trailed off into a defeated sigh. His dad was the one who taught him, that man who he hated so. His emotions were so mixed up, he just couldn't make heads of tails of it. He hated him, oh how he hated him. Yet, he was his dad, the man who taught him about preparation, how ride a bike, how to write that tricky letter 'd'... But no, he was still that man. He plagued Matt and his mothers lives, a constant shadow of locusts above their heads, swarming down when it was least wanted. Matt frowned, his anger twisting inside him, raging war against the elusive bubbly feelings he held within. Ria kept on speaking "Why do you seem so annoyed? If I'm annoying you I can leave. It's not a big deal, honestly." Matt felt bad for letting his own issues spill over onto Ria. His prior feelings of guilt returning with a vengeance. Why did he always have to leave other people in situations where they saw themselves to be the one to blame when it was him- It was always him. Maybe even with his dad, perhaps he was to blame? It certainly would fit with the pattern. Perhaps if he had done some things differently.... He couldn't dwell on it now though, he was splashing his emotions all over the place.
"No..." His voice continued the ways of his earlier sigh; defeated and lost. "No, it's not you. It is me, and you don't have to go. You can stay here..." He paused for a moment as the cogs in his head began to click and turn. If she stayed, he may unwillingly throw more of his emotional baggage into her trunk. It would be best if he retreated, left her to continue the night the way she had originally planned. He had, after all, barged in on her eating and had stubbornly assumed she'd want his company- not that his company was any good- and perhaps she had wanted some alone time. He had acted so inconsiderately all for his own self gain as he followed only his thoughts and ideas. "On second thoughts Ria, you stay here, I'll go. My mother is probably up now anyways, and why leave her alone. But honestly, it isn't you. It is all me, I am just trying to deal with some stuff... The whole mother incident was pretty rattling for the supports of my emotions... I'm so sorry. I'll leave." With that, Matt downed the last of his drink and snatched up the photo of that man and walked away leaving the half eaten muffin on the table. The sequence of events happened so fast that he left no time for Ria to protest or to get up and leave herself, he just walked straight towards the door, fists clenched around the photo of that man, and his teeth grinding as his emotions boiled over. He would find his mother, who would still be asleep he was sure, and just sit with her watching over her as he was left to do.
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Ria could see the turmoil he was going through and she felt bad for bringing it up. It was just bothering him even more than before. With a sigh she got up and tossed away the yogurt as he continued on explaining that it was his fault and continually apologizing. She couldn't help but feel horrible about causing him to blame himself that she grasped her phone and shoved it into her pocket. After making sure she hadn't forgotten anything she trailed behind him before pausing. She didn't want to bother him. But, she didn't want him feeling this way. "Matt" she called out before reaching her hand out and ending up having to stand on her tiptoes to put her hand on his shoulder. "It's not your fault, you aren't annoying me either - I just wanted to make sure my mood wasn't adding onto irritation." she paused, swallowing a deeper breath as she watched him. "I'd rather prefer not to be alone. But, I can understand why you'd want to - and if you want to be alone, I can leave." she added as she noticed his clenched fist. "I'm sure your mum will be fine and I can join you if you want me to." she paused before taking in another breath and looking around. Pausing she realized that she was probably intruding and then seeing that. "I'm sorry for possibly intruding. Here - I can be wherever if you need me." she said before handing him her number and biting her lip before walking off. She went off rather slowly though attempting to find a secluded place to sit because she didn't want all these people to be around her and feeling sorry.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:35 pm

As Matt walked, his feet gliding over the floor as his long stride took action he heard a familiar voice, it was Ria. "Matt" He stopped, and the next thing he knew his shoulder was underneath a hand. Ria continued speaking as Matt stood still, his thoughts hushing just as his footsteps had. "It's not your fault, you aren't annoying me either - I just wanted to make sure my mood wasn't adding onto irritation." Her voice quit for a moment as she took a in a breath. Matt's own thoughts kicked in at this point as he pondered why Ria was chasing after him. Had he acted overly dramatic perhaps? Why would she feel the need to chase after him? Had he accidently made her feel guilty? Matt didn't know, but he did know that whatever the reason, he would probably have to feel bad. He could be so self involved... Yet, Ria continued pulling his queries deeper into the light. "I'd rather prefer not to be alone. But, I can understand why you'd want to - and if you want to be alone, I can leave." Great. He had misread her all this time. He should of stayed, he knew he had acted rashly. His anger at himself intensified, ever since he moved here he could never get things right. These recent events really proved that to him. Suddenly, Matt was drawn back to reality and where all his thoughts should be focused, not just some, as Ria mentioned that once special person. "I'm sure your mum will be fine and I can join you if you want me to." His mother was right there, around the corner and here he was acting selfishly. He knew his thoughts had to be for no one but his mother. Ma. His muscles relaxed and his fists loosened. If she was going to get better quickly, it would be through softness and positivity, not through brutishness and negativity. He turned to look at Ria. He could do with a friend like her, but there was no point in forcing it upon her. He may of liked her, but right now he really just need to have a friend, perhaps from there they could even hope to expand things. He noted a change in expression within Ria's eyes suggesting something had occurred to her. is suspicions were quickly confirmed."I'm sorry for possibly intruding. Here - I can be wherever if you need me." Next thing thing Matt knew, Ria was handing him something as she went about biting her lip before walking away. Matt watched her for a moment, then looked down at the slip of paper before him. A number. He could only assume it was hers. Something within him broke free and a warm bubbly feeling filled the place of boiling anger. He had Ria's number, he had made progress. But how? He had moped... Briefly, a moment of dissatisfaction swept over him; he would of preferred to have gotten her number on better terms than this. The feeling was quickly swept aside as remembered the promise he had made to himself earlier- positivity. Suddenly it occurred to him that she had walked away under the impression that he was in a bad mood. If that was him, he knew his worry would of taken over. With long, powerful strides, Matt took after Ria. With his height and athletic ability, it didn't take long for him to catch up to her even at a walking pace. He softly called her name "Ria!" Then, without waiting for a response he bent down and gently wrapped his arms around her thin frame for a second or two and whispered "Thank you." Then, wordlessly and subtly avoiding eye contact, fearing his hug would seem out of place, he turned on his heel and made his way back to see his mother. He had done it. He had actually hugged her, Matt was still shocked that he had actually had the guts, and some might claim the audacity, to go up and hug her with barely any words to accompany the action. Still, he had done it, and now he would go and hug his mother and share bountiful words with her.

((I seem to be hitting and average of 700words... Not even intentional, I've been aiming for quality opposed to quantity xP))
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:12 pm

((depressed me and a haunted Ria gets you this)

Ria had closed her eyes for a second, feeling horrible for intruding. It would be best if she just went home. Started walking - she didn't care what the doctors said she would release herself. She took in a few short breaths before heading to the door. Matt had so much to deal with. It was best if she just left him alone. Her fingers ran through her hair as she felt the tears coming. She just wanted to be normal. Normal! Was that too much to ask. To feel happy when she wanted to. To not be so depressed, so out of it, all the time. She knew that she wasn't who she was meant to be but she didn't know how to get there - not when she didn't remember anything. Biting her lip she heard her name, very softly - so softly she was pretty sure she had imagined it so the just kept moving. Not but two seconds later she felt a tall frame behind her. She took in a short intake of breath as she saw arms wrap around her waist and she went to fight until she heard his voice. She closed her eyes for a second to calm down before nodding her head. "No problem," she managed to say before she watched him go back towards where she could only assume the room was. On her last whim, just to get out of here she walked out the front doors and towards the road that she knew would lead her back to her home.

Halfway there her mom found her and picked her up. Telling her that she was a burden and that she had caused her mom too much worry for one night she went into her room and locked herself in there. She flopped back on her bed, eyes trained on the ceiling fan to try and get rid of the pain from the day. If only it was as simple as that. She wanted her memories back. But she wanted to disappear at the same time. She didn't want to be living in a world where she was a hollow shell with no soul. It was too difficult. The night set deeper and deeper - ridding the sun, ridding the light, ridding the signs of hope. She knew her mom would be asleep. She knew the townspeople would be locked away in their houses. She knew the bridge that no one went to because of it's rickety - unstable structure. Yes. That bridge, exactly that bridge, would be the perfect place to go. She waited a few more minutes before she unlocked her second story window and slid it open, shutting it almost all the way before sliding down the edge of the roof to the ladder which was situated on the side for the workers who were cleaning out the gutters and fixing shingles from the last storm. Cautiously she descended it before making sure her shoes were tied tight and then yanking all of her hair back and out of her face and setting off at a run down the street and towards that bridge. The towns oldest bridge. The one with the most damage from the storm that caused her memory loss. They were connected somehow. Spiritually - if a bridge had such a thing a spirit. But, she felt as if she were to die right then, that she would want to be stuck to that bridge. Maybe it would allow her to figure out what happened - as a ghost listening to everyone's stories and accounts. She could learn a lot. No one would miss her - not for a while at least. No one would know what happened. No one even searched near this bridge. No one went near it. It was a place of bad things. And at this particular time, becoming a ghost sounded like the best alternative. She didn't want to be living in this pain every day. Every single second. She wanted to get out but she didn't know how. Her mom didn't really love her - she knew she was a shell of a reminder of the family she once had. Because. She didn't have a family anymore. No. She had a daughter who didn't know herself. No husband. A buttload of debt. And a house that was falling apart. She no longer had that family. It would be easier for her if she didn't have the already ghost like daughter right there by her side as a reminder every second of everyday.

Finally her footsteps came to a stop as she arrived at the bridge. She took one look at it and knew why people wanted to stay away from it. Carefully she placed her feet in certain areas in order to get to the middle of the bridge. It took longer than she had hoped but she was there. Looking to both sides she felt stable enough before pushing all of her weight into the railing. It groaned in protest but stayed. Assessing the situation again for a few moments. Her hands grasped onto the railing to anchor her center of balance before she swung her legs over and sat looking out at the water. Her nails digging into the old wood as her legs dangled below with no where to go but into the raging rapids from the storm that had raged the night before. It was strangely calming but she let her mind run and the only things that appeared were destructive thoughts. The nearest houses were at least a mile in every direction and soon the tears that were sliding down her face turned into light sobs. "WHY?! Why me?! Why can't I remember anything?! Why do I have to live here like this?! I just want it all to be over! OVER! DONE! FINISHED!" she shouted at the water, at the world, at the blank slate in front of her but with no where to go. She pulled her legs in a little closer to her. The tears wouldn't stop streaming down her face and it wasn't long before she felt completely alone, completely useless. It was so stupid. It was something she didn't want to be but was. "I just want to go to sleep and never wake up..." she choked out - a little louder than needed but still there. One shaking hand went through her hair brushing it back and when she looked at it she noticed she was trembling. Maybe the bridge could just collapse and it would all be over... maybe she could just sleep forever...

With one last look around she grabbed her phone. Matt had sent her a text just so she had his number in her phone. She saved it before texting him, let her know i'm sorry that i'm just a shell and closing her phone. Her eyes fell closed and she went to push herself off into the water but she couldn't do it. The bridge was creaking enough though that she sat there frozen to the spot. Let it collapse. Let it take her under those rapids. Let her close her eyes and never have to open again...

((1204 words. i figured he could get the txt, freak out and go to find her. we can pretend they passed by the bridge and ria made a comment about how sad it was that it was in such bad shape so that's the first place he thinks of...))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:20 am

((You'll have to excuse my sloppy writing. Morning Dottie is never a skilled Dottie 0.o I ended up deleting the first version as it was just crazy person talk))

Matt pushed the door open to his mothers room and slowly made his way to the chair placed neatly to the side of her bed. She looked so peaceful in her sleep, like nothing troubled her or could trouble her. He wished that she could stay like, it would be the easiest way to keep her safe. Yet, Matt knew that the selfish part of him wouldn't want to lose her company; he loved his mother and she she and him had become tighter since that man had left, he never wanted to disturb that friendship, he treasured it more than anything. Matt let his head drop back for a moment, sucking in the stale hospital air and frowning; Standards had really dropped these days. Cumbersomely, Matt shifted his frame to the window, cracking it open to let the fresh air circulate the room; sadly the fresh air came with a smell of burnt tire, he had no clue where it came from but it wasn't pleasant. Groaning, he shut the window and made his way back to his mothers bed. Though to Matt's surprise she was awake and watching him with wide eyes; he had expected her to wake in an hour or so and that she would be barely coherent, with drowsy barely open eyes. Still, there she was looking bright and alert against all his expectations. "Ma" His voice was soft, he worried that she would be suffering a head ache "How are you, Ma? The doctors said you suffered a concussion and that you lost a lot of blood..." His voice trailed off conveniently as he left off the last bit of information regarding his supposed sister.
"Fine... Surprisingly fine actually. Feels like I spent the month fast asleep." She paused and let out a light laugh "Is this where you're going to tell me that I'm not far off and have in fact been in a coma for the past couple of months, perhaps a year." Matt cracked a smile before he continued speaking.
"No, no. You've slept no more than you would in a night where you get a lay in. The bump on the head probably made sure most of it was REM though." His smile was meek as he looked down at his mother laying in the bed. So he swept down and enclosed her into a big hug. "I was worried, Ma. I didn't know if you'd be okay.They wouldn't let me see you for ages... But you are fine now, and that is what matters."He kept hugging her, never wanting to let go.
"Oh, Matt. Of course I'm fine! I could never leave you alone." she hugged him back, but he grasp was weak. It was to be expected, she had lost a lot of blood. Suddenly, Matt's blood ran cold at his mothers next words. "So, Matt, what about the baby? Is it...?" Matt let go of his mother and sank back to his chair, his mothers watching eyes pressing him for more information.
"It's fine. It's a girl." Matt couldn't muster the strength to say anymore than that, he just sat back and let his mother absorb the information.
"Good!" He response was quicker than he had anticipated, but as joyous as expected. "I thought I still felt the baby there. Or, I guess I can say, her there. A little girl, wow. You'll have a tiny sister! Oh, you could look after her as all big brothers should and tease her when she gets a bit too cheeky. It will be wonderful! What should we call her? Any ideas? Something standard like Anne? Maybe, something like-" Matt didn't hear any more, he couldn't hear anymore, he was out the door and heading for the exit.

Matt walked down the road, his head buzzing with emotions yet again. He felt both bad and relieved for walking out on his mother, she was so excited. Perhaps she would be babbling on about that thing for so long that she wouldn't notice is departure for another hour or so. In all honesty, Matt was past caring for the most part. Sure, he felt guilty, but she knew he had a hard time accepting that thing into their lives, why did she have to force it down his throat like that? He shook his head free of thoughts pertaining his mother and the baby. He needed to focus on new things, better things. His hands slipped into his pockets, where his finger tips landed on a slip of paper. Pulling the paper out, Matt recognised it as the number Ria had given him earlier on in the day. Perhaps he should let her know his number now, it would give him something to do for a moment, even if it went against what his friends had told him about replying with a number only after eighteen hours. Whipping out his phone, Matt dialed in Ria's number and shot her a simple text reading 'Hey, just thought I'd let you know that this is Matt Vance'. There, simple and standard, noting wrong with that. Briefly, Matt contemplated sending her another text asking how she was, but decided better of it. No point in making his friends advice completely redundant in these supposedly crucial moments early on in the friendship, possible relationship. Matt smiled at the idea of being in a relationship with Ria, he knew he was thinking rashly, but he couldn't help it. Slowly, Matt made his way along the road. He could just get lost around here, that was exactly what he needed and it was what he intended to do.

Matt looked up at the trees. Firs. Odd, he didn't think they grew this close to the sea, yet there they were tall and green. Very green. Matt sat down under one by the roadside, using its bumpy trunk as a backrest. He wasn't sure how long he had walked or, not that long he assumed, yet somehow he had successfully gotten himself nice and lost. His hand dived into his pocked as he searched for his phone to check the time, as he did it vibrated in his hand indicating a new text had come in. Probably Marty he guessed, sending Matt yet another crude joke. Matt had to blink as he saw the name, shocked to see a response from Ria. Quickly he clicked to see what the text read. Once again, Matt blinked as he read the words before him 'let her know i'm sorry that i'm just a shell'. Did they mean what he thought hey meant? No, they couldn't. Could they? Matt shot up, if they were what he thought, he had no time to sit and think, he could just act. But he didn't know where he was? His feet started sprinting anyway, taking him somewhere, it was better than no where. As he sprinted, Matt texted Ria desperately, 'Wheree are you/' it would probably be a useless action, but he had to try. For now, he would just run, hoping to find her.

A bridge came into sight, a lone figure stood upon it. Matt kicked up his sprinting up a gear into a speed he never knew he had. The figure looked thin and small, like Ria, and she was on a bridge over the rapids of snarling water. Matt shouted her name "Ria! Stop!" then crashed into her he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her from the bridges side. His bulk had no problem pulling her away, and her small size kept them from falling over, but he probably had left Ria with a few more bruises to deal with, but that was better than leaving her family with a loss o life to deal with. Matt started sobbing and shouting at her as he shook her tiny frame "What are you doing! Are you crazy! No matter what, don't you dare try and take your own life! Oh, god!" Matt broke down into tears and pulled Ria to him in a vice like hug, his shaking turning into rocking. There was no point in shouting, sure he his emotions were running high, but clearly hers were running so low that she didn't see the point of it anymore. Right now, she needed help, to know that she is worth it no matter how much of her was what she was before. Quietly and slowly Matt continued to speak. "You're not an empty shell. You are you, there will still be elements of who you once were in there, there always is with amnesia patients. Usually the good stuff. And even then, I like this you." Matt gulped "I never knew the old you, but this you I'm starting to know, and I like her- A lot. I don't find you empty, and I'm sure as hell that your mother, or whoever this 'her' is, doesn't find you empty. " His ragged breathing began to join his voice as it slowed and quietened. He pulled Ria away from him and looked deep into her eyes "Promise me you won't ever try, not even think, about something like that again?" He held his intense gaze for a moment, then let his hands drop from her side. He dropped down on the floor, he was exhausted, he had sprinted god knows how far and for how long, his muscles were turning to jelly unable to support his big frame. So he sat there head between his legs as he caught his breath and sanity again.
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next