Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing Our Best.

2 posters

Go down

Doing Our Best. Empty Doing Our Best.

Post  missesMoo Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Simone's ears twitched. I watched as his sandpaper mane whispered to me. "They're out there."
I knew we had to go. I grabbed my old leather bridle (trusty in it's 10 years of life) and a dandy brush. After a quick brush over, his sleek dapple dun back was debris-free. The bridle was on and the reins came over his head. I mounted with one quick hop, and headed to the entrance of the barn to alert the people that I was going on a trail ride. As they said okay, I grabbed a rope halter and lead.

I am Remi Elderflower. Age 17, with brown hair and red highlights (natural) My eyes- green and blue. They change every few days, green to blue to gray. I'm 5'7. Some hate being tall, I say, "hey. it lets me see the world in a new view." I have a gelding, he's a mustang. He was once wild. I adopted him as a foal, as he was orphaned. Six years later, my family and our barn workers do the same at auctions. I keep telling them that we need to go out ourselves, skip the auctions, but no one agrees. I can do this myself with no help, except maybe one friend.

missesMoo

Back to top Go down

Doing Our Best. Empty Re: Doing Our Best.

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:19 pm

Character:

Name: Sloan Terse
Appearance: A link, because I'm always WAY too lazy to come up with a new character... XD

Sloan was slumped over in his saddle. He was barely conscious - but his firm seat and long stirrups held him in place. His mare - A trusty black thoroughbred by the name of Poison Dart - plodded smoothly onwards, snorting nervously at every strange sound - her dainty black ears flicking back and forth. She lifted her slender legs high, flicking her little hooves over the long grass and walking as though on springs. She could sense that something was the matter with her rider. She'd not had a command from him in quite some time, and she felt scared and alone without his guidance. So she did all she knew how - She followed her instinct, and continued on the path Sloan had set out on.
Presently, Sloan stirred, groaning slightly. His eyes flickered open, and he saw the sweat glistening on Dart's shoulder, and the grass passing by underneath. He felt dizzy and nauseous, and every inch of him ached. It had been days since he'd left home - perhaps weeks now... He'd lost count...
Sloan's vision faded, and his thoughts were snatched away from him as consciousness left him once more.
Dart snorted in alarm upon feeling her rider go limp in the saddle, scuttling nervously to one side, then tentatively continuing onwards.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  missesMoo Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:38 pm

I let Simone take me through the land, for he knew the terrain better that I did. He knew where to go, I just sat, occasionally telling him to veer right or scooch left. When we came upon Sloan, I could tell that we arrived just in time. He was relatively unconscious, and something was horribly wrong. I sent Simone over right next to Dart (ooc- what's her nickname?) and gave Sloan the support of my small body. He was weak, barely breathing. I put the spare halter I brought on the mare, just in case. We needed to get home fast, and I let Simone take the lead while I gave all of my strength to supporting Sloan.

missesMoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Sloan grunted as he felt something brush against his side - heaving himself back to consciousness with a grimace. He straightened slowly - swaying in the saddle, and squinted at the hazy form of the girl and her horse beside him. "Wha-" He broke off, blinking groggily, and willing his eyes to focus. "Easy..." He murmured, and Dart came to a halt with a snort, standing solidly now, and arching her neck - fully confident with Sloan back in control. "Wh- Who are you...?" He asked weakly - squinting at the girl, and still swaying slightly as dizziness washed over him.
He felt terribly lightheaded... He'd not had anything to eat or drink in days, and the harsh elements had drained his health, and spiked his fever to the point that it brought about the delirium he now faced.

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum