Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLO! (Again xD)

2 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

POLO! (Again xD) - Page 17 Empty Re: POLO! (Again xD)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon May 17, 2010 11:43 am

Kai released a growl of frustration, slashing his wand forward as a green glow ignited from the tip. He pointed it toward her, about to fire the spell, then suddenly doubled over with a grunt of pain, clutching his head in agony. He stumbled backward, dropping his glowng wand. The green light was instantly extinguished as it struck the ground. Kai's legs finally buckled completely, sending him sprawling to the ground. He stayed still, half wishing that death might take him in that moment, thus relieving him of the guilt that he knew would crush him the moment his blinding shock wore off. He stared blindly into the sky, his dark eyes unseeing, barely able to comprehend if it was day or night. He clenched his jaw so hard that his muscles began to twitch in protest, his teeth releasing ominous cracking sounds every so often, yet he would not relent. His long fingers twitched toward his wand, knowing that if he could only get it within his grasp, it could all be over... He would never be able to hurt anybody ever again...
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Mon May 17, 2010 11:53 am

((Sorry, I sort of went between tenses there O.o ))

I managed to haul myself onto my elbows as Kai collapsed onto the floor. I did nothing to help him, I ran a hand through my tangled hair and inhaled deeply. 'Reverse psychology.' I said simply. 'Always works.' I paused. 'Well, nearly always. Well, rarely. Well...hardly ever, but that's not the point. The point iiiiis we have you back. Which is good.' I nodded matter of factly.
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon May 17, 2010 12:19 pm

Kai chuckled feebly, jerking himself out of his trance as Sierra's words finally reached his mind, wich was still crying out in desperation fr the destruction of his soul. He slowly raised himself into a sitting position, wincing as pain rocketed through his head. "You're not... Hurt, are you?" He asked fearfully, casting a brief glance toward her. Despair and desperation were clear i his eyes, shadowed by a rare frustration that was buling swiftly as his patience began to waver. He wasn't sure how much longer he could take it... Useful... Voldemort's words had hit a nerve, even if Kai had managed to his his reaction well at the time. That was all he was... A weapon. A tool. A machine used t destroy anything an everything that defied that man... Even the people he loved. Even those people he would willingly give his life to protect...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Mon May 17, 2010 12:34 pm

I waved a hand, dismissing his worry. 'Nah, I'll live.' I knew I was lying, pain still coursed through my muscles like there was no tomorrow, but Kai had enough to worry about, never mind me. I sniffed and tried to get up, but deiced not to and flopped back down on the grass.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon May 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Kai smiled slightly, some sincerity in the gesture as relief coursed through him, weakening his limbs. He let himself flop back to the grass beside her, regarding Sierra through thoughtful eyes. "Thank you." He mumured finally, dropping his gaze away from her face as he spoke quietly. "You saved me. I don't understand how, but it worked..." He trailed off into silence, tension stiffening his muscles as his thoughts and memories distressed his mind. Finally he ganced toward her again, shifting himself back into a sitting position. "I'm worried about you. Are you sure you're uninjured? Is there not something I can do to assist you?" He asked, the formality of his tone adding to the strange detachment of his stance, seeming somewhat aloof. Kai had to distance himself... He would not let himself get any closer to Sierra. Every time he forged a friendship, it was ripped apart by death. He would not allow that to happen again. Not ever...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sat May 29, 2010 6:44 am

I shook my head. 'No, no I'm fine.' I managed to twist over onto my back and look up lazily at the sky. When was it going to end? How long would it be before either of us snapped? 'I just don't get it. He keeps attacking us, but...running. It's not like him.' I said truthfully, screwing up my eyes as the sun passed in and out of the clouds.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 30, 2010 11:53 pm

Kai glanced over at Sierra, observing her for a minute and thinking over her words, then lay back on the grass, his head rested on his folded arms as he started up at the sky. "It's very like him, actually..." Kai observed in a thoughtful, distracted tone. "Perhaps not directly, but if you think about it... He has always been one to operate from the shadows, has he not? What need has he to destroy us by his own hand when we will most likely destroy ourselves, given a bit of time an perhaps the odd push in the right direction..." He trailed off into silence, staring entranced at the paling sky overhead as dawn began to approach, sliding a blanket of silver-grey over the dark velvet of the sky, still studded by pinprick stars that gradually began to fade. "You know, I've been meaning to thank you, Sierra." Kai said suddenly, gradually easing out of his reverie enough to speak, yet leaving his eyes to linger on the sky. "You're usually quite tolerant of me. In fact, it's almost like having a friend again. It makes a nice change... Thank you." He murmured, his eyes never leaving the silver line of dawn on the horizon, his tone barely changing at all as the permanent distraction in his mind disallowed it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:51 pm

(( Wink I watched the new Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows trailer today, WOW! It. Looks. Amazing. I finished reading it for the third time yesterday too Very Happy ))

'Yeah? Well...that's alright.' I said half-heartedly, letting my eyes drift shut, letting the peaceful darkness slip over me. And yet again, for what seemed like the millionth time that day, I saw his face, pale and expressionless, and I was forced to open my eyes again. Rest failed me as I rubbed my tired eyes and gave a loud yawn.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:03 pm

((NUDGE))
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:53 am

((Haha! Go Rorah! Razz ))

"You should sleep." Kai pointed out unhelpfully, glancing briefly at Sierra. Of course, he knew that what he had suggested was not simply as easy as it sounded... "By the way, where did Rose go?" He asked with vague confusion, suddenly remembering the other girl who had been their companion of late. How long had it been...? He couldn't even remember. Time was escaping his thoughts completely, and he could not get a grip on it. All he could do was sit back and watch the sands falling through the hourglass, counting each second as the hands of a clock ticked away the time he had left to accomplish his goals...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:15 pm

I shrugged. 'I dunno where Rose went.' To be quite honest, I was too tired to even care about anything else exept sleep. I lay on my side, ignoring the pain.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Kai nodded vaguely in acceptance, then stayed silent, hoping that Sierra would get some sleep after all. He sighed softly to himself, staring around at the landscape that, by now, had become familiar. He was suprised that there was not utter destruction consuming the place... After he had been here for so long... Usually he blew things up everywhere he went, much to his own despair. But what could he do? It was outside his control... Was it even worth the effort? Sometimes he just didn't know...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:21 pm

((I'm going to cheat a little and copy your words of Kai's 'flashback', I hope you don't mind Smile I'm tired and I can't really be bothered to write it out xD I added my own bit on at the end though.))

I closed my eyes, and, ignoring the uncomfortable feeling it gave me, slowly drifted off into the black oblivion of sleep.

The woman clutched the child tightly, hey eyes streaming with tears of desperation. "Kai... Please... Why are you doing this?!" She begged, his voice cracking as he lips began to tremble. Kai fingered the silver wand lovingly, pointing it at her. She screamed and held the young girl tighter, sheilding her. The girl began to cry. Kai yelled the fatal incantation with a savage pleasure and watched the woman crumple motionless to the ground. He watched with undisguised appreciation as the girl tried in vain to wake her mother, begging her not to die, not to leave her all alone... The girl was near insane in her fear and desperation, her eyes wide and terrified as tears flowed freely from them. Kai sneered down at her, then pointed his wand at her and muttered softly, "Reducto." The girl was blown into a million pieces before his eyes, her blood spraying the walls and soaking Kai's clothes as he slowly turned to leave.

Then the image faded, a bloodstained Kai to a snake, coiling itself around the helpless image of my mother, then to his face, images flashed before me, as a blood-curdling scream sliced the air like a knife....

And suddenly the scream was my own. Sweat dripped from my skin as I staggered to my feet gasping for breath as the echo of the nightmare was still seared onto my retina. I looked at Kai in fear, repulsion as I quickly drew my wand from the waistband of my jeans and pointed it threateningly at him...
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:57 pm

((Not a problem Rorah. ^_^ *glomps* Love the post. Razz ))

Kai jerked his head up in surprise as Sierra scrambled to her feet. At first he was worried, almost fearful, but once he realised what she was doing he calmed down instantly. She had her wand pointing at him... Kai's muscles relaxed, and he smiled placidly up at her, an expression of polite confusion on his face. The temptation to simply let her kill him there and then was inconceivably great, and it took all Kai's willpower to resist it... The only thing that made him manage it, was the knowledge that he had to. If he let her kill him, she would have to live with that guilt... He knew that pain only too well. He wouldn't let her go through the same thing, even if it cost him his death, which in some ways, seemed more important than his life to him. He grasped his silver wand in his hand, ready to defend himself... Defend himself, to save her soul. Once again, Kai was thinking 10 steps ahead. To let her kill him now would be pure selfishness... He would encounter sweet relief... She would encounter doom and gloom... And life. He could not allow that to happen. He had to live on... Live on, to die another day. Kougu's expression remained the same throughout all his thoughts, politely puzzled, waiting patiently for Sierra to explain... "Are you all right?" He asked gently, a comforting warmth seeping through his soothing tone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:18 pm

my hand trembled slightly as I clutched the wand tightly. 'You-' words failed me as what seemed like a threat melted in my throat. I noticed that he had calmly drawn his wand, ready. How I had seen that vision was beyond my knowledge, but for all I knew it could have been false. It had shaken me nevertheless. I did not move.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 pm

"Sierra, it's all right." Kai assured her gently, still not leaving his spot. He remained still and calm, every muscle in his body completely relaxed, yet his senses alert for an incoming attack. He was fully aware of everything going on around him, yet he showed no hint of threat or intimidation. "What's the matter?" Kai asked softly, still speaking in the same soothing tone. "If you are willing to talk to me, perhaps I can help." he offered kindly, forcing a slight smile to his lips.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Tears came to my eyes before I could stop them. I shook my head, locking my jaw firmly in place. 'You monster.' I breathed, loud enough for him to hear.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Kai pondered over this for a moment, tapping his chin thoughtfully. As usual, he did not let the words bother him, though he did find he was worrying more and more about Sierra by the second. "You are probably right with that accusation..." Kai admitted reluctantly, "But right now I just want to help..." He added hopefully, confusion settling deep into his mind even as he spoke. What on earth was going on...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:46 pm

'And I don't suppose you had her best interests in mind when you blew her apart did you?' I asked, my voice rising, breaking.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:45 pm

"W-what?" Kougu stuttered, his eyes widening in shock as sudden memories flashed through his mind. Did she know...? No, she didn't. She couldn't... Could she? Soul consuming pain tugged at Kougu's heart at the memories, yet he pushed it away, determined not to show his emotions. "What are you talking about?" He asked calmly, all warmth sapped from his voice t leave it dangerously icy, despite his best efforts. If she did know, somehow, then he would have some explaining to do... Only she would never believe him. Then what was he to do...? Escape? But how...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:30 am

I narrowed my eyes and looked him up and down. 'Don't pretend, Kai. I don't suppose you had much heart for a woman and her little girl who were terrified of the person that would end both their lives.'
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:03 am

"Wha-" Kai broke off, lapsing into silence. It would do no good to pretend about something that caused him such obvious pain... Besides, he was a terrible liar. Perhaps it was time to come clean, for better or for worse. He doubted that Sierra would believe him... But what other options did he have? "H-How do you know?" He stammered uncertainly. A mere shadow of his pain managed to leak through his expression, and that alone was inconceivably pitiful. The remorse he felt... The guilt... The grief... It was unlike anything else. Something he could never, ever overcome... Never forgive himself for. Suddenly, it became far more difficult to cling to the desire to defend himself. His willpower was wilting beneath the crushing weight of despair...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:36 am

'I don't. But Voldemort does.' I snapped. 'Obviously you've been in his good books all along haven't you? Waiting to finish anyone off that would stand in his way, or pose a threat? I suppose you've been waiting to kill me!' I shouted. 'I thought-' My voice was barley more than a whisper. 'I thought I trusted you.'

((WHOOT! Rorah's 1,000th post!))
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:34 am

"Yes... I suppose he would, wouldn't he?" Kai muttered softly in response. "Look, Sierra, I don't like having my secrets spilled. I don't like reliving my past... None of us do." He sighed softly, then forced himself to look up at her. "I thought you trusted me, too." Me murmured quietly, looking her directly in the eye. "Apparently I was wrong, if you instantly consider me guilty." At those words, Kougu felt his willpower ebb away completely. He dropped his wand and raised his hands, proving that he was unarmed. If she wanted to kill him now, she could go ahead. He couldn't take it any more, anyway... He had thought she trusted him, but it seemed she had no faith in him after all. That stung... It sapped the fight clean out of him. A deep despondency settled over him, so intense that he barely felt the grief and remorse for the loss of his family. It was blissful, in a painful, depressing sort of way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:57 am

I continued to stare at Kai for a while, rage fizzing up inside of me, but I fought it down. With a loud, frustrated groan, I stalked off, my hand still clamped down over my wand. I approached an oak tree and leant against it.

[i]Of course none of us like having our secrets spilled, but I can't help that if Voldemort wants to see i-[i]

My angry thoughts were contorted by a sudden realisation.

'Oh, Sierra you idiot.' I banged my forehead against the trunk. I slid down the trunk so I was sitting.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next