Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abba-Smchmabba And Dot-a-lot

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Abba-Smchmabba And Dot-a-lot - Page 2 Empty Re: Abba-Smchmabba And Dot-a-lot

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:02 am

She didn't know for how long exactly she sat there, listening to the creaking noise of that bridge and just wishing for it to break and take her with it. It didn't happen though, and it wasn't long after that in which she heard a voice. She closed her eyes, shaking her head. Take her now. Now. She wanted it over now. But it didn't happen. Not two seconds after that last ditch plea in her head did she feel arms around her and the bumping and bruising of her body against the rotted, jutting wood. She was already sobbing but it didn't take long for her to hole up completely as he shook her frame, her mind flooding back to the shaking of the boat that jarred her so badly it caused her back injuries. The pain. The water. The man yelling at her to stay awake - to stay with them. She didn't want to. She didn't even catch most of what he was saying to her. She just heard the shouting voice and the word crazy Before she could say anything she was locked tightly into a hug that she couldn't wiggle free from. Giving in she just collapsed there, sobbing into his chest before she curled up in order to protect herself from the images in her head. The yelling - the sound of the water. It was all slowly coming back to her and she felt like she couldn't breathe. "You're not an empty shell. You are you, there will still be elements of who you once were in there, there always is with amnesia patients. Usually, the good stuff. And even then, I like this you." she broke down more. "I never knew the old you, but this you I'm starting to know, and I like her - a lot. I don't find you empty, and I'm sure as hell that your mother, or whoever this 'her' is, doesn't find you empty." She shook her head, hair now wet from the mist of the rapids below as the bridge continued to creak. Let it collapse. Let it end now. Please. He pulled her out to arms length so that he could look at her, holding her gaze no matter how hard she tried to get out of it. "Promise me you won't ever try, not even think, about something like that again?" then she was let go and he dropped to the ground, catching his breath and collecting himself as she stumbled backwards still in tears. "But I am. I don't know anything. My mom doesn't give a rats ass. In fact I was so annoying to her tonight that she got pissed at me for causing her to leave work. I'm useless. I can't be helpful. I'm a burden. A burden to every living thing. I'm just a shell. A shell of the family that my mum used to have. That husband she'll never see again. That daughter who can't even remember what her favorite meal is and has back injuries that sometimes cause her to be stuck in bed all day. Something that has to eat and 'wastes' money that she could be using for herself. I don't deserve this life. I don't deserve to be alive. They fought for me on that boat. Because they thought I'd be the same. Because they thought I could remember. Well. I'm sorry to burst their bubble. But I just remembered like two seconds ago. And I don't even remember most of it. I just remember them shouting at me to stay with them. Why? Because I wanted to die! Just like I do right now! I can't do anything right, Matt. I can't. And I can't promise you that either." she fought back, not watching where she was walking as she continued moving backwards in order to catch her balance and it wasn't long before her foot stepped on a weak board and it fell through causing her to tumble backwards and feel a gash in her leg. She let out a scream as it happened, the pain overwhelming before she whispered. "God just make this end... make the pain go away" The tears came back and she buried her face in her hand, sobs racking her body as she managed to pull her leg out again only to scream once more as it cut it deeper. She lay it out straight, afraid if she bent it that it would cause even more pain. Curling her good leg up to her chest she bent into herself and wished for it all to stop. "No one, really, cares. I'll just be a passing phase that people will forget in like... a week." she whispered between sobs. Still completely torn up she allowed her mind to concentrate on the creaking of the bridge and the huge wish that it would just break. She had burdened Matt too much. But he was the only one she thought wouldn't come after her when she sent that message. But here he was. Fighting for her to live when she didn't have any fight left...

((drammaaaa))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

http://kaydeniro.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:57 pm

As Matt sat there, he heard Ria move, her feet hitting the floor unevenly as she sobbed out words that had clearly ate away at her since the accident. "But I am. I don't know anything. My mom doesn't give a rats ass. In fact I was so annoying to her tonight that she got pissed at me for causing her to leave work. I'm useless. I can't be helpful. I'm a burden. " Matt thought about that word burden, she wasn't to him. Yet he doubted she would believe him if she said so." A burden to every living thing. I'm just a shell. A shell of the family that my mum used to have. That husband she'll never see again. That daughter who can't even remember what her favorite meal is and has back injuries that sometimes cause her to be stuck in bed all day. Something that has to eat and 'wastes' money that she could be using for herself. I don't deserve this life. I don't deserve to be alive." As the words brought back the harsh relaity of what Matt had just saved her from doing, he sucked in a sahrp breath. "They fought for me on that boat. Because they thought I'd be the same. Because they thought I could remember. Well. I'm sorry to burst their bubble. But I just remembered like two seconds ago. And I don't even remember most of it. I just remember them shouting at me to stay with them. Why? Because I wanted to die! Just like I do right now! I can't do anything right, Matt. I can't. And I can't promise you that either." The silence of Ria's speech caused him to look up at her to try and get a read on any emotions she may still be bottling within, yet he couldn't read a thing. Cracking, a board broke from underneath Ria and she fell through. The sound made Matt instantly aware that she had probably just injured herself and he shot up with all the energy he could muster. "God just make this end... make the pain go away" The words made Matt take an unsteady step towards her as he was still trying to get up, alas, his strength was still drained from his earlier run, and Ria had let out another scream in the removal of her leg and was now settling down. He looked at her straightened out leg, a nasty gash, it looked like it had been torn open again, and he didn't did the tearing- It could easily get infected. Ria chocked out more in a quiet whisper "No one, really, cares. I'll just be a passing phase that people will forget in like... a week." Matt looked her, a concern frown falling over his face. She was unwell, physically and emotionally. If there was one good thing his father had taught him, it was how to heal and mend, and that was exactly what he intended to do with Ria, no matter what he had to put himself through.
"I care, Ria. Why else do you think I came her?" Matt made his way over to her, and kneeled down by her leg. "Here, let me take care of that." Matt made sure his voice remained calm and soft "Don't even think of protesting. Just remember, I'm a lot bigger than you" He pulled out his first aid kit, sifting through the contents, his eyes flicking to and from the wound, diagnosing what it needed. " He wouldn't be able to sew up the wound, he could try pick out any splinters with the scissors, but at least he could clean and bandage it. Any immediate infection could be thwarted, then the doctors could sew it up. "Okay, you're going to have to trust me here Ria, my-" He paused a moment, gulping in the air preparing to say the word he dreaded. "My father was a doctor, so I have some training in medicine. Just stay quiet, it may sting or hurt a bit, but believe me if I do this now I could be saving you a lot of problems later. Maybe even saving you a leg." He flicked his eyes up to her smiling "And you're gonna need that leg when we kick life's arse together." He looked back at the leg intently. First, he wiped it up with a swab of antiseptic, clearing his view a bit better. "Okay, I may have to cut a bit of flesh off here, I don't have anything for the pain, except this" He held up the brandy "Take a swig or two if you want, it might help a bit." He placed the brandy on the ground, his eyes staying focused on the gash, not paying attention as to whether she took it or not. "Right, stay still for me Ria, there are some splinters I want to get out." He snatched up the scissors and delicately pulled out all the splinters he could, followed by taking the scissors to a bit of flesh cutting off about quarter of an inch off. "The really nasty bit is done, now all you need is antiseptic and bandages... Well you really need stitches too, but we can go to a doctor for that, or if you'd prefer me to do it, we can hike to mine. The key word there is hike however." Matt dabbed a generous amount of anti-sceptic over Ria's open wound then began bandaging it up, slowly as to remain gentle as he made sure the bandages were firm but unpinching. "Now Ria, I can't help you with your mother. But I can offer guidance of, well I guess thought. You need to realise that parents often do have issues adjusting to their children with amnesia. They play the blame card only too often for my liking. But deep down they love their children, even if they don't show it. Heck, I knew one of my fathers patients who were beaten by their parents, plural, but eventually things smoothed out. " Matt stopped for a moment as he knotted and pinned the bandage. Then rested his hand gently on the leg, smoothing it as he carried on speaking. "If things get too rough there are still places you can go, homes for children who need to get out for a bit, or I'm always an option as a place to stay. You're not going to embark on an easy road, I'm not going to lie, but it is a road, and the destination you wish for will appear. " Sighing, Matt pulled himself next to Ria and he put his arm around her pulling her into him. "As I said earlier, I care about you. So don't go jumping off any bridges. You can get your old life back, or you can start afresh and live life the way you want to. Life is full of complications. I have my own" Matt bit his lip, unsure as to whether he should mention about his father "Such as with my family... My sister, well, I don't see her as my sister for certain reasons. Yet, I can't reject as it would hurt my mum. I'm forced to take the hard way, sure I don't do that perfectly, I have my blips, but I do it or I will hurt someone. If you take the easy way, Ria and-" Once again, Matt gulped "and you kill yourself, well I know you would be hurting someone. Me. You are my only friend here and I just so happen to be really happy that I got to have you instead of some other stupid kid." He let go. There was no point in lecturing her any longer, she needed to get her leg stitched up. Matt leaped to his feet, energy restored and muscles feeling much more nimble."So, how about getting that leg fully fixed? Shall we head to the hospital or hike to mine?" He shot her a big smile, and held out his hand as an offer to help her up.

((Sorry, I kinda god-RPed a tad there. But if you want Ria to say a protest or wriggle around a bit, feel free to, just write in that Matt held her still or shot her a glare or something. But hey, Ria is getting to see the 'aged beyond his years and very caring' Matt here. He can be such a sweetheart bless him! Razz ))
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:51 pm

He came over to her as she hurt herself, his voice filling her ears but not meaning anything to her. It didn't matter. She didn't really want to listen to it anyways. But the second he came over and began to pull out the first aid kit she squirmed away - attempting to get away from the medical objects she didn't want to be around. Of course, his strong arms forced her to sit down and stay there. "Matt!" she complained, slapping him as soon as he was done. "What the hell!" she managed to say, getting to her feet to leave and then collapsing again. "And I don't want some doctors opinion on this situation! I've heard plenty of them. And they all sound like you. With that robotic response. It doesn't change anything." she shook her head furiously as the tears slid down her face and the hair curled around her scalp in a quick umbrella-like fashion. "It's not the same. I'm not out of some textbook!" she said, trembling now as she buried her head in her hands. She didn't want the hospital. "If you are going to force me then yours," she muttered in annoyance. He had the audacity to cut into her leg and then run off textbook answers about this. She closed her eyes, still trembling before she let out a sigh and took his hand, pulling herself to her feet and then ending up having to lean against him in order to keep moving without falling down. It was going to be a long trek, though she was silent most of it. After the long silence and the ability to calm down she managed to say in between a bit of labored breathing because of the pain that she was in, "I'm sorry for snapping - really I am. It's just... it's too much," she said, feeling a few more tears slide down her cheek - though she was no longer bawling. She was too shaken up to really deal with this all.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:31 pm

The slap stung. Matt couldn't deny that fact; despite her skinniness, Ria still had a fair bit of strength behind her. It wouldn't bruise, it didn't exactly hurt lots, but the sting of it certainly pricked at his skin. Oh well, what did he expect, he had forced her into taking his help, but what else could he have done? She needed to get her leg sorted as soon as possible, and when Matt did anything like that, he could not do it half-heartedly. Still, Ria spoke and vented her rage as expected. "And I don't want some doctors opinion on this situation! I've heard plenty of them. And they all sound like you. With that robotic response. It doesn't change anything. It's not the same. I'm not out of some textbook!" She trembled as she buried her head in her hands before continuing "If you are going to force me then yours." Matt looked at her tear streaked face and felt pained as empathy took a vicious strike at him. Why did it all have to be so hard? Life, that is. No one got the easy card, and it could often feel like such a lonely path where no one could even possibly hope to understand. Still, he had hope in Ria, and clearly she did too, even if it was just a reflection of what he saw; his theory was proved correct as Ria took hold of his hand and began to trek away from the bridge with him. Her footing was unsteady, and she relied heavily on leaning on his big frame for support. Matt decided not to speak yet, the poor girl was hysterical. She needed to calm down and focus on actually walking, and he didn't want to give her any reason to reject his help. So they walked on, Matt not speaking and Ria recollecting her self, the silence becoming a favored companion.

For a long time, they had walked in silence. Ria's unsteady footing giving a rhythm to the beat of Matt's own footsteps. But through the ragged breaths that were consuming Ria, she managed to speak a few words out of the calmness of her mind: "I'm sorry for snapping - really I am. It's just... it's too much," Matt nodded. What was he to say? He needed to choose his words carefully, or did he? Clearly Ria had taken his earlier words as robotic and she had become upset. He needed to respond quickly to show his raw thoughts and emotions.
"It's okay. I understand, things must be really difficult for you right now." He looked at the fresh trails of tears. "But I really want you to know that I am truly here for you. I'm sorry I seemed robotic. The thing is, all of what I said is true. I know I seemed a bit detached, but that is because it was medicine. I know the problems that arise form doctors who never detached themselves... They end up hurting themselves and those they love more than anything else." He paused for a moment to recollect himself and hold back the flood that threatened to break free of the dam in his eyes. "Still, I'm sorry. I just don't want to turn out that way, so I just turn to auto pilot in situations like that." Matt's eyes turned and locked on Ria intently " Ria, I want you to understand though. I do not lie, I never lie. Everything I said, say and will say are true, and I mean them, even if the wrapping doesn't suggest the sentimental intent behind it all." He looked away and continued up the hill, welcoming the mental clamp back onto his tongue as he let the words fighting to spill out get repressed into pure silence on his part.
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Ria let out a low sigh. It was true. Everything he had said had been true. But she didn't want to believe it. She didn't want to deal with it. She simply wanted it to all go away. That was all she asked for. All that she could deal with. She looked up to him multiple times, the tears still staining her face. "Thank you" she whispered. Then she tried to continue trekking on. But it was getting harder and harder and it didn't take long for her to completely lose her balance and fall forwards, face first into the dirt. She sniffled, pulling herself back to her feet before her knees gave out again. "I can't walk anymore." she choked out as she looked up at the sky - the sound of thunder hitting her ears and then the rain slowly starting to fall. "It hurts too much," she whispered, rubbing her eyes to get rid of the tears that were stemming more than before. "I'm really sorry Matt. I really am." she said breaking down even more. She couldn't do this. She couldn't deal with this. She just wanted to sit here and cry. Cry against someone who cared and be free for once. She couldn't do it - not anymore...
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:03 am

Matt looked checked the time trying to gauge how long it would take before they got to his place. It had already taken so long, if he was the only one walking back, he would of got there a good fifteen minutes ago at the very least, but at this pace, it would take at least another fifteen minutes to actually get there. Ria suddenly tripped and lost her footing, leaving Matt stunned as she hit the ground face first. That must of hurt. He went to help her up, but she had already managed to pull her body upright again, but only for a moment. Her frame wobbled and her body was pulled back down to the ground again. Clearly, she was tired and the long walk had taken its toll on her, her words confirmed his thoughts: "I can't walk anymore. It hurts too much." Her voice was barely a whisper. Ria went about rubbing her eyes before continuing "I'm really worry Matt. I really am." Ria finally broke down completely, leaving Matt stunned for a moment. He forgot just how much physical and emotional energy could be linked. The surrounding trees gave the area a nice shaded spot, perhaps they should just sit here for a moment, her leg was at least wrapped up. Undoubtedly Matt would of preferred if the injury was sewn up as quickly as possible, but there was no point in straining her to get there. He plopped himself down next to Ria then lay down closing his eyes, continuing his silence. They could rest for now. After a few minutes however, Matt began to feel restless. The moments rest he had not accounted for, and he was itching to finish the task he set out to do; stitch up Ria's leg. He hoisted his large body up from the ground, sitting up straight and stretching out. "So, then Ria," he began speaking "How do you feel about walking now?" Hugging his legs, Matt stretched out his shoulder blades. "If you are still not up to it, I can always carry you." Mat turned to her with a grin. "I know I look like I couldn't do it, with this 'small' body of mine. But looks can be deceiving." He gave a light chuckle then bounced back up to his feet in a surprisingly mobile manner for his lumbering size. He could carry Ria easy, she was only slight and they would get to his house in much less time than if they walked. Quite stupid of him not to think of this earlier. Of course, he was still assuming that she would be fine with getting carried and that could be far from the case after all. "So what do you say. I promise I won't try any funny business." He wiggled his eye brows jokingly and held out his hand to help her up.

((Sorry it's a shorter one from me again. Brain still not functioning this weekend 0.o))
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:11 am

Ria curled up beside him just wanting to sleep it all off. But it wasnt happening. He moved not five minutes later wanting to go again. She groaned in complaint but took his hand and attempted to stand only to cuss at the pain it brought. "no. I cant." she whispered as he went on about carrying her. She knew she woulsnt win the battle of staying to rest so after a few minutes of contemplation. "I suppose. I really just want to sleep. So if you dont mind that then go ahead" she whispered, whipping more tears from her eyes as she heard the thunder crash and felt the rain on her skin. She was getting cold now. Really cold. And she just wanted to sledp. That was all.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:10 pm

"Sleep?" Matt thought for a moment, he could let her sleep here on the ground, but he'd much rather be moving. She would just have to sleep as he carried her, or wait until they got to his house. "Fine. Go to sleep, I'm a fairly steady and smooth walker. My movement shouldn't bother you too much, and I don't mind carrying you as you sleep. Or, of course, you could wait for another ten minutes, maybe less, until we get to mine. Up to you." He started the hike up the steep incline of the hill, being careful not to jolt Ria around to much as he went. Ria wasn't heavy -he guessed that was the toll of the hospital- he could probably carry her for hours and not feel the least bit tired, still, for her comfort it would probably be best to get home sooner rather than later. Matt paused, calculating the best route; off road and off the track was the quickest way back, so that would have to be the way he walked. The foliage made a thicket of possible traps to knock Matt off his balance, but experience taught Matt the best way to place his feet. In almost no time at all, he had picked up a steady rhythm, whilst keeping his walk level as not to bounce Ria about. It wouldn't take long now.

The building stood before him, and he noted the peeling paint at the fence, something he would soon recognize to be one of the many quirks of this place he would soon freely come to call home- or so he hoped. The thing that made it home was their possessions, the smell they brought and, but of course, his mother. His mother. Realising that he had not come home since the accident, Matt took a deep breath. It would be fine. It was just a place, that is in a place, that is part of places and the whole world is just one big place; that meant bad events couldn't happen in just one place as everywhere was a the place. Matt shook his head, his thoughts were muddled and he needed to think clearly, after all, he was about to sew someone up. No, not someone- Ria. He was about to sew Ria up. He looked at her, a warm smile filling up his face. Helping. That was what he was doing, and it made him feel good- productive. Carefully, Matt made his way to the front door. "Ria, we are here. I need to get to my key, so I'm going to put you down for a second. Okay?" Matt's arms gently lowered and guided Ria so she touched the floor safely and steadily, then his hands hot for his key, which was slipped into the keyhole without protest, unusual, but reassuring. The door opened with a click and Matt guided Ria to the sitting room, his hands gesturing like a rehearsed waiter. What was he to do though? Matt, didn't know if he should sew her up now, or let her rest for a bit longer, some people needed to readjust themselves to cope with stitches. Grabbing the medical box, Matt sighed, he knew he was acting like a bit of a dictator, thinking like one too, he would, and should ask Ria what she'd like. As he hauled the box into the sitting room he turned to Ria before he let his fingers auto-pilot their way into the box and around the needles. "So, what would you prefer. Stitching up now, or rest now, and stitch up later. Oh, and I mean a real rest this time, heck" He smiled, his eye glinting "I may even let you rest ten, fifteen minutes this time around."
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Ria curled up against his chest and it wasn't long before she dozed off, her head resting up against his chest. The closer they got to his place the farther asleep she ended up being. When he got to his place she was awoken to the sound of his voice, telling her that they were here. She wanted to complain on the fact before she felt him lowering her down. Her feet hit the ground and she lifted her hurt leg up a little and leaned against him just a little to keep her balance. Once in the house she collapsed on the couch. What would she prefer? Stitched up now. She nodded her head "Yea now. I'll sleep it off after," she whispered before trying to be strong and dealing with the pain

==skipping to after stitch up you can include it in your post==

She curled up again this time against the couch. She fell asleep immediately and was plagued by dreams of water and near drownings.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:26 am

Matt flipped open the lid of the box and pulled out the required utensils, carefully placing them on the table by Ria's leg. Looking into the box he saw a sparay on numbing spray, he went to reach for it, but a nagging thought stopped him. You have to be cruel to be kind. A phrase he had often heard and often regarded as stupidity, yet it always cropped up- perhaps it held some truth? His fingers retracted from the spray yet his eyes lay locked on it. Ria had tried to kill herself, clearly she was dealing with lots of pain, but perhaps pain was needed to bring her some sense? A clear cut shock of logic. Or maybe even just 'toughing her up' might be pf some help. It was a stupid notion, but why had the thoughts hit him? Maybe somewhere in the darker recesses of his mind he secretly harbored a belief in being cruel to be kind- Perhaps he was more like the father he hated more that he thought. As much as the idea repelled Matt from himself, he couldn't ignore his gut. She could cope. She expected to cope. The lid of the box slammed the numbing spray into darkness. It wasn't like it would help that much, nor would the pain be too bad... Taking the needle, he prepared it, finally dipping it in disinfectant and antiseptic before he dug it into her skin. His fingers, humble in their trade, worked in small movement, but with refined accuracy as they turned the process of sttiching up a wound into an art form.

Ria was asleep on the settee almost instantly after he had finished, while he just stood their shivering. He had done it. Acted cruel. To be kind? No, no he couldn't believe that. His disgust at his actions filtered through his body, shriveling up not only his posture, but his very essence. He'd given into that part of himself he had always kept locked away, the dark part that he refused to acknowledge. For that, he would never forgive himself. He had just opened the gateway to another path, the path his father had chosen. Fear and disgust was all that would be waiting for him there. It radiated out of that path and morphed into the loathing of his father, but now? Now it could radiate through his own stupid self, and end in pure self loathing. Ria was twitching and shaking in her sleep, catching Matt's attention. It looked like she was having a nightmare. He wanted to wake her up from it, but that same nagging darkened place of his mind stopped him, and despite his frustration at it, he couldn't help but listen to it. To give in to the less than good part. No. No, he still could give himself a chance. Head held high, Matt confidently made his way to Ria, yet when he was about to wake her, once again he stopped. She did need sleep after all, and their was that nagging thought... His hand reached forward, fingers outstretched until they touched material. It was rough, the blanket, it was so old and he mother had always favored itchy handmade weaves, but at least it was warm. Quietly, he pulled it from the back of the settee and placed it over Ria, delicately touching her forehead before he retreated. The battle within was half won and half lost, he had tried to soothe her, yet he had left her in her nightmares. Which half had won and which half had lost though? Matt couldn't be sure. He was losing himself, but to what? What was his true self?

Groaning, Matt made his way to the computer. He should probably check his e-mails, probably some overdue replies needed writing for his friends back home. Pushing the button, triggered the humming and whirring that signaled life within the circuits and electrics of the computer, while the clicking showed the signs of age. Funny that. How anything that could show signs of life, would also so signs of the gradual deterioration of age and eventual death. The little symbols flashed and loaded before his eyes as he opened up his e-mails. Two-hundredandthree unread messages. A begrudged sigh left Matt's lips as he realised just how long it had been since he had bothered to reply to any e-mails. But at least two thirds of those would be junk and notifications, nothing that would involve any effort on his part. He skimmed through the e-mails placing all the ones he needed to reply to into a separate folder when suddenly he stopped dead. A word faced him upon the screen; a word he never thought he would see again- Dad. Matt gulped, and sat there for a few more moments, staring at the word that infected every bad thought within Matt's mind. What would his father want? Plucking up the courage, he decided to click and investigate, something he would of done eventually; better sooner rather than later after all. The e-mail was short, but it packed a hefty blow for Matt nonetheless: 'I miss you. We need to talk. Please respond with details of your current whereabouts.' Staring at the words Matt began to feel his anger and shock subside to numbness, and instinct took over as Matt clicked delete then closed the computer down. No. It was all Matt could think, and his actions seemed to strengthen the notion, yet still, the numbness surrounded Matt. All he could do was wait for it to pass, if it ever would, there was no point in trying to stop it, he didn't have the emotion to fuel such actions. So with the energy and emotion of a zombie, Matt pulled out a book and sat down and read, letting his mind take in the words that seemed to hold no meaning. He would wait for Ria to wake up, and by then perhaps his mind would come to. Perhaps.

((Corr, Matt can go seriously cray cray once his schedule is messed up. Always interesting to write :3))
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 pm

((and ria can prove the 'you have to be cruel to be kind' thing wrong XDD))

Ria slept for a long time. For how long she didn't really know. Her dreams were plagued. Plagued horribly. She couldn't run, she couldn't breathe. She woke up gasping for air with a few tears streaming down her face. She felt the scratching blanket - thought it was very warm - and shifted a little, pulling her leg closer and then wincing in pain. She could vaguely remember him pulling it over her and resting his hand on her forehead - and then all the pain it had taken while he had sewn the stitches into place. Quietly, she attempted to stand only to fall down as her leg decided it didn't want to hold any of her weight and her body's reaction just a little too late. Grimacing she pushed herself to her feet before limping down the hall and towards the bathroom. Locking the door behind her she slid down the wall and just sat there, shaking her head and letting quite a few more tears fall. The pain - it was the only thing she could feel. But on that bridge. She felt completely numb. Completely numb. Numb from all the pain and the sadness she had been feeling. And it was better than all of that. She preferred being numb to all of this. These things shoving her over the edge. But she didn't know how to get back to that. After a good cry she stood up and splashed her dirty face with water, washing it off in an attempt to see things in a different light only to fail. Even more annoyed she dried off her face before hobbling back over to the couch and curling up again as she sat down, wincing when she had to bend her leg. She didn't know what to say to Matt. She didn't even know what to think other than the fact that she didn't want to be here - that she didn't want to be breathing. Anything was better than this pain, including the numbness.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:22 pm

((Paha, but will Matt listen. *Evil activated* The dark side calls! *Evil voice deactivated*. Right now, Matty boy is one mixed up kiddo with a lot of questions. I'm going to try and keep this one short, since Matt is just so... Not there 0.0 So sorry if I accidentally go on a bit :3 ))

Matt walked back in from the kitchen. The book had done little to change his mood, and he didn't care. It was only a time passer for him. The clocks ticking by each second beckoning him into the dark and dank destiny he was branded with. Ria was on the sofa, curled up but awake, and Matt couldn't feel a stir of emotion. Normally, he felt protective, but at this moment? Nothing. He had his own stuff to sort through and as much as he wanted to help -no that wasn't right- Matt didn't want to help her, he couldn't care less right now, simply because to care was an emotion, something that had swept clear of him. It was but five minutes ago that Matt had accidentally sliced his finger open with a kitchen knife, yet, the pain didn't come. It was there of course, but Matt couldn't feel it. Nothing. Quietly, he sat down opposite Ria. What was he to say? What did he want her to do? Leave or stay? Speak or stay quiet? Matt didn't have a single answer, he just didn't have the sparks to start the fire of thought and reason. Silence and staring, silence and starting. If Matt had been himself, he would of become embarrassed at his rude awkward silent stare, but he wasn't. Would he ever be again? Was that Matt forever lost? He didn't know. Did he care? Who could say right now, nothing was saying what was up and what was down, what was right and what was wrong. Was this what had happened to his father before he... Matt finally opened his mouth, letting words of mass produced phrase and tone leave his expressionless lips as his flat eyes lay locked on Ria. "Feel free to leave when you want. Or if you want food, I made a bunch of tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches along with some plain cheese ones. Water in the tap, or in the fridge if you so require some." Abruptly, he stopped speaking, he had shown enough host etiquette and now he could continue waiting for that spark of emotion. Anything at all to reverse the effects of him.
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Ria just watched him as he seemed to go through the motions of being a host. He didn't care - it really was obvious. And she was just another burden. She could feel her heart being torn again and then the slight pull of numbness and the want to go and find that bridge again. Silently, she got to her feet and headed towards the door. "I think I'll go since it is quite obvious you don't really want me here," she whispered before shaking her head and shutting the door behind her. Tears flooded her eyes as she headed towards the sound of water and the bustling city where her house was. She thought he cared. But, really, when push-came-to-shove he didn't. It almost hurt more than the pain of feeling unloved by her mom. With a grunt she found herself on the beach before lowering herself down, finding a sharp shell and making sure no one was around. Then, she tried to get rid of the pain by leaving a few cuts on her wrists which she washed out with the salt water of the ocean before curling up and crying in a little cove which few people rarely ever went - no one this early especially. She couldn't believe how gullible she was - to believe he cared when he had stopped her... No he just didn't want to blame himself for her death. That was the main reason. There didn't seem to be any other reason she could grasp and soon she had fallen asleep in the cove, her arm stained with trails of red from her wrists being cut and her hair curling around her face in a sunburst fashion as she pulled her coat tighter and tighter over her body. Going home? She didn't know when she would manage that...

((not much to put when he's like... zombie-fied))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:38 pm

(Mr Matt is having a bit of an emotional rise, be warned, swears will ensue with this usual do-gooder))

Ria left, tears in her eyes, but Matt just felt no empathy. Zip. He didn't even feel bad for not feeling bad, nor was he happy. It would of made sense to say he was tranquil like still water, but the scales weren't just not tipped either direction, they weren't there, he was empty space. For the next couple of hours, Matt retained his emotionless and hopeless mood, going through the motions with everything. Food, reading, chores. He occupied the task, but they seemed to neglect occupying him. However, after what felt like an eternity, Matt began to feel again. It was no hopeful light though, just the silt at the bottom of the sea. He knew where he was, but it was the exact opposite of what he wanted. Ria had just tried to kill herself, and he had brushed her off like nothing, his own issues had consumed him and he had let them. He was disgusted that he had acted that way, the disgust however, ebbed away into rage. Rage at his father. How dare he contact him. Matt had made it clear he wanted nothing to do with him, and no way in heel would he retract that statement. That sick fuck. Furthermore, there was absolutely no way Matt would ever let himself become like his so called father, there was no connection there, how could he doubt it? His father and him were two reverse reflections of one another. His father with all his backwards morals and ideals, and Matt with his attitude to put others first. Suddenly, Matt's anger turned back on himself. How had he let his father change him for that brief moment? He had put himself before Ria, before everyone, for these past few hours. That rat bastard had fucked with the best thing about Matt, and Matt barely had put up a fight against it. Spitting, Matt grabbed the picture of his father that had been there during his mothers fall. Ever since he made a presence, stuff began to go wrong, the little fuck-wit had messed it all up again. Anger surged through Matt's fingers as they bore harder and harder into the picture. Crack. The glass of the picture broke, and red rage encapsulated Matt's fathers face. Still, Matt did not stop gripping hard into the picture, his fingers cut open more and more, the glass slowly ripping his skin apart allowing more red rage to pump from his veins into the picture. Snap. The frame broke into three just as Matt's blood had blotted out the entire image. After holding and boring down on the image for a few more seconds, Matt finally swore than flung the blood covered picture and batter frame at the wall. Matt gasped for breathe as his rage began to subside. The smell of blood beginning to waft him back to his senses and he let his eyes drift to the far wall. The pristine white wash had become a red splattered and dented mess. Damn. He would have to fix that up before his mother returned. She couldn't know what had happened. He couldn't let her know. Slowly, Matt made his way to the wall, he bent down to pick up the broken frame, but shots of pain wrecked through his hands. The anesthetic of rage had worn off, and now the pain of his slashed up hands was deciding to bite. Groaning, Matt went to grab the medical kit, but the pounding blood from his still anger infused heart meant it was impossible for him to mend himself. Blood would get everywhere, and there was no way he would hold things effectively, let alone operate them without shaking. But he couldn't go to the hospital, not tonight... Ria. The though flashed into Matt's head with rapid hope, but he was quick to douse it. How could he think of asking for her help after he had acted like such an arse? Matt sighed, it was his best and only shot for help if he refused to go to the hospital, and he couldn't exactly let his hand be. Sighing, Matt pulled out his phone, and began the painful, slow and mistake filled process of sending Ria a text. He would have to veto the punctuation and capitals this time around, hopefully it made some sort of sense. 'im sorry for earlier but i need help badly situation ended with me getting hurt please if you can forgive me get to my house asap' Matt dropped the blood drenched phone to the floor almost immediately after the pain of sending the text had subsided. As all hope and any remaining shard of positivity left Matt, he just made his way to the corner of the blood splattered wall and crumpled up on the floor and cried. He cried more real tears than he ever thought possible.
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Ria awoke to the sound of her phone beeping. She had a text message. Grumbling she looked at her phone. Lies. She actually had multiple text messages. Three from her mother. And one from. From Matt? Why was he texting her? He didn't care. He had totally just proved that. 'im sorry for earlier but i need help badly situation ended with me getting hurt please if you can forgive me get to my house asap' She sighed, dropping her phone down and sat there for a few minutes. Why should she help him? Really? What reason was there to? He didn't care. But she felt a tinge in her heart at the thought of him being hurt. Why did she have to care. Really? Why did she have to care!?! She sighed and shoved her phone in her pocked before limping her way back towards his house.

About thirty minutes later she arrived, a little out of breath and wincing in pain from her leg. She twisted the doorknob and saw blood on the wall and his hands completely covered in it. She gasped, falling backwards against the now shut door. The phone which he had texted her from was soaked in the red substance and on the floor. "M-matt!?" she whispered, forcing herself to stand and seeing the completely shattered picture frame. "What the hell happened her?" she asked, trying to get her grounds on this situation. She could feel her wrists tingling at this much blood and broken glass. "I'm supposed to be the suicidal one. Not you!" she muttered, inching over towards him, careful not to slip on any of the blood, before she resting her hand on his shoulder and saw his tear stained face. "Matt, what's going on?" she whispered, avoiding the pool of blood around him. This was bad. This was beyond bad. She stumbled backwards a little bit, a hand on her head as the scent of blood completely hit her system and caused her to feel a little light headed. She didn't deal with other's blood very well and it was throwing her for a loop. He seemed so... so stable before. What the hell had gone on to break him?
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:26 pm

"Matt, what's going on?" The words hit Matt with a force no train could ever dare to match. What was going on? He wasn't sure he knew himself, he had just lost it. Of course, there was a reason behind it all; That man- his father. But why had it touched him so much that he allowed the anger to swell to become the putrid ugly infection that was his current situation? He couldn't say. Recently, it had felt like all emotions had taken it upon their selves to become dominant one, and the battle for supremacy had raged within him. It still was. Anger had won that last battle, but the war continues. Tugging at his hair, looking down at the ground with shame Matt let out a barely there whisper "You asked me at the hospital about the picture. The picture is of my Dad. " Matt let his hair go and looked at his hands, all blood covered and hot "Some how he managed to infect all that is good in me, and... And, well, I got angry... He is everything I don't want to be." Matt paused, briefly daring a glance at Ria, but quickly averted his eyes back down to his fingers his eyebrow furrowing. "That wasn't always the case though... I used to admire him. Want to be him. Then it all changed for me one night... I, I hate him, Ria, I really do. Where I used to long to be him, I now fear I am him.... I got an e-mail earlier today -when you were asleep actually- it sort of hit me hard and well..." Matt trailed off as guilt washed over him once again. Ria had said it herself, she had tried to commit suicide earlier. As if she needed this negativity. No, it was selfish to impose his load on her. That had never been the intention of asking her here, he needed help with his hands. Shaking his head, Matt looked up at finally caught Ria's beautiful eyes. "Still, that is neither here nor there. I'm stable now" A pause so short it could be mistaken as a pause for breathe followed this lie. Sure, he was 'stable' about as stable as the bridge they had stood upon earlier today. "That is all you need to know about that. The thing is, my hands" Raising his cut up, blood infused hands Matt sighed "I would sort them out myself, but I just can't... I need your help." His gaze was pleading as he paused for a moment. "I can walk you through the process step by step. All I need is for you to turn the cold tap on for me, so I can wash off the worst of the blood, to dab a bit of antiseptic on it and to help bandage them up. If they need stitches, I can try it later when I'm-" Matt cut himself off. He had said he was stable to her, so why mention how the anger still left him shaky, that was stupid. She needed to think the only problem he had right now was medical, he'd already put her through so much. Exact opposite of what she needed. Smiling, Matt spoke one last plea of help. "So, will you help me out here, Ria?"
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Ria grumbled something under her breath before forcing herself to stand again. "Now. I highly doubt you are stable," she muttered before heading to the kitchen and turning on the tap water. She sighed, grasping his arm where there wasn't any blood before gently dragging him towards the running water. The way she held his arm was making the fresh cuts on her wrists obvious. But she didn't really care. It was stupid and there was too much going on. She just wanted to go to sleep - her leg was really bothering her. Leaving him at the kitchen she found that first-aid kit before opening it and starting to look through it. She froze when she found the numbing spray and she felt herself begin to boil. Yanking it out from the box she slammed it shut before stalking back over to him. Or stalking as much as she could with such a hurt leg. "What the hell is this and why on EARTH did you not use this when stitching up my leg?!" she nearly screeched before tossing it at his head and turning around on her heel allowing quite a few tears to fall. There was way too much pain coursing through her system she couldn't even understand or want to comprehend what had happened. No. He didn't care. It was that obvious. He just needed her because he was too lazy to go to the hospital. That bridge. It was looking better and better the more she thought about it. Yes. The rapids still had to be flowing dangerously. It wasn't that long of a trek. She could just go back to it. Searching through the kit she found the pain meds and popped three in her mouth, swallowing them dry - two more than her weight was meant for - and then grasped the bandages before tossing them at him also. "Have fun. No. Seriously. Have a great life." she nearly hissed, a few tears sliding down her face before she left the house and went back in the direction of the bridge. He didn't care. He just didn't want her blood on his hands. It was that simple. Her mom had texted her, yes, but that didn't mean anything. Two of the three were about bringing back food when she came home. And the other was about making sure that she didn't hurt herself. That was a lot of worry. Tons of worry. She kept walking - trying to block out the pain. Everything was slowly going hazy. And as she reached the edge of the bridge she passed out, one of her legs and arms sprawling over the side and dangling down. She could subconsciously hear some creaking of the wood. But she was too out of it to move. Not like it mattered. She enjoyed being numb over feeling all of this hurt...
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:52 am

Matt looked at Ria exit in total surprise. What had she found? And where had those cuts come from? Reaching across the floor, he went to pick up the item that had whirled at his head just moments ago. Crap. The numbing spray, how stupid he had been not to use it earlier and now here he was, paying the consequences... Well, paying more consequences. Watery blood stained the spray just the way his mind had become stained by recent events. Sighing, Matt looked at the bandages, that certainly would be an interesting experience to try and get those on through all the pain. Still, first he needed to use antiseptic or the cuts were liable to infect. Wincing, Matt opened the medical box and dug around for some form of antiseptic that would be easy to use and open, perhaps antiseptic wipes... No. Matt suddenly spotted the open seal of some rather strong pain meds and once again worry took over him, engulfing his very being. She wouldn't be trying it again, would she? His memory flashed to the cuts on her arms and he knew he couldn't have a moments doubt. Dropping everything, Matt went to sprint out the house after Ria, but the pain that surged through his hands as he slammed against the door stopped him. Better to be prepared, he didn't know what would happen. Slipping back into the house Matt grabbed a bunch of supplies and his blood covered phone. He didn't have time to fix himself up, that medicine could be lethal if the improper dose was consumed. Clenching through the pain, Matt dialed for an ambulance. But where would he send them to? "Please, help!" The words left Matt's mouth fulfilling the duty of his thoughts "I think someone is trying to kill themselves, or if not, is in serious danger of death. The old bridge, I think, she may be there!" After shouting down some bad directions, Matt hung up not waiting for a response or wanting them to try and keep him calm. He had to get to her, and so he would. For a second time around, Matt took off after Ria, but this time when the pain shot through his hands he gritted his teeth and carried on. By the time he got to the bridge the ambulance had arrived and were attempting to revive here. Ria's limp form confirmed his fears, that she had taken those pills, and in a larger dose than she could cope. For now, all he could hope for was that she would be all right and that his reckless, selfish actions had not ended her. Matt wasn't sure he could cope, through his actions two people had ended up in hospital as of late. He needed to sort him self out.
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Ria was out of it. She could hear a lot but it wasn't make sense. She could feel hands on her, dragging her away from the edge and then voices. What was her name? What was going on? What had she taken? Could she speak? Squeeze their hands if she could hear them. Her hand squeezed theirs but only on gut reaction. And then the pain meds took full effect and she could have sworn she saw that light. That bright beaming light and then her life flashing before her eyes. A pumping on her chest. A mouth against hers. And she was awake again. Everything was still hazy. She no longer knew where she was. But she could slowly feel the pain ebbing deeper and deeper away. In fact. She could remember why her leg was screaming out. She coughed, and her eyes opened up ever so quietly. What's her name? Her name? She couldn't even remember that. "Wh-a-what?" she choked before looking around and seeing all the paramedics. "Who are you? What's going on here?" her name, they asked insistently again. "I-I do-don't know!" she whispered, tears sliding into her eyes. It felt like deja vu. Like she had been through all of this before. The two men shook their heads before saying, "hunn. we are the paramedics. I'm Ricky and this is John. We are going to take you to the hospital, okay. We won't hurt you. We just have to get you checked out." Then, they carefully picked her up before putting her on a stretcher, Ricky heading over towards Matt. "I'm assuming you know her? And that you were the one that called this in? What's her name? She can't remember anything." After getting a few answers he dragged Matt into the ambulance. "Did she overdose, if so on what?" and the questions about her health went on while Ria curled up on the cot, tears streaming down her face as she squeezed her eyes shut. She didn't want to see any of this. She didn't want to deal with any of this.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:22 am

((A really quick one for you. Aren't you proud, Dottie is refraining from writing gallons!))

He answered all the questions they gave him, handing over the pills she had taking. He had no idea how many she had overdosed on, but it was clear she had. He felt so stupid for not thinking about the temptation of strong meds for a suicidal person. "Excuse me, I need to check on her." He pushed gently by the paramedic to Ria, his expression an odd concoction of worry and encouraging smile. "Hey there, Ria." He took hold of her hand and gave it a light squeeze. "I heard you lost more of your memory again, but if you have any questions, just ask me. I won't know the answer to them all" He chuckled "Probably very few considering we only recently met. That and, despite all my efforts, I've yet to discover the true meaning of life." He have her hand another squeeze then let go, neatly resting his hands on his lap. Matt suddenly frowned as he looked at Ria's hands; the blood on his hands was still seeping, and it had marked up Ria's skin. "I'm sorry about that." Matt dug around in his pocket for a tissue, and wiped up Ria's hands. He'd almost completely forgotten about his hands, after repressing the pain, Matt had become used to it. Not now though, it stung as he moved, but still, he'd have to cope. Help Ria. "So then, what do you remember? Do you know who I am?" Matt frowned as he realised that she might be totally confused as to who this person was grabbing at her hands and cleaning away the blood. Darn, the blood was probably pretty scary for the poor girl, she had no idea what it was from. What she did know, was that he, a citizen, was here at the place where an ambulance had to revive her, probably made her quite suspicious of him. He couldn't say though.
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Ria froze as the guy appeared at her side. She was already in the ambulance. But what was he doing? He wasnt in a paramedic suit. She knew that for sure as he took her hand and squeezed it, blood covering her skin and causing her to yank her hand away violently. He went on. About how ue knew her, just not that well. About he would answer what he could. She was trembling. Trembling badly as she curled up. "Who the hell are you?! Why are you calling me Ria?! Whats going on?!" she nearly shrieked as she felt the ambulance lurch forwards, unsteady in the offroad terrain, and then a hand on her shoulder telling her to calm down as the world fell to black again and she stopped responding to any touch or sounds.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:24 pm

"She's unresponsive!" Matt's cry was barely audible above the noise of the sirens, but luckily one of the paramedics heard him and was by his side in a flash. The medics fingers reached for her wrist first to check her pulse, then shot to her eyelids, pulling them back to allow the glaring light of a flashlight to interrogate a pupils. Her pupils constricted, and Matt assumed her pulse was fine, but still he worried as the paramedic carried on testing what responses were working and just how much life was churning through her. Matt couldn't help but feel guilty. Why had he pushed and spoke so thoughtlessly. For christ sake, had he learned nothing about amnesia patients over the past years. How stupid he felt.
"Hey." Matt jumped as the hand rested on his arm. "She'll be okay. I think it was just the shock. Well, that and the overdose, but that was something we were going to treat her for anyway. Just let her be, we'll get to the hospital and we will get it sorted there, we shouldn't try and revive her, as she is more like, in a state of sleep." A particularly large bump, shut the paramedic up for a moment, but just a moment. "It is a lot to deal with after all, you know, forgetting then having to remember, the O.D. just makes it worse. I have seen this-"
"Sure, sure." Matt cut him off, he had to. Right now all he cared about was Ria's well being. This medics ramblings certainly didn't help, silence on the other hand did. He had lots of thoughts to sift and sort through. "Thanks for checking and all. It's just, well, right now I want some silence." Thankfully, the paramedic complied, and Matt spent the rest of the trip reeling over thoughts he had thunk many times before in the past few days.

At the end of the ambulance trip, nothing new had entered Matt's head and nothing was resolved. Yet, Matt was much calmer than he would of expected, the battered emotions seemed to be wearing down at last. He was getting a breather- Good timing too. Ria, on the other hand, had also not become 'resolved' and she still lay passed out, oblivious to what was going on around her. The light bit through the vehicle as the doors swung open. After the light had flooded in, a handful of medics poured in taking Ria away, shouting all sorts of instructions to one another. Words, words. Hands, hands. Nothing, nothing. It was all a meaningless blur to Matt, all he cared about was Ria's well-being and there she was doing, well, nothing. He bit his lip, drawing blood. Great. His hands had only stopped bleeding five or ten minutes ago. Stil, Ria was in a worse state, who cared if he was pouring red- she was draining white. "Sorry sir, but you will have to vacate this area and you can't go with her. Please go to the the East-Langford waiting room. You'll be updated on her shortly" Matt didn't see who the voice came from, his eyes were locked on Ria as she disappeared though the doors, and by the time she had gone from site, the previous busy hive of bodies was now an empty nest. The East-Langford waiting room it was. He would wait for as long as it took for Ria to recover. He had to make sure she was okay, and he had to be there for her when she had questions that needed answering. He just had to.
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Ria awoke after hours of rigerous testing and pricking and prodding. She woke up to white walls and scratchy sheets. She woke up to the sound of beeping machines and she managed to say "Why the heck am I in a hospital?" and groan as she sat up, putting a hand to her head before looking around. What she remembered was hazy. But she sure as hell remembered a few things. Like the overdose. Like running to the bridge. Like trying to kill herself. Like the pain that was continually coursing through her veins. She could feel it right now. Especially when the pain meds she had taken were gone. Her leg was completely taken care of. And her wrists were wrapped and stitched. She bit her lip, closed her eyes and plopped back on the bed. She wouldn't be leaving this room any time soon. What she couldn't remember was if Matt had come. If anyone had come. She couldn't remember how she really got here. And she couldn't remember the reason why she had done what she didn't. She couldn't remember anything except massive back pains... and this one guy. This one Matt. She wanted to know what was going on. She wanted to know why she couldn't remember anything. She wanted to know why a storm and a drowning was all she saw when she closed her eyes. She wanted to know what these hazy memories were. As she squeezed her eyes shut she felt a few salty tears slide down her cheek and against her lips. She licked it away before wiping the rest of it with her hospital gown sleeve and waiting to see if anyone would appear. If anyone would let her see Matt. If anyone could explain anything to her...

((/enter matt))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Deep Oak Trails Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:26 pm

The beeps, clicks and coughs were a constant reminder to Matt; he was in a hospital again. He had sat there for five or ten minutes before a young trainee nurse had passed him by and spotted his hand. "Lisa" her name tag had said and her smiling voice had affirmed, she must only be be a couple of years older than Matt, her beautiful youthful appearance sure did suggest that to him, as did her soft skin; so unmarked by life's troubles, the rough patches had yet to develop, they would soon though. Anyone who worked in this place for long enough was bound to bear the brand of life, and the smile in her green eyes as she mended Matt's hands had certainly suggested she intended to stay in this line of work. All Matt could hope was that this place would change no more than her skin, and that she would remain the happy careful person she was. It was so rare an attribute. Sighing, Matt rubbed his left hand between his thumb and forefinger, Lisa had left him back here a while ago, he didn't know how long ago, but it was too long. Ria was still unwell, and nobody had cared to update Matt on her progress. Twice, Matt had made a scene in an attempt to find out what was the matter with her, and twice he had being beaten back with threats to hush up and wait patiently with everyone else. So he had- Twice. In the corner of his eye Matt caught sight of the curvy, floating frame of Lisa, who appeared to be making her way over to him. "Lisa?"
"Hey, Matt. I just got news of Ria" Matt jumped up out of his seat and transported to Lisa's side.
"How is she? God, please say she is okay! Can I see her"
"She is fine. " A sigh of relief slipped past his lips. "But she is quite dazed and confused, but she should be okay in a day or so." Matt brought to his hands to his face, rubbing his tired skin as a smile spread the emotions for all to see. Lisa cocked her head and smiled sweetly back. "You must be really close. I'm sorry I never asked, is she your girlfriend, sister or..."
"Friend. And you have no idea how happy I am to hear she is fine.
"Oh, I can guess." Lisa beamed back. "Here, come on lets go bring you to her" Taking Matt by the hand, Lisa gently tugged him along after her. Matt followed happily, he had spent the last however long it had being, awake and worried. In fact, he was pretty sure it was the next day, but he couldn't be certain, looking out the window had not exactly been his number one priority.

They arrived at yet another white wash door, but this time they stopped by it. Lisa turned to Matt, flicking stray blonde waves from her face. "Here we are. Remember to take it easy with her, okay?" Matt nodded "Now, you shouldn't really be here, but I know for a fact the doctors won't be back for another couple of hours or so, and I'm the attending nurse." She paused for a moment and looked to the door, then back to Matt before continuing. "The full diagnosis of Ria is yet to be released, but I will find out about it as soon as it is. My shift ends in an hour, perhaps we could meet at the cafeteria then and I'll update you... Assuming, you don't mind leaving her side for a moment... Look, I gotta run. Bye!" Suddenly, Lisa threw her arms around Matt, encasing him in a big hug that seemed to last longer than he deemed normal. Then without another word she glided away, leaving Matt somewhat shellshocked outside Ria's room, staring after her. A moment or two after Lisa had turned the corner, Matt turned back to Ria's door, taking a deep breathe he pushed it open to find Ria asleep on the bed.
"Hey there you." Matt made his way to her side, a meek, tender smile spread over his face. "So, I hear you're in hospital." He pulled a chair up to the side of the bed, being careful not to drag the legs against the floor; it wouldn't of surprised him to find out that Ria had a raging headache right now. "Well, can I just say that you make the most impressive sick person I have ever seen. The hospital light really suits you." Matt cracked a grin at Ria. "Though don't make a habit of retaining your crown. You look better out of this place." Slowly, Matt observed the surroundings, they kept in keeping with the bog standard sterilised white wash of the hospital, and the beeping machines just added that sickly musical element. Funny that, how hospitals were a place for healing yet the surroundings just made you feel more sick. He turned back to Ria. "Now, I understand you may be a bit confused, maybe even suffering from temporary amnesia, but don't worry it will pass, and I'm here to help out all that I can. My name is Matt and you are Ria, we are recent friends. You just had an-" Matt gulped. "An accident, but it will all be okay. I'm here for you and so is the staff of the hospital. " Matt leaned forward in his chair before he continued "Now, before you ask me any questions, I have one for you. Do you need a hug?"

((Thought I'd throw in yet another curve ball for 'em. Razz))
Deep Oak Trails
Deep Oak Trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Ria looked up as she heard a door open and a voice she partially recognized slide into the room. Slowly, she rolled over so that way she was facing him before seeing that he had pulled a chair up and was sitting right there. The most impressive sick person? She wasn't sure she wanted that. She didn't even want to be in here, let alone like she was. She paused as he said a few more things, to explain the basic of what had happened. And then he told her that everyone was here for her and asked if she wanted a hug. She bit her lip once before forcing herself into a sitting position. Nodding her head ever so slightly she managed to say, "Yea." as she felt the on set of tears coming back. She couldn't understand why she was remembering some of these things. It was slowly flooding her brain and it was breaking her down again. "Was the accident an overdose, a storm, and near drowning," she whispered. "Like being suicidal. And having a lot of back pains. And a mom who doesn't care?" she added in. "I can remember a little. It just... none of it makes any sense..." she whispered, collapsing back against the bed as a few more tears slid from her eyes and then she pulled her legs up to her chest and held herself tightly so tired and lost. Really, in all honesty, she just wanted to be held and sleep. To know that there would still be someone there when she woke up in the morning. But she didn't want to voice that. She didn't know where she stood with anything. She just... knew that she knew him, and that she trusted him. And that her mom didn't care. That was all the knew...
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next