Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ignorance is Bliss (POLO and INKERZ ROLEPLAY)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ignorance is Bliss (POLO and INKERZ ROLEPLAY) Empty Ignorance is Bliss (POLO and INKERZ ROLEPLAY)

Post  Imperial Ink Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:13 am

Yay I finally posted the this Roleplay, *Is Pleased*
Sorry it took so long...you know how I am Razz

Anyways here's Seth's Form:

Name: Seth Larkspur

Current Hair colour: Black
Natural Colour: Fair blonde
Style: Its cut short at the nape of the neck, though it’s grown out long over the ears. His long fringe is combed neatly cross his forehead, almost falling in front of his right eye.
Eye colour: Violet (It was deep blue before a "Certain" incident happened, *Wink*)

Attire: Black skinny jeans, black sneakers, T- shirt, Checkered scarf, spiked collar and black leather, usually studded wrist bands.
Attire style: Emo

Other: Seth has a very tiny black heart tattoo beneath his left eye.
Personality: Friendly, Sly, two faced, troubled, cocky, secretive……Rest to Be Rped
Talents: Violin

Okidokie hope this is okay
cheers

Last edited by imperial ink on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Ignorance is Bliss (POLO and INKERZ ROLEPLAY) Empty Re: Ignorance is Bliss (POLO and INKERZ ROLEPLAY)

Post  Imperial Ink Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:20 pm

(*Dies*....Seth's a real emo, *Twitch*)
I'm actually quite pleased with his odd personality Suspect

Seth ran his hands through his raven black hair, his sharp violet eyes squinting through the droplets of rain that pelted down upon his handsome face. The pace of his walk remained steady and unfazed even as the rain increased in both volume and mass. He allowed a mischievous smile curl onto his lips, though his eyes remained sharp and empty as his thoughts bubbled aimlessly over inside his head. He thought over the irony of the rain, that it held the power to cleanse the earth…yet this rain could not cleanse him; he was filthy...no matter how much he washed the disgusting feeling of being dirty wouldn’t leave him.
Seth pulled his book bag comfortingly over his shoulder, he wouldn’t work tonight if this weather continued, no today was too lovely a raining day to be spoiled by such sin.
He laughed silently to himself, he felt ridiculous even foolish….it must be this weather, he mused blissfully before kicking a stone that lay on the gravel, sending it skipping into the road before disappearing into the water gushing gutters.
His violet eyes lit up as a few strange faces stared at his soaking form questionably; Seth gave a friendly, yet not so friendly smile in their direction before continuing on his way towards school. He had only been in this town for three months and he had already found it as boring and dull as all the previous places he had stayed in before.

He shook his head allowing the soaked coal coloured hair to stick to his face, as the sight of a bus shelter came into view. He quickened his pace upon seeing it empty and eventually found himself at refuge beneath its roof. He smiled foolishly to himself as he examined the shelter cautiously, careful not to touch any of the beaches for they were dirty. His curious gaze drifted to a few posters and advertisements that had been placed on its walls. He read over them before coming across a familiar missing person’s poster. His fingers caressed the corners of the poster lovingly as he identified the photo of the blond smiling teenager with deep blue-ish violet eyes…. “Anthony Luce huh?... ,Boy does that name sound familiar, if only they knew…the poor parents of that child.. if only they knew that he no longer existed in this world.” Seth spoke with indifference, before tearing the poster from the wall and crumpling it between his fingers. He turned to look back out into the rain, which poured down never relenting for even a second. He smiled weakly before dropping the crumpled paper onto the damp floor and padding back out on the pavement, leisurely pacing towards the school’s building as he quietly sang to himself. His quiet voice forming the words beautifully in both pitch and tone,

“Now what I hold are the memories we barely made
I stood on the edge of your bridge until I felt the rain
Push me away
My confusion left me fast as the vertigo came

What I believed to be true it was only a dream
Believed in me
I just projected it over your beautiful screen
I self medicated my way through this mess that we made
So I could stay
There was nothing, but I waited
I waited

This was my mistake
Broken are plans we made
So I will be travelling any place
Cause anywhere's better than
Here..”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Ignorance is Bliss (POLO and INKERZ ROLEPLAY) Empty Re: Ignorance is Bliss (POLO and INKERZ ROLEPLAY)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Name: Avery Finn
Personality: To be RPed
Looks: Avery has plain, dull black hair, which he keeps permanently gelled in a boyish, spiky style. He is a little on the short side, and has a very light build - almost delicate. He tried to hide this, however, behind thick sunglasses, leather jackets and tarnished silver chains. On the rare occasion that somebody gets to see Avery's eyes, they are a soft, sensitive sky blue. Overall, Avery looks pretty plain, and a little weak, for the most part. However, he does have a sort of hidden charm... Something not many can see.
Other: Wait for the twist, if you haven't already guessed it. Razz Should come soon enough.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:23 am

Avery sat on a bench at the side of the road, listening to the soft music that his Ipod played into his ears. He wore his usual dark glasses to hide his eyes, and a thick leather jacket that did not completely shield him from the rain. It did, however, form a layer of bulk that hid his true physique – for which he was grateful, especially since the gel was starting to wash out of his hair by this point, which made him seem considerably more feminine than he already did. He had been sitting here most of the night, and he had already been through his entire playlist twice. The reason for this was a simple one: Insomnia. It never left him… And sleep never came. Or so it seemed… But in reality, the insomnia only struck after a fight with his father, and after that it lasted a while… Perhaps the reason he felt so unrested lately was because it was happening more often.
Avery touched a hand to his cheek, feeling the hot swelling his father had left on his cheekbone. It hurt, but thankfully it was not too obvious after he had covered it up with makeup.
Wow… Now he was wearing makeup as well.
“Way to go, Avery…” He muttered bitterly to himself, leaning back on the bench with an irritable sigh and glaring up at the raindrops that pelted his face. He liked the rain. At least, he had once… Before he’d had anything to hide. Now, it only brought problems. Unstyled hair, a wet shirt… Such were the things that Avery had to avoid. As such, he could no longer enjoy singing and dancing in the rain as he once had.
Avery shrugged his gloomy thoughts aside, and glanced up curiously as he noticed the approach of a boy – possibly around his own age. Avery watched his approach curiously, simply because he had nothing else to do. The boy seemed vaguely familiar, and upon seeing the bag on his back, Avery decided that he probably went to the same school. A school that Avery did not plan to attend that morning. He knew he should, because his grades were getting worse and worse, but he just couldn’t face it.

As the boy drew nearer, Avery realised that he was singing. Not just singing, but singing brilliantly! He gaped openly, listening to the familiar lyrics as they washed over him, and joining in with a whispered voice as the boy drew nearer.

“…Here we rest in peace
Rubble beneath my feet.
I shouldn’t have followed you anywhere,
‘Cause anywhere’s better than here.”

He trailed off into silence once more, and stared thoughtfully at the boy as he walked past. He watched a moment longer, then suddenly he could take it no longer.
On impulse, he leaped to his feet and dashed after the boy – falling into step beside him. This was when Avery recognized him as ‘Seth Larkspur’ – a boy in his grade who he had noticed on occasion, but never really spoken to. Well, that was about to change. “Hey – Seth, right?” He greeted him, smiling brightly at the boy – completely forgetting all his troubles as he spoke. “I’m Avery Finn – I think we take maths together or something…?” He trailed off, shrugging vaguely, as though he didn’t really care anyway. Then he continued. “You sing really well, dude! Yeah, I was eavesdropping… But seriously! That’s pretty cool… And you have good taste in music, too! Good for you, Mate!”
He grinned brightly, perfectly aware that he had just done a perfect impersonation of a blabbermouth, but not really caring. It wasn’t very often that he found somebody who shared his taste in music, so he was quite excited. If Seth liked the same music as him, perhaps they would be compatible as friends? Avery certainly wanted a friend… At least, he thought he did. Did he? He wasn’t sure… It could be risky. Maybe he should just make some excuse and head on back to the bench… Yeah… That was what he should do.
But he didn’t.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:57 am

Seth hadn’t noticed the skinny boy sitting near him, for his indifferent eyes had been trained on the ground at that moment. However what did catch his attention were the words he and that person had simultaneously uttered.
He slowed his steps allowing them to become irregular before stopping altogether, he then turned his head towards the direction of the seemingly familiar boy, his violet eyes hooded his damp black fringe.
To Seth’s surprise, the boy had already fallen into place beside him. He examined the slightly shorter teen cautiously, his own eyes indifferent, yet questioning. The boy’s age would be the around the same as his own, as for his built, well it seemed all but hidden beneath the layers of thick clothing he wore. The boy’s sudden bright greeting seemed unfitting to his appearance, but Seth returned his friendly greeting in an all too polite tone, “Ah Yes, I thought I recognized you.” He stated with a faked smile upon his lips. His sharp gaze setting directly upon Avery’s unreadable hidden eyes. This boy seemed suspicious to him, well truth to be told he’d seemed spurious to anyone with that kind of attire.
Seth remained silent as Avery commented on his singing and taste in music, he was pleased by the boy’s well meant complement, but he still felt embarrassed for allowing himself to be heard by a complete stranger.
Seth shrugged before speaking in rehearsed tone, “Well I appreciate that you liked my singing, but I must say I’m a little embarrassed you heard it…after all music is best sung by the band owning the song, don’t you think so too?” he smiled in a practised movement, The tiny black tattoo on his cheek moving in coordinace with his smile.
Seth’s aloofness held firm, even though his movements, voice and tone suggested other wise. The rain pelted down hard upon them as they simply stood in each others company, completely it’s mercy. “Why are you in the rain?” he mused in a slightly more distant tone, his sharp gaze catching the faint sight of the swollen skin on Avery’s cheek as the make-up hiding it slowly washed away.
Perhaps he’s like me?...just trying to wash the filth away, something tells me that this is so…Seth thought silently as the black eyeliner beneath his violet eyes ran down his pale face.
He gazed down into his waving reflection that played on the puddle he stood in. His lips curled in a smile as he emitted a laugh, he looked ridiculous with black marks on his face.
Seth looked up at Avery, noticing how the boy held no bookbag, “I take it you aren’t going to school today either…..I myself had unmotivated intentions of going, but looking like this I don’t think I will ” he said stated with an amused laugh before slowly becoming quite again. He had always been the quite type, even in class which would explain why Avery hadn’t really noticed him before….that and the fact that it had been his first year in that school.
Seth loved how overly dramatic the scene around them seemed, it was like living in a movie. He also liked the fact that there was a person other than himself who enjoyed the ravaging lyrics of alternative bands.

“Say…Avery do you want to come with me to the bridge that over looks the river…. you don’t have to it you don’t want too…after all we barely know each other right?” he teased with slight distance in his eye.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:34 am

Avery returned Seth’s polite smile, and he could not help but notice that something seemed a little off. Though the boy smiled, it seemed that it didn’t quite extend to his eyes… And knowing that this fact would stand true for him as well had his glasses not hidden it, a faint chuckle escaped Avery’s lips – one meant for himself, and him alone.
It struck him as somewhat amusing that two relative strangers should meet in this way… One pretending to be happy, and the other pretending to care. It was a sad and fake meeting, and something told Avery that he and Seth both knew it.
But all the same – pretense was his only escape, so he would not drop the act. He would see it through to the end, and forge this fake friendship for as long as he could hold his own. Unless Seth knuckled under first…
He watched Seth’s friendly face as the boy struck off a conversation – the hidden aloof air to Seth’s tone igniting Avery’s competitive spirit, and making him all the more determined to befriend this boy – no matter what it took.
“Well I’m a little embarrassed I mentioned it, mate.” He replied brightly, “But it had to be said – just like it had to be sung. What better way to appreciate the work of the band than to try to mimic it, right?” He laughed quietly to himself – positively bubbly with joyous enthusiasm that he did not feel. “And this rain…?” Avery looked up at the sky for a moment, then – upon tripping over a rock and nearly falling over – returned his gaze to where he was walking, and brushed aside Seth’s question with a joke. “Who knows? Maybe I’m hoping it’ll wash away my clumsiness!”
He chuckled softly, then walked in silence for a while – sneaking occasional glances at Seth, and the lines of black trickling down his face.
Eyeliner, huh…? Wow, he was an odd one. To disguise oneself in such a way, with a definite emo style, yet to wear a personality mask quite the opposite? It made him wonder what Seth was really like… Although he’d had his first clue to that already. Seth liked his sort of music… Clearly, the boy had some sense.
Avery returned his attention to Seth as he heard him laugh, and offered a polite chuckle at his ruined eyeliner.

“Indeed, I decided I’d rather study slacking for the day.” He smiled slightly, then continued, “And of course, standing on a bridge in the rain sounds like a swell idea, as long as you don’t go jumping on me.” He offered a cheeky grin – playfully mocking Seth’s emo attire – yet with obvious good intentions.
“And for future reference, Dude…” Avery went on – putting on his typical cool-guy voice. “You’ll want to try the ‘Stilla - Stay All Day’ eyeliner. That stuff is actually waterproof.”
Avery chuckled and shook his head – amused by the irony of two boys discussing makeup.
Yes… Two boys.
A faint nervousness struck him at this thought, and suddenly Avery found himself panicking that he had given away his disguise. So of course, he made it worse, suddenly babbling on in a nervously high pitch.
“So, this bridge! Where exactly is it? Ah, I wonder what we’ll be missing in school today… Not that it matters, right? Oh well, school sucks. Bridges are cool. Where’s the bridge?”
And so it went on, Avery anxiety making him more nervous by the minute, which of course he displayed through over-the-top cheerfulness.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:16 am

Seth allowed an amused smirk play to upon his lips as Avery teased him. “In that case I’ll try my best not too, though I won’t promise anything…and as for you, you better not end up accidently falling over the edge.” He retorted mischievously as he played a card on Avery’s clumsiness.
To his amusement Avery’s tone altered, suiting the typical cool guy stereotype yet striking up a conversation on something completely contradicting to his pose….Make-up. Seth allowed a small laugh escape his pale lips,” Thank you, I’ll keep that in mind…though I must say I’d never have guessed you the type to know much about make-up.” He smiled sweetly at the strange pretender beside him, his unnatural eyes as sharp as ever as they walked on through the rain.
Avery’s cool tone vanished faster than it had come and for a reason unknown to Seth the boy seemed overly energetic. “Well the bridge over looks the river that runs along this town’s borderline…it’s not too far from here” he answered factually with his usual smile masking his distance.
Avery’s sudden cheerful babbling had almost caught him off guard there…thankfully he was able to hold his composure… yet he wondered why the sudden change in character… had Avery himself allowed his acting to falter even for simply a second? Seth wasn’t sure and therefore remained on edge as he lead Avery through the wet streets, occasionally striking up a conversation for the sake of being polite.

With the boy tight on his heels Seth slunk into narrow alleyway. His expression unreadable as he pressed on deeper into the dark, before coming to an inevitable halt as a towering steel gate blocked their path. Seth remained unconcerned about the obstacle before them, though he did take notice of the newly painted sign board attached upon the wall. He smiled slyly as he read it silently to himself, “Municipal property, No trespassing.
Seth turned to Avery, his expression sweet and cheeky under the black eye-linear that ran down his cheeks, “Hey… Avery, you don’t know the real reason why people aren’t allowed on that bridge…Do you?.” Seth mused, his voice holding a slight chill to it, though the mask binding smile stating other wise.
He took a few steps away from the boy allowing for some unintentional suspense to build up, before breaking into a flat out run. His legs tensed before catapulting high enough to latch onto the top mesh of the gate. He smirked satisfied as he pulled himself over the obstacle, before landing neatly on his feet.
Seth smiled refinedly, his expression hadn’t suited his actions at all and in a way it almost contradicted the fact that he had jumped the gate with such ease.
He stared at Avery through the mesh as he spoke once again in the same tone he had left off with, “There’s a rumor about that bridge…it’s believed to be cursed.” He stated in simple bliss, his eyes holding slyness to them. “All the people who walk across it fall into an unnerving despair…it is said that they inevitably end up throwing themselves into the icy river below…it’s a silly story isn’t it?” Seth grinned, his eyes hidden by his soaking fringe. He shrugged breaking the distance between them, his masked polite smile back in place, “Am I opening the gate...or are you going to climb it?”

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:13 am

Avery followed Seth toward the bridge, gradually calming his nerves once more, and re-instating his composure. One thing was sure, Seth was better at this than him. He wondered vaguely how long the boy had worn his emotional mask… It seemed almost to be a part of him.
In the short year that Avery had been hiding for, he had still not completely mastered his disguise.
Then again… Perhaps Seth hadn’t either. Avery could see it, after all, even if he couldn’t quite see through it.
Perhaps this curiosity was what kept him hooked. There was an aura of mystery about Seth, and it intrigued him – so much so that his logic was all but forgotten.

He glanced up as Seth suddenly stopped in front of him, and Avery’s eyes were drawn to the tall wire mesh fence stretching up before them. Bound untidily onto it was a newly painted sign, warning that trespassing was not allowed.
Ha! What better way to make him want to enter?! Avery had never been able to resist a good risk… The adrenaline… It was like a drug. He was addicted, and he couldn’t escape it.
Suddenly, Seth spoke, and the teasing chill to his voice caught Avery’s attention. He watched the other boy with wide, curious eyes behind his dark glasses, and waited patiently for the answer to Seth’s intriguing introduction – but it never came. Instead, Seth ran at the gate and leaped over with the grace of a gazelle – leaving Avery staring open-mouthed – astounded by how casually Seth had made the jump.
He had to admit, that was pretty impressive. Seth certainly didn’t look like an athlete. He wasn’t overly tall or powerfully built… Yet he was agile, and elegant – more like a gymnast, or a dancer.
Though of course, Avery did not mention any of this. It didn’t matter… None of it mattered. Seth didn’t matter.

Shaking his thoughts aside, Avery stepped aloofly forward as Seth peered through the mesh at him from the other side. And as Seth continued his little ‘ghost story’, Avery tried hard to convince himself that he wasn’t interested. But alas, he was. And he could have kicked himself for it…
“Cursed… Huh?” Avery repeated thoughtfully, staring over Seth’s shoulder toward the bridge with a fearful expression – pretending to fall for the prank.
Then he dropped the act, an impish grin twisting his features.
“Sounds like a challenge to me! Bring it on!” Avery exclaimed determinedly.
And from where he stood, he took a short run-up, his steps high and springy – just like when he trained for high-jump at school.
One… Two… Three…
Avery counted his strides, then flung himself at the fence – but he didn’t quite make it high enough. So he latched cat-like onto the wire, scrambled over the top, and dropped inelegantly to the other side – snagging his wet jacket on the top of the fence and landing in an undignified crouch.
He straightened quickly, dusted the dirt from his knees, and flashed a grin at Seth before bursting into a sprint toward the bridge, shouting back over his shoulder, “Bet I’ll catch the curse before you do!”

((I can edit this part out if it doesn’t work for you. Wink ))

He dashed to the bridge, then slowed as he reached its slippery surface, falling back into a dignified, slow and careful walk. He didn’t want to slip and fall.
Avery glanced back over his shoulder then, grinning at Seth, and speaking in a jeering voice. “See? There’s nothing-“ But he broke off suddenly as he tripped over a stone in his path, stumbling sideways and crashing into the little fence beside the bridge – obviously meant to keep people from falling off, like right now.
Avery breathed a sigh of relief, and just as he was about to push away from the fence – the fence pulled away from him – loose nails popping out to make the entire section give way beneath his weight.
Avery gave a yelp of surprise, and flailed like a cat in mid-air as he fell, then quickly straightened his arms, and managed to twist his body so that he surged through the surface of the water in a graceful dive. The current was strong, and by the time he resurfaced, it had already dragged him quite some distance.
Gasping from breath, Avery battled his way to the side of the river, and clung desperately to the bank, his arms trembling with the effort. He tried to scramble out, but the bank was high and slippery, and his wet clothes weighed him down. The water was freezing, and already Avery’s teeth were chattering – his lips slowly turning a cold shade of blue that almost matched his radiant eyes – now visible in the absence of his shades, which had been lost during the fall.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:55 am

Seth’s sly eyes followed Avery as he too flung himself over the fence, though with slightly less grace than what Seth had expected. As Avery landed Seth took notice of the absence of the boy’s leather jacket and was slightly amused to see it caught at the top of the fence, fluttering playfully like a flag. He allowed a polite laugh escape his lips as he turned his attention back to Avery; who had already burst into a sprint towards the bridge, throwing Seth the same grin had given him when his mask had faltered for the first time.
Seth pondered Avery’s burst of energy and noticed how it seemed to happen whenever the boy felt most vulnerable in his character. It was then that Seth took note of Avery’s peculiar build….his body held a distinct feminine charm to it. He honestly wouldn’t have noticed it had the jacket not come off allowing the soaked shirt to cling to the boy’s body.
Seth assumed that Avery had tried to hide his feminine appearance, yet he still couldn’t quite figure out how the boy’s mind worked.

The clash of metal broke Seth from his thoughts immediately, and what he saw next sent ice into the core of his belly. He watched in horror as Avery fell from the bridge, the boy’s body writhing in the air before straightening into a swan-like dive as he hit the water. Seth instinctively ran towards the bridge, his voice gone, his violet eyes wide with confusion as he searched the water for any sign of the mysterious boy. Seth felt his voice falter as he spoke, “A..Avery?!....Avery where are you!” he shouted through hysteria.
The current had strengthened from the rain, possibly carrying Avery downstream. Seth acknowledged this and quickly pulled off his shoes, socks and shirt; all things that would weigh him down. He knew he couldn’t swim well due to the current weakness of his body, but he was sure he’d had enough strength to pull the boy from powerful water if he saw him.
Seth slid down the narrow bank of the river, mud and stone gashing his feet as he did so. Avery should have resurfaced by now, yet the boy remained out of sight.
Seth ran along the bank desperately searching for the boy. His sharp eyes darted and thing remotely familiar, until finally the small struggling figure of the boy came into sight.
Seth allowed a sigh of relief escape his lips as he skidded to a halt beside the boy; his fear enriched violet eyes meeting Avery’s panicked Blues for the first time. The teen made a swift movement, grabbing Avery’s hand tightly in his own, before slowly attempting to pull him from the merciless clutch of the gushing river.
Little by little Avery’s body slowly edged out of the water.
Seth felt his grip falter momentarily as he accidently allowed Avery to slip. He allowed a desperate cry to burst from his lips as fastened his grip on the boy’s shoulders.
Minutes passed as they continued to struggle on, both Seth and Avery slowly reaching their limits as they did so.
Seth felt his arms burning as Avery’s weight strained them, he had guessed that the boy’s shoulders were possibly in the same amount of pain if not more. Seth coughed violently as he gave the last of his energy into a final successful heave freeing the boy from the water’s clasp.
As Avery’s body emerged from the water Seth felt his own body collapse under exhaustion as he heaved the boy on his chest before falling backwards onto bank. The two lay gasping for breath under the icy rain. Seth eyed Avery wearily as the shorter boy lay upon his chest. “A…Are you okay?” he stammered quietly. His face drained of blood allowing the tiny to black heart to stand out vividly against his pale skin. His warm bare chest heaving rhythmically as air entered and excited his lungs. He examined Avery through tired eyes; the boy’s lips blue from the cold, an obvious first sign of Hypothermia. The teen pondered over his action momentarily, he had risked quite a lot for a total stranger and was in fact quite surprised at this. His gaze passed over Avery’s form once again, he had a feeling he had figured of the boy’s secret, yet he silenced himself to mention anything out of character. His bond was after all with Avery’s fake persona and not with the actual Avery.

Seth lifted himself into an upright position, he cleared his voice to speak, making sure as to add a reassuring smile beneath his distant gaze and quite tone, “We can’t stay here, the water is going start rising…..Can you walk?”
Seth didn’t wait for an answer as he lifted himself to his cut feet. He felt slightly dizzy, but managed to regain his balance quickly. He turned his gaze towards Avery, his aloof nature still heavy, but his character mask still in play. He reached out his hand to boy, pulling him to his feet and holding him stead as they slowly made their way up the steep, slippery river bank.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 am

Avery heard the sound of Seth’s voice in the distance, but with cold binding his tongue, he did not bother shouting back. He could not help but wonder what Seth would do… He knew for a fact that the boy did not honestly care about him – that was simply an act… What mattered now was what sort of a person Seth really was. Would he let Avery – a relative stranger – slowly freeze to death (Assuming he didn’t drown first), or would he take it upon himself to help, despite the risk to himself?
Avery could not help but think that, judging by Seth’s hidden antisocial tendencies, he would more likely be the sensible sort to keep himself safe – maybe call for help, but not risk his own life to save his fake friend.
It was difficult to figure out what the boy’s reaction would be, seeing as how he didn’t truly know him… But Avery was quite content to sit back and wait. Curiosity was an old friend of his… And even at a time like this, it entertained him.
Just when Avery had finally decided he was in this alone, Seth appeared. And, upon seeing his would-be rescuer, Avery snapped out of his calm daze – and felt the panic of possibly losing his life wash over him. He attempted to stutter a word of greeting to Seth, but his teeth were chattering too hard to allow it, so instead he just clung cat-like to the bank.
Seth made a grab for his hand then, and for one heart-stopping moment Avery was tempted to flee – to run from that potentially traitorous hand and allow himself to be swept down the river like a limp ragdoll… But in the heat of the moment, he was forced to trust Seth, and he clasped the boy’s hand tightly in his own – his wide eyes showing the fear that, at any moment, Seth might turn on him and hurl him back into the raging water.
But he didn’t. Instead, he began hauling Avery up the bank. And with a thrill of relief, Avery accepted his help and struggled his way out of the water. But then Seth’s grip faltered, and Avery shut his eyes as he felt himself falling – not wanting to see the mocking face of yet another betrayer. But once again, he had thought too soon, for at that moment – Seth’s arms wrapped around his shoulders – catching him just in time, and finally beginning to heave him out of the water – this time successfully. It was a long and tiresome battle, but in the end Seth’s arms prevailed, and Avery felt himself scrambling out of the water and falling onto the boy’s chest. He lay still and tense, shivering from shock and cold, his shoulders aching from the battle against the water.
It took him a few moments to become aware of the fact that he lay across Seth’s chest – but when he did, he instantly scrambled off – then almost wished he hadn’t, because he felt light-headed without Seth’s body heat warming his frozen blood.
“Y-yeah… I- I’m fine.” Avery stuttered from between chattering teeth – finally responding to Seth’s weak question. “I d-do this all the t-time.” He joked weakly, “All in a day’s w-work.” He gave a faint chuckle, then wrapped his arms around himself, trying to rub the chill from his arms with his freezing hands. He felt terribly tired… But he knew he had to keep himself awake and alert if hypothermia was indeed setting in.
He glanced at Seth, and saw that the boy was beginning to rise, so Avery hurriedly arranged his legs, then scrambled to his feet with all the gangly uncertainty of a newborn colt – struggling to gain control of numb limbs.
“Th-thanks, Seth…” He stuttered quietly, his pale blue eyes darting around on the ground as he avoided Seth’s gaze – his earnest, heartfelt words making him feel nervous and vulnerable. But come on – the boy had saved his life. That deserved more than a fake smile…
“I owe you one.” He concluded, his voice gradually getting more steady as the shock wore off, and only cold remained. “Are… Are you okay?”
He glanced up at Seth, his expression somewhat blank, since he couldn’t quite decide which expression to wear… His ‘disguise’ ought to be concerned – he knew that – but his honest feeling was worry, which was much the same thing… And that just wasn’t right. In fact, it was so unexpected that it confused all expression clean off his face, leaving him looking somewhat robotic.
He accepted Seth’s assistance as the boy helped him up the slippery bank – his numb legs threatening to give way beneath him on every step.
“S-sorry…” He muttered suddenly, glancing awkwardly at his feet, “I’ve caused trouble for you…”
A tremor ran through him at this thought – though it was more from nervousness than anything else. What if he had actually harmed Seth? What if he was angry?
What if, what if, what if!
Curse the anxiety… Once again, it had turned him into a nervous wreck.
Then, as though on cue, Avery became aware of the saturated shirt clinging to his skin – reminding him of something he had been hiding before… She gaped in shock for a moment, then gulped nervously and folded her arms over her chest – staring in the opposite direction to Seth, and hoping wishfully that he had not noticed… Though in reality, she knew it was near impossible. Not with his sharp observation skills, and her- Well… her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:50 am

(A Lovely Short post....hehe)

Seth remained silent as Avery spoke, his vibrant Violet eyes tracing the slippery bank as they made their way to the top. He felt uneasy after discovering Avery’s unusual secret, yet in a way he was neither surprised nor displeased, perhaps it didn’t really matter at all…at least that’s how his character personality seemed to feel about it.

Seth allowed a fake smile of reassurance escape his lips as the familiar roads, street lamps and buildings came into view. He turned his empty gaze to Avery, “We’re out of harms way, but what should we do now?”
Seth mused slyly over this thought, what could they exactly do in their condition?...Cold, wet…muddy.
The only solution was to head home, before sickness caught them. However Seth felt a sudden greed pull over him…did he really want to release Avery just after saving him.He felt his arm around Avery’s shoulder tense slightly; his long wet bangs stuck to his sharp featured pale face, the kind smile would hide his mad thoughts for now.

Seth shook his head as he drew two solutions, one correct the other “slightly” mad.
One; He could send Avery home, a place where the boy would be safe and possibly after tonight never see Seth again……Or Two; sanity would leave them both and Seth would take Avery to his own home and simply keep him there with him….perhaps for forever…or maybe just until it was time to move towns again.
Seth felt his personalities clash as he tried to make the correct decision.

“My apartment isn’t far from here… Would you mind if I stole you for a few hours and treated you to some hot coffee, I should have some spare clothes you can use too” Seth offered in a surprisingly casual manner before leading Avery through the damaged fencing and back into the actual town.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:25 am

“We’re out of harms way, but what should we do now?” Seth asked, his words washing over Avery as though from a distance – though perhaps this was due to the fact that she was intentionally distancing herself from him. She felt vulnerable and threatened in the knowledge that Seth might guess her secret at any moment, if he hadn’t already.
Although, she supposed it wouldn’t be as much of a disaster as her anxious mind was making it out to be – but the situation still had to be avoided if at all possible.
Still, best not fret. With a bit of luck, if she acted completely casual, Seth wouldn’t even notice the fact that she wasn’t what she pretended to be…
“My apartment isn’t far from here… Seth began speaking again, and Avery shook free of her thoughts to glance toward him – paying attention this time, though trying hard not to squirm away from the arm over her shoulders. For some reason, she had suddenly become more aware of it, and the grip felt uncomfortably tight – though she knew that was most likely just her endless paranoia…
” Would you mind if I stole you for a few hours and treated you to some hot coffee, I should have some spare clothes you can use too”
At this offer, Avery was slightly taken aback. Forgetting about Seth’s arm, she tilted her head slightly to one side and regarded him curiously. Would he really go that far to pretend to be friendly…? Or had he honestly decided that he wanted to keep her around for a while?
Only one way to find out…
“That would be great, thanks!” Avery replied with a grateful smile, her pale blue eyes relaxing slightly in relief at the thought of dry clothes, and a warm drink. Inwardly, however, her interest remained with Seth. What were his true intentions…? She just couldn’t quite figure this guy out.
It was brilliant.
He fascinated her to such an extent that she even forgot to be afraid.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:26 am

Seth was pleased that Avery had said yes to his invitation, yet he himself pondered if the Feminine boy’s chose was wise. He smiled warmly at Avery before instinctively removing his arm from around the boy’s delicate shoulder, “This way then” he said in a smooth and overly polite tone as he began to lead Avery through the bent and narrowed streets of town.

They walked in an almost pliable silence towards Seth’s apartment, both cautious and curious yet foolishly trusting.
Seth allowed a thousand mad thoughts to past through his mind as he battled to decide on what to do with Avery. He wanted to let the boy go.....yet the very thought seemed wrong...yet the truth behind Avery has that he was not as he seemed....he was a girl, And Seth wondered if that fact would make stealing her a disappointment or a joy.

He ran a long fingered hand through his long midnight black hair, his expression seemly blank as he allowed a few words escape his pale lips, “Do you think the sky’s blue because it’s sad?...I think it might be so”
Seth’s tone held a distance to it, yet this was quickly covered up as he turned to speak once again.
“We’re here” He stated in an oddly cheerful tone before leading Avery towards a large well kept apartment building.
He led her up the outside stairway and it wasn’t long before the two where safely inside Seth’s apartment and away from the icy rain.
The Apartment itself was extremely clean considering it belonged to a teenage boy, yet it held a comfortable, almost luxurious aura to it. It held two rooms, a fairly well sized kitchen, bathroom, and even a small balcony area.
Seth smiled reassuringly at Avery as he enter the kitchen area, “Make yourself at home...I’ll search my cupboard for something that’ll fit you while we wait for the kettle to boil.”

Whether it was to Avery’s knowledge or not ,Seth had casually locked the front door, a natural gesture of course....for who indeed would want any criminals getting in or coming out.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:32 am

”Do you think the sky’s blue because it’s sad?” Seth asked suddenly, seeming somewhat distant, ”I think it might be so…”
Avery considered this a moment, glancing up at the sky and gnawing her lip slightly. The sky… Sad? What utter rubbish. The world was not so poetic – it was far too cruel for that. “If the sky is sad, then would the grass be envious…?” Avery murmured skeptically, speaking mostly to herself. The world doesn’t feel. If it did, the sky would turn red, and it would rain blood. For in a world as twisted as this, how can anybody feel anything but fury?
She finished her speech in silence – forming the words in her mind, but not on her lips – then followed Seth placidly into his apartment, her secretive face sporting a polite smile.

As she entered the house, she was vaguely aware of the sound of a lock clicking shut behind her, and paranoia began kicking in. Fear made her breath catch in her throat, and as her anxiety rose, Avery willed herself desperately to keep breathing.
Scared, are you? She mocked herself cynically, What’s Seth gonna do? Smile you to death? He’s polite enough to be a butler, for goodness sake…
She snorted in amusement at her thoughts, then flopped down on the couch in the center of the room – making herself at home, just as Seth had suggested. The more comfortable she pretended to be, the less he would catch on to her fear – or so she hoped.

“Nice place.” She commented, It’s got that great “’Obsessive compulsive cleaning’ feel about it.”
She yawned vaguely, then shivered as a chill shook her.
This reminded Avery… She was sopping wet.
Hurriedly getting up from the couch before she could make it too damp, she trotted over to the kitchen to find Seth. “Hey, have you got some dry clothes for me?” She asked innocently, “I don’t want to drip all over your spotless floor.” Offering a cheeky grin, she cocked her head slightly to one side and waited for Seth’s response – her short hair plastered flat with the same cold water that dripped from its tips.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:08 am

(Short and Sweet Very Happy…..hehe I want to down scale on our writing XD)

“Nice place.” Avery commented, It’s got that great “’Obsessive compulsive cleaning’ feel about it.”
At this statement Seth smirked, he enjoyed Avery’s almost sarcastic tone.
He opened his mouth to reply, but before he could do so Avery suddenly appeared before for him, her dark damp hair clinging to her innocent face. Seth gazed at her for a moment finally accepting her gender as a female; he could not believe that he had once actually thought her male. Her fine features and soft eyes held no masculinity to them at all, yet there was a cheeky sort of essence held in her smile as she continued to speak.
“I don’t want to drip all over your spotless floor.”

The black haired male shook his head in playful disbelief before walking towards his bedroom and collecting a few pieces of attire he thought would fit Avery.
As he picked through his wardrobe he was suddenly very aware of the fact that yet another being was in his apartment. The sensation was strange and addictive as he usually had no visitors…only clients.
Seth rubbed his head agitatedly as his thoughts raced; he was going to steal Avery from the world, perhaps then the sensation of absolute solitude and confusion would disappear…if only for a little while anyway.

Seth made his way back into the kitchen, tossing the clothes and a dry towel towards Avery. The bathroom is through that door over there, He stated in his well practised cheerful and polite tone, his long fingers gesturing to the door.
“Better hurry though…the Coffee will get cold” he continued though this time with a slight smirk, his violet eyes suddenly holding a dangerous unpredictable vibe to them.
He smiled sweetly before placing two steaming cups of coffee on the kitchen counter.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:45 am

((Very excited to reply, but I'm not going to try now since I only have 10 minutes of battery left, and I type like a snail-slug hybrid. XD I'll post as soon as I get home!! Very Happy ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Avery caught the clothes and towel that Seth tossed her. She draped the towel casually over her shoulder, and bundled the clothes in her hands. "Thanks." She said simply, offering a measured smile that matched the politeness in Seth's tone.
Then his expression changed, and Avery's eyes narrowed momentarily as she recognised the first sign of trouble.
She didn't trust that mischievous glint in his eye. The locked door, the self-satisfied smirk... Whatever game he was playing, clearly, he was winning.
Of course, Avery just would not stand for that. Even if she didn't know the rules, she would not be beaten.
“Better hurry though…the Coffee will get cold.
Avery returned his smile, and responded in a challengingly sweet voice, "Well, we can't have that... I'll be sure to be quick."
Her lips formed a well-rehearsed smile, the sort that barely lifted the corners of her mouth, yet somehow formed a curve with her pursed lips. Had she worn any other sort of expression on her face, it might almost have been considered flirtatious. Instead, it brought to mind the words 'poker face'.
This was a game, and she was playing to win.
She flashed Seth a brief wink, then turned away from him, and entered the bathroom as he had indicated. She stripped and dried herself briefly with the towel, then dressed hurriedly into the clothes that Seth had lent her.
As she exited the bathroom, she began to wonder if, perhaps, he had drugged the coffee in her absence... She had seen enough of filthy scumbags and sick-minded swine to know that people were seldom as they appeared, and frankly, she wouldn't put it past him.
But something told her that if she let him know she suspected him, she would be surrendering the game... Not a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:56 am

(Hehe not my Best post XD)

Seth stirred his coffee absentmindedly as he waited patiently for Avery to finish dressing. He had enjoyed the clear defiance in her smile, though was surprised at how quickly she had blanked her expression. He wondered what she was playing at…What she was thinking.

Avery exited the bathroom, breaking Seth’s silent pondering as he turned to gaze at her. She was dressed in Seth’s usual emo attire, her black hair suiting the style extremely well.
He remained silent for a moment then spoke, “You look good, though I must say it’s a little bit strange…it’s as though I’m staring at my doppelganger”, he teased before politely gesturing for Avery to sit down.
Seth turned his attention to his nails, examining them with sharp perception. His unnaturally coloured eyes meeting Avery’s light blues for only a moment before turning back to the activity at hand.
He allowed an unusual smirk paint his pale features as he slowly slid his hand into the pocket of his jeans. His violet eyes meeting Avery’s once again, almost testing her to see how she’d react to his gesture. Seth’s hand came once again into view, this time clutching a tiny bottle of black nail polish between his long fingers.
He then casually unscrewed the cap and began the simple task of painting his nails. His gaze not meeting Avery’s as he spoke, his tone clearly sly, “So Avery…What’s a boy like you doing in a girl’s body?”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:30 am

((Nooo, I loved it! XD Seth is so epic! I missed him. Wink ))

Avery watched with guarded curiosity as Seth began painting his nails. There was something going on here... Something she was missing.
“So Avery…What’s a boy like you doing in a girl’s body?”
Ah, that was it. So he had noticed had he? Well, she supposed it would have been wishful thinking guessing that he hadn't.
"What's a boy like you doing in nailpolish?" She retorted, clearly unabashed. She raised her chin defiantly, fixing Seth with a challenging gaze. She neither confirmed nor denied his accusation - but it was clear from her body language that she had accepted that he knew her secret, and did not intend to fight it. If she had to be a girl, then she would do so - but she'd do it as herself, and nobody else.
She wasn't going to don a tutu and dance in the ballet, nor did she intend to squeal over shoes in the mall. She was Avery Finn - and she would be herself - her tough, down 'n dirty self - regardless of gender.
"So, Seth..." She resumed speaking, keen to take the spotlight off herself, "Do you live here alone?" She raised an eyebrow, glancing curiously at him. He was around her age - yet it seemed to her that this was a home for one. She could not deny it - her curiosity was piqued.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:57 am

(Nhaaa! Avery’s so cocky!, I love it!)

"What's a boy like you doing in nailpolish?" Avery retorted with clear defiance as Seth finished painting his nails. A playful smile playing upon his lips as Avery continued to challenge his every word, her soft form becoming bold as she held her self with dignity and pride, both qualities that Seth lacked.
He stared at her directly, not daring to break eye contact for fear that their little game would suddenly end…he was having far too much fun for it to stop now.

She resumed speaking, her eyebrows raised questioningly as she interrogated the blacked haired male,” So Seth…Do you live here alone?"
The question seemed to provoke a lie that Seth clung to, yet he would play by the rules for now and reply with blunt honesty.
He replied casually, ensuring that no weakness showed, “Hmm…Tricky question that, I suppose I do…though I’m sure that will change soon enough.”
He grinned slyly, before politely continuing the conversation, “You see sadly enough I’m a selfish person, who’s plotting to steal you away …though I still wonder if whether or not it’s worth my effort, are you going to prove your worth to me?”
He smiled politely, his personality shifting once again to that of a butler, “Tell me more about your self Avery…I’m dying to know you better, I get the impression that your not like other girls”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:37 am

((They're just epic, aren't they? XD ))

Steal me away? Avery wondered silently, raising one eyebrow. Is he joking? Or is this just part of the game...? Maybe he's crazy?
She began grinding her teeth absentmindedly as she studied him - contemplating his incentives, and sizing him up - just in case it came down to a fight. He was a thin, weedy little fellow. She wasn't much to behold herself - but she thought she could take him. She hoped so, anyway.
As for his incentives... She had a funny feeling he was telling her the truth. He was selfish, and he wanted to steal her - he had locked the door, hadn't he? - the question was, for what reason?
"Are you going to prove your worth to me?”
What was that supposed to mean? What sort of 'worth' was he talking about...?
She couldn't deny it - she was feeling rather unnerved after learning Seth's intentions. Basically, he intended to kidnap her. Kidnapping was never a good thing - that was a commonly known fact - so naturally, Avery was a little scared... But not scared enough to want to give up this game.
Determination flashed through her, and this brought up the question: How could life possibly be worse than it already was? Really, what could Seth do to her that would make her regret leaving her father?

Seth wanted her - so he could have her... Little did he know what he was getting himself into. She was a package deal, after all.
Well... I scratch your back, you scratch mine - right, Seth?
"Oh, I don't think I've mind being stolen." Avery said sweetly, her lips twisting into a fox-like smile - this time unmistakably flirtatious - yet the expression in her eyes was still simply challenging.
She had a new hand to play, that was all. She was changing her tactics to level the playing field.
"And really, Seth, what's there to tell?" She blinked innocently, "I'm no different to anybody else. You'd say the same, wouldn't you?"
Once again, she turned the spotlight onto Seth. She didn't want to talk about herself. There was nothing worth saying that wouldn't hurt her when said - and she refused to be hurt.
Yes... She was just like other girls, after all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:36 pm

(Err…I had a bit of writers block with this post)

“Oh, I don't think I'd mind being stolen." Avery said through flirtatious lips before innocently continuing her sentence "And really, Seth, what's there to tell?.. I’m no different to anybody else. You'd say the same, wouldn't you?"
Seth pondered Avery’s words for a few moments; She was certainly proving to be interesting, more so than what he had originally thought.
Her unexpected reaction to his words pleased him greatly, though mistrust clung to him simultaneously in a way that was almost suffocating.
He moved to the edge of his seat, his face suddenly quite innocent and child-like, his tilted head giving him a feminine quality as placed a long pale finger over his lips, “I wonder…would I really say the same?” A devious grin stretched upon his handsome
Features as he opened his mouth to continue, unfortunately before even a word could be uttered the sudden familiar sound of Seth’s ring tone silenced him.
Seth blinked stupidly as though suddenly blank, He then reached for the vibrating cell phone at his side, His eyes lingering upon Avery for a moment as he suddenly spoke, “I beg you excuse my rudeness, I need to take this call.”
With all politeness returned, Seth flicked open the noise emitting device, silencing it as he did so.
He then spoke casually into the speaker,” Good evening Sir, how can I help you?.......I’m sorry you’ll have talk to my contractor about that…..no that price simply won’t do, a service like that does not come cheaply…I appreciate the offer but I’m busy at the moment… Oh?....I see, I suppose if that’s the case then I’ll be there at around Eight o’clock….Yes I understand that you don’t want to wait, I’ll be over
As soon as possible.
With that said Seth suddenly hung up the phone, his pale features contorted with subtle annoyance. He turned to face Avery, “I suppose I’ll have to play the thief
And steal you another day...According to my boss I’m working tonight.”
Seth sighed deeply; he did not want to let Avery go... After all she might not return if he did, He was also not in the mood for work and silently pondered bunking it.
He silently pondered a few ideas, before coming down with an interesting enough solution. “Hey Avery, Ever camped out in warehouse before?” he asked with a slight grin. “You see I don’t really feel like working tonight … and there’s no way in hell that I letting you slip through my fingers that easily.” He sank deeply into the couch a self-satisfied grin sprawled across his face. He didn’t like being to what to do, especial by low lifes like his boss.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 am

((I had a bit of block myself, but I'm trying to bounce back. XD ))

Avery watched Seth's phone conversation with sharp eyes, trying to work out what was happening on the other end of the line. So... He had a job, did he? A job offering a service. The sort of thing that people did not want to wait for, apparently. And he had a contractor... Was he a delivery boy? That seemed more than likely. A plumber? An electrician? Both seemed to fit - but somehow, not for Seth.
A performer of sorts? A private entertainer - like an olden day Jester, perhaps. Now she felt she was getting warmer...
Either way, the guessing game was ended when Seth hung up the phone, and turned to her. His fair features showed annoyance for a moment, but then he masked it smoothly, and spoke in a well-spoken tone. “I suppose I’ll have to play the thief
And steal you another day...According to my boss I’m working tonight.”

"I see..." Avery murmured quietly, a sharp twinkle to her eye as her lips bent into a half smile.
She said no more, because she knew Seth was thinking. She could practically see the cogs turning in his mind, as though he was trying to find a solution to some tricky equation.
“Hey Avery, Ever camped out in warehouse before?”
Ah, there it was. As expected. Avery smiled - a hint of smugness to her expression, and shook her head.
“You see I don’t really feel like working tonight …" Seth went on casually, " and there’s no way in hell that I letting you slip through my fingers that easily.”
"Oh, really?" Avery asked sweetly, letting her head tilt slightly to one side. "You think it's up to you, Seth, whether or not I... How did you put it... 'Slip away'?" She laughed - a musical, tinkling laugh - though gave no explanation for it, and simply continued - smiling at her own private joke.
So Seth thought it was up to him, did he? Whether or not she went with him? He thought he could 'steal' her - and he was right. Anything that was owned could be stolen, after all, and she was still her father's property. If he thought that winning her over from her father automatically made her his, though - he had another thing coming. Avery intended to choose her own fate. For as long as Seth interested her, she would stick around - but likely as not her interest in him was just a fleeting fancy. Curiosity was like a chocolate coated peanut. It could indulge a person for a while - but the end result of it was seldom as pleasant as the start.
"You want me to camp out in a warehouse with you?" Avery asked brightly - smiling, and considering Seth with a cheerful expression. "What's in it for me?"
A night away from your Father?
But Seth doesn't know that, does he?
Ahh... Smart girl.

"Treat me to some chocolate coated peanuts, and I'm in." She grinned brightly, though there was a lingering shadow in her eyes. Cool, detached interest, perhaps. Or determination to find out what, exactly, Seth was trying to hide.
That was the game they were playing, right? Who would be first to suck away that sticky layer of chocolate, and reveal the hard, bitter nut hiding inside?

((Wow, that was bad. XD *Noms on peanut* :3 ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:46 pm

(I thought It was Great, Sorry about the delay…I have had absolutely no free time…it’s getting quite ridiculous really)

"Oh, really?...You think it's up to you, Seth, whether or not I... How did you put it... I 'Slip away'?" Avery stated with a twinkling laugh in her voice. Seth could tell she was not done talking however and listened intently as she continued to speak, her tone changing to something cheerful, "You want me to camp out in a warehouse with you?” She seemed to paused as though deciding on a price for such a request, “Treat me to some chocolate coated peanuts, and I'm in "
Seth smiled cheerfully; He expected no less from Avery, though the request did indeed baffle him…why choose chocolate coated peanuts? Why not something more valuable or complex. Seth pondered the girl’s intentions for a moment before deciding it time to reply to her questions and requests, his violet eyes holding a sort of darkness about them as he did so, “Avery love, It is up to me…Did I let you ‘Slip Away’ when you fell into that river…the moment I saved you I made you mine.” He stopped abruptly allowing a sly grin to paint his features, “Of Course If your freedom is that important to you, you can earn it quite easily…become uninteresting in the slightest way and I’ll release you like a bird from a cage.”
His gaze slowly drifted to the floor before once again meeting Averys, this time he had taken a card from her deck and played the role of cheerful innocence, all darkness vanishing, “I think I’ll take you up on that offer, chocolate peanuts...interesting choice, We better get ready to leave then.”
With that said Seth continued to wear his polite and friendly persona, though his violet eyes still occasionally flickered with the darkness of his thoughts.
He slipped his hand into his pocket retrieving the keys to the front door, before casually tossing them to Avery, he curiously wondered what she would do next and watched her as though it were his first time setting eyes upon another human being.
“You lead the way towards the nearest shop, I don’t know my way around town to well...Especially not at night.” Seth loved the obvious lie he had uttered
it was bittersweet to the taste, almost like a chocolate coated peanut. (“Wink”)
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:58 pm

((No worries, I totally understand. :3

But riddle me this... WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME?! XD It's not fair. Razz Haha!
I won't reply to this right now, because I actually like to take some time to 'think' for this RP, but rest assured I'll post soon. Smile

Loved that post! Razz Especially the ending. XD Haha! Way to carry on a really bad extended metaphor in a really awesome way. :3 ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next