Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bumfluff! get your fluffy butt here ;)

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Bumfluff! get your fluffy butt here ;) Empty Bumfluff! get your fluffy butt here ;)

Post  GirlehfromPB Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:47 am

Very basic form xD

Lucinda Valentine,
Lucy,
Brunette, my eyes are midnight blue most of the time, if it's really bright they will go to an emerald green, if it's really dark they go grey, in between the shades of light they will vary between icy blue, baby blue, dark green and an murky sea water greenie blue. My figure isn’t overly thin, though I am not over weight. I have put on more weight in the past year through not being able to do anything, though that will come into effect later. I have a scar that runs down my cheek, and one that runs from the top of my hip down my right leg, to my big toe. I stand at 5’8, so I’m not exactly short, I love to sing and play the keyboard, though I have never performed. I was going to but that was when it all went wrong...
It all went wrong when I was heading out with my brother; I had finally plucked up the courage to perform. It was nothing big but the school’s annual talent show. I had let my mates put me up for it, butterflies did laps around my stomach I was scared.
“I don’t want to do it,” I admitted helplessly to my brother glancing in front of me. My mother was sat beside me, Quinn-my elder brother-driving as my father sat beside him.
“Luce, come on. You’ve waited all your life for this moment” Quinn spoke, glancing at my through the rear-view mirror.
“Eyes on the road” My father snapped irritably.
Quinn did as asked, though he checked the lights, the lorry driver didn’t. Going through a red light smashing into the car, and I knew no more.
Three months on.
Consciousness finally hit, though Quinn was beside my bed, the words never touched my lips as I mouthed ‘mum?’ He shook his head and a sob bit away at me, ‘dad?’ Again the words never touched my lips, and a silent tear slid down my face, though it was when I tried to move my leg I found I had no feeling! Was it there? I tried to sit forward desperate t move though I found myself strapped to the bed. I managed to flick aside the blankets, only to find my leg was in a solid cast.
It took me a month to get out of the bed, eight more to learn how to walk again.
It’s been a year since that night, no one was informed if I was alive or dead, they heard about the car accident though that was it. I want to go back to school, it is just me and Quinn now, it’s hard. I still struggle to do little more than walk, though will school be everything it’s made out to be? Will I still be ‘little Miss popular’ or will no one recognise me? I mean to some I may have just come back form the dead... How will that go down?
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

http://girlehfrompb.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Bumfluff! get your fluffy butt here ;) Empty Re: Bumfluff! get your fluffy butt here ;)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:26 am

Name: Riley Doyle (Irish origin - Riley means 'Valiant' and Doyle means 'Dark foreigner')

Appearance: He has a rather fair complexion. He stands at about 5'9, making him about average size for his age. His build is extremely powerful, and one can tell easily from looking at him that he works out a lot. Riley is a natural redhead. His hair is relatively short, and usually gelled into stylish spikes on his head. He is usually seen wearing a black hoodie and slightly baggy jeans. He seldom shows any skin, besides his hands and face, and even those he keeps well hidden with his hood and his pockets. He shows the potential to be pretty handsome, but doesn't seem to take very good care of his appearance. His face is often quite pale and his eyes often seem bloodshot. He usually has a faint stubble growing on his chin. However, Riley has a kind and charming smile, and his pale, ice-blue eyes often make people want to smile if they do manage to meet his gaze, which doesn't happen often, since he has a habit of avoiding meeting the eyes of others. Riley has several scars, but the only ones anybody ever sees are those on his left cheek and across his right hand. He also has a tattoo at the back of his neck, but nobody has been able to work out what it is since it's almost always hidden by his hood, and one would be lucky to catch a glimpse of it.

Other: Riley was born in Ireland and has a slight Irish accent. He often misses school - sometimes his absenteeism goes on for days on end, and he often pitches up with new injuries, for which he always has unbelievable excuses.

Last edited by Polo the Weirdo on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing eye colour)
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Bumfluff! get your fluffy butt here ;) Empty Re: Bumfluff! get your fluffy butt here ;)

Post  GirlehfromPB Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:46 am

Lucinda-
I was wretched from my slumber by my brothers raging shouts. "Alright! I'm up already! So Shurrup you girt lumberer" I shouted, though the sleep still having an effect on my voice. I sighed, wincing at the moment as I gently rolled onto my back before sitting up, I used my hands rather than pulsing my own muscles to move my legs. I grunted in pain before sliding off the bed, shuttering as a shiver raced up my spine as my feet touched the icy floor boards. "I need a carpet in here" I concluded thoughtfully before padding across floorboards. I snagged my jeans and vest top off the top of the dressed before slowly getting dressed. Once done a brushed my hair before debating on applying some make up. I decided with it, hoping it would hide the worst of the scar, though even with my 'false face' as Quinn called it, it hid nothing, if nothing else made it worse. In the end I gave up, leaving on what I had before pulling on a hoodie. I then Snatched the bag off the chair slipping up the hgood, hiding my face frm view before heading down the stairs. Only once I was sure Quinn was busy did I head out. I didn't need a fuss made. I had been to school before, so why were the neves this bad now?

I walked down the streets, the rute imprinted on my mind. I hadn't taken it in over a year, thought the years before that I'd been here, it was easy. I hesitated outside the school grounds. one more step, one more step then I'd be in my own little world, being 'little miss popular'. I took that step before biting my lip, as if I had just stepped on a trigger eyes went on me, murmors followed as I limped my way towards the office, needing to pick up my new time table, needing to get through today without legging it. I didn't know if I could do it. I just didn't know, the excitement was gone, the egarness has vanished. It had come and gone, just like an adrenaline rush, you have to enjoy it while it's there. But I was faced with the suffering of my actions.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Riley sat in a hard-backed wooden chair opposite the Principal's desk. His hood hid his fiery head, and the shadow it threw over his face hid his downcast eyes. His hands twisted anxiously in his lap, and his icy blue eyes watched them with unwavering attention, though at the same time, his gaze was slightly unfocused. He was doing his best not to listen to the Principal's words, and the roaring wave of sound was crashing over his deaf ears again and again - yet not managing to penetrate. "For Goodness sake, son, are you listening to me?!" The principal roared, and this time, his words broke through. Riley glanced up briefly, met his eyes for a moment, then quickly looked away. He played it dumb, gnawing on his lip but refusing to speak. "ANSWER ME, BOY!" The principal demanded, his voice rising into an angry yell. "Yes sir." Riley replied simply, his tone quiet and unfeeling. "Good!" The principal snapped, "Then you'll know that your absenteeism has dragged your grades so low that you're on the brink of failure. Again." The man's eyes narrowed as he glared at Riley. Once again, Riley said nothing, but simply watched his twisting hands in his lap. "Do you even care about your future, Riley?" The man asked, his voice slightly softer now as he addressed Riley on a more personal level. "I'll catch up my work." Riley said simply, still refusing to look at the principal. "Riley..." He began softly, his tone gentle and concerned now, "Let us help you. Tell me what's bothering you." He pleaded, watching the boy with a sorrowful gaze. He knew that Riley was not as stupid as his grades suggested. The boy had talent, but he wasted it... The principal simply hated to see that.
With an effort, Riley dragged his gaze upwards and met the Principal's gaze, a reassuring smile lighting up his face and extending quickly to his eyes. "There's nothing bothering me Sir, really, only I haven't been feeling well these past few days so I thought it better not to come to school." He explained, his tone kind and cheerful. The principal returned his smile, almost without intention, then finally succumbed to Riley's wishes. "Very well, then..." He said with a defeated sigh, "You're dismissed, but make sure you catch up what you missed, and for goodness sake try get some extra credit projects done! It's high time you graduated from this place!" The Principal concluded in slightly desperate incredulity. He shook his head, then dismissed Riley with a wave of his hand. "Thanks, sir." Riley said simply, flashing another of his charming smiles before leaving the office. He walked down the corridor with his eyes on the floor, glad of his success, but still not seeming particularly heartened by it. After he had been walking a short while, he heard approaching footsteps. Glancing up, he saw a girl limping toward him. She seemed vaguely familiar, but at the same time, he knew he definitely had not seen her recently. "Hi." He greeted her tentatively, not quite looking her in the eye. He thought for a moment, and some piece of gossip he remembered hearing at some stage drifted into his mind. "Are you Lucinda Valentine?" He asked politely, "I can... I can show you where to pick up your timetable if you like..." He offered with a shrug, his pale blue gaze dropping to his feet as he waited for her answer.

Last edited by Polo the Weirdo on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Used wrong name)

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Lucida-
I glanced up at him doing my best to hold my tongue and be polite. The nerves vanishing from the scene. "I'm going to say this and I'm only going to say this once, so listen good and hard buddy boy." I started glancing up and as i did my hood falling showing the deep gory scar that marinated my cheek. "I am not dead. I have no brain damage i can remember perfectly fine. Just because i am partially paralysed from the waist down don't mean i am going to take any of your crap. I may not be able to be the good lookin popular gal anymore but i can still get you on your cute little ass faster than you could blink. Got it?" I asked him, waiting for my answer as i tapped my fingers rhythmically against my leg. In such a way a keyboard player could.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Riley blinked in surprise at her sudden outburst, slightly thrown by her intense words and manner of speaking. "I-I'm sorry...?" He apologised questioningly, watching her with a slightly confused gaze, yet always somehow evading her eyes. "I didn't mean any harm." He assured her, "I just thought I'd offer." He concluded with a shrug, seeming slightly stand-offish. "Well," He said with a shrug, his tone seeming a little less hazy now, and starting to show his Irish accent, "It's been a pleasure meeting you 'Not Dead'." He said, his face breaking into a smile that seemed to uplift his features and make them seem much gentler and more handsome than they usually cam across. He met her eyes for a brief moment, but soon dropped her gaze again. Though his eyes were clear, hiding them had become a habit, since he had never been able to stand the awkward questions that popped up when people noticed they were bloodshot. He was running out of excuses on that front... "I guess I'll leave you to it, then." He mumbled, staring at the floor. "I'd rather not acquire any bruises on my ass anyway, since I'll be needing to sit on it all day." He concluded, flashing her a brief smile and chuckling softly. "See you around, then." He added with a friendly, strongly Irish tone, raising a hand in farewell before making to step past her and continue on his way. He was obviously not at all offended by her words. In fact, after his initial confusion, he had hardly seemed concerned at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Lucida-
"Take away my fun. It's Lucy." She called. Before heading back to the principles office knocking before letting herself in. Smiling at they elder male before taking a seat as asked
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Riley raised a hand to acknowledge that he had heard what she said, his lips twitching in a slight smile, but he kept walking. The moment he lowered his hand he shoved it back into his pocket and walked on with his head bowed. He still had a little while before class began, but he still had to try remember the combination for his locker and gather the books he needed before the day started. Riley watched his feet as he walked, briefly returning the friendly greetings of those who bothered to acknowledge his presence. He liked to do what he could for others, and he liked to befriend them, but he sill kept to himself for the most part. The reasons were complicated, but he supposed the simplest would be that he could be just a little shy at times. Riley paused as he reached his locker, removing his left hand from his pocket to rub his thumb thoughtfully over his chin. His skin rasped against the faint stubble covering his face, and eventually Riley found himself simply cupping his chin in his hand and staring at the locker - demanding that it reveal its secrets. Finally, the numbers came to him, and Riley snapped his fingers in realisation before twisting the dial to the appropriate numbers. The locker sprung open, and Riley quickly gathered up all the books he would need for the day.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:43 am

Lucinda-
I sighed heavily, listening to him ramble, I didn't want to be a part of this. Yeah, I still had my attitude, but I'd have to strat from scratch again... I was wrenched frommy thoughts as he went on about me having a study buddy. "What?!" I screamed sitting bolt upright before letting out a squeal of pain, butting it into a hiss as it escaped through my teeth.
"Luncy, your not ready. Riley is a good kid, you'd be fine together." He insisted, handing over the time table, locker number and como.
"You'll pay for this" I informed him bluntly before taking it and heading my way out. Riley... Hmmm, I didn't know what I was going to do. I walked to the locker before shoving the paper in my pocket before I glanced at the lockers. Wondering if this Riley was around, I hoped not. But then I hoped he was... Otherwise the teacher would probably make a huge fuss over it. Speaking of teachers Mr Sanchez... I had to see him, I had to make sure he knew I was fine, living, walking. He was the only teacher who knew I wasn't dead. he was the one who put me up for all of this. He wanted me to perform. I rhythmically typed my fingers against my leg in thought. It was always in the same way. Force of habit, the way I had learnt the song. I then shoved the thoughts away, I wouldn't perform again. I never wanted to play again, it was my fault all of this had happened.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:35 am

Riley glanced up from his books as he suddenly heard his name being called. "Riley? Riley Doyle?" Came the voice, and Riley turned his head to see a boy he recognised as a perfect holding up a sheet of paper and glancing around - evidently looking for something. From the boy's words, he assumed that this 'something' was him. "I'm Riley Doyle." He said quietly, walking over to the boy and waiting with downcast eyes for whatever the boy had to say. He kept his hands firmly hidden under his books, for he was not keen to have anybody see them if he could help it, and whilst he had books to carry he could not hide them in his pockets. "Riley." The boy greeted him formally, "The principal has asked me to notify you of several things." He went on, his tone slightly cold and professional. Riley merely nodded, keeping his eyes on the ground. The fact that he would not meet the prefect's gaze seemed to annoy the boy, as he found it disrespectful, and his tone became more snappish with each word leaving his lips. "Firstly, you need to present a doctor's certificate and schedule to rewrite the tests you missed - Otherwise you'll get zero, and from what I hear, you can't afford many more failures." The boy smirked slightly at his own smart-mouthed comment, only to have his face creasing back into an ill-tempered frown when Riley merely nodded and accepted his mockery in amiable silence. "The other thing," The boy went on stiffly, "Is that he has assigned you a study buddy. He says you are to make sure she can find her way around, and that nobody picks on her, since apparently she's been under some sort of stress or something." The boy shrugged, then went on, "And she'll be helping you to better your grades and improve your work ethic, or so we hope." With that, he slapped a test schedule into Riley's hand, along with a piece of paper bearing the text 'Lucinda Valentine'. Riley considered it for a moment, then glanced up at the boy as he began to walk away. "Thank you." He said simply, allowing a slight smile before he turned away and headed toward his class, the piece of paper with the name of his new study buddy crunched in his hand - the hard creases in the folded paper digging sharply into his palm.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:29 am

Lucinda-
I caught glimpse of the messanger. Oh great, he was Riley. If this daycouldn't get any worse. I had to glance over my time table, aparently it could. I had music second. Great, Mr Sanchez would make a fuss and make me play, I didn't want to play, at this moment I didn't want to be here. I had realized all the crap I was going to face and I wasn't so keen on the prospect. Though there was no going back now. I grabbed a couple of the blank books from my locker, my music book. They;d put it in there, I ran my fingers across the cover, almost caressing it. It was special, beyond repair. I sighed shaking away the thoughts before putting it in my bag also. I shut the locket before tracing the footsteps Riley had taken mear minutes before. Heading to the lesson, handing one of the notes to the techerbefore cursing my own actions. My hood wasn't up, the gasps and murmers filled the room as I grumbled. I pulle dup the hood only for the teacher to pull it back down. "When your face is messed up you can pull my hood down, but not before." I informed her bluntly before pulling my hood back up, glancing at the paper on her desk, I'd been put next to Riley. I walked over to my place before sitting down, the movement in slow motion as I struggled with it, though sat. Pulling out the blank book before my water and three different packets of painkillers. Each needed ever few hours, or when pain was too much. I quickly took the three, it was normal. I rarely noticed having to take them now, I then placed the bag on the floor. Putting my water and tablet in, bending from my back rather than my waist.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:50 am

Riley sighed as he entered the empty classroom, aware that he was running early but unwilling to stall any longer. He was more likely to get curious looks if he walked in after the others... The way they constantly peered under his hood trying to see his face never failed to make him feel uncomfortable, but he always tried his best to ignore it, for he did not want to come across as rude. Speaking of which, he hoped Lucinda, or Lucy as she seemed to prefer, wouldn't mind too much about being assigned to him, or vice versa... Actually, it seemed the principal thought they would both benefit from it. He was a good man. Riley wished he could pull his own weight what with the effort the principal was putting in to get him to pass, but it wasn't always that simple... Riley sighed again, then walked into the class toward his desk - his footsteps sounding loud and echoey in the peaceful pre-class silence. "Hood down, Riley." The teacher said automatically as he walked in, barely even glancing at him. The teachers no longer bothered to tell him to catch up his work, or demand a doctor's certificate. Instead, they just let the principal speak for all of them. Riley ignored the teacher, keeping his hood up as he walked to his desk in a pretense of inattentiveness, or feigned deafness. He sat down and pulled out his maths book, then crammed his hands firmly into his pockets. He stared blankly at the cover of his book as the students gradually began to file in - glad of the shadow of his hood hiding his downcast face. Finally, when the last student walked in, Riley heard some commotion, and glanced up. Seeing Lucy, he glanced instantly away again. He knew what it was like to have everybody stare at you when the last thing you wanted to be was the center of attention... He was not going to join that gawking gang of students making her feel so uncomfortable. No, he would simply ignore her unless she gave him reason to do otherwise. She didn't seem too keen to have to endure his presence anyway, so he would simply be naught but a shadow, as was his custom.
A short while later Lucy was sitting beside him, swallowing various pills. Riley glanced pointedly away, a slight tension showing in his actions, as though he felt extremely awkward. Then the teacher asked them to open their books and take out a pen. Riley sighed heavily, but resigned himself to doing what she said all the same - though it did mean showing his hands, which he was not keen to do.
Riley removed his hands from his pockets, took out a pen and flipped his book open. He rested his hands casually on his desk, hoping not to attract too much unwanted attention. His knuckles were split open, jagged cuts running along the back of his left hand. His right hand was slightly purple and swollen. The injuries seemed mostly superficial, but quite severe, despite the fact that they were half-healed already. Riley paid little attention to his hands. People were seldom observant enough to notice such details - especially on somebody as quiet and understated as himself. He hoped they would not see... And of course, he hoped they would not question.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:36 am

Lucinda-
I sighed softly, doing as asked. I noticed his hand, about to question before rethinking my actions. I glanced away biting my lip softly before looking up. I couldn't afford to become enemies with him, I didn't want to push him. I didn't know him well enough for that, i had just come out of hospital. I had been warned if I try to do too much I would just end up back in, and the paralying would get worse. It was luck to pull through once, but twice. You'd be tempting fate, dancing with fire then. I didn't want to push my luck with anything, I had a lucky break once, I wasn't banking on another. I sighed softly, closing my eyes for a moment...
The moments before, "This is what you've been waiting for all your life" Quinn spoke... His voice was faint, followed by a scream... My mothers. My fathers curses before all fell silence, except Quinn... His panicking, swearing...Wait. I'm unconscious... How...What? I watched over the scene, an out of body experience, but why could I only remember now? I watched, the lorry driver fine. Alcohol on his breath, Quinn's raging words, getting angry... Furious, he had to be restrained. Held back by the officer. It was my fault, I shouldn't of agreed. Mother was out instantly, pronounced dead at the scene. Quinn having to be held back at the news, the man should rot away in jail.
Month's it took me, months to get any movement, be able to sit up by myself. The pain, agony... Was it worth it? What I now have to go through, the medication the pain, guilt, fear. I never wanted to be in another car again. Quinn had to get a wheel chair and wheel me home when I was released, things I couldn't properly remember, but now... Everything was clear.
I jumped, my eyelids fluttering open as something hit my back. I winced at my own reaction. Glancing behind noticing a girl... I knew her. I did, but I couldn't name her. I noticed the paper onthe floor, she was indicating for me to pick it up. I couldn't it hurt. I glanced up at the techer, slowly jotting down notes before slowly reaching down, trying to get the note. Hissing lowly in pain as I struggled, unable to reach it. I couldn't, sitting hurt as it was. Bending any lower was pushing my limits. Docors had told me not to, like I wasn'jt aloud to pick anything up if it falls to the floor. I was never going to recover, it was a miricle I could walk. I would never be able to run, live by myself. It was impossibly, I couldn't fend for myself. Too hard of a push and I would full and be unable to get up. I struggled to get up from a sit. I gave one last final struggled reach, missing it by inches. a tear slid down my face, I could only take so much pain before it broke down my walls. They'd become stronger, but I had limits, I was constantly pushing them. I sighed, sitting back up in slow motion continuing with the notes, it was important I could do this. If I had nothing else I needed an education, not that I could ever get a job though it would be helpful. I didn't want to become a dunce.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Riley frowned in concentration as the teacher explained, copying down everything she wrote on the board - but not really understanding it. Given a little time, he knew he could grasp this work... But he had missed so much, it was impossible. It reminded him of that song, the one they had all sung as kids... "The foolish man built his house upon the sand..." The lyrics and melody escaped him now, but he remembered the message. Without a solid foundation, the house came tumbling down again and again. That was exactly how he felt in maths. As though he was trying to build a tower of cards on a pillow. They just would not stand without proper grounding. Riley sighed, quickly refocusing his attention on what he was supposed to be learning - desperate to take it all in.
Suddenly, a low hiss of pain distracted Riley from his note-taking, and he glanced briefly at Lucy. She was leaned over in her seat, trying to reach a piece of paper on the floor that seemed to dance just out of reach o her fingertips - taunting her like little boys taunted their dogs - waving hot-dogs in their faces before gulping it right down themselves and leaving the poor dogs with saliva dripping from their jaws, and no food to moisten with it. It was a cruel and miserable sight, but he dared not interfere. Riley jumped as the teacher's voice broke through his thoughts, reminding him that he needed to pay attention if he wanted to have any chance at all of finally progressing to he next grade. He jotted down notes a while longer, clenching his jaw to keep from wincing as the scabs on his hands cracked from the actions of his writing. His knuckles were skinned almost to the bone, and the cracking of the scabs made the old wounds burn as though a white-hot pokes was being pressed against his skin. He ignored it - focusing on the soft scratching of his pen as it inked dark words and symbols into the pale paper. Why was it that none of them made any sense...? Okay, so X was equal to 3, but why? No matter how he looked at it, he couldn't comprehend... Yes, so when he divided with fractions he had to use a reciprocal. Well, that made sense... If he could remember what the hell a reciprocal was! Damn, damn, damn... He just couldn't keep up with all this...
Feeling his stress and frustration building, Riley glanced briefly at Lucy to distract himself. He cast his gaze instantly away as he noticed the tears on her face - feeling instantly guilty for intruding, yet unable to stifle a stab of sympathy. His tongue darted nervously over his lips, and he turned back again, quickly leaning over and tipping his chair sideways. His long arm reached the spot easily, and his fingers whisked the note off the floor without a fuss. "Here." He whispered softly, placing it gently on her desk. His brilliant blue eyes were still cast aside, staring at his desk, almost as though he was afraid to see her reaction. He snatched his hand away from her desk quickly as soon as he had deposited the note there, but apparently he had been too late, for the next moment Riley jumped half out of his skin as an appalled voice jolted violently through his ears. "RILEY DOYLE! What on God's green earth has happened to your hands?!" The teacher demanded, clapping a hand over her mouth in utter horror. As one, the class all turned to lock their greedy, curious eyes on his hands. Riley shoved them firmly into his pockets, staring even harder at his desk as he felt the heat crawl into his ears and cheeks until they matched the colour of his hair. "I tripped." He muttered feebly. "Tripped?" The teacher inquired disbelievingly, raising her eyebrows. "Yes... Down the stairs..." Riley added lamely, clearly not keen to speak. The teacher scoffed and rolled her eyes, then ceased her interrogation, obviously deciding that Riley wasn't worth her time. The students, however, continued to stare. Riley wished they wouldn't.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Lucinda-
"Thanks" I whispered smiling faintly before opening the note. Sighing heavily, I'm top now, and your left with him. Ha, your nothing now sweetie. As soon as I read the note I knew who it was. Jane. My enemy. I glanced up at the comotion from his hands, I cleared my throat shifing the attention, "That is how I got this scar" I said softly, slipping down my hood before moving my hair behind my ears. I ran a finger across the gory mess on my cheek. "Falling down the stairs, it all depends on whats at the bottom" I spoke boldly, ignoring Jane's snigger to my defending of Riley. I wouldn't like to be starred at, I doubted he did. He did something nice for me. It was returning the favour. It was even, I didn't know why I was so egar to keep things that even with him, though a gut feeling told me he was one to keep on my good side. Though then again, I was one to hold a grudge. I didn't want to hold a grudge against my 'Study Buddy'. I looked at the board. Not caring about the starers. They had no lives, if they really wnated to be a noboddy go for it. I wasn't caring, I caught up on the notes I had missed, understanding it all with ease, despite the year worth of education I had missed.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Riley glanced at Lucy in vague surprise at her sudden bold outburst. He glanced over her briefly, as though seeing her for the first time, and even met her gaze and held it for a moment - which was exceedingly rare for him. His icy-blue eyes were soulful and enchanting - seeming as though they ought to belong to somebody far... 'different' looking to himself. In the brief moment that they skimmed Lucy's face, they held some gratitude, but he soon dropped his gaze and glanced away again - the shadow of his hood hiding his face for the most part. "Thanks." He murmured, his strongly accented whisper barely audible. He couldn't remember the last time somebody had stood up for him like that... He had become something of an outcast recently, and though the others seldom showed him malice or ill intentions, they did not exactly embrace him with open arms either. He was simply 'there'. Just one more picture in the yearbook. Just one more 'classmate', or 'that guy'. He did not blame them... How could anybody know him? He seldom spoke, unless spoken to, and he wasn't around often enough to forge any real friendships. He tried not to let it bother him though. It didn't matter what they thought, as long as they let him be. Gnawing thoughtfully on his lip, Riley turned his attention back to the board. Oh great... What was this - Greek?! He didn't remember this stuff... Besides, he couldn't focus now. He was still trying to work out why Lucy had stood up for him... He had thought she hated him for some reason... Then again, perhaps this was some sort of 'eye for an eye' deal. Though the way he saw it, it seemed more like 'pinkie finger for a lung'. He had picked up one little piece of paper... She had stolen the unwelcome attention focused on him at her own cost. Now that was a noble thing to do...

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Lucinda-
"Forget it" I spoke, before glancing at the paper Jane had thrown again. I wanted to screw it up and rip it into shreds, as if it was her. But that was a childish thing, I had to be the mature one here. I glanced across at Riley, noticing his confusion. I pickdd up my pencil again, leaning over slightly, "look, 'X' stands for a number, so if it's say '3(x+4)-5' it would be three times x. '3x' three times four, twelve take away five. so you do twelve take away five which leaves you with seven, so the answer would be seven take away 3x. As you can't go no further you would leave the 3x unless the five had an X." I explained slowly, trying to keep it simple, though I failed at explaining. I hope he understood, keeping my voice hushed. As far as the others knew it was simple harmless talking. I hated algebra myself but I knew how to do it, and that was my advantage.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Riley nodded slightly at her comment, still looking away, twisting his hands nervously in his lap. He glanced back at Lucy as she leaned over, frowning slightly before turning his attention to her pencil-tip. He listened intently to her words, nodding slightly from time to time. Blast it, he knew all this! This was basic... He had learned it ages ago... But why hadn't he remembered? As the basics clicked back into place, Riley glanced at the board again, and a soft laugh burst from his lips. It all made sense now! To think that it had been so simple... Just one stupid lapse of memory... He shook his head at his own silliness before glancing over at Lucy, not quite meeting her eyes, as usual. "Thanks." He mumbled quietly, "I remember now." His lips twitched in a slight attempt at a smile - but it slipped instantly from his face as the bell sounded. The sudden sound caused him to jump twitchily in his seat, acting almost like a big squirrel, and he quickly gathered up his books and slipped them into his bag. Slinging it over his back, Riley stood up ad began to step away from his desk, but as he moved, one of the students walking past shoved past him, pushing him sideways. Riley bit down on his lip to hold in a grunt of pain as his right hand was crushed against the desk. One the other student was past, he pushed away from the desk and released a soft sigh, plunging his injured hand into his pocket before anybody could see the extended damage to it. He began walking toward the door, then hesitated a moment and turned back, fidgeting uncertainly as he waited for Lucy. He was supposed to help her out... Whether she liked it or not. Besides, he had reason to, now. He owed her... And in his world, debt was a factor of huge importance.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Lucinda-
I lanced up once I had put my things away, smiling faintly at him. I slowly stood, pain slithered through me, it hurt. I pushed my self, and now I was going to pay big time. I slowly pushed the chair under before slowly making my way out. "Do you have music as well or will me have some lessons apart?" I aske dhim, hoping like anything He didn't have music, I didn't want him to see me playing, going against my word, though I owed Mr Sanchez one last play. The song we have done to the bone, the pattern on the keys I so frequently played against my leg. I slipped my hair back so it covered my face before slipping up my hood once more, though I was almost positive most people knew about the scar. I got it for trying to walk donw the stairs too soon. Smashing my face into the glass table that once was at the bottom. I shook away the thoughts, taking a few limped steps towards the door, glancing at him, waiting my answer. I wans't sure why I was so desperate for him not to be, though at the same time I guess he deserved to see me at peace. Where I loved to be, where I could no longer be anymore.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:30 pm

Riley frowned slightly, trying desperately to remember, but his mind failed him. He pulled his timetable out of his pocked and glanced over it briefly. Health class... He had health class... Joy. Well, at least it was break afterwards. He would just wait it out... "No... I mean, yes." Riley replied quietly, his eyes still downcast, his fingers fiddling nervously with the timetable. "We go to separate lessons now." He explained quietly. "Goodbye." He added, flashing a gentle smile before walking out of the door. He paused briefly as he entered the corridor. "And thanks..." He muttered quietly, his words barely audible. With that, he walked briskly off to his class. Riley felt his jaw clench as he reached the door. He stared through the window for a moment, then shook his head violently and turned away.

Riley walked through the empty corridors, glancing around edgily and hoping he wouldn't run into anybody. He broke into a jog every now and again - as though desperate to get somewhere - and urgently. He suddenly saw a bathroom up ahead, and he made a dash for it. Only on the way, a sweet melody caught his attention. He paused and doubled back on his tracks, glancing through the dirty window to see a somewhat familiar figure sitting at the keyboard - glorious music trickling like wine from her fingers. Suddenly, Riley no longer had an urge to escape. He slid down to the floor and sat outside the classroom, listening peacefully to the music.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Lucinda-
I sighed, happy to notice I was in the classroom alone. My music lessons continuing, as they had before, it was just me and Mr Sanchez. As it was before. I glanced at the notes... The odd splatter of blood over a couple of pages as I Played, playing the keyboarded version through once before changing it. GHoing to to the song I knew to the bone. Sighing softly before focusing on my breathing starting the song, my fingers moved fluently across the keys. Before the lyrics escaped my lips,
I am outside
And I've been waiting for the sun
With my wide eyes
I've seen worlds that don't belong
My mouth is dry with words I cannot verbalize
Tell me why we live like this

Keep me safe inside
Your arms like towers
Tower over me

Yeah
Cause we are broken
What must we do to restore
Our innocence
And oh, the promise we adored
Give us life again cause we just wanna be whole

Lock the doors
Cause I like to capture this voice
it came to me tonight
So everyone will have a choice
And under red lights
I'll show myself it wasn't forged
We're at war
We live like this

Keep me safe inside
Your arms like towers
Tower over me

Cause we are broken
Our innocence

Tower over me
Tower over me

And I'll take the truth at any cost

Cause we are broken
Our innocence

I sung the song not for note, though I made it my own. Smiling faintly once I was done. Glancing at my teacher before blush crept into my cheeks. It was all I needed, the one nod he gave.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Riley's head jerked up as the figure he now identified as Lucy broke into song. Still sitting and leaning against the classroom wall outside, Riley listened more attentively than before. His expression stiffened slightly and he glanced at the ground, though there was nobody around to hide from... Nobody to see his shame... Except himself. He shook his head, trying to rid himself of the stab of empathy those lyrics brought. They were so... Fitting. And the way Lucy sang them - with such emotion - he could almost feel them crying out from his own heart. Ah, but who was he kidding...? He wasn't that guy any more. He'd accepted his lot by now... He knew that he had long since forsaken that innocence, and that it was never coming back. He knew that his life would never be whole gain... That he could never be restored... And he had accepted it. So what the hell was he moping about? Nothing. One sad song, one stab of empathy, one moment of sorrow. Undetectable and meaningless... And now it had passed, and he would never think on it again.
He raised his head again as Lucy ceased playing, and slowly heaved himself to his feet - surprised at how difficult it was to balance with his hands shoved into his pockets. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he leaned his back against the wall, waiting for Lucy to emerge, not really caring if she did or not... Not really caring if she noticed him... Yet waiting all the same.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:37 am

Lucinda-
I sighed biting my lip. I had to tell him, "I can't ever play again. If I didn't want to perform, my parents would still be alive, then everything would be fine. I'd give up everything to have them again. I'm sorry, I just...Can't." I told him before looking down, seeming ashamed by my words before jumping as he placed his hand on my shoulder.
"It's fine Lucy, though it's harsh but they wont come back, why give up what you hold dear in hope of a fantsy that's never going to excist?" He asked gently,
I sighed. Looking away, I couldn't be doing this. His words were the truth, I didn't want to be here. No. "I-I've gotta go." I spoke simply before heading for the door. I held my head low. "I just don't know,w hat I love has been taken away. I will probably never have it back." I spoke, the words were empty before I walked out to room, jumping as I noticed Riley. "Wha...Wait... You heard me play?" I asked before groaning and looking away from him. I slammed the door shut behind me running my hands through my hair, showing signs of stress. "No one can know. If I never played, if I never wanted to perform my parents would still be here. I'd be able to walk, run bend down, live by myself. Because of my playing, their not. It's my fault." I told him gently. Refusing to look at him.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Riley shifted his gaze to the ground and sat in silence at Lucy's words, which somehow seemed more like an accusation. When she turned away, he raised his head and watched her - his enchanting ice-blue eyes locked upon her in a gaze that was clearly meant to see - but not be seen. "You play well." He murmured softly, keeping his words simple as always and speaking in a slightly shy tone. He dropped his gaze as she turned back to him and began talking again, even though she wasn't looking directly at him. "If it helps you sleep at night..." He murmured softly in response to her words, shrugging vaguely. He was sure she'd heard the 'It's not your fault, don't give up' card a thousand times or more. That was what everybody thought you wanted to hear... But unless he was simply one of a kind, he knew that quite often those with sincere problems, not jut attention-seeking ones, actually wanted people to understand their decisions, empathize with them, and accept them - rather than trying to convince them that thy were wrong... Happiness could not be forced. If self-blame was what gave her comfort, then who was he to dictate? Perhaps it was a bad thing... Okay, it was definitely a bad thing, but sometimes those bad things were necessities. Sometimes the more people pushed you to stop and change, the more you longed to keep going... The more you longed to stay the same...
"I am sorry..." He added hesitantly, shifting himself back from thoughts into speech "For what happened, that is... You have my condolences." He trailed off for a moment then, struggling as always to find words for his thoughts. "Just... Don't start chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow." He advised timidly, "You'll never find it, and you'll just forget to enjoy the beauty of what's been given to you in the struggle." Slightly ashamed by his words, Riley pushed himself to his feet and began walking away - his hands still shoved deep into his pockets. "Whoever that was playing in there, they were brilliant." He called back as he continued to walk away, "If you know them - give them my compliments." And in those words Riley swore himself to secrecy. He continued walking down the passageway - unaware of where his feet were taking him, and not really caring. There was but one place he wanted to get: Away.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Lucinda-
I watched him, leaning against the wall. I closed my eyes a small tear escaping. He was right, I knew it. But I couldn't, this was my fault this happened. I sighed, wanting to shink, sit on the floor and cry. But hell I couoldn't even do that now. I was being pathetic I sighed, I couldn't do it. It was too much too soon. I headed away, limping the path Riley had taken moments before, though I headed for the gates. i couldn't do it. I just couldn't There was only so much one person could take. I had breached my limits. I bit my lip, holding back the war I was having with my emotion. I needed to be alone. Quinn wouldn't be in... I couldn't see him taking a day off work just because I wasn't at home, he worked when I was home. I closed my eyes, thinking everything over. Before deciding it was best for me to just go.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next