Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play Empty Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Woopdeedoo. Posted. XD Nothing to put on it just yet, but it's a start. Wink
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play Empty Re: Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play

Post  Batcat Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Never mind the pm then xD So, how 'bout Kelli and her yet to be named twin have just moved to town and they meet Laiko at an animal shelter or something? I want a doggeh in here *twitches*
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play Empty Re: Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Sure, Vegetable. Smile Sounds good. XD

Just make sure you come up with something VERY interesting and exciting to get my creative juices flowing! Very Happy A base plot to work off of would be nice. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 pm

*twitches* Vegetables are healthy! *chucks carrot at Polo*

*sighs* I shall get right on that Mistress Pollo.... xD
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:02 pm

“-and that is why I don’t ever want to move.” The last line of Kelli’s last essay repeated in her brain, taunting her from every syllable. The assignment and the event had been a pure coincidence. The paper due right before Finals was about why or why not you would like to move. 1,000 words was the minimum. It had been easy for her – she quickly passed the number and wrote well beyond 5,000 – about how her life was perfect and how she’d never ever want to leave. And as if her parents wanted to do everything they could to make her unhappy – which they’d been doing as much as they could, it seemed – they announced Mr. Solaris had taken a job in New York. That dinner had been rough.

“Honey, we’ve got some big news!” Kelli’s mom said with an excited smile to her and her twin brother, Declan. Kelli rolled her eyes and continued twirling her spaghetti onto her fork in the dim light. Declan sighed and asked “What?” in a very unimpressed tone. Oblivious to the non-excited atmosphere of the table, she brazened on.
“You’re father has just taken a promotion!” Kelli and Declan’s heads snapped up at the same time. Her mom nodded with a smug, satisfied look. “He just got the call today. And guess where it is?!” She could barely contain her excitement for another second, let alone give them time to guess. “New York City!”

The rain turned to snow as they continued to drive north, all of their belongings packed in the old RV. Kelli had turned her I-Pod turned up to blast in her ears, choosing not to look at her parents. How could they do this to her?! They had no right to pull her away from everything! She knew she should have run away while she could have – and now she was stuck in a smelly RV with snow floating around. Snow! They’d never had snow in Florida, and she hated the stuff. It was cold and wet when it melted in her shoes. She snorted irritably as they pulled up to yet another gas station. She squeezed her eyes shut and fell asleep as quickly as possible.

“We’re here!!!” Kelli heard faintly in her mother’s mock sing-song voice. She yawned and opened her eyes, trying not to show her eagerness as she looked out the window. It wasn’t hard. They’d pulled up to a small house with peeling paint and an overgrown lawn. She groaned and buried her head in her backpack. Why here, was her only thought. She stomped off the RV, grabbed her suitcases and marched angrily into the house. She picked her room – an odd little thing with many curves and weird angles – and stormed off.
“I’m going for a walk!” She yelled irritably. Her brother nodded in sympathy – he didn’t look all that happy either – and proceeded to tell their parents.
Kelli stalked down the sidewalk for a while until she came down to a worn down antique store. Her mood brightened considerably as she headed in – she always loved going to these odd little shops, and she even had some money in her pocket. A pleasant bell tinkled as she walked in. The elderly Asian lady behind the counter smiled brightly. It was obvious not many people came here. Kelli smiled back and proceeded to look around the shop.
She poked around a collection of old boxes filled with jewels and compressed flower petals and various items. She held up a particularly beautiful crystal shaped heart container to the light and couldn’t help smiling at the rainbows that bounced around the room. She looked at the price tag. $75. Kelli had $80. More than enough - or so she thought. She gaped at another item – this was a hair ribbon, not nearly as expensive as the other thing she held, but still too much. She quickly glanced over her shoulder. The cashier was fiddling with something under the desk.
Kelli took a deep breath and slipped the silk ribbon into her pocket.
She walked up to the desk and smiled, holding out only the jar. “Seventy five dollar?” The woman said with a heavily accented voice. Kelli nodded with a large smile and handed over the money. She paid for the jar and left the rest of the money as a tip. She was only leaving when she heard the siren in the distance. Her eyes widened and her heart raced. Surely it can’t be for me, she thought. The lady didn’t even see me put the ribbon in my pocket!
“Girl!” The Asian lady called from the doorway. “Come here.” Kelli obediently came back, knowing any sign of fear would be incriminating.
“Yes?” She asked innocently.
“You like hair ribbon?” The cashier said knowingly. Kelli’s eyes flew open, yet fear held her in place. The police siren wailed and she panicked.
“Please!” Kelli begged.
“Too late.”

More than a month passed after that. The court trials were finished, and Kelli was sentenced to 100 hours of community service. More specifically, 100 hours of helping out at the local animal shelter. Where Laiko volunteers.

How's that for a plot? It's like, the first I've ever done. Like, ever. O.O
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:11 am

((Wow, fantastic!!! Very Happy Thank you! ^_^ *Glomps*

Would you mind doing the starting post? Just to help me get going? Razz Hehe! Although, that plot has successfully activated my muse. Wink I'm very excited!!))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:18 am

[[I've never actually figured out what this 'glomp' is. I've always thought it was a cross between a hug and a bite... Hm...

Yes, I can. And I'm also in the mood for a tiny bit of supernatural. Is there any room in this for that? Or should this be normal?

Mwahahaha I pleased Polo Very Happy My life is complete Razz]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:23 am

((It was explained to me once as 'the tackle of love'. XD So, it is something between a hug and a tackle. *Nods wisely* Cool, huh? Razz

I dunno, depends how well you pull it off. Sometimes the supernatural stuff just ruins it for me, but other times it can work out well... In all honestly though, I'm pretty skepticle, so it would take a lot to make me get into it. Razz

Yes, you did! XD Haha! If only my Fluffs shared that mentality... *Rolls eyes* Rolling Eyes ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:26 am

[[Oy, I see! Ooof. Ouch. The tackle part hurts. *rubs tummy*

Then I won't chance it. I shall go bug someone else like... Jayneh Very Happy We shall keep this normal xD

Fluffs... your horsey? I'mma take it.]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:29 am

Kelli Shaelynn Solaris
Female
Light blonde hair, fair skin with freckles, dark blue (almost indigo) eyes, about 5'6, slim and dainty, always wears pretty but not useful clothes

Sorry for the sucky quality of that. I dunno her personality yet... *sighs* *beats Kelli*
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:19 am

My character:

Laiko
Age 17
Appearance Quite the handsome little guy. Razz Very fluffy hair, and generally has a bright, friendly and innocent expression - like a kiddiewinkel. ^_^ He's also relatively tall - just a little above average. Smile
Everything else is pretty much to be RPed, which it will be. Wink

He has 2 roommates - Mike and Kevin (Prop characters)
Volunteers at a local animal shelter in the afternoons, after school.

((You start? Or do I start? XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 am

"Mike, why are we here again?" Laiko asked innocently, running a brush through the thick, coarse fur of a nervous dog. "I thought you hated dogs... You know, because of the time that stray dog decided to pee on your-"
"I told you earlier, Laiko." Mike snapped, cutting his friend off with a roll of his eyes. "We're here to pick up bitches, okay?" He laughed and patted Laiko's cheek roughly, then sauntered off into the next room, where he began chatting up a girl who was obviously looking for a puppy.
Laiko watched this for a while with complete oblivious innocence, then turned back to the dog before him. She blinked nervously up at him, and Laiko stroked her head gently before lifting her into his arms.
"I guess he's right..." He told the dog with a confused frown, "But if we're here to pick up bitches, why does Mike never pick you up...?"
The dog had no answers. She merely blinked up at Laiko with cautious trust, then stretched up to flick a warm, pink tongue over his nose. Laiko's eyes crinkled with his smile, and he laughed brightly - then put the Poodle gently back into her cage. "I'll be back later." He promised, fondling her soft ears. "Be good."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:55 pm

[[LMFAO! I love Laiko!]]

Kelli hesitantly opened the door to go to the animal shelter. A pleasant bell tinkled above her - not unlike the one from the antique shop. That thought caused her to shudder. Her parents were so mad when she got home... No, mad wasn't the word. Angry. Furious. Tear out their hair, boiling with rage. There, that's what it was. And Declan... he wasn't mad. He just looked... sad? Disappointed? That was the worst. She didn't care what her parents thought of her all that much, but she desperately cared about what her twin brother thought of her. She sighed and made her way to the front desk.
"I'm here to volunteer?" Kelli said irritably. Under her breath she muttered, "Or rather, I'm forced to volunteer."
Thankfully, the person at the desk to catch the comment. He just smiled pleasantly and asked if there was a form he needed to fill out to prove she'd done the hours.
She nodded quickly and dug through her handbag to retrieve the form. With a triumphant smile, she pulled it out and set it on the desk with a loud smack.
"Here."
"Not the usual form, but this will have to work..." The receptionist murmured absently as he filled out the paper. When he finished, he looked up with a smile and said, "We close at 5, so you'll gget a couple of hours in today. I'll get someone to help you... Laiko!" He called, waving to a tall, blonde haired boy kneeling over a dog cage.
Kelli glanced around at the people. There was an old lady petting the cats - go figure - a girl about her age buying a puppy - she was on her way out - and a disappointed looking guy who had obviously been hitting on her.
The guy turned to look at Kelli with a slightly menacing grin, and she shuddered, knowing she'd been picked as his next victim. Silently, she willed this Laiko character to hurry up and come over faster.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:17 pm

((*Takes a bow* Why thank you. XD I love him, too. Razz *Pets fluffy character*))

When Laiko heard his name called, his head jerked up, and he hurried obediently over to the man at the desk - looking more like an excited puppy than the little Golden Lab that had just left with Mike's new 'friend'.
If he'd had a tail, it would definitely have been wagging.
"Yes Mister Lawson?" Laiko asked brightly, tilting his head slightly to one side and beaming up at the man, who could not have been more than five or six years older than he was.
"Laiko, for the last time, call me Fred." He replied wearily, running his hands through his hair.
"Yes, Mister Fred." Laiko corrected with the same bright, child-like innocence.
"No, Laiko, you don't-" He sighed and trailed off, then shook his head hopelessly. Laiko was a lost cause.
"This girl," He indicated Kelli, "Is volunteering here for community service. Won't you explain to her what we do here?"
Laiko nodded eagerly - vaguely aware of Mike watching him with a filthy glare, yet completely oblivious as to the reason for it.
He waved happily to his friend, then trotted over to Kelli and held out his hand. "Hi!" He greeted her with a grin that practically lit up the room. "I'm Laiko. Mister..." He trailed off a moment here, looking somewhat confused. He couldn't remember... Was it Mister Fred, or Mister Lawson? This argument raged in his mind for a few painful moments, then he finally disregarded it, and went with his gut. "Mister Lawson says I must explain to you what we do here, so..." He trailed off, scratching his chin uncertainly, then glanced toward Mike.
Well, Mike had given him that answer earlier today. He flashed his friend a grateful grin - not understanding in the slightest when Mike began shaking his head rapidly and making desperate hushing gestures.
"Apparently, we're here to pick up bitches." Laiko explained seriously. "Though honestly, we seem to end up picking up the dogs as well. The little ones, that is. The big ones are too heavy..." He trailed off thoughtfully, "Come on, I'll take you to meet them!" And he skipped off with alacrity - cheerful and bouncy as ever - to the next room, where the dogs were kept in their cages.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayneh Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:20 pm

((Polo! I Don't mean to interrupt your RPing with Batty, but we're starting an RP again remember? o.O Now post!))
Jayneh
Jayneh

Location : 21 Second Star To The Right Street, a.k.a Neverland. ;) With Peter Pan my hubby. xP

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:33 pm

[[Jayneh! What're you doing here! *covers terrible posts and hisses*]]

Kelli laughed at the childish behavior of this guy as he bantered back and forth with Mr. Larson about what to call him. Maybe she would enjoy her time here if he was the one she would be hanging out with - and if that creeper guy over there didn't continue to wink at her. She shot him a dirty glare but smiled as the boy turned to face her.
She hadn't seen his face before, only the back of his head. The shock on blonde hair messily covered his shining green eyes - a look that fit him perfectly. His lips were pulled back into a grin so sweet and innocent, Kelli had no choice but to smile back. His personality and spirit and the air around him were just so bubbly and happy she couldn't feel anything else. All the irritation and anxiety she'd been feeling before just... disappeared.
A painful tugging in her cheeks reminded her that it was not possible to smile any wider and to stop trying. Kelli giggled indifferently and listened carefully to what he was saying.
Mister Laswon says I must explain to you what we do here, so...
She nodded, thankful he hadn't noticed her ridiculous expression. Something told her, though, he wouldn't really be all that judgemental if he had noticed.
Kelli saw Laiko glance back at the irritating boy, and her smile shrank considerably. She noticed the silent conversation between them. Although Laiko turned around to face Kelli with a happy smile, she could see the other boy making frantic 'Don't say that! motions. She arched an eyebrow at him but then turned her attention back to Laiko.
"Apparently we're here to pick up bitches,"
That was obviously what the disgusting guy was trying to keep him from saying, and Kelli shot him a dirty glance before hearing Laiko continue about how they were picking up more dogs. The smile reutrned and she immedeatly knew he wasn't a street-smart guy. But that was okay. He was cute and innocent. The exact opposite of her, which was exactly what she needed. She was mmature, and very not innocent. Obediently, she followed Laiko into the room, where immedeatly the dogs took up a chorus of barks.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:42 pm

((HA! See what it's like, Batty? The shame of having your RP stalked? Wink

I hadn't forgotten, Jayneh dear. Razz I'm just terribly slow. XD

Now, this is the end of my long posts for today, because I'm out of time and energy.))

"You haven't introduced yourself." Laiko pointed out cheerfully as he opened the door into the next room, waiting for the girl to step through before he followed. "It's because I'm talking too much, isn't it?" He asked, frowning thoughtfully, "Mike told me that I do that, but I hadn't noticed it until now..." He fell silent, slowly taking in the wonderment of this new realisation. He really did talk a lot. Or maybe she just didn't talk enough... He wasn't sure. Did it matter? He wasn't sure of that either...
Feeling distinctly confused, Laiko glanced around for Mike - but his friend was still sulking in the other room, which meant that Laiko was left to attempt to decipher the strange workings of the world on his own.
"So, who are you?" He asked suddenly, turning back to the girl, and waiting with polite interest for her answer.
"Once I know, I can introduce you to the gang." He added with a laugh, gesturing toward the madly barking dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:48 pm

[[Oh the shame! *cries* And okay, I'm probably done, too...]]

Kelli stepped through the door gracefully. "What a gentleman!" She said with a grin before adding, "unlike your friend out there." She pointed to Mike with her thumb for emphasis.
"No, you don't talk to much. I find you quite interesting." She smiled brightly, figuring Laiko wasn't the guy that got compliments often. "I'm Kelli. Sorry, I forgot my manners."
After a bit of hesitance - that didn't show - she pretended to look around.
"Laiko, can you help me find my manners?" She asked with a teasing grin, knowing any other guy would probably take it as flirting. Laiko wouldn't though. She wondered if he'd even had a girlfriend yet...
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:03 pm

((YAY for Kelli for being one of the first characters ever to notice Laiko's gentlemanliness, and the absolute first one to comment on it!! Wink

THAT, my dear Batty, is what makes you amazing! You are just so observant. Razz ))

"Thank you." Laiko replied, pleasantly surprised. His worries and confusion from a moment before melted away instantly as a bright smile lit up his face, "And it's an honour to meet you, Kelli." He added, taking her hand gently, and bringing it to his lips. He kissed her hand casually, then allowed her fingers to slip away, before turning to glance around the floor as she was doing. "Um..." He murmured, confused, "I'll try... But what do they look like? I've never seen manners before. I didn't know you could see them..." He trailed off frowning in confusion, then glanced toward Kelli with wide, innocent eyes. He hoped that he would be able to help her... But where was he supposed to look for her missing manners...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:10 pm

[[*nods* Oh stop I'm blushing! *whispers* Please continue* xD]]

Electricity ripped through Kelli as Laiko took her hand. She'd never felt that way before with any of the other boys back at home...
Home. The word sent a painful pang through her. She wished she was back there? Or did she? Yes, she wouldn't have to be in this smelly animal place. No, she would never have met Laiko...
She sighed. She was confusing herself.
If she thought the blonde boy touching her hand was powerful, the sensation behind the kiss could not have even been measured. She smiled broadly and as he dropped her hand, pressed it to her cheek. She had a sudden urge to pull him up, mess his hair, do anything to come in contact with him.
Kelli grinned. "No, silly, they're not real. Just a figure of speech. But here's bound to be something interesting on the ground here..." She knelt down and patted the floor beside her, indicating Laiko should kneel, too, before looking under the cages to see what she could find.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:34 pm

((Haha!! XD
Wonderful Batty, Clever Batty, Scatty Batty, Catty Batty. Razz ))

"Oh, I see!" Laiko replied with a laugh, feeling enlightenment spread through him. He loved learning things...
When Kelli patted the ground, Laiko knelt obediently beside her, glancing around the floor for... What?
"What are we looking for?" He asked curiously, glancing toward Kelli with wide, innocent eyes.

((Sorry, my brain died. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:42 pm

[[Wonderful Polo xD]]

"I don't know." Kelli answered honestly. "Just whatever cool stuff might be lying around here." As she patted under the cages, she was surprised that she didn't find any dust or garbage beneath them.
She declared that that spot had nothing and moved on, searching all the other areas to find what she'd found in other - absolutely nothing.
She stood up and brushed the non-existant dirt off her miniskirt and smiled. "You guys keep it really clean around here."
She held out her hand to Laiko to help him up - anticipating that moment with almost maniacal obsession. "I can see why the dogs love you."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Laiko smiled and accepted Kelli's hand with a polite word of thanks, climbing quickly to his feet. "They'll love anybody who'll love them." Laiko replied with a crooked grin. "Come on, come meet them!" He grabbed her hand and dragged her eagerly to the first cage - like a little child dragging Mummy to see a fabulous new toy in a toy star.
"This is Bruce." He said with a smile, opening the nearest cage to let out a bouncy Boxer puppy. "He slobbers a lot, but he's cool."
Laiko laughed, ruffling Bruce's short fur.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Kelli grinned, but didn't let go of Laiko's hand as she went to see Bruce. He ran up to her as she knelt down and jumped on top of her. She squealed in mock terror.
"Laiko, save me!" She called - hoping he'd know she was joking. Just in case he didn't, she saat up and stroked the puppy's short fur, much to his delight.
He was just a tad too excited, though, and a stream of yellow tinted liquid sprayed Kelli's stomach.
"Eww!" She shrieked, grabbing the dog and pulling him over to blonde. She snickered and looked down at her shirt. "Yuck."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:08 pm

"Well, you're part of the family now." Laiko teased, an amused grin lifting one corner of his mouth. Obviously, this was a situation he was used to. "Here." He added, shrugging off his hoodie and handing it to her - revealing a silly pink shirt, which had undoubtedly been a gift from Mike.
Somehow, on Laiko, the ridiculous shirt actually looked somewhat appealing.
"Bruce, no." He added, scolding the puppy half-heartedly. Bruce's tail wagged double the speed, and the flat-face puppy snorted excitedly.

((Shower time - then sneak on to post time - then bed time. :3 ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next