Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and I ^^ Hehehe

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Polo and I ^^ Hehehe  Empty Polo and I ^^ Hehehe

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Sleep <<<I'm sure you're trying to do that at this time xD But noo I shan't allow it!! *uses my blonde powers to awake you* Awaaakkkeeee awwwaaaakkkkkeeeeeee..okay I'm done now 8D

Anyways, onto the plot!

The Town
Greenwood

Greenwood is a sleepy Southern town which seems to be entirely predictable. The people are all nice, there really isn't much poverty, and the houses are nearly always kept in pristine shape. However, sometimes odd things go on in this town.

The Girl

Name: Emma Berkerwitz
Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/photography/?q=PrettyGirl&order=9&offset=0#/d2bbiuh (I likes to use pictures because they give more of a visual perspective ^^ however it doesn't matter if you do or not.

The Post
Emma stood quietly in the middle of the wood, the autumn leaves floating down like feathers from an insane pillow fight. She smiled and sat down, holding her knees to her chest. She watched the sunlight dance among the treetops, glinting through the yellow orange and red leaves. She looked down below her at the ground that looked as if it had been rained on by orange red and yellow paint, covered in the beautiful fall leaves.
She found it quite a pity that the leaves had to die, but it was so beautiful. It was like poetry, but then again most of nature was. About a half an hour later she stood and brushed her pants off, looking around again before shoving her hands in her pockets and walking back towards her house.
When Emma reached her house she did not go inside, but rather climbed on the roof and sat at the highest part, waiting for sunset. It was incredibely near, but yet so far. She loved the way the lights wove in and out of eachother, casting a heavenly glow upon everything. It was so sad that the day had to end but, like the leaves, it ended so beautifully, so poetically. That seemed to make up for everything.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Polo and I ^^ Hehehe  Empty Re: Polo and I ^^ Hehehe

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Okay, I mostly RP my characters out, so this is a very brief description... And unfortunately I haven't got a picture done for Laiko yet. Razz ... Sorry... It is terrible. Wink

Name: Laiko
Appearance: Laiko is relatively tall with a strong, athletic - yet light build. His handsome features seldom go without a friendly and unintentionally charming smile. He has fluffy (Yes, I did just say fluffy... IT HAS TO BE FLUFFY! *freaks out*) blond hair with natural dark highlights. It usually falls casually over his face, in a vague untidiness that somehow seems to suit him. His eyes are a bright, captivating emerald green - though they have a tendency to change slightly in colour from time to time.

Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:19 pm

[ahaha that's totally fine xD The fluffy hair O_O it'sa must. Aaaannndddddddddddd ummmm idk xD Terher 0-0 Hm...well if you wanna post then...yeah xD hehehehehehehehheh omg in my head...ah ahahahahaha. Look what you have done! You've made me hyper...oh my.]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Laiko gazed placidly around him - watching the last of the Autumn leaves floating over his head as the colourful season slowly began to bleed into Winter. Laiko watched the softly fluttering leaves with a peaceful serenity as they floated past him on a warm breath of wind. He was lost, hopelessly so, in fact - but if he was aware of this fact then it did not bother him. Something would work out, it always did... Besides, Mike had said that he would be fine - and who was he to question that? If Mike had said it, then it had to be true. He was glad that Mike had convinced him to get out and take in some fresh air... He was surprised to find just how much he enjoyed it. Laiko drew in a deep breath of the crisp Autumn air, then suddenly burst into enthusiastic laughter - no longer ale to contain the happiness bubbling within him. With a childlike grin, Laiko leaped at the falling leaves, chasing after them and trying to snatch them out of the sky. Finally, he caught one, and plopped back to the ground with it held gently in his fingers. He dropped into a sitting position on the sidewalk and examined his prize, gently stroking the veins in the crisp brown leaf. Overcome with happiness, Laiko tossed it back into the air and watched with an infantile innocence as the breeze caught it and whipped it back on track again. It danced a graceful ballet in the air, and Laiko watched it until he could see it no more. Then, he sighed contentedly and lay down on the sidewalk - his arms folded behind his head. The sun was nearing setting now, and he knew that it would be dark soon, so Mike ought to be arriving soon. He would lie here and wait for his friend, since he doubted it would take too long.
Not once did it cross his mind that Mike had forgotten all about him. Or, as was the case in this situation, that Mike had come across a girl he had taken a liking to and had decided that Laiko would be just fine to find his own way back to the boarding house. Of course, he knew Laiko well enough to know this was not the case - but Mike's priorities had always been certain: Girls and sport came first. Everything else was just an afterthought.
And that was how Laiko came to be lying on the paved sidewalk in the middle of nowhere with a strangely content and relaxed smile lighting up his handsome face as he watched the sun creeping gradually closer to the horizon - turning his deep blue eyes into opaque balls of flame with the reflection of the incandescent clouds surrounding the fiery orb of the setting sun.

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:25 pm

((Yesh! It must be fluffy. Razz Hehe! I did post, but now I must leave you with the hyperness I have inflicted upon you [How cruel I am!] and get to bed. Wink Have fun with that awful post if you can, and I shall see you sometime tomorrow! Very Happy Cheers for now. Smile ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Emma sat there with her knees drawn close to her chest, the golden light casting dancing shadows on her lightly freckled skin. Her light crystalline blue eyes were wide with awe as she watched the clouds in the sky turn pink with the tints of red that the sunset cast off. She sighed contently, not wanting anything to ruin this moment. The only thing that distracted her was a movement out of the corner of her eye. She glanced over to see a boy lying on the pavement. He couldn't have been much older than her. She tilted her head curiously. She had the notion to climb down and speak with him, but something stopped her. He looked exactly the way she was feeling; peaceful. She smiled and looked back at the sky, the light reflecting her eyes and making them appear even lighter of a blue. She laid back and put her hands behind her head, watching the sky begin to fade into the night. It happened so fluently, so perfectly. She wondered why life couldn't be like this. Why could the world be able to turn with no problems, but the lives of the people who inhabited it had to be so difficult? It just wasn't fair. But then again, had anything really ever been fair? She closed her eyes, blocking off her vision and using the rest of her senses to experience the coming night.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Looking up into the brilliance of the flame-ridden sky, Laiko felt a flicker of unease shoot through him. It was getting dark now, with the bright orange, red and pink clouds slowly fading to dusky shades of grey. The last of the bright light threw a golden glow over Laiko as he shifted himself into a sitting position. The light seemed so close that he felt he could just reach out and touch it... But before he could even try, it had gone. The sun finally sank bellow the horizon, and Laiko's hand fell limply to his side - leaving him somewhat disappointed, though he was not entirely sure why. He got to his feet then and dusted himself off, looking around in the soft ashen glow that preceded night. He could not deny it now, he was getting slightly anxious. Mike had yet to arrive, and Laiko was terribly worried that something had happened to his friend. Suppose he look for him...? But he wouldn't know the first place to start. Besides, then he'd just get even more lost, and he still wasn't completely comfortable wandering the streets on his own, especially at night. Not after what had happened...
A chill swept over Laiko then, and he wrapped his arms around himself to keep warm, rubbing the gooseflesh from each arm and shivering slightly where he stood. Where was Mike? Laiko certainly hoped this was just a joke...
He sat there a short while longer, then finally decided that Mike was not coming, and that he would just have to trust his instincts to get him safely back to the boarding house. This thought gave him confidence, and Laiko's cheerful smile resumed its usual post upon his face.
He gave his chilly arms one final rub, then shook the kinks out of his stiff fingers and prepared to set off. He had walked only a few steps when he noticed an odd shadow on the ground before him - slightly different to the shadows of the other houses on the street. It seemed to have, unless he was much mistaken, some sort of knob sticking up off its roof. Laiko blinked in bewildered surprise, then tilted his head slightly to one side and innocently regarded this strange phenomenon - seeming for all the world like a curious puppy. Finally, he raised his head and glanced toward the roof to see a girl around his own age, or so he'd guess, sitting there - apparently doing the same thing he had been doing moments before. Comprehension quickly dawned on him, and a smile soon crept across Laiko's face. It was extremely comforting to learn that he was not alone on the street, even if the girl was a complete stranger...
A complete stranger on a roof.
Wait... Why was she on a roof? That was a little odd, wasn't it? Did people sit on roofs often? He supposed they might do, but he had never seen it, since it was against the rules to sit on the roof back at his school.
Well, either way, there was no harm in making sure there was nothing wrong. "Hey!" He called amiably, gazing up at her with a friendly smile, his head tilted slightly to one side. "Are you okay up there?"
He straightened his head, and his soft blond hair fell in a tousled veil over his face. He brushed it out of his face with a swipe of his hand, leaving his fringe gently tickling his forehead as it waltzed and swayed with the gentle breeze.

Last edited by Polo the Weirdo on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Errors)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:59 am

Emma looked down to had called to her and smiled. It appeared to be the boy who had laid on the sidewalk. "Hello! I'm perfectly fine." She said, climbing down and jumping off, landing a few feet from him. "Are you?" She asked him, tilting her head to the side and moving her hair out of the way of her eyes, which had dimmed with the sinking of the sun. She put her hands in her pockets, turning slightly away from him as she looked up at the moon which was glowing brightly in the dark sky. She sighed contently and closed her eyes. "So what were you doing out here?" She asked, knowing that it was dangerous if you weren't near your house. "Is your house nearby?" She looked over at him worriedly. Her red hair had turned a silvery tint in the moonlight and her skin, which was normally fairly pale, was illimuniated by the pale light. It was a full moon which meant you were either considerably safe, but only if your house was close. Those were the lifelines. As she thought about this she heard a tussling in the bushes.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:19 am

Laiko smiled at the girl's reply - glad to hear that nothing was the matter. He took a step back as she landed just a few feet from him - his balance perception thrown slightly off by the sudden appearance of the girl before his eyes. "I'm fine." He replied with a grin - his tone declaring a childlike enthusiasm. He truly was pleased to have some company. He had always enjoyed being around people... Well, for as long as he could remember, anyway. His bright green eyes scanned the girl for a moment, then followed her gaze as she stared up into the sky. The moon was burning brightly now - twinkling like a silver dollar in the dark velvet sky. It cast everything in a silvery glow, bleaching all colour from the earth. Laiko was just slipping into a daydream when the girl's voice suddenly startled him from his thoughts again. "So what were you doing out here? Is your house nearby?" He tilted his head slightly to the side in confusion at the sight of her worried expression, but shrugged it off and simply answered in his innocent way. "I'm a boarder at Hayden High." He explained simply, raising one hand as though to point toward the school, then remembering that he did not know in which direction it was, and dropping his hand back to his side with a faint frown. "I came out here with a friend, but he had some stuff to do, so..." Laiko trailed off, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. "Well, I'm sure he'll be here soon." He concluded with a grin - obviously completely confident that Mike would stick to his word. Unless something had happened to Mike... No, no. Nothing could happen to Mike - he wouldn't accept it.
Casting his thoughts aside, Lako glanced toward the girl again, then jerked his head around as a soft rustling caught his attention. Laiko froze - his eyes locked firmly on the source of the sound. Every one of his muscles was tense in preparation for whatever should happen next - his body reacting automatically without conscious thought from his mind. If Mike was trying to sneak up on him and give him a fright then he was doing a really bad job of it... Then again, didn't he always? Laiko chuckled softly to himself at this thought, then relaxed and dropped his defenses - gazing around with a cheerful smile.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 am

She looked at the bushes. "Come on." She grabbed his hand and led him up to the house. She opened the door and pushed him inside, looking behind her worriedly.
"Sorry, but it's not safe out there." She said, walking over to the window and peering out. A shape had emerged from the bushes, scanning the area ominously. "You won't be able to go back out for a while." She said, turning back to him. "I'm Emma, by the way." She smiled and held her hand out to him. Despite the circumstances she wanted to make him feel a bit more comfortable, which was probably the last thing he was at the moment. "Um do you want something to eat?" She asked him. She glanced back out the window, but the figure was gone. She knew she couldn't let him go bcd though, or else the shape would be back. With more. She shuddered and rubbed her arms with her hands.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Laiko was slightly taken aback when the girl suddenly grabbed his hand and started dragging him toward the house she had been sitting on before. "But- I have to wait for Mike..." He objected feebly, but his voice was small and soon trailed into nothingness - leaving him to follow her placidly toward the house. At the encouragement of her pushing him, Laiko went inside and stood there pointlessly - looking rather out of place and staring around in a bemused fashion, seemingly wondering what on earth he was doing here. "Sorry, but it's not safe out there." Laiko turned to face the girl at these words, and he seemed about to voice an objection when her next words interrupted his thoughts. "You won't be able to go back out for a while." Laiko relaxed at these words - instantly accepting them as truthful fact and thus choosing to abide by them without complaint. "Okay, then." He replied with a pleasant smile. Laiko gazed curiously around at his surroundings for a while, then turned his attention back to the girl, Emma, as she introduced himself. His face split into a wide grin as he took her hand and shook it eagerly. "Pleased to meet you!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, "Though I suppose technically we already met a few minutes ago..." He chuckled slightly, then became aware of the fact that he was still shaking his hand - getting carried away as always - and released it with a sheepish grin. "I'm Laiko." He added - feeling inclined to introduce himself now that he knew her name.
"I won't have anything to eat, but thank you very much for the offer." Laiko added quickly in response to her earlier question.
He seemed to let his attention wander then, tottering a few steps forward and staring around in wide-eyed awe. "So his is your house?" He asked, gazing around appreciatively at the attractively decorated interior. "It's amazing." He concluded, flashing her a friendly grin.

((Ugh, sorry for the quality of my posts... I hope they're not too bad. o_0 I just can't seem to getinto writing mode... Or into character for that matter. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:33 pm

She smiled. "I suppose we did." She walked into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of lemonade. "Alright, but let me know if you want anything." She walked to the tv and motioned for him to follow. She sat down on the couch and turned it on, but barely paid attention to it. "Thanks, mybmother did all the decorating." She looked around and smiled. "But I guessnthat doesn't really matter." She looked over at him and studied him carefully. "Are you new around here?" She hadbassumed he was but she could never be entirely sure. "Ive never seen you before" She looked over at the stairs and bit her lip. She would let him sleep in the guest room, but right nownshe needed to get to know him a little better. Her parents didn't like it when people slept here they didn't know a bit about.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Laiko waited politely in the hallway as Emma went off to fetch a glass of water, and when she returned, he followed her amiably to the lounge, standing neatly beside the couch and examining the room with a childlike expression of excitement on his smiling face. "She did a great job!" Laiko exclaimed enthusiastically upon learning who had done the decorating, he glanced toward Emma, then - listening placidly to what she was saying. "New?" He repeated thoughtfully, frowning in concentration as though trying to calculate some sort of complex maths problem. "Well, it depends what you consider to be 'new', really... I've been here as long as I can remember - but at the same time it's only been two years. Still, I don't get out much, so I doubt you would have seen me around here... Well, I'm sure you can see why: I always end up hopelessly lost..." Laiko trailed off with a chuckle, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "Which reminds me..." He added more seriously. "I am sorry for interrupting your, uh... What were you doing up there?" He tilted his head slightly to one side and regarded her curiously - a childlike innocence lighting his handsome features.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:27 pm

"Hm..well then I guess that explains it." She smiled at his child like sincerity. She didn't even hesitate to answer his last question. "Watching the sunset, of course." She stood up and brushed her hair out of her eyes. "I presume you were doing the same thing?" Her head tilted to the side, remembering his expression a while earlier mirroring her own emotions. She smiled, realizing how amazing emotions were. There sometimes were words for them, but others times there weren't.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Laiko nodded eagerly in response. "It was amazing, wasn't it?" He asked, thinking back to the brilliance of the sunset. "It's like... The sky catches alight, and while this day burns out, the ashes of the night allow a new one to grow... So there's always a new tomorrow - always a future." Laiko trailed off thoughtfully, then suddenly became aware of the fact that he had been speaking his thoughts out loud. That was a terrible habit of his... He dropped his emerald green gaze to the floor, suddenly seeming just a little shy. He'd always had a somewhat poetic, 'thinking' sort of nature, but with the amount of times Mike had teased him about it, he was usually too timid to show it.
Oh! Mike! He had almost forgotten!
Laiko suddenly jerked his head up and glanced toward the door, then turned back to Emma. "Hey, thanks a lot for all this..." He said sincerely, gesturing vaguely around him. "It was really great chatting to you, but I do think I should be going now... Mike should be looking for me, and I want to make sure he's okay..." Laiko trailed off, frowning slightly in worry at the thought of his dear friend. He wished Mike wouldn't wander off like that... He didn't know what he'd do if Mike was to get hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:08 pm

She bent over a lightly so that their eyes met. "Thats perfectly true." She smiled at him and straightened up. Her smile faded at his next words. She shook her head. "You can't go back out. Not until morning." She lowered her voice and took a step closer to him. "If you go, you won't come back. At least not entirely." She knew she wasn't making sense, butbshe had to keep him from going outside. "I know you're worried about your friend but I can't let you outside."
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Laiko glanced toward Emma with a frown at her words. He couldn't go back out until morning... Or he would not come back entirely? She couldn't let him go outside? What exactly was going on... "I... Don't understand." Laiko admitted uncertainly - watching the girl with a confused gaze. Of course, he believed every word out of her mouth as though they were written in stone, because that was simply the way Laiko was, but that did not help him to understand. This was confusing... He just wanted to get back to the boarding house. He had to. "Why can't I go out?" Laiko asked innocently, "Isn't there some way around it?" He watched her intently - awaiting an answer, and obviously not quite grasping the situation, although it would probably have been obvious even to a fool... But not to Laiko. Never to Laiko.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:21 pm

She sighed. "Of course you don't. No one ever does." Emma turned away from him, facing the window all the way now. "No, there's no way around it. It's just way to dangerous." She looked over her shoulder at him. "You should probably go to sleep. We have a guest room you can use." She headed for the stairs then looked back at him. "I know none of this makes sense...but it's for the best that you stay the night." She turned and headed up the stairs, opening the door to a nice cozy room. It was painted a light beige and the bed had a chocolate brown covers. There was a lamp next to it and a stand with a tv across from it. "I hope it's to your liking."
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Still completely confused, Laiko simply followed Emma and did as she said, since he wasn't sure what else to do. "Uh, okay..." Laiko agreed hesitantly, blinking in vague bewilderment. Why did she want him to stay anyway...? He hated having to sponge off a person he had just met - especially one as kindly as Emma. Well, the way she put it, he didn't really have a choice anyway... So he'd just accept it, and attempt to show his appreciation for her kindness as best he could.
Laiko followed Emma into the room and gazed around appreciatively. "It's great!" He enthused, glancing around happily. "I, uh... Well, thanks." He murmured, offering a grateful smile. "It's really nice of you to do all this for me." He trailed off, then looked around the room again - glad to distract himself. This was all rather confusing, and he just didn't know what to do. He didn't quite feel like himself in the absence of his usual confidence, which seemed to be dwindling with his uncertainty. If he could just understand the situation... He wished Mike was here to explain it to him...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:10 pm

She nodded and headed for the door. She stopped in the threshold and looked back at him. "You probably want me to explain, dont you?" She asked, leaning against the doorway. "I know I should but..." She trailed off, looking at him. She heaved a heavy sigh and walked over, sitting on the bed and patting the space next to her. "It's a long story, so you sould probably sit."
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 pm

"Oh, only if you want to." Laiko assured her with a smile, raising his hands in a submissive gesture. He really didn't want to cause her any discomfort... Seeing the people around him happy was so much more important to him than his own confusion anyway.
But - he was still curious.
Thus, Laiko walked over to Emma and, at her invitation, sat down beside her. He watched her attentively as he waited for her to explain, yet his gaze was soft and kind, showing that, should she change her mind, he was not going to insist that he told her about... Whatever this was. The topic seemed to upset her slightly from what he could tell, and he did not like that. He did not like that at all... "You don't have to do this, you know." He said suddenly, gazing earnestly at her with deep concern etched into his brilliant green gaze. "I mean, if you don't want to talk about it... Well, if you're happy - I'm happy." Laiko concluded in an intentionally cliche fashion, attempting to lighten the mood with a faint hint of humour. He grinned goofily at her, then raised his hand and cuffed her playfully on the back of the head. "C'mon, lighten up." He advised with a kind smile. "It'll be okay."
Laiko reached out then, and patted her back lightly - hoping to comfort her with the gesture. He just wanted everybody to be happy... It couldn't be any other way. Nobody could be the least bit upset if he had his say - especially a person as wonderful as Emma!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Emma sighed and shook her head, looking up at the ceiling. "No, you really should hear this. Dont worry about it though" She looked over at him, a twinkle in her eye. She smiled and elbowed him gently as he cuffed her on the head. "Im light as a feather!" She said to him, grinning. "Now...onto the story." She rubbed her hands together and looked at the floor, thinking of where to begin. "I suppose I'll start from the beginning." She closed her eyes and then opened them again, looking straight at him. "I...look. You are...soo nice. But I don't want you to think I'm a freak. This entire story is true but it's pretty...dark." She looked at him with worried eyes.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Laiko laughed quietly as Emma elbowed him in the side - glad to see that she was not as miserable as he had feared. he instantly cheered up, his usual bubbly expression returning to his face as he listened intently to her. "I suppose I'll start from the beginning. I...look. You are...soo nice. But I don't want you to think I'm a freak. This entire story is true but it's pretty...dark."
Laiko pondered over this for a moment, a thoughtful expression crossing over his face. "Well..." He began hesitantly, "As I said before, as long as you want to talk, I'll listen... And-" he paused for a moment here, seemingly stuck by an idea, "And, if it helps, I could fetch a torch from-" He broke off then, lapsing into thoughtful silence for a moment, then beginning to chuckle slightly. "Though I suppose since I can't go out, that wouldn't work... And, now I think about it, it probably wouldn't help either, would it...?" Laiko trailed off thoughtfully, considering once again what the girl had said. 'Dark'? He really did need to stop taking things so literally... "Well, go on then." He said suddenly, a reassuring smile flickering across his face. "I think I can take it."

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:05 pm

She laughed a bit. "Its not that kind of dark, I'm afraid." She shook her head, still smiling. "No, I could only wish it was." She sighed, then began.

"It happened about...oh, I dunno, 145 years ago. Anyways, it's was 1865. You probably know that was about the time of the American Civil War. Well, our little town sort of stayed out of it. Mostly because it was run by vampires." She stopped and sighed, then continued. "Yeah, it sounds crazy. But it's not those sparkly Twilight vampires. I'm talking cold, drink human blood, hate the sunlight vampires. They ruled the town with an iron fist. No one could leave the town without having their memory wiped so they wouldn't let the secret out. Those vampires then are still here now.

The reason no one can go outside is because if you're outside they can get you. But were safe in our houses because they can't come in without being invited. So that's why you can't go. There's much more I can tell you, but we'll save those for a rainy day. Or night." She looked over at him and smiled a bit nervously.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:55 am

((*flicks nose* How mean of you to make me wait so long - the suspense nearly killed me! Haha! Razz Just kidding. Wink Thank you for posting! I was worried my terrible writing skills of late had scared you off. Razz *high fives* ))

Laiko's cheerful expression gradually melted into a frown as the girl began to explain the situation. He understood now... 'Dark'. Very dark indeed... But- vampires?! He had never heard of such a thing. Of course, he did not for a moment doubt that Emma was telling the truth, but he was slightly bewildered and confused by the news of such things.
Laiko sat still, folding his hands in his lap and gnawing on his bottom lip in quiet contemplation. How should he feel about this? How did he feel about this? Frightened? No... Excited? A little... Well, he supposed it didn't really matter in any case. These 'vampires' could not get to him now, and he was seldom out at night anyway. Yet strangely, the idea of vampires did not worry him much. Somehow they just did not seem to prove a threat to him - yet he was unsure as to why.

Finally, Laiko realized that he had been silent a little too long, and he turned back to Emma with a casual smile. "Vampires..." He repeated thoughtfully "I guess that makes sense then." He paused a moment, then winked as he added "So I suppose I ought to thank you for inviting me in... It's probably saved my life, right?"

((Aaaaah, I had no idea what to type. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next