Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2).

2 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2). Empty Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2).

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Abby -

I have to say, there were many things I'd been expecting after I'd asked that question, but that had not been one of them. For one, from what I'd heard Leon had never given a damn about any of his classes at school, yet he seemed to know about parts of me that I didn't even know. And I'd actually listened in Biology and during Sex Education lessons! What was going on?
The longer he talked, the more my eyebrows raised. He sure was good at switching from flirty to serious so quickly. I'd not seen that coming, at all.
“...It makes sense, really. I mean, why do you think chicks are attracted to guys with muscles? It’s because you’re subconsciously thinking that we’d be good candidates to protect your future family. Of course… Some guys’ muscles are just for show… But that doesn’t matter anyway, because mankind has reached the stage that we no longer settle disputes with our fists. Well, usually…”
Okay, that was weird. So, I was attracted to Leon's muscles because I thought he could put up a good fight?
Ha!
That's funny.
I could probably fight better than him.
Still, I guess it made sense. It was basic survival, after all. Not quite what I was expecting, but at least it was... Decent. Thankfully he hadn't referred anything to my own breasts, which was good. That would probably result in a bit of pain being inflicted by me, in the end. Leon knew me so well.
“Wow...” I mumbled once he had finished, and just stared stupidly at him for a moment or two. Who knew he had so much knowledge in that brain of his? I'd always thought his mind revolved around sex and music (and me) pretty much, the rest was just ignored or deleted. But honestly...
“Okay, remind me never to challenge you to a game of 'Trivial Persuits' then, unless I feel like getting beaten in the first four goes.” I teased, pecking him back on the cheek. “Really, you never cease to amaze me. Just when I think I know everything about you... You come out with that. Although I am kinda worried where it is you found that out.”
I pulled a face then giggled, pecking his lips a few times. Seriously, the things we got talking about whilst everyone else was out there living normal lives, I was lying in bed with my fiancé discussing the scientific purposes of breasts and abs. I think it would be safe to say we were the only people at that moment having such a conversation.
Shaking my head in amusement, and silently decided to leave any other awkward questions till another time, I shuffled closer to him and leant my head on his shoulder, pressing my chest up against his.
“Don't tell me where you found it, I don't want to know.” I added, my voice muffled into his bare shoulder, but the smile in it was obvious.

Leon-

At Abby’s response, Leon instantly began smirking smugly to himself.
He had just managed to answer the question ‘why do guys like boobs’, and his testicles were still attached. He felt like hero.
“Okay, remind me never to challenge you to a game of 'Trivial Pursuits' then, unless I feel like getting beaten in the first four goes.”
The first response that jumped to his lips was, ‘I think you mean Trivial Pursuit, not ‘Pursuits’.’ But thankfully, Abby continued before he could tie a noose around his own neck.
“Really, you never cease to amaze me. Just when I think I know everything about you... You come out with that. Although I am kinda worried where it is you found that out.”
“I have my moments.” He replied, then added with a smirk, “And my sources.”
He laughed, and met her lips with his briefly.
Then she snuggled up beside him, and he couldn’t keep the victorious smirk off his face.
Oh Hell yes… He had won, hands down!
“Don't tell me where you found it, I don't want to know.”
“Okay.” He replied simply, still smirking. He bent his head, and softly kissed her cheek, wrapping an arm around her, and holding her close to him.
He stroked the hair away from her ear, and leaned toward her as though he was about to whisper some magically romantic comment.
“You know what else we like about breasts?” He asked in a husky whisper, shifting slightly closer to her.
“They feel damn good pressed up against us.”
He squeezed her closer as though to prove his point, and wiggled his eyebrows deviously.
What? He couldn’t have her thinking he was some totally asexual scientific douchebag now, could he? She’d end up friendzoning him.

Last edited by Polo the Mourner on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2). Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2).

Post  Dreambug Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:11 pm

I was just enjoying having a quiet snuggle with Leon, half-curled up by his side with his arm around my shoulder, kissing my cheek gently, neither a care in the world, when I suddenly felt Leon's hot breath burning my earlobe. I waited, wondering what he was going to say. Then this came out:
You know what else we like about breasts?
Something told me this wasn't going to be as scientific a reason as the previous answer.
They feel damn good pressed up against us.”
Nope, hadn't thought so.
I rolled my eyes as he pulled me closer towards him, pressing my chest closer to his. As if it were even possible.
Leon was probably expecting a slap, or some snappy comment. But I gave him neither. Instead, I shook my head in amusement and patted the back of his thigh, somewhat threateningly. I knew where his tickle spots were...
“Keep it in your pants, Leon.” I teased, head still rested on his shoulder. “Keep it in your pants.”
It's to be hoped he did, anyway, otherwise I'd have a hell of a fright if I so much as shifted my gaze just slightly.
“I know you like them, honey. I don't need you to say it as well.”
I giggled at this, shaking my head.
“You know, this bra straps getting kinda tight. I won't sleep properly with it like that.. D'you mind loosening it for me?” I asked innocently, raising my head so I could look at him, raising my eyebrows flirtatiously.
“Just as long as you know, if you undo it completely, I'm not moving from this spot. Even if you try, I won't let you see anything if it includes tying the ruddy thing around your eyes,” I threatened lightly, grinning triumphantly at him.
He thought he'd won. But he was far from it.
“Just saying.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2). Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2).

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Leon twitched in surprise when he felt Abby’s fingers pat the back of his thigh. It sent an unwelcome, yet undeniably pleasant thrill through him, and a soft breath escaped his lips.
She shouldn’t startle him like that… But damn, he loved it.
He’d been expecting a slap.
“Keep it in your pants, Leon. Keep it in your pants.”
“I resent that.” He shot back, stifling a laugh. “You know I’ve got more self control than you give me credit for.”
He winked at her, and caught the hand at his thigh in his, pushing it away.
But if they were playing the self control game, Abby would always win. She had boobs: That was two huge points in her favour automatically.
“You know, this bra straps getting kinda tight. I won't sleep properly with it like that.. D'you mind loosening it for me?”
And then there was that. That annoyingly adorable, innocent expression of hers that just made him melt every time he-
Wait…
Wait… What?!
“Just as long as you know, if you undo it completely, I'm not moving from this spot. Even if you try, I won't let you see anything if it includes tying the ruddy thing around your eyes. Just saying”
Had she just said- Had he heard that right? She was going to let him…
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy oh boy oh boy ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!
He watched her with a poker face – a bad one – but under the pressure of that grin of hers, it soon cracked. His heart started thumping double-speed, and his lips pulled upwards into an idiotically wide grin completely without his permission.
He must have looked a fool, but he didn’t think to care.
“I think I can help you with that…” He purred, eyes narrowing, and one eyebrow arching upwards.
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
He slipped his arms around her, drawing her closer to him, so his suddenly hot cheek brushed softly against hers. His fingers found the clasp of the bra, and the feeling of it sent a thrill through him. It was all he could do to keep his troublesome hormones in check.
He fumbled with the clasp, then fumbled some more, and some more, without success.
“This is way more difficult than they make it look in the movies…” He muttered to himself, still fiddling blindly with the clasp of the bra.
A few more moments passed – then a string of curses erupted from his lips, and he gave up wrestling the bra and pushed Abby away.
“What the f**k is that thing made of?!” He demanded indignantly, “Do they make them like that intentionally to tease us guys? Because seriously, I’m not amused! Here, turn around.” He growled, and he spun Abby around without her consent, and squinted at the stubborn clasp of the bra – clawing at it again with sight to help him.
He seemed to have forgotten entirely why he wanted it open…
“Stupid, bloody bra!” He huffed irritably to himself, “Think you can outsmart me… AHA!” At last, the clasp sprung free, and Leon patted Abby’s now-bare back with victorious pride.
“Leon one; bra zero.” He declared smugly, folding an arm around Abby’s shoulders, and swooping forward to give her a peck on the cheek from behind.
“Now where were we?”
It wasn’t flirting – it was an honest question.
He had got so caught up in his battle with the bra, that he’d actually forgotten.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:01 pm

I don't know why I'd asked. I really don't. Leon's face was a picture, a bad one, of what you would expect from a child who'd just been asked if he'd like a jar of cookies for his birthday. His face was beetroot red, his dark eyes lighting up at the thought of what I'd just asked for him to do. I could tell he was getting extremely carried away with the proposal, perhaps wondering what I wanted to take off next, but I chose to ignore it.
He was a guy, he couldn't help it.
But I could also see, by the look in his eyes,he had no intention of re-hooking it together again, like I'd said. Loosening... He wasn't going to 'loosen' it at all, was he?
Still, I laid patiently, clutching onto him tightly to keep from showing him any more, and waited for my strap to 'loosen'.
Time ticked by, Leon grew frustrated. But this only ended up amusing me because it was something I'd least expected. A rock star, unable to unhook a bra strap. It only had 2 hooks on it. What about it was so difficult?
This is way more difficult than they make it look in the movies…
“Is it?” I asked smugly. “I bet a girl could do it.”
It was an obvious answer, but perhaps it would make him change his mind, or better, give up. Let me loosen it myself. But of course, he refused to let my bra win. He had all his focus and attention on undoing it, and nothing I said would stop him.
What the f**k is that thing made of?! Do they make them like that intentionally to tease us guys? Because seriously, I’m not amused! Here, turn around.
It's made out of bra material, Leon. I thought boredly. What else? Stainless steel?
But before I could even think of saying anything Leon had spun me round to face away from him as he fumbled over the thing furiously, peering at it like it were the most complicated puzzle he'd ever tried to crack. Honestly, and I could do it with my hands behind my back. Literally. Every girl over the age of fifteen could, probably.
He finally unclasped the strap and let it drop shamefully towards the ground. Aware that he wasn't intending to re-clasp it again, I grabbed the cups for dear life, refusing to let them have the same fate as the strap drooping on my back. My eyes widened slightly. That had been a close one...
But when Leon slapped my back joyfully, obviously pleased with himself for completing such an impossible task, I jumped at the loud noise his flat palm made and nearly let the cups fall from my grasp. I swore under my breath, pulling them back to their previous position.
Leon one; bra zero.” He smirked, wrapping an arm around my bare shoulder, his fingers dangerously close to the side of my boob, and lowering his face to try for a peck on my cheek.
He'd pay for this one.
Now where were we?
My eyes widened further, still fixated on their spot on the opposite wall. Was he serious.
“Er, well...” I swallowed, realising I didn't sound half as confident as I'd have liked. I knew if I slipped my hands round my back to try and re-hook the straps together, the whole thing would fall anyway. I couldn't move my hands. But at the same time,I looked ridiculous, sat there, grabbing my boobs with such desperation. I looked bizarre.
“I had asked you to loosen it, actually... And I had tried to threaten you in case you did this, but it won't work now because, well, I've moved. So...”
What could I do? It's not like I could get him back by yanking his jeans and make him flash his backside. I couldn't even turn round to look at him, never mind all that.
Screw it. He'd seen 'em already. It's not like they were anything new, was it?
But I still wasn't going to let him get away with that.
Still not looking at him, I glanced down at my hands clasping that awkward spot, frowning as if trying to solve something that had been bothering me for ages. Then, in a flash, I grabbed my bra, scrunched it up and shoved it into Leon's face to cover his eyes. Grinning, I shoved him back on the bed and quickly dove onto the bed, resting my chest onto his. It was perfect. I was braless, but he wasn't going to be fortunate enough to see anything, because it was his fault I didn't have it on in the first place.
I glowered daringly at him, challenging him to try and move me. I subtly reached behind me and grabbed a cushion to hide behind,just in case.
“Happy?” I teased, pushing my weight off him just enough to keep him from choking, but still refusing to reveal anything.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:38 pm

“Y’know…” Leon began, coughing slightly from the pressure Abby’s weight exerted on his lungs. “You could have just asked me to hook it up again.” He lifted the bra away from his good eye, peeping up at her with that superior little smirk of his. “I’m not a total scumbag, and besides…”
He fished the bra off his face, and tossed it at her, then added with a grin, “I’m pro at these things, now.”
He chuckled fondly to himself, and glanced away from Abby with a shake of his head.
Of course, she would find a pillow to hide behind. Always so shy… But hey, nobody worth having was easy… Or something like that. He couldn’t remember exactly how the saying went.
Either way, he loved her for her conservative nature, even if it gave him endless grief. It also taught him to actually apply some discipline for once in his life, and he decided it was about time to use that particular skill.
This had gone on long enough – it was time to actually be a decent fiancée to his Abby.
“C’mon love – keep your shirt on. I ain’t goin’ anywhere…”
Okay, starting now, he would be a decent fiancée. And this time he actually followed through.
He rolled over to throw Abby off his chest, then mussed her hair playfully – he could never get enough of that – and tossed her the fluffy dressing gown from the hanger on the closet door.
“Put it on, if you like.” He said with a shrug, “I promise not to undress you again tonight.”
He flashed a wink, then grabbed a pair of clean boxers from his bag. It was too hot a night for pajamas… Or maybe he was just hot?
Oh please, I’m always hot…
He snickered at this thought, as usual paying no attention to the niggling fever that kept trying to warn him of his failing health.
His cheeks were still flushed, and it had nothing to do with Abby. Well… It wasn’t only to do with Abby, anyway.

With a wide yawn, he shuffled into the bathroom to the change, and returned a short while later with his shower-wet hair dripping onto his bare chest. He wore only a pair of black silk boxers, but he didn’t seem much bothered by it, considering how shy he’d been about revealing himself in the beginning.
His self esteem had picked up greatly since then, and besides, it felt relatively normal to where whatever, and as little as he wanted around Abby.

“I’m wrecked.” He admitted with yet another yawn, spiking up his wet hair with his fingers. “I’m heading straight to bed, and I reckon I’ll sleep in tomorrow. I’ll need as much energy as I can get to make it through this concert tomorrow.” He pulled a face, “It’ll be a miracle if I even make it to the end. You’d be surprised how tiring those things are!”
He seemed to be complaining, but the grin on his face said otherwise. Obviously, he was looking forward to getting back on stage.
But more than that, he was looking forward to sleeping. So much so that his feet developed minds of their own, and dragged him over to the bed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:42 am

Y'know... You could have just asked me to hook it up again. I’m not a total scumbag, and besides… ” I didn't have any hands free to catch the bra, so it was thrown in my face, and I had to remove it by blowing it away like a little parachute. “I’m pro at these things, now.
No way.
No friggin' way.
He couldn't do that! He couldn't take it off then turn around and say 'oh, you can wear it, if you want.' Not when I'd gone through all that to make myself do it. What did it even matter? Leon was trying to be civilised, so much so that I almost believed him. But I knew what he was thinking. He could bite his tongue and smile with those kind eyes of his, but it was off now. What was the point of putting it back on again? I hated sleeping with one on, anyway, and it was a pretty warm night.
And I had Leon.
I closed my eyes and groaned to myself at the thought. I was comfy. I couldn't even be bothered going through all that again.
C’mon love – keep your shirt on. I ain’t goin’ anywhere.
Oh, very funny arsehole, I thought to myself, smirking. Very witty.
Then, to my horror, Leon shoved me onto my side in order for him to move,and I ended up scrambling around for my dearest cushion, kicking off half of them in the process and knotting myself up in the light sheets. I groaned, grabbing the long cushioned and cuddled it desperately, very aware that the effort had included a few seconds where I had lowered my guard in panic. It took me several moments to notice the fluffy dressing gown laid innocently on the bed beside me. I glared at it like it had grown fangs and was trying to eat me alive. Where had that come from?
Put it on, if you like. I promise not to undress you again tonight.
Put it on? That was just as useful as putting my bra back on. What was the point? I was comfy now, anyway.
I glowered at him from over my bright red, fluffy heart-shaped cushion as he disappeared into the bathroom. Brilliant. Now him and his earnest cuteness was making me feel guilty.
Urgh... Forget it. There was no point putting anything back on. Not only because I was perfectly comfy, but because if I put anything back on after he'd told me I could, it'd mke it look like I'd taken it off in the first place for his own satisfaction. Which I hadn't. Not really, anyway.
So I sucked up my embarrassment, ready to turn it into mild aggression if Leon said anything – i.e tickling him to death – and stood up, crawling to my suitcase to find adecent pair of pyjama bottoms.
Then I remembered for probably the third time of the holiday, Jeeves hadn't packed me any. I searched around in panic for anything that would suit instead and found a pair of loose jogging bottoms. Sighing in relief, I undressed from my jeans and pulled on the joggers, trotted back to the bed and threw myself on the mattress, rolling on my stomach, still slightly aware that I had nothing on my top half. Thankfully, either Leon hadn't noticed or he was pretending he hadn't, as he made a few comments about sleeping in in the morning, his words groggy and slurred with fatigue. His face looked just as shattered as he described he felt.
I lifted my head, smiling tiredly at him before resting my head back on the pillow. I was hugging the dressing gown he'd given me because it's softness was comforting, but it had been scrunched into a thick, furry rope intertwining through my arms, past my stomach and hips and wrapped around one of my legs. I hadn't even pulled the bedsheets up to cover my back, it was that warm.
“What happened to 'enough talk of the concert'?” I teased, my voice muffled slightly by the pillow swallowing half my face.
“And don't forget, we're having a quick practice at twelve, I think. It'd be reassuring to know what we're playing and all that.”
I stopped myself, realising I was contradicting myself by going on about it, then shrugged. “But hey, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Come on, Romeo.” My eyes twinkled although I was far too tired to smile, dragging my hand and patting the bed beside me. “You look shattered.”
And ridiculously handsome in his boxers, having only just come out of the shower. I wondered whether he'd done that on purpose, then shrugged. He could do what he wanted. I certainly wouldn't complain.
I shifted over to give him room to sit down and felt the mattress bounce as his weight caused me to rise slightly.
“When do I ever do as you say?” I asked cheekily, rolling onto my side, gesturing to the dressing gown I was cuddling. “You'd better sleep well tonight, after the sacrifice I made for you.”
I narrowed my eyes for a moment, then smiled lazily, gently poking his bare chest lightly, still subtly covering my ow with the thick, fluffy dressing gown.
I shuffled closer to him and kissed his neck then, too tired to move back to my previous spot, snuggled up by his side, the dressing gown relaxing in my grip.
“I had loads of fun today, by the way.” I whispered. “Thank you.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:40 am

“So much practicing~!” Leon whined, flopping down sulkily on the bed and glaring at the ceiling. “Whatever happened to showing up drunk and rocking the place to the ground? Now those were the days. Hell, when you screw up on stage, people love it anyway. They always think you’re improvising…”
This grumbling of his went on a while, though it lapsed into silence, and continued under his breath – since he already knew it was futile.

“When do I ever do as you say?”
At these words, he glanced at Abby with a raised eyebrow, and for the first time he noticed that she was every inch as topless as he’d left her. He uttered an appreciative bark of laughter, shaking his head fondly.
“Damn…” He muttered with a snort of amusement, “I should’ve started chucking gowns at you ages ago.”
He winked cheekily at her, but the smile curving his lips was warm and earnest.
Honestly, he felt giddy with joy that Abby had come to trust him so much. Then again, that giddy feeling might just as easily have stemmed from his highly pleasant ‘view’ – but he preferred to think that it was the trust thing.
“You'd better sleep well tonight, after the sacrifice I made for you.”
She poked his chest, and it sent a shocking thrill through him. He had to admit that this awakened certain… Urges. But he was not an animal, so he controlled himself, and simply shrugged it off.
His arm wrapped around her automatically when she shifted closer, and he tilted his head to smile fondly at her.
“I had loads of fun today, by the way.” Abby began, but Leon was hearing none of it.
“Oh, shut up!” He laughed, rolling his eyes. “You don’t have to thank me every time, Abbs. As long as I’m around, you can take ‘fun’ for granted.” He backed up his point with a cocky smirk, and flicked a lock of hair out of her face.
“Now seriously, shut up.” He repeated with a yawn, “I love you Babe, but I’m already sleeptalking, here.”
And sure enough, he was struggling to keep his eyes open.
He reached for the bedside lamp, and switched it off, letting the world fall into darkness.
He tightened his arm around Abby slightly, squeezing her close to him for just a moment before sleep claimed him.
He just couldn’t fight weariness any more. He’d simply lost the ability – when he was tired, he slept, and that was that.

A number of hours passed, midnight coming and going like a fleeting heartbeat. Somewhere in the distance, a night bird cried – and Leon woke abruptly. His waking was not quite the peaceful one he’d hoped, though, for it was not the bird that woke him.
He opened his eyes to a terrifying feeling of suffocating, and his body automatically convulsed into a series of coughs to clear his airway.
But lying on his back as he was, his mouth simply filled with blood, and the suffocating feeling of drowning intensified.
He struggled to draw breath, but found there was precious little available to him. He needed to roll over – but every time he tried, he found that he was just too weak.
Abby’s arm was lying limp across his chest, but he could barely summon the strength to touch her hand…
Again, he made an attempt to lift himself, but already his consciousness was so faded that he wondered if he was only dreaming…
Still, he could not deny the reality of hot, sticky blood spilling from the corners of his mouth, and following the contours of his neck to splash onto his bare chest.
It was slowly drowning him, filling his helpless lungs, and there was nothing he could do… He just lay there, pathetically still, chest muscles occasionally clenching when he tried to cough the blood from his lungs – but it had nowhere to go but back from whence it came… The only result his efforts gained him were the harsh, desperate spluttering sounds of a drowned sailor.
Just before my farewell concert… He thought to himself with sad regret, And when we still had so many plans…
God, Abby… Please wake up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 pm

I did as I was told obediently, shooting Leon an innocent grin as I did so, pressing my lips together to show I meant it. My immediate reaction was a apologise, but I knew this wasn't necessary and so kept quite as I had been told. Besides which, I really couldn't be bothered to
You don’t have to thank me every time, Abbs. As long as I’m around, you can take ‘fun’ for granted.”
And I had been doing, but it felt wrong for him to be doing all this for me, when all this was supposed to me his time, too. If I didn't thank him, how did he know I was grateful?
His soft touch was like a magic spell, casting me to sleep. The gesture was to gentle, his touch delicate as if he were handling a newborn kitten, that I no longer had the energy to keep my eyes open. Half laying on my stomach, half slanted towards Leon, I gave into the urge to let my eyelids drop closed, and listened to his croaky, tired voice in my ear.
Now seriously, shut up. I love you Babe, but I’m already sleeptalking, here.
I made a strange muffled noise half way between a laugh and a groan, too exhausted to apologise for keeping him awake with my gratefulness. My arm on his chest felt heavy as I yawned, then snuggled up tightly next to him. I was already half asleep that I didn't hear the bedside lamp click 'off', and by the time Leon's grip around my shoulder had slackened I was already in a deep sleep.

It couldn't have been that deep come past midnight, as I was awoken by a strange, twitchy movement coming from beside me, and my tired eyes fluttered open. Leon was still. I must have imagined it.
There! His chest tightened beneath my palm. Frowning, I sat up to see his eyes wide in terror, some dark liquid trickling from the corner of his mouth.
I gasped. The blood was suffocating him!
I removed my arm from his bare chest in a flash and, totally forgetting about my own insecurities, grabbed his torso by the sides and rolled him onto his side, facing away from me towards the edge of the bed. I scrambled tiredly onto my hands and knees and crawled to the foot of the bed beside him, patting his back to get him breathing again.
“Leon... Hey, you alive?”
It was meant to be a light joke, but I realised the situation was far from funny. Wincing, I grabbed his shoulder and pulled his heavy body up into a sit, holding it up there with one hand, the other rubbing his back. I didn't know first aid, and this fact infuriated me. At times like this, I should know exactly what to do!
My vision was blurred by fatigue but I refused to let it change anything. My droopy eyes darted around the edge of the bed, when I noticed the same plastic bowl we'd used before when either of us was sick. I reached over and grabbed it, handing it to Leon's shaky hand and going back to rubbing his shoulder.
The air was much colder than when we'd just got to sleep, and I soon found myself shuddering. I grabbed the dressing gown I'd been cuddling through the night and opened it up, but it wasn't for me.
I hung it over Leon's pale shoulders, and patted his back.
“You alright?” I asked him croakily, resting my chin on his fluffy shoulder.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:48 pm

The moment Abby rolled him sideways, Leon’s blood splattered the floor sickeningly, making a sound like spilled paint. He started coughing, muscles convulsing horribly with strength they no longer had, and with each harsh, grating cough – more blood dripped from his mouth, spilling down his chest like something out of a horror movie.
He looked as if he’d just poked an angry bear.
He wanted to answer Abby, but he couldn’t catch his breath long enough to form a simple word.
It was all he could do to fight for each breath. Even when she tried to hand him the bowl, it just dropped from his limp fingers.
Abby helped him sit after a moment, but still he just wheezed weakly, his breaths coming shallow and painful, and blood still dripping from his chin. He didn’t even have the strength to wipe it away – but that did not concern him any more. It was everywhere now… He was surprised his lungs could hold so much blood…
It made him feel rather like a vampire, which was not altogether unpleasant.

Abby wrapped the dressing gown around his shaking shoulders then, and he was grateful, because although a fever that could challenge hellfire had spiked in him, he felt deathly cold.
He heard Abby’s soft question, felt her chin on his shoulder, and he found the strength to smile – though this only loosed another droplet of blood to trickle down his jaw.
A few more strained breaths, and his bloody lips could finally form words.
“Abby…” He murmured, his voice strained and barely coherent, yet the tone of it calmer than ever before. Almost… Accepting.
“These last few weeks with you… They’ve… Been like a dream to me. Until I met you, I… Didn’t know it was possible to love something this much.”
He made a quiet sound under his breath that might have been a laugh, and tilted his head so he could see her out of the corner of his eye.
“I just want you to know how much it all meant to me…”
He was speaking in past tense, using that horrible calm voice of his… And it was getting weaker.
“Now listen close…” He wheezed, “It hurts to talk…” He tried to take a deep breath, but only ended up panting painfully for a moment.
“Don’t speak, just listen: You’ve got to go on with your life. You can sing, Abbs, better than you know… I’ve put in a good word for you with my agent, so if you want to go that way-“ He broke off, coughing painfully, and was silent for a while after that as he recovered. He had gone pale and shaky now, too.
“And Abbs…” With precious little strength, his hand found hers. “One day you’ll make some lucky guy as happy as you’ve made me. Please don’t let what we had hold you back…”
His hand twisted in hers, and his weak fingers prized the ring from her finger.
“It’s over.” He whispered gently – and despite the cruel words, his voice could not have been kinder.
“I love you, Abby.”
This is it. This is the end. I feel cold…

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 pm

((This'll be my only post for the night, sorry. Sad I have homework to do... -_- Hope you can find it of some use Smile ))

Abby...” The calmness in Leon's tone was enough to make me lift my head, frowning. He didn't sound right, and not because he'd only just recovered from choking. He sounded content... But not in a good way.
These last few weeks with you… They’ve… Been like a dream to me. Until I met you, I… Didn’t know it was possible to love something this much.
They've been like a dream to me, too. But what was his point?
I shook my head, a sickening feeling of confusion and dread bubbling inside me. My eyes were still creased tiredly, refusing to stay as open as I willed them to be, and Leon's face was still a blur. All I could see was the vague outline of his head and shoulders, then some splashes of red in places, pretty much all down his face and neck. I'd heard the bowl topple from his fingers, and had had to pick it up and hold it out for him instead, but somehow he still managed to miss it.
I gulped. If I took him to the hospital now, there'd be no way he'd be able to play at the concert the next day, and he'd be completely miserable about it. But what else could I do?
I just want you to know how much it all meant to me…
Meant?
What about tomorrow? Wouldn't that 'mean' anything to him? It was to be hoped so, when it was meant to be his celebration...
But why was he speaking in past tense?
I didn't like the way he sounded. Not only his words, but the way he was saying them... All calm and accepting. It was almost as if he'd already decided what was going to happen in the next few moments.
Crap....
Don’t speak, just listen: You’ve got to go on with your life. You can sing, Abbs, better than you know… I’ve put in a good word for you with my agent, so if you want to go that way.
No... NO! What the hell was he talking about? There'd be plenty of time to chat about his agent and the future after the concert. Why was he choosing now, in the middle of the night?
I winced, closing my eyes to listen to him rasping, ripping coughs from his lungs like there was something inside him, choking him, refusing to come out.
There was no way I was letting him give up. Not right before his concert. Not in the middle of the night. Not now...
And Abbs... One day you’ll make some lucky guy as happy as you’ve made me. Please don’t let what we had hold you back…
Before I could register my own reaction, I realised I was shaking my head rather rapidly, and it was giving me a headache.
It didn't stop me though.
Don't do this to me, Leon. Not now, not here. Please... I'm begging you, please. You can't give up so easily...
A lump built up in my throat then, but not in sadness or despair. I was angry. So angry, I wanted to hit him. Had he not been choking minutes ago, I probably would have, too.
How could he say all this and not even care?
It's over. I love you, Abby.
That was it. I'd had enough.
I dumped the bowl on the bed roughly, fell to my knees and crawled in front of him, kneeling up and cupping his face in my hands. Blood smudged my palms, a single drop trickled down my wrist. It wasn't a pleasant feeling.
“No. No, no, no no no no... No...” Frustration and desperation strained my voice, and I reached up and pressed my forehead against his. His entire head felt heavy, he could hardly keep it up without my help.
“Shut up, Leon. Right now. Just, Shut. Up.” I scrunched my eyes closed, praying for him to understand exactly how I was feeling. It was all good and well for him to presume, but he didn't know. If he did, maybe he'd try to fight a little harder.
“Leon tomorrow, in some stadium in the centre of Rome, there will be the greatest concert taking place in years. Your concert. Tens of thousands of people will be in that stadium to see you. It'll be your finale, your time to shine. What about what you told Jes on the phone? About 'rocking the f**kers to the ground'? How are they supposed to do that without you, eh?”
My voice rose and fall in groggy frustration, compared to my quite whisper, but the peak of my voice couldn't have been any louder than a hushed mutter.
“Never mind me. Think about the band. Slade and Kate. Jesse. How would they feel if they're number one lead singer didn't turn up for his own show?”
I stroked his ear with my thumb, tracing the dark, fluffy sideburns and sleek jawline. “Listen. You just need a drink of water to wash your mouth down, a towel, then you'll be fine. Sit up in bed f you want. I'll be right beside you, like I've always been.” I stood up, giving his hand in mine a firm squeeze. “I promise. Now get into bed before you catch a chill. I'll get you some water.”
Catch a chill. Funny that, since I was the one walking round with nothing on my top half.
Shaking my head, I wandered over to the bathroom and poured him as mall glass of water, before grabbing a white towel from the cabinet and appearing back on the bed by his side, handing him glass, bowl and towel in one.
“Here. Rinse your mouth out. It's late, you're tired. You just need a bit of sleep. Come on.” I sat cross legged on the mattress, going back to rubbing his back again.
“Have faith, Leon. You'll make it through the night.”
It killed me to have to tell him that, but at least one of us believed it. Sighing, I leant over and kissed the back of his neck reassuringly. I just hoped he would start believing it.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Leon felt Abby catch his face in her hands. Felt the sickening way her hands slid on his blood-slick cheeks… But he could not so much as lift his gaze. His eyelids had fallen half close, and his chest heaved violently in and out, with each tiny breath coming as a great victory.
Abby muttered something, and then he felt her forehead against his, and the support brought blissful relaxation to the weak muscles in his neck straining so hard to keep his head upright.

He wanted nothing more than to hug her, laugh it off, and tell her everything would be okay – just like every time before – but he didn’t believe it himself, this time.
He could feel himself fading. Gradually, slipping away…
But apparently, Abby was having none of it.

“Shut up, Leon. Right now. Just, Shut. Up.”
He had no choice but to obey. He hadn’t the strength to speak right then, anyway.
She said something about the concert, about the band, but Leon blocked out her voice.
He didn’t want to hear it… He already knew. He knew what he was missing, and who he was letting down, and he didn’t like it one bit. But what could he do? There was nothing left in him. He was spent.

“Never mind me. Think about the band. Slade and Kate. Jesse. How would they feel if they're number one lead singer didn't turn up for his own show?”
What did she expect him to do? Roll up to his show in a hearse?
A series of tiny coughs escaped from his lips, and his back hunched with the pain of them, but not more blood was spilled. Judging from the amount smeared across his face and chest, it was a wonder he had any left in him.
“Listen. You just need a drink of water to wash your mouth down, a towel, then you'll be fine. Sit up in bed f you want. I'll be right beside you, like I've always been. I promise. Now get into bed before you catch a chill. I'll get you some water.”
“Abby-“ He tried to speak, but his voice failed him, and when she stood, he slid sideways without her support, leaving him in an uncomfortable position somewhere between sitting and lying down.
He wanted to call her back… To tell her not to bother, because it was too late. To tell her not to leave his side, in case he was gone by the time she returned… But again, his voice failed him, and perhaps it was for the best.
Abby’s denial struck the fear back into his heart, and suddenly the mere thought of his doom was enough to choke him.

With the resulting adrenaline, he managed to sit himself up in the bed again, and force his heavy eyelids to rise.
By the time his eyes were open, Abby was back at his side – but when she tried to hand him the glass, bowl and towel – he couldn’t find the strength to take even one, and the helpless feeling frustrated him. Flickering anger banished the calm acceptance in his eyes, and he closed a shaking hand around the glass, and brought it to his lips.
The moment the water was in his mouth, he tasted blood, and exploded into another fit of coughs, leaving the glass to fall from his hand, and shatter on the floor.
As the coughs racked him, his entire body strained backwards against the headrest of the bed – as though he could squirm away from the pain. His fingers clawed desperately at his chest, as though he wished he could rip his lungs clean out, and the coughs subsided into pathetic little sounds akin to sobs, before he finally fell silent again, wheezing with painful desperation, yet – though he did not notice it himself – with slightly deeper breaths than before.

He’d lost all track of time and place, but somewhere in the past few minutes, he remembered Abby telling him he’d make it through the night. He just couldn’t bring himself to tell her it wasn’t true. But…
“Abby…” He said at last, lips trembling, and heart aching for her. “Babe, please…”
His voice sounded too weak, even to him.
“I don’t want you to see me like this…” He coughed again, and from the moan that followed, one would swear he’d been shot instead.
“You’ve got to let me go.” He managed shakily, and his fingers closed tighter around the ring in his hand.
“I just can’t…” He sobbed from the pain, but his eyes were dry, and his voice held no hint of crying.
“I can’t survive this. Look at me…” His hands twitched in a vague gesture toward himself, and some detached part of him groaned from the pain. “I’m-“ He broke off, and took a deep breath – steeling himself to say it, to tell her he was dying, but then he realised…
He took a deep breath.
I can breathe!
And there it was, just the faintest ray of hope, and he grabbed hold of it.
Maybe this wasn’t the end… Maybe, somehow, it could just pass…
Oh God, please let it pass…

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:36 pm

I was suddenly bombarded with the realisation of the severity of Leon's condition then, and straight away I knew I couldn't do any more. It was a horrible feeling, helplessness, especially when your loved one was suffering right before your eyes. I was surprised by his trembling hands that he'd even managed to take the glass – the heaviest of the three items I'd given him – and manage a mouthful of water. I knew I should really have sat there and held it for him, but that would have included having his blood splattered all over me, and he'd always told me not to let that happen.
I hated myself for, for one, doing as he'd always said, despite the risk. It didn't take one look at him to see how messed up he was. I could almost see the defeat in his weak, slumped shoulders.
Oh, Leon... I thought sadly, hugging my knees. What can I do?
I'd done all I could. But it wasn't enough, and he was choking. What else was there left?
I flinched at the sound of the glass shattering on the floor, but it didn't surprise me. Nor did I move to clean it up. Leon was the top priority. I'd sort that out later.
Abby... Babe, please... I don’t want you to see me like this…
The pained groan that came after was enough to bring tears to anyone's eyes. My tired eyes remained dry, but part of me wished they weren't. The lump in my throat felt like it was choking me and watching Leon didn't help. I sniffed, shaking my head desperately. I'd already seen him in similar states to this, when he was in a coma, all thin and shrunken , when he'd been hit by the van, all covered in blood and hideous grazes from head to foot, and not to mention at the very beginning, when he'd started choking in the corridor and I'd offered to help. He'd wanted to turn me down, push me away, but I'd refused.
I wondered whether that one decision had brought me where I was, at that very moment.
You’ve got to let me go. I just can't... I can’t survive this. Look at me…
My head shook again, this time slightly more confident and firm than before. I recognised those words. I'd said something very similar, what, five or six weeks ago? On the horse riding trip when I'd nearly fallen to my death. Look how that'd turned out.
He could survive. He would. I refused to let him die.
He inhaled a long, shaky breath, slightly rattly from his previous choking, but it was a breath nonetheless. That was a good sign.
I rubbed his shoulder again, a lot firmer than before, until I could feel the fluffy dressing gown grow hot from the friction.
“No.” I said simply, my voice as calm as I could stand.
“No, Leon, I won't you go. D'you know why? Because I... Love you.” I kissed the base of his neck gently, before raising my lips to his ear.
“Around a month ago I'd said a very similar thing to you when I was hanging off the edge of a cliff. I'd told you to leave me, there was no point saving me because you'd risk falling too. I'd begged you to leave. But what did you do?
You dragged both our arses up that massive hill despite what I'd said and you didn't stop once until you reached the very top. You saved my life that day, remember? Now...” My lip curled slightly, disgusted at the thought of there being any different. “What the hell makes you think I wouldn't do the same for you? Eh?”
I knelt round and began picking up the bigger bits of glass, trying to avoid moving my socked feet anywhere near the shattered mess.
“I made a promise to myself and you that you'd make it through the night, and I intend to keep it. Don't leave me hangin', Leon.”
I raised my eyes up to his, cupped his chin lightly like he'd done to me several times before, and lifted it up for him to look at me. I then picked up the towel and began to dab away the blood from around his mouth, like a mother did to a toddler after meals. My lips twitched just slightly to form a light-hearted, exhausted smile.
“It isn't time for you, yet. Whilst your heart's still beating and your brain's still functioning, you're alive. Don't be so quick to judge when you should or shouldn't be. You haven't even been awake five minutes.”
I knelt up and kissed his forehead lightly. “I love you. But please, please don't ever scare elike that again.”
I smiled at that, sadly, because the harsh reality was that this wouldn't be the last time. This would happen again, and we wouldn't be so lucky the next time round.
My smile vanished. I was tired. That's where all the sad thoughts were coming from, right? Tiredness...
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Leon didn't want to listen to Abby. He didn't want her telling him it would be all right, when deep down he was sure he was dying. But still, her words gripped him, and habit forced him to hang on every last one.
He remembered that day at the cliff... She'd told him to let her go.
Stupid girl - as if he ever would... But it was funny - he'd said exactly the same thing right now.
It wasn't the same, though. He knew it - and he was sure thay Abby knew it, too.
This wasn't as simple as just 'holding on'.
He was going to die.
Whether it was tonight, in a week, or in a year - he was going to die... He couldn't just 'hold on'. It wasn't up to him... If it was, he'd live forever.
And the sad thing was, it wasn't up to Abby, either. For all the love she gave him, for every time she cared for him, and wiped the bloody away - it did nothing to change the inevitable.
He'd like to say it made him happy, but it didn't. It just made him love her all the more, which in turn just made him feel guilty for being so utterly useless...

Breath slowly returned to him in wheezing gasps as he grudgingly allowed Abby to wipe the blood from his face.
He could tast it, smell it... It was revolting. The hotel room reeked like a murder scene.
"Yes, Abby..." He muttered at long last, submissively accepting her as the winner of the little discussion.
But even after that, it took him a long time to accept that he might survive.
After a long while's silent sitting and panting, he said, "I can still breathe after all..." He looked toward her, and forced a smile, though it faded on bloodied lips.
"There might be a chance-" He coughed painfully, clutching his chest.
"I love you, Babe..." He whispered, "But you know you'e f**king terrible at dealing with death, right?"
His lips twitched a smile, but he hadn't the strength to laugh.
"I think..." He touched his chest lightly, "This time we... We were luxky. But what if next time we're not?"
He looked at her with pain in his eyes, and shook his head weakly.
"I need to hear you say goodbye, Abby... Can you handle that?"
His hand found hers and sqeezed it delicately.

((Sorry if that makes no sense, I'm falling asleep while typing. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:04 pm

I ignored the metallic stench of the blood that had stained Leon's lips like a layer of rose-red lipstick and had smudged onto my fingers. I was just too tired to react to it. Besides which, there was no point panicking when you were surrounded by a blanket of broken glass.
I then ignored Leon's acceptance that he might survive, because I didn't want to even think about what would happen if he didn't. If he got worse, if his heart really started to fail him and he, say, passed out, I don't know what I'd do. I'd not been trained in First Aid. I barely even knew the Recovery Position. What would I do if he really started to die?
My jaw clenched. I was sick of being helpless. Sick of it.
I love you, Babe... But you know you're f**king terrible at dealing with death, right?
I frowned at him. He said that as if it was a bad thing? Was it a good flaw or a bad one? I could hardly be blamed for not having had a dead or dying relative that I knew well. My life had been bad enough, thank you!
Refusing to look at the weak smile playing his lips, I turned around and began to pick up more of the pieces of glass.
I think... This time we... We were lucky. But what if next time we're not?
I ignored this, too. Now wasn't the time to be thinking about that. If Leon wasn't dying at that moment, weren't we supposed to be celebrating the fact that he survived, then questioning what would happen 'next time'.
Next time. He was actually implying that this was going to happen again. My biggest and most terrifying nightmare: waking up to find a dead fiancé laying in bed with me. Wasn't he grateful? Didn't he want to live?
I could feel his pained stare burning into the back of my head. It was no longer tiredness that was causing these thoughts, was it? He really was thinking exactly what he was saying.
I need to hear you say goodbye, Abby... Can you handle that?
What?!
I turned round on my knees, staring incredulously at him. Did he really mean that? He wanted me to say goodbye to him seconds after he'd recovered from a near-death moment?
My gaze hardened, and I slowly shook my head stubbornly. No way was I saying that. Not after what had just happened.
“No.” I murmured quietly, avoiding his eye as I stepped out of the cloud of glass and threw the large segments in the bin by the door. “No, Leon. I-... I can't. I won't.” I slipped on a pair of slippers, grabbed a dustpan and brush and began to clean away the remaining crystals scattered around Leon's side of the bed.
I stayed in silence until the entire area was clean, until I threw the dustpan and brush loudly in the corner of the room. “I can't!”
It was funny, I was more furious at myself than him for mentioning it. I'd known for longer than any of the band members and the Press that he was dying, and I'd thought I'd accepted it. But because he'd suddenly asked for proof, I just couldn't bring myself to even imagine life without him.
I hated him, and myself, for being in this situation.
For the first time all night, I realised there were tears in my eyes. I wheeled round, gripping my thick, matted hair angrily. My hands were shaking. “I can't Leon. I just can't. I can't...” I caught sight of myself, noticing I still didn't have anything on my top half and sighed in disgust, yanking up another dressing gown from the towels drawer and pulling it around myself.
“I'm scared, Leon.” I hissed desperately, sitting back down on the bed and curling up in a ball, hugging my knees. I'd not even bothered to make sure he was alright. “I am terrified for what the future holds. You have no f*cking idea...” I shook my head. “I can't imagine life without you. I can't even imagine you not being here, now. I don't know how I'll manage when you're gone. I don't know what's happening to me now, I-” I pulled frantically at my hair, frustrated at the fact that it was so hard to just accept. All Leon wanted was one word. One friggin' word! Why was that so difficult?
“I love you, Leon. I really do, but I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I just can't say it. Please... Please don't make me say it...”
Whole body trembling, I gripped the sheets and pulled them up, curling up tighter and resting my head on me knees, sobbing quietly into the shadows.
I felt so alone already, and Leon was right beside me. How the hell was I going to cope when he... He...?
I couldn't even bring myself to say that word.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Leon just nodded silently when Abby denied his request. He understood… Perhaps too well… Why she wouldn’t say goodbye. Thus, he decided not to push her.
Unfortunately, even without pressure from him, she became frustrated enough all on her own.

He watched her blindly as she cleaned up the glass, still fighting for breath, and honestly so weak and exhausted that he did not even register the fact that she was still topless. If he had, he surely would have taken the opportunity to stare… But alas, he had more pressing things on his mind.

There was silence a while as Abby worked, but as soon as she slammed the dustpan down, it was shattered with an angry exclamation of, ”I can’t!”
“It’s okay, Babe…” He hushed her quietly, but his hoarse whisper was lost to her agitated deafness.

He watched with a sad, calm expression as she turned away from him, wrenching at her hair. She wasn’t ready for this. He’d been a hair’s breadth from dying mere minutes before, and Abby still wasn’t ready…
Poor thing. He should never have dragged her into this.

“I can't Leon. I just can't. I can't...” She snatched up a dressing gown and pulled it around her shoulders – and the gesture reminded Leon of how vulnerable she must be feeling. He wanted nothing more than to get up and give her a hug, but he didn’t think he had it in him.
He wished he could smile and tell her that everything would be all right – but he was a bad liar, and he was sick of denial.
“I'm scared, Leon.”
She sat back down on the bed, curling pathetically into the foetal position near his feet.
“I am terrified for what the future holds. You have no f*cking idea... I can't imagine life without you. I can't even imagine you not being here, now. I don't know how I'll manage when you're gone. I don't know what's happening to me now, I-
“I love you, Leon. I really do, but I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I just can't say it. Please... Please don't make me say it...”

Her words struck him like an arrow to his breast, and he could have sworn he felt his heart contract in empathy.
Part of him felt bad for making her feel like this, but a wiser part knew that it was right.
Death was no longer stalking him – it had given chase. It was like that moment in horror movie, when the music speeds up, and you know you’re in trouble.
He could hear the music, now. So fast it made him dizzy.
Like it or not, his time was fast approaching. Abby would just have to accept that… There was no way out.

He drew in a deep, careful breath, then weakly pushed himself up off the headrest.
“Hey…” He murmured softly, swinging his legs over to sit beside her. He could have sworn they were made of lead… And in the end, he had to drag them more than swing, and even that left him breathless.
Still, his hand found her shoulder, and rested there a moment – colder than ice. Then it stretched around to the opposite side, and he squeezed her close to him with what little strength he had.
“Talk to me, if you’re feeling that way.” He almost leaned over to peck her cheek – then tasted the dried blood on his lips, and thought better of it.
“Stupid girl…” He teased, tugging his lips into that irresistibly contagious smile of his.
“I know it’s hard.” He whispered, and the smile shifted to a frown as his tone became more serious. “And I’m sorry I brought it up, Abbs, but you know we have to talk about this, right?”
He twirled her hair around his finger, deep eyes watching her with apologetic concern.
“This…” He glanced down at the dried blood flaking off his chest, “Was quite a scare. I honestly didn’t think I’d make it through. I wouldn’t have, if it wasn’t for you.”
His lips formed a smile again, deathly pale beneath the blood.
“I’m not going to be around much longer to help you through this. It’s a cruel truth… But before I go, I need to know you’re ready to lose me. I don’t mean write me off for dead right now, but… We’ve both been in denial long enough. And it’s been great, but that’s over now. I could die tomorrow. Maybe next week, next month even – I don’t know…” He shrugged, swallowing past a knot of nerves in his throat.
“I just know it’s coming. And you scared me just now…” His eyes found hers, and held them intensely. “I appreciate it, Abbs, I really do, but when I was sure I was dying, the last thing I wanted was you telling me I’d be okay…” He winced, and shuddered slightly, “It made me feel like a total scumbag for knowing I wouldn’t be.
Of course…” He managed a weak laugh, “You were right as usual, weren’t you? I’ll be okay this time.”
He gave her a smile so deeply warm that it was clear it came right from his heart, and he squeezed her tighter with his gentle grip.
If he could, he would take all her pain away… But there was nothing he could do.
He was going to die, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:14 pm

I didn't feel comforted at Leon's attempt to show any sign of affection as he pulled me towards him with an ice-cold arm. If anything, I felt worse. It was nothing but a reminder of how close he'd been to death, and I'd shrugged it off pretty much like it was nothing. I'd actually believed it when I said he'd be okay, too. That was the worst thing. I couldn't accept how bad all this was getting, or rather, I didn't want to accept it.
Talk to me, if you're feeling that way.
But that was the thing, what could he possibly say to make me feel better?
I know it's hard... And I’m sorry I brought it up, Abbs, but you know we have to talk about this, right? And I’m sorry I brought it up, Abbs, but you know we have to talk about this, right?
I nodded soundlessly, sniffing into my knees. I knew it had to happen at some point, since we'd been ignoring it for so long... But in the middle of the night before possibly one of the biggest nights of either of our lives? Why did we have to talk about it then?
I would have much rather nodded, pulled up the covers and gone back to sleep, but alas, Leon was not yet done.
This... Was quite a scare. I honestly didn’t think I’d make it through. I wouldn’t have, if it wasn’t for you. I’m not going to be around much longer to help you through this. It’s a cruel truth… But before I go, I need to know you’re ready to lose me. I don’t mean write me off for dead right now, but… We’ve both been in denial long enough. And it’s been great, but that’s over now. I could die tomorrow. Maybe next week, next month even – I don’t know…
“Okay, shut up.” I muttered weakly, closing my eyes and letting more tears roll down my hot cheeks. If he was trying to comfort me, he was doing a crap job. “Please, Leon, just shut up.”
But he ignored me, like I hadn't said anything, and left me trembling at his side, clasping the fluffy dressing gown by my knees.
I just know it’s coming. And you scared me just now… I appreciate it, Abbs, I really do, but when I was sure I was dying, the last thing I wanted was you telling me I’d be okay. It made me feel like a total scumbag for knowing I wouldn’t be.
But what else was I supposed to say? 'See you in heaven'? I understood how he felt, but there wasn't a section in any guidance books I knew of for 'What to do if your fiancé is dying'. It wasn't something anyone could really help me with, not even Leon. But what did he expect from me?
Why did he expect so damn much?
Of course... You were right as usual, weren’t you? I’ll be okay this time.
This time. This one time.
What about next time? What would I do then?
So many questions...
I felt his arm tighten gently around my shoulder, his soft gaze burning cruelly into the side of my head, and shuddered involuntarily, and it wasn't from the cold.
“You know,” I croaked, wiping my nose with the back of my palm. “Most people would just stick to 'thank you' when someone just saved their life.”
My face hinted no amusement in the statement whatsoever. Of course, I knew Leon was grateful for living another day. But saying it just once might have taken jut a little bit of weight off my shoulders.
“Leon, you can't just expect me to smile and say I'll be fine about everything when you're gone. I wish it was that simple, but it's not. Please... Stop making it sound so easy.”
Sniffing loudly, I pulled a thick clump of hair behind my ear, revealing a very red, bloodshot, tear-stained eye. The tired shadow beneath was even more evident than before. I felt exactly the way I had every night Leon had been in a coma. Alone. So alone... And cold. And my heart hurt like hell.
“Look, can we not talk about this now?” Finally, I brought my eyes to look at him, my face desperately pleading. I was tired. Just tired. We had a big day ahead of us, and a sleepless night wouldn't to either of us any good.
“I just want to be happy your alive and leave it at that. It's the middle of the night, Leon.”
My gaze got teary again for some reason, but it didn't break away from Leon's. I really didn't want to talk about losing him when I had just got him back. It was a terrifying concept which I dreaded to face, especially in the middle of the night.
“Please... Can't we not leave it until another day?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 pm

“You know, most people would just stick to 'thank you' when someone just saved their life.”
Leon nearly laughed at this comment, until he realised that there was no humour in Abby’s tone. The laugh died, leaving an oddly heavy feeling in the pit of his stomach.
“I assumed it was implied…” He muttered under his breath, but he uttered no word of argument – just dropped his gaze meekly to the ground.
He still tasted blood. His limbs felt heavy, he was cold, and his eyes felt as though they were held open by sandpaper. He didn’t want to argue now.
“Leon, you can't just expect me to smile and say I'll be fine about everything when you're gone. I wish it was that simple, but it's not. Please... Stop making it sound so easy.”
He couldn’t look at her after hearing that – but it was just as well, because it seemed she couldn’t look at him, either.
He tried to swallow the guilt in his throat, and nearly gagged when he swallowed blood instead.
Well – better in than out, surely? ((I don’t think he understands how the human body works. XD ))

“Look, can we not talk about this now? I just want to be happy you’re alive and leave it at that. It's the middle of the night, Leon.”
She looked at him then, and he forced himself to meet her pleading gaze, his eyes searching her face.
“Please... Can't we not leave it until another day?”
He drew in a deep breath, then smiled with a subtle patronising sense, and said with pacifying pity, “Of course, Abby. I’m sorry – you’re right as usual.”
The tone he used was not convincing, nor was the placating smile on his face.
Sure, we can leave it until another day! We have all the time in the world! It’s not like I could drop dead at any second now, is it…?
He patted her shoulder fondly, replacing his inner sarcasm with dull submission. He didn’t want to argue about this. Not now, not ever

He sighed, and stood up shakily, his jelly-like legs surprising him with their obedience.
“You go back to bed.” He told her softly, in a voice too tired to show much feeling. “I’m gonna get cleaned up.”
He gestured vaguely to his bloodied face and torso, seeming mildly disgusted, then called upon a miracle to drag his leaden feet into the bathroom.
He felt so… Empty. He just didn’t understand it. It was as though part of him had died already…

Leon took a quick shower. How he managed to stay standing during that time was beyond him, but he did it somehow, and after a little under a half hour, he had crawled back into bed beside Abby.
He stared pleadingly up at the ceiling, wondering if he’d ever open his eyes again after he finally let them drop closed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:54 am

((Major twist idea... Twisted Evil ))

Leon tried fairly hard to hide the sarcasm and disappointment from showing in the way he spoke, and smiled at me like nothing was wrong. But I knew him, and I knew damn well that he wasn't happy with what I'd said.
I couldn't understand it... Was it so wrong to want to sleep on a decision as big as this? Okay, so maybe it wasn't a decision as such, but I needed time to come to terms with what was going on between us. Surely he had to understand that? You couldn't turn to your loved one and tell them truthfully that you were ready for them to die! Especially not so late at night...
When he walked away into the shower, leaving me curled up in the bed whilst hugging the sheets desperately, a feeling of loneliness overtook me and hot tears cascaded down my tired cheeks. The way he'd spoken just then was far from the usual warm, loving way I was used to from him. He was disappointed in me, I just knew it. Well, I couldn't help it. Maybe I wasn't as strong as either of us thought. Maybe I was a coward, or overly emotional. Maybe I overreacted when I was tired. Maybe I was glad he hadn't died, and wasn't ready to say goodbye to him again. But that was who I was, and no one – not even he – could change that.
When I felt his damp, warm body shift closer to me with a tired groan, I swung my legs around and got out of bed. There was no way I was putting up with this.
Silently, I turned on the bedside lamp and began changing no longer caring what Leon saw. I yanked on some thick jogging bottoms and a baggy t-shirt, not even bothering with a bra, and grabbed my coat. My eyes caught sight of the window, and I realised how deep into the night we really are. The sky was pitch-black, the only light out were that of the dim, yellow street lights protecting the roads from darkness and the headlights of the odd car or two passing through the city. Half the streets had been swallowed by eerie shadows.
I buttoned my coat right to the neck, stuffed my hands in my pockets and headed for the door.
“I'm going out.” I said simply, avoiding his eye.
Tired as I was, I had to think this through. I had to make my mind up.
But I couldn't do that in his company.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:32 am

The moment Leon flopped onto the bed, Abby got out the other side, He turned his head weakly, and his tired gaze followed her as she stormed off, and began throwing on a clean change of clothes with such vengeance that it was as though they’d done her a great personal wrong.
With a grunt of concern, he heaved himself into a sitting position, and watched her with confused bewilderment.
“Abby-“
“I'm going out.”
She didn’t even look at him, and her sharp tone stung so much that he actually recoiled.
Why was she so upset?! Surely he’d not said anything that wrong… He’d let it go, hadn’t he? Wasn’t that what she wanted?
“Abby…” He tried again, sounding timid and uncertain, even to him.
She walked straight up to the door.
“Abby, wait!”
But she stormed out of the room, leaving the door to slam shut in Leon’s face – drowning out the confused hurt in his voice. It didn’t leave his expression, though.
He just stared disbelievingly at the closed door, looking as shocked as if he’d just been stabbed in the heart.
It sure felt that way…

Perhaps he was being overly-sensitive, but Abby had never done anything like this before – and that girl was his life. He hated to be apart from her – and as if that wasn’t enough – knowing that she was out there alone, angry with him, and he couldn’t even reach her to apologise?
His lower lip began to wobble pathetically, then he shook his head, and drew in a steeling breath.
There was no use sitting around and moping – if he was so upset, he could just go after her.

Unfortunately, the moment he tried to get up, he realized what a bad idea that was. He was still so week… To go out now, in the cold night air, would be suicide.
If he waited, Abby would come back eventually.
If he went after her, he wouldn’t come back. He knew he wouldn’t.

So with a heavy heart, he pulled the covers over him, and curled into the fetal position, hugging his knees. The heavy emptiness in the pit of his stomach was worse than ever now, and he swore he could actually feel his heart hurting.
He didn’t sleep. He couldn’t. He just lay there, dead still, staring at the opposite wall – and willing the door to click open and bring his Abby back.

He felt like such a jerk for driving her away… It would have been easier if she’d yelled at him.
Hell, he’d even have taken a kick in the crotch over this…

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:33 pm

I pulled the thick, fabric mackintosh further around my waist, stuffing my hands into my pockets miserably. In a way I felt guilty for leaving Leon, especially at such a vulnerable time for him. I shouldn't have left his side if I was so protective of him,if I loved him. But there was no way I could make a decision when he was acting up like that.
I should go back...
I clenched my fists, quickening my pace down the empty street, having actually no idea where I was headed.
I need to go back.
But I didn't. Instead, I headed for a street light that was glowing dimly by the street corner and leant my back against it.
Time to think.

I let out a yawn, rubbed my eyes tiredly and scratched the back of my head, looking around the empty street. The silence rung in my ears so much that a headache began to form and I groaned miserably, wiping the dry tears from my raw eyes.
There was no way I could think like this. I needed to call someone.
I pulled out my phone, found Slade's number and pressed 'green'. It rang a few times, then went straight to voicemail. The poor guy was probably asleep. As the annoying female voice sang through the receiver to say 'the person you are calling is unavailable' and 'please leave your message after the tone... BEEEEEEEEEEP' I sighed, deciding it'd be easier if I let out my feelings out then then leaving it until I went back to talk to Leon.
I couldn't even think that far ahead yet.

“Slade? Hi , it's Abby. I know, this is probably weird for you. It's weird for me, too. But I need someone to talk to. You don't have to listen to this if you don't want to, it's just Leon and I had a bit of a mix-up and I got a bit upset about it, and-... I just need to talk to someone who knows what I'm going through, and maybe feels the same way too.”
I was so light-headed from fatigue that I didn't notice the dark figure approach me from up ahead. He was hooded, his face hiding in the dark shadows and he walked with his hand outstretched, curling his fingers in a 'come' gesture. At least, that's what I thought it meant.
“Slade, I'll... See you. Um... Later.”
I shook my head at the man, frowning at him. I saw no features on his face but his lips, which were moulded into a threatening sneer. Despite my tired state, I sensed trouble.
I had to get out of there.
Trying to get past him but to no avail, I felt his strong hand clasp my wrist, the one holding my mobile phone and squeezed it tightly. The bone in my wrist twisted in his grasp, and the circulation in my hand was suddenly cut off, loosening the grip on the phone. I tried to scream, but nothing but a pathetic squeak left my lips.
My womanly instincts kicked in.
And then I say 'kicked'...

I clenched my fist, keeping desperate hold of the phone like my life depended on it. My knee jerked automatically to his crotch (Sorry Leon, you weren't the lucky young man this time XD) and snatched my hand away, before shooting off down the street back towards the hotel.
One tine problem. I was lost. I didn't know where the hotel was, or even which direction it was in...
Eyes widening in panic, I wheeled round, to see the psycho had disappeared.
I was alone, on a dark street, in the middle of Rome, and I didn't know where I was.
Tears pricked at my eyes. Oh, Leon... Why did I leave you?
But there was no time.
The figure reappeared on the corner of another street beside me – he obviously knew the place better than I did – and leant against the wall coolly.
“That wasn't very clever.” He sneered in Italian, and took a step towards me. I took a step back, threatening to run again.
“No, no, no...” He purred, raising his hand to reveal a tiny blade, just big enough to cause pain and a lot of damage, but not quite enough to kill. Although it depends on where he used it.
I froze.
“I really don't like to get my hands dirty, bellezza. But if you give me what you have, and maybe a little more,” he stepped again towards me , his grin darkening and this time, I stayed exactly where I was, too scared to move from that knife. “You do that for me, and I'll let you go.” He rested the hand holding the knife on my shoulder, waving the blade threateningly towards my neck. I gulped.

He opened out his hand again, this time meaning for me to give him my phone, which I did shakily. He pocketed it,chuckling quietly to himself, then repeated the gesture. I stared at him for a moment. I had a few spare notes in my pocket, but did he know?
The stupid grin on his face disappeared, replaced by an irritated frown. He curled his fingers demandingly.
Looking away, I grabbed the notes in my pocket and stuffed them into his rough palm.
“That's it.” I said in English.
“That's it.” he repeated, nodding to himself. “So how 'bout that 'little more'?” He shoved me back towards a brick wall behind me, pressing the knife closer towards my throat. I clenched my fists until they shook, panic rising in my throat so much I thought I was going to be sick.
He was really going to do it, wasn't he? He was going to-
Going to...
And no one would know about it...
No way would I let that happen.
Before he could make a move on unbuttoning my coat I shoved my fist into his stomach, pushed him out of the way, then made yet another run for it.
Another figure appeared from the shadows and sped on after me. I gasped in surprise, and this caused me to lose my footing and fall onto my knees.
Before I could understand what was happening, two figures were towering over me. The older one with the knife shook his head in disgust and kicked me hard in the stomach, winding me. I choked, clutched it tightly and curled up into a foetal position, trying to use my hands to protect my head and chest.
Toes like swords struck my chest, shoulders and hips. I could nothing but grit my teeth and will for it to be over. No one was around the help, not even any cars. It was 2AM. The only life in the city were the nightclubs, and the hotel had been cleverly positioned far from any or those. I heard a sickening crack by my ribs,and removed a hand from my guard to clutch it desperately, winded.
My attackers took this chance to take a shot at my face, and the next thing I knew, hot blood trickled down my temple.
The world started to spin. The figures blurred. I barely even heard the voice of a kind stranger shouting from down the street: “You two! Oy! Get away from her! The police are on their way...”

'Leon, you wouldn't believe the nightmare I had last night. You woke up choking on blood, we fell out and I ran away into the street, and got mugged and beaten by two guys...'
I imagined the words leaving my mouth, but I heard no sound.
I turned my head, expecting to see Leon's face. But all I saw was darkness.
My eyes fluttered open, and I was met by the complete opposite.
White. Painful white. Blinding white. Was I dead? No,impossible, I was in the hotel bedroom. With Leon. We were together...
I noticed the curtains, and heard the beating of the heart monitor that reminded me of all the nightmares I'd had when Leon had been in a coma. But... If I was awake, why could I hear the heart monitor?
I noticed the face of a young, blonde woman smiling softly down at me. I frowned at her.
“Hello. My name's Jennifer. Can you remember your name?”
Stupid question “Abby. Abigail Johnston.”
She wrote something down on her clipboard. “Abby. You've been in a bit of a dispute. You don't need to worry, though. You're suffering from a cracked rib but the rest is just bruising. Do you have anyone you'd like to call? Family?”
Dispute? What did she mean,'dispute'?
My heart quickened in panic, when I suddenly realised that the nightmare... Leon spewing blood. The muggers, the knife...
I dropped my head back on the flat pillow, my eyes darting over the white ceiling. What the hell was I going to do?
“Abby?”
“H-How many days have p-passed?” I mumbled, tears pricking at my cheeks.
The nurse looked confused. “Abby, you can't have been unconscious for longer than a couple of hours. It's just gone 6AM.”
Thank god... I hadn't missed the concert. But... How was I supposed to sing? Play piano?
“There is someone I'd like to call...” I whispered shakily. “A friend.”
I took a deep,deep breath, and gave her Slade's number.

((Feel free to skip to Slade coming to the hospital, if you want. The idea is Slade gets there before Leon. Wink
I feel aweful... But Abby needs a bit of time ill as well as Leon. She deserves it, anyway Razz Sorry if it's shocking, I wasn't really concentrating. Razz ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:09 pm

By the time morning came, Leon was a wreck. He’d tried calling Abby, but she’d switched her phone off… And he knew she’d done it intentionally, because he’d seen her take it when she left.
The ring he’d taken off her finger the night before lay on the bedside table, looking as empty and lonely as he felt.
Somewhere, deep down, he was beset by the fear that she was never coming back. That she’d run off with someone better, and left him to die alone in a hotel in the middle of a strange city. Of course, he knew Abby would never do something like that to him – but he couldn’t help thinking it.
This was just how it had gone down with Britney…
Well, not quite, but it was too similar for comfort.

As the hours trickled slowly by, he got up and began pacing the room. At times he’d panic, nearly start hyperventilating, and quickly have to calm himself down again. Other times he’d just start crying at random – not bawling or sobbing, just randomly finding his face wet with tears, without understanding entirely why.
He was a nervous wreck – groggy with ill exhaustion, weighed down by guilt, and fried with anxiety for the fact that Abby might not be coming back.

But all he could do was wait, and wait, and wait… Getting more stressed by the minute. He’d called the band – none of them had seen her, and Slade wasn’t picking up.
Jesse had offered to take him out for a drink to get his mind off it, but he’d said he wanted to wait in the hotel for Abby, so he’d be there when she got back…
Whenever she got back…

Early the next morning, Slade was woken by his phone ringing madly beside his bed. He rubbed his eyes groggily, lifted it to his ear, and grunted a response.
What he heard ext jerked him into action so fast that he’d tied his shoes before he remembered he needed pants.
During the resulting scuffle, he listened to the voicemail that Abby had left on his phone earlier, which clarified the other question he had been asking himself:
Why would Abby ask for him in this situation, and not Leon?
He was surprised to hear that the pair weren’t getting along. He’d never seen them anything but happy… Then again, anxiety could do funny things to a relationship, and with Leon on his deathbed, well… It had to be worse than planning a wedding.

After dressing hurriedly and ignoring a few calls from Leon, Slade was in his rental car – a little white Taz – roaring down the street at warp speed.
He must have arrived at the hospital in record timing, since he bolted through the doors utterly breathless -–and panted all the while as the nurse guided him to Abby’s room.
“You dumb git!” he scolded, stomping up to the side of her bed, and instantly slapping the palm of his hand against her forehead. “A girl walking around on her own at night deserves a facepalm far more epic than that, but it looks like you’ve been beat up enough.” He offered a kind smile, and plonked himself down on the side of her bed – not really seeming to care that he was sitting on her knees.
He sighed heavily, trying to let go of his stress, and glanced at Abby with that easygoing smile of his.
“I could yell at you all day for making me worry, but I’m guessing Leon will have that one covered later, so I’ll just shut up.”
He shifted from her bed onto the chair beside it so he could make eye contact, and rested his chin in his hands.
“Well? Go on, then. You wanted to talk to me, right?”

((That was AWESOME!!!! <3 SUCH a fun read. Smile I could hardly reply, because I was like… O.O

Sorry about my post. I never develop my prop characters enough to use them right, so sorry if his personality seems to bounce around like a frog on steroids. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:46 am

It didn't take Slade long to get to the hospital, and I could tell he was stressed the minute he walked in. His dark hair fell in thick strands past his eyes, some brushed messily behind his ears. His face lit up when he saw me, but I didn't know why. I probably looked revolting, all bloody and bandaged with a black and blue face. I hardly felt like a million dollars, either.
You dumb git!
I closed my eyes as he placed his palm against my face, trying to smile. But I just didn't have the strength.
Everything about me ached, inside and out. I couldn't do anything, my breathing was rattled and my bandaged chest throbbed. How long would I need to be in the hospital? What if Leon suffered from me leaving him on his own that he ended up joining me?
I closed my eyes, tears rolling gently down my bruised cheeks. I'd messed this one up. Big time.
The self pity had reached ridiculous levels, so much that I didn't even notice Slade sat on my knees until he moved away and sat on the chair with the poorest attempt of reassurance I'd ever heard. Perhaps this was just Slade, and it would usually have worked, but I had so much weight on my shoulders that it only seemed to make me worse.
He looked like a little expectant child, sat there with his chin in his hands, his eyes all wide and innocent. So friendly.
I couldn't help it. I burst into tears.
“I'm sorry...” I whimpered, ignoring how much it made my face hurt. “Slade... I'm so sorry. I've ruined it for you all...”
I shook my head, deciding it'd make more sense if I started from the beginning, from when I woke up in the middle of the night.
“Leon woke up before me, and he was choking. I woke up just in time and sat him up, patted his back, got him a bucket and everything... But there was blood everywhere, and he was so weak... He honestly thought he was going to die. But I was ignorant, I told him to just give it a few moments and he'd be fine. He was, in the end, but that's not the point. It took him too long to accept he was going to be alright, he spent ages whilst I was running around trying to clean me up to leave him be. He begged me... But I wouldn't. I-I... I couldn't.”
I lifted a weak hand attacked to a drip and tried to wipe the tears away, but I hit a bruise and hissed painfully, giving up and dropping my hand back on the thin mattress.
“When he recovered he told me he'd be okay this time. This time... But that he had to know I could say goodbye to him. He wanted me to say it to him right then... Just like that. And I don't know what it was that made me refuse. Maybe that I'd lost him so many times before. I'd nearly lost him then, but he was alright. I didn't want to say goodbye to someone I'd only just got back. It was the middle of the night, I was tired... All I'd said was 'can't we leave it until the morning?' And after that, although he'd said yes, he acted really funny with me. Like he was disappointed with me, but refused to say anything about it. And-”
I swallowed thickly.
“I couldn't cope with it. I only went out for a walk, to think. Then I got lost and this guy appeared and-”
I looked up at him, my eyes wide and teary, the memories of the previous night haunting my mind.
“He had a knife, Slade. I could have kicked his ass if he didn't. But I-... I was so scared. I didn't know what to do. Then another appeared and... I cant remember what happened after that.
I'm sorry for worrying you, but I needed to talk to someone besides Leon. Someone who knows how I feel. I know I won't be able to sing with you tonight, but hey, it's your concert. It's not like the fans'll miss me. I'll still be able to watch from the sidelines.” I nodded towards the small television attached to the wall.
“Thanks for coming.” I murmured, offering a weak smile. “I really am grateful, Slade.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:45 am

“Woah…” Slade murmured, raking his fingers slowly through his hair as he struggled to take it all in. “You’ve had a rough night, huh?” He uttered an awkward chuckle, then sat silently for a while. He really wasn’t great at this whole ‘comforting’ thing. Especially since he didn’t know Abby that well…
What the hell were you supposed to do when a chick was crying her bloody eyes out in front of you?
“Hey…” He attempted at last, giving her a friendly punch on the arm – though it was delivered so awkwardly gently that it was hardly a punch at all. More of a fist-press, really – if there was any such thing.
“Hey, don’t cry… Please?” He scartched his head, and smiled uncomfortably, then cleared his throat and glanced away, giving up on playing the ‘comforting guy friend’ role. He didn’t much like being friendzoned – so he didn’t make a point of learning how to be a ‘girlfriend’.
“Okay Abbs, first off, don’t even worry about the concert. We’ll have to reschedule it for some other time. If I know Leon, he won’t do it knowing you’re here… Or, well, not knowing you’re here…” He amended, reminding himself that Leon actually didn’t know where on the face of the earth Abby was.
He’d probably have ripped half his hair out by now.
“And as for the thing with Leon… Well, I can understand why you were upset. I’m scared, too…” He shrugged, “I may not show it, but…” He shook his head, “Leon and I are good friends. Sure we’ve had our fallouts, but I don’t wanna think about the fact that he’s actually dying! I mean, f*ck, for such a people-pleaser – he’s pretty damn selfish. To just expect that from you…” He sighed heavily, “But that’s just Leon, Abby. It’s how he operates. I doubt he meant to give you the cold shoulder – he was probably just avoiding conflict. It’s what he does – trust me, I know! He doesn’t like to deal with problems – honestly, I think that’s why he always failed maths when we were at school together.”
If that was supposed to be an attempt at a joke, it was not very effective – but Slade didn’t seem to care.
“Look, clearly Leon was insensitive, but if I know him at all – and I do – then I must say that I’m sure he didn’t mean it that way. I’ve never seen him care about anybody the way he does you. Hell, he won’t even stare at chicks’ asses with me any more!” Slade rolled his eyes irritably, “Fact is, he’s worried about you… About how you’ll cope without him. And in his f*cked up little mind, he seems to think that if he can force you to accept his death now, while he’s still alive, then he can help you through it – so when he dies you won’t be as sad.”
There was silence a moment, then Slade laughed softly, “He’s an idiot, but I know how his mind works. Speaking of which…” He winced apologetically, “You should call him, Abby. He’ll be freaking out, for sure. You of all people know how clingy he is – and besides that, he’s had a girl walk out on him before.” Slade’s lips tightened into a grim line.
“It’s up to you. I won’t tell him if you don’t want me to, but… He’s gonna flip when he hears about this. Just so you know.” He smiled slightly, and flashed a wink.
Well… That was an epic fail of a speech – but what could he do? He sucked at this stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:25 pm

I was too weak and beside yself to argue with Slade when he said his little speech, about how Leon's brain operates and how it was affecting Slade himself. I found it horribly adorable how awkward he was acting. Evidently, he wasn't used to having to put up with crying girls.
Poor guy.
But I didn't regret ringing him, because I could imagine Leon's reaction to seeing me. The questions, constant questions and apologies, showering me with kisse. For once, this wasn't what I wanted. I hurt everywhere, niether a hug nor kiss was what I needed right then. I neededsomeon to talk to, who wasn't Leon, who'd sit down and listen to me. Slade was the perfect company.
Tears stung once more at my eyes. I'd not even told Leon where I was going, I just walked out. Is tht Britney had done? Is that what Slade had eant when he said 'he’s had a girl walk out on him before'?
I swallowed. I'd walked out on Leon minutes after he'd been choking to death and I ended up being the one in hospital! The fact was almost laughable.
My head fell weakly back on the pillow, and I thought through my options. Whichever way I looked at it, the concert wasn't going to go on with me in such a state, whether I sang or not. Leon wouldn't have it. And I still had to tell him yet.
"I'm really sorry, Slade." I said earnestly, turning my head to look at him. "I know you've been stressing over making sure everything went right. I know, this... What I did, it was stupid. I was just so tired..." Not only in the physical sense, either.
"You're right. I'll have to call him at some point..." I sighed, mythroat rattly from both my bruises and the effort of crying. "D'you mind if I use your phone? I just- I don't want him panicking if he hears from the head nurse that I'm in hospital."
There I was, again. Asking more from a guy that had done more than enough for me just by appearing.
I tried t smile, but it hurt my bruised cheeks, so it came out as nothing but a pathetic twitch of my lips.
"I really am grateful that you came." I added. "Thank you. You're...You're brilliant. You know that?"

((Sorry, bad post. Had no muse but I'd never get it done if I didn't do it now Smile ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:50 am

"Of course I know." Slade replied, smiling, "Ever met a rocker who doesn't know he's brilliant?" He took out his phone, found Leon's number, and handed it to Abby. "And hey, don't even worry about the concert. I'm just relieved I was saved the last-minute rush!"
And he honestly did look relieved. The stress-lines in his face had slackened considerably. The poor guy really did have to take up all the band's slack...
"I'm glad you called me." He murmured - and then he did something rather strange.
On the spur of the moment, with his heart in his throat, he leaned over and kissed Abby's forehead.
Just a light peck - purely innocent and friendly. Brotherly, even. Yet nevertheless 'unusual' - especially for somebody like Slade.
Leon had mentioned that Slade liked Abby - but he had never known just how much...
Slade smiled at Abby now, then added, "I'll leave you two," He gestured to the phone, "In peace. Shout if you need me."
With that, he turned and left the room - walking a short distance down the passage until he found a bench where he could sit and wait.

He sat there a moment, silently, then uttered a heavy sigh, and let his head collapse into his hands.
What the f*ck did I just do...?
He raked his hands back through his long, black hair, and slumped back on the bench, staring up at the ceiling.
He knew Abby was off-limits - that she was Leon's girl. And damn it, if she didn't love him, too... But he couldn't help it - she was an amazing girl, and try as he might, he couldn't change how he felt.
He would never act on it, of course he wouldn't - he cared too much for Leon and Abby both - but somewhere in the back of his mind, though he dared not admit it, he nurtured the subtle notion that Leon would not be around much longer...
And though he hated himself for thinking it, he knew what silver lining this storm cloud held:
Abby would be single.
Alone and vulnerable.
Needing somebody to comfort her...
And he could be that somebody.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next