Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deshy-Alpha (IronMan) [mature content 18+ Rated M]

2 posters

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down

Deshy-Alpha (IronMan) [mature content 18+ Rated M] - Page 2 Empty Re: Deshy-Alpha (IronMan) [mature content 18+ Rated M]

Post  Deshychan Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Take the day off, Pepper. take the day off.. Take the day off, really he was asking her that. It was like asking Tony to do his own washing. "You know that dosen't sound half bad right now, no matter how much it kills me to say so" she looked down at his hand resting on hers, the urge to pull it away crossed her mind, however she simply left it there, his warm rough hand upon her soft cool skin felt relaxing. As he got out the car, she slowly pulled her hand back, flexing her fingers, his touch still lingered there. Running her fingers across her skin, at the place Tony's hand had just layed. Her skin tingled. She looked up as he walked aroun the front bumper. A gentle smile played around the edges of her lips. She unbuckled her seat belt, slipping her legs out the car first as she opened the door. "Where you planning on going?" She pulled herself through the rest of the way out. Standing to face Tony. "You do realized this is going to look odd, the both of us taking a days rest together, people know how you are with girls, they'll think we're, you know, your my boss its not right. especially after what just happened" She backed away from the car. "I think you should take a break Tony I'm fine, i'll go back to work" she turned around, forgetting that the garage was a mess, tripping over a tool box and landing on her ass upon the cold hard floor. Dam she was not having a good day. "Ouch" she exclaimed, then looked up to Tony feeling slightly embarrassed right then. She laughed out of nerves, feeling awkward.
Deshychan
Deshychan

http://viceroybutterfly.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Deshy-Alpha (IronMan) [mature content 18+ Rated M] - Page 2 Empty Re: Deshy-Alpha (IronMan) [mature content 18+ Rated M]

Post  Alpha Female Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:00 pm

He smiled and turned his head to look at her in the car as she got out. He stood up right his hand still where it's been, his balance was a bit off because of it. "Pepper, I can't do much with this now can I?" He asked with a smile,holding his bad hand up, "But something tells me that getting paid to do nothing is something you'd be interested in" He teased. He found himself, well his eyes rather-- looking her over, from the hair that fell so naturally on her shoulders to her skirt ripped up near her hip. He almost forgot she was there and how she felt about him and girls, which wasn't exactly something he was proud of inside. He blinked and looked back up at her, "Never gave it that much thought actually" He said with a shrug and listened to her as she spoke again though his eyes narrowed slightly at her comment. you do realize this is going to look odd, the both of us taking a days rest together, "I don't see whats wrong with it." people know how you are with girls, they'll think we're, you know,"But we're not" He said, your my boss its not right. especially after what just happened "Pepper, come on, taking one day off wont do a damn thing to our reputations, I mean who is gonna know? Jarvis?" He asked with a smile. "I wont say a word" Jarvis said and Tony looked around with a smile. "He really cant say a word, not to anyone but you or me" He said with a chuckle. "I mean, Pepper you wont have any work to do. I don't plan on making you run errands or schedule anything. But do what you want, I cant stop ya" He smiled and watched her walk away but followed to start cleaning the mess up he had made just an hour earlier. Though he nearly jumped when Pepper took a tumble over a toolbox. "Who needs who, again?" he teased and reached out his good hand to her to help her up.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

https://darkest-secrets.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Pepper, come on, taking one day off wont do a damn thing to our reputations, I mean who is gonna know? Jarvis? "Everyone will know Tony, People talk, it will go round qucikly. i cant have people talking about us like that. More stress for me to handle, like you always have me do" She backed away, the car journey had just upset her a little more than needed right now, and with Tony ever encrouching upon her space, just made her that much more nervous, causing her to back away. I mean, Pepper you wont have any work to do. "I dont care, I'm not taking the day off" I don't plan on making you run errands or schedule anything. "I'll find something, theres always something thats needs doing" But do what you want, I cant stop ya "thats right you cant stop me"
She found herself suddenly upon the ground, Tony's hand just under her nose. she looked up to him slowly, not liking the feeling of him standing over her like that. Pausing as she looked up at him, really looking at him for once. He looked absolutly shattered, dark circles lingered under his eyes, he needed to sleep more, but what was keeping him awake she had no idea. He barely spoke to her much anymore, her used to tell her just about everything, and then that stupid accident happened, and he changed. She hesitently placed her delicat hand into his rather larger, work scared hands. she didn't mind that one bit, it made him for what he was. Who needs who, again? she smile slightly "You need me, I don't think you could tie your shoes without me." her smiled turned into a tease.
She used his hand placeing most her weight onto it as she hoisted her self up. He too pulled , thus pulling her into his arms. She looked up to him, catching his gaze, pausing in the moment, before it soon felt a little too close and intimate. Placing her hands on his chest she pushed herself away from him. "I should go.." she stood at a distance "..Should go get a change of clothes, I think a vacation sounds good right now" she gave him a genuine smile, as she walked away - this time watching where she went. She headed up the stairs.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:01 pm

When she placed her hand on his he pulled her up giving her a smile but caught her when she fell into his chest. He helped her to her feet once more, though she was already pushing away from him. I should go.. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea" He said and let her go, ..should get a change of clothes- "Yep" I think a vacation sounds good right about now.. "You are not able to make up your mind aren't you?" He teased and watched her walk away. When she disappeared he started up the robots to help pick up the heavier things that he couldn't turn back up right. And he went around and began getting the papers in order and in their proper places before heading back upstairs leaving the robots to vacuum up what was left of the broken glass and metal scraps. He did see Pepper in the next room but decided against announcing his presence to her, she needed space as much as he did. He went over to the kitchen and went to the fridge and got out a bottle of water and began to chug it. The cold water felt good as it went through him and his chest, though the cold hitting the back of his reactor made a chill go through him.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Pepper headed into one of the rooms of the main entrance way. She knew exactly where Tony kept all his clothes, and if she needed something he wasn't going to be bothered if she just ' borrow' it for a little while. There was just suits after suits, Crap. How was she going to find anything in that. She grabbed one of his jackets and slipped it over her shoulders. His scent lingered upon the upholestry. She lifted up her shoulders and pulled the jacket together taking in a deep breath. She smiled into the jacket, then took a step back, the jacket felt comfortable and soft against her skin, no wonder he wore these things alot. She walked out of the room, just as a call came through. So much for no work, she flipped open her phone answering the call. The caller ID indicating that it was Rhodey. perhaps this wasnt work related after all. "Hey everything okay?" "yeah, was just checking in, wondering how you were." "Oh its okays im alright, un like Tony" she walked around the room as she spoke to him. The conversation didn't last too long, she put the phone down and then made her way back into the main area. She paused as she saw Tony stood in the kitchen. "Oh hey there, didn't here you come up" she took a step forward. "How long you been there?"
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Tony heard Pepper come in and he was already stuffing away the food that he took from the fridge, contrary to popular belief Tony did know how to cook. Though he just chose not to. But when he did, it was usually very well prepared food and dinners. But right now, it was just an less than ordinary sandwich with everything except the kitchen sink in it. He turned to her with full cheeks like a chipmunk and smiled keeping his lips closed. It was a rather cute smile. Then he saw was she was wearing, then the smile became more.. Tony as he cocked an eyebrow and tilted his head. He managed to chew his food and swallow before talking to her. "Long enough to get hungry" He said with a smile. Then looked down at her feet then back at her face, "You look comfortable" He said with a smile as he took another more civilized bite out of his sandwich that already had a generous chunk out of it. "You want anything?" He offered and took a drink of the soda in front of him in a glass. "I can cook you know so don't knock it till you try it" He said and leaned over the counter on his elbows. "Well, Im gonna make something anyway, so it'll be here when you take your lunch break" He said and began to get ingredients for pasta from the fridge, then he decided to make pasta salad instead.

~~~~
The next couple of days went by with some minor incidents between him and Pepper, though nothing as bad as before. Tony's hand had healed faster than he thought, also as fast as the public would allow. He had Rhodes take the stitches out and wore a suit that covered most of the cut. Tony had a press conference today, and now he had to look presentable. He had gotten some sleep, but working late with modifying his suit to get his mind off of things deprived him a bit. His mind has always been active and non-stop with thinking of new ideas for the suit. But it wasn't just the suit that was on his mind, but so was Pepper, so much that he was starting to question why she was on his mind so much. "You're on in 30 seconds Mr. Stark" Happy said as he peaked his head in. "Okay Happy" He said and straightened his suit up and headed to go onto the floor. As soon as he stepped out to the podium cameras and chatter flooded the room. Mostly questions about the suit. A normal press conference but a majority of his answers were 'no comment, next' Then one official journalist stood, though Tony could tell this man wasn't from any magazine or newspaper. He was dressed too officially and his stance made Tony edgy. "Mr. Stark, we're not sure if you're aware that your suit has sparked a worldwide uproar and interest. And you also should realize that that could threaten America, and her interests. What is your take on that?" He asked, so he was a reporter after all. And all the press in the room, now their cameras and recorders were locked on Tony. "My take? You want to know my take after bugging out over someone who is trying to help this nation and her interests, privatizing world peace? Giving those terrorists something to keep them occupied with something that they would never reach? America is safe, as long as I'm around. I can guarantee that, I called this press conference to tell all of you just that." Tony explained and restated as Rhodes stood next to Pepper offstage. "What the hell is he doing?" He asked quietly but to no one in particular.

[edit]
"Mr. Stark, what's it like to be doing all of this on your own now that Mr. Stain is no longer around to help you? And how are you taking this loss?" A reporter asked over the roar of questions.

Finally a break from the attacks of the questions that blew his purpose out of proportion. Though the second question got a bit personal. He waited until the press was quieter, he began to think now, he had to lie, but make it believable. He was not taking this loss very easily, he definitely was not mourning over Obediah, not after what he did to him and the company. And almost killing Pepper. He did find it funny though how not even a week earlier the press was all about his escape. Though that was only after Obediah locked him out of the company. Tony's own company and he had no say in it whatsoever. Then went and took his technology for the world to see-- "Mr. Stark?" The voice snapped Tony out of his trance.

"You know, I've had my time of grievance that I would allow,Mr. Stain would have wanted me to move past this, and see Stark Industries grow into something better, and that is exactly what I am doing, Stark Industries' goal is to help the American people both here and overseas. The people fighting for our country. So there is weight on my shoulders, but it's nothing I cant handle" He said and glanced at Pepper then back to the press. "I will do what I can to broaden Stark Industries and what we are named for, other than weapons. And you know we might even start building bricks and beams for baby hospitals" He said and looked directly at Christine Everhart, whom..he knew from..the past and left it at a passing glance.

"What about the Arc Reactor?" A voice rose above the rest from the back and everyone in the room looked back, Tony followed their gazes to the back. Justin Hammer.

Tony clenched his jaw and gritted his teeth but relaxed as soon as people turned to see his response. "What about the Arc reactor? It's powering the factory. Nothing journal worthy about it, that already hit the papers Hammer, you're a bit late" He said with a chuckle and the rest of the room filled with a laugh.

"Oh but that's not the only thing its powering---" Tony cut him off.

"I believe the time for this conference is up, my final leaving remarks are as follows. Not another comment will be made about my suits or any other developments taking place here at Stark Industries until further notice, I am taking a leave to research my options, and keep my options and mind open." He said and as per usual his publicist finished up his press conference for a send off. "Pepper, get Happy, we're leaving." He said and Hammer had already made his way towards the front, and Tony stopped right in front of him. They were out of view of the press and now one on one. "What did he tell you" Tony demanded as he stared at him through his tinted sunglasses and narrowed eyes.

"Tony. Tony, Tony. Obediah called me when he started shipping the Jerico off to Afghan. He knew he wouldn't want you in on the business being handled by the big boys." Hammer said with a smile. "I was the one that sent them over, I could work around all of your shipping because I wasn't even remotely in your system. He mentioned the arc reactor, and not the one powering your factory. Besides its not hard to tell through your suit." He said and poked his chest right on the steel of the arc reactor and Tony reached up and smacked his hand away from his chest. Thankfully Rhodey came in and broke it up.

"Knock it off Hammer." He growled and took Tony's shoulders and led him out, but Tony pushed past him and Rhodey had to calm him down before they reached Pepper outside.

[[I went to town here XD lordy Razz]
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Walking across the room, she smiled, knowing he was watching her with those big brown eyes of his. "I can feel you watching me you know, Its quite irritating" she spoke with a light teasing tone. Turing with a smile she faced him, watching as he ate a rather ugly looking sandwhich. she was sure how he could eat such a thing "I got cold, hope you dont mind, and eve if you do i dont care" She flashed him a semi toothy smile, walking over to him in the kitchen. She watched him take another bit of the thing he had created, though it made her feel sickly. "Your making me feel sick just eating that... thing" she shuddered and went round to the fridge, pulling a bottle of spring water from the door. She turned around; after closing the door, leaning against the fridge, glancing at the back on Tony now. "Lunch break..? You know i never take a lunch break Tony, and just because we are taking a 'break' wont make a difference" she smiled slightly walking back round, situating herself on the couch in the center of the main room. Curling her legs up underneath her, she snuggled into his jacket further, leaning on the back of the sofa as she watched him cook.

-----------

It was now a few days after her minor accident, it felt like nothing had ever happened to her, only the small scratches kept that little reminder. That wasn't the biggest thing on her plater though, today was the press converence meeting, something very important, and the one she had made Tony organize himself. She however still had to help with most of it, since he was no good at these sort of thing, the main reason why he hired her in the first place. Pepper was good with paper work and organizing things for him. She was ineed a bit of a workaholic when it came to things like that. Actually she was just a workaholic all together, work ran her life and without it she wouldn't do so well.
Pepper had been at the office that day, so Tony was left on his own to get ready, though he had Hogan with him. Which settled her mind just that little bit. Rhodes soon turned up at her office, ready to head over to the converence call. "Ready to go Pepper?" he asked her from the door way. Looking up from her esk she smiled gently. "Yes, almost ready, just one last thing to do" She went back to wirtting something on paper, then gathered them along with a folder and her laptop. "ready, lets go"
It didn't take too much road time before they were pulling up outside the converence call building. Pepper And Rhodey slipped out the car, amking their way up the miniscule flight of steps before entering through large glass doors into the place. Voices echoed around the building, many a reporters had turned up, ever since Tony's little incident after coming home from his little 3 month 'vacation'. Rhodes and Pepper both entered the room -standing right in the back cornor, out of reach from the press- just as Tony took his spot on stage. He was such a natural at giving speeches, it was like he was born for these things, and he look dam right amazing up there, he really looked apart of it. Pepper looked down to the papers in her hands, knowing that staring at him like that was just not doing her any good, nor him, For he would just end up staring right back at her. Pepper smiled at Rhodes remark, but didn't say anything, instead just smiled and listened to what Tony had to say.

"Mr. Stark, what's it like to be doing all of this on your own now that Mr. Stain is no longer around to help you? And how are you taking this loss?" Pepper only just managed to catch the question over all the jumbled voices shouting to try and get their questions in. She sighed and looked over to Rhodes, only the two of them and tiny knew what had actually happened to Obe, that and also Agent Phil Coulson. He had tryed to cover it up for Tony, though he had just gone and thrown that down the drain.

She watched him, seeing his face twist in contemplation. she knew that the question asked was going to compell him just that little bit. she watched as he inevoably squirmed under the pressure and personalness of the question asked. Pepper hoped he would be able to pull himself out of this one on his own, they hadn't really talked about it in the passed few days, they'd argued -rather pettily- instead, just like always.

"You know, I've had my time of grievance that I would allow,Mr. Stain would have wanted me to move past this, and see Stark Industries grow into something better, and that is exactly what I am doing, Stark Industries' goal is to help the American people both here and overseas. The people fighting for our country. So there is weight on my shoulders, but it's nothing I cant handle" Pepper smiled, good he didn't screw up this time, he acually pulled that of better than she had expected. Glancing over to Rhodes she gave him a genuine smile, knowing he would understand that quite well. "I will do what I can to broaden Stark Industries and what we are named for, other than weapons. And you know we might even start building bricks and beams for baby hospitals" Pepper almost wanted to slap her hand to her forhead, he always messed it up, he couldn't joke like that to the press they believed everything anyone said. She played with the cornor of her lip with her teeth, now worried about what they might think. Perhaps people still though he was not in the right frame of mind.

Pepper glanced down to her papers, just for a second when the next question caused her head to snap upwards "What about the Arc Reactor?" Arc reactor, what was Hammer on about? The Arc reactor was a puplicity stunt, so why did it consern him now? Its not like that was new. She glanced over at Rhodey, who seemd to be forcing himself to look straight ahead. with a shrug, she went back to listening as best she could.
"Oh but that's not the only thing its powering---" she screwed her face up to on side, what on earth was Hammer on about, 'not the only thing it powered' was he on rugs again? More than likely, he was a bit of a queer.

I believe the time for this conference is up, my final leaving remarks are as follows. Not another comment will be made about my suits or any other developments taking place here at Stark Industries until further notice, I am taking a leave to research my options, and keep my options and mind open. She smiled at that, glad he rounde it up before people began mentioning other things and possibly just messing this up even more for them. In all honesty, he had done very well, better than she ever expected from him. It was nice to see that side of him again, he was so distant lately, always in his garage from early morning.

Pepper watched him; following him with her gaze; as he mae his way from the podium and towards her and Rhodes. She smiled towars him as he got closer. "Pepper, get Happy, we're leaving." she nodded in acknowledgement "Sure thing Boss" she flashed a playfull smile and woddled of to find Hogan.

She found Hogan in the back still, in Tony's changing room. "Its time to leave Hogan, You ready?" He jumped out of his little rivere, causing Pepper to giggle slightly at his reaction to her appraoch. "Its just me Hogan, did I scare ya? Get the car ready Tony wants to leave, wuite promtly" she smiled then vanished from the room, making her way back out of the building. She stood outside, waiting for the others when she heard someone approach her, someone that wasn't Tony and Rhodes, nor hogan for he was getting the car. She turned to find Agent Coulson standing to her right. She flashed a genuine smile in his direction. "Agent Coulson, I just wanted to say thank you very much for all of your help" she gently titlted her head to the side "That's what we do. You'll be hearing from us."[/i] she noded greatfully in repsonse "From the Strategic Homeland..." "Just call us SHIELD. " He interuppted her with a smile and then took of own the steps, vanishing from sight here on after.

Pepper stood alone on the steps too long for comfort. with a sigh she turned and headed back into the building. She didn't get to far when she saw Tony come marching her way. she gave him a look of confusion. She ignore it, walking with him and Rhodes back to the car. As soon as the car door closed upon them she turned to him. "What happened back their Tony? Did something happen?" She placed her hand upon his arm, hoping the touch woul get him to look at her instead out of the window. He seemed so content with himself untill just a few moments ago. She waited for his reply, hoping he woul atleast tell her this much. Hogan drove without asking a question, like the professional he was trained to be, though Tony sometimes did like to have a different, more friendly realastionship with his employees. "You know you did a good up there today dont you" She smile towards him, removing her hand from his arm and placed it back upon the papers that lay on her knee. she sighed and leaned back into the seats, staring out the window.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Rhodey led Tony out of the room and left him at the door once he made sure Tony was going to be okay by himself, with the new temper he had gotten out of nowhere. Tony patted his shoulder and said some parting words before he headed to the car where Hogan and Pepper were waiting. When he got into the car though, he became eerily quiet. He looked out the window for a good while just spacing out, to the point where he couldn't even hear the cars outside as they drove. His mind was going over everything that Obediah did, trying to have him killed, shipping the Jerico and even bringing Hammer into the basic roots of Stark Industries. It was like Obediah was inviting Hammer to steal everything Tony spent his whole life developing. This drove him crazy, he clenched his fist on his one pant leg wrinkling it a bit, not that he worried since the press conference was over, though with Pepper in the car and he did that just as she asked the question, he realized that she might read that like she was bugging him, annoying him greatly and instantly relaxed but never looked at her. He was still caught up in his thoughts. He was so deep within his mind that he couldn't even say a word to her when she gave him a compliment. He wanted to say something, but he was long gone. He just watched the cars as they whizzed past until Hogan pulled up to the front of the house. Before the car even stopped he jumped out and headed into the house.

As Tony walked towards the house he had already stripped his sports jacket off and over his left arm and he was pretty flustered as he began to yank at his tie to loosen it, but to no avail. Pepper was following close enough to hear his growls and sighs. With his right hand being still so sore he couldn't pull the knot from the tie, and lacking fingernails didn't help either. He just gave up and plopped down on the couch with a sigh and he pinched the bridge of his nose and laid back with a sigh and his eyes closed.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:17 am

Pepper followed him from the car in silence, just watching as he took his jacket of in a fluster. What ever had happened back there had really upset him, she had never seen him like this since he found out about Obediah's unloyatly towards him, The way he had just shut Tony out of his own company. she wanted so badly to make everything better for him again, but she had no idea of how to do this such thing for him, yes they had a very close relationship, but that didn't mean she knew exactly everything about him. He wasn't one to talk about is feelings, instead he would bottle them up an toss them out to sea, never to be seen again. Sometimes it went so far as to people saying he was cold hearted, or heartless. He was neither of those things, only her and Rhodes seemed to know that.
Pepper sighed as she caught him trying to yank his tie from his neck, he never stayed in a full suit for long, though he looked rather dashing in one. She paused in the middle of the room, watching as he layed back on the couch. She watched him with a tilt to her head, really confused at why he was acting so out of it. She wanted to ask him, but with the way he seemed to be acting right now, she felt like it wasn't the best of ideas.

Pepper walked over and stood there for a few moments before leaning down and pulling the knot from his tie, the slipping it loose she she could take it from his neck. she took the Jacket and tie and went to place them else where. When entering the room again she just stood at the door way, glancing at him. "What Did happen back there Tony? You going to tell me or am i just going to have to force3 it out of you like always?" She trie to make it lighthearted but she just failed at that, and it came out a little rude. Not exactly what she was after, it was too late now to change that fact. "You look like hell Tony" she pushed away from the door way and into the kitchen where she grabbed something to drink and poured some wiskey -on the rocks- for Tony.
She handed to him as she sat down next to him, sipping from the bottle of water. "You looked like you needed one" she gave him a gentle smile as she sat upright.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 am

As he sat there, with his eyes closed he felt someone pulling at the knot of his tie, the gentle touch told him it was Pepper. He opened his eyes with a start but calmed when he saw her face in front of his. His face got hot for a moment, being so close to her. And her being so close to his chest piece he prayed that she didn't notice. When she took his tie and jacket he quietly, sighed in relief. She hadn't noticed it. What did happen back there Tony? You going to tell me or am i just going to have to force it out of you like always?" The tone of the question threw him off a bit and he made a face with a cocked eyebrow. But it went away when he remembered that he'd been giving her the silent treatment since they left the conference. When she came back with a glass of his liquor he gave her a smile and leaned forward taking it and resting his elbows on his knees. Staring down into the glass before taking a sip. She was right, he did need it. "Thank you, Pepper" He said quietly and went back to staring at the ice cubes. The glass was cold and wet, it felt good on his hot skin, and the whiskey helped him relax as it went through his system. "Nothing happened back there, well, nothing you should worry about, and I mean it this time" He said with a gentle smile though a delayed shift of his eyes when he looked at her. "Just brought back issues, that's all" He said and looked back down at his hands as he smudged the water from the glass with his thumbs. Then something happened, whether it was the whiskey or how Pepper affected him, he felt his wall start to come down, brick by brick. "I guess..ever since I got back, things just went down hill. I mean being locked out of my own company by someone who I trusted with everything I worked for. I mean why in the hell would he do that to me?" He said and looked at Pepper with heartbroken eyes. "I feel like no one trusts me, no one thinks I can do all of this on my own. When actually I can, but Obe never even gave it a chance, no one did. And I guess by coming back and taking responsibility for my actions and for the company it was a spark of damn insanity" He huffed and shook his head.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:27 pm

She smiled as she handed him the glass, a little surprised by the thank you he gave her, he didn't seem to be in that kind of mood, but perhaps she was wrong. watching him as he played with the glass in his hand, seeming to be lost in a different universe to her. with a sigh she leaned back against the sofa, taking a swigg from the bottle and placed it upon the table. She was juts about to give up when Tony finally began to talk. "Alright if you insist" She reached for the bottle and took a small sip once more. "Sure, if you say so Tony, you just dont seem all that happy about whatever it was to be honest. I've never seen you like this, not even after the icident in Afgan" She tugged at the label on the bottle, the mood as now clinging onto her outer core, But the as he spoke to her, really got to her, there was much more to this than he was letting off. The only problem was getting him to fess up and just tell her, though that was like trying to get a brick wall to shit blood.
Pepper watched him closely, ocasionaly dropping her gaze from him, She saw it, hen something seemed to just click in his min, his features change just the minutest part, but she saw it nonetheless. I guess..ever since I got back, things just went down hill. I mean being locked out of my own company by someone who I trusted with everything I worked for. I mean why in the hell would he do that to me? she glance down at the bottle in her hands. she was not expecting that one bit, this was not the Tony stark she new, he was not someone to say his mind, something had changed inise of him. She looked up just as he too looked at her, and at that single moment she just wanted to wrap her arms around him and tell him everything was going to be okay, that no matter what as long as they still had each other, they would be okay. But she didn't, she couldn't say something like that, not to her boss, it was wrong, wrong for the public, wrong for her profile, everything about it screamed hell. what he said next really got to her, now the Tony she knew was nothing like that, he was strong and very confident in himself. Maybe that as just a shield he wore to stop her from freaking out so much. a single tear slipped down her cheek, she couldn't take that, it was too much for her to hold it all back. "I believe in you Tony, Is that not enough?" she stood, turning her back to him, another tear slipped from its cage, escaping down her sculptured cheek bone. she turned back to look at him, desperation and hope shined in her eyes "what really happened Tony? Not today but in Afgan, what happened in that cave? You never did tell me. I feel like your keeping something from me, like theres something just not right about you anymore." she went and sat back down next to him, this time a little closer, resting her hand on his arm. "You know you can tell me anything... dont you?"
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:59 pm

He saw the tear fall from the corner of her eye and his mindset changed. Pepper was showing a side he knew she had but never really saw. He thought that she was just as much of a hard ass as he was. "Pepper, you're the one that kept me from quitting..." He said softly. He set his drink down on the table in front of him and stood, not taking his eyes from her. What really happened Tony? Not today but in Afgan, what happened in that cave? You never did tell me. I feel like your keeping something from me, like theres something just not right about you anymore." He sighed and went out to take her hand but pulled away when she turned around and sat when she did. "Pepper, please, You know i hate keeping things from you. But..I..I just..I'm trying to keep my mind right. Know what I have to do," Tony said with a sigh, his voice breaking choking on his own frustration. "And I don't even know where to start," He said and sighed. "All that shit that happened in that cave..was enough to scare me straight. And I know that it scared a lot of people back here," He sighed and ran a hand through his hair that was gelled in his natural style.

"You know you can tell me anything…Don't you? He looked at her again and used his sleeve on his shirt and wiped her tear. "I do, Pepper. You just gotta be patient with me. You know I'm a hardheaded jerk" He said with a chuckle and a smile. "But if there is one thing I hate seeing on you, is a frown and tears, it doesn't suit you very well, my dear" He teased only to brighten the mood for the both of them. "I will tell you what happened..in time. There are some things I don't think you would take very lightly" He said and felt a quick zap in his chest that made him jump. But played it off as a cold chill, "What did you give me?" He asked and took his drink and took a sip, "I like it" He smiled.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Pepper, you're the one that kept me from quitting... She glanced at him, a currious glance at that. So she was what was going through his head just before he was planning on quiting. She swollowed hard, as a tightness in her throat, threatened to strangle her. She stood then, trying to hide the struggle from him. They were both too bad at showing their real emotions, each one of them wanting to be the stronger one for the other, only causing a friction between them. All that shit that happened in that cave..was enough to scare me straight. And I know that it scared a lot of people back here. But what did happen? If it scared him so much, it must be something huge, nothing scared Tony. But right now he looked scared. he was right he did scare alot of people back here, and one of them being her. He didn't know what it was like for her. heck she didn't even want to talk about it in all honesty. An here she was trying to make him talk about it with her, she was the one to talk.

As he reached over to her she flinched backwards just a little,but as he reach towards her face she knew what he was doing, automaticaly closing her eyes as his sleeve gently brushed against her soft skin. That right there was exactly why she was still here, no matter how much stress he cause he, and her for him, just that little action as enough to make her stay around, that and possibly the feeling she always got around him, it was uncontrolable, though she tried so hard 24/7. Opening her eyes to see him looking at her with that strange look on his face, she gave him a gentle smile, a smile that said so much more than just a thank you. "I try Tony, I do, but its killing me" But if there is one thing I hate seeing on you, is a frown and tears, it doesn't suit you very well, my dear She couldn't help but smile at that, why people though of him as an egotistical nut job was beyond her. They never saw the real Tony Stark. Perhaps that was a good thing, he didnt get to this place without being a 'hardhead'. "And I dont like seeing you upset, or the way you have the tendancy of trying to get yourself killed all the time." she spoke a little more lighthearted catching on with his tone.

I will tell you what happened..in time. There are some things I don't think you would take very lightly "I never take anything lightly, you should know that much. Its like your always dropping these bombs upon me" She laughed very slightly at the end, hoping he wouldn't take it too seriously.

What did you give me? she laughed at the way his face seemed to light up, I like it "Of course you like it, you bought it" she smiled a wide toothy grin, enjoying seeing him with a buzz. "Has it got to you already, Tony? Its just a wiskey, on the rocks, how you like them"

Pepper brushed herself off as she stood and made her way back into the kitchen, she grabbed the bottle of wiskey that she had give tony and made herself a vodka martini, if he was already getting the buzz, she didn't see why she couldn't join in the harmless fun. heading back into the room she helf up the bottle so he could see it "This is what your drinking tonight, dont get too funny" She smiled and sipped at her oen drink, taking her place back upon the couch.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:12 pm

"It's killing me…" Those words rang in his ears, echoed for what seemed like forever, he knew what stress does to an individual. Especially someone like Pepper, someone he cared so much about. "I know, Pepper. I can see it. And In my defense they tried to kill me" He said with a tone that rode on her lighter one. Tony sat there and felt another zap, though it was more like a shock, like he was wearing wool socks on a carpet and touched a metal doorknob. He grit his teeth and took in a deep breath. "I have noticed that you don't take much next to a grain of sand, but this might be a little more than that. But I'm only watching out for you Pepper. " He said and shrugged. "Its just a whiskey, on the rocks, how you like them" "Yeah, but maybe its just easy for it to get to me this time" He said with a chuckle and another sip.

When Pepper got up to go into the kitchen he took this chance to check to see what the hell was going on. He unbuttoned a couple buttons from his shirt after setting his drink down and turning around to have his back to the kitchen walkway. He looked down at the reactor, definitely out of date and when he touched it he got zapped. "Ah!" He hissed and now he was on the clock as Pepper came back in and sat down next to him. He buttoned his shirt back up and turned to her before she would notice anything fishy. She held the bottle out to him and he smiled. "Oh, well then this could be fun huh?" He said with a smile and looked at her with her drink. "But you can have all the fun you want right?" He asked with a teasing smirk. "Oh before I forget," He said and took her drink. "I have one more errand you need to run. It'll be real quick I promise" He said with a smile. "Take Happy and go to my office," He handed her a flashdrive, "This will get you in like before. Erase Sector sixteen or whatever that wacko called it, erase everything that is on his drive. It was like he was never here" He said with a smile.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:25 pm

I have one more errand you need to run. It'll be real quick I promise Just as she as about ready to have a little fun and let loose, he dropped a metaphorical bomb upon her yet again. At that she just wanted to slap him real hard across the face. She stood, grabbing the bottle of wiskey while doing so, still holing her drink in her hand. "No party without me though, sorry." she teased him light hartedly "I dont trust you two alone" she droppe the bottle into her bag, taking the hard drive and with a smile made her way out, calling happy at the same time. It didn't take too long before he had pulled up on the drive, by that time Pepper had finshed her drink, feeling way too nervous than she should be.

Pepper sat in the back of the car, ever going over what had just happened between her and Tony. What had just happened? she really had no idea. all she knew as that Tony was infact hiding something deep from her, and that when she found out about this she had no idea. Tony's time always ran differently than anyone elses, that as fact.

The journey felt so much shorter than originally, though possibly a good thing for all this Tony thinking was giving her a tension headache, or maybe it was just the martini talking. she thanked Happy, aksing him to stay put while she went quickly to sort something out.
As she entered the builing a cold shiver ran up her spine, this place held too many bad memorys, though entwined with good ones too. if it weren't for this place, she would nevr have met Tony. A life without him seemed impossible and utterly rediculous, there was not one thing she would change that for. He meant everything to her, she just didn't fully regonise that just yet. She made it to the main office, situated on the almost top floor. This felt all way too simular to her, she had walked this same rope once before, only this time she didn't have to worry about being caught, that person was now gone out of their lives, for good. Sitting down into the leather chair upon wheels, she sighed, not liking this at all.
her hand shook as she tried to in the harddrive stick, Taking a deep breath, to center herself. It worked just a little. The little device flashed indicating that it was plugged in. It didn't take too long before it encrypted all the files and found the ghost drive once more. She clicked on each seperate folder deleting them as she went along. As she neared the last one something caught her attention. It was a video file, clicking on it it came into view and began to play. The only problem being it was not in english, she pulled up a box and typed in translate, the video automatically began speaking a language she understood. She noticed who the guy was with the burlap sack over his head right away, how could she not tell. she sucked in her breath rather sharply, and then something else happened.

Everything happened so fast she didn't even remeber getting into the car and heading back to Tony's. getting out the car she hurried up into the house. Now she knew just a bit more than he was telling her, but also the fact the Obediah was the one who had paid these people to Kill Tony made her shiver all over, like tiny little electrical pulses were being pulsated throughout her nervous system. "Tony?...Tony where are you?" her voice was full of panic, hoping that leavng him here alone had not just been the worse mistake of her life. she looked in the place which shehad left him, only to find the seat empty and his glass broken upon the floor. Her heart raced. She practically flew down the steps to his garage, and there to her relief she saw him intently working upon something. Typing in the code she entered his area in a bit of a fluster. "Tony.. Tony you have to see this!" she waltzed right over to his work station which he was bent over. Though the closer she got to him, the more panicked she got, Something just didn't feel right at all, the way he didn't seem to be moving, just the gentle rise and fall of his breathing indicate he was still alive. she coul now she he wasn't working at his desk, but more sprawled across it, almost like he had feinted.

Pepper pulled his chair back, trying her best to hold him from falling out of the seat anymore, she only just managed to push all his flat muscle wieght back into the chair. Though this only caused her to freeze, for there right between his pecks sat a rather odd, metalic looking hole. She cringed away from him. Pepper looked back to him a gasp fell unconciously from her lips as she saw a small device - almost looking like the large arc reactor powering the company- hanging from the hole, with only the connections barely hanging on. Stepping forward she touche the small round device and pushed the connections back in, it clicked in content, but cause her to jump back, startled by the noise it made as it whirred to life.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:01 pm

While Pepper was away the shocks began to become to the point that it sent his whole body into a convulsion. "Jesus" He said and couldn't get his shirt off quick enough before it burnt a hole right through. The skin around it began to burn as well, slowly but painfully. "Ahh!" He hissed and ran down to the lab to find out what he could do, he certainly couldn't put cold water on it, that would mean an electrocution. After the mark 2 reactor was taken and destroyed by Obediah, he hadn't gotten around to make another. So he resorted back to the Mark 1. Bad choice, Tony he thought to himself as he nearly collapsed in the elevator. The color quickly drained from him, his skin was almost blue and around his eyes it was a sickly purple. He looked like he was dying. He was dying. He could see himself, though blurry, in the reflection of the steel elevator walls. Once the doors opened after what seemed like forever he stumbled out only a few loose things to catch him, or things that were just in reach. His reactor was failing. And failing quick.

"Jarvis…" Tony struggled to even say one word before he down right collapsed in front of his desk. Onto the cold, concrete floor. "Fabricate a Mark 2…Ma…" He began to crawl, using every ounce of energy or strength he had left. "Mark 2 reactor" He finally got out before collapsing again on the floor, "Make it fast." He whispered and turned on his back with his head propped up against the back of the desk. His skin so pale and cold like he was made of ice. A human being never looked so sickly, and never should one look so close to death without already being dead. His mind was telling him that this was it, all of his nerves were on overdrive, the pain from the burning reactor in his chest was incredible but he was too weak to react, too weak to even do anything, barely even breathe.

Come on you stubborn idiot his heart screamed at him. Get up. What would Pepper think if she saw you like this? his heart growled and Tony shut his eyes, only seeing Pepper. In his mind's eye he saw how it would play out. She would walk in the garage expecting him to be up and about working on his cars, or his suits. Expecting to come in there to pester him about press meetings, conferences or how he never listens to her. Those thoughts brought a bliss over him. But then that bliss was turned into strength when he saw what she may look like seeing him dead. In the middle of where he spent practically his whole life. And she would finally be right. His work consumed him, took him over, and killed him. You're gonna let Pepper see this? You're gonna let her win this argument? Get up Tony. "Not while I'm still here." He growled and threw a heavy arm up and caught the edge of the desk and grabbed a hold on it. His eyes, now dark but held their dimming sparkle, shot wide open and he took in what breath he could and pulled himself up. Where this strength came from, he wasn't even sure. But it was almost superhuman to him, he felt so weak but never felt so strong. He anchored another arm down on the side of the desk and threw his feet under him. Slipping but growling angrily at himself and tried again getting a wobbly footing. His ankles buckling but a determined Tony pulled himself up to a chair. "Sir, the reactor is finished" Jarvis said, that damn computer didn't even recognize the severity of this situation.
"Tony! Tony you have to see this!" Pepper's distant voice echoed in his mind that was fading as he sprawled over his desk in the chair. Not even feeling her touch on him, that would send his body off like a live wire. Though when she shoved the reactor back in he stopped her. "Get the other…other one" He said and his body was jolted again by a large shock. The wires were bad, not that Pepper would know. Then another jolt kept his whole body in a convulsion and he fell to the floor the static charge able to be heard.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Get the other…other one he heart almost stopped as he made her stop trying to save his life, when he fell to the floor after recieving a shock she squeeled and suddenly snapped into action. Looking around she saw it then, the other one that he was talking about. grabbing it sharply, she knelt down beside him. trying desperatly to not freak out, for it wouldn't do niether of them any good right now. She pulled at the one attached to his chest recieveing a small shock as she did so. She then carefully placed the new one back how the old was connected. she waited, leaning back agianst the desk, letting out her breath she didn't kno she was holding. Desperatly waiting for a reaction from Tony. If the ass died on her now, she'd never forgive herself for this moment. she had left him, yet known something was up with him.
Pepper leaned over him, making sure he was still alive in there, the thing in his chest whirred gently, the only noise coming from him. she checked for his pulse, and lukily enough he still had a heart beat, even after the rather violent shocks he had recieved. She tried to move him to a more comfortable postion but gave up, he was simply too well built for her to even move the slightlest. Pepper gently taped her four fingers to the side of his face, hoping to arouse him from his .. whatever it was he was in, she had no idea, all she wanted was her boss back in one peice and to tell her the what the hell was going on here.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:29 pm

He felt the new reactor click into his chest piece and felt the life starting to come back to him. His thoughts became clearer, the feelings in his arms and legs came back. His senses began to come back too, he felt pressure--Pepper checking for a pulse. Then he his sense of touch came back--Pepper trying to pull him somewhere, only god knows where. His hearing came back then, hearing her heavy breathing and her shrieks. Finally his smell came back, she was so close to him, her perfume was sweet, he loved it. He will admit that. Finally his lungs worked and he sucked in a huge breath of air with a gasp.

"Pepper?" He called weakly and his eyes darted around the room, not even aware that she was staring him right in the face. Finally he saw her she wasn't very happy with him, granted he wouldn't be either if he walked in on her close to death after being so stubborn. "I..I" He couldn't say anything to make this better, this was probably pretty scary for her. Plus his brain was in a fog along with his thoughts. "You can thank Obie" He said finally and laid there trying to calm down his eyes closing for a moment to gather himself.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:46 pm

She almost peed herself as Tony sucked in a large breath, her heart began to slow its constant thrumbing. As he called her name a little weakly, she moved closer to him. Placing her hands on either side of his face. "I'm right here Tony, right here" she spoked softly fading out as she ended. He tired to say something though only muttered incohenrelty. she waited to see if her woul say anuthing else, atching him closely, watching as the colour slowly began to seep back into his cheeks. The deep brown of his eyes filling back in, the whites turning back to white instead of the sickly bluey purples of bruising.

You can thank Obie You can thank Obie... You can thank Obie Obediah was the cause of this, of his death, she paused, but of course he was, wasn't that exactly hy she had literely raced down here. "You knew" Her voice cracked. "You knew?! and you didn't tell me! what were you thinking Tony?" she pulled away from him. "You were dying and you didn't think to tell me? why? why woul you not tell me something like that? I'd rather know my boss is dying than being left in the dark and find him dead on the floor! Next time... Next time dont expect my help, you ont deserve it, not if you keep things like this from me? do you know how much i worried about you? How muh it killed me to sit for three whole months not being able to do anyhting. Yu should have told me about this, atleast i could have been prepared better, what if i wasn't back for a long while, who knows what could have happened then. I might have come here to find you dead" she almost chocked on the last word. "Does Rhodes know about this?" she paused her mind going back to the press converence call, remembering the shared look between him and Tony. "Oh great he does dosen't he, you could tell him but not me, just wonderful. Here i am thinking you changed, where you only just got worse Tony. If you want to act like this then i'll leave and i wont look back"
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Tony felt her hands on his face and they were so warm compared to his skin. He almost wanted to nestle his cheek into her palm. But once she let go and began to scream at him he propped up on his elbow on one side and shook his head, blinking hard, almost like he had bumped his head and he was shaking his thoughts back together. Watching Pepper scream at him, at how hurt she was he held up his hand. "Pepper the only reason I kept it from you was because…" Peppers yelling cut him off and he grabbed onto his chair and almost lost it because of the wheels on the concrete floor almost ripped it from under him. Until he found a happy medium on the chair and a hand anchored on his desk he pulled himself up. "Pepper, Listen to me.." He said trying to interject and stop her before she burst an artery of her own. Her face was red, and her veins in her neck stuck out crazily. "Pepper!" He said again over her yelling, but she only got louder. He finally found enough balance in his legs and moved towards her. His hands in front of him motioning her to calm herself down. "Yes Rhodes knows---No that's not what---" He said and took her shoulders. "Pepper, Listen to me. Stop screaming" He said and made her look at him, and when she mentioned leaving, his grip got firm. "Pepper, Pepper, Pepper" He said quickly. "Let me explain. I didn't tell you because I was scared to tell you. I was scared to death okay? And plus I wouldn't even know how you would react to a light and a magnet keeping me alive." He said and let his grip on her and let his arms drop to her elbows. "And I didn't want you to treat me any different, I knew if I told you I was 'Dying' " He made the air quotes and dropped his hands to his sides, "You would probably end up changing things, making things easier for me, on me. I don't want that. I want to live life like nothing is going to happen, not that I know I'm going to drop dead out of nowhere. Believe me, this thing" He tapped the plate on his bare chest. "This will keep me going now. I can guarantee that. I swear on my life."
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Pepper wanted to chove him away from her, But his hands were so cold, she idn't not wanting him to touch her. she wanted to make him warm again, to bring back that life inside of him. As he forced her to look at him, she almost broke down crying. but she held it together just that little bit longer, remebering that he didn't like seeing that sie of her, she ahd to be strong for him, like she always had been since day one. Let me explain. I didn't tell you because I was scared to tell you. I was scared to death okay? And plus I wouldn't even know how you would react to a light and a magnet keeping me alive. she gulped, feeling a little guilty from her sudden outburst at him. Of course he were scared, but so was she. as his hands dropped to her elbows, it sent a thrill down her spine, causing her to make a tiny noise in exclamation at the sudden tingling feeling it gave her. And I didn't want you to treat me any different, I knew if I told you I was 'Dying' You would probably end up changing things, making things easier for me, on me. I don't want that. I want to live life like nothing is going to happen, not that I know I'm going to drop dead out of nowhere. Believe me, this thing. she looked down to where he placed his hand, upon his chest, she reached up and put her hand over his. This will keep me going now. I can guarantee that. I swear on my life. "I trust you Tony, i truely do, but please, what ever you do, dont keep things like this from me. Its strictly need to know buisness, and if you dont want anything to change it wont, i'll harang you like i always do, your no different Tony, just extremely lucky to be alive" One cornor of her lip riased slightly. She looked up to his face -now his colour fully back there. she froze in his gaze, maybe for a little too long, for she found herself drifting closer to him, when she realised what she was about to o she ducked away from him sharpely. "Im gla your alright" she stood, taking the old battery that had been keeping him alive and threw it into the trash can.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:40 pm

"I trust you Tony…" he sighed with a soft smile but it went away, he was still feeling pretty weak. He saw the guilt in her eyes, she was regretting the outburst at him. Could he blame her? Of course not. Even he was regretting not telling her sooner, and telling Rhodey instead. But of course how couldn't Rhodey know? He rescued Tony, pulled him out of that desert, that hell hole that he managed to get out of on his own. He remembered that day like it was yesterday. Those three months of hell and being afraid for his life haunted him. Deprived him of sleep even now. But maybe now that this was off his chest he would be more rested, more Tony. "Don't keep things like this from me." He looked at her and sighed with a small smile. A smile of assurance and relief. "I won't, Pepper. You have my word." He said, "And have I ever gone back on my word?" He asked with a wink and a cheeky smile and it slowly faded as he felt her eyes piercing right through his and his drilling soul seeking holes into hers. Their eyes were locked, and goosebumps hit his body as both of their breaths became mashed together. His bare chest wasn't as cold as it was now that her body was closer to his, trapping the heat. He began to reach and she turned away. Inside the fire still burned like mad but he respected her inability to decide. He gave her a smile and let her back off and throw the old reactor away. "I'm glad I could get your blood pumpin" He said with a tease and gave her a nudge on her shoulder playfully with his. "I promise from now on, I'll let you know what goes on with this" He said and tapped it again. "And I'll pay more attention to it" He said with a smile. He leaned back on the desk and watched her head upstairs. The curvature of his upper body complimented him greatly, even for his age. He couldn't help but smile at her as he watched her leave.

He stood there for a while his arms folded and still leaning on the desk that would have been his deathbed just an hour or so ago. Thinking. He looked around his garage, his mind wanting to start a new project, a new suit even. He played with the corner of his bottom lip, chewing on the idea. A Mark 4 suit. The Mark 3 was practically destroyed in the fight between him and Obediah in the fight on the freeway that night. Now the salvaged remains stand in the docking station next to the Mark 2. Though that wall did look empty. And he looked over his Mark 2 and Mark 3, they definitely needed a pick me up, Tony could never settle on something, no matter how cool, or badass it looked. He always wanted to amp it up, give people to something to really gawk at. Something he did with his cars, they were his pride and joy, but he was always out to have the newest and fastest. Now his suits were the next lineup that he'll be creating all his own. The thought of making suits that would make people stop and stare once they got the chance to see them, sent tingles through him and brought a sly smile to his face.

"Thinking about another suit are we sir?" Jarvis asked and it made Tony jump slightly, his computer breaking the silence that he got caught up in.

"Not yet Jarvis, Lock all my suit files away for the week, I need to get out more." Tony said and walked to one of his big screens as JARVIS opened up a lock folder for Tony and he drug them over to it one by one. All of his files and projects. Then came across the video file that Pepper had brought home from the office. He looked around his computer with a cocked eyebrow, and made sure she was gone and up stairs. He opened it up with a wave of his hand over the screen and leaned on the desk behind him and watched it. "Jarvis, translate" He said and crossed his arms and chewed on his tongue for a moment. "The target you paid us to kill was the great Tony Stark, because of your deception and lies Obediah Stain, the price to kill Tony Stark has just gone up" the man with the paper said to the camera that was facing him. Now this was bringing Tony back, thats what the bright light was, and that was why one of his guns was pointed at his head and he stared right down the barrel. He watched the whole thing through and hadn't realized how tense he was until he tried moving his one hand and it cramped a little. Tony had an idea that Obediah was behind this, but didn't want to believe it, and thought that the night that he stole his arc reactor right out of his chest was a thirst for money, not his death. But it was. And now Obediah was gone for good. Tony shook his head and drug that video file right to the trash bin before it was even over. "Jarvis, Erase every last bit of data on anything to with Obediah." He said and files began to disappear just as soon as they popped up.
"Sir, what about the Jerico files?" Jarvis asked and Tony studied the files for a moment.
"Destroy em" He said and had a finger curled under his nose and his thumb under his chin in study as more files began to be erased. As he watched all the files disappear and be destroyed he began to feel the weights of everything lift off his shoulders. No more worries of being killed, for now. He knew he was in hot water now that the world knew who he was. He was Iron Man. With a weapon no one even knew could exist. Like something out of a comic book. Once people begin to realize that dreams can be made into a reality, he'll be in it even deeper. And he may have to take his suit out more than usual. And for something other than a joyride. Some serious planning needed to be done, but he figured one week of no planning or development would do anything.
"Sir, all the files have been erased." Jarvis stated and the rapid beeping and trash noises ceased.
He looked over at the time on the clock on the far wall, "Ten forty five" He said quietly, "Lets try and get some sleep. Shut down Jarvis, set up the security checks, arm it" He said and walked towards the door to head back upstairs his burnt shirt over his arm. He should have thrown it out, but never got around to it. He figured that Pepper would get to it before he even had the chance. She usually did. He could never catch her before she did something as small as that for him. Though most of the time he just made her do things, it was nice to feel a bit more independent in the sense that he could do things by himself. But the public Tony liked to come out and it was almost like he couldn't be bothered.
"Sir, security is armed and ready" Jarvis said and began to power down the main computers.
"Night Jarvis" Tony said and headed up the stairs after making sure his doors were alarmed and locked. He trotted up the stairs and found Pepper getting ready to leave, probably to go back to her apartment. Though the images of earlier probably were still playing through her mind by the look she had on her face. "I'll be fine Pepper, I can sleep by myself. No monsters in the closet." He teased and tucked his hands in his jean pockets with the burnt dress shirt over his right arm.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:51 am

I'm glad I could get your blood pumpin She smiled over to him, "You always make my blood pump. But this was different, even more frigtening than knowing your boss was lost in the desert some place for 3 months. If i had turned up and you were already gone, i wouldn't even know what to do with myself." I promise from now on, I'll let you know what goes on with this "good as i will just harang you about it, an you know how those end" She shot him a playfull smile. "And I'll pay more attention to it "Good, we dont need another episode like tonight now do we." Pepper made her way to the door, the hyrdraulics clicked and realsed the air as the door came from the pressured jam. She paused just in the door way. "Good night Tony, Dont like the reactor buzz!" she joked light heartedly, though meant it at the same time, remembering seeing him their convulsing upon his garage floor, it made her shiver to the core. No one in thier right mind needed to see that. She continued with her advance up the stairs, leaving Tony own here to do whatever he was doing.

Pepper stood at the top of the stairs, she stood there for a while before she fell to the ground. Leaning against the wall; Just at the top of the stairs; the tears began to fall hopelessly, She had no control over them as they just spilled over and ran a line down her cheek bones, leaving dark stains upon her skirt, as each one dripped from the bottom of her chin. Tony was an idiot for keeping this from her, she wouldn't have freaked out if he had just shown her, okay maybe she would have been a little scared, but she wouldn't have had to wait so long, things building up inside of her, emotions swirling around her mind, like a maelstrom. Tony was such a stubborn ass sometimes, it was like talking to a child half the time. But what she did know was, he was only trying to look out for her, to not dump too much stress upon her. It didn't matter to her, she would deal with it, she had dealt with it all for 10 years, she never complained about it, Just got on with her job so passionately.

After a few minutes, Pepper managed to collect herself; just a little, managing to stand, bar being a little wobbly at first, brushing herself of she made a stand for the kitchen, where she took the dust pan and went to clean up the glass on the floor. The glass that Tony had been holding, She hadn't noticed any blood on him, so it was more than likely an accident, caused by the battery supporting his life, short circuiting in his chest. Pepper was so use to doing stuff like this for him it almost compelled her. She cleaned up a little for him, Put stuff away, hiding any reminiscence from earlier that day. Too much had already happened, they both didn't need a constant reminder. She grabbed his suit and tie that he had worn for the press conference, putting them into their bags to take to the dry cleaning. Once satisfied with her small duties, Pepper gathered most of her belongings placing them by the door ready for her to leave. She called Happy up asking him to come and pick her up. She was just about ready, when she heard the door to the garage opening. Quickly; into the mirror, just opposite her in the hall way -she adjusted herself and made sure her eyes didnt look red, and waited for him to appear at the top of the stairs. She smiled as she saw the top of his deep brown hair coming up the stairs, it wasn't long before he was standing in the room with her. The light of the arc reactor beamed from his bare chest, causing her to stare a little at his toplessness, not helping her situation in all honesty. She had almost kissed him down in the garage, at the most vulnerable of times for the both of them. If she had kissed him, she would have been so embarrassed, possibly avoiding coming to his for work for a few days, hoping he would soon forget about it. heck he possible would just forget, thats what he as like with all those girls, he never once remember one of them, but yet he still slept around. All they wanted was his money, his fame. None of them were after his real personality, the one he always kept under wraps. At least it was working, he was still here, she didn't have to go and change the battery in his chest again, not that She wouldn't do it over and over again, knowing that it was the only way that he was staying alive. I'll be fine Pepper, I can sleep by myself. No monsters in the closet She smiled gently "I know Tony, but it dosen't mean i dont worry about you, Call me if anything happens, i'll get here as fast as i can, you know that. Sleep well" The smile widened slightly, then she grabbed the things at the door, and hustled out of his house. The cool air felt good upon her sticky skin, almost feeling as if it were washing away her troubles. she placed all the things into the back of the car, slipping in, relaxing instantly, at the cool feel of the tan leather on her bare skin. "Take me home Happy" she spoke with her eyes closed, almost ready to fall asleep, absolutely exhausted, her mentality needed the rest.

----------

The next morning Pepper headed back over to Tony's, leaving around 7 am, dropping of the suit jacket as she went. She had slept well that night, though not without that day lingering in her dreams. she arrived with just her files and laptop, having sent his suits off before heading this way. She knew he would be awake already, it would be a surprise if he wasn't or that he had actually slept that night. He was never the one for sleeping, he always had too many creations buzzing through that incredible mind of his, too even let him sleep. She headed in and made herself comfortable upon the sofa, already getting to work. There was still so much work that needed doing since Obediah left, she had double the work load, and trying to stop the weapons manufacturing, it was all having its toll on her. she sat there with an array of paper work surrounding her, laptop on her knee and the bluetooth situated back in her ear, just like the old times. Now she only needed to find Tony. She had a vague idea of where he might be. She found a place to stop working for the time being and headed down to his garage. As she got down to the door, she noticed the place was dark, not computers had been started up and the security was still activated. Odd.. maybe he was out.. but then shouldn't he have called her at least? with a sigh, she headed back up to the room. The house as eerily quiet, almost too quiet. It made her a feel little jumpy, and unbalanced.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:28 am

It was after midnight before Tony could finally fall asleep. Before he would lay there and stare at the ceiling until the early morning hours and finally his brain would just shut down and force him into a sleep that wasn't very restful. But this time, he ended up sleeping like a baby, but got hot during his slumber. And he subconsciously decided to go commando. Throughout the night he would toss, and turn but in the heaviest sleep he had gotten in a long time. Soon it was time for him to usually wake up at 6:30 but he slept right through his alarm on his clock. After fifteen minutes of beeping it just shut itself off. He was strewn out across the bed, spread-eagle with the blanket covering his body and his arms and legs sticking out on either side. Even if the blanket was a twisted mess, he was more than comfortable. He hugged the pillow over his chest while he nestled his head into another. As crazy as he looked, he never looked so peaceful when he slept. Though it was a wonder how girls could sleep with him, he takes up the whole bed. The shirt that had a hole burnt through the chest and the buttons almost welded to the shirt was on the floor under his hand, like he'd just thrown it there. A reminder of what had happened hours earlier.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 am

Pepper walked around, looking for any sign of life, nothing, everything was as she had left it last night. With a sigh, she made her way for Tony's bedroom, the last place to look. She paued with her hand on thhe oor jam, unsure of what she was about to walk in on. was it empty, or was he in their, or maybe another one of his one night stands left behind. She pushed the door open. It was still dark inside the room, Pepper moved to reach for the light, as she did, Jarvis startled her as the board display flashed up with blue lettering. "Good morning Miss.Potts" She smiled at her embarressement, jumping like that, when she knew she was not einteirly alone. The lights turned on as did Jarvis, opening the blinds at the same time. And there right in the middle of his bed, lay Tony. he looked like a baby, sprawled right out across the bed. She smiled, it was nice to actually find him asleep, so much so she wanted to leave him there. Turning the lights of, she went to head back out of the room, leaving him to wake on his own.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next