Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's VERY short RP. For real this time. (Mature)

2 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's VERY short RP. For real this time. (Mature) - Page 39 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's VERY short RP. For real this time. (Mature)

Post  Dreambug Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:07 am

Claire listened to Sloan's speech with growing frustration. Funny, she thought she understood the man's point, but he was talking as if he'd thought of all that before. Was it really as complicated as he was making it out to be? Was it as simple as she made it out to be? Really, she didn't know. But this guy annoyed her, and there was no denying that.
"Believe me when I say that I can see myself spending the rest of my life with that man. And forever is a long time to spend with the wrong person. If I'm in, I'm in it for good. If I'm out, then I've got to get out before I can cause any more damage... He's not going to end this himself, even if it does reach the point that it's making him f*cking miserable. It's all on me."
She cocked her head in a pondering fashion, considering his point. Truth be told, Dane probably didn't have it in him to end a relationship, but if he seriously didn't want to be in one, eventually he would show the signs. Claire didn't know how he was as a boyfriend, because he'd never been one before. But by the way Sloan talked of him, he was pretty amazing. That didn't surprise her.
But still, why was Sloan telling her all this? Had she completely missed a point for him to be getting so peeved at her? Maybe she didn't understand... But by the sound of it, she didn't think he understood himself all that much either.
" So let me ask you one more time: Am I right for Dane, or am I not?"
"Why are you getting so pissed at me?" She snapped, feeling rather patronised at being spoken to like a little child. She was twenty-five, for goodness' sake! She was older than him! "Do you want me to say 'no'? Is that it? You want me to be the one to decide whether Dane should have his heart broken or not? Asshole." She clenched her jaw, turning away from him to gaze at the horse in the field again. "Let me guess, you've already had this conversation with Dane but he didn't give you the answer you wanted to hear, so you came to me. Well, screw you. Accept what you've already been told."
Without answering his question she sighed, crossed her arms and rested on the gate again.
"I don't know your relationship with Dane all that well, and I don't know you. But..." Her voice calmed slightly. "Before he met you he was... Vulnerable Shy. I felt I had to protect him because I was scared that the smallest breeze would push him over, and he'd get hurt. He never went anywhere, and I only saw him truly comfortable around the horses. His father's death and the fact that his mum moved to Australia and left him behind really knocked him about. But since he's been with you - and I hate to say this, but - I've seen a confidence in him that wasn't there before. He's not afraid to talk to people, and even his work with the horses has improved. Everything about him; the way he stands, talks, looks is all so much better than before, like he's seen the world from a new perspective."
She spoke as if it irritated her, which it did, but she was glad Dane had finally found something worth living for. Fair enough, he'd obviously been alive before he'd met Sloan, but he wasn't living his life. He was doing the same thing every day, telling himself he was happy. But now... Well, he was like a completely different person, but in a good way.
"If that doesn't make you worthy I don't know what would."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's VERY short RP. For real this time. (Mature) - Page 39 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's VERY short RP. For real this time. (Mature)

Post  Dreambug Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:08 am

(XD Well Dane obviously won't slap him again, will he? Razz))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:23 am

((Fair enough. And he needed a good slapping. Asshole. XD ))

Sloan raised his head defiantly at Claire's snappy retort, but he didn't defend himself. He didn't believe he deserved defending, really. He had basically trambled his dignity into sludge in the last few minutes, and he was not feeling very proud of himself.
Still, finally, he got what he wanted from Claire.
He was an asshole. But more importantly, he was a self sabotoor. That was what he was doing here - trying to screw up a good thing, because it had become too good, and he didn't feel like he deserved it any more.
What was it that his mother had said? 'Nobody will ever love you until you learn to love yourself'. But Dane loved him. He was the one who was having these doubts...

He looked up as Claire spoke again, and as she went on to describe the changes she'd seen in Dane, slowly, Sloan's face began to show dawning comprehension. Then, even more slowly, a subtle light returned to his eyes.
He had made a difference after all. Maybe not now - but at least before, he had been good for Dane.
It was simple then, really... The right thing to do.
He would stay with Dane, because it was true that Dane still loved him, and rather than fearing the future - he would wait for the day Dane started to realize that Sloan was not right for him. Then, and only then, would he end it.
Still, thinking ahead with that outlook, the future seemed bleak - and Sloan knew that he would struggle to carry on.
Maybe, then, it was best to take Claire's advice, and get his sh*t together before he lost the best thing that had ever happened to him?
What the f*ck am I doing here...? He wondered suddenly, I'm standing here, trying to figure out how best to give up - and it never occurred to me to actually try to succeed...
Is it really that I think I'm not good enough? Or am I just so f*cking scared to fail that I won't even try?
She's right. I'm f*cking pathetic, and I've got to get my act together. Instead of moping about the fact that I'm not good enough for Dane, I'll just become the best f*cking thing he could possibly have.

"Claire," He said simply, "Thank you."
He offered an apologetic smile, nodded briefly to her, then turned and walked back toward the stables.
I'm not going to screw up again. I'm going to get this right.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 am

Claire nodded to him, glad to see some sense back in his face, and her expression relaxed. It was about bloody time that idiot started to see the light. She was sure that if hed broken up with Dane over all this then she'd have been forced to kill him, and that certainly wouldn't do.
Besides, who'd ride that b*tch of a Dart horse if she killed him?
She grunted at him, then unbolted the gate and entered the field. Then something stopped her.
"Yo, Sloan?" She turned back to him. "Theo left a note on the desk in the office yesterday morning, and I saw him leaving with a black and blue face. He wouldn't tell me what happened, just that he'd gone to get the ponies and he was leaving." She crossed her arms and tweaked a lip upwards, looking faintly amused. Sloan didn't look capable of beating a guy up, but maybe that was just because she didn't know him all that well.
"I don't suppose you could tell me what happened?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:55 am

"Hm?" Sloan asked, turning back to face Claire with one eyebrow slightly raised. "Theo?" He smirked at the memory, "We had a little chat yesterday, sure. And maybe I kicked the stuffing out of him a little bit - but he deserved it. Hell, he deserved to have his face peeled off and fed to a wolf, but I didn't have a wolf with me, so..." He trailed off, shrugging vaguely.
"Nobody screws with Dane and gets away with it." He explained simply, "Not while I'm around."
He smiled briefly at Claire, then turned away again - continuing on to the stables.
He really couldn't bring himself to dislike Claire any more. She had certainly earned his respect...
Now if he could just convince himself to do the same, he'd be all set.

He arrived back at the arena just in time for his first lesson of the day, and he had one of his riders crying within the first five minutes.
Sloan was back. The determination was evident in his face, and for the first time in a long time, he didn't look ready to roll over and give in. It was time to suck it up and do it right - starting with his job.
And to Sloan, 'tough' was the only way to teach.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:29 am

Claire smirked at his answer, at first not having picked up with what Theo had actually done to deserve the beating. She knew he was a prick to begin with, she'd never liked to see him and Dane hanging around, but she'd figured Dane got along with him fine then she wouldn't intefere.
So... What had he done?
She was about to answer, but Sloan had already disappeared back up towards the road. Frowning, she turned back and whistled to the horse, unbuckling the throat lash of the head collar.

Dane had just finished emptying the big barrel of manure into the muck heap, and when he came back down to the stables, sweat shining on his brow, he headed straight for the arena. There, he spotted one of the pupils sat on her pony crying, and shook his head.
Sloan was most certainly back.
He wandered over and stopped next to the man, leaning over the fence beside him to watch the other riders. "Let me guess, she didn't keep her heels down?" He murmured, hiding the smirk from his lips. "Or did her pony stop for a farting spree?"
He went on, not actually asking for an explanation, only teasing, and nudged Sloan's upper arm with his elbow. "You up for a quick session tonight? I could do with some pointers. Sasha's started bucking on the transition to canter and I don't really know why." He frowned at one of the schooling ponies, which seemed to have put the breaks on altogether, not moving an inch even when it's rider smacked it hard on the rump with a riding crop.
"If you want me to show that one what for, give me a shout. I know he has his moments where he won't even trot sometimes, even if you get the lunge whip out."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:00 pm

"Dane!" Sloan exclaimed happily, turning to face his boyfriend with a grin. After all that had happened, he was glad to see Dane. Sloan grabbed him around the neck, and pulled him into a rough half-hug - then shoved him away again.
"Don't worry about it." He said, "These kids have got to learn. That kid's new - if she has too much trouble, I'll chuck one of my other riders on the pony."
He considered them for a moment, ignoring his crying rider, then barked a few instructions to the child on the napping pony.
Once she had stopped beating the poor animal, and put her legs on properly as Sloan instructed, the pony picked up a pokey trot again.
"I'm so sick of teaching beginners." Sloan muttered irritably to Dane, "I do so much better with advanced riders - but most of my advanced group moved stables when I went away." He rolled his eyes, then called a few more instructions to his group.
The girl who had been crying had stopped now, and was trying a great deal harder. When Sloan gave the instruction to canter on, he watched her sharply, and was pleased to see her sit back and squeeze with her outside leg, rather than leaning forward into the transition as she had been doing.
"Nice one, Katie!" He called, and the girl's face split into a wide grin.
"They pretend they hate me, but they don't really." He said smugly, casting Dane a sideways glance. "Now go on, let me teach. I'll see you at five on Sasha, okay? Bring spurs and a schooling whip... And find out for me when last her saddle was fitted."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Dane yelped in surprise, nearly losing his footing with he was yanked sideways into a hug, his eyes wide, but once he realised what Sloan was doing he grinned again. Goodness knows where the man's good mood had come from, but Dane certainly wasn't going to complain.
He nodded when Sloan mentioned the napping pony, agreeing that it would be best to put one of the other riders on it. Someone would have to learn how to make it move somehow, since Dane already knew.
He watched the riders as Sloan talked, secretly impressed by their ability. They were fairly good for beginners, in fact, their positions were almost as good as the advanced riders, if perhaps a little bit unstable. But the ponies were safe and they weren't doing anything insanely difficult. Hell, even the girl who'd been crying before was doing really well.
"Don't worry, by the way you're going, this lot will be just as advanced in about a month's time." He winked, shooting his boyfriend a grin. "I'll see you then." He said, turning his back on the arena and running his hand roughly through Sloan's hair, pulling his fringe forward right from the back of his head, giving him a scruffy 'Justin Bieber' style.
"Hey, if they love you any more I'll have to tell them about my 'roast potato' metaphor." He muttered cheekily. "I bet you won't have another crying then for weeks, no matter what mood you're in."
Grinning, he shoved Sloan playfully and fled from the arena, back to his job.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:16 pm

"If you compromise my authority, I'll kill you." Sloan shouted after Dane, though he couldn't help but grin. He brushed his fringe back, quickly fixing it, then shook his head and turned back to his lesson.

The rest of the day was relatively uneventful. He had a couple of falls, and one lame pony - but overall, nothing too out of the ordinary. When he finished his last lesson, he found that it was a little after five, since he'd taken some extra time to help a girl with a bucking pony.

He arrived at the other arena about ten minutes late for Dane's 'lesson'. He was quite tired, and a little cranky - but he was still in a good enough mood to give his boyfriend a decent lesson.
"How's she going?" He called as he walked over to the fence, watching Dane walk Sasha around the arena. "Bring her over here, would you? I want to check her saddle before we start."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:37 am

"Fine so far." Dane called, clicking her into a trot until she reached his boyfriend. "She's as unbalanced as ever, but she seemed alright." He halted her, patted her neck and dismounted to allow Sloan to sort out the saddle.
It was the first time Sloan had ever been late to a lesson, but Dane was unfazed. This wouldn't take too long, anyway. He just needed some pointers.
"She hasn't had it checked in months." He informed Sloan, brushing his hand over her white mohawk. He paused for a moment, then muttered, "How've you been today? I've missed you."
It had only been nine hours since they last talked, but he was smiling flirttiously, despite the awful timing.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:50 am

Sloan ducked under the fence when Dane trotted Sasha up to him, and walked up to the horse, cooing softly to her, and patting her shoulder in greeting.
He waited for Dane to get off, then quickly unbuckled the girth, and swung the saddle off the mare's back. He grunted in assent upon hearing that it hadn't been checked for months, and quickly checked the tree and flocking.
"It definitely needs a reflock-" He began muttering, but then Dane cut him off.
"How've you been today? I've missed you."
He glanced at Dane with a faint smile, then saw the flirtatious expression on his face, and shook his head in amusement.
"Keep it in your pants, buddy." He teased, slapping Dane playfully in the back of the head with his saddle-free hand, "I'm working."
He smiled at Dane a moment longer, feeling rather fond of his boyfriend, then quickly shrugged it off, and placed the saddle back on the mare.
He checked it over carefully, then turned back to Dane.
"This is your problem." He said, motioning for Dane to step closer.
"She's put on weight, so now the saddle is blocking her shoulders, and it's throwing your weight back. It's also a little long, so it presses on her last rib. That'll be why she's bucking. So if we get a wider gullet put in, or get her weight down a little, she should be fine. Anyway, hop back up, and just hide her in a light seat for now."
He patted Sasha again, then did up the girth, and turned back to Dane with a little grin.
"I missed you, too." He said, giving his boyfriend a subtle peck on the cheek.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:20 am

Dane grinned stupidly, accepting the swat to the head. He had to admit, he enjoyed teasing with Sloan as much as he loved making out with him ((*facepalm*)). After a few moments he calmed down and stepped towards his boyfriend, nodding seriously.
It made sense, Sasha's movements weren't very fluent anyway, the saddle obviously wasn't doing her any favours either.
She hadn't been bothered by it before, but then again, maybe she had put on weight. It was sometimes difficult to tell,with her being a cob and she was broad all the time, but it would explain the random spooks and the bucking.
He was about to turn and mount her again, but a kiss on his cheek stopped him. Blushing, he bit his lip and turned back towards his boyfriend, holding back a grin. He paused for a moment, eyes twinkling, then moved closer to Sloan as if her were about to kiss him back.
But instead, his lips trailed to Sloan's ear, and he whispered, " I'll only keep it in my pants if you keep it in yours." He teased, breathing onto Sloan's neck, then he added, "Mister Roast Potato."
Grinning, he quickly mounted Sasha again and clucked her away, sending her back onto the track.
"You know you love me, mate." He called, chuckling away.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:36 am

"Don't ruin it." Sloan scolded, grinning broadly. He folded his arms, leaning against the fence and watching with one raised eyebrow as Dane remounted Sasha.
"You know you love me, mate." Dane called over his shoulder as he trotted away. Sloan couldn't help but laugh at this, shaking his head in amusement. "I don't!" He shot back, still grinning.
Smiling happily to himself, he vaulted onto the fence, and watched Dane trot Sasha around.
He called out a few instructions as he watched, but for some reason, he still couldn't stop grinning.
"Give her a canter for me!" He called, "But keep a light seat. Get off her back."
My cheeks hurt...
At this thought, Sloan dropped his gaze and chuckled to himself, grinning wider than ever.
What the hell is wrong with me?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:54 am

At the order to canter, Dane couldn't help but chuckle. He wasn't stupid, he could hear the smile in Sloan's voice. Honestly, he wasn't sure what it was that had made Sloan so happy that day, especially after all the lessons he'd been teaching. He'd usually be biting Dane's head off by now.
He gave Sasha the aid to canter, moving his inside leg forward slightly, sitting as lightly in the seat as he could manage, and clucked the mare onwards. she snorted and rushed off into a quick - and highly uncomfortable - trot, tucked her head between her knees and threw her rump into the air. Dane topped just slightly but then recovered in time for the next buck.
He sat back and yanked her head up, and slowed her trot back down, then asked again. She hesitated again, bucked, but this time he was ready for her. He tapped her rump with his crop the minute he felt her backside rise and she fell into a clumsy canter. He arose in his sturrups as instructed, not too high but high enough to get his weight off her back, and shot Sloan a pleased grin.
"How was that?" He asked, noticing Sloan's grin back at him, then asked jokingly, "Are you drunk, or something?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:08 am

"Pay attention to your horse!" Sloan shot back, still grinning. He watched Sasha a while longer, then called to Dane, "Bring her back. She's quite sore - probably best not to ride her until Jane gets that saddle fixed. I'll tell her, if you like."
He hopped down off the fence, winced slightly at a jab of pain in his leg, then limped over to Dane, and patted Sasha's neck. "Poor girl." He commented, scratching her behind the ear. Sasha sighed, lowering her head to rest it against his chest.
He had always liked Sasha. He wasn't a cob fan, but she was a nice, sporty type. He couldn't stand the thought of seeing her ruined by a badly fitting saddle.
"Put her away." He concluded, giving the mare one last pat. "Then get Arch, if you like. I haven't had a chance to ride Dart yet, so maybe we can work them together?" He smiled hopefully - rather excited by the idea of taking a ride with his Dane and his Dart. Besides, late evening was his favourite time to ride - when it was just starting to get dark, and a little cold. It always made him feel oddly confident and inspired...
Damn, but I'm in a good mood... What the hell happened since this morning?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:19 am

Dane scratched Sasha's withers affectionately and dismounted, before leading her over to Sloan. He had to agree, she wasn't herself. It would be best if he allowed her to take a rest before he rode her again, but next time, it would hopefully be with a better saddle.
He ran up her stirrup and listened to Sloan's suggestion, nodding in approval. Yes... A good ride on Archie would be refreshing. He'd missed riding that horse.
"Alright," he agreed, patting Sasha's neck, and allowing her to get her breath back. Bless her, he really did like her. He hoped once her jumping had improved that he'd be able to show her, since she definitely had that jumpers rump, and a decent spring to her.
Dressage, however, wasn't her strong point.
"I'll see you in ten." He said, ruffling Sloan's hair cheekily before leading Sasha back to her stable.

He arrived back at the schooling arena with Archie - who seemed to be on a mission that day, by the way he was walking - and let himself in. Archie was feeling slightly mischievous that day, since he'd not been schooled in a while, and kept gnawing at his bit and swishing his tail excitedly. Chuckling, Dane scratched the gelding's shoulder and started walking him around, waiting patiently for Sloan and the mad Dart horse to appear.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:41 am

It took Sloan slightly longer than usual to tack Dart up, because she was so excited she kept dancing around and kicking out at him when he tried to put her boots on. Eventually he led her out of her stable, his limp considerably more pronounced after her hoof had nicked him in the thigh, and took her over to the mounting block to mount up.
He unfastened his prosthetic leg, and hauled himself onto the mare's back, then grabbed a handful of mane to brace himself for the excited leap forward he knew was coming.
Obviously Dart loved this time of day, too.
Chuckling to himself, Sloan clucked to his mare, and sat quietly as she jogged and pranced over to the arena, where they met Dane and Archie.
"Ready?" He asked, his smile quickly returning at the sight of his boyfriend mounted on Archie.
"I thought we could take a ride through the forest." He said, releasing his reins slightly as his mare squealed and bolted over to Archie.
"Dart..." He scolded, but he didn't have the heart to punish the horse when she was actually being sociable for once.
Clearly, Archie's persistence had paid off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:51 am

Dane saw Dart coming from a mile away, since the excitable pounding of her hooves was audible right from her stable. Sloan seemed totally unfazed by her, obviously he was used to riding her, even with only half of one of his legs, and didn't even scold her when she leapt towards Archie.
Archie snorted in surprise and sniffed her face cautiously - she must have given him quite a beating in the field - and slowly moved his muzzle to the top of her neck and licked it affectionately. Obviously, he hadn't socialised with the other horses much.
"The forest sounds good." Dane agreed, walking Arch out of the school and back to Dart's side. It was good weather and a good time for a ride in the forest, and Dane could tell the sunset would look good through the leaves in the trees. There weren't many places to canter along, but he wasn't too bothered. Hell, it had been too long since the two had gone on a ride together, and he certainly wasn't going to turn it down.
"She never changes, does she?" Dane chuckled, nodding towards Dart. Then, after a while he shook his head in amusement and started walking Archie towards the trail that led to the woods.
"So... Is this a date?" He teased, shooting Sloan flirtatious look. "Or are you still at work."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:01 am

Sloan hushed Dart, and eventually she settled into a flat-footed walk beside Archie, stretching her neck out in front of her and stepping out elegantly with her long legs. He talked quietly to his mare for a while, then glanced up at Dane's question.
"So... Is this a date? Or are you still at work."
He grinned at this, shaking his head, and took one hand off his reins to shove Dane's shoulder roughly. He paid for this, though, because Dart took advantage of his lapse in attention, and exploded forward into a powerful buck.
"Hey!" Sloan yelped, quickly sitting back, and gathering up his reins.
"If I survive to the end of it, let's call it a date." He replied, laughing.
"Now come on!" He clucked to Dart, and she launched into a canter, which Sloan quickly collected.
The mare got her hocks under her, and weaved easily between the trees - perfectly balanced between her rider's hands and leg. ((XD))
It was good practice for Dart, because she knew that if she didn't concentrate, she'd take a tree to the face. And although she was a little mad, at least she was intelligent.
"What's the matter, Dane?" Sloan shot over his shoulder, grinning deviously, "Keep up!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 am

"Oi!" Dane chuckled, grabbing the pommel to keep his balance. Archie shook his head, causing his short mane to stick up in all directions, and stretched his head out, totally calm to say that Dart had suddenly leapt into a bucking fit.
Dane burst out laughing. "I'm counting on that. You know what happens at the end of a date, right?" He added suggestively, winking st his boyfriend, but Sloan didn't notice, because after scolding Dart for bucking, the mare leapt off into a canter through the woods. Archie snorted in surprise and leapt into a steady canter after her, feeling rather left behind, and weaved around the trees carefully.
"Shut up!" Dane chuckled, "You're on an insane thoroughbred. Leave poor Archie alone!"
Archie snorted, picking up the pace just to keep Dart's company, his heavy feet thudding on the soft ground. He arrived just behind her, his large ears pricked forwards.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:27 am

"I'm counting on that. You know what happens at the end of a date, right?"
Sloan uttered a bark of laughter at this, but when he tried to shoot a devious glance back at Dane, he got slapped in the face by a tree branch, and quickly ducked to avoid any more.
That served him right, really, he shouldn't be thinking like that. ((Horny bastard. XD ))
He clucked Dart on, and just grinned when Dane defended Archie's sedate gait.
"Excuses excuses!" He teased, glancing briefly back again, then quickly turning his head forwards, because he could still taste blood from the last stupid tree branch.
He kept Dart cantering for a while, and finally slowed her when they reached the lake.
He halted the mare, and surveyed the area with a certain fondness. He had good memories of this place...
At this thought, he looked over at Dane, and smiled sweetly.
Damn it, Dane. I f*cking love you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:56 am

Dane winced when he watched Sloan take a few branches to the face, and learned from this by bowing his head to dodge them when they came his way. Thankfully Archie wasn't quite going as fast as Dart, and he had the sense to dodge the scarier looking trees before Dane had to.
The two raced for a few moments, the evident winner advancing right from the start, until they both slowed to a halt at the lake.
Dane remembred that lake, he remembered the night they'd swam together in that lake before Sloan went to America, the feeling of dread as they watched the oon disappear and the sun take it's place, knowing that in a few precious hours they'd have to say goodbye.
Now, he didn't have to worry about that anymore.
He caught Sloan's eye and mirrored his smile. They'd had some good times.
"Want to do a re-inactment?" Dane teased, stopping Archie beside Dart. "I miss swimming around shirtless."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:11 am

"Way ahead of you." Sloan replied with a grin, pulling off his shirt, and tossing it at Dane. Dart spooked at the movement, but Sloan just ignored her excited antics, and gave her a brief pat on the neck.
He clucked to Dart, and ruffled Dane's hair as he passed, then urged his mare on toward the water. He halted her beside a large rock, and carefully dismounted - keeping a hand braced against Dart's shoulder to balance himself.
He unbuckled the girth, and took off her saddle with some difficulty, leaving it resting against the rock.
She danced around slightly as Sloan gathered up his reins, and scrambled onto her bare back.
It was quite difficult to balance - since he'd not ridden bareback since his accident - but he took a handful of mane to steady himself, and clucked to Dart, sending her surging gamely forwards.
She leapt into the water, sending up a spray, and Sloan started laughing his head off at his mare's eager plunges through the deep water. He slid wildly to either side, barely managing to stay on, until at last Dart's hooves left the ground, and her movement became smooth again as she swam elegantly around the deeper end of the lake. She held her dainty muzzle above the water, curling up her top lip and snorting every now and then. Her dagger-like ears were strained forward, and her eyes were bright with obvious enjoyment. If a horse could beam, then Dart was doing it. Horse and rider were in perfect harmony, and clearly having the time of their lives.
"Come on!" He called to Dane, "I'm waiting!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Dane watched blankly as Sloan yanked off his shirt, tossed it towards him and dismounted, far too stunned to think about copying him. Even after all that time with seeing Sloan shirtless, cliche as it was, every time seemed like the first. Even though Sloan didn't have the same muscles as he had when he'd made that movie in America, he looked pretty damned stunning.
Upon realising his mouth was open in a stupid 'O', Dane closed it and looked away, blushing slightly. A drenched, shirtless Sloan on a horse was equally as good as a shirtless Sloan at home.
Dane dismounted off the tall warmblood, cursing as he nearly lost his footing as he landed and unbuckled Archie's saddle. He then took off his hat and shirt, then vaulted onto the gelding once more, finding a firm seat by hooking his legs further onto Archie's shoulders, and led him into the water.
It had been a while since Archie had gone into anything deeper than a puddle, and at first the sight of it worried him. He stretched his nose in, sniffed the lake water and backed away uncertainly. When Dane clucked him forwards, however, he took a step in. He pawed at the water a few times, perhaps to confirm that it was, in fact, water - or maybe just in attempt to get Dane's jodhpurs wet before they'd even gone in - and soon he followed Dart into the lake.
He stared longingly at the mare, obviously moving slower than she was, and soon realised he wouldn't be able to walk at a noral pace to keep up with her. He bobbed up and down in the water as it began to grow in depth, and soon his large hooves couldn't feel ground beneath them. He didn't seem to mind, though, because he was too busy following Dart around, his chestnut head still poking out of the water, his huge, brown eyes following her movements. She was obviously on a mission, and Archie was a follower. He didn't really care where he was going.
"Shut up." Dane teased, grabbing onto Archie's mane for support. "He doesn't do this often. Still, it's been a while since he's had some proper exercise, this'll be good for him."
He dipped his hand underwater and rubbed the gelding's neck lovingly, then he saw the state of his jodhpurs.
"Damn..." He muttered. "Good job we're going home after this. I'll definitely need a shower." He looked up at Sloan, his eyes twinkling slightly as they flicked over his artistic torso, and the way each scribbled line curved subtley over his lightly visible muscles. He realised that he was grinning, a little creepier than he would have liked, and chuckled at himself. He had to admit, Sloan looked really good in the sunset.
"I ove you, you know." He said, cupping some water in his hand and swiping it over his short hair, causing it to gel back momentarily in an oddly stylish fashion.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:03 pm

"It works wonders for their backs." Sloan replied, turning back to watch Archie, who still looked slightly unsure of the water. Dart was gliding easily through the water with all the grace of a swan, stretching her long neck up, and straining to keep her muzzle above water.
He played with his mare's mane, floating around in the water, and did his best not to sit too heavily in her. After a while, Dane's voice caught his attention - quiet over the splashing horses.
"I love you, you know."
He smiled happily at this, and turned Dart slightly so he could face Dane again.
"So you should." He replied with a teasing grin, "Somebody has to."
He tied his reins then, and slipped off Dart, trusting his mare not to wander far.
He went under the water for a moment, and saw Archie's hooves dancing above him. With a few powerful strokes of his arms, he resurfaced, taking a gentle grip on Dane's leg to keep himself afloat.
"I love you, too." He pointed out, looking up at his boyfriend with a silly little smile, made sillier by the way his wet fringe clung to his face.
Damn... Dane looked even more adorable than usual with his hair spiked like that.
"You're so damn cute." He muttered with a soft chuckle, patting Dane's thigh on a whim - then letting go, and allowing himself to float away on his back.

Dart had swum to shore, and she climbed out and shook violently, spraying water everywhere. She raised her head and surveyed the area for a moment, as though contemplating running off - but then she glanced back at Sloan, sighed heavily, and lowered her elegant head to graze.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next