Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts)

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts) Empty Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:08 pm

TO VIEW OLDER POSTS, CLICK HERE: Link

"You shoulda seen me in my prime!" Leon retorted with a grin, "I could totally hold my own against Jes! Well... Kinda." He smirked stupidly, shaking his head. "Besides, nobody can beat Jesse."
He said this with a spark of pride for his friend - though he scoffed and rolled his eyes as though it was a joke.
Despite the evidence to the contrary, Leon and Jesse were actually rather close - and he was fond of his violent friend. Even if Jes could get a little rough sometimes, Leon would not have him any other way.

Abby distracted him from his thoughts then with her teasing, and he stuck his tongue out in response to her patronising expression.
Treat me like a child, and I'll act like one. His impish grin threatened.
It didn't last long, however, for the next moment Abby was tickling his knee again, and he dissolved into a pointless lump of laughter. "Okay, truce, truce!" He gasped, making a time out sign with his hands. He took a moment to catch his breath, then made a growling noise in his throat, and tackled Abby. He pinned her to the bed, one arm on either side of her, and a feral grin on his face.
"What you gonna do now?" He teased deviously, "I've got you."
He lowered himself down to give her a brief peck on the lips, then pulled back just enough to display that irresistably cheeky smirk of his.

He had to admit, though, he was getting tired rather quickly... So much for taking it easy after coming out of the coma... He felt like a tired, sore old lady.

Last edited by Polo the Mourner on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts) Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts)

Post  Dreambug Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:23 pm

I made a strange squeaky noise that sounded much as if the noise was so high my voice box couldn't actually make it, as it was out of my range. I giggled, squeaked again and rolled onto my back as Leon wrestled with me and I landed in a heap, staring up at him with a cheeky grin. “Alright... Alright! I surrender!” I raised my hands to prove it, just as he lowered himself down and planted a kiss on my lips like I had done minutes before. My grin broadened when he backed away, and I had to bite my lip to keep from giggling myself into a coughing fit all over him. Then my wide, glistening eyes stared up at his beautiful face, and some song lyrics came to mind.
When I see your face there's not a thing that I would not change, 'cause you're amazing just the way you are...
I pushed myself up onto my elbows and kissed him again, just because my lips were itching for it, like they had minds of their own. They kissed him again and again, short, sharp kisses on his lips and face, and each time they grew into a bigger and bigger smile. I couldn't help it.
Your lips, your lips, I could kiss them all day if you'd let me...
I pulled back momentarily to study his face, and for the first time in a while I realised how tired he looked. Beneath his eyes laid sunken, shadowed bags and his gaze was somewhat lazy-looking. Bless him... He must have been shattered.
I raised a hand and placed it on his cheek, running my thumb over his tired eye. “You look shattered.” I whispered with a soft smile, then ironically, I yawned. “And apparently, I am too.”
I sat up on the pillow, crossed my legs and holding my feet, rocking back and forth like little toddler. “Have a lie down, and I'll get on with cleaning this place up. I don't think the maids would like us much if they were left to do it.” I leant forward and kissed his cheek. “I'll give you a couple of hours, then we're going downstairs for dinner, 'kay?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts) Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:45 pm

"Nah." He yawned, mouth stretching so wide that it displayed his tonsils for a moment, "You're right, I'm exhausted, and I don't think I could eat yet." He pulled a face, "Besides, once I'm out, good luck waking me up." He winked, and planted a big, wet kiss on Abby's lips.
"And seriously, Babe, it's clean enough. Leave room service to do the rest." He rolled his eyes, "Sweet as you are, we pay people for a reason, y'know?" He ruffled her hair, then yawned again, and kicked his shoes off.
"f**k, I sound like such a douche, don't I?" He laughed, shaking his head. "You're probably right, I'll help you clean this mess up - since it's mostly my fault, y'know... Then I'll be out like a light. Apparently sleeping for a week takes a lot out of a guy..." He chuckled to himself, then shrugged and hopped to his feet.

((Sorry, dead muse. XD Skip to next day, unless you have something else planned? Wanna bring the band in. Smile ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:17 pm

((Don't worry, I'm multi tasking. ^_^ Drawn the most adorable picky of a couple kissing. *innocent smile* It's so cute, they're holding hands. I love you Okay, we'll skip to the next day. I'm really looking forward to the guys' reactions. Razz))

I awoke some time around late morning, seeing how bright it was outside. I stretched, yawned, and rolled lazily over to face Leon. He, being the awkward bugger that he was, was also facing in the other direction, his hair crawling over my face and tickling my nose. I glared at the back of his head as if that would wake him up, but to no avail.
Grumbling, I sat up, leant over, and kissed his ear. "Leon, wake up."
Nothing.
I prodded him in the back.
Still nothing.
Annoyed, I glanced around the room for inspiration of what to do next, when my eyes caught sight of the bowl Leon had vomited in a week ago. Thankfully, it was clean now, and I had an idea.
My lips tweaked into a devious, plotting grin. I leant down to Leon once more and whispered evilly in his ear. "You know what you said yesterday about how it'd take a lot of luck for me to wake you up? Well, actually, I don't need luck at all. In fact, all I need is a bowl and a lot of very cold, very very cold water..."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:38 am

((Aaaaw, I must see! Very Happy Very Happy *Tackles*
And yes, I'm looking forward to it, too. Wink Hopefully that will get my head in the game... Because my head is NOT in the game, Dude. Not in the game. XD ))

"Eh?" Leon grunted, jerking awake at the mere mention of cold water. He shuddered at the thought, and flipped over to glare at Abby. "Oi!" He scolded, "Do you want to give me a heart attack? Water, water, water - can't you come up with a kinder plan?" His glare cracked into a smile, and he shook his head in amusement, aiming a weak, awkward kick at Abby.
He yawned, then rolled over again to check the time on the little alarm clock beside his bed.
"Shoot, it's ten already!" He exclaimed, darting out of bed so quickly it looked like Abby had thrown cold water over him.
"And I went to sleep in my clothes again..." He mused, glancing over himself, "Ah well..."
He scurried across the room, and busied himself with finding an outfit for the day. This took a while, since he wanted to look good if he was to appear before the band with bad news... Besides, with Jesse's reaction, there was a strong chance that he wouldn't live to see another day - and at least then he'd go out in style.
Rolling his eyes at his thoughts, Leon rocketed over to the shower and emerged no less than 45 minutes later - appropriately clean and styled for the occasion.
"Abby!" He called, not even paying attention to where she was, "Get ready quickly - we've got to go!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:34 am

((Dude, you and me both. -_-))

“What d'you think I've been doing for the last three quarters of an hour?” I asked, bobbing up from behind the bed as I pulled up the chair he'd kicked over the day before. I was totally dressed, wearing boyfriend cu,patchy jeans and a baggy, chocolate brown top with a cowboy-styled belt around my waist. My hair was pulled into a messy pony tail and I had a tiny speck of foundation on and had darkened my eyelashes with some brown shaded mascara.
I wandered around and picked up the larger china pot sections, placing them delicately in my hand, then dropping them into the tiny bin beside the bed.
“I'm ready as I'll ever be.” I said, giving him a nervous smile. “What about you? Are you ready?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:12 am

"I'll never be ready." Leon responded with a shrug, "But whatever, let's go." He smiled at her, chucking an arm around her shoulders and pecking her cheek. "You look pretty." He whispered playfully, lips brushing softly against her ear.
Instead of ruffling her hair, he elbowed her in the ribs, flashing a grin as he opened the door and stepped out into the corridor.
Sure, he was acting like nothing was wrong - but in reality, this was one of the biggest moments of his entire life - and not in a good way. He felt sick to his stomach... Only denial was keeping him going now. He just kept telling himself it would all be okay... If he didn't, there was no way in Hell he'd go through with this.

One short cab ride later, Leon and Abby arrived outside a recording studio in the middle of Rome. Obviously Leon had organised it, somehow – or else he’d contacted his agent to do it. Whatever the case, it was done, and the band had it booked for the day – to practise and record as they saw fit…
Or, Leon thought with a grimace, to make use of the soundproof walls for the shouting match of the century.
With a sigh, he helped Abby out of the car, and lead her to the door – keeping his head down just in case reporters were lingering nearby.
“Well…” He whispered, squeezing her hand weakly. “It’s now or never. Wish me luck, Babe.”
He smiled softly at her, and wrapped his arm around her shoulders – just in case Jesse really did kill him, and this was the last intimate moment he’d get to spend with her…
Then, shaking aside his dismal thoughts, he pushed the door open.

The band had already gathered inside the studio. Jesse was tuning his bass guitar – Slade was tapping at the drumset absentmindedly, and Kate was painting her nails in a corner.
They all looked oddly normal, considering they were in Rome, about to hear some of the most shocking news any had heard in a while – perhaps ever.
Jesse had dyed his hair black with dark, red streaks – and gelled it up into the sort of style that made him look as though he’d just stepped out of a hurricane. Slade was practically drowning in eyeliner, making him look like a dismal Goth clown, though in a way that clearly suited him. Only Kate didn’t fit the ‘rockstar’ stamp, with her tight, low-cut yellow T-shirt, and styled blonde hair. She looked ready to hit the shopping malls, especially once she started fanning her baby pink nails.
Well… Leon reasoned with a gulp, At least one person doesn’t look ready to stab something.
He sighed, and slowly stepped into the room.
The band stood as one, all grinning, and rushed forward to meet him. They chatted and laughed, and Leon played along casually for a while – though it was all white noise to him. His mind was elsewhere.
“By the way, man.” Jesse said finally, jerking him out of his reverie, “Just how hungover are you? You look like crap.”
“Worse.” Slade pointed out helpfully. “If crap made a crap, and then an elephant stepped on it – that’s how bad you look.”
Slade grinned stupidly, and held out a fist for Jesse to bump – but the older boy merely shook his head in disbelieving disappointment. “I’m not bumping that. That was bad Salde, sheesh…”
Leon just laughed and rolled his eyes, which caused Jesse to cock an eyebrow questioningly. It was unlike Leon not to get defensive when teased. Something was up.
“So what’s the deal, man?” He asked, smiling slightly and clapping his friend on the shoulder. “I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining – but what made you suddenly decide to drag us all out to Rome? We could just as easily have done a tour at home when you got back. It would probably have been more successful.” He shrugged, “Come on, what’s the plan, spill it.”
Kate and Slade gathered around, and all waited expectantly to hear what great plan their leader had come up with. Leon smiled awkwardly at them, and scratched his head with some nervousness.
How was he supposed to do this…? He didn’t even know where to start…
“Um, actually…” He began, scratching his head awkwardly, “I have something to tell you guys…”
He fell silent then, biting his lip, and glanced helplessly toward Abby. He stared pleadingly at her, shrugging in what might have been desperation. He had no idea how to start…
Help me! He mouthed silently, trying hard to ignore the curious stares of his friends.

((Sorry, didn’t want to make it too long… So you won’t have all that much to reply to… SORRY! D: *Dies* But I’ll finish it off in my next post. Wink ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:18 am

It took a few cheap jokes, a few laughs, and a few comments about how bad Leon looked for me to realise he wasn't going straight into it, whether this was because he was putting off or he thought it was simply the wrong time, I don't know. But I let them get on with it and sat down on a tiny, plastic chair beside Jesse's bass guitar, admiring it thoughtfully. It was a fiery red with a black body, and dark red flames around the edge of the body. The strings were made of a thick, shimmering silver wire, almost too big for my fingers to cover, never mind press. Jesse had to have pretty strong fingers to play it, which I didn't doubt. It was definitely a respectable instrument, put it that way.
I wondered whether he would want to play it when Leon had broken the news to them...
With this in mind, I cleared my throat and shifted away, trying to amuse myself before the screaming began. But the recording room wasn't like the one back at home, everything was in order. So there wasn't much to admire myself with, other than Slade's drum kit and Kate's guitar – although I had a feeling she'd want to hurt me if I went anywhere near it, so I wisely avoided it.
I have something to tell you guys…
That was my cue. I arose from my seat and stood awkwardly beside him, looking at the ground for a moment, slipping my hands in and out of my pockets, unsure of what to do with myself. What were you to do, when your fiancée was about to tell his best friends that he was dying?
Biting my lip, I held his hand and squeezed it tightly, he'd need it.
I was thrown when he asked me for help, and my eyes widened slightly, darting around the curious faces that stared at me intently. I looked down awkwardly, feeling their gazes burn into the top of my skull. I'd not been ready for this.
Why, Leon? Why do I have to tell them? This is your news, your life, not mine...
I cleared my throat, concluding to myself that I wouldn't tell them the whole thing, but Leon obviously needed a starting point, which I could give him.
“There's a reason Leon gave up his career...” I began, inhaling deeply, then continuing hesitantly. “There was a reason why he quit the band, and it wasn't because he was mourning over Britney. He's also been going to the hospital a lot, lately. You might have noticed a few times that he's not been well.”
I kept using understatements, making it sound not quite as bad as it really was. I hated myself for it.
“He's spent a lot of time here in hospital, too, because he got hit by a car last week and... Well, it wrecked him more than it should have done. The doctors didn't know why, and Vick – the doctor – told him he, too, couldn't understand it.”
I was babbling. I knew I was babbling.
But the truth was, I didn't know how to approach it. I didn't know what 'breaking it to them gently' was, especially when we were talking about death. But what could I do?
“The truth is, he wasn't reacting to the medication as quickly because Britney... Gave him something.”
I closed my eyes and squeezed Leon's hand. Tell them, Leon. I've told them enough. It's your turn.
“Go on...” I whispered to him, still unable to look at the others.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:09 pm

The group listened blankly as Abby spoke, and Leon scuffed his toe awkwardly against the ground – eyes downcast. Eventually, Jesse had heard enough. “Abby, shut up.” He snapped, his voice sounding rather harsher than he’d intended, “If the wuss has something to say, let him say it himself.”
This time, his voice came out in a snarl, and he realized that he was shaking slightly as he glared at Leon, though whether it was from anger or fear, he was not sure. He noticed Slade nodding in agreement with him out of the corner of his eye, and his fists clenched tighter. Kate was wide-eyed and staring, fearful of what was to come.
He wasn’t sure how, but he sensed they’d all seen this coming…
“Well?” He barked, shoving Leon roughly in the shoulder when his friend continued to avoid his gaze. “What’s it gonna be, douchebag? Y’got something to tell us, or not? ‘Cause we’re waiting, man. Spill it.”
Leon swallowed and licked his lips, and when he still didn’t speak, Jesse lost his temper.
He didn’t know why he was so angry… Maybe he was just scared – but something pulled his fist to Leon’s face like a magnetic force.
Leon yelped and ducked at the last moment, then straightened and glared at Jesse.
“What the Hell, man?!” He demanded, “Not the f***ing face!”
“Then SPEAK, you coward! What was Abby talking about? What’s all this, huh?”
He threw another punch, which Leon blocked with a grunt, before snapping back,
“I’m f***ing dying, okay?!”
“Yeah, you will be when I’m through with you!” Jesse snarled, delivering a harsh blow from his knee to Leon’s stomach.

For a moment, a flash of red obscured his vision, and Leon gasped as pain rocketed through him, finally coming to settle in his newly-healed rib.
He realized that he was kneeling – doubled over and clutching his midriff – though he had no recollection of having got there.
“No, you arsehole…” He grunted breathlessly, squinting hatefully up at Jesse from behind a haze of pain and stray hair combined. “I mean really dying.”
He took a shuddering breath, and slowly began to stand in the shocked silence that followed. He dared not look up at his friends.
“Jes, you know better than anyone that I had a weak immune system to start with. Then I caught this thing from Brit, and-“ He broke off, swallowing thickly, “It’s killing me. The Doc reckons I’ve got a couple of months left, tops – and that was before I managed to get myself hit by a f***ing car…” He uttered a snort of grim amusement, and finally looked up at Jesse.
He blanched.
Never before had he seen his friend look so angry… So hateful.
“You think this is funny?!” Jesse hissed, narrowing his eyes. “You think this is a f***ing joke?! Man, I always knew you were an ass – but this?! We’re your friends!” He gestured with his arms to include Slade, who was sitting motionless with his eyes downcast, and Kate – who was crying softly into Slade’s shoulder, her back shaking with the force of her sobs.
“You took this one too far.” Jesse growled, “Apologise.”
Leon smiled sadly, and whispered, “I wish it was that simple.”
“Why you little-!” Jesse launched at him with the force of a rocket, but Slade caught his arm at the last minute, and murmured in a hollow voice, “Jes, I think he’s serious.”
“To Hell he is!” Jesse exclaimed, the pitch of his voice climbing in what could have been panic of fury. “The bastard’s just messing with us!” He wheeled on Leon. “TELL THEM!” He roared, “TELL THEM NOW!”
“I wish I could, man…” Leon murmured softly, shrugging his shoulders just a little, and remaining painfully calm in the face of his friend’s anger.
“I’m gonna kill him!” Jesse panted, “I swear, I’m gonna tear his f***ing face off!”
Eventually, he wrestled free of Slade, and launched himself at Leon – who grunted and crumpled at the force of the collision.
For a moment there was a confusion of shouts, and the fleshy ‘thwack’ of several punches hitting home – then Slade had managed to pull the furious Jesse off Leon, leaving the latter curled on the ground, coughing and bleeding from the mouth.
“Jesse, you lunatic!” Kate shrieked through her tears, speaking for the first time, “You’ll kill him! Actually kill him!”
She rushed to Leon’s side, and began gently helping him up, despite his constant mutters of ‘I’m fine’.
“To Hell, I’ll kill ‘im!” Jesse snapped, pulling irritably out of Seth’s grasp. “If you guys want to fall for his sick prank, go ahead – but I for one am out of here.”
With that, he grabbed his guitar and stormed out – leaving Slade staring after him with something like pity – while Kate set Leon on his feet, and stood by to support him when his gaze followed his friend’s tense back out of the doors.
“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you guys.” Leon murmured, stepping away from Kate to include her and Slade in his speech. “I guess I just thought it would be… Easier, I don’t know.”
“Y’know, Leon…” Slade murmured softly, refusing to look at his friend, “I wouldn’t usually agree with Jesse, but he’s right. You are an arsehole. And a bloody idiot. We’re your friends, Mate. Don’t you think we deserve the opportunity to be there for you at a time like this? For f***’s sake, man…” He trailed off, voice shaking slightly, “You don’t have to take on the world alone…” He shook his head, setting his jaw and glaring at Leon. Unlike Jesse, Slade was clearly more hurt than angry. His knuckles were white from gripping his drumsticks so tightly, and his hands shook slightly at his sides.
Kate was crying again.
“I wanted to protect you… I figured if you didn’t know, and if you were really pissed at me…” Leon whispered half-heartedly, looking away, and blinking back the tears that threatened his eyes.
“Yeah?” Slade asked sarcastically, “And how did you figure that would work? D’you honestly think we’d have taken it any less hard if you’d randomly snuffed it with no logical explanation? Some plan, Dude.”
“Hey, I never said it was a good plan…” Leon objected, smiling weakly.
“You’re an idiot, you know that?”
Leon searched for the smile in Slade’s eyes, his voice, but found nothing. He was not yet forgiven…
There was silence a moment, then Kate piped up, “I understand, Leon…” She sniffed tearfully, “I think it was really b-brave of you…”
“Oh, shut it!” Slade snapped, flashing a glare at Kate, “Just for once, tell this loser what you really think! We’re all sick of your sucking up!” Kate gasped, but before she could start crying again, Slade added, “Come on – he drags us all the way to Rome just to tell us he’s been keeping something this important from us for the past half a year! You MUST be at least a little bit pissed off!”
The silence that followed was an awkward one, until finally Leon broke it with a wobbly, “I’m sorry.”
The silence that followed this was even more awkward than the first.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:52 pm

It had been the first time Jesse had ever spoken to me in the usual, angry voice he used when he was pissed off, and had we been in a different situation I probably would have smacked him. But this one time, I was glad he'd told me to shut up. I needed it.
And so, I let Leon tell them the news.
It wasn't the brightest way to break it to them, noticing Jesse's reaction, but there wasn't much choice in the matter. That guy was strong, and I'd realised quite early on that he had anger issues. But I didn't realise he'd be so violent, even if it was him. And I tried to stop him, really I did, but my feet did seem to want to move from their spot. Here I was, surrounded by three amazingly talented musicians, not to mention friendly people, all being shoved into a hole they shouldn't have had to face. Besides that, they'd all been really good friends before Leon even knew of my existence yet I'd found out much earlier than he'd even thought of telling his best friends. The fact made me feel horribly guilty.
What was even more upsetting was the fact that, despite being told several times the severity of it all, Jesse thought it was a joke. Evidently the two had made jokes with each other in the past, but Leon wasn't playing.
Leon was punched, kicked, screamed at several times in those few minutes, and what did I do? Diddly squat. I leant back on the wall, trembling, too scared, too – I don't even know. I felt too... What? Intrusive? I couldn't protect my own boyfriend from his mates because I felt too intrusive?
The problem was, I understood Jesse's anger. And everything that came to mind as a reaction only seemed to make it worse in my head.
What do I do? I thought angrily, at myself, mostly. The the hell do I do?
WHAM!
I closed my eyes and flinched as the door of the recording studio slammed shut. That was Jesse gone.

When I looked at Leon next, Kate had already helped him to his feet and he was continuing his speech to her and Slade. Feeling rather stupid, I backed away and sat down, resting my head in my hands with a sigh.
This was a disaster.
The whole reason why I was there was to support Leon, to hold his hand when he needed it most. Yet what was I doing? Sat on my backside half way across the room, away from the group, my eyes warm with tears. I couldn't do anything. Say anything. Anything I wanted to say would come out wrong.
Slade wasn't happy about it either. In fact, when Kate tried through her tears to tell Leon she thought he was brave, Slade snapped at her in a harshness I'd not even realised he owned. Yes, he enjoyed looking dark and gothic with his insanely thick eyeliner and long, black hair. But he was usually the sound one, the calm, quiet one that released his emotions through his music. I understood his emotions now, but it became such a shock I started to cringe.
Pathetic...
I didn't even hear Leon's apology, because then, I stood. My legs were shaky and my palms were sweaty from being clenched for so long, but I was ready. What the hell was I doing cowering? Leon needed me.
I grabbed the back of the plastic chair I had been sat on and placed it beside Leon. With the blows he'd just received from Jes he'd probably need it.
“Alright, guys.” I stood defensively beside Leon to keep from anyone else pouncing on him and his freshly healed ribs – I wouldn't have been surprised if Jesse had bruised or even re-broken any of them after his 'moment' – and raised a hand in a calm but firm 'stop' motion. “We don't want another one of Jes' outbreaks, okay? Because that really would kill him.”
I sighed, realised the majority of us was crying, and I suddenly felt amazingly dehydrated.
Drinks. Good idea.
“Hey, I'm gunna go see if there's a drinks machine around. Does anyone... Want anything...?” I trailed off uncertainly, realising how insensitive I was being. But what choice did I have?
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Leon swallowed thickly, squeezing Abby's hand and smiling gratefully at her. He seemed drained, and exhausted - but his eyes were dry. Somehow, he had kept himself together. It was miraculous, really... Even he didn't know where he'd found the courage.
"Thanks Abby." He murmured quietly, "I think that's a great idea."
Slade and Kate awkwardly mumbled their agreement, and as Abby left, the silence resumed.
"So, Leon..." Slade said at last, finally seeming ready to change the subject. Leon looked up at him hopefully, but his gaze remained hard, so Leon watched his feet instead.
"Did you call us all the way out here just to chat, or were you serious about this show?"
Kate looked up, letting go of the clumps of hair she had been tugging at, and gave Leon her full attention.
"I'm serious." Leon replied with a faint smile. "I want to give it one last swing. It'll be my last show, but I want to get the band back on top. That way, you guys could carry on without me..." He trailed off, clearing his throat awkwardly. Kate looked horrified, and Slade's expression made him look as though he had a particularly unpleasant smell under his nose.
"Before you say it," Leon went on, cutting Slade off before he could even begin to speak, "You guys are all talented musicians. With my reputation to fall back on, you can still get plenty of fame and fortune from this. Enough to last you a lifetime." His lips made a valiant attempt at a smile, "Didn't think I'd just leave you with nothing, did you?"
Finally, Slade mirrored his smile, and a mutual decision was made to forget the unpleasantness from a moment before.
"We'd better get started then, don't you think...?" He murmured in a hushed voice, raising an eyebrow at Leon. "Kate and I will try bring Jes around, and meet back here at half past impossible."
Leon smiled at the return of his friends humour - and after an awkward goodbye, the band split - leaving Leon standing alone in the big, oddly neat room.

The loneliness of it was so suffocating, that when he turned to follow Abby - he actually ran. Then, when he saw her, he didn't stop. Instead, he ran straight into her - tacking her into an embrace, and squeezing her tight - despite the awkward pain of the drink cans she was holding pressing against his ribs.
"Hey you." He whispered, starting to sway with her for no particular reason. "How're you holding up after all that, huh? Speak to me." He set his hands on her shoulders, then tweaked her nose playfully. He looked stressed, and utterly drained, but clearly happy to let it all go for a while and just mess around.
"Slade and Kate actually took it pretty well... Considering." Leon explained, staring into the distance with an uncharacteristically serious expression. "They've gone to try talk to Jesse." He added, sounding almost as if he might laugh, or cry. Even he wasn't sure which.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:48 am

Leaving that room was like walking out of a gas chamber. The minute I was out, I found myself suddenly able to breathe, and the weight of keeping everyone together was finally lifted on my shoulders. As long as Slade didn't start beating up Leon in the minutes I was away, which I highly doubted - although it was still likely – I'd be okay.
I reached the drinks machine and pulled out some loose change from my pocket, dropped it through the slot and stared at the window, wondering what sort of drinks the band preferred. Plain water? Milkshake? Soda water? Orangina? Appletizer? Ginger beer?
So many choices...
I finally decided on one of each, not really caring that that meant more drinks than people, and cupped them all in my arms, slowly edging the awkward waddle back towards the recording studio.
I could hear Leon running from a mile away, but unfortunately I didn't have the reflexes to think about putting all the drinks down, or maybe it was because if I dropped one they'd all go down, but I just stared at him, watching his pale figure grow larger and larger until he threw his arm around me. The impact caused me to drop them all anyway, so I just shrugged and hugged himback, wincing slightly as a can of Orange Tango bounced on my toe and rolled onto the floor.
“I'm fine.” I murmured, swaying with him involuntarily. “Glad I'm out of there, though.” I pulled away from him, wrapping my hands around his waist and leaning back slightly so I could look into his eyes. “More importantly, are you alright? Jesse beat you up pretty bad.”
I lifted his top, just slightly, to study his wounds. A bruise was forming around his stomach area about the size of a fist, but I remember it coming from Jesse's knee when he'd launched himself on Leon.
Sighing, I lowered his top again and looked back into his eyes, searching for any signs of upset. The whites of his eyes were slightly red, but that could have been a trick of the lighting. I wiped them anyway.
“And that's good news. I was worried Jesse was going to run away back to England, or worse, go break something and get arrested. I hear you can get fined for spitting on the street here.” (Note: I'm making this up Razz That is illegal somewhere... But I don't know where exactly.)
“Well done.” I said softly, pecking him lightly on the lips. “I can't imagine how hard that must have been, for any of you. But you did the right thing. Now...” I pulled away from him and scanned the floor for each of the drinks I had dropped. “Would you like overly fizzy ginger beer, soda water or,” I picked up a bottle of something, frowned thoughtfully at it for a moment, then showed it to him. “Banana milkshake? Hey, at least you won't have to shake it now, since I already did that for you when you made me drop them.” I grinned.

Last edited by Dreambug the noobface on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'spitting on thestreet' not 'sitting on the street' :P)
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:52 am

"I've been better." Leon replied, pulling a face, "But this was never going to be a tea party, let's face it..." He sighed, taking the milkshake from Abby and taking a slurp - then flopping down on a chair nearby. "Hope Jes is okay..." He mumbled, mostly to himself. "He took it pretty hard. I've never seen him like that before." He began squeezing the milkshake absentmindedly in his hand, and eventually thick, sticky banana milkshake shot out of the straw, splashing him in the face with a gooey yellow mask.
"Yuck!" He exclaimed, leaping up and mopping his face on his sleeve.
"Ah, man! Look at me! I'm all sticky!"
He wiped banana milkshake away from his eyes, then flicked it fussily from his fingers - an expression of amused disgust on his face.
"Abby, look what you did!" He teased, gesturing dramatically toward his sticky face. ((With milkshake, Dreameh, with milkshake. XD ))
He shrugged and licked his lips, then grabbed a cloth from a basin nearby and wet it at the tap. Lifting it to his face, he scrubbed vigorously until he was clean again, then rinsed the cloth and dumped it back in the basin.
"Well," He said, "We should see if the others are back..." At this, he pulled a face - clearly not keen to go back in there.
It had been a hard, hard day.
"Come on, then." He said at last, throwing an arm around Abby's shoulders and helping to harvest the fallen drinks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:22 am

((Pfft. I totally knew that. Razz))

I burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter at the look of the smelly, yellow liquid (DX) splashed all over Leon's face. Perhaps he should have chosen a less messy drink, like the water. But hey, water wouldn't have been half as amusing.
I sat on top of him, my backside hovering over his knees as he wiped the sticky mess off his face, and kissed him in the lips, transferring a huge blob of yellow milkshake onto my own lips, and I licked them with a thoughtful frown. “Nice... But I definitely prefer Appletizer.” I teased, wiping the remains from my own lips with the back of my hand, before getting up.
I let him clean himself up with the cloth, spending this time to pick up the remaining five drinks that were scattered over the floor, until he flung his arm around me, and I ended up dropping one.
“Thanks.” I said, shooting him a look then smiling.
I was extremely tempted to open the bottle of water and pour that over him, since he looked so clean now, but I knew then that it wasn't the time. His business with the band was still unfinished and I was just wasting time by playing with him like that.
Leon picked up the remaining drink and we began walking back to the recording studio.
“Don't worry about Jes.” I said softly, hovering close to him like he was my body warmth and we were somewhere deep in Antarctica at minus-thirty degrees. “If they can't persuade him, I'll have a go. He won't hit me, because he'll find out soon enough what happens if he does.” I shot him a devious grin.
We reached the door to the recording room in what felt like seconds, and I turned back to Leon, my eyes slightly worried. “You alright? Want a few more minutes?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:58 pm

((Dude. Behold the shortness... Only 2408 words... Wink ))

"Abby, NO!" Leon scolded, waggingly his finger at her, and almost dropping the can of cooldrink in the process. After a few panicked swipes, he finally caught it, fumbled awkardly for a moment, then managed to get it properly back in his grasp. "Gosh, I'm clumsy today!" He laughed, "But seriously Babe, don't poke the bear."
With a grin, he shook his head and elbowed her playfully in the side - evidently pleased just to be near Abby again. He was making the most of it... Because naturally, he did not want to go back out there.
As they reached the door, Abby turned to him, and asked softly “You alright? Want a few more minutes?” She looked at him with such concern that he couldn't help but smile, though he accompanied it with a sad shake of his head.
Abby knew him so well... He didn't know how he'd ever lived without her.
"Delaying it isn't going to help any." He pointed out with a shrug, "It's not like I'm going to become less of a wimp..."
With a faint chuckle, he pushed the door open.

Three heads shot up instantly as he entered, and Jesse, who had returned, actually got to his feet - eyes hard, and scowl deep.
"Leon." He said simply, speaking through clenched teeth, "You and me. Alone. Right now."
Leon pursed his lips, staring into Jesse's unreadable expression. He wasn't sure he could handle another of Jesse's beatings if there was nobody there to stop him... And if Jesse still wanted to beat the 'truth' out of him...
Oh well, he'd just have to trust his friend.
"I'll be right back." He murmured to Abby, balancing the drink he was holding on the top of the pile, then following after Jesse as he stepped into the small 'office' room next door.

"Abby, over here." Slade called with a tight smile, waving her over.
Kate stood and grabbed a few of the drinks from Abby to lessen her load, then tossed the still water to Slade, and took an Appletizer for herself. Her eyes were still red and puffy from crying, so she just sat down without a word, cracking open the drink and pouring it down her throat so fast that she began to hiccup. She felt so dehydrated from crying...
Another swig stopped the hiccups - and meanwhile, Slade had pulled up a chair beside him for Abby.
"So you knew all along, huh?" He asked, smiling tiredly. He didn't sound angry, just slightly disappointed - in Leon, not in Abby. "I'm surprised... I always knew he was a bit of a wimp, but I never took him as a coward..." He trailed off, frowning. "I don't know why he couldn't just tell us. I mean, what the Hell was he so scared of? Apart from Jesse, I mean." He laughed softly - making a weak attempt at lightening the mood.
"I hope those two are okay in there..." He added quietly, glancing toward the closed door on the opposite wall.

Meanwhile, Leon and Jesse had entered the office, and silence weighed heavily on both. Jesse stood with his back to Leon for a long while, until finally the latter could take it no longer.
"Are you going to say something?!" Leon snapped finally, glaring at his friend's back.
"Well you sure didn't!" Came the harsh retort, and suddenly, Leon understood the reason for Jesse's silence.
His voice was shaky and unstable - it was the closest to tears Leon had ever heard him. At least, not since they were both kids...
The realisation was so shocking that it left him breathless, worse than any punch.
"Why didn't you tell us?" He growled, spinning around - fists clenched at his sides, and teeth gritted. "Why didn't you tell me?" His voice dropped to a whisper, shaking again, and as his eyes began to water, he cursed and turned away.
At first, all Leon could do was stare. He had never seen Jesse like this... Of all the reactions he had imagined, this was the last one he had expected from his friend...
"Jesse, I-" He broke off, his own voice cracking instantly. He couldn't hold himself together in the face of Jesse's tears. Silently, he stepped forward - placing a hand on his friend's shoulder, and swallowing thickly. "Jes, I... I didn't know..."

"Didn't know WHAT, Leon?!" Jesse roared, spinning around and shoving him roughly backwards. "That I'm your friend? That I care about you?! Newsflash, Dude, you're my best mate! Have been for as long as I can f***ing remember! What did you expect me to do, just shrug and tell you to save a spot in Heaven for me? F**k, man!"
There was silence for a long while, then Leon smiled tentatively, and replied, "And if it's a really good spot...?"
Jesse laughed tearfully despite himself, shaking his head and turning back to Leon with a grudging smile. It was impossible to stay mad at that bastard when he put on that stupid, goofy face of his... He hated it.
"Shut up, Leon."
"Make me."
"What if I do?"
"You wouldn't dare."
"Yeah? Well maybe I will..."
Leon made a 'come' gesture with his hand, cocking one eyebrow upwards. With a growl, Jesse lunged forward and sunk a fist into his face for what must have been at least the third time that day. But before Leon could even stagger backwards, he found something supporting his shoulders.
Opening his eyes and blinking in surprise, he felt Jesse's strong arms wrapped tightly around him - and he awkwardly reached up to pat his friend's shaking shoulder.
"You're such an idiot..." Jesse whispered, and as he spoke, Leon felt specks of moisture trickling down his neck.
"What am I supposed to do without you?" Jesse choked, and Leon clutched him tighter, gritting his teeth and clenching fist fists around handfuls of Jesse's shirt as he felt tears spilling from his own eyes, streaming down his cheeks.
"I don’t want to lose you, you f***ing arsehole…”
Jesse was actually sobbing now, and Leon couldn’t help but join in – regardless of how pathetic he felt because of it. It was all he could do to keep from howling like a baby…
It reminded of when he’d first met Jesse…

((Flashback time. XD I give up – it’s going to be long and dramatic, so deal with it. Wink ))

The young Leon Hunter cowered in the corner of a dirty sandbox, tall shadows falling over his tearstained face from the crowd gathered around him. “Look at him cry!” One jeered, “Wah wah! Wittle baby gonna wun to his mommy?” The group guffawed stupidly, and Leon began to wail, covering his eyes with tiny fists. The bullies laughed, and kicked the crushed remains of his little sandcastle into his face. The sand got into his eyes, and when he started to cry even harder, the larger of the boys began to kick him.
After what felt like an eternity, a tough little voice squeaked, “Hey! Stop that!” The group spun around, and there stood little Jesse, red-faced and angry, with his rosy cheeks puffed up furiously. He was panting from running over, and his knees – just poking out under his shorts – were grazed and covered in band-aids – the equivalent of kiddie battlescars. Obviously, they marked him as a tough guy, because the bullies turned their attention to him now.
Jesse was a year older than the others – six years old, to be exact – and he was a great deal bigger and stronger. “Leave him alone!” Jesse demanded, “Or I’ll make you cry!” He stuck out his lower lips, and made threatening fists. This was enough for the bullies – they screamed at the tops of their little lungs, and ran away as fast as their legs could carry them – giggling and pushing each other as they enjoyed their new game.
Jesse, meanwhile, clambered into the sandbox and walked over to Leon. He leaned down and took his hand, then heaved him to his feet. “You can’t cry.” He informed him, perching his hands on his hips and glaring at the younger boy. Leon sniffed, hiccuped, and went silent – though he didn’t stop scrubbing at his wet, sandy eyes.
“You have to be tough, like me.” Jesse told him proudly, puffing up his chest and jabbing his thumb toward himself. “My Daddy says I’m a big boy, and big boys don’t cry. You should be a big boy too.” ((*Sings* “EEAAAT my buddy Pumba here, ‘cause he’s a big pig – you could be a big pig, too – hey!” XD … Lion King. <3 Not that I remember that song very well… *coughs*))
Leon nodded tearfully, and finally his little lips curved into a smile. “Th-thank you.” He hiccuped, staring up at Jesse with an aura of worship.
The older boy smirked, and shrugged casually. “I don’t like it when people call each other bad names.” He explained, standing in a Superman pose. “My friends used to say that Jesse’s a girl’s name, but I made them hurt. Nobody says bad things about me any more!” He grinned boastingly, and Leon responded with beaming admiration. “So what’s your name, kid?”
“I… I’m… Leonardo…” He replied softly, blushing at the use of his name.
Jesse stared at him in wide-eyed horror for a moment, then echoed uncertainly, “Leon- Leonar- Leon…” He faked a cough, then smiled and bragged, “Well, Leon, from now on – I’m going to look after you! I’m super strong, so you don’t have to worry about anybody bullying you any more!”

The flashback faded away, and Leon laughed softly at the memory. “Dude…” He muttered teasingly through his streaming tears. “I thought big boys didn’t cry…”
“I’m not crying!” Jesse snapped in response, clutching Leon tighter and scrunching up his face against the relentless tears. “I’ve just got something in my eye. You’re crying!”
“Whatever you say, Jes. Whatever you say.”
Jesse laughed weakly, then pulled away and wiped his eyes on his sleeve – finally managing to stem the flow of tears.
Leon swallowed the lump in his throat, and dried his own eyes – though rather less successfully than Jesse had.
“Tell me, Leon…” Jesse murmured quietly, looking up at his friend. “Is there no chance…?”
“No chance.” Leon replied firmly. “It’s game over, I’m afraid.”
“Then just carry on from the last save point.” Jesse retorted.
“Can’t… I couldn’t find the save button.”
“So restart.”
“My trial expired.”
“Buy the full version.”
“I’m broke.”
That’s a lie…”
This good-natured squabbling was followed by a long silence, until Jesse finally found the strength to ask the next of his ‘serious’ questions.
“How long?”
“There’s no way to be sure…” Leon murmured softly, shaking his head. “I’m surprised I’m still around now… Hell, even the Doc’s surprised…” He trailed off, scratching his chin thoughtfully. “I’ve been pretty lucky. Managed to get a new heart, which bought me some time… I might have another month – two, if I’m lucky… I mean, I don’t feel like I’m dying.” He smiled hopefully, but Jesse did not mirror his expression.
“Man…” He muttered, frowning, “This sucks.”
“Tell me about it.”
“How’d Abby take it?”
“She knew a while ago.”
Jesse merely nodded. He didn’t ask why Leon had told Abby and not him – he could understand why. They weren’t close at the time, and Leon had needed to talk. He had always been the sort of faggy guy to talk about all his feelings… Maybe that was the main reason that this whole thing had shocked him so much. Leon must have been really determined to keep this to himself for so long. It must have killed him…
Jesse clenched his fists on his friend’s behalf, swallowing thickly.
He could sort of see things from Leon’s point of view, now… And he had to admit, he felt a grudging respect for what his friend had tried to do. It was idiotic, but his intentions had been good. And he had really tried.
“Tell me, Leon, why you decided to tell us all now – was it-?”
“The press.” Leon filled in, and Jesse nodded knowingly.
“I wanted you to hear it from me…” Leon explained softly, rubbing absentmindedly at his bruised cheek.
“Thanks, Mate.” Jesse said finally.
Leon shook his head, and shot back, “Thank you.”
“For what?”
“Forgiving me.”
“It’s my job, ain’t it?”
Swallowing thickly, Leon smiled, and held out his hand to Jesse. The older boy slapped it away, and pulled Leon into a rough hug instead.
“Don’t you dare try take this on alone.” He growled, “I’m here for you now, arsehole. If anything happens, I want to be the first to know – and mark my words, I’ll be there.”
“I promise.” Leon replied, hugging him back.
He had never felt closer to Jesse than he did at that moment… It reminded him exactly why this boy was his first, and closest friend.
“I love you, man.” He added, grinning silently to himself.
“Woah! Dude, Timeout!” Jesse exclaimed, shoving Leon away, and retreating hastily, “Don’t get me infected with your gay germs! I’m outta here!”

With that, he burst confidently back into the room – his harsh expression defying anybody who dared comment on his red eyes. He walked straight to his guitar, picked it up, and snapped, “Well? Are we doing this, or are you guys just gonna sit around and mope all day? LEON, GET YOUR BLOODY ASS OUT HERE!”
Leon rolled his eyes, and followed after Jesse, smiling despite himself and shaking his head. “I’m here, I’m here.” He sighed, and glanced over the group – his eyes lingering a moment longer on Abby, and his lips twitching upwards just for her.
“Well, are you guys ready to start? There’s no time to lose.”
With that, he snatched a black leather folder off the counter, and flipped it open.
“Here’s what I’ve been working on.” He explained, dishing out scribbled pages of music and lyrics, then sitting down and waiting as the band began to read.
((Leon, when did you have time to write all those songs? More midnight excursions? Razz Haha!
Anyway, sorry, that’s not much to reply to – but feel free to use Slade and Kate as you see fit. Very Happy Meanwhile, I shall find a ‘playlist’ for Leon. XD FUN!!!!!
Hope you enjoyed that post. Very Happy It’s really… Uh… ‘Short’. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:15 pm

The immediate reaction of the three as we entered was not a good one, and the look in Jesse's eyes actually worried me, especially when he arose from his chair and said something through his teeth to Leon. I nearly threw myself in front of him, creating a protective shield to keep Jesse from sending any more potentially lethal punches towards Leon's middle. The last thing any of us needed, especially the band, after being told the news, was for Leon to drop dead in front of us all because that hot-tempered male couldn't control himself.
But I simply stood, struggling to hold onto the four bottles in my arms, and looking around the room nervously. What were the others thinking?
To my horror, although I understand why, Leon did as he was told and the two walked into another room, the door slammed closed behind them.
I let them go.
Abby, over here.
Defeated, I wandered over to Slade and Kate and willingly let them take what they wanted from my little pile,which left me with the soda water, Orangina and ginger beer.
Since Kate had taken the Appletizer, I took the Orangina and balanced the final two beside me, sitting myself down beside Slade. I thought nothing of it, of course, because he was being nice. It was Slade. He was always nice.
The conversation started with Slade and his comments on Leon, what he was so scared of, and how cowardly he was.
I'd had enough of it.
I followed his gaze to the door, wondering too what was going on. The room must have been another recording room, because Jesse and Leon could have been screaming at each other and we wouldn't have heard them. This thought made me uneasy.
“He's not a coward, not by a long shot.” I stated matter-of-factly,still gazing at the door, clasping the can of orangina in my fist, unaware that the metal was clicking and denting at my touch. “He's a bit of a wimp, yes, and I don't know why he didn't tell you guys sooner. But it doesn't make him a coward.”
I raised my eyes to Slade's – it was difficult finding them through his thick eye-liner, but I got there eventually. “You don't see him, Slade. None of you see him when he's at his worst. You don't see him when he's up in the middle of the night writing his will, shaking from the sobs he's been hiding, even from his parents, for so long. You don't see the fear in his eyes when he thinks about his future, the fact that he hasn't got one. You weren't there on that hill when...” I trailed off, my voice shaking slightly as I looked down at the beautiful engagement ring on my wedding finger, and traced the floral patterns delicately with my other hand. I didn't know what I'd do with it when Leon passed. Maybe I'd polish it and put it on one of those pot hands you could get to store your rings, and have it on show for everyone to see. Maybe I'd put it in a box and leave it to burry itself under clutter, like a fossil, never to be seen again. Or maybe I'd wear it, just to remind myself of every friggin' moment I'd ever had with him, the good, the bad, the day I first got it. Maybe, in ten or so years time, I'd look into those tiny diamonds and see his face, his young, perfect face, grinning stupidly at me. And maybe, just maybe, I'd find the strength, the will and happiness to smile back at him.
“He's facing death, Slade. Of course he's going to be scared. I know he tries to hide it, and sometimes I think I must be more scared than he is. But he's scared, alright. I would be, too, if I was in his position. But he keeps his head up and he keeps smiling, even when I'm crying into his chest. He jokes and he makes me feel better, even when I can feel him shaking. He looks Death right in the eye and...” I smiled; a small, warm, twitch of loving admiration. “And he tells him to f*** himself.
That, in my opinion, is pretty damned brave.”

Moments passed, I opened my Orangina, took a sip, concluded that I hated it, and threw it away. I just wasn't thirsty, and the bubbles violently burning my tongue weren't all that comforting, to be honest.
I hated this. Everything was so awkward, and it was making us all so emotional... Where was the fire? The passion for music? Where the hell was the music?!
Jesse stormed out, his eyes tinted red and I could imagine why, but instead of exiting the room altogether, he stepped right to his guitar, picked it up and hooked the strap around his shoulder.
I grinned. Not just grinned, I beamed uncontrollably. It was as if some scary voice-over guy had suddenly called in a low voice 'They're back' through a pair of deafening speakers and everything was back to normal. But not just normal, better than normal. Because now, we had nothing left to hide. We were all in it together.
I was too busy gaping at the brilliant sight ofo Jesse holding his guitar to even thinking about finding a piano, but at his orders, I quickly scrabbled off my seat, kicked the remaining two drinks to the side and found a keyboard from the store room, plugging it in, then standing by like a soldier awaiting orders.
Ready and waiting, sir!
as the music was passed around, a mixed feeling of anticipation and nerves fluttered about inside me like a little butterfly. I couldn't stand still. What if I couldn't play it? What if I started in the wrong key? What if I had a solo, and messed it up in front of them all?
What if...?
What if...?
What if...?

Sighing, I took my piece of music and stared at the familiar set of dots thoughtfully. Thanksfully, my part wasn't too difficult. A simple riff with a few chords, both broken and in unison, with a syncopated rhythm. There were a few changes in voice in places, but that would come with practice.
Placing the music on my stand, I turned to the others, who were all studying it like I had done. But I was done with studying. If I studied it for too long, I'd never stop.
“Right then,” I said, patting my thighs impatiently, my eyes shining. “Well I'm ready when you guys are.”
Bring it on!
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:50 pm

"Well, you heard the lady." Leon teased, smirking at Abby, "Get practising, morons."
Jesse prepared himself to begin, but Slade cut him off. "Dude." He said, waving a page of lyrics in Leon's face, "This sh*t is really depressing. Since when are we an emo band?"
Leon rolled his eyes, sighed, and responded, "Look man, we've got the publicity for this stuff, and frankly, it's pretty much all I've got on my mind right now, for some reason..." Jesse snorted in amusement at the sarcasm, and Leon flashed him a grateful glance. It must have been the first time, ever, that Jesse didn't have a negative comment.
"Look, it'll be awesome with the music, just trust me." Leon announced, grinning confidently, and grabbing his guitar.
"We'll start with this one." He announced, jabbing his finger at the song titled 'Still Breathing'.
"Jes, Kate, follow my lead." He said, and began strumming out the tune on his guitar. Jesse and Kate fell in, and after a few words of constructive criticism from Leon, both were playing their parts rather impressively.
Then, Leon moved on to Slade - shoving him off his seat, and taking up the drumsticks. He spun them in his fingers, then tapped at the drums experimentally, trying to get a feel for them. He hadn't played drums since the band had broken up - but thankfully, his talent was not lost.
He soon found the beat, his hands almost a blur as he demonstrated for Slade, looking up from time to time to offer words of explanation.
Slade nodded, then took back his seat, and mimicked what Leon had played - a frown of concentration on his face.
Next, Leon turned his attention to Abby, and pulled a face. "I'm crap with a keyboard." He admitted, shrugging, "But I trust you'll be able to get it on your own." He leaned over her shoulder, and pointed at the sheet music. "We pick up the tempo here, and here... And this is your solo, here. I'm sure it'll be no problem for you. And the rest of the time, just follow us. I know for a fact that you're great at that." He smiled, and ruffled her hair. "Take a moment to practise on your own, then we'll put it together and polish it up. We've got to get these songs done in record time..." He laughed, "I don't even know if it's possible, but whatever. Let's give it our best shot."
With an eager grin, like a naughty schoolboy, Leon grabbed his guitar, and quickly ran through his own part. The noise in the room was horrible - an untidy confusion of sound - but each individual player sounded amazing.

Once the practise was over, Leon counted the band down, and lead off confidently with the new song - his trained voice hitting nearly every note perfectly.

"Give me any reason to believe
'Cause I swear I'm done here
'Cause I've seen a bigger picture
And I'm looking for some answers

Tell me that it's worth it
'Cause I'm doing all I can to fight it
And I've never been this scared
And my moment's finally here

Time's racing (Please slow down)
I got to find my way out
I'm hopeless (But hoping)
My lungs won't fail me now
'Cause I'm still breathing

It's hard to be a man
But I'm doing all I can
I'm ready to give this all I have
I'm ready to be amazed
'Cause I'm standing here alone
Trying to make this life my own
And nothing will keep this heart from beating
I'm still breathing

Promise me some dignity
If I were to stand and die here
'Cause my heart is somewhere else
It's a pain I've never felt

Time's racing (Please slow down)
I got to find my way out
I'm hopeless (But hoping)
My lungs won't fail me now
'Cause I'm still breathing

It's hard to be a man
But I'm doing all I can
I'm ready to be amazed
Trying to make this life my own
I'm still breathing

Where do we all find love?
Where do we all find love?

It's hard to be a man
But I'm doing all I can
I'm ready to be amazed (I'm still breathing)
Trying to make this life my own (I'm still breathing)
I'm still breathing"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:25 pm

I nodded at Leon, deciding it was probably best that I just stuck to what was on the sheet music, because Leon was Leon, and I could always trust him to choose my part to 'make my own' because he had the melody in his head and not much else.
I'd watched him circle around the group, firstly organising the guitars, then the drum kit. I was actually positively surprised at how easily he could make them work as a group, it was obvious that they were professionals, through and through.
Besides that, the light in Leon's eyes, I'd only ever seen that light when we were singing together. His face was serious, but his eyes were glowing. His face was radiant, even when he wasn't smiling.
I couldn't help but love him. I really couldn't.
Once I'd got a general idea of the chord sequence, I was able to make out of it pretty much what I wanted. I was glad that I didn't have to be with the backing vocals though, because the frown on my face would not have sounded very pleasing alongside my rusty playing.

The song was definitely Leon's, because it had him written all of it. I could tell he'd put his heart and soul into writing it, trying desperately hard to show the world what it was really like to know you were dying months in advance. That he wasn't just some dude in a magazine, that his life was real, not just text on a page.

Several verses passed, a couple of choruses, then came my solo.

I gulped nervously, playing around with the riff of Jesse's bass and the melody of Leon's vocals, whilst trying extremely hard to play in time with the drums. It was so strange playing a rock song with a piano instrument. At first I was unsure whether it sounded right, but once I got into the swing, it wasn't too bad. Leon sang on top of me as I played, softly, so I could be heard, then the layers grew until the beat was as heavy as it could be and the guitars were taking the accompaniment again.
Another chorus. Slightly longer than the first few. It ended on one long note, spotless, replenishing, and I casually added a spread chord onto the end of the bar to let it drag on for a few more beats.
That song was... Brilliant. In a word. Absolutely brilliant.

“I like it.” I said simply, trying to sound as casual as possible. “I like it a lot.”
Understatement of the century, but I presumed they'd get over it.
“Actually, Mister, in the week you were... 'Out', had a lot of time to think. And write. Mostly write. And I came up with something, myself.”
I shuffled uncertainly, then hovered around the electric piano, making sure the sustained pedal was plugged in, then placing myself back in front of the keys, my hands resting over them hesitantly.
“You can join in, if you like, after the first verse. It's in G. Three-time.” I turned to Jesse, pulling a face. “And apologies, it's not like your usual stuff but this is for me, really. And Leon. It doesn't have to go onany of the albums if you don't want it to.”
Shut up. Play.
I scrunched my eyes closed, biting my tongue, then played the first chord in pianissimo, slowly, one for each beat.
Then, after clearing my throat a few times, I began to sing.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer...

I could see it, that recurring dream I'd had during the little sleep I'd had without Leon beside me that past week, that vision of us getting married. Me, in along, beautiful dress, Leon in a cream and chocolate tuxedo, his brown hair combed into what looked like a bed head, but would have taken hours to prepare before-hand, the vicar at the front, everyone's wonderful smiles. I walked towards Leon, my veil trailing behind me...

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer...

I reached his side, bouquet in my hands, my a strand of hair falling from my plaited hair down past my cheek. Leon softly brushed it away, his beautiful eyes glimmering, his lips morphed into that infamous smirk of his...

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more.

((Note: I'm meant to go into present tense here Wink ))

The vicar is talking, telling us to say our vows, but Leon goes deathly pale. He begins to tremble,shrink. The church, the isle, everyone disappears. And in seconds, Leon has fallen to his knees, onto his back, his cheeks sunken, his eyes closed. Then a beep.
A long, high beep. There are no breaks, no shakes, just a long beep.
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
The sound of the heart moniter. The sound of a dead heart.
I usually awoke at that point, either screaming, or crying, or both. But I hadn't told Leon about it because it was just another burden on his shoulders,and I was scared that one more tiny weight would send him crumbling down without any means of getting up again.

It took me a few moments to realised that I had stopped playing, my hands pressed on the keyboard, several clashing notes jammed together at once.
The room started spinning. Shrinking. The walls started moving.
“I-I'll be back in a minute.” I muttered, stepping away from the piano. “Just carry onto the next song, I'm alright. Just..”
Just that I'd gone horribly pale, and I could feel food I'd not eaten since the evening before churning around in my stomach.
I stole Slade's water without another word, and ran out of the room.

((Sorry, couldn't resist. :3 The jamming will continue afterwards, she just needs to have another 'moment' Razz ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:57 am

((It was very much needed! And I loved it so much. I love you Love that song (Even got Inkerz hooked. XD Haha!) And loved the post! Smile ))

Leon nodded at Abby's instructions, and readied his guitar. Jesse merely shrugged, yawned, and leaned back in the small wooden chair that he had claimed. "Don't look at me." He grumbled, "Leon's the boss. Anyway, let's hear it." He cracked an eye open to watch Abby, and the band listened silently as she began to play.
Once he had a feel for the music, Leon joined in with his guitar - just softly, in the background, afraid to mess something up.
The song was, after all, beautiful. Different to what he was used to, but... Beautiful.

He played only for a short while, until the lyrics began to sink in - then his fingers froze on the keys, and he was left staring with rapt attention at Abby's gorgeous face, the lyrics pouring smoothly from her lips.
She had written this song... For him. And it touched him deeply, like a feather-light embrace on his heart. Every word sent a pleasant, tingling warmth spreading through him - but somewhere deep down, he felt cold.
Never had the word 'bittersweet' been more appropriate. He could feel Abby's emotion in her voice - the happiness and sadness, the love and fear...
Had he not been standing before his band, he would probably have been crying.
Oh, Abby... What have I done to you...?
He swallowed thickly when she stopped playing - harshly, abruptly, with a horrible cacophany of brash notes - her fingers frozen on the keys mid-play.
Then, just as suddenly, Abby fled from the room with a few muttered words of excuse.
Leon stared after her for a moment, jaw clenched tightly. It was his fault that she was going through all this... If he had only kept his distance...
But then he remembered: Something he had heard once, he couldn't even remember where, just a few well-picked words that somehow made everything okay.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Yes... Their time together was worth all the pain it would bring. Screw guilt - he knew that even if they were to go back in time, Abby would not change a thing. He had felt it in that song, her love, and he knew that she was just as scared as him... In too deep, over her head...
With a heavy breath, he glanced toward the band, and muttered, "That's my cue. You guys keep practising." He flashed a quick smile, and the band responded with nods and mumbles of understanding as Leon followed quickly after Abby.

He caught her just outside the room - grabbing her shoulder and pulling her around to face him. He wasn't even sure what he had planned to say or do, but thankfully, the decision was made for him. Without a moment's thought, his fingers linked with hers, and he pulled her close. His lips met hers, and he kissed her with every fibre of his being. Desperate, loving and passionate - fearful and hurting - blissful and breathtaking, yet alive with fire. He put his every emotion into that kiss, and his arm around Abby's shoulders was strong and crushing as he pulled her ever closer.
For once, he would be something stable and reliable - somebody that she could lean on.
She had to understand - he needed her to understand - that he was there for her. That he would not just slip away at the blink of an eye...
He only wished he could promise her that...
"Abby..." He whispered softly, when he finally broke away, "You know if it's for you, I'll fight until my last breath." He brushed his thumb softly over her cheek - an automatic gesture, from all the times before when he had wiped away he tears - tears that he had caused.
"You're brave, you know." He informed her, lips twitching up into that smile that he knew she could never resist mirroring, "For staying with me, I mean. Until the end... I don't think many others would have done that." He shook his head, "And that's why I want you, and only you. I just..." He broke off, laughing awkwardly, and rubbing the back of his head - though his gelled hair just bounced back into shape immediately afterwards. "I dunno, I guess I want to thank you - because frankly, I don't think I could have got through this without you." He shook his head. "So just... Don't suffer so much, okay?"
Okay, well that was rather a stupid thing to say...
He shrugged, then gave her hand one last squeeze and turned away - finally releasing her fingers only when they slipped out of reach.
"I'll leave you in peace, now." He said, raising one hand in a backward wave. Funny... He didn't think he'd done that since the start. He'd been walking away from Abby a lot back then...
"Just wanted to let you know that the song was amazing - I loved it."
As he reached the door to the recording room, he glanced back and flashed her one last wink.

((Going to stop there, in case she wants to say something to him before he runs off back to the band. XD Just needed that casual little 'walk away' scene. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:01 pm

I didn't have time to say anything when Leon grabbed me, but I hadn't intended to anyway. After that song all words had left me, soon replaced by memories and fears that had haunted me for the past week. Whenever I closed my eyes I saw him: pale, nothing but skin and bones. Even after I'd woken up I'd still be able to hear the sound of that heart monitor, that never-ending beep, and I'd sneak into the hospital as early as possible just so I could hear the beep break. I'd stay there all day to make sure the beep kept breaking, kept beeping, just so I could remind myself that although he was in a coma, at least he was alive.
Now, however, he was far more than just alive.
All thoughts of vomiting disappeared when his lips met mine, and all thoughts of holding myself together evaporated from my mind. I didn't even wonder whether the band could see us through the window on the door or not. I just concentrated on him, enjoying having him so close to me, stronger than he was before. It probably wasn't even possible, he shouldn't have been stronger after a coma. But he was. I felt it.
I felt like we were on the top of a mountain. Invincible. Like it would take more than just the world to bring us down.
When he finally pulled away it felt like too soon, far too soon. So much so that I didn't even listen to him talking. I kept my eyes firmly closed, grabbed his shirt and yanked him back towards me. No way was I done with him yet.
But when he stroked my cheek - a simple gesture, but powerful nonetheless – I knew my heartbreak was pointless when he was beside me. The tenderness in his touch, the way he kissed like it was the last thing he'd ever do, always seemed to comfort me even when it shouldn't. I couldn't help it.
I really was hopelessly devoted to a dead man.
I sniffed and looked away from him, hating how he was smirking at me as if everything was fine. Everything was not fine, and it never would be. A week ago he had proposed to me, then he got hit by a car. I had nightmares every night afterwards, until the day he awoke, about our wedding day. I'd wake up crying, knowing fair well we were never going to have a wedding day, no honeymoon, no love-making in a quiet cabin somewhere (sorry, can't say she hasn't been thinking about that one Wink ). All because he was dying, and he wouldn't be around long enough for us to have one.
You're brave, you know. For staying with me, I mean. Until the end... I don't think many others would have done that. And that's why I want you, and only you. I just... I dunno, I guess I want to thank you - because frankly, I don't think I could have got through this without you.”
I wasn't brave. Why did everyone presume I was brave? Just because I'd gone through care as a rebel child, turned my life around and faced jackass bullies in high school. All that had done was make me fragile, and I had to hide that by looking like I could punch through a brick wall to keep from being bullied again. People did that all the time, didn't they?
So just... Don't suffer so much, okay?
Gee. Thanks for the advice, Leon.
Finally, I managed a smile. I picked up the water bottle,grabbed the top and lightly tapped it on his head playfully. “The day you stop dying and live until your a hundred will be the day I stop suffering.” I shot,my lips twitching a challenging grin. It was strange, saying something so deep, so sad, yet without a grave expression. Leon did this to me. It was another reason why I hated him.
When he let go of my fingers I didn't run after him again. Instead I shifted my weight to one side, watching him morph back into the cocky idiot I'd first seen him as. He said something about how he liked the song, then offered that back-hand wave he'd not given me since we first met.
Oh yeah, that had really been a moment of 'love at first sight'.
“Asshole...” I mumbled, my lips tweaking a smirk. Alright, I'd had my weak moment. I'd put the brave face back on for the band, because I knew they didn't want to see me like this, if not for my feelings for the fact that it was wasting time.
Every now and then it's alright to stumble when you had this much weight on your shoulders. It's alright to cry. But as long as you put a brave face on for as long as you can, you'll be fine.
I walked over him just before he could walk into the room, grabbed his shirt again and shoved him into the wall, being careful not to dig my knuckles in too hard.
“You have to say that. You're my fiancée.” I mused, emphasising the word in a dramatic English accent.
With that, I planted a final, wet kiss on his lips like I had done many times before, and released him from my grip. Winking back at him, I turned away and took a sip of water. “I won't be a minute.”

Right, Abby.
Breathe. For God's sake, breathe.
You need to be brave. You can't love when you're afraid. You can't do anything when you're afraid.

I paced from wall to wall, clasping the water close to my chest.
I'd stolen it from Slade, he might be a bit pissed with me if I didn't save him any.

Keep breathing. Just keep breathing.
Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing.
All you have to do is breathe...

I stopped pacing, almost hitting myself in the face. I was really starting to sound stupid, now. I was beginnign to sound like Dory from 'Finding Nemo'.
“Get ahold of yourself, girl.” I whispered furiously to myself, running my hand over my loose ponytail. Screw this.
With that, I grabbed the bobble and clip holding my hair up and yanked them both out of my hair, wincing slightly as several small hairs plucked themselves out of my scalp.
I stuffed the clip into my pocket along with the bobble, fluffed out my hair carelessly, then took another swig of water.
I will be brave. I am Abigail Johnston. I am always brave.
Sniffing away the tears that had been threatening to fall the entire time but never came, then slowly but surely made my way back into the room, tossing Slade his water, then placing myself back beside the piano.
“Sorry about that. Right then, what's next?” I asked, rubbing my hands together eagerly.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:00 pm

“I don’t have to say anything.” Leon shot back, smirking. “You’ve known what an asshole I am since you met me.”
He was about to grin, but before he could, Abby’s lips had met his – and he was forced to swallow his laughter.
Finally, she pulled away, and he took her wink as his dismissal. Smiling a nodding at her, Leon turned away, and strode back into the next room – automatically yelling at the band for ceasing their practice.
All except Kate, that is, who was still playing softly to herself in a corner… She was being awfully quiet, but Leon figured it was best to leave her to sort through her feelings on her own. When he really thought about it, he didn’t know Kate that well as a person. She had never really tried very hard to be ‘One of the Guys’…
Sighing softly, he picked up his guitar and called the group together. “Right! Again from the top!” He declared – leaping right back into the song that they had been practicing before.

Leon left the band to it, and sat down on the nearest chair, kicking his feet up and resting them on the counter. Yawning widely, he slumped back and began casually folding a few sheets of music into paper planes.
When Abby walked back into the room, he threw one at her. Naturally, it missed, swooping sideways to hit Jesse in the side of the head.
“Hey!” He exclaimed, leaping up, “What’s the big deal, man?!” Leon snickered, and stuck his tongue out childishly at his friend. Jesse stood and fumed for a moment, then sat down and began unfolding the plane – grumbling mutinously to himself.
Leon merely shrugged, then threw another one at Abby. This one flew true, and met her mid-flight.
He tossed the others to Kate and Slade – and at the latter’s questioning glance, merely shrugged as though to say, ‘What? I was bored.’
“Next song.” He explained, grabbing a sheet of lyrics for himself.
“And yes.” He snapped, cutting Slade off before he could speak, “They’re all like this. Get over it.”
Jesse snickered appreciatively, and Leon scrunched up his sheet of lyrics, and lobbed it at his head.
It didn’t matter, he knew the song anyway.
Until The End…

Drawing in a deep breath, Leon pushed his growing tiredness away, and started to play. Then, as the rest of the band followed – somewhat uncertainly, as they were still getting a feel for the music – Leon began to sing, and soon enough, it all started to come together.

” So clever,
Whatever,
I'm done with these endeavors.
Alone I walk the winding way.
(Here I stay)
It's over,
No longer,
I feel it growing stronger.
I'll live to die another day,
Until I fade away.

[Chorus:]
Why give up, why give in?
It's not enough, it never is.
So I will go on until the end.
We've become desolate.
It's not enough, it never is.
But I will go on until the end.

Surround me,
It's easy
To fall apart completely.
I feel you creeping up again.
(In my head)
It's over,
No longer,
I feel it growing colder.
I knew this day would come to end,
So let this life begin.

[Chorus]

I've lost my way.
I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is hard enough
Without you fucking up.

[Chorus]

I've lost my way.
I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

U-uh, u-uh

The final fight I'll win,
But I will go on until the end.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:18 pm

The next song wasn't all different from the first. It was as sad as the first, about the same sort of thing, and created the same mood. But it's message was a great deal more direct to what he'd said just outside.
I will fight, until the end...
Of course I believed him, who wouldn't? But it worried me, because what if fighting was the thing that killed him? He was already as reckless as it is.
I forced myself to keep playing throughout, adding chords where it was needed, a few syncopated rhythms, but I kept the general melody and riffs to the Leon and the guitars. This was his song, his message. I didn't care if Leon and Jesse didn't like it, even if they understood what it meant now, they didn't get it like I did. It was like he had taken all he'd said to me in my times of need, when I needed him, and put it all into one song. It wasn't my sort of music, no, because he'd fit it in to fit the band's style, but it was more than enough.
I ended the song holding down the sustained pedal hesitantly, leaving the guitars to finish off the final note, and stared at Leon with utter admiration.
He was really doing it. He was doing what he wanted to do. Not what me or any of the other band members wanted, what he wanted. For the first time in ages, no doubt.

I pulled out another crumpled piece of paper from my pocket and handed it to Leon, a tiny smirk on my face. Enough of the depressing, even if it did have meaning behind it.
“I kinda wrote that after I first met a certain someone.” I winked. “Really, it was me trying to see her through your eyes, if that makes sense. It was also everything I wished you'd say about her at some point, but never did. So, there.” I nodded towards the paper, my eyes twinkling.
“The song's nothing special, the vocal range isn't huge either. But I think it'll make a couple of you smile. It's called 'The Way We Talk'.”
I began the simple riff on the piano, nodding at Slade to follow on, then for the guitars to copy me.
The lyrics sang inside my head, each one causing my eyes to light up once more. That girl made me sick, but just imagining her face if she ever heard this song would be enough to make me giggle.
Sex cells, and your sex cells make all the lost boys drool...
Lost. That was what Leon had been when he'd met her. Lost.
You're as fake as the moans you make...
Even more true. Laughably true.
I winked to Leon. He'd probably have read the lyrics by then. But of course, he probably didn't know how the melody went. Shrugging, I started him off with the first couple of verses, a smile hinting on my face.
This is for you, Britney.

Cute face slim waist,
She’s got em’ in a craze,
Yeah I think he’s going crazy.
When she speaks it makes me grind my teeth,
Yet he still thinks she’s amazing.

And she’s been playing games,
Ever since 98’,
Shallow is as shallow does,ya.
Some people never change.

And she’s so fine,
She’s thinks she’s so damn fine.
She might be fine,
But she ain’t worth a second of your time.

I grinned cheekily at him, then nodded for him to carry on with the chorus, my fingers still dancing on the keys. I didn't see the other guys' faces, but Leon hadn't even reached the best verse yet. When he did, they'd know.

((The song'sby The Maine. Its a funnysong. Listen-eth at some point. Razz By the way, the 'best verse' she's referring to was the next one after the chorus. It always makes me smile. XD ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:52 am

Leon took the page of lyrics from Abby, raising an eyebrow questioningly.
So this was about Birtney…? Well, okay, then. He didn’t particularly want to think about her, to be honest, but he had to admit that he was curious so see what Abby had ‘wished he would say about her’.
Shrugging, he dropped his eyes to the page, and began scanning the page as he heard Abby starting to play in the background.
Then Slade’s drums followed on, and he quickly snatched up his guitar on cue, and started to play along. Though his focus, of course, was divided. To be honest, be was barely thinking about what he was playing at all. He was listening to the words that Abby was singing – and eventually, he could help but laugh.
Ah, Abby… That girl never failed to make him grin. He was sure that she’d sing this right to Britney’s face if she got the chance. He, on the other hand, would never have the guts.

Abby glanced at him, then, grinning cheekily, and he just shook his head and rolled his eyes – an amused smile twitching his lips.
Right… So it was his turn now, was it…?
Well then, screw it – he’d put in his all!

Just for the Hell of it, Leon kicked up the tempo, and Jesse, laughing out loud, followed suit. Damn it, if he was singing this, then he was rocking it!

He nodded to the beat for a moment, and as the moment came to sing, he suddenly thought to himself… Screw this. With a soft snort of amusement, he decided rather to jump right in the deep end, and go heavy metal on Brit’s slutty, conniving ass. Instead of singing, Leon just went ahead and screamed his first verse.
Jesse laughed again, and uttered a whoop of approval. Judging by his grin, he would probably have applauded if he hadn't had his hands full with the guitar.
Leon himself was struggling not to laugh at the sound of his gravelly, roaring voice. He hadn’t done that since… Well, since Brit, really. He was surprised he remembered how… But he did, and it felt damn good.

((Okay, since I suck at explaining stuff, let me simplify that garbage: He’s singing the following verse in screamo, just for the Hell of it. Use your imagination… Razz ))

”You're as fake as the moans you make,
And you're as weak as the hearts you break.
You're as fake as the moans you make,
So just give us, give us a little break.
Come on and give me a break!”

After that, he settled back into his usual singing voice to finish the rest of the song.

”Sex sells,
And your sex cells make all the lost boys drool.
Cause you're a dime,
But they'll have to wait in line,
Until one of them makes it two of you.
Cute face slim waist,
You still got em' in a craze,
Yeah I think I'm going crazy.
I have a long list of things to say,
But I'll leave it at,
You amaze me.

And she's so fine,
She thinks she's so damn fine.
She might be fine,
But she ain't worth a second of your time.

So just give us, give us a little break a little break.

Oh she's fresh to death,
She'll be the death of you,
Seduction leads to destruction.
Yeah she's fresh to death,
She'll be the death of me,
She's fresh, she's fresh but not so clean.

She's fresh to death, she'll be the death of me

Come on and give me a break, yeah give me a break.”

By the time he had finished, Leon was panting, and his fringe had worked its way free of its gel prison to stick to his sweaty forehead. He shook his head and swept it back – which caused Kate to blush and look away, though nobody took any notice of her.
“Damn, Leon.” Jesse commented, grinning openly at his friend, “Dude, don’t you know never to let your girlfriend meet your ex? Hell, if we find Brit’s dead body in a dumpster some day, we’ll all know exactly where to look!” With an appreciative bark of laughter, he stood up and dropped his guitar – slapping Abby on the shoulder as he walked over to the water machine in the corner of the room and poured himself a glass.

Slade, who was still being rather quiet, for him, merely smiled at Abby and commented, “Abby my dear, I couldn’t have said it better myself…”
He cast a glance at Leon to see his opinion – but Leon hadn’t said anything. Instead, he had sat down in the nearest chair, struggling to catch his breath.
Frowning slightly, Slade looked away as though he was looking upon something indecent.
“Maybe we should wrap it up for today?” He suggested, aiming the question at Jesse.
“Mm.” Jesse agreed, “We’ve still got ‘Alive’, and today’s songs to work on. We can all perfect our parts on our own, and maybe meet up later this week to record them.”
“I can keep going.” Leon objected, finally managing to catch his breath and join the conversation.
Everybody ignored him.

Within the next few minutes, the band had packed up and dispersed – ignoring Leon completely if he tried to suggest trying one more song. He was looking decidedly annoyed by the end – but seemed to accept that there was nothing he could do, so he merely shrugged and let them go.
At last, it was just him and Abby left in the room. “You really hate Britney, don’t you?” He commented with a smile, tilting his head slightly to one side and considering her affectionately. “I have to say, Abby, I’m impressed. I didn’t know you were such a songwriter. I enjoyed that one.” He laughed, and wiped his fringe back again.
Perhaps it was a good thing that the session was over… He was pretty darn tired…

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:15 pm

((Neither did I to be honest, Leon. XD))

I could really tell Leon loved the song, and so did Jesse. He really made it his own, and I didn't mind in the slightest because it was his words, his voice. Very much like a dream come true, for me.
Oh Britney, I thought with a grin as I struggled to keep up with they're ambitious rhythms and Leon's gruff screaming. If only you could see him, now. If only you could see how friggin' happy he is without you.
I laughed out loud quite a few times during Leon's parts, enjoying the beam on his and Jesse's faces, and came to thinking: how did they first come about? In fact, how had the band itself come about? How did they all meet? Because there was certainly a strange mix of people for a band that a record company could just 'throw together'. They had to have come from somewhere.
Once the song had finished I realised I was panting. Not as much as Leon, no, but I was fairly out of breath. I didn't even know why. Perhaps it was from laughing so hard at Leon enjoying himself, or maybe it was to do with the atmosphere in the room. Far more outgoing than earlier, despite everyone knowing the news.
Slade had gone quiet, but despite this, I could tell he liked it too.
Smiles all round, then. Besides Kate, who was hiding even more than usual. Why? Why did she insist on being so unsociable with her own band?
I frowned, making a decision that I'd have a chat with her later.
Jesse came over and gave me a firm slap on the shoulder, which caused me to rock slightly, but I let it pass. Of course, Jesse had been the one out of the lot to praise me on my piano skills when I first played to them, even though it wasn't their sort of music. He was a good guy. So, in response, I giggled and punched him playfully in the arm, something I didn't really do with Leon because was scared to hurt him like last time.
I certainly didn't want a repeat of that.

At Slade's comment, I simply grinned and thanked him, wondering vaguely what was up – besides finding out on of his best friends had a couple of months, tops, to live. Remembering this, I let it pass.
I turned off the electric piano and pushed it awkwardly back into the cupboard, joining the others with packing up. I gave Slade a hand with sorting out the drum kit, then gave Jesse the remaining bottle of root beer whether he liked it or not. We said our goodbyes, confirmed a day later in the week, and I finally walked over to Leon and knelt on the floor opposite him, wiping a bead of sweat from his brow with a frown.
You really hate Britney, don’t you?
I pulled a face. It would have been laughable if that question hadn't been rhetorical. As if I hadn't proven it enough already. “Of course.” I said with a snort, as if the answer was the most obvious thing in the world. Even if it kind of was... “Why wouldn't I? She's a cow. You just can't see past her ass and skinny waist. Admit it.”
I pecked him on the nose with a tiny smile, then turned away, grabbing the last bottle ofsodawater from the floor by my own chair.
I have to say, Abby, I’m impressed. I didn’t know you were such a songwriter. I enjoyed that one.
“Meh...” I shrugged like it was no big deal, then took a sip of soda water casually. “I'm not usually. But if I have enough passion about something, I could probably write a book on it if I had the patience. But Britney just pissed me off. And that was before I even found out about...” I cocked my head, still not ready to say it yet. You're illness... The fact that you're now dying and she's the reason why... The fact you couldn't keep it in your pants...
“I'd spent three seconds looking at her and she called me broad. Really. If that's all she sees when she looks at me, then she can't be much cleverer than a genius with an IQ of 60.”
I pulled up a chair,biting my tongue to keep from ranting about that cow again. “More importantly,” I began quietly, rubbing his back. “I'm sorry about earlier. I don't know what happened... Something just clicked, you know? I remembered... Things. It got to me, is all.”
I pressed my head against his damp neck, pulling a strand of hair behind my ear with a quick stroke of my finger. “You did really well today. I'm proud of you.”
I kissed him gently on the cheek, taking his hand and examining it thoughtfully.
“Hey, shouldn't you have an engagement ring, too? Or isn't that how it works? You should have bought yourself one. I feel like a loner otherwise.”
I stuck my tongue out playfully.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:08 pm

((Mehe, he couldn’t keep it in his pants. XD
Dude, he couldn’t keep her out of his pants. Though it’s the same thing, really… Wink ))

Leon struggled to keep a straight face as Abby ranted on and on about Britney – and in the end he actually had to resort to faking a cough in order to hide his laughter. Even then, his lips refused to stop twitching.
But thankfully, the topic of conversation soon changed, and his expression sobered considerably.
“I'm sorry about earlier. I don't know what happened... Something just clicked, you know? I remembered... Things. It got to me, is all.”
Leon offered a sad smile, and merely shook his head. ((Totally just wrote ‘shoot’ by accident… XD Haha! ))
“You don’t apologise for that, stupid.” He scolded, smiling and tweaking her nose. “It gets to me, too. I was only able to hold it together today because I had to…” He shrugged, and sighed heavily.
He still didn’t understand… Why did this have to happen to him? Some part of him still didn’t believe it, to be honest… The songs showed it, too.
The final fight, I’ll win…
Nothing will keep this heart from beating…

They were hopeless fantasies, nothing more – so why was it that he still believed that, somehow, he could defy death…?
He felt Abby’s face pressed softly against his neck then, and turned toward her as she mumbled something about being proud of him.
Ah, screw it – who could be miserable when they had a girlfriend- Scratch that, a fiancée like Abby? The thought made him smile, and for some reason he began to blush slightly when she kissed his cheek.
He let Abby take his hand, feeling as though electricity was running through his fingers at her touch.
But at her next words, the spell was broken… Because Leon couldn’t help but burst out laughing!
“Hey, shouldn't you have an engagement ring, too? Or isn't that how it works? You should have bought yourself one. I feel like a loner otherwise.”
“Babe, seriously?!” He exclaimed, barely able to get the words out through his laughter. It made his ribs feel like they were on fire, but still he couldn’t stop.
“Gosh, Honey! Honestly, sometimes I feel like I’m the girl in this relationship!” He sighed, shaking his head in mock disappointment. “Only the girl gets an engagement ring. You should know that.”
He smiled strangely at her, shaking his head in pitying affection. “Really, Abby. What am I going to do with you?”
He pecked her briefly on the lips, then stood up – ruffling her hair. It was about time it got messed up, anyway…
“Come on, you.” He said, grabbing her hand, and squeezing it tightly. “Let’s get out of here…”
He stared at her for a moment, a slightly strange expression on his face.
He loved her so much… It just wasn’t fair that he’d never get the chance to show her how much… It seemed an awful shame, really, to die without making love to the girl that he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with… But he couldn’t even think of that, he wouldn’t allow it. Yet still, the thought lingered stubbornly. Perhaps things would have been simpler if he actually was the girl in the relationship…
But alas, he was doomed to die wondering – as all boys his age tended to.

Suddenly, he realised he had been standing still for a while, just staring into space, and he jerked himself back to reality with an awkward laugh.
“You know, “ He said, because he felt he had to say something, “It’s amazing how often I just wish I could go back in time, and change things…” He sighed, turning his head and staring toward a window on the opposite wall. “I’m so much stronger now… Why did I have to be so weak willed back then? I knew it was too soon – I said I didn’t want to – but she said it would be okay, and I trusted her…”
He didn’t know how this had happened, why he had started thinking about it, but it gripped him now – and the frustration built up inside him. All it would have taken was one tiny ounce of willpower, to stick to his answer… Such a tiny, pathetic mistake – but so harsh a punishment.
“It just seems so stupid now…” He laughed bitterly, “Now I’ve got you, and I don’t understand how I could ever have fallen for her stupid act… If she had cared about me at all, she wouldn’t have pushed me. Why didn’t I see it?! God, I’m so bloody stupid!” He groaned, pressing his hands over his face in frustration, then sliding them back behind his head with a sigh.
“Sorry…” He muttered, “I don’t know where all that came from… I just- I wish I could undo one mistake, y’know? Just one… That’s all it would take…”

((Well, Leon, you should have paid attention in health class and watched your Johnny Condom like a good boy, shouldn’t you? Serves you right. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next