Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parrot and its Beetle! :P

2 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Parrot and its Beetle! :P - Page 4 Empty Re: Parrot and its Beetle! :P

Post  *BumbleBee* Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:04 am

Annabelle tried not to stare at his wounds as he swam over to her, yet it was hard not too.
His body was like an old peice of art, worn at the edges, yet insanely beautiful all the same.
She clasped his hand tight and showed him the wonders of the ocean, and when asked if they wanted to go to the park, she agreed right away.
"I like parks" she added, smiling and now standing up.
It was getting cold and she wanted to dry off before going into the civilised world.
"Do you mind if i go back to shore now? Its getting rather cold and i ugh.. need these clothes to dry!" she tried making light of her shows, indicating their wetness, before realising the mistake of the situation and drawing her hands away fast, curling them into fists at her side.

She dived back into the ocean, and could hear Laiko dive in behind her, as she swam towards the shore, peeking underwater, despite the stinging sensation it sent to her eyes, at the bullet hole on Laikos back.
When he got to the shore before her, she gasped in mock disgust and ran towards him, leaping on his back and clinging to his shoulders.
"Since i'm the state i am, thanks to you" she laughed, tickling his ear, "You can carry me the rest of the way" she smiled, showing him a fun side to her usual darkness.

Whilst Laiko carried her, comfortably or rather, uncomfortably she couldnt work out, she thought to herself.
If he'd invited her to the park, surely he enjoyed her company?
She shrugged, friends were friends and she was glad to have him.

"Why was there a shooter?" she asked simply, coming across as an innocent, curious three year old girl.
She jumped off his back when they got to their belongings and plonked onto the sand beside her jumper, attempting to keep it dry incase her clothes failed to quick enough.
She buried her hands beneath the warm sand whilst waiting for an answer, too nervous to look up and see his reaction, or to question again.
She she just waited patiently, digging up nearby shells and creating a mound of sand.
Soon enough she'd created a whole city of sand, with a detailed castle and moat, and a sea shell palace across the bridge, before Laiko began to answer her earlier question.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:35 am

Laiko grinned in response to Annabelle's agreement. "I do, too." He replied, nodding enthusiastically. Though now he thought about it, there wasn't much point in saying that... He was the one who had made the suggestion, so of course she knew he liked parks... Ah well, where was the fun in life if one didn't embarrass oneself saying stupid things? Laiko stood up as she did and turned to look at her as she began to speak. "Of course, I'm rather cold myself..." He responded, though he spoke in a muffled and somewhat distracted tone - for he had been forced to drop his gaze again when Annabelle gestured toward the wetness of her clothes. He had no clue why he was being so shy all the time... He was usually the furthest thing from shy!
Thus, he was relieved when Annabelle dived into the ocean, and he could follow without worry. He swam after her through the pleasantly cool waves, passing her after a while - then dragging himself onto the shore just ahead of her. He was gradually getting used to being back on dry land, when suddenly something collided with his back. He staggered forwards, struggling to keep his balance for a moment under the unexpected weight, then he managed to get his bearings and, upon hearing Annabelle's words, burst out laughing. He hooked his arms around her legs and started forward - a cheerful grin plastered to his face. "C'mon then, you conniving fiend!" He teased, jerking his head away and pretending to drop her in revenge as she tickled his ear.

Laiko dumped her in the sand beside their belongings as he heard her next question. At first he did not answer, but simply sat beside her in silence and thought over it - searching his reluctant and disobedient mind for answers. "I... Don't know." He said finally - rather disappointed that those three words formed the only answer he had been able to come up with all that time. "I'm not sure why..." He added hesitantly, deciding that he could offer at least as much information as he himself had, even if most of it was a worthless hunch. "But as I know this did happen to me at least once before - if I was to hazard a guess... I'd say that perhaps it has something to do with me... Or maybe it's just co-incidence. Maybe I have a habit of winding up in the wrong place at the wrong time - who knows?" He chuckled softly, shrugging his shoulder, then turning to her with a smile. He glanced down at the sand castle, and his smile softened as he fondly examined the work of the girl who was rapidly becoming one of his closest friends. "It's beautiful." He murmured quietly. As he continued to watch Annabelle's hands delicately working at the castle, Laiko felt an unexpected rush of affection, and turned his gaze to Annabelle with a tender, loving expression. A moment later he got a grip on himself, and quickly shook off his thoughts - straightening his expression an hoping vaguely that Annabelle hadn't noticed the strangely sappy expression that had been on his face a moment before - since even he didn't know how it had come to be there.
Laiko cleared his throat awkwardly - pulling his attention away from his somewhat degrading thoughts. "Right then! Shall we be off?" He asked with a smile - picking up his shirt and tugging it on. It clung to his damp skin, and Laiko had to jerk at the edges to straighten it. He grabbed his bag then, and rummaged around inside it for a moment, then pulled out a thick, warm hoodie. "Put this on." He offered, tossing it at her with a kind smile.
He glanced toward the Moped as he waited for Annabelle - hoping that they could head off soon. He was beginning to feel a little uneasy now, and certainly didn't want a repeat of what had happened yesterday.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:46 am

Feeling the tension and awkwardness within the air, Annabelle stood up.
"To the park we go!" she smiled.

Lush green groves grew, with winding brown tree trucks within the mossy ground.
The park was gorgeous, and not just for the natural side of things, but also the mystical iron art hidden within the lakes and plants.
"This is gorgeous" Annabelle breathed, holding onto Laikos hand loosely, swinging it as she walked slowly, taking care to look at everything.
Every intricate detail she could relate to, a rip in a leaf, to a ditch in the brown earth, she finally felt in her true place, with her fastly growing best friend.

"Why do you like the park?" Annabelle asked, once they came upon the real "Playground" side of the park, where the children were to play.
She sat on a wooden swing and swung herself back and forth slowly, clutching the rusty metal loops holding it up.

The slight breeze blew her hair over her face and she bit her lip, suddenly feeling like the young girl she was, and she looked into Laiko's eyes suddenly, before looking down at her bare feet.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:00 am

Laiko followed Annabelle - walking beside her, but letting her take his hand and lead the way. He gazed happily around the park - glad to take in all the sights and sounds he hadn't had time to appreciate before. It was amazing, and so beautiful and peaceful.
As Annabelle sat down on the swing, Laiko smiled at her, then walked toward the other swing - trailing his fingers lightly over Annabelle's back a he passed. He sat down on the swing and kicked it into motion, laughing softly as it moved him back and forth in a glorious rush of wind. He gripped the amazing feeling in his mind as he thought back to Annabelle's question. "I guess... Because it's like reliving a part of the childhood I don't remember." Laiko replied with a tender smile, glancing briefly toward her as he swung back and forth on the rickety wooden swing. He had to admit, she looked so beautiful with the wind rushing through her hair... His eyes remained locked on her, and he found he could not tear his gaze away as he watched her swing. Without even realising it, Laiko began leaning toward her - and before he had even noticed he was doing this - the swing promptly overbalanced and tipped him out onto the ground. Laiko struck the ground in an undignified position - the breath knocked out of him. He flipped himself onto his back, and the moment he was able to get breath into his lungs he burst out laughing. Some of the people were staring but he didn't care. He was playing the fool, he had a great friend beside him, and he was having fun. "See what I mean?" Laiko asked with a grin - gesturing toward the empty swing that he had just fallen out of. "What about you?" He asked, folding his arms under his head as he lay on the ground - watching her swing back and forth overhead. "Why do you like it...?" He asked - smiling his charming smile as he watched her through a frame of his windswept hair.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:15 am

Annabelle struck a tinkling laughter as she swung over the top of Laiko, studying his features everytime she got close enough, before slipping back out of reach.
"Its my happy place" she smiled, leaning back and looking into the bright blue sky.
"I can come here and focus on the artwork, the garden, talk to my new best friend" she winked at him, "and i can forget all of my troubles in the real world"
She kicked off from the ground and swung herself higher, her hair blowing in the breeze.
"I can come here, and i feel like ALICE IN WONDERLAND!" she yelled, letting go of the metal hinges and sticking her arms out, like she was flying.
Suddenly she lost balance and too, landed on the soft earth next to laiko.
She rolled onto her back and closed her eyes, watching the wooden swing above them continue its back and forward motion.
Everytime it went up, it blocked the sunlight, casting a shade upon the two, before it flashed into view again, creating an intricate glow between each lock of auburn hair placed upon Annabelles head.
She suddenly turned her head to face Laiko, and shifted over to she was leaning on her side, facing Laiko.
"Are you sure you're gay?" she asked outright, blinking at something in her eye.
Seeing his confused look she laughed.
"I mean come on! You don't have the characteristics, you see a girl and you have that look, before its like you scold yourself and remind you that your gay!" she snorted, brushing the hair out of her face.
Seeing his solemn look she stopped smiling.
"I'm sorry, i really am," she touched his arm.
"But i've been thinking, quite.. alot lately for me" She smiled, making light of it all, before continuing on, "You say you can't remember anything before 2 years back right? Well, you've still got the mental capacity of a 2 year old a suppose, though i know you're certainly smarter than that, but.." Her voice trailed off as she moved her arm up to place her hand over his.
"How do you really know such a thing? I can assure you, if someone has called you gay, its typical. Heck my friends call me gay if i wear tight jeans, and i'm a girl! Its a typical teenage name to call others, but if you feel you do actually like other men, i suppose so, but its just.. i can't see it" she closed her eyes and stood up, retreating over to the swing, before kicking off again.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:40 am

Laiko laughed out loud as Annabelle crashed to the ground beside him, quickly glancing her over to check she wasn't hurt. "As good a reason as any." He commented with a chuckle, gazing affectionately at her as she watched the swing sweep by above them. The soft golden sunlight streaked her hair - bringing out a glorious shine from it and painting it a thousand shades. On an impulse, he reached out to touch it, brushing her hair gently away from her face with soft fingers. Yet at her next question, Laiko quickly pulled his hand back, seeming slightly bewildered by the sudden question - a question he had already told her the answer to, with much difficulty. She continued speaking then, and at her derisive snort, Laiko grumbled indignantly to himself in low, incoherent tones. "I do not 'look'..." Of course, he had nothing more to say in his defense, for her words were so perfectly logical that he could not argue. She was right. He turned his gaze back to her as he felt her touch on his arm, and offered a comforting smile at her apology - reassuring her that she had not offended him in the slightest. He closed his fingers around hers as she took his hand, and he listened patiently to all she had to say - contemplating it carefully. Finally, she dropped his hand and stepped back over to the swing - leaving Laiko to think over his answer. "I guess... You have a point..." Laiko admitted slowly, "But... I've just always been gay. Okay, so maybe I didn't know at first, but once Mike pointed it out to me it all made sense... And he wasn't just saying it - he was certain. I believed him then, and I believe him now..." He shrugged slightly, then went on. "I admit I'm a little uncertain at times, but... I get confused easily about everything - this included. It's just always been this way. I am gay - I just am, even if I've never really looked for... You know, a romantic relationship..." Laiko trailed off then, beginning to feel slightly uncomfortable. His excuses were sounding pathetic, even to him, so he decided it was time to switch the topic of conversation onto Annabelle. "Why are you so interested, anyway?" He asked, finally sitting up and dusting himself off so he could give her his full attention. "What does it matter if I'm gay or straight...? Either way, I'm not involved with anybody, and there's nobody I want to be involved with, so why would it even matter?" He shrugged again, then got back onto the swing. The truth was, now Annabelle had mentioned it, Laiko was desperate to know what the truth was. He wasn't sure why, but suddenly it seemed important. But why would Mike lie?! Mike wouldn't do that to him... And he couldn't have made a mistake - he had been so sure! But still... He wished there was some... Some test he could take, or something. Just to know, one way or another.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:50 am

Annabelle watched him get more and more worked up.
"Hey its okay, well isn't it obvious as to why i'm so interested?" she smirked, "Gosh you'd think you'd have realised by now but obviously - Max!"
Annabelle stumbled off of the swing and grasped a tree for support.
"What, why, are you here?" she gasped, looking towards Laiko, her eyes desperate for help.

Max stepped forward, his eyebrows raised towards Laiko on the ground before looking back up at Annabelle, and walking toward her.
"I'd thought you'd have changed by now Annabelle" he murmured, carressing her face slowly, feeling her flinch beneath his skin
"And .. my god.. you have" he smiled sickeningly, twirling her hair around his finger.
"Please, leave me alone!" Annabelle growled, looking towards him menacingly.
"See thats the thing.. i can't. You know how we met don't you? Well your Fathers wondering where you've got to.. i knew you too well, to of course find you here" he indicated with his hand to the lush greenery.
"Remember last year?" he whispered, taking a step back but gripping her hand tight.
Annabelle cringed and looked down, letting a tear escape quickly.
So her caniving father had sent Max! How dare he! Never would she go home now, Never!
"He wants you home, and i've been sent to do the job, since i'm the righteous person to do so" he smiled wickidly, pulling her strongly off of the swing.
"Of course!" she spat, desperately trying to rip her hand away from his.
"Because my Father supplies you right?" She tried feeble attempts to loosen his grip,which now hurt her wrists, bringing back painful memories.
"No such thing, i'm clean and done" Max smiled again, holding up his hands in surrender.
"Liar!" she accused, stepping away from him quickly over to Laiko.

"Laiko lets go, i want to show you the cafe before we leave" she said, ignoring Max who was now glaring at Laiko.

Laiko nodded and began to lead the way when Max got hold of Annabelle, gripping her tight.
"You're going home! Get it?" he growled, beginning to drag her towards the entrance of the park, where people were now gathered and staring.
"Laiko!" She yelped, trying to reach him.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:02 am

Laiko blinked stupidly at Annabelle's words - obviously still missing the point. He was about to ask her to explain, when suddenly she broke off - gasping a name. Laiko's head jerked around like a puppet on a string - and he followed the newcomer's progress with a hawk-like gaze. He hadn't liked the tone Annabelle had used when speaking to this boy... He obviously wasn't welcome. Once again, Laiko felt a flash of protective instinct arise in him, and he got to his feet, drawing himself up to his full height and watching the boy closely. He didn't want to interfere, but if he needed to, he would. He watched the exchange between the two with increasing anxiety - hating to see Annabelle so ill at ease, and wishing that the boy would just leave. Couldn't he see she didn't want to go with him?!
Laiko was relieved when she stepped back over to him, and he nodded before beginning to walk in the direction she indicated. However, before they had gone more than a few steps, Max grabbed Annabelle back and began dragging her away. Laiko wheeled around, and when she called his name, that was all the permission he needed. "Wait." He said simply, grabbing Max's shoulder in a firm, yet gentle grip. "I don't think she wants to go with you, mate." He explained earnestly - willing as always to give this newcomer the benefit of the doubt. "I don't know who you are, but I assure you Annabelle's fine with me. What do you say you just let her go, huh?" He asked pleasantly - smiling amiably at Max, then taking Annabelle's hand to gently lead her away from him.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:08 am

Annabelle closed her eyes as she followed Laiko with a blind eye, until she felt a full force blow hit Laiko.
She gasped and her eyes flew wide open.
Max has punched Laiko!
"Laiko!" She cried, beginning to run over to him, but a firm hand caught her by the arm.
"Lets go see your father" Max teased, pulling her away.
Annabelle drew back, wanting to slap him, but yet too afraid.
She glanced at Laiko, worried.
"Go away!" she screeched, attempting to kick him or hit him, one or the other, whatever caused most pain to let go.

She drew her knee back and tried to knee him, but caught him in the thigh, hurting her knee more than him.
He released his grip slightly and she yanked hard, trying to free, yet his grip hardened, causing a pain around her wrists to whell, making her yelp in hurt.
"Laiko! GO!" she cried, "I'll meet up with you" she plead, trying to get away, realizing that Laiko would do exactly that, go away.
She didnt want him getting hurt! No way would she bring her newfound best friend into her old life.
She herself didnt want to be there, so why would Laiko?

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 am

Laiko had seen the punch coming long before Max made to hit him, yet he stood his ground as the fist darted toward him and remained unmoving. Max's fist collided hard with the side of Laiko's face, and he felt the skin along his cheekbone split instantly, but he did not allow himself to give an inch. He stood his ground - not even flinching as Max dew back his fist again. Laiko touched a hand to his split cheek and brushed away the blood in a dignified fashion. "Are you deaf?" He asked quietly, raising his gaze to fix Max with an icy stare. "Let her go." He watched Annabelle struggle, and each second of it pained him so much he barely knew what to do with himself, yet he managed to maintain his deadly stillness - Standing firm, silent and cold. He winced on Annabelle's behalf as she kneed Max in the thigh, but took the opportunity to step quickly towards the pair. "She asked you to let her go." Laiko stated softly. "I'd advise you to listen." He ignored Annabelle completely as she practically begged with him to leave - keeping all his attention fixed on Max. He gently pulled Annabelle away from Max, and tugged her around until she was standing behind him - out of harm's way for the time being. He turned his bloodied face to her and smiled reassuringly - the movement causing a drop of blood to ooze from the cut on his cheek. He gave her hand a comforting squeeze, then released her and turned back to Max - just as he drew his fist back to throw another punch. Remaining perfectly calm, Laiko raised a hand with expert precision and caught the punch effortlessly. "Thrash around all you like." He said coldly, gently dropping Max's hand. "You won't get past me." Laiko still held his ground, and as Max began to throw more punches, he blocked or dodged them all effortlessly.
Then, another punch came at him, and as he made to dodge - he noticed that, if he got out of the way, it would strike Annabelle right in the face. He quickly rethought his decision - throwing himself back into the line of the punch. Max's fist struck the base of his neck, just above his collar bone. Laiko's neck crunched awkwardly away from the force of the punch - his head jerking sideways - and this time he was unable to hide the pain. He clutched at his own throat - coughing and spluttering - unable to draw breath. But when he saw another punch coming - he jerked out an arm and caught it - still choking silently as he struggled to convince his windpipe to work. He gently pushed Max's fist away - taking care not to hurt him - and spat out a mouthful of blood before slowly raising his head and straightening up. He would not retaliate. No matter what, he was not going to hit Max back. But win, he would. That much he was certain of... Nobody's stamina could last forever, and already Max seemed to be tiring. If he knew what was good for him, he'd throw in the towel now after seeing what Laiko was capable of... The effortless speed and strength with which he blocked... He moved like an expert - that much was for sure - and his determination to protect Annabelle was untouchable.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:23 pm

Annabelle trembled and yelped as she watched Laiko get belted by Max.
She whipped out her cell and began to dial 911, and looked up in time to side step out of Max's way.
"Police? Evergreen Park! Outside the cafe, we have a man, ugh, a man, hitting someone else!" it sounded feeble, but what was she to do?
Max leant back and punched forward, about to strike Annabelle in the face when Laiko stepped in front of her, taking the blow.
"Laiko!" she cried as she shuddered at the sickening crunch that snapped throughout Laiko's neck.
In a mere 5 minutes, 2 police cars rolled up, and a large crowd had gathered.
Annabelle had done something to her wrist, since max has pulled her a far way away from Laiko beforehand, and she had a cut on her forehead from Laiko pushing her out of Max's reach.

Max was taken care of, making a scene of being taken away, whilst Ambulance officeers arrived to take her and Laiko to the hospital for a check up.
"Laiko!" she yelped as an officer lead her the way to a vehicle, whilst Laiko was put on a stretcher.
"I need, I need to go with him" she tried to step out of the van where she was seated next to an officer, but was held back.

How could this have happened! Max! At the wrong time, just as she was talking, getting to really know Laiko.. and poor Laiko! He had hurt himself just to protect Annabelle.
She felt immensly guilty, of her past, and having to drag Laiko into it.

Once at the hospital, she was treated, and had her wrist bandaged, before she was free to go, but Laiko was nowhere to be seen.
She trudged around the Hospital frantically, stopping on each floor to find him.
Once she found out which room he was in, she skipped, worriedly to the room, where he was in a bed, trying to fight off the nurses, gently of course.
"Laiko!" she breathed, relieved.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Laiko was somewhat shocked when the police showed up - though also hugely relieved. He nodded apologetically to Max as they took him away - then winced at the movement in his neck and stayed still instead. He swayed slightly where he stood - feeling slightly dizzy, and slightly ill from the taste of blood in his mouth.
When the ambulance showed up, however, Laiko was most displeased. He did not like hospitals - not at all - and he was certainly not impressed when they loaded him onto a stretcher and dragged him into the ambulance, but he did not complain, for that was not his custom. Instead, he let himself be dragged around like a giant rag doll - finally ending up in a hospital room all on his own. That was when it hit him: Annabelle. "Where is the girl who came in with me?" He asked politely, glancing up toward the nearest nurse with a hint of panic in his eyes - then wincing at the pain in his neck. "She's okay, don't you worry. Just keep that neck still." The nurse ordered brusquely, before continuing to bustle around his room. "Can I see her?" Laiko asked, ignoring her advice and following he with his eyes around the room. "Stay still, I said!" She snapped irritably, then waked up to touch up the cuts on his face. "No, I'm fine." He assured her, but she simply glared and carried on what she was doing.

Next thing he knew, Annabelle ha walked in - and a wide grin stretched across Laiko's face - much to the nurse's annoyance, as she was attempting to assess the depth of the cut on his cheek bone. Forgetting his manners, he brushed her away irritably and kept his attention locked on Annabelle. "Are you okay?" He asked in concern, glancing her up and down.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Annabelle sighed a large sigh of relief at the sight and reassurance that Laiko was alive.
She rushed over and sat on his bed, pretending not to notice his wince at the movement.
"Laiko!" she screeched, tears welling in her eyes.
"Please tell me you're okay!" she cried, burying her head on the pillow.
Never had she felt quite so guilty, not even when she'd made her dad cry.
This was her fault! Laiko shouldn't hang around her, the past wasn't quite the past just yet for Annabelle's life or liking, and no friend or stranger should be brought into it, especially as harshly and hurtful as Laiko had.
"I'm so, so sorry!" she bustled, standing up and handing him a cup of water nearby.
"Nurse? When will he be dismissed?" she asked, not finding quite the right word during her moment of worried grief.

Not even taking a moment to hear Laiko's reply, she pulled up her school bag and searched through it, finding a packet of lolly mints she'd kept for convenience.
Taking one herself she sucked it, until she herself felt calm and at ease, until handing one to Laiko.
She'd have to make it up to him somehow!
Her mind raced back to the moment before she saw Max.
Him almost, admitting to himself maybe he wasn't gay, maybe he had feelings for her..
She pushed those thoughts out of her head, and turned her attention once more to Laiko, who was now drinking the water, silently.

She shook her head dejectedly and closed her eyes, sliding down the cold wall, rocking back and forth silently.
He would definitely have the bed tonight! And her cushions, for she herself could never sleep, not with this burden of guilt placed upon her already heavily weighted shoulders.
Once the nurse told her Laiko could be taken home after the Doctor came to see him, she relaxed, yet only slightly, for she'd still have to explain AND make it up to him.

Making it up to him would be no problem, a nice dinner again, maybe a trip to the movies, or more.
She could do lots of things with him, but not until he was better.

TV, was there a TV in the hotel room?
She'd have to make sure there was, to keep him occupied and.. slightly happier than his usual self, and she'd order off the expensive room service menu this time.
Surely he could drink alcohol?
Alcohol was meant to cheer people up!
Yes, she'd order alcohol, or get some nice stuff from home, since alcohol wasn't hard to find when her Dad was around.

Yes, that was what she would do.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Much to Laiko's dismay, at that moment he saw tears welling in Annabelle's eyes. His face fell, and he began attempting to get out of the bed to move toward her, but then she had rushed over to the bed. The jerking motion as she sat down twinged his neck, and he was unable to stop a wince from shooting across his face - but he didn't mind. As long as she wasn't hurt... "Hey, Annabelle-" He began, trying to soothe her, but she was clearly in a state, and there was no room for him to get a word in edgewise. So he simply took the water she offered him with a sweet smile and sipped it gratefully until Annabelle lapsed into silence. She offered him a mint then, and he took it with a murmured word of thanks - turning it around in his fingers. He remained silent a while longer, and only once he had heard the nurse's verdict and seen Annabelle relax slightly did he attempt to speak. "Annabelle, it's okay." He assured her with a laugh, shaking his head slightly in incredulity and putting a hand on her shoulder. "Please don't seem so upset..." He begged, gazing at her beseechingly for a moment before going on. "It's fine... Really, it is! I was the one who got myself beat up, right? You have no need to apologise... Honestly, I'm the one who should be apologising for making you worry."
He offered a reassuring smile, then patted her lightly on the shoulder. "I am sorry... I didn't need to take those punches, really... But I guess I was taking the situation lightly, and at the time I didn't think that you might be upset by it..." He shrugged helplessly, then sighed and leaned back against his pillow - suddenly seeming marginally distressed. He had messed up again after all... And now look: Annabelle was tearing up, nearly crying because of him! He shook his head in cold disappointment in himself: Ignoring the twinge in his neck. Then, as he heard a sound at the door, he glanced up to see the doctor walking in.

"How do you feel?" The man asked, pushing his glasses up his nose, then walking over to Laiko's bed and peering down at him. He nodded briefly to the girl sitting on the edge of the bed, offering a stiff, official smile. "I feel fine." Laiko replied quickly, "Can I go?" The doctor gazed down at his hopeful expression and chuckled slightly. This kid was a typical teenage boy... Not wanting a fuss made out of the fight he had obviously been in, which he had probably lost, and to make it worse: Failed to impress the girl of his choice. He saw it time and again... It was always the same. "Not just yet, son. Let's have a look at that neck." He said, not unkindly. He pulled on some white rubber gloves then, and set to work poking and prodding at a rather disgruntled Laiko, who tolerated it with obvious displeasure. He did not like hospitals.
Finally, the doctor was finished with his examination. "You've got a misaligned vertebra." He informed Laiko in an official tone, "Honestly, I'm surprised you can move your neck at all... But that's beside the point: I'll push it back into alignment for you now, and then-" "Thank you, sir." Laiko said suddenly - cutting the doctor off with a bright smile, though for once it did not quite extend to his eyes. He glanced briefly at Annabelle, and the doctor followed his gaze. "Ah, yes..." He said, suddenly remembering that he was there, "If you could just step outside for a moment, miss..."

Once Annabelle was safely outside, the doctor walked back over to Laiko. "This is going to hurt a bit." He warned, "Would you like some painkillers, or are you fine without?"
"No painkillers, please." Laiko responded politely, "Just get it over with quickly."
The doctor nodded in agreement, then braced his hands against Laiko's neck and expertly crunched the vertebrae back into place. Laiko was unable to bit back a gasp of pain, but once the initial pain had subsided he felt instantly better. The doctor began fixing a neck brace on his neck, speaking to him at the same time. "I'm going to keep you here a few more days to make sure you don't re-injure that neck. Unless you wait for it to heal properly, you could become paralysed if you injure it badly again. It's just not worth the risk." The doctor shook his head, then stepped back to admire his handiwork. "Well, enjoy the rest of your day!" He said with a smile, slapping the rather mutinous-looking Laiko on the back before walking over to the door.

After the doctor had let, Laiko glanced toward Annabelle at the door with a smile. "He says I can go." He informed her brightly - being momentarily surprised by just how easy it was to lie... He had never tried it before, but now... Wow, he had not expected words of untruth to slide so easily from his tongue. "Shall we be off?" He asked, kicking off the blankets and climbing out of the hospital bed. He popped the mint he was still holding into his mouth then, and sucked on it innocently as he waited for Annabelle.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:08 am

Annabelle smiled a smile of relief, and took his hand, leading him out gently.
'Whats the rush?' she asked, genuinly confused as he hurried along the corridor.

Once back at the hotel, Annabelle set up the bed with pillows,and turned the TV on.
"Get in!" she commanded, and wrapped him beneath the doona, despite his mere struggles.
"What would you like for lunch?" she smiled, handing him the more expensive room service menu.
Trying to desperately take his mind off whatever he wanted to say.
Whether it was asking about Max, or denying his pain, she didnt want to hear it.
Even if he was rather cheerful despite what had happened earlier, she still felt immensly guilty about what did happen, and what may happen again.
Getting a restraining license was surely over the top?
But she couldnt risk having Laiko end up in hospital again either.
Once the food was ordered, she waited patiently at the door, before realising the amount she paid for it, they should bring it in, so she walked around, eager to watch TV.
She raised her leg to jump on the bed, but thought better and sat on the carpet, growing engrossed in the movie that was playing.

Sit on the same bed as Laiko?
She'd do something stupid, despite her best efforts not to.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:29 am

"I don't like hospitals..." Laiko muttered in response as he hurried Annabelle along the corridor. As they left the building, he tore off his neck brace and tossed it into the dumpster outside the hospital.

When they reached the hotel room again - Annabelle all but shoved him into the bed, despite his feeble objections - making him feel rather like a puppy being forced into its first bath. He chuckled slightly at the comparison, then glanced up at Annabelle with a smile as she brought the menu. He cringed slightly at the sight of the prices, but selected something all the same and thanked her earnestly. His eyes followed her as she walked back and forth across the room, then moved toward the bed. She made as though to sit down beside him, but then seemed to change her mind and sat down on the floor instead. "Hey." He said, reaching over and gently tugging on a lock of her hair with an impish expression on his face. "Come on, there's space up here - I'll move over for you." He encouraged, offering a friendly wink before shifting over to the edge of the bed, leaving space for Annabelle to sit beside him. As usual, he had misunderstood her reasoning, but that was simply the way he was. He glanced toward the television then, but he wasn't really paying attention to it. He still felt rather bad for making Annabelle worry... He hadn't needed to take those punches, damn it! Well, he would not have defended himself no matter what, but he could easily have blocked them, or caught them... Why did he have to get himself all beaten up?! Ah well... It was as Mike said: "You can't fix stupid."
He chuckled softly to himself at the thought, then glanced up as he heard a knock at the door. "That'll be the food- I'll get it." Laiko offered with an eager smile, flinging himself energetically out of the bed and darting over to the door. He opened the door, and let the waitron in - thanking him kindly. He nodded an assent, then left the food trolley bearing the tray with their food in the room, and departed, closing the door behind him and leaving Laiko and Annabelle alone again.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:00 am

Annabelle smiled shyly and sat up next to him on the bed, just as there was a knock at the door.
"I'll-" she began but Laiko was already out of bed and getting the meals.
She uttered a low growl, but all the same dug into the small icecream she'd ordered instead of a proper lunch.
Slowly, but in a not so subtle way, she edged closer to the end of the bed, as far away from Laiko as possible.
She was in an experimental yet daring mood, she could feel it in her blood, meaning she had to stay away from him.
Hoping he wouldn't notice or realise, she settled back down and ate small bites, throwing all her attention into the small sundae, and savouring each bite.

She laughed loudly as the movie continued, and snuck glances at Laiko as she kept up eating her sundae.

"You okay?" she asked nervously, drawing attention to herself for starters, but also for witholding the over the top motherly act.
She stood up and went to get herself a glass of water, to momentarily calm her self down.
Why was she worked up?
It had been a semi good end to a day, yet the day wasn't over.
She couldnt ruin it now with her silly hormones.
"Bad" she muttered staring at herslef in the mirror.
Was she punishing her hormones?
She picked up the sundae once back in the bedroom and put it in the bin.
Her hormones didnt deserve it at all.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:21 am

Laiko nibbled contentedly at his Thai Beef Cuisine, somewhat surprised at how easily he managed to wield the chopsticks. He hadn't know he was able to use them, but at least his fingers remembered - even if he didn't. How often had he thought things along those lines...? Really... One of these days he was going to end up flinging himself off a cliff and waiting until he was half way down to discover whether or not he could fly! He chuckled softly at this thought, then decided to let it go and simply watch the movie and eat his lunch.
He glanced over at Annabelle as she spoke, noticing that she seemed to be sitting as far away from him as she could whilst still remaining on the bed. He merely shrugged off this observation, then frowned slightly as he considered her words. "Sure." He replied, smiling in a slightly confused fashion. "Don't I look okay?"
He laughed slightly, still confused as to what had caused her to ask that in the first place. Hadn't he already assured her that he was- Oh... Oh! Now, he understood! Wow, that was quite an achievement for him... She was obviously still thinking of him getting his face punched in, whilst to him the injury was already in the past, and had vanished from his priority list. "Yeah, I'm just fine." He repeated, offering a reassuring smile now that he understood better.
Annabelle got up then and left - presumably to get a glass of water. She returned a short while later, and threw the rest of her Sundae away. This caused Laiko to frown slightly. He had seen her do the same thing that morning. "Are you okay?" He asked, fixing her with a concerned, searching gaze. "If you don't start eating more, you're going to disappear completely." He teased gently, a kind smile twitching at his lips as he nodded his head toward the bed - gesturing for her to sit back down. He had finished his own food by now, and the empty box sat on the table next to him: ready to be thrown away after the movie had ended.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:32 am

Annabelle smiled, and nodded nervously, perching herself again as far away from Laiko as she could.
"Fine" she said tightly, focusing back to the movie.

A million thoughts raced through her head.
Maybe he had evaluated his feelings, he liked her again?
Or maybe he figured he wasn't gay.
No this was too much!
She was over thinking the WHOLE situation, if there was even a situation.
She rolled her eyes and clenched her fists, standing up again.

"I need to go to the bathroom" she muttered, walking out of the room.
Why was this so hard?
Maybe she'd ask for a room with two bedrooms, personal space.. he could have his boyfriend over.
She blushed at that thought and decided to have a quick shower.

The water against her skin felt nice, and refreshing, as she went over what had happened this morning.
Max was nowhere to be seen and hopefully he wouldnt be again.
She sighed at that thought and sagged her shoulders dejectedly again.
She thought back to yesterday.
She'd been a normal girl, happy, semi care free.
She'd gone to school, bumped into a boy, which happened to be Laiko, of all people Laiko!
Could've been a simply boy, but then again, Laiko was special and she was glad to have met him.
She smiled at that bit, and turned the water off, and beginning to slowly get dressed.

Once dressed she walked calmly into the bedroom and lay down on the bed again, but a tiny bit closer, feeling accomplished and proud, that maybe she could handle herself.
Until he opened his mouth.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:21 am

Laiko frowned slightly at Annabelle's sharp edged reply, but he decided just to shrug it off, merely smiling and nodding pleasantly when she excused herself to go to the bathroom. Maybe she just needed some space... Kevin had taught him all too well that some people got sick of others being around them all the time... Laiko shuddered slightly at that memory. Kevin could be scary at times... Chuckling softly to himself, Laiko turned his attention back to the movie. He had been watching for only a short while when Annabelle emerged from the bathroom again - looking distinctly refreshed. "Hey." He said simply, smiling at her as she approached the bed. She lay down beside him then, slightly closer this time, and Laiko felt reassured and slightly relieved to know that he hadn't done anything to offend her after all, or that if he had she had obviously forgotten it. He glanced back to the movie then - watching, but not really paying attention. For some reason, his eyes just kept wanting to glance toward Annabelle - much to his annoyance, since he knew it was rude to stare, and besides, he wanted to watch the movie! But no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't pay attention. Sighing softly, he glanced over at Annabelle lying beside him. She looked so peaceful... And the soft sheen of water on her skin... Skin that was drawing nearer to him. He could smell the conditioner in her shiny hair as he drew absentmindedly closer to her. And closer... Entranced by the scent... Closer still, until their faces were inches apart, and then he caught himself with a surprised gasp and began to pull away, hoping she hadn't noticed what he assumed had just been absentminded drifting. It was no big deal, right? He was gay, after all. Of course he wouldn't be attracted to Annabelle. That was illogical, unless she was secretly a guy - which he highly doubted... Besides, he had a feeling it didn't really work like that...

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:21 am

Annabelle watched the movie and laughed loudly at the funny parts.
She needed something to take her mind off the earlier events of the day.
Her hair, now dry and glistening in the sunlight that seeped through the window smelt fruity, just her favourite, comforting smell.
Suddenly she felt like she was being watched and turned around in time to catch Laiko leaning in towards her, about to kiss her!
She blinked, taken aback, but all the same leant in, this was the time, he'd realised, or felt what he felt.
Her lips parted, about too touch his and create a destiny, yet again he suddenly realised what he was doing and began to pull away.

What an idiot!
So he did like her! Or at least had some sort of feeling towards her, aside from pure friendship.
What a complete twat, she thought angrily.
One of his friends,.. hmm She thought back to the names.
Mike and Kevin!
She knew Mike a mile off, a total sleaze, yet utterly hilarious.
He'd probably made some wise ass joke about it one day, over nothing!
She sighed, and rolled her eyes.
She wouldn't take this moment away.
She caught his chin in her hand, and delicately stared into his eyes, before leaning forward again.
She felt no struggle, so continued until their lips met, slowly and gently.
After about 20 seconds, she pulled away gently and closed her eyes, dizzy from the feeling of your breathe being taken away.
She felt lightheaded, but knew what she'd done was wrong, again.
Not in the mood for argument, she sat up from where she'd been laying next to him, and slid off the bed, onto the mattress, before slipping under the covers and turning over.
She knew in the morning he'd have packed and gone, but right now, she didnt care.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:50 am

Laiko remained motionless as Annabelle gently grabbed his chin, wondering vaguely what she wanted and watching her with a somewhat blank expression - clearly not understanding. Yet when he noticed the expression in her eyes, he understood. But before he could object, she had leaned in closer to him and met his lips - rendering him momentarily incapable of speech. Hugely confused, a little upset, slightly happy and extremely scared - Laiko simply sat in silent bewilderment and let her kiss him. He did not respond, nor did he pull away, but just sat in childlike acceptance and let her have her way with him. She knew that it wouldn't work out... She knew that he was gay... So he wasn't obliged to push her away, right? He wasn't completely sure, but he was pleased with that argument, since he did not particularly want to push her away in any case... For one thing, he didn't want to upset her. For another... Well, he was almost... Perhaps enjoying it...?
For a short section of time longer, Laiko endured (and secretly enjoyed) the kiss. If this was what Annabelle wanted, then he would simply accept it, regardless of his own preferences. He just wanted to be happy, and if that meant pushing aside his own complaints to achieve it, well... So be it. Of course, they could never become a couple, since he would always be gay and she would never be a guy, but he could just accept moments like these... Right? Although then again, would that not make them a couple? Oh gosh, this was just too confusing! Couldn't somebody just explain to him...? Maybe Annabelle had been right before... Maybe he wasn't gay! His heart leaped at this thought, and he felt a new spark of hope at the prospect of, just maybe, honestly sharing Annabelle's feelings - but he soon crushed it. Nurturing false hope was cruel. He was gay, whether he liked it or not, and Annabelle knew it.
As he reached that conclusion, Annabelle pulled away from him, lying down on the mattress beside the bed without so much as looking at him. She turned her back on him, and Laiko suddenly felt rather shunned. He was already lost and confused, and now hurt as well. What had he done wrong this time? Hadn't he given her what she wanted? Was he supposed to have kissed her back? He doubted she would expect him to... But then what? Why did she suddenly look as though she never wanted to see his face again?! "A-Annabelle?" He stammered hesitantly, watching her with a timid gaze. She had just put him in a rather sensitive place... Would she help him out of it? Would she help him to understand, or just let him wander around in the dark chasms of his own mind like a wounded animal: Blinded and alone.

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:57 am

"I'm sorry" she whispered, not turning over.
She was so confused.
Hadn't he realised? That there was something! Anything ?
Laiko did what he was told, thought was he told and was what he was told he was.
If that made sense?
But how .. if he FELT such a feeling, could he honestly deny it?
Maybe that was the thing.. maybe he felt nothing at all.
She sighed sadly and buried her head into the cushions.

"You follow what you feel, not what you're told" she muttered before turning the light off and leaving him to sit alone in the dark.

Would Laiko sit there and think? Realising he wasn't gay, or was after all, or just go to bed like a typical, self centered teenage boy.
This was too hard.. she couldn't really handle it.
How stupid can you get!
She knew he couldn't remember anything beyond two years ago but COME ON!
If you have feelings, distinct feelings, that keep taking over, honestly... she was angry now! Almost furious.

"You can follow whatever you like, but if i were you, i'd follow your heart" she whispered bitterly before closing her eyes, and trying oh so hard to drift off to sleep, but failing miserably.
She waited 1 hour, for Laiko to fall asleep, or even lay down, if he was asleep, to sit up and turn on the TV, choosing a movie from the cabinet to help her fall asleep.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:48 am

Laiko continued to watch Annabelle - or her back, at least, since she still refused to face him. He watched her for a sign, any sign of what he was supposed to do now... An explanation of what had just happened. "I'm sorry." No, she couldn't be sorry, the fool! What was she sorry for? Why was she sorry? Gosh... Every response just brought more questions... More things that Laiko didn't understand. It made him realise how spoilt and cushioned he'd been all this time with Mike and Kevin always spelling things out for him... But had they spelled out the right things? Everybody made mistakes, after all... "You follow what you feel, not what you're told." Okay, that was more helpful, but how was he supposed to do it? How could he know what he was feeling if he'd never felt it before? Hell, couldn't somebody just tell him what he was feeling? Or would that count as following what he was told again... Laiko was about to ask, but then the light clicked off, and the darkness silenced him. Annabelle didn't want to speak to him right now... He was alone on this one, and maybe it was for the best. He had to decide, one way or another, and he had to decide for himself. Maybe he should just flip a coin and leave it up to chance? This and many more ideas ran through Laiko's head, yet none of them seemed good enough to decide something that might corrupt his entire future. If he chose wrong, chances were he'd be alone forever. All his friends would move forward and get married, and he'd be left with nothing. He was not the sort of person who was meant to be alone... It would crush him. "You can follow whatever you like, but if I were you, I'd follow your heart."
Ah, finally something helpful! That was how he could decide: Follow his heart! That left but one question... How did he do that? Okay, so it wasn't helpful after all, since he had no recollection of ever learning how to 'follow his heart' per say, so what did it mean?
He huffed a frustrated sigh, then lay down in the bed and turned away - staring unseeingly into the darkness - lost in thought. Time ticked by torturingly slowly, until he heard Annabelle move slightly. He took a deep breath, preparing himself, then spoke in a tentative whisper. "Annabelle...?" He asked quietly - his voice so soft that, if she was somehow still asleep, it would not wake her up, or indeed if she did not wish to speak to him, she could pretend not to have heard. He half hoped she wouldn't answer... He wasn't sure if he was ready for saying aloud the conclusion he had come to, and he wasn't even sure if it was correct... Nor could he decide if he wanted it to be correct or not. Gosh, could this get any more confusing?! He was beginning to think it would be worth just flipping that coin simply to end the thoughtful torment so he could get some dearly beloved sleep...

Back to top Go down

Post  *BumbleBee* Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:57 am

The TV was dull, and it made Annabelle sad.
"Annabelle.." she heard Laiko stir, and his voice didnt give her a fright, yet comforted her.
"Yes Laiko?" she sighed, turning the TV down and shifting her body around to see better in the dark.

She'd told him, what she thought would help him, but would it be enough?
Heck how hard was it?
Follow your heart.. um your heart says it? You do it.
She shook her head, waiting for Laiko to respond, and laying back down in the covers.
Her head hurt, maybe from over thinking, which is what Laiko caused her to do.
She focused on the show which was playing, some french, where a lady was crying at the knees of a man.

Typical.. in this situation it'd probably the opposite.
She imagined Laiko crying at her knees and stifled a giggle.
What would Laiko want now though?
She'd given him time.. had he been awake this whole time she was?
That made her smile, thinking maybe her words had suck in a little bit, or at least, he'd given some thought to it.

Right now she wished she had her cat, Thimbles with her.
He would always comfort her , and was ready for a cuddle.
She sighed.
She missed cuddling him.

*BumbleBee*

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next