Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts)

2 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts) - Page 11 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts)

Post  Dreambug Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:25 pm

((*giggles* Laughing Okay, you have a point. Razz But when I know he'll be back at 5.30, as he always is, it get's annoying. Mostly, because he's only going seven or eight miles away, and when I know his work days anyway... I think he just uses it as an excuse to wake me up o.0

Bleh, I'm not going through another one of those, not in this lifetime -_-

Haha! She is just the perfect charri to annoy him, as he is her. She basically does and says all the things I can't do to him, because... Well, for obvious reasons Wink ))

My smile widened into a face-splitting, teasing grin. "I like fruit cake." I squeaked, biting my tongue in a cheeky fashion.
Smile sinking from my face, I let my eyebrows knit slowly together into a quizzical frown. Almost like a curious puppy, I cocked my head and stared at him questioningly. Too late? No, no. 'Too late' would be when he was dead. That time wasn't going to come for a fair while yet - and so I told myself, anyway. But the point was, Leon had time. He had plenty of time for a last song. His voice was still there, and I'd seen him on the magazines with his rock guitar. They weren't too different from acoustics, were they?
Deciding to let it go, as it was obviously a touchy subject for Leon, I turned back out to look at the passing houses out of the crack of an open window.
Strange... These houses looked fairly normal, to me. Perhaps there was some sort of catch? Huge gardens? Masive flat screen TVs? Wi-fi?
Perhaps they were like mini TARDIS', bigger on the inside, and all...
'Ordinary girl...'
The words mimmicked themselves inside my mind, yet the meaning was unclear. What was 'ordinary'? Someone that wasn't famous? Was that it? Because in that case, I was ordinary.
However, I'm sure there were many people out there that would disagree with me.
I looked out the window to realise that the houses were no longer rolling by my eyes, and the engine faded to silence. We'd arrived.
Feeling slightly sick with nerves, I looked at Leon and raised an eyebrow. "After you."
Oh, for goodness' sake. Why was I so scared? I didn't even know this girl. I didn't need to fear anything. Leon could ge over his own phobias, like the one that included simply talking to Britney. I waso nly there to nudge him and make him talk when everything went silent. In reality, I didn't really matter that much to either of them, when it came to this.
Grumbling at myself, I opened the door and climbed out the car, not really bothered whether Leon had got out or not. I wandered slowly to the pavement, both hands slipped into my back pockets.
"Nice house." I muttered, staring up at the average-sized terraced house. I meant it, too. It could have been worse. It could have been tacky. Like someone else we know...
No. Shut up. Forget about Peach. She doesn't matter anymore.
Sighing, I rotated back on my heel to see whether Leon had climbed out of his little shell yet.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts) - Page 11 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (Old Posts)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:29 pm

At first Leon was reluctant, but when Abby got out of the car, hew drew in a deep breath and forced himself to follow.
"You can wait here." He said, turning back to Jeeves, "We won't be long."
"Very well, Master Leon." The butler replied crisply, obviously trying very hard to keep from saying exactly what he thought about Leon getting back in touch with Britney.
Leon, of course, was oblivious.
"Right... It's show time." He muttered, rolling his shoulders and clicking his neck as though preparing for a boxing match, then starting to walk determinedly toward the front door. After a few steps, he paused and glanced back toward Abby. "You've got my back, right?" He asked, a pathetically cute sheepish grin on his cowardly face.
He chuckled softly to himself - shaking his head at his nervousness - then walked up to the house, and rapped loudly on the front door.
"Who is it?!" A female voice called from inside. "It's me." Leon replied simply, not keen to shout his name for everybody to hear.
There came the sound of muttered curses and jingling keys from inside, then the door swung open and Britney emerged - slim as ever, and chewing noisily on a piece of bubblegum. She was a little shorter than Leon - though obviously a couple of years older, and she had long, glossy blond hair that fell just past her shoulderblades. Her legs seemed to stretch on forever, until they vanished into a pair of tiny shorts, and her face was quite pretty - though not in a 'supermodel' kind of way. She was an attractive girl, but as Leon had said - ordinary. There was nothing specially unique about Britney at all. She was just another girl.
In the silence that followed as Leon gawked at Britney like a love-sick puppy, the girl blew a bubble with her gum, and when it popped, resumed chewing.
"Who's the broad?" She asked finally, nodding toward Abby. Leon's expression stiffened. "She's a friend." He replied simply, an edge to his voice. Then his expression softened again, and he took a step forward. "Oh, Britney..." He began, his voice hovering somewhere between pleading and despair.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:39 pm

I watched Leon wander to the door, looking aimlessly at the sky behind us then back to the house. Something inside me doubted that we was even, after coming all this way, going to talk to Britney at all. He looked mortified.
What was he so scared of?
Man up, you wuss. she thought irritably. What's the worse that could happen?
Well... Where to start? She could slap his face, scream abuse at him, call the police, get us both arrested for harrassment, have the school find out I wasn't arrested in the first place, send us both off to prison, get charged with vehicle theft, serve life sentences...
Okay, that was overreacting. We couldn't serve life sentences for vehicle theft.
Not really.
Unless I ended up punching the judge in the face in court...
'You've got my back, right'
I stared at Leon's innocent, slightly pathetic expression and rolled my eyes. He was playing for time, why couldn't he just admit it? "Just go knock on that bloody door, will you?" I snapped.
He did as he was told.
'Who is it?!' The voice thundering from the other end of the door made my eyes widen in fear. What, was she a Banshee or something? I winced as Leon replied, the door opened, and she appeared at the doorway, chewing loudly on peice of gum. My eyes followed her from head to toe, studying her spotless blonde hair, her thin figure, her unnaturally long legs.
I closed my eyes. Only one word came to mind at that point. Bimbo...
Why was I not surprised? I admit, her face wasn't spotless. But nor was it ugly, either. Still, I couldn't quite help but think that the loud gum-chewing made her look that little bit gormless.
'Who's the broad?'
My eyes shot open. Was she talking about me? For just a brief second my eyelids twitched towards each other. Then I remembered.
Bimbo.
Smiling silkily, I snorted in amusement, looking away from the two. Broad, I thought to myself. That's a new one.
'She's a friend.'
Oh, come one Leon. 'She' has a name. 'She' knows you're talking about her because 'she' is stood right beside you. Hello!

"I'm Abby." I said sweetly, completely unnerved by my first impression of her. I had nothing to do with this, nor did I want anything to do with it. I didn't have to like Britney. All I had to do was sit there and stop Leon from fleeing the place. "And don't worry about it, Honey. I'm not going to get in the way of you're little 'soap opera' moment. I'm just here to make sure 'His Royal Highness' over here," I gestured to Leon, "behaves like a good little boy and doesn't run away from his problems."
I glanced at Leon and rolled my eyes. "And for goodness' sake, Leon. Wipe that sputum from your gob and put you're tongue away. People are staring."
I slapped him firmly on the arm with the back of my hand, before shifting my weight to one side. Like little Miss Banshee, over here. I thought to myself with a smirk.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:07 pm

((DREAMBUG! :'D ))

Britney turned her gaze sharply to Abby, and Leon could have sworn the cat noises in his head at that point were real. Britney did not approve of Abby, that much was apparent. And judging by her overly-friendly tone, Leon didn’t think Abby liked Britney much, either.
“Been telling people my business, Leon?” Britney snapped finally, ignoring Abby completely, and rounding on Leon, whose mouth snapped shut abruptly – with some urging from Abby.
Keep it together. He reminded himself firmly – willing his heart not to give out on him as he felt it thundering rapidly against his ribcage.
“Judging by what you’ve said, Brit, it’s my business, too.” Leon replied – impressed with how calm his voice sounded. “And if I need some support to get me though it, that’s my choice.”
Britney narrowed her eyes in irritation – flashing a furious glare at Abby. Usually Leon would have been crumbling at her knees by now. This girl was getting in the way of her plans.
“Britney, talk to me. I’m here, right? What do you want from me?” Leon looked up at her – his gaze uncharacteristically hard – but when she met his eyes, he quailed instantly.
“Come in, Leon. I’ll talk to you alone.”
“But, I-“
“NOW, Leon!”
Leon flinched at the harshness in her tone, and hurried after Britney toward the house, mouthing a silent ‘thanks’ to Abby before he vanished through the doorway.

((Yeah, I couldn’t come up with any sort of conversation, so that’s my method of skipping it. XD ))

Not long later, Leon emerged from the house, still talking to Britney.
“And you’ll call me when it’s born, right?” He confirmed – sounding extremely nervous.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” Britney replied hurriedly, brushing off his question. “Just go on, would you?” She shoved him between the shoulder blades, and Leon stumbled forward – then hurried over to the limo.
He got his checkbook from Jeeves, and scribbled down some figures on a blank check, ((Ugh… SO want to use ‘cheque’. Stupid American MS word… Can’t stand those red squiggles. Wink )) then handed it to Britney.
He didn’t mind giving her money, of course, but he couldn’t help but worry that she would disappear… Or that he would die. He worried that, somehow, this child would never meet its father.
“Thank you, Leon.” Britney purred, fluttering her eyelashes flirtatiously. Leon swallowed thickly, and looked away, quietly muttering, “I have to go.” Yet he didn’t turn away.
“Oh, come on, stick around a while…” She said, running a finger over his smooth cheek and casting a catty sideways glance at Abby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:57 pm

((Polo-cat! Very Happy

These posts are growing... o.0))

It was official.
I didn't like Britney.
She was too... What was that word? Snobby? Bossy? Blonde?
Of course, I had nothing against blondes. Peach was blonde.
Exactly...
Grumbling to myself, I leant back casually on the front wall and waited patiently for the 'happy couple' to be done with their conversation.
What did Leon see in her? Could he not see the look in her eyes? Honestly... I'd seen more life and honesty in a plastic Barbie doll. Her smile was nothing but elastic. I bet she didn't even like him.
Bimbo...
I didn't know what it was about that word, but matching it with her always seemed to make me smile. Why was I letting myself get so worked up over her? If Leon wanted to waste his life getting his heart set on her...
But wait, he didn't have a lifetime to waste. If Britney was playing him, he couldn't waste his time trying to please her. I wouldn't let him.
Hmm...

The sound of voices and a squeaky door opening caught my attention, and I calmly pushed myself off the wall in time to see Leon being pushed down the stairs and towards the limo by Britney, who was looking just as demanding as ever.
Bimbo...
I'd keep telling myself that word until I ended up calling her it outloud, if I had to. The way she'd treated us both earlier was unfair, and highly uncalled for. Was she like this with him all the time?
If so, he was insane to want to hang around with her in the first place.
I was shocked to see Leon hand her over a check, but kept my mouth stubbornly closed. I wasn't in the mood for arguments. But when Britney began 'smooching' - as I like to call it - with him, I couldn't help but drop in a comment. I strolled coolly towards them, before leaning on the door of the limo, just a few feet away from them, so they felt they had space, but that I was invading their privacy enough to intimidate them. That little Banshee had given me no reason to want to like her, or respect her, for that matter. If she thought she earned the latter automatically, she had another thing coming. I didn't respect girls that wore short shorts and had mood swings as bad as this blondie. Crossing my arms, I waited a few seconds, watching them with an amused smirk. Then I began to speak.
“I'd say 'get a room', but I think there are a couple of dark alleyways down the street if...” I knotted my fingers together in a polite, slightly sarcastic gesture. I gestured to Britney. “If you'd feel a bit more at home, there?”
Ouch.
“Who's the daddy, Britney? A rent boy?”
Oh dear... I'd probably regret that. But my instincts told me I wouldn't have to put up with her for much longer. I'd make the most of this while I could.
My smirk broadened into an amused grin as I strolled over to the other side of the limo to dodge any physical blows. “Forget it,” I mumbled, shakign my head in amusement. “Just tell me when you're done.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:35 pm

((Shoot, they are. Wink *Shortens* XD
Thankfully, I'm lazy anyway. Razz ))

Leon jerked away from Britney when he heard Abby approach - her presence snapping him back to his senses. "Brit, I'd better g-" He began again, but his small voice was lost as Abby suddenly began slinging insults at Britney.
Leon gaped blankly at the pair - cat noises playing out in his mind yet again.
Britney was smiling, and this struck him as strange, yet there was a cruel twist to her lips that hinted to him that she had not been impressed by what Abby had said. She just wasn't letting her know that the words had hit home.
"You calling me a slut, Sweetie?" Britney asked, with a smile sweet as honey. She gave a girlish laugh, then added in a catty tone, "At least that would make me good at what I do." She raised her eyebrows threateningly, and Leon began slinking away - feeling suddenly embarrassed.
"At least I can get a guy, huh?" She glanced Abby up and down judgmentally, laughed cruelly, then grabbed Leon's arm.
He stopped obediently, turning back to see what Britney wanted.
And before he knew what was happening - she was kissing him. Kissing as only Britney could kiss. She made a show of it, of course, since her goal was to get under Abby's skin. Though why she thought kissing Leon would achieve this, Polo could not quite understand.
At first, Leon pulled away, staggering backwards and mumbling excuses - but Britney grabbed his collar and pulled him back, then kissed him even more domineeringly than before - practically holding him in place.
Soon enough, Leon forgot to resist. Britney ran her hands wildly through his hair, and pressed herself so close to him that he could feel her heartbeat in his own chest.
Just as he finally began to respond, Britney pulled back, wiping her hand over her mouth dramatically.
"See you, Leon." She said with a grin.
Leon gawked stupidly at her, mouth slightly agape.
Then, he spat out the piece of gum that had somehow ended up in his mouth ((Eeew XD)) and hurried after Britney as she began walking away. "Brit, wait!" He gasped - pathetic desperation in his tone. "Please don't leave me!" He begged, catching hold of her hand.
"Give it up, Leon." She snapped, jerking away from him and flipping her shiny hair back vainly.
"Just give me one last chance! I can change, I swear... I'll do anything..." As expected, Britney had caused Leon to loose his head entirely. All he could remember was how much he had loved her, and how much it had hurt to lose her... All he wanted... Was to have her back.
Britney smirked, clearly enjoying being begged.
"Oh, you've done enough, sweetie." She replied, fanning herself with the check. "I still don't want you back." She grinned cruelly, and Leon made one last final plea.
"But the child-"
"Oh, didn't I tell you? There won't be any child. I've had an abortion already. Tough luck, Leon."
Britney laughed, then flounced off with a flick of her hair - leaving Leon staring dumbstruck after her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:35 am

[[In case you haven't heard this song already, I discovered it on my iPod and thought it fits Leon's little dilemma Wink Clicky ]]

I watched with the same smirk on my face that I had worn just moments before as Britney began to reply to my insults, her smile as sickly sweet as honey. 'You calling me a slut, Sweetie?' she asked, her smile nothing more than plastic, there only to try and get to me. I mirrored her expression.
“I'm not calling you anything, hun. You brought that up yourself.”
She looked me up and down judgmentally, and I could have sworn there was some form of threat in her eye. What did she think she was going to do to me? Hit me? Slap my face? I'd like to have seen her try. 'At least I can get a guy, huh?'
I had to laugh. I couldn't help it. If she knew the amount of guys that had approached me trying to get a kiss she wouldn't have said such a thing. Just because she was little-miss-eight-hundred-calories-per-day with a waist the size of Pocahontas' didn't mean she was the only one who could attract the opposite sex when she wanted to.
Of course, I chose to turn them all down.
Or punch them if they didn't go away.
Unlike her, I didn't want that sort of attention. I had better things in my life to worry about, like my grades and keeping my place in that school.
That reminded me: we had to get back. Weren't the Police meant to be coming after Leon right now?
The next thing I knew, she was kissing him. Dramatically. Her hands were knotting through his hair, crawling all over his face. Her kisses were noisy, so much so that I ended up curling my lip in disgust.
The truth was: I'd seen more honest passion in a loaf of bread.
When she finally pulled back, I could see in Leon's face the desperation, that he wanted her back with all his heart. Or so he thought. I, on the other hand, could tell this was her little game all along. Couldn't Leon see she was playing him like a die? (that's 'die' as in, the singular form of 'dice' Wink) Of course, she walked away, flicking her stupid bimbo hair with a cheeky smirk. Then Leon spat something that had somehow appeared in his mouth.
I had to cover my mouth to stop me from gagging.
After a few more pleas, 'Brit' turned back to Leon and gave him one final word. Her tone made me want to gag more than her gum did.
'Oh, didn't I tell you? There won't be any child. I've had an abortion already.'
I froze. Abortion? She'd had an abortion without confronting him first? What made her think she had the right? And then she'd gone and conned him into giving her money.
Bimbo...
It was funny, the word didn't bring me any comfort, at all. I felt for Leon, but I was also more angry at her for having the nerve to mess him about like that. My face fell into an angry frown, and I wandered back to Leon and crossed my arms over my chest. “Well... Isn't she just a little cherry-topped cupcake full of love?” I mumbled sarcastically, watching her turn her back on us with that annoying, witch-like chortle. It was all I could do to stop myself from going over there and punching her perfect little face in. “Remind me again. How much money did you just give her?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:42 am

((Ooooh, so THAT'S that ever-popular song that everybody is talking about? XD Haha! I'll download it later, methinks, when I have my internet back on my PC... *Pets stolen laptop* :3
The lyrics are very fitting, though. Very fitting indeed. XD

PS. See how I fail at playing a bitch character? Razz Polo and female characters mix very badly. Wink ))

Leon heard Abby come up behind him, but he barely registered her presence. He was still staring after Britney's retreating back.
As she reached the door, a man met her. He looked ike he was in his early twenties, yet he stood head and shoulders over Britney, and he was built like a wrestler. Leon watched blankly as the man slipped his massive hands around his girlfriend's waist. Britney gave a girlish giggle, her overly-white teeth flashing as she grinned.
The man smiled at her, then leaned over and kissed her, his huge hands caressing Britney in a way that made Leon feel sick to his stomach.
Once again, Britney put on a show - thought this time, her sole motive was hurting Leon, not that she had needed to put any more effort into that. He was already staring at her like a half-drowned kitten.
Finally, the pair split apart at the lips, and Britney twiddled her fingers in a flirtatious wave, then winked at Leon before following her boyfriend into the house with a flurry of giggles.
The door slammed shut behind them, but Leon merely blinked, and continued staring. He didn't see how Britney had just conned and deceived him. All he saw was that he was still in love with her, and couldn't bear to live without her.
Finally, Abby's voice penetrated his brain.
He blinked, and finally turned his attention away from the door, turning to Abby and staring at her with the same blank expression. It struck him that he ought to feel embarrassed, but with Britney out of his life - how could he care about anything else? None of it mattered.
And this, he realised, was the perfect reply to Abby's question.
"It doesn't matter. I'm still not good enough for her."
With that, he turned away and walked back toward the limo. It was strange, he had expected himself to break down and cry - but he supposed he had more pride than that. Hell, he even managed to keep his back straight and his head high as he walked away. What he felt inwardly, however, was a different matter entirely. He was crushed.
"We don't need to be here any more." He pointed out, without breaking his stride. "Let's head back and get this kidnapping over with, shall we? I daresay we've both had quite enough drama for one day."
He pronounced his words with a crisp carity, rather than his usual slurred, casual tone. In fact, his actions seemed somewhat robotic.
So much for breaking my heart. He thought to himself bitterly, She's torn it clean out. But I'm glad I can't feel - because if I could, I'd be in Hell.
Ah, the power of denial. How he relished the numb sensation slowly spreading through him.

Manners forgotten, he opened the door to the limo and got straight in - not even thinking to hold it for Abby. He slid over the seat to what had become his 'sulk corner' over the years, and grabbed a little device much like a remote control from the seat pocket. He pressed a button on it with his thumb, and the speakers instantly began throbbing with the heavy tune of the only thing he felt like listening to at that moment: The song that he had decided to write the first time that Britney had crushed him.
Of course, back then, he had hoped it would be the last time. No such luck...

I'm a mess that's the best way to describe it
I leave no time to myself the only way I can fight it
When I'm alone it's like I'm staring into a mirror
Don't know the person inside it and that's never been any clearer
I miss our family and I miss all my friends
If you had it to do over your do it over again
Cause I would, it means something more to me
There's a whole in my heart where you use to be

I still wish you the best of luck baby
And don't go thinking this was a waste of time
I couldnt forget you if I tried
You killed what was left of the good in me
I'm tired so let me be broken
Look down at the mess that's infront of me
No other words may be spoken
And I've got nobody else to blame though I tried
Kept all of my past mistakes down inside
I'll live with regret for my whole life

I confess, that I brought this all on my self
Condemned to suffer alone, like there's nobody else
When your gone, it's like a whole part of me's missing
So I'll keep living the lie and just hope that your listening

What doesn't make us alive here
But our foundation was built for sin
Now stop and run until the damage was done
And I've never had the upper hand

I still wish you the best of luck baby
And don't go thinking this was a waste of time
I couldn't forget you if I tried

All the things you love are all the things I hate
How did we get here in the first place?

All but your cold blood inside your mind (All my trust)
Is always burning inside of me (All the way)
I can't make any more progress I know I'll faint
The only thing that can heal this this time is space

For my whole life

((Soooorry, had to quote it again. XD Hehe! Incidentally, it just started playing right now, and I have a crazy long playlist... What are the odds, huh? Wink "I'll live with regret for my whole life..." Anywhozer, yeah. Sorry for the errors. Like 'Whole' in my heart. Really... Can't these lyric people learn to use English? o_0 ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:54 am

((Yuppers Wink It's been on the English 'Top 20' for months, now. I'm surprised I haven't got sick of it by now o.0
No, no. You play her perfectly. I just want to hit her, now. Abby does, too. She just wonders how she would go about it unnoticed Shocked ))

Just as I was about to turn away, a large male appeared at Britney's door. He was tall, stocky with hands like a builder's. He couldn't have been much older than her, but he towered over her by a good, clean foot. At first, for some stupid reason, I thought he was her dad. That is, until I saw how he held her.
Honestly, if I'd been him, I would have used those huge hands to wrap around her throat and crush her neck like a twiglet. He looked so out of place stood beside her. With abs as big as his, he should have used his body to do some real good, which included stuffing her tiny body somewhere where the sun don't shine.
Of course, he did no such thing.
Instead, his hands danced over her body, and he kissed her. Long and hard.
The sight made me want to puke.
'It doesn't matter. I'm still not good enough for her.'
I looked at him, eyes wide. Not good enough? Was that the only reason he could think of for her to turn him down?
My hands twitched as they clutched the tops of my arms tighter and tighter, so much so that they were beginning to hurt. I had to to stop myself from smacking him in the back ofthe head to wake him up. He was getting himself so caught up with making that little Banshee happy, he was so blinded by love he couldn't see what was going on right under his nose. She wanted him for nothing more than money, and someone to play with when she was bored. Her little play thing. Why couldn't he see it?
As he turned away to the limo, I followed him and sat back down in my own seat as he sat himself in the corner, turning on the music player in the corner. Once again, his voice thundered through the speakers, but I didn't argue or complain. I let him listen to the song, and it was then when the lyrics really clicked.
Before, I saw it as nothing more than a song. But now I saw the meaning behind it.
It was all about Britney.
"Leon..." I began awkwardly just as the song began to finish. I'd not had to worry about situations like this before, so I just had to use my common sense to try and make him feel better. Poor guy... He wasn't saying anything, which was strange for him. I knew if I was him, I'd have been bawling my eyes out by now. But of course, he was blocking it out. This didn't surprise me. "You do realise that... That this had nothing to do with you not being good enough for her. Right?"
I gestured back towards Britney's front door. "That guy... He won't be 'good enough' for her, come next week. I bet I've met headless cod smarter than him. He must be as dumn as a post for wanting to go out with her. And d'you know what? I bet one day he'll find her kissing another guy, or he'll be caught kissing another girl and they'll both realise what they've done. Britney will be crying rivers and drowning in her own self pity, and he'll go kill someone. Something will click with her one day, and she'll realise how much of an asshole she's been.
"Just..." I paused, frowned, and looked away. "Where did you pick her up, anyway? A strip club?"
I paused again.
"...On second thoughts, don't answer that. I don't really want to know what she does in her spare time." I shivered dramatically, then glanced back out the black out window.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:53 am

((Limited time, so very short. XD ))

Leon merely shrugged at Abby's words, and at first it seemed he wouldn't bother to answer. But after a moment's thought, he realised that she was only trying to help - and that it was in his best interest to listen.
I'll be dead soon, anyway. He reflected emotionlessly, It would be plan stupid to waste what little time I have left hoping over Britney... No matter how much I love her.
"I suppose I know that, really..." He muttered with a sigh, "But as I'm sure you've guessed after that shameful display, I just can't get over her." He glanced up with a wry smile, then shrugged slightly. "I said it before, right? I'm a hopeless romantic. Truth is, I should hate her - but I just can't do it." He laughed quietly to himself, although the situation was not actually very amusing. It was amusing to him, in a bitter sort of way. Britney had hated him from the start. Their whole relationship had been a charade. Yet even now that he knew that, he still loved her. Why? Well, because it had been real for him, of course.
"I met her at one of my shows." He went on, resigned to explaining at least the basic details of how things had gotten into the mess he now faced.
"You understand what it's like, right? When you're famous, any sort of relationship is tricky - since all anybody really wants is fame or money. Britney seemed different, though. I guess she was, in a way. Instead of pretending to love me for my fame and money, she did it to destroy me. And I've got to hand it to her, she did a good job. I mean, look at me." He gestured vaguely with his hands. "I'm a mess." Trailing off with a sigh, Leon was silent a moment - then added a thoughtful afterthought. "I still don't know why she hated me so much, though..."
And you dont know the half of it. He thought silently, That girl did far more than just dump me and break my heart... As if that wasn't enough already.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:21 am

((Sorry it took so long. I honestly had no idea what to write Evil or Very Mad ))

...I just can't get over her'
I rolled my eyes, shifting my weight to face the window. The emotion I could just see him dumping on himself was beginning to make me angry. Not at him, of course. He couldn't help it, really. I was angry at Britney.
That girl didn't deserve all this attention. She'd already stolen his money. Now she was stealing his heart, too?
Okay, so maybe she had stolen that a long time ago. But it still annoyed me.
Clenching my jaw, I inhaled a deep breath and listened to him speak.
He began talking about how he met Britney, and how they both came into such a situation. The fact that he'd met her at one of his concerts didn't really surprise me. She'd probably only gone there to get his attention. Goodness knows how revealing her clothes had been for that very occasion.

Back in the very small handful of years I'd lived with Peach, I remember her taking me to one of her concerts in Oklahoma. We were being led to the backstage changing rooms where I was to hide and wait for her to be finished - although it had involved waiting for at least four or five hours before seeing her again. But I could remember being led into one of the changing rooms and sat on a chair with some paper and crayons by the large, regal mirror. A small viper, I later discovered, had curled up underneath the table to cool down from the hot weather outside. When I'd seen it, I wasn't as bothered as I should have been. It wasn't biting distance, and it didn't look venomous. Having told one of the stage crew about my new 'friend', he'd removed me from the room completely. He'd said the Copperhead may not have bright colours as warnings like other snakes, but they still packed a very strong bite, that could make you extremely ill and could be proved fatal without immediate assistance and treatment.

Britney didn't really look like a Copperhead, but something about her still made me think: snake. I didn't know what had happened to that viper after that. But if I'd known Britney back then, if it had still reminded me of her, I would certainly have stepped on the damn thing. Even if it was supposed to be deadly.

“D'you know who else she reminds me of?” I asked, aware of the fact that I'd not actually said the memory of the copperhead outloud. “Jack the Ripper. I don't think she ever hated you, Leon. She loved you just as Jack did with his victims,” my eyes dropped to my hands, “just before he'd cut 'em open.”
Okay, that wasn't helping anyone. Inhaling awkwardly, I opened the window wider so the cool, fresh wind hit my face and brushed my hair to the side. “Okay, I can't say I know what it's like with the whole 'relationship' thing. But I do know about moral rights.” I glanced back up and him, eyes stern. “And I promise I will get that money back. I won't let her get away with this.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:47 am

((*Gasps* You're alive! O.o I thought the aliens had come for you... *Shudders*
You okay, Buddy? *Pokepoke*

I posted on the other RP as well. Smile What's the block status on that one? Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:57 am

((Hello Polo-mowcat :3
Don't worry. They can't touch me. I have my lightsaver to keep them away Twisted Evil *has never watched Star Wars... Ever...*

Oh, don't worry. I know. I've read it nearly enough times to know it of by heart I love you It was amazing, as always! Very Happy
Although Kougu's little nightmare did have me gagging at times... :3 The annoying thing is, I know what's going to happen. I just can't put into anything much more than three lines -_-))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:11 am

((Dreameh. Lightsaber. It's lightsaber. XD Hehe!
(Says the person who made a billion and a half typos in her last post)
Seriously, how did you even manage to read that? o_0 I mean, I knew my typing was bad on the laptop, but... That?! Goodness me... Haha! Razz Anyway, I shall type up a super-quick, super-short reply for you in a moment. Keep it nice and short for your blocked brain. Razz

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Sorry about the nightmare, but I was having a moment, and just needed to type something grizzly... So, it doesn't really fit into the RP much, of course - it was mostly just for me. XD You know how I am... *Giggles*
Anyway, if you can't make the length, don't worry about it... You know I've had those moments as well. Wink Hehe! Just come up with what you can, and I'll try come up with a reply that will help you. I'm on holiday for a week now, so I might have some time to think! Wink Hehe! ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 am

“Well, that’s a nice image.” Leon commented with a faint chuckle. “But actually, I’m pretty sure she hated me. Mostly because she wrote it in lipstick on my bathroom mirror. Among other things…” He trailed off with a shrug, then decided to change the topic, partially because he felt bad about dragging Abby into his problems, but mostly because he had no intention of mentioning what ‘other things’ Britney’s little message had included…
“Ah, don’t worry about the money.” He said with a shrug. “I don’t need it anyway, and it’s not worth the Hell she’d cause.”
He was silent a while then – staring out of the window with a slightly calmer and more accepting expression than before. He listened to the soft purr of the engine as the limo cruised along toward the school. The CD he had been blasting before was still playing – but it was quieter now. Leon tapped his foot rhythmically in time with the beat, enjoying listening to his music. It was the first time in a while that he had actually heard it… Recently, it had caused him more suffering then comfort, and he had just stopped listening to it. But now, whatever the reason, he found he could cope with it again.

This world will never be what I expected
And if I don't belong who would have guessed it
I will not leave alone everything that I own
To make you feel like it's not too late, it's never too late

Even if I say it'll be alright
Still I hear you say you want to end your life
Now and again we try to just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it around 'cause it's not too late
It's never too late

((Figured it was time for some new lyrics, and I felt like quoting Three Days Grace… Hehe! You know how I love quoting lyrics. *Blinks innocently* ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:56 am

((Haha! good song I love you Oh wait, it's lightsaber? I honestly didn't know that XD Although I never was that interested in Star Wars o.0
Naww, it wasn't that bad, polo Smile I didn't notice any, to be honest.

Nah, it was fitting, alright Very Happy And although it didn't actually happen, it made the post very nice and dramatic. Dreameh luffs I love you))

"Nah, don't worry." I said as the music began to roar through the little speakers at each corner of the car. "I'll go easy on her. I'll just make sure you're not there to crumble at Miss Blondie's feet. It is too worth it, Leon. That money may have not seemed like much to you, but it was enough. She stole from you, and she conned you. I won't let her get away with it." I looked at him, a teasing sparkle in my eyes. "And if you don't want the money, then what the hey? I'm sure I can find some good use for it.
"Right, we need to think of some excuses for this whole 'kidnapping'. Either that, or I'm admitting to everything. Including the fact that it was my idea. You've been through enough today."
Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair and began humming along to the melody of the song. I was sure I'd heard it before...
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:23 am

"Abigail Johnston!" Leon exclaimed, aghast. "Are you taking pity on me?!" He clapped a hand over his mout to stifle an exaggerated gasp, and stared at her with a shocked expression.
He shook his head with a laugh, a playful grin lifting his lips.
"Gosh, it's good to have a friend again..." He murmured through a chuckle, raking his fingers through his hair. Unaware that he had spoken the words aloud, Leon merely shrugged them off and let a thoughtful expression steal over his face.
"As for the kidnapping... I suppose we do need to come up with soem sort of motives, don't we...?" Gnawing his lip thoughtfully, Leon considered this a while.
"I suppose we could say it was some sort of publicity stunt? I think the press would buy it. Otherwise... Gosh, I don't know. But I'm not having you admit to anything. And on that note, I'm not having you facing Brit's claws, either. You've done enough."
He nodded firmly, then turned his head and took to staring out of the window once more.

In the background, the next song began playing quietly from the speakers.

You're worth so much
It'll never be enough to see what you have to give
How beautiful you are
Yet seem so far from everything you're wanting to be
Wanting to be

Tears falling down again
Tears falling down

You fall to your knees
You beg, you plead
Can I be somebody else for all the times I hate myself?
Your failures devour your heart in every hour
You're drowning in your imperfection

((Haha! Good old Star Wars. My brother loved it when I was a kid, so I know a little about it... Razz Hehe!

*Coughs* It was bad. BAD! XD My one on the long RP was okay, though. Smile *Smiles*

*Grins* YAY! XD Can't live without drama... As long as Dreameh doesn't mind, Polo is happy.
Polo has an addiction to violence and lyric quoting, after all... Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:12 pm

At his attempt to look horrified I just had to laugh. My face split into a wide, amused grin and I had to bite my lip to stop from giggling. Pressing my lips together I looked down at my hands, that were knotted untidily together, intertwining themselves with the bottom of my shirt. "Pitying you? Well, if it really annoys you, then maybe I am." I scrunched my eyes closed and stuck out my tongue at him playfully, then my expression sank as he mentioned me being his friend.
Come to think of it, he had to be my first 'guy' friend in a long time...
All the others had ego's the size of ruddy Jupiter, and made me always want to punch their faces in...
Although admittedly, so did Leon. But at least he had reason to act how he did, even if it was stupid and a little over-thought.
"Publicity stunt, huh?" I asked, scratching my head thoguhtfully. "Okay, it could work. But honestly, if it doesn't then I'm confessing."
Then maybe the story would get to Peach, and she'd want to know me again. Maybe even tell me who my father is...
Feeling slightly sick, I looked up at the driver. What wa his name, again? 'Jeeves'? "Okay, enough of this heavy metal crap. It's making me depressed." I muttered with a quiet chuckle, trying to push away the fact that it was, in fact, putting me down. Although I had a better reason to want to listen to something else. "Er, Jeeves? Could you put on this week's Top 40, please? Or, if possible, Million Dollar Bill?" (That would be Whitney Housten's 'Million Dollar Bill' Wink)
For some stupid reason, maybe hearing her voice would be reassuring. Maybe it would be like having her talking to me, in a way. Whatever. I needed to listen to her again.

((Hmmm... I may be wrong to say this block has been attacked by my superhuman brain cells... But I still can't think for a reply for our long RP. Stupid brain cells. WORK!! Mad

Haha! So did mine. they both still watch it, now. I think... But it's one of those films I can't be bothered with o.0 Like Lord Of The Rings. Ever since my mum had a go at my Downsyndrome auntie for sitting me down and making me watch the first half hour at 9 years old put me off a little Razz

Nah, it was good Smile And yes, you did a good job with that post. I'm goign to struggle to beat it... cyclops Haha! If you want to quote some lyrics, quote Million Dollar Bill. It's slightly dodgy for sweet innocent-minded Dreameh in the chorus, but it's not too bad a song Wink))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:36 pm

Leon shrugged vaguely, and turned his attention back to the window. The adrenaline from his 'big shock' had finally started wearing off, and he just realised now how much all the drama had drained him. He felt utterly exhausted...
From a distance, he heard Abby talking to Jeeves, asking him to change the music. Leon didn't object, though for some reason he found that it bothered him - just a little - that Abby didn't like his music. Or rather - that she couldn't even stand listening to it. He had originally thought that he didn't care, but it seemed he was to surprise himself.
Oh well...
He yawned, disregarding his thoughts, and returning his attention to the conversation.
"Right you are, Miss." Jeeves replied politely, and began scratching through all of Leon's CDs again for the song Abby had requested. Finally, he found it, and the lyrics began rolling from the speakers.

Oh oh oh yeah
Ooh oh ooh oh oh

Came in the door
Checked in my coat
And who I'm looking for
Is staring in my face

They played our song
We hit the floor
He held me strong
And we danced the night away

Of course, Leon didn't like the song much. It was far too happy and bouncy... But he said nothing. He didn't have much to say, actually. For once...
Feeling utterly exhausted, Leon leaned against the window - and to his horror, his eyes began growing heavy. He couldn't just fall asleep in the car like a little kid! How embarrassing!
Yet still... He grew sleepier.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:02 pm

((Oooh, that's a very fitting chunk of the song, Polo Razz))

"Thanks." I muttered, glancing aimlessly as my mother's cheerful vibrato voice danced over the melody, accompanied with the backing vocalists in the background. The band played their hearts out just like they did back in the eighties and nineties. I had to bite my lip to stop from crying.
Who did you write this song for, Peach? I thought bitterly. Was it for my dad, or did you want us to believe it was for your husband? Well you can't fool me. I know you... You didn't love either of them, did you?
I sniffed, wound the window a little further down and let the cooling wind waft through the back seats.
Where are you, now? Are you thinking about me? Or have you completely forgotten I exist? I wouldn't have put it past her. Where is my dad? Do you know who he is? Do you even know his name?
Furious tears began to roll hesitantly down my cheeks. I knew I'd put this on myself, but I didn't really care. I might as well have got rid of the emotion before we reached the school and got bombarded by the media again.
Where are you now, Mum? What you do in this situation? Swallow you're pride and take whatever they throw at you, or yell and scream to your heart's content?
I turned my head slightly to see Leon's eyes drooping and his head sinking tiredly as the song reached it's climax point. I sniffed once more, then looked back out the window, my eyes glistening with yet more tears. "For goodness' sake, Leon." I mumbled croakily. "I know this music seems boring to you, and I know it's not you singing. But you don't have to be so damn dramatic." I swallowed, all hints of amusement gone from my face. i wasn't in the mood for jokes anymore. I just wanetd to go back to my dorm and cry. In fact, what I wanted at that point was a piano. A piano, and no audience. No critics, no media. No Leon. Just me and my piano in a small, claustrophobic room. I needed a chance to get my feelings out my way.
Hurry up... I begged silently. Please...
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:22 pm

"Huh?" Leon jerked awake as Abby's words reached his ears, and he blinked at her in groggy confusion - shocked to see the tears rolling down her cheeks.
What the...?
"No, I wasn't-" Leon began objecting, but then he stopped himself. They'd be back at the school soon anyway, right? This was perfect. Let her get angry now. Let her hate him. That was what he wanted... Right?
Wrong. Truthfully, he knew he had come to rely on Abby's friendship - if that was what it was - far more than he had expected. But then, what was he to do...? What was more important?
He had reached the point now where he had to make a decision: Did he want to bring Abby closer, or did he want to push her away...? He just couldn't decide.
But, when he looked again at the tears rolling down her cheeks, he realised that his decision had already been made for him.

Forcing his exhaustion aside, Leon leaned over, and gently lifted Abby's chin with his fingers.
"Hey." He said quietly, "Your face is leaking." He offered a tentative smile, then took a tissue from his pocket and offered it to her.
After that, he simply sat back and left Abby alone. If he knew her at all, then he knew that she would not want his pity. She wouldn't want to be asked 'what's wrong'. Unless, of course, he had misjudged her. It would not have been the first time.
"You know, there's this one great band that I think you'll like..." Leon said casually, leaning over into the front seat and scrabbling around for the CD. He put it into the player - ignoring the glares that Jeeves shot him - and flicked to one of his favourite songs.
"Believe, by Yellowcard." Leon explained breathlessly as he slumped back in his seat, and the song began to play.

((Dreameh should know this song. Razz ))

"Everything is gonna be alright
Everything is gonna be alright
Everything is gonna be alright
Be strong, believe."

Jeeves, who thankfully had some tact, began driving a little faster. "Not long left now, Master Leon." He announced politely.
Leon nodded, then slumped back in his seat again - listening to the bouncy melody of Yellowcard and trying hard not to fall asleep again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm

((Dreameh does not know that song, but Dreameh will make sure she does in the next two minutes Wink)

I stared blankly down at the tissue being offered to me, at first so upset to care what it was for. Why was Leon handing me a-
Oh.
Oh...
I accepted it with a weak curve of my lips and dabbed my eyes lightly, hoping to my heart that it would absorb enough tears to get them to stop from cascading down my face.
It didn't.
'Your face is leaking.' It was a stupid thing to say, and the dumn tone Leon used to say it in reminded me too much like the jocks back at the school. But I didn't care. Out of all the things he could have said, that was probably the best. I managed a smile.
When Leon requested a song for me to listen to, I admittedly was somewhat dreading what he would come up with. I wasn't really in the biggest 'happy music' mood, especially after listening to Peach sing for the first time in a while. But I let him play the song.
I listened.
Immediately, my smile broadened. Usually I didn't much like overly upbeat songs, but as soon as it started I began nodding my head lightly to the beat. "Yellowcard, hm?" I asked, still sounding slightly gruff from the frog in my throat. I looked at Leon curiously, noticing that it wasn't actually his boredom that he was yawning from. He was really tired.
So was I, come to think of it...
"You know, for an asshole, you really do know how to make a girl feel better." I muttered, scrunching the tissue up in my palm. "If only you did it more often..."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:18 am

Leon glanced drowsily at Abby as she spoke, and as he noticed how much happier she was looking, he felt a smile lift his own lips. An earnest one... It really made him happy, to see her happy...
Shrugging aside his thoughts, Leon let one corner of his mouth lift into a crooked smile, before replying to Abby's words.
"You know, for a girl, you hardly get upset enough to give me a chance." He offered a playful wink, then sank back into his seat again with a grin on his face. "But yeah..." He murmured, his lips slowly lowering into a neutral line as thoughtfulness struck him. "It would be nice if I did it more often, huh...?" He glanced down, gnawing his lip, and quietly added, "I like who I am with you. I didn't know that this part of me was still... Alive."
You killed what was left of the good in me...
The lyrics trickled through his mind, and Leon felt his lips lift just a little.
Not all of it. He thought with a smug sort of pride. You didn't break me after all, Brit.
Glancing out of the window, Leon noticed that the scenery was becoming more familiar. They were almost back... It was time to wake up from this dream, and revert back to his life from before. The one he had gradually come to despise, as he had learned how much better things could be.

Find somebody to learn
Boy, you gotta love someone more than yourself
I can feel the fire of the city lights burn
And it's hard to find Angels in Hell

Flying along
And I
Feel like I don't belong
And I
Can't tell right from the wrong
And why have I been here so long?

In a city of devils we live
A city of devils we live

The next song played in the background - reverberating in the back of Leon's thoughts. And he found, strangely, that he could relate. A sigh escaped his lips - and with it - some thoughts that he hadn't planned to speak.
"What should I do when we're back...? Where do I go from here?"
I just don't know. I just don't know any more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:19 am

((Song Lyrics You must listen to it, too! Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:02 am

((Oooh, good song I love you))

My eyes narrowed, but my lips sooned formed a playful grin on my face. "God..." I shook my head in amusement, looking back out the window. "I hate you sometimes, d'you know that?" My smile broadened. "You barely give me a chance to get upset before you start being a goof and making me smile again."
I cocked my head in a pondering fashion for a moment, just as the words 'I didn't know that this part of me was still alive' finally sank in. I looked at him, the smile sinking to a thoughtful frown. He was talking as if he would never be that person again. Frustration simmered inside me. Why had he given up hope so soon? "You know, Leon, you don't actually have to act so idiotic. You don't have to make people hate you. There are loads of people who pass that know it's coming, and they don't spend whatever time that's left being total asses for the sake of being hated. There'll always be someone who'll care about you, because noone - no matter how hard they may try - can be hated to the core by everyone who passes them by. There'll always be someone who'll care about you... And I honestly - hand on heart -" I pressed my hand on my chest to demonstrate, "do not see how that could be a bad thing. It's a privalige(sp?) and you can't just throw it away."
I looked down at my hands. A privalige... It had taken me several years to find that one out. To even want to look around at all the people that were only doing what they were doing to help me, and all I'd done was blank them. Make the most of it while you can, because those who care might not want to before too much longer, if you're not careful.
"And when we get back?" I sighed. "When we get back, you can make as much havoc as you want, but I just want you to go to the school and meet me in Mr Oakworth's office. Be patient, I may be a while out there."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next