Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inkerz And Polo's Super Ultra Awesome Pokemon RP

2 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Inkerz And Polo's Super Ultra Awesome Pokemon RP - Page 9 Empty Re: Inkerz And Polo's Super Ultra Awesome Pokemon RP

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:08 pm

”Oh Really?..." Alexsei shot back, "You’re pretty Goddamn gorgeous yourself... Hell It's electric.” At this, Scott laughed out loud, and flashed Alexsei a fond grin. "You're such a goof." He commented affectionately, smiling warmly at Alexsei as his boyfriend's fingers traced over his face, and down his neck. He just gazed lovingly down at Alexsei, totally content with his boyfriend lying on his legs. After all, he didn't have any intention of letting Alexsei out of his sight again; ever.
“For a Jolteon you're still pretty difficult to catch.” Alexsei mused, and Scott glanced at him thoughtfully as he felt his fingers trace the mark on his neck.
What did Alexsei mean by that...? He had a feeling there was something he was missing, but he was feeling too peaceful to dwell on it, so he just shrugged it off and smiled contently, enjoying his time with his boyfriend. He began absentmindedly stroking his boyfriend's hair, and carried on long after Alexsei was sleeping, until at last he drifted off as well.

When he woke - feeling considerably worse than when he had first gone to sleep - it was to the feeling of Alexsei's soft lips brushing his, and a quiet whisper of, “Scott? Hey?... You'll want to see this.”
He mumbled something incoherent, and rubbed his eyes with his fists as he sat up tiredly, squinting in the direction Alexsei indicated.
It took a moment for his vision to clear, but when it did, he breathed a sigh of absolute awe. There, right before his eyes, fireflies sprinkled tiny golden lights across the dark forest clearing. Spellbound, Scott just stared at the tiny twinkling lights, watching as they moved and flickered.
"It's beautiful..." He murmured, awestruck.
Shifting himself sorely into a kneeling position, Scott wrapped his arms around Alexsei's neck, and rested his chin gently on the boy's head as he enjoyed the beautiful view of the fireflies.
After a while, something occurred to him.
"You know," He mused out loud, twirling a strand of Alexsei's hair around his finger, "I'm taller than you."
He blew playfully into Alexsei's ear, then shamelessly used his boyfriend's shoulder to push himself into a standing position, before offering Alexsei a hand to stand up.
"God, this is amazing..." He murmured, once again gazing over the scene. "Thanks for waking me-" He broke off suddenly, catching sight of his Charizard, and uttered an exclamation of delight.
"Charizard!" The Pokemon looked up, and its grumpy expression actually seemed to brighten slightly as it lumbered over to meet Scott, who had darted forward on weak legs to collapse into its short arms.
It uttered a soft sound somewhere between a growl and a purr as it set its master back on his feet, and Scott smiled warmly as he laid a hand on Charizard's cheek.
"You did well." He praised softly, "Thank you my friend, you deserve a rest. Return."
In a flash of light, the Pokemon was back in its Pokeball, and without its support, Scott fell to his knees.
His fever was rapidly setting in again now that he was awake, and suddenly he was boiling up in the chilly night air.
Swaying dizzily, Scott laid a hand on the ground to steady himself, and swallowed nervously.
He really didn't feel too well, but he was determined not to worry Alexsei... And although he was so hot he felt he was baking, he refused to take off Alexsei's jacket, because it smelled like him, and Scott just didn't want to let that go.

With some difficulty, he heaved himself to his feet and stumbled back over to Alexsei to lean against him; as much to keep himself from falling down as to show affection. His skin was hotter than Charizard's as he laid his burning cheek on Alexsei's shoulder, and stared placidly at the fireflies. He could have stayed there forever, trapped in that perfect moment, if only life would be so kind... But sadly, he could already see dawn creeping onto the horizon. It would not last forever.
"Hey, Alley Cat..." He mumbled, still leaning against Alexsei, "Do you think we'll still make it to the Pokemon league?" His lips twitched into a smile, and he added eagerly, "I can't wait to introduce you to my Dad. I know he'll love you." Scott nuzzled Alexsei's neck lovingly, obviously excited by the prospect of the two most important people in his life finally getting to meet soon... Well, assuming everything went as planned. But it would; it had to, because Scott simply refused to accept the prospect of any other future, without his father in it...
I'll save you, Dad. I swear I will.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Inkerz And Polo's Super Ultra Awesome Pokemon RP - Page 9 Empty Re: Inkerz And Polo's Super Ultra Awesome Pokemon RP

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Alexsei sat quietly beside Scott as he took in the breathtaking sight of the glittering fireflies that seemed to bounce and flicker all over the dark trees around them. The moment was rather magical, like something out of a fairytale. It became even more so when Scott wrapped his warm arms around the Russian's cool neck.
Alexsei felt a subtle smile play on his lips as he hesitantly relaxed into Scott's embrace as the boy perched his chin gently atop the Russian's head.
Alexsei couldn’t believe how comfortable and right it felt to have someone hold him like this. Hell, a month ago he would have probably beaten the stuffing out of Scott had the boy even entered his space let alone tried to hug him.

Together they sat like that for a while, lost in the moment.
Scott finally broke the silence with a remark that Alexsei hoped would never come to Scott's attention.
"You know...I'm taller than you.", Scott whispered playfully before slowly getting to his feet, using the Russian's shoulder for support.
Alexsei's expression seemed to harden for a moment before turning into a simple sour expression of stubborn denial. “Your just imagining things,I'm definitely taller”, he stated quickly in a tone that held clear refusal to believe anything otherwise.
He took hold of his boyfriend's outstretched hand firmly as Scott helpfully pulled him up onto his feet.
"God, this is amazing...Thanks for waking me-", Scott's awed expression seemed to alter as he instantly broke from his train of thought, his hazel eyes widening in delight as he suddenly caught sight of his returned Pokemon.

"Charizard!", Scott exclaimed elatedly as he darted off, stumbling over the ground on weak legs to greet his pokemon.
Alexsei watched the reunion thoughtfully, crossing his arms casually across his chest as he stood in an aloof manner.
Scott's relationship with his pokemon was clearly improving throughout their journey and Alexsei felt pride spark deeply inside his arrogant chest.

A flash of light brought Alexsei out of his thoughts as he swung his head towards Scott as the boy returned Charizard to it's pokeball.
The next thing that happened troubled Alexsei rather deeply however.
The moment Charizard disappeared Scott seemed to sway dangerously for a moment before slipping unstabily to his knees. From the boy's pale, sweaty expression Alexsei could tell that something was very off and wasted no time to rush over to Scott's side.
“Hey?! What's wrong?...Are you okay Scott?”, he pressed with worry as he helped his boyfriend back onto his feet with strength.“Scott?...”, he added more sternly before brushing the back of his hand suspiciously to his boyfriend's forehead, “Your unwell, why didn't you say anything you idiot?!”, he growled angrily as he glare accusingly at Scott.
Scott, despite looking seriously unwell and deathly pale, simply smiled in response as he leaned affectionately against Alexsei, pressing a dangerously feverish cheek against Alexsei's cool shoulder.
The Russian felt unease and worry induced anger seep through him, he said nothing more as Scott's gazed became fixed once again on the fireflies that floated around them. His boyfriend clearly wasn't hearing anything he was saying.
A minute or two passed by slowly before Scott finally spoke.
"Hey, Alley Cat...", he began and Alexsei turned his head attentively towards him in response.
"Do you think we'll still make it to the Pokemon league?", Scott questioned curiously before continuing to speak in a more eager tone of voice, "I can't wait to introduce you to my Dad. I know he'll love you."
Alexsei stared at Scott seriously as he thought over an appropriate response. He had been worried about reaching the Pokemon league in time, but now with everything that had happened he knew that unless the dates were somehow altered, they wouldn't make it time.
The Russian thought for a moment, he felt a small sigh escape his pale lips as he spoke with a firm strong tone, “We'll make it to the Pokemon league so don't worry...you need to win it to save your Dad after all”, Alexsei paused for moment as his gaze deepened in comprehension, “Your father means a lot you doesn't he?” Alexsei's expression showed inner conflict and his mouth twitched for a moment as something painful passed through his mind. He couldn’t even fathom feelings of love for his own Dad, how could Scott push himself so far for someone who had gambled away his life.
The Russian thought over him owe loathsome father as an idea floated through his intelligent brain. If he could pull a few strings with his own father, he could get Scott to the League in time.
Of course Alexsei wanted absolutely nothing to do with his father, but for the sake of his family's reputation he knew very well that he would be able to get what he wanted from Giovanni without many words.
Afterall it would be an absolute disgrace to the Ivanov family name if Alexsei didn't show his face as top gym-leader at the League, especially after his whole disappearing act into the Cyan mountains and the thing with Lance.
The Russian smirked defiantly and could almost taste Giovanni's anger. His father's reputation could be so easily damaged through his own awful actions. He knew that he would get the man to see things his way. He would get Scott to the league on time and help Scott to rescue his Dad.

Alexsei placed his hands supportively around Scott's shoulders, “That's enough for now...how did you get so feverish, Good Lord Scott!”, he stated firmly as he wiped away a small trickle of sweat from his boyfriend's forehead.“Your burning up, why didn't you say something?!”, he growled suddenly remembering his worry and anger.
Alexsei felt his hand's squeeze Scott's shoulders in slight panic before he hesitantly released his boyfriend and set him against a nearby tree for support.
Alexsei padded over to his backpack quickly before unzipping it and rummaging through it's contents carelessly.
A moment later he returned to Scott, his fingers latching onto a small red and orange bottle.
“This will keep you hydrated and stop the dizziness temporarily...don't look at me like that”, he added roughly before continuing, “And yes I know it's Pokemon medicine, but it help for now until we get you fever down”.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:25 pm

“We'll make it to the Pokemon league." Alexsei promised in response to Scott's question, "So don't worry... You need to win it to save your Dad after all.” Scott nodded at this, and smiled gratefully at Alexsei, truly thankful for his boyfriend's understanding. “Your father means a lot you doesn't he?” Alexsei added, seeming rather perplexed by the concept.
"He means the world to me..." Scott answered quietly, smiling warmly as he rested his burning cheek delicately on his boyfriend's shoulder. "He's my Dad." He laughed, "But he's also my teacher, my best friend... He's always been there for me." Scott closed his eyes, his smile softening slightly at the memories, "When I was a kid, my Dad was my hero. I would have given anything to be like him... Well, I guess that's what I'm trying to do now." Scott chuckled, "But I'm not much good at it..." His smile saddened a little, and then Scott went quiet, still leaning heavily on Alexsei as he felt himself growing gradually weaker.
“That's enough for now..." Alexsei murmured softly. Then, as Scott was about to reply, he added, "How did you get so feverish, Good Lord Scott!”
Scott winced, flinching away at the anger in Alexsei's tone as his illness-heightened senses cringed at the volume.
“You're burning up, why didn't you say something?!” Alexsei demanded, and Scott just blinked in response and mumbled unconvincingly, "No, I'm fine..."
Alexsei squeezed his shoulders so tightly that he winced, but then he loosened his grip, and laid Scott gently against a tree for support. He watched his boyfriend mildly as he rummaged through his bag in search of something, then pushed a bottle of super potion toward him. “This will keep you hydrated and stop the dizziness temporarily..." Scott stared up at his boyfriend in disbelief, and raised a questioning eyebrow. "Don't look at me like that.” He scolded, “And yes I know it's Pokemon medicine, but it will help for now until we get your fever down”.
Scott took the potion obediently, mostly just to pacify Alexsei, and forced himself to swallow a sip of it. He gagged at the taste, shuddering dramatically, then looked up at Alexsei and insisted in a small voice, "Alley Cat, you don't have to worry. I'm fine, I swear. It's probably just-" He broke off, coughing, "-Because I'm so exhausted. I just need some sleep, I'll be fine..."
He smiled consolingly at Alexsei, but by this point, Scott was not even fooling himself. He was getting worse by the second, and his face had already started turning a sickly green-grey shade. Cold sweat dripped from his shivering form, and his whole body was stiff and aching. He would not have been able to move if he'd wanted to.
The Rattata bite on his arm was red and inflamed, and Scott was aware that it was starting to ache painfully.
On a whim, he sprayed some super potion onto the wound, and winced in pain at the ensuing burning sensation. Still, a moment later the bite was feeling considerably better, and Scott looked up at Alexsei with a smile that would have been reassuring, had he not looked as though he were on his death bed.
"Are we going to go now?" Scott asked, although he showed no intention of getting up. It wasn't that he didn't want to; rather, he simply couldn't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Alexsei gazed over Scott watchfully, making absolutely certain that his boyfriend took a large sip from the Super potion. The Russian knew all too well how foul the stuff tasted and from he could gather from the repulsed look on Scott's face, the potion clearly hadn't failed to weaken in taste nor effectiveness.
“Tastes ghastly doesn't it?”, Alexsei murmured absently as he proceeded to examine Scott with increasing concern. The Russian had managed to calm his anger for the time being and gently he placed a cool hand against Scott's feverish neck, taking note of the rapidly increasing heat that emanated from the boy's skin. “Your temperature is rising far too quickly, we need to bring it down as soon as possible ”, he added seriously as he gazed into Scott's heavy eyed gaze.
The boy was looking worse and worse by the minute, but Scott still held a reassuring smile upon his lips despite his fever as he began to speak, "Alley Cat, you don't have to worry. I'm fine, I swear. It's probably just-", he broke off suddenly coughing painfully.
Alexsei furrowed his eyebrows anxiously as Scott slowly regained his breath, "-Because I'm so exhausted. I just need some sleep, I'll be fine..."
The Russian didn't look convinced and held an unreadable expression on his handsome features. Scott met him with a weakened smile momentarily before tending to the wound on his pale arm with the super potion Alexsei had given him.
The Russian eyed the bite wound with deep worry, it looked angry with infection and painful to the touch. He sighed stressfully before meeting Scott's eyes with a thoughtful but firm expression, “Here let me help you”, he offered simply, as he pulled his backpack closer, searching through it's contents until he came across a small roll of gauze and a bottle of Trainer antiseptic.

Alexsei held Scott's arm with care, making sure not to hurt the boy too much as he began to clean the wound expertly and then bandaging it up with surprising neatness.
The Russian had done this kind of thing many times when he had dealt with Pokemon, he just hoped that it would be enough to help Scott.
"Are we going to go now?" Scott asked curiously as Alexsei gave his work a final look over before murmuring a reply, “Yeah...we need to get you to a clinic as soon as possible”. The Russian took a calming breath as he thought over how to handle the situation, Scott didn't look capable of walking far, so that left them with only one option, to ride a Pokemon.
Alexsei ran his fingers soothingly through Scott's damp sweaty hair as he asked, “Can you stand?...”
When Scott didn't move the Russian took that as his cue to take action and stood up suddenly.
He seemed to regain some focus and unclipped two pokeballs from his belt before tossing them forward to release his Pigeot and Beatic out into the open.

The Russian greeted his Pokemon warmly before addressing them with their commands, “Sora I need you to locate the nearest town and lead us to it ”, he explained simply before running a hand soothingly over the great bird's feathered chest and down her wings. “I'm counting on you Sora, don't let me down girl”.
The Pigeot curled her head in understanding before flapping her wings with force as she took to the skies.
Alexsei then turned his attention back to Scott, suddenly realizing that his boyfriend still sat unclothed and in boxers. “Okay...we need to get you dressed before we can head out, I can't have you catching a chill”, The Russian insisted as began to walk over to where Scott's sun-dried clothes lay. It was clear from the change of tone in Alexsei's voice that he had no intention of letting Scott worsen, not if he cauld help it on any case. All he needed to do was to keep a level head and focus on the tasks at hand.
He gave the clothes a quick inspection, making sure that they were indeed completely dry before padding his way back to Scott and tossing them skilfully over the boy's knees.
“I hope you can still dress yourself...I guess I'll have to come over there if you can't”, he added with mild worry as he patted his Beatic's side affectionately.
Max seemed to enjoy this and nuzzled Alexsei's head playfully with his snout in response before taking note of Scott and clumsily making his way towards the sickly boy.
Alexsei watch curiously as Max sniffed thoughtfully Scott before gifting Scott's hot face with a few concerned and surprisingly cold licks.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Scott smiled tenderly as Alexsei nursed his wound, and though he felt weak with illness, he was proud of how his boyfriend was handling everything. It only made him admire Alexsei even more... And he found himself entertaining the abstract thought that, if he were to die, he would die happy and fulfilled, knowing that he had earned the love of such a brilliant man.
He had reached a point of strange, hazy clarity in his thoughts, and his world began taking on a dreamlike quality as he watched Alexsei give his Pokemon their various commands.
He felt as though he were watching through the eyes of another, because his body refused to respond to any command his mind could find the energy to give.
I'm really not well. He realized with grim acceptance, and perhaps more surprise than he ought to have had, I'm really not well at all...

Alexsei said something that Scott couldn't quite hear in his dazed state, and the next moment, he found that his boyfriend had tossed his clothes onto his lap. The gesture served as an uncomfortable reminder to Scott that he was, in fact, sitting there in nothing but his boxers. Luckily, the colour of the fever hid the blush that climbed to his cheeks.
“I hope you can still dress yourself... I guess I'll have to come over there if you can't.” Alexsei said, and this embarrassment was enough to spur Scott into action.
"Of course I can." He replied, surprising himself somewhat with the slight edge to his voice.
Shaking it off, he pulled on his shirt, and stood clumsily to step into his pants.
As he finished dressing, Max came over, and licked Scott's face with a cool tongue. The icy sensation soothed his fever somewhat, and his delirious mind began to clear a little, chasing away the odd sense of frustration which had been building within him.
"I feel kind of weird..." Scott admitted at last, looking tentatively at Alexsei as he leaned against Max for support.
His mind felt foggy, and Scott found himself again becoming frustrated with his foggy thoughts. It worried him, because he couldn't for the life of him figure out what he was so angry about... Everything just felt so out of place... He didn't understand what was happening.
I need help.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:26 am

"I feel kind of weird...", Scott admitted as he gazed tentatively towards Alexsei.
Slightly unsettled the Russian took a moment to calm himself before placing a hand firmly on his boyfriend's shoulder, “It'll be okay...I'll look after you”, he promised.
A loud call from Max seemed to signal the beginning of their journey and Alexsei stood up simply in response before examining Scott for a moment with a strong look of determination.
“You better hang in there you idiot...”, he murmured softly before gently leaning down and scooping Scott up into his arms. Whether or not the boy could stand up on his own or not was irrelevant to Alexsei. The Russian only had one thing going through mind and that was to get Scott to the nearest town as soon as possible.

With a little help from Max, Alexsei managed to get Scott safely onto the Beartic's cool furry back.
“Good work Max...Come on stand still”, he added with firm calmness before taking a handful of his Pokemon's thick blubbery fur and pulling himself up onto it's back with grace.
”Lets go find Sora”, he stated in a more authoritative tone before giving the Pokemon's sides a small kick and moving the massive Bear into a steady walk.
Alexsei felt a small fragment of his building stress crumble away as they made their way through the humid forest. He knew that the town still lay kilometers away, but at least they had started moving.
He turned his attention back to his pallid looking boyfriend, who had been perched in-front of him, “Scott?...Hey? how are you feeling”, his tone was not unfriendly, but held a strong edge to it as he tried to decipher the possible cause of his boyfriend's illness.
The Russian wrapped his an arm around Scott's waist to steady the weakened boy, the last thing he wanted was for Scott to fall.
Alexsei suddenly thought of something and with his free hand he reached for his pocket to retrieve his Pokedex. A quick slide later and the expensive looking device opened with a click. He wasted not time as he began clicking and searching through information about the island they had landed on.
Okay so We're on one of the canary islands are we...but that doesn't help me. Which one is it?, he mulled in mild annoyance as he continued to search for more information.
After a few minutes of traveling and searching in silence, Alexsei flipped closed the Pokedex with a rather morbid expression hanging from his sharp features.
According to the Pokedex, they were on the East Canary island, a practically deserted place with one very big and infamous problem.
His deep blue eyes traveled to Scot's wound and he almost bit down on his tongue to stop him from asking a question he didn't want to hear the answer to.
“That wound... tell again how you got it?”

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 am

When Alexsei promised to look after him, Scott heaved a heavy sigh, and let go of his tension at last as he put his life in his boyfriend's hands. He knew that Alexsei would not let anything happen to him; if he could trust in anything, then it was that.
Scott did not object when he felt himself lifted off the ground, and he wrapped his arms automatically around his boyfriend's neck to steady himself. He was dizzy, and he felt as though he could fall at any moment, but he knew that Alexsei would not drop him.
Too weak to do much at all, Scott allowed Alexsei to lift him onto Max's back, and once on board, he took a desperate hold on the Pokemon's fur, and silently begged the world to stop spinning.
Luckily, Alexsei soon mounted up behind him, and Scott's worries were again eased a little by the man's steadying presence.
Then they began to move, and it took all of Scott's focus to keep himself sitting upright. The Beartic's smooth stride felt more violent than the pitching ship he had just escaped in his dizzied state, and still there was that unsettling haze in his mind, keeping him from thinking clearly.
“Scott?...Hey? how are you feeling?” Alexsei asked from behind him, and Scott felt an unwelcome flash of annoyance jolt through him as the voice distracted him from his balance.
An angry retort leaped to his lips, but Scott bit it back, horrified by his aggressive thoughts.
What's wrong with me?! How could I be angry with Alexsei for caring about me?
"I'm dizzy." He whispered simply in response, closing a sweaty palm around Alexsei's arm.
For a while there was silence as Alexsei checked something on his Pokedex, and Scott felt his mind growing foggier and foggier. It was a horribly disconcerting feeling; everything was slow and confusing, and he constantly felt as though he was forgetting something. His head ached as though he'd got in the way of a Golem's rock throw, and through it all, all he could feel was a fierce frustration for his lack of focus. His lack of control over his mind scared him, and with that fear came aggression the likes of which Scott had never felt before. He couldn't understand why he was feeling that way...
“That wound... tell again how you got it?” Alexsei asked behind him, and his soft voice sounded like the clashing of cymbals in Scott's aching head. He flinched away, and growled irritably, "A Rattata bite, not that it matters."
He shook his head, desperate to free himself of the sickly feeling wrapping so tight around him. He didn't even seem to notice how harsh his reply had sounded.
Everything was getting worse, and Scott felt as though he was losing himself in his rapidly-worsening symptoms.
"Let go." He snapped suddenly, slapping Alexsei's arm away from his waist, "You're making me too hot." He barely heard the aggression in his own voice. He just knew that suddenly, everything was frustrating him. He didn't want to feel Alexsei's hot breath on his neck, he didn't want to have to balance on the swaying Beartic, he didn't want any of this!
Muttering deliriously to himself under his breath, Scott found himself scratching absentmindedly at the bite on his arm, causing it to bleed again through the now-loosened bandage.
What the hell is happening to me...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm

"A Rattata bite, not that it matters.", Scott snarled irritably as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat, scratching harshly at the wound on his arm.
The Russian found himself deadly silent to his boyfriend's short temper. He had had to bite back a bitter retort, but somehow managed and sat in silent worry as they continued to plod on through the forest on Max's back.
The Russian eyed his boyfriend suspiciously as he thought over the symptoms of the disease this particular Canary island was so infamous for. The similarities in Scott's symptoms were frightening close to Rabies and Alexsei was losing his calm rather quickly as each symptom became more and more apparent to him.

As they rode on through the humid foliage, Alexsei could feel beads of sicky sweat run cleanly down the sides of his face. His own irritation prickling on like sparks starting up a fire.
He didn't deal well with tropical heat and his fear for Scott was stressing him to the point of nausea.
For a moment things seemed to shift back into something akin to quiet peace as both boys said very little. However this didn't last and suddenly Scott's mood took a violent dip.

"Let go...You're making me too hot", Scott snapped aggressively as he slapped Alexsei's arm away from his waist with surprising strength.
Instinctively the Russian pulled away from his boyfriend. He felt his nose wrinkle into an angry snarl. “Whatever...”, he growled indifferantly, not taking all that kindly to rejection.
Without another word said, Alexsei swung a leg casually over Max's rump as he dismounted his pokemon with an agile jump.
A resentful glare pulled across the Russian's features as he caught sight of the loosening bloody bandage that draped over Scott's arm, “Stop scratching that F*cking thing already! your hurting yourself!”, he growled in annoyance before shoving roughly passed Max and pressing on through the forest by foot with the great bear close behind him.
Alexsei was Angry at this point, he was worried about Scott and frustrated with their situation. He knew that if he couldn’t get his boyfriend medical help within the next 24-hours he would lose Scott.

A few hours seemed to pass by and exhaustedly the trio pressed on with Alexsei stubbornly leading the way. He was determined to keep on moving until they reached the town.
In the distance the Russian could the deep rumbling of thunder begin to echo once again over the land. Hesitantly he stared up at a patch of dark morbid-looking clouds as a light drizzle began to pour over the island. A grim expression pulled over his wet features, “We don't need this right now!”, he growled fiercely before harshly wiping away the hot sweat from his brow and tending to his over-heated Beartic.
He could see that the Pokemon was finished, it's thick winter fur was a bad match against the hot Mediterranean storm weather and it's powerful sides heaved harshly at it panted.
Alexsei breathed in hesitantly as he turned to face Max. His strong hand's stroking his pokemon's cheek gratefully as he spoke, “Thank you my friend, I'll take him from here”.
Max seemed to blink in simple understanding before lowering himself down to the muddy ground obediently.
“Come on Scott, I can't have you staying up there in the rain”, he stated seriously as he helped his boyfriend down from Max's warming back. Once Scott was back on the ground, Alexsei returned his tired Pokemon to it's pokeball.
With a sickeningly concerned feeling pulsing through his gut, Alexsei forced himself to take in Scott's dreadful physical state. The boy's hazel eyes seemed bloodshot and sunken against his green tinted pale skin. Every so often Scott seemed to tremble and pant as cold-sweat dripped from pained his body.
He'll die at this rate...I need to find that town, Alexsei mulled stressfully before crouching down to stared into Scott's glazed eyes seriously, “Listen...You need to trust me Scott, I'm trying to help you”.
Very gently Alexsei began to pick up Scott.
“Wrap your arms around my neck”, he instructed simply as he pulled the boy securely onto his back. Once he had Scott safely tucked into a piggy-back hold he began to carry him through the rain in search of shelter.
Alexsei could feel the heat emanating from Scott's body and every so often a painful groan would escape his boyfriend's lips. “Hang in there”, he growled as he pressed on determinedly through the forest.
After what felt like an eternity of walking Alexsei's exhausted gaze fell upon a large hollowed out tree. It wasn't much in the line of shelter, but it would do until the rain had passed at least.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:59 am

After Scott snapped at Alexsei, the latter snarled irritably, and just muttered, “Whatever...” After that he slid off Max's back, leaving Scott sitting alone on the Beartic, and suddenly struggling horribly for balance. He sniffed miserably, and continued absentmindedly scratching the horribly inflamed bite on his arm. He just wanted to curl up and cry... He felt horrible, and to top it all off, he was being mean to his Alexsei - and he couldn't even work out why. He just couldn't stop himself from feeling the horrible, unwelcome anger that his hazy mind continued to conjure up.
Alexsei, I'm so sorry for all this...
He drew in a shaky breath, and suddenly a voice beside him snapped, “Stop scratching that F*cking thing already! you're hurting yourself!”
Scott uttered a hiss of annoyance, but before he could snap back a waspish retort, Alexsei had pressed on ahead, leaving him feeling incurably alone.
He shivered feverishly, then flopped down on Max's back, taking handfuls of his fur to steady himself. Scott shook with silent, pained sobs. Just let me die already! He pleaded silently with God, ((Not yet, Scott. Wink )) his head spinning with sickening dizziness.

They moved on for a few highly unpleasant hours. A few times Scott would almost slip off Max's back, and Alexsei would have to push him back up, but still they pressed on. All the while, Scott was gradually worsening. He seemed barely aware of his surroundings sometimes, and other times he just seemed agitated and confused. He was trying, trying hard, not to mistreat his beloved Alexsei, but the worse his sickness got, the more difficult it became to control his aggression.
After a few hours had passed, the threatening clouds overhead suddenly burst, and a torrent of sickeningly warm rain spilled over the trio. Scott was in one of his semi-conscious phases, and seemed barely to notice. He just lay there, muscles stiff and tense, sides heaving, and saliva running down his chin. His fever was through the roof, and his eyes looked dead already. Alexsei's voice washed over him from a distance as Max suddenly lay down, and Scott felt himself being helped down from the pokemon's back. He could barely stand, but with Alexsei's help he managed to reach the ground, and just sat there, shaking and panting.
“Come on Scott," Alexsei murmured, "I can't have you staying up there in the rain.”
"Thank you..." Scott whispered, his voice so small and weak it was barely coherent. His bloodshot eyes slowly focused on Alexsei's Beartic, and he added in an even weaker voice, "Thanks Max."
The harsh torrents of rain seemed to be clearing his head just a little, and Scott somehow found the clarity of thought to wipe the spit from his chin.
He felt a shadow fall over him, and looked up with unfocused eyes to see Alexsei crouching before him, staring into his eyes with such intensity that Scott couldn't not meet his gaze.
“Listen...You need to trust me Scott, I'm trying to help you.” He said seriously, and as Scott nodded, he felt Alexsei's arms lifting him up from the ground.
“Wrap your arms around my neck.” Alexsei ordered, and Scott weakly obeyed. Then the pair continued their journey, until finally they reached a small hollowed-out tree.
As soon as they stopped, Scott groaned painfully, somehow made even dizzier when the motion ceased.
With Alexsei's help, Scott found himself huddled inside the hollow trunk, where at least it was dry. Soon enough Alexsei joined him, but when he tried to approach, Scott's aggression seemed to get the better of him again. "Get away!" He snapped, flinching away from Alexsei and defending himself with a weak slap.
The hazy figure swam before his eyes, and Scott found himself scrambling away in a blind panic, confused thoughts rolling around in his screwed-up head.
After a few frightened moments, Scott's eyes regained focus, and when he made sense of the situation, he seemed to calm down.
"Alexsei..." He mumbled in a small, miserable voice, "God, I'm sorry..." He crawled towards Alexsei, and gently touched his arm in apology. "I... I didn't recognise you."
There was a moment of silence as Scott took in the implication of his own words, and then he muttered breathlessly, "I'm not doing so great, am I?" He looked up at Alexsei with a weak smile, his eyes glazed with pain. He drew in a deep breath, and gazed around the inside of the tree, as though noticing it for the first time. His fever seemed to have cooled momentarily, and with it, the delirium had cleared, leaving him some clarity of thought, at least for a moment.
"Hey, Alley Cat?" He mumbled, smiling up at Alexsei again, "I really love you... You know that... Right?" His speech was slow and disjointed, because he had to pant just to breathe, but still he pressed on.
"For a long time... I was kind of lost... But you gave my life meaning again." He swallowed, and leaned heavily against Alexsei's arm when he lost the strength to hold himself up, "The day you said you loved me... That was the happiest day of my life; and every day since then, of course." He laughed weakly, "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I... I guess what I'm trying to say, is-" He broke off to swallow again, and closed his eyes as he felt his fever starting to spike again. "I guess what I'm trying to say," He mumbled again, his voice barely coherent, "Is that if I had to die beside you here, I'd die the happiest I've ever been."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:01 am

((A Very Short Post... Very Happy))

Once Alexsei had tucked Scott safely inside the hallowed out tree, he shifted in beside the boy.
Much to his shock Scott turned on him instantly as he neared his sickly boyfriend.
"Get away!", Scott cried and with a vicious temper the boy threw his hands up to lash out at Alexsei defensively.
The Russian despite his exhaustion managed to dodge Scott's attack sluggishly before grabbing hold of the boy's wrist with surprising strength and holding him firmly as Scott continued to flail about in complete panic.
“Scott?!...Hey Stop it!”, he growled concernedly. He didn't want Scott to hurt himself in his confusion and released him once he had calmed a little.
Once free Scott flinched away like a wounded Pidgey into the comer of the hollow.
A hard lump rose in Alexsei's throat as stared into his delirious boyfriend's dead gaze.
...He doesn't recognise me...What should I do?, The Russian mulled stressfully, biting his lip till it bled as he leaned painfully against the wooden back of the hollow with eyes locked onto Scott's shivering form.
He knew that the only way to get Scott help was to get him to the town, but he couldn't carry Scott through the rain, rather if he did he'd risk killing his boyfriend under the elements. Hell he didn't even know which way the town was, he'd been following Sora the entire time, but with weather he knew that he wouldn't be able to see her now.
“F*cking hell...I'm so useless”, he mulled with quiet anger as his bangs fell guilty over his eyes.

A few moments passed before Alexsei heard Scott's soft voice call to him.
"Alexsei..."
The Russian gazed up slowly to met Scott's strained apologetic face. He could feel the boy's hot fingers on his arm and he shivered slightly in response.
”God, I'm sorry...I... I didn't recognise you.”, Scott stammered quietly as he weakly crawled closer to the Russian.
Alexsei felt a subtle smile crept onto his lips as his cold eyes softened painfully, “Hey it's okay, don't worry about...”, he murmured simply as he gently cupped Scott's cheek.
Scott's painful breathing seemed to falter as he spoke,"I'm not doing so great, am I?", he muttered breathlessly as with a weak smile pulled onto his sunken features.
Alexsei felt at a loss for words and in response he shook his head slowly in denial, “No, Y-your fine...your just tired that’s all”, he stated quietly as he gazed fearfully at Scott. His boyfriend was slipping away so quickly that it physically hurt Alexsei. It was as though a part of him were dying, disintegrating with each breath that slipped from Scott's cracked lips.
"Hey, Alley Cat?", Scott mumbled weakly and Alexsei furrowed his eyebrows in acknowledgement as the boy continued to speak, his tone sluggish and disjointed as he struggled to breath,"I really love you... You know that... Right?"
Alexsei's chest was aching at those words and he sat in silence as he listened attentively to each painful word Scott had managed to utter, he didn't dare interrupt him.
"For a long time... I was kind of lost... But you gave my life meaning again...You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I... I guess what I'm trying to say, is-", Scott broke off as an agonized expression pulled over his face. The boy's body gave in beneath him, leaving him to lean heavily against Alexsei's shoulder as the Russian supported him with what little strength he had left. Scott took a moment to catch is breath before finishing his sentence through a barely audible voice,"-Is that if I had to die beside you here, I'd die the happiest I've ever been.".
A weakened smile lingered upon Scott parched lips and Alexsei clenched his teeth at those heartfelt words. He tried to be strong, but couldn't hold back his tears any longer as they leaked rebelliously down his dirty cheeks. With a distressed gesture he wiped them away angrily before gently burying his face into Scott's shoulder. “Please...Please don't leave me”, he begged softly as he whispered into his boyfriends ear. He felt fear tighten the muscles in his throat as he pressed on, “I love you Scott...I-I know I didn't show it very well, but I...I was a coward", His voice faltered and he clutched Scott's shoulders firmly, “So Please...Please stay with me....I'm not strong enough, I've lost everyone already, I can't lose you too...”. Alexsei added shakily as he gazed deeply into Scott's fading eyes. Alexsei pressed his eyes shut painfully before gently meeting Scott's lips with his own as he murmured in finality. “I love you”

The rain finally came to stop after a few dark hours. Once the clouded had separated warm gentle sunlight shone in on the dark hollowed out tree. The light played through the shadows of the leaves as it glittered on the forms of two sleeping boy's leaning against each other side by side.
The hard flap of massive wings echoed outside the hollow as Sora landed before the rotting tree. Her sharp eyes sought out Alexsei and when she had located her master as she gave out a piercing cry.
A mess of footsteps followed by a small group of strangers came her way as she signaled them towards the two sleeping boys.
The strangers exchanged words of concern as they gather around Alexsei and Scott.

A few hours later...
Alexsei felt a gentle hand press against his cold cheek. The sensation of strange fingers running over the scar that had been etched over his right eye awoke him and in response he murmured in his native tongue before snapping his brilliant blue eyes open as his thoughts darted to his precious Scott.
“Scott?!”, he asked uncertainly as a blurry figure spun before his eyes. As his gaze focused he caught sight a pretty red-hair nurse before him.
“Don't F*cking touch me!”, he snarled defensively as he swatted her hand away from his face.
Alexsei's eyes searched the room for a moment as he took in his new surroundings with distaste.
“What the hell...F*ck where am I?...Where's Scott?”, he growled accusingly at the nurse before angrily scrambling out of the strange bed and onto his feet. Unconsciously he ripped out the mess of needles that had been set into his veins.
“Don't do that!...Wait Sir! Get back into bed this instant!”, the nurse shouted hysterically as a Doctor came to aid her.
Alexsei's legs caved in as he tried to walk, sending him crashing to the floor with force and he landed painfully on his knees as he tried to catch himself. His head was spinning terribly with thoughts of Scott and he felt horrid, his entire body aching from both hunger and strain.
The nurse shouted in panic once again and the doctor took charge as he grabbed hold of Alexsei's arm. However much to the stranger's surprise Alexsei launched himself at the man like a wild Nidoking, knocking the man to the ground as he took hold of the stranger's collar, fiercely shaking him into submission.
“Where's Scott?!...He better be okay for your sake”, The Russian threatened with a dangerous growl. The Doctor didn't look impressed and began to struggle as he overpowered Alexsei's weak form with surprising difficulty.
After much Struggling Alexsei lay pinned beneath the stranger, he clawed and cursed fiercely, but couldn't get up and was left staring loathing at the doctor.
The Strange man took a moment to catch his breath before adjusting his glasses simply and talking to Alexsei in a tone that was far too calm for the Russian's liking.“Scott?...Oh So that's his name...you put up quiet a good fight for someone who's half dead just by the way”.
Alexsei was angry and frustrated beyond comprehension, “Where's Scott?!...I want to see him!”, he repeated breathlessly as the Doctor pressed a sedative into his arm. “I'll take you to him after you calm down and rest for a while longer”, the stranger offered leaving Alexsei to shake his head in rejection as he fought with himself to stay awake. “That’s not good enough”, he growled as the Doctor slowly released him, hoping that the boy would just slip into sleep.
Alexsei felt the sedative taking effect, but still he pressed himself up and headed sluggishly towards the door, swaying dangerously.
The Doctor gave an an annoyed sigh before casually swinging an arm around Alexsei's waist as he steadied the unruly teen. “Your clearly not going to stop until you see him are you?”
Alexsei shook his head firmly, he felt sick to the core and hobbled forward as the Stranger led him slowly through the hospital, till they reached the Intensive care unit.
A huge glass window allowed Alexsei to gaze into one of the rooms, his narrowed eyes caught sight of Scott inside and instantly a flood of relief crashed over Alexsei.
“Scott...Thank God”, he breathed heavily as the last of his unshed tears dripped to the floor.
The doctor gave Alexsei a thoughtful gaze as he held him up, “We still don't know if he'll pull, but he's stable for now...You have to leave him to rest”, the doctor added firmly as he led Alexsei back to his own room.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 am

“Please...Please don't leave me." Alexsei begged desperately, and Scott gave his boyfriend's hand a reassuring squeeze in response, "I love you Scott...I-I know I didn't show it very well, but I...I was a coward. So Please...Please stay with me....I'm not strong enough, I've lost everyone already, I can't lose you too..." Scott stared at the hazy shape of Alexsei's face before him, his heart aching with fondness for the boy. He felt Alexsei's lips meet his, and returned the kiss with what little strength he had left as Alexsei murmured through tears, “I love you.”
"I'll never leave you..." Scott promised breathlessly, clumsily wiping the tears from his boyfriend's face with a heavy hand. "Even if I die, I... I..."
He trailed off, sighing heavily, and didn't speak another word. He simply didn't have the strength.

That night was a long and torturous one for Scott. Alexsei soon fell asleep, taken down by sheer exhaustion, but Scott was left to battle his exhaustion in a half-awake state, since insomnia robbed him of any chance to rest. Still, moving was impossible, so he just lay there dead still, eyes closed, and continued struggling to draw each shallow breath as he leaned against the reassuring warmth that was his sleeping boyfriend.
By the time morning came, Scott had lost consciousness, and he found himself delivered unawares to some strange place. Had he had any idea of reality, he might have been upset not to have Alexsei at his side, but by that stage he was too far gone even to notice.

Upon arrival at the hospital, Scott was rushed into the ICU and quickly hooked up to several drips. His bite was also seen to. Or rather, the affected area was carved out of his arm entirely in surgery, then carefully treated and bandaged.
Even on the medication, Scott was not doing well, and he coded several times in the early hours after arriving at the hospital. They nearly lost him, but each time he would seem to just cling on by a thread, until he finally stabilized sometime after midday. But even then, it was still touch and go. His breathing was laboured, and his heartbeat was shockingly weak. But still, he hung in there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:12 pm

The week had passed at an unbearably slow pace for Alexsei. He was still stuck in the hospital much to his annoyance and it was all thanks to the head Doctor, Derrick; who insisted that he stay until the results from his blood test came in.
The Russian of course knew that he hadn't contracted Rabies, but Derrick hadn't been convinced. The Young Doctor had stated quite firmly that until the results were in Alexsei wasn't allowed to set foot outside the hospital grounds.

The Russian had growled in response, but in all honesty he really didn't care about it too much though. It just another thing that annoyed him in his all ready frustrated state.
His mind had mostly been focused on Scott. His boyfriend had been lying in the ICU for nearly four days now and despite not being allowed to enter the rooms, Alexsei had still made an effort to sneak out to see him.
Of course Derrick and his pack of B*tchy nurses had done everything in their efforts to stop Alexsei, However after fighting with them multiple times and even forcing a few into tears, they just lost faith and let the relentless Russian have his way.
Alexsei of course knew better than to actually enter the ICU rooms and took to sitting outside the rooms in deadly silence as he waited patiently, hour after hour for Scott to awaken from his slumber. This waiting action had eventually become a routine of Alexsei's and often he would just sit were he was from morning to late night, waiting and perhaps even praying to his own secret god for Scott to recover.((So he does believe in me ^^))

On the fifth day Scott was finally released from the ICU and discharged into a private room which Alexsei had arranged for.
The Russian been prowling around Scott's room protectively everyday after that, ensuring that his precious boy received only the absolute best care from the hospital and kicking up a huge fit when things weren't perfectly the way he wanted them to be.
For the main part Alexsei just sat aloofly at Scott's side, not wanting to talk to anyone other than his inanimate lover. Scott's death-like stated rendered Alexsei to silence for the most part and he had instinctively shut himself up inside his own world.
His anti-social behavior was normal by his standards, but by any sane person's it would be judged as stressing and deeply abnormal.

As day seven rolled by Alexsei found himself padding into Scott's room silently. A single white rose in his hand, which he added idly to the indoor garden that had become Scott's bedroom. Large collections of flowers in vases stood everywhere.
Once the new flowers were in place, Alexsei strode gracefully over to Scott's side before ,murmuring a warm greeting to his boyfriend and gently kissing his forehead as he always did, before making his way over to a chair to sit in his usual spot beside Scott's bed.
Alexsei's behavior was beginning to become a little unhealthy. His complete obsession with Scott had pushed him to neglect himself slightly and it came as no surprise when Alexsei saw Doctor Derrick's familiar face staring at him from the doorway.
Alexsei glared at the man with simple threat before turning his focus back onto Scott, “How's he doing today Doc ?”, the Russian inquired absently, tossing his words over his turned shoulder.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:40 pm

It was the seventh day after the Rabies patient and his Russian partner had arrived, and Doctor Derrick was already exhausted. As if battling against such an intense case of rabies wasn't enough; now he had the troublesome Russian to deal with as well. It was not that he didn't like Alexsei, it was just that the boy was, well, everywhere. Whether he was refilling the patient's IV or changing the bandage on his arm, Alexsei was looking over his shoulder like some sort of guardian angel, and poor Dr. Derrick was beginning to find it just a little stressful. He got the uncomfortable feeling that if he messed up even a little with the patient's recovery, Alexsei would kill his family. He was pretty sure he'd heard the boy threaten it during one of his many fits back when they had been trying to keep him in his room.
Derrick snorted in amusement at the memory. Now that had gone well.

He pulled himself out of his thoughts when he reached his patient's room, and shot a warm smile at the ever-present form of Alexsei sitting by the bed. He had to hand it to the kid, he certainly did care for his little friend, or boyfriend, whatever the hell they were. He didn't care to ask.
As if on cue, Alexsei looked up, and responded to the doctor's smile with a glare. Undeterred, Dr. Derrick walked over, and began casually checking his patient's vitals.
“How's he doing today Doc?” Alexsei asked, not bothering to look at him.
"A little better, actually." Derrick answered, smiling as he pulled up a chair beside Alexsei. He had learned that the Russian's bark was worse than his bite - well, most of the time, anyway - and he didn't seem too put off by Alexsei's threatening glares, nor his aloof attitude.
"A better question," Derrick went on cheerfully, "Is how are you doing? Because frankly, you look dreadful." He reached into the pocket of his white coat, and produced a small tub of pills. "Here." He said, pressing them into Alexsei's hands, "Since you clearly haven't been eating well, you'd better take these. Don't look at me like that, they're only multivitamins." He rolled his eyes, "It won't help anybody if we have to treat you all over again by the time Scott recovers."
Dr. Derrick's eyes twinkled in a warm, friendly fashion as he spoke, and he patted Alexsei's knee briefly before turning his attention back to Scott.
"His vitals are good today." Derrick mused, "At risk of being optimistic, I think we're over the worst. He's not out of the woods yet, but," He turned to Alexsei, smiling again, "I'm sure he'll live. Lucky bastard," He chortled, "I've never seen anybody come back from a Rabies case so far along, but this kid just doesn't give up, does he? I guess he must have a pretty good reason to want to keep living." Flashing a friendly wink, Dr. Derrick stood, and offered Alexsei his hand. "Come on." He said, "You should try to get some rest. You look exhausted, and as a healer, I can't ignore that. Nothing is going to change here in the next few hours, and if it makes you feel any better, I'll watch him myself."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:05 am

"A little better, actually.", the Doctor responded with a smile as he attentively finished his routine check up on Scott.
Alexsei gave a thoughtful nod in response as he briefly gazed at Derrick. His cold eyes flickered with question almost wanting to ask more, but then looking way firmly, deciding against it.
He was deeply relieved to find Scott's recovery going so well. In the beginning he had had sleepless nights worrying over his boyfriend's chances in the ICU, but at least for now it seemed as though the worst was over.

The strapping sound of a chair dragging beside Alexsei made him look up towards Derrick instinctively and with simple growl he threatened the doctor with a trademark glare.
He better leave me alone
Alexsei thought with annoyance as the Doctor perched himself casually beside the Russian.
With an annoyed roll of his eyes and a small angry grunt Alexsei shifted himself away from the man, setting apart some space between them.
Derrick seemed to hold his usual cheerful expression in tact despite Alexsei's cold attitude and he proceeded to speak, ”A better question...Is how are you doing? Because frankly, you look dreadful”
At these words Alexsei watched Derrick tentatively, trying to figure out if anything of threat was behind the man's thoughts or words. When he found nothing to battle against he wrinkled his nose up simply before responding indifferently, “Your the Doctor, you tell me...”.
Alexsei raised an eyebrow in question when Derrick pressed a bottle of pills into his hands
"Here...Since you clearly haven't been eating well, you'd better take these. "
It was true that he hadn't had much of an appetite of late, but Alexsei didn't enjoy the concept of taking pills even in the slightest. Stubbornly readied himself to toss the bottle back with a blunt response of 'No thank you'
“Don't look at me like that, they're only multivitamins...It won't help anybody if we have to treat you all over again by the time Scott recovers.", Derrick added with in friendly fashion as he patted the Russian's knee briefly before standing up to check on Scott's vitals again.
Alexsei swatted away the gesture aloofly, but didn't argue any further about the pills and casually popped open the lid of the bottle to obediently take one of the capsules.
"His vitals are good today...At risk of being optimistic, I think we're over the worst...”
The Doctor mused.
”He's not out of the woods yet", Derrick continued, his smile gone for a second before taking a moment to return to it's expected spot across his lips,”But I'm sure he'll live. Lucky bastard...”
Derrick's warm gaze gave Alexsei slight reassurance as he continued to speak,"I've never seen anybody come back from a Rabies case so far along, but this kid just doesn't give up, does he?
Alexsei smirked at this before shaking his head simply and replying in a firm tone, “He's stronger than what most people give him credit for”
Derrick seemed to take the words into consideration for a moment before flashing a friendly wink his way, ”I guess he must have a pretty good reason to want to keep living.”
Alexsei didn't catch the hit and shrugged in response, “I guess he does...he's got a long mission ahead of him after all”, he added deeply as he thought over the hardships that the future held.

"Come on.", Derrick offered in a friendly tone as he reached out a hand towards Alexsei's still seated form.
”You should try to get some rest. You look exhausted, and as a healer, I can't ignore that. Nothing is going to change here in the next few hours, and if it makes you feel any better, I'll watch him myself."
With a small sigh Alexsei rejected the offer, pushing the man's hand away indifferently. His gesture wasn't harsh, rather it was just firm, “No... I'll stay here”, he insisted.
His deadened gaze briefly turned towards the flowers all set neatly in their vases.
Alexsei felt dangerously alone when he wasn't at Scott's side and when he was alone he couldn’t keep out the haunting thoughts of his precious boyfriend slipping away without him.
His thoughts made him victim to all sorts of inner torment and when sleep did threaten to come,he would often wake up in the middle of the night to see a ghostly hallucination of his mother or brother walking down the hospital corridors.
They always lingered far too close to Scott's room...Far too close for comfort.
“It's more exhausting being away, if I'm here then... we're both safe”, Alexsei added softly as he closed his eyes and relaxed into his chair.
He didn't want people to pity him and he didn't want them near him.
“Don't get involved with me...”, he stated simply over his shoulder before growling rather threateningly, “Just do your f*cking job”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:57 am

Derrick was not pleased that Alexsei refused his offer to go off and rest, but since he had at least agreed to take the vitamins, he decided rather to quit while he was ahead. Besides, he knew a lost cause when he saw one, and there was just no way that Alexsei was going to leave Scott's side. That was obvious.
Still... Maybe a compromise could be reached. Strange as it seemed, Derrick liked the young Russian. There was something about his loyalty to Scott that was... Refreshing. Too often the doctor had seen beaten wives dragged into the ICU, or sickly grandparents just left to die alone without a fighting chance. Here, at last, was somebody who truly cared.
Smiling at Alexsei despite the boy's abrasive attitude, Derrick stood, and walked out of the room. He was not gone for long, however, before he returned - wheeling a spare gurney along in front of him.
He pushed it through the door, then rolled it toward Alexsei with a subtle smirk.
"There." He said, "It's not exactly a bed, but at least now you can lie down while you mope around here."
He walked over to the boy, then took out a pen and notepad, and quickly jotted down a few numbers. He ripped off the sheet, and handed it to Alexsei.
"I'm off for the weekend." He explained, "But you can call me on my cellphone if you're worried my colleagues aren't doing their jobs."
With a friendly wink and a wave, Derrick turned away, and walked off to leave Alexsei alone with Scott again.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday passed with little change, until finally, early on Monday morning, Scott began to stir at last. It was about 6AM when wakefulness finally returned to him, and he opened his eyes, blinking groggily up at the ceiling.
Where am I...?
He swallowed and licked his lips. His mouth felt dry and rough, and when he first tried to speak, no sound came out.
Drawing in a deep breath, he tried again.
"Alexsei...?"
His cracked lips formed the word, but it came out as little more than a breathy whisper; barely coherent over the sounds of the beeping machines around him.
He was scared. He wanted to sit up and look around, confirm where he was, and make sure that his boyfriend was okay... But he barely had the strength to speak. His body was still catching up with his wakeful mind, and he didn't have it in him to move just yet.
I want my Alexsei. He thought simply, struggling desperately to find the strength to speak again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:16 pm

"There, It's not exactly a bed, but at least now you can lie down while you mope around here.", Derrick added with a subtle smirk as he wheeled a spare gurney into the room.
At first Alexsei was hesitant to take up the offer, but the genuine surprise of the gesture made him accept it and he smirked in thanks, “You doctors sure are persistent”, he added in annoyance before standing up and walking towards the doctor as Derrick handed him a sheet of paper with a list of scribbled numbers.“What's this?”, Alexsei added questionably as he raised an eyebrow.
"I'm off for the weekend.", Derrick explained, "But you can call me on my cellphone if you're worried my colleagues aren't doing their jobs.".
Alexsei gazed at the man with comprehension, who the heck was this guy. He hadn't met any one more annoying nor so completely well-suited to his job.
He gazed at Derrick a moment longer, suddenly realizing how much he reminded him of Scott in personality. He looked away quickly and left Derrick to make his way towards the door.
Just as the doctor was about leave Alexsei threw a few last minute words over his shoulder, “Hey Doc...Thanks”, he added simply.

The weekend went by slowly with little change and Alexsei had managed to get a lot more rest thanks to the gurney Derrick had 'lent' him.
Of course he had kept a good firm eye on the staff when he hadn't been resting, especially since the head doctor wasn't supervising them. Things had gone well except for one incident on the Saturday with an intern who had accidentally given Scott the incorrect dosage in pain medication.
Let's just say that half the staff had to tear Alexsei off the poor guy after the Russian had threatened to tear the newbie a new ass-hole.
Since then however things had calmed again and time pressed on in it's ever-continous manner.

When early Monday morning came, Alexsei had been sitting in his usual chair beside Scott's bed. The Russian had been in a state of near sleep, when the soft whisper of words caught his attention and awoke him.
Curiously he opened his tired eyes and gave a rather despondent look towards Scott's bed, not expecting much at first and figuring that his imagination must have been acting up again.
However as his eyes met Scott's opened hazel ones he felt his own heart beat quicken.
He stood up quickly as he heard Scott weakly call his name.
“I'm here Scott...Shhhh, you don't strain yourself”, he added gently as he moved a strand of hair away from his boyfriend's pale face.
In that moment Alexsei couldn't even express how grateful he was to have Scott back at his side, he just stood there at Scott's side with a genuinely happy smile pasted across his handsome face.
“So decided to stay in this world then?”, he added with a teasing tone before bending down to gently hug his boyfriends neck. “You kept your promise... you didn't leave me”, Alexsei added in a more serious tone before carefully pulling away and leaning over Scott, staring thoughtfully into the boy's beautiful eyes.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:54 pm

“I'm here Scott... Shhhh, you don't strain yourself.” Alexsei encouraged gently as he rushed to Scott's bedside. Scott looked up at him, weak and tired, and smiled radiantly up at his boyfriend as he felt Alexsei's tender touch on his forehead.
He closed his eyes for a moment, and when he opened them, he saw Alexsei smiling at him, looking so utterly happy that Scott even managed a weak laugh, followed by a small grin of sheer delight at the look on his boyfriend's face.
“So decided to stay in this world then?” Alexsei teased, leaning down to hug him. “You kept your promise... You didn't leave me.”
Scott drew upon all his strength, and managed to lift an arm, which he draped lovingly over Alexsei's back. Then he turned his head, bringing his lips to his boyfriend's cheek, and whispered through smiling lips, "Of course I didn't. I'll never leave you... You stupid Psyduck." He chuckled breathlessly, then Alexsei pull back, and Scott's arm slipped back onto the bed.
He just lay still for a moment, taking some time to gather his strength, then he reached out and took Alexsei's hand in his, folding his fingers clumsily around his boyfriend's.
"Did I make you worry?" He whispered, smiling teasingly into his boyfriend's beautifully intense gaze.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:14 pm

"Did I make you worry?", Scott asked with a whispered tease as he held Alexsei's cold hand warmly between his fingers.
”You have no idea...“, The Russian added with a hesitant smile. He had been intensely worried about Scott throughout the entire week. It had been utter hell waiting for him to recover and Alexsei still shuddered at the thought of his boyfriend's life dancing so frequently in and out of death during his stay in the ICU.
Alexsei's dark-ringed eyes narrowed in concern as his fingers gently traced the spot where Scott's drip had been inserted. “Are you still in pain?...”
“I want you to tell me if there’s something you need...anything at all”, he added softly as he met the boy's eyes with a deeply serious look.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:25 pm

“Are you still in pain?...” Alexsei asked, his fingers gently tracing around the needle of the drip in Scott's arm. He shuddered at the sight of it, but shook his head. He was in pain, but it was nowhere near as bad as before. He barely felt it now. “I want you to tell me if there’s something you need... Anything at all.” Alexsei murmured softly, and Scott met the boy's serious gaze with a gentle, loving smile.
"I have everything I need right here." He replied quietly, resting a weak hand warmly on his boyfriend's cheek.
"Thank you, Alexsei." He whispered, "Not only for saving my life, but..." His smile softened, "For being here when I woke up. I... I can't even begin to explain how much it means."
He slid his hand around to the back of Alexsei's neck, and used the support to help prop himself up and pull his boyfriend towards him in one smooth movement. His lips met Alexsei's, and he kissed him for a moment longer than a standard peck, then he was forced to break when his strength failed him, leaving his head to fall back onto the pillow.
"You're my best friend, Alley Cat." He whispered, his beautiful hazel eyes gleaming with peaceful affection, "I'm so glad I have you in my life."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:22 pm

"I have everything I need right here.", Scott replied weakly as he gently pressed a hand to Alexsei's cheek. The Russian closed his eyes for a moment enjoying the warmth of the gesture. Hearing Scott's voice once again soothed him deeply and he opened his eyes to met Scott's as the boy whispered words to him.
"Thank you, Alexsei, Not only for saving my life, but...”, he paused for a moment allowing a softening smile to pull onto his lips, "But for being here when I woke up. I... I can't even begin to explain how much it means."
The Russian gave Scott an appreciative gaze before allowing his features to go slightly sullen. He suddenly shook his head disapprovingly before murmuring quietly, “I almost let you die out there...your in this state because of me”
Alexsei searched Scott's gaze hesitantly for a respond and soon received one as Scott's hand slid smoothly around the back of his neck. With a subtle smirk Alexsei added aloofly, “Your still far too kind with me y'know...”. He didn't hold back as he leaned into Scott's kiss.
The moment felt so completely right and Alexsei couldn’t shrug off how utterly and completely thankful he was to still have Scott here with him.
As Scott's strength failed him, the kiss broke apart leaving Scott to fall back into the comfort of his pillow. Alexsei's gaze flickered with concern as he stared intensely into those gleaming hazel eyes he so loved.
"You're my best friend, Alley Cat.", Scott whispered before adding affectionately, "I'm so glad I have you in my life."
Alexsei took those words to heart, they meant more to him than anything else ever could.
“Your my best friend too Scott...Hell, I think I would be barely human if it weren't for you”. His tone held a seriousness to it that echoed his feelings.
Very slowly he allowed a small smirk to play upon his handsome features as he ruffled Scott's hair affectionately. “Your one of a kind Scott...”

In the background the room door slowely creaked open and Alexsei pulled away from Scott as he stood up to met the intruder with a defensive glare. His protective feelings over Scott hadn't changed since the boy had awoken and Alexsei still treated any unwelcomed visitor with a cold shoulder.
The Russian felt himself relax slightly as Doctor Derrick's familiar face came into view.
“Oh, It's just you”, he added callously before turning his attention back to Scott.
Protectively he nuzzled his boyfriend's ear before slowly adding in a whisper “I guess I better leave you to rest a little more.”
With a reassuring kiss to Scott's forehead Alexsei padded over towards Derrick, throwing the a man a surprisingly arrogant look as he strolled passed him and out into the hall.
“Hey Scott, let me know if that guy gives you any trouble...his a bit of a D*ck, but not the worse doctor I've seen around here'”, Alexsei added over his shoulder as he casually disappeared from sight, making his way through the hospital hallways as he pleased.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Scott just rolled his eyes and scoffed when Alexsei tried to blame himself for the whole ordeal. "That's nonsense." He scolded firmly, "And we both know it. Unless you somehow managed to turn into a rabid rattata and take a bite out of my arm." His eyes twinkled as he reached up and poked Alexsei teasingly on the nose, giggling weakly to himself as his arm dropped tiredly back to his side.
After a brief kiss and a small exchange of words, Alexsei looked into his eyes and said, “You're my best friend too Scott... Hell, I think I would be barely human if it weren't for you.” His gaze softened at the sincerity in his boyfriend's tone, and he smiled lovingly when Alexsei ruffled his hair, and added, “You're one of a kind Scott...”
"Well, look at you." He teased, his voice barely above a whisper, "Going all soft on me. Guess you're a house cat now." He snorted at his own bad joke, beginning to feel a little more alive now that the lingering sensation of sleep had left him. Some colour had even returned to his pallid cheeks.
After a moment, Scott pushed his joking expression aside, and whispered earnestly to Alexsei, "Thanks..." He laid a warm hand on the boy's cheek, "It means the world to me to hear you say that."
He didn't think he could ever love anything as much as he loved Alexsei at that moment.

Unfortunately, before he could spend any more quality time with his beloved Alley Cat, the door opened, and a doctor walked in. Scott looked up curiously, and offered the man a polite smile. Alexsei offered a far less polite greeting, and Scott wasn't sure whether to laugh or roll his eyes. It really was hilarious how different Alexsei was with anyone other than him... It honestly made him feel pretty special.
“I guess I better leave you to rest a little more.” The Russian murmured, startling Scott out of his thoughts as he nuzzled his neck. "You don't have to..." He whispered, looking wide-eyed up at Alexsei, "I'm fine..."
Honestly, he didn't want Alexsei to leave him, even for a second.
But his objections proved moot, because Alexsei was already at the door when he turned back and said, “Hey Scott, let me know if that guy gives you any trouble... He's a bit of a D*ck, but not the worst doctor I've seen around here.”
This time, Scott really did roll his eyes, and he was smiling fondly by the time Alexsei walked away. He loved that stupid jerk with all his heart.

Doctor Derrick watched Alexsei leave with raised eyebrows, then shook his head and chuckled to himself. Despite his rudeness, the fact that the Russian had left was a compliment in itself.
"Nice to see you awake at last." He said as he approached Scott's bed, quickly checking over his vitals, "You gave us all quite a scare."
"Sorry." Scott replied sheepishly. Derrick just winked at him, so Scott smiled in response, and added, "Sorry if Alexsei's been causing trouble." Derrick groaned, and laughed out loud as he answered, "You have no idea! We've been assembling armies of interns to try get past him. He's a monster."
Grinning in fond amusement, Scott just shook his head and said, "He means well. He's a good guy."
Derrick nodded, "I know."
"How is he doing, anyway? I'll bet he neglected himself while I was out, didn't he...?"
"He did."
"Idiot."
"Yup."
The two smiled briefly at each other, then Derrick laughed, and adjusted something on Scott's IV.
"Listen, Scott," He said, returning to business, "You're on the road to recovery now, but we want to keep you another week just to monitor the recovery. The last thing he want now is a relapse."

Scott said goodbye to the doctor when he left the room, and before he knew it, he was asleep again; pretty exhausted, considering he had been asleep for a full week. The next few days passed in a blur. Alexsei was always with him, and on the rare occasion that he wasn't, Scott was never alone. Now that he was awake, he had become something of a popular patient, and often found himself entertaining various young, friendly nurses - all of whom strategically vanished whenever Alexsei appeared.
By the end of the week, when Derrick finally discharged him, Scott was feeling considerably better.
In fact, the very second after he had been handed his discharge form, Scott kicked the covers off his bed, and pounced at Alexsei - who was sitting on a chair beside him, as usual.
"Ready to go?" He asked cheerfully, throwing his arms around his boyfriend's neck and squeezing affectionately.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:58 pm

The following week passed by quicker than what Alexsei thought it even possible.
Each peaceful day he had spend devotedly at Scott's side, listening to the boy's animated stories and sharing in conversation as talked through almost every topic under the sun.
When Alexsei hadn't been at Scott's side he had been giving out instructions through his newly-aquired cell phone. He had a lot of work and preparation lying ahead for the Pokemon League and he was terribly behind considering that the League started in just a few short days.
Thankfully with a few strings pulled here and there, he was able to make some kind of compromise through his father's company; Articuno, which practically ran the league these days.

When Monday morning came by, Alexsei sat in his usual spot beside Scott's bed as they waited patiently for Scott's discharge forms.
When Derrick finally entered the room and handed Scott his papers, the boy kicked off his bed covers and bounced out of bed looking a lot more lively.
"Ready to go?", Scott asked cheerfully as he made his way towards Alexsei, wrapping his arms affectionately around the Russian's neck.
Alexsei smirked simply in response, “Yeah, It's about time we got outta here”.
With a final acknowledging and surprisingly respectful nod thrown Derrick's way, Alexsei slowly stood up and led Scott through the hospital building as they checked out.

Once outside the Russian took a moment to enjoy the fresh sensation of gentle wind on his face. He had really missed being out in the real world. Living indoors wasn't he's style, he was no house pet and he had made that very clear with Derrick and everybody who had tried to keep him in his room.
“Feels good to be outside again...”, he murmured thoughtfully before padding casually into the beautifully pruned gardens that lay about the hospital grounds.
The sweet scent of roses and jasmine hung in the air as they walked together along a stone pathway. Passing neatly trimmed flowerbeds that had been filled to the brim with herbal shrubbery, flowers and massive leafy trees.
Alexsei walked on with Scott at his side as they entered into the deeper, better shaded parts of the garden. It was here beneath the high branches of the massive Oaktree that Alexsei finally stopped walking.
His brilliant blue eyes flickered with mystery as he stood behind Scott before wrapped his muscular arms protectively around the boy's waist as he pulled Scott close to his chest.
“I finally have you all to myself again”, he purred softly before brushing his lips gently across Scott's jawline as he spoke.
“These gardens are beautiful aren’t they?...Everytime I came out here alone, I'd think of you and how much I wanted to have you here by my side”, he added a small smirk before resting his chin on his boyfriend's shoulder.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:31 pm

When they walked out into the gardens, Scott instantly froze and took in a deep breath of the fresh air, his eyes dancing with light as he stared around at the great outdoors that he had so missed during his time in the hospital. Alexsei made a comment on how good it was to be outside, but Scott was too happy to listen. He spun around, drinking in the sights, sounds and smells, and found himself grinning so wide that it hurt.
Soon enough Alexsei started walking, and Scott shelved his excitement to trot along happily beside his boyfriend, eyes still alive with the sheer joy of living. Clearly, the whole rabies incident had not dampened his spirits any. If anything, he seemed happier and more enthusiastic than ever before.

They finally stopped beneath the great branches of an old oak tree, and Scott found himself staring up in awe at the beautiful dappled light filtering through the leaves. He was in such a daze that when he felt Alexsei's arms slip around his waist, he yelped and jumped in surprise. Glancing back over his shoulder at Alexsei, Scott just grinned, and giggled under his breath to himself like a lovesick teenager. Alexsei pulled him closer, and Scott fell gladly into his boyfriend's embrace, leaning peacefully against him. “I finally have you all to myself again." Alexsei murmured, and Scott closed his eyes in blissful relaxation when he felt his boyfriend's lips brush his jaw. He couldn't have imagined a more perfect moment in his dreams.
"These gardens are beautiful aren’t they?" Alexsei said gently, resting his chin lightly on Scott's shoulder, "Every time I came out here alone, I'd think of you and how much I wanted to have you here by my side.”
These words touched him greatly, and the smile slipped from Scott's face as he looked solemnly back at his boyfriend, "I'm sorry I made you lonely..." He mumbled, fixing Alexsei with his wide, earnest gaze. For a long while he craned his neck, trying to see his boyfriend; then he just gave up, and turned in Alexsei's grip, slipping his arms around his boyfriend's waist as soon as he faced him. "I'm so glad I got to share this with you." He said, beaming in sheer exuberance while his hazel eyes danced with the dappled light, "Thank you." He laughed, and pecked Alexsei lovingly on the nose, "I don't know what for, but thank you."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 am

Scott turned in Alexsei's embrace and the Russian allowed an slightly unnerved expression to pass over his features as he watched Scott's smile slowly slip away.
"I'm sorry I made you lonely...",Scott mumbled softly before slipping his arms around the Russian's waist.
With a subtle smirk Alexsei shook his head firmly before replying in a rather blunt, but well-meaning tone, “Not everything is your fault Scott, You don't need to apologize”

Scott seemed to consider this for a moment and a tiny trace of a smile returned to the boy's lips as he gazed up at the dappled light shining playfully through the leaves of the tree.
With pale soft fingers Alexsei gently touched Scott's cheek and was rewarded with a smile as Scott's hazel eyes met his lovingly.
"I'm so glad I got to share this with you.", Scott added warmly before allowing a small laugh to escape his lips as he pecked Alexsei mischievously on the nose
"Thank you...I don't know what for, but thank you.", Scott finished as Alexsei slackened his grip around his boyfriend's waist.

The Russian felt love for Scott tear painfully at his heart, he couldn’t even express how much he appreciated those words. So instead of saying anything he replied with a gentle yet icy cold kiss to his boyfriend's warm lips. "Your a strange kid Scott...I love you so much that it physically hurts me”, he whispered deeply, his pale lips closing in dangerously near to Scott's ear as he slyly bent down to steal a deep kiss from his boyfriend's neck.
Once Alexsei had gotten a small taste of Scott's skin he allowed a mysterious satisfied smirk to taint his lips as he slowly pulled away in an aloof fashion before beginning to walk down the pathway.
“Lets go, It's going to be a long flight to Indigo City”, he added over his shoulder as he led Scott out of the garden and towards a neatly trimmed grassy field.

Alexsei examined the field for a moment before pulling his backpack tightly over his shoulder as he reached for Sora's pokeball.
With that distinctive pokeball click he released the massive bird out into the open.
With an excited cry Sora wasted no time to take to the air as she stretched her enormous auburn wings out into open the sky.
She swept skilfully through the clouds, flying higher and higher before suddenly shooting down in a deadly dive towards Scott and Alexsei.
Alexsei shook his head in amusement as Sora pulled up at the last minute, landing gracefully before her master.
“You put on quite the show don't you?”, he praised simply as he ran a hand appreciatively across the bird's feathered neck. His cold eyes softened slightly as Sora nuzzled him appreciatively with her beak, cooing her affection before turning to nudge Scott playfully.
Alexsei gazed at Scott with interest before beginning to inspect Sora's wings and feet before flight.
The Russian helped her stretch out her wings expertly and once he was completely satisfied with her flying state he turned to face Scott once more.
“Did Derrick tell you?... Sora was the one who saved us back there in the forest.”
Alexsei's tone held clear pride to it as gestured for Sora to bend her neck.
She obeyed obediently and the Russian vaulted onto her shoulders with grace before reaching out a hand to Scott, “Are you ready to go?...you're close to achieving your goal, I hope you can handle it”
Alexsei's gaze held an intensity to it that belonged only to Scott.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:33 pm

"You're a strange kid Scott... I love you so much that it physically hurts me.” Alexsei whispered, and Scott just grinned shyly in response. "Sorry." He muttered, chuckling. He felt Alexsei's lips at his neck, and blushed deeply as he turned his head away, secretly enjoying the forbidden sensation of his boyfriend kissing the skin on his neck. He was just starting to slip into a state of blissful relaxation, when suddenly, Alexsei vanished from behind him. Scott grunted in surprise when he tried to lean back against his boyfriend, and ended up nearly overbalancing. He caught himself against the tree, and shot a glare after Alexsei's retreating figure as he saw him walking down the path.
“Lets go, It's going to be a long flight to Indigo City.” He called back, and Scott grumbled mutinously to himself as he brushed imaginary dust from his clothes, then followed grudgingly after Alexsei. The jerk... He had been enjoying that.

He followed Alexsei to an open field, but still hung back sulkily while Alexsei released Sora. He unfolded his arms unconsciously as he watched the majestic Pigeot soar by overhead, and after a moment his expression had softened, and he was smiling again. He would make sure that Alexsei finished his little 'moment' later - for now, he supposed, his boyfriend had shown him enough affection for one day. And besides, they did need to get going to Indigo City...
When Sora landed, Scott approached, and looked to the bird with awe when Alexsei said, “Did Derrick tell you?... Sora was the one who saved us back there in the forest.”
"Mmm." Scott mumbled, smiling gratefully as he scratched the Pigeot's feathery chin, "Thanks, Sora."
He turned to watch his boyfriend mount the Pokemon, then took the hand that Alexsei offered. He was just starting to feel nervous when, as though on cue, Alexsei said, “Are you ready to go? ...You're close to achieving your goal, I hope you can handle it.”
He swallowed and licked his lips nervously, then muttered under his breath, "Ready as I'll ever be..."
Actually, he was more ready to be sick and run away all the way back home, but Alexsei didn't need to know that...
Taking a deep breath, he tightened his grasp on Alexsei's hand, and used it to pull himself onto Sora's back. He slipped his arms automatically around his boyfriend's waist, and rested his chin on his shoulder, sighing softly.
He was scared, that was the truth... When it came down to it, he knew that he wasn't ready... More than that, he knew that he wasn't capable. This was the Pokemon league... The league was, as Alexsei had once told him, for the 'big boys' only. And frankly, Scott didn't feel quite so big...

Soon enough, the pair had taken flight, and with a few flaps of Sora's mighty wings, they were on their way. Scott slept for large chunks of the flight, nestled safely behind Alexsei, because his strength was still not quite what it was, and he couldn't quite shake the exhaustion that still haunted him. Even when he was awake, though, he was uncharacteristically quiet. In the presence of his nerves, he seemed to withdraw into himself... And for the first time in their relationship, Scott was the one pulling away...
And the funniest thing was, he was barely even aware that he was doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next