Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Middy and Polo RP ;)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another Middy and Polo RP ;) - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Middy and Polo RP ;)

Post  Middy Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Ty seemed suprised to see me. Replying to my question, he wrote one word: Out. Suddenly, we both heard foorsteps. I felt alarmed, but stayed frozen to the spot. Tyson scribbled something down in record time, thrusting it into my hands. The ink was smudged and the words were untidy; I was barely able to read it. I’d feel honoured to hear that story, some time. Nobody ever wanted to hear that story, or any story from me for that matter. I was suprised to think that Tyson, of all people, would be one to care... I peered around the corner, seeing Tyson locking himself into a storage room. I only had a moment to wonder what he was doing when the nurse was upon me. "Have you seen a young male, dark hair, called Tyson?" She sounded thorughly winded. I pretended to be thoughtful for a moment, then glared. "Silly teenager. Saw him take the elevator, saying he was headed to the top level." The nurse took off angrily, heading into the nearest elevator. I was relieved that I hadn't been caught; they must have just thought I was another visitor. I looked around quickly, only to see another lady rushing up to me. "Have you seen a young man by the name Tyson Retisant?" She asked me. I merely nodded, pointing to the elevator. She smiled sweetly in thanks before heading up. Finally, I was sure there was nobody around. I headed up to the storage room, knocking on it softly. "Tyson? Are you there?" There was no answer. I heard footsteps, but I was too late. The doctor's eyes narrowed. "Why are you trying to get in there?" I played dumb. "Isn't this room 110?" I asked. The doctor rolled her eyes. "Room 110 is a storage room." With that, she headed off, going around the corner. I let out a breath I hadn;t known I had been holding in. "Tyson!" Dead silence. My face grew pale as I grabbed a bobby pin from my hair. It worked on movies, didn't it? I twisted it in the lock anxiously, each time failing. Miraculously, the door opened and I gasped. Ty was on the floor, crimson liquid leaking through his clothes where his wound was. A nurse came from behind me and gasped. "We'll have to get him back to his room. He's been losing too much blood." Silently, she took his head and I took his feet. I knew Tyson would probably be upset when he woke up to be back in that dreaded room. He was fairly light, and we soon had him back in his hospital bed. "Who are you?" She asked. "A friend," I said quickly, hoping no other questions would be asked. I headed out of the room to wait in the hallway, sinking into a nearby chair. This was turning out to be quite the day...

Middy

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:24 pm

((Excuse the length. Razz ))

Tyson heard voices on the other side of the door, and he felt an unexpected flash of gratitude as he heard Ada cover for him. She was a quick and smart liar… Well, more like twisting the truth, even. He was beginning to see how she might have survived in ‘his world’ before… She was tougher than she looked.
So tired…
Tyson’s eyes slipped closed, and he was just beginning to drift off when a soft knocking caught his attention, followed by the sound of his name being called. He wanted to answer, but of course he could not speak… He considered knocking back, but leaning toward the door seemed like so much effort…
By the time the door sprung open, Tyson was feeling so delirious that he was not even surprised. He responded by blinking mildly at Ada and the nurse, his usual dull expression on his face, then consciousness began slipping from him. The last thing he remembered was the feeling of his head being lifted off the ground, followed by his feet – then the awkward, weightless feeling of being carried.

It did not take too long for Tyson to wake up. His wound had been stitched again, and carefully rebandaged, and it seemed this time the nurses had taken the time to jab him with some sort of tranquilizer – for he felt weak and tired.
Certainly, he had no hope of making another bid for freedom. Perhaps he’d tried too soon the first time… He had overdone it before.
Before…
That was right, Ada had helped him. He was grateful.
Tyson glanced carefully around his room, then peered through the big glass window into the corridor outside. He could see Ada sitting there… He had to thank her. His pride would not allow him to just let it go… Ty gnawed on his lip, then slowly pushed himself into a sitting position. Waves of dizziness crashed over him, and he soon decided that walking over to Ada would be a bad idea. Instead, he ripped a page from his notebook, and wrote a single word. Then he paused for a moment, and scribbled something beside it.

Thanks. Smile

He folded the little sheet of paper into a plane, then tossed it lightly, watching it soar gracefully through the air – then come to a rather inelegant crash landing in the middle of the corridor outside.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Middy Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:57 pm

I had only been sitting there for a few minutes when I decided to go check in on Jake once more. When I came to do his door, there was nobody there. Jake was in his bed, sleeping quietly. I thought of how peaceful he looked when he was sleeping. So innocent and silent. I stayed there for only a minute, not going in for fear of being caught or waking him. When I got back, I was starting to pick on a magazine on the table beside me when something came flying into the hallway. I glanced at it, and realized it was a folded up airplane. Getting up quickly, I picked it up and headed back to my seat. I already knew it was from Tyson. I peered through the window, seeing him sitting up in bed. Finally, I unfolded the airplane and read the short note: Thanks. There was also a little smiley face beside it. I knew he must be pretty grateful. I decided to head in, my steps hesitant. "Are you alright?" I asked softly, taking a seat beside his bed. He had a new bandage, and appeared drowsy. There were no nurses or doctors in sight. I wondered how I was going to help him get out of this mess, along with myself. And what would happen with my little brother, Jake? Was he paid for? How would I get him out when he was feeling better? I sure didn't want him to wind up at some foster home; I might never find him then, and even if I did there would be lots of paperwork to adopt him. I submerged from my thoughts, turning to Tyson. "Do you know how much longer you'll have to stay here?" I asked him. I wondered if it would be days, hours, or mere minutes. I had no idea what had happened to him, and therefore I did not know how bad his wounds were...

Middy

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:37 pm

Ty looked up as he heard footsteps, seeming mildly pleased when he noticed Ada walking in. She came over to the side of his bed, and asked quietly if he was all right. Tyson nodded slowly in response, contemplating even as he answered. He was all right, wasn’t he…? Yes – other than feeling tired, he was fine, and he was pretty sure the nurses had done that to him, anyway.
"Do you know how much longer you'll have to stay here?"
Ada’s question rang distantly through his mind, and with an effort Tyson dragged himself back to the present.
Gnawing on his lip thoughtfully, he snatched up his paper and pen and rapidly scribbled a neat note.
I’d walk out right now if the hadn’t drugged me up to my eyeballs.
Tyson realised that his response did not completely answer the question, and this irritated him slightly, but he also realised that it was blunt and true, which pleased him, so in the end Tyson was satisfied.
He watched Ada for a moment – truly noting for the first time the exotic colour of her eyes. They were violet… Literally, violet.
He had heard something about that once when he was younger… His father had returned from an expedition, and told him about it… How he’d met a tribe of people native to the strange land, and their shaman’s eyes had been a vibrant shade of violet. He had researched it, and learned that it was due to some form of disease, or disorder. Ty hadn’t fully understood at the time, and he still didn’t now, but he remembered it was though it were yesterday. What had his father said…? Alice’s Germination? No, that wasn’t it… Allison’s Genetics? No, no, definitely not… Alexandria's Genesis! Yes, that was it!
Feeling mildly pleased with himself for remembering this snippet of information from his well-educated days, Ty decided to do do something rare. He made a comment, without being asked a question that lead to it.

Your eyes… He wrote carefully, pausing a moment before going on. They’re amazing. Not contacts. He paused and thought for a moment then, looking back at Ada’s eyes. He shook his head. Definitely not contacts… Do you have Alexandria's Genesis?
He blinked curiously at her – his intentions purely innocent. For some reason, this topic fascinated him like nothing else had seemed to. It reminded him of his father…

Back to top Go down

Post  Middy Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:02 pm

He gave a slow nod to my first question and gnawed his lip before writing his answer to my second question.
I’d walk out right now if the hadn’t drugged me up to my eyeballs.
I noticed how neat his writing was, and knew I could never write so neat. Though I was guessing he had been practicing for a while. This also made me wonder why he always wrote things. Had he ever been taught to speak? It seemed unlikely that he had not. I knew he wasn't deaf, for he answered all of my questions and recognized sounds; I figured I could have to ask him sometime. Tyson was looking at my intently, like he was trying to figure something out. Then, he appeared pleased and began to write me a note.
Your eyes… He wrote, seeming careful. I immediatley glanced down. He seemed to be recognizing them for the first time, which suprised me. I knew he didn't pay attention to many things, but I was suprised he had missed my eyes... I could be in a freak show, for heaven's sake! Or at least, that was what I had always been told, always believed... for it was true. Wasn't it? Tyson began to write more. They’re amazing. Not contacts. I nodded, blushing slightly. "Thanks..." I mumured. A compliment? That was a first...
Do you have Alexandria's Genesis?
I read the note over. Alexandria's Genesis was barely known about; how could he know about it? I smiled and nodded. "Yes," I said. "I was diagnosed with it when I was a baby. Scared the doctors when they first saw me." I had been different, and humans were not used to things being different than they were used to. Especially when that thing was purple eyes.

Middy

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Tyson was slightly surprised at first when Ada thanked him, for he could not work out why. So he simply stared dully at her, blinking placidly and waiting for her to say something he could comprehend enough to respond to. And then she did.
"I was diagnosed with it when I was a baby. Scared the doctors when they first saw me."
Ty nodded understandingly – placing himself in the doctors’ shoes. Well, he was not particularly judgmental, nor easy to scare in the first place, but he was certain that he would at least be surprised. It was simply human nature…
Ty clicked his pen, then sketched another note in response.
My father met a man with Alexandria’s Genesis once. His tribe thought it was the mark of God – the ‘choosing sign’ – and they made him Shaman. A medicine man, healer. He died, though. I don’t remember how… Maybe a lion.
The note took up two pages, and Tyson was somewhat surprised at how ‘talkative’ he was being, especially since there had been no need for him to write that… But he had been offered something like a window to his past, and he was doing his best to recapture it while it lasted. His father had always come home with great stories. They had looked forward to him coming home, so they hadn’t minded much when he went away… Except mother. She always worried, but he and Lizzie had been too young to worry.
Then one day he hadn’t come back, and everything had gone downhill from there…
Ty sighed softly, then laid pen to paper again and shifted the topic slightly.
It must be tough. People nowadays fear aberrations. I would know.
Ty paused a moment, then realised she might not know what he was talking about, and added a sub note.
People expect me to speak.
He watched Ada for a while. Studying her. Taking note of things he hadn’t bothered looking at before. Ahe was quite pretty - Not that he cared – with her tall, slender build and glossy blonde hair.
He wondered where the dog was, and supposed that it was probably back at the house, since it wouldn’t be allowed in the hospital.
It was a good dog.
A good dog…
Ty felt himself begin to get drowsy, and was forced to stifle a yawn. He wanted to go…

Back to top Go down

Post  Middy Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Tyson nodded in understanding, and began to write something.
My father met a man with Alexandria’s Genesis once. His tribe thought it was the mark of God – the ‘choosing sign’ – and they made him Shaman. A medicine man, healer. He died, though. I don’t remember how… Maybe a lion.
His note was longer than usual, taking up two pages. I was a bit suprised, but the information was interesting. I sure wasn't treated like I had "the mark of god". I imagined how different things would be then. And how I probsbly wouldn't be here right now if that had happened...
It must be tough. People nowadays fear aberrations. I would know.
I was a bit confused, but unsure if he was going to give an explaination, I just nodded. But sure enough, he added a sub note.
People expect me to speak.
My question from earlier came back to me. "That makes me wonder," I started out. "Why - I mean, can you - why don't you speak?" I stammered a bit, unsure of how to put it. I looked at him curiously, hoping he would answer.
Suddenly, I noticed he was looking very tired. "We can talk later," I said. "You should probably rest..." I said, starting to back out of the room.

Middy

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Ty was faintly surprised by Ada’s question, but he showed no indication of it. It souldn’t really be surprising after all… People were always curious as to why he would not speak.
He hesitated a while, clicking his pen thoughtfully, then began writing his response.

I am capable of speech, but-
He stopped writing as Ada spoke again, looking attentively toward her. Then her words sunk in, and the sinking sensation soon continued with Tyson’s spirits. Much as he despised admitting it, he had been enjoying the company. It made a welcome change to hold a conversation with somebody educated and intelligent… If this could be considered a conversation.
Ada began backing toward the door, and Ty sighed softly. He had already wasted enough of her time, of course she should want to get away. Who was he kidding, thinking she’d just drop everything to sit around and exchange idle conversation with him? What made him think he was that important?! When it all came down to it, he was really just another nobody.
Drawing in a deep breath, Ty hid his disappointment and nodded in simple acceptance in response to Ada’s comment. He flipped his notebook closed, his final answer remaining incomplete, and turned to stare out of the opposite window, counting how many birds flew by in a minute. There were not many… It was dull.
Tyson yawned again, feeling his eyelids droop heaily. Ada had been right in saying he needed rest… But he wanted freedom more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Middy Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Tyson had started to write, and I felt very interested in finiding out what it was. But he was tired, and probably wanted to rest. "I'll just be outside the door, or visiting my brother," I said, watching as his eyes closed. I finally slipped out of the room, staring at the paper he had given me earlier and I had left on the table.
Thanks. Smile
For some reason, that letter made me feel very good.

[I'm not really getting anywhere, so I think I'll just skip a bit if you don't mind ^_^]

It had been an hour, and I was beginning to get restless. I had been around the hospital quite a few times, and gotten two drinks at the vending machine, even checked on my brother a few times. So I headed in and sat down quietly in a chair beside Tyson, looking at his wound. I still didn't know what had happened, and I was so full of questions. I glanced at his notebook. I am capable of speech, but Was how far he had gotten before I had insisted he rest a bit, for he looked tired. I felt akward, watching his sleep, so I said hesitantly, "Tyson?" I hated to wake him, and I felt very guilty doing so, but I couldn't help it. It was all I could do to keep from dying from boredom. "You are capable of speech, but what?" I was pushing, and I knew it. I sighed softly, hoping he was a very sound sleeper...

Middy

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:52 pm

As though from a distance, Tyson heard the sound of his name, and he slipped placidly into wakefulness. He exhaled quietly, drawing out a lengthy sigh, before slowly pushing himself into a sitting position, rubbing his eyes groggily with his fists. So… She wanted to know more after all. For some reason, this thought made him glad.

Tyson nearly smiled as he reached out and retrieved his pen and notepad. He gripped the pen lighly, and a soft scratching sound escaped its nib as it danced over the page.
Presently, he continued with his explanation.

I made a pact of silence. I vowed never to speak again until I had found my father. He was an explorer, but many years ago something went wrong on an expedition and his entire crew was lost.
I know he’s out there, somewhere… I’ll find him.

Ty placed his pen down determinedly, and took to staring out or the window again, as though daring the world to defy him.

((Sorry it’s so bad and short, but I could barely string two words together since I was SO tired… Still am…))

Back to top Go down

Post  Middy Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:30 am

I made a pact of silence. I vowed never to speak again until I had found my father. He was an explorer, but many years ago something went wrong on an expedition and his entire crew was lost.
I know he’s out there, somewhere…
I’ll find him.

I found Tyson's story very interesting, and I knew he was determined to find his father. I nodded, not sure what to say. Suddenly, a nurse walked in and began to scold Tyson. "Lay down. You should be resting." She said, checking his wound and making sure he hadn't ripped out the IV again. She took me for a minute and said, "It's not visiting time. But I'll let you stay as long as you keep an eye on him and make sure he doesen't do anything stupid." I nodded in agreement, knowing he wouldn't do anything "stupid", anyways. I sat back down, watching Tyson stare out the window.
"Did you want anything? A drink? Some food?" I offered, knowing I could take a run to the cafeteria if he wanted me to. I still had a few dollars in my pocket...

[Very bad, lost my muse 0.0 I must find it! *Searches*]

Middy

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:51 am

Tyson fixed the nurse with a dull glare as she fussed about him. How often had he been treated like a dumb beast, simply because he did not speak… Okay, so technically that did make him a dumb beast, in a way, but his intelligence was no less than any other human. The nurse didn’t need to talk about him as though he wasn’t there…
Tyson frowned slightly, then shrugged it off and took to watching Ada as the nurse finished off her little mission. Why… Why was Ada being so good to him? He didn’t get it. Not at all… Ty’s frown deepened.

Then Ada offered him some food and drink, and Ty blinked in surprise. He was tempted to accept, but he knew it would be wrong, so he simple blinked gratefully at Ada, but shook his head politely – declining the offer.

He stared thoughtfully past her into the corridor for a minute, then slowly picked up his pen and notebook. He fingered the pen hesitantly, then clicked it decisively and put it to paper.
Ada, why are you doing this?
I was going to steal from you. I certainly don’t deserve your kindness.
So, why?

As usual, Ty’s question was blunt and direct. He fixed her with an intent gaze, sharply focused and awaiting an answer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Middy Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:08 pm

I shook my head, shrugging helplessly. "I have to go. Max will tear the house apart. But I'll be back." I promised, heading out. I smiled slightly, waving as I left. I peered in on my brother was more, who was still sleeping soundly. I watched him, staying for an extra moment as I watched him. I didn't realize I was crying until I felt the warm streaks on my face. Silent tears, ones that attacked you when you least expected it. I wiped my face and headed out of the hospital, walking quickly as I crossed the road and walked down the familiar sidewalk. Suddenly, I heard a sound; hurried footsteps, brushing against something. A chill ran up my spine, as I walked quickly past some alleys. I heard some whispers, and began to run - right into a trap. A person stepped out of one of they alleys, grabbing me and clasping a handover my mouth as he or she dragged me into the alley. "I got her!" A masculine voice called out. I tried to scream, but could not. So I bit the person. "Ow! They bit me!" He complained. Soon, I was surrounded by many. Something foul was put over my eyes. The hand remained on my mouth, and I couldn't bite it because of the way I was being held. I winced as ropes were tied around me tightly, surely leaving marks. I didn't know what they wanted, or why I was here; but I had to get away. I tried to wriggle and bite my way free, but it was no use. I froze when I felt cold metal on my head, surely the side of a knife or a gun. I knew I had been captured by some sort of gang; but why? "Just give it up, Mila." Mila? I wasn't Mila! Had I been mistaken for someone else? This would have to be a pretty stupid gang... I tried to bite again, and I was allowed to speak. "I'm not Mila! I don't know why she is, or what she's done. Let me go!" My plea was weak, and I knew they would never believe me. They laughed harshly. "Well, whoever you are, we definitley ain't letting you go 'til Stix gets here. Right, guys?" There were murmurs of agreement. I sighed softly. "This 'Stix' will know that you're really dumb when he sees that you've got the wrong girl." I said, hoping I was getting somewhere. Instead, I felt a slap on my face. "Are you calling me stupid?" One guy said angrily. I sighed softly, saying nothing. I didn't know how I would get out of this mess...

Middy

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Tyson nodded in acceptance in response to Ada’s words, and turned away as she left. He was somewhat insulted that she had avoided his question – but he soon convinced himself that it didn’t really bother him, and it was with that decision that he stuck.
He heaved a heavy sigh, then slumped back in the bed – feeling the emptiness of the cold hospital room more than ever. It was cozier and more comfortable than what he was used to… Yet somehow it seemed lonelier, too. Strange, really… He didn’t usually get lonely, since he was naturally a ‘loner’.
Ty yawned and scratched his cheek, examining the room in a bored fashion. This tedious time killer went on for a while, until finally a nurse entered, and informed him that he was dismissed.
Instantly, Tyson’s trademark dull expression brightened, and he bounced eagerly out of bed and trotted quickly to the hospital bathroom – deciding to make the most of his visit with a nice warm shower.

A short while later, Tyson emerged from the bathroom – knotting a worn strand of soft leather around the damp end of his neat, black braid. He felt pleasantly refreshes – and well ready to bust out of hospital.
He proceeded with confidence: Not trying anything flashy or daring, but simply merging with the crowds of people and letting himself be swept unnoticeably toward the door. He managed to slip out without causing any ruckus, and thus remained undetected.
A faintly pleased smirk crossed his lips as Tyson strolled smugly through the parking lot – heading away from the hospital cleaner than he had come, and with a free bandage wrapped around his midriff.
They were suckers, really… To have been fooled so easily. Not that he cared, in any case.

Presently, thoughts of Ada entered Ty’s mind, and he knew that his conscience would allow him no rest until he had thanked her appropriately. He heaved a weary sigh, then dragged himself back toward her house – this time with no intention of breaking in. He’d simply knock on the door, like any normal person…
But Tyson never reached the house.
On the way there, he caught a glimpse of Stix stalking toward a dark alleyway – a troublemaker if ever he’d seen one – and Tyson decided to follow him. He had business with Stix… He wasn’t going to live fearing he’d have a dagger twisting in his side every time he closed his eyes. No – he would earn Stix’s respect, be it through pleasantries or hostilities… Whatever it took.

So Tyson followed Stix around the corner, and was terribly surprised to see Ada there – held by the gang! He clapped a hand over his own mouth to smother a gasp of surprise, and quickly flattened his back against the wall behind him, his heart pounding. He had to do something to get her out of there… But what?! He couldn’t risk endangering his own quiet lifestyle… He kept out of trouble, and that was the only way he survived.

Tyson bit back a snarl of frustration as he peered around the corner toward the gang. Then he saw Stix take out a knife and hold it to Ada’s throat, and that was enough for him. He owed Ada. His pride would not forgive him if he watched her get gutted like a pig. And what was life without pride, really?
Expressionless, Ty forsook his hiding spot and strolled confidently into the dark alleyway. He stopped behind Stix and tapped him pointedly on the shoulder. When he turned, Ty did not miss a beat – but simply sunk his fist abruptly into Stix’s dirty, stubbled face. Blood spurted from each nostril as Stix was thrown to the ground with surprising force, coughing, spluttering ad writhing in pain. Ty shook the soreness from his hand, then extricated the blindfolded Ada from the shocked, open-mouthed gang, who seemed to have lost the ability to think with their leader down.
He took Ada’s arm, and began dragging her unceremoniously away. If they were lucky, very lucky, the stupid gang would not even notice them leaving.
Somehow, Tyson doubted that would be the case… Either way, there would be ramifications for this later.

He had punched Stix.
Nobody punched Stix.

Back to top Go down

Post  Middy Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:26 pm

Suddenly, I heard a thud and a few gasps. Whatever had been against me was removed, and I could hear coughing and sputtering. "What's going on?" I called out to the darkness, but got no reply as I felt myself suddenly being dragged. "Hey! What are you doing?" Where were these idiots trying to take me now? I sighed softly, and allowed myself to be dragged. I could hear shouts, and running. I felt myself being grabbed, and suddenly I became the toy in a game of tug of war. "You'd better drop her right now, Ty," I heard a threaten. Ty? Was it possible that he had escaped from the hospital and was trying to help me? He didn't seem to care about much, so I wasn't sure what to think. I knew better than to be quick to trust anyone, because they might turn on you in the blink of an eye... I shook my head, confused. I hated this blindfold. I barely knew anything. "Ty?" I called out hesitantly. There had been silence for a moment. I began to get nervous, and began to squirm. I hit my head on something hard, and suddenly all went black.

[ I have no muse whatsoever -_- And if I go in any further, it will be very hard for you to make sense of... Razz]

Middy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2