Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts)

2 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts) - Page 3 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts)

Post  Dreambug Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:05 pm

My eyes widened at his promise not to stare openly, not quite believing he was joking. He was a guy, after all. But even then, he proved my thoughts wrong completely by chuckling and flicking my hair over my face, which I held obediently over my eyes with a grin, and listened the the soft splashing noises of his body dragging itself out of water. Some curious urge made me want to take a peek, but I quickly kicked myself and stood perfectly still in the middle of the jacuzzi, my hair tied over my face like a pair of closed curtains. I listened to his feet as they slapped wetly on the tiled floor, grab my towel then flop it neatly onto my head. My smile still remained as I slowly dragged the towel off my head, scruffing up my wet hair in the process, and glared playfully at him.
After a few moments I decided that was my cue to pull the plug, and so I drained out all the water, flung the towel around myself and climbed out of the jacuzzi, receiving a brief peck on the cheek, and watched Leon as he disappeared into the warmth of the bedroom. I let out a long, happy, tired sigh.
What a night.
What a day, even.
I waddled reluctantly into the bedroom, first making sure Leon had his back to me, then bent over to my suit case.
Then I realised. I still didn't have any pyjamas.
Grumbling, I grabbed a plain, white bra and knickers and slipped those on, making sure Leon was still not looking, and then pulled out a huge, flowing top that would – hopefully – cover a decent fraction of my upper thigh. I buttoned it up right to the top, conscious of the fat that it was somewhat translucent, and flopped dramatically on the bed.
“You having fun over there?” I teased, lifting my head to glance at the screen, where people were running all over the place, fleeing from a bright red target in the centre. War games, obviously.
“I know this sounds weird,” I began, biting my lip and pressing my legs together almost giddily. “But I can still feel those bubbles...”
I let out a squeaky giggle, then rolled over, wriggling around all the fluffy cushions by my pillow. I felt tired, but so alive. And I was barely even doing anything!
“I'm so weird.” I declared with yet another giggle and sighed loudly,contently. It was utterly brilliant doing nothing for once.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts) - Page 3 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's short RP. (Mature Content) (New Posts)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Leon was so focused on his game that he didn’t even notice Abby changing behind him – but since he didn’t know what he was missing, it didn’t bother him.
Still, he closed the game when Abby spoke, and wheeled in the chair to face her, raising one eyebrow, and stroking an invisible cat in his lap.
It was a terrible Dr Evil impression, but a hilarious one nonetheless.
“I know this sounds weird, But I can still feel those bubbles... I'm so weird.”
At this, Leon laughed fondly and shook his head.
“Very weird.” He agreed, “but I love you anyway.” He shook his head, lips locked in a smile, then glanced back toward the screen, and uttered a vague murmur of satisfaction.
“Hey, come check this out.” He encouraged, gesturing toward the screen, which had now loaded a YouTube video.
He had typed in his own name, and a long list had appeared.
He scrolled up and down until he saw a title that caught his interest, then clicked on it.
It was poor cellphone footage taken that morning when he had beaten up that poor reporter… He hit play, and instantly burst out laughing at the sight of himself sprinting shirtless down the street, then tackling the reporter and promptly beating the stuffing out of him.
“You’d swear I was some sort of gangster!” He laughed, shaking his head.

((Just interrupting this to say that I’m sorry it sucks. Honestly, I know it sucks, but I can’t get it to go any better. I’m having a very stressful night, for no apparent reason. -_- I hate Wednesdays. XD ))

“I do this for a laugh, sometimes.” He admitted, gesturing toward the screen. “You’d be really surprised what sort of footage crops up on here. There’s stuff I don’t even remember doing…” He laughed – watching himself get up off the reporter, dust himself off, and walk casually away.
The video ended, then, and he scrolled down to read the comments.

Most were the usual crap that always sprouted from the fangirls. Stuff like,
‘omg leon is so hooottttt!’
‘MarRy mE LeOn!!!!!!!! ♥️♥️
‘So sexiiiii…’

He sighed at the pathetic comments – but there were a few more worthwhile ones that drew a chuckle from him.
“Sometimes I forget how famous I am…” He laughed, “It’s kinda weird, actually.” He glanced toward Abby, and his amused smile was replaced by a thoughtful frown. “Thanks to you, I can actually just be a normal guy again… For the most part, anyway. It would suck to have to be in the spotlight all the time…”
He cast a glance at the computer screen, and hit the shut down button.
“Sorry,” He chuckled, “I’m being all thoughtful and stuff – It just occurred to me that I’ve never really talked to you about all this. I mean, you must be about the only person, besides my family, who knows me as me more than as ‘Leon Hunter’…” He paused, frowning, “I bet you don’t even own one of my CDs.” He added accusingly, a teasing grin on his face, “Why am I with you when I could have a soulless slave who would worship the ground I stand on?” He jerked a thumb toward the computer, obviously indicating the fangirls, with their pathetic little comments.
He winked playfully at her, then got up and walked over – stealing her hand, and locking her fingers with his.
“I’m damn lucky I found you.” He snickered, “Considering my other options, I think I’d have died alone, otherwise.”
He flicked her forehead for no apparent reason, then bowed his head to kiss it instead.

((That was a stupid and utterly pointless post. O_0 But I’m way too lazy to delete it and type another, so I’m afraid I must leave it up to you to save this poor RP from my tired and stress-addled brain. Razz ))
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:07 am

At the sound of Leon's voice I stopped rolling and hugging the sheets and sat up, my soggy hair in one huge mat, dark strands pointing in all directions. Plastered on my face was a huge, stupid grin that I refused to rid of, and I was aware that my translucent shirt had twisted uncomfortably around my shoulders, hanging off one side. I pulled it back in place, swung my legs off the bed and scuttled over to him, leaning casually over his chair and staring at the screen.
The video was blurred and shaky, but Leon's topless figure could still be seen through the small crowd of people. He was jumping around the young reporter, throwing his fists hard into the poor guy's face, stomach, crotch...
I smiled again.
“Oh yeah. Good times.” I giggled, remembering the seriousness on his face the minute he ripped his top off and threw it to me, ordering me to put it on. Then he'd just leapt out the window, without even bothering to use the stairs and front door, and legged it down the street in jeans and socks.
Bless him.
The comments didn't surprise me, they were the usual about how hot Leon was, and there were even attempts on proposals, too.
I shook my head. People could be majorly obsessed, sometimes. Couldn't they find anything better to do?
Sometimes I forget how famous I am… It’s kinda weird, actually.” Leon said with a chuckle, turning to me. Then his lips moulded into a slight frown,and he continued. “Thanks to you, I can actually just be a normal guy again… For the most part, anyway. It would suck to have to be in the spotlight all the time…
“Oh believe me, I know what that's like.” I mumbled, rolling my eyes. Maybe I had been very young then, but it didn't change anything. No matter how much Peach tried to avoid the Press when she was with me to keep from her secret being spread, but it never stopped them from raiding our space wherever we went, swarming like cockroaches with their flashing cameras and constant questions...
The screen flashed to black, and Leon turned back to me with another light chuckle. “Sorry. I’m being all thoughtful and stuff – It just occurred to me that I’ve never really talked to you about all this. I mean, you must be about the only person, besides my family, who knows me as me more than as ‘Leon Hunter’… I bet you don’t even own one of my CDs.
“I resent that!” I squeaked with a playful grin. “I own one. It was a birthday present from Lucy, she said I'd like it. And I did, because it didn't have your face on it.”
I poked him teasingly in the forehead, pecking him on the nose. I did love that boy, even if he could be an arsehole from time to time.
Why am I with you when I could have a soulless slave who would worship the ground I stand on?
See?
My jaw dropped in fake offence, my eyes narrowing threateningly. But the smile wasn't absent for long, because he stood up and took my hand, lacing our fingers together.
I’m damn lucky I found you. Considering my other options, I think I’d have died alone, otherwise.
I pulled a face as he flicked my forehead, glared at him but let him lean forward and kiss it also.
“Yes, you are.” I mused smugly, grinning at him. “Where would you be without your old Absy, eh?” I petted his cheek patronisingly, stood on my tiptoes and kissed his forehead in response.
“Now, I don't know if you've noticed – although knowing you, you have done – but I am pretty much walking around in my underwear, and it's freezing, so I shall go back to the bed and be weird again.” I smirked, crossing one leg over the other as the feeling of the bubbles caused me to shudder and giggle. I leant forwards slowly, eyes shining, and licked the tip of his nose cheekily before wheeling round and rushing back to the thick, bouncy mattress, and flopping dramatically over the entire width of the bed.
“Ahhhhhhhhhh.” I sighed dramatically, kicking my feet out in a steady rhythm.
“You coming?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:06 am

Leon laughed and rolled his eyes at Abby, then stretched his arms over his head and followed her to the bed. “You have way too much energy…” He complained jokingly, slapping the back of his hand to his forehead in mock weariness.
He collapsed onto the bed – not next to Abby, but rather straight on top of her. She was taking up too much space, anyway.
He shifted to rest his head on her stomach, and stared happily up at the ceiling – then he rolled his eyes upwards to meet Abby’s gaze, and a cheeky little smirk formed on his lips. He seldom seemed to be without that smirk nowadays.
“You really are weird.” He teased, chuckling softly. Bracing himself on his elbow, he lifted himself up, and hovered over Abby, grinning deviously at her. “What on earth should I do with you, huh?” One eyebrow quirked upwards suggestively at this apparently innocent question, and his grin shifted into that flirtatious smile of his that usually preceded trouble.
He shifted his weight onto his knees, and brushed Abby’s hair softly away from her face, fingers trailing over her cheek, then moving upwards to massage her ears.
He’d heard tell that any sensation in a person’s body could be instigated through their ears. If Abby got so giddy about a few little bubbles, he was curious to see how this little trick would affect her…
He lowered his head slightly, letting his fringe brush against her forehead, and his breath warm her lips.
“Well, my love…” He murmured, forming the words carefully to intentionally pull her attention to his lips - almost daring her to resist the urge to kiss him.
“I reckon it’ll be difficult to end tonight on a rise after that experience… ((The Jacuzzi)) But I think I know just the thing…” His eyebrows shifted suggestively, and his lips quirked an enticing smirk – encouraging her to make the obvious assumption on what his intentions were.
He left his lips slightly parted, inches from hers, and just as he felt the excitingly tense build-up to what might have been either a kiss or a slap, he sat up abruptly, grabbing Abby’s hand in the process to pull her with him.
“I reckon we should head down to Nettuno beach tomorrow. It’s supposed to be one of the best in Rome, and frankly I’ve not had time to visit a beach in years. I’m thinking some surfing – I don’t know much, but I’ll show you what I do, and I’m sure we’ll figure it out from there… Maybe a spot of diving, too. I’ve always wanted to try that.” ((I’ve said in this RP that he does know how to surf, and that he doesn’t – so the above is what I’m going with. Wink Haha! ))
He glanced towards Abby, then, and raised an eyebrow at her expression, a playfully wry smile on his face. “Why so surprised, Love? What the Hell were you thinking, huh?”
He winked at her and ruffled her hair – that devious expression still toying with his handsome face.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:29 pm

“Why thank you.” I grinned, coughing slightly as he flung himself on top of me, plonking his head ungracefully on my stomach. “At least I'm not normal. That would be horrifying...”
Wow, I was giddy. But from what? Was it really the bubbles, or was it Leon? Was it the fact that we'd sat naked in a jacuzzi together, or that he'd sung to me and done a stupid dance in the process?
Either way, I was happy and I didn't care if I looked odd or not. If it made leon smile, did it really matter?
I giggled once more for little reason other than the look on Leon's face was rather amusing. “What on earth should I do with you, huh?
I stuck my tongue out at him, watching his twinkling eyes cautiously. Of course, that look never spoke truthfully anyway. It always meant he was hiding something. What're you thinking, Mister Hunter? I thought with a sly smile, watching him wearily.
He stroked his fingertips over my cheek, brushed the hair out of my eyes and traced back to my ears, massaging them gently. It felt extremely odd, and my giddiness just caused me to giggle even more.
Did I have ticklish ears? That would make an interesting confession...
His head inched closer to mine, the tips of his fringe tickled my brow which only made me giggle more. I knew he was up to something, but I was too impatient to wait and find out what.
I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to poke his stomach until he fell onto the mattress and rolled around in fits of laughter. But his face was too far away, yet far too close... It was tormenting.
Let me kiss you, noobface. I want to kiss you...
Well, my love... I reckon it’ll be difficult to end tonight on a rise after that experience… But I think I know just the thing…
His lips were so close now, I honestly thought he was going to kiss me. I cocked my head upwards in attempt to reach them, but it was no use. Grumbling, I glared at him, daring him to waste another second on taunting me with his hot breath and parted lips. But right hen they were about the meet mine, he grabbed my hand and the next thing I knew I was upright, letting out a surprised squeal in the process, and stared at him, eyes wide. What just happened?
I reckon we should head down to Nettuno beach tomorrow. It’s supposed to be one of the best in Rome, and frankly I’ve not had time to visit a beach in years. I’m thinking some surfing – I don’t know much, but I’ll show you what I do, and I’m sure we’ll figure it out from there… Maybe a spot of diving, too. I’ve always wanted to try that.
I knew he was talking, and I knew he was saying something of vague importance, but I couldn't bring myself to listen to him.
He was going to kiss me. He was-
Ohhh... That was very clever.
I glowered at him, his handsome face moulded into a gorgeous, twinkling grin, his pearl-white teeth shimmering immaculately. He would pay for that. No questions asked, he would pay for that.
Why so surprised, Love? What the Hell were you thinking, huh?
“Hate I ever told you how much I hate you?” I asked matter-of-factly, grabbing his waist and shoving him back on the bed, toppling on after him. I showered him with wet, sloppy kisses, covering everything from his hair, to his ears, to his eyes to his chin. I grabbed the neckline of his pyjama shirt and yanked it down just enough so I could kiss his collar bone as well, then released it, bringing my attention back to his face. So I wouldn't have to see his smile I covered his mouth with my hand, my eyes narrowing.
“Revenge. Is. Sweet.” I murmured with an evil cackle, removing my hand and grabbing both of his. I knelt over him again like I had done a few times before, pinning him down, and held both hands above his head in a vice grip. I then took my free hand, raising an eyebrow playfully and slowly, very slowly brought it down on his arm pit, tickling it ferociously.
I lowered my face down and pecked his lips constantly to swallow his squeaky giggles, then released his hands and dug mine into the pieces of sheets between both sides of his head.
“Surfing sounds fun.” I agreed with a grin,as if the last couple of minutes hadn't just happened. “So does diving, although I can't help but notice both of these may well include me in a bikini.” I winked, kissing him briefly once more on the lips.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:02 pm

“Have I ever told you how much I hate you?” Abby asked, and Leon responded with a toothy grin – clearly rather proud of himself, and not in the least bit ashamed.
Before he could do any more than grin stupidly at her, she had pounced at him and pinned him down on the bed, smothering him with kisses. His facial muscles twitched ticklishly into a smile, and his shoulders shook slightly from muffled, silent giggles.
Clearly, he thought he had won.
But then Abby covered his mouth, uttered something about revenge, and then next thing he knew he was squirming helplessly and nearly suffocating from laughter as Abby tickled him with a savage fury.
“Stop it! I’m sorry!” He gasped between mad giggles, though the grin on his face clearly showed that he did not mean it.
“Have mercy!!” He begged, then cracked up into a fresh bout of raucous laughter as Abby continued to tickle him.
Finally, she laid off, and after kissing away the last of his giggles – left him gasping for breath with an utterly stupid grin on his face, which looked as though it might crack back into laughter at any moment.
“Surfing sounds fun.” Abby agreed, casually continuing the conversation from before, “So does diving, although I can't help but notice both of these may well include me in a bikini.”
Leon shook his head at her, and slowly hefted himself into a sitting position, wincing at the ache in his stomach muscles from all the laughter.
“Abby, Abby, Abby…” He tsked patronisingly, “Don’t be ridiculous. We’ll need to get wetsuits, or we’ll freeze. Besides…” His eyes twinkled mischievously, “It’s not like I need an excuse to see you in a bikini, Babe…”
He winked at her, then cupped her chin in his fingers, and delivered the kiss that he had withheld before.
“I love you.” He whispered, ruffling her hair sweetly. “Now let’s get some sleep. I checked the surf online, and we’ll have to be up early if we want to get to the beach in time to catch a decent swell.”
With a smile, he gave her one final peck, then reached for the light switch, and pulled the blankets over himself.
When the darkness fell, he slipped an arm automatically around Abby’s waist, his fingers gently swirling the light material covering her navel.
He was so relaxed that his eyes closed automatically, and with Abby close beside him, he welcomed sleep fearlessly.
Usually he suffered a moment of doubt – that illogical fear that he might never wake up – but not tonight. Tonight he was invincible, and he knew it well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:48 pm

((Sorry about that, poor connection Sad ))

“Of course. Silly me.” I pulled a face, raising an eyebrow at him. Because I knew him so well, I could almost see exactly what he was thinking. He was imagining me in a bikini, or worse, in nothing at all. It was right there, in that cheeky twinkle in his eyes. I wondered vaguely whether he knew how powerful I was in the position I was in...
Besides... It’s not like I need an excuse to see you in a bikini, Babe…
He kissed me. The cheeky sod kissed me purposefully to make sure I didn't argue with him. He knew me far too well.
I love you.
I know you do, asshole. That's why we're engaged, isn't it?
I glared at him, my smile surprisingly warm and loving compared to my thoughts. He ruffled my hair, which I accepted and let the strands stick up where they pleased. Leon mentioned sleep, and I grumbled sulkily as the light disappeared, toppling carelessly beside him and hugging the sheets greedily.
I shuffled closer towards him as his hand snaked around my waist, closing my eyes with a content smile. I let out a long sigh, rolled around so I was facing away from him, but happily let him lay as close as he wanted, listening to his soft breath in my ear, his beating heart.
I prayed it would stay that way for at least another night.
I yawned. In minutes I had drifted into a deep, comfortable sleep. Happy, because he was there. The soak in the jacuzzi had really tired me out...

My eyes fluttered tiredly open early he next morning, so early that the cool breeze from the night before still lingered subtly in the air. I yawned, then turned my heavy head over to Leon calmly. He looked so beautiful asleep... Shame I'd have to wake him.
I reached a hand over my shoulder and patted his cheek firmly. “Morning, sleeping beauty.” I teased croakily, kissing his nose.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:33 pm

((No worries, I can relate. Razz ))

Leon woke once in the night - drenched in cold sweat from a sudden fever. He lay there shivering for a while, feeling faint and dizzy, then finally convinced himself to get up and splash some cold water on his face. That helped a lot, and afterwards he took a couple of the pills that Doc Steadman had given him ages ago. With that, he felt almost normal again, so he was able to get to sleep for those final few hours before Abby woke him.
Though when she did, it felt all too soon.

He groaned and flapped his hand at her when she started patting his cheek, then mumbled an incoherent complaint at her teasing. When she kissed his nose, however, he was forced to wake. Feeling her lips so close to his was like smelling freshly cooked bacon. It was a temptation impossible to sleep through.
"Shush." He scolded grumpily, finally opening his eyes, and aiming a vicious peck at Abby's lips.
"I'm awake."
He groaned and hauled himself out of the bed, flashing Abby one quick smile before he started getting ready.

About a half hour later, they were ready to go, and headed outside to catch a taxi ride to the beach.
Leon went oddly quiet when they climbed in, and sat there nervously as the driver revved the engine.
When the car began to move, he cracked his window open, and stared outside, focusing on keeping his breathing steady. It didn't work, though. Every time a car darted past them, he would flinch, or sometimes jump right out of his seat if it startled him enough.
He was a nervous wreck, twitching and shaking with eyes stretched wide in incomprehensible fear.
He knew that he was being pathetic, but he couldn't help it. Every time he saw a car moving toward him, he was reminded of the cruel impact of the van's bumper sending him flying like a limp ragdoll through the air... It was not something he cared to remember.
After a short while of more feeble trembling, Leon forced his eyes away from the window and turned to Abby. He wrapped an arm around her, and held her close to him. He said nothing, because he was too proud to admit how terrified he was feeling, for no apparent reason - but he needed the comfort of her. Her warm body against his, the familiar scent of her... He drank it all in, closing his eyes and burying his face in her neck. Eventually, he began to calm down slightly.
The drive was an hour long. He honestly didn't know if he would make it.
He swallowed nervously, and his arms tightened around Abby, almost like a little child hugging a teddy bear after a nightmare.
He didn't know why he was so scared... There was no reason to be, really - but he couldn't help it. The fear - inexplicable as it was - paralysed him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Leon was oddly quiet during the taxi journey. He was jumpy, too, like a frightened rabbit locked in a cage with no way out, waiting to be skinned...
Whenever a car sped past us he would flinch, his wide eyes darting out the window. His arm around my shoulder would tremble violently, his armpit drenched with sweat, despite the chill in the air. I could do nothing but hold his hand tightly, lace his fingers in mine and try to assure him everything was going to be alright.
Bless him, that incident with the black van had really shaken him up, to say the least.
I leant against him when his head dug into my neck, resting my chin on the top of his head and kissing his hair.
He held me like he was holding on for dear life, like I was the ropes and harness keeping him from falling off the edge. I rarely saw him this scared, but in that situation there seemed to be nothing I could do but hold him, kiss him and shush him gently, then hope to my heart it would make a difference.
The radio was on in the taxi, since the driver had evidently decided one hour was too long to spend in an awkward silence, and I thanked him silently, grateful for the effort.
'What Makes You Beautiful' blasted through the tiny speakers beside the back seats, and I smiled to myself. It reminded me of the night before, Leon holding that remote and dancing stupidly in the water, singing that song to me. He made me feel special every time he looked at me like he had that night, with that adorable twinkle in my eye that made me want to kiss and punch him at the same time.
“Hey,” I said as the taxi rolled to the side of the road, where the beach and several buildings could clearly be seen from where we were. A sandy pathway snaked down from the road to the beach, a wooden sign pointing in the general direction towards the beach, the words 'sentiero pubblico' calved in followed by a walking stickman. I guessed it meant 'public footpath'.
“That's our song.” I teased quietly, ruffling his hair and kicking his foot to gesture for him to open his door.
“Grazie.” I thanked the taxi driver – pleased with the new addition to my tiny handful of Italian vocabulary – and squeezed Leon's hand reasurringly.
“It's alright. Come on, let's hit these waves whilst the day is still young, eh?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:15 pm

By the end of the drive, Leon had managed to calm down slightly, but he still kept his attention focused on Abby, rather than the scenery rolling by outside the windows. The trafffic nearer the beach was nowhere near as bad - so by the time they arrived, Leon was actually considerably relaxed, and even managed a weak chuckle when Abby pointed out the song on the radio.
"That it is..." He agreed quietly, smiling at her in a slightly distracted fashion.
He could still hear the car's engine roaring.
But when Abby kicked his foot, he jerked his attention back to the present, and darted gratefully out of the door - leaving Abby to thank the taxi driver. He took a few deep gasps of air, trying to calm himself, and stop feeling utterly sick. It worked, thankfully, and by the time Abby arrived at his side, he had prepared a feeble smile for her.
“It's alright. Come on, let's hit these waves whilst the day is still young, eh?” She suggested, and Leon nodded amiably in agreement, mumbling something incoherent. He let her take his hand, and walked with her toward the little 'Shore Stores' near the beachfront.
"I'll never get used to that..." He muttered with a shudder. It was obvious he meant the drive - he didn't even have to say it.
"I feel so stupid." He laughed awkwardly, "I mean, it's just a f**king car. I've only been in one, like, every day of my life." He rolled his eyes at himself, then grumbled mutinously under his breath until the reached the first store. Then he decided to let it go, and glanced over the brightly coloured wetsuits with an eager smile.
"Which one d'you want?" He asked, elbowing Abby in the ribs. He selected a plain black one for himself, then had a look at the surfboards.
"Probably best to rent." He decided after a while, "Otherwise we'd have to get them back to the hotel room, and then on the plane..." He sighed at the mere thought of the effort, and turned back to Abby with a bright smile.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:46 pm

I'll never get used to that. I feel so stupid... I mean, it's just a f**king car. I've only been in one, like, every day of my life.
Leon kept talking about the car journey as we reached the shops, and i could only lean into him and hold his hand. For not the first time, I felt hopeless. Getting hit byacar had really traumatised him, and yet it seemed nothing I did would be enough to calm him.
I was glad at the subject change once we were in the surfboard-hiring place and I eyes the wetsuits curiously. They were certainly... Interesting shades.
I picked out a navy blue suit, slung it over my shoulder, then followed him to the surfboards.
Probably best to rent.” Leon concluded after a moment of thought. “Otherwise we'd have to get them back to the hotel room, and then on the plane...
I nodded in agreement. It was true, there was simply no point in spending so much money to have to rail around with something so big and lumsy to carry. With the two of us on the plane, it wouldbe a total disaster, and they'd probably end up missing anyway.
Yes. Renting sounded good.
I picked a simple, bright red board and wandered to the changing room to change into my wetsuit. I appeared minutes later,my hair up in a bun, and stared at Leon witha nervous, but extremely excited grin, board hooked under my arm. It was literally asking for it to hit someone in the face, or knock something over.
“Right then. Let's do it!”
I realised the use of his words the night before when talking about the jacuzzi and not wearing anything, the embarassment in Leon's face. I was suddenly far too proud to correct myself.
God, I was turning into him.
I cocked my head as I headed towards the door, opening out my hand for him to take it.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:03 pm

When Leon met up with Abby again, both were clad in wetsuits, and armed with rented boards. He snickered at her word use, rolling his eyes and grabbing her hand to drag her toward the sea. "Come on then, slowpoke." He teased, winking at her and darting forwards into the sea.
If he didn't have some momentum going into it, the cold water would probably chase him straight back out again. Wetsuits helped to keep a person warm - but they didn't protect from the initial shock...
He gasped when the cold struck him, teeth instantly beginning to chatter, and stood in the water - clutching his board like a lifeline.
"S-s-so... C-c-cold..." He muttered through freezing shivers.
It took a while, but eventually he became accustomed to the temperature of the water. Then he swallowed thickly, and positioned himself on the board - lying on it to swim out to the swell.
"Come on." He called back to Abby - acting like a boss now he'd overcome the dreaded cold. "You won't catch any waves waiting around there."
He winked at her, then turned his attention back to the swell. He could see an awesome wave shaping up on the horizon...
He glanced once towards Abby, then shrugged and decided to take it anyway.
Hey, she could use a demonstration, right?
With an eager grin on his face, he positioned himself for the wave, timed it carefully, and caught it at the last minute.
Once he had found his balance kneeling on the board, he stood carefully, and skimmed along the length of the wave - letting it carry him.
He was tense, and a little nervous and clumsy - but it surprised him that he remembered how to surf at all! Learning had not been easy...

Once he had ridden the wave as far as it would take him, he pulled out, and swam back out to Abby.
He floated up to her, and heaved himself up to sit on the board, panting and grinning stupidly.
"Cool, huh?" He asked, not bothering to conceal his obvious pride.
"Want me to show ya?"

((I've never taken a surfing lesson, but I know lots of people who have... All the same, I have NO idea of the details, so forgive my inaccuracies. Smile ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:37 pm

((It's alright, youknow more than me. The closest to surfing I've experienced is that from TV. Wink ))

“A-a-alr-right s-smart a-a-arse...” I stuttered, rubbing my freezing arms and clutching the board for dear life. The sea was so vast, so violent. Yet the sun was out. It was crazy.
Teeth chattering, I waddled through the water until it reached my waist, grabbed the board and climbed shakily on. It rocked threateningly at first until I found my balance, but eventually I caught the gist and was able to paddle on after Leon until we reached the proper waves. I was far too new to even think a bout standing up on the board, and so let myself float backwards to give Leon the space.
Funny, I hadn't expected him to be able to do it so well, or at all, really. But hey, he had to have wanted to do this for a reason, right?
I watched him as he shakily stood on the surf board and remained balanced as the impact of the wave pushed him forward. He was concentrating greatly on keeping upright, I could tell, but he was succeeding. Quite well, I have to say.
Well, that was hope-crushing. For me, anyway.
Want me to show ya?
“Are you kidding me?” I asked, laughing nervously. “No way would I be able to dothat...”
Oh, screw it. No point wimping out, now. I was already in the sea.
I swallowed, watching him float around, sat up on his board like it was his throne, a stupid grin on his face.
It was no good. He looked far too challenging. I couldn't turn that down.
“Alright, you're on.” I agreed, wobbling slightly as I tried to sit up like he was, but instead I nearly toppled into the water. I grabbed the sides of the board desperately, my eyes wide.
“But good look with getting me to stand. I can't even sit on this thing.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:24 pm

"You'll be fine." Leon assured her with a cocky grin, "You've got me, right?" He winked playfully at her, then paddled over to show her what he knew. "I've got to admit, it isn't as easy to learn as you'd think. I doubt you'll be able to stand today, honestly I'm shocked I still can!" He laughed, then shook his head and returned his attention to Abby.
"Right, so when you're swimming, you lie on the board, and use your arms at the sides," He helped her position herself on the board, showing her what he meant as he spoke. "If a wave comes and you don't want to take it, you grab the sides, lean your weight on the nose of the board and dive under. If you want to take one, well..." He grinned deviously, "That's why we're here, right?"
"You'll want to kneel..." He helped her up onto the board, holding onto it to help her balance herself. "So you paddle into position, and keel like that just as the wave reaches you. You want to catch it just before it breaks - then it'll carry you. You gotta put weight on the nose to accelerate and keep with the wave, but not too much or the board will flip over - and you don't want to get dumped, trust me. It sucks! You get sand EVERYWHERE!" He shuddered at the thought, then nodded toward a smallish incoming wave.
"Wanna give it a try?"
He offered an enouraging grin, and reached out to squeeze her hand. "I'll be right here." He assured her warmly.
Leon looked honestly happy. Obviously, he was enjoying this. It wasn't very often that he actually got to show Abby something new... It usually seemed to be the other way around.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:19 pm

I watched Leon's demonstration with a slightly nervous gulp, still wobbling on my board. It was surprising, really, how easy it was to slip on such a huge board.
Salt water trickled down onto my nose, my lips, my tongue, it's sour taste attacking my taste buds. I pulled a face.
I was so[i] going to regret this. I just knew it.
“[i]You'll want to kneel...
” I stared at his hand suspiciously for a moment, then shrugged to myself and took it, using it to balance myself properly onto the board. It was much easier holding his hand – as a lot of things were – but I'd have to let go at some point. Although I could tell, the minute a 2 inch wave rolled beneath the board I'd be in the sea quicker than anyone could say 'Indiana Jones'.
So you paddle into position, and keel like that just as the wave reaches you. You want to catch it just before it breaks - then it'll carry you. You gotta put weight on the nose to accelerate and keep with the wave, but not too much or the board will flip over - and you don't want to get dumped, trust me. It sucks! You get sand EVERYWHERE!
Oh dear.
I was screwed, then.
I clutched even tighter to the board, eyes wide. I was going to fall. I was so going to fall...
It was difficult, too, trying to keep my weight even everywhere. If I twitched towards one side, the entire board would rock and water would shower my hands. Luck probably wasn't going to be on my side today.
Wanna give it a try?” He asked my innocently, nodding towards an oncoming wave. “I'll be right here.
Yeah, like that made much of a difference.
I forced a smile, imagining the humiliating fate that was yet to come. And laid on my stomach, slowly but surely paddling into a position facing the beach behind Leon. I waited nervously for the small wave to lift the back of the board,waited for my cue to rise onto my knees.
The wave came, the board lifted. I tried to lean on the front of the board just slightly, like Leon had instructed, lifted onto my hands and knees...
I was doing it. I was actually surfing...
But before I could release my grip of the board, the wave cocked the board and I rolled off the side with a tiny squeak.

The water was incredibly blue beneath the surface...
Swallowing a sickening mouthful of sea water, I swam back to the water surface and took a huge breath. Well, that had been more than a bit embarrassing.
But I took one look at Leon, and simply burst out laughing. I paddled to my board, which had been driven forward a few meters due to the impact of the tiny wave and used it as a float to haul myself out of the water.
“That went well.” I smirked, brushing my soaked hair from my face. “Don't suppose youcould show me again, could you?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Leon watched fondly as Abby paddled out to meet the wave, and kept a sharp eye on her when she caught it - ready to dart over and grab her if she went under. Truth be told, he didn't expect her to stay on the board, and when she did - at least for a while - he was honestly impressed.
But inevitably the wave dumped her eventually, and then he swam out to meet her. She was above water before he reached her, back on her board, and she met him with a bright laugh.
He grinned in response, shaking his head in amusement.
"Good job, Babe." He congratulated, poking her shoulder playfully to upset her balance on the board, but not quite enough to make her fall. "For your first time, then was pretty impressive." He flashed that dazzling, toothy grin of his - the type that looked as though it only belonged on a magazine cover - then he floated over to Abby at her command, and showed her once again how to position herself on the board.
"I'd let you try it with me, to start with..." He said somewhat regretfully as he finished, "But I'm no expert myself - I'd be sure to fall." He laughed and shook his head, then reached out to ruffle Abby's hair. "Go on, try it again - here comes a big one." He nodded toward the wave building just behind them, and readied himself to meet it.

This wave was bigger than the last he had ridden, and as he sped along the side of it, he felt its power drawing him up and up... As his speed increased, Leon felt his balance falter, and the next thing he knew her was under the water - being tossed about by the wave, only to feel the jolt on his wrist that was the strap of the surfboard.
Once the wave had passed, he resurfaced, coughing and spluttering, and flopped onto his board like a drowned rat - spitting out mouthfuls of salty water.
"As I said..." He gasped when he could finally breathe again, "No... Expert."
He managed a lighthearted chuckle, then dragged himself out of the water to sit on his board, and turned his attention back to Abby, waiting to see what her next attempt would be like.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:55 pm

At first I refused to take Leon's praise seriously. I, for one, knew I'd failed that first time round. I mean, when did anyone surf perfectly the first time? But still... I'd not even managed to kneel. It showed how much balance I had.
Rolling my eyes, I shook my head at him, a smile teasing my lips. He was only complimenting me to be nice, obviously.
For your first time, then was pretty impressive.
In other words, it was crap.
Grinning at his attempt to make me feel better I held on the sides of the surf board, kicking my feet calmly underneath the water. Good thing I was a better swimmer, otherwise this whole thing would be a nightmare. It'd include Leon having to haul me up from underneath the water every time I fell, which eventually result in him catching a cold or something, which could turn serious.
Yeah... Knowing how to swim is good.
Go on, try it again - here comes a big one.
I followed his gaze to the next wave rolling towards us, increasing in size every second. I raised an eyebrow. How long would I last with that? One second? Two?
Still, it would be rather amusing, and Leon looked like he was doing to give it a try too, so at least if I failed, he wouldn't be watching me, but concentrating on himself.
I followed behind him, swimming to the wave on my stomach, then slowly pulling myself up and letting the impact of the wave lift me upwards.
I took one breath... Two...
But before I could let go again, I toppled forward off my board. It didn't take me long to resurface, and Leon had also fallen so again, he didn't see me. I doggy-paddled away from the wave, my dark hair plastered over my face, and hovered for a moment, waiting for him to catch up.
As I said... No... Expert...
I giggled, pulling myself onto my board once more and watched him choking, cocking my head fondly.
There were times when I wondered how he did it, being so reckless when he was so dangerously ill, yet he didn't seem to care in the slightest.
“You really are a noob.” I murmured, slipping off my board so my feet were sunken into the sea bed, reached up and kissed his cheek. “Stay here for a bit. Get your breath back,”
I floated back round and pulled myself back onto the board. Then I turned my head with a teasing smirk and added “Grampa.”
I stuck my tongue out cheekily at him and began paddling so he couldn't catch up to me, not too bothered about the waves. I paddled and paddled until all I could hear besides the soft, crashing waves was silence.
Another medium wave crawled sneakily towards me, not giving me much time to think, and so I quickly pulled myself onto my knees, waiting for the wave's impact to take effect. But I'd overestimated it's size and speed, and before it had even reached me it began to shrink, and skimmed my board by several feet. Unsure of what to do, I floated around on my knees, looking around for another wave, but they were all too faraway.
I glanced around for Leon, but his head was as small as an ant in leaf-litter. If I shouted, he probably wouldn't hear me.
Grumbling, I tried to shakily lay back down on my stomach, but I became unbalanced and toppled into the water.
Usually, this would be no problem, but I was so far out, and the ground had disappeared beneath my feet. Panicking, I kicked my feet madly to reach the top, but I had already tired myself out. I grabbed my board desperately, spitting out a mouthful of sea water. Suddenly the silence wasn't quite as blissful as before.
I tried to kick forward, but my board was too big and the water caused me to bob dramatically up and down. It took me a few moments to realise I was actually moving out, instead of towards the shore.
“Cra-ap...” I choked, trying to raise an arm to wave at Leon. I needed help. I couldn't do this on my own. I was stuck.
Help me...

((Don't ask. I didn't plan this at all. Had no reasons in mind, Abby is just stooopid and forgot how to swim Cool And thought we needed a bit of action again Razz))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Leon gasped as though deeply offended, and shot back in a voice high from indignation, “Shut up!”
’Grampa’
Seriously?
He laughed despite himself and shook his head – doing his best to glare at Abby, but failing miserably, because his lips wouldn’t forsake their smile.

He watched her fondly as she swam out, but he didn’t follow. He really did need to catch his breath… For some reason, he couldn’t catch his breath as easily as he thought he ought to, and he felt oddly hot despite the cold water. He just hoped that blasted fever wasn’t coming back… That would just be annoying.

With an irritable huff, he glanced back toward Abby – only to frown in concern when he noticed how far she’s swum.
He called after her to come back, not to go too far, to be careful of the tide… But his voice was weak, and it got carried away on the sea breeze. She didn’t seem to hear at all.
I hope you know what you’re doing, Abbs…
He swallowed nervously, and frowned after her – wishing that she would just swim back…
But she was drifting further and further – getting much too far out.
He swallowed thickly, and shook his head – then lowered himself onto the board, and began swimming out to meet her.
He knew that was a bad idea – but he had to tell her to come back before she went any further.
Sure, the current couldn’t be that strong? He was a strong swimmer. It would be fine.

And this confidence lasted right until he reached her – but when he released a heavy sigh and sat up on his board, it vanished instantly.
A sudden flush of heat came over him, and tiny black dots obscured his vision, setting the world spinning around him.
It confused him, and for a moment he couldn’t breathe, and he didn’t know why…
Then he looked up, and saw the underside of his board just above him.
With a gasp of alarm that caused him to breathe in water, Leon scrabbled his way to the surface and slopped over his board – shaking his head like a wet dog, and coughing up mouthfuls of water.
He could feel the harsh coughing tearing at his lungs – and thus was not entirely startled when, by the third cough, he began bringing up blood.
His grip on the board went limp for a moment, but as soon as he began sinking, he scrambled up onto it, and straddled it – panting heavily and clutching the board like a cat caught in a flood.
“Abbs…” He said at last with a breathless chuckle, “I think you’re a tad too far out, Babe.”
He grinned at her and shook his head, but inwardly, his heart was pounding.
He was beat. His limbs felt like lead, and each breath hurt his lungs. He wasn’t sure he could fight the current all the way back to the shore… But he didn’t plan to tell Abby that.
Shrugging it off like it was nothing, he nodded toward the shore, and tugged Abby forward by the cord of her surfboard.
((Come to think of it – surfboards don’t have cords, do they? Only body boards… XD Ah well, these surfboards have cords, okay? Wink Shut up. XD ))

He kicked out strongly, and started swimming back against the current, giving Abby’s cord a tug every now and then to make sure she was keeping up.
After less than a minute had gone by, he was already tired – and the shore had barely grown any closer. A hopeless feeling weighed down on his already tight chest as a truth he didn’t want to know about accosted him cruelly.
He was not well. He was not fit. He was not strong.
He actually… couldn’t do this. No matter how hard he tried, he just… Wasn’t capable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Leon's tiny head slowly began to grow in size as he swam towards me, and I lett out a long sigh of relief. It was alright. He would just pull me towards the shore so the current wasn't as bad. I knew I was stupid, I'd learnt my lesson.
But what if he got stuck, too? Then we'd both be screwed. No one else was on the beach yet, as it was still early in the morning. If we both died out here, it would take several hours for the guy at the surf-rent place to notice we'd gone and at least another hour for them to find our sunken bodies at the bottom of the ocean.
I gulped nervously.
Leon appeared about a meter or so from me, looking unsurprisingly shattered, and began to pull himself into a sit. I opened my mouth to warn him to be careful, but before any words left my blue lips he toppled into the water.
Leon!
I clutched my board desperately, wishing I had the courage to let go and look under the water to see if I could see him. But I could feel my legs weakening beneath me the harder I tried to hold myself above the water. If I let go I wouldn't have the strength to swim to the surface again,whatever happened, and I'd sink to the bottom.
Instead, I spun around madly, eyes darting over the water's surface surrounding me, and prayed to my heart that he was alright.
“Leon-”
He sprouted out of the water with one huge breath, clasped his own board and began coughing and spluttering violently. I watched him helplessly, unable to do nothing but wince as blood splashed onto his wet board.
This was my fault. If I hadn't gone so far out this wouldn't have happened. Why had Leon insisted to save me himself? Why hadn't he gone and asked the surf guy for help?
Abbs...” Leon chuckled weakly.”I think you’re a tad too far out, Babe.
I regarded him with an apologetic smile, shifting my grip on the board. His grin didn't help, because it just showed he was trying to hide the fact that he wasn't well in hope that I'd believe him. But it wasn't working. However, when he began kicking forwards and tugging the cord of my board firmly to keep it close behind him, I did not object. I was far too tired to speak, let alone anything else. So he could do what he liked.
But when he began to slow, I realised with a flash of horror that he wasn't strong enough. To swim, to pull me, or even to stay above water. I'd have to take over.
Coughing, I shakily pulled myself onto my board, laying flat on my stomach, and grabbed hold of his cord.
I could feel the sweat mixing unpleasantly with the sea water all over my face, but I refused to stop. The current wasn't quite as bad as it had been back there, so I had the easy job.
That didn't mean it was easy.
It took at least another three minutes of paddling furiously, whilst dragging him aside, until my board scraped against the wet sand of the shore. I shakily rolled off, not caring much about the sand that had now coated my front and rubbed into my hair and yanked his board onto the sand.
I crawled up the the safer ground, coughed, and dropped exhaustedly onto the wet sand.
Never again... Never again would I make such a stupid mistake again
“Geez...” I choked, sighing heavily, then spitting out a horrible mouthful of sand onto the ground beside me. “That was-s a b-bit s-s-stupid of-f m-m-me...”
It took me a couple of moments to realise I was still shivering, despite the warmth of the morning sun radiating down on us.
“Of-f y-y-you t-too...” I added, shooting him a cheeky, tired, but very grateful smile. “Th-th-thanks-s-s. Y-you know I-I-I Lov-v-e y-you right-t-t?”
I reached my hand out to his squeezing it weakly then dropping my head onto my arm. I wanted to sleep. I just wanted to sleep...
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Just as his strength faded away from him, and Leon began to think he was done for, a felt a pull assisting him through the water – and blinked through the blur of salt water to see that Abby had taken over his role – that she was now pulling him.
His relief was so great that he almost fainted – but he managed to keep it together, and concentrated on swimming on in an easy pace – still holding his own, but relying on Abby’s assistance to rest a little – in case he’d need to take over again later.

Each time he felt Abby tiring, he’d pull her for a few strokes – though he always faded fast, and Abby was forced to take over again.
When their boards finally grazed onto the sandy shore, both were utterly exhausted.
Leon didn’t even bother to get up. He just lay there on his board – waves lapping at his legs – and panted heavily, still coughing every now and then from the sea water irritating his lungs.
After a while, Abby began to speak – and though her words were mostly gibberish through the chatter of her teeth, her voice coaxed Leon into action.

He sat with a groan, then turned his head sideways and pounded a hand against his ear.
Without the seawater muffling his hearing, Abby’s voice became clear.
“That was-s a b-bit s-s-stupid of-f m-m-me...”
Leon nodded mutely.
“Of-f y-y-you t-too...”
He nodded again.
“Th-th-thanks-s-s. Y-you know I-I-I Lov-v-e y-you right-t-t?”
He considered her a moment, then his lips mimicked hers, and he managed a warm, if tired, smile. It was just a tiny twitch of the lips – but he didn’t have the energy for much else.
“Shut up.” He advised in a slightly hoarse whisper – trying to talk around the rasping pain in his throat.
“I sh-should be thanking you, st-tupid.” His own teeth started chattering now – but he did not shiver quite as much as Abby did. He was burning up from the fever, and even the icy chill of shock didn’t ail him long.
He squeezed her hand in return – then finally became tired of the waves soaking his back, and dragged himself to his feet.
He staggered ungracefully toward drier, warmer sand – dragging his and Abby’s boards with him – and plonked them down in the sand.
Then he went back for Abby, dragged her unceremoniously to his spot, and flopped tiredly down.
Within a moment he had his arm around Abby’s shoulders, and he was rubbing her shoulder roughly to warm her up.
He honestly wasn’t sure where he’d found the energy…
“If I wasn’t scared of suffocating myself, I’d be kissing you right now.” He informed her factually, tightening an arm around her shoulders.
“Just saying.”

He cast her a glance, and managed a weak smile that showed more warmly in his eyes than his blue-tinged lips.
“You know what?” He murmured softly, and one corner of his mouth quirked upwards in amusement, “We could’ve just ridden a wave back to shore…”
Now why had that not occurred to him earlier?!
He laughed to himself, and shook his head.
“How’re you holding up, Babe?”

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:01 pm

I nodded obediently at his command to shut up, crossing my shaky arms and leaving my teeth to chatter freely without another word. It was probably best, anyway.
I sh-should be thanking you, st-tupid.
Although I didn't agree with him, because it had been my fault we'd both been out there in the first place. But I was too cold and far too tired to argue with him. Instead, I laid in the wet sand, feeling the cold sea tickle my feet as he squeezed my hand, then disappeared from view. Frowning, I realised how stupid I must have looked, laying on my stomach in wet sand, half in the sea, falling asleep as if I were warm in bed.
I had to do something. I had to get up.
But I got as far as my hands and knees, because Leon grabbed my waist and half dragged me up the beach to the dry sand. I tried to help, to get up and move my own backside, but my feet just brushed hopelessly against the pasty ground, until we both collapsed into the warmer patch, facing the sea. I leant tiredly against Leon as he pulled me towards him and rested my head on his shoulder.
If I wasn’t scared of suffocating myself, I’d be kissing you right now. Justsaying
I smiled weakly, a welcome feeling of warmth trickling through my insides, giving me a droplet of energy to want to kiss him, too. Except I didn't because by the look of his lips, he wouldn't feel it. Neither would I, to be fair.
You know what? We could’ve just ridden a wave back to shore…
A bark of laughter escaped my cold lips before I could remember how tired I was, and I shook my head in amusement. That sounded like such a good idea, come to think of it. Although I didn't intend on going back in there for a long while.
When he asked me how I was, I simply shrugged and dug my face into his neck. I was met by strangely warm skin, compared to his blue lips, and frowned. Leon was still wet, and his wet suit couldn't possibly be that good at warming him up so quickly. So why was he so warm?
Brow furrowing slightly, I shrugged again and shook my head. “F-fine, but I-I could d-do with a good n-nap. And, p-possibly, a good old It-italian hot chocolate w-with whipped cream and marshm-m-mallows.” I winked at him, remembering his comment about my sweet tooth. I'd usually go with ice cream, but due to my current body temperature I didn't see that as a very good idea.
“B-better question-n. Are y-you alright? Y-you've got a b-bit of a temperature...” I pressed the back of my hand against his forehead to demonstrate, then nodded to myself to confirm.
“Perhaps w-we should l-leave it at that f-for a while.” My frown deepened slightly. “Tell you wht, why don't we g-go back t-to the hotel and have some b-brunch?” ((In case you don't have it where you are, it's a late breakfast that you have in stead of lunch, at around 11 or 12, can bejust a fry up or a full cereal-toast-eggs-fruit do Wink ))
“Come to think of it, I'm quite hungry...”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:29 pm

((We have brunch. XD I always eat brunch, because breakfast is too early... And if we didn't have it - I watch How I Met Your Mother... Razz Haha! ))

Leon chuckled fondly at Abby's 'sweet' suggestion, and somehow managed to find the energy to plant one brief peck on her cheek. "Sounds good..." He murmured - but Abby wasn't listening. She was feeling his face.
He raised an eyebrow at her, pretending to be questioning, but in reality, he knew what she was doing. Just because he couldn't really feel the fever, didn't mean it wasn't there.
“B-better question-n. Are y-you alright? Y-you've got a b-bit of a temperature...”
"Mm." He grunted, shrugging, "I've been feverish since this morning - but I'm drugged up, so it doesn't matter. At least I can talk without sounding like a chicken on a bumpy road..." He paused a moment, frowning slightly, and added in mock horror, "Good lord, that was terrible, maybe we should worry about me..." He slapped the back of his hand to his forehead dramatically, and was actually a little surprised at how hot he was. It was pretty bad...
“Perhaps w-we should l-leave it at that f-for a while. Tell you what, why don't we g-go back t-to the hotel and have some b-brunch? Come to think of it, I'm quite hungry...”
He shook his head with an irritable huff, and his reply came out sharper than he'd intended, "No." He snapped, and before he could stop himself, a glare crept over his handsome face, and he continued, "You always do this! I said I'm fine, so back off. I don't need to 'leave it at that'. Why the Hell can't we finish what we started for once? There's places to eat around here." He swung his arm out to gesture vaguely to the stores along the shoreline, "I'm not stupid, Abby." He growled, and he was shocked by the anger in his own voice, to say that he was not even slightly annoyed at Abby. "I know you're just trying to send me back to that f**king hotel because you're 'worried' about me," He gave the word a sarcastic sneer, "And frankly, I don't appreciate being treated like I'm made of glass."

He didn't know where it had come from, but frustration was burning hotly within him - hotter even than the fever - and he clambered to his feet before he could say anything he'd really regret.
Turning his back on Abby, he stormed off down the beach - his breathing heavy and shallow as he tried to catch the temper he'd lost.
The truth was, this frustration had been boiling beneath the surface for a long time, waiting to be let out. Anger with himself, his fate, his weakness... And frustration for the fact that he had just taken all that out on Abby - who was the last person he wanted to suffer for it.
He felt terrible, and that just made him want to rave and shout all the more.

((Well, somebody's PMSing. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:33 pm

((Aha good. Just though I'd mention it so I didn't look like a noob ^_^ ))

No.
I flinched at the word. I'd probably heard Leon say it plenty of times before, but the harshness in his tone made my heart stop - just for a moment. The tiny smile playing on my chattering lips vanished. Something told me this wasn't going to be good.
You always do this! I said I'm fine, so back off. I don't need to 'leave it at that'. Why the Hell can't we finish what we started for once? There's places to eat around here.
My teeth had stopped chattering, but I was still shaking from the cold. Not only from the cold of the beach, either.
What had gotten into him? Why had his mood changed so quickly? Had I said something?
I hugged my knees tightly, feeling suddenly very small. His voice was getting harsher and harsher, his eyes were hard as stones and I no longer felt comfortable sitting so close to him. His hot skin didn't help with the mood, either. I looked down, clenching my jaw. Back off... Back off?
Did that mean I'd got in his way? I mean, yes, I was his fiancée. It was my job to worry about him, but not to get in his way. That was certainly not what I'd intended to do.
I'm not stupid, Abby. I know you're just trying to send me back to that f**king hotel because you're 'worried' about me. And frankly, I don't appreciate being treated like I'm made of glass.
I watched him in disbelief as he scrambled to his feet and turned away form me, storming off down the beach. My mouth was open in a confused, questioning call, but no sound escaped my lips. What he'd said was he beyond words.
What had I done?
What the Hell had I done?
He'd said 'worried' as if he didn't believe I ever was about him. He'd said 'I'm not stupid' as if I'd been treating him like he was.
I felt sick.
“Leon...” I muttered, but it couldn't have been loud enough for him to hear. I was lonely without him by my side. I felt... Vulnerable. I felt exactly the way I had when he'd been stuck in a coma for that agonising week.
I didn't deserve this. For once, I actually didn't deserve any of this.
Clenching my jaw to keep the lump in my throat out of the way, I forced my shaky self to my feet and half jogged, half stumbled on after him. No way was he getting away with that. Not without an explanation, at least. He'd seemed fine until that very moment, so what could possibly have changed?
“Leon!” I shouted, more forcefully now, and leapt in his path. “What the hell was that all about? Hey! Look at me.”
I realised my tone, somewhat mirroring his, would not get the situation anywhere, so I forced myself to calm down. It worked, a bit... “Tell me, what did I do? Did I worry about you too much?Notice when you're not okay? Well I'm sorry.” I emphasised the words with a similar sarcasm he'd used to snap at me the first time. “In fact, no, I take that back. I'm not sorry. I never will be. D'you know why? Because I'm your friggin' fiancée, that's why.”
I gestured to my ring finger dramatically, then realised with a flush of shame that I'd taken it off when we'd got into our wet suits so that I wouldn't loose it in the sea. Coughing awkwardly, I decided to carry on as if nothing had happened.
“Am I in your way, is that it? Is that why you want me to back off? Because if that's really how you feel, I want to hear it. Tell it to me straight.” I forced my eyes to meet his gaze and opened my arms out pointedly. “Am I being too empathetic? Do you want me to tell you to suck it up and get over the fact that your dying?”
It was no use. I was going off on one, now. Goodness knows where it all came from. Probably from the fact that I knew I didn't deserve all he'd said to me. But he didn't deserve this, either.
“Or are we spending too much time with each other? Perhaps you want a 'soulless slave' instead. If so, you should give Kate a call.” ((Ohh, Abby! Ouchiwawa XD))
I dragged my eyes away, guilt flushing over my cheeks. That last bit had dribbled out of my lips without having given it any thought. Having said that, so had most of it.
The problem was, maybe some of what I'd said was true. Maybe we needed to spend time away from each other. Take a quick break. We'd not left each other's sides for two months, beside that one week. It was a wonder we'd not got at each other's throats already.
I looked down at my feet, shoulders slumping in shame. I was far too cowardly to apologise to him now, after all that.
Well, might as well face the music.

((I couldn't decide whether she was going to be angry or upset and frail, so I let her decidefor herself Wink Make out of it what you wish ^_^))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:32 pm

”Leon!” Abby’s voice cut across his thoughts, just as she cut across his path. He snarled and tried to turn away, but her words jerked him back round to face her. “What the hell was that all about? Hey! Look at me.”
What was it about, huh…? Well, he hadn’t a f**king clue.
So he didn’t look at her. His eyes glanced over hers for a second, then he turned his head stubbornly away from her – cheeks burning with shame, but chin held high with a pride too strong to admit it.
“Tell me, what did I do? Did I worry about you too much? Notice when you're not okay? Well I'm sorry.”
“You should be.” He snarled incoherently in response, but her sarcasm washed his words aside, and she went on, oblivious.
“In fact, no, I take that back. I'm not sorry. I never will be. D'you know why? Because I'm your friggin' fiancée, that's why.”
His eyes flickered to the empty finger she presented him when she said this, and he noted the absence of the ring with perhaps more emotion than he ought to have.
He drew in a hiss of breath through his teeth, and looked away from that finger as though it were something obscene.
Logically, he knew she had taken the ring off to keep it safe.
Emotionally, he managed to convince himself that it had some deeper meaning. And the fact that she flaunted the ring’s absence hurt. It shouldn’t have – but it hurt.
“Please.” He scoffed, and he hated the sneering, unkind tone to a voice he barely recognised as his own, “What significance is there in a ring based on an empty promise? Anybody can commit for a couple of weeks, maybe a month. For all I know you’re only with me out of pity… Seems likely enough, doesn’t it, when all you ever do is try to keep me ‘safe’…”
He didn’t even know where the words came from. They were a load of utter rubbish – not a word of truth in the mix. Perhaps somewhere in the deepest, darkest corner of his mind, he had nurtured these fears – but he had never imagined that he would accuse Abby of things he himself did not even believe.
He didn’t believe a word of it – so why was he saying it? Even as he spoke, he felt the sting of his words. He didn’t want to say a thing… So why couldn’t he stop?!
“Am I in your way, is that it? Is that why you want me to back off? Because if that's really how you feel, I want to hear it. Tell it to me straight.”
Abby was not done, apparently, so Leon hushed with the silence of a sulky child to listen, and waited his turn to yell again.
“Am I being too empathetic? Do you want me to tell you to suck it up and get over the fact that your dying?”
“Empathy my ass…” He muttered under his breath, “You don’t have a clue what it’s like to be me…”
“Or are we spending too much time with each other? Perhaps you want a 'soulless slave' instead. If so, you should give Kate a call.”
Now that one really hit home. So much so that he didn’t even have a snappy retort. The shot had stung, and he felt something that could only be described as emotional bruising welling up in him.
So she thought she was spending too much time with him? She thought he should hook up with Kate instead?
Sure, he had been a jerk – but would she really cast him aside that easily? He just couldn’t believe it… Perhaps she’d just said it out of anger – no, she probably had – but it still hurt, and angry as he was, that hurt fed his fury.
“Well, maybe I will!” He snapped before he could think, lips pulling back in a snarl, and eyes searching hers greedily for a hint of the hurt that he had just felt.
“At least Kate wouldn’t try to wrap me in cotton wool every time I want to have a little fun. At least Kate would appreciate me!
Yeah, maybe you’re right, Abby. Maybe I should give Kate a call!”

His own words finally reached his ears as well as his lips, and the shock of them thumped him like a fist to the stomach. He couldn’t believe he’d just said that… The very thought of his hurtful jabs drained him and left him weak, and he struggled to steady himself on shaky legs as the shock slowly sunk in. He looked utterly horrified.
At last, he swallowed his pride, and his tongue darted nervously over his lips.
“I didn’t mean that.” He muttered quietly.
Then he sighed, and let his legs give way – sitting untidily on the ground with one leg drawn up to his chest, and the other stretched out in front of him.
“How the Hell did we get to this…?” He whispered, voice trembling violently as he thought back over the verbal blows they’d exchanged.
He might as well have slapped Abby in the face. It would probably have hurt left… He was a despicable excuse for a human being – that was what he believed at that moment. In a way, he was right.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:00 pm

I couldn't help it. Adrenaline was gushing violently through my veins, and before I knew it my fists were clenched tightly by my side. Never had I punched Leon in the face, or anywhere, in fact. I'd kneed him in the balls, but never punched him. Anywhere. But there was a first time for everything, no matter who you were.
At least Kate wouldn’t try to wrap me in cotton wool every time I want to have a little fun. At least Kate would appreciate me! Yeah, maybe you’re right, Abby. Maybe I should give Kate a call!!!
Appreciate him?
Appreciate him?
By... How? By being his little pleasure toy? A little accessory to add to his image with the Press? Someone to keep him going until next week?
Is that what he meant by being appreciative?
My fists slackened and tensed line at a time, working in a steady pulse. You could almost see the electrical sparks ripping through them, begging to be let out onto his face. That face, that beautiful face, wasn't half as beautiful when he was glaring at me like that. In fact, he looked pretty ugly with that sour expression. What had gotten into him? How could he really believe I didn't appreciate him, just because it mattered to me whether he was farther or closer to death than he was the day before? Could he seriously think Kate would make him feel better?
But before I could release my urges to send a fist flying ungracefully into his sleek, slightly toned face something in it changed; his eyes widened, his jaw grew slack and as if it wasn't already possible, his face went even paler. He looked utterly horrified.
I looked away from him. We'd both said some things just then that I could tell we both regretted, but I wasn't going to be the first to apologise. No way was I apologising. Not until I'd heard him first.
I didn't mean that.” He mumbled weakly, but I wasn't listening. Of course the douchebag didn't mean it. That was one reason why I hated him. What was the point of saying such things if you didn't mean them? It just made the situation worse.
Still, it was slightly reassuring to know that he wasn't really thinking of going to Kate for her 'appreciation'.
Leon disappeared from view for a moment, and for one heart-stopping second I thought he'd passed out. But not, he'd only sat back down in the warm sand, which I had wanted to do before until the asshole had stormed off like that. But now, I wasn't in the mood. I was awake – wide awake – and I wasn't done being angry. In fact,I was probably even angrier than I'd been when he'd forced me onto the bed that time.
Well, not quite, but I was pretty damn close.
How the Hell did we get to this…?
I looked away, still towering over him, shivering and teeth chattering like a frozen idiot. Perhaps warm sand was the better choice, but I wasn't ready to give in yet.
“You tell me.” I growled, ignoring his shaky tone. “You started it.”
Sniffing, I glanced down at my bare feet and kicked the sand sulkily. I was still feeling majorly guilty for what I'd said, but I was far too angry to apologise yet.
“Look. You were right, I don't know what it's like to be you. I don't know what it's like to watch the world go on like nothing's wrong whilst you're panicking to live the life you don't have long left to lead. But I worry about you because I care. I care when you nearly drown and start coughing up blood in the middle of the ocean, I care when your lips go blue because you're that cold then suddenly get a fever even thought you're in freezing water. If that makes me over-protective, then I'll admit, I'm over-protective. But don't even think about calling me unappreciative. Don't even go there.”
Taking a long, heavy breath, I took a few steps away from him and ran a hand through my soggy hair. There was a good question. How had we got to this? I mean, one minute we're fine then the next we're screaming insults in each other's faces.
Maybe I was right. Maybe we needed some time
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next