Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts)

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts) - Page 4 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:38 pm

"You're right." He admitted, shaking his head, "I don't know what got into me..." He swallowed thickly, but siad no more. He just sat there silently and avoided Abby's eye as she went on.
“Look. You were right, I don't know what it's like to be you. I don't know what it's like to watch the world go on like nothing's wrong whilst you're panicking to live the life you don't have long left to lead. But I worry about you because I care. I care when you nearly drown and start coughing up blood in the middle of the ocean, I care when your lips go blue because you're that cold then suddenly get a fever even thought you're in freezing water. If that makes me over-protective, then I'll admit, I'm over-protective. But don't even think about calling me unappreciative. Don't even go there.”
A long, uncomfortable silence followed this. It stretched on so long that Leon kept expecting to hear crickets chirping - but that was too cliche. The only interruptions here were the cries of the gulls - and even they seemed to quieten down to add their tribute of awkwardness.
After what seemed an eternity, Leon sighed heavily, and finally mumbled he two words he should have said right from the start.
"I'm sorry."
The silence came back - and for the first time since leaving the ocean, Leon shivered. He felt the cold, now. More than ever before.
He shivered again.
"I didn't know what I was saying, Abbs..." He shook his head, "I was angry, I just wanted to shout-" He broke off, and cast that excuse aside with a bitter chuckle.
Angry?
He didn't even have anthing to be angry about... So what sort of an excuse was that?
"Forget I said anything at all." He sighed, "I didn't mean a word. I was just being a jerk."
He stared out at the sea over his knee, and contemplated standing for a while - but he just didn't have the strength.
"I'm sorry, Babe." He said again - and this time an excuse leaped ready-formed to his lips; a truth he had not even known until it occured to him at that very moment.
"Look, I know you're probably pretty mad, and don't want to listen to me right now... But- But here me out, okay? You've got to understand...
I've been putting on a brave face about this whole thing. I try to seem like I'm cool, but it eats me up inside." He almost laughed at how pathetic he sounded, even to his own ears, but the topic was too serious, and he couldn't even spare a chuckle.
"Truth is I'm scared as Hell. I'm angry about how fate screwed me over - and though I'd ususally deny it even to myself, I'm still hurt about how Britney betrayed me. I know it's no excuse, but... It's a lot for a guy to have on his shoulders. I thought I was fine, but... I guess after a while, emotions have got to go somewhere. They don't just disappear like I thought... Hoped."
He thought back over what he'd said, and again he shook his head and almost laughed.
So feeble... A pleading excuse for inexcusable actions.
He knew that if he was Abby' he'd have slapped his stupid face - then turned away and never looked back. But Abby wouldn't do that - and that made this whole thing even worse.
"I'm really sorry for taking it all out on you, Babe. You're the last person I wanted to hurt... And if you want to punch me in the face and tell me to go f**k myself, I understand. I kinda feel like it myself..."
He paused a moment, and at last the laugh that had been threatening him all along escaped in one feeble breath of chuckle. "Like punching myself, I mean." He ammended, "Not f**king myself."

He finally met her eye, peeking up through a fringe of annoyingly stylish wet hair. One eyebrow crept questioningly upwards, and a hopeful little smile adorned his face.
Forgive me? He pleaded silently, hoping that she'd take the bait.
If that look didn't work, then he was stuck. He only had a finite number of apology methods - so if Abby didn't forgive him now, then he was screwed.
He just wished he could travel back a few heartbeats, and take it all back.
How many times had he wished that recently...? It was like trying to put a banana back in its peel. Once it was out, it was out - and that was that.
Funny, how after the biggest regret in his life, he'd sworn he'd never have another. Now here was one almost bigger than the first.
What was death beside intentionally hurting the one he loved, and who loved him like nobody else ever had?
Oh Abby, please forgive me...
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts) - Page 4 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts)

Post  Dreambug Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm sorry.
I stopped what I was doing, clenching my fists like I had anger problems, huffing until my face was beetroot red, besides the cold weather and glaring furiously at his perfect face. Even myheart stopped for a moment or two.
That was it, that was all I'd wanted to hear.
Yeah, maybe it was a bit too simple compared to what he'd said to me and what I'd responded with, that had all I'd been aiming for. Now that I'd got it, what did I plan to do?
Well, apologising back would have been a start, but Leon had burst into excuses before I had the chance. Not that that was much of an excuse in itself, but-
Well, I'd already worn myself out with arguing with him, thinking of excuses would just shatter me further. Instead, I simply stood, shivered and listened to what he had to say.
Forget I said anything at all. I didn't mean a word. I was just being a jerk.
So was I... I thought to myself, bowing my head in shame. You weren't the only one, mate.
I'm sorry, Babe. Look, I know you're probably pretty mad, and don't want to listen to me right now... But- But here me out, okay? You've got to understand... I've been putting on a brave face about this whole thing. I try to seem like I'm cool, but it eats me up inside.
His bitter chuckle only made me feel even worse. Here I was, pondering over the fact that we might be spending too much timetogether, yet the entire time Leon was sat here feeling totally crap about what he was going to face in the ear future. Also, when he'd said 'brave face' it had reminded me of the song I'd sung to him at band practice, 'A Thousand Years'. 'I will be brave' had been the very line to make me cry the first time round, yet not once had it occurred to me that he had to put one on. Stupid, really, since he was the one that was actually facing death itself. I was just a by-stander.
How the hell could I have been so blind?!
Truth is I'm scared as Hell. I'm angry about how fate screwed me over - and though I'd usually deny it even to myself, I'm still hurt about how Britney betrayed me. I know it's no excuse, but... It's a lot for a guy to have on his shoulders. I thought I was fine, but... I guess after a while, emotions have got to go somewhere. They don't just disappear like I thought... Hoped.
Sighing, I sat down behind him, opening my legs slightly so that he could rest between them, and wrapped my arms around his waist. If I'd just accepted he was scared in the first place, we probably wouldn't have ended up saying such things in the first place, and 'all that' wouldn't have happened. It was just so hard... I still wasn't all that brilliant at thinking in the moment, either.
I'm really sorry for taking it all out on you, Babe. You're the last person I wanted to hurt... And if you want to punch me in the face and tell me to go f**k myself, I understand. I kinda feel like it myself...
I raised my eyebrows at this, but he soon corrected himself.
Like punching myself, I mean. Not f**king myself.
Despite everything that had happened, I began to smile. In fact, beyond that. I began to laugh – quite, whispering chuckles that were muffled into Leon's back, but they were definitely there. How he managed to change my mood so quickly after we'd said such repulsive things to each other,I had no idea. He just... Had that power.
“You...Are...” I shook my head, resting my forehead on his bony spine and staring at the patch of flat sand he was sat on. “Brilliant. Just brilliant.” I hugged him tightly, pressing my cheek into his shoulder blades.
Letting the topic of his brilliance go before he got cocky again, I decided it was my turn to apologise.
“I'm sorry, too. For everything. I didn't mean it, either. That thing about Kate-... It doesn't bother me one bit that she fancies you. I do trust you, and I care about you. I guess it's kind of my fault too for not really thinking about where it had all come from. Kinda obvious, really.”
I sighed, my lips stiffening back into a somewhat straight line. He might notice I hadn't mentioned the 'too much time together' thing since it had escaped my lips the first time round. But I didn't want to go there, yet. Leon needed me for now. Possibly more than ever. I wouldn't deny I meant it now, but I'd apologise for it if I had to.
I rubbed his shoulder comfortingly and shifted closer to him, creating a deep trail of sand behind me. I'd probably have kissed him, but my lips couldn't quite reach his, and his ears were wet and probably tasted horribly salty. Oh well, I'd make up for it later.
“I tell you what, since I agree with you on that the hotel is a little boring, why don't we go get some chips?” ((Do they have chips in Rome? Or fries? Oh well, they do now. Wink ))
My face lit up at the thought. Nothing like a big tray of salted chips whilst sat by the sea.
But hang on, we were in Rome. Italy had it's own cuisine! Might as well make the most of it whilst we could.
“On the other hand, what about pizza? There should be a pizzeria somewhere round here... Maybe it's not the best brunch, but oh well.”
I rested my chin on his shoulder, smiling evidently at him.
“I do love you, you know.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Leon tilted his head back slightly to watch Abby out of the corner of his eye as she sat down behind him, and he offered a tight, stressed sort of smile that tugged at the taut skin around his eyes.
“You...Are... Brilliant. Just brilliant." Abby told him, hugging him and pressing her face into his back. He felt a tug at his heart at those words. He didn't deserve them. He still felt so guilty that it sickened him... To think that he had let himself stoop so low...
"I'm sorry..." He mumbled again, but his half-hearted words were lost in the roar of the sea.
“I'm sorry, too. For everything. I didn't mean it, either. That thing about Kate-... It doesn't bother me one bit that she fancies you. I do trust you, and I care about you. I guess it's kind of my fault too for not really thinking about where it had all come from. Kinda obvious, really.”
Leon opened his mouth to object, to tell Abby that she needn't apologise, but then something else she said distracted him.
"Kate?" He questioned, surprised, tilting his head back 'round to face her. "She's a friend. She doesn't fancy me..." A laugh had formed readily on his lips, but it died then, and in its place came a frowning question, "Does she?"
He thought about it a moment, and realised that it was true.
That left him feeling slightly unsettled, remembering what Abby had said before... And what he'd snapped back. Naturally, neither of them had been thinking - but it was oddly worrying that Kate's name had cropped up.
Kate... He'd had a bit of a thing for her, once. Before Britney. If he'd known at the time that she felt the same way, his life might have been a very different one.
He'd have been alive and healthy, for a start... With a ring on Kate's finger, and no knowledge of Abby's existence whatsoever.

And that was the moment that it struck him: A great realisation unlike any before it, that changed his entire perspective completely, and took his breath away.
If he had never got sick, he would never have met Abby.
He'd have spent his whole life searching and searching for a soulmate he'd never find - because he needed to make that fatal mistake to find her. All along, he'd been regretting it... All along, wishing he could turn back time - but that was all wrong.
That mistake had lead him to Abby. Even if it meant a long, full life - he would never undo it.
Thus, finally, after months of struggling and grieving, Leon came to terms with his fate, and made peace with whatever God was out there.
A placid smile stole across his face - barely visible in the relaxed lines of his lips - but for the first time in a long time, he seemed at peace. He seemed honestly... Content.
At long last, everything made sense. At long last - it had all fallen into place.

"I think...." Leon murmured slowly, smile growing wider, "That pizza sounds like an excellent idea."
He tilted his head sideways to catch her eye, and his expression held a whole new kind of warmth. Calmer, deeper than before.
"I love you too, Abbs." He added, and his expression sobered slightly, "More than you know..."
He wished he could find a way to tell her... To explain to her the great epiphany he had reached just a moment before - but it was no use. He would just love her, like always before. Only this time, he'd do it right. No more screw-ups. Not for him.
"I love you..."
He leaned back toward her warm presence, and turned his head to steal a kiss from her salty lips.

Abby was his world now. It was... Worth losing everything, just for these few weeks with her. At least this way, he got to live before he died. If only for a fleeting spell.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Kate? She's a friend. She doesn't fancy me... Does she?
I stared at him for a moment, gob-smacked, then without warning burst into a fits of giggles. Was he serious? How long had the band been together? And after all that snickering between Jesse and Slade, how could he not have at least taken a wild guess as to what was going on? Kate clung onto him like a ruddy koala bear, anyway, and I'd not heard her say a single foul word towards him, ever. I could tell she thought foully of me, and her glares were always there across the room burning into the back of my skull. How could Leon not have realised that?
Bless him... He really wasn't very aware of his surroundings, was he?
I think... That pizza sounds like an excellent idea.
He caught my eye then, everything in his face finally calm again. He looked like he didn't have a single worry in the world. His eyes were warm, a subtle smile hung on his lips, and within seconds of seeing this I felt myself mirroring it, smiling contently back at him.
He no longer looked frail, or even scared. He looked happy,stronger so than ever before.
I love you too, Abbs. More than you know...
I shook my head. Why don't you try me? I wished to challenge, but decided now was neither the time nor place. (Abby! XD)
I love you...
When he kissed me – which made me jump at first, but I got used to it – I giggled subtly beneath his salty lips and pecked him back on the lips playfully, half-wrestling him with my arms around his waist. I squeezed him tighter, just for a second, then released him from my grip. I then shuddered slightly as the realisation that I was, in fact, still freezing my backside off and would do until we went somewhere warm. Preferably with clothes on, as opposed to wetsuits.
Standing, I took his hand and pulled him to his feet, still rather worn out from the incident in the sea. We managed to shakily wander back to the small cabin where the rentals were, dragging our surfboards behind us, and get dressed back into our usual clothes. I handed the man at the counter back my wetsuit and board, glad that I wasn't going to see the damned things again, and leant back casually on the wall, admiring the display of images related to the coastline and Rome itself. I cocked my head to one side, regarding the images for a moment, then shook my head and pulled my handbag over my shoulder. “
“You dressed yet, Romeo?” I jeered from outside his changing room,poking the curtain so that a tiny gap at the side meant that I could peep in. I poked my head around with a cheeky smirk. If he was insecure, he'd deal with it. We'd already seen each other naked, after all.
“Hurry up, our pizza awaits.” My mimic of an Italian accent was dreadful, and so I giggled absent-mindedly to myself and winked brightly at him.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:58 am

Leon squeaked a laughing objection when Abby squeezed the air clean out of him, and he cast her a playful glare as she helped him to his feet.
Together, they made their way slowly to the rental store, and Leon dumped his board on the counter without a word.
The fever had worn off again, and he was freezing. He wanted his dry clothes…
So he darted straight into the changing cubicle, and peeled off the heavy wetsuit, letting it crumple in a pile at his feet.
He had just finished buckling his belt when Abby’s voice startled him from outside the curtain.
“You dressed yet, Romeo?”
He spun around automatically, just as her head appeared around the side of the curtain.
“Hey!” He exclaimed indignantly, pretending to be insulted by her invasion of his privacy.
“Boundaries, Abby!” He teased, unable to keep his lips from cracking into a grin, “Really, Abby, are you that desperate?” He shook his head in mock disappointment, shooting a smirk at her.
Though it was to be noted that, though all his complaining, he did not bother putting on the shirt he held in his hand. He could have put it on three times already.
Instead, he toyed with it in his hands – eyes ever-so-slightly narrowed, and eyebrows raised in that irresistible flirtatious expression of his.
Unfortunately, he couldn’t keep it up.
“Hurry up, our pizza awaits.”
Abby’s terrible attempt at an Italian accent cracked him up instantly, and he shook his head fondly – pulling on the shirt, which muffled his chuckles for just a moment.
“Yeah yeah, I’m coming, signorina…” He purred, stepping toward her with a smirk, “And that is how you do an Italian accent, Love.” He ruffed her hair patronisingly, and flashed her a playful grin as he stepped out of the change room, and slapped his wetsuit down on the front desk, along with the appropriate amount of money.
“Let’s go, then.” He agreed, smiling warmly now, “I’m starved.”
He wrapped an arm around her shoulders, and pecked her on the cheek as they left the store – heading on down the little section of touristy shops, ice-cream stands, restaurants, and various other stores near the shoreline.
He looked upon most of the restaurants with superior disgust – but eventually he came across one which caused him to utter an exclamation of delight that sounded embarrassingly like a squeak – and dart right inside with Abby in tow.
“They have pizza – and kareoke!” He whispered excitedly to Abby – pointing to a sign in Italian over their heads.
He gave the tip of her ear a playful nibble – then feigned innocence when a waiter appeared to lead them to a booth. Some posh old gentleman in a suit was singing an old Blues song, and Leon yawned pointedly.
As they waited for the menus, he produced a notepad and pen from his pocket, and began jotting down something – which he kept accidentally-on-purpose out of Abby’s line of sight.
Perhaps he struggled to say how he felt… But he could sing it.
By the end of the night, he’d have a song for Abby – and by the time he was done singing it, he vowed to himself he’d have the whole restaurant on their feet!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:56 am

I shook my head in amusement as he finally yanked on his shirt, evidently having taken his time to wait for me get uncomfortable. I have to say, it was ridiculous how muscley he was, despite how unwell he really was. He knew it, too, because he was perfectly happy flaunting himself around topless for his own amusement, just to see my reaction. I blushed slightly,, but faked a cough to hide it quickly. Weird, how even after the thing with the jacuzzi, I felt uncomfortably hot just seeing him topless. It was just a girl thing.
Yeah yeah, I’m coming, signorina…” His accent was laughably better than mine, so I sulked teasingly for a moment, crossing my arms over my chest. “[i]And that is how you do an Italian accent, Love.” My eyes narrowed as he ruffled my hair, but I didn't bother straightening it out. My face broke into a content smile as he placed his wetsuit on the desk and wandered back to me, wrapping an arm around me and pecking my cheek.
Let's go, then. I'm starved.
I didn't need to be told twice. We headed out of the rental to the lines of shops curved around the high rocks along the coastline. It looked amazing, what with the sun beaming warmly down and the view of the waves rolling elegantly across the sand. In minutes we were both warm again, and Leon's fever had finally gone away. For how long, I didn't know. But I didn't want to think about that then.
We passed a pizzeria, one just like all the others, but for some reason it caught Leon's attention. Like an excitable little girl he squeaked and darted through the wide, double doors, almost pulling me off my feet in the process.
They have pizza – and karaoke!
I closed my eyes, giggling silently to myself at the utter excitement in his voice. It reminded me of a small child being taken into a sweetshop with several pounds to spend, and had just seen the 'one penny sweet' boxes. 'Mummy, they have foam bananas and gummy bears!
I giggled again at the thought.
My eyes shot open in surprise as he nibbled cheekily on my ear, smirking to myself. Bless him... He really was beside himself.
We were taken to a table not far from the stage. Some old guy was singing a slow, twelve bar blues song in Italian when we arrived, and the audience was pretty much ignoring him. It wasn't that he was a bad singer, but the mood was rather dreary, and lacking any energy... At all.
I thanked the waiter in the best Italian I could managed and glanced curiously at the menu, when Leon pulled out a notebook and began scribbling a few things down. I noticed vaguely why he was covering it from me, but simply shrugged and looked back at the menu. Whatever he was doing, I had a feeling I'd find out soon enough.
Pizza puff pinwheels... That sounded rather fancy.
Prosciutto? What the hell was that?
Perhaps I could just stick with Margherita.
I peered over the menu, noticing he still hadn't looked up from the notebook, and raised an eyebrow.
“Watcha doin'?” I asked cheekily, placing the menu back on on the table and narrowing my eyes flirtatiously. “Do I want to know, or are you drawing inappropriate images in the middle of a restaurant?”
I grinned at the thought. Out of all the things, Leon probably wouldn't even dare.
“Want to order, or are you too busy writing a story? I'd like a margherita.”
I poked his hand absent-mindedly, once, twice then three times. If that didn't get his attention thenm well, I'd just have to lean over and snog his face off, wouldn't I?
Ha. Like I'd even dare.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:45 am

Leon ignored Abby at first, frowning in concentration at his notepad, but then she began poking his hand relentlessly, and eventually he looked up at her, one eyebrow raised in mock annoyance.
He looked down on her much like a strict teacher scolding a troublesome student.
Do you mind?” He teased with mock irritation, “These boobs are not going to draw themselves.”
A passing waiter gave him a strange look, and he winked boyishly in return – causing the posh Italian to roll his eyes, while Leon snickered shamelessly to himself.
“Okay then.” He agreed, “Let’s order.” He waved over the waiter, and ordered two large Margheritas – because he was too lazy to make his own decisions.
Once the waiter had vanished again, he hurriedly jotted down a few more lines on his notepad before stowing it away in his pocket and turning to Abby.
He placed his elbows on the table, folded his hands, and rested his chin on them, smiling at her with meek attention.
“So…” He purred, smirking flirtatiously at her, “What do you think of Rome so far, my love?”
He raised an eyebrow, then shook his head with a quiet chuckle, “It’s been quite a trip, hasn’t it?”
His hand shifted unconsciously over his ribs, remembering the pain of razor-sharp shards of bone piercing his skin.
That wasn’t something he wanted to relive – ever.
He shuddered at the thought, and was rather glad when the pizza arrived to distract him.
He snatched up a piece, and ravenously tore off a big bite – miraculously finding himself with a great appetite for once.
“Mmm!” He exclaimed through a mouthful of pizza, “Thif pifzza ith amathing!”
His words were muffled by pizza, but from the way he scoffed down piece after piece, it was clear what his message was.

For all Leon’s strengths – being polite was not one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Do you mind? These boobs are not going to draw themselves.
A waiter gave Leon the dirtiest look, which only made me giggle harder. Of course he wasn't drawing boobs, but the concentration on his face was comical, so much that if he was drawing boobs he simply wouldn't be able to hold such an expression for very long. He just wasn't mature enough.
Leon winked at the stranger cheekily, then snickered to himself. I shook my head fondly, watching him with a one-sided smile. There was just no end to his strange ways. I have to say, I was rather impressed of his evident attempt on hiding what he was really doing. Still, I didn't ask again. I had a feeling I'd find out at some point, anyway.
He ordered a couple of Margheritas and waved the waiter off, before turning to me with a twinkle in his eye, resting his chin in his hands childishly.
So...What do you think of Rome so far, my love?
I began to giggle helplessly at the flirtatious look on his face. Bless him... He could be really camp at times when he wanted to be.
“Rome is...” I trailed off, struggling to find a word to describe the wonderful country I was in. Wonderful! There's one word. But it didn't seem to fit. Hmm...
“Bellissimo.” I copied his position, except resting my chin innocently on the backs of my hands instead. It was more feminine - and the best thing, totally not like me. “It's Bellissimo. Molto bella.”
Proud of my own knowledge of the two words in Italian, I didn't even notice his hand creeping absent-mindedly to his ribs.
I hoped he was alright, after that beating from Jesse...
Frowning, I watched him for a moment, when our dinner was placed in front of us, and we both became totally distracted by the luscious smell of the crusty dough and melted mozzarella. I was the only one conscious enough to thank the waiter, because Leon had already begun to tuck in.
No, 'tuck' in was far too much of an understatement.
He began to stuff it carelessly down his throat, gulping a few mouthfuls down before looking up at me, his cheeks full like a little hamster, with a drop of tomato purée rolling down his cheek. At his muffled exclamation I chuckled to myself, deciding to say nothing about the purée and picked up a slice myself, trying my best not to wolf it down like he was doing.
But I couldn't help myself. I wasstarving.
“Ith reafly ith!” I agree with him, tearing off another piece and popping half of it in my mouth, swallowing the last lot first before I choked.
I wiped my mouth unceremoniously with the back of my hand, then gulped down some water. I then picked up my fork and carefully tried to poke a stray tomato that had fallen off one of the slices. It rolled away form the pointy end stubbornly, so I dropped the slice I had in my hand and concentrated with perhaps too much of a furrowed brow to stab it.
It rolled away once more.
Grumbling to myself, I stuck my tongue out to the side and chewed it thoughtfully. How do you tame a tomato?
I pondered over this for a few moments, then concluded that I would not pick it up with my fingers, that I would use my fork no matter what, and that surprise was the key to success. With this thought in mind, I pressed it down with the pointy end, making sure it was pinned down at was unable to escape, then, with a victorious grin, stabbed it with my fork.
Tomato juice sprayed all over my face and top.
((Dude, has that ever happened to you? It's not cool, really not cool. Tomatoes are destructive, honestly. Rolling Eyes ))
I stared at the squashed tomato in horror for a moment, wondering what the hell happened. Then it all came flooding back.
I stared down at my juice—spattered top like it had grown a face, then slowly, very slowly looked up at Leon.
What the hell...?
Then, shrugging, I stabbed the tomato and popped it into my mouth, chewing thoughtfully, then swallowing.
As if nothing had happened, I picked up the slice I had dropped and began scoffing that down contently once more.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:54 pm

It took Leon a while – longer than he was proud of – to become aware of the sauce dripping down his chin. But thankfully, when he did notice it, he made use of what little 'class’ he had, and wiped it away with his napkin.
Then he continued eating like a starved lion.
He only got about halfway through the pizza before he was full, and then he pushed it aside and turned back to his notepad while he waited for Abby to finish – writing and scribbling and crossing out, and resisting the urge to draw something inappropriate now that Abby had put the idea in his head.
((That reminds me: Chad gave me a drawing of a penis for Valentines Day. What thoughtful friends I have… I punched him. Hard. Several times. Razz ))
He had almost become lost in the endless world of ‘Muse’, when suddenly he felt something wet splash onto his forehead. He jumped and looked up at Abby, to find her covered in tomato juice – the offending vegetable spiked victoriously on her fork.
With as much dignity as she could muster, she ignored him, and popped it proudly into her mouth.
Leon cracked up.
He couldn’t help himself – the laughter robbed him of breath, and even when his ribs ached from laughing, he could only laugh harder.
People were starting to give him funny looks, but this only caused him to laugh all the more – shaking and gasping silently now that he had used up all the air in his lungs.

Only Abby.
No other girl would do something like that. They just wouldn’t.
“God!” He exclaimed when he had finally caught his breath, “I love you, d’you know that?”
He slid his finger down her face like a child drawing on a misted window, then licked the tomato juice from it –lips turning up at the corners as they threatened to crack into amusement again.
He shook his head and smirked at her, then carefully pricked his own tomato, and popped it neatly into his mouth in a superior fashion.
He was still full – but there was no way he could let Abby get off such an embarrassing moment so easy.

Soon enough, his attention was drawn back to the notebook, and after scribbling a few more lines, he looked back at Abby. He giggled to himself at the mess on her face, shook his head, and carefully wiped a smudge of tomato juice from her nose with his napkin.
“I’ve got something for you.” He announced – finding it easier to take her seriously now that she bore no resemblance to Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer.
He flapped the notebook in her face, and winked playfully – but he didn’t offer it to her. It was still his little secret, until that old guy finished his song – which looked like it might happen any moment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:04 pm

((Aww, what a caring chap XD I want a pal like that Razz Although I don't know why everyone obsesses over penises, they're ugly. O.o
Going to shut up now Razz ))

I couldn't help it, the minute Leon started laughing so did I. Bits of pizza and tomato sprayed all over my plate. It made wonderful patterns with the chive scrapings and tomato seeds along with the splats of red.
Shaking my head in amusement I picked up my napkin and wiped my face. At least that was clean enough to look at.
Which was more than I could say about me top...
I'd nearly finished my plate when my basic instincts kicked in and I clutched my bloated stomach with a tired sigh. All that laughing really had drained my energy big-time.
I felt Leon trail his finger down my face, hitting places which I must have missed whilst wiping it away, and licked off the remains. He then picked up his own tomato without difficulty and popped it in his mouth, juice-free. I watched him, eyes narrowed darkly. Oh, so that's how it's done...
Half bringing his attention back to his notebook, Leon wiped a final blob of juice from my face neatly and I wrinkled my nose, placing my fork back on the plate – the knife hadn't been used – scrunched up my napkin and tossed that on with it.
I've got something to show you.” Leon told me as seriously as he could manage. It was much easier now my face was clean.
My eyes lit up. It was about the notebook, wasn't it? Was it a song?
Or had he really drawn a pair of boobs and was about to show it to the entire restaurant? I bloody hoped not.
I flinched away from the notebook, then snatched up to grab it. Behind me, the old man had finished singing, and was praised by a quiet, droned applause.
“Hey!” I squeaked. “No fair! You can't wave something in my face, say you want to show me something then not let me see it.” I pouted dramatically. “Spill. Now. Or I will be forced to kiss you in front of everyone.”
I raised a daring eyebrow and arose threateningly from my seat.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:42 am

((They are. And it wasn’t even artistically done. -_- It was just a few crude lines… *Shakes head sadly* ))

Leon cackled evilly, and still held the notebook out of Abby’s reach. “Go on, then.” He challenged, “I dare you…”
When she began to stand, Leon laughed, and informed her in a lecturing tone, “Abby, on behalf of guys everywhere, I have to tell you that none of us would ever be embarrassed to make out with a hot girl in public.”
He flashed that devious crooked grin of his, and stood up – fluffing Abby’s hair so roughly that he pushed her back into her seat.
“Wait there.” He commanded, “I express myself better through music, so…” He trailed off, shrugging vaguely – then hovered awkwardly for a moment before turning away and walking over to the microphone.

He paused beside the DJ, and after a while of discussion, he managed to convince the begrudging man to fetch him a spare guitar that they happened to have in the store room for their ‘live music evening’.
When the DJ ((For want of a better word…)) returned with the guitar, Leon took it, and quietly checked the tuning.
Then he stepped up to the mic, sighed, and began to play and sing a song written in all of 30 minutes.
The music was mostly improvisation, but thankfully he was skilled enough to sound good even making it up as he went along – and boy did that make him feel like a badass…

"It's time to fake what you say, as you're turning away
Though it's hard to be fake, facing you every day
With regret, with remorse for the things that were said
But you know how alone we'll end up in the end

Cause I don't want to see our lives destroyed by dismay
In these times of try, we live or die again

You're my summer that fades, to these cold autumn days
You're my keepsake, my friend, and my fears
You're the strength that's inside and I swear on my life
I will always be there by your side

It's hard to live without love with the chance that you may
Find the whole world is waiting to hear what you say
From the heart through your veins to the answers that came
Here to save me, to guide me, to show me the way

So I don't want to see our lives destroyed by dismay
In these times of try, we live or die again

So take this time to see that I
Cant leave this all to chance
So take this time to see that I
Have hope that lies will end

I will always be there by your side"

((The song is 'Summer in B' by Amber Pacific. Smile ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:14 pm

My face fell.
Obviously, I knew the whole 'kiss' thing wasn't going to be really threatening, but honestly. I'd hoped it's have some impact. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't hold back from giving him a peck in front of everyone, but I prefered not to go much further than that unless it was in private...
Oh, never mind. Leon was a guy, of course he thought that.
I didn't resist when he pushed me back into my seat, but I did it slowly, glaring at him through my tousled hair. I probably didn't look particularly evil like this, but it was the best I could do. I was tempted to throw a tomato at him, but he got up and moved before I could even chose one.
He fled off to the DJ, leaving me to sit on my own and brush my hair down, and attempt to wipe off the tomato juice. It was being very stubborn...
An acoustic guitar on stage caught my attention.
It was Leon.

I could tell the song had been the one written in the last thirty minutes, because the melody wasn't too defined and he barely ever played the same line twice, but the song itself was just amazing.
In fact, it all was, to say he'd only had thirty minutes to write it.
Is there anything he can't do? I asked myself with a fond smile, unable to take my eyes off him. He was so genuine, confidence radiated off him like a warm glow – although that could have been to do with the lighting – and the room quietened as his voice arose to the chorus.
He meant every word, I could tell.
Some people on a table beside me turned and looked at me curiously – they must have noticed Leon had been singing to me- but I didn't turn and look back. I wanted to sing with him, like I had done many times at the recording studio. But I didn't.
This was Leon's song, it was his time to shine.

When he ended on that last chord I didn't clap like the rest of the room. Instead I waited, and waited, and just stared at him, smiling. He knew I loved him, and he loved me. That looked said it all.
I slowly stood up,weaved away from my chair and jogged up to him, ignoring the guitar strapped around his shoulder and threw my arms around him, closing my eyes to avoid the intensity of the stage lights.
“You are... Friggin' amazing, d'you know that?” I muttered with a giggle. Of course he knew that. He wouldn't have written the song and gone up there, otherwise.
“And you did all that in thirty minutes? That's just insane.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:41 pm

When he finished playing, his audience clapped politely, and Leon spoke the half-sincere thanks of a performer into the microphone. There was a subtle smirk on his face, but it was not for the applause, or the compliments of the crowd. It was for just one face among them – one face still and silent amongst the cheers.
His eyes met Abby’s, and as he was about to drop the guitar and walk out to meet her – she did just the same for him.
She stood, and in a few hurried steps, she was at his side. His arms opened automatically to accept her, and she ran straight into his embrace, causing him to utter a breathless laugh, and stagger back a step as her arms folded around his neck.
“You are... Friggin' amazing, d'you know that? And you did all that in thirty minutes? That's just insane.”
“Oh, I know.” He replied casually, and though he didn’t let her out of his hug, the grin was evident in his voice. “I’m a legend for a reason, Honey.”
He set her at an arm’s length, then, and flashed a cheeky wink.
Then his gaze darted over the crowd in the restaurant – some still clapping, some returned to eating, but most watching curiously – and his grin widened deviously.
It was obvious what he was thinking.
Tilting one eyebrow up threateningly, he grabbed her hand and pulled her close, catching her lips against his.
Some laughter broke out in the crowd, more clapping, and a wolf whistle here and there.
Without breaking the kiss, Leon threw his fist into the air in typical rockstar fashion, and then the crowd began cheering in earnest – laughing and whooping over the sound of scattered applause.
At last, he let his lips break away from hers, but still he did not pull away.
“Embarrassed?” He whispered, his own cheeks flushed red and warm – though more with pride than with shame.
His eyes twinkled with a cheeky spark as he grinned down at her, but there was something deeper beneath his joking. The same tender, emotional warmth that had gone into that song.
He hoped she understood what he’d been trying to say with it… Because putting his thoughts in songs was so much easier than putting them in words.
But there was one thing that he didn’t need music to say…
“I love you.” He purred, shifting his face closer to hers as though to invite another kiss – but staying just out of reach.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:33 am

Oh, I know.” Leon's voice was muffled through my tight hug, but the grin was evident in his tone. “I’m a legend for a reason, Honey.”
He set me at arm's length, and without a hint of self-consciousness, he winked. I watched his eyes dart over the applauding crowd for a moment, but I did not take gaze off him. He was planning something... And in front of all these people, too.
“Leon...” I warned him, although my lips were glued into a wide smile. What was he about to do?
Without much of a warning, he raised an eyebrow at me, grabbed my hand, and yanked me towards him, pressing my lips to his.
The audience jeered beside us.
I'll tell you, its difficult to smile and kiss and the same time, but somehow I managed it. Leon seemed to be having the tie of his life, too, because I could feel his fist punch the air, and his shoulder to shake as he waved it around in a rock star fashion. I wrapped my arms around his neck once more, twirling a tiny lock of hair on the back of his neck around my index finger. Behind my kisses hid several giggles, because for a moment I totally forgot about the audience, or even the stage. It was just me and Leon.
Then he pulled away, and a few whistles from the back of the crowd made me realise where we were.
Embarrassed?” Leon asked cheekily, and my cheeks suddenly began to blush furiously. I'd just snogged my fiancé on a stage, in front of at least fifty to one-hundred people (it's a big restaurant, okay? Razz ) and they were jeering like it was the most entertainment they'd had all night.
It probably was.
I looked down, unable to stand the teasing in his voice. I wanted to hit him... Very hard... And that gorgeous twinkle in his eyes wasn't helping the situation.
Oh Leon... I thought to myself, turning beetroot red.
I love you.” He said, lowering his head to invite another kiss. I would have done this for vengeance back at the table, perhaps in the shadows somewhere... But I'd never thought I'd end up doing it on a friggin' stage.
Narrowing my eyes, I glowered threateningly at him, trying to hide my true embarrassment through my vengeful stare.
“Prove it.” I dared, narrowing my eyes further. If he wanted to play this game, I would happily play along. And I would enjoy my trophy at the end of it all, too.
Without any warning – just as he had done to me – I pounced on him, kissing him without hesitation and growing intensity. I clutched his shirt, clenching my hands to fists on his chest and listened to the group of men on one of the back tables whistle in approval and cheer. The kiss intensified, became slightly more forceful to show I was in control, to show that it was payback, and then I pulled away to give him a chance to breathe.
Abby, on behalf of guys everywhere, I have to tell you that none of us would ever be embarrassed to make out with a hot girl in public.
If that were true, then he wouldn't mind if I snogged his face off then, would it?
I pushed him playfully, grinning cheekily, although my cheeks were still extremely red. “Now that, my adorable, gorgeous, extremely talented fiancé... Is how it's done.” I stuck my tongue out playfully, then yanked him towards me and kissed his nose playfully.
“Now, let's get off this stage. Before those old men over there get any ideas for what tonight's entertainment really is.” I winked at him, ruffled his hair playfully before turning away and jogging casually down the steps as if nothing had happened.
“Oh, and by the way, I love you too.” I added, winking at him before wandering back to the table.

Last edited by Dreambug the Dozey O.o on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:58 pm

((I love Abby. XD ))

Prove it?
Leon saw the embarrassment in Abby's face, and he was about to burst out laughing - when she pounced on him completely without warning, kissing him with near indecent intensity.
Suddenly, it was his turn to blush, and he automatically let Abby take control. With her tongue twisting in his mouth, and her fists clenching handfuls of his shirt - she had clearly won this fight.
Funny... He still felt rather like he was getting the prize.
This thought made him want to laugh again - and when the kiss finally broke, he did - awkwardly, nervously, all too aware of a hundred or more eyes upon him.
His face had gone beet red.
She pushed him back, still grinning deviously, and said, “Now that, my adorable, gorgeous, extremely talented fiancé... Is how it's done.”
"Can't argue with that..." He replied, laughing awkwardly. "You put on quite a show, don't you...?"
“Now, let's get off this stage. Before those old men over there get any ideas for what tonight's entertainment really is.”
"Abby..." Leon complained, pulling a face and shooting the drunk, guffawing group a distasteful glance. "If I'm gonna offer 'that' sort of entertainment, I think I'd attract a much classier crowd."
He spoke in a pompous, superior sort of fashion - but Abby wasn't hanging around to hear it. She was already half way back to the table... And he almost tripped in his haste when he hurried after her.
When he reached her, she said simply, “Oh, and by the way, I love you too.”, and this left him blushing brighter than ever before, and grinning from ear to ear in sheer happiness.
Oh, Abby... What would he do without her? He honestly felt like he might explode from love.

When they reached the table, he sat down opposite her, and his red-tinged cheeks dimpled with a warm smile.
He considered her a moment, then glanced away, toying absentmindedly with a napkin in his hands.
"Listen, Abbs..." He began thoughtfully, picking at the napkin's edges, "You know I'm not great with words, but I've got to tell you... Babe, you amaze me." He laughed under his breath and shook his head, grinning up at Abby with fond incredulity.
"I seriously feel like the luckiest guy in the world to have you in my life. I just-" He shook his head, the napkin starting to fray at the edges beneath his fingers. No matter how he worded things, they always sounded lame and insincere. He flushed self-consciously, half-expecting Abby to start laughing at him.
"It just struck me, just before we came here, I've been looking at things all wrong. I've been living in regret, because it seems so unfair that I've just met you, and now I have to let you go... I've been pissed at fate, at the universe, for screwing me over..." He frowned slightly, and shook his head again - feeling more self-conscious than ever, and shredding the napkin with his nails.
"But now I realise I had things all wrong."
Finally, a warm smile returned to his face - deep and sincere.
"If I could go back and do it all again, I wouldn't do a think different. Because even though I made some mistakes, and even though they came with pretty harsh consequences... Well, if it wasn't for those bad choices, I'd never have met you." He smiled wider, and gently reached for her hand across the table.
"I guess what I'm trying to say, is... I think it's all worth it. I'd rather live a month with you than a century without you."
He dropped the ruined napkin, and took Abby's hand in his - caressing her soft skin with his thumb.
"You are my world." He said softly. "I know I was a jerk today, but... I hope you know that."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:44 am

((Awww :heart))

I felt strangely victorious when I noticed the patches of red over Leon's cheeks, so much so that my sly grin refused to leave my lips. Revenge certainly was sweet.
Bless him... I loved it when I proved him wrong, never mind make him blush like that. He thought he'd won, the audience had thought he'd won. But no...
My grin widened.
Listen Abbs... You know I'm not great with words, but I've got to tell you... Babe, you amaze me.
The memory of the last few minutes popped into mind, and I pondered for a moment over what it was that had amazed him. The fact that I wouldn't admit defeat? Snogged him on a stage in front of an audience of drunken old men? Or maybe he just meant me in general. I flushed fondly at him.
I seriously feel like the luckiest guy in the world to have you in my life. I just-... It just struck me, just before we came here, I've been looking at things all wrong. I've been living in regret, because it seems so unfair that I've just met you, and now I have to let you go... I've been pissed at fate, at the universe, for screwing me over...
My expression morphed into somewhat of a serious frown, although my eyes were still soft and smiling. I could tell he was being sincere, and I loved him all the more for it. He had his moments, definitely. But still, I couldn't let him give me all the credit, he was brilliant too. And although our time wasn't going to be long enough – hell, a century wouldn't be long enough, it seemed – I wouldn't have missed this time for the world, either. Although I had also felt angry with the world for taking Leon away from me, it was happening, and it couldn't be helped. So the best thing to do was just accept it, stick a finger up at the world and enjoy the time we had left.
It was easier said than done, yes. But we were getting there.
But now I realise I had things all wrong. If I could go back and do it all again, I wouldn't do a thing different. Because even though I made some mistakes, and even though they came with pretty harsh consequences... Well, if it wasn't for those bad choices, I'd never have met you.
Tears pricked at my eyes, it didn't take long for me to realise my vision had gone blurry with tears. It wasn't like me to cry over some things, but now, I felt horrible. I shook my head. He wasn't glad he'd been given Britney's illness, but he certainly didn't regret it. Even though, eventually, he was going to die, he still wouldn't have done anything different. He was being extremely cute, but I almost couldn't bare to hear it.
"I guess what I'm trying to say, is... I think it's all worth it. I'd rather live a month with you than a century without you.
Jesus, Leon... I sniffed, staring deeply into his chocolate eyes. He honestly believed every word he was saying, didn't he?
The shredded napkin showered onto the tablecloth and he took my hand, linking his fingers with mine and stroking my skin delicately with his thumb. “You are my world. I know I was a jerk today, but... I hope you know that.
I used my free hand to wipe away the tears blurring my vision. In all the years I'd spent at the school paying back all the crap I'd caused everyone in Care, all the times I'd stared at that ratty old radio and wondered if or when Peach wanted me back, I'd never expected anyone to care about me this much. I'd never even imagined anyone to say those things to me with such intensity and truth... Yet here we were, in Rome, in a pizzeria and Leon had just sung to me a song he'd written in thirty minutes. What's more, we'd snogged on stage, in front of everyone.
“You weren't the only one,” I croaked, laughing weakly at myself. Leon wasn't crying, so why the hell was I?
“I didn't mean anything I said, either. I know why you said those things, I shouldn't have gotten pissed at you. But hey, that's all over now.” I waved it off with the back of my hand, then cupped his other in mine.
“Seriously, thanks for yet another brilliant day.” I told him, a wet, sincere smile tweaking my lips. I took one of his hands and sandwiched it under mine on my cheek, then rested on it gently.
I could have stared at him forever, but the night was still young, and the meal was not over.
Grabbing the dessert menu, I squeaked excitedly and, still resting on his hand, opened it up whilst sniffing away the remainders of my tears. Something chocolatey would certainly make me feel better about everything.
Brownies... They wounded rather appealing. I wondered vaguely how much ice cream would be served with them, or whether it came with strawberries. I didn't know, since I couldn't read Italian.
“Say... Fancy sharing some brownies with me?” I asked innocently, absent-mindedly kissing his palm as I scanned the rest of the menu.
“Oh, a sundae!” I squeaked. “How many flavours are they? I can't quite make it out...” I frowned for a moment, then shrugged, plonking the menu carelessly back on the table. “Screw it. Let's just have brownies.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:20 am

((These two... I love you Just my luck that 'Die Romantic' would come onto my playlist as I was halfway done reading it... XD Haha! Gosh, I forgot how much I love Aiden. :') ))

For once, Leon didn't let Abby's tears affect him. He had found acceptance, and the way he saw it, he had nothing left to cry about. So he smiled subtly at her, and squeezed her hand reassuringly as she wiped away stray tears.

Thankfully, she dismissed the little tiff from before as though it were nothing - which it was - but he still pulled a face at the mention of it. Not exactly one of his proudest moments, snapping at the girl he'd die to marry, just for caring about him.
But as she said, they'd both said things they didn't mean. Anger was a funny thing... But it was over now, and he'd never let it happen again.

“Seriously, thanks for yet another brilliant day.” Abby said after a while, and Leon simply nodded and smiled silently - letting Abby take his hand. He stroked his thumb gently over her jawline - just watching her fondly, but saying nothing. He could have stared into her eyes all night - but typical of Abby, she had other ideas.
The moment she saw the dessert menu, she dismissed the romantic little moment, and Leon could only laugh when she dropped his hand abruptly, and began excitedly scanning the list of sweet things.
He had to look away for a moment to keep from bursting into laughter, but he soon had a grip on himself - and then he just shook his head and grinned at Abby as she chattered excitedly on.
"Brownies it is, then." He agreed at last - not that he had any say. She had clearly decided already.
He waved the waiter over to place their order, then slumped back in his seat with a sigh, letting his head fall back and closing his eyes momentarily. He hated how quickly things tired him out recently.

The brownies arrived sooner than expected - decadently dressed in cream and chocolate sauce, with sliced strawberries elaborately arranged like the petals of a flower.
At once, Leon's energy bounced back.
"F*ck!" He exclaimed in delight, so loud that he earned discerning glares from a few pompous old ladies and righteous gentlemen sitting nearby.
Leon either didn't notice, or he just didn't care.
"Have you ever seen such a f**king chocolaty brownie?!" He brandished his spoon aggressively, then shovelled a mouthful of blissfully warm, moist brownie into his mouth. He closed his eyes and savoured it, uttering a low moan of pleasure, then quickly gobbled up another mouthful.
For all his elaborate romantic gestures, sharing dessert was apparently not Leon's strong point.
In fact, he might have snatched the whole dish right out from Abby's nose had his appetite not failed after the first few rich spoonfuls.

((... Where is my muse...? XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:13 am

The brownies arrived shortly after, ad I have to be honest, they were mouth-wateringly huge. They had been embellished with thinly slices strawberries and trickled with chocolate sauce, then sprinkled with white icing sugar. My eyes lit up hungrily at the very sight of them.
Leon, of course, couldn't hold the urge to keep his exclamations in his head, and swore loudly as the large, round plate was placed on the table between us.
Have you ever seen such a f**king chocolaty brownie?![/]”
I shook my head silently, unable to take my eyes off them. Leon grabbed the spoon before I had even looked at it, and cut off a fat chunk and shovelling it into his mouth. I giggled as his face relaxed into one of utter luxury, took the other spoon and picked up a strawberry neatly, before popping that in my mouth. It tasted amazingly sweet, and before I knew it, I too had cut off a chunk of brownie and put it in my mouth.
If I'd died at that very moment, I would have done so very, [i]very
happy. ((I want a brownie now... Sad ))
Leon gave up after a few mouthfuls – I admit, they were very rich – but I was far from done. I carried on eating until the very last strawberry, which I left on the plate just to say that I did, and dropped the spoon loudly on the plate, causing it to clatter and rock for a few seconds. I dropped back in my seat, staring at my bloated stomach, and poked it experimentally.
Yup. I was full.
Exhaling, I yawned and smiled tiredly at Leon, having evidently enjoyed the luscious feast.
“You look shattered.” I teased, knowing I looked just as tied, if not more. “Thanks for that, it was delicious. I'd eat a hundred of those if I had the stomach.” And didn't he know it.
I poked my tummy again as if to prove a point, and gulped down a few mouthfuls of water.

((I may have sat on it. Hold on... *farts* Shocked ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:38 am

((I actually laughed out loud at that. XD I have such a mature sense of humour. Wink LMAO!
Oh gosh, I just laughed again... Razz *Tackles* Why are you so flipping funny?))

"Shattered? Me?" Leon shot back indignantly. "Absolutely not. I'm-" His speech was interrupted by a wide yawn, and finished in a tried mumble, "...Totally... Energetic..."
He rubbed his eyes roughly with the heels of his palms, then looked up at Abby with a faintly amused, weary smile. "And I don't doubt you would." He added, referencing her comment about the brownies, "But I don't want a giant brownie for a fiance. No offense."
He shrugged off his shallow, boyish comment shamelessly, and flashed Abby a cheeky smirk.
"Well then, what's next? Wanna head back to the hotel? Actually, we should probably get the band together for a final practise... The concert's been scheduled for tomorrow." He frowned slightly, and cast Abby a thoughtful glance, "I did tell you, right? It's pretty soon, but we're awesome enough to get by just winging it. And besides, we can't stay in Rome forever. I've got to get my affairs in order, and the Doc's been sending threatening texts all week."
He sighed and grumbled irritably, absentmindedly signing the bill, and dishing out the appropriate amount of payment.
Then he stood, too immersed in tiredness and thoughts to wait for any response from Abby, and took her hand to help her to her feet.
"Screw it." He decided, speaking through a yawn, "I'm tired. We'll be fine tomorrow - no need for practise." He yawned yet again, and waved a hand in airy dismissal. Then he took Abby's hand again, and started toward the door.

((Seriously, I am so sorry about the crappy posts... Totally museless. XD I don't know what's wrong with me.))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:36 am

((Dump the load, Polo. Dump the load. XD And d'you want a game of craps? Wink You may not want your muse now, since it may smell somewhat of methane... O.o ))

I rolled my eyes at his pathetic attempt to seem energetic, and caught his yawn, letting out a long noise as my mouth stretched out and copied him.
And I don' doubt you would. But I don't want a giant brownie for a fiancée. No offence.
I gaped stupidly at him, as if it was totally and utterly offensive for a man to say to his fiancée that he'd rather she were human than a enormous cake. No sound left my lips, however, other than a girlish squeak that would have suited Britney more than me.
At the mention of the concert, my eyes widened and I stopped dead, feeling suddenly sick – and that wasn't because of the brownie overdose. He concert was tomorrow? Why hadn't Leon told me? I'd expected it to be far later in the week, the week-end, maybe? But I hadn't practised at all... I didn't even know if my singing voice would be any good.
Jesus, Leon... He wasn't very good at warnings, was he?
The rest of his babble wafted over my head, and I sat back in my seat, defeated. I was too tired to do anything, but the little energy I had left was wasted on worry. How many people were going to be there? If it was the band's 'final jam' with Leon, there would be quite a few, wouldn't there? I'd seen videos of their past gigs, and the crowd had been far from small.
Leon may be comfortable with performing in front of so many people, but I was friggin' terrified.
The next thing I knew, he was stood beside me, holding a hand out to help me up. I swallowed and took it, pulling myself to my feet. I clutched his hand in mine an began tiredly shuffling towards the door.
Screw it. I'm tired. We'll be fine tomorrow - no need for practise.
Was he crazy?!
But I, too, was far too tired to play or sing. If we dragged ourselves to the recording studio we'd pass out half way through a song, or something. We both needed sleep.
Still, we could always practice in the morning, couldn't we?
The evening was just showing as we walked out of the double glass doors and out onto the street, The sky was burning a beautiful red, even darkening way on the horizon. Because it was such a sunny time of year it took longer to get dark there, and quicker for the sun to rise. It was around 8.30PM, but I felt ready for bed. I waved to a taxi and dropped into the back seat as soon as he appeared by our side, almost collapsing on the cushioned, leather seat.
“So... What's happening tomorrow? Do you want me to watch you backstage until the numbers with me in are on? Or am I staying on stage the whole time and just improvising?”
I rubbed my bloated stomach, trying to keep my fluttering heart as calm as possible.
“I just... I've never taken part in a concert this big before.” I smiled sheepishly, a lock of hair falling in front of my face and I shrank away, hiding beneath it.
“I'm kinda nervous...”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:57 am

((*Dies from laughter* Good times. SUCH good times. XD What would I do without you? Wink ))

"Relax, you'll be fine." Leon assured Abby dismissively, climbing reluctantly into the taxi beside her, and rolling his shoulders to deter the instant tension that gripped him.
He shifted nervously in his seat - then cast a glance at Abby, and a frown settled over his face.
She really was worried about this. He felt kinda bad - he'd forgotten she hadn't performed before... Well, not like this. He guess she had with Peach - but... Pop music? Come on.
"Hey..." He murmured, reaching out and softly brushing the hair away from her cheek with cool fingers. "Don't be so nervous, Love. You'll do great." He smiled reassuringly, then continued - as much to distract himself from the car drive as to comfort Abby. "Seriously, we're talking about my fans here. How hard d'you think it is to impress a bunch of half-stoned metalheads, huh?" He winked at her and ruffled her hair playfully, then continued more seriously.
"Slade will have everything organised. He's awesome like that - I always get to a show thinking everything's a mess, meanwhile Slade's got the whole thing figured out." He laughed, "As for you, you'll have your sheet music, and Babe, you're awesome behind that keyboard - you'll be able to keep up with us just fine. Whether you play your own songs or not is up to you." He shrugged, "It all depends what you're comfortable with..."

He let silence fill the taxi, then - but with it came the sounds of the traffic outside. He stayed calm, and he was proud of that fact. He was starting to deal with his issues, now... But just as this thought struck him, the driver had to brake suddenly to avoid a maniac speeding through a red light. It was only a minor hiccup, but it was enough to get Leon talking nervously again - this time only to distract himself.
"To be honest, I'm pretty nervous myself. Not so much about performing - I'm used to that by now - but just..." He pulled a face, "It's a farewell concert, y'know? I just don't like the sound of that." He shrugged, "It sucks to think that this'll be my last time performing with the band on stage..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:55 pm

((I know, right? I'm so amazing Cool *pounces* ))

I almost shuddered at the temperature difference between Leon's fingers and my cheek, but let him brush away the strand of hair, wrinkling my nose slightly. I had nothing to hide behind any more...
Don't be so nervous, Love. You'll do great. Seriously, we're talking about my fans here. How hard d'you think it is to impress a bunch of half-stoned metalheads, huh?
That was true, kind of. But what about those other annoying screaming girl-fans that used to follow him around school? What if there were those types there? I wasn't in the mood for any jealous glares from anyone in the crowd, since I'd had plenty from Suzie, enough to last me a lifetime. When I was feeling nervous enough already, those sorts of glares were the last things I wanted to see.
Leon started babbling about how impressive Slade's organizational skills were, which I only half-listened to. It was good to know some knew what was going on,but the poor guy would be up half the night thinking about it,and no one else would have sh*t's idea as to what would be going on. Still, we'd fine out in the morning. It would be fine, wouldn't it?
The car jolted slightly, some lunatic speeding through a red light, and the taxi driver swore under his breath. I grabbed Leon's hand automatically to make sure he was alright. He was, although his nerves were showing in his lightly shaking hands.
To be honest, I'm pretty nervous myself. Not so much about performing - I'm used to that by now - but just... It's a farewell concert, y'know? I just don't like the sound of that. It sucks to think that this'll be my last time performing with the band on stage...
I sighed, slightly surprised at his outburst, but decided it was normal to feel that way. Of course, when you knew you were doing something and it would be the last time you ever had the chance to, you would feel bad. But I had to disagree with him, on that one.
I stroked the back of his hand lightly with my thumb, admiring the golden street lights flashing as we moved slowly down the road through the long queues of traffic.
“Don't think if it as your last, Leon.” I said warmly, still admiring the lights out of the window. It looked so romantic. “Think of it as the friggin' best! Haven't you heard the phrase 'save the best 'till last'? As you said, rock them to the ground!” My eyes widened in admiration. “You'll love it, the audience will love it, the band will love it...” I finally looked at him, smiling warmly. “And I will love you no less.” I leant over and kissed his cheek. “Just enjoy the moment for what it's worth. We'll be right behind you. All of us.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:30 am

Leon dropped his gaze, trying not to grin, but failing miserably. How was it that Abby always knew just what to say to put things in a positive light?
"Have I mentioned that I love you?" He asked simply, smirking at her, and stroking the hair out of her face again - though that was a poor excuse, since it was still neatly tucked behind her ears, for the most part.
"Because I do, you know." He flashed a bright grin, "You're right, as usual. It'll be a blast." He grinned wider, "We'll have the whole of Rome deaf for a week!"
He ruffled Abby's hair playfully - then turned away as he heard the taxi driver's voice interrupt him.
"I couldn't help overhearing..." The man said, meeting Leon's eyes in the rearview mirror. "You guys were talking about some concert? You can't mean that last-minute ordeal at the stadium tomorrow?"
Leon simply smirked, raising one eyebrow.
Good old Slade. Of course everybody knew about it...
"You're Leon Hunter?" The driver asked disbelievingly.
Leon laughed at this. He couldn't help it - to hear those words in that thick Italian accent... He just couldn't believe how widely his fame had spread.
"I'm Leon Hunter." He confirmed at last, smirking. "You're coming to the show, right?"
"But of course!" The driver replied with an excited laugh, "My son is a huge fan, he'll be beside himself when he heards I met you... Leon Hunter in my taxi!" He uttered another excited laugh, then fell silent for a moment as he eased the taxi into a parking bay outside the hotel.
"Say..." He began, turning round in his seat to face Leon, now. "Would you mind signing an autograph real quick? It'd mean the world to him."
Leon noddded simply, and took the pen and paper that the driver offered him - hurriedly scribbling his untidy signiture.
"See you at the show." Leon said with a wink, handing back the autograph along with the payment for the drive - then opening the door, and reaching invitingly for Abby's hand.
"Ready to go, Babe?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:55 pm

((How annoying. 3 minutes after I logged off, you posted. If only I'd waited just a tad longer... -_- ))

Have I mentioned that I love you?
“Once or twice.” I replied with a smirk, shrugging slightly. I ignored my blushing cheeks and focused on holding his hand, trying not to show the embarrassment I felt whenever he said those words. I still found it astounding knowing that he actually meant it.
Because I do, you know. You're right, as usual. It'll be a blast. We'll have the whole of Rome deaf for a week!
I burst out laughing at the thought of an entire city's worth of people groaning and complaining about headaches and ringing ears the morning after. The fans, though, will still probably be screaming away, perhaps singing a few songs. Of course, you wouldn't have to be in the stadium to hear the music. Which meant the rest of Rome would be able to enjoy the music from a distance. Everyone would be able to appreciate Leon for the amazing fiancé I loved so much.
I automatically began brushing my fingers through my hair once his hand trailed off my head, pulling a face, just as the taxi driver began to chatter excitedly.
I raised my eyebrows. Leon was being oddly calm, to say he'd been noticed, but since there was only the taxi driver around we didn't really have anything to worry about. He seemed like a nice guy, so it didn't matter.
Leon cleverly used this time to make sure the driver would be coming to the concert, which he was. The light in his eyes was evident, he wasn't lying to us.
I giggled into my hand, surprised at how nice Leon had become since I'd first met him. It had been such a chore just to get a decent smile from him, yet now, it was as easy as a kiss. And he was being so welcoming to a totally stranger, too, and scribbled a quick autograph for him to give to his son.
I watched him fondly, as he got out of the car. I was in such a daze I forgot it was my time to get out, too.
Ready to go,babe?
“Hm?” I grunted, stared at him for a moment, then took his hand and climbed out.“Thanks for the ride.” I told the driver, flashing him a smile. Who cared if he didn't know me? He could decide all that later. “Enjoy the show, tomorrow.”
I closed the door behind me, wrapping an arm around Leon's waist casually.
“You know,” I mused, resting my head on his shoulder. “Sometimes I forget how famous you really are.”
With that, I turned us away and we headed back into the hotel. I smiled politely at the receptionist as we made our way to the elevator and in seconds we were alone once more.
“Rome. Wow...” I exhaled deeply, leaning back on the gold bar attached to the elevator wall. “A friggin' stadium, Leon!”
I laughed, although I wasn't sure whether it was a nervous laugh or an excited one.
“We're going to be playing in front of a stadium-full of fans... With little-to-no practice. I really hope you guys know what you're doing.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:42 pm

“Sometimes I forget, myself.” Leon laughed in response, pecking the top of Abby’s head affectionately. He did love the fact that he was tall enough to do that… He had been short for most of his childhood, and was not yet done enjoying the sudden growth spurt that had struck him during his later teenage years.
He slipped his arm around Abby’s shoulders, because he could, and walked cheerfully along beside her as they entered the hotel, passing the receptionist – whose slightly-too-friendly gaze Leon carefully avoided – and continuing on into the elevator.
“Rome. Wow... A friggin' stadium, Leon!” Abby exclaimed, and Leon uttered a bark of laughter at her sudden excitement, a crooked grin creeping over his face.
“We're going to be playing in front of a stadium-full of fans... With little-to-no practice. I really hope you guys know what you're doing.”
He slowly raised an eyebrow, and with a swagger, replied in his best western drawl, “Just who d’you think you’re talkin’ to, Darlin’?”
He dropped the fake accent then, and leaned in closer with a devious smirk – letting his lips linger closer to her ear than was necessary for a whisper in an empty elevator.
“I’ll let you in on a little secret… Half our shows up ‘til now, I was drunk anyway.”
He winked. “We’re playing in front of a bunch of strangers who worship the air we breathe, Abby. What’s the worst that could happen, huh?”
Unconcerned as ever, he ruffled her hair, and stepped out of the elevator the moment the doors opened, grabbing Abby’s hand and pulling her with him.
“Now enough about the concert.” He said scoldingly as he lead her back toward the room, “I do believe it’s about time you started telling me how wonderful I am. A guy needs his ego boost, you know.”
He shoved her playfully between the shoulder blades, pushing her toward the bed.
“Well? Go on, then. I’m waiting.”
And wait he did, with hands perched on his hips like a diva, and a little pout on his lips which would have been adorable, were it not so hilariously pathetic.
He seemed to have regained some of his energy, somewhere between the restaurant and the hotel – and apparently he was no longer willing to be serious about anything.
“Hey!” He said suddenly, face lighting up with a devious grin, “You know what we haven’t done together, yet?” One eyebrow flicked upwards suggestively, and he paused for a moment, before murmuring in a dramatic stage whisper, “We’ve not got totally sloshed, yet… In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever even seen you drunk. It’s just pathetic to be sober in such a fancy hotel, don’t you think?”
Again with the devious grin.
“I’ve got a fake ID.”
Naturally…

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next