Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2).

2 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2). - Page 5 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2).

Post  Dreambug Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:11 pm

I awoke to a risen sun and a bright room, but Leon wasn't yet awake. I blinked a few times to adjust to the light then turned to him, pressing my cheek lose to his lips to check he was still breathing.
He was.
Sighing in utter relief, I shuffled away from him and stretched my arms above my head. Sleep had been comforting, especially with Leon, but I kept having brief dreams that taunted at my fears; that Leon wouldn't wake up, after saying he felt fine, and that he wasn't going anywhere...
Not that he could control it.
But when I awoke I felt much calmer than I thought, my body was still heavily sunk into the mattress and the electric blanket was wrapped tightly around Leon and I, our legs still intertwined with each other. My shirt was scrunched up dangerously close to my chest, and I pulled it down to my stomach, blushing slightly.
"Morning, Romeo." I whispered, pressing my hand against Leon's cheek, then pecked him on the lips for good measure. Hopefully, that would wake him up.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2). - Page 5 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP (Mature Content) - Continued (Part 2).

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:34 pm

((Yay! I was just thinking about this RP. Razz I've missed it. These two are really such a cute couple. ^_^ ))

"Hm?" Leon grunted groggily - dragged from sleep by a voice, then woken more thoroughly by the touch to his cheek. When he felt Abby's lips meet his, he finally managed to drag his eyes open. He blinked at Abby a moment, then mumbled an incoherent response, and closed his eyes again with a sigh. He was tired, and the electric blanket was so warm around him... He just couldn't bring himself to leave that comfortable cocoon and face the world again.
"Jussa few more." He mumbled, voice slurred by sleep.
He squirmed a little closer to Abby, and wrapped an arm around her - obviously a little too comfortable in her presence now.

True to his word, he lay thus for just a few more minutes before he began to stir. At last he shifted away from Abby, then forced himself to sit up - yawning and scratching his head. After he'd rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times, he finally seemed to adjust to being awake. "I slept like a log." He commented, yawning again, then offering a little smile of contentment. "It's good to be home."
Wait... Had he just referred to Abby's apartment as 'home'? Then again, he supposed it made sense... Despite owning a bloody mansion - his happiest times had been spent in that tiny apartment.
"What's the time...?" He asked, scratching his head in tired confusion as he waited for his brain to wake up.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:10 pm

((So have I ^_^ I don't know why I didn't reply... I think I have too many RPs going on XD))

I smiled fondly at his adorable tired, slurry voice and rested back on the pillow, gently brushing his fringe from his eyes. He looked adorable when he slept, I had to admit. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, enjoying the sound of his steady heartbeat thumping against my eardrum.
Eventually he came through once more and I moved away as he sat, rubbing my own eyes, He was right, it was insanely comfy in that bed. I was glad we were home, too.
I checked the time on the clock by the bedside locker. "It's just before half-eight." I grunted, yawned and turned back to him. Bless him, he looked exhausted.
"Stay there, I'll make you some hot chocolate, if you like." I smiled angelically, then leant over and whispered tauntingly to him, "And I'm not even going to ask why my top was so high up my chest last night."
I giggled and kissed him on the forehead, then ruffled his spikey hair, amazed at how good it looked on him.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:22 pm

((You and me both, Dude. Razz ))

"It's still the middle of the night!" Leon groaned dramatically, flopping back against his pillows. He might have complained more, but the moment Abby mentioned making him hot chocolate, his face split into a ridiculously sappy grin. "I have to be the luckiest guy alive." He commented smugly, "Not only am I engaged to a beautiful girl, but she makes me hot chocolate, too."
Abby smiled then, and leaned closer to him, whispering tauntingly, "And I'm not even going to ask why my top was so high up my chest last night."
"It must be a sign." He retorted shamelessly, "Clearly, you'd be better off sleeping without it."
He winked playfully at her as she ruffled his hair, and caught her hand before she could go - giving her a brief peck on the lips.
So this was what he got to wake up to? Was anybody's life as amazing as hid at that moment? He doubted it. He highly doubted it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:37 pm

((Leon... I love you XD))

I giggled at him, kissing him briefly back. "Clearly." I agreed, winking at him before turning to the kitchen area. My pug girl-boxers were still on - thank God - but I didn't bother putting anything else on over them. I wandered to the kettle and turned it on.
"You remember what we're doing today though, right?" I said across the room, leaning back on the counter. "About that phone call you got from your mum yesterday. You still need to talk to them."
By this time the kettle had boiled I found some squirty creme in the fridge and pulled it out.
"I haven't forgotten. Bad luck, lover boy."
Once I'd made the hot chocolate - along with squirty creme - I walked back over and gave it to him, keeping the squirty creme for myself. I squirted a blob in my mouth and swallowed with a sugar-stoned look in my eyes.
"But how 'bout this: if you do talk to them, and your not a complete ass, I will sleep shirtless tonight." I said seriously, despite my 'reward' for him.
I looked up at him, curious to see his reaction.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:01 pm

"Don't remind me!" Leon whined, pulling a face, and folding his arms sulkily. He really didn't want to talk to his parents. It had always been an unspoken agreement in his family that all problems would be swept under the rug, where they belonged, and never brought up again.
'Confrontation' went against everything the Hunterfords stood for. ((Yeah, I totally did just use his 'real' surname. Razz ))
Still - he wasn't too banged up about it - because he'd have Abby with him, and that pretty much made everything okay. Somehow, she always found a way to get him through.
He grinned when she walked back over and handed him the hot chocolate which, after a quick word of thanks, he gulped down greedily. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had hot chocolate... But damn did he love it.
In fact, he was in such a hot-chocolatey coma, that he almost didn't hear what Abby said next.
Almost.
"But how 'bout this: if you do talk to them, and your not a complete ass, I will sleep shirtless tonight."
"Deal!" He replied quickly, face splitting instantly into a boyish grin.
"And to make it more interesting..." He added, grin twisting into a playful smirk, "If I am a complete ass, I'll sleep shirtless tonight. Actually, I might anyway, provided it's warm enough."
He winked playfully at Abby - then confused himself for a moment when he realized he'd winked with his good eye, making himself momentarily blind.
He shook it off, drained the last of his hot chocolate - then set the mug down.
After a dramatic stretch, he finally managed to drag himself out of bed - but he literally only took one step before he stopped again.
He pecked Abby sweetly on the lips, and pulled her impulsively into a hug - holding her gently, in case he hurt her newly-healed ribs.
"I love you." He whispered into her ear, his smile obvious in his voice. "Even more than I did yesterday, and I didn't even know that was possible." He paused to kiss her neck, breathing in the beloved scent of her, and added in a muffled voice, "I guess you just get more amazing every day, don't you?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:44 pm

"Sounds alright for me!" I jeered, squirting another blob of creme in my mouth. I nearly spat it out when Leon hugged me, but thankfully I swallowed before that could happen. "I certainly won't complain. But you can't be an ass, either way."
My ribs still felt like freshly made bruises, but they had healed much better in the night ((Dreambug gave her healing potion. cyclops )) and were less sensitive than the day before. Still, I was grateful that he was being gentle.
"I'm only amazing because I made you hot chocolate." I grinned, squeezing him gently. "And because I said I'd sleep shirtless as a reward for you not being an asshole to your parents."
I ruffled his hair again teasingly. "Yes, I'm onto you, Mister Hunter!" I teased, opening my mouth dramatically and squirting more creme into my mouth, as if it were some big statement I wanted to make.
I could feel his lips on my neck, and twisted my head to the side so he could kiss it more.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:58 pm

"Don't ruin it for me!" Leon groaned, grinning despite himself, "Regardless of my motivation, I'm trying to be romantic here - so just can it, you!" He ruffled her hair teasingly, and dropped a peck on her lips, just to make sure she couldn't say anything else to ruin the mood.
Not that he minded, really. He loved her anyway.
When Abby turned her head to expose her neck, he kissed it again obediently, sliding his arms slowly down to a more intimate position around her waist.
His lips traveled gently up her neck, and he showered her in soft little kisses - gradually working his way to her lips.
Then he paused, and smiled warmly at her.
"You know, boobs and hot chocolate aside... You make me really happy." He tweaked her nose teasingly, then leaned in to plant a brief peck on her lips.
"It's too early to make out, isn't it?" He mused regretfully, toying with a lock of Abby's hair.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:43 am

Leon's lips tickled my neck, causing my to giggl in an unusually girly fashion. Ii wasn't usually ticklish around my neck, so it must have just been him. Leon did that somehow. I stood there, wrapping my hands around the small of his back and allowed him to kiss me, pressing my cheek against his head. When he finally reached my lips, he stopped.
""You know, boobs and hot chocolate aside... You make me really happy."
My cheeks went hot for some reason, and I pressed my lips together to hide the nervous smile. God... I was such a girl. He'd complimented me many times - hell,all I'd done was make him hot chocolate - and yet this time it affected me. I was so easily wooed.
I wrinkled my nose at him comically, and looked down to hide my face. Sometimes I forgot how intimate we were, and he made me feel really shy.
For me, shy was bad. I hurt people when I got shy.
I grinned at the thought.
"It's too early to make out, isn't it?"
My lips parted as another quiet bark of laughter leapt through them. I nodded in agreement, letting out a small 'mm-hm' as I did. "A little bit." I teased, shrugging, and kissing him back anyway. The can of squirty creme dropped from my grip, but I barely noticed.
My arms wrapped around his neck, my hair falling down one shoulder.
After a few moments, I pulled away.
"This will continue after you've talked to your parents." I winked and bent over to pick up the can, aware that he would probably stare at my bum since I only had the knickers on, not that I cared. Once I had it back in my grip I turned to him, pinched his nose, opened his mouth and squirted a blob of creme on his tongue.
Grinning angelically, I released his nose and pecked it lovingly, loudly.
"I love you." I whispered sweetly, then ruffled his hair again, killing the mood.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:17 am

Leon pulled a face when Abby agreed with him - but before he knew it, she was kissing him anyway - and it was all he could do to keep from grinning so wide he wouldn't even be able to kiss her back.
He laughed when she pulled away, shaking his head in amusement. He didn't even seem too bothered by the idea of talking to his parents any more.
"Okay, okay, I get it." He replied, eyes following Abby cheekily as she bent over to pick up the can of creme.
He averted his gaze innocently when she turned back to him, but he knew she wasn't fooled.
Still, a mouthful of creme was hardly a bad punishment, even if it did involve having his nose pinched.
"I love you, too." He answered, once he'd swallowed his mouthful of creme.
"And now I'll go get ready, before a family of birds move into my hair."
He scrubbed Abby's hair roughly in revenge, then patted her on the butt as he walked past, heading over to the bathroom to take a shower.

He emerged about fifteen minutes later, feeling pleasantly refreshed. He didn't seem at all bothered by the fact that he was walking around with just a towel tied around his waist. Then again, that was just as well. He and Abby were well past that stage.
He dug around in his bag until he had found all the clothes he needed - then retreated back into the bathroom to get changed.
Okay, so he was still a little shy... But as he'd said before, it was still too early for that kind of thinking.
He pulled on a pair of plain jeans and, ironically, an old Mayday Parade band T-shirt - which he was still rather fond of despite now having his own band.

Once he was ready, he flopped down on the couch to wait for Abby, sighing heavily.
This was not going to be a pleasant visit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:43 am

I grunted when I felt him pat my backside and glared at him as he disappeared to the shower, tempted to pick up a cushion and throw it at him for revenge, but instead I brushed my hair back out with my fingers, and started to change whilst he was showering.
I dressed into a plain blue vest top and skinny jeans, then pulled on a grey hoodie to keep myself warm. I didn't want to get too dressed up for this meeting, because it would no doubt end in tears.

Leon appeared not too long later, and I resisted the temptation to yank the towel from his waist. He grbbed some closed and vanished to get dressed again, leaving me alone with my own thoughts.
His family would hate me forever for knowing before they did. I doubted I'd ever be able to look any of them in the eye. And his little sister... God, I'd probably bawl my eyes out when he told her. I'd met her before, and she was so lovely, totally unaware of the world around her. I couldn't believe Leon hadn't told her. Maybe his parents were ignorant, but didn't she at least deserve to know?
I made myself a nutella sandwich and scoffed it down, not really bothering about how it tasted. I'd need the entire jar of the stuff when we got back, no doubt.

Once Leon was dressed he sat down on the sofa. Once I'd finished a glass of milk I went behind him, grabbed his coat and flung it over his face.
"You'd better keep warm, just in case." I told him, nodding pointedly. "Don't want you getting a cold."
I zipped up my hoodie then turned to him. "You ready?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:16 am

"Fair enough." Leon agreed, dragging the coat off his face, and slipping it on. The last thing he needed now when he was finally starting to feel good, was to catch a cold and start going downhill again. The truth was, when he was this far along, if he got even a little sick, he'd never come back from it. That knowledge made the world quite a scary place - he was surprised he hadn't turned into a nervous, germophobic wreck already.
"I'm ready." He admitted dispassionately, rolling his eyes - then standing up, and draping an arm around Abby's shoulders. "Let's get this over with."

When they climbed into Mister Oakworth's old car, Leon decided to let Abby drive, since he was still a little skittish around cars after his accident, and he didn't quite trust himself at the wheel.
Still, he found that he was able to relax somewhat during the drive, and he was still feeling pretty laid back when they arrived at his house about half an hour later.
He held Abby's hand as they walked together to the front door, then he grimaced, and rang the bell.
He really didn't want to do this...
"Can't we just pretend we're selling cookies or something?" He whined dramatically, "Although they'll recognize us... Damn, that'll never work..."
Her grumbled mutinously, and turned to frown at his feet, gnawing on his lower lip as he tried to think up a better escape plan.
Before he could, however, the door swung open, and Leon looked up to find his mother's shocked face gaping at him.
"Surprise." He said awkwardly, flashing a stupid grin.
His mother stared at him for a long while, then looked straight past him at Abby, and smiled pleasantly.
"Abby!" She trilled, "How wonderful to see you, dear. Do come in."
She smiled in a way that displayed all her perfectly white teeth, as though she was auditioning for a toothpaste commercial, then grabbed Abby's arm with her painted talons, and pulled her inside.
"Oh, sure, just ignore me completely!" Leon said loudly, walking after them, "That wouldn't be awkward at all."
He rolled his eyes, kicked the door closed behind him, then glanced over to the drunken lump on the sofa, and called, "Hey Dad."
His father raised a beer bottle, and mumbled something incoherent, leaving Leon smirking faintly, and shaking his head in disbelief. They never changed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:42 am

I stood beside Leon at the door, feeling extremely awkward, and slipped both hands in my pockets, but staying close to him. No doubt I'd get a tongue-lashing of some sort, maybe thrown out the house if things got really bad. But I had to keep calm. This wasn't my fight, this was Leon's, and I would stand by him every step of the way. If only to make sure he fought it, if nothing else.
"No." I shot him a look. "I'm not letting you walk away from this."
True to my word I stood beside him, perhaps slightly behind so he wouldn't run away, and rested my chin on his shoulder. "We don't have to stay long, you just need to show your face and have a chat with your folks. Then we can leave."
When the door opened, I tried to look pleasant, but Leon didn't help the situation. At his stupid remark I stood lightly on his toe, warning him to shut up. His mother stared at him for a long while, and for a mminute I thought she might tell us to go away, then she turned to me and smiled.
I winced.
"Hey, Missus Hunter..." I mumbled in an awkwardly bright tone, glancing questioningly at Leon. What was she doing?
Before I could do anything, however, I was yanked in by my arm and staggered through the front hall - because I didn't have much choice - and stopped when she let released me.
This wasn't supposed to be about me. Why was I getting so much attention?
As soon as she let me go I scurried off to grab Leon's hand, and pull him with me. If she was punishing her son by ignoring him, I would make it as hard as possible for her to. "Remember our deal this morning." I whispered in his ear, my lips tweaking a smile, then took him to his mother.
"It's very nice to see you again, Missus Hunter." I said pleasantly, holding Leon's hand firmly to stop him from fleeing. "Um... Yeah." I bit my lip nervously. "Leon would like to talk to you."
I pushed him forward, gesturing that it was his cue to start talking.
Please, Leon, please dont be a twat... I begged silently.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:50 am

Leon moaned under his breath when Abby reminded him of their little deal, and followed her reluctantly over to his mother - looking every inch a sulky teenager.
He folded his arms, and glared randomly around the house as Abby exchanged awkwardly pleasant words with his mother.
Yes, 'Awkward' - that pretty much described life in the Hunter household.

Mrs Hunter smiled sweetly at Abby, but when she replied, her words were sharp as knives. "Oh, well then he can do that himself, dear."
"Maybe I would," Leon muttered in response, "If you'd acknowledge my fu-" He broke off as he caught Abby's gaze out of the corner of his eye, and cleared his throat awkwardly.
The atmosphere was so heavy, Leon almost expected the sky to fall on his head.
His mother pursed her lips, as though the very sight of her son disgusted her, and turned up her nose in a haughty fashion.
"Okay, Mom, I'm sorry." Leon said at last, sighing heavily.
She raised an eyebrow, and looked down her nose at him, waiting expectantly, "I should have told you." He said simply, raising his shoulders in a shrug, "But I didn't, and I'm sorry."
She looked away again, and Leon's jaw tightened in annoyance. He was so sick of the immature game-playing.
"Mom," Leon pressed, although the word tasted bitter in his mouth, "Do you have anything you want to say?"
"Why should I say anything?" She snapped back dramatically, "My own son thinks I don't care about him!" Her voice caught in her throat, but despite her wobbling lower lip, her eyes were so obviously dry, that Leon literally had to fight the desire to shake her like a rag doll.
She sighed heavily, then turned back to Abby with a sickening little simper, "By the way, dear, did I mention how lovely you look to-"
"For god's sake, Mom!" Leon interrupted, voice raised with sudden anger, "This is about me"
He shot Abby a brief glance, gave her a wordless pat on the shoulder that he hoped she'd understand, and stepped forward to face his mother.
"This is real, damn it! You can't just sweep this under the mat like you do with every fu- fudging problem we have!"
"I don't-"
"When were you going to tell me that you and Dad are getting a divorce?"
"I- That's not-"
"Yeah. My attorney stumbled across that gem a few months ago when he was helping me write my will. Y'know, since I'm dying?"
This was followed by a long, awkward silence - which Leon finally broke himself.
"What? That's it? You're just not going to say anything?"
More silence.
There were plenty of things Leon wanted to say and do right then, none of which were particularly pleasant, but in the end he just took a deep breath, and decided to suck it up.
"Okay." He said at last, "You don't have to say anything." He stepped forward, and gave her a brief hug - although it was rather obvious that he didn't really want to.
"Anyway," He sighed, "I just came by to tell you that I love you, in case I don't see you again."
She still refused to look at him, so Leon rolled his eyes, and flashed Abby a stiff smile, nodding in the direction of the lounge, where his father had started snoring loudly on the couch.
Leon shook him a few times to wake him up, then mentioned briefly that he was sorry for not saying something about his terminal illness. His father, who seemed to think this was the first time he was hearing of it, dissolved into tears, and hugged Leon from his spot on the couch, causing his son to bend over awkwardly, and pat his back until he fell back into his drunken slumber.
Leon shrugged, unconcerned, then turned back to Abby.
"Good enough?" He asked, struggling not to sound too snappy or sarcastic. Being around his parents tended to do that to him... "Can we go?"
I'm not telling Kimmie. Please, Abby, don't you dare ask me to tell Kimmie.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:05 am

I listened to the conversation between Leon and his mother - although it was extremely one-sided, I noticed - with a growing grimace. The atmosphere was so tense I was sure the walls were going to pull in and suffocate me, and I ended up shrinking away in a corner with my shoulders slumped. I didn't want to be part of this. It was Leon's fight.
I realised very quickly that Leon's mum wasn't a very pleasant person to be around. Not only did she not say much, but when she talked to me one moment she looked like she wanted to kill me, then the next she was acting all silky sweet, which reminded me far too much of Peach when she wanted me to do something for her. Like when she asked me to sing with her because she was running out of fans and money, and Leon offered to take my place, even though he'd told himself he'd never sing again.
Another reason why I loved him.
When my name was mentioned I looked up hesitantly, but realised at Lein's retort that it wasn't actually aimed at me. It was just Leon's mum avoiding the subject.
I smiled awkwardly at her, then crossed my arms over my stomach and looked down at my flat shoes.
The argument ended surprisingly soon, and Leon surrendered with giving his mum a reluctant hug then went off to find his father. I trailed on behind, not really wanting to see the expressions on either his mum or dad's faces, or in case I was dragged into anything, so I ended up standing by the doormat, my hands in my pockets.
I expected Leon to go see Kimmie, but I noticed he'd not gone upstairs at any point. When he finally found me, he wasn't smiling.
"Haven't you forgotten someone?" I whispered, pointing to the stairs. I knew she'd be the most painful for him to bare, but she deserved an explanation far more than his parents did. Anyway, how would he feel if she had to live the rest of her life thinking he was too cowardly to talk to her?
He'd hate me after all this. I knew he would, and tehnically it wasn't my place to tell him what to do with whatever he had left of his life, but... This had to be done.
"You've done really well." I told him, rubbing his shoulder with a serious expression. "I promise I won't make you do this again. But please... I know how much you love her. Doesn't she deserve this at least?"
The thought of how upset they'd both be after this made a lump grow in my own throat, and I had to push it back quickly before he noticed.
"Remember what I said this morning?" I tried with a weak smile. "Our deal?"
I ran my hand over his cheek lightly, urging him to understand.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:36 am

Leon glanced in the direction Abby was pointing, and his gaze dropped to his feet. "I can't..." He mumbled, shaking his head, "It would hurt her so badly..."
Abby stepped toward him, and rubbed his shoulder supportively, but it didn't make Leon look any less miserable.
"You've done really well. I promise I won't make you do this again. But please... I know how much you love her. Doesn't she deserve this at least?"
"She's too young to deal with this." Leon objected sadly, "She wouldn't be able to cope. She's not strong enough..."
Even he didn't believe that excuse.
Knowing that he had lost, he dropped his gaze to the ground again, sighing heavily.
"Remember what I said this morning? Our deal?"
Leon swallowed thickly, but he didn't mirror Abby's smile. Nothing could make this any easier. Still, she was right... It had to be done.
He turned and gazed reluctantly up at the stairs, then sighed quietly, and turned away from Abby to walk up to Kimmie's room.

He found his little sister sitting up in bed, reading ‘The Little Mermaid’ by the light of her bedside lamp.
When Leon walked in, she uttered a little squeal of glee and exploded out of the bed, tackling him into a hug.
“Kimmie!” He laughed weakly, doing his best to sound cheerful, “You’re feeling okay today?”
She pulled away, and grinned toothily up at him.
“I’ve been loads better lately!” She said proudly, and Leon smiled sadly in response.
“That’s great, kid.” He replied with as much enthusiasm as he could muster – ruffling her hair affectionately.
Kimmie beamed at him a while longer, then her smile slowly faded, and she asked in a small voice, “What’s the matter?”
Leon tried for a smile, but instead he just sighed, and raked his fingers through his hair. Kimmie knew him too well. She could always tell when he had bad news – and right then he could see the fear in her big, beautiful eyes.
“Come here, Kimmie.” He said quietly, sitting down on the bed, and patting his knee. Kimmie followed, and climbed obediently onto his lap, gazing up at him with wide, questioning eyes.
Leon swallowed, and forced himself to look away from the little face he loved so much.
“Look, Kim…” He began slowly, “I… I have some bad news.”
She blinked fearfully at him, and Leon had to bite his lip for a moment before he could steel himself to go on.
“As it turns out, I… I might not be around a whole lot longer.”
“Are you going away?” She asked sharply.
“Well… You could say that.”
“When are you coming back?”
“I… I’m not coming back, Kimmie.”
She stared at him, eyes wide in utter shock, and silently climbed off his lap, backing away slightly.
Never? You’re going away… Forever.”
Leon swallowed, unable to look at his sister as her eyes rapidly filled with tears.
“I’m sick.” He whispered helplessly, “And I-“
“The doctors can fix you!” Kimmie wailed, tears streaming down her face now, “Doctors make people better! That’s what Mommy says!”
“Well, Kimmie-“
“You have to go to the hospital. Then you can get better, and come home.” She choked out the words between hiccups, sniffing back torrents of tears.
“There’s nothing more they can do, Kimmie…” Leon explained hopelessly, his own voice cracking now, “They’ve tried everything, but I’m still-“
“You can’t die!” She cut him off, howling in agony, and flinging herself at him – clutching at his shirt, and burying her little face in his chest. “Don’t leave me, Leon.” She sobbed. “I need you. You can’t die, you just can’t! The doctors will make you better…” She choked slightly on her words, and Leon just held her and stroked her back silently while she cried.
“I love you, Kimmie.” He whispered, gently kissing the top of her head. “And you know I’ll always be with you.”
She pulled away, gazing up at him with glassy eyes, and Leon forced a smile, and laid a hand softly over her heart.
“Right here.” He murmured, “I’ll always be watching over you.”
She took a shaky breath and nodded, then curled up in his embrace, and sobbed quietly to herself.
For a long while, he just held her – the tears streaming freely down his own face, too, as he felt the heavy sobs wrack Kimmie’s frail body.
Eventually the sobs melted away, and Kimmie’s breathing deepened.
Leon mopped his eyes, kissed his sister again, then picked her up gently, and laid her head onto the pillow. He pulled the duvet over her, and tucked her in tenderly.
“I love you.” He whispered, touching her red, blotchy cheek with a single finger.

With that, Leon turned away and left his sleeping sister.
He left the room, and stared blankly around his childhood home, feeling rather dazed.
Then, suddenly, it all came crashing down. He burst out sobbing uncontrollably, and dashed instinctively for his childhood bedroom, where he collapsed instantly on the bed.
Burying his face in the pillow, Leon clutched at the duvet, and dissolved into desperate tears – his entire body shook horribly with the force of his hysterical sobs, and he had to smother his face with the pillow to keep from wailing out loud in despair.
He was utterly beside himself with grief – and there was nothing he could do to get a grip.
He sobbed, and cried until his eyes were jaw, and his throat ached. He kept sobbing, even when his stomach muscles were aching, and his head was exploding in pain.
Sometimes he tried to hold it back, but with each shaky breath, he just dissolved into a fresh stream of tears.
It was all just too much for him, and this time, he really couldn’t cope.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:43 pm

It didn't take me long to realise that Leon had been up there a while, and Kimmie's wails could be heard even by the front door. The sounds of her shrieks made me want to cry myself, and I was suddenly glad I didn't follow him up. Kimmie might feel harassed if I was around, even though I knew she'd liked me in the past. I didn't think she'd want to be watched when she was crying her heart out.
Then again, when the cries died down and Leon didn't appear, I realised he probably wasn't going to.
Biting my lip, I slowly crept up the stairs.

As soon as I appeared on the top step, his cries became audible in a heartbeat.
I slowly opened up the door. It was a room I'd never been in as far as I knew, I certainly didn't recognise it. But it was probably Leon's room. I shuffled in, making sure the door was properly closed before walking to the bed, sitting down and resting a hand on his shaking shoulders. the pillow was damp from his sobs, the duvet creased from where he leapt onto his stomach. The sight of him, the sounds of his agonising wails and the way his shoulders shook with every sob, ended up bringing tears to my eyes.
Without saying a word I laid down on the bed where he cried, wrapped my arms around him and pulled him towards me, stroking his hair and pressing his head to my chest.
This was unfair.
No one should ever have had to go through this.
And the horrible thing was, outside his family and friends, Leon was just a celebrity. A bit of text on a magazine or a newspaper. If the Presss had had their way they'd have raided him with cameras where he stood or lay. But they didn't know how much he was suffering. If they knew, they would have left him alone from the start of all this.
I scrunched my eyes closed, letting the silent tears trickle down my cheeks. Leon had suffered far too much for one seventeen year-old young man, but I'd never seen him cry the way he cried then. It was like all the times he'd shrugged off the thought of dying, not caring to think how scary it would be for everyone, especially him, came thundering back. He was not just a bottomless pit of grief, and all I could do was sit there and hug him.
I hated myself for not being able to save him, or take the pain away.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:05 pm

After a while, Leon felt the bed dip in beside him, and in a moment, Abby's arms were around him. He took a shaky breath, trying to pull himself back together, but the image of Kimmie's devastated face was still too fresh in his memory - and there was just nothing for it but to cry it out.
He felt his head drawn toward Abby's chest, and he accepted the comfort, shifting closer to her, and letting her hold him as he sobbed bitterly.
Eventually his sobs became more sparse, and his eyes dried out - not because he was done crying, but because there were no tears left in him.
He clung to Abby, and slowly he began to calm down.
"I've just had enough of this..." He whispered hoarsely, once he'd finally found his voice. His words were slightly muffled, because he had his face buried in Abby's shoulder, and he was refusing to pull away. He was slightly ashamed, and he didn't want her to see his face... Still, he was glad she was there, because he needed to get something off his chest.
"I actually just... Wish it was over. So I wouldn't have to deal with this any more..." He lifted his head slightly, and stared blankly past Abby to the old rock posters pasted on his bedroom wall.
"I'm just not strong enough." He choked sorrowfully, "I can't handle any more."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:41 pm

I didn't quite hear Leon's whisper, because I was too busy crying into his hair, and it was barely audible anymore. But I could hear the despair in his voice nevertheless, and it made me cry even more. I don't want you to go... I thought helplessly, not for the first time, either. I love you too much... I don't want you to leave me.
We lay there for a few more moments, until I felt the dampness on my shoulder slowly begin to dry, and Leon's tears stopped. It was more than I could say for my own. I clutched desperately onto him, not wanting to let go of the moment when we'd have to leave, and I didn't think we could even get any possibly closer. I just... Couldn't let go.
"I actually just... Wish it was over. So I wouldn't have to deal with this any more..."
I didn't answer, because I couldn't think of one that could possibly be anything he wanted to hear, or I wanted to say.
"I'm just not strong enough. I can't handle any more."
I was aware he'd lifted his head, but I didn't want to lift mine, I just wanted to close my eyes and live in a world where people didn't die of stupid diseases that stupid people gave to others beause they could. In a world where nobody died, niether of us would have to be in this situation.
Swallowing my tears, I mumbled into his shoulder, "You don't have to tell anyone else, Leon. The worst is over." I pulled him closer to me, unwilling to let go.
"No one else has to know."
I reached up and cupped the back of his head in my hand, like a baby of young child in my arms.
"You don't even have to come back here again, if you don't want to. Seriously, it's all about you from now on." I rotated my head just enough to kiss his ear. "You're the bravest young man I've ever known, Leon Hunter. And I love you. I bloody love you..."
That was the last thing I could say, because it was my turn to break into sobs this time.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:03 pm

"How can the worst be over?" Leon asked with a humourless chuckle that caught on a sob, "I'm not dead yet, am I?"
But when Abby pulled him closer, he fell silent, and dropped his gaze, staring blankly just past her shoulder, and feeling faintly ashamed of himself. He was not supposed to be so despondent. He had vowed to enjoy what was left of his life, and he wasn't living up to that promise... He had to get a grip, now.
"You don't even have to come back here again, if you don't want to. Seriously, it's all about you from now on." Comforting as this statement was, Leon still didn't find it very consoling. But when he felt Abby's lips brush his ear, it finally coaxed a reaction from him. He found her hand, and intertwined his fingers with hers, squeezing gently.
"You're the bravest young man I've ever known, Leon Hunter. And I love you. I bloody love you..."
Abby burst into tears this time, so Leon just clutched her closer, turning to kiss her neck. He felt numb, now, with his tears dried out - even though the traces of them were still prominent on his streaked, salty cheeks and bloodshot eyes.
"I love you too." He murmured quietly, "And I'm sorry about what I said before." "I actually just... Wish it was over..." He kissed her neck again, and added, "I wouldn't give up my time with you for anything. But damn it, Abby... Why does life have to be so hard?" He managed a tearful chuckle, then finally shifted himself into a sitting position - taking a deep, shaky breath.
He just wanted to go home. His real home. Far away from this place...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:50 pm

My skin was so hot that I barely felt Leon's lips against it, and I only noticed when I'd wiped my eyes a few times that his head was anywhere near me. I clutched him close to me, aware he was no longer crying, and knotted my fingers into his hair.
He'd not died yet, but even with him this close to me; his breath against my neck, his hair through my fingers, his body pressed against mine... I felt insanely alone.
Why did this happen to him? He'd had a bad enough life without having to die so soon on top of it all. And Kimmie... How would she cope? I'd seen when those two used to talk, he was a hero to her. And she was his lifeline... Almost.
I ignored Leon's apology. I didn't need one.
"I wouldn't give up my time with you for anything. But damn it, Abby... Why does life have to be so hard?"
I wiped away the tears that had turned my cheeks red and my eyes sore furiously, choking on them. They had to go away... I didn't ant to go downstairs and have his parents see me in tears. I was supposed to be over this by now. I'd known all along, hadn't I?
I'd never get over this, I realised. The grief would never go away, it was just something I'd have to learn to live with.
"You don't need to apologise. I expect you to be honest with your fiancee." I managed, pressing my forehead against his. Of course, there was that, too. No matter how early Leon died, or who I ended up with ten or so years from then, I'd still be with him for life. Always.
"D'you want to go?" I whispered, swallowing the rest of my tears. I could cry to my heart's content when I got home. But not here. Not in Leon's childhood house. "I'll make you a cup of tea at my place, if you like. Or hot chocolate, maybe?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:08 pm

fiancee. That was right... He'd almost forgotten that he and Abby were engaged... Somehow, that made everything a whole lot worse. It had certainly not been one of his better ideas, in any case; proposing to Abby.
He sighed heavily, feeling the weight of responsibility settle firmly back onto his shoulders.
"D'you want to go?" Abby asked softly, "I'll make you a cup of tea at my place, if you like. Or hot chocolate, maybe?"
"Home." Leon corrected quietly, "'Your place' makes it sound too temporary..." He sighed, smiled sadly, and added, "But yeah. That sounds good."
He sat up slowly, and hugged his knees for a moment as he waited for his head to stop throbbing.
At last, he stood - taking Abby's hand, and helping her up.
He pulled her into his chest, and held her for a moment - his warm hands resting gently on her back, so comfortable that it was as though they'd been made specifically to rest there.
It was too cruel a fate, he realized as he stood there. He and Abby were perfect together... It wasn't fair that it had to end.
A lump rose in his throat, and Leon swallowed quietly - stepping away from Abby, but holding tighter onto her hand.
"Let's go." He murmured quietly, offering a subtle smile.
He met Abby's eyes for a moment - and he knew that she felt like he did... The connection they shared was just... Indescribable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:59 pm

"Home." I corrected myself once he had, nodding. It was sad, really. Here we were, in his childhood house, and he didn't see it as his home. Yet he saw the crappy little apartment I lived in as 'home'.
When he sat up I used this crucial moment to try and rid of the tears making my face sore and pull myself together. Within minutes Leon had his hand outstretched towards me, and I took it, shakily finding my feet.
When I was pulled into his arms I didn't bother to fight him, I just wrapped my arms around his shoulders, relishing the feeling of his hands on the small of his back, wishing they'd never have to disappear from that spot, but the knowledge that they would made me want to cry again. But I forced the tears away. I squeezed onto his hand when he pulled away, holding ontot he feeling of his touch tingling onto the inside of my palm, and fearing with all my heart the day I'd have to let go.
He looked at me then, and when our yes met I saw more than just him. I saw inside him: all his sorrow, his fears, his loss, his love, everything he'd ever been through, and I felt it with him. It was like we were already one person, and when he died I would literally be incomplete.
I rested my head on his shoulder with a sigh, whispering "Alright," before heading out the door and onto the landing.
"You can come here again if you want." I whispered to him so Kimmie couldn't hear. "This doesn't have to be the last time you see her."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:09 pm

"Don't." He murmured, pushing Abby gently between the shoulderblades as they headed back downstairs. "You'll get me started again. You know I'm too cowardly to go through this again."
He took a shaky breath, and hurried Abby to the door - avoiding his parents, who thankfully did their part by avoiding him, too.
Truthfully, he wasn't sure if he'd come back and see Kimmie again. He liked to think that he would, despite what he said, but it was too painful to think about so soon.
He walked back out to the car, staying close to Abby, and feeling wonderfully glad - not for the first time - to have her by his side.
"Thank you." He said quietly, "For making me do this. It was tough, but... I guess it was for the best." He smiled slightly, although he didn't seem entirely convinced just yet. It was difficult to see the logic in anything that hurt so much.
"What now?" He asked, pausing when he reached the car, and turning back to Abby. "Do you want to just go straight home?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Leon dragged me out the door with surprising skill, his parents didn't seem to notice us leave. Unless, of course, they didn't want to. I couldn't believe his mother before, though. She couldn't at least have said 'goodbye'?
I was too upset to get any angrier, and I allowed him to drag me to the car, eyes red and glistening with tears. I just wanted to go home, curl up on my own bed, hug Leon's pillow and cry like a baby.
Thank you. For making me do this. It was tough, but... I guess it was for the best.[/i]"
I didn't like to think that I'd forced him to do it. I had to be done, didn't it? Gabby had to know. His father had to know... It wasn't like his mother could hide it from them both forever. The news would get out eventually...
I inhaled a long, shaky breath and bit my lip.
At the mention of home, however, my shoulders relaxed. "Yeah. Let's just go home. I need a pillow and a large tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream with me, before I go all hormonal, though." I tried for a laugh, but it just made my nose run. I sniffed.
"Come on. And I'll pay up my side of the bet later." I said, smiling weakly at him. picking at my shirt as if to demonstrate. "You did really well in there." I said, pressing my hand on his cheek. "I'm proud of you."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next