Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Batty's new RP. :D

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Polo and Batty's new RP. :D Empty Polo and Batty's new RP. :D

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 pm

So - a week-long school trip? Smile

Character:

Name: Drake Sithmore
Description: It's hard to say, since nobody really bothers to get to know him. He's definitely the quiet, dark and mysterious type - but not in the way that draws others to him. He most definitely pushes them away. Everybody seems to agree that the boy is just plain weird, so they avoid him. Even the bullying jocks leave Drake alone - maybe they're worried he'll perform some sort of satanic ritual on them?
Drake is, by society's common term, a 'metalhead'. He appreciates hard rock and heavy metal music, and dresses accordingly. He has a pair of piercings in his lower lip, another in his eyebrow, and he always keeps his raven-black hair long and perfectly styled. He has a somewhat pale complexion, suggesting that he doesn't get out much. This suspicion is seconded by his build, which is toned, but not overly muscled.
He's tall, too - not freakishly so, but definitely above average height.
He usualy dresses in black clothing, often adorned with studs and chains.

((I'm just going to go with that for now. XD ))
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo and Batty's new RP. :D Empty Re: Polo and Batty's new RP. :D

Post  Batcat Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:58 am

Dude. He's intense O.o

Leo Carter Cordova
Leo
Male
Looks
I'm pretty tall, but I'm also lean. It comes from my running. I'm a runner - cross country, track, you name it. I have golden brown skin and I tan easily because of my Mexican background and it doesn't take that long. I have light brown hair that's usually pretty shaggy. My eyes are weird. They look different colors - ranging from gold to dark brown - depending on what I'm wearing and what the weather is like. Like right now, I'm wearing a yellow shirt, and it's sunny. They're light gold. But yesterday it was raining, and they looked like chocolate. I have no idea why they do that, but I think it's pretty vool.
I usually wear loose fitting clothes. Normal clothes. Whatever's in 'style'. You wouldn't know I was gay by just looking at me - except for maybe the fact that I'm always surrounded by girls, which is usually a pointer. Girls love gay guys for some reason...
Personality
I'm pretty laid back. I don't take too much too seriously and I just like to enjoy life. I'm definitely not innocent - I've had my share of everything - and I like making vulgar comments and jokes. I like to help people whenever I can, which I guess is one of my downfalls. I take on too much sometimes. But I'm trustworthy. Unless I don't like you. I tend to leave those people alone though. I also don't get too caught up in relationships. There's just not enough time.

[[And now I must start -.o]]

Leo grabbed the blue duffel bag from the passenger seat with a strong arm, yanking it out his door with him. He was in the already crowded school parking lot, because it was that time of year. It was only 6 in the morning (psh, only) but everyone was excited and chattering. He grinned. This would be great.
He slung the bag over his shoulder as he locked his car door. The sudden noise brought attention to him, and the group of girls he liked to call his "aficionados" swarmed him, already talking loudly about how fun it would be.
"I wonder if they'll let you in the girls' hall, considering you're gay and all. Wouldn't it be fun if they did? I mean, we could have a movie night and eat popcorn and talk about hot guys together!"
That was Laura, his best friend for years now. They were also neighbors, and it would have made sense to carpool, but he hadn't thought about it. Oh well. The environment would have to deal.
Leo laughed. "Maybe if we make a special case to them. I'm sure they would." He winked and they all laughed.
Laura, like him, was nice. She didn't like the "popular" girls of the school. She just didn't. They were bitchy and arrogant and showed way too much skin. That was the part she hated to most. She was not going to be a skank working on the corner like them.
No way in hell.
They began walking down the sidewalk when one of the girls whispered, "Hey, look who decided to come along." As if on cue, they all turned their heads to see Drake Sithmore, the school weirdo, sitting on the steps to the school, earbuds in, probably listening to the heavy rock music he so idolized. He only knew about that because of the one time they had to spend after school together. They were both getting chemistry help and the teacher hadn't shown up yet. It had been a while.

They had been sitting across the room, Leo struggling to understand the tiny text printed on the page, Drake not giving a crap and listening to some heavy music. Leo could hear it all the way from his seat. Curious, he had walked over and tapped the boy's shoulder to get his attention.
"Can I listen?" He asked loudly.
The boy just nodded and passed him an earphone. Leo sat down and closed his eyes, letting the beat and the screaming artist take away all the stress...

Now Leo only liked that genre of music. He supposed he needed to thank the boy, but decided that could wait until there was an awkward moment between them where they needed to interact but couldn't find anything in common. He chuckled and said to the girl who'd brought him up, "Thanks babe. Maybe I should go check him out."
They all - except for Laura, who rolled her eyes at him - screamed with laughter. He sighed. They really needed to find some real friends and not just tag along him.
Nothing against Laura, but he knew he wouldn't be going down to her room - with all of her squealy, fan-girl roommates - that night.
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 am

((Love it! Very 'highschooly' XD ))

Drake had his earphones in, but they weren't plugged into his ipod. He was saving its battery for the bus trip... As for the earphones, that was just a habit of his. It meant he could listen to others without them knowing - not that he cared, but it amused him at times.
He glanced up as raucous shrieks of laughter reached him, and watched the offending gaggle of girls until they noticed his gaze, and fell silent as the grave - quickly hurrying on to wherever they were going.
Drake shrugged, and slowly stood.
Honestly, he didn't want to go on this trip - but he was in the school because of a scholarship, and he couldn't afford to let his attendance suffer.
That scholarship was just one of the many things nobody knew about him. They knew nothing, really, except the rumours they'd made up themselves.
From what he'd heard, the latest was that he slaughtered sheep in his back yard and painted himself with their blood as a tribute to the Devil...
He chuckled to himself. That one was the most amusing yet...

Plucking his earphones out of his ears and shoving them into his pocket, Drake followed in the direction the group of girls - and Leo, who technically seemed to count as one of the girls - had disappeared.
He next saw them when he entered the bus, but he just brushed straight past, and headed for the corner seat in the back. There was already somebody sitting there, but it didn't matter. Everybody scattered when they saw him coming.
Undeterred, he sat down, leaned back in his seat, and put his earphones back in. This time, they blasted the glorious speed metal that was his usual 'travel music'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:19 pm

The buses began pulling into the parking lot, and people began a stampede toward them. Most crowded towards the first bus - including most of Leo's posse - so he decided he was going on the second. He wanted a break from people. Of course Laura was coming with him and she didn't count, but other than that he didn't want people.
He grabbed Laura's hand and pulled her toward the second bus, laughing because they always did this. Then most people followed them on. But it looked as if everyone was escaping something.
But what?
Oh. Drake Sithmore.
Leo rolled his eyes and made his way to the baack of the bus, plunking down with Laura in the seat in front of the boy. He could hear the kid's music even from the distance and immediately identified the artist. He chuckled. Maybe this Drake kid would be worth checking out.

The teacher boarded the bus, her pudgy form struggling to fit in the narrow aisle, and called off names from a list.
"Leo Cordova!"
His hand rose smoothly into the air with a generous smile, which she glady returned.
She continued calling off names until she reached S.
"Laura Sanchez?"
Laura replied, "Here."
"Drake Sithmore? Hm, nice of you to show up." The last part was muttered to herself, but everyone heard her anyway.
Leo rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone, checking the messages. Most were from the girls on the other bus.
Leo baby, where are you?! and such.
He sighed and put it away, looking expectantly out the window. Hopefully this would be a good trip.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Drake found himself sitting alone for most of the trip, ignoring everything that was going on around him. Even though his classmates were noisy, his music was always louder. At that moment, 'Monster' by Skillet was blasting from his earphones. He adored that song...
Drake turned his head, and stared aimlessly out of the window as the bus sped along. This trip was going to be a waste of his time... He didn't want to 'bond' with his classmates. He wasn't even sure why the teachers had insisted that the trip was compulsory...
Drake continued sulking in silence, until suddenly, the bus had to swerve violently.
Drake didn't see what happened - he just knew that one minute, the bus was gliding forwards - and the next, he was thrown back against his seat. In the tangle of movement that followed, he saw the boy sitting in front of him get thrown backwards - head aimed straight at the window - and he reacted instinctively.
He leaped up, and somehow managed to grab the boy - who he now recognized as Leo- breaking his fall at the last minute, then losing his balance, and collapsing against the seat again.
The bus screeched to a halt, then, and the students exploded into panic - some sobbing, others screaming or shouting with fright and excitement.
Drake separated himself from Leo in a dignified fashion, and irritably brushed his fringe out of his eyes, then took to staring out of the window again, listening unconcernedly to his music as though nothing at all had happened. He realised that he was bleeding slightly - just the faintest trickle - from the side of his head, but it didn't seem to bother him. Not much bothered him, really...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:20 am

It was a quiet bus ride, so different from many of the others he'd experienced. Leo was pleased that he'd be able to talk with Laura and actually not be interrupted by his fan girls. It was probably really bad of him to think that, but he didn't care. He just wanted some alone time with his friend. There wasn't enough time for it these days, so he was glad about this trip.
After about two hours, Laura had just plugged in her I-Pod and waved him away. Leo rolled his eyes and grinned, because that was so like Laura. She didn't consider him a god the way most of the other girls did, and she didn't find it a blessing to have him talk to her the whole time.
He smiled and looked out the window, just relaxing in his seat.
Then the bus flew forward.
It was almost in slow motion as he saw the car heading towards the front of the bus, and the driver scrambling to avoid it. This caused the vehicle to crash into a ditch on the side of the road.
But he didn't notice the last part.
What he did notice, though, was being thrown backward, and intercepted by whomever was behind him. His head banged against the person's arm, instead of the window. The momentum of the crash thrust him backwards over the seat, and into the person who had just probably saved him. He didn't know how shatter proof the windows were.
Leo yelped as he hit the ground - he heard a slight crack in his wrist - but didn't move. He let Drake do the untangling. He lifted a hand up to him before he put his headphones back in.
"Thanks man."
When he got up, Laura was standing over him, a worried expression on her face. "Leo, are you hurt, can you stand, do you need ice, anything-"
"Cill out, Mom, I'm fine." He teased, wincing as he pushed himself up with his injured wrist.
She noticed.
Laura ran to the front of the bus and told the chaperone that there was possibly a sprained, fractured, or broken wrist. They began to make their way back.
Leo rolled his eyes and looked back at Drake, smiling sheepishly.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 am

Drake felt Leo's eyes on him, and turned to look at the boy with an expression that might be considered condescending, though Drake didn't mean it that way. That was just how his face always looked.
His eyes fell to Leo's wrist, which seemed to be swelling slightly. He'd heard a crack...
Not that he cared or anything, but he supposed he was obliged to look out for his classmates, to some extent.
Besides, Leo was one of the few who hadn't given him reason to hate them, yet.
"Can you move it?" Drake asked, nodding toward Leo's wrist.
Funny... He didn't usually speak, to anyone. His voice was surprisingly soft, considering his appearance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:53 am

Leo looked up at Drake, the boy who hated everybody on this bus. He not only kept him from smashing into the window, but now was asking if he was okay.
How hard did he hit his head?
He frowned and tried twwsting his wrist, but found it wouldn't move an inch. That was weird. Maybe it really was broken or fractured or something. He sighed and looked up at the boy.
"Nope. Does that mean it's broken? Man this sucks. I knew I should have stayed home." He pouted with a sulky expression. "Well this sucks ass." Leo sighed and looked up at Laura, who was screaming at people to "get out of her f***ing way so she could f***ing help the idiot who had f***ing broke his f***ing wrist".
Thay made him smile.
She sure had a mouth on her.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:03 am

Drake shrugged. He was no doctor, and he honestly didn't know if Leo's wrist was broken or not, but it sure looked that way to him... He glanced over at the boy's friend, who he recognised as Laura, as she began screaming and swearing hysterically at everybody on the bus.
That wouldn't work... They were still in shock - running around like headless chickens. He considered the situation a moment, then sighed heavily, and tucked his Ipod and earphones safely into his pocket.
"You should let the teacher look at that wrist." He said quietly, standing up and stepping into the aisle. "Come on."
He walked down the aisle between the seats, and the flood of panicked students parted before him like the Red Sea.
This was one up-side to being feared by everybody...
He lead the way to the front of the bus, then nodded toward the teacher, and leaned back against the wall of the bus aloofly. It was still tipped way to one side, but he didn't really care.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Leo frowned and nodded as the teacher showed up, obviously exerted from the energy it took to waddle down the aisle. He chuckled. People over 200 pounds should not walk down a bus.
He sighed as they fretted over him, worrying aloud as to what they thought was the cause. Laura insisted it was broken, while the teacher argued it was only fractured. Finally sheblet Laura win, probablybsobshe could dropbit and tend to the oyher students.
Leo chuckled and brushed himself off before standing and nodding a tank youbto the quie boy leaning against the side of the bus. Wow. He could actually talk. He smiled and turned to laura who had already grabbed an AFE bandage and was wrapping up his wrist like the ovrrprotective best friend she was. She also hadn't seemed to notice Drake standing there. Typical. Always absorbed in her work. He chuckled and watched as they began helping everyone. Soon another bus had come to shuttle them away to their destination - wherever that was.
Leo sighed. He hated surprises.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Drake shrugged off Leo's nod as though he didn't care, but inwardly, he was grateful. He appreciated the respectful gesture... That sort of thing went a long way in his books.
Leo was okay. Actually a decent person - not like the rest of those gossipy, airhead good-for-nothings.
He returned to his seat and sat down, taking out his Ipod again, and starting to listen to his music. He tapped his fingers absentmindedly against his seat.

Soon enough, the students began filing out of the bus, still excited and flustered, and Drake rose with a sigh to follow them.
As he was about to go, however, he paused and glanced back at Leo - deciding to wait for the other boy. He wasn't sure why - it was just one of those impulsive decisions without any real reason.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Leo had a horrid time the rest of the bus ride. Laura had changed seats to go help some other kid who had managed to break his whole forearm. It was boring and there was nothing to do. Finally he gave up and pulled out his Ipod, listening to a new favorite. 'Kill Everybody' by Skrillex had pushed its way up to his top played song. He always had a soft spot for dubstep, especially Scrillex.
So he closed his eyes and let the dropping beats rock him into a dreamy state.

"Wake up lazy ass."
It was Laura standing over him. Of course.
He sighed and got up, grabbing his bag and smiling at Drake when he let him go ahead. That was a milestone. He sighed and got out, taking a look at their surroundings.
It was some open woods with a rusty water fountain off to the side. This was disappointing. He'd been expecting some sort of high tech facility - or at least somewhere with air conditioning!
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Drake stepped out into their new surroundings, glancing over what was presumably to be the campsite. It had a couple of crumbling stone buildings he took to be the dorms, and a big hall nearby.
All around, great trees stretched to the sky, forming a shadowy, horror movie style forest.
Clearly, this was to be an adventure camp...

All the students dashed about excitedly, getting settled into their dorms, then gathering to meet the camp leaders.

Drake didn't show. Nobody had seen him since the bus arrived, but they didn't bother searching. Nobody much cared what became of the strange, dark boy... Or perhaps they were just totally convinced that he could care for himself. Ha - now that was a lie worthy of a prize...

If they had bothered to go out looking, they'd have found Drake perched in the high-up branches of a tall oak a short distance into the forest.
He had his earphones in, and he was happy on his own.
No... Perhaps happy was not the word... He was content.
Somehow, it felt good to be alone when he knew he wasn't wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Leo sighed and grabbed Laura's hand, pulling her in the direction of the dorms. The boys' one was to the right, and the girls' was to the left. He didn't care. She was coming with him. Maybe if he was lucky, he'd be able to convince the teachers to let her stay with him. He'd just have to use a little bit of charm. Shouldn't be too hard.
He chuckled and they picked the only empty room, one at the end of the hall. All the other rooms only had room for one person, and he was still convinced he'd be able to smuggle Laura in, so he threw down his duffel bag in the empty one, promptly climbing to the top bunk.
"I get top." He winked at her and struck what was supposed to be a seductive pose - but he was laughing too hard to be taken seriously. Laura rolled her eyes, but cracked a smile.
"Alright, slut. Come on. Save that for covincing."
He laughed and jumped down, gliding smoothly out of the room to find a teacher.

After some disappointing arguments, Leo sullenly escorted Laura to her room - in the girls' dorm. Even though the chaperones haad no doubt the two of them wouldn't 'do anything', they still were worried about the other boys.
He frowned and sat down on a rock under a tree. There was a faint trace of music in the air. It sounded like it was coming from... Above him?
He jerked his head up and saw Drake.
Weird.
But he smiled and went back to sulking.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:16 am

Drake's eyes followed Leo as he watched him approach. The boy seemed somewhat... Down. He didn't give a damn why, of course. Why should he? But still - he was bored. It couldn't hurt to take an interest in someone's life for once...
So when Leo turned to smile at him, Drake swung down from his branch, hung there by his arms a moment, then dropped to the ground. It was a long fall to the ground - a good few meters - but he bent his knees on landing, and caught himself on his hands.
Then he straightened slowly, dusting his hands on his black jeans.
"Not my smartest move..." He muttered, wincing and rubbing his ankles.
"What're you moping about?" He added, nodding toward Leo. His words seemed somewhat clipped, as though he was determined not to say any more than he had to - though that made no sense, since he didn't have to talk to Leo in the first place...
But what the Hell. It couldn't hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:16 am

Leo started when Drake dropped down next to him. Where had he come from? He sighed and looked up. Of course . The tree. It was definitely handy to have tree climbing skills when you didn't want to be found because you were a social outcast. He chuckled and wondered why the boy was actually talking to him.
Wow. Drake Sithmore talked.
He rolled his eyes and answered, "They're not letting Laura stay in my room so I'm going to have to sneak her in for our movie night." He wribkled his nose, as if working that hard was the most disgustng thing in the world.
Then he laughed.
"Are you staying in a room or are you just gonna kick it in a tree the whole week?"

[[Really sorry for the horrid lack of length. I'm on my phone Sad]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:32 am

"The bastards..." Drake commented - his tone so neutral that it was hard to tell if he was being sarcastic or not. Leo pulled a face and laughed, then asked, "Are you staying in a room or are you just gonna kick it in a tree the whole week?"
"Please, I'm not an animal."Drake replied in a condescending fashion, "I was going to try find a crypt or something."
Miracle... Drake Sithmore actually had a sense of humour. He still didn't smile, though, even when he was joking. It just wasn't his style.
"Nah, I've got a room." He added more seriously, "But I sure hope I don't have to share it..."
Hm. So this was conversation, was it? It seemed pointless. Not bad, just... Pointless. A total waste of time. Why did people bother?

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri May 25, 2012 9:06 pm

[[Alright, I think I'm ready to start this again ^^ I've just been really super busy with the last quarter of school. It seemed like every teacher was cramming everything they could into it o.- But don't worry - next week is finals and then I am FRIGGIN' FREE!!!]]

Leo arched an eyebrow at the joke - or at least what he hoped was a joke - but didn't say anything. He chuckled and flashed back to some of the rumors about Drake. Like how he was a Devil worshipper and his room was filled with organs of various creatures and his walls were painted with their blood.
Somehow he had a hard time believing that.
He rolled his eyes and thought about his own two person room. It was a smaller one, most rooms had four beds, but he didn't mind. It meant he wouldn't have to put up with as many homophobic jerks. No matter how many girls accepted him and were fine with letting him be with them in even the most uncomfortable situations, a lot of guys still had problems with him on trips and such. Something like he would rape them in their sleep?

Leo rolled his eyes and continued to look around. The large building - which looked to be crumbling in many places - was divided into two halves, one for girls and one for boys. A small stone path led from the main lobby to the shabby latrines about 25 yards away. A dense layer of trees surrounded the campsite, which prevented any attempts to wander off.
Although it probably wouldn't stop Leo.
And suddenly he knew what he wanted to do.
"Want to go exploring?" He asked deviously, grinning. "I really don't want to be here at the moment. Besides, I don't know how long I'll have before those piranhas of girls find me and tear me to shreds." He shuddered in mock fear and began climbing through the thicket, leaving the decision to follow up to Drake himself.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat May 26, 2012 2:03 am

"Exploring?" Drake repeated cynically, raising an eyebrow somewhat - but Leo didn't hang around to hear his cynicism. The boy was already walking off into the woods, leaving Drake watching his disappearing back.
Why would he want to explore? What was the point?
Then again - it would be a good idea to start finding some secluded little places that could be his haunts for the trip.
He always liked to have someplace like that; somewhere that nobody really went, where he could just sit and be quiet when the company of those morons he called his classmates became too much.
So he followed Leo; though at a distance, since he had found himself left behind, and it seemed far too degrading to actually run to catch up.
He didn't mind Leo. The boy seemed to reserve judgement, and Drake respected that.
And then there was the gay thing as well; the school was full of homophobes - but openly gay guys were few and far between. It showed a courage and self-confidence in Leo; a sort of maturity that the others just didn't have.
Analysing people in this way was a habit of his - since he was always objective; a quiet observer. When he did form an opinion of somebody, it was seldom a good one.
However, this time, Drake concluded that he rather liked the boy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat May 26, 2012 10:33 am

When he realized Drake wasn't going to try and catch up, Leo patiently waited beneath a tree. Its canopy of leaves blocked out most of the sun, but there were a few spots of bright gold on the ground where it had poked through. It was warm out, but a cool breeze sent a shiver through him. He chuckled and zipped up his jacket, glancing at the small scratches on his hands from some particularly sharp thorns.
He sighed and looked at the boy, who was only a couple yards away before continuing, although walking more slowly than before.
Laura was probably out looking for him, but he didn't care. She was used to him disappearing at the most random of times. And besides, they had some time to unpack before they had to go for the meeting about what they'd be doing.
What could they do in this camp? It wasn't like there was a lot of options...
He frowned and kicked a small stone, where it bounced away and rolled down a small hill. As he came upon it, he realized that it wasn't a hill, it was actually a ravine. A small stream splashed by, the current running down quickly. The water was so clear, he could see the rocky bottom and the small fish swimming inside of it. The was a small bridge down to his right, so he turned to face Drake.
"Keep going?"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat May 26, 2012 11:04 am

One Leo paused to wait, Drake soon caught up - and he walked in silence alongside the boy for quite some time.
They eventually paused when they reached a small ravine, and Leo gave Drake the option of whether or not he wanted to keep going.
He glanced from the bridge, to the cool water, back towards the camp - and considered it thoughtfully.
"Don't you need to be getting back to your friend?" He asked at last, swiping his black fringe casually out of his eyes.
Honestly, he didn't understand why Leo was still hanging out with him. He was beginning to get the impression that this 'popular guy' felt sorry for him - and he resented that.
He was a social outcast by choice, ((Suuuuure. XD )) and he was not sorry.
"Wonder where the river leads..." He added to himself, eyes following the path of the ravine until it was lost to the horizon.
Regardless of whether or not Leo was coming, he intended to find out where it would end up.
Funny... He was not usually so curious. Perhaps he was just bored...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat May 26, 2012 11:11 am

Leo snorted when Drake brought up Laura. Sure, he wanted to get back to her, but not right then. They could do with some time apart. No matter how good of friends they were, they were just a bit too different to spend so much time together. He was betting that one of them would probably spontaneously combust on this trip due to the other.
"Nah, I think she's hanging out with some of her friends." He didn't notice the slight hint of sarcasm in the boy's voice - or if he did, he didn't show it. He just thoughtfully considered Drake's statement.
The creek did seem as if it would never end... He chuckled and began walking.
"Want to find out?"
He already knew the answer.

His pace was slow enough that Drake could easily stay beside him. This showed that he actually did care. And besides, if he didn't, he would have never come out this far, right? He was nice enough to make someone feel okay, but not this nice. If he didn't like a person, he'd try not to be with them - or as much as he could without being rude anyway.
Sighing, Leo ducked down quickly and grabbed a small, smooth pebble. It was shiny and round and didn't look very natural at all. He frowned at it, but stuffed it in his pocket.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat May 26, 2012 11:22 am

Drake shrugged and followed after Leo - not bothering to walk beside him this time, but not drifting too far behind, either. After a while, he took out his iPod, and began listening to his usual heavy rock music, still traipsing unconcernedly along behind Leo.
They'd been walking along in silence for quite some time, when Drake finally shut his iPod off again, and decided to catch up to Leo.
"How's the wrist?" He asked - more to make small talk than because he actually cared. Obviously it was fine, or Leo wouldn't be walking around.
Then again, there was no point to making small talk, really...
Damn. He really was bored.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 27, 2012 9:22 am

Again, the faint sound of music trickled through the air, barely audible over the ripples of the stream. Leo turned and saw Drake cranking up the volume to his I-Pod, already lost in the beats. He chuckled and turned back to face the way they were walking. It wouldn't do him any good to trip.
For about a half hour they continued like this, Drake drowning in his music and Leo observing nature quietly. The warm rays of the sun struggled to breach the protection of the trees, but did a miserable job of it. It was shady and slightly chilly, even with his jacket on and zipped up. There were a few places where the sun bounced off the water, reflecting its fractured bits of light onto the short dirt walls of the creek. They danced around, swaying and moving in time to the water's furious rushing pace.

When Drake finally took out his headphones and asked about his wrist, Leo frowned. He'd nearly forgotten aout his wrist. He looked at it and flexed it back and forth. It moved slightly, which was better than previous results.
"I think it's doing better." He answered simply.
Then he stopped short.
They'd come to the edge of the river. Gradually it had gotten wider and wider, collecting more water as it wound around the forest. But now it just stopped.
It tumbled perilously off the edge of a large cliff, creating one of the most spectacular waterfalls Leo had ever seen. Mist rose from the bottom, catching the sun's rays to form small rainbows. Jagged rocks, moist and covered in moss, poked sharply up from the bottom, looking like a horrible set of teeth.
The place at the bottom was a glorified cove; the walls of the cliff formed a gentle circle around it and the only way Leo could see to get there was a small deer trail at the opposite end.
With a grin, he just sat down and observed the magnificent scene.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 27, 2012 9:28 am

Drake acknowledged Leo's response with a nod, but he didn't consider it worth an answer - so he just shrugged, and studied the scene before him.
He was pleased. Something about the power and violence of the waterfall appealed to him, and for a while he was happy just to stand and watch the endless flow of water over the edge of the cliff.
Then he grew bored.
Bending down and stripping off his shoes, Drake stepped carefully to the edge of the cliff - then began the precarious descent, his bare feet feeling the jagged rocks as he searched for safe footholds.
Perhaps it was a stupid idea... No, it was definitely a stupid idea, but Drake had always had a somewhat underdeveloped sense of self preservation.
He liked to live dangerously.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next