Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play

3 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play - Page 3 Empty Re: Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play

Post  Batcat Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:11 am

After realizing he couldn't shake the pencils, Sausage reverted to licking Kelli's fingers. With a satisfied smile, she turned around to face Laiko. "And you just leave those in for two weeks. Ears should be straight by then." She grinned and dskipped past him to look at the other dogs.
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play - Page 3 Empty Re: Batcat and Polo's yet-to-be-named Role Play

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:33 am

"Right, I'll do that." Laiko replied with a grateful smile. He stroked Sausage's head gently, then trotted merrily after Kelli. "So, you just moved here, huh?" He asked curiously, standing close beside her and smiling brightly. "When do you think you'll be starting school?"
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:06 am

Home. The word sent a pang of sorrow through every inch of Kelli's body. Oh, how much she already missed her friends and her life! She was the head cheerleader of their school, yet she was still really smart. One of the few smart cheerleaders there were, actually. She sighed.
"Yeah, I just moved here. My dad got transferred." She hoped he didn't ask what he did. Even she didn't know.
The sadness vanished, though, as Laiko came and stood close to her. His happy atmosphere completely enveloped her, and she felt out of place with a frown. So she put on a grin and actually felt better about her situation. It made things look more positive.
"I'm thinking I start Monday." She said hesitantly. Yes, today was Friday, which meant she had the weekend to explore the town and get to know some people...
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:18 am

"Well, I'm glad you came here." Laiko replied, smiling brightly. Then, with the sort of innocent honesty that only a child could muster, he added, "After all, I like you. I think you're going to be one of my closest friends."
While most people would be embarrassed saying something so openly honest and affectionate, Laiko did not seem to be. Perhaps because he did not understand... As with everything.
"I can't wait for Monday." He added, his grin stretching until, yet again, it seemed brighter than the fluorescent lights overhead.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:40 pm

A warm glow touched Kelli's heart. No one had ever been that nice to her. She was never really all that nice to anyone she'd just met either, but still. Laiko seemed to genuinely care for her. She grinned.
"You like me? As in you want to hang out with me?" She arched an eyebrow, looking surprised. "But I hope you're right. I like you, too."
That statement had two meanings. Laiko would obviously infer that she meant as a friend, when in all reality she also meant she would go out with him if she could. But he probably wasn't capable of a mature relationship. Not at all.
"Me either."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Laiko was so utterly elated by Kelli's reply that suddenly he could not contain his joy. An excited squeal escaped his lips, and he tackled her into a big bear hug. ((*Glomp* XD )) Naturally, being Laiko, he didn't understand why random physical gestures of affection were not always acceptable. All he knew was that he felt incredibly fond of Kelli, and he wanted to express it. He hugged her tightly, pressing his cheek to her hair, and said with a voice practically bouncing in happiness, "I'm so glad you came here. I've only known you about an hour, and I already can't imagine life without you."

((Isn't he cute? XD *Pets fluff*))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:14 pm

[[He's giving Kelli all the wrong impressions xD]]

Kelli smiled amd returned Laiko's tight embrace with an equally crushing hug of her own. She wanted to stay in that moment forever. But unfortunately that was the moment Declan walked in.
"Kel, mom's out front she needs to talk to- Who is this?!" He became furious as he saw Laiko hugging his baby sister - even though they were born seconds apart, she was still the 'baby'.
He angrily stormed over to thepair and shoved Laiko away roughly. "Do not even think about touching my sister!" He yelled in the poor kid's face.
"Declan!" Kelli shrieked, trying - keyword: trying - to pull him away.
"Stay out of this." He hissed at her.
"No! Leave him alone!"

[[Stupid Declan -.-]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:23 pm

[[I have to go to Church Sad By the time I'm back you'll be asleep Dx G'night dear Polokinz xD]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:26 pm

((Totally. Razz It's what he does.

Good night. Sad ))

When Declan suddenly shoved him, Laiko stumbled back in bewilderment, blinking in surprise. "I- I'm sorry." He stuttered, eyes wide and apologetic. "I didn't mean..." He trailed off, confused, and terrified that he had done something terribly wrong. Declan was shoving, Kelli was pulling him back, and both were shouting, fighting... It was overwhelming. It was all too much. Laiko's eyes glazed over slightly, and he felt a horrible, unfamiliar sensation - like there was a tennis ball lodged in his throat. He spluttered and coughed, convinced that he would choke on it.

Hearing the commotion, Mike came dashing in - completely serious this time. He grabbed Laiko's shoulder, and dragged the bewildered boy to one side, telling him to stay put, before stepping forward to confront Declan and Kelli. "Hey, everybody calm down..." He encouraged in a low tone, making soothing motions with his hands. "What happened?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:32 pm

[[One last post...]]

Declan snarled at the other boy that came rushing in. "I'll tell you what happened!" He proceeded to recall the event with as much graphic detail as his brain would provide him with. The boy was attacking his sister. And touching her. In places. He made angry motions with his arms, and was so involved in the story, Kelli slipped away unnoticed.
"Sorry." She murmured to Laiko, who had a terrified look on his face. "My twin is really..." she glanced over at the yelling boy, "protective."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:10 pm

Laiko felt his stomach flop with trepidation as Kelli stepped toward him.
He couldn't be near her - because it made the other boy unhappy, and he hated to see people unhappy... He saw the trouble surrounding him - all his fault - and felt the lump in his throat begin to grow.
He stepped back away from Kelli shaking his head as a nervous jolt ran through him, leaving his hands tinging uncomfortably. "I don't know..." He whimpered pathetically, "What did I do wrong...?"
His expression was still hurt and bewildered - like a puppy who has been kicked, and can't understand why...

Mike, meanwhile, was trying to appease Declan. "Easy man, it's okay - I can assure you he didn't mean any harm." Mike shook his head, "He just doesn't know any better. We're trying to teach him, but..." He trailed off, shrugging. "He just doesn't understand what is and isn't acceptable, really... It's a strange story..." He glanced toward Laiko, then back to Declan, "And if it puts your mind at ease - he's gay."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:59 pm

Declan felt his stomach lurch. The boy was gay? It didn't seem like Kelli to be hanging around a guy that didn't prefer her company. What was going on with her? Unless she didn't know, which could have been a possibility. He stole a quick glance at the blonde boy, who was backing away. He certainly acted gay like that. But his expression was more of fear, as if Kelli was going to hurt him...
Another part of him trembled in newfound fear. Had this guy - Mike - guessed and was subtly hinting it to him that he knew? Declan thought he might be homosexual, but wasn't sure. He noticed girls, but not in that way. If someone found out about it, he was dead. His parents would eventually find out and they were not accepting of that stuff at all. He probably could trust Kelli with it, but she would use it as blackmail from time to time...
"Is he, now?" Declan murmured thoughtfully, stealing another glance at Laiko. The boy was obviously hurt and asking his twin a question, who shot him a knowing - in his opinion - glare.
His paranoia grew immideatly, and he turned back to Mike. "Try me." He muttered, reffering to the strange story he'd mentioned.

Kelli sighed and placed her hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "You did nothing wrong." She assured him, putting as much compassion into her voice as she could muster. "You were just hugging me as my twin walked in. He assumed untrue things and became very overprotective." That was where she shot him the glare. He seemed to be watching Laiko... This confused Kelli a lot. She was going to ask him about this later... He seemed to be getting stranger every single day they spent here. He disappeared a lot and wouldn't come home until sunset, and sometimes even later. She was growing worried about him and was going to find out what was going on once and for all...
"Don't worry, he won't bother you again." She smiled cheerfully and reached up to mess his hair. She grinned fondly and winked before grabbing his hand and pulling him out the door and away from Declan and Mike.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:33 am

((*Gasps* He's a VAMPIRE! O.o *Horror movie music* ))

"But I made him upset..." Laiko whimpered pathetically, "I don't like people to be unhappy." His bright green eyes were wide with worry as he glanced toward Declan. He was somewhat surprised to find that, for a moment, the boy was watching him. He didn't seem upset any more - just curious, and perhaps a little confused. Thoughtful, that was the word. He looked thoughtful. Laiko hesitated a moment, then offered a tentative smile - beginning to relax a little now that Declan no longer seemed distressed.
When Kelli reached up to muss his fluffy hair, Laiko recoiled at first - instinctively remembering that he was not allowed to touch her.
But then he thought back over the conversation, and gradually relaxed - letting the tension drop from his shoulders, and swallowing the lump in his throat.
When Kelli grabbed his hand, he stumbled after her - shooting an apologetic - and somewhat worried - glance toward Declan, before getting tugged out the door after Kelli.

Mike watched Laiko leave, frowning thoughtfully, then turned back to Declan. "Right." He began, "It's no secret, I suppose, so I'll tell you - but you better not use this to mess with my friend." He narrowed his eyes protectively, though inwardly his impish thoughts were cackling, 'Only I get to mess with him...'
"So anyway, here's the story. Believe it, if you like, or don't. I don't really care." He smirked and shrugged, then continued - obviously enjoying the feeling of power that gripped him from having Declan's full attention.
"It musta been about two years ago now... Yeah, two years - maybe a little more. Principal Hayden - that's my school's principal - showed up at my room with the kid in tow. He was so bandaged up that he looked like a mummy - head, abdomen... Yup, he looked completely mummified, 'cept for his limbs. And he had this weird vacant expression on his face - I swear, I've never seen anything creepier.
Anyway, Old Hayden asked Kevin - that's my roommate - and I to take care of the kid. Said he was giving him a scholarship, and that he wanted Laiko to stay with us. And then... Then he told us the story." Mike nodded impressively.
"Not many people know it, right - so don't go babbling. Anyway, it was a cold and rainy night...
Principal Hayden was driving down the road, his windscreen wipers slashing back and forth... Back and forth..." Mike chuckled and grinned, continuing his story in a dramatic ghost-story sort of voice. "He could barely see, because it was so dark - and the rain made his headlights reflect blindingly off the road. But then suddenly, in a flash of lightning, he saw something lying in the road. So he pulled over, and there was Laiko. In the middle of the road, soaking in a pool of his own blood. Naturally, Principal Hayden called the ambulance. When it arrived, the paramedics told him that there was no chance that the kid would survive. He was on the way out already, with three gunshot wounds - yes, three - to his midriff, and severe head trauma just to top it off. But they dragged him in to the hospital all the same, and Hayden stuck around while they tried to basically bring Laiko back from the dead..." Mike paused here for dramatic effect, "And they managed it. The doctors were completely shocked - they said that it was impossible. It was as though the boy's will to live was so great that - through sheer mindpower - he forced his heart to keep on pumping what little blood he had left.
So yeah, everybody was all stoked that he made it and all - until he woke up, and they found out that he didn't have a clue who he was. He lost all his memories - every last one. The weird thing is, though, he retained everything he had learned. Like walking, talking and goodness knows what other skills he has... The only things he lost were his personal memories. The doctors assured him that it would be temporary, but two years down the line he still doesn't even remember his name. They called him 'Laiko', because he was holding a piece of paper with those letters on it when he was found. But anyway, apparently Hayden spoke to him - tested him a bit - and found him to be something of a genius. So he paid for the kid's hospital bills, and gave him a scholarship to our school, which includes board, food, and basically everything. Though it's only valid while he's scoring straight A's, of course... Not that it's a problem for him." Mike chuckled briefly, then finally finished his speech. "So it's been up to Kevin and I to educate him. Teach him right from wrong and all that... Sometimes he can pick up on this for himself, but... Like with your sister - he doesn't see what's wrong with hugging somebody. If he likes them, he wants to show it - and it doesn't cross his mind at all that hugging might make somebody uncomfortable." Mike snorted in amusement, then yawned and leaned back against the wall.
"If you don't believe me, just ask to see the scars."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:37 am

[[I keep forgetting that these people are not real xD]]

Kelli smiled as she pulled him out the front door wwhere apparently her mother was waiting. The receptionist - she'd forgotten his name already - glanced at the curiously, but she just waved him away and continued pulling Laiko pasat the rows and rows of animals.
"Laiko, this is my-" she stopped and glanced around before finishing, "-mom who isn't here. Declan's a dirty liar." She spit on the ground before turning away, absolutely annoyed. As if to make the situation worse, rain began to pour down at that very second. And not just a light drizzle. It was a heavy downpour, as if the clouds released their entire load in a second. She shrieked and made to pull him back into the building.
"Now I'm soaked!" She complained, pulling off his sweatshirt. It had absorbed most of the water, and her pee-stained shirt was relatively dry. As much as she hated to have to walk around with pee on her clothes, she would rather do that than shiver in a soaking wet sweatshirt. She sighed and a huge flash of lightning outside made her jump.
"Hey, kids?" The man at the front desk called. "This is my early day off. Laiko, you know how to lock up. Stay safe!" He grinned happily before pulling on his coat and running into the rain towards a car.
Kelli arched an eyebrow questioningly.

Declan followed Mike's frown just in time to see Laiko being dragged out of the room by his intent looking sister. He rolled his eyes. Leave it to Kelli to force people where she wanted.
He then focused back on Mike and the story, which seemed a little unrealistic.
That situation would have killed anyone else, he thought to himself when the other boy mentioned how Hayden found Laiko. He didn't believe the story about Laiko 'returning from the dead' either. It seemed like an exaggeration.
But he lost all his personal memories? That scared Declan. He didn't know what life would be like without his memories...
"How do you know he's gay, then?" He blurted out bluntly.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:12 am

((Haha! XD

Lacking muse, so short posts today. Razz ))

Sensing Kelli's annoyance, Laiko trotted meekly after her - cowering like a nervous puppy. He just wanted everybody to stay happy... He didn't want to upset anybody... When the receptionist ran off, leaving Laiko to lock up, he pulled a face and chuckled. "We're stuck here now." He complained jokingly to Kelli. "Got to feed all the dogs before we go. I think the cats have already been done..." He trailed off thoughtfully.

Mike, meanwhile, turned to Declan and stared at him as though he had just asked the world's most obvious question.
"Dude..." He said, drawing out the word. "Take one look at the guy. One look, and you try to tell me he's not gay." Mike snorted in amusement, and shook his head.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:23 am

[[Agreed. I'm not even allowed to be in my room today so...]]

Kelli smiled. "Excellent. Where do we go? And don't be nervous when I'm upset, I don't turn into a serial murderer." She chuckled. The word 'murderer' always seemed so funny to her.
"And who cares if we're stuck here. Mike and Declan are busy so we've got the place to ourselves!" She smiled brightly and grabbed Laiko's hand. "Where's the food?"

Declan raised his shoulders defensively. "Hey, there's just a chance. Just cause someone acts like it doesn't mean they are."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:36 am

(( O.o ))

Laiko smiled tentatively, and nodded in response to Kelli. Her excitement was infectious, and he soon found himself beginning to relax again.
"The food's over here." He announced, trotting over to the store room and pulling open the door. There was a small fridge to hold the wet food, and great big bags of the dry.
"We've got a feeding chart here." He indicated a list on the door, "It says next to each dog's name what food he or she must get - so then you just take the bowl-" He pointed toward the stack of bowls, each with a dog or cat's name on. "And fill it."
He grabbed the nearest bowl, consulted the chart, then scooped three cups of medium-sized dog pellets into 'Rover's' bowl.

Mike stared at Declan with raised eyebrows. "Ooooh, defensive, are we?" He teased, grinning playfully and ruffling the boy's hair.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:50 am

[[xD So who's the vampire?]]

Declan rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Keep an eye on my sister. I don't want her getting 'involved' with any boy." He said pointedly looking over to where Laiko was. Suddenly a huge boom of thunder crashe doutside, and the lights flickered out.

Kelli squealed as the room turned pitch black. She gripped Laiko's hand tightly and searched the room for him. "Laiko?" She whispered, afraid anything louder would attract the attention of her brother.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:56 am

((Declan. Razz ))

Mike nodded, but before he could say anything, the lights went out, and he was left standing alone in the darkness. "Hey, dude?" He asked - suddenly wishing that he knew the boy's name. "What happened? Where'd you go...?"
He gulped, hoping that his nervousness wouldn't show. He didn't want to be thought a coward, but anybody would find this spooky...

Well, anybody except Laiko. He didn't know any better.
"Ah, it's dark." He pointed out cheerfully as the lights flickered off. "This is gonna make it difficult to-" But then Kelli grabbed his hand, whispering his name in what seemed to him to be a nervous voice. "You okay?" He asked, glancing toward the dim shaped he assumed was her, and squeezing her fingers comfortingly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:09 am

[[How so O.o Razz]]

Decllan decided that now was the perfect time to play a prank - even though it might make Mike hate him. He subtly walked around the room, behind Mike, and said, "Right here!" He chuckled and moved away, just in case Mike decided to redeem himself violently. He pulled his car keys out of his pocket and flipped on the mini flashlight.

Kelli was still a little shocked from the initial blackout, but quickly got over it. Shaking her head to clear her mind, she grinned. "Sure. This will be fun. Me, you, a dark room." She giggled and stepped a tiny bit closer.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:29 am

(( "He seemed to be getting stranger every single day they spent here. He disappeared a lot and wouldn't come home until sunset, and sometimes even later." XD ))

Mike jumped and wheeled around as he suddenly heard Declan's voice behind him. His heart leaped into his throat, and he nearly shook with fright. "Man!" He exclaimed with a nervous laugh as Declan flicked the flashlight on. "Don't do that!" He smacked him teasingly on the back of the head, laughing off his fright now. Thankfully, Mike was a good sport when it came to pranks.

Laiko felt rather than saw when Kelli moved closer to him, and he glanced down at her curiously. "Yes, I suppose it will be fun." He replied with a smile, finding suddenly that he had to angle his head downwards to see Kelli's face, since she was so close to him. Of course, he didn't mind, but it struck him as pleasantly strange - generally people tended not to stand quite so close to each other, from his experience. Mike tended to shove him away if he got too close, usually making some complaint about Laiko infecting him with his gayness.
"How are we going to feed the dogs like this, though?" Laiko asked with a laugh. "Think it'll come back on?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:43 am

[[Oi I see xD]]

Declan chuckled, "C'mon, let's go scare my sis and your friend." He grinned and started quietly sneakingnn out the door. He saw Laiko and Kelli standing much too close to be appropriate.
"Sure he's gay?" He asked nervously. "Looks to me like he's kissing her."

"Not sure..." Kelli trailed off thoughtfully, backing away feeling slightly irritated. Of course Laiko had no idea what she was hinting at - he was simply too innocent. No, more like not street-smart. She sighed and saw Declan peering in at them, but chose to ignore him. "C'mon." She whispered. "Let's see if there are any flashlights."
She tugged on his hand and pulled him towards yet another room.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:56 am

Mike nodded and followed Declan, pausing next to him, and frowning at the shadowy forms of Laiko and Kelli. "He's gay." Mike insisted stubbornly, "Things look strange in the dark." He added with a challenging grin, slipping his arm around Declan's shoulders and smirking teasingly at him.
He tilted his head slightly to one side. "They'd probably think we were kissing right now if they were watching..."
One arm still looped casually around Declan's shoulders, Mike turned to watch Kelli drag Laiko into the next room.
A blind man could see that she had the hots for him. But naturally, Laiko hadn't a clue...
It occurred to Mike that perhaps he should warn his friend, but he soon decided that it was far too much fun to wait and watch the situation unfold...

"Good idea." Laiko replied with a bright smile, trotting cheerfully after Kelli. "I'm sure we had some somewhere around here..." He frowned, and peered into the gloom.
"You know, it would help if we had a flashlight to use to find the flashlights." He pointed out, nodding wisely.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Declan shuddered at the touch but let his arm stay there. He wasn't one to recoil away from contact, even if it did make him the slightest bit uncomfortable. Again, an uneasy thought hit Declan. Did Mike know? He couldn't have. They had only known each other for what, five minutes? Unless it was that obvious. Subtly, he checked his jeans to make sure they hadn't magically become super tight skinny jeans. Nope. They were still baggy and hung low.
"Yeah, well we aren't, so it's okay."
He watched Kelli drag Laiko away. He'd seen that expression before. The really intent one where she had a plan. And Declan guessed it had something to do with the blonde boy she was flirtatiously talking to. He sighed.
"And there she goes again. Better go save Laiko..."

Kelli grinned. "I guess it would." She could barely see Laiko until a flash of lightning lit up the room, showing many drawers lining the walls.
"Well, let's get looking." She hoped Declan wouldn't come in, for she was still gripping his hand tightly.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:24 pm

((Nice. XD ))

"You're a real homophobe, aren't you?" Mike chuckled, patting Declan's cheek. "Seriously though, if you get that uncomfortable from a man-hug, people are going to think you're over-compensating for something, mate." He winked, giving Declan's shoulders one last squeeze, then taking pity on the boy and releasing him.
"Ah, leave them be." He said with a devious grin, "It'll be amusing to watch it unfold, after all..."

Laiko nodded, beaming cheerfully at Kelli. He squeezed her hand affectionately, then began scratching through the cupboards and shelves in search of a flashlight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next