Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

!! Kissed by an Angel - Polo - Mature Content

3 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

!! Kissed by an Angel - Polo - Mature Content - Page 8 Empty Re: !! Kissed by an Angel - Polo - Mature Content

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:59 pm

When Ria rested her head against his shoulder, Bruce released a soft sigh of contentment. He stoked her hair absentmindedly, staring up at the ceiling, and watching the resident spider scuttle from one corner to the other.
He gave Ria one last squeeze, then shifted her over, and sat up.
"Thanks again for coming, Ria." He said with a smile, "You've really helped me feel better... But I think I'd better get some rest now. We've got a big day tomorrow." He winked, and swooped down to peck her cheek - then stood and helped her to her feet - leaning on one of his crutches to support himself.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

!! Kissed by an Angel - Polo - Mature Content - Page 8 Empty Re: !! Kissed by an Angel - Polo - Mature Content

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Ria smiled when he kissed her, once again, one of her real smiles. Standing up, mostly on her own, just holding his hand so he felt like he helped she nodded her head. "A big day, 'eh?" she said with a smirk before wrapping her arms around his neck and giving him a tiny kiss on the lips before pulling away. "I'm so serious, if you need me for anything I expect a call or something. Okay..." she said, her eyebrows furrowing together again in worry before she nodded once more. "I'll leave and let you get some sleep. Okay. Call me tomorrow when you are ready." she said with a tiny wave before slipping out of his house and heading home.

((Timeskip))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

http://kaydeniro.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Once Ria had left, Bruce picked up his phone and dialled Maggie's number.
Since his and Ria's first unofficial 'date' had been such a complete flop, he wanted to make absolutely certain that this one was perfect. If anybody knew what Ria's ideal date would be, it would be her best friend...
The phone rang for a while, and when Maggie picked up, Bruce started by apologising profusely for the way he had acted at the competition - his face slightly flushed from humiliation, even though he was speaking over the phone.
He needed to make a good impression on Ria's friends... And so far, he was doing a shoddy job.
"So anyway..." He went on, speaking into the phone, "I'm supposed to be going on a date with Ria tomorrow, and I was wondering if you could help me. I mean, girls talk to each other about stuff like this, right? What would Ria's ideal date be? What does she like to do...?" He trailed off, scratching his head, and waited for Maggie to answer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Maggie laughed, "Oh. Charming." she said rolling her eyes in amusement. "Loves animals. Dog parks are fun. But, you kinda have to have a dog for that..." she said, pausing, "Ria has a dog." she giggled once before thinking, "She loves photography, got quite a few good shots of you at Nationals." she shrugged, "But, seriously. Ria is like really layed back, I'd bet as long as she is there with you, she wouldn't care. And no matter how much I push her on topics such as this, she won't talk about it. Even now. Before she was all like, 'It doesn't matter, I highly doubt I'll be dating anyone anytime soon,' and then go on about how no one could like her. So. Yea. I can't answer this. But, the best I can do, is pick her up, with her dog, and go to the dog park. Take the dog home, and go out to dinner. And talk to her. She is really depressed, thinking you are mad at her. And if I hear one more 'He's really mad at me... I shouldn't have gotten mad... I should have just failed that project. Then, he wouldn't have had to save me, and none of this would have happened,' scenario spheel again, I am going to hang myself." Maggie finished before bobbing her head in agreement with herself and then added, "Ohhh! Can you hook me up with Gregory, PLEASE! Ria won't do it..." her voice showed the disappointment with that fact.

((xD Just hang up on Maggie. xDDD))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Bruce was overwhelmed by Maggie's endless torrent of speech, none of which was very useful. Going to a dog park...? That hardly sounded like a romantic first date to him. A fun thing to do as a couple, maybe, but not the sort of thing he had in mind.
So, he decided to get rid of Maggie, and try Susanne instead. She was more sensible...
"Uh, sorry... I don't really know Greg. I could hook you up with Chuck, but he's kinda a womanizer... Anyway, I'd better go. Thanks, Maggie."
With that, he hung up - then dialled Susanne's number, and asked the same question - hoping to get a more useful response.

((Dude, gimme ideas for a super epic first date. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:42 pm

((I don't have any... o.o))

Susanne answered the phone, shocked to hear Bruce's voice. "Oh. Hi, Bruce." she said, pausing to think. "There's a concert in town. OneRepublic and Within Temptation. Ria loves those bands. And the tickets for the front are cheap, because my dad works for them. I can get you backstage passes too, if you'd like. Either that, or a picnic dinner, out in that nearby meadow. With the stars. She's always loved looking at the stars... Did you call Maggie first, you sound exasperated?" she questioned already guessing the answer because most people that called Maggie ended up with absolutely no help. "So yea, if you want the tickets I can get 'em for you today. I live on the house on the corner of Ria's street." she finished, shifting her weight and waiting for Bruce to reply.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:53 pm

((At least Susanne does. Wink ))

After thanking Susanne, Bruce got out of bed - then got changed and went out to his car. He picked up the tickets at Susanne's house, then went back home, and spent a few hours searching through his clothes, trying to find something to wear. Eventually, he settled on a thick black hoodie with a blue fire design, and a pair of dark denim jeans, stylishly ripped in places.
He set them aside, ready for the next day.

After school on Monday, Bruce headed home to get ready - then drove off to fetch Ria. He was feeling eager and excited, and almost like his old self again. He only hoped that it would stay that way...

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:02 pm

When Bruce arrived Ria had her usual makeup on along with a pair of bootcut jeans, black pumps, a light grey cami and a black vest. She shrugged her purse onto her shoulder before opening the door. "Hey," she said with a grin, "where are we going?" she asked, shutting the door behind her as she stepped out of the house.

((Leaving for dinner. What time will you be on?))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Bruce greeted Ria with a bright smile, then tackled her into a playful hug - almost lifting her off her feet in his enthusiasm. Teetering on one leg, Bruce lot his balance, and released Ria, grabbing his crutch for support. "I'm so glad we're finally doing this!" He exclaimed with a laugh, his eyes shining, as though to display the new optimism he had found. Or rather, re-found.
In response to Ria's question, Bruce grinned and handed her the tickets.
"You can thank your friend Susanne." He said with a wink, "I reckon this date should be considerably better than that last disaster..."

((Probably around 7, but only for 20 - 30 minutes. Smile ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Ria laughed as he hugged her, "down boy," she teased befor eh handed her the tickets. Her eyes went wide and she held back a scream of excitement. Front row and backstage passes. Within Temptation opening OneRepublic. "Oh. My. God." she managed to say still in shock before she gave him a tight hug, releasing him quickly though so he didnt lose his balance. "Howd you know?" but remembering he said to thank Susanne ahe figured Susanne had told him to do this. Either way she was insanely grateful. "As long as you dont do anything like hurting yourself it should be amazing," she said gently poking him in the ribs with a huge smile and then slipping into the passenger seat of his car.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:19 pm

"Again, Susanne." Bruce repeated with a laugh. He wouldn't take credit for Susanne's idea, much as he would have loved to.
"I promise I'll be careful." He concluded with a laugh, slipping his arm around Ria's shoulders and walking her to the bike, which was still the only form of transportation he owned.
He struggled a little driving it with his cast on, but he figured it had to be easier than driving a car, so he was grateful.

They soon arrived at the concert, and Bruce waited for Ria to get off before he followed suit - killing the engine and resting the bike against its stand. With that, he took Ria's hand in a soft, warm grasp and walked with her toward the stage.

((You can take the lead here, since I know virtually nothing about concerts, and I haven't heard those bands. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:29 pm

((I know nothing Bout concerts either. OMG Look up faster by within tempation and hearing voices by onerepublic.
.O. I love themmmm))

"Thank you," she said before hopping on behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head on his back again. When they got to the concert they headed to the front row jusr in tome for the bands to start playing. Ria managed to get to hold the lead ainger of Within Temptations hand. And then, when OneRepublic came on they chose one person to help sing one of their songs. They chose Ria.
See, the thing about Ria, she had plenty of hidden talents she preferred to keep hidden, but she couldnt let this opportunity slide by. So, she grasped the mic and started to sing the first verse of Mercy, then the main vocal while the lead singer harmonized with her on the chorus. Her voice rang out bright and strong, though she was blushing by the end of it when she returned to her spot beside Bruce, beaming with happiness. She grasped his hand and squeezed it, still blushing from being on stage before pecking him on the cheek. "Your the best..." she said to him in his ear so he could hear her

((You can skip and take them homeee. XD or, go and have them look at the stars next to a pond or something.))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:41 pm

((Will do, as soon as I get home. Almost at school. *Types superspeed* BYE!! Very Happy ))

Bruce laughed in amazement when Ria stepped down from the stage. "You're amazing!" He exclaimed, hugging her enthusiastically, "I didn't know you could sing like that!" He touched a finger to her chin, and raised her head gently so he could bend down and drop a brief peck on her lips. "I'm so proud of you."
He had lost track of how many times he had been saying that lately.

When the concert was over, Bruce led Ria back outside - quietly humming a tune. He glanced briefly up at the sky and frowned in disappoint. The cloud cover made it impossible to see any stars... But he matter, he had a plan.

Without telling Ria where he was taking her, Bruce started up the bike and drove to a favourite haunt of his from when he had first move here. A little grassy hill, overlooking a sparkling stream. Of course, there was nothing special about this place... Except for one thing.
When they reached the top of the hill, nigh on a thousand fireflies could be seen circling the willow trees down by the river bank.
"Susanne told me you like stars." Bruce explained, "But since you can't see the stars tonight, this was the best I could think of." He shrugged, then turned to smile at Ria - slightly flushed from the effort of climbing the hill on his crutches.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:55 pm

((-grins- Im going to sleep thenn))

Ria smiled as he gently kissed her on the lips, but what surprised her more was the next place he took her. It was so calm and beautiful. On the way up Ria said, "no one knows i can sing. I dont really like my voice, nor my art, so i keep it all locked away. But, i couldnt pass up the opportunity..." she said, explaining herself from his earlier comment. Honestly, she liked nothing about herself. She felt she was overweight because she was a size 6-8 and ugly because she didnt have those perfect faces the other girls had. Her blue eyes were the only part of her she took kindly to, because everyone seemed to want her eyes. Though, she had no clue why they would. But, she wouldnt tell him that she hated herself, no. Then he would worry and he had enough to worry about. He needed to concentrate on healing and get back in that pool so he could win some medals. Upon reaching the top the smile was still plastered on her face and she whispered, "Oh. Bruce..." pausing to take it all in. "This is beautiful!" she continued to whisper before giving him a hug. She broke though, taking in his expression "you better not be pushing yourself!" she chided, concern lacing her voice as she watched his flustered face from the energy needed to get up the hill. "I cant do much if you hurt yourself other than call your mum panicking" she said, teasing a little bit, but also quite serious.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:43 am

((I braved the horror of coming into the IT lab after school for you, and now you're not on. XD *Attempts to use evil brainwaves to make Abba's cellphone call to her* Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:52 am

Bruce happily returned the hug, then stumbled backward slightly in surprise as she suddenly began scolding him.
"Ria, relax, I'm fine." Bruce laughed. "Tired, sure, but that's to be expected climbing a hill on crutches. Don't worry so much." He smiled, then slipped an arm around her shoulders and gave her a gentle squeeze.
"And you know..." He whispered quietly into her ear, his smiling lips brushing against the loose strands of hair tossing about in the wind. "Now that I know about these secret talents of yours, I'll be wanting to see more of them." He dropped a brief peck on her cheek - then flashed an impish grin, and hopped forwards a few steps on his crutches.
"Check this out." He said, taking a small glass bottle from his pocket. He let his keen eyes follow the progress of a firefly as it drifted slowly by - then he snapped out the bottle with the speed of a striking snake, and closed the bewildered bug inside.
It flew in tiny, calm circles - little light blinking merrily.
Bruce smirked, and handed the bottle to Ria.
"My Dad showed me how to catch them when I was a kid." He explained.
Though he did not realise it, that was the first time he had mentioned his Dad to Ria...

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:42 am

"Its impossible for me not to worry..." she stated. Ria grinned when he gave her a hug. "Oh. No. Im not doing anything with these hidden talents. Trust me. They are staying just that. Hidden" she said befre happily leaning into his kiss and reluctantly watching as he pulled away. He handed her tue bottle with the firefly and shr grinned. But, when he talked about his fqthrr she cocked an eyebrow. "Really? Tell me more about him? This is the first time youve mentioned him," she said before twisting the tiny bottle around in her hands and watching.

((Im going back to bed unless you reply fast. XD))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:47 am

((Replying fast. Razz But my mum could be here to pick me up at any minute. XD *Rolls eyes* Our timing sucks, Dude. Wink ))

"We'll see..." Bruce replied cheekily. It occured to him that he had been saying that rather a lot lately... Ah well.
"Hm? My Dad?" Bruce asked - seeming faintly surprised to hear that he had not yet mentioned him. "He's awesome." Bruce laughed enthusiastically, a bright grin on his face.
"He taught me to swim, too..." Bruce trailed off, and a slightly confused frown creased his face, as though he was properly realising something for the first time.
"We haven't talked much recently, though. He's been working late, and when he gets home he's tired and goes straight to bed... He didn't even come to watch Nationals." This last realisation seemed to shock Bruce tremendously, but then he shrugged it off, and added with a laugh, "Lucky for me!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:55 am

((Off to horses now - see you in about 3 hours, methinks. Smile ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 am

((Your timing sucks. XD http://paint.ponybox.com/forum_discussion_view.php?id=829758&title=!!%20Breezy%20and%20I%20-%20Picture%20Heavy))

Ria cocked an eyebrow. "Oh, really. We will see, eh?" she teased before gently prodding him in the ribs playfully. "Hes awesome? Thats all you can say about a man who is 'awesome'?" she said with a tiny smirk, moving a bit closer to him as it got colder, still intrigued by the fireflies.

((So the sight i saw the romantic date stuff on said to bring a blanket cause it could always lead to something more. Made me crack up cause i knew it was true))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:05 am

((Sorry. XD Will try reply again. Wink And will check the link out when I get home, since I'm literally on the bouncy gravel road to the fluffs right now. Razz

See my completed post above for the rest of his little speech about his father - didn't have time to do the whole thing in school and had to finish it off on the laptop, so I edited it. Wink *Copy-pastes* ))

"He taught me to swim, too..." Bruce trailed off, and a slightly confused frown creased his face, as though he was properly realising something for the first time.
"We haven't talked much recently, though. He's been working late, and when he gets home he's tired and goes straight to bed... He didn't even come to watch Nationals." This last realisation seemed to shock Bruce tremendously, but then he shrugged it off, and added with a laugh, "Lucky for me!"

When Ria moved closer, Bruce slowly slipped an arm around her shoulders, and squeezed her tightly to his side. Then he tugged on her hand gently, encouraging her to follow his lead as he sank down and sat in the thick, lush grass of the hilltop. "Cold?" He asked softly, shrugging off his hoodie, and wrapping it tenderly around her shoulders.

((Haha! XD Really? How strange. Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:14 am

((ITS ME AND BREEZY!! -huge grin-))

Ria nodded her head lightly. "Im sorry..." she said as he wrapped his arm around her tightly asking if she was cold. She simply bobbed her head a few times before following him and sinking down into the lush grass. She felt his hoodie wrap around her shoulders and she pulled it a bit tighter before leaning her head against his chest. "Its so pretty out here..." she finally said a few minutes later. Slowly, she started to get comfortable and she let her eyes slide shut for a minute or so, before forcing them open again so she didnt fall asleep. No, she didnt want to go home yet, she really didnt.

((XD i was like. O.o i dun think two teenagers gunna have that happen -smirk-))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:37 am

((WOW! What a lovely mare! I bet she'd pop around a 1m course no problem. Smile You two look super! Your position has come on LOADS, too! You just have to be careful of getting ahead of her movement - you're anticipating a little. Lots of gridwork, jumping with your eyes closed, and I'd say you need to challenge yourself with some bigger jumps. You're both looking underfaced. Wink

Great horse, great rider, great pair! Smile

She's just like Nola with those pinned ears! Wink ))

Bruce stroked Ria's hair absentmindedly as they stared out at the trickling river below - sparks of light reflected here and there on the dancing surface. He cast a fond glance at Ria, and chuckled when he saw how much she was struggling to stay awake.
"Come on." He said, nudging her gently in the ribs. "It's cold, and we're both tired. Best head back now." He heaved himself to his feet, balancing on his crutches, and then extended a hand to help Ria up.

((Indeed. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:22 pm

((XD ive jumped a 3 foot course no problem once when Angela wanted to see how we were doing. Lolz but im not allowed to jump any higher than 2 foot 6 with Julie and i only show 2 ft 3 xD they are tinnyyyyy))

Ria delicately bobbed her head before grasping his hand and pulling herself up, not using him much as not to drag him down with her. Letting out a tiny sigh, she said, "Yea. I guess..." and then she slid her arms through the hoodie so it wouldnt fly off on the ride home. Quietly, she walked beside him, down the hill and towards his bike.

((I didnt know what to put...))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:44 pm

((Coooolness! Razz

That sucks. They must let you jump bigger!! No wonder supermare is pissed. Wink A mare HATES being underfaced. They find it insulting. Razz ))

Bruce felt his heart sink slightly when Ria went quiet again, seemingly disappointed.
What had he done to mess up now?! Just when everything had been going so well...
It was all he could do to keep from ripping his hair out in frustration.
"Something wrong?" He asked gently - his voice slightly breathless from the exertion of trying to balance on crutches down the hill.
He felt a flash of annoyance at the thought of his ankle. He wanted to put his arm around Ria's shoulders, or at the very least hold her hand - but instead, all he could do was to limp along beside her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next