Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jaynehkins and Polokins again. :)

2 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jaynehkins and Polokins again. :) - Page 3 Empty Re: Jaynehkins and Polokins again. :)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 7:24 am

"I ain't kinda guy, Darlin'." Shaun drawled, grabbing a cowboy hat off the costume rack nearest him, and tilting it goofily over his mask. He laughed, then stuffed the hat onto her head and leaned against the wall next to her. "I don't expect you to believe me, but you can trust me." Shaun assured Amia, a smile in his voice. "I won't be so easily robbed of my sanity."
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Jaynehkins and Polokins again. :) - Page 3 Empty Re: Jaynehkins and Polokins again. :)

Post  Jayneh Tue May 24, 2011 8:05 am

((We must RP allllll day long! Razz I will miss role playing when I have to be away. *sobs*))

Amia raised a dark brow at him before shaking her head. "I see." She said softly.
When he stuffed the cowboy hat onto her head she glanced up at it with only her eyes and then tilted it up a bit so she could see past the brim, that way she could actually see to talk to him. (Holy run-on sentence. I do that a lot though. Embarassed )
Sighing softly she looked back over at Shaun, she still wanted to see the face behind the mask. For pete's-sake, why wouldn't he show her? Oh well, it was his choice. His choice to live hiding.
Then again she hid her feelings from almost everyone, everyone except Shaun. And after she told him how she felt she automatically felt naked, and bear. Maybe she was the only one who felt like that.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Location : 21 Second Star To The Right Street, a.k.a Neverland. ;) With Peter Pan my hubby. xP

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 11:40 am

((*Offers hug* I will, too!! I just got home - but now I'm all yours. Razz ))

"Hey." Shaun prompted, tilting his head slightly to one side. "What's eating you? You seemed far more cheerful at the party."
He slipped a pocketknife from his belt, cut a sliver of bread, and tossed it to her - then repeated the procedure for himself. The bread was stale, but it still tasted great to him. Anything tasted great when you were starving every day from dawn 'til dusk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Tue May 24, 2011 11:42 am

"Nothing," Amia replied, somewhat snappy. She caught the bread and bit into it. Shrugging when she felt it was stale. Oh well, it was food after all.
Watching him with close eyes she still wished he'd take that mask off. It was really bothering her. There couldn't be something that horrid behind it. Biting her lip slightly she brushed her hair from her face before leaning back against the wall.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Location : 21 Second Star To The Right Street, a.k.a Neverland. ;) With Peter Pan my hubby. xP

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 11:51 am

Shaun fell silent at Amia's snappy retort - somewhat stung. He was only trying to be nice, after all. He couldn't for the life of him think what he might have done to insult her so.
Ah, well. He was used to people acting this way toward him - it was nothing new.
He shrugged off his thoughts, then stood up - stretching his arms above his head and yawning widely.
"I'm taking a nap." He announced, "You can stick around if you like, or you can leave. Whatever you prefer."
But don't expect me to come running to save you every time. He added bitterly to himself.
This was a load of rubbish, of course. There was no way he'd let anything happen to Amia if he could help it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 12:11 pm

((*Pokes* I have more muse for this RP at the moment... :3 ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Tue May 24, 2011 12:34 pm

(*pokes* I don't... Sad))

Amia stood up and brushed the crumbs off her dress before pulling her cloak around her. "I'll be leaving. Thank you for the meal, I'll repay you as soon as possible." She said studiously before tying the strings around her neck. Then she proceeded to open the door and step out into the stale air. This wasn't a good idea, but she had to go home eventually.

((Yousa have an idea?))
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 12:52 pm

((Typical us. XD I'm sure an idea can be arranged. Smile ))

Shaun watched Amia as she left, feeling distinctly disgruntled. Where had he gone wrong this time - that people should walk away from him without even seeing his face?
Well, at least Amia hadn't run. That was an improvement.
He watched as she left, eyes tracking her progress down the stairs from his usual watchpoint at the window.
Once she was out of sight, Shaun lay back on the broken old mattress he had dragged into the costume store as a bed, and stared up at the ceiling. He wasn't tired any more now...

Meanwhile, a man watched from the shadows at Amia stepped daintily off the final stair. This man had once had a name, but he'd all but forgotten it, now. He'd not had use for it for years...
Tracking the girl with the eyes of a hunter, the Nameless man, signalled quietly for his 'tribe' to join him. They were the ones who had come from the desert only a weak ago. They wore naught but tattered loincloths, and in their hands they held spears - impregnated with the venom of the rattle snake.
Nameless spoke in a foreign tongue to his clansmen, and together the group approached Amia - following her silently from shadows.
Since the apocalypse, it had been survival of the fittest. Nameless had been the first man to dispose of his name and scruples, and turn from man to beast - living through cannibalism and savagery. The group who accompanied him now were all that remained of the desert people. The only ones cruel and desperate enough to follow Nameless's horrific example.
As they followed Amia, they did not see a fellow human, or even a woman. No... What they saw was their prey - a walking, talking meat dispenser, full of succulent steak and tender flesh...

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Tue May 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Amia walked down the dark street, it got too dark, too early now. Huffing slightly to herself she pulled her cloak around herself a bit tighter and brushed her hair out of her face.
Glancing up she bit her lip when what looked like storm clouds were gathering around her. Just great, she'd have to walk home in the rain. She stopped to think about turning back for a minute. Sighing she decided that it was a shorter walk back to Shaun's then it was to her own house. Turning around she then stopped. Eyes widening in horror she swallowed thickly. Shaking her head as if she could ward off her followers she stumbled backwards in an attempt to get away.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 1:14 pm

When Amia noticed them, the predators sprang. Their leader gave a plangent yell - the melancholy bugling of his voice echoing over the empty streets. As one, the hunting party raced forwards - their lean, muscular limbs stretching and pulling them over the ground in great, animalistic leaps.
"Sleet 'er throat!" Nameless called in a thick accent, hurling his spear at Amia. It missed, landing in the cracked tarmac inches from her feet.
But it was enough to excite the rest of the part, and they leaped at Amia like starving wolves, slavering at the jaws.

Shaun, meanwhile, had heard the commotion, and sprang to his feet instantly. From his window, he saw nothing that brought cause for worry. But that strange call had frightened him, and he found himself worrying about Amia.
Grabbing his plastic scythe, Shaun darted out the door, and slid down the banister to the floor - deciding not to jump out of the window this time.
He heard whisperings coming from several alleyways that he passed, but nothing came for him. It was as though they feared something... The people's absence struck him as ominous. A curse, rather than a blessing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Tue May 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Amia let out a shallow scream before her breath was stolen away from her. Gasping when she hit the cement flat on her back. "Lemme go!" She screeched, only imagining what savage men like these planned on doing to her. Her eyes widened when she felt a wet slimy tongue slid up her arm. Yanking it away she flailed her arms and legs the best that she could. Now she knew she really shouldn't have gone home. But what were they going to do? Rape her in the middle of the street?
She thought not! Trying to gather all the strength she could find, mixed with the little bit of adrenaline she kicked and squealed.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Nameless slid his finger slowly over his throat in a silent gesture, and the rest of his posse guffawed stupidly, holding Amia down tighter the more she thrashed. One man was struck by one of her flailing feet, and he fell backwards, howling and clutching his bleeding jaw.
Without a second thought, Nameless thrust his spear through the man's heart. The howl died on his lips, and he twitched once, then was still.
"No space for weakness!" Nameless bellowed, "Nothing soft! Kill girl - and tonight we eat like kings!" He jerked his spear out of the bloody corpse, and thrust it into the sky, uttering a victorious ululation. It was echoed by his clansmen as they redoubled their efforts to hold the girl, one fumbling clumsily with a blade near her throat.

And it was at that moment that Shaun arrived on the scene, panting loudly. Nameless turned and looked at the newcomer with a shocked expression, his eyes taking in the frightening mask.
"What you?" He demanded, raising his spear threateningly.
"I am your worst nightmare..." Shaun growled in response, his words sounding dramatic and monstrous behind the gas mask.
"This my kill!" Nameless stated, pointing toward Amia. "You - stranger - leave!"
"This is my territory." Shaun growled in response, "All prey here is mine!" He bashed a fist to his chest to demonstrate, "Mine!"
"Then we fight you for it beast-man!" Nameless replied with an angry roar, calling his fellows to leave the girl and come to his side.
Shaun bounced his weight quickly from foot to foot, hoping desperately that he could outrun these men for long enough to outsmart them. His intelligence was certainly superior, but the hunting party was lean and muscled...
He just hoped that Amia would have the good sense to get somewhere safe.
Now, for the first time, he realised how pathetic a form of defense his plastic scythe was.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Tue May 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Amia let out a small whimper when she heard Nameless murder the other man. Gulping her eyes widened when she heard the words of the savage. "No-No no please!" She begged trying to scramble away.
That's when she heard Shaun's deep groggy voice. Her head shot up and she ended up head butting a man that was leaning over her. "Sh-" She squeaked before the knife was pressed closer to her neck. This was impossible.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 1:47 pm

"Leave it!" Shaun growled, pointing at Amia, "Or I shall cut you down where you stand!" He thumped his plastic Scythe dramatically against the ground, and Nameless shifted uncertainly. He shouted to his men in a foreign tongue, and they reluctantly released Amia - obviously confident that they could catch her again.
Shaun drew himself up to his full height, squaring his shoulders and attempting to make himself as intimidating as possible.
Run, Amia! He begged silently, wishing that she could hear his thoughts. Please... Run!
And at that moment - he did just that. He spun on his heel, and sprinted in the other direction. With howls of fury at having been deceived, the savages bolted after him - though those that still had some sense turned the other way, and began prowling toward Amia.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 am

Amia watched Shaun with uncertain eyes. What was he doing? They could rip him to shreds. Drawing in a quick breath of air she was relieved when they all left her. Scrambling to her feet she glanced around trying to decide which way to run. Before she had decided three of the men turned around and growled at her. Shrinking down inside herself slightly she whimpered. When they dashed towards her she lifted the hems of her dress to a least above her knees and made a run for it. Every breath seemed to grow harder and harder to find from this stale air. But she kept on running. Glancing back every so often to see how far behind her they were.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed May 25, 2011 6:56 am

Shaun dashed with burning lungs through the streets, dodging his pursuers by means of tricky shortcuts, or obstacles. His one advantage was that he knew the area like the back of his hand... They, on the other hand, didn't know it at all.
He only hoped that Amia would be safe... They were each on their own now.
As he spun around a corner and raced down another alleyway, Shaun decided to stop and rest. He assumed that he had lost his pursuers, though he wasn't sure... Either way, he needed to rest. And rest he did, until such time as he could breathe again. Then, he crept slowly out of the alleyway, checking all around for potential threats.
Nobody
He thought smugly to himself, his back straightening slightly in satisfaction. I lost them.
Yet still, he proceeded with caution - taking all the back alleys and secret routes he knew of as he searched for Amia.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed May 25, 2011 7:01 am

(Mees thinks that Amia should be some really weird creature. xD Maybe not.)

Amia continued to dart away from the men. Soon enough they had come upon more prey that wasn't running. She looked over her shoulder to see them attacking an older gentlemen. She closed her eyes for a split second before moving faster. Finally her legs were so shaky she had to stop running. Gasping for air she sunk to her knees in an abandoned alley way. Maybe they wouldn't come after her now. Closing her eyes she tried to relax at least a little. A loud scream broke her thoughts and she planted her hands over her ears. She didn't want to hear any of this.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed May 25, 2011 7:14 am

((Maybe. Razz It sounds like a cool plan. I sometimes REALLY struggle with the supernatural, though. O.o So it would either go very well, or my muse would die and kill the RP. XD Haha!
Aaaah, yet another of these great risks! Rolling Eyes ))

Hearing a loud scream nearby, Shaun leapt into the open - completely without thinking. He saw the savages - perhaps three of them - tearing at the desperately flailing form of an old man.
He couldn't watch this...
Without a second thought, Shaun flung himself at the nearest desert-dweller, linking his hands around the man's throat and clinging there like a money. The other savages stared blankly as their companion slowly suffocated - lost and clueless without instruction. Finally, Shaun's victim fell dead at his feet, and then the others reacted. With cries of fury, they flew at him - but their movements were ungainly and disorientated. They were the weakest members of the group, and were already nearing the first stages of starvation. He could take them.
The first one ran at him, jabbing forward with the spear - but Shaun dodged it, then wrenched it from the man's hands, and ran it through the heart of his next attacker. The man gawped at him, and Shaun stared back - shocked by the bright red blood gushing from his chest.
Slowly, he collapsed to the ground - twitching and dying - and still, Shaun stared.
Then, before he'd caught his bearings, the other savage was behind him. Shaun felt the unmistakable sensation of a heavy rock crashing into the back of his head. Stars exploded before his eyes - then his vision faded to black, and everything was still.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed May 25, 2011 7:19 am

((Lets mix it up a little bit..... Razz If the supernatural stuff doesn't work we can change it back.))

Amia heard several grunts and groans. She crept out of the alley way and to the street. There was again Shaun. Gulping she took a deep breath. Slowly her hand reached up towards the little necklace that adorned her neck gracefully. The tiny heart glinted and she pressed her thumb to it. Closing her eyes her body twitched several times before she transformed...
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed May 25, 2011 7:23 am

((Cool. XD *Rubs hands together excitedly* ))

Shaun lay limp and motionless as the savage prodded nervously at him, muttering to itself in its own language. It didn't trust Shaun - the masked monster man... But as it prodded again and again, and Shaun still did not react, it began to gain confidence.
Sinking talon-like fingernails into his flesh, it tore at his neck - trying to rip the tender meat away from the bone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed May 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Amia let out a hiss and long fangs grew from her month. Her hands turned into a type of claw and she pounced toward Shaun's attacker. Quickly she ripped the man off, another hiss escaping her mouth. Digging her claws into his flesh rapidly she smiled down at the man wickedly. Eyes turning an eerie shade of red she glared down at the man before whipping him up off the ground and hurling him through the air.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed May 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Shaun groaned and began to stir - his hand leaping instantly to his neck, where a stinging pain warned him that he had been wounded. His gloved fingers did nothing to stem the flow of the blood, and it trickled - hot and thick - over his wrist, and down his arm. He felt faint - and as he realised that he had very nearly been eaten alive, he suddenly felt sick as fell. Hauling himself clumsily onto his hands and knees, Sloan retched violently, but he caught himself before he could be sick - drawing in long, deep breaths to steady himself.
He could not take off the mask.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed May 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Amia turned and clutched the necklace again before her body shook violently. She then straightened back up and tossled her hair a bit. Scurrying over to Shaun she dropped to her knees hoping he hadn't seen her. "Shaun!" She gasped, trying to pretend like she hadn't seen anything happen. She ran a hand through his hair before clutching his arm. If he would let her, she could try to heal him. At least a little.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed May 25, 2011 1:47 pm

((GAH! *Slaps self* I knew I'd end up mixing up Sloan and Shaun at some stage. XD ))

"I'm okay." Shaun managed, taking in deep, rattling breaths. He felt his mouth filling with blood - but since he couldn't spit it out with his mask on, he was forced to swallow it instead. The sickly-sweet, metallic taste flooded his senses, and for a moment Shaun was overwhelmed by nausea, and collapsed weakly against Amia. "What... Happened?" He murmured unsteadily, "Why'm I alive?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Wed May 25, 2011 1:49 pm

"Shaun, you need to close your eyes." Amia told him somewhat urgently. She wanted to heal him the best she could, but he couldn't see this. And if he didn't see it maybe it wouldn't be as painful.. She hoped at least. Taking a deep breath she hoped he would follow her command.
Jayneh
Jayneh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next