Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

!! Kissed by an Angel - Polo - Mature Content

3 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

!! Kissed by an Angel - Polo - Mature Content - Page 2 Empty Re: !! Kissed by an Angel - Polo - Mature Content

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:33 pm

(( XD I am the queen of unhelpfulness. Wink ))

Bruce frowned slightly at this, noting the handprint rising on the boy's cheek. But he chose to say nothing, since it was not his place to speak. Instead, he got to his feet and held out a hand for Philip. "Come on." He encouraged with a smile, taking the boy's hand and pulling him to his feet.
He cast about quickly for something - anything - to cheer the boy up and get his mind off his predicament. Unfortunately, the only thing that came to him was pathetically cliche. Still, since his creator couldn't think of anything better, he had no choice but to go for it.
"You've got something behind your ear..." He said with a frown, leaning over - then appearing to magically pull a small coin from behind Philip's ear. He offered it to him with a wink - one corner of his mouth lifting into a wry smile.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

!! Kissed by an Angel - Polo - Mature Content - Page 2 Empty Re: !! Kissed by an Angel - Polo - Mature Content

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:47 pm

((You. Are. xD Good thing I love you. o.o))

Phillip giggled (I did not almost put a smiley face there...) and took the coin happily. "That's so cool!" he said, immediately taking to Bruce, cheering up right away. "I'm Phillip! What's your name?" he asked, recognizing Bruce's face now that he wasn't concentrating on the fact that he didn't like Matt. "You did such a great job singing!" he said.

Ria finally made her way back to the kitchen, asking the chef if he had seen Phillip. He nodded his head and directed her towards the storage closet before heading back to his work. Once she had finished thanking him she rapped on the door quietly before saying, "Phillip. It's me, Ria. I'm coming in..." she said before gently twisting the knob and opening the door. But, what she saw wasn't what she had expected. There was a now completely viewable hand-print on his cheek, but he was laughing, and talking to Bruce. Cocking an eyebrow she knelt down next to Phillip who immediately almost tackled her to the ground in a hug. "Ri-Ri. I dun like daddie. He isn't nice..." he complained to her, clenching onto her hair with one fist, causing Ria to wince as he pulled on it. "Not... the... hair." she said, trying to keep her voice calm. Phillip immediately realized what he was doing and released her hair from his grasp. "I'm sorry Ri-Ri. I didn't mean to!" he said and she nodded quietly. "It's fine. I know. I'm going to take you home okay. You don't have to be near daddie if you don't want to." she said soothingly. Phillip nodded his head before pointing to Bruce. "He's funny. I like him. Can he come too?" he said, innocence filling his eyes causing Ria to laugh. "Sorry my Phillie Cheese-Steak. But he can't." she said ruffling his hair as he faked a pout, hoping he would get to see Bruce again later. Ria, carefully pulled herself to her feet, holding Phillip's hand in the process. "Thank you for cheering him up." she said quietly pushing her bangs out of her face since the rest of her hair was up. "I'm really sorry if he bothered you, Bruce." she said before turning to Phillip. "Come on, big boy. I'm taking you home." she said, turning around and nearly being pulled out the door by an anxious Phillip. "You sounded amazing tonight by the way..." she said before grasping Phillip's hand and pulling him back. "Gotta tell mom goodbye first, buddie." she said with a tiny, amused shake of her head.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

http://kaydeniro.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:04 pm

(( What a Face ))

Bruce grinned at Phillip's enthusiasm - glad that his pathetic excuse for a magic trick had made some difference. When Phillip introduced himself, Bruce smiled and answered, "I'm Bruce. And thanks..." He glanced away self consciously - rubbing his chin awkwardly at the thought of the singing. He rather wished he could just forget that incident...
Before he could say anything else, there was a knock at the door. Hearing Ria's voice, Bruce felt a jolt of nervousness - but thankfully she was too intent on Phillip to pay much attention to him.
Wait... How is that a good thing?
Of course, he wanted Ria to notice him. That was why he was here... But as it turned out, he was a little too shy to really want to speak to her.
He twiddled his thumbs awkwardly during the exchange between Ria and Phillip - and then suddenly she turned to him, causing him to jump slightly.
"Oh... Uh... No. No, not at all." He assured her, a slightly awkward chuckle escaping his lips.
Idiot! Stop 'uh'ing!
When Ria threw a final compliment about his singing, Bruce felt himself blush - and before he had managed to form any words of thanks, both Ria and Phillip had gone. Bruce sighed slightly, slumping back into the corner of the storage closet and twirling the coin between his fingers. Presently, a lone potato fell down. It bounced off his head, then rolled off onto the dusty floor. Bruce didn't even seem to notice it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:09 pm

((Time skip to next school day?))

After telling her mother that they were leaving she pulled out to her new house. Her room was the upstairs loft, Phillip had a room downstairs though. And, as he didn't like new places much she tucked him in before scurrying up the stairs and grasping her glass water guardian angel and handing it to him. "Just come upstairs to my room if you need me. Okay." she said to him, patting his head lightly before slipping up the stairs and changing into her pajamas.

Phillip lasted most of the night, until Matt and her mother returned home with Gregory in-tow. Matt, sounded horribly drunk. Greg, sounded pissed off, and her mother seemed to be perfectly fine with every. "Screw this money. I don't like this." she hissed to herself before rolling over and looking out the window at the night sky. Phillip scurried up to her room, and ended up spending the rest of the night beside her in her bed.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:13 pm

((Yep Smile ))

The next day, Bruce arrived at school - and as usual, he headed straight for the pool - keen to get in a quick practice before school. This time, his friends were merciful enough not to play any pranks - so by the time he had swum and changed back into his school clothes, he was still pretty early.
Yawning widely, he hitched his school bag over his shoulder and walked out into the courtyard - shivering as cold water dripped from his hair down his neck.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:25 pm

((xD I have something planned. It isn't how it goes in the book I don't think. But, it gives the same effect.))

Ria stirred that morning, slipping into a everyday dress that she had owned since a while before Matt had bestowed his money upon the family. It was an old dress, yes, but after a few alterations she had done on her own, it still looked completely like a newer dress. Something that might be in style. Maggie had forced her to wear a pair of black pumps and a black half-sleeve, loose sweater. Carefully she pulled up to the school and slid out of her car, her purse slung over her shoulder and books in her hand. Maggie, ran up to her in another dress, but for more flirting purposes, rather than the fact that Matt wouldn't let Ria leave the house unless she wore a dress this morning. His gaze a bit disturbing. But, now that they were at the school she was getting bombarded with questions about Gregory. Questions she didn't know the answers to, nor had any real want to try and figure them out. Such as "Does he snore or talk in his sleep?" and "Is he hott in a swimsuit?" Ria shuddered at the thought and was quite happy when Susanne showed up in her jeans and a light, flowing top to start and tell her about how her writing was going.

((xD But. It needs to happen during an english class. So he can either be in her english class, or having his swim class during that time. LOL))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:33 pm

((Cool. Smile ))

When the bell rang to signal the start of the school day, Bruce trotted through the stylish double doors into the school's entrance hall. He paused a moment to get his bearings, then turned to the right and began walking toward his English class, whistling a happy tune to himself, and singing along silently in his head.
I think I'll try defying gravity... Kiss me goodbye I'm defying gravity...
It had been stuck in his head for a while now, and try as he might, he couldn't get it out.
With a sigh, he entered the English class, and slumped down at his desk near the back, dropping his bag next to the chair and yawning wearily.
He wondered if Ria was taking this class as well...

((I should be asleep, but I'll keep sneaking on to post until I'm tired, as long as you're responding quickly. XD Don't be too surprised if I randomly vanish, though. From this point onwards, it is technically Polo's sleep time.))

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:38 pm

((Awww mann. e.e Not cool))

Ria sighed, slipping into the English class, both Maggie and Susanne following her. Today was the first day, and she had heard rumors about this teacher's strange antics. So, it was different, most definitely different. But, what she didn't expect was the look up to the board and get told that they all had to write poems and then recite them. In front of the class. On the high-dive board. It was supposed to make everyone get rid of their nerves for the rest of the year. But, Ria wasn't necessarily too fond of this idea. So, going up to the teacher she asked if there was any way she could do it without doing the high-diving board. But, the teacher told her if she didn't she would fail, even if she was deathly afraid of the water. She didn't have to go in the water, just on the board. So, quietly, she sat back down next to Maggie and Susanne, explaining what the teacher had said before starting on her poem. A poem about guardian angels.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:46 pm

((XD Typing from bed, so short replies. Try give me something to respond to when you post... So if my character isn't included in the scene, keep going until you reach a scene I can fit into. XD ))

Bruce was pleased when he saw that Ria was indeed in his English class - and even more pleased to hear about the interesting activity they would be doing. Although, he had to admit, he was terrified to read his poem out loud... Still, he wrote one - the first thing that popped into his head - and took it with him out to the pool, along with the rest of the class. He watched as, one by one, his classmates climbed up to the diving board and recited their poems.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:57 pm

((xD Oh. Trust me. you will be included. xDDDD))

Ria's body was almost completely ready to tremble as it became her turn. Maggie and Susanne shot her desperate looks as she slid her pumps off so she could be steadier on the diving board. Cautiously she climbed up to the top, praying the whole time to her angel. Angel. Please. Please don't let anything happen to cause me to fall. Please. Please don't let me fall... As she got up on the board, the teacher waved her on, until she was on the edge. And, just loud enough for the class to hear she recited her poem, concentrating on speaking more than the fact she was about 150ft from the water, and a good 20 more feet of water from the bottom of the pool. Once she finished, she turned on her heel, leaning back a little too much, causing the board to give as it would when someone were diving off of it and her whole body to slip. She held back a screech of fear as she clawed at the edge of the board, unable to keep much of a good hold on it as she hung there. A few minutes went by as she fought to pull herself back up the teacher telling her to just let go of the board. A few tears were starting to slid down her cheeks as she shook her head, a bit too hard, her fingers slipping and she tumbled into the water. Falling into the water a good fifteen feet. Her mind just vaguely recognized the screams of her two friends outside of the water.

Maggie lurched forwards when she saw Ria falling. "She can't swim! God. Somebody help her!" she said before turning towards the teacher. "This is your fault! If she dies I am suing you! She told you how afraid of the water she was and you still made her do this!" she screeched at the teacher as Susanne scurried to the edge of the pool, catching sight of Ria as she slid farther and farther down in the water, a lot of air bubbles filling the water and floating up. "Ria! Ria!" She said, knowing she wasn't a strong enough swimmer to even consider getting into the pool to save her and the rest of the class was just standing there in shock. Some, in shock that Ria had fallen into the water and couldn't swim, and the rest in shock that Maggie was dissing the teacher.

Ria's body just kept sinking until her vision started to black out. Water filling her lungs as she gave one last plea to her angel to save her.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:14 pm

The second he saw Ria fall, Bruce kicked off his shoes and dashed after her. His bare feet slipped on the slick, wet bricks surrounding the pool, but he didn't care. He threw himself into the water in a graceful dive, streaking forwards through the cool liquid in a streamlined shape. Within a few powerful strokes he had reached Ria. He slipped his one arm around her, under her arms, then swam quickly back to the surface, dragging Ria with him. He reached the edge of the pool, pulled her out, and laid her gently on the bricks - then bent down to listen for her breathing. Nothing.
Without even pausing to consider, Bruce began applying CPR - pressing on Ria's chest, then blowing air into her mouth in a desperate attempt to get the water out of her lungs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:23 pm

((xD That work for ya'? xD))

As Ria was brought back up from the water cheers filled the pool. But, when they saw her limp body everyone fell silent. The teacher, dumbfounded, stood there quietly. CPR lasted a few minutes before Ria's body stirred, her head lulling to the side as she took in a short breath, curling onto her hands and knees before coughing up the water. Her whole body shook with fear as she fought to catch her breath for a few minutes before she forced herself to sit up, taking in a few short breaths. Her mind registered "Be glad he saved her, Miss McGee. Or you would not be a very happy teacher when my dad sued you." she hissed, placing her hands on her hips as the teacher instructed her to go to the principal office. Susanne, slid over towards Ria's side, but kept enough distance unsure of how to handle it when Bruce was still there. Ria finally began to take in the scene around her, the blank stare gone from her eyes and replaced with the emotional turmoil. As she turned to look at Bruce she heard the teacher bark, "Susanne, go get Ria and Bruce some towels and clothes from the front office. Run if you have to!" And Susanne bolted off, gently patting Ria on the back. He was soaked also. He had been the one to save her? The angels had worked again and silently she thanked them before opening her mouth to speak to Bruce. "T-thank you..." she said, standing up a bit shakily and moving away from the edge of the pool, her trembling not ceasing both from the cold and the fear.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:32 pm

"Don't mention it." Bruce replied quietly, managing a weak smile. His face was creased with worry - the muscles in his jaw so tense they nearly twitched.
Are you okay?" He asked urgently, glancing her up and down in concern while he sat, panting, in a puddle of his own making. "That was quite a fall..." He murmured quietly, shifting forward just a little, and rubbing Ria's back to keep her warm.
After a shock like that, hypothermia could easily set in if she wasn't kept very warm.
"Do you feel tired at all?" Bruce asked gently, still rubbing her back warmly while he waited for the towels to arrive. He seemed to have forgotten the rest of the class completely. His ankle was bruised and bleeding from where he had hit it on the side of the pool while diving in, but Bruce hadn't noticed this yet - he was so intent on Ria.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Ria bit her lip, closing her eyes as she felt his hand rubbing her back. Her eyes opened again though when he asked if she was okay. "Physically fine. Just a little cold..." she whispered, glancing back to the class every now and then, wrapping her arms around her waist to try and keep herself warm. Was she tired? "Slightly..." she finished, closing her eyes again and not moving much. But, when she opened her eyes again, looking towards the ground she noticed the blood coming from his ankle. "But. Shouldn't you be worried about your ankle..." she whispered as she saw Susanne coming in, almost tripping over her own feet with the towels. "Here." she said handing both of them towels and then the clothes. "I'm sorry Ria..." she whispered, understanding the story perfectly. She knew she wasn't fine, but she didn't say anything, figuring Ria would explain if she felt fit. The teacher came back into the conversation, ordering the rest of the class back to the classroom, and then telling the two of them to come back if they felt okay with it.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:00 am

When Ria mentioned his ankle, Bruce frowned in confusion, and glanced toward his feet. "Well would you look at that..." He murmured in wonderment, eyes widening in surprise. He sat down on the ground, peeling off his wet sock - then he winced at the sight of the blood. "Ah, crap, that hurts..." He complained, biting his lip. "How did I not notice...?" He poked his ankle experimentally, then cringed away from the pain. He didn't bother hiding pain. It hurt - so why should he pretend it didn't? To be 'manly'? Ha!
At that moment, Bruce's thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of Suzanne with the towels. He brushed off the one offered to him - focusing his attention on Ria. "Okay, Ria, I want you to listen to me closely." He murmured gently, "There's a strong chance you're in shock, so we've got to get you warmed up quickly - and whatever you do, you mustn't sleep. Just tell me if you start feeling any sleepier, okay?
Suzanne..." He held his hand out for the towel, and when she gave it to him, he wrapped it around Ria's shoulders and began rubbing her again - trying to keep her warm.
He was starting to get a little chilly himself now that the adrenaline was wearing off, but he didn't care.
Once he was satisfied that Ria was considerably warmer, he turned to Suzanne. "Will you get her into some dry clothes?" He requested politely, "And keep her very warm afterwards. If she starts getting sleepy, or if she looks any worse, come find me. I did some work as a lifeguard once, so I know about this stuff." He smiled slightly, then took the towel meant for him, and wrapped it around his shoulders.
"Right... I'm gonna change and get this ankle sorted." He decided, pulling a face.
Honestly, he was very worried about his ankle. Nationals was less than two weeks away... If it was badly injured- No, he refused to even think of that.
Shuddering slightly, Bruce gathered the dry clothes, then took a careful step. Pain knifed through him, and he almost lost his balance. "Must've twisted it..." He grunted through his pain - forcing a quiet laugh. He sighed, then glanced back toward Ria.
"Ria, I'm leaving you with Suzanne now - but I'm going to be close by if you need anything, all right?" He smiled briefly, then began hobbling off toward the change room, clutching the wire mesh fence around the pool area for support.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:45 am

When he asked Susanne to help Ria get into some drier clothes she agreed, wanting to do anything to help. She winced slightly at the pain he seemed to be in before moving to Ria's side and rubbing her with the towel. Ria seemed out of it, but not wanting to be a burden with the situation, at least not with Bruce around. Ria honestly felt horrible for making someone have to jump into the pool after her. "Thanks..." she said to Bruce just before he went out of sight. Once he could no longer see them susanne held the towel while Ria very shakily stood up, slipping into the school sweatpants and peeling the wet, clingy dress off of herself, allowing it to drop to the floor before dropping the school shirt over her shoulders so it was on her just right. Then, Susanne folded the wet towel, replacing it with a dry one and continued to rub her sides. But, Ria seemed to be very willing to give into the exhaustion right now as she leaned her cold body against Susanne's shoulder. Hadnt he told her to go and get him if she got worse or any sleepier. "Ria. No. Stay awake. Please" Susanne said, her voice slightly frantic. But when Ria shook her head, pulling the dry, warm towel tightly around her before closing her eyes Susanne frantically stood up, slapping Ria who let out a growl of protest and opened her eyes. "Im just tired, Susie. Can i sleep. Please?" Ria questioned. Susanne shook her head. "You arent supposed to... Hypothermia or something..." she said before adding, "ill be right back" then she scurried off in the direction she had seen Bruce disappear. When she couldnt find him she listened for rustling and finally heard it, knocking on that door. "Bruce. She wont stay awake... Im worried..." she said through the door, her voice a bit shaky.

Ria rolles her eyes. Hypothermia or whatever didnt change the fact that she was exhausted. Silently, she rolled onto her side, curling up and still trembling horribly. "Guardian angel, watch over me..." she whispered before allowing her eyelids to droop shut and sleep to fill her system. She was just tired after all, what harm could it do?
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:00 am

"Coming!" Bruce called as soon as he heard Suzanne's voice. He wrestled himself into a dry shirt - struggling to get it to stop sticking to his wet skin - then grabbed the crutches that he had picked up at the nurse's office, and swung himself over to the door in two quick bounces. He kicked it open, then tightened his grip on the crutches and bounded quickly to Ria's side. Thankfully, he had broken his leg once when he was younger, so he was pretty quick on crutches.
He reached Ria's side just as she was drifting off - dropped the crutches with a loud clatter and quickly slapped her awake.
"Hey!" He shouted angrily, "I said no sleeping! You're in shock, stupid! Your body's natural reaction is to sleep to protect itself - conserving the energy lost from such a fright..." He went on explaining the science behind it, more to keep Ria awake than because it was really important... It wasn't. "But the fact that you want to sleep means that your body is trying to put itself into a coma in order to 'repair' you, and we do not want that, understood? So no sleeping!" He poked her shoulder viciously, then grabbed her hand and began lifting her to her feet. "Come on. Come with me - I want to take you somewhere."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:09 am

Ria recognized the clattering sound but barely moved until she felt a harsh slap again. Her eyes snapped open a low growl on her lips. He spoke about the hypothermia and mentioned a coma. Biting her lip she gently shook her head. No she didnt necessarily wish to go into a coma. But she did want to sleep. When he poked her shoulder she winced away, unsure if she liked him at all anymore before she was nearly yanked to her feet. "Please. I just want to sleep..." she whispered. "It didnt hurt anything the first time..." she added, referring back to something only Susanne understood. Susanne simply said, "you arent five anymore. Okay..." then another student came in and ordered Susanne back to class, hesitantly she obliged but only because Bruce was there. "Dont let her die on us..." Susanne said to him before she left the room "Im not going to die. Geeze. Im just cold and i want to sleep!" Ria huffed, but followed Bruce obediantly, too tired to put up a fight.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:15 am

"Yeah, Ria, that's the problem." Bruce scolded, tightening his grip on her hand and tugging her along with him. "You know I did some work as a lifeguard once, and I know it can turn nasty if you let yourself go to sleep, okay? I know you don't want to hear it - nobody ever does - and I know you're probably pissed with me right now, but I know what's best, so you gotta listen." He flashed a teasing grin, elbowing her in the ribs. Then he grabbed his crutches, and limped along beside Ria as he led her toward the cafeteria. When they got there, he bought a chocolate bar, then took it over to Ria and slapped it into her hand. "Go on, eat." He encouraged with a friendly smile. "You'll feel better - chocolate is great for shock."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:21 am

Ria sighed as he went on about the lifeguard thing. "If somebody slaps me one more time..." she muttered, rolling her eyes before getting elbowed in the ribs and wincing away slightly in distaste. When he came back with the chocolate bar she took it, watching it carefully as if it were poisioned before delicately peeling the wrapper off and taking a tiny bite. "Does the start of every paragraph you say to me going to corralate with you as a lifeguard?" she questioned, cocking an eyebrow. Yes, she was glad he had been there, but now he wasnt letting her sleep, claiming he knew what was best for her and everything and it was just pissing her off.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:00 pm

"Hey, I only mentioned that once. Last time I was talking to Susanne." He pointed out, a slightly teasing smile on his face. He knew that she was annoyed with him - and it stung a little, but he wouldn't let her know that. He just had to make sure she was okay - that was the main priority.
"Do you want me to complain about my ankle instead?" He asked helpfully, "I could do that, you know. Or I could talk about sports, or the weather..." He trailed off, yawning vaguely, and shifted into a more comfortable position on the hard plastic chair - staring out of the cafeteria window.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Ria sighed, "or. You could let me sleep," she said before taking another tiny bite of the candy bar. "But if you must talk, talk about yourself. I might as well get to know the guy who saved me..." she whispered, holding back a yawn and closing her eyes for a few seconds. Yea. She might as well get to know the guy the angels chose to save her...
Ria shifted a little, wrapping the towel a little tighter as the air-conditoner kicked in. "And ill answer pretty much any questions if you have any..." she said as she looked away before munching again on the candy bar, her trembling beginning to slow down. But, she looked horribly exhausted. She was fighting to keep her eyes open, and doing that just tired her our more.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:32 pm

"I've already explained to you why I can't let you sleep." Bruce pointed out amiably, twiddling his thumbs as he watched Ria nibble on the chocolate. When she suggested that he talk about himself, Bruce was somewhat stumped. There really wasn't much to say about him... "Well..." He began, scratching his head uncertainly. "I'm pretty ordinary, so... There's not much I can say..." He trailed off with a shrug, glancing away self consciously.
But then, Ria's next comment saved him.
"And ill answer pretty much any questions if you have any..."
"Just one!" Bruce responded quickly, holding up a single finger.
He took a deep breath, then tilted his head slightly to one side, and smiled at Ria.
"Wanna catch a movie with me sometime?"
Lame. Cliche. His inner voice chided him, but Bruce ignored it - subtly crossing his fingers under the table.
Please don't shoot me down... He begged silently, I don't know how much more rejection I can take...

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Ria shook her head, managing a tiny laugh as she sat there. It was a weak laugh, but a laugh all the same. "I don't see why not..." she said quietly with a tiny shrug. He was pretty normal? He had just saved her life, pretty normal was the students staring in shock. "Well, other than being a lifeguard, a wedding singer, and a waiter, what do you do?" she said, trying hard to keep herself awake, mostly so she didn't get slapped again as she was tired of receiving the blow, and she completely understood how Phillip had felt.

((xD Something to put. Something to put... o.o He should ask her what Susanne was talking 'bout with the five years old comment. XD))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Ria's reply was not exactly enthusiastic, but it was a 'yes' - and that was all that Bruce had hoped for. A subtle smile lifted his lips, though inwardly he was jumping for joy. Although he had had many admirers in the past, the girls he liked never seemed to like him... This was the first time one had actually agreed to go out with him.
"Well, I'm only a lifeguard in the holidays to bring in some extra cash... And I'm no wedding singer - I'm just the unlucky guy who agrees to hold a guitar, then gets thrown up on stage..." He shrugged slightly, then shook his head and chuckled. "That could have been a disaster..." He trailed off - then suddenly remembered the original question. "Ah, right... Uh... I don't do much else. I mean, I swim... I've got nationals in just under two weeks." He pulled a face, then added, "Assuming my ankle is okay, of course..."
Sighing slightly, Bruce fell silent - his usual cheerfulness seeming to waver slightly. He had been so looking forward to Nationals...
After the silence had dragged on a while, Bruce felt a sudden urge to break it.
"Hey..." He piped up, frowning questioningly, "What was Susanne talking about earlier? Something about when you were five...?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next