Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parrot and its Beetle! :P

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Parrot and its Beetle! :P Empty Parrot and its Beetle! :P

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:59 am

So Beetlekins. Smile

Can you post your character description (Or just tell me a little about your character) And I'll pick whichever one of my characters will fit best? Very Happy

*noms on head* :3
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Parrot and its Beetle! :P Empty Re: Parrot and its Beetle! :P

Post  *BumbleBee* Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 am

Annabelle Leeman Smith
Her auburn red curls caressed her lightly freckled face, her pointed but delicate shaped face smooth and pure.
Her olive eyes were bright as she scanned the hallways of the highschool, stumbling along daintily as she gripped onto her binder.
Held back neatly with a green headband, auburn curls fell around her face, she rushed forward to get to class on time.
She detested school at the best of times, and usually found some sort of sickness to recieve time off, but today she simply had to be at school, her trigonometry test was first up, and if she didnt attend this lesson, she was sure to fail.
Stepping up a gear and slightly skipping a beat she turned the corner and rammed head first into another student.
Books scattered everywhere and she fell to the ground, slightly scraping her knee.
It wasn't until she saw the slight trickle of blood, did she feel faint and quite sick.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:39 am

((Laiko is just Laiko. Reasonably tall, generally athletic build, fluffy (IT MUST BE FLUFFY!!! *is obsessed*) blond hair and bright green eyes (They change colour slightly at times) So yes - that is pretty much it. Wink I'll RP the rest out. Smile Oh - and he comes with prop characters: His 2 roommates, Mike and Kevin. Very Happy ))

Laiko walked briskly down the corridor, hurriedly running his fingers through his sleep-mussed hair. As usual he had slept in that morning. Usually Mike would have woken him up, but Mike had been out running that morning... Laiko vaguely remembered that Mike had asked him to join the jogging session, but the idea of getting out of bed at 5AM had repulsed him to the extent that even Mike had been discouraged by his expression of obvious disgust, and Laiko hadn't even known it was possible to discourage Mike. A fond chuckle escaped his lips at the thought of his friend, and he ceased his assault on his rebellious blond mop as he reached his locker. He quickly snatched up the books he would need, then closed it gently before taking a quick jogging step away from the lockers and proceeding down the corridor. He walked as fast as he could, though he dared not keep up a jog, since Kevin had already reminded him numerous times that it was against the rules. Though Kevin was his friend, he was also a prefect, and Laiko knew that he would have no problem in reporting his own roommate for breaking the rules. Kevin took his responsibility very seriously... Plus, Laiko could not afford to break any rules. If he lost his scholarship, he would definitely be in trouble. Thus, he couldn't afford to be late. Laiko quickened his pace again, jogging for one short stride as he hurried toward his classroom. His blond hair flopped softly down over his forehead - his long fringe covering his eyes for a moment. His hair was something of a mess, since he had forgotten to comb it that morning, but the casual untidiness suited his face, and besides, Laiko had never been too bothered with fashion, style and the like. He didn't understand it anyway... Laiko stumbled slightly then, and quickly flipped his fringe out of his eyes with a jerk of his head so he could see where he was going. Just at that moment, something streaked around the corner and, before he had time even to think of stepping aside, collided with him. Laiko staggered backwards, but managed to catch himself before falling. Strange... He hadn't known his reaction time was that quick... Shaking off the thoughts, Laiko quickly turned his attention to the poor girl who was now heaped on the floor amongst a scattered pile of books. "I'm so sorry!" He gasped, his eyes widening in horror as he quickly dropped to his knees beside her. "Are you okay? Ooooh, you're hurt..." He winced on her behalf, then gnawed his lip nervously as he straightened up and glanced around. "I'm really sorry, I should watch where I'm going... Can I at least take you to the nurse's office?" Laiko asked kindly, bending down and holding out a hand to help her up. His bright green eyes blinked concernedly at her from amongst the rebellious golden strands of hair that still insisted on falling across his face.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:12 am

Annabelle Leeman Smith
Shaking her head, Annabelle sat up dazed, and stared at the boy who was glancing at her in a panicked flurry.
His hair was extraordinary. Like a story, weaved into placed, in knots and fluff, with streaks of dark brown and light, in interwined together.
Again she shook her head, and stared directly at her knee, who was oozing a slight trickle of blood.
"Ugh..Oh" she gasped, feeling her stomach begin to churn in circles.
The sight of blood wasn't her most favourite fan, let alone a fan at all.
She rocked back and forth groaning, changing colours every second, from a pale white, to white, to pale green, to deep green.
"Its okay, really, i just feel a little sick, i'm sure i'll be-" Her voice cut off as a jerking feeling travelled through her stomach.
She stood up slowly and wobbled on her feet, grasping her now crumpled books in her left hand.
"Sorry about that," she began slowly, staring into the boys eyes, which were a beautiful green, almost enlightening and comforting, until she realised she was probably a similar colour right at this moment.
Holding out her hand, she shook his awkwardly, in a fashion where she thought she may be being a bit silly.
"I'm Annabelle, Annabelle Smith" She pasted a smile onto her face, wondering why she was pretending.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:01 pm

"A pleasure to meet you, Annabelle." Laiko replied kindly, nodding politely to her as he shook her hand. He returned her smile, but then let his expression slide into a concerned frown as he noticed the greenish hue to her skin. "You really don't look well." Laiko asserted gently. "Come on - I'm taking you to the nurse. I'll explain that it's my fault if you're late, so you needn't worry." He offered a comforting smile then and nodded encouragingly to her - completely forgetting about his own predicament in his desperation to help the girl. He felt terrible for knocking her down like that, and as usual he was in no doubt that it was entirely his fault. Still, there was no point dwelling on it, since he couldn't turn back time and change it anyway. So the way he saw it, he might as well do what he could to make it up to her now that the harm had been done. Laiko jerked out of his thoughts then and glanced around briefly as he attempted to remember the way to the nurse's office. It soon came to him, and Laiko turned to face in the appropriate direction. "Come along, this way." He offered kindly, still maintaining his grip on her hand as he began leading her toward the nurse's office. If Laiko knew that such a gesture might ordinarily be seen as inappropriate, he gave no indication of it - and considering his circumstances, it was more than likely that he did not know, and thus he saw absolutely no harm in holding the girl's hand as he guided her towards their destination.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:25 pm

[b>Annabelle Leeman Smith[/b]
Embarrassed and taken back at the same time, Annabelle followed the boy in suit, who she now knew as Laiko.
"Well thankyou.. Laiko" she breathed, feeling the colour returning to her cheeks as she stumbled ungracefully behind him.
"We're going to be late to class" she muttered worriedly, thinking about the test she was for now definitely going to fail.
But more or so, she felt unpleasantly guilty for making Laiko late to his class.
She had already felt terrible about colliding into him in the corridors, but now making him late, she really felt terrible.
"You know, i can take myself to the nurse, i just need a bandaid" she shrugged, "And i don't want you late for class" she sighed, brushing her hair that was now messy and falling out of its neat twirl onto her face.
She stopped in her tracks and put her bag down, digging around for her phone, which she only kept on her for emergencies, unlike most students who kept theirs for social life.
"I can call my Mum, I might just nip home and freshen up anyway" she smiled shortly, but inside she was sinking, just thinking of that Trigenometry test...Though she'd never excelled in it anyway... at least she could come back for Literature and Mathematics, and for lunch.
She pulled her phone up and began slowly dialling the number, taking her time to try and find the numbers.
Any more minute with this peculiar, yet mesmerizing boy counted.
Very Happy

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:27 pm

After taking a few steps, Laiko absentmindedly released the girl's hand, and continued walking along with his arms swinging cheerfully by his sides. When she thanked him, Laiko simply responded with a quick smile, though it faded slightly as he next words struck his ears. He contemplated her concern for a moment, then carefully selected his words in the hope that he could reassure her, at least to some extent. "Don't worry about that." Laiko advised with a kind smile. "I'll have a talk with Principal Hayden - I'm sure he'll understand. It's simply illogical to ask a person to concentrate when they're hurt!" He chuckled slightly, then fell silent as Annabelle spoke again. He tilted his head slightly to one side and regarded her attentively as she spoke - being sure to take in every word. Mishearing could lead to misinterpretation, which could lead to misunderstanding - and Laiko had seen enough of the world to understand the sort of disasters that something as simple as a misunderstanding in a conversation could cause... Then again, perhaps he was being a little too cautious, since he was now getting completely lost in thought whilst she was speaking... So ironic. Laiko quickly refocused his attention, then fixed a pleasant smile on his face as he replied. "No, no - It's my obligation." He retorted, laughing off her objection. "Besides, I was late already. This way I have an excuse!" Laiko winked at her, then came to a standstill as she stopped and began scratching through he bag. He glanced politely away - not wanting to accidentally invade her privacy. He glanced back at her as she spoke, but responded simply with a smiling nod. He had been told that it was rude to speak while people were on the phone, so he figured that was his cue to stay silent... Unless he had misunderstood again. Despite his best efforts, he had a tendency to do that a lot. Still, at least no disasters had come of it! Not, yet anyway.

((Wow... It was so tempting to use emoticons typing that! Haha! I don't know what got into me. Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:04 am

Annabelle put her phone down, giving up after the third try of trying to contact home.
"Are you sure its not a bother?" she whailed.
"I feel so terrible! At least, maybe let me buy you lunch? I have my scooter here"
*OOC - A scooter, moped, not sure if you know them Wink*
She nodded, dropping her phone back into her small yet stylish school/hand bag.
She straightened her headband and fixed her hair, careful not to look at her knee whilst doing so.
She smiled at Laiko tentatively and shyly, careful not to make eye contact, yet his hair was so entrancing.
It was rude to stare, and annabelle knew that, yet it was simply.. impossible not too.
"Excuse me" she smiled, beginning to walk again towards the nurses, hoping he would follow.

Very Happy

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:32 am

"No, no! No bother at all, really." Laiko assured her with a chuckle, raising his hands as though to fend off her complaints. At her next words, a frown of concentration fluttered over Laiko's face. He was now faced with quite a pedicament, since he could not for the life of him work out if he was supposed to accept or decline. On one hand, he would feel awful making her pay for his lunch - surely that would be using her...? It just seemed wrong. But on the other hand, wouldn't it be rude to decline? And he did really enjoy a good meal... Gosh, where were Mike and Kevin when he needed them?! They would usually have helped him to work out what the best course of action was... Oh well, he had always known he'd have to work it out on his own some day - now it was time to sink or swim. So... What to do? He supposed she probably wouldn't have offered if she wanted him to decline... Right? So then should he accept...? Yes, perhaps he would accept after all - he could seldom resist the temptation of a good meal anyhow. "Thank you, you're very kind. I'd love that - though you really don't have to, this was my fault after all." He replied with a slight laugh. He followed cheerfully after her as she began to walk toward the nurse's office, gazing happily around at the familiar sight of the glorious old school buildings. "So, Annabelle." He said suddenly - keen to break the silence that was slowly stretching between them - though he did not recognise it as awkward. "What year are you in? I don't remember seeing you around much before..." He tilted his head slightly to one side, regarding her like a curious puppy as he awaited her answer. He was actually somewhat surprised that he did not recognise the girl, since he had gotten to know many people in the short two years he had been there. Then again, he had seldom ventured outside of his own year, and most of the people he knew, he knew through Mike, Kevin, or friends of Mike or Kevin.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:14 am

Blushing scarlet, Annabelle remembered age difference, and was embarrassed and annoyed with herself for getting out of hand.
"I'm in year 10" she mumbled, "Top Pathway"
Great.. now she sounded like she was bragging! How she wished she was like her best friend Ella, who knew boys like the back of her hand.. which was sometimes a fortunate feat.
"I moved here last year" she smiled, picking up the earlier question.
"My family resides in Australia, but my Dad got a new job and.. here we are" she smiled again,shyly, dipping her head so as to not make eye contact.
A million thoughts ran through her head.
He'd agreed to lunch together, where would they go from there? Could this be a possible friendship? Or even more.. a relationship?
She sagged like a deflated balloon, or maybe he was just using her for a free lunch now.. secretely cheering in his mind that he'd knocked her down in the first place.
Maybe she should cancel ?
Organise it all then pull a sicky?
Fake sick.. cough cough on the phone, easy as pie.
Somehow Annabelle didnt think Laiko would buy it.. since he came across as smarter than the usual year.. year what ?
What year was Laiko?
She studied him carefully.. looking at his features.
Aside from his personality, looks and build being utterly gorgeous, she guessed around a year 12 level.
She sighed deeply, realising two years older wasn't that bad, if you looked your age, but with her body, she looked nearly 10.
Annabelle had always wished to look like other girls, but after going through a stage of Stage 1 Anorexia, she'd never been the same body build.
She was small, flat around the chest regions (Or so she thought when comparing herself to other girls) and was always self conscious of herself.
Like a year 12, or maybe older! Would want to hang out with a small, child like year 10.
Realising she was over thinking the whole situation, Annabelle looked up and blushed scarlet.
"Maybe we shouldn't have lunch. I mean you must have plenty of older friends, and would rather hang with them, then go out to lunch with a young year 10! Sorry about that" she laughed, pushing the nervousness and embarrassement of pity out of her voice.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:53 am

((Assuming that 'top pathway' means, like, high level grades or something? Razz *snickers* I have no clue, so correct me if I'm wrong. Wink ))

Laiko nodded in response to Annabelle's reply, his bright green eyes watching her attentively as he walked. "Wow, impressive!" He exclaimed with a friendly grin as she mentioned the fact that she was 'top pathway'. (*coughs* If Polo does know what that means... *coughs* Hehe!) Laiko fell silent then and listened patiently as Annabelle explained how and when she had come to Hayden High (Don't ask. Razz ). "Considering you've been here only a year, you seem to know your way around pretty well. I've been here two years now, and I still tend to get hopelessly lost even finding my way from class to class." Laiko admitted with a chuckle. "Well, I'm getting used to it now, but it certainly took me long enough." He glanced toward Annabelle with a friendly smile, only to notice that she was now watching the ground and, quite frankly, seeming distinctly more down-heartened than she had a moment before. In fact, she seemed so distracted by her thoughts that he doubted she had even heard him. Laiko glanced away and began gnawing his lip nervously. Had he said something wrong? Or done something wrong...? He frowned as he thought back over his actions, wondering exactly what had triggered this sudden change. Then, at Annabelle's next words, Laiko glanced toward her with a confused, and perhaps slightly upset expression. So he had done something wrong after all - it didn't take a genius to work that one out. The question was, what had he done...? He simply couldn't work it out... He felt terrible though, for whatever he had done, albeit accidentally. Perhaps he'd talk it over with Mike and Kevin later. They should be able to tell him what he'd done wrong, and then he could go back and apologize once he understood. Yes, that was what he would do. Comforted by this thought, Laiko managed a small smile as he replied, "Oh... Well, that's okay. Thanks for the offer, anyway." He paused a moment then, choosing his words carefully. He was terrified that he would say something that would end up upsetting her again, and he really didn't want to risk that. It was all so confusing... He just didn't understand. For one thing, why on earth would she think he wouldn't want to get lunch with her when he had specifically stated that he would like to? So she was a year, maybe two, younger than him - she was nice, so obviously he would enjoy spending time with her. Sure, he had a few other friends, but Mike and Kevin certainly wouldn't mind if he ate lunch with somebody else. In fact, they'd probably be grateful to have a break from explaining things to him all the time. Laiko suddenly jerked out of his thoughts then as he remembered that he was not done speaking, and he quickly thought back over what Annabelle had said. "Maybe we shouldn't have lunch. I mean you must have plenty of older friends, and would rather hang with them, then go out to lunch with a young year 10! Sorry about that." Wait... What? "Really? Would I?" Laiko asked in obvious disbelief, blinking in surprise at the girl beside him. "I don't think so... I mean, I think it would be great to spend some more time with you. Well, that's what I think I think, but..." He trailed off for a moment, frowning in confusion. "Really? I mean, are you completely sure I'd rather hang out with my older friends...? But... Why?" He asked curiously, and though the question seemed to be rhetorical, the way he asked it clearly stated the opposite. He was watching her with an expression not unlike that of a toddler seeking knowledge that the rest of the world saw as obvious. It was a sincere, direct question - and from the intensity of his gaze, it was clear that he expected a serious answer. He was obviously unaware of the fact that, in taking Annabelle's words completely literally, he had missed the point by a mile. The way he saw it - she had stated a fact, albeit a fact about him, and of course he believed her completely. His knowledge on the topic was extremely sparse, thus he made the logical assumption that she would know better than him anyway. Unfortunately, this lead him to rather a lot of confusion, since he had been so completely certain that he would rather get to know her than simply eat with his friends as he always did... But according to her, it was the other way around. This was a shock that he seemed to be finding rather difficult to accept at that moment.

((Sorry for disappearing earlier - battery died. And sorry for the quality of the post. o_0 I just could not explain properly for some reason! O.o At least I was in character though. Razz Hehe! I told you he was gullible. Wink *giggles* ))

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:46 pm

** Polo you put me to shame.. you really do LOL! Yes, clever classes,, *Snorts at Hayden High * I like it Wink **

Annabelle glanced at him as he bubbled and dribbled words out like a nervous puppy. She dropped her bag and just stood, waiting for him to finish.
"I didnt mean it like that!" she bristled, brushing her hair back, then how did she mean it? Anyone could've taken it that way, she was almost.. reassuring herself by stating that outloud.
"I was just, surely you? I mean.." what was she to say? This boy seemed genuinly upset that she'd assume such things.
"We'll go to lunch. Really, i'd love to get to know you more" she burbled, going red as she realised her mistake.
She'd have to be more careful around this boy,for she was one to go a step further and jump to conclusions, whereas this boy seemed to choose his words carefully before saying anything.

Searching for the boy for any sort of clue as to what he was thinking about was a mere impossible feat.
He has a emotionless face as he stared at her curiously, yet confused at the same time.
She felt uncomfortable with the silence, which she guessed wasnt awkward at all to Laiko, yet to her, it seemed to go for a million years.
"Um, Lunch goes at 12, I'll meet you at the front office? I'm sure i can clear myself up from here" she assured, smiling.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:22 am

Laiko cringed away from the girl's defensive tone - instantly feeling extremely guilty for... Damn, once again he couldn't work out what he'd said or done that was wrong - but it had obviously been something to bring that bristling tone to her voice. "Sorry." He mumbled in a small voice, glancing toward the ground with the sort of shame-faced expression of a child caught stealing from the cookie jar. She began stuttering awkwardly then, and Laiko glanced cautiously toward her again - attempting to assess the tone of her voice. Was she angry with him...? No, that didn't seem like anger... It was more like some form of confusion. Ah, so this was the classic disastrous misunderstanding that he had heard so much about, and tried so hard to avoid. It let both parties completely confused and uncertain as to where they stood - almost as though they were speaking on completely different levels, which they most likely were. Well, this was a fascinating discovery... The only question was: How had it come about, and how could he avoid it in future? He really didn't like upsetting people, and he had messed up badly here... Laiko quickly refocused his thoughts as the girl's voice jerked him back to reality, and his eyebrows darted up in surprise as she reinstated her previous offer. Now... Why had she done that? Hadn't she just decided not to go to lunch with him? No, that wasn't it... She had decided that he didn't want to go to lunch with her. Yet now she had changed her mind...? Wow, this was confusing! It was probably best just to go along with it. He'd consult with Mike and Kevin later, and they could explain all this to him and tell him what he had to do... "Uh... Okay." Laiko agreed simply, shrugging slightly and managing a slightly awkward smile. "Twelve... All right, I'll see there." Laiko promised, seeming to relax slightly as he let a kind smile slide across his face. That he could understand, at least. "Once again, I'm very sorry..." He added, his expression quickly sobering as he remembered their earlier collision - which he was certain had been his fault. "Who is your home teacher? I'll make a quick stop and explain to them why you're late." He smiled reassuringly at her - his earlier tension seemingly forgotten already.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 am

Annabelle smiled, relieved that he accepted her offer, after looking distinctivly confused for a moment or two.
"Great, See you then" she grinned as he began to speak again, asking about her home teacher.
"Oh its okay, i'll tell him about it, but thankyou, again for the offer, really" she blushed, picking up her bag and beginning to set off, peeking glances at Laiko as she did so.
He really was a peculiar species of boy, but she liked him already.
A real gentleman she decided, after thinking about him for quite some time.

Getting to class was no problem, Her first teacher adored her, so she had no trouble explaining her difficulty/run in this morning in the corridor.
All through class, Laiko swept throughout her mind.
He was so.. different, yet so mature. She could imagine them becoming close friends, yes, close friends.
She sighed. So many friendships had been ruined once they became relationships.
She definitely didnt want that to happen with Laiko, but once she thought it over again, she giggled at her absurdity of even thinking of the prospect that something similar to those terms could happen between Laiko and herself.

She twiddled her pencil absentmindedly, continously checking the clock above the whiteboard to see how long until 12 oclock.
Counting off the minutes per milisecond, she smiled a little smile to herself when the bell rang and the class filed out.
She took her time gathering her books and her bag, and decided to stop off at the bathroom before meeting with Laiko.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:12 am

Laiko accepted Annabelle's answer - with reluctancy at first, but upon seeing her grin he decided that she really didn't want him to speak to the teacher for her, and was thus able to accept her decision contentedly. He nodded simply, a sweet smile twitching his lips, then raised a hand in farewell as she began to walk away. "See you later." He said, his face splitting into a grin again as he turned and walked in the opposite direction toward his class - for which he was now terribly late.

He arrived there a short deal of time later, and rapped tentatively on the door. At the teacher's quiet "Come in." Laiko pushed the door open and stepped quietly inside. "Laiko, you're late!" A loud voice jubilantly exclaimed, and all eyes turned to Laiko as he stood in the doorway. Rubbing the back of his head awkwardly, Laiko released a slightly embarrassed laugh, then replied, "Hey Mike." He chuckled softly to himself at his friend's silliness, then stepped quickly over to his teacher to apologise for his tardiness. Thankfully, his clean record kept him out of trouble and the teacher simply warned him to keep his punctuality up to standard in future, then sent him to his seat. Extremely relieved, yet somewhat ashamed - Laiko walked quickly to the back of the class and sat down next to Mike. Leaning over with a devious grin, Mike thumped Laiko on the back and spoke in a loud stage whisper, "Good on ya, mate! About time you caused some trouble! So spill it, where were ya?" Mike continued to watch Laiko with an eager grin, but when Laiko glanced up to see the teacher glaring at them, he decided it was best not to risk any more 'trouble'. "I'll tell you later." He whispered quietly, flashing an apologetic smile in his friend's direction. Mike grumbled irritably to himself - making sure that everybody could hear his muttered complaints, which gained some muffled giggles from the class, and a number of glares from the teacher. Laiko shook his head in incredulity and chuckled fondly to himself at his friend's antics. Typical Mike...

As the lesson was nearing its end, Laiko glanced toward the clock on the wall. It was nearly 12 already... He was really quite looking forward to going out with Annabelle. He seldom got to leave the school grounds, so he thought it was likely to be lots of fun. "Got something planned?" came a sudden voice, breaking through Laiko's thoughts and causing him to jump as the sudden ringing o a bell accompanied it. He turned his head to find Mike watching him with an impish grin - obviously having noticed how often he was glancing toward the clock. "Oh yes! I still need to speak to you about it... And Kevin, where is he?" Laiko replied eagerly. "Kevin's on prefect duty, so I'm your only hope, mate! Come on, spill it!" Mike's grin widened as he watched Laiko with a greedy expression - obviously looking forward to causing some trouble, which - unlike Laiko - he was notorious for. "Well, I ran into this girl this morning - she seems really nice - and she said she'd buy lunch for me... I wasn't sure if I should have accepted or not. I mean, it seemed- But I guessed that she did want me to, so... I did the right thing, right?" Laiko asked nervously, watching Mike with a combination of hope and dread. Either way, it was too late to go back now... "Oh, you did the right thing, all right..." Mike replied darkly. "You've done well, Laiko! I'm proud of you!" He exclaimed joyously, roughly grabbing Laiko into a half-hug and giving him a noogie. Laiko burst out laughing and swatted Mike away, then walked with his friend out into the corridor with a grin plastered on his face.
As they waked down the corridor, Mike chattered on and on to Laiko - giving him the most absurd advice he could muster. He had just started explaining to Laiko exactly where he could find a purple top-hat to wear, when his rugby coach suddenly appeared behind them and dragged Mike off to practice. He yelled a good luck to Laiko, then skipped merrily after his coach, who seemed somewhat disgruntled by his star student's over-energetic antics.

Thankfully, when Laiko glanced at a clock on the wall beside him, it showed that the time was already less than five minutes from twelve, so he didn't have time to put Mike's bizarre advice into effect. Instead, he made his way briskly toward the front office and simply hoped that he wouldn't make any mistakes. He was very tempted to ask Annabelle to hold up a 'sarcasm' sign every time she spoke sarcastically as Mike had advised - but somehow he had a feeling that might have been one of Mike's infamous 'sarcasm tests'... He had been forced to endure a lot of those recently, and unfortunately he usually failed... In fact, Laiko was rather proud of himself for having potentially passed this time. That is, unless Mike had actually been serious...

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:29 am

Annabelle walked into the bathrooms and collided with, - unsubstantial coincedence, her best friend Ella.
"Annabelle!" she exclaimed, her deep brown eyes searching her face, for some sort of answer, though Annabelle was unsure as to what she wanted to know.
"Where have you been? I looked for you before school! Before class, what happened?"
Annabelle grinned, and immediately Ella realised something had happened.

"Sit down now girl! Tell me.. come on!" She pressed, pushing her onto the benchs in the bathroom.
"I actually, i really can't right now Ella, I've got a da-"
"Tell me!" She pressed again, grabbing her arms.

Annabelle was used to Ella's perserverance when wanting to know something, yet right now she couldn't possibly tell her the story!
She still had to touch up and meet Laiko.
She began to apply the lipgloss neatly along her eyes, just a simple balm that made her lips look healthy.
Refreshing her light brown mascara, she blinked and felt pleased with her touch up.
"I don't know why you bother wearing mascara! Honestly An" Ella whined, blinking her thickly made up black eyes in her direction.
"I bumped into a boy this morning" Annabelle interuppted Ella's unneccessary, and near childish mind, pointing to her knee.
"Oh gosh, what a dick! He hurt you" She jumped up, staring at Annabelles knee horrified.
"Ella calm! He was very kind about it, we're.. we are going out to lunch, in.." she looked at her watch.
12:10pm.
"Oh god! I must be off Ella, i've really got to go" she picked up her bag and ran out of the bathroom, down the corridors, around the corner.
Where was the office?
A million maps ran through her mind, of the school which she was currently in.
There was the french room, then the photography.. and the art room.. she was in the art campus!
Nerves made Annabelle frequently forget, but she wasn't to know that she was really nervous, though she was possibly quaking.
She made her way down the stairs to the second floor, and came towards a map of Hayden High Campus.
She made her way again as the map told her and soon she found herself on the same corridor as the office.
She saw Laiko sitting on the bench alone, looking rather dejectedly at the ground.
She hurried towards him, and sagged her shoulders sadly.
"I'm so sorry! I went to the bathroom to er.. er.." she couldn't tell him she was applying more make-up.
He'd get the wrong idea!
I err.. went to the bathroom to make sure i looked good enough for you?
But that wasnt the truth! Was it?
She sighed.
This was going the wrong way. They were going to lunch as friends.. and that was final.
She smiled at her stupidity and begun the sentence again.
"I'm sorry i'm so late, i went to the bathroom and bumped into my friend, who well, if you know Ella Starcevich, well, she's extremely chatty, and popular within the male species of this school, you may know her" she smiled.
"Anyway, once i realized the time i began to make my way, but i believe you may have jinxed me this morning" she giggled, recalling to this morning when he said something about her knowing her way around the school very well.
"I got lost, and went up and down multiple stairs to try and get here!" she exclaimed, dramatically putting her hand to her forehead.
"But alas, i'm here now. You ready to go?"
She blushed and hoisted him up by the hand off of the bench.
"My scooter is outside"

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:48 am

Laiko was sitting on a bench outside the office, twiddling his thumbs pointlessly, when finally some hurried footsteps broke through his thoughts. He glanced up curiously to see Annabelle approaching, and his face instantly split into a grin. "No, no - don't worry!" He replied with a laugh, raising his hands as though to fend off her apologies. "Ella Starcevich..." Laiko repeated thoughtfully, pausing for a moment to try and place the familiar name in his memory. "Ah, yes - I think my friend Mike knows her..." He trailed off for a moment, frowning slightly at the thought. Yes, Mike did know Ella, and from what he remembered the break-up hadn't been pretty. Mike had never been... How should he put it... Exclusive, in his relationships. Apparently poor Ella had expected more loyalty from him. But that was Mike - he saw a pretty girl, and he'd stop at nothing to win her over. Then he'd see the next one, and completely forget about the girl he'd had before. Laiko didn't know much, of course, but he had always seen it as somewhat cruel - since the girls often seemed very upset by it. If only he understood why... Oh well, maybe one day he would. "Well, I'm glad you're here now, anyway." Laiko said suddenly, casting aside his thoughts and fixing a grin on his face as he gently took her hand and got to his feet. "I'm ready when you are." He replied with a wink, starting to walk toward the big oak double doors that marked the entrance to the school. He pulled the heavy doors open with unexpected ease, then stood slightly aside and waited for Annabelle to step through first.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:57 am

Annabelle rolled her eyes and realised any boy would know Ella.
"Well if you know any of her many boyfriends.. then you'd definitely know her" she laughed, shifting her school bag from one shoulder to the other.

She followed Laiko eagerly between the Double Oak doors and into the sunshine.
It was a glorious day and perfect for a lunch at Annabelle's favourite hang out.
"Do you like the beach?" she asked, casting her bright blue eyes over to meet Laikos.
A plan raced through her mind.
Go to the "Tearooms" where they sold amazing salt and pepper squid, by the beach (The resteraunt was situated on the shores) and then go for a nice walk along the beach to finish it off.

She placed her bag in the compartment of the seat on her Moped, and reached for Laiko's too, before scolding herself for not asking.
"I um, need your bag to put in here" she indicated, gently reaching for it again.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:15 am

Once Annabelle had walked through the doorway, Laiko quickly pulled the door shut - taking care to close it without slamming it - then jogged after her - catching up with her just as they reached the scooter. When she asked if he liked the beach, Laiko tilted his head slightly to one side and considered the question for a moment. "I don't think I've been to the beach." He replied innocently, "At least - not that I remember..." He trailed off for a moment, clearly lost in thought, then an eager, childlike grin split his face. "This is so exciting!" He chattered eagerly, handing over his bag as she asked for it before going on with his excited monologue. "The beach, huh? I'm really looking forward to this! Is the sea really as big as they say? I mean, it's about two thirds of the surface of the earth, right? Do you think there will be other people there? What about whales? It's whale season at the moment, isn't it? In geography I heard..." His one sided conversation stretched on a short while longer before he seemed to realise his mistake. He broke off then, giving a slightly ashamed laugh. "Sorry, I'm getting a little ahead of myself." He admitted with a chuckle, scratching his head awkwardly. "I'm really excited about this, though. I haven't done anything this fun in a while... Thanks again for inviting me! I-" He broke off again then, suddenly aware that he was starting his prattling yet again. He wasn't even leaving a second for her to speak - how rude! "Sorry." He mumbled ashamedly, though no matter how hard he tried - he couldn't retain the proper amount of shame for very long - he was simply too excited by the prospect of going somewhere new! And the beach! He had heard such great stories about it... He had been wanting to see it for a while now.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:32 am

Annabelle's eyes widened as she saw a younger boy come out of Laiko, a boy she was amazed at.
He babbled on about the beach and a wide grin spread across Annabelles face.
He was genuinly excited to go to the beach, as she was too, but maybe not for the same reason, or not quite the same.
She locked the seat down and handed Laiko a helmet.
"I'll have to teach you to drive this one day!" she smiled, grinning, but then stopped, realising what prospect she'd just stated, as if she took for granted, the time they were spending and she was already prepared for it to happen again.
Her shoulders shrugged lower than before and she passed Laiko the helmet silently.
As if this would ever happen again! She offered him lunch, he'd take it. Simple as that, like they'd organise another lunch "Date" - if it was even near that, ever again.
Unless she bumped into him again, and hurt him, or knocked him over, she'd HAVE to offer him lunch then yes?
or maybe dinner, yes he could meet her cat then.. gosh she loved Thimbles.
Wait?
Was she going mad!
Laiko meet her cat?!
Too far.. way too far, she thought sadly, and looked up with glassy eyes.
"I'm sorry, I didnt mean it like that, i mean, you'll have to ugh learn how to drive one of these one day.. they are terrific" she pasted a smile on her face and leaned her leg over, sitting on the moped now.
She motioned for him to hop on.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:49 am

An eager grin split Laiko's face at Annabelle's suggestion. "Yeah, I'd-" He began eagerly, but then he fell silent upon seeing her expression change, and the grin slowly slid off his face. What had he done that time...? Or, more specifically, what had he not done, since he hadn't had time to do anything other than blink between the moment she seemed cheerful, and the next one where she appeared distinctly subdued. Wow, he really was hopeless at this... He simply hadn't a clue. What had Mike said...? Oh hell, he couldn't remember. Maybe he should have tried to get hold of the purple top hat... Although he didn't see how that could help, really. He glanced down at the helmet that seemed to have suddenly appeared in his hands, and he twirled it thoughtfully - wondering what he should do... He glanced up as she spoke again, and frowned slightly at her words. What exactly did she mean...? Why couldn't she teach him, as she had originally offered? He didn't understand. Laiko studied her face for a moment, and found - to his horror - that her eyes appeared slightly glassy. Was she that upset...? But- About what? "Hey..." He murmured quietly, completely forgetting about her words and responding only to her expression. "Are you okay?" He asked gently, taking a tentative step closer to her. His brow furrowed in concern as his bright green eyes searched her face - a clearly sincere worry showing in every line of his face. He might not have been too skilled at understanding people's words - but one thing he could do was sense when somebody was upset. And it certainly didn't take a genius to tell that Annabelle's smile at that moment was as fake as the signature on Mike's report card.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:00 am

Annabelle looked up and saw Laiko reaching out to her.
Was he genuinly worried? Or was he simply wanting to get lucky with her.
Maybe that was it.
Or maybe he just wanted his free lunch, and if she was upset.. well, that didnt look like a free lunch.
She gripped her hair and yanked it, - hard.
"I'm sorry, i really over think" she babbled honestly.
"I, i, i wont be able to teach you sorry, i mean, this is one free lunch! An apology, its not like i'm going to be running you over in the corridors again anytime soon if i can help it,which means i'm not going to offer you a free lunch again, which means we won't be catching up again. This is a one off" she said sadly to herself, forgetting about Laiko, who was standing over her.
She sighed softly and didnt bother looking up, knowing that Laiko would probably be already headed to Mars, out of her way, so as to never step into her silly life again.
She took off her helmet, and rubbed her forehead.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:23 am

Laiko blinked in surprise at her words, then staggered backwards - her words striking him like a physical blow. "Oh." He said simply, glancing down at the helmet he was still holding in his hands. His grip tightened on it, his knuckled gradually turning white, and he gulped slightly. He drew in a deep breath, then handed the helmet back to her and stepped away. "I'm sorry - I- I didn't know." He admitted earnestly. "I just thought that... Never mind." He shook his head with a humourless chuckle - mentally kicking himself for his mistake. So he should have said no after all. But if that was the case, then why had she seemed glad when he had accepted...? He just didn't get it. "I apologize for the misunderstanding, I really didn't mean to waste your time." Laiko murmured sincerely, glancing up and offering a slightly subdued smile. With a timid half-wave, Laiko glanced awkwardly away, then staggered backwards a few steps before turning in the opposite direction and starting to walk away from her - completely forgetting that he had left his bag in the scooter. He was feeling a little bewildered - and perhaps something else, though he could not quite identify it. One thing was for sure: He was not used to feeling like this, and it would take him a little while to work out how he ought to react to it. He supposed it was a good thing, really... He needed to learn more about the world. He just wished he didn't have to hurt others in the process... Poor Annabelle. All this time, he had been using her without even realizing it... Unless he had been mistaken yet again. That was the last thing he had wanted to do - yet it seemed that was how it had ended up. He wished he could just find Kevin. Kevin would know what to do... Well, probably. Actually, he just didn't know any more.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:42 am

Tears sprung to Annabelles eyes.
"Wait? You wanted to come.. like you mean? There could be another.. hang out time after this?" she was lost for words.
She ran after Laiko and jumped in front of his path, to where he was heading back to the school.
"Look no! You've done nothing wrong!" she gasped, talking fast and pleadingly, "Its me! I'm confusing, i just thought different.. you.. you.. lets go to lunch! I'll get to know you, and we like eachothers company, we can catch up again and i can teach you er.. how to drive a moped!" she bubbled, talking fast and past being able to be understood.

She grabbed his helmet and tried to reach to put it on his head in sheer desperation, but she couldnt reach. She dropped her shoulders and laughed at the situation.

"Just come to lunch with me" She smiled, "We'll talk, i'll get to know you, make the most of meeting eachother in such a weird way" She grinned.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:08 am

Laiko came to an abrupt standstill and stumbled backward a step as Annabelle cut him off. For a moment he wondered if she was about to hit him, as he had seen girls do to Mike on numerous occasions, but as she began speaking he relaxed - and was forced to stifle a laugh at his previous foolish thought. Honestly - that was a little stupid, even for him. As she went on explaining, Laiko felt a spark of relief, then another, and another until finally he could contain it no longer, and a shakily relieved laugh burst from his lips. Damn, but these misunderstandings were troublesome... "Hey, hey." He said with a laugh, gently placing his hands on her shoulders. "Calm down, okay? Don't worry." He soothed, chuckling softly and shaking his head as he removed his hands from her shoulders, then took the helmet from her and shoved it over his head - his fluffy (The FLUFF, Beetle! The FLUFFFFF!) blond hair sticking out untidily from beneath it. "It's fine, see?" He added with a goofy grin, winking friendlily at her. He attempted to brush his fringe out of his eyes then so he could focus on her better, then began speaking in a more serious tone, "I'm sorry, I just... Well, I suppose I don't pick up on subtleties all that well" He admitted with an awkward chuckle - raising a hand to his head out of habit, then remembering that the helmet was there and dropping it back to his side again. "Just tell me what you'll want to do and I'll go with it. I'm just getting confused... I can't work out if you actually want me to go with you or not." He shrugged helplessly, then chuckled to himself. The whole situation was just so silly... Honestly, the pair of them couldn't have been worse suited to hold a successful conversation - what with her always changing her mind, and him getting completely confused over everything she said... Yet all the same, he liked her, and he really did want to spend more time with her, and get to know her... He was just terrified that he would upset her again. He jut wanted everybody to be happy - was that so hard? If only he knew what to do... Why couldn't people come with manuals, like the equipment in the science lab?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next