Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Time RP (Polo!)

2 posters

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

In Time RP (Polo!)  - Page 15 Empty Re: In Time RP (Polo!)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:56 pm

"No you won't." Griff argued, painstakingly fixing his hair, even though it had just been a fluffy mess to begin with, "I'll set Grace on you."
"And if you ever mention this again, I'll deny it."
He raised his eyebrows. "For all you know, Superman, I could have the whole thing on tape." His lips formed a devilish smirk, "I didn't become a top detective by making doughnuts, you know."
Toby ignored him, bumping his shoulder as he passed.
"Come on, Gryfindor. Let's get you home."
Shrugging, he followed his friend and mounted the old bike behind him, shifting nervously on the worn leather seat.
"For the record, if you drive like a maniac, the whole Internet will know about your girl issues by the morning." He found his arms securely around the man's waist, "Just saying."

A short drive later, the pair arrived back at Griffin's house, and he dismounted from the bike, setting his feet gratefully back on the ground. With a heavy sigh, he looked at Toby, and a weary smile lifted his lips. His eyes were still shining. Since that one special moment in the lair, they hadn't once lost their light.
"Thanks for today." He murmured, fiddling with his keys uncertainly. All of a sudden, he found himself feeling all shy... He kicked at a loose stone, eyes trained on his feet.
"Really, I..." He looked up, "I appreciate it. It's a great feeling, knowing I have someone I can count on. I've needed that. Anyway..." He trailed off, blushing scarlet and rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably. "Goodnight."
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:40 pm

"Try it." Toby challenged, shrugging off Griffin's threat like a speck of dirt on his shoulder. "I dare you. But I'll publicise the recording of you admitting your love for me if you do."
Of course, there was no recording. But he had to admit, he enjoyed teasing his friend when he had something to threaten him with. Imaginary or not.

A few minutes later they arrived at Griffin's mansion of a home, found their way trough the awkward, electric pair of gates, until they finally reached the front door. Toby silenced the motor and dismounted to wave Griffin off.
"Thanks for today." Griffin murmured.
"No problem." Toby replied, shrugging off the thanks. It wasn't like he'd have just left his only friend to Time Out, the way he was snivelling and shaking, was he? But when he saw Griffin's forest-green eyes twinkling with life, flickering over his face like it were made of gold, his heart melted. No matter how much he tried to deny it, his friend was adorably cute to say the least.
He noticed then that Griffin was seemingly rather nervous for some reason. Unable to comprehend it, Toby frowned at him as he babbled on.
"Really, I... I appreciate it. It's a great feeling, knowing I have someone I can count on. I've needed that. Anyway..."
Toby's frown furrowed, watching his friend's cheeks flush.
"Goodnight."
"Hold on there, Gryfindor." He urged, leaning his shoulder against the wall by the door frame, and crossing his arms over his broad chest. "I'm rather enjoying seeing you blush for me. I might get a picture of it to stick on the internet the next time you threaten me." He teased, his eyes twinkling. He bowed his head slightly, but his arms remained firmly crossed.
"Now come on, you know a thanks isn't necessary. You..." He sighed."You're important to me. You know that." He frowned sloghtly, his brow creasing in the centre as he raised a single hand and ran it over Griff's soft cheek.
His thumb trickled over his jaw once. Twice. His mind cast back to earlier that day, when he was holding his best friend like a child to it's mother, refusing to let go.
Griffin, what do you want?
You...

He clenched his jaw. Looking at Griff's perfect face, the softness in his eyes, the way his lips were ever so slightly parted, made him seriously want to kiss him. But would Griff accept it?
Then again, if he didn't want something he wouldn't have hung around, would he?
"I..." He began, but words had left him. He didn't know how he felt. Even what he wanted. It was as if when he looked at Griff's lips he just naturally felt drawn to them.
Holding his breath, Toby slowly lowered his lips towards Griffin's, eyes open and anxious, anxious to see whether he had got the right picture from the entire day.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:05 pm

"Hold on there, Gryfindor." He stopped, closing his hand around his keys, and looked back at Toby, "I'm rather enjoying seeing you blush for me. I might get a picture of it to stick on the internet the next time you threaten me."
This only made Griffin blush more, and he turned his head away, clearly embarrassed. "I'm not..." He didn't even bother to finish the objection. He wasn't convincing anyone.
"Now come on, you know a thanks isn't necessary. You..." Toby sighed, sounding more serious now. Griffin risked a glance in his direction. "You're important to me. You know that."
A rough hand cupped his cheek, and his wide eyes met Toby's uncertainly as he felt the man's thumb stroke his jaw. He shuddered at the touch. The silence grew heavier, and when he looked into Toby's intense gaze, Griffin felt the weight of it. The tension grew, but he made no move to turn away.
Suddenly, Toby choked out a single syllable. "I..."
"What?"
His eyes darted searchingly over his friend's face, taking in every aspect of it. It was close. Closer now. At last, he noticed Toby's lips poised before his.
"Oh..." Understanding swooped through him, making him feel lightheaded for a moment. That morning, they had been nothing more than friends. And he had been straight. How could everything have changed so quickly?
Shyness gripping him, Griffin cowered timidly away, dropping his gaze to the ground, but he didn't pull back.
Deep down, he wanted this. But he was scared. Scared of what it meant, and what it would bring.
How did this happen?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Toby kept his eyes nervously trained on Griff's, silently anxious to see if he'd mistook Griffin's nerves. Wasn't this what he wanted? What did he want? For a moment Toby wished he could read his friend's mine, since he still couldn't understand his own. No could he quite comprehend what he was doing.
I don't know why... But I really want to kiss you.
But Griffin didn't look like he knew what was going on, and Toby could feel his confidence deteriorate when he lost eye contact with his friend, and noticed Griff's nerves worsen the closer he got. It was no longer an amusing sight.
Seconds later, Toby got the picture.
"You don't want to do do this now." He whispered, straightened up and looked away. Disappointment rushed through him momentarily, but he refused to let it show. No matter. He wasn't even sure why he'd done it. "That's fine."
Head bowed, Toby looked down at his feet and shifted awkwardly in his stance.
Should I walk away?
Having missed a childhood of watching romantic comedies, Toby was unaware of the usual procedure for saying goodbye in the 'usual' way. It was taking him a while to get over his feelings, but even after the reaction Griffin had given him he wasn't sure he wanted to leave yet.
He dragged his eyes up to meet Griffin's, and at the uncertainty in his friend's gaze he frowned. No way was he walking away from a day as eventful as this without so much as a hug. "Griffin..." He murmured softly, lifting Griff's chin gently with a soft touch of a single finger.
I really want to kiss you.
"Do you..."
So why do you look so scared?
He sighed. "Never mind. Come here." He demanded, gently pulling his Gryfindor into a hug. He wrapped his strong arms around Griff's shoulders, then slipped one down to the small of his back, pulling him as close as he could possibly manage. "Thank you... For, well, I don't know." He mused, then breathed out a soft laugh. What was it about Griffin that made him feel so... Confused? If he'd decided he was gay, why was it so hard to comprehend his emotions? "And give me a call if you need me. You know I'll always come. As usual."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:35 am

Eyes still trained on the ground, Griffin waited for the kiss, heart thumping wildly in his chest. He counted the waiting seconds; one, two, three... And just as the silence had dragged on one beat too long, Toby shifted away, and finally broke it.
"You don't want to do do this now."
"What?" He gasped, looking up at last. Toby was shifting away, avoiding his gaze, and Griffin felt a flutter of panic in his chest. He reached out to his friend. "No, it's not-"
"That's fine."
The objection died on his tongue, and he fell meekly silent, shrinking away again as he began miserably watching a particularly fascinating trail of ants on the ground. At that moment, he felt as small as they were. He wished he was braver.
"Griffin..." Hearing his name, Griff looked up, a touch on his chin guiding his eyes to meet Toby's. Again, his heart started to race. His eyes searched his friend's, wide with wonder, waiting for whatever Toby had in store for him.
"Do you..."
What? His eyes begged the silent question, Do I what?
Toby sighed and, recognizing defeat, Griffin let his shoulders slump. His gaze fell to the floor once more. Next thing he knew, Toby's arms were around him. Plagued by disappointment and frustration with himself, Griff welcomed the embrace, wrapping his arms around Toby's waist, and burrowing into his warm chest as though digging for comfort. It was remarkable how starved he was for closeness.
"Thank you..." His friend whispered, surprising him. "For, well, I don't know." Toby chuckled, but Griffin remained silent. He didn't see that he'd done anything worth being thanked for. Moving his hands from Toby's waist, he grasped handfuls of the man's shirt instead, and shifted his weight closer, burying his face in his friend's chest. It was easier sometimes, just to shut out the world.
Please don't say goodbye. Please don't leave me alone again...
His eyes scrunched tight shut.
"And give me a call if you need me." Griffin's eyes sprung open. "You know I'll always come. As usual."
It was as if Toby had read his mind. Suddenly overcome with a wild rush of affection, he smiled, turning his head to press his cheek fondly against his friend's soft shirt. He could feel the man's steady heartbeat thumping deep within, and at last a sense of comfort washed over him.
"I know." He murmured softly, voice faintly muffled by Toby's shirt, "Superman always does."
He smiled, perfectly content just to stand there, leaning against his best friend, nestled in the comforting warmth of his body heat, with his heartbeat as a lullaby. It was the same human companionship he'd longed for for years, but been far too cowardly to seek. And now that he had it, he was letting it slip right through his fingers...
So what if Toby was a man? So what if he was his best friend? No matter how strange it seemed, Griffin had come to love him. Or rather, he felt that he had loved him all along. It had just taken him until that day to realize it...
"Hey, Toby..." Again he smiled, dimpling his rosy cheeks, and one of his fists spread to a palm, sliding down his friend's warm chest. "You know I would have kissed you, right?"
I want this too. I'm scared, but I trust you. I want this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:25 am

Toby, touched deeply by the way Griffin was plastering himself to his chest, was so surprised at the affection that he was unsure how to react. One minute Griffin had seemed terrified to be anywhere near him, yet now he clung to him like a baby monkey.
Feeling his shirt being tugged at, Toby was forced to let himself be pulled closer to his friend, and he caressed his hand on Griff's shoulder gently. Was he upset?
"I know." Griff replied, his voice soft with trusting. "Superman always does."
Toby might have twitched at this comparison. He didn't want to make false promises that only a superman would be able to keep, but he decided to remain true to his word. If Griff needed him that night, he would always come.
Resting his chin up on his friend's fluffy head, he stood there for a long while, relishing the warm feeling of a face in his chest, a hand on his stomach. He didn't realise he'd missed the feeling of having someone to care about, but he had. The feeling was so strong, he wasn't sure how he'd survived fourteen years without it.
"Hey, Toby..."
He grunted in a questioning manner.
"You know I would have kissed you, right?"
"Hm? What?" He asked, his eyes widening, as he looked down at his friend in disbelief. All that time, and Griffin wasn't scared of him at all? After cowering away and avoiding his eye, Griffin would have actually kissed him anyway?
"God..." Toby chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. "Are you kidding me?" He teased, his voice no more than a soft purr. No way... "I think I need to practice my mind-reading skills, because they're currently lying to me."
He pulled back slightly, peering down at Griffin like he were something yet to be discovered. His eyes twinkled in adoration.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:43 am

Hearing Toby's surprised outburst, Griffin snorted in amusement. Was it really that hard to believe? Just because he was a little shy...
"Are you kidding me?" Toby teased, his voice purring in Griffin's ear, "I think I need to practice my mind-reading skills, because they're currently lying to me."
"Come on Toaster." His friend shifted back, and Griffin took the opportunity to raise his head at last, looking up at Toby with sparkling eyes, "You could never read my mind. And besides, if there are two things I never joke about, it's rats and romance." He ticked them off on his fingers, then shot Toby a crooked grin. The man was looking at him as if he were made of gold, and he couldn't say that he didn't enjoy it. He couldn't remember the last time that somebody had appreciated him simply for who he was.
"So yeah..." He cleared his throat, scratching his jaw absently, "I'm not kidding." He shot Toby a sideways glance, "So what are you going to do about it?"
At that moment, his own confidence shocked him. The truth was, with Toby's arms around him, he felt invincible. Perhaps he was scared, but there was so much more to gain than there was to lose. At least... He hoped so.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:52 am

"Come on, Toaster." Griffin teased. His crooked grin was all it took to make Toby mirror it. Really, his friend was so cute, what with his little swagger going on. "You could never read my mind. And besides, if there are two things I never joke about, it's rats and romance"
Oh, because your mind is so complex? Toby thought to himself, raising an eyebrow.
He liked the way his arms fit perfectly around Griffin's waist, and the way those shocking green eyes stared up at him with so much wonder and warmth, like they were boring right into his soul. No matter what Griff's gender was, Toby felt... Right with him. It was like they truly fit together like two pieces of a jigsaw.
"So, yeah... I'm not kidding." Griff said suddenly, dragging Toby from his thoughts. He glanced down at his friend to see him pulling off yet more of his swagger. He looked suddenly confident.
"So what are you going to do about it?"
Toby frowned at him. Who are you?
"Is that a challenge?" He murmured daringly, his eyes narrowing and his lips pulling into a devious grin. Griff hadn't even seen his playful side. If he wanted to play ball, he'd have to prepare himself. "What I'm going to do about it... Hmm..." He paused for thought, but he already knew what he was going to do.
For a second he considered his friend. Their eyes locked together once more, and Toby's flashed dangerously.
He linked a leg around Griff's subtly to keep him from backing away, then pressed a hand against his friend's chest. In one swift movement he pushed the man backwards and kicked his own leg backwards, catching Griff off guard, causing him to fall back in surprise. But Toby was ready,
He caught him before he had the chance to land on the ground, cradling his head and upper body in his arms, and grinned down at the face that was staring up at him. If Griffin wanted to be 'swept off his feet' this is what he'd get.
"I have a better question." He purred deviously, glaring down at the man before him. "What are you going to do about it, Gryfindor?" He teased.
He straightened up slightly, lifting Griff further away from the ground, but his friend was still bent backwards in his arms. He bowed his head, so he was now breathing softly onto Griffin's cheek, and added cheekily. "How 'bout you give me one good reason not to drop you."
That's right. You want a kiss, you have to kiss me.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:34 am

"Is that a challenge?" Toby asked, and Griffin just shrugged innocently. It was whatever he made of it. "What I'm going to do about it... Hmm..."
He felt something brush his leg, and looked down to see Toby taking a step behind him, trapping him. He shrunk away automatically, and as his friend's hand pressed against his chest, he felt his heart leap like a racehorse in a starting gate.
Then before he knew what was happening, Toby had pushed him. He stumbled back, but his foot caught on Toby's leg, and he tripped. His eyes widened, and before he knew it, he was falling.
"What-"
But before he hit the ground, Toby caught him, causing his head to bounce back for a moment before his eyes could focus on his friend's face. He blinked, wide-eyed with surprise, then felt his features crease into a stony glare. He could have smacked the stupid grin right off Toby's smug little face. How was it okay to push a guy? Even if Toby had caught him, the sentiment remained. That was plain rude, hands down.
"I have a better question." Toby purred, clearly pleased with himself, "What are you going to do about it, Gryfindor?"
"Bite me!" He snapped, baring his fangs. He felt himself lifted slightly, and his eyes flashed dangerously. If Toby thought he was allowed to pick him up and toss him around like a rag doll, then he had another thing coming.
The man's face lowered closer to his, inches from his cheek, and he turned his head away haughtily. He wasn't some princess that Toby could woo by sweeping her off her feet.
"How 'bout you give me one good reason not to drop you." His friend challenged, pulling Griff's deadly glare back to his face.
He raised an eyebrow, then his expression softened, lips curving into an unpleasant simper.
"Fine. Here's your reason."
He grabbed Toby's collar roughly, holding his gaze savagely, and searched his face for a moment. His heart galloped faster.
Then, without a second's warning, he kicked Toby's legs out from under him, causing the man to topple over, and send both of them sprawling to the ground. His grip on Toby's collar tightened, and the moment they struck the ground, he shoved Toby over onto his back and straddled him, sitting heavily on his chest.
"Rule number one." He raised a single finger, "You don't get to assume that you're in charge, Superman." Eyes narrowing, he added with a smirk, "I'm not above knocking you on your ass if you piss me off."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Toby was clearly pleased that his motion had given his friend a mild fright, but what he wasn't expecting was the defiant glare that was burning into his skull when he realised how tightly Griffin was holding onto him. He thought it might have been just from the fright, but then Griff's face relaxed into a dangerous smile, he realised his mistake.
Crap.
"Fine. Here's your reason."
He glanced down at the tight grip on his collar, and before he had the chance to lift his head Griff had kicked his feet from under him, causing him to stumble to the ground. He may have swore, or made a grunt of pain on the landing. But what he didn't understand was that although he'd managed to land on his arm to break the fall, he soon found himself staring at the sky. Or, more specifically, at a rather peeved looking Griffin that towered intimidatingly above him, pinning him to the ground. Too bewildered to react, Toby's arms flopped out on either side of him as he peered up at the towering figure.
"Rule number one." Griffin told him, raising a finger. "You don't get to assume that you're in charge, Superman."
Toby opened his mouth to make a haughty objection, but he was soon winded by the weight of an entire man on his chest, and could only choke out a curse under his breath.
"I'm not above knocking you on your ass if you piss me off."
"And..." He croaked, glaring up at Griffin, "Don't I know it." He growled sarcastically, too tired to fight the weight on his chest. No way had he expected this. He expected to be kissed and smooched and told how amazing he is.
What was this?
"Message received and understood." He nodded. "Now, please get off me."
For a supposedly helpless damsel in distress, his Griffin rally did have a set of balls on him. Not to mention being unnervingly unpredictable at the best of times. He certainly wasn't one to mess with.
"And remind me not to get on your bad side." He mused, smirking slightly, despite the pain on his ribs.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Griffin accepted Toby's glare like applause, basking with a smug smirk.
"Message received and understood." His crushed friend grunted, nodding his head, "Now, please get off me."
"I don't know..." He scratched his chin, thinking it over. He wasn't quite sure Toby had learned his lesson yet.
"And remind me not to get on your bad side." He tilted his head thoughtfully to either side, mulling over the situation, then finally shrugged and replied, "Alright then, I think you've learned your lesson. Next time try losing the smirk." He winked, pinching Toby's cheek, then swung his leg to the side and climbed off his grounded friend, standing and dusting himself off in a dignified fashion. "You look flat." He pointed out, turning around and flashing Toby a smirk. He held out his hand, eyes twinkling, then grasped Toby's palm and hauled him to his feet. It wasn't easy, given that Toby was roughly twice his size, but scurrying backwards like a little nerdy kid playing tug of war helped considerably, and soon enough he had his friend standing beside him, and towering over him as he always did. Griffin uttered a huff of annoyance. He missed his power.
"Right then..." He cleared his throat, and brushed the creases fussily out of his shirt, flicking off a speck of dirt on his collar, "If you're quite done being a pretentious prick, then I think you're about ready to leave." He looked up again, and his expression softened. Meeting his friend's eyes, he smiled sweetly, cheeks dimpling in that usual adorable fashion.
"Oh, and Toby..." He tilted his head slightly to one side, "Treat me like a woman again, and I swear to God the whole world is going to hear about that tiny dick of yours." He tapped the side of his nose, then spun around and flounced off toward his front door, twirling his fingers in a girly wave over his shoulder as he went.
"Toodles, Toaster!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:17 pm

"Alright then, I think you've learned your lesson. Next time try losing the smirk."
Toby scowled at him like a naughty schoolboy having been scolded by the headmaster. A pair of sharp pelvic bones poked against his ribs, and Toby silently scolded Griff for being so slim. Not only was he too heavy to e sitting on someone's lungs, but his backside was as sharp as a pair of daggers.
He pulled a face. Griff was so going to pay for this, later.
"Bite me." He challenged under his breath, just as Griff raised his weight off Toby's chest. He released an enormous sigh, grateful to have the privilege of breath again, and forced himself into a sitting position. At the comment about him looking flat he simply ignored it, and secretly began to plot a cunning plan that would make Griffin pay for pinning him on the floor. And for being so damned dominant.
Still, he took the hand that was offered to him until he found his feet again, and pointlessly straightened out his shirt and collar. Gravel dotted the back of his shirt, but he didn't much care about it. It would come off when he got back on the road.
"Right then... If you're quite done being a pretentious prick, then I think you're about ready to leave."
Toby raised an eyebrow at him. An angelic smile beamed back at him.
"Oh, and Toby..." Griff purred innocently. "Treat me like a woman again, and I swear to God the whole world is going to hear about that tiny dick of yours."
Challenged accepted. Toby thought to himself, concluding his cunning plan.
If this is how he was going to be treated, he didn't mind bruising Griffin's ego every now and then. With all the failure he'd suffered throughout the years, Toby wasn't prepared to lose another battle.
It's on.
Just as Griffin turned away, heading straight to the front door, Toby pounced. Griff could say nothing about his bollocks because he hadn't seen them. He wouldn't tell the world about them anyway, for practical reasons.
Wrapping his arms around Griffin's neck, Toby hugged him innocently from behind, pressing his cheek warmly against Griffin's face with a soft murmuring sound. The motion might have seemed like one of affection, but Toby subtly released one of his hands and slid it down Griff's waist, towards his hip bones.
"I'll see you later." He purred, grinning deviously at the front door.
His hand found Griff's buttocks.
"Honey."
With that, he quickly released his other hand and spanked Griffin cheekily on the backside, then turned and fled towards his bike, grinning away to himself like a naughty schoolboy. He was going to be murdered when Griff next saw him again. Ah well.
"Psych!" He jeered as he mounted the bike, blowing his friend a kiss from afar.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Griffin had walked only a few steps, when something soft and faintly warm crashed into the back of him, causing him to stumble forward a step.
"Toby!" He stopped, tipping his head back to frown at his friend, and found the man cuddling him from behind. Rolling his eyes, Griffin sighed, and gave the arms around his neck a halfhearted pat. Inwardly, he was smiling. Unfortunately, the sweet gesture was not to last. A moment later, he felt a hand sliding down his side.
"What are you doing?"
Silence. Toby's hand slid lower.
"Toby, stop-"
"I'll see you later."
As the hand came to rest on his bottom, Griffin felt an uncomfortable lurch in the pit of his stomach and flinched automatically, trying to pull away. Before his lips could form an objection, Toby's jeering voice added a sarcastic "Honey.", and the hand behind him vanished momentarily to spank him sharply on the behind. With a yelp, he jumped away, bumping into the front door, and he remained plastered there as he watched Toby leave. His friend might have been grinning, but his heart was racing. He had never been touched there before. Frankly, he wasn't sure he liked it.
"Psych!" The final mocking call was shouted from aboard the bike, and Griffin looked up to see Toby blowing him a kiss. Then, with the roar of a rickety engine and a faint cloud of dust, Toby had vanished, leaving Griffin shocked and alone as he cowered in the corner of the doorframe. He could still hear his pulse in his ears.
Shivering, Griffin rubbed the goosebumps from his arms and turned back to the door. His shoulder ached faintly from colliding with the wood, but he didn't mind much. He was always getting hurt - not so much because he was reckless, but rather due to the unfortunate fact that he bruised like an old banana. Sighing, he unlocked the door and stepped inside. His good mood from before had deteriorated, and any feeling of happiness still remaining was quickly sapped out by the grey, empty house. Somehow, it seemed bigger than before. Lonelier too. Swallowing, he rubbed his backside absentmindedly.
"Stupid Toby."
Scowling to himself, he stomped off to the bathroom to have a shower. He knew he'd feel better once he was snuggled up in his bunny-rabbit PJs. He liked bunnies. They didn't have long wormy tails like rats, and the way their noses twitched always made them seem interested in what he had to say.
Shrugging, he undressed and stepped into the shower, hardly noticing that the water hadn't quite heated up yet. He was rather preoccupied by an entirely different predicament. Namely, where was he to find a 24 hour pet store?

A few hours later saw Griffin asleep on his keyboard, his cheek typing a rather confusing array of letters into an email to 'Pete's Perky Pets'. The original purpose of the email had been to inquire about opening times and bunny-rabbit quality, but it had lost any meaning it had ever had after the thousandth 'A'.
He was woken early in the morning by the sound of his phone buzzing, which he ignored, and after casting a blurry-eyed gaze at his computer screen, he yawned and stood up, deleting the email. He would just drive through and see Pete's bunnies for himself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:13 pm

Toby slept poorly that night, as nightmares involving Paisley and lots of guns haunted him for the majority of the night. When Griff wasn't with him, he realised he was more prone to nightmares and seemed tetchy if he ever had to go down the streets of Dayton on his own. Much as he refused to admit it, he was still very afraid of anything that sounded even mildly like a gunshot. It was a phobia he feared would never go away, due to his past traumas.
The next day he lay in his lair on the dusty old sofa, facing the ceiling, his fingers fumbling artistically with a page from an old, rotting book he'd found in the back of the bar. Dan hadn't wanted it, the pages were yellow with age and some had been attacked by bookworms. 'Only good for firewood' he'd said.
But in his spare time Toby had read pages of it, concluded that it was nothing but an old encyclopaedia, and decided to rip it apart. At first it may have looked like he was doing nothing but amusing himself with making patterns with the random creases. But one fold after another, the contraption finally began to take shape.
He pulled out a head and tail, pinched a crease, then folded down the wings.
He lifted up his handiwork to admire it: a withered, slightly ripped paper crane.

One after another he created families of them, all made of old English words that hardly made sense anymore, all rotting yellow and dotted with the holes from bookworms. Then he left them scattered around him, and once he'd made his last one he held it by the legs, pulled it's tail and smiled fondly as it's paper wings flapped obediently.
He tossed it over his head, then flopped back onto the sofa, frowning at the ceiling. It was mid afternoon, and he hadn't heard anything from Griffin.
Sighing, he pulled out his phone and punched in a short text message: Its been 16 hrs and 32 mins. Not that Ive been counting. Tlk 2 me Gryfindor. U ok? Hows ur shouldr? T.
In honesty, he was worried. Griff hadn't seemed too pleased about his joke the night before, but at the same time. Toby had presumed his glares were playful. But what if he'd actually blown his first day of being more than a friend to Griffin? What if he'd taken it too far?
Frowning, he pressed 'send', then flopped his arm over his eyes.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Griffin was standing in the middle of the pet store when he got Toby's text. Jumping at the vibration in his pocket, he juggled his wallet and the holey wooden crate he held to snatch up the ringing device, and when the screen lit up, he uttered a huff of annoyance. Frankly, he was still displeased with Toby's actions from the night before.
Slotting the crate under his arm, Griffin shoved his wallet back into his pocket, then stomped off to the car, typing a response as he went.
'My shoulder is better than your spelling. And for the record, that's saying something.
Tripping over a stone, Griffin dropped his phone, but managed to catch the crate before it fell through his fingers. Breathing a sigh of relief, he peered through one of the holes at the baby rabbit within. It was grey, with blue eyes and a little white strip on its face, stretching between its ears to form an elegant white collar.
"Hey little guy." He crooned, smiling brightly at the tiny nose twitching at him, "You okay?"
Giving the crate a protective pat, he unlocked his car, and slid it onto the passenger seat. Then he finished his phone from the gutter, and sat down in the driver side to finish his text.
PS. I replaced you. I've got a better Toby now, and he actually respects me.
With a smug smirk, he hit send, then tossed his phone carelessly over his shoulder, turning instead to the crate beside him. He opened the lid, exposing a pair of beautiful long, black ears and two beady eyes, like a pair of sapphires.
"Aaaw..." He crooned, gently lifting the soft animal into his arms. "Aren't you just gorgeous, New Toby?" Cheeks dimpling with his smile, he scratched the rabbit between the ears, then placed it snugly on his lap, and started the car.
"Hold on tight." He warned his new friend, "I haven't got a bunny seatbelt installed yet."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Toby frowned at the reply. Griff seemed almost... Peeved at him. But he didn't understand... What had he done? Griff had seemed fine when he'd hugged him from behind. So what was it?
Toby considered asking him this through text, but concluded that he couldn't be bothered, and wasn't prepared to let Griff ignore him again, especially if he was having a strop over something stupid. Rolling his eyes, Toby shoved his phone in his pocket and shoved a baby paper crane in his pocket, jogging up to the elevator. He'd waited long enough. He was sick of it.
Wasting no time, he mounted his bike, shoved on his shades and revved up the engine. With a violent roar he sped off to the road, and headed to Griffin's Time Zone.

His friend wasn't there when he arrived, and Toby first wondered whether he was at work. But by the tone of hsi text he seemed like he doubted it. What had Griff meant anyway, when he'd said 'I've got a better Toby'? Did it mean he'd found a new man? No... He wouldn't move on so easily. He'd only accepted he might be gay the day before. So what was all the fuss about?
So, too stubborn to leave, Toby leant against the patch of wall beside the front door, faced the gate, and crossed his arms coolly over his chest. Still wearing his sunglasses, he knew he looked fairly intimidating. Good riddance. Griff deserved it.
He waited for at least half an hour before his friend turned up in his fixed Mazda, and Toby slipped off his shades and rested them on his head coolly. His eyes narrowed.
Griffin would have to face him at some point, whether he got to the front door or wimped out and used the back one. Toby would find a way to stop him in his path.
He frowned at a flash of silver in the passenger seat. Was that a... Cage?
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:29 pm

When Griffin arrived back home, he opened the gate without even looking up, smiling down at the rabbit on his lap.
"This is going to be your new home, Toby." He informed the curious animal, stroking its soft head with a single finger, "I don't have any other pets, so it'll just be the two of us, but I think you'll be happy here. I'll let you go wherever you like in the house, and-" He looked up, and his soliloquy ceased abruptly. "Toby?" For a moment he blinked in surprise at the tall figure standing beside his front door, but then his fingers pulled into a frown.
"You see?" He turned to his rabbit, "This is what I was talking about. He's just got no respect at all. You would never climb over my gate and trespass on my property uninvited, would you?" The rabbit sneezed, shaking its tiny head, and Griffin nodded in approval. "I thought so. That's what makes you better than him. Also, your nose is cuter." He tweaked his rabbit's nose, then uttered a little squeak of delight and let himself out of the car, cuddling his new companion.
He shut the door behind him, then walked up to the front door, pointedly ignoring Toby until the moment he reached it.
When he did, he stopped, and turned to face his friend. "You know, it's not very polite to stop by uninvited like this." He huffed, cradling rabbit-Toby in his arms, and stroking his back with a scowl. "This is why I replaced you with new Toby instead." Picking up the bunny like Simba from the Lion King, Griffin presented it to his friend with a bright, beaming face, and added, "He's cheaper to feed, and he wiggles his nose when I talk to him." Giving the little animal an affectionate kiss, Griffin turned his back on Toby and unlocked the door, letting himself into the house. At first it seemed like he was going to ignore his friend, but then he called back over his shoulder, "Come in then, Toaster. Come and tell me what's stuck up your bum today."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Toby heard Griffin talking to someone, but it seemed there was no one else in the car with him. At least... No human.
He glanced at the small cage, then at Griffin's figure as he got out of the car, and his worst fears became true. Griffin had bought a pet. Toby wasn't sure why this bothered him so much, but he had an idea that it was something to do with the threat to replace him with someone. Or, in this case, something.
"You know, it's not very polite to stop by uninvited like this.." Griffin grumbled, speaking in a tone that implied he was scolding Toby like a child. It almost made Toby want to bite his head off, but he was far too transfixed on the baby rabbit sat snugly under Griff's arm.
"This is why I replaced you with new Toby instead."
He didn't flinch when the rodent's fluffy little face was shoved in his direction, and simply glared at the pair of adorable, black eyes, staring sleepily back at him. So this was what had replaced him? This overgrown, retarded hamster?
His eyes flicked disbelieving from the rabbit to Griff's beaming face. He raised an eyebrow.
"He's cheaper to feed, and he wiggles his nose when I talk to him."
"And that makes him better than me... How?" Toby asked, unconvinced. What was this? A weird mental breakdown? Or was Griffin going through some massive regression period?
He watched his friend open the door and disappeared into the house, and quickly shoved his foot in the path of the door to keep it from shutting in his face and quickly swooped into the room, letting the door fall closed behind him. He checked to make sure his glasses were still there.
"Come in then, Toaster. Come and tell me what's stuck up your bum today."
His eyebrows shot up to the sky. So... Griff was going to make it look like Toby was the only one with the problem? Fine. No point being anything but frank.
"That rabbit, for one." He shot, unaware of the innuendo. "You... You replaced me with a rabbit?" He ran a hand over his face, then pinched the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger.
"You actually replaced me with a rabbit? What the Hell, Griffin?" His eyes hardened slightly as confusion turned to frustration, and he struggled to hold onto his cool. No point having an angry fit over a ruddy hamster.
"Okay, I can tell you're pissed at me. I don't know why, and I'd be delighted if you tell me, to be honest. What... What even the Hell is this?" He shot an accusing finger of the innocent baby rabbit in Griffin's arms. "Is this like, what, some sort of tantrum for you? Huh?"
He didn't care how harsh he was being. He didn't deserve to be cast aside by a rodent after everything he'd suffered in the last few days. Especially not after everything he'd done with Griff since they first met.
"Tell me. For the love of God, tell me what I've done to piss you off."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:40 pm

"That rabbit, for one." Toby retorted angrily, and Griffin smiled in response, sitting down on the couch and playing absently with the rodent's front paws. "You... You replaced me with a rabbit?"
"You mean Toby?" He asked with an innocent smile, lifting up the rabbit, "Yes."
"You actually replaced me with a rabbit?"
He nodded.
"What the Hell, Griffin?"
"Well for one," His eyes narrowed, "Rabbit Toby doesn't yell at me for no reason."
At this, Toby seemed to calm his temper, and Griffin relaxed for a moment, but sadly, it was not to last.
"Okay, I can tell you're pissed at me. I don't know why, and I'd be delighted if you tell me, to be honest." Hearing a note of condescension in his friend's voice, Griffin frowned, clutching Rabbit Toby closer to his chest. He could feel the rodent's quick little heartbeat thumping against his own.
"What... What even the Hell is this?" Griffin shielded his bunny from Toby's accusing finger, "Is this like, what, some sort of tantrum for you? Huh?"
At this, he flinched away, looking suddenly hurt. Toby had just arrived, and already he had started shouting.
Shrinking into the corner of the couch, he lowered his gaze, hugging Rabbit Toby's warm little body for comfort.
Shooting a nervous glance in his friend's direction, he opened his mouth to reply, but timidity stayed his tongue.
Why are you attacking me...?
His green eyes were as wide as the rabbit's as they searched Toby's face, and it was blatantly clear that his friend had given him quite a scare. He had never expected a reaction like this.
"Tell me." Toby snapped, taking advantage of his silence, "For the love of God, tell me what I've done to piss you off."
Still silent, Griffin bowed his head further, gently embracing Rabbit Toby as the poor, frightened animal snuggled deeper into his arms, desperate to escape the shouting. With a wave of protectiveness, Griffin looked up, and met Toby's gaze defiantly.
"Well," He snapped, "Most recently, you barged into my house and started shouting at me like a bloody catholic school teacher." Scowling, he stood up, cradling the rabbit to his chest, "Also, you scared Rabbit Toby. God, I didn't have a problem with you until now!" He shouldered roughly past Toby, then winced when he only managed to bump his own shoulder. No matter how defiant he felt, he was still barely a toothpick compared to his friend.
Without another word, he walked to the bathroom, then opened the door, and deposited his new rabbit gently on the floor.
"Stay here." He told the little animal gently, pushing the door shut, "I'll be back soon."
Straightening up again, he turned to face Toby. Folding his arms over his chest, he let his features crease into a scowl.

"Honestly." He unfolded his arms, and strode purposefully over to his friend, "Do you have to be so damn aggressive? I mean goddammit, Toby, what gives you the right to throw a full on temper tantrum just because I got a new pet? You seriously think I'd replace you with a rabbit?" He scoffed, rolling his eyes, "Get real. I thought you were more mature than that! Now if you're quite done screaming your head off at me," He jabbed a finger savagely toward the door, "Get out. And by the time you're ready to apologize to me and talk like a sensible adult, maybe I'll have calmed down enough to let this go. Although I doubt it." His eyes narrowed furiously, "You nearly gave Rabbit Toby a heart attack with all your screaming!"
Turning on his heel, he stormed off to the kitchen in a huff, grabbing a carton of milk from the fridge, and taking a deep swig. He was in no mood to be yelled at and intimidated. Frankly, Toby's outrageous behaviour had damaged his trust. Even if he had taken the whole 'replacement' gag a little too seriously, jealously over a rodent was no excuse for Toby to barge in and practically bite his head off. He was angry, shaken, and more than a little hurt. His annoyance from the night before was a fart in a hurricane in comparison.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 am

Toby felt his anger rise as he saw Griff curl protectively around the baby rabbit as it cowered away in his arms, and had to clench a fist to contain himself. Why wasn't Griffin that cuddly with him anymore? God... Ever since they'd tried being in a proper relationship things had always gone wrong. Griff would cower away, Toby would misread him, and both men would end up unsatisfied.
Then that stupid rodent came into the picture...
"Most recently, you barged into my house and started shouting at me like a bloody catholic school teacher." Griffin snapped in response to his last question, but Toby wasn't interested. The way Griff put it he made Toby sound like the bad guy! What even was this?
"Also, you scared Rabbit Toby. God, I didn't have a problem with you until now!"
Griff shoved passed him, but it wasn't enough to throw Toby off balance. He stared angrily at the opposite wall, nostrils flared, struggling to keep a grip on his temper. Sometimes it didn't take much to make him snap, and he feared this was going to be one of those times.
God... Arguing over a rabbit. How had it come to this?
"Griff-" He began, but his friend stormed off up the stairs to the bathroom before he had the chance to say anything. That wasn't fair. Griff had had some sort of problem with him, otherwise he wouldn't have got that stupid rabbit. So what was the point hiding it?

Just as Toby was debating on whether he should leave, Griffin stormed back over to him with his arms folded over his chest. Toby glared at him, untrusting on the words that would leave his tongue if he ever let it loose.
"Honestly." He scowled. "Do you have to be so damn aggressive? I mean goddammit, Toby, what gives you the right to throw a full on temper tantrum just because I got a new pet?"
Oh believe me, mate, Toby thought with a maddening chuckle. You haven't seen me at a full temper tantrum, and pray to God that you never do.
Honestly, Griff made it sound like Toby's anger had come out of nowhere. What was he playing at?
"You seriously think I'd replace you with a rabbit? Get real. I thought you were more mature than that!"
Wait, what?
"Now if you're quite done screaming your head off at me," Griff paused to shove a furious finger towards the door. "Get out."
Too stunned to move, Toby just blinked stupidly at his friend. What was that? All this had been a joke?
Could he possibly have misunderstood this entire thing right from the start?
"And by the time you're ready to apologize to me and talk like a sensible adult, maybe I'll have calmed down enough to let this go. Although I doubt it. You nearly gave Rabbit Toby a heart attack with all your screaming!"
He shook his head in disbelief. The second day of their relationship and he'd already managed to screw up this much? How was that possible? Well, it had to be, because it wasn't like he'd never done it before. This very thought was enough to make his veins go hot with fury for a moment. But when Griffin disappeared to the kitchen, Toby's anger melted away like butter.
He realised now how his visit must have looked. First he climbed over Griff's gate - which had been rather difficult in itself - then waited by the front door, followed him in and shouted in his face... All over a stupid, misunderstood joke.
No way was he walking away now. He had to put this right.

"Griffin..." He murmured, chasing after his friend until he reached the door of the kitchen, and leant on the doorframe. His stature was a poor attempt at trying to prove that he was no longer angry, but his tense shoulders gave him away. Of course he was angry. He was furious. But at himself, not Griffin.
"You... You mean this was all a petty joke?" He added quietly, his brow creasing in a questioning manner. His shoulders had slumped with the guilt of what he'd done, and he bowed his head in shame. "I-... I'm sorry. I thought-"
I thought wrong.
"You seemed pissed off at me for some reason."
I've come too close to losing you.
"It never occurred to me that... That you didn't mean it."
I'm sorry...
Shaking his head, he placed it in his hands with a sigh of despair. It was too easy to wreck a relationship like this. It shouldn't have happened. He should have laughed at the stupid joke that they'd both be playing video games and petting that stupid rodent by now.
"I'll understand if I've really pissed you off now. But... Can't we just start this meeting over?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:38 am

Hearing his name called, Griffin stiffened angrily, freezing in the spot. Slowly, he wiped the milk from his mouth, then replaced the carton in the fridge. Slamming the door shut with unnecessary force, he turned around, arms folded firmly over his chest, and raised an eyebrow.
"What?" His lips spat fire.
Toby was leaning in the doorway, looking contrite at last, but Griffin didn't care any more. It was too little, too late.
"You... You mean this was all a petty joke?"
He didn't answer. He hadn't intended for it to be a joke, but he certainly hadn't been serious, either. He was making a point, that was all. And Toby had blown it totally out of proportion.
"I-... I'm sorry. I thought-"
He watched Toby bow his head in shame, and his eyes narrowed. He showed no sign of unfolding his arms.
"You seemed pissed off at me for some reason."
"Figured that out all on your own, did you?" He huffed snidely under his breath, turning his head away. He didn't even want to look at Toby just then.
"It never occurred to me that... That you didn't mean it."
Completely devoid of sympathy, he watched silently as Toby sighed, and buried his face in his hands. He was glad that his friend was feeling guilty. After all, why shouldn't he? He had behaved like a royal buttwad.
At last, Toby took a breath, and spoke again.
"I'll understand if I've really pissed you off now. But... Can't we just start this meeting over?"
"No." Without wasting even a moment on consideration, without even softening his harsh gaze, Griffin unfolded his arms, and pointed sharply at the door for a second time. "Get out, Toby. I don't want you in my house." Snatching up an orange from the fruit bowl beside him, he threw it furiously at his friend, then shoved past him to get back into the lounge.
"I won't stand around and be treated like your property, goddammit. I deserve better than that!" He wheeled around again, eyes lit up with fury now, and scowled savagely at Toby.
"Now get the Hell out, before I arrest you for breaking and entering."
From the look in his eyes, it was clear that he meant it. There was to be no more Mister Nice Guy. He didn't forgive easily, and if Toby thought he was just going to let such a huge violation of his trust go, then he was dead wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Toby flinched as the word 'no' was spat at him, and frowned at his friend, evidently hurt. So, what, he didn't even get a moment's consideration? Had he not at least earned that, after suffering Paisley's wrath and saving Griffin's life the day before?
"Get out, Toby. I don't want you in my house."
He wanted to argue. He wanted to refuse. But when a rather unripe orange flew towards his head he had to quickly shield himself from the blow, leaving it to bounce off his arm. Any harder and it would have bruised him. Shaken by the violent attack, Toby actually stepped away from Griffin, leaving him room to storm back to the lounge.
This wasn't fair. Griff wasn't giving him a chance to explain himself, nor was he considering Toby's side of things. He thought Toby had a temper... But Toby hadn't once intended to physically harm him. He'd never even tried.
"I won't stand around and be treated like your property, goddammit. I deserve better than that!"
"When the Hell have I treated you like my property?" He demanded, but Griff was far too angry to listen. Frowning, Toby went on after him to the lounge, demanding to get an answer. Now who was having a temper tantrum?
Suddenly Griffin wheeled round, stopping Toby in his tracks. The blaze in his eyes was scary. Even for Toby. "Now get the Hell out, before I arrest you for breaking and entering."
Toby's eyes widened in horror. He could tell from the look in the man's eyes that he was deadly serious.
You'll do what?
Shaking his head, Toby flinched away from the glare that was burning holes through his skull, as if struck by an invisible blow, and felt his breathing quicken at the threat. Now he really was scared. Griffin knew how he felt about being arrested, about how the very thought had him quivering with fright. And yet he'd turned round and practically threatened to betray him.
It didn't matter what he got arrested for, but eventually the Timekeepers would find out who he was. If not, Paisley would certainly use it to his amusement.
He shot the man a final hurt, attempted defiant stare, snatched his coat from the sofa and left the house, slamming the door so furiously behind him it rattled so hard it looked like it was going to drop right out of it's hinges.
He kicked the grass outside the door furiously, releasing a roar of fury to the burning sky. How could Griffin do this to him? Not only stomp on his ego but literally treat him like a speck of dirt? He should have known this would happen, it's what happened when a criminal befriends a Timekeeper. The Timekeeper would betray them eventually, because Timekeepers are all the same.
He thought Griff was an exception. But apparently, maybe, not.

A few hours later Toby was at work. He'd been considerably more quiet when the customers had tried to make pathetic small talk with him, and leant against the counter, picking miserably at a piece of rubber on the till.
After the first hour he hid his temper. When the tipsy customers began to question his mood, he turned impatient. When the entire bar was full of mindless drunks who found amusement in insulting him, he turned verbally violent.
Sensing something was wrong, Dan gave him a firm word and told him to take the puppy for a walk.
Almost grateful for the excuse to leave the rotting building, Toby wandered the dark streets of Dayton with the juvenile Rottweiler, leaving it to urinate and excrete wherever it saw fit. His mind was elsewhere.
Honestly, he was extremely bothered by Griffin's threats. Was that what he got for caring? What he got for apologising? He just couldn't understand it... Griff knew how scared he was of the Timekeepers. So why had he thrown the threat to arrest him like that?
All this over a stupid rabbit.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Griffin held Toby's gaze furiously, right until his friend wheeled around, and stormed out through the front door. He flinched at the sound of it slamming behind him, blinking uncertainly at the spot where Toby had vanished. He heard the familiar choking sound of his friend's bike roaring into life, and suddenly, his anger started to drain away. He didn't want to be left alone again.
Suddenly panicked, Griffin raced to the door, fumbling with the handle in his haste, and flung it open.
"Toby, wait-"
But with a squeal of rubber, his friend had gone, and Griffin was left to cough miserably in the cloud of dust lingering around him as his friend's tail lights faded, then vanished around a corner at the end of the road. He stared, long and hard, then turned around and walked back inside, hanging his head.
He was still upset with Toby, but he had been wrong when he'd told the man to leave. Even being around somebody who was making him angry enough to kill them was better than being alone.
Fingers trembling slightly from the shock of everything that had happened in the last few minutes, he staggered back inside, and closed the door behind him. Without wasting a moment, he made a bee-line for the bathroom. Slipping carefully through the door, he slid down onto the cold tiles, and lifted the curious little rabbit onto his lap.
"Oh, Toby..." He sighed, cuddling his pet as if his heart was breaking, "Why did this have to happen?"

Griffin sat there for hours, hugging his rabbit, until at last he fell asleep on the bathroom floor, still tired out by the events of the previous day. He didn't wake until late in the evening, when Rabbit Toby hopped straight over his face.
Sitting bolt upright, he blinked in surprise, and rubbed the scratchy feeling from his cheek, frowning at the innocent little nose that twitched up at him.
"Don't look at me like that." He said grumpily, turning his head away. The rabbit continued to stare.
"I shouldn't have to apologize. He was mean to me!"
The little nose twitched again, long whiskers wiggling accusingly at him. Griffin glared at the bunny.
"Oh fine, have it your way!"
Standing up in a huff, he snatched his phone out of his pocket, and jabbed in Toby's number. As he lifted it to his ear, he felt his timidity grow.
It rang once. Twice...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:16 pm

"Toby?"
He didn't look up from the barrels he struggled to carry in his strong arms, and stacked them up in the next room. "Yeah, Boss?" He panted, wrapping his arms around the next barrel. When he tried to lift it it slipped from his fingers and he swore when a small shard stabbed his finger.
"You're shift isn't until 8pm tomorrow."
"Yeah, well..." He shook the pain from his finger, ignoring the spine of wood causing a spot on his finger to swell, and attempted to pick the barrel up again. "I thought you could use with an extra pair of hands."
"Tobias." Dan told him firmly, placing a hand on Toby's shoulder. He placed the barrel obediently back on the floor and straightened up, sweat lining his brow. He'd obviously been overworking himself. Dan frowned at him, evidently concerned. "How much sleep did you have last night?"
Toby just shrugged. There was no point lying. Besides, his boss knew he had trouble sleeping, it was no secret between them. Still, the dark shadows below his eyes were not the reason he'd been in a bad mood since he's arrived at his shift the previous night.
Dan rolled his eyes. "Go home, Toby."
"But you-"
"Mate, we're not even open. Nothing needs doing that I can't handle myself." He smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. When Toby's phone began to ring Toby checked it, then sighed and shoved his phone back in his pocket, leaving it to ring.
"Is that the guy?" Dan asked, raising an eyebrow.
Toby frowned. "What guy?"
"The guy you're into and you've argued with."
Toby stared at him, gobsmacked. How did his boss know what was going on in his private life? He was sure there was a rule against that...
"Yes, I am that good." Dane teased, slapping him on the back in a playful fashion. "I wouldn't usually pry, but you're worrying me right now. Whatever you've argued over, for God's sake, make up with him already." He winked, then nodded to Toby's finger. "And get that seen to."
Nodding obediently, Toby turned away to head to the door.
"And Toby?"
"Yeah, Boss?"
"You can start by answering your phone."
He jumped in surprise, realising suddenly that he'd got so good at ignoring it he'd forgotten it was there. Shooting Dan a grateful smile he brought his phone to his ear, releasing a sigh. "What?" he grunted, not sounding the least bit forgiving despite Dan's efforts.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:31 pm

The phone rang, on and on, and with each passing ring, Griffin felt his spirits fall further and further. Frowning, he took the phone away from his ear, and stared miserably at the screen, where the word 'calling' displayed over a Superman logo.
He's not going to answer.
Sighing heavily, Griffin slid his thumb over the red button, preparing to hang up.
Then the ringing ceased.
"What?"
He jumped at the soft, muffled sound of Toby's voice, losing grip on his phone in the process. Cursing, he made a wild grab for it, but it slipped through his fingers and bounced onto the floor, skidding along the tiles until it was out of reach.
"Oh, come on!" Griff moaned, diving at it, and slapping it to his face.
"Hello?" He frowned. He couldn't hear Toby's voice. Pulling the phone back into his range of vision, he realized that he was holding it upside down.
Genius. With a roll of his eyes, he turned it around, and pressed it tentatively back to his ear.
"Toby...?" Hearing a reassuring fuzz of life at the other end of the line, he swallowed, and came right out with what he wanted to say. "I'm sorry I threatened you. That was uncalled for..." He scratched Rabbit Toby's head absentmindedly, "I know how you feel about Timekeepers, and I shouldn't have used that against you, even if I didn't mean it." He scrunched his jaw slightly to one side, frowning at his bunny. He still didn't see why he should be apologizing, but dammit, Rabbit Toby's little twitchy nose was just too convincing.
"Anyway," He sighed, "You did make me kinda furious, but I'm over it now. You can, um..." He picked at a thread on his sleeve, "You can come back. And... And hang out, if you like." Swallowing uncertainly, Griffin wrapped the lengthening thread around his finger. He still hadn't forgiven Toby, but he did feel bad about what he had done. More than that, he was lonely. Even with his furry little companion for company, he felt Toby's absence. He felt it like a knife in his side.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next