Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2).

2 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2). - Page 7 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2).

Post  Dreambug Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:46 pm

I don't know what I expected, perhaps a hungry stare or an innocent look like 'can I touch?'. But what Leon did when he saw me was not the top of my list of expectations.
My eyes narrowed, watching him with the straightest face I could manage when he was laughing his face off like that. Oh dear... Did I look bad? Or was just the odd change surprise him?
"I've got that poster on my wall." He mused, making a rectangular shape with his fingers. I pulled a face at him. Did he mean I looked like a slut? Admittedly, I hadn't seen many posters on his wall that day at his house, since I'd been too busy crying with him, but I guessed the women posters he had didn't have many clothes on.
I shuffled to the side to give him more room and watched him with a slight half-smile as he rolled happily around in the warm covers like his idea of Heaven, finding it rather odd that he was so cold yet I was, pretty much, boiling. Still, it was one of those things, I guessed, with people suffering from-
I couldn't say it. Couldn't even think it. If I ignored the word, maybe it would cease to exist.
It was a pathetic thought, but I guessed it was better to ignore it than face it head-on. ((Denial mode. Cool ))
"What do you want to do tomorrow? I'm feeling pretty good, so I'm up for anything."
The question came so suddenly it took a while to digest, and even then I had to think rather hard. The next day hadn't even occurred to me.
"I'm up for..." I pondered for a moment, then finished, "Nothing." I handed him the majority of the duvet, but then curled up next to him - although I was uncomfortably warm - and rested a hand on his side.
"Actually, I think we should go to the book shop, get a few magazines, perhaps a book or two, buy some chocolate then come back here. We'll get some music playing, watch trash TV and just... I don't know, do nothing." I shrugged. "We could nip into town and look at the little shops. Go to a cafe, maybe? I don't know. It depends. How does that sound?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2). - Page 7 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2).

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:50 am

"That sounds excellent." Leon replied, grinning as he wrapped more of the duvet around himself. "I can't remember the last time I just sat around and did nothing; at least not by choice." He pulled his hand out from under the covers, and rested it over Abby's hand on his side, smiling contently at her.
"But if you can get me to open a book, that'll be the stuff of legend." He rolled his eyes at himself, and flashed Abby a good-natured wink.
It was no secret that he was not the studious, bookworm type. He didn't read. He just didn't. Magazines he could handle, but books had so many pages... So many words! It just wasn't worth the effort.
"Let's rent Kangaroo Jack and try copy the Australian accents!" He suggested with a chuckle, "G'day, mate."
His Australian accent sounded more Scottish, but he didn't seem to care. He was just goofing off, anyway.
"Well, we've got a big day of nothing ahead of us." He leaned over, and pecked Abby lovingly, then shuffled closer to slide an arm around her. "Let's get some sleep."
He smiled at Abby, stroking her hair away from her face.
It really would be good; just to spend a normal day with her for once... Just doing nothing, but doing it together.
He was almost excited, in a pathetic kind of way.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:05 am

"Challenge accepted." I replied smugly, narrowing her eyes daringly at his little face popping out of the cocoon of duvet. I, for one, was fried already, so I offered the rest of the covers to him and wrapped my arms around Leon's large body, snaking a leg around one of his.
A day of nothing. That's something we both needed.
"Hey, if you're a good boy I could buy us the entire first season of Dora the Explorer to teach you Spanish!" I exclaimed with dramatic excitement. "Bomenos."
I grinned because I knew Dora The Explorer was ten times ore patronising than Kangaroo Jack, and would probably send Leon absolutely insane. But hey, it would be a fun day, I could tell.
"Well, we've got a big day of nothing ahead of us. Let's get some sleep."
"You're right." I replied, smiling lovingly at him, and leant into his embrace. "We'll have to be up in the morning." I giggled at his kiss and pecked his nose back, running my hand through his long hair. Even in his deteriorating state he looked, to me, as beautiful as before it all. Back when we'd first met he'd been so good looking it had pissed me off. Now, however, I could enjoy him for all he was, and as long as he was with me I felt safe.
Time was ticking, but the future didn't matter as long as he was with me for the night.
"G'night, gorgeous." I cooed, leaning forward and kissing him gently on the lips, one hand placed on his pasty, white face, wishing the contact would bring back to the colour he'd once had. It didn't, but as long as I could see his eyes blinking back at me he was fine.
My bare chest pressed at his through the covers, and I soon decided to put up with the warmth and join him under there. He could look at me all he liked, but if he used his hands ungraciously in any special places he'd get it, and not the good 'it'.
I cuddled with him, and although he was wearing his full pyjamas I knew he'd enjoy the contact of my chest against his. Of course he would. He told me.
"Shut up, Leon." I grinned, even though he hadn't really said anything. "Before you say it because I know you will, shut up."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:36 am

Leon pursed his lips to meet Abby's kiss, stretching his neck toward her. "G'night, gorgeous." She cooed, and he just chuckled in response, shaking his head. Not that he minded being called 'gorgeous'. In fact he quite enjoyed it, but he wouldn't admit to that...
Then she began shifting closer to him, and he was distracted from his thoughts by the pressure of her bare chest pressing against his through the covers. To say that the feeling didn't excite him a little would have been an outright lie, but again, he wouldn't admit it.
But when she slipped under the covers and cuddled close to him, he lost any hope of playing it cool. Raising his eyebrows in a cheeky fashion, he flashed Abby a boyish grin, but before he could say a word, she quickly cut him off.
"Shut up, Leon. Before you say it, because I know you will, shut up."
"Ha!" He laughed, "You know me too well, Babe." He ran his fingers through her hair and pecked her forehead affectionately - but after that, he remained obediently silent, apart from a charming little, "Sweet dreams, Honey."

He appeared to fall asleep after that, although he might well have been faking it just to enjoy a few more minutes with Abby's bare chest pressed against him; but either way, he was fast asleep soon enough. He slept all through the night, and woke the next morning feeling, by his own standards, relatively okay. Apart from his usual steady deterioration, he felt much the same as the day before.
He managed to lie in for only a few minutes before he became restless, and then he gently extricated himself from Abby's arms and got out of bed. He tottered dizzily to the bathroom, and climbed into a warm shower. When he got out, he took a few minutes to shave the unwelcome stubble growing on his chin, then went back to the bedroom with a fluffy white towel tied conservatively around his waist. It was silly, really, but even after spending so much time together, Leon still felt just a little shy around Abby - especially naked.
Still, he didn't move to the bathroom to change, but rather took it for granted that Abby was still somewhat sleepy, and dressed himself hurriedly. Once he felt he was decently turned out for the day, he stumbled wearily back over to the bed - tired already - and sat down on the edge, perching there just beside his Abby.
He watched her a moment, smiling to himself, then leaned down and stroked the hair away from her face - dropping a gentle peck on her brow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:19 am

"I can read minds." I corrected him, grinning coolly to myself. "Didn't I ever tell you?" Giggling, I snuggled up to him and closed my eyes, falling asleep to the sound of his heard hammering against my ear.

I awoke once or twice from a nightmare I'd had a few times before. Waking up to a rotting body beside me, Leon's eyes wide and dead, staring right at me. I didn't wake up screaming, but I could smell my sweat and feel the hot tears dribbling down my cheeks every time. Then, I'd keep crying until I cried myself to sleep.
Other than that, I slept brilliantly.
That morning Leon was awake early, but my eyes were too swollen and I was too tired to follow him, so I spent a good half hour just dozing in bed, either unaware or uncaring that I didn't have anything on my top half, with the covers scrunched beneath my back and wrapped around my cold feet. Funny how the feet always got cold, but nothing else did.
My eyes didn't open when Leon kissed me, but I knew immediately that it was him. The contact, despite my horrible night, made me smile.
"It's a good job I knew that was you, otherwise you'd have been suffering with a broken nose by now." I smirked, proud of my crap greeting, and rolled onto my side. I noticed I wasn't covered up at all, except for my bottom half, but I wasn't too bothered by it.
My eyes fluttered open and I studied him tiredly, noting his clothes. He looked pretty ready for doing nothing.
"You know because you love me..." I yawned, then my lips morphed into the sexiest smile I could manage. "Could you go boil the kettle? I'd love a cup of tea."
God, I sounded like a grandma. Oh well, if I couldn't live forever with Leon I might as well embrace the old woman in me sooner rather than later.
"Pwease." I pouted my lower lip at him, eyes sparkling.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:32 am

"It's a good job I knew that was you, otherwise you'd have been suffering with a broken nose by now." Abby muttered as she woke up, and Leon just rolled his eyes at her. "Abbs, if it was anybody else, I'd be getting my ass kicked trying to fight them off." He retorted fairly, smiling tiredly at her.
"You know because you love me... Could you go boil the kettle? I'd love a cup of tea."
He averted his gaze pointedly from Abby's sexy smile, and tapped his chin thoughtfully.
"Should I...?" He mused, "I wonder..."
"Pwease." Abby pouted childishly, and Leon cast her a sideways glance, then pretended to consider it again.
"Well..." He said at last, "Since you said please." He grinned and dropped a loving peck on her cheek - sneaking a subtle glance at her chest, then trotted off innocently to the kitchen to put the kettle on.

He returned not long later with two steaming mugs of tea, and set one down beside Abby - then cupped the other between his hands and sat cross-legged on the bed, blowing on it.
He took a few silent sips, then -without looking up - said conversationally to Abby, "By the way, if you see sugar pretty much all over the kitchen, it wasn't me." He took another innocent sip, then added seriously, "You should really get that sugar problem under control."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:07 pm

My pout grew into a devious grin as he went away to make my tea. Bless him... Even though he was as ill as he was, he still tended to me.
By the time he'd arrived back I was sat up, a blanket pulled up over my bare chest. I took the tea with a grateful mutter of thanks and cupped my hands around the warm mug, mirroring his actions.
"By the way, if you see sugar pretty much all over the kitchen, it wasn't me."
My eyes flicked up at him, and they narrowed slightly. Then, rolling them, I took a sip of my tea. Trust Leon. Really.
"You should really get that sugar problem under control."
"You're right." I replied, mocking his serious tone. "It could cause a real problem if not sorted out. I like sugar." I snickered then sipped my tea, then placed it carefully on the floor by the bed.
"So..." I leant back on my palms, causing the covers to slip suspiciously down my chest. "You up for our busy day today? We've got a lot of nothing to do." I grinned, sticking my tongue out playfully at him.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Leon snickered to himself when Abby continued his serious joking, and cast her an affectionate glance. One of the things he loved most about Abby was the way he could goof around with her, and she would actually play along. What sort of girl did that?! She truly was one of a kind. Grinning to himself, he took another sip of his tea, and cast a sneaky glance at Abby when he noticed the covers slipping down her chest.
"So... You up for our busy day today? We've got a lot of nothing to do." Abby said, sticking her tongue out at him.
Leon made as though to grab it, but Abby closed her mouth long before he got the chance, so he stuck his own tongue out at her instead, delighting in the immaturity of it all.
"Honey," He swaggered, putting on his most charming 'James Bond' voice, "I was born ready. I've been doing nothing my whole life, and I do it bloody well."
Flashing another grin, he set down his now-empty cup of tea, and swooped in to give Abby a kiss.
"So what do you want to do first?" He asked, twirling a lock of her hair absentmindedly around his finger, "Sit around on the bed? Or the couch? Or the carpet? Pretend to watch TV a little? I honestly don't care, as long as it involves making out."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:33 am

I shook my head in amusement at his comment, loving his poor attempt at a James Bond accent. It didn't suit him... At all.
"So what do you want to do first? Sit around on the bed? Or the couch? Or the carpet? Pretend to watch TV a little? I honestly don't care, as long as it involves making out."
I had to laugh at this. There goes the charm.
I leant my head back on his chest so I was looking at his beautiful - if pale - upside down face, grinning at him. My hair tickled his neck and laced around my arm, only making me smile more. I was inssanely ticklish in a morning.
"You're such a gentleman." I teased him sarcastically, kissing his chin.
What did I want to do?
"Well..." I frowned thoughtfully, tapping my chin as if pondering over this for a while. "I wouldn't mind lounging on the bed for a bit more. Maybe put some music on? I don't know." I narrowed my eyes daringly. "Surprise me."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:59 am

"You're such a gentleman." Abby teased, and Leon - ignoring her sarcasm - replied in a posh fashion, "Yes, I am." He smiled to himself, and stroked Abby's hair lovingly, fingers gliding through her locks in a gentle carress. She kissed his chin, leaving him peacefully content, and went on to answer his question, "Well..." She began, "I wouldn't mind lounging on the bed for a bit more. Maybe put some music on? I don't know. Surprise me."
Leon raised an eyebrow at her daring tone, and replied boldly, "Surprise you, huh? Hmm..." He fell silent, contemplating this for a while as his fingers combed gently through Abby's hair.
"Wait here." He said at last, giving her knee a brief pat as he got up and walked over to his guitar case, slumped against the wall in the corner of the room. He took out the instrument, then sat down on the foot of the bed. "Is some live music surprising enough, or are you sick of my singing by now?" He teased, underlining his words with a twang of a guitar string.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:04 am

I waited obediently on the bed, curling up under the covers to keep myself warm, and watched him disappear to go retrieve something from another room. Admittedly I was curious to see where this was going to go, and wondered vaguely whether he did have any ideas other than making out to use up our day.
By the time he came back I was almost ready to go to sleep, when I heard the soft clattering of a guitar placing itself on a knee. I blinked stupidly for a moment, just as I noticed Leon kneeling not too far away from me, looking rather proud of himself. I loved that twinkle it gave his eyes.
"Is some live music surprising enough, or are you sick of my singing by now?" He asked as he absentmindedly plucked away at the guitar strings. The soft melody calmed me.
"I'll never get sick of your singing," I cooed, pouting my lips at him, then snuggled back into the covers.
"Alright," I challenged, folding me hands behind my head coolly. "Impress me, Mister Hunter." My eyebrows wiggled in an amusing fashion to emphasise his name.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 am

"I'll never get sick of your singing," Abby retorted, and Leon just flashed a charming grin in response. He was obviously well aware of that. Abby leaned back then, folding her hands behind her head, and challenged, "Alright, impress me, Mister Hunter." He uttered a bark of laughter at her expression, and flashed a confident grin as he shot back with a swagger, "Better find a bra, 'cause you'll be wanting to throw one at me soon." He winked playfully at her, wisely sliding out of slapping-range, and began plucking out a tune on his guitar.
The notes flowed into a slow, sweet melody, and after a moment Leon began to sing.

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse"

It was remarkable how different he sounded singing Coldplay's slow, high notes - but the sound was undeniably magical. It was not his style, but somehow he pulled it off almost better than the band itself.
He remembered Abby telling him once long ago that Coldplay was one of her favourite bands, and he had rather enjoyed their music himself before he became famous, so it seemed somehow fitting...
He sang the entire song, until finally he finished, and let the notes drift into gentle silence.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:50 am

"Better find a bra, 'cause you'll be wanting to throw one at me soon."
I wasn't too sure what he meant by this at first, but when I caught that stupid glint in his eye again - the same that had made me want to hit him all those times before - I couldn't help but giggle. He was calling me a slut, wasn't he? Well, I wasn't.
Not that sort of slut, anyway.
I looked down at myself, realising I still didn't have anything covering my top half, and shrugged. Leon wasn't exactly complaining, was he?
When he began to sing I recognised the song immediately and smiled to myself, touched. He knew Coldplay was one of my favourite bands, and when was the last time he'd sung something by them for me?
I hummed along, singing along every now and then and nodding to myself to the soft, slow beat. It was a lovely, calm song, and although I didn't want to 'throw a bra at him' as such, it did make a warmth gush to my heart at the thought he'd put into it.
At the silence that followed after the song I resisted the temptation to lean forward and hug him, especially when I didn't really have much on. I glanced around the bed for a top, then decided there wasn't anything within reaching distance so stayed where I was.
I tried to look snobby and straight-faced, but my face betrayed me. Instead of looking unimpressed I ended up looking like a love-struck school girl, but I stood my ground. "Okay. I'm listening now."
Grinning, I leant back onto my pillow, leaving the covers to fall to my stomach, and looked up at him with twinkling eyes. No need to compliment him, he knew he could sing damn well.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:19 pm

When he was done, Leon glanced up at Abby to see her reaction, and found her trying very hard to keep a straight face. He raised an eyebrow, and smirked slightly to himself at Abby's expression. She had enjoyed the song; that expression was all the evidence he needed. "Okay." Abby said, clearly determined to mess with him, "I'm listening now."
"Oh, pft!" Leon shot back, sticking his tongue out. "You were listening the whole time and you know it." His eyes twinkled deviously - and as Abby leaned back and let the covers fall away, Leon flashed a boyish grin. He put his guitar down, then turned and pounced on Abby, tossing an arm around her and kissing her wetly on the cheek.
There was no point whatsoever trying to hide how pleased he was by her nakedness. It was obvious that he was ecstatic, so he didn't bother denying it.
"What's this, my 'reward'?" He asked teasingly, wiggling his eyebrows at Abby in a goofy fashion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 am

It didn't surprise me that Leon saw through my act. I was a crap actor, anyway. Shrugging, I stretched my arms above my head, shamelessly showing off my half-nakedness. Leon seemed to notice this, too, because he pounced rather unceremoniously onto me and I squeaked in surprise, attempting to wrestle him off me. I didn't succeed, however, because he managed to plant a rather unromantic kiss on my cheek. Grumbling, I pushed his face away, wiping the saliva off my face with my hand.
He really did know how to charm a girl.
"What's this, my 'reward'?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I fought the urge to laugh at him.
"I don't know what you're talking about." I stated innocently, folding my arms above my head. "But you seem to be getting a train in your pocket, so if I were you I'd either move or control your urges, Mister Hunter." I winked at him, then shoved him unceremoniously off me and onto the bed.
Truth be told I was getting somewhat chilly, despite the extra heating to keep Leon's body warmth up. I wandered over to the wardrobe, grabbed an excessively loose top and pulled it over myself, not even bothering with a bra. He could use his imagination if he wanted, but he'd have to do more than sing to me if he wanted me to take it off again.
Sticking my tongue out at him cheekily, I skipped back over to the bed and sat cross-legged behind him, nibbling gently on his ear. "Sing another one." I whispered. "I don't have a bra handy, but there's always my shirt." I teased, grinning at him.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:04 am

"I don't know what you're talking about." Abby said innocently, "But you seem to be getting a train in your pocket, so if I were you I'd either move or control your urges, Mister Hunter."
Leon yelped when Abby pushed him off, and made a mad grab for a pillow, which he shoved into his lap, grinning shyly.
"So I've been upgraded to 'train' now?" He teased playfully, "Would it sound kinky if I said 'all aboard'?" ((Leon. No. Stop being like Sloan. -_- ... Oh, who am I kidding? That joke opportunity was too good to resist. Razz ))
He pulled a face when Abby got up to put on a shirt, and when she stuck her tongue out at him, he returned the gesture, then shifted aside to give her space on the bed.
"Sing another one." She whispered, nibbling on his ear, "I don't have a bra handy, but there's always my shirt."
Leon chuckled ticklishly, and reached over to shove Abby away from him, shooting her a grin.
"Okay," He replied, "Last one."
Then he picked up his guitar, and frowned to himself as he wondered what to play.

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:26 am

After thinking for a while, he shrugged his shoulders, and started to sing, strumming out the bouncy tune on his guitar.

"I never dreamt it'd be this way
I've lost any chance for me to say
To say that I miss you, say that I love you
Will someone please tell me I'm okay

I wasn't prepared for what's to come
A life made of memories gone so young
And now I'm regretting all I've done
But in your heart know that I'm with you all along

Wherever you go, I will be waiting
Whenever you call, I will be there
Whatever it takes, I'll make your darkest days so bright
I'm in your heart tonight

I never thought that this could go
And take me away from all I know
And leave me to think I'm on my own
But your love will take me, you were the one...

...Who sat through nights
You held me tight
And made sure I'm okay
And I thank you for the love you gave to me

I'm in your heart tonight...

Tonight...

And if I should fall, I know you're waiting
And if I should call, I know you're there
If ever you cry just know
I'm in your heart tonight...
I'm in your heart tonight."

As he held the last note to the end, Leon's voice cracked, and he broke off, coughing. He frowned, pressing a hand to his chest as he felt his heartbeat quicken. He swallowed, tasting blood at the back of his throat, and forced a slightly pained smile as he looked at Abby. He touched her cheek gently, and leaned in to kiss her lips.
"I love you." He whispered, his voice hoarse from the effort of singing, "No matter what happens... I'll always love you."
His expression softened, and a warm smile spread easily over his lips, but his cheeks were losing colour. His smile faltered as his vision began to blur, and he blinked in an attempt to bring Abby back into focus. A sharp pain was starting in his chest, and he was beginning to feel cold, but he felt no fear.
Inwardly, he felt warm, because Abby was beside him. He could not have been any happier.
This is it.
He slid a hand down Abby's arm, and locked his fingers with hers, squeezing her hand gently. He didn't want to say it, but he didn't have to. The weak trembling of his rapidly cooling fingers said it all. Soon, it would be time to say goodbye.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 pm

I sat cross-legged beside him, my chin on his shoulder, and let my eyes slide closed as his soft, crisp voice lifted into the melody. I could hear the way his fingers flicked the strings so gently the sound was barely audible, almost secretive, like he was whispering the accompaniment to me.
It was a bright tune and a happy melody, but when I began to listen to the lyrics a lump began to grow in my throat. There was a reason why he'd chosen that song, and it wasn't at all to make me take my shirt off for him.
He means every word.
In fact, the further into the song he got, the heavier the weight of his words felt in my heart. He was practically saying goodbye already, loke he knew something was coming. Soon. Too soon.
When he stopped singing I realised the effect the effort had had on him, and he broke off into a fit of rasping coughs. My brow creased with worry and I was on my knees in an instant, looking up at him from the ground. We'd been through this before, I knew what to do.
He needed a bucket. Just a bucket, and some pills, and some water to keep him away.
Keep him alive.
I swallowed the panic that was rising in my throat. It was just a cough.
Keep him alive.
Just a-
My thoughts were cut off as his lips caught mine, but I didn't melt at the feeling this time. I was scared. Terrified, even. But what was scarier than what was happening was how calm Leon was. There was a metallic taste lingering on my lips when he pulled away.
Oh God...
"I love you. No matter what happens... I'll always love you.
"
"I-... I know." I replied stupidly. Too much was happening, too fast. Too soon. "I love you too. Leon-" But when I looked in his eyes, I could see them already losing focus.. His face went pasty white, and his lips dried to a light purple, like he was suffocating. He was struggling to stay awake.
The cold touch on my hand made me twitch, but he grabbed my hand before I could pull away.
"Leon... Don't. Please, don't. Stay with me, baby..." I grabbed his face quickly and patted his cheek, like he was just falling asleep and I was about to wake him out. "Stay with me, baby, please-"
But it wasn't working. My eyes widened. It's happening...
"Oh no you don't." I growled, releasing his cheeks and backing away from him, my head shaking so fast my vision went blurry. "I'm calling an ambulance."

Thirty seconds later the call was made, and I was back at Leon's side, a warm cloth on his brow. "Keep your eyes on me, Leon." I urged desperately, my fingers linked with his. "Just stay awake. I know you can do it. Come on..."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Leon only half-listened to Abby's panicked babbling, but he kept a reassuringly firm grip on her hand all the while, comforting her even as the world swam in and out of focus. He twitched away when she patted his cheek, and shook his head.
"Abby," He murmured gently, "It's okay. It's fine."
He wasn't exactly sure who he was trying to convince; Abby or himself. After all, what part of his death could be considered 'okay'?
It's time.
He swallowed, and watched Abby in a vague fashion while she called for an ambulance. She was not gone for long, but when she returned to his side, he had already grown weaker.
"Keep your eyes on me, Leon." Abby urged, placing a warm cloth on his brow and linking her fingers with his, "Just stay awake. I know you can do it. Come on..."
"Abby," He said gently, reaching out to touch her cheek and meeting her gaze as best he could with his blurry vision, "You understand, don't you?" His expression softened, and he showed her a smile so tender it could melt a heart. He didn't bother saying what they both knew was coming - it was all too harsh, too real...
Instead, he squeezed Abby's hand and - upon hearing the approaching sirens of the ambulance outside - asked, "Are you coming?"
It may have seemed a stupid question, but he had to make sure. If Abby couldn't watching him die in the hospital, that was fine. She had to know that he understood; that he would not hold it against her...
But even as he asked, he already knew the answer. Abby was not cowardly enough to abandon him on his deathbed. She would be there.
Til death do us part...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Abby's panicked state was brought to a halt at the mention of her name, and she glanced down to see her fiancé smiling up at her, horribly calm. Tears welled up in her eyes, but she refused to cry. Leon hadn't died yet.
Yet.
She felt her own face go pale at the thought of it, until a firm shake of her head snapped her back into place. If she couldn't get a hold of herself, what would Leon think? She had to keep it together. Having a breakdown at such a time would be disastrous.
"You understand, don't you?"
She nodded, despite herself. As much as she didn't want it to be true, they both knew what was coming. She could get angry, she could cry, scream, panic all she liked, but it wouldn't stop the inevitable. Either she crumbled in denial, there and then, or she sucked it in and accepted it. But she would not say the 'd' word. Not , at least, until it had happened.
Finally, sirens began to blare down the road of the quiet suburb. Abby took a deep breath to calm herself. Everything would be alright. The ambulance was here...
"Are you coming?" Leon asked with a smile so warm and accepting it made her want to slap him. The urge reminded her of the first time they met, when he'd gone through all that trouble to make her want to hate him, then the one time he actually wanted to help, she'd kneed him in the nuts. The memory almost made her want to laugh.
"Of course I'm bloody coming." She huffed, almost offended that he had to ask. "I'm your fiancée, aren't I?"
Just then the paramedics flooded in, and she took a step back, allowing them to lift Leon into the stretcher. She was back by his side in an instant, fingers intertwined with his.
"Feel special." She murmured, offering a tearful laugh. "I'm not even wearing a flippin' bra."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:42 pm

"Of course I'm bloody coming. I'm your fiancée, aren't I?" Abby huffed irritably, and Leon could only laugh in response. "I knew you'd say that." He replied, flashing her a fond wink. They both looked up when the paramedics entered, and to Leon's surprise, he found them lifting him onto a stretcher. "It's okay." He objected, "I can walk, you don't have to-"
But before he could lodge any more complaints, they had ushered him onto the stretcher, and he just lay there, looking faintly bewildered.
Why is everybody rushing around like this...? Hurrying won't change anything.
Abby appeared at his side then, and Leon smiled when she took his hand.
"Feel special." She teased tearfully, "I'm not even wearing a flippin' bra."
"You can put one on." Leon answered, squeezing her hand, "We have time-" He broke off, frowning when the paramedics began carrying him out on the stretcher.
"Oh," He shrugged, "Guess not. Sorry Abbs."

He remained in his oddly calm, accepting state all the way to the hospital, even though he knew he was weakening by the second, and the paramedics were in a panicked frenzy around him.
Why are they acting like this...? They can't change anything. It's over.
They soon arrived at the hospital, and Leon let himself out of the ambulance without waiting for help. A nurse rushed over with a wheelchair, but he shook his head firmly.
"I'll walk." He insisted, "It's fine, let me walk."
He climbed down from the ambulance, resting a hand against the door to keep his balance as he stood on wobbly legs.
"Abby?" He asked, glancing around for his fiance, "Help me?" He lifted an arm, gesturing for her to lend a shoulder to support him.
The paramedics were staring at him like he was nuts, but Leon didn't care. He was dying anyway, so he would do it his way, and in his time. That, at least, was in his control.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Abby couldn't help but smile at his concern for her, even if she still wanted to slap that accepting smile clean off his face. She didn't mind not wearing a bra. Not really, especially when there were more important things to worry about.
The ride to the hospital was brisk, and although everyone knew what was coming, no one said a word. The paramedics worked around Leon in a frenzy, blabbering biological crap to each other than neither Abby nor Leon would understand. But the basic concept was there. His light was going out. Slowly, but surely.
When they arrived the nurses were horrified to see Leon force himself to his feet and stagger out of the ambulance, but no one intervened. Abby lended him a hand for the step off the ambulance, then wrapped an arm around his for support for the walk into the hospital.
The nurse with the wheelchair glanced at her, and she only nodded wordlessly. Keep it on hand. He may not get as far as the Emergency Room.
She could feel Leon shaking beneath her grasp, and she had to lean against him slightly in order to keep him on his feet. If this walk was going to he his last, he'd do it with pride.
She rested her head against his, her tears trickling onto his ear, and she told him over and over again about how much she loved him, how brilliant he was and how brave he had been in the amount of time they'd been together. It had taken a long time, but she was beginning to accept what was about to happen.
But she wouldn't say the 'd' word. Not yet. Not whilst he was still breathing.

(("It's hard to be a man, but I'm doing all I can. I'm ready to give this all I ave, I'm ready to be amazed... 'Cause I'm standing here alone, trying to make this life my own, and nothing can keep this HEART FROM BEATING, I'M STILL BREATHING!"))

Crying or Very sad
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 pm

Leon draped his arm around Abby's shoulders, and leaned on her as he staggered through the cold parking lot and up the few small steps into the hospital. His legs were weaker than he had expected, and at times he had to drag his feet, but he battled on, jaw set in determination. Abby was beside him all the way, comforting and encouraging him, and he cast her a loving glance when he felt her tears on his cheeks.
"I love you." He whispered, closing his eyes for a moment as he leaned his cheek against hers, not once breaking stride.
With difficulty, Leon battled his way up to his usual room, where he found Doctor Steadman waiting for him. When he reached the bed, his knees buckled, and he found himself sitting without any conscious effort. He looked up at his Doctor, finding a grim gaze staring back at him, and smiled as he asked teasingly for the last time, "What's up, Doc?"
Doctor Steadman grunted and rolled his eyes irritably, but an amused smile lifted his lips.
"You're something else, kid." He muttered, and Leon just shrugged, flashing a none-too-modest grin.
The joking was laid to rest when Doctor Steadman went about attaching Leon's IV, and generally just making him as comfortable as possible.
He sat quietly, for once not objecting to the doctor doing his job, and when it was done, his expression had brightened considerably, the colour returning to his cheeks already. He felt as though he could get up and leave then and there, but he did nothing of the sort.
"Listen, Leon..." Doctor Steadman murmured, sitting down on the foot of the bed, "I think you already know that there's no leaving the hospital this time."
He nodded.
"Then let me tell you how this is going to work." Looking up at Abby, the doctor smiled sadly, and added, "You should hear, too."
With that, he turned back to Leon, and started to explain.
"Basically," He began quietly, "What's happening now is that the virus has destroyed your immune system, and your body can no longer fight off illness. Because it has no way of repairing itself, your organs are going to slowly start shutting down." Leon nodded in quiet acceptance, and the doctor paused before going on, "We've got you on morphine, so you shouldn't feel much pain, but you will find it becoming more and more difficult to breathe. The lack of oxygen will make you tired, and you'll find yourself slowly falling asleep. That's what scares most patients the most. It's a tiredness that you can't fight," Doctor Steadman shook his head, "So don't even try. You had your chance to fight, and damn it, Leon, you held on for longer than I ever thought possible." Leon grinned at this, "Now the time for fighting is over. I'm glad to see that you seem at peace with this, because now the best thing to do is just to let go." He smiled comfortingly, then patted Leon's hand as he stood up.
"I'll leave you two alone." He gave Abby's shoulder a reassuring squeeze, smiling at her briefly, then turned to leave.

There was silence for a moment after the doctor had left, then Leon turned to Abby, and smiled tiredly as he said, "So, here we are. How are you holding up?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:01 am

Leon looked just about ready to fall asleep by the time they'd reached Doctor Steadman's usual room, and Abby slowly perched onto the crappy fold-up chair beside the hospital bed. Her hands were shaking at the attempt of keeping herself together, and tears were still quietly rolling down her cheeks. They'd been here before quite a few times, but it was pretty obvious by the mood that this was going to be the last.
Her glistening eyes flicked to each wall that was surrounding them. The last four walls he'd ever see.
She didn't join in with the usual teasing routine, because she could tell that Steadman was affected by this the same as she was, and it had to be bad for him to actually start showing fondness towards Leon, a boy who he'd always seemed to want to hit whenever he set foot inside the hospital.
She watched the Doctor do his job, attaching Leon's IV drip and adjusting his pillow. Once he was done Leon looked much brighter than before, the colour had returned to his cheeks, and the twinkle was back in his eye. The sight of him looking so happy just made her want to cry again.
She listened quietly as the Doctor explained the situation, although only a handful of words she actually processed. Shouldn't feel much pain... Difficult to breathe... Falling asleep... You can't fight, so don't even try... Just let go.
She sat for a long while with her head in her hands, without any memory of how she'd got into that position, and jumped out of her skin at the firm hand on her shoulder.
As the Doctor left she could feel Leon's eyes on her, warmed by that same bright smile that she was beginning to hate. "So, here we are. How are you holding up?"
She had to laugh at this. He was on his death bed and he wanted to know how she was holding up?
She sniffed, but didn't bother to wipe the tears away. What was the point, when they were only just beginning? "I'm splendid, yeah." She teased sarcastically, sniffing back more tears. "Never been better." She leant forward in her chair and took his hand, warming it up with hers. "But it's not about me anymore, Leon. From now on, it's going to be all about you. You're the priority."
She tried to smile, but it was obviously forced. Once she'd looked at him enough, however, she began to get irritated.
"And for God's sake, stop looking at me like that! Seriously, because if I slap you now they probably won't let me come again." She managed an incredulous half-laugh, before looking away, toying with his fingers intertwined with hers.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:32 am

"I'm splendid, yeah." Abby retorted sarcastically, "Never been better." She took his hand, and Leon's expression softened sympathetically. "But it's not about me anymore, Leon." Abby went on, "From now on, it's going to be all about you. You're the priority."
"Well that doesn't make any sense." He challenged, "I'm not the one crying." He flashed a wink, and touched Abby's chin gently, but then she grew irritated and snapped, "And for God's sake, stop looking at me like that! Seriously, because if I slap you now they probably won't let me come again."
"What?" He asked, blinking with wide-eyed innocence, "This is just my face, Babe." He squeezed her hand when he felt her fingers toying with his, and shifted over slightly on the bed.
"C'mere." He murmured, patting the small section of mattress next to him, "Sit with me. I'll stop making jokes now, I promise."
He took her hand, and pulled her onto the bed beside him with surprising strength for a dying man.
"Do you remember when we met?" He asked gently, folding an arm around her shoulders and hugging her close to him, "God, you hated me." He smiled at the memory, "Looks like that whole 'dying alone' plan I had back then was one helluva cock up, huh?" A breathless chuckle escaped his lips, and he had to fall silent for a moment to catch his breath again afterwards. He was getting weaker, and though he allowed his eyes to take on an accepting sense of sorrow, the smile never left his lips. Now was the time for acceptance.
"Abby," He said gently, "I want to thank you. My whole life, all I ever wanted was to find that one person I could truly love, and who would love me back." Casting her an affectionate glance, he went on, "You've given me all I ever wanted, and for this past year I've been the happiest man alive. I don't have any regrets." He smiled confidently, and cupped Abby's chin gently between his fingers, tears now spilling freely from his eyes despite the smile on his face, "I'm happier right now that I ever dreamed I'd be," He whispered, "And it's all thanks to you."
There was a moment's pause while he caught his breath, then Leon looked deeply into her eyes and murmured, "If I could go back and live my life all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Every moment was just perfect, because it brought us right here." His smile widened, and though his voice shook with emotion and his cheeks shone with tears, he was happy. "Abby, you've been beside me through everything; the good and the bad. You're my best friend in the world, and if we'd had the time, I would have been so, so proud to call you my wife. I'm a really lucky guy to have you in my life."
Taking her face lovingly between cooling palms, Leon pressed his lips to her forehead, and held them there for one precious moment.
"I hope you know how much you mean to me." He murmured, "Because even now..." He shook his head, "I just don't have the words to explain it."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next