Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girleh and Polo.

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Girleh and Polo. - Page 2 Empty Re: Girleh and Polo.

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:43 am

Maggie-
She looked at him, "I can't write lyrics either." She stated bluntly. "Why not come with me and listen to what I've got and see if you can add Lyrics to that?" She offered thinking to herself. She needed to pass her passes. To be able to get away from her parents, she didn't want to be forced into the music industry. It was nothing to her.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

http://girlehfrompb.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:49 am

"What part of 'I can't write lyrics' don't you get?" Leon snapped angrily. "I didn't say 'I can't do it unless I hear the music first', I just said 'I can't do it'. Why? Well, because I can't! Is that so hard to understand?!" With a growl of frustration he fell silent, tugging at his perfectly styled hair.
"Look, whatever. If you want lyrics, you write them. I don't care about graduating from this stupid place, anyway."
He shrugged nonchalantly, then turned away. He was sick of everybody asking him to go back to his old life... He was sick of people looking at him, and saying 'There goes Leon Hunter, the singer', when he was not a singer any more. The music in him was dead, so why was it that everybody seemed to expect it to come back?!
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:53 am

Maggie-
"Fine! You know what bloody fine!" She snapped, not caring any more. "Leon Hunter, always getting his way. Sounds about right doesn't it?! You think I want to work with you?! I;d rather not. I've tried to help! I cannot write lyrics. I cannot sing. And I will not play any more. You get your way once again. I feel sorry for my father. How on earth he coped being your agent is completely beyond me. But I will not be treated like crap. You can treat everyone else like it. But not me, you cannot show off for me. It doesn't work. I do not care!" She half screamed at him, before walking away from him. She wasn't doing this. She'd probably said far to much but right now she just wasn't thinking clearly. "Go die in a hole" she added harshly
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:03 am

Leon was slightly surprised by Maggie's outburst - especially upon finding out that her father was his agent. That probably meant she knew a little more about him than most people... He had never told his agent all that much - but they had been pretty friendly at one stage. Back when Leon was still... Well, Leon.
At Maggie's final comment, Leon glanced up, staring blankly after her. "Maybe I will." He muttered quietly.
And with that, he turned and walked away. One more enemy - super... That was exactly what he wanted. If only what he wanted didn't make him feel like he was dying inside...

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:12 am

Maggie-
She ran a hand through her hair. She was going to fail. Flipping brilliant. She stormed back to her room, she preferred the old Leon, she gave him the chance. She'd tried to be nice, she really had but there was only one chance she would give. He was being an ass over it so fine. She wouldn't bother any more. It was pointless in trying for something that someone didn't want to happen.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:24 am

Days passed, but it was not long before Leon began to feel guilty for losing his temper with Maggie - even though he knew it was for the best... Rather hurt her now than let her get close to him, then hurt her more in the long run... But still, he felt guilty.
Thus it was that, over a long weekend where many of the students had left for home, Leon found himself sitting alone in his dorm - guitar on his lap.
His fingers brushed the strings softly, and he thought back to the notes that Maggie had shown him.
Holding them in his mind, he began to play the music as well as he could remember it - just plucking the strings softly, for fear somebody would hear. He let the music race through his mind - willing some lyrics to crop up from somewhere...
Nothing.
But he kept playing, and slowly - oh so slowly - they began to come to him...

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:29 am

Maggie-
She sighed softly, thinking to herself. She wasn't going home this weekend, her parents away on some trip. They were always priority. Never her, she sighed, walking to the music room, sitting on a desk and sketching again, silently, though watching the Piano. how she yearned to play. But no. She wasn't going to play, no. She didn't play any more. she sighed gently, moving her things so she was led on the floor, relaxed as she paid attention to every small detail of the instrument laid in front of her.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:45 am

As Leon continued to play, he began to hum to himself, and before he knew it - he was singing softly, the words finally returning to his silent lips.

"I still wish you the best of luck baby
And don't go thinking this was a waste of time
I couldnt forget you if I tried
You killed what was left of the good in me
I'm tired so let me be broken
Look down at the mess that's infront of me
No other words may be spoken
And I've got nobody else to blame though I tried
Kept all of my past mistakes down inside
I'll live with regret for my whole life"

As he sang, old memories dashed across Leon's mind, and the emotion that went with them squeezed at his heart - reminding him exactly why he had given this all up... It hurt... It hurt too much...

"I confess, that I brought this all on my self
Condemned to suffer alone, like there's nobody else
When your gone, it's like a whole part of me's missing
So I'll keep living the lie and just hope that your listening"

Finally, Leon fell silent - a lump in his throat restricting his voice. He brushed his hand gruffly across his eyes, then cleared his throat and began writing out the lyrics.
When he was done, he found Maggie's dorm, and slipped the page under the door, then turned to hurry away.

I'm a mess that's the best way to describe it
I leave no time to myself the only way I can fight it
When I'm alone it's like I'm staring into a mirror
Don't know the person inside it and that's never been any clearer
I miss our family and I miss all my friends
If you had it to do over your do it over again
Cause I would, it means something more to me
There's a whole in my heart where you use to be

I still wish you the best of luck baby
I couldnt forget you if I tried
I'll live with regret for my whole life

I confess, that I brought this all on my self
Condemned to suffer alone, like there's nobody else
When your gone, it's like a whole part of me's missing
So I'll keep living the lie and just hope that your listening

What doesn't make us alive here
But our foundation was built for sin
Now stop and run until the damage was done
And I've never had the upper hand

I still wish you the best of luck baby
I couldn't forget you if I tried

All the things you love are all the things I hate
How did we get here in the first place?

All but your cold blood inside your mind (All my trust)
Is always burning inside of me (All the way)
I can't make any more progress I know I'll faint
The only thing that can heal this this time is space

For my whole life

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 am

Maggie-
She sighed, giving into temptation. No one stayed over a weekend, she would be fine. She began playing a familiar tune. One she knew by heart, 'Once upon a December.' She smiled to herself as her fingers flew over the keys, replaying it slightly before she gently hummed the lyrics to herself. Before her family fell apart this was one her mother sung.
"Things my heart used to know..."
It was so fitting to her life. It was perfect, it was. Then her mother got into going professional, her father took on others. Then she became invisible to them.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:57 am

Leon was relieved when he reached his dorm without any disturbance.
Feeling suddenly drained, he flopped down on his bed - his handsome, tanned face suddenly gaunt and grey from the stress and exhaustion of battling his emotions while working on the song. He coughed softly, pressing one hand hard against his chest, as though that could keep it from feeling like it could burst into flame at any moment.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Maggie-
I sighed, heading back to my room, once finished there. Emotionally in pain. It was hard to accept what had been going on. She noticed the paper on the floor though and smiled weakly. Slowly opening it, and reading the lyrics. Knowing instantly. Him. Wait, what was Leon still doing here? She sighed. She definitely wouldn't be playing again knowing he was around. She told him she wouldn't play. she'd already gone back on it. Not again. So he was now going to fail the music assignment despite his efforts.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:10 pm

The days went by, and Leon heard nothing from Maggie. Not so much as a thank you for his efforts. He was glad, really, since he didn't much want to talk to her - but it still annoyed him... Not her in particular, but people in general. Their lack of gratitude was pathetic... They just used him, and used him. He felt like a lemon - squeezed and pressed until he had nothing left to give, then thrown out with the rest of the garbage.
And it was in this downhearted frame of mind that he entered his music lesson the following week - on time for once - and stomped over to his desk at the back to sit down - folding his arms and staring aloofly out of the window.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:13 pm

[i]Maggie-
She slowly walked into the lesson, noticing him, but not sitting beside him like told, sitting on a chair. Though at the other end of the classroom. She wasn't working with him. He didn't like her, he had made that clear. She wasn't playing the piano for him, she wasn't even going to try. Not a chance. She was going to be stubborn and selfish. The way she wanted to be. 'Because she felt like it'.[i]
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:22 pm

Leon ignored Maggie - because if she didn't want to work with him, he honestly couldn't care less. He already didn't care what result he got for this project... He yawned tiredly, and when he opened his eyes, he saw the teacher looming over him. She demanded that he go over to Maggie, and since he wasn't feeling too well anyway, he decided not to resist. He simply got up, walked placidly over to her, and sat down in the desk beside her - ignoring the giggles and whispers that followed him.
If it had been just the two of them he might have apologised, but with everybody else around, he was supposed to be acting like a jerk.
"I did my bit, you know." He muttered under his breath.
"It cost me a hell of a lot, but I did it."
His eyes darted toward her, and he watched her intently - waiting for a reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Maggie-
"And I told you I will not play again. Deal with it." She spoke sharply, looking away from him. She was good at acting like a two year old with an attitude problem. It's what got her into this place. Her parents got sick of it so she was kicked out of the house and into here. Something she was good at and knew, "You want to get this thing done I suggest you try it on someone else. You've got what you wanted, I don't work for your charms. I've seen the proper Leon one too many times.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:33 pm

"I didn't ask you to play." Leon pointed out calmly. "I didn't say I wanted to get this thing done, either. Nor have I used any sort of 'charm'. In fact, newsflash Honey, I'm hardly a charming guy - that's my charm." He smirked, chuckling softly o himself, then shook his head. "Look, believe what you want - but trust me, you don't know me. If you did, you wouldn't be putting words into my mouth, would you now?" He smiled slightly, then shrugged and stood, walking over to the teacher. He was feeling faint and lightheaded. So much so that he couldn't even manage to be as much of a dick as he ought to in public.
Thankfully, the teacher granted him permission to leave, so Leon began gathering his stuff to go to the hospital wing - feeling more weak and feverish by the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Maggie-
She sighed gently, before standing and going after him. "I need to talk to you, outside of here. Away from everyone else" She spoke softly. He'd be different then. She knew he would be, Maggie just needed to talk to him. Alone, not with the sniggers and the whispered that followed in the classroom.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Leon sighed irritably, leaning against a wall for support, then glanced around to make sure nobody was listening.
"Fine..." He agreed grudgingly, "But make it quick, I'm not feeling well."
And with that, he followed Maggie to wherever she was taking him - curious about what she wanted to say.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:50 pm

Maggie-
She sighed before going into onee of the close sound proof rooms. "Look, this is just as hard for me as it is you. I will make the effort if you want as you have. I'm sorry for snapping, but you just... Don't..." She sighed, "forget it. Your not feeling well." She spoke gently, looking away from him with a gentle sigh. It wasn't worth rambling onwards about nothing. It was pointless, she doubted he would even listen to her.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Once the door was closed, Leon gave Maggie his full attention - not bothering to be grumpy and defensive now there was no chance of being overheard.
"I don't care about the project." He murmured quietly. "If you don't want to play the music - don't. No point destroying yourself over it..." He trailed off into silence, thinking back to when he'd written those lyrics.
Destroying himself... Huh? Well, it had certainly hurt him. No reason she should go through the same.
"Now come on, what were you going to say?" He asked quietly - reaching out a hand to gently lift her chin so her eyes met his. "I don't, what?" He asked, watching her intently.
What had she been about to say...?
There was something about her now. A certain gentility, that made her seem almost fragile it awoke the nurturing instinct within him, and suddenly Leon could not help but act kindly.
This... This was who he truly was. Just a sensitive little boy who had been crushed and stepped on a few too many times.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Maggie-
i looked at him, I tensed at his hand at first, expecting him to hit me. Relaxing slightly as he didn't. "You don't realize how lucky you are, you have so much talent. Such a loveable character, people want to be around you." Maggie finished slightly timidly, her icy gaze alight with fear. Afraid of him, his reaction, herself, everyone. "You can get so much working for you like that, I read the lyrics, they seemed more than just words, more like the path to your emotions. You need to relax at times, I bet all this tension and having to be someone your not is what is making you so ill." She added gently, watching her words carefully.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:17 pm

"That's easy to say..." Leon murmured, dropping his hand to his side and stepping away, staring vaguely around the room. "But I don't feel quite so lucky any more. Surrounded by all these people... But they don't love me - they love Leon Hunter. They love my talent - talent I sometimes wish I didn't even have..." He trailed off, letting a frustrated sigh escape his lips, and running his hands through his hair. Why on earth was he opening up like this...? These were his real feelings! He wasn't supposed to spill these... Why was he speaking to Maggie about them now...?
"I don't even know who I am any more..." He muttered bitterly, sinking down into the nearest chair as he felt his strength ebbing away again. He sighed softly, then glanced at Maggie with just a slight smile tugging at his lips. "Thank you..." He murmured quietly, "You were right... It feels good to be myself for once."

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:21 pm

Maggie-
"Why I needed you alone, so I could get through that thick skull of yours. I'm here if you need to talk to me, the offer will always be there." She spoke gently, before sitting beside him. Thinking to herself, confused as to why she was being nice. "Do you want to try this project? Pass at least one glass" She giggled weakly.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:30 pm

"I don't exactly make it easy, do I?" Leon commented with a chuckle. He twisted his hands in his lap for a moment - seeming uncharacteristically insecure - then glanced up at Maggie, managing a slight smile. "Sure, why not? One pass couldn't hurt my reputation too much." He joked weakly, chuckling softly to himself.
"You know what, Maggie? You're alright. I'm sorry I was such a jerk to you before."
He looked up at her with an apologetic smile - the expression cutely complimenting his handsome face. ((That time he actually DID turn on the charm XD ))
"And you know, you can talk to me, too, if you like. I know I've got plenty of flaws, but you can trust me to hold my tongue, at least." He offered with a weak laugh - falling silent quite soon as a wave of dizziness swept over him.

Back to top Go down

Post  GirlehfromPB Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Maggie-
She thought for a moment, "forget it, we were both jerks." Maggie pointed out gently, noticing the smile and ignoring it. They were friends... "My life is just about as messed up at yours buddy" She grinned before twirling some hair around a finger thoughtfully.
GirlehfromPB
GirlehfromPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next