Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robin Hood [Medieval Teen/Young adult]

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Robin Hood [Medieval Teen/Young adult] Empty Robin Hood [Medieval Teen/Young adult]

Post  Dreambug Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:41 pm

The panicked peasant was dragged out of the bushes by the two guards and forced to face the one in charge, still mounted onto his large, bay steed, that pawed frantically on the muddy forest floor, it's nostrils flared as a bead of sweat slowly rolled down it's thick, arched neck. The general gave the peasant a filthy look up and down and nodded to the two beside him to secure him tighter.
“You know the law” He grunted through his face-guarded helmet. The peasant struggled against the grip of his opponents but found himself loosing badly. He stared up at the general, feeling himself grow hot. What had he done anyway? That deer he was trying to shoot was the only food he could get within miles of Nottingham, and the markets were no longer markets, as no one seemed to be able to afford any more goods from within the castle walls. He dropped his head, nodding weakly. He was fighting a losing battle, and he knew it.
“The price of the king's deer is your right hand. Bring him”
The man's head suddenly shot up, his eyes glassy with fear. “No, no please. Have mercy... I need my hand...” he begged, clenching his fists at the guards sudden tight grip.
The General rolled his eyes, shaking his head at the peasants sudden cowardly tone. “There is one way you can get out of this. If you accept your guilt now and save us the time, the punishment is lessened. We can take a finger”
The peasant drooped his head once again, scrunching his eyes closed. “I will lose the trial, and my hand” he mumbled, sighing as he looked up at the guards beside him. “Take a finger”
The General smiled to himself in satisfaction and gave the guards the order, who dragged him over to a tree stump a few meters away from where the horses were tied. One got the small axe from his belt and placed his hand on the stump, his fingers spred to gesture what the man had to do. “Now put 'yer hand on there, like this” He chuckled at the peasants eyes widened in horror and waited for the man to do as he was told.

Suddenly, from out of nowhere, several arrows appeared just between the guard's fingers, forcing him to flinch as he spun round, in slight shock as more came from behind a small group of trees. “Who's there?” he yelled, his sword at the ready.
“It seems I missed your hand, let him go before my aim improves!” the hooded figure yelled back from behind a tree.
“Show yourself” the General ordered. “You interfere with the law of the land!”
The figure slowly stepped out of his hiding place, his face still hidden from under the dark hood shadowing his whole head from the view of those around him. “The last time I looked, the law punished shooting of the Kings deer with a tanning or a spell in the stocks”
“The law is under threat and must be severe if it is to be respected”
“If the law wants respect” the stranger shot back “shouldn't the punishment fit the crime?”
The General raised his chin, for once unable to answer the outlaws question. “I do not make the law, I don't decide”
“But you enforce it.” The figure's voice was now as cold as the stare he was getting from the guards around him. “And my men and I suggest, that you free this man, and leave him to feed his hungry family”
The General shook his head slowly, as that was something he really couldn't do. He had to do his job, but this outlaw wasn't giving him much of choice. He could hear the bushes surrounding them shaking heavily, and dry pebbles falling down the hills. An ambush.
“They've got us surrounded, sir” one of his comrades muttered up to him, his voice shaking in panic. The General turned to look back to the hooded figure, who seemed to be enjoying patronizing those higher ranked than he.
“I don't know...” he began.
“You know” the outlaw shot back, raising his bow to the sky and shot the arrow above all their heads, hearing the hiss as it skimmed the air up into the clouds.
The General frowned, looking up to the sky to where the arrow had been aimed. “And what does that prove?” But he didn't get the chance to say anything else, as the arrow zoomed back down,just missing his face and peircing the pommel of his saddle. He looked over to the hooded man, his face now shaking in fury.
“Missed again” the outlaw sneered and lowered his bow back to his side.
The General knew now he had no choice. That man was a good shot, and there was no way he was risking his own life for such a common outlaw, just because of one filthy peasant breaking one stupid law. He clenched his jaw, yanking the arrow off his seat. “Let him go” he muttered through gritted teeth, and watched as the peasant fled from the scene, dropping his cheap bow – no more than a bended branch with a thin weaved length of string - onto the dampened leaf litter. The General shook his head, turning his horse away. “Come” he ordered to the other guards. “We will leave these rogues to their crimes” and he set off back down the road, soon followed by the other guards now on their horses.

Much let go of the strings attached to the bushes around him and kicked away the remaining pebbles he had thrown minuted earlier, jogging up to Robin, who was now pulling his hood down to reveal his smirking face. He would never get tired of annoying the Sheriff's guards when it came to the law, he always seemed to prove them wrong. Well, almost always.
“Us? Rogues? Don't show your faces here again. Cowards!” Much yelled to the retreating group of guards.
“Shhhhh” Robin hissed, knowing they could hear Much's remarks. “Quiet!”
“Why?” Much questioned. “We have won and they should be ashamed!” He raised his voice so that he could be clearly heard right down the muddy road they were stood by. “Shame on you! Come back here again and my Master and I will make sure that you leave with more than just your tails between your legs!” Robin rolled his eyes, now that was just a step too far.

The general raised his eyebrows and skidded to a halt. “My Master and I?” He growled in frustration, spinning back round to face the two outlaws stood by each other not too far away. “There are only two of them!” and he booted his horse back towards the pair, quickening into a flat out gallop.

Much stared blankly at the oncoming crowd, suddenly lettign everything sink in. “I shouldn't have said that...” He managed, turning to Robin, who was simply shaking his head at his friend's stupidity. “Run, Robin...RUN!”

(C) BBC Robin Hood

~: Rules :~
There aren't many, just fill in the neded charris, be realistic. This is not a fantasy RP. There aren't any dragons, unicorns, whatever. And it's medieval. That means no mobile phones, cars, etc. But most importantly, have fun!!

~: Needed Charris :~
Much - Robin's right hand man/best friend. Faught alongside Robin in the crusades. Adores food.
Maid Marian - Robin's best friend ever since they were children. Robin secretly loves her, although he may act a little cocky and full of himself around her to try and impress her.
Sir Guy of Gisborne - The Sheriff's right hand man. He hates Robin, and has taken over Robin's lands since he went away to fight in the crusades.
The Sheriff of Nottingham (aka Sheriff Vaisey) - The Sheriff of Nottingham, and an enemy of King Richard. He's a friend of Price John, and is planning on helping him become King once King Richard is killed, if not in the crusades, when he returns home to England. He has robbed the peasants of their money by raising the taxes and is the main cause of why the country is in such poor shape at the moment. Wants Robin dead.

The last too aren't compulsary, just as long as Much and Marian are being played by someone. I will possibly add more characters throughout the Roleplay Wink

~: Me :~
Robin hood
"Robin"
20 years old
Outlaw
Has just returned in England after fighting in the war
Weapons: Curved strongbow, has a small dagger hidden in his left boot and a sword in his belt.
Will post looks later

Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood [Medieval Teen/Young adult] Empty Re: Robin Hood [Medieval Teen/Young adult]

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Oh my goodness I love Robin Hood o: Could I be Maid Marian? If not that's cool...but pretty please can I :3

Charrie(Possibly<.<)
Maid Marian
"Marian, Mari"(Robin Only)
19 years old
Not Sure...memory refresh much needed
Been in England the majority of her life.
Weapons: A small dagger which she conceals in her underclothes, and hardly ever takes out except for defensive purposes(I can't help not having a tough side to her..)
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood [Medieval Teen/Young adult] Empty Re: Robin Hood [Medieval Teen/Young adult]

Post  Dreambug Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:30 am

(No, no of course you can Very Happy I know lol I'm obsessed with him Razz Especially the series, although it's finished now Crying or Very sad Lol I'll wait and see if anyone wants to play Much. If not, I'll play him, and we can both play the charris when they appear in the RP Wink )
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:02 pm

[alright Smile sounds like a plan![
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:52 am

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/05/18/RH_070411100907002_wideweb__300x375.jpg

His looks are there, if you want them Wink Okay, We'll start, and if anyone want to play Much just say ^_^

Robin skidded to a halt as he reached a small ditch within a tree's roots and jumped into the bushes, grabbing Much by his heel and dragging him down with him. He ducked down into the shadows and covered their heads with the long bushes. The Sheriff's men galloped past them, not realising they were in fact yards within their reach. Robin's eyes peeked silently through the long strands of the dead grass as he waited for the last man to pass them by, although it seemed Much hadn't realised this. "Master-" he whispered, but was cut off as Robin clamped a hand over his friend's mouth. Within seconds the last man and his horse trotted to a stop beside the tree, and for a moment Robin was sure the guard was looking at him. Heard hammering at his chest, Robin froze in his spot, praying Much had got the message. Don't say anything...not a word... The guard pulled back the reins on his horse as it jumped onto it's hind legs and set off after the others. Robin waited until the guards were out of sight until he removed the bush from both their faces, letting out a long breath. It was hard to know in such suspense when you're actually holding your breath. He climbed out of the hole and stood on the small hill, watchign the track where the guards had just rode down. "Five years in battle, Much. And you still forget the last man?"
His friend scrambled to his feet as he climbed up the small muddy hill beside Robin and scratched his muddy head. "There's always so much to remember" he muttered, pulling a face as he pulled a small twig out of his long, shaggy hair. He always hated mud, even after spending so long in Israel fighting in the Crusades alongside Robin. He never really got used to being covered in mud. He hated it, and now he was coated in the stuff. It wasn't exactly how he wanted to look when he met all his friends from before the war. Oh well, he could always clean up once they'd reach the next village they passed.
Robin rolled his eyes and began walking down the road. Those guards wouldn't be gone for long. They would have to find somewhere to stay before they went to Nottingham. He wasn't too fond of spending his first full week back in England in the castle dungeons. It wouldn't exactly be the best 'welcome home' present he'd had. Besides, he wasn't becoming too fond of seeing the Sheriff again. But he'd been promised a welcome feast. And he knew Much would definately be looking forward to that.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:56 pm

[I didn't see the newest Robin Hood movie, so forgive me if I jack it up somewhere...^^']

Marian sat, nearly as still as a statue except for the rise and fall of her chest. She was leaning against the wall, her head resting on her hand with was propped up by her elbow. She gazed wistfully at the clouds, wondering what wonder were to behold outside the grounds. Her shoulders rose with a great sigh, and fell again. Her hair hung loose about her in grand curls, which appeared as brunette waves. Her green eyes searched among the clouds, as if looking for a sign. Finally growing tired of her wishing, she stood and walked away from the window. She picked up her skirts and walked quickly down a flight of stone stairs, and flew open the doors. She walked to the garden, weaving in and out among the various bushes of roses. Finally she reached a hedge archway, and walked under it into the hedge maze. She knew her destination, and was incredibly eager to reach it. She took sharp turns, and sometimes a long stride, but she never once appeared to not know how to get to where she was headed. This was because she knew the maze like the back of her hand. Every twist and turn. She had been coming in this maze for as long as she could go out on grounds unaccompanied. She wondered what was going on in the woods. She hadn't been there since Robin had left, her very best friend. Her eyes seemed to cloud over just thinking about him. She hadn't seen him in who knows how long, but that didn't stop her feelings about him. She sighed and shook her head. What childish dreams she was having. Finally she reached it, the center of the maze. It was the most beautiful part of the garden, filled with all her favorite flowers. Not a single rose in sight. She smiled and sat on the rim of the fountain, dipping her fingers in it and tossing the water about, liking the way the droplets shimmered in the sunlight before plopping into the water.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:04 pm

[Don't worry, neither have I Razz I'm basing this on the BBc series, but if you haven't seen them, that's fine too. It's far more interesting when i don't know how you'll react lol]

Much and Robin trecked down the muddy hill, looking up as the sun's rays peeked in through the netted branches of the 20 foot trees which surrounded them. It was hard to believe it had been the same sun as the one ion Israel, as back in the holy land it was a good thirty to forty degrees warmer than back in England. Although they were back home it felt as if when they'd left the Holy land, they'd left th temperatures behind. Robin felt a breeze waft through his leather jacket and the cold air trikled slowly down his back, causing him to flinch slightly. He'd lived in England his whole life, but after just five years abroad the country he knew all too well seemed to be on the midst of a sunny winter, although he knew it was probably just touching the peak of summer. Even at it's hottest England was so much colder than Israel it was unbelievable. Robin's eyes flicked to the road before him and he heard his friend beside him inhale his breath. Oh great, here it comes...
"Oh I'm so hungry. I'm that hungry I could eat a horse"
Robin rolled his eyes, not taking his gaze off the road. "You know you can't do that. We need the horses for transport. Especially when we get back t-"
"I don't care" Much groaned, clutching his rumbling stomach. "I'd eat a whole herd of horses if I had the chance. You know what? When we get to Nottingham I'm think I'm going to have beef"
Robin's lips twitched a smile. Much had been going on about the same thing for the past two weeks, but it always seemed to amuse him how much Much seemed to change his mind each day. "Yesterday you said pig"
"Well, yesterday I was not so hungry" Much answered matter-of-factly. "I mean I may have pig and beef" His eyes closed in awe as he took a long smell of the fresh air, imagining all those plates of food waiting for him back at Nottingham. Years of living on bread, drippings and the odd camel meat and now he could have a whole feast of everything he'd ever wanted! Feeling his mouth water slightly, Much swallowed and opened his eyes again, suddenly tripping over a raised tree root on the ground. But he didn't leave his dream of all that food on his plate, he could still smell the freshly baked bread and the well cooked meat even if he wasn't quite at Nottingham yet. He couldn't wait till they arrived home to Nottingham so he could meet all his other friends, and of course, the feast. Of course there was she Sheriff, although much wasn't really fond of the man. There was always something...bitter about him. like he didn't want them around him, but he knew he had no choice anyway. "And lamb" he added, back to imagining the food on his plate. "Hm...I'd like that, very much"

[Sorry, I won't type this much later, I'm just starting it off around the way the series does. Otherwise I don't have any other ideas to write about Razz]
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:47 pm

[nope, haven't seen that either xD But it should be fun because I won't know how you react either xDD]

Marian flitted her ring-less fingers across the surface of the water. She peered over and looked at her own reflection. She wouldn't lie and say that she wasn't pleased by her appearance, but she also wasn't vain about it. She had been asked to wed many men, however she turned them all down. No one seemed right for her. No one except...but no. That wouldn't ever happen. He was long gone. She sighed and pushed some of her hair behind her ears, and began to play with the water again. She heard a noise coming from the maze entrance, and she immediately stood up. Her hand was poised so that if needed she could reach for her dagger with was securely placed in a band under her skirts. However, that was not necessary because the person who had startled her turned out to be a servant, sent out to find her. The young girl bowed, and looked up at Marian with nervous eyes.
"M-m'lady, I've been sent to tell you that you need to go to your chamber immediately." She stuttered, her eyes showing how truly nervous she was. Marian only smiled kindly and thanked her. Though her first thought would be to question the girl, she didn't want to stress her.
"Would you mind walking with me out of the maze? I'd like the company." The girl looked startled at the invitation, but nodded. Together they walked out of the arch way and through the various twists and turns until the reached the entrance of the maze. Marian nodded to the girl, who bowed and scurried away. Marian walked through the double doors, up the stone steps, and to her chambers. There she found a beautiful riding gown with an invitation to come out to the stables. She put the garment on, and walked outside to the stables. Her steed of choice was of course the blood bay stallion named Bolt. She stroked his nose while the grooms brushed and tacked him. She lead him out of the stables and mounted, trotting off towards the woods.

[Haha that's fine Smile It's good for me because I need to get the creative juices flowing for school Very Happy]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:55 am

[Lol so much more fun x) ]

"In fact" Much droned on, and Robin found a small groan escape his pale pink lips. Hadn't he finished yet? "I can feel a song coming on" Much grinned daringly, although Robin new fair well he was serious. His eyes grew wide and he spun round, stopping Much in his tracks.
"No. No song. apsalutely no song" He said firmly, unable to hide the desperate tone from escaping along with his words. He'd coped with Much's moaning, complaining and droning on about how hungry he was, but when it came to singing, Much could have been given a medal for 'Most likely to wake the dead' with his singing. Robin already had a headache from the last song Much had drilled into his head. What, did Much want him to go insane? He'd managed to survive a war, witness the killings of thousands of men, but when it came to his friend's singing, his sanity could be lost just like that.
"It would be a cheery song"
"Yes, and it would be a tragedy too, Much." Robin placed both hands on Much's shoulders, looking right into his silvery blue eyes. "A tragedy for a man like you to have survived the Turks in the Holy Land, to be within a few miles of Nottingham" His hands slipped off his friend's shoulders, and he gave him a playful push. "Only to be killed by your own Master" And with that, he turned, and began to continue his walk down the road.
Much stopped in his tracks, feeling himself blushing slightly. "You know, it's a good job I do not easily take offence. I smaller man would be offended" Robin turned and gave him a sympathetic look. "A smaller man would be wounded"
Robin turned back round and felt his lips curving into an amused grin. "And a cleverer man would sing fewer songs!" Much rolled his eyes and jogged down after Robin, giving him a playful, yet very affective push.
"Thank you! It's nice to know I'm appreciated around here, isn't it?" He shot sarcastically, ruffling Robin's short brown hair. Robin chuckled amusingly, shuffling to a stop and turning back to his friend. "You know I love you, right?" he said with a grin, rubbing Much's head with his knuckle. Much pushed him off, straightening his hair.
"So, does that mean I can sing?"
"No" Robin answered, turning back and quickening his pace down the road. "I don't love you that much"
"Not one song?"
"No"
"Thanks" Much answered, Rolling his eyes and jogging on after him.

[Lol same, I go back tomorrow, on a friday! Mad ]
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:12 am

Seeing as she couldn't find whoever had invited her, she trotted about the woods until she found a rarely-used bit of road. She slowed her horse to a walk and studied the scenery around them. She hadn't been out here in ages, but everything still appeared to be the same. She patted the horse's neck and leaned down to whisper in his ear.
"Well boy, looks we have ourselves a peacefull ride." The horse merely flicked it's ears annoyed with her breathing going right into them. She sat up straight and nudged him into a trot, then a canter, and finally a full on gallop. She was annoyed with the grooms putting on the side saddle, but supposing they assumed she was going out to town they wanted her to ride properly. Oh how she loathed the skirts they made her wear. Riding was much to difficult in them. She slowed the horse back down to trot, and they continued down the road, happy as could possibly be. Even at a trot she was uncomfortable.
"How about we go bareback boy?" She asked the horse, tugging him to a stop. She dismounted and began to untack him. Leaving the tack by a rock that she made sure she would remember, she mounted Bolt again and nudged him into a trot, a canter, and then a gallop. As they sped along, she glanced back to make sure they weren't going to far from where they had left the tack. It'd be her head if she left it there.

[Sorry it's so short xD I have to go to school xP]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:32 pm

[Don't worry about it, I'll be getting lazy soon xD]

Robin strolled down the muddy road, ignoring Much's backchats as they across a crossing in the middle of a forest. Robin frowned, his head moving from one side to the other as his eyes followed each road that headed in a different direction. Right, so there were four roads. Three different ways to go, minus the way they's just come from. But which way was Nottingham? Biting his lip thoughtfully, Robin shuffled to a stop at the center of the crossing. They weren't lost. Of course they weren't lost. He knew exactly where they were... or perhaps not as much as he'd thought. He hadn't remembered that being there...
"What's that?" Much's voice echoed through his thoughts, and Robin turned to see much wandering off towards a large rock beside one of the roads. It was covered with bridle and well polished, rather expensive-looking side saddle. Robin's eyes knitted together. Only one person he knew of could own a saddle like that. But...surely not? It couldn't be... Surely it couldn't be Marians?
"It looks rather familiar to me" Much was saying through the thoughtful silences. "I swear I've seen it before"
Robin nodded slowly, his face lighting up to a huge ear-to-ear grin. So it was Marian's. But why had she left it there? He had better return it to her, so it wouldn't be stolen. "It's Marian's" Robin said matter-of-factly, although his eyes were still twinklign in excitement. "She must have taken it off and left it here. But it's going to be stolen if left out here."
Much frowned. "But how would we find her? She could be anywhere, you know what she's like"
Robin's eyes trailed to the marked horse tracks on the damp floor and his grin broadened. His hand rose as he gestured to the tracks on the road, raising his eyebrows meaningfully. Much sighed, pulling a face at the tack on the rock.
"Come on, Robin. So far? Master surely..." But Robin had already grabbed the horse's bridle and thick leather martingale and had hooked it over his shoulder.
"Come on" He said lightly, now strolling after the tracks, leaving Much to carry the saddle. Much scowled and lifted the large saddle, stumbling on after his friend. There were times when Much loved Robin, as he was his best friend. They'd faught alongside each other, they'd lived the horrors of war. But there were times when he wanted to hit him sometimes. And this was one of those times.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:42 pm

[haha that's fine! Yay for laziness!]

Marian gently tugged on the horse's mane, slowing him to a trot.
"Suppose we ought to be getting back..." She said aloud. She turned the horse and trotted on, hoping to take as long as possible. She studied the tree-tops, the horse's bouncing gait lifting her spirits. She knew these woods extremely well, so she felt that she wouldn't get lost. And the horse had a great memory anyway, so if they did somehow lose track of their whereabouts, surely he would find their way out. She sighed and got lost in her daydream. A rustle from her left got her attention. She stopped the horse and waited, hand poised to grab her dagger if needed. She had learned to be extremely defensive when needed. What jumped out of the bushes made her smile. Her big threat happened to be a little rabbit. It ran across her path, and once it was safely in the bushes she kept going along. Then she heard some more noises coming ahead of her. Ignoring them she kept going, thinking it would be some sort of animal. The noises continued to disturb her thoughts. Getting slightly annoyed, she urged her steed into a trot.
"What on earth could that be?" She asked herself, hearing something that sounded like a man struggling. As she neared the sound she could hear someone else. Sounded like an argument, but not a heated one. She slowed Bolt down to a walk, and moved along. She reached them, and dismounted.
"Oy! What do you think you're doing with my tack?" She asked, glaring at them.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:09 am

[Yay! cheers Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, he's not an outlaw just yet x)]

Robin froze as he heard the 3 beat rhythm of the a horse heading in their direction, and he knew he was in trouble. He didn't know why he felt so tense all of a sudden, as he had no reason to feel as if he was breaking any law. But as he looked up, to see a woman dismount from her horse, he recognised her almost immediately. He felt his lips tug a smile as something inside his stomach caused him to go hot inside. How he'd missed her. "Marian?" He asked quietly, his smile broadening to reveal the rows of his pearly white teeth. She was just as good looking as she had been when he'd left her those five years ago, although she looked a little older. She was beautiful. "It is me, Robin" He knew it was nothing to do with her question, but he couldn't help himself. She'd all he'd been able to think about all the time he was away, and now she was stood right in front of him, and he hadn't even reached Nottingham yet!
Much stumbled beside him, panting, and almost doubling over at how heavy the saddle was. Why had Robin chosen to have the easy job? The bridle was nowhere near the weight of the huge sleek black side saddle he'd been carrying for the past couple of minutes. And already he was getting back ache. He looked up to notice marian stood in front of him, and pulled a face. Five years in battle and that was the hello they get? He sucked in his breath, getting ready to say something until Robin decided to speak. Much rolled his eyes. Seriously! Love struck men these days... What was wrong with everyone? "Hello" he said gruffly, trying to keep the saddle from slipping into the mud. Marian wouldn't be too happy about that. Especially after how much it was probably worth.

Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:12 am

[haha whoot! xD]

Marian gasped and threw her arms around Robin. She pulled away and beamed at him, not caring what he might have thought.
"Oh, it is you!" Despite having facial hair and being much taller, he still looked the same. Well, he was probably far more handsome than he had been when he'd left.
"Goodness I have so much to tell you!" She took a step back and studied him carefully. His clothes were old and worn, and he had a tired look in his eyes. She tsked and walked around him in a circle. Finally she noticed the man with Robin, the one holding her saddle. She laughed at his annoyed look and went over to grab it from him.
"Come here and help me get this on my horse." She had left the saddle pad on the horse so that they would both be a bit more comfortable, so they only need to get the saddle on it. While this was going on, she looked at Robin.
"Hand me the bridle, please. And do tell me all about your travels. I've been dieing to hear something other than the black-smith's fake stories of flying horses and unicorns." The stable's blacksmith had a very big imagination, and often told very unrealistic stories about how he had seen a real flying horse when he was a lad. She shook her head. It was a nice story and she liked hearing it, but she most definitely needed something believable in her mind.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:47 pm

Robin grinned and wrapped his arms around her, resting his head on her shoulder. Feeling tears pricking at his eyes he blinked furiously, hiding his face under the shadow of her shoulder (I don't know xD). He couldn't let her see him cry, and of course Much had been there too. Maybe Much wouldn't frown upon him if he shed a tear or two, but he didn't want to risk being looked down upon by his friend or anyone else for that matter if he did. Of course he had an excuse. He thought he'd never see her again, especially after he'd been stabbed in the side back in Israel. He could have died, and he almost did. But he didn't, and he was glad. It meant he could see her beautiful face again. The thought made him only want to cry more, so he quickly sniffed and pulled away again, smiling over at Much. "Nice to know you recognised us!" He teased, crossing his arms over his chest. "Your lucky we weren't thieves, though. That tack could be worth hundreds of pounds, you know" He answered, taking the bridle off his shoulder and passing it to her. "The travels haven't been all that exciting, really. It's hot over there, insanely hot, and there's so much danger. But you have to see it, Marian. The huge scorching hot deserts with miles of nothing but bright, golden sand dumes...it's amazing"
Much grinned and patted the horse's long broad neck, listening to the two as they spoke. "And we have returned home inscathed. Well, scathed...very scathed...but happy. And hungry. Mostly hungry..."
Robin chuckled and pushed Much playfully. "And insane, thanks to you and your singing"
Much raised his eyebrows. "Hey, at least I didn't threaten to kill you everytime you whined about me when I started to speak"
"No, but you did nearly get us killed by mouthing off the the Sheriff's guards and almost blowing our cover. Still, you have to admit it was fun, wasn't it? Seeing their faces when they realised they were ambushed by only two men" He turned to Marian, his face thoughtful. "Which reminds me, what on earth is going on in England nowadays? We saw a man in the forest being threatened to have his hand axed just for attempting to shoot a king's deer. It's like the Sheriff's getting revenge on the peasants or something"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:15 pm

[this post will probably be pretty short because i'm feeling lazy Razz]
Marian couldn't help but laugh at the two friends. They were very different, but together they were immensely entertaining. Her mood suddenly darkened at Robin's question.
"Nottingham's definitely changed in the time you've been gone." She sighed, turning away from the saddle to him. She leaned slightly against the horse.
"That tyrant sheriff has been accusing people left and right for the smallest mistakes. To many people have been executed or thrown in jail. It's terrible!" She clenched her fists in fury, blinking her eyes to keep tears of anger from flowing. She took a breathe and calmed down.
"The worst of it is people just let it happen. That's the worst bit. They're friends and neighbors are being wrongly accused and they just let it be. Ohhh it makes me so mad!" She glared furiously at the ground, wanting to chuck her dagger at something. Preferably the sheriff.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:19 pm

[It's fine Razz]
Robin frowned, listening to what Marian was saying with concerned eyes. Oh, so that what the swine had been planning whilst he was away. Okay, so he wasn't a fan of King Richard, but come on, did he have to destroy the whole country just for the sake of it? Robin's eyes widened suddenly as a thought flashed inside his head. "So, what about Locksley?" That little village had been his lands ever since his father died in the house fire back when he was sixteen due to an argument with his mother that went out of hand. He'd managed it to the best of his ability, kept the people happy and healthy. He thought he'd left Locksley manor in capable hands after he left, he thought the Sheriff had thought of someone to take over whilst he was away. But the Sheriff had also been the one to put the peasants and everyone else through this unnecissary phase. What had happened to his home village? Would he even be able to take it back? "Marian, what about the manor, my lands? What about the Scarletts? Will, Dan, Jane? is everyone alright?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Marian only shook her head.
"I have no idea. The sheriff wouldn't let me go to the village. Why, I have no idea." Her voice was now barely above a whisper.
"Apparently no one has seen or heard of anyone from there." She paused, looking at him.
"I can't tell you for sure, but I think the worst of it will be your manor has been over run by weeds." She tried to smile, for his sake. It was a small one though. She had a feeling in her gut that it was much worse than just some overgrown weeds, but who could tell for sure? Certainly not her. She stroked Bolt's neck, and the bay horse turned to her. She began stroking his soft and whiskery nose. Her lipped at her hand for treats, and upon finding none he turned his head away, flicking his tail in annoyance. She sighed and began stroking his dark neck again.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:56 am

Robin's eyes widened in horror as he heard Marian speak, and he also picked up the obvious worry in her tone. She was trying to make him feel better, but it wasn't working. Far from it, in fact. So, what had happened to the village? She said noone had been allowd in, so what had happened to those who wanted to get out? What about everyone he knew and loved? Where was everyone?? Robin began to shake his head, starting slowly and quickly speeding up as he looked Right into Marian's eyes, and he realised what he might be faced with. At least, he could imagine. He gasped, looking up at her horse with wide, petrified eyes. He'd never been this scared in his life. "I have to go there..." They wouldn't turn him down, it was his lands after all. Besides, that manor was his home. He wouldn't let anyone stand in his way. "I have to go to Locksley. Now" He turned to Marian. "Can I use your horse?" He asked her, his eyes glassy with desperation. "You can come with us, if you really want to. But I have to go there, I have to know everything's alright"
"But what about Nottingham? What about the f-"
"Much, I'm afraid we'll have to pospone the feast until I know what's been happening in Locksley whilst we've been away" Robin cut him off, putting a hand on his shoulder. "The Sheriff's up to something, I can feel it. If he hasn't let anyone in or out of the village then something's definately up. Something's happened, something really bad. They turned everyone else away but they can't turn the lord of the manor away. Not if I have something to say about it"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Marian blinked.
"Of course you can use my horse." She looked at the horse. "But I think it'd be best if I came along, seeing as Bolt isn't particularly fond of new people." She smiled at Robin, and mounted the horse. She looked at the two men.
"Hmm...how will this work?" She toyed with the horse's mane, then blinked.
"The saddle won't do." She dismounted and took the saddle off, gently setting it on the ground. She mounted the horse again, then looked at them.

[Short short >.<]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:02 am

[It's okay! xD]

Robin let out a sigh of relief and nodded, taking the saddle from her and placing it gently back on the rock. Right, so at least she hadn't turned him down now, but what he was going to be faced with once he arrived in locksley he still dreaded to know. If noone was allowd in or out of the village, then what had happened to all those he knew and loved? The thought made his heart punch even more viciously at his chest as he vaulted onto the horse, trying to be careful not to kick it too hard before Much could get on. It was a good job it was a reasonable sized horse, otherwise they wouldn't have all fit on. Robin helped Much as he climbed onto the rump of the horse and took a gentle hold of Marian's waist. "We have to be quick to see what's happened in there. Whatever they're doing I need to be there to stop it" he said, his voice shaking in desperation and dread. "You don't think it's because of me, do you?" he muttered in Marian's ear, his face pulling into a worried grimace. "All that happened in there, was it because I left them to go and fight?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Marian nodded and nudged Bolt into a a trot, then a canter, and finally eased into a speedy gallop. She swerved the horse in and out of trees, making sure he wouldn't trip over underbrush or anything else. They would jump over any low obstacles, and(to make it easier on the horse and on Much) they were skirt around jumps to difficult for them to try at the time. She glanced back at Robin.
"No, I don't think it was because of you. I think the sheriff just wanted much more power than he should have had. Don't worry yourself to much, you don't even know how bad it will be. Like I said, it's probably just some overgrown weeds." She nudged the horse a little bit to see if he would go faster. The burst out of the trees and into town. They then turned away from the road and galloped towards Locksley.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Robin sat deeply on the horse's back, careful not to tip to one side in case he set Much off balance over the jumps. He'd never beem very good at bareback riding. Despite what Marian was saying, Robin found himself fearing the worst. They were dead, weren't they? The Sheriff had killed everyone in the village, all the innocent people to get back at him and own more land. And it was all because of him. Why had he left them in the first place? Why hadn't he turned down the King's request? He could have saved everyone in locksley... "Overgrown weeds? Great" he muttered miserably, watching as the village gates slowly became closer and closer as they approached the village.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Marian's face saddened a bit, but she was turned away from Robin. She stopped the horse at the gates. One of the sheriff's men stood there, arms crossed and glaring at them.
"State your business." He said gruffly. Marian looked at Robin.
"This is the lord of Locksley. I presume you're aware of this, correct?" She asked the guard matter-of-factly. He looked a bit confused. She covered her mouth to keep from giggling at his stupidity.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Robin's face fixed into a deep frown as he slipped off the horse, careful not to kick Much off the rump in the process, and stood before the guard. "My name is Robin. I am Earl of Huntington and Lord of locksley manor. I demand to know what's going on" He stated, looking the guard right in the eye. He didn't look too pleased to see him there, but it seemed he was still confused with who Robin was. Why couldn't everyone recognise him nowadays? He was a lord, wasn't he?
"Well?" Robin demanded. "What're you waiting for?"
The guard looked him up and down uncomfortably. "The Sheriff told us you were dead"
Robin's eyes narrowed. "Do I look dead?!" He shot back furiously. "Open up!"
The guard did as he was told.

Last edited by Xx Dreamerz xX on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next