Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afiria and I!!

2 posters

Go down

Afiria and I!! Empty Afiria and I!!

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Whew! Are you ready for this??
My character will blow your mind....
We already know the very undefined plot, correct?

Jed Walker
Jed is your typical, run of the mill farm boy. He's a slow talker with a thick southern accent, and is usually accessorized by a holey cap and equipped with a patched shirt and patched up pants. He is usually barefoot, aside from the winter. He has dark, wavy hair which accents his sky-blue eyes with a circle of silver/grey around the pupil perfectly. His skin is sun kissed and accented with freckles, which splash across his cheeks and bridge of his nose. He's fairly laid back, and agreeable.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Afiria and I!! Empty Re: Afiria and I!!

Post  Afiria Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Yep, I think I get the basic plot. :3 I hope the bio is okay~

Serenity-Grace Adeline
Age 16
Serenity was part of a wealthy family, known for being one of the most ‘wealthy’ of that time. Though her parents lost all money when the stocks failed and all banks lost money. Now she is just barely getting by, and her family is hard to manage with her younger sister getting all the attention.
She is usually seen wearing the casual 1930’s style dresses. She had golden ear rings, and dark black hair. Her navy blue eyes compliment and stand out against her pale skin and thin figure. She is normally nice, but had recently been just one greedy little thing and usually looks down upon those whom are of lower class of her.
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:14 pm

Awesome character ^^ I'll start us off;)

The sun was just rising, but Jed was already out and about. He was out in the barn, milking their single cow. His family had to sell the rest, along with most of their other animals. The harvest had brought in a nice price, but things were still tough. Of course, that's how a farm family's life was even before the stocks had crashed. He began daydreaming, wondering about flying and the airplanes he had seen in the papers. Suddenly, something was seeping into his thread bare socks and shoes.
"Argh!" He jumped up, almost knocking over the milk bucket. He had accidentally squirted milk all over his shoe. Grumbling, Jed patted the cow, which turned and looked at him with blank brown eyes. He chuckled and picked up the milk bucket, lugging back to the house.
"Oy! Jed! Git in her'!" He heard from the kitchen, and banged the screen door behind him.
"What, Milo?" He said as he went inside. His eyes fixated on the small, willowy blonde boy sitting on the counter. Milo and Jed were quite opposite for twins. Where Jed was tall, Milo was short. Jed had dark hair, Milo had blonde. Jed had blue eyes, Milo had brown. Jed was tan, Milo was pale. They got along dandy though.
"Have ya seen the bowls? I can't find them." Milo complained, opening the cabinet and pointing to it's emptiness for emphasis.
"No, I have no idea where they are."
"Well, go and get some then."
Jed rolled his eyes and grabbed a few extra dollars from the rainy day cash. He headed outside and grabbed his bicycle. Just because they were poor didn't mean they were broke, both he and his brother had bikes. He rode it down the dirt path towards town, daydreaming again. He kept going straight, or at least he thought he was. Honestly he had no idea where he was going.

(that was crappy, but my brain is fried. Hopefully they'll get better -_-)
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Afiria Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:55 pm

(Crappy?! You did better than what I could do. I hope to match your level :l )

The slow morning sun started perking into the small townhouse on a corner of the street. Many people were already out in the area of town she lived in, the streets were always busy. Bedroom door flying open, a small girl of only 8, black hair and almost black eyes ran into the room. Serenity had been mildly asleep, but as soon as the door crashed against the wall, her dark blue eyes popped wide open and body shot up from the bed. Slowly looking over at the small girl that ran into the room, her tired face soon turned into a scowl.
“What do ya want? It’s to early Janette.” Serenity spoke, snapping at the young girl. Turning her body, she got out of the bed, slipping on the dirty socks from the day before. It disgusted Serenity at how dirty her house was now, since the stock market crashed.
“Momma said you gotta get groceries.” The small girl giggled some, dark eyes setting on Serenity. Small arm pointing to the front door, the small girl grinned,
“She said you gotta go now before it gets late.” The little girl was almost rubbing it in that Serenity had to leave the house.
Letting out an exasperated sigh, Serenity quickly got changed into her usual blue and white checkered dress. It was getting small on her, but it was one of the few things she could wear. Dragging feet, she slowly made her way into the dining area and got the money and list from her mother.
“Now, get this and only this, no sneaking anything for you or Janette, Serenity.” Her mother lectured before sending Serenity out of the door. A small scowl spreading across her face, Serenity made her way down the some what busy streets, she didn't even walk on the sidewalks, trying to completely avoid the crowds, and making her way towards the stalls that usually sold produce close to the farmlands. Her mind wandered as she walked, wishing that her life was back to normal and she didn’t have to be living a dirty life anymore.
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:09 pm

(match my level? Bahahahah! That was great! You're fantastic!)

Jed pedaled his back lazily along, and realized he was swerving. He snapped out of his daydream and pulled his bike back onto the right path. However, there was a blue and white shape walking along ahead of him. Jed tried to slow down, but to no avail.
"Watch out!" He yelled at the figure ahead, before he took a leap off of his bike and tumbled into the grass in a heap. Dust flew all about, and his bike crashed only a few feet from the person. He looked up and noticed it was a girl.
"Oh, gosh. I'm sorry, I had no idea you were there...did I hit you? You can hit me if I did, I'm awful sorry, I really didn't mean to." He babbled, scrambling up. He plopped his hat on his head and fixed it. "You okay?" He finally asked, arching an eyebrow. He didn't grab his bike, because he wanted to be sure the girl was alright first.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Afiria Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:26 pm

(Thanks, I try my best, though I have so many different ways to roleplay.)

Serenity was walking a steady pace, eyes locked onto the ground and her feet as she moved, she knew where she was heading, but it wasn’t until she heard someone yell that she broke her gaze from the grey concrete and look up to see something jump off of a bike.
She didn’t realize the bike was coming right after her. Stumbling to get out of the way, she tripped over her own feet, falling to the concrete and watching as the bike skidded to a stop a mere few feet away from her. Shaking her head, Serenity’s eyes scanned the area and finally saw who was speaking. Eyes laying on the boy, it was clear to her he worked at one of the farms. Standing up, she gathered the few stray coins that scattered along the pavement around her before finally turning to the boy. “I’m not gonna hit you boy, where do ya think I was raised, a barn?” her tone was somewhat demanding and snippy.
“I’m alright, just watch where ya go next time.” She calmed down some, tone a tad easier. She leaned over and picked up the boys bike, holding it out to him, trying to be a little nicer.
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:50 pm

"Oh, okay. Well, good to know." He gave her a sheepish smile, and took his bike from her. "Thanks." He said with a slight nod. He studied her carefully, looking her up and down carefully. He chewed on the inside of his cheek, pondering.
"Im Jed. What's yer name?" He thrust a hand out to her. She didn't seem like a farmers kid...maybe one of the sales people at the market? Or maybe she was one of those wealthy gals...but she didn't seem like it. The dress was nice, though. He absently gave an approving nod, leaning on his bike as he watched her face.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Afiria Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Nodding slightly as the boy took the bike from her, she took a quick glance back at him, she was sure of her earlier thoughts, he was a farm boy. Opening her mouth to speak her goodbye’s, she felt her words cut off in her throat when he spoke first.
“Well, Jed…” she started, taking a quick glance down at his outstretched hand, taking it after a moment of silence. It was odd, to be shaking the hand of a lower class. “I’m Serenity-Grace. But you can just call me Serenity or Seren, whatever you prefer.” She spoke highly and took her hand away from his, trying to act of her higher class self, but it looked more of an act if anything.
Eyes flickering to the direction of the farmlands for a moment, she shuffled her feet, unsure of what to really do now. "Well, it was a... pleasure to meet you Jed, but I have to get going." she said, taking a step back. "Maybe, I'll see you around?" she sounded unsure of the fact if they would really meet again.
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Jed nodded, and looked down the road.
"Seems like we're headed in the same direction, so why don't we go there together? Or at least till we get to where we're going. I have no idea where you're going, though." He took his hat off and rubbed his head nervously. He gave her a sheepish smile, then started walking his bike down the dirt path. He glanced back at her, and nodded for her to follow. "Ya coming, miss high-n-mighty?" He flashed her a lopsided grin, and tipped his hat. Jed continued on, scuffing up dirt.
So she did seem like a rich girl...nice enough, but a little snooty. Not that it bothered him to much.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Afiria Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:41 pm

“Ah, sure… I’m just going to the produce stalls down there for my mother.” she muttered slightly, eyes flickering as the boy walked past her. Hearing his words, Serenity couldn’t help but her a small grin touch the corners of her mouth.
“I’m coming, I’m coming. Hold yer horses farm boy.” She commented back, starting her way over to Jed and slowly coming in step with him slowly.
For a farm boy, he really wasn’t what she expected from a field worker. She surprisingly didn’t mind walking with him, but she would have felt like a hypocrite, she didn’t look so rich anymore. “So, where are ya headin’? Back home?” she asked curiously, trying to make some small talk as they went along their ways.
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:50 pm

"No, I live back there." He thrust his thumb over his shoulder, indicating he lived down the road. "I'm going down to the market to get...well, it doesn't matter what I'm getting. But yeah, I'm going that-away." He glanced over at her and shrugged.
"You live near here?" He asked, not trying to be nosy but just to keep the conversation going. He pulled his hat off again and wiped his brow. "Phew, it's hot." He grumbled, shielding his eyes and looking up at the summer sun.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Afiria Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:03 pm

“Oh… Sorry.” She murmured quietly. She was always one to jump to quick to conclusions, especially about people and how they look. Eyes breaking away from the road in front of her, she let her eyes lay on Jed for a moment as he spoke.
“Ah okay.” She wasn’t sure what else to really say at the moment. “Oh, I live…” she turned her head for a moment, eyes scanning a few of the town houses for a moment. “…about two blocks away from where we crashed?” she wasn’t too sure of how long, but it wasn’t too far away.
Eyes breaking from the townhouses, she let her gaze up to the sky, covering the top of her eyes with her hand. “It is, but I like it.” She murmured some, happy to see some sunlight and let it hit her face. “It mus’ be hard for anyone who still has a job to work in this.”
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Jed arched and eyebrow at her, then chuckled.
"Yeah, I guarantee plenty a' people are sweatin' like hogs." He laughed, kicking up some dirt. He looked back over at her, and the smile disappeared. "Where'd ya live before here, then? Obviously you ain't from around her." He asked softly, not wanting to pester her. She wasn't a very readable person, even for him. And he could read just about anybody.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Afiria Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Letting a slight laugh out, Serenity shook her head some.
“Yeah, especially now. People trying to work more to get the money they need.” She murmured quietly. That’s at least what her dad was trying to do at the day. Walking in silence, the sound of his voice made her jump slightly, and his question almost made her steps fumble; though she managed to cover it up some. “Where? Well…” she paused for a moment, looking away from the sky and over towards Jed. “When the stocks crashed, m’ daddy and momma had to move down here. It is cheaper than out old house, not to mention we lost it.” She explained quietly, almost looking ashamed of it.
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Jed blinked, nodding slowly.
"Don't feel ashamed," He said quietly, noticing the look on her face. "Plenty a' people are in the same sitch-ee-ay-shun." He told her with another lopsided grin, mispronouncing the word on purpose. "Smile some, it looks good on you." Jed chuckled, shaking his head. He wheeled his bike along in silence, staring at the clouds that were rolling in. They were white and fluffy, absolutely perfect against the blue sky.
"Don't you ever just wanna lay on one of 'em?" He wondered aloud, staring up at the clouds with a small smile.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Afiria Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:24 pm

(Sooo sorry, I have just been lazy and tired ;A; )

Letting out a small giggle, Serenity shook her head at his silliness, looking back up from the ground and a small grin on her face. “I suppose, it’s just hard, that’s all.” She murmured some before letting her gaze follow his up to the clouds. They were quite peaceful and a pearly white for once, usually whenever she saw them they were dreary.
“Mhm, they look so soft.” She sighed calmly, eyes gazing around at the puffs in the sky. “That one looks like a hare…” she murmured slightly, pointing up to a cloud that had a very sketchy figure of a rabbit. “…Or is it just me?” she added on.
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Jed squinted at the fluffy cloud. He scrutinized it, tilting his head slightly to the side.
"I guess, if you look at it funny." He chuckled and scanned the sky for more cloud-shapes in the clouds.
"That one looks like a baby carriage. And that one a dog." He pointed to various clouds, naming what they looked like. Pretty soon, though, the market came into view. Jed's lopsided grin turned into a frown. He didn't want to leave Serenity just yet...but she was probably ready to get rid of him. He stopped his bike at the edge of the market place, and turned to her.
"See ya 'round?" He asked with a hopeful smile.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Afiria Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Squinting her eyes at the sky, she tried making out the various shapes in the clouds that Jed had seen. She lost track of time, and before she knew it, the market was already in sight. Peering ahead to the various stalls and sellers, she soon set her gaze on Jed for a moment.
Her small grin soon changed, she didn’t want to leave him quite yet, and she was having a good time. “Sure, I’d like that.” She said after a moment, smiling touching the corner of her lips. “I’ll see you later, it was nice meeting you Jed.” She spoke her farewell before taking a few backward steps and turning, making her way into the small crowd of stalls and soon making her way to where she needed to be.
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Jed watched her walk into the crowd, and didn't avert his eyes until she disappeared in the hustle and bustle of the market.
"Nice to meet ya too." He murmured, wheeling his bike through the crowds. If he left it alone it would no doubt be stolen, which would be bad. He headed towards the little cart he was looking for, the one full of silverware and other dining accessories. He asked for a few bowls, paid, and stuck them in his satchel. Jed lifted the hat off his head and wiped his hairline, making slightly curled dark bangs swish in his eyes. He scanned the other carts and decided to go 'window-shopping', if you could call it that.
Jed wheeled his bike down the rows, looking at the candy and food carts with wide eyes. It'd been ages since he tasted chocolate. He had a little change left over, so maybe he could get a treat for him and his brother. He noticed the penny candy, and bought some of that. He shoved it into his pockets and headed back for the road in which he had come here from. Maybe he would see that girl again...that'd be nice. It was fun talking to someone other than his brother, who could be incredibly obnoxious a majority of the time.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Afiria Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Making her way through the crowd, her slim body managed to squeeze between the busy crowds and stalls to where she needed to be. Walking over to the produce stall she quickly gathered as much as she could of what was on her mothers list and paid the woman at the cart. Nodding some at her full arms, she turned and made her way back into the crowd. She was going to head right home, but she decided against it, her family didn’t need the groceries right away.
Moving towards the back of the market, the crowd dispersed some further she went back, not many people wandered too far back, so it was easier to move around. Scanning over some of the carts of pottery and such, her eyes were soon pulled away from each of the carts when she noticed how long she took wandering around the area.
Sighing heavily, she walked out of the market place to the road where she came from, her thoughts immediately going over to the boy. She wondered if she would see him again on her walk. Taking her time on the road, her eyes scanned through the crowds of walking people, seeing if she saw the familiar boy among the others. She was surprisingly looking forward to seeing the boy again, she was quite fond of him and he wasn’t rude like many others.
Spotting the bike through the ocean of people, her spirits lifted some and she pushed her way through the crowds, finally making her way over to where he was. “Boy, I’ll tell ya, these people are like sharks when ‘t comes to this.” She laughed lightly, walking on the other side of the boys’ bike.
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Jed jumped when he heard a voice, but relaxed when he saw it was.
"You been followin' me?" He asked, raising an eyebrow skeptically. After a few moments of silence he cracked a wide smile. He looked her over again, and then turned away. He scanned the crowds, as if contemplating whether or not to dive in.
"Well isn't that scary?" He muttered, adjusting the cap on his head. "Okay, I'm ready for this." He set his jaw in a determined line, and set forward.

[blah sorry. I'm watching the Princess and the Frog(:]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Afiria Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:03 am

A smirk appeared across her face when Jed had jumped, and she raised an eyebrow slightly; though her expression soon turned to embarrassment and shock at his words. “N-no! Why would I follow ya? I don’t have no reason to!” she spoke quickly, face flushed some with embarrassment.
Eyes shifting away from him to the crowd, she scanned it over some and sighed. “It is. Well, gotta get home somehow.” She murmured some, eyes shifting back to Jed. “I say, lets go before it gets t’ the point where no one can move at all.” She laughed lightly.

(It’s okay :3 I’m still tired from last night, so I may not be too good.)
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:31 am

[it's ok xD mine are probably going to suck. I'm on boy-craze mode right now xDD]

Jed flashed her a smirk as she spoke quickly, chuckling slightly. He returned his gaze to the crowd, the smile fading back into the determined line.
"A'ight. Let's do this." He walked forward and dove into the crowd, but before doing so he grabbed her wrist.
"So I don't lose ya." He explained quickly, outing through the crowd.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Afiria Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Face still flushed from before, Serenity quickly picked up her feet, making sure she stayed at an almost equal distance at his side, but it was hard to push through the busy crowd. She steadied her pace, swerving though the people and trying to avoid hitting anything or anyone.
When a small break in the crowd hit, it wasn’t as crowded as before, but it was slightly easier to move around. “I think… the worst is done, for now at least.” She murmured some, eyes gazing back at the ocean of people moving towards and away from the market place.
{Ahaha x3 It’s quite alright)
Afiria
Afiria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Jed nodded and glanced around.
"Yeah, I think you're right." He said with a nod, as if affirming their conclusion. He realized a few moments later that he still had ahold of her wrist, which he quickly let go of. Jed cleared his throat, his cheeks reddening slightly.
"Ahem. Well, I think we should probably start heading back..." He suggested, glancing to the opening if the market that lead to the road they traveled down. "Wanna come join me on that dreadful walk home?" He gave her a lopsided smile, and rang his bike's bell for emphasis.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down