Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Time RP (Polo!)

2 posters

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down

In Time RP (Polo!)  - Page 27 Empty Re: In Time RP (Polo!)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:14 am

The next day, Griffin showed up at work as if nothing had happened. He greeted his coworkers brightly, laughing and chatting, and had the whole room in stitches cracking jokes at lunchtime. If he felt anything - anything at all - over his falling out with Toby, then he hid it damn well. In fact, for the most part, it was as though Toby had never existed in his life. And indeed, that was how it felt to Griffin. As quickly as his boyfriend had come to him, so Griffin had shut him out again. Out of sight, out of mind, or so they said. This time, it certainly seemed to be the case.
He left the office with a grin on his face, and held it right the way to the bar, where a number of Appletinis and some drunk flirting with a waitress added a rosy flush to his cheeks, too. He left the bar with the waitress on his arm, but when she asked him 'your place or mine', he lied politely that he'd meet her at her place, then deposited her in a cab, and gave the driver a few hours, telling him that he didn't give a rat's ass where he took her.

Then, free at last and blissfully tipsy, he climbed into his Mazda and headed home, narrowly avoiding driving over the bag of Toby's things still lying in the driveway. He cast the bag such a vindictive scowl it might as well have been full of dead puppies, then he yanked up the handbrake, and kicked the door of the Mazda open. With a briefcase full of nothing but pretzels and animal crackers in his hand, he soved his wallet and keys into his pocket, and stomped up the steps into his house, slamming the door behind him with another violent kick.
"Now this is the life." He told himself, smirking in a self satisfied fashion as he flopped down on the couch, kicking off his shoes and throwing his feet up on the table. Grunting faintly, he wrenched open the briefcase, and pulled out a bag of animal crackers, smiling brightly.
"It's just you and me now, old friends." He told the crackers, kissing the packet noisily, "No more sharing for Griffin, no sir. This is how it should be."
Nodding in satisfaction, he pulled open the packet, but just as he was about to eat the first cracker, his phone rang. Groaning to himself, he put down his biscuits, and took the buzzing thing out of his pocket, glaring at the number on the screen. He did not recognize it. Rolling his eyes, he heaved a sigh, then pressed green and held the phone to his ear.
"Hello?"
“Griff...” Toby's voice smacked him roughly in the ear, and Griffin was so shocked that the phone fell from his fingers, clattering to the floor. He had forced Toby's memory so far out of his mind already that hearing from him now was like seeing the dead come back to life. “Griffin," The phone repeated from the floor, and Griff suddenly scrabbled for it, bringing it back to his ear, "I'm... I-I'm sorry about last night. But I really need to talk to you. Please. It's urgent.” His heart thumped as Toby's voice rang in his ears, and his fingers trembled where they clutched the phone, slick with sweat. He looked as if he'd seen a ghost. “I'll be at your house in about ten minutes. Love you."
When he heard those final words, the pain he'd worked so hard to shut out returned in full measure, and he honestly felt as if Toby had just twisted a knife in his heart.
"You're coming here?!" He demanded incredulously, sounding angry enough to punch Toby in the face the second he saw him, "What part of 'don't come back' didn't you understand? God, I knew you were stupid, but I had no idea you were such a f*cking idiot." He snarled cruelly, "You can shove your apology up your ass. If you needed to talk to me, last night would have been a good time. Now you're dead to me." The ferocity in his own words shocked him, but he simply couldn't think past the raging fury that consumed him. A fury for him, and only him, cruelly misdirected at the last person in the world still willing to love him. "Go f*ck yourself." He spat, angry tears filling his eyes all of a sudden, "I never want to see you again."
Gritting his teeth to hold himself together, he jabbed the 'end call' button, then threw his phone across the room, where its protective rubber cover bounced neatly off the wall to leave it lying on the thick, fluffy carpet. Meanwhile, Griffin pulled his knees to his chest, and buried his soaking face in them as he howled in remorse, crying like a newborn baby. He cried and cried until he felt his heart was breaking, but no matter how he sobbed and wailed, the pain would not go away. He had sabotaged himself again, he knew it well, but the idea of trying to make it right was so terrifying, that even the mind altering pain ripping at his heart had to be kinder. He couldn't bring himself to take Toby back, only to risk ruining everything a second time, and losing him for good. It was easier not to love at all. He just wanted to forget it all, all over again...
Polo trapped in an inkpot
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27