Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Old Kingdom -- Polonator Commence :D

2 posters

Go down

The Old Kingdom -- Polonator Commence :D Empty The Old Kingdom -- Polonator Commence :D

Post  Deshychan Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:14 am

Alegra Demise Skylander
Twenty, whole years young
Alegra is a bit of a free spirit, thinking with her own mind, not letting the world chose her thoughts for her. Only in doing so has made her come to believe there is much more to the world than the eye can see, thus bringing her to terms of going out and searching for this feeling she has inside of her. The rest of the humans think her crazy, complaining about her free will and just always trying to get her locked away, deeming her mentaly retarded. She tends to sneak around, even stealing a few things from people every once in a while. Just the usual apples and such, nothing that would be sorely missed.
Alegra is a bit of a charater, always trying to talk her way out of things; mostly suceeding for people get flabberghasted by her sure will to talk, and pretty fast I might add. She's sly and has a wit about her, always finding the fun in everything, talking back alot of the time, and just being a darn right nuisence on the world. She has the brains to learn and make something huge of herself, but she dosen't want that, she thrives on adventure and action, always on the move, never being able to keep still, not even when her brain is sleeping.
She's not exactly the prettiest girl; well she could be, but with her always being covered in dirt, no one has really seen her true features. Her eyes are made of a coppery brown-red, when the sun hits them they shine gold, lighting up the dark face. Her hair is a dull brown, of length is unknown, for she always has it tucked up under a hat. At first glance she would look rather guy like, not being all that chesty and her hips tiny, not really the kind of shape one would see in the woman. Tending to stick to the slacks rather than dresses, most have mistaken her for a male, until that is they hear her voice. Her song is sweet and gently, not at all what you would expect from her, catching so many of gaurd and another reason she finds it so easy to talk her way out of trouble, stunning people with the sheer power of her voice.
Though in all of this you may think she is a happy-go lucky, always cheerful and free. But that is her act, when she's at home; where no one can see her, she's dark and mysterious, always getting stuck in a old leather bound book. Usualy with the things she's found on her many adventures, things that arnt always of the human race. Even dealing with magic, though never suceeding in any of it. However that does not stop her and he will to find out what is over the wall, what it is that they all seen to be so feared of, teaching you to steer clear from such young ages, only this is how she became so obsessed with it, always getting into trouble and wondering of on her own. Most her age would be married of and with child by now. But that life was just not suitible for her, too stuck up on finding out whats on the other side, being kept in the dark for far to long, now set out to figure it all out.

This is where I leave you, to let you into the world of Alegra Demise Skylander, the lonely soul with a huge mind. Set out on a journey to find that forever dream to learn more of this world. Meeting new friends and foes along her way. Stalking along the bottom of the wall attemtping to find a way in.
This is the jounery of a young; fresh soul.
Deshychan
Deshychan

http://viceroybutterfly.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

The Old Kingdom -- Polonator Commence :D Empty Re: The Old Kingdom -- Polonator Commence :D

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Name: Dante Oberon

Race: Human (Abhorsen in waiting)

Appearance: Dante has short black hair which always sticks up messily. It comes just past his ears, and falls over his forehead in a fringe that reaches just past his eyebrows, and always sweeps over to one side. His eyes are a shocking electric blue colour, and he has a friendly face with a softness to his jaw unsuited to the violent world he lives in. He’s a little under average height, and toned with the elegance of an athlete rather than the buff of a warrior. Overall, Dante is far from the imposing character that his father, The Abhorsen, expects him to be.
He is, however, a good-looking man, and his sweet face and friendly grin draw people to him.

Personality: Dante is, at first appearance, a coward. He’s scared of death and the creatures that lurk within it, and his training constantly ends in disaster, which has led his father to become so disappointed that he all but loathes his son. This is terrible for Dante, because he is a people-pleaser by nature, and always tries his best to make his father proud. He is always shy at first, and sometimes a little awkward when meeting new people, but he’s friendly and kind-hearted, and his intentions are always good.
This being said, it seems that perhaps there is another side to Dante, and that perhaps his true colours would show if just given the chance.

Other: Attends Somersby college - a college for boys in Ancelstierre - when he's not too busy with his Abhorsen training.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

The Old Kingdom -- Polonator Commence :D Empty Re: The Old Kingdom -- Polonator Commence :D

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Dante stepped out of Somersby college and into the clear air of Ancelstierre with a rare expression of determination on his face. In his hands he clutched his trusty college rucksack - tattered, but reliable. He had just graduated, and though all his classmates were planning wild parties to celebrate, Dante knew that he couldn't join in. It wasn't that he didn't have friends - he had plenty at Somersby, even if they didn't know him all that well - but he was supposed to go home, to the Abhorsen's house in The Old Kingdom, to continue his training...
Dante shuddered at the thought, and plucked thoughtfully at a loose thread on his rucksack.
He was supposed to go home, but this time, he did not intend to. Before he had left again for college, Dante and his father had had a huge falling out, and though it happened regularly, given Dante's mild temperament and cowardly attitude toward death, this time had really been the last straw for him.
He couldn't go back there, and face his father's anger and disappointment all over again... And - Dante swallowed, clasping his bag tighter at the thought - he couldn't face Death again. Just the idea of it scared him, but when he was actually there, the chilly pull of the current was just too much to bear.
Even if it was his destiny... He just wasn't cut out for it.
Rubbing goosebumps of fright from his arms, Dante hurried off the college grounds, keeping his head low.
He would stay in Ancelstierre, and hide here. He knew his father would come looking eventually, but at least at that moment, the thought of running away from his destiny seemed to make sense.
Strapping his rucksack to his back, Dante bowed his head, and began running down the empty cobbled street as the cloudy sky above him began spitting with rain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 pm

"Stupid trousers, stupid branch. Now I have a rip, great. what did I do to derserve this, urgh, Not good, not good at all. Oh well nothing I cant fix" Alegra mumbled and groaned as she tore the leg in her slacks, having brushed to closely along a fallen tree. Plunking herself down upon that same log she settle down, pulling her satchel round into her lap, taking out a needle and thread, doing a quick fix untill she was back home. Or with better light. The rain was settling in, the misty droplets resting upon her baker boy cap. She hummed nonchalently as she sewed up the tear; even as she wore them. when one was always out and about she could learn to do things the fast way, keeping herself going and in one peice.
Once all done she hopped up and carried onher way in a light jog, the bag bumping her hip as she went, tap..tap..tap on her side, just keeping with her pace, in also helping her keep to hers aswell.
She soon came back round to the edge of the township; after one of her little daily outings to the edge of the wall. This time not finding much she could go on. Slowing her pace somewhat as she rounded the cornor, heading through the gateway, the bustle of people leaving work, picking up children and also going home, lay thick in the air. The rain now soaking her through, her clothing hung of her limp shape, the arms coming well over her hands, looking more like she had shrunk in the wash than her clothing.
Her mud stained face was soon washed clean,though it still remain with a slightness of mud, so dried into her skin, now appart of her rather than mud. She paused, looking over the dampening street, ducking into an alley where two roofs touched, shielding her from the wrath of the heavens, wondering if she could wait this out or have to bare through it untill she arrived home.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:38 am

Dante picked up his pace as the rain started pelting down harder, holding his hands over his head to shield his hair. He hated rain; mostly because, in The Old Kingdom, rain was often the sign of a weather spell, and weather spells were usually summoned by the sorts of creatures or things that he did not want to meet.
Besides, rain was cold.

Shivering miserably, Dante noticed a little alleyway between two houses, looking relatively sheltered from the rain overhead, and he quickly turned and darted into it, stumbling to a halt once he was out of the cruel, driving rain. He collapsed over, bracing his hands against his knees as he caught his breath. Running so far with a bag on his back had not been easy... He had let his fitness training go to seed since he had been back in Ancelstierre. If his father could see him now, he'd probably bite his head off.
Chuckling bitterly at the thought, Dante straightened up, and only then did he realise that he had company.
He stared at the girl in front of him in obvious surprise, then outright embarrassment, as a blush climbed rapidly up his rain-washed cheeks.
He cleared his throat awkwardly, and rubbed his arm in a self-conscious fashion as he mumbled with a nervous laugh, "Ah, sorry... I-I didn't see you there..." He offered a shy smile, scratching his head uncertainly. "You also trying to get out of the rain?" He asked lamely, deciding to choose awkward small talk over awkward silence.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:29 am

Alegra watched as the rain just came down harder, knowing that she was going to be stuck here for a while, unless she braved it. Though just as she was about to head out into the rain, someone was within her close vincinty. She froze with her back against one side of the wall, the coolness of the brickwork seeping through her thin cotton blouse. She waited, watching him, until he realised that he wasn't alone in this sheltered alley. Seeing the pinkness flush across his cheeks only made her smile, pushing away from the wall a little. Watching him as he shifted nervously. "Ah, sorry... I-I didn't see you there..." Alegra chuckled lightly seeming amused by his embarrassment "You also trying to get out of the rain?" "It's a free country, you have every right to be here too, there's no law about loitering in dark shady alley ways with another person" She chuckled without emotion, amusing herself possibly more than him. "You could say that. Though I just ducked down here to see if the rain would give, but looks like I'll be stuck here for a while" she spoke as she looked out from under the roof's, just trying to see if there was going to be another chance that she could possibly leave. "So what brings you here then?" She asked turning to look at him. The lasting of the light catching at her copper brown eyes, a twinkle showing with a brief moment of time. "Does the rain bother you? Or are you hiding from someone?" A sly smile spread across her features, her mind going into action, picturing him running from a yelling man, cursing bluntly at him, but too large to run after him. Smiling inwardly at that, knowing it all to well. Dropping her glance to him once more she caught sight of the bag upon his back. "Ah you go to school here, that sucks. Schools for the weird ones that want to learn shit. People need to get out in the world and experience that instead, not books; Even though they arn't so bad, if ya get the right ones, know what I mean?" She chuckled at herself, just talking away without a pause,possibly overwhelming him a little too much. "Ah I'm sorry, I talk a lot don't I? Maybe I should getback home before I talk you into the ground" she smiled lightly, Shifting around on her feet, twidling her thumbs and constantly on the look out.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:13 am

Dante watched the girl uncertainly as she replied, seeming rather amused by the situation. Dante didn't see the humour in it, quite frankly, but he managed a small smile all the same, still rubbing his cold arms awkwardly.
"So what brings you here then?" The stranger asked, turning her attention back to him after pausing to glance out at the rain, "Does the rain bother you? Or are you hiding from someone?"
"Um..." Dante mumbled, not quite sure how to respond, "Well, a bit of both, I guess..."
Luckily - since these things were better left unsaid - the girl didn't seem to be listening, and a moment later she had launched off on some pointless, yet undeniably energetic speech about school, books, and the world in general.
Dante smiled despite himself and found, to his surprise, that he began to relax. Something about this girl just made him feel comfortable; more so than most strangers, anyway.
Still half-listening to his companion, Lex shrugged off his bag and sat down on an overturned wooden crate in the alley, staring out absentmindedly at the driving rain.
"Ah I'm sorry, I talk a lot don't I?" The girl apologized suddenly, causing Dante to return his attention to her with a politely questioning expression, "Maybe I should getback home before I talk you into the ground."
"No need." Dante replied with a little chuckle, "I prefer to listen than talk, anyway."
He reached into his bag, and rummaged around until he found a brown paper bag, which he unwrapped to reveal a sandwich, cut into two halves. He lifted one, and offered it to the girl with a friendly smile.
"Want one?" He asked kindly, still looking a little shy, "There's no point going out in the rain, and no point sitting here hungry."

Back to top Go down

Post  Deshychan Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Alegra went to move out into the rain, only a voice brought her back round, making her pause. "No need." Alegra smiled gently "I prefer to listen than talk, anyway." She chuckled lightly "good cause I didn't really want to head back out in that" She chuckled lightly "Looks like we are stuck here for a while. Alegra leaned nonchalently against the wall, arms folded over her chest, watching this guy as he rumaged around in his bag, making her a little anxious, placing a hand on her's ready to take action if he came to threaten her.
She let out a breath when she saw the food, feeling a little stupid for having thought he would attack, but one could never be too sure. "Want one?" She smiled, stepping forward "Sure" she took it from him, a little nervously, but her hunger now controlled her mind, her stomache even grumbled slightly "There's no point going out in the rain, and no point sitting here hungry." she chuckled softly "Ahaha you have a valid point there." She took a larg bite from the bread. "Mm what's in-'tis" she asked with a mouthful, swollowing it loudly. Gulp. "Thanks, and it's a mean sammich" she smiled greatfully.
"So where you from? I haven't seen you round here very often, and i sure know this place like the back of my hand, along with the people" She moved over to sit next to him upon the upturned grate, hoping he wouldn't mind, he didn't seem like the kind that hated company, just picked it very carefully.
"Oh how rude of me, My names Alegra, Nice to meet you, to meet you nice" she smiled gently, holding out a hand formaly to him. She took another bit from the sandwhich, chewing it briefly and just swollowing it, eating like she had been starved. In a way she had, having been out since early morning she hadn't found time to eat, leaving it a bit late now, feeling way to hungry for her own good.
Deshychan
Deshychan

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 am

The girl took the sandwich from him, and after taking a bite, asked "Mm what's in-'tis". "Ham and cheese." Dante answered simply, brushing off her thanks and taking a bite of his own sandwich. He chewed happily at it for a while, eating in companionable silence, until his companion came over to sit beside him. Then, shy as ever, he seemed to grow slightly uncomfortable, but luckily the girl did not give him time to dwell on it.
"So where you from?" She asked suddenly, drawing Dante's gaze up from the ground, where it had fled a moment before, "I haven't seen you round here very often, and I sure know this place like the back of my hand, along with the people."
"I'm-" Dante began answering, but then the girl cut him off with an introduction. "Oh how rude of me, My names Alegra, Nice to meet you." She said, holding out a hand. Dante smiled and took it, shaking her hand with a gentle grasp that his father would certainly have scolded him for. "I, uh-" He cleared his throat, casting his shyness aside, and tried again, "I'm Dante. I've been at Somersby a while-" He gestured vaguely in the direction of the college, "But I always go home to The Old Kingdom after the semester, so I guess that explains why you haven't seen me." He offered a small smile, and added with a faint blush, "But now that I've finished college, I'm planning to live in Ancelstierre for a while..." He trailed off, feeling slightly nervous. His father would come looking for him soon, and he had no idea where to go. He needed somewhere to stay; to hide, to lie low...
He looked up, and saw that the rain had stopped. "Ah," He murmured, gesturing toward the clearing sky, "It seems we're free at last." He glanced toward Alegra, and offered politely, "Want me to walk you home? I don't have anywhere else to be, so it's no hassle."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum