Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty

2 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty - Page 7 Empty Re: Polo and Scatty-Batty-Catty

Post  Batcat Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:21 am

Adrian shrugged. "Lost my memory, remember?" He laughed at his choice of words, but took on a serious atmosphere again. "I guess I just didn't let it get to me. I concentrated on school and avoided you guys." He shrugged and rubbed his thumb over the other boy's hand trying desperately to make him feel better.
"It would be harder for you, but you don't hvae to let them know about it."
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:39 am

Vince snorted in amusement at Adrian's words, reluctantly allowing himself to cheer up and smile a little. "That's pretty smart..." He mumbled in response. "At least it would be, if I had the ability to concentrate on school. The second a teacher starts speaking, I start daydreaming. he sighed and rolled his eyes - finally raising his head and running his free hand through his hair. He seemed stressed now - but less despairing, at least. It helped to have Adrian to talk to... He was really grateful.
He glanced down with a slight shock as he felt Adrian's thumb stroking the back of his hand.
What the Hell...?
Was he comforting, or flirting?
Freakish and frightening as it was, Vince secretly hoped it was the latter.
"You won't tell anybody, will you?" He asked in a hushed voice, glancing nervously at Adrian. "I mean, I know I deserve it, but-" He broke off, unable to finish.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:06 am

Adrian gently shook his head and pulled his thumb away. "I'm not going to tell anyone. You have a month to practice out of school and then you can go back and act like you're still the same." He smiled gently and pulled his hand away, letting it rest on his own knee. He looked out the window then back at Vince. "I'm not going to tell."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:58 am

"You're a better man than I am, Adrian, I'll tell you that..." Vince muttered with a quiet chuckle. "Thank you."
He smiled, clearly comforted by Adrian's words, and looked up at the other boy - his confidence gradually returning.
"So, a whole month..." He mumbled thoughtfully - looking casually away. "You don't think... You and I could..." He trailed off, leaving his question hanging in mid-air. Quite literally, since they were on a plane.
He still didn't look at Adrian - just stared at the newspaper rising and falling on the chest of the snoring man sitting opposite him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:03 am

Adrian arched an eyebrow at the half-asked question. Was Vince seriously asking him this? If he was, then he was about to be in for a harsh surprise.
"Vince, I barely know you. You spent high school terrorizing me. I was afraid every time I turned a corner in the hallway. I'm not sure."
He looked out the window uncomfortably.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:11 am

"Well, suit yourself." Vince replied with a casual shrug. He folded his arms, and lay back in his seat in a nonchalant fashion, seeming hardly to care.
Of course, deep down, he did care. What he couldn't decide was whether he was feeling anger, resentment, disappointment or rejection. Either way, he was not pleased - but of course, Adrian could never know that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:38 am

Thinking back to the times Adrian had been rejected, he knew that the careless expression was meant to cover up a boy who cared deeply about what had just happened. He sighed, needing to make sure Vince understood.
"Look, I'm sorry, man." Adrian said, placing a hand on Vince's shoulder. "Maybe in a couple of weeks if you prove to me you've changed." He squeezed the boy's shoulder lightly to add an emphasis to his words.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:49 am

"Uh-huh." Vince grunted in response, shrugging Adrian's hand off his shoulder. "That's a load of crap. I may not be great at maths, but I've dated enough chicks to know that 'maybe' plus 'if' equals 'no'." He snorted in annoyance, folding his arms and looking away from Adrian. "But hey, why should I care? I'm out of your league, anyway."
And there it was. Classic Vince... As soon as he felt any sort of hurt, he instinctively became mean to protect himself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:21 pm

Adrian snorted and ground his teeth in annoyance. Vince was really starting to irritate him now. If this was how he was going to act, why even bother? Besides, he really only added the last part for the other boy's sake - not his own.
"I'm going to sleep." He said angrily, fighting to keep his voice down.He pulled up his backpack and pushed it up against the window so he could use it as a pillow. With that, he fell asleep instantly.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:26 pm

When he saw Adrian was asleep, Vince groaned and buried his head in his hands. Why the Hell did he always have to do that?! He screwed everything up... Why couldn't he just do something right, for once?
Vince took a deep breath, then released it with a shudder, trying not to feel the guilt and hurt that he had just decided were far worse the painful attraction he had been feeling for Adrian before.
In layman's terms, everything pretty much sucked.
Vince watched Adrian's peaceful, sleeping face for a moment - and made a mental note to apologise later. Adrian had only been trying to help, after all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:56 pm

When he awoke, they were at the airport of a small town in Jamaica. Adrian stretched and stood up, letting his bag fall to the ground with a loud thud. He groaned and bent over to pick it up. All at once, the memories from before came rushing back to him, and he looked at Vince with a cool, emotionless mask. He turned and smiled at Kelli a few rows up, who was jumping up and down excitedly.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:38 pm

When Vince heard Adrian stir, he turned to look at him - and was met with an icy expression. "Adrian..." He murmured, grasping his arm lightly. "Look, I... I'm sorry, okay. I didn't mean to be so... You know, like I always am- I just..." He trailed off, gnawing on his lip slightly and releasing Adrian's arm. "I'm confused or something, I don't know. Anyway I didn't mean it... Please forgive me?" He was silent a second - then anger flashed across his face, and he shifted away from Adrian. "Gosh, listen to me. I'm f***ing pathetic."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Adrian sighed and looked back at Vince, fighting the urge to cross his arms over his chest in the manner of a disappointed mother. Or parent. Or someone that was irritated. He watched the other boy carefully as he took in the apology, the words registering carefully in his mind. He certainly looked repentive, but how could he be sure? Well, rejection wasn't the way to go this time... Not at all.
"Listen, I was a little harsh. We could try, but I thought you didn't want anyone knowing?" He nodded pointedly at the two girls.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:57 pm

Vince bit his lip, glancing down at the ground, and shrugged silently. "No, I overreacted." He murmured, "You were completely right. I was just... Just upset, I guess. I tend to get aggressive when I feel vulnerable..." He trailed off, and resumed gnawing on his lip.
It was so weird, talking about himself like this... Actually putting words to his innermost thoughts. It felt good, though, in a weird way.
He shuddered slightly, then swallowed, and looked slowly up at Adrian. "So, I'm gonna try this again... Adrian, since we're stuck together for this time anyway, would you... Be my friend?" He emphasized the word - making sure his intentions were clear - and offered a faint smile.
"I can try harder, you know. Be somebody better... If you just give me a push in the right direction." He glanced hopefully at the other boy, swallowing thickly and hazarding a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Adrian let a small smile spread across his face. "Alright then. Friends it is." He chuckled and winked before turning his attention back to the aisle which was now being swarmed with people eager to get off the plane. He looked for an opening to join them while keeping an eye on Shae and Kelli so he didn't lose them.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Vince smiled gratefully at Adrian's answer, his shoulders slumping slightly in relaxation.
"C'mon. Let's get going." He encouraged, grabbing their smaller bags from the luggage rack overhead, and tossing Adrian's to him.
"Thanks..." He mumbled, slightly awkwardly, flashing Adrian a meaningful glance, and hoping that he would understand...
Thanks for everything you've done for me. The comfort, the forgiveness, the friendship, the teaching, the support... Thank you for being a better man than I am.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:11 pm

Adrian grinned as they stepped out of the plane next to each other. He really wasn't sure how he felt about Vince, but he could wing it if he needed to. Besides, it would be a nice form of revenge for the years of bullying if it didn't work out.
He frowned at the last thought, wondering when he'd become so sadistic. Maybe he was hanging out with the other boy too much.
He sighed and exited the plane in silence, walking quickly to catch up to the girls.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Vince mirrored Adrian's grin - seeming decidedly more cheerful now - but when the other boy suddenly quickened his pace, Vince's face fell. Why was Adrian walking away from him? What had he done now...? He just didn't understand.
Warning himself not to become paranoid, Vince simply shrugged it off and followed Adrian, quickening his own pace slightly to catch up with his new friend, and with the girls.
"So where do we go from here?" He asked pleasantly as he reached the group.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:03 am

Kelli arched an eyebrow at him, but pulled out her list of instruction Hayden had given her. For some reason he'd deemed her the most responsible. Adrian wasn't sure why, but guessed it was because Hayden thought he was too... bulliable? Like someone could influence him. Kelli was strong-willed, smart, and safe.
He smiled at the peppy blonde and watched as she smiled back when she glanced up. "Find a cab and get to our hotel. Anyone got money?"
Shae nodded and wrinkled her nose. "I always have money, Kel."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Vince simply remained silent, and followed the group meekly. They found a cab, and all clambered in - lugging heavy suitcases with them.
Vince stared mildly out of the window as Kelli explained to the cab driver where they were going - and within moments, the scenery he had been watching became a blur.

They arrived not long later, and Vince unloaded the luggage - handing each of his companions their respective bags. Once everybody was ready, they trundled into the hotel.
Vince glanced around curiously at the ornately decorated interior. A large Persian rug marked the entrance, and large plants stood in pots in each corner of the room. His companions exchanged some excited chatter, but Vince remained silent and detached - keeping to himself somewhat. It was easier, that way. His mind was filled with such a confusion of thoughts that he couldn't possibly keep up with the group's conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:45 am

[[Sorry for the delay Sad]]

Adrian watched the streets rush by from the front seat of the cab. The two girls sat in the back with Vince, so that he could have some space. Which was good, because he really didn't want to be next to the other boy right now. His emotions were all too confusing...
As they pulled up to the huge building, the small boy swallowed and asked with an incredulous expression. "This is where we're staying?!"
The cabbie nodded with a crooked toothed grin and held his hand out for the green papers. He sighed and handed him fifty dollars, not bothering to ask for change since he didn't speak the same language. The driver's eyes lit up and wished them good luck in his own native language. When he pulled away, Adrian stared up at the glass doors in amazement. "Wow." He mumbled. Thank goodness no one heard him. They all moved inside and Adrian talked excitedly with the girls. Kelli went up to the front desk to get their information and room keys while Shae stayed behind with Adrian. She grinned at him and tugged on his hair flirtatiously. "Toot bad we're not allowed in each other's rooms, hm?" She teased.
Adrian arched an eyebrow at her. "Right. I'm so deppressed because you can't be my personal little slut."
The girl rolled her eyes and sighed. "Hey, don't be so uptight. We're on vacation. Relax." She split the word into two the way she said it.
Adrian sighed and held his hands up, finally capitulating. "Fine. I will."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Vince chuckled slightly at the exchange between Shae and Adrian, smiling fondly and shaking his head.
"Oi." He said, punching Adrian lightly in the arm. "C'mon, let's find our room."
He smiled warmly at the boy - his confidence gradually inflating again now to allow him to become more sociable. "You girls okay to part ways here?" Vince asked, glancing briefly toward the girls - still smiling. "We can all unpack our stuff into our rooms now, and meet back here at 7PM to get some dinner. Sound good?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7