Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

4 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]] - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:32 am

[yayyy purpose! Baha Shrimpy...I can see they'll all get along swimmingly xD]

Tundra glanced at the bleeding guy, unsure if he meant him.
Of course he does, idiot. Obviously you're the only one that could be called 'Small-fry' The little voice of wisdom told him rather unkindly. He sent back a few rude responses in his mind. Oh lord, he seriously was going insane.
He made his way over to the guy as he wiggled out of his jacket, then watched as he struggled to get shirt off. Oh, that's what he needed. Alright. Tundra helped him pull the shirt off, then glanced at his bleeding leg.
"Wow." Was all he managed as he tore the shirt to pieces, using his glass shard to help. "Um, I'm no good at this. I'd probably make it worse." He handed the guy a rather thickly torn piece of shirt that was big enough to tie around his leg((not that he has fat thighs Razz )).
He glanced back at the other two, then felt that he'd of more help to this guy than them. So he sat back on his heels in some sort finality, hoping that this guy wouldn't make him do anything else. Hopefully they'd all get through this.
"Say, how're you gonna walk?" He ventured, keeping his voice low. Maybe if he could distract him, he wouldn't think about his leg! But then again, he'd never been shot in the leg. So how would he know?
He realized he didn't even know his name, and was about to ask when he figured they'd have time later.
Three sane adultish people, and a 12 year old going insane. He wondered what this meant, but had a feeling it meant that they'd stick together for a while. Or at least that's all he could hope.

[okay xD we should probably wait for batty. *nods*]

[quick edit, I feel like relaying my insanity on you guys: I typed this up at..I dunno. Either 6 am or 6:30 am. But I have no memory of typing the last sentence o.O oh well:D I also didn't go to bed till 1 am...so...that may have an effect...hm...]

Last edited by Kira's Safe and Sound</3 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Relaying my insanity on these poor people XD)
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]] - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

Post  Batcat Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:18 am

Irritably, Shae turned to the last guy – the one that was walking purposefully over to the little kid – and chucked the piece of glass at him. It embedded itself in the man’s shoulder and made him spin around, roaring out a cry of rage. Not nearly the reaction she’d been hoping for, but what could you do about it? Grunting, she yanked out a knife from the strap around her thigh and warily watched him. The man still had enough of his mind left to give her a run for her money, but she was going to win. She had to.
Running forward, she slipped to the side of him and slashed at him, tearing a large gash in his pants and the skin and muscle of his thigh. Another roar of pain and anger. Grinning with the savage adrenaline of killing, she darted in again, this time going for his chest. Raking the blade across his chest, he fell to the ground, coughing and spluttering. She guessed she’d ripped open a lung or something. Hopefully.
Shae groaned as she watched the last of the monsters die, slowly bleeding on the ground, red crimson staining the dirt. It was kind of intriguing in a gruesome way; it was hard to pull her eyes away from the dyed ground.
Snapping her head up at the sound of the older boy’s voice, she watched him warily. He had a gun. That was exactly what she needed right now. Frowning, she began to contemplate what the best course of action would be. Maybe take it and make a break for it now? The little kid was helping him right now – she guessed that maybe the two knew each other before this had all happened – and he was pretty distracted. What was his name even?
Turning around, she noticed the guy that didn’t look exactly down to earth. Sighing in irritation, she moved away from him and closer to the injured man and the little boy.
“I majored in nursing.” She stated quietly, watching Catherine out of the corner of her eye. The beautiful girl was smiling and nodding, urging her to continue. “This looks really bad.”

[[Battleaxe is back ^^ Baha I feel important.]]
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:23 am

[yayyyyy Battie's back Very Happy *does a happy jig* I'll wait for Dreameh and Polo before responding:3]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:29 pm

[[Woot! Thanks Batty ^_^ Let's wait for Polokins, otherwise Mitch'll end up burning us all...:3]]

I watched the young boy tie the piece of cloth around my leg, wondering vaguely whether there was any point in trying to move on without a t-shirt and a bloody hole through my leg. I'd only freeze to death walking around with a jacket on and a bare torso, anyway. If not that, the revolting blood and sweat stains on my t-shirt would be enough to cause an infection anyway.
Gritting my teeth, I grabbed the strands of cotton around y leg and yanked them tighter, causing pain to shoot up and down my leg like an electric shock.
Screw this. If I wasn't letting myself die alone in a coffee shop,surrounded by monsters and get my throat slit, I wasn't going to let myself die from a f***ing infection. It was, like, a cowards way out. If I was going to die I would do so fighting. No questions.
I thanked the boy, feeling a bead of sweat format my temple. Geez, the pain was stronger than I'd first thought.
When he asked me about walking, I let out a long sigh and wiped the sweat from my brow using my bare arm. “I don't know...” I groaned. “I'll need a hand to get up, then I could do with something strong, like a thin, metal pole to use as a walking stick.”
I pressed down on the wound, feeling the cold coffee sloshing threateningly around in my stomach. If I wasn't too careful I'd vomit at some point, and I was sure this poor guy wouldn't much appreciate it. I swallowed it down best I could.
The girl's comment wasn't helpful.
“Thanks, honey.” I snapped, my face scrunching into a tight wince. “You're a friggin' genius. Just... Someone get me a walking stick, would you?”
I was infuriated that I had to ask others for help, never mind to get me a walking stick, but I had no choice. I had to survive. I had to.
“And by the way,” I said to no one in particular. “I'm Daniel.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:32 pm

[[*waits impatiently for Polo*]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:02 pm

((He wasn't supposed to be a comic relief character, I swear, but Dudes - I just didn't know what to do with him after everybody was dead... XD Haha!
He's so stoned. Razz ))

Mitch watched with vague interest as the fight broke out, waiting with stoned patience for somebody to involve him. But the longer he waited, the more blood was spilled, and still his presence was not acknowledged. At long last, the fight was over, and Mitch looked at the resulting bloodied corpses with a dull ‘Huh?’
Did I do that? He wondered mildly to himself, mouth agape in a completely ‘drugged-out-of-his-mind’ fashion.
I must have. He decided eventually. I just forgot.
((He’s totally normal. XD ))
Appeased by the thought that he had, in fact, got his daily quota of blood, Mitch shrugged and walked over to the small group. One boy, perhaps a little younger than himself, seemed to be bleeding.
Dude, whose side was I on? He asked himself, accidentally laughing out loud.
He smirked at the scene a while, then frowned at the apparently uninjured bystanders. Now the only question was, why weren’t they as f***ed up as the rest? He’d have fixed the problem there and then, but as it were, he was feeling kinda lazy…
With this thought, Mitch slumped against the wall beside him, his fingers closing around the rounded end of… Something.
He balanced dreamily against it for a moment, then glanced toward it, seeing the firm plastic handle of a broom.
Broom… It was long, and sturdy. Kinda like a stick. There was some significance in that, he knew it… If only he could remember…
“Man, I’m so f***ing stoned.” He laughed, mostly to himself.
Shrugging, he leaned casually against the broom, watching the group of kids as though they had been placed there simply to entertain him. After what felt like hours of waiting, the one announced that its name was Daniel.
“Danny!” Mitch jeered, laughing and grinning as though he’d known the guy all his life.
“Y’know, I knew this guy called Danny one. Man, but he was a laugh. We called him Danny…” He trailed off, grinning fondly at the memory. “We were good mates, Danny and I, until I blew his brains out… Ah, Danny.” He chuckled again, and swayed slightly where he stood.
Then his grin dissolved, and with the sudden change of mood, his eyes fell upon the broom again.
“Oh yeah, you needed a stick, right?” He shrugged, lifted it up, and snapped it in half as casually as though it were a toothpick.
“Try that.” He offered, chucking it to the kid.
“Hey, sorry for shooting you, man. Dude, you must have totally pissed me off. Seriously, Danny-boy, don’t you know better to mess with me when I’m stoned?” He burst out laughing again, shaking his head. “So why didn’t I kill you guys again…?” He trailed off, staring at them in vague confusion, “Because my buzz is wearing off, so if you were trading me drugs for your lives, I’ll take ‘em now…” He trailed off, scratching his head mildly.
This room was so… Spinny. It was kind of cool. He liked it.

((Thanks for waiting for me. :3 Sorry about the weird post - I have not grasped Mitch's character yet... At all. O.o ))
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:17 pm

[he's high polo...weird posts are understandable xD]

Tundra took the stick and handed it to Daniel, or Danny as the weird man was calling him...
He watched the guy with mild curiosity, wondering what was wrong with him. He sure was acting weird. He'd seen some teenagers act like that before, but never had he been this close.
Stay away from people like that. They're bad news. His sister had told him when he asked about it.
He wanted to leave, but decided not to.
"Um. I'm Cristopher. But you can call me Tundra." He said to no one in particular, not bothering to explain why he had such different names. He tilted his head at the guy as he asked for drugs. What was he going on about...?
"Um. I don't think you were trying to kill us." He pointed out to the strange man, slightly tentative. He slowly stood and nearly fell since he'd been crouched for so long. He grabbed the wall to balance himself before getting situated.

[sorry. Brain be dead.]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:57 pm

((Nawww, I like him already I love you He's so... Bonkers. :3))

I could smell the guy from quite a distance away, and that wasn't because he smelt of pee, sweat, blood, or any of the usual that people usually stank of nowadays. Instead, he stank of pot, weed and some other crappy drug I couldn't put my finger on at the time. Just by the lazy look on his face told me he was off his head, and it angered me.
He was the last thing I needed right then. In fact, if I hadn't been so wounded, I'd have slapped him around the face there and then. He looked like he needed it.
I caught the stick with one hand, examining it briefly. It looked sturdy, but if that was the case, how the hell did he break it so easily?
I grabbed it with both hands, moved my good leg into a kneeling position and with clenched teeth attempted to haul myself to my feet.
Instead, I let out a gruff cry in pain and sank back down to my knees. “F**k...”
I tried once more, swore loudly at the attempt and fell back to the ground, resting my head back on the wall behind me with an annoyed sigh. “I feel like a friggin' old man.” I mumbled to no one in particular. Then, once the boy had spoken, replied irritably to the stoned guy. “You didn't shoot me, you didn't ask these two for anything and you didn't kill them, ” I nodded towards the bodies on the floor, “because you're out of your f***ing mind. Comprende?”
Sweat dribbling down my temples, I held my hand out to the younger boy. “Shrimpy. Oy. Could you help me up?” I asked, sounding more than a little frustrated. Mostly with myself, but the new guy wasn't helping.
“And by the way, dude,” I shot the stoned guy a look “you smell revolting. How the hell did you get that stuff, anyway? I thought all the shops had been looted.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:36 pm

"An addict finds a way." Mitch replied through a yawn, scratching his rear-end absentmindedly. "Dude, you're a total p**sy. Just get the Hell up!" He rolled his eyes, then grabbed the boy by the collar, and gave an almighty tug. "Cr*p, he's heavier than he looks..." Mitch grunted to nobody in particular, throwing his arm around the boy's shoulders instead, and helping to lift him to his feet. "I'm so stoned." He pointed out with a laugh, for what must have been the third time, "I totally should be f***ing you up right now, but you're just so f***ing funny!" He cracked up laughing, and eventually laughed so hard that he almost dropped Daniel on the ground again. He caught him at the last minute, though, then let his gaze fall upon Tundra.
"Woah! What's up with the midget, man?!" He asked, eyes widening in shock, "It's bloody creepy! Look how tiny its hands are... Dude... Badass." He stared at the child for a moment, then shuddered slightly, spinning the glass bottle in his hand.
"Hey, can I kill her?" He added, pointing toward the girl hovering nearby. "I'm so f***ing bored, you wouldn't believe. Plus..." He patted his pocket miserably, "I'll be sobering up soon..."
He sighed heavily, and suddenly went quiet, just standing meekly beside his 'Danny'.

((Dude, I don't know what happened to him. o_0 He's not supposed to be like this! He's just... Really stoned... XD REALLY stoned! ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:50 pm

[He's swell Polo! Absolutely fabulous!]

Tundra blinked at him. Midget, seriously? What on earth was going on here?! He felt like he'd been dropped into another world. Mostly just because this dude was crazy.
"I'm not a midget, I'm a kid." He pointed out, giving the guy a funny look. Then he asked the most absurd thing he'd ever heard.
Asking to kill a sane person...honestly.
"No, I don't think you can." He said after a moment, actually mulling it over. A sly grin creeped onto his face. "Why don't we kill you?" He asked, the grin sliding off and replaced with a serious face.
"Just kidding, you don't like you're worth the trouble. No offense." He shrugged and leaned against the wall, glancing between the three of them.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:01 pm

[[My turn. *glares* I will post in a sec -- I swear!!!]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:04 pm

((XD He's hilarious :3 and Polo, note-th, Danny doesn't have a shirt on. He took it off so he could wrap it around his leg, and he would put his jacket on, but I'm just waiting to see was Shae thinks of it. Razz))

The stoned guy was stronger than he looked.
He managed to haul me to a certain point until he started laughing uncontrollably, and I was forced to pull myself up, using the help of the long stick he'd given me. It, too, was surprisingly strong, and I was soon on my feet. Unfortunately, however, this caused the pain of my injured leg to reach a whole new level. I stumbled to the seat where I had been sat before all this had happened, dragging my backpack along with me. Once I had reached the seat, I sat down in a heap and clutched the leg of the coffee table to keep myself on it.
I'd preferred life on my own... But I needed these guys, otherwise I was just a sitting duck waiting for the predators to come and rip me apart. I couldn't afford to be left alone.
Clenching my teeth, I reached down into my backpack – grunting at the effort – and pulled out a water bottle. I took a sip, careful to savour enough until the next chance I could get to fill them, if I got that far, I thought miserably, and slipped it back in my bag.
“Listen, mate, you are completely and utterly off your head. If you really want to entertain yourself, go entertain yourself with those... things... Over there.” I gestured behind me to the three bodies, each laid in a puddle of dark red blood. It was like I'd just told a child to go play with the lego. It felt as much.
“I'm with the kid, here. Because believe me, if you don't shut up one of us will end up killing you. Not necessarily me, I might just steal whatever sh*t you have left in your pockets and burn it right in front of you. Then you'd be in pain beyond many levels.” I smirked.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Shae watched the three boys converse with silent discontent. Daniel - or whatever the heck his name was - was starting to really bug her. Going around acting like he was the boss, when in truth, she was probably the most powerful person there. Although the stoned guy could probably be pretty terrifying when not high, he was too pathetic to take seriously right now. And the little kid - Tundra? - she was sure she could take out if need be, though she wasn't sure why shhe'd need to anytime in the near future. Well, maybe if he got irritating, but that shouldn't happen.
And then Daniel, walking - actually he wasn't really walking, was he? - around like he owned the world. Shae snorted and nearly turned around to walk out. This whole place was pretty depressing. She hadn't been missing anything while she was on her own.
Frowning, she walked over to the window and noticed some more of the insane people coming, probably because they'd heard the commotion. "Jesus." She muttered to herself, remembering the gun. Looking back at Daniel, she noticed the gun on the floor.
Not even trying to be subtle, she darted in, strong slim legs pushing her faster than she'd ever run before.
She'd gotten the firearm and was out of the store, runnning towards the people. It was a larger group, about seven individuals, although one was a small child with a considerable limp. Frowning, she pointed the pistol and aimed, smoothly pressing down on the trigger multiple times, cleanly shooting each figures head off with a sickening splat.
Feeling not in the least bit guilty - even about the kid's death - she marched back into the shop and handed the gun to Daniel. "Now, can we do something actually productive?" She spit out. "Like maybe getting the hell out of here and getting some sort of shelter?"
The invisible Catherine nodded approvingly behind her, grinning at her sister's fiery attitude. It matched her hair.

[[Gosh. Straight to the point much, Shae?]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:10 am

((My bad. :3 I'm failing at this... XD *Prods Mitch with Iguana* Behave, character! o_0 ))

"Kill me...?" Mitch repeated softly, his voice turning frighteningly dark. His hand tightened around the bottle in his hand, and he spun it around in his fingers. He stared at the kid, bloodshot eyes growing darker as he let the words slowly sink in.
It was as if the child had waved a red sheet in front of a bull - his personality had flipped entirely.
"You'll want to watch who you're talking to, kid." He growled, tightening his grip on his weapon and stepping forward.
But before he could get very far, the white noise that was Danny's ((Mitch is not going to let that go, sorry. XD )) voice in the background suddenly began to make sense, and Mitch spun around, turning on him instead.
"...One of us will end up killing you..." He went on a while, but the word 'kill' had become like taboo for Mitch. They dared threaten his life? This unfit band of misfits and miscreants dared threaten him?!
Suddenly, Mitch did not feel quite so high any more. The warped proportions of the room seemed to darken with his fury, but sense was slowly returning to him.
"You f***ers don't know who you're messin' with." Mitch growled, flinging his glass beer bottle across the room so it shattered into a thousand glittering shards on the floor.
"What the Hell do some kid and a cripple think they're doing messin' with me, huh?" His voice escalated to a roar - and suddenly his madness was terrifying in a whole new sort of way. He looked utterly insane... Like a monster.
But fortunately, before he could lecture them any more, the girl's sudden dash alerted him, and he wheeled around, eyes sharp as he studied the commotion outside. He was tempted to run out there himself, but right now was the time to be serious - to study and assess.
He watched with a critical eye as the girl fired seven perfectly aimed shots, and her attackers crumpled mid-stride.
Impressive... He acknowledged hesitantly - and when she re-entered the building, he offered a nod of grudging respect.
He had not expected a girl to be able to handle a weapon so well. Then again, there had to be a reason she was still alive...
There had to be a reason they were all still alive.
He glanced slowly around the group, and finally allowed himself to calm slightly, storing their cocky, immature comments for a time when there were no more pressing matters on his mind.
"The chick's got a point." He growled, aiming a glare at the two guys who were rapidly edging their way toward his blacklist.
"But listen here, mates. I've got a message for all three of ya right now."
He whipped his gun from his belt, and spun it skillfully around his finger as he spoke.
"I don't give a cr*p who the Hell I kill, a'ight? Sane, monster - I honestly don't f***ing care, just so long as they bleed. So you bastards gotta decide, are you with me, or against me? I came here for blood, and I'll get it, one way or another. I'm no idiot - I know our best chances for survival are as a group. The chick has some skills." He nodded toward Shae, "And I guess you two must be good for something if you survived this long..." He trailed off, frowning, "But mark my words, nobody crosses Matches and gets away unscathed." He finished in a snarl, face contorted into a vicious, feral mask. Matches. His gang name... One that still struck fear into the hearts of most sane survivors of this city. He had been a legend, back in the day... And when this change had occurred, the only part of his lifestyle that had changed was the fact that his gang's numbers dropped to one, rather than hundreds.
"So what's it gonna be, bitches?" He asked, making a 'come' gesture with his free hand. "With me, or against me?"

((Fixed him. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:49 am

[bah,now he's all scary..,poo. XD]

The kid tilted his head as the guy let this all sink in. He'd been only kidding, his usual sarcasm, but this guy was seriously letting it get to him. Suddenly he turned into a rage-face...and it honestly terrified Tundra.
He winced when he threw the bottle against the wall. Yep, this guy was definitely crazy. Tundra adjusted himself as the girl suddenly took the gun and ran outside. He could hear the shots, but the action was obscured from his vision. He was slightly worried that she had been shot, until she came back in. He let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. It was all very...strange. He tilted his head, looking at Shae. However, he said nothing as the guy went on in his rage. He wasn't sure if he'd said his name or not, so he decided Kite would be a good name for him. ((get it? High as a kite? XDD))
"I honestly doing f***ing care, just so long as they bleed."
"Well aren't we trying to get rid of monsters? Why get rid of the people who can help us?" Tundra questioned, but this guy wasn't finished. He went on about how they must have some skills, and they were either with him or against him. Tundra would have preferred to be anywhere else than with him, but he figured he had no choice as of now. If he said against the guy would surely kill him since he was out of his mind, so it appeared with was the only choice.
"I suppose there's no third choice." He mumbled, barely audible. Actually it probably wasn't, only to his ears.
"Nobody crosses Matches unscathed."
Tundra cocked an eyebrow as the guys face changed from human to monstrous. Not even the kind of monsters outside, the kind you see in Scooby-Doo. That vision downright scared him, but he wasn't sure if he let on about it. He was fairly certain he did a good job of masking his emotions, but he was still a kid and hadn't mastered a lot of things yet.
Matches? That was his name? So much for calling him Kite, he was actually looking forward to it. He stared at him for a moment, trying to comprehend who would ever name their kid Matches. Maybe it wasn't his given name. He didn't know.
He stared at his hand for a while, gesturing for them to come. Should he? Would he? No doubt this guy would be a good ally, but he was off-the-wall crazy. Or at least it appeared that way. Tundra didn't know what was behind those bloodshot eyes. Finally with a heavy sigh, he released tension in his shoulders.
"Well I dunno about you people, but I don't want to get killed in cold blood. So I'm with you. But I'm not moving over there." He crossed his arms, and balanced on two feet rather than lean against the wall. He certainly hoped he hadn't signed his death sentence.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:19 pm

((Sorry, I know it's long. Don't worry, it was just me amusing myself for an hour because I had nothing to do Razz ))

I glowered at the older male from my seat, obviously in no shape to fight but it didn't seem to stop me. Cripple? I'd been standing not ten minutes ago, if he'd have seen me. I was fair kicking ass, if I do say to myself. I was sat calmly in that very spot with a knife at my throat not thinking how or whether I was getting out of the mess I'd walked into, but whether I was going to let them kill me or not.
I'd not been that bad, really.
In fact, if I'd have been able to stand, I would have taken the guy on. But I wasn't, so I couldn't. Didn't stop me from wanting to mouth off at him, though.
However, when the girl disappeared off with my gun without so much as a word, I began to panic. So, what, that was it? She said my wound was bad and just f**ked off with my gun? “Hey... Hey!” I shouted, willing myself to have the strength to get up and chase her, but seen as I could barely stand, that was a bad idea.
The sly bitch. She'd nabbed off with my gun.
“Well, for one,” I began replying to the stoned guy – who, apparently, was no longer stoned - “you were off your head a minute ago. You were laughing for no reason, and you thought you'd killed those monsters and forgotten about it. Hard to take a guy like that, seriously.”
Screw safety. If my mouth was the only thing left I could use aggressively, I'd damn well use it. I refused to be the weakling, even if I couldn't stand. I'd make myself walk, run, jump, do whatever needed to be done. If it meant survival, I'd do it.
But I wouldn't stand down to this douchebag.
There were a few gunshots, I didn't count them, my ears were almost numb to the sound by now, and the girl appeared a few moments later, still carrying my gun.
“You owe me bullets.” I told her, not really bothered about who she'd killed, or that she'd probably saved all our lives by doing so. “They're not easy to find now unless you're ready to go rummaging through the organs of old corpses to get some more.”
I took another sip of water, and poked the floor experimentally with my new walking stick, surprised that it didn't bend, break or even slip on the shiny, plastic floor. Perhaps the new guy had more brains than I'd first thought. But I wasn't trusting him yet.

I don't give a cr*p who the Hell I kill, a'ight? Sane, monster - I honestly don't f***ing care, just so long as they bleed.”
Well, that would probably a good threat for the others, but a monster had already beaten him to that a while ago. I snorted in amusement, staring at my poorly bandaged leg with a slight wince.
My leg was swelling. I could feel it.
Shuddering, I looked back longingly at my jacket, wishing to my heart that it would float up and clothe me because I couldn't really move. The wind was picking up now, the temperatures were dropping.
The girl was right, we needed to move.
“[i]And I guess you two must be good for something if you survived this long...

I snorted, wisely choosing to take that as a compliment, then looking back at my leg with a sad smile. “Well, I was until about ten minutes ago...” I trailed off thoughtfully, then sighed. I really was pretty badly done in, and my leg hurt like hell. But if I wanted to live, I needed these guys. Whether we got on or not didn't matter.
But mark my words, nobody crosses Matches and gets away unscathed.
Matches?
I nearly laughed out loud. Having been from way out of town, I'd not heard of him. Others probably had, by the way he said it, but I didn't. I just wanted to point and laugh at him.
“Wow...” I snorted, shaking my head in amusement. “Matches. Right. Where did you get that? The back of a cereal box?”
I glanced down at his curled hand, watched it for a moment,it's welcoming gesture, yet from the hand of an insane junky. Taking that offer was the stupidest thing anyone could ever do.
But he'd won the boy over.
I brought my hand up and ran it over my dirty face, spending a surprising amount of time thinking things through. Granted, I was a reckless sod, and it was a wonder how I'd survived this long. But I knew danger when I saw it.
I shrugged. “Do I have much of a choice?”
There it was. My answer.
I was so going to regret this.
“Now then, can someone pass me my jacket and bag and give me a hand getting up, before we have any more unwanted company.” I jerked my head to the bodies behind me. “And you know, shockingly, I may not be able to put up much of a fight in this state.” My lips twitched towards a smile, but they didn't quite get there.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Shae frowned the entire time the entire conversation was going on. She didn’t like the idea of a forced alliance, but she actually liked the stoned guy more than Daniel. At least Mitch – she knew about him – could survive and knew a thing or two about gangs. That could certainly come in handy. And he was resourceful. Maybe he could get her a gun, because Daniel obviously wasn’t going to let her use his anytime soon.
She had flicked him off when he demanded bullets.
When Mitch asked for them as allies – or whatever they were going to be called – she calmly walked over and stood slightly behind him. “I find this plan not very appealing but very necessary. You’re dead in the world if you don’t have Mitch’s attitude.”
She jerked her thumb at him over the shoulder while Catherine frowned at her and shook her head slowly.
”He’s not safe, Shae,” the girl warned.
Shae shrugged. “I don’t care.” And she assumed a poker face, standing stiffly beside the boy. As Daniel and Tundra reluctantly agreed, she realized that she probably couldn’t trust anyone – especially Daniel. He didn’t like her and she didn’t like him. Nothing too complicated about that.
She was pretty concerned about the little boy though. He was probably one of those sociopaths with no conscience. Recalling a book she’d read about it, one of the statistics was that a surprising number of people actually didn’t have consciences, herself included. That was why she never felt guilty about killing anyone, or taking advantage of someone. It came in handy at times like these.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:39 pm

When the boys reluctantly sided with him, Mitch actually seemed somewhat disappointed. He had been hoping that they would take him on... He needed to spill blood - it was almost as addictive as certain other habits that he held so dear...
He glanced over his new 'allies' with a more critical eye. The kid was smart, not to move closer. A wise decision for such a youngster... He had, what was the word... Instinct.
That would be beneficial, he was sure.
Then there was Danny...
Danny, who was already asking assistance of his new 'ally'. Mitch smirked, and sauntered over to the boy. He snatched his jacket and bag off the floor, and handed them to him roughly, then jerked him to his feet. "Lemme tell ya a story, Mate..." He growled, supporting Danny with awkward closeness - almost as though he was a close friend - though the aura Mitch gave off was clearly one of enmity. "Matches isn't my name - it's an identifier, see, one I earned long ago... You'll see why, in due time. Better just hope you ain't on the receiving end of it, Buddy." He slapped Daniel's cheek in a mockingly affectionate fashion, laughing to himself and shaking his head in an amused fashion.
As he stepped away, he subtley made certain that Danny had the stick to lean on - though naturally, he would not be caught dead actively caring for... Well, anyone, really. But if these people were to be 'his group' - then he would not have any of them hurt. It would be a black mark on his record... If any of his people were injured, it would be at his hands and his hands only. That was as it should be...
Mitch was jerked out of his thoughts by the soft sound of footsteps, and as the girl approached, his hand closed around the gun handle by his belt - his eyes blazing as they met hers.
What was her decision...?
“I find this plan not very appealing but very necessary. You’re dead in the world if you don’t have Mitch’s attitude.”
Finally... An answer he approved of.
A dark, satisfied smirk curved Mitch's lips, and he responded with a brief nod of acknowledgement.
Contrary to any of his prior opinions, this chick seemed the most useful of the bunch. Pity, really... That attitude, those skills, wasted on some girl. ((He's totally sexist. XD ))
"Well, I reckon Danny-boy's probably right - we should move out before the next swarm - but more importantly..." He glanced very seriously from one person to the next, "Does anybody have any pot? Or any drug, really, I'm not fussy. Just trust me, you don't want to see me sober."

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Tundra stared at his feet, listening to them talk. He caught bits and pieces of their conversation, but was mostly taken up with his own thoughts. It was evident that this Mitch person intended to lead the group, which he didn't care. Honestly, he didn't care what any of them did so long as it didn't involve killing each other or going cannibalistic. He'd witnessed cannibalism, and it wasn't something he ever wanted to see again.
The girl , however, had a look about her that he wasn't sure he'd quite like. She just had that...whole demeanor he'd seen in bullies. Whatever, she was strong. She'd be helpful. But he could tell she'd kill if she felt it necessary. He'd have to watch out for her.
He scuffed his shoe on the floor, pondering their little band. He looked up as the girl said something, but she wasn't talking to any of them.
Great, she's scyzoprhenic. Just lovely. He inwardly groaned, then looked to Mitch when he asked for pot.
"Dont you have any in your pocket?" He asked honestly. He walked over towards them but not all that close. He was still wary of them. The only one here he felt relatively safe with was Daniel, but he wasn't going to let his guard down just because he wasn't completely crazy like the other two.
Tundra glanced over at him, and cocked his head to the other side. This would be an interesting ride.
"Well then, where are we headed to? I'm ready to get going." He rubbed his hands together and looked between them.
"And, I think it'd be in everyones best interest if we didn't rip each others throats out." He flashed them all a 'look' before walking over to the window and peeking through it. "It looks clear, so now would be as good a time as any to get the heck out of here." He used the word heck rather than the 'bad word' because he still hadn't mastered the art of cussing as Mitch had. He hoped he never did.
He walked back over to them, and crossed his arms nonchalantly.

Last edited by Kira <3 Slim Shady on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I said where, not here -.-')
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:45 pm

[[I just feel the need to say I printed out this RP and kept reading and rereading in school today x) Two reasons: This plot/characters/RPers are sooooo awesome and I needed to feel closer to you guys since our computers have this blocked xP Anyone up for the job of sending me posts through ponybox mail? Very Happy Oh, and Polo, I'd say Shae also smokes pot, but, uh, she's too innocent for it Razz But anyway, Dreameh, whenever you feel like posting your charrie, I have our opening post already made Razz No rush Wink No, legit, no rush, haha.]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 pm

[dah Batty :3 I'm probably going to end up doing that too when I start on friday...it'll drive me crazy not being able to roleplay as much as I want D:
And I would, but i don't have a ponybox <.< I never got the hang of it...xD]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:26 am

((Haha, Batty! XD Sounds like something I would do. Wink *Highfives*
I would take up the Ponybox job, but I never log on any more, so I'd definitely forget... Sorry Dude. Razz
I shall also be robbed of my free time come next week, but I try not to think about it... *Twitch twitch* ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:08 pm

[[*dies* But Polo, next week is when I have all my free time! *headdesk*
And Kira, starting school on a Friday? Right before the weekend? Whatttt? Haha. And I did it again today. Printed it out, read it all, and was very entertained xD *cannot wait for Dreameh any longer*]]

Shae nodded when Mitch asked for the drugs. “I was carrying this for a friend a while bag.” She said, pulling out a plastic bag full of white powder. Probably cocaine. “I’d never do this in a million years, I kind of need my brain, but hey, it came in handy.”
She tossed the plastic with its despicable contents but didn’t look to see if he would catch it.
Frowning at the little kid, she’d already forgotten his name; she wondered how he was still alive. It was hard enough for her, and she was an adult. How did this ten year old come to stay alive? Was he resourceful? Or did he take advantage of others? Again, the thought that he was like her made her grow cold inside. It wasn’t because she dreaded the thought of someone not being able to feel because it was terrible – it really wasn’t that bad – it was that she’d been the only one with that advantage for so long; it was hard to fight fair. Usually she would team up with someone, take their weapons and run. It increased her chance of survival, and that strategy was working so far.
But these guys seemed like they could come in handy. Most likely she’d end up shooting Daniel with his own gun, considering he was super annoying and she didn’t have her own. The kid would find his own way to die, and if not, she could arrange something. And Mitch. He seemed pretty valuable. Surely a bum, but he was a good fighter and good at surviving. If she had to stay with someone, it would be him – but she’d keep her distance. Most likely he hadn’t given up his gang lifestyle. That dreadful lifestyle most likely included torture, mutilation, murder, and rape – not something she was very fond of if she was on the receiving end. But somehow, she didn’t think Mitch was the ‘play-with-females’ type of guy. That had been that other guy, the one whose name she’d forgotten.
Why was she thinking of this? Oh, yeah. Should she stay with Mitch?
Shae nearly chuckled out loud. That wording made it sound like she had a crush on him. Never in a million years, even if she could love. But she was incapable of having feelings for someone, so it was pointless to even think of it. But just to humor herself, she entertained the notion a little longer.
Mitch probably wouldn’t make a good boyfriend. None of these people in here would. The kid was too young, Daniel was too annoying, and Mitch was too dangerous. Yep, that summed it up.
Sighing at her train of thought, Shae rummaged around her coat pocket to see if she had anything else for Mitch.
Nope.
“My friends were addicts. I know where they kept their stuff. The college a couple miles north? We can raid their dorm and their dealer’s dorm too if you want.” She didn’t offer nay emotion in her voice. Adding as an afterthought, she said, “I don’t think I want to see you with you head straight either.”
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:15 pm

((*Twitch* Must... Wait... For... Dreameh... *Twitch twitch* XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:25 pm

[[Me thinks I should reply now... XD]]

Mitch and his moments didn't 'scare' me, as such, but I had to say, being suddenly the weakest of the group and having the strongest getting so threatening did unnerve me a bit. Mitch's closeness, his tone of voice – although not totally serious, what with him having only just slipped out of his high stage -the fact that I knew he had complete control over whether I stood or toppled to the ground and wounded myself further made me nervous.
Matches isn't my name - it's an identifier, see, one I earned long ago... You'll see why, in due time. Better just hope you ain't on the receiving end of it, Buddy.”
There it was, the threat I'd had coming ever since I'd opened my mouth. The slap in the face was enough to wake me up, although I did flinch slightly, tensed, had to close my eyes to keep from wanting to hit him back and it backfiring on me.
It's not my time. I reminded myself firmly. Just because I'm crippled now doesn't change anything. It's still not my time. This bastard doesn't change anything. He doesn't...
I realised I was shaking my head furiously at this thought, when Mitch spoke again, agreeing with my idea to leave, then he mentioned the drugs.
I could have resisted the temptation, but instead I snorted and rolled my eyes. “Come on, Matches, is that all you think about?”
Of course it was. The guy was a junky, after all.
But I was more horrified when the not-so-fit girl handed him the white powder,and watched her with a wide gaze as she willingly handed it over, then mentioned where they could get some more. What waswith her? And I'd thought she was clever. I'd thought she had brains. Logic. Evidently, I couldn't have been more wrong.
Narrowing my eyes, I growled to her “You're a bitch, d'you know that?” Frank, yes, whoever the hell Frank was, but it was true. Was I the only sane 'grown-up' there? Geez...
I flt like we were risking our asses to find prey for the Lion, just so it wouldn't feed on us...
If I wasn't careful, I'd be the next meal.
“Alright, well it's getting dark so wherever we're f***ing off to, can we hurry up about it? You can only stay in one place for so long around here.”

[[Sorry. He's not very nice... :3]]
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next