Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inkerz / Polo Awesome SHORT Skyrim RP

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Inkerz / Polo Awesome SHORT Skyrim RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Inkerz / Polo Awesome SHORT Skyrim RP

Post  Imperial Ink Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:04 am

"I'll help.", Lex suddenly offered, his shoulders shrugging casually."I think you'll find I can be quite convincing, if I put my mind to it”., he stated with an encouraging smile before continuing, ”Besides, I saw how those Kahjiit behaved. I can vouch for you."
November considered this for moment carefully. Lex wasn't supposed to be inside the guild at all, how would the elder react this.
Then again, If it's just me talking it'll be a decided no...That being the case it might be better to have someone on my side...besides I don't really want to face the old crackpot alone
November felt a hand pat his head, and turned to looked back at Lex, “Err...”
"Go on, then, Show me where to go.", Lex added with a teasing expression. The guy clearly wasn't taking 'no' as an answer. November gulped nervously before opening the door, “Okay...we can do this, just need to convince the elder”, he murmured anxiously as he began to lead Lex down the seemingly endless candle-lit corridors, heading down staircase after staircase, until finally they were walking through the underground archive area's of the guild.
November hated this part of the guild, it was always cold and gray. The scent of moldy ingredients hung heavily in the air as they finally came to a stop before an elven silver trimmed door.
November felt dread raise the hair on his neck as he glanced at Lex, looking for reassurance, “Well...lets go inside then” , he stammered unhappily as he knocked on the door politely before cautiously pulling it open.
The room inside was massive, filled with intricately engraved silver cabinets and glass finishing.
A single man occupied the room, neatly seated in his heavy wooden desk with an ancient chain cover book opened before him as he scribbled down notes in some ancient druid language.
November gazed uncertainly at the elder for a moment, the gnarled figure didn't seem to register their presence . The young mage allowed his stronger self take over and boldly he approached the elder with a polite, but serious look on his face. “Elder Draksmith?... ”
The elder stopped his writing abruptly, not looking up to meet his guest’s gaze, “Get out” he stated simply, his tone rude and curt as he continued his writing.
November didn't obey, instead he adjusted his glasses and proceeded to talk in a stern, but polite tone, “Elder, I need to leave the guild in order to follow out the kings request...”, he added with stress flickering through his gaze.
The Elder paused his writing once again, this time slapping closed the heavy book he had been writing in, “You have some nerve to face me after the mess you made with the Kahjiits”, he growled sternly before run a warty hand through beard. “Get out my office...your request is denied”
November felt his courage falter, but he tried to put up a good front, “With all do respect Elder, I will go on this mission under oath of the king...you have no choice but to remove the seal on me”, November added with cool intelligence as he stepped a little closer to Lex, clearly needing the support of company.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Inkerz / Polo Awesome SHORT Skyrim RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Inkerz / Polo Awesome SHORT Skyrim RP

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:31 am

Lex followed November as the young mage led him through the halls of the guild, and finally they came to a stop outside an ornate, silver trimmed door. He patted November reassuringly on the back, and then the pair entered the office of 'Elder Draksmith'.
At first, Lex was quite content to stand in the background and listen to the cruel exchange between the two. He would not intervene without consent...
November put up a good argument, but it seemed that the elder was having none of it, so when the mage shifted closer to him, Lex took that as permission to throw in his two cents' worth.
"Elder Draksmith," He greeted, stepping forward with a confident smile and holding out his hand, which the Elder considered with a look of utter distaste. "My name is Corbin Sullivan," Lex went on, undeterred, and lying through his teeth without so much as a shiver of discomfort, "I am an envoy for his majesty the king, I daresay you may have heard of me?" He raised his eyebrows expectantly, then pulled back his proffered hand and pointed to November.
"This mage is under royal orders to complete a quest for his majesty, and without the ingredients that the Kahjiit failed to provide, that quest cannot be completed."
He slammed his hands down on the desk, leaning down to force the Elder to meet his blazing gaze.
"With all due respect, sir..." He murmured, "I should think it most unwise to let his majesty down..."
He pulled back, dusting himself off in a dignified fashion, and cast November a cool gaze.
"As a representative of the King," He stated authoritatively, "I shall see to it that this mage completes his quest. Now please kindly remove his seal before you force me to contact my superior."
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:32 am

Elder Draksmith seemed to stew in his own loathing steam for a moment as Lex threatened him with his frighteningly convincing tall tale.
It took November a moment to remind himself that Lex was indeed lying and not actually an envoy of the king like he pretended to be. The young Mage was shocked and highly surprised when Lex had began to spin his story, but he decided had stilled himself from talking, he would go with it just this one time to fulfill his mission. He was after running out of options, it was either lie now, or face the king... empty handed later.

Elder Draksmith was clearly beyond angry, but said nothing out of what looked like hesitance.
The old man took a moment to breath before stroking his beard thoughtfully, his beady eyes running dangerously over November and then towards Lex, “How do I know that what you are telling me is the true young 'Envoy', surely you come bearing the seal of the king or at least some parchment of authority”
November didn't like the accusation in the elder's voice, but this time he stepped forward with some quick-witted intelligence in eyes, reaching slowly into his pocket and pulling out the note he had received earlier that day from the king.
“Will this satisfy you elder?”, he asked calmly and he offered out the lion crested note to the Elder.
The man snatched the fragment of paper from November's hand and inspected it with a monocle-bearing eye.
The elder grunted in annoyance before gesturing for Novmeber to approach him. Feeling very nervous the young mage did as he was told and padded uncertainly towards his superior.
“Hold out you hand boy”, The elder growled dangerously as he forcefully took hold of Novmember's wrist forcing the boy to stumble forward.
November felt fear pulse through him and instinctively he gazed at Lex in panic, as Elder Draksmith pulled out a small sharp dagger. The elder's grip was iron-clasped, there was no way he could pull away. He felt the cold dagger cut painfully across it's palm. November yelped out in pain and could feel fear-induced tears began to well behind his glasses as the elder allowed the blood to leak down the mage's wrist.
The elder seemed to be en enjoying this slightly and pulled away November's shirt sleeve as he pressed his wand down harshly against the mage's pale naked wrist. The magic in the wand seemed to activate November's seal and instantly a glowing symbol appeared on the boy's wrist beneath the running blood. The elder chanted a few ancient words and for a moment the seal shone brightly before loosing it's shine and fading away into a very subtle mark on the boy's arm.
November felt the elder's firm grip slacken as he released the shaken boy. “Now get out of my Office!...filthy pet of the king, your seal is temporarily blocked, but it'll return after eight months...Don't be late”
The young mage could feel his heart pounding him his ears and didn't hesitate this time to leave, he had lost all his courage.
Instinctively he darted towards Lex grabbing hold of his hand and pulling him out of the study and into the abandoned hallway.
The mage's fear stricken face met Lex's as he tried to find the words to speak.
“T-Thank you...we can go on our quest now thanks to you”, he smiled briefly the hesitated for a moment before continuing, “...We can leave now, right?”. It was very clear that November didn't want to spent another minute near the elder or the guild,not while he had some freedom.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:46 am

Lex watched the exchange between November and the Elder in a surprisingly relaxed fashion. He knew that he had this under control. Even if the Elder doubted him, he would be easy to convince if necessary. Lex had his methods. But luckily, as it were, November had some of his own, too.
Lex had to admit that he was slightly impressed by the young mage's ingenuity, and he found himself smirking slightly as he watched the Elder finally give in.
Oh yeah, take that you wrinkley, troll-ugly bastard. He thought smugly, obviously pleased.
He watched with interest as the process of the seal's removal began, and shot the frightened November a sympathetic glance when the Elder cut into his arm.
That seems a little harsh... He thought, and he was surprised to find himself frowning in displeasure at the idea of November being hurt. The poor thing was so pathetic about it, Lex couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

Luckily, the two were soon cast out of the office, and Lex patted November's back reassuringly as he stammered in a nervous fashion, “T-Thank you... We can go on our quest now thanks to you... We can leave now, right?”
"Sure." Lex replied, offering a calming smile, "But just relax, mate. Let me get my stuff first, and we can bind that up," He gestured toward November's cut arm, "Then I'll call Amarth, and we can get on our way."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm

"Sure...But just relax, mate. Let me get my stuff first, and we can bind that up,", Lex replied with a calming smile as he gestured towards November's cut hand before continuing to speak, “Then I'll call Amarth, and we can get on our way."
November nodded wearily, “That’s sounds logical enough” he added in a small voice he held his hand protectively to his chest before leading Lex back towards his own room.
The walk back seemed to drag on for what felt like an eternity, but eventually November reached the safety of his study, almost relishing in the comforting scent of his books and fresh ink.
“Thank goodness that’s over”, he sighed in clear relief as he padded towards his satchel. He didn't want to waste time and soon had all he needed safely stashed away.
“I hope I have enough supplies...what exactly do traveler’s carry when out on a journey?”, he asked with clear curiosity as he walked towards his staff that still lay neatly across his desk.
With an annoyed sigh he began to murmur the words to unlocking Gawks transformation, “Staff sleek, bird beak”. The small spell took effect instantly and it wasn't long before November's crow; Gawk, was back in action, whizzing cheekily over head and bumping over books and bottles spitefully.
The young mage rolled his eyes before slapping his hand to his forehead in disbelief, “Gawk what am I going to do with you...”
November turned his attention back towards Lex, "I hope Amarth doesn't give you this much trouble", he added with a small smile.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:17 am

Lex and November went back to the room, and Lex just relaxed on the bed and watched as November packed his things. At last the mage turned to him, and asked, “I hope I have enough supplies... What exactly do travelers carry when out on a journey?”
"I dunno." Lex shrugged, "Traveler stuff I guess. Clothes, potions, weapons, maps, medical supplies..." He trailed off, shrugging, and added, "I've got us covered for the most part."
He sat up then, and watched curiously as November transformed his staff back into a crow, which instantly started flapping around and wreaking havoc. Lex chuckled appreciatively to himself. Now that was one cool staff...
"I hope Amarth doesn't give you this much trouble." November joked, shooting Lex a smile, which he returned with a laugh.
"Nah," He answered, "Ammy's got my back. He's usually pretty good..." Lex chuckled to himself, then turned his attention to his satchel, and rummaged around until he found a roll of gauze.
"Come here," He said to November, standing up and gently taking his hand, "It won't do to have you bleeding on the first day of our journey. You'll need your strength.
Holding the mage's wrist with a firm grasp, Lex gently bandaged the wound on his arm. Once he was done, he took a moment to examine his work, then released November's hand when he was certain that he was content.
"Come on," He said, hitching his satchel over his shoulder, "Are you ready to get going?" He walked to the door, then paused to wait for November, "No last-minute forgotten items, or people you want to say goodbye to?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 am

November grinned in response before glaring at his bird with a humored expression painted upon his features, “I wish Gawk would listen like that.”
He turned his attention back to Lex, suddenly curious as he watched the older boy rummage through his Satchel. His friend's searching seemed to end soon enough and November blinked inquisitively as he caught sight of a roll of gauze perched between Lex's fingers.
"Come here", Lex added softly with a trusting smile as he gently took hold of November's wounded hand. ” It won't do to have you bleeding on the first day of our journey. You'll need your strength”
The young mage felt a lump rise in his throat as he nervously allowed Lex to bandage up his hand. He usually didn't like it when people touched or fiddle with his wounds, but for some reason he didn't object to Lex's action. If anything he felt mild disappointment surge through him when Lex had finished and gently released his hand.
November inspected the bandage thoughtfully, it was securely wrapped around his hand and held a clean neat look to it. He gazed up at Lex with clear admiration for his work, “Thank you...” he added shyly.

A few moments later November had pulled on a deep green traveling cloak. With a final look about his safe little study he pulled his satchel securely onto his shoulders before padding over anxiously towards were Lex was standing. He looked up at older boy with expectation and trust.
"Are you ready to get going?, Lex asked, raising the question that November both dreaded and longed to hear. “Y-yeah I ready”, he stammered nervously as he gazed up at Lex with determination as they approached the door.
"No last-minute forgotten items, or people you want to say goodbye to?", Lex added as November met him with a silvery gaze before shaking his head slowly, “No, there’s nothing...”
November felt a small rather excited smile pull onto his pale features as he looked up at Lex, “This is going to be rather exciting isn't it?”
The young mage exited his room, locking the door behind him as he and Lex made there way out of the guild and into Falador town.
Once outside November pulled out his journal to check out where their first destination would be.
He traced his finger over the words 'Crimson Nirnroot' before looking up at Lex with wonder-filled expression, “Blackreach?...what kind out place is that Lex?”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:11 am

Once November was ready to leave, the pair headed outside into the streets of Falador, and November pored over his journal while Lex put his fingers to his mouth, and blew out a high-pitched whistle to call his horse.
He settled down to wait for Amarth then, and glanced back at November as the young mage spoke to him.
“Blackreach...?" He mumbled, gazing up at Lex with wonder, "What kind out place is that Lex?”
Lex's jaw tightened, and his expression darkened. "Blackreach..." He muttered, shaking his head, "We'll go there last. Maybe, by some miracle, we'll find some Crimson Ninroot for sale somewhere..." He sighed heavily. That was impossibly; Crimson Ninroot was the rarest ingredient in existence.
"It's a dangerous place." He admitted, "The sort I'd rather avoid if I could, but it is beautiful." Lex fell silent a moment, and then the sound of galloping hoofbeats distracted him from his thoughts.
"Here's Amarth." he said, stepping forward to meet his horse, "Do you ride, November? It'll be too slow to walk, and although Amarth could carry both of us, it doesn't seem particularly logical."
The sound of clattering hooves marked Amarth's arrival, and Lex greeted his horse fondly in Elven before starting to tack him up.
"We should buy you a horse here in town." He suggested, grunting as he tightened Amarth's girth.
Sure. 'Buy' one...

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:01 pm

"It's a dangerous place, The sort I'd rather avoid if I could...but it is beautiful.", Lex admitted as November furrowed his eyebrows with concern.
Any place that Lex thought was dangerous certainly had to live up to it's reputation and the young mage couldn’t shake the nerves from his tensed body as he mulled over a long list of possible ways he could and most likely would die.
Thankfully before November could freak himself out any further the sound of approaching hoof beats seemed to catch his attention.
"Here's Amarth.", Lex pointed out cheerfully as he stepped forward to meet the graceful black stallion.
Lex exchanged a few words in Elvish with Amarth before suddenly speaking to November again.
"Do you ride, November? It'll be too slow to walk, and although Amarth could carry both of us, it doesn't seem particularly logical."
November perched a hand beneath his chin thoughtfully as he considered Lex's words with interest. The man certainly had a point, it wouldn't be convenient and he could imagine it being slower to Amarth with all the extra weight.
He smiled reassuringly before he responded, “I can ride, haven't done in in awhile, but I can ride”
The mage adjusted his glasses intelligently before faltering slightly as a sudden realization came to mind, “Err...I don't own a horse though”, he added in a slightly sheepish voice before gazing up at Lex almost expecting the man to have an answer.
"We should buy you a horse here in town.", Lex suggested as though on cue before he began tacking up Amarth.
November gave a satisfied nod at those words and flipped open his journal. He took a moment to flick through the pages, but eventually came to a small map of Falador town.
The mage ran a long finger along the map with searching expression before locating the local stables.
“We can get a horse from this place, I hear there not too expensive...at least I hope not on any case”, he added uncertainly as he showed Lex the marker on his map.
“If it's too much trouble I guess I could always try and turn Gawk into a horse...”, November offered simply before his calm expression melted into one of utter horror.
“On second thought that might not be such a good idea...Onwards to the stables then?”, he asked with a nervous smile.

A little while later November and Lex arrived at a farmyard on the outskirts of Falador.
A fancy wooden sign board reading 'Fredrick's stables' hung outside an elongated barn and from the barn's interior November could hear the odd squeal and snort coming from the horses and ponies that dwelled safely inside.
From what the young mage could see, the stables were currently closed and he felt slightly disappointed as chances of him getting a horse were becoming more and more slim.
He turned curiously to Lex, “What should we do now? It looks closed”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Once they had decided to buy a horse, November began poring over a map of Falador, and finally pointed to a symbol of a horseshoe on the outskirts of the town. “We can get a horse from this place, I hear they're not too expensive... At least I hope not in any case.” the young Mage said, and Lex just shrugged in response. "I'm sure it won't be a problem." He replied, smiling confidently.
“If it's too much trouble I guess I could always try and turn Gawk into a horse...” November offered, and just as Lex began to smirk in amusement, November's face morphed into a horrified expression, and he quickly added, “On second thought that might not be such a good idea... Onwards to the stables then?”
Chuckling to himself, Lex nodded in agreement, and the two departed for the stables.

When they arrived, it was to find the stables closed, but while November examined the front entrance, Lex was already looking for another way in. By the time November turned to him to ask what to do, only Amarth was there to reply, and the Elven horse did not bother to dignify November's question with a response. He merely snorted, and swung his quarters to face the mage, swishing his tail threateningly.

Meanwhile, Lex was inside, creeping quietly around the stables and glancing over the horses. Since he was used to the fine Elven quality of Amarth, he found it difficult trying to select an animal that might keep up with his stallion, but luckily the decision was made for him.
As Lex reached the stall of a stocky, shaggy palomino horse, he heard voices coming from outside the stables, and a door began opening to let in a shaft of light.
The palomino gelding was already tacked up, so the moment Lex heard the voices, he pulled open the stall door and scrambled onto the horse's back, jamming his heels into its sides.
The rotund creature grunted in surprise, and clattered out of the stables on short legs with a little buck and a swish of its tail. Lex found the back entrance he had come in from, and urged his new mount outside just as angry shouting voices reached him from the door.
Kicking the gelding on, Lex came skidding around the corner in an unbalanced canter, and called to November, "Jump on Amarth and go! Don't steer, he'll show you the way!"
He clucked to the stocky palomino, and the fat thing barreled on with an eager little grunt of joy on every other stride, its great, floppy ears strained forward, and its shaggy mane flapping in Lex's face.
As they passed, Lex called some directions to Amarth in Elvish, then galloped on, not bothering to wait.
Amarth would see November to safety; he knew that. But whether he could get away on the short-striding palomino was a different question entirely.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:05 am

November blinked stupidly for a moment at Amarth, who appeared to be his remaining only audience.
“Err Lex?...Where did you go?”, he asked himself uncertainly before turning to look at Amarth.
The Stallion seemed to snort indifferently in response before turning around to face November with a more 'rear' ended response that threatened to kick.
With a nervous stumble the young mage moved cautiously out of Amarth's leg range before turning his head this way and that as he rather searched for Lex.
With tensed hands November clutched his face stressfully as he finally caught sight of the vague shadow of Lex's form slinking around the the stable area.
“Lex?...LEX! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”, he exclaimed in a loud whisper as he ran forward clumsily, almost tripping over his travelling cloak.
Much to November's dismay Lex didn't pay him any attention and with surprising stealth the white-hair man had slid into the stable building, disappearing from sight.
“Oh this isn't good, What if he gets caught!!”, November wailed as he began to pace, “We'll get arrested, I just know we will....I'll end up going to jail then die from the filthy germs...Oh they'd all be bred through bad sanitation!!”. November went ghostly pale as his illogical thoughts went on rummaging through his panicking brain.
A sudden sharp accusatory shout echoed his way and November stopped hesitantly in his tracks, he turned his head cautiously towards the stables. He had clearly woken up the stable owners with all his noise.
“Opps...”, he murmured as few people emerged from the building, darting his way and then towards the stables.
Thankfully before Novmeber could get himself to run around in a nearly headless state, a sharp neigh emanated from the stables followed by a series of angry shouts.
With a sharp kick, the door of the stables flung open to reveal Lex riding upon a stocky palomino pony.
November stared after Lex in confusion as the odd pony-rider pair came galloping passed him.
"Jump on Amarth and go! Don't steer, he'll show you the way!", Lex called over his shoulder as he bolted passed.
Novmber faltered for a moment as he caught sight of a small group of angry people on horse back bolt his way.
Amarth seemed to take lead and roughly knocked November back to his senses with his muzzle.
“Right...”, he added a deep breath as he scrambled clumsily onto the stallion's back like Lex had instructed.
The mage felt a little courage return to him as adrenaline begin to trickle through his tensed up body. With a good kick he sent Amarth Chasing after Lex.

As they ploughed through fields and farmlands, November finally caught up with Lex and the pony.
The Mage glared at the man accusingly before gazing over his shoulder to still see a few straggling pursuers still after them.
“You better make sure that we don't get caught!!”, he shouted at Lex before catching sight of Gawk flying mischievously over head.
The crow seemed to dip down to the pursuing rider's horses, nipping at the horses ears and muzzles peevishly. The odd gesture seemed to spook the horses enough to throw them into a rearing bucking mess and November felt mild relief pulse through him as he and Lex managed to make some ground on their chasers.
It took a while, but eventually they had gotten away unscathed.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:23 am

Within the next few seconds, Amarth's elegant, long-striding gait had brought him effortlessly up beside Lex's palomino, despite his rather extensive head start. While the pony scrabbled along at a flat-out gallop, legs flashing out like pistons, Amarth just cantered smoothly at its side, looking thoroughly unconcerned.
“You better make sure that we don't get caught!!” November shouted accusingly at him, and Lex just threw back his head and laughed in response, apparently enjoying the whole situation just a little too much.
"Oh, relax!" He shouted over the sound of the wind in his ears, shooting November a grin, "We'll get away!"
When he heard a commotion behind him, Lex glanced back over his shoulder to see Gawk tormenting the horses giving chase, and he uttered an appreciative laugh. "Nice one, Gawk." He grinned to himself, urging his mount on with an untidy flap of his reins.

Thanks to Gawk's help, they eventually lost their pursuers, but by the time they pulled up safely in a forest area far from town, the poor palomino pony was wrecked. Lex quickly dismounted, and the animal groaned and lowered its head, its sweat-dripping sides heaving as it gasped for breath.
"Poor sod." Lex chuckled, patting the pony's sweaty neck, "Not so fit, are you buddy?"
He set to work untacking the pony, and after he had stripped off its tack, the well-trained animal was quite content just to stand beside Amarth, showing no intention of leaving.
"We should stay here for the night." Lex suggested, turning to November, "We can't go any further until your friend here recovers, anyway." He jerked a thumb in the direction of the palomino, and offered a friendly smile. It was amazing how utterly unaffected he seemed by the whole ordeal - it was almost as though he did it every day...

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:56 am

Amarth finally came to a halt beside Lex in a forest clearing.
The whole riding event had been a little rough on November, but he seemed to have gotten the hang of it quicker than what he thought he would. He had learned to ride years ago as a child, but after joining the guild there hadn't been any requirement for him really go outside and adventure.
With an agile leap November dismounted his steed, giving Amarth a quick word of thanks before making his way towards Lex.
The white-haired man seemed strangely elated considering that they had just stolen a horse and November sighed in annoyance before putting his hands on his hips, ready to spout a long speech about laws and consequences.
However before he could do so his eyes focused on the heaving pony before his eyes.
The stocky creature seemed completely wipe out from the hard gallop and Lex had began to skillfully untack it. "Poor sod. Not so fit, are you buddy?", Lex chuckled as he patted the poor beast's sweaty neck.
"We should stay here for the night, We can't go any further until your friend here recovers, anyway.", Lex suggested with a friendly smile leaving November to mulled over the not so tempting idea of sleeping in a dark strange forest.
With a small uncertain nod November agreed to that suggestion, it was the most logical solution that provided the least risk. “Okay then...but so you know I'm still angry with you! You stole a pony on my account”, he grumbled in annoyance as he began to absent absentmindedly pick up random sticks and bits of wood lying around the clearing. He didn't want to show his delight in having a steed of his own, mostly due to the fact that Lex had broken the law to obtain it, but he was still secretly pleased.
“I'll get the fire started so long”, November offered with less confidence that what he was going for. He was keen to get a fire started mostly because he hated the dark and he was beginning to jump at every unknown and known sound that came to his ears.
Once he had enough wood collected, he arranged the wood into a neat pile before placing a few small rocks in a neat circle around the pile. With a his journal in hand he re-read over the basics of fire making intelligently. He had never really build a fire before, but from what he was reading he had it relatively correct. “That looks right...I think?”
With small flick of his wand November conjured up a massive burst of flames that made him squeak shrilly with fright as he scorched the small arrangement of logs. At least it was burning, He just wanted to out of the dark.
The young mage turned to Lex before adding thoughtfully, “Eer...That went well right? What else do we need?”, he asked as wiped away a bit of black soot from his glasses.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:37 am

“Okay then..." Novemeber agreed, "But so you know, I'm still angry with you! You stole a pony on my account.”
"Please." Lex shot back, waving November off with an airy flick of his hand, "You've got a horse now, right? You should thank me." Clearly not afraid of himself, he flashed a smile, and then started unpacking his bag. ((The magical bag that fits everything in it. XD ))
He produced a roll of canvas and some ropes, and set to work setting up a makeshift tent while November worked on making a fire. They finished around the same time, and Lex cast an approving glance over November's fire as he said, “Eer...That went well right? What else do we need?”
"Looks good." Lex agreed, "I reckon we'll need some food next. I'll see if I can catch something; you wait here."
He turned and walked over to Amarth, then asked his horse something in Elvish. Amarth raised his elegant head to sniff the air, then swung his muzzle around and pointed his ears toward a nearby bush, snorting softly. Lex patted the stallion, then crept slowly up to the bush.
As he reached it, a rabbit darted out, but Lex managed to throw a dagger at it just in time to stab the poor creature to the ground. He walked up to it and picked it up, then took it back to their 'camp' to skin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:42 am

"Looks good." Lex agreed with a handsome smile, leaving November to blush slightly in response.
[i]"I reckon we'll need some food next. I'll see if I can catch something; you wait here.”
, Lex added over his shoulder he made his way towards Amarth.
“Will Do ”, November responded obediantly as he ajusted his glassed. A small yawn escaped his lips and with that the mage perched himself casually on a fallen tree stump as he watched Lex converse with Amarth in Elvish.
He was surprised to see Amarth turn his great head towards a bush, which Lex then slowly approached.
A rustle in the bush made November rather nervous and he shut his eyes in revulsion he heard Lex sent his dagger into a Rabbit that as darted out from beneath the bush.
November didn't deal well with blood, he wasn't entirely sure why, but had a feeling that somewhere far back in the recesses of his mind lay the answer.

A few moments later Lex returned with his prize and November had to stop himself from nearly gaging as his eyes caught sight of the bloody wound that lay in the dead rabbit.
“Are we really going to eat it like that?”, he asked nervously as a rabbit flea bounced off the carcass and landed in his lap.
November squealed in response as he tried to swat the bug away, his gawky legs catching in his cloak as he tripped unceremoniously over the the fallen tree had been sitting on.
With a deep blush, the boy sat up quickly. His fair blond hair littered with tiny bits of leaves and ground cover.
Gawk gave an approving caw before flying over to November to and landing happily on the mage's head. The crow picked out the sticks and leaves skillfully before biting November hard on the ear.
“Gawk!”, He shouted as he got up to chase away the pesky bird.
With a tired sigh November flopped back down onto the tree stump as he faced Lex, “So...we need to head towards the giant camp first, I think?”, he murmured as he tried to pull his attention away from the rabbit.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:27 am

Lex couldn't help but laugh when poor November tripped over the log, falling face-first into the dirt. Ordinarily he might have helped November up, but since he knew the mage couldn't be too hurt, Lex was quite content just to laugh at his expense instead.
"Of course we're not going to eat it like this." He answered with a chuckle, grinning in amusement when November sat up again and started battling with Gawk.
Shaking his head with a humourous smile, Lex sat down and began casually skinning the rabbit, humming absentmindedly to himself. He had clearly done this plenty of times before.
“So...we need to head towards the giant camp first, I think?” November asked, and Lex glanced up at him, still expertly cutting away the rabbit's skin as he spoke.
"Hmm." He agreed, "That sounds like a good place to start, although I have to warn you, it's not going to be easy getting out of there alive." He finished cutting away the rabbit's skin, then found a sharp stick to stab through the bloody mess that was left over. He quickly built a spit over the fire, and balanced the rabbit-on-a-stick over it to cook.
Then he turned back to November, wiping his bloody hands on a rag that he pulled out of his bag, and continued talking.
"Giants are a nasty business." He went on cheerfully, "Usually takes a group to take one down, but I have my methods." He winked, "Of course, if we get in a tussle with more than one, we'll end up like our friend over there." He jabbed a thumb in the direction of the rabbit, then gave Novmeber a reassuring slap on the shoulder, and flopped down on a nearby tree stump to watch the fire.
After a few minutes, he grew bored, and took a small lute out of his bag. ((Magical bag of everything. XD )) He began strumming quietly at it, playing a relaxing tune which made Amarth prick his ears and amble over. The Elven stallion was always moved by the sound of the lute, which was one of the main reasons Lex played it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:55 am

"Hmm...That sounds like a good place to start, although I have to warn you, it's not going to be easy getting out of there alive.", Lex agreed leaving November to stare nauseatingly at the dripping rabbit Carcass Lex skillfully skinned.
The young mage didn't do well with gore, not even when it came too food and it was with much resistance that he managed to hold back a gag as Lex finished up the job, before sticking the rabbit on a split and leaving it to cook over the fire.
“Well...How bad could it be?”, November asked anxiously as he tossed another log into the lapping fire.
With a far too cheerful grin Lex wiped the blood from his hands and replied, "Giants are a nasty business, Usually takes a group to take one down, but I have my methods." , he added with a reassuring wink which left a subtle smile on November's pale lips.
The young mage had grown rather fond of Lex, the guy just had this way of making a mountain seem like a mole-hill...wait that was the correct expression wasn't it?
November shook in head in mild confusion before catching sound of Lex's voice speaking once again.
The man jabbed a thumb towards the roasting rabbit carcass and November watched with worry as he spoke, "Of course, if we get in a tussle with more than one, we'll end up like our friend over there."
November's smile was instantly wiped off his face as dread buried itself deeply into his chest. ”You don't say ey?...”, he murmured suddenly going green as Lex gave him a reassuring pat on the back before padding over to a nearby tree stump and seating himself down to watch the fire.
November gaze at Lex with hesitance, he didn't want to make his staring too obvious, but he was becoming increasingly more curious about his companion and what lay beneath all Lex's smiles and casual expressions. He just felt as though there were more to the man than what he could see with his own eyes. Perhaps something deeper.
The young mage allowed his silver gaze to follow the playful flames that bit and spat at the logs. His
In the background, a soothing melody played and November stared into the flames with a deepened gaze before blinking simply in comprehension and looking up to see Lex's handsome form in the fire-light.
His fingers moving gently across the strings of a wooden lute.
A peaceful smile played upon November's lips as he took in the oddly familiar tune Lex played.
When the song came to an end November spoke with a deeply appreciative tone, “That's really beautiful, who taught you to play?”, he inquired curiously before meeting Lex with a thoughtful gaze “It's been a while since I've heard music like that...you see we aren't allowed to play instruments in the guild, it's distracting to the elders”. November's expression seemed to go a little sullen, “Such a pity really.”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:59 am

“That's really beautiful, who taught you to play?” November asked, causing Lex to look up from his lute and flash him a gracious smile, “It's been a while since I've heard music like that... You see we aren't allowed to play instruments in the guild, it's distracting to the elders. Such a pity really.”
"Ugh." Lex rolled his eyes, "Soulless old farts. What's a world without music, huh?" He smiled cheerfully, and handed the lute to November, causing Amarth to snort and shake his head in irritation. "D'you play?" He asked eagerly, "I learned when I was a kid. My old man taught me. It was mostly to bring in some money, but," Lex shrugged, "I enjoy it. And Ammy likes it." He cast his horse a smile, and Amarth just flicked his ears back in obvious disinterest, then turned around and swished his tail at Lex as he ambled back over to November's pony.
"Show me what you know," Lex encouraged, gesturing toward the lute, "No grumpy elders to hold you back now."
He smiled warmly, and in fact, there was some sincerity in his gaze. Even though, truth be told, his intention had never been to 'rescue' November, he was truly glad that he had freed the young mage from the controlling reign of those elders. Sure, Lex had only met the one bloke, but he sure as hell hadn't liked that 'Draksmith' fellow. He had met Orcs friendlier than that monstrosity. Poor November deserved better. At least, he deserved to enjoy some freedom, albeit for a short while.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:49 pm

"Soulless old farts. What's a world without music, huh?", Lex added with a cheerful smile and November gave a small chuckle in response, “I'll tell you now, it's a pretty bland place”.
The Mage was beginning to relax properly for the first time in months and it was strange because the moment he wasn't feeling nervous or stressed his entire appearance seemed to alter. His stress etched features melted away to reveal a handsome and more mature version of himself.
He grinned happily at Lex before tilting his head in question as his companion handed the lute his way.
"D'you play?", Lex asked eagerly before continuing, "I learned when I was a kid. My old man taught me. It was mostly to bring in some money, but... I enjoy it. And Ammy likes it.".
November nodded in understanding, he could almost picture Lex as a child trying to learn the lute . He blushed slightly at the fond thought before blinking stupidly and replying in a slightly shy voice, “I can play a little, but not very well”, he added hesitantly as he took the hold of the instrument with a thoughtful gaze.
"Show me what you know, No grumpy elders to hold you back now.", Lex encouraged, leaving November to nod pleasantly in response.
With long pale fingers the mage began to pluck at the stings slowly trying to remember a few tunes he learned years ago. Much to his dismay his memory seemed faulty and the notes just seemed to bounce around un-cooperatively in tuneless song.
A slightly despondent expression lingered on his face and after a while he stopped playing altogether. “Wow...it really has been a long time”. His tone was comprehending and perhaps even a little sad, but he smiled gratefully at Lex before carefully handing the instrument back to him.
November didn't want to show how hurt he was by his lack of skill with the lute, he had lost his technique thanks to a lack of practice, it was just another thing he'd been forced to give up for the guild and his king.
“Sorry that was awful”, he added with grin before turning his gaze intelligently towards gawk; who had politely perched himself between them.
I wonder if I can still play violin...maybe I should try
“Think you can give me another chance...you know, to test out my instrumental skills.”, November inquired anxiously as he gazed apologetically at Lex.
“Only if your ears can handle it of course, I don't want to kill my guide with bad music”, he added quickly.

A moment later November had retrieved his wand from his pocket and with a quick look towards Gawk he shot a transfiguration spell at the unsuspecting bird.
With a surprised squawk and a sudden burst of black feathers a finely carved Violin lay in Gawk's place.
November seemed anxious to pick it up at first, but once he did he felt muscle memory help him to position the instrument against his neck.
Once he was comfortable he gave a small nervous nod, picking up the violin's horse-hair bow before slowely sending it smoothly across the instrument's strings.
A low melody emanated from the instrument and November felt his face light up cheerfully.
Yes, I remember you old friend
It started out a little rough and crude, but as November build up more confidence his music became more and more complex until finally his finger's danced expertly across the strings and around his bow.
He felt very alive as he played and it was as though the instrument had taken on all the feeling in heart and had sent them pouring out in tune.

When the song finally came to an end November gazed at Lex for a moment before faltering clumsily as he realized how embarrassingly passionate he had been about playing the violin.
He's cheeks went blood red with shyness and his heart beat quickened, “Err...Sorry about that, I got a little carried away there”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Lex watched with a subtle smile as November tried to figure his way around the lute. It was obvious that the poor boy had forgotten his skills. “Sorry that was awful.” November apologized, handing Lex back his lute. He just shook his head, and was delighted to lie in response, "It wasn't so bad."
“Think you can give me another chance...you know, to test out my instrumental skills.” November asked, “Only if your ears can handle it of course, I don't want to kill my guide with bad music.” Lex laughed, and grinned at November, pleased to see the young mage showing a sense of humour. In fact, the more he got to know him, the more Lex found himself warming up to this strange young man. It would be a pity to see him go.
"Go right ahead." He answered November at last, flapping his hand in an encouraging fashion.
At his go-ahead, November took out a wand, and after flicking it at the unfortunate Gawk, an ornate little violin suddenly lay in his lap.
"I love how you can do that." Lex praised, chuckling approvingly. Then he sat back to watch as November played his violin. To be honest, he did not have high hopes... But November smashed his expectations into oblivion.
When he picked up that violin, it was like he became a different man entirely. His face was alive with passion, and the music! - Lex had never heard anything quite like it before.
At last, November finished, and suddenly seemed to remember his shyness as he looked at Lex with a hot blush, “Err...Sorry about that, I got a little carried away there.”
"Damn, kid!" Lex laughed, shaking his head, "You're something else, you know that? I've never heard anybody play like that before." He smiled, the corners of his eyes crinkling warmly as he reached out a hand to November's flushed cheek.
"You should believe in yourself more, you know." He murmured, "Something tells me that you're just a little more incredible than you give yourself credit for."
Winking teasingly, Lex gave November's cheek a sharp pat, then stood up and looked around their little 'campsite'.
"Right then!" He said, dusting his hands absentmindedly, "Ammy will keep watch - good horse - so we should be able to get some sleep." He gestured toward the small canvas tent, "After you."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:58 pm

"Damn, kid!", Lex exclaimed loudly making November slightly jump in surprise.
The man laughed appreciatively before shaking his head, "You're something else, you know that? I've never heard anybody play like that before.".
November was just about ready to stammer out a whole long list of excuses and apologies when suddenly he felt Lex cup his cheek gently. The gesture silenced him altogether.
Slightly confused and rather unsure of what to do he just allowed himself to stared up at the handsome man from beneath his pale lashes.
"You should believe in yourself more, you know.”, Lex murmured thoughtfully before throwing a teasing wink at November, "Something tells me that you're just a little more incredible than you give yourself credit for."

November could barely believe the words he was hearing and felt his blush redden even more as he took in the sincerity in Lex's expression.
The mage had never hear anyone say something like that to him before. He felt a small sense of accomplishment flutter like a tiny bird inside his chest.
It was rare for November to really get joy out of completing tasks or accomplishing things these days. Everything he did, he was usually forced to do thanks to the king's requests.
However when Lex had praised him for his music, now that had truly made him happy. It felt kind of nice knowing that people appreciate you for all of your aspects and not just the side your forced to show.

“Huh?”, He blinked stupidly as Lex gave his beet-red cheek a sharp pat, breaking him from his thoughts and leaving the mage to follow Lex's silver flecked gaze to the canvas tent.
"Right then!....Ammy will keep watch - good horse - so we should be able to get some sleep.", Lex stated simply and November gave a sleepy yawn as if on cue ,“Good Idea, I like that plan”
"After you.", Lex added politely as he geastured towards the tent.
It had been a long day for November and he was more than ready to get a goon night's rest, even if it meant sleeping in a tent out in the wild. He gave a small shudder at that thought before eying his Gawkish Violin with interest. “Guess I better turn him back first...”, he added with an annoyed sigh as he chanted away the spell breaker words that transfigured Gawk back into his pesky crow form.
Once the Violin took on it's crow form, November was rewarded with a series of angry pecks and squacks.
“Ouch! Okay stop! I'm sorry! Ouch!”, November squeaked as he dove into the tent for cover, leaving Gawk to fly about the campsite angrily.
Once inside the tent November was pleased to find two sleeping bags neatly set out.
“I could live with this...Thanks Lex”, he murmured pleasantly before fiddling with his sleeping bag and crawling warmly inside the padded blanket.

The night faded away quickly as the two boy's shifted into sleep, safely tucked away in their furred sleeping bags.
When subtle inklings of light began to break through the dark sky signifying dawn, November awoke with a start as he heard the loud crunching sound of twigs snap outside the tent.
The Young mage hoped that it was just Amarth or his pony plodding around in the dark.
It's probably nothing...maybe I should check it out just to be safe though
The mage put his glasses in place as crept out of his sleeping bag silently, careful not to wake Lex as he made his way outside.
At first the forest looked safe enough, though much to November's interest the meat that had been over the burnt-out fire had mysteriously disappeared.
I'm sure we never got a chance to eat that...how strange
The mage padded around the campsite as he looked for Amarth and his pony. He didn't see them at all and wonder if they hadn't walked off into the forest somewhere.

He was about to head back to the tent, when suddenly the massive shadow of a Black bear appeared behind him.
A sharp piercing cry from Amarth in the background made him spin around to met the creature face to face.
His snarling snout filled November with deep fear as the mage staggered backwards with heavy legs, tripping over own feet.
His terror had silenced his words and tighten his throat, he called for help, but no sound came. All that came was the massive form of the hungry black bear as it loomed over him, it's saliva dripping from a ragged mouth.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 am

Lex was was in a deep sleep, dreaming peacefully, until a sudden warning whinny from Amarth woke him just before dawn. In a heartbeat he was on his feet, but as he turned to warn November to stay inside, he saw that the young mage was... Gone.
His heart skipped a beat, and in his groggy confusion, he rummaged through November's sleeping bag, searching for him, even though it was clear he was not there. Mind clearing, Lex snatched his sword from the corner of the tent and stumbled outside, still clumsy from tiredness. Then he saw the bear, and suddenly, he was awake.
The beast has raised a paw, poised to strike, and November was standing directly in front of it, frozen with fear.
Lips pulling into an angry snarl, Lex picked up a rock, and threw it at the bear.
"Hey!" He shouted, "Over here you filthy mutt!"
When the rock bounced off the bear's head, it swung around to look at him, raising itself higher on its hind legs, and uttered a deep roar.
"Yeah!" Lex called, egging it on, "Come on!" It huffed, looking back at November, and Lex snapped, "Oh, for f*ck's sake, November, RUN!"
He saw the bear begin to turn back to the mage, so Lex dashed forward, and just as the best was about to strike, he tackled his friend roughly to the ground, narrowly avoiding the deadly claws. "Go!" He hissed as he disentangled himself from the mage, managing to stand up just in time to dodge a second blow from the angry bear. Its claws just the top of his left arm, but Lex didn't even notice, because by this point he was circling the creature, sword at the ready.
He waited for the bear to strike, then ducked under its paw and darted forward, taking a swing at its throat. His blade bit through the thick fur, and the bear roared angrily as blood spurted from the gash. Its snapping teeth barely missed Lex's shoulder as he ducked, jabbing his sword at the bear's exposed belly. He angled the blade toward the creature's heart, and stabbed through its thick hide with all the strength in him. The blade sank in deep, and as it reached its mark, the bear uttered a bloodcurdling roar of sheer agony, then shuddered, and was still.
Its massive bulk grew heavy on Lex's sword, and before he could pull it out and retreat, the bear's body began to fall.
His legs buckled, and a moment later he found himself pinned to the ground by the corpse, badly winded, and still slightly shocked from this rude awakening.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:17 am

November shut his eyes tightly in fear, he was beyond scared and readied himself as the bear's poised claws threatened to tear into him.
The creature would have torn into him without hesitation, however before it could do so a sharp shout from Lex caught it's attention and November open his eyes to see his companion hurling a rock at the bear's head.
The beast roared angrily in response and November scrambled backwards suddenly coming out of his daze.
"Yeah! Come on!", Lex shouted as he egged the bear away from November and towards himself.
November's eyes widened in realization as he saw what Lex was doing. “Lex! Don't! It'll kill you”, he cried in terrorized panic making the beast turn back his way.
"Oh, for f*ck's sake”, Lex snarled, ” November, RUN!".
The mage didn't hesitate this time and quickly got his feet as he tried to escape the a violent sweep of claws near his back.
Lex seemed to jump into action as this point and tackled him out of the way, just in time as a second swing of razored claws came.
November had his heart in his throat and stared at Lex in utter shock as his companion shoved him forward.
”Go!", he hissed and November obeyed, crawling clumsily to his shaking legs and darting towards the forest leaving Lex to face the bear alone.
The Mage didn't look back as he sprinted blindly through the trees, fear induced tears trickling down his face as he realized how utterly pathetic he was behaving. He had Left Lex alone to fight a bear, what kind of friend was he?.
Panting heavily he halted his shaky foot steps before gazing back at the far way campsite hesitantly.
“I wish I could just run away...”, he murmured through a scared cough before swallowing hard and sprinting back towards the campsite.

When November returned, his sharp eyes fixed themselves on Lex, as the man launched himself skillfully at the bear with sword in hand. The white-haired man truly was a brave warrior and slashed at his opponent stealthily.
Helplessly November watched the two battle it out. He didn't have any warrior skills or instincts, but his desperation pressed him into action to help Lex. He managed to take a firm hold of his wand and as the bear reared onto it's hind legs for a final attack November shot a burst of light that bound the creature in place.
Lex took care of the rest as he sunk his blade with strength into the bear's chest. An agonizing roar echoed through the forest and the heavy bulky thing stagger painfully for a moment before going still and collapsing onto Lex.
The mage watched in slight horror as Lex lay pinned and gasping beneath the dead beast.
“Lex!”, he stammered worriedly as he darted to his friend's side .
November's lips quivered with anxiety as he tried to pushed the bear off of his friend's chest.
When the thing didn't budge November tried again and again to move it.
Eventually he felt tears of frustration leak from his eyes and angrily he gave he thing a surprisingly vicious kick.
“Why Do I have to be Goddamn Weak!”, he shouted angrily before pulling out his wand and pointing it threateningly at the bear.
With a sharp voice he chanted a forbidden incarnation that began to disintegrate the dead corpse.
The spell ate away at the bear's flesh, leaving only a mess of bloody tangled bones draping over Lex's body.
With surprisingly little disregard for the getting dirty November began to pull away the bones as he began to free Lex.
“Don't worry I'll get you out”

After a few minutes of digging he paused to catch his breath, as he did so he made the mistake of looking at his hands.
They were covered in sticky liquified flesh, blood and dirt. With a horrified expression, fear took hold of him and instinctively he bolted blindly into the forest.
As he ran, he could think of only one thing and that was that he needed to cleanse himself.
After a few minutes of running he found a small stream and wasted no time as he began to wash away the filth from his hands and clothes almost fiercely.
Why won't this stuff come off, I can feel it crawling on my skin, he thought through paranoia.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 am

Lex lay on the ground beneath the bear for a while, stunned, until at last November approached him. The young mage began trying to free him, pushing frustratedly at the bear's carcass, but Lex just lay there, struggling for breath. He appreciated November's efforts, but they weren't exactly getting him anywhere. Groaning, softly, he managed to pull in a breath, but just as he was about to tell his friend to leave it, November growled tearfully, “Why Do I have to be Goddamn Weak!”, and aimed an angry kick at the bear. Lex grunted when the motion jolted some of the air out of his lungs all over again, but he uttered a breathless laugh anyway. He couldn't help it. November just cracked him up.
"November, relax-" He began, but November already had his wand out, and he spoke over Lex as he said, “Don't worry, I'll get you out.” With that, he uttered an incantation which reduced the carcass to a gory, disintegrated mess, and Lex drew in a deep, shuddering breath as the weight on him melted away.
November began scrabbling through the flesh and bones, throwing them aside. Once he'd managed to caught his breath, Lex began shoving the remaining bones off himself. He was about to thank November when, suddenly, the young mage bolted.
"Hey!" Lex called, irritably shoving the last few bones off himself and sitting up, "Oi, where are you going?!" He stared after November, eyes wide with surprise, but it was no use. The mage was gone.
Frowning irritably, Lex cursed to himself, then whistled for Amarth. The stallion trotted over to him, and Lex used the stallion's mane to support himself as he heaved his winded body to its feet. He drew in a deep breath, finally filling his lungs, then vaulted onto Amarth's back and muttered a few words in Elvish.
The intelligent stallion flicked his ears in understanding, and picked up a smooth canter, muzzle held high to the wind as he sought out November's scent.
Eventually, Lex found the mage frantically scrubbing away at himself in a small stream. He halted Amarth and swung off the stallion's back, then stumbled over to November.
"Don't run off like that!" He scolded, frowning irritably as he crouched beside his friend, and began washing the blood from his own hands. Presently, he glanced down at himself.
Wow, I'm a mess...
November's spell had left him soaked in a revolting, glistening layer of bloody sludge, and even he had to fight the urge to gag when he saw it.
Grumbling to himself, he stripped off his shirt and tossed it aside, then waded into the stream, letting the water wash the blood from his skin.
Once he was considerably cleaner, he approached November, and with a weary sigh, he pushed the frantic mage into the water.
"There." He said once Novmber had resurfaced, taking a seat on a rock beside the river, "That better?" He offered a subtle smile, and added, "Thanks for helping me out there, although to be honest, I could have done without the mess." He grinned, and offered a clean hand to help November out of the water, "You okay?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

November proceeded to scrub harshly at the muck that caked his skin. His expression held determination and slight panic as he tried to removed the stuff as best he could.
When Lex's scolding voice boomed behind November the young mage jumped with fright and spun his head around to face his companion.
"Don't run off like that!", Lex added irritably as he dismounted Amarth and made his was over to the November, crouching neatly beside the boy.
The young mage blinked at Lex in thought before gazing apologetically at the river water, “S-Sorry...I'm not good with blood”, He stammered softly before allowing a subtle smile to taint his lips as some inner thought swept over him.
Lex came to look for me...I wonder why that makes me so happy

The revolting scent of blood hung heavily around the two boys and November felt woozy as he took in the sight of Lex's gory clothes.
Thankfully as Lex took in his reflection, he too looked a little put off with his attire of gooey bear innards and stripped off his shirt, chucking it to the side casually.
November stared at Lex uncomfortably for a moment as a deep blush pull over his nose and cheeks, “W-what are you doing!...you can't just strip down in public ”
The young mage turned his attention back to washing his face and hands as he tried not to look up at Lex's muscular torso.
In the background he could hear his companion swimming and wadding through the water.
After a few minutes of splashing, the water became silent and November turn his gaze up to see what was going on. When he didn't see Lex in front of him he was just about ready to panic.
Expectantly a firm hand pushed him from behind and loosing his balance November toppled over wide-eyed and unceremoniously into the water.

The young mage resurfaced a moment later glaring accusingly at Lex as he took off his dripping wet glasses and placed them sulkily on the river bank.
"There...That better?", Lex added with a smile as he seated himself on a nearby rock.
November readied himself for a reply and cupped a hand shyly over his eyes to block out Lex's nude chest from view. “Not entirely... granted I'm cleaner, but the original plan was not to get completely soaked”, He sulked simply before brushing his sticky fringe out of his silvery eyes.
Lex seemed to grin mischievously as he retorted,"Thanks for helping me out there, although to be honest, I could have done without the mess."
November felt himself sink into the water up to his ears as he thought embarrassingly over the mess he had made by using a disintegration spell.
Really it didn't take a genius to know that a simple levitation spell would have been more effective and cleaner. The mage gave a simple sigh at his stupidity, he really didn't any use common sense when stressed.
With an outstretched hand Lex loomed over November before asking curiously, "You okay?"
November smiled weakly as he gratefully took hold of his companion's hand and pulled himself out of the shallow water. “I think I'll survive”, he replied cheerfully as he inspected his soaked clothes with slight dismay. He had absolutely no intention of stripping down in a front of somebody while in a forest...No there was just no way that that was going to happen.
With a small cold shiver November sat down on the grass beside Lex.
He was still in quite a bit of shock over what had happened with the bear and couldn’t wipe away the goosebumps that had prickled over his pale skin.
He looked up at Lex intelligently for a moment, his vision was perfectly clear without his glasses and it felt weird to finally face up to a not so blurred world.
“That was a stupid thing to do back there, What sane person takes on a bear like that”, November stated factually as he stuck his nose up in the air like a snob.
His annoyed expression lingered on for few minutes before finally giving into a genuinely grateful and surprisingly cute smile, “I must admit that It does feel pretty good to still be alive...Lex? Thanks for everything”, he added softly before hesitantly reaching for his glasses and popping them back into place over his nose.
His blurred and ignorant world was safely back in place.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next