Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahoy there - Polo and Batty :3

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ahoy there - Polo and Batty :3 Empty Ahoy there - Polo and Batty :3

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:52 am

Desire Chastity Johanson
Desire
Female
Description
I'm the average height for a girl my age. I stand at about 5'5, but I seem taller because of the atmosphere I have. I was a slave from Egypt, until I escaped from a transport ship. I now live on the coast of Ethiopia, barely getting by and waiting for something to happen. It shows in my lack of body fat. My dark hair used to shine brilliantly and curl loosely, but now it's dull and limp. I always wear the same baggy pants that cut off at my knees, and the same worn blouse I've had for months. I've nearly scraped up enough money from my... er... job to get better clothing.
One feature that doesn't match my appearance those, is my eyes. They're dark blue - I don't know how or why, probably because I have mixed blood - but they glow with life. I'm always looking everywhere, fidgeting nervously. It's hard for me to sit still. I'm always afraid that my old master will find me, even if I am some distance away with countries between us. I've seen a map of Africa once, that's how I know.
Anyway, I'm just a poor girl looking for a change of pace.
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Ahoy there - Polo and Batty :3 Empty Re: Ahoy there - Polo and Batty :3

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Character:

Name: Lexus Karson Knox (Lex)

Appearance:
Lexus has white hair. Not old and wispy-white, but rather a platinum-pale silver with a healthy gleam. It is strange, but somehow it suits Lex’s pale complexion. He has dark grey eyes, flecked subtly with patterns of liquid silver.
He is toned from working on ships, and in his tattered white vest and frayed jeans hacked halfway, Lex makes quite a picture.
He’s a little under average height at 5’9, but it suits him well, since he has a friendly, accessible face unsuited to intimidating height.
Lex has a charming smile, and a certain aura about him that draws people to him, and encourages them to trust him.

Other:
Lex is a spy and a double agent. He crews ships to learn of their secrets, then vanishes in the middle of the night with as much loot as he can load into his pockets. He is suited to his job, since he is a compulsive liar and a kleptomaniac by nature.
Still, despite his downfalls, Lex is a genuinely decent guy to the few people he opens up to; and when he’s on your side, he is honest as they come.
Problem is, nobody ever seems to know just whose side Lex is on…

((Chastity. I like that. Kinda ironic. Razz ))
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:42 pm

((Actually, screw it, I'll start. Razz But please forgive a little powerplay. Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:45 pm

[[Yes'm. But just remember, my little Desire Chastity is a prostitute xD]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:55 pm

((I know. Razz Feel free to make up your own back-story for this - I left it pretty much open for you. XD ))

Lex glanced up as he heard loud thumps and shouts on deck. He had been in the storage hold for days now with his hands and feet bound. It was rather degrading, but he didn’t care all that much. This time, he had been caught in the midst of his mutiny, and tossed into the hold by the rest of the crew. They said that the captain was planning to kill him, but Lex was still waiting to see that threat put into action. It wasn’t like he was going to starve when he was a prisoner in the midst of all the crew’s supplies…

He stared up at the creaking wooden boards above him, and wondered what all the commotion was about. There had been talk of making port along the Africa coast soon; maybe collecting some new slaves.
He supposed that was probably it…
Just as he reached this conclusion, the hatch was thrown open, and Lex squinted and blinked into the sudden bright shaft of light that fell on him.
“Get down there!” A beefy voice grunted, and a burly man whom Lex recognized as Buck, the ‘gorilla’ of the crew, threw a squirming figure down into the hold.
He couldn’t see much in his sudden sun-blindness, but Lex thought that it was a woman, probably around his own age.
Before he could say anything, the hatch was slammed closed again, and Lex was left staring at the dim silhouette of the woman’s figure while his eyes adjusted to the gloom again.
“Welcome to Utopia.” He greeted the girl when he could finally see her; teeth glinting as he flashed a friendly grin, “It’s pretty much a five star cruise down here, if you’re a rat.” He shrugged, and shuffled his wrists about in their rope bindings.
“Are you a slave or something? Speak any English?”

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Desire approached the man with a seductive smile, letting him know what her business was. He was a brute - tall, shaggy, and by the looks of the gold hoop earrings, wealthy. Just the kind of customer she was looking for. Of course she hated her job, but it was better than getting married. At least here she could control what she did. Kind of.
She sighed and grinned as the burly man looked her up and down, a savage gleam in his eyes.
"I'm thinking there's something I can help you with, sir." She said teasingly, stepping into his personal space. He chuckled and reached a hand behind her to grab her bum. She supressed a yelp and let her smile grow to cover her irritation.
"I think so as well." He said, leaning in closer to her face. It took every part of her not to wrinkle her nose and walk away. His breath stunk even worse than most people's did. It would be a miracle if she survived the night with him. "But I don't believe we're thinking about the same thing."
Desire frowned and arched an eyebrow. "Enlighten me."
The man gestured for her to walk with him along the port. The wooden planks creaked beneath their feet. Sailors rushed by in crisp white uniforms, calling out to each other in husky voices. It smelled like fish.
"We - the crew of my ship and I - are in dire need of the company of a woman. You seem decent enough." He snickered.
Desire snorted. "I'm not into this, thank you." And turned to walk away. The man grabbed her wrist and kept her beside him though.
"Oh, but you are. All I need you to do is what you normally do." He said with a grin. He had a lot of teeth missing. She hesitated at that - she didn't want to do this - but the amount of money he offered was substantial. It was what she earned in a good two or three weeks on the streets.
She bit her lip for a moment as she pondered the situation.
"No." She finally answered and began to walk away.
"Wrong answer, sweetheart." The man sneered and tossed her over his shoulder she screamed, but a fist came up against her temple, and she saw stars.

"I will end you all!" Desire hollered as the last laughing man spit on her and pushed her into the bottom of the ship. She spat in the direction of the door as it slammed shut and waited for her eyes to adjust to the darkness. It smelled moldy and damp.
“Welcome to Utopia.” A voice called from in front of her. She jumped and instinctively turned towards the sound. She didn't bother covering her naked body; too many people had seen it, so why did it matter? “It’s pretty much a five star cruise down here, if you’re a rat.” She snorted at the last part. They guy had a sense of humor at least. She could see a hunched figure sitting among a bundle of ropes. Cautiously, she approached him.
“Are you a slave or something? Speak any English?”
"Yes, I speak English." Desire huffed irritably. "Just because I'm not white doesn't mean I don't." When she saw he was bound, she had no trouble walking over to observe him. The man was tied at the wrists and ankles. Maybe he was a slave too, but he was white. Maybe a prisoner.
"And no, I am not a slave. I am a prostitute. I suppose they left me down here so you could get your fill." She snorted and leaned in close. "If you try to make a move, I'll slit your throat. They gave me a knife for it, too."
Yes, they'd told her to kill him. They'd let her go if she did. Nothing more humiliating than to be killed by a girl.

[[So there it is xD Pleased to introduce, Desire Chastity.]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:43 pm

((I love RPing with you. I really do. XD ))

Lex glanced up as the girl approached, somewhat surprised to see her standing; possibly because he still couldn't, with his feet bound as they were.
"Yes, I speak English." she huffed irritably. "Just because I'm not white doesn't mean I don't."
"My bad." Lex shrugged, "Just figured, since we're in Africa, you guys would speak... Well, African." He grinned again, surprisingly cavalier for a prisoner, and watched her curiously as she stepped closer.
Ah, she was naked.
Well, that was interesting.
Being the polite sort he was, Lex took little notice of the woman's body, but focused rather on her face as she towered over him, and spoke again, "And no, I am not a slave. I am a prostitute. I suppose they left me down here so you could get your fill. If you try to make a move, I'll slit your throat. They gave me a knife for it, too."
Lex blinked in mild surprise for a moment as he digested this information, then offered a simple nod. That made sense.
"Oh, I get it. That'll be why you're naked too, I guess? I kinda figured you'd had a bad game of poker or something - but I guess the whole prostitute thing makes more sense." He smiled, and added conversationally, "And don't you worry, Africa. I won't be making any moves. I'm a little tied up right now anyway." He raised his bound hands to demonstrate, then pointed them in the direction of the corner.
"There's some old clothes over there, if you feel like changing outta your work uniform, 'though I have to say, it does suit you."
Lex offered a teasing grin, surprisingly cheerful and confident for somebody who was supposed to be fearing for his life.
Either he didn't care, or he just didn't believe she'd kill him. It was hard to tell which.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Desire rolled her eyes. "I'm not even from here." She gave no indication of where she was from, though. She noticed that the man didn't run his eyes over her body - or at least tried not to - and she appreciated that. Hey, if you weren't going to buy anything, you may as well leave the merchandise alone. And he was respecting her, which was more than everyone else above deck did.
"I don't play poker." She muttered as she scampered to the corner he'd indicated where an extra pile of clothes were. She felt around in the dark for a moment, jumping when her hand brushed the scaly tail of a rat. It squeaked at her but ran away. Sighing, she grabbed what felt like a shirt and a pair of pants and moved back to the center of the room. The only light came from the slits between the boards above. Because they only seperated two rooms and not the boat from the ocean, they were spaced farther apart. She was grateful for that.
She quickly pulled on a pair of baggy pants that were too big and a shirt that was too small. It cut off at the middle of her belly button, and the pants covered her feet. She could pull the waist out a good couple of inches. But again, it was better than what the man described as her "work uniform".
"Glad you like it." She muttered, walking back towards him and sitting down. She slid the knife from its case and smiled at the rasping noise it made.
"You know, it probably wasn't smart for them to arm me." She grinned. "I'm not going to kill you, so what's the point of it?"

[[Really? Very Happy I love rping with you more!!!]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 pm

((No. XD ))

Lex found himself able to look at the girl more easily once she was dressed. After all, polite or not, he was still a man, and men would be men.
He offered an easy smile when she sat down beside him; actually pleased to have company at last. It got lonely rolling around with the rats below deck when the people he had pretended to befriend were laughing and talking up above.
"You know, it probably wasn't smart for them to arm me." the woman said after a moment, and Lex glanced toward her with an appreciative smirk.
He could believe that. She seemed like a tough one, all right.
"I'm not going to kill you, so what's the point of it?"
"Ah, so that's what they were planning?" He asked conversationally, "I was starting to wonder. I'm kinda shocked they followed through at all, even if they did a piss-poor job of it." Lex grinned, and offered the girl his bound hands.
"Since you're not gonna kill me, wanna help a guy out?"
"Name's Lex, by the way." He added, once again flashing that charming smile of his, "Lexus Knox. Pleased to meet you."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:23 pm

The man smelled bad. He needed a decent wash, maybe in the ocean. If she somehow got him out of there and threw him in, would he be able to swim...?
Desire smiled slowly in amusement. No, she wouldn't do that. After all, he was tied up. By the look of the worn skin on his wrists, it seemed as though he'd been tied up for quite some time too. Yawning, she leaned back against a pole and surveyed the area. There wasn't much, just some crates of food and fresh water and some ropes.And dust and rats and mold and a bunch of other things she'd rather live without.
Desire chuckled when the guy offered her his ropes to cut. Slowly, she reached the knife forward and let the blade rest against his forearm. She met his eyes with a dangerous grin.
"I don't even know you... Lex. How do I know you're not down here because you kiled a bunch of people. How do I know anything about you?" She dragged the steel against his skin, but not heavily enough to pierce it. She leaned in, almost close enough to kiss him. Then she tossed the knife aside and moved away, laughing.
"Nice try, Lexus Knox."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:39 pm

"I don't even know you... Lex. How do I know you're not down here because you kiled a bunch of people. How do I know anything about you?"
Lex raised his eyebrows in surprise at the girl's sudden change in demeanor, and felt his arm tense slightly as the blade ran over it. She leaned close to him, and Lexus raised his head to meet her gaze with dignity.
"Nice try, Lexus Knox."
He snorted in amusement at this, tickled by her wise suspicions, and grinned subtly to himself.
"You're smart." He commented, "I'm surprised you wound up down here."
He shifted himself around, grabbed the knife in his toes, then grasped it clumsily between his hands, and cut away the rope binding his feet.
Then, with some difficulty, he managed to cut his hands free, too - although he did nick his left forearm slightly.
Sucking at the wound with a sulky expression, Lex wrung out his hands and feet, then stood up and stretched dramatically.
"God, that feels good!" He muttered, leaning back until his back cricked.
He raised a hand to ruffle his dirty white hair, unsticking it from his sweaty forehead, and pulled a face. Probably the worst part of being locked down there was how dirty he felt... Lex hated it. He had always been a particularly clean individual, and the smell of his own stale sweat simply did not suit him.
"What's your name?" Lex asked absentmindedly, beginning to stalk around the hold, and wrench the lids off barrels as though in search of something, "Chances are we'll be working together pretty soon, so we might as well get along for now.
At last he found what he was looking for.
The crew were morons; storing their weaponry where they held prisoners...
He grinned, pulled a couple of pistols out of the barrel, and tossed one to the woman.
"In case you want to get out of here." He explained, slipping his own pistol into his belt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Desire shrugged. "I'm just a girl. And that guy was like a bull." She shrugged as a traumatizing childhood memory surfaced. She'd been playing in a paddock one day, and unknowingly crossed into a large bull's territory. It hadn't been too pleased, and had nearly trampled her. It was a very good thing she knew knew how to climb trees. She'd stayed up in one all night until she was sure it had fallen asleep. Then she ran all the way to the small shack of a home that was hers.
She sighed and watched as he untied himself. She wasn't going to stop him, especially when he had the knife. And besides, there was a part of her that trusted him. He didn't try to do anything yet, which was a good thing.
When he dropped the blade to stretch, she ducked down and grabbed it swiftly, sliding it into its case where she could keep an eye on it. She watched with faint amusement as he cracked various joints and sounds of pleasure escaped his lips. All in all, the sight was pretty entertaining.
"The name's Desire. I don't really have a last name. Technically it's my old master's, but I really don't use it. Doesn't really fit me, you know?" She sighed and followed him around, looking into the barrels that he passed. She reached into one and pulled out a handful of grain, shoving it hungrily into her mouth. She hadn't eaten in a while.
Desire chose not to reply to the last part. She knew that she'd have to team up with one side eventually - either Lex or the crew - but decided she'd wait until she knew their strengths a little better. It wouldn't do to team up with the rebel and then get punished later... Shuddering, she simply nodded.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:33 pm

When the girl, Desire, finally introduced herself, Lex glanced toward her, smiling.
"The name's Desire. I don't really have a last name. Technically it's my old master's, but I really don't use it. Doesn't really fit me, you know?"
"So you were a slave?" He asked, curiously. "Not that it's any of my business, but..." He paused, turning to her with a thoughtful expression, and considering her carefully, "You prefer prostitution to slavery?" After a moment's consideration, he added, "I think I would, too. At least you're in control of your own life, huh?" He nodded slowly, then turned away again, and reached into the nearest barrel. He pulled out a couple of apples, and tossed one to Desire, who seemed pretty hungry. The other he bit into himself. He had hardly been eating like a king with his hands bound, after all...
The apple was dry and tasteless, but Lex was grateful all the same, and scoffed it down right to the core.
"I wonder when we should bust out..." He mused to himself, staring through a small crack in the ceiling to the deck above.
Lex glanced toward Desire and, pleasant chap that he was, decided to let her make the choice.
"D'you want to stay here," He asked helpfully, "Or take a little voyage, and see where the ocean takes you? Maybe move on to bigger and better things?" He smiled, and added, "That's what I'm doing. See the world, new start and all that. They caught me stowing away; that's why they tied me up down here." He chuckled at the thought, and finished his casual lie with an easy smile.
Half of what Lex said seemed to be either lies or half-truths, but they were seldom malicious. It was just a habit, really... Then again, he was so bloody good at it that he never seemed anything but honest... Until he slipped up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:49 pm

"I do prefer it." Desire said bluntly. She listened to Lex's explanation quietly. He was good; he could infer things. Then she snorted. "You would be a horrible prostitute. You're not good looking enough." She rolled her eyes and caught the apple easily. It had been a while since she'd had any sort of fruit.
"I want to go somewhere far away. Maybe Europe, or Asia, or even America, although it's a long trip across the ocean." She sighed and walked over the stairs she'd been thrown down. Gently, she tried twisting the knob, but it was locked just as she had expected.
"They were going to kill you for stowing away? I may not know much about ships, but that doesn't seem the usual punishment..." Desire trailed off suspiciously, glancing at him with narrowed eyes. She was bluffing of course - she really did know nothing about ships - but she was good at it. Maybe he would be lying after all and confess because it looked like she knew what she was talking about.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:10 pm

"You would be a horrible prostitute. You're not good looking enough." Desire informed him bluntly, and Lex uttered a surprised bark of laughter.
"Hey!" He objected, pretending to sound insulted, but unable to contain his amusement, "I know I look like something that's been dragged through the rear end of a horse right now, but that's not my fault. I've been locked down here for weeks. Besides, I actually clean up pretty nice." He flashed a charming wink as though to prove his point, then snickered to himself, shaking his head in amusement.
He liked Desire. She had spunk.
"I want to go somewhere far away. Maybe Europe, or Asia, or even America, although it's a long trip across the ocean." He looked up to see her poised with her hand grasping the handle on the underside of the hatch.
When it wouldn't open, she turned her attention back to him.
"They were going to kill you for stowing away? I may not know much about ships, but that doesn't seem the usual punishment..."
"It's a pirate ship." Lex retorted, shrugging casually. "They'd kill you for scrubbing the deck the wrong way. Hell, they'd kill you just to make a point. I'm shocked I'm still alive."
He smiled at Desire - he was always smiling - then he sat himself down in the corner of the hold on a pile of blankets, and leaned peacefully against the wall behind him as, with a deep woody groan, she ship began to sway more violently.
"We've set sail." He commented mildly, closing his eyes, and leaning his head back against the damp wood.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:12 pm

[[And this concludes a successful day of rping. Unfortunately, I have real world problems that require my attention. Until the morn, my fair Polo!]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:30 pm

((Yeah. I had some serious sleeping to get done anyway. Razz I'll be waiting for your reply. Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 am

Desire frowned. This didn't really seem like a pirate ship, per se. But the again, she'd never seen one before. She'd never even seen one before she'd stolen away on that cargo ship to Morocco. That was fun. She'd gotten so seasick that she was almost discovered - twice!
The boat began to rock and sway. Gulls screeched obnoxiously from overhead. Sea salt clouded out her senses. When Lex commented on how they'd set sail, it was all she could do not to make a sarcastic remark at him.
She watched him as he closed his eyes. He was a trusting fellow. She would never fall asleep with a stranger, but this man was different. By his hair color and the whiteness of his skin, it was clear that he was not from around here. She'd never seen anyone with such a shockingly pale figure.
"Can you swim?" She asked after a while of silence. "After all, if we're going to escape, we'd best do it soon." A small grin split her face.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:14 am

Lex opened his eyes a crazy at Desire's question, and considered it a moment.
"Yeah." He answered, nodding, "But not the whole way across the ocean with sharks licking my toes. If your plan is to go away from here; best wait until we've gone somewhere. There's no point jumping out and swimming to shore here." He shrugged, "Of course, it's your choice. But I for one plan to wait until we get somewhere worth going."
He shifted deeper into his nest of blankets, making himself comfortable, and stretching out his stiff limbs.
It was good to relax again at last...
He smiled at Desire, then shifted over and patted the blankets beside him, gesturing for her to sit down.
"Tell me about yourself." He encouraged, "We have some time to kill."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:20 am

Desire immediately felt stupid about her question, but brushed it off. Obviously Lex wasn't the type of guy to rub it in. She appreciated that. Maybe she'd be able to get along with him after all. Maybe she wouldn't ditch him as soon as they got somewhere far far away...
Hesitatntly, she stepped over to him and sat down on the blankets he indicated. She made sure that she didn't touch the other man, not even brush her arm against his. Didn't want to get too friendly now. No, there would be time for that later. Again, that was still a maybe as well.
Smiling, she responded, "I grew up in Egypt. I was a slave, but my parents managed to keep my existence hidden for years. I have no idea how they did it." She seemed at a loss for words. "I had a good childhood until they found me. There was a little stream by my house that I always played in. I did the laundry in there, too. I collected water from a small pond on the other side of the stream to drink. I raised our livestock. We even had a dog.
"But then they did find me, yes." She frowned and looked at the wall across the room. "Yes, they found me."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:50 am

Lex watched Desire curiously as she spoke, considering her words with thoughtful attentiveness. He empathized with what he saw; her feelings about her childhood seemed mixed. Nostalgia was not always kind, after all... It fluctuated, somewhat.
"Sounds like you had a hard time." He commented, eyes searching her face with what might have been kindness.
He supposed it must have been hard, if she'd decided prostitution was a better option.
He leaned back, and stared up at the ceiling, scratching a hand absentmindedly through his white hair; which had grown dirty from rolling around in the hold, and rather lost its brilliance. He pulled a face at the unpleasant sensation of uncleanliness, then turned back to Desire, and added casually - inviting, but not prying - "How did you get away? From what I've heard of the slave situation in Egypt, it's hardly a piece of cake getting out of there. Then again..." He smirked slightly to himself, "I imagine anybody would have some trouble keeping you under 'control', huh? You've got plenty of spunk about ya."
He flashed a wink, his expression just as friendly and accessible as ever.
Lex was an easy guy to get along with, on the surface. Really getting to know him, however, was a different case entirely.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:01 am

Desire snorted when he talked about how she'd had a hard time. The boy had no idea. None at all. "You could say that." She mumbled quietly, more to herself than to him. She didn't really care to explain why it was bad. She didn't want to explain the scars on her back or the brand on her thigh. She didn't feel like talking about her past, but then again she never did. Maybe it would be a good thing to talk about it.
"How did you get away? From what I've heard of the slave situation in Egypt, it's hardly a piece of cake getting out of there."
"You're right about that." She muttered, then spat on the ground. It wasn't easy getting out of there.
"Then again... I imagine anybody would have some trouble keeping you under 'control', huh? You've got plenty of spunk about ya."
Desire laughed. No one had ever described her as 'having spunk'. She didn't act like this most of the time. This really was her true personality. She just didn't get to show it much. It was bad for business if she was happy all the time. No, she had to be mysterious and aloof. And, well, sexy.
"I guess I have spunk." She said with a grin. "So do you. I suppose you'd have done the same thing in my situation." Maybe that would divert the conversation away from her.

[[In school, bored as all hell xD]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:43 am

"Me?" Lex replied, laughing, "Oh, no way. I'm a coward of note; I probably would have rolled over and done whatever I was told." He chuckled to himself, and shook his head, contemplating what he had said. It was not entirely true, as usual, but it was not quite a lie, either.
He was not a coward, not really, but the cowardly role suited him - and he played it well.
He was a conniving schemer, not a coward. He supposed he ought to be ashamed of that - it was worse in a way - but he wasn't.

Lex sat in silence for a while, studying the hold with vague curiosity, then turned his attention back to Desire.
"So what's it like in Egypt?" He asked curiously, "Aside from the whole slave thing, I mean. That obviously sucked." He offered a wry, somewhat sympathetic smile, and waited with polite interest to hear what Desire had to say.
He liked this girl's attitude. He really did.

((Sorry, short post. Think we need a time skip, so they can start doing something? Smile ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:09 am

[[We can time-skip if you'd like :3]]

"Egypt is hot." Desire commented dryly with a smile. It's hot and sandy, and that's about it. I lived by the Nile - it's a giant river that cuts through the earth like a knife and bleeds red mud..." She trailed off, wondering what he would make of her horribly made poetry. Or whatever that was. "I wanted to be a writer when I was little, but I don't know how to read." She blushed and looked down.
"I'm good at telling stories, though." She grinned and stretched her legs out in front of her, letting out a loud yawn. "So sit back and listen, friend Lex, of the time I was chased by a bear into the river and almost drowned."
She continued to recall an exaggerated tale of a bear ten feet tall forcing her into the rushing waters of a flooding river, where she was knocked off her feet and carried a mile downstream.
When she was done, Desire leapt lightly to her feet and walked to the food barrel. She grabbed an apple and tossed it in the air repeatedly, catching it without looking. She dropped it the last time after a large bump knocked her off balance. She almost fell, but she did land on the barrel.
The boat had stopped moving.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:36 pm

"Egypt is hot." Desire replied bluntly, and Lex narrowed his eyes lazily. Then she elaborated; "It's hot and sandy, and that's about it. I lived by the Nile - it's a giant river that cuts through the earth like a knife and bleeds red mud..."
At this, he raised his eyebrows, and tilted his head curiously to one side. That was an imaginative way of putting it... Almost poetic. He had to admit, as a man of words himself, he was rather impressed...
Before he could comment, however, Desire was explaining herself, "I wanted to be a writer when I was little, but I don't know how to read. I'm good at telling stories, though. So sit back and listen, friend Lex, of the time I was chased by a bear into the river and almost drowned."
With a bark of laughter, Lex did as he was told; sitting back and listening to what proved to be an exciting and clearly somewhat fictional tale.

Once she had told her story, Lex praised it politely, smiling gratefully - then lay back to take a nap while Desire tossed a stray apple around.
Just when he was nearly drifting off to sleep, he was woken by the apple hitting him sharply on the head, and he cursed in surprise as the motion of the ship tossed him sideways.
Once it had come to a stop, he stood up, wincing and rubbing his hip.
"Well, that was a bumpy landing." He commented irritably, "Wanna go up and see what's happening? Sounds like it's busy up there, so if we blend in really well, we may have a shot..." He winked, and tossed her a big floppy hat with a droopy flower sitting on a barrel beside him. After rummaging around for a while, he found something for himself - a tatty straw hat - and shoved it onto his head, carefully tucking his dirty white hair in around the sides. That hair really didn't help his cause - it made him bloody easy to identify, after all...
"Still got that gun?" He asked cheerfully, patting his own which was hooked through his belt. "Just in case we run into some trouble, y'know?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next