Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Cheetah

2 posters

Go down

Polo and Cheetah  Empty Polo and Cheetah

Post  Cheshire-Cheetah Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Hm... Are we going to have mature content, because it don't matter to me. BECAUSE I'MMA ALMOST SIXTEEN YEAR OLD CHILD! XD

BUT YAY! RANDOM HUMAN RPG! My favorite thing in the world. XD So, I'mma use Raven, and you use who ever you like, because I just want a good RP. So yeah. But, crap. We haven't decided on age thing yet. Um.... Teen, Young Adult, or Adult? XD
Cheshire-Cheetah
Cheshire-Cheetah

http://cheetah-of-darkness.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Polo and Cheetah  Empty Re: Polo and Cheetah

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:29 pm

((We see how it goes, and if it gets dodgy, we put up a mature content warning. :3
How ALL my RPs manage to get dodgy, I have no clue. XD *Shakes head in amusement*

Righty-ho! Sounds good! Very Happy I say Teen / Young adult. I never have characters younger than 17 or older than 25... But between those two ages I can play around. Smile
Give me an idea for a plot and what your character is like, and I'll either select one of my characters or create a new one based off that. ^_^

*Grins stupidly* ))
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshire-Cheetah Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Okay! ^^ I'll get her rounded up and tweak her a bit, probably. XD

Raven 'Dark' Hale
Raven but Dark or Rave is her nickname used by her closest friends.
Seventeen
{Looks}
An outcast to the world, she keeps to herself, but sticks closely to her friends. Outwardly, she seems very cold towards others. Befriending her takes a lot of working with her. But when she comes around, she's a loyal friend. Wrong her in any way, she can turn her back against her and hopes of ever earning her respect is out the door. But to those she holds dear, she'll stand up for them, even when she don't stand up for herself at times. A mix of a dark and light personality. Towards those she haven't gotten to know, she even tempered about them and leaves them be with her benefit of the doubt.
She was born on the Winter Solstice, the 21 of December, a day with little light. She's had a low family as a baby. Her mother never cared for her, her father was always gone or drunk. One night, the violence of the house had grew so bad, raven ran away, but the cops found her, but didn't bring her back to her family, but her brother at an orphanage type deal. Someone finally took her brother and her in. Her baby brother is quite the opposite of her in everything, even looks. He's only about ten and the most annoying kid ever, but Raven deals with him. She pretty much has lived a better life with her foster family now, but they seem not too really acknowledge each other. She has a knack for music and plays guitar well, and often at times when she needs to be cheered up.
Cheshire-Cheetah
Cheshire-Cheetah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:08 pm

((Ooooh, she's epic!! Very Happy

But now I have NO idea which of my characters to use... Maybe I should try a new one? I've been thinking of having a bash at a really emo, depressed sort of character. XD Fun for me, but I'm guessing boring for you...? Hmmm... :/

Well, here are my current characters in a nutshell:

Kougu - A bit of a nut, very antisocial, socially retarded, but has an epically violent past, and can be a real sweety. He has a very intricate personality, and although he is VERY difficult to interact with - when he works, he works well! Very Happy

Laiko - Also comes with quite an interesting past. He's happy all the time, completely innocent and ignorant of pretty much everything... Naive... And quite funny. :3 Haven't had a successful RP with him in a while, though. :/

Leon - A complete and utter ass - intentionally. He comes with his own plot: Used to be a rockstar, but gave it up and started tormenting everybody for apparently no reason... (Reason becomes clear later on, inevitably. Razz Haha!) I enjoy using him - but I've only got him to work once, because he's not a very compatible character. :/

Mitch - My new character, quite enjoying him. Smile He's a drug addict / gangster. Gets himself involved in all sorts of crimes... He absolutely loves gory murders. Wink But obviously he's quite troublesome since he, you know, likes to maim, rape, kill, etc... XD Good old Mitch. Twisted Evil

Liking the sound of any of those? Smile Or shall I go with a new one? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshire-Cheetah Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:16 pm

I know she is. She's my favorite character of my female characters. Oh, just to add to her, to give her personality a bit more leeway. She is emo, but isn't a stereotypical one. She laughs, smiles, and can have fun. XD And you don't bore me. I'm not easily bored. XD

And Derp! So many good choices.... o-o; Um.... hrrmmmmmm..... *Face+floor* I suck at picking other people's characters. And I don't want to sing the Tiger song to pick it. XD (Yush, I do dat still) Really not sure who to pick! I never understood why it's so impossible for my to pick from another person. Um... Do what you think you should do or we can retry them. XD
Cheshire-Cheetah
Cheshire-Cheetah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:23 pm

((Haha! No worries, I've never been able to do it, either. I can't even choose for myself, Dude. o_0
Okay, so I'm thinking maybe I should try Leon... Or create a new emo character. XD Like, COMPLETELY depressed and emo stereotype... Only Polo-style. >Smile And see where that takes me...
It DOES involve a whole new character... O.o *Sigh* I dunno. So anyway - Leon, or new character? XD You have to decide... Twisted Evil

But take your time - I should be sleeping. Never fear, though! I'll be back... I'm always back... Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshire-Cheetah Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:12 pm

Hmm.... Well, let's try the new character, unless you want to run with Leon. But if it doesn't work, we can run through our characters more and find a good one to RP like forever. XD
Cheshire-Cheetah
Cheshire-Cheetah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:22 pm

Sounds good. Very Happy I don't create characters after 1AM (Drat that Abba, keeping me up! XD ) so I'll do that tomorrow. Smile *Nods*

Ugh. Dentist tomorrow. No wonder I can't sleep... I don't exactly like having a strange man's fingers in my mouth, thank you very much! And it's not as excusable now to bite him as it was when I was kid. :/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshire-Cheetah Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Okay. It's no problem

And yeah. I hate the dentist. But I still bite if he stuck his finger in my mouth. It's my policy. Any sticks their fingers in my mouth WILL BE BITTEN OR VICIOUSLY MAULED! Beware! XD
Cheshire-Cheetah
Cheshire-Cheetah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:41 am

My character:

Name: Vince Morton

Appearance: Link

Apparent Personality: He is always scowling - never smiling. Nothing seems to interest him, and he is seldom seen around people. If he is, he always has a bored and irritable expression on his face, as though he would rather be somewhere else.

((I'm bored, so I'll start. Razz Then all I ask is that you come up with a VERY interesting starting situation for me to build on. :3 Because seriously, the life expectancy of my RPs is always based on how good the start is. Twisted Evil ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:11 am

Vince was at school. This in itself was an oddity, since he seldom attended. In fact, considering his general attitude towards it, it was a wonder Vince had not dropped out years ago.
But, as it were, there was a reason for this; Vince may have been a skiver and a slacker, but he was not an idiot. He attended school just often enough to keep his grades at a level that would let him pass his final year - since he knew that, if he failed, his entire future would be ruined.
Not that he believed he had much of a future, anyway. In fact, he thought that life itself was trivial... A mere prologue of death, nothing more.

With an exaggerated yawn, Vince hitched his bag higher over his shoulder, and walked toward the entrance doors that he had come to see as 'The Gates of Hell'. His Ipod blared rock music in his ears - so loud that people walking past turned to stare curiously at him, wondering how on Earth his eardrums could handle it.
They couldn't - but Vince didn't care. Since when did Vince care about anything?
"Wake me up inside, tell me there's a reason to take another step, to get up off my knees and follow this path of most resistant..."
The familiar lyrics fried his brain with their volume - and perhaps it was because of this that Vince's reaction time was dulled - and he did not see the ball coming.
It struck a forceful blow to his head, knocking him roughly to the ground amid a chorus of laughs. When the crowd noticed that Vince was not moving, the laughter died away, to be replaced by nervous whispers.
"Oh, crap!" One of the jocks muttered, glancing with frightened eyes at the motionless Vince. "He's dead!"
An uneasy murmur ran through the group, and then they dispersed - running off like headless chickens. The fear was all part of the game... They were stupid and immature, in Vince's opinion. And he made sure they knew it, too. He figured they probably just picked on him because they were intimidated by how far his intelligence outstripped their own.
Mitch yawned, and shifted himself into a slightly more comfortable position on the hard, stony ground. He was not badly injured, but his head felt as though it was exploding, and he did not intend to get up until the pain had ebbed away.
He heard a bell ringing in the distance, but he didn't care - he was humming along to his music.
"Something for the pain, just to kill this feeling
Although we looked awake, inside we're all still sleeping
And I spent my time here alive, but barely there
Do you believe we'll ever make it?
Do you think we'll ever really see?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshire-Cheetah Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Raven laid in bed, covers and pillow over her head, like she was hidden. She didn't feel like going to school. It was like if she stay still long enough, hid under the covers and her pillow. She barely even breathed under the covers as she curled into a ball when she heard the steps of someone in the hallway. She knew it was probably Nate, ready to rudely walk into her room and cause you to get up to get ready for school. Maybe she should play dead. The door creaked open on her room. She regretted going to that party she went to with her friends. The light she knew filled the room would kill her head. She knew it hurt even though the pain hadn't hit yet. "Raven, get up." she found it odd that the voice she heard was her foster father's. She remained still. "Your brother is staying home. He's gotten a bug." She still didn't move, but she just groaned under the covers. Great, her little brother is going to get to stay home. Her fosters somehow knew when she was fine and when she wasn't feeling good, so faking to play hooky was impossible. "Come on, you've got school." He said, then left the room. She sighed, lying there, stretching out before slowly sitting up to be greeted by the posters of bands and picture infested-walls of her room. The white paint underneath didn't even show. She crawled out of bed and start to get ready for school, taking a shower, sliding into a outfit that she like to wear and into the hoodie and zipped it up half way up, and her usual makeup on. She grabbed her bag on the out of the her room, and headed down the stairs and out the door to walked to school. Pulling the hood up turning the music on on her iPhone loudly, to be stuck in the comatose of the variety of rock music held inside her head now.

It was about twenty more minutes before she made it the school, mind lulled to drowned thoughts of her music. It stop the mind reeling into thought, the lyrics blaring in the ears of her skull.
Give me envy, Give me malice, Give me your attention, Give me envy, Give me malice, Baby gimme a break...
She walked into the school silent, ignoring the people who. Her friends must be waiting for her in the class room, avoiding the masses. She walked to her locker, ignoring those who messed around. He music was loud enough to drowned out was said and the sounds, but the sudden sense of the silence that dropped outside her headphones caused her unease and to turn to see what cause such a scene that made the silence drop. She stared between people to see on of the many people of the school, laying on the floor, a ball a little further past his head. From there, she connected the dots. She shook her head as the panicked kids of the school took off out of the hall like they killed someone. "Seriously. What brilliant minds." She whispered sarcastically to herself, her thoughts of school being that school never helps knowledge or ever really gave anyone any smarts. She sighed as she stood still in the chaos, her music on shuffle switching to another song that she was well versed in their words.
I always knew that you'd come back to get me, And you always knew that it wouldn't be easy, To go back to the start to see where it all began, Or end up at the bottom to watch how it all ends...
She pulled out her earphones, and threw them over her shoulders, the music still loud enough to hear the music. Raven dropped her bag on the floor and walked over to the body still laying in the middle of floor. The bell rang in the cleared out hallway. She'll just miss her first class. It wasn't something she cared about any who. She sat next to him, looking at him at first, seen a bruise already forming wear the ball probably hit him full force. She sat there for a few silent moments, before she pulled away his headphone so he could at least hear her. "You alright?" She said in a careless voice, sitting back, way from him.

(I hope this works, because my muse is playing min games. And sorry it took so long to respond. I've been off and on because of my family deciding it's chore week for me.)
Cheshire-Cheetah
Cheshire-Cheetah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:15 pm

((No worries. Smile

Okay, hope you don't hate me for this, but there are a few things I must say. XD Just trying to offer some constructive criticism...

First: Quality over quantity. Your post felt a little strained, as though you were trying to make it longer than it wanted to be, if you know what I mean. Razz Forcing the length.

Next, be careful of tautology. Repeating things... For example, once you've mentioned that she is 'under the covers' - you don't need to mention it another 3 times in that same paragraph... XD

Next, Careful of disjointed sentences. She did this. She did that. Rather try to let them flow... And don't always start with a pronoun - switch it around a little. Like 'She lay in bed and read a book' could be 'Lying in her bed, she read her book'.

Also, Careful of overusing 'And'. You can use commas to list things as well. 'She did A, B and C'. Instead of 'She did A and B and C'.

Swapping tenses. You switch between past and present a lot... Choose whatever is easiest for you, and stick to that. Smile I like past - so I stay with past tense. 'Vince lay in the bed' instead of 'Vince is lying in the bed'. Then, if I need the past tense of my past tense, 'Vince was lying in the bed'. XD

And my last tip - I don't know how you like to write, but a lot of people find first person easier. Smile I don't - but I'm me. Razz

Sorry, I know you didn't ask me to critique, but if I didn't mention those things I would have had to rip my hair out. Wink And now of course I don't have time to reply right now... Have to go over my cross country course for Sunday. Very Happy ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshire-Cheetah Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:38 pm

(Nah. It's alright. I never been judged on my skill really. Normally, I don't use and a lot, and some times I ramble. I know that. I thinking the usage of and was of the strange constraint between me and my family that has suddenly happened. And I haven't found I happy medium on the whole past and present. I like third person. It's easier for me. But I can't seem to settle on past or present. I do use past more, but sometimes, I just can't seem to stick to one. Would you like me to edit it because I have time right now?)
Cheshire-Cheetah
Cheshire-Cheetah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:27 am

((Going to have to give up on this RP. Sad I'm lacking muse and time... Sorry! ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down