Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

4 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]] - Page 5 Empty Re: Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

Post  Batcat Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:47 pm

[[Kira, I'll post and get Tundra into the action Wink]]
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]] - Page 5 Empty Re: Dark Inside: The Apocalypse [[Teen/survival]]

Post  Batcat Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Shae chuckled as Daniel and Mitch watched her as she walked in. Mitch didn’t seem interested in her. It seemed like he was trying to think of another way to get back at her. She could see it in his eyes as they crept up and down her feminine body and finally stopped at her own. He seemed flirtatious at first glance, but after closer examination, there was another element, a hint of something else. Something lurked beneath the thin mask. It was competitive and haughty and arrogant. She could tell he thought highly of himself. Well, she wouldn’t burst his bubble just yet.
Daniel on the other hand, was just looking for woman and a whole lot of it. She had what he was looking for, what he’d been deprived of, and she knew it. Snickering, she watched as his eyes ran up and down her, trying – and failing – to be subtle. Well, now she had something to hold against him. How kind of him.
“Right, that's my call. Don't come in or I'll... give you nightmares.”
Shae snickered. “Of course you’ll give us nightmares. No one wants to see that uncovered.” She gestured rudely to him with her free hand and watched as he left, rolling her eyes in disdain. Boys these days. There were no decent ones.
Well, they were hardly any left.
She turned to Mitch as he began speaking, obviously very pleased with what he saw. That was no surprise. But she knew that he was only in for the chase, the thrill of getting something that he wanted. Well, she wasn’t about to give it to him.
“I dig the new look. You should make it permanent…”
Shae rolled her eyes and muttered, “Keep dreaming.” Although it would be really creepy if he did dream about her. It might not be a bad thing though. If she could get into his brain like that, maybe it would teach him a lesson or two. Probably not, though.
“Although, you’d best be careful. Lord your femininity over us too much, and some guys will… Forget just who they’re dealing with…”
Shae grinned. “Oh, they won’t forget after I’ve carved a few patterns of myself into them.” She shivered as she felt Mitch close up behind her, but turned around, eyes filled with sadistic glee. Slowly, she moved the towel off to one side and revealed the “emergency knife” that she always kept strapped around her thigh. It was a good place to put it. She wouldn’t lose it very easily and she could always grab it without it looking weird during the middle of the… night.
She winked and let the towel drop back down, covering her leg and pushing past Mitch to get to the wardrobe she’d just noticed sitting in the corner. That was weird. She hadn’t noticed the piece of furniture in any other rooms, so this must have been an addition. Maybe a band of fugitives like themselves had stayed here… Her mind wandered back to the old woman she’d found lying in a coma in a small house. She’d probably been like that for weeks, so she considered it an act of mercy when she finally put the lady out of her misery.
As Mitch left, Daniel came back into the room, walking over to her and leaning against the wall, obviously trying to be cool. It seemed as though he’d completely forgotten her true nature, the danger that lurked underneath. For right now, she was just a girl and he was just a boy. At any other time she might have found this insulting, but now she felt a slight pang within her. It was loneliness and sorrow, but why was it here now. And frankly, she didn’t like that. But she decided to play along.
Grinning, Shae moved a bit closer to him and let her eyes wander hungrily over him, noticing every curve and every bump of muscle. He was really quite nice looking – in a “the world is going to end, let’s have some fun” kind of way. Or the survival way, which ever you prefer.
Chuckling, she let a hand creep down her own thigh, gazing suggestively at him. This would be a fun journey if he was this playable.
“You can stay like this.” She murmured, moving the towel out of the way but angling her body so that he couldn’t see what lay underneath. It was important that the knife was a surprise and a painful reminder that she was way more powerful than he.
Moving even closer, she pressed against his side and slowly slid the dagger from its strap, shifting her head up as if she were going to kiss him. Her lips moved just centimeters away from his, gently brushing against the boy’s. They were soft, delicate, fragile. It was like he was breakable – which he was.
She could feel the heat radiating off of him, smell the life that resided within him. She could hear his heartbeat and the blood rushing through his veins. The same blood that she wanted spilled on the ground was now pumping faster and faster through him. It was kind of nice in a way, the closeness; she’d forgotten what it had felt like to be so near someone. The last time had been, well, her boyfriend whom she’d killed. Funny, it was just like this how she’d killed him…
Quietly, she let the tip of the blade press gently into his side.
“You’re dead.” She whispered, pulling away and chuckling, putting the knife away. “Remember who you’re trying to get into bed, Daniel. I’m not very… enjoyable.”
She winked and laughed madly, moving away from him. The whole episode couldn’t have taken more than a few minutes, but by this time Mitch was back, barging in like he owned the place.
Shae rolled her eyes and left the room ,spinning around and smiling at Daniel before calling back to the two of them, “Even if I do get pregnant, which I won’t because I find the two of you unworthy to father any children of mine, I’d still be fighting until I went into labor. And even then I’d shoot anyone who came near me.”
She grinned dangerously and left, not caring that the towel was riding up over her butt.
She walked into her own room and pulled on a pair of undergarments, yoga pants, and a tank top. She also wrapped a dirty sweatshirt around her waist in case she needed it. You could never tell the weather these days.
That was what she hated most about this: not getting weather forecasts.
Chuckling, Shae left the room and came upon Tundra. She rubbed his head affectionately and began talking, “Jesus, I hate those people. I may not like you, but you’re certainly better company than they are. You actually use your brain.” She muttered, and began walking back down the hall. “If you want some food, kid, come with me.” She called over her shoulder, not bothering to notice if he was following. She didn’t know if he’d seen her with the towel, but if he did, that was okay. It’d keep his little hormone controlled mind tied up for a while.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:38 am

((Why thank you, Kira I love you I'm so bloody excited for when it comes out!! Very Happy And Peeta's okay, but I prefer gale Wink

Nawww guys, you're all so mean to my hormonal charrie. Smile one word, Danny-boy. REJECTED. Razz I'll wait for Kira, then you can all see what a pathetic douche-face this poor charrie is. XD ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:53 pm

[Oh heavens <.<
I don't know when I'll be able to reply xD Tundra sort of woke up...but not much. If I do reply, it'd be way short <.< >.> which will make me feel inferior.]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:43 pm

((Okay, I'll give you chance to think up something, whilst Danny amuses himself with crude thoughts... Wink
*corners Polo* Feel privaliged, he's dumping it all on Mitch. Twisted Evil ))

When the look in Shae's eyes changed, fireworks went off in my stomach. I should have got nervous. I should have been aware that 'flirtatious' wasn't something she pulled off unless she was faking. No one wanted boyfriends or girlfriends in this day and age, it was just too risky. But I wasn't asking her out. I wasn't trying to get that close to her. I just needed some... Female company. Perhaps that meant in bed, perhaps just a kiss, or even just harmless flirting. But I needed it. Craved it. Shae was the only girl in the group; she was hot, had a good figure and was an absolute daredevil. She'd do. She'd do brilliantly.
You can stay like this.
My eyebrows twitched upwards slightly. Not because I didn't believe her, but because I seriously couldn't believe my luck. Had it been that easy? I mean, back in school it was always that easy with the girls because they all knew who I was. But Shae didn't know me. Not really.
Her face inched closer to mine, her wide, beautiful eyes staring cheekily up into mine. She'd obviously done this before.
That thought should have either scared or disappointed me, but it seemed to do nothing but lead me further on. I couldn't help it... The way her face angled tauntingly over mine, her lips brushing against mine, but not quite close enough to count as a kiss. I wanted to kiss those lips, hold those hollow cheeks, stare back into those gorgeous eyes...
My heart fluttered inside my chest, my eyes widening hungrily with lust. She was so damn close, I could feel the towel around her body scraping against my bare chest.
I wanted her. So... Bad...
My lips automatically pulled towards hers like magnets, my eyelids drooping slightly, preparing for the kiss I had craved for so long.
My lips were still moulded into a kissable pout when I felt the cold blade prick my side, not quite ready to face the harsh reality that she was messing with me. The girl, that toxic, hot devil had been messing with me. It reminded me how vulnerable I really was.
After a few seconds I finally pressed my lips closed, arching my eyebrows in a desperate, somewhat disappointed look. It always got the girls at school, they thought it was adorable.
But would it work with Shae?
You're dead.
Of course not.
I'm such an idiot.
Remember who you’re trying to get into bed, Daniel. I’m not very… enjoyable.
“Who said anything about getting anyone into bed?” I purred, still clinging on desperately to the gorgeous, flirtatious girl I'd been staring hungrily at minutes before. Where was she? Couldn't she comeback for another minute or two? This girl wasn't half as hot, but twice as toxic.
I was aware of the absence of the blade as she drew it away, but I wasn't really bothered by it. Already I was getting used to the feeling...
Shae left then, swinging her butt back and forth as she went, shooting me a teasing smile. I watched her go with the same, desperate look, but said nothing. I knew she was right about the pregnancy thing. But hey, I'd not mentioned sleeping with her, had I?
Maybe I was a bit predictable, though.
I stared at the door a few moments longer, my eyebrows arched still. Then, when my mind finally let me accept she was gone, my expression morphed into an irritated glare.
I clicked my tongue annoyingly, then turned to Mitch, sighing dramatically. “Am I really that stab-able?”
Stupid question, really. Especially for Mitch.
“On seconds thoughts, don't answer that.”
I rummaged around the wardrobe until I found a ripped, long-sleeved, black shirt and pulled I awkwardly over my head. It had holes all over – could have been moths, or mice – but it was warmer than the little clothing I'd had on my top half earlier on. The sleeves didn't quite reach my wrists, so I guessed it was meant for a much smaller or thinner sized male, but it'd do.
I took the walking stick, limped to the bed and threw myself on with an ungraceful thump, dropping the stick on the floor beside me. I rested one hand behind my head and the other on my stomach, ignoring the vibrations as it rumbled beneath my palm. It did that a lot, nowadays.
Absent mindedly, my eyes lit up as I quietly and gruffly sung to myself.

In all my life and the hereafter,
I've never seen someone like you
You're a knife, sharp and deadly,
and its me that you cut into

But I don't mind, in fact I like it,
though I'm terrified,
I'm turned on but scared of you...

I chuckled to myself, surprised how fitting the song was to Shae. I didn't love her, not by along shot. It was just something about her, even when she was threatening me, it made me hungry for her.
Wow, I must have been so bloody deprived to be this desperate, and to be fooled so easily.
“Back where I was from, in school, we didn't have the usual 'Jocks, Geeks, Cheerleaders, Emos'. The groups weren't that easy to spot like in the films. We had sporty chicks, some ofwhich were quite hot, but they were all far too boy-ish for me.” I stared up at the ceiling thoughtfully. Those were the days...
“There was this one girl, though, who smoked, who was quite hot. She was blonde, skinny, big-chested, you can guess the type. Dense as a post, you know. I never went out with her, but we did stuff...”
I let out a long sigh.
“How 'bout you, Mitchy-boy?” I asked him brightly, turning my head to the side to face him. “You ever met any hot chicks in your time?” My lips tweaked a teasing smirk.”Perhaps ones you haven't killed?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:16 pm

“Am I really that stab-able?”
Mitch raised his eyebrows, but before he could return a sarcastic remark, Danny amended, “On seconds thoughts, don't answer that.”
He snickered appreciatively to himself, glad to see that Danny was learning what to expect from him – and watched with vague amusement as the boy flopped down on the bed, evidently disappointed. He’d have liked to say ‘crushed’ – but the irritating reality was that Danny was stronger than that.
He almost offered the other boy a look of grudging respect – but as he was about to, he heard the faint sound of singing, and his expression changed to one of utter disbelief, then amused disgust.
Really?
Really?!
He was just going to lie there and sing?
Of all the moronic, nonsensical…
”Perhaps ones you haven't killed?”
Wait, what? Danny was staring at him, and smirking. Actually smirking! It was as though Danny was teasing him… What the Hell was this?! He’d been too caught up in staring at Danny in disgust to realise that he’d actually had something to say once he was done singing.
Mitch grunted in irritation, and shot back the only answer that jumped to mind.
“Danny-Boy, I have no f**king idea what you’re on about, but if you ever sing in front of me again, I’ll cut out your tongue and feed it to you for breakfast.”
He folded his arms in crude satisfaction, and left that image to stew while he let his thoughts regroup, and tried to piece together what Danny had been talking about.
Not that he cared… But he had nothing better to do than talk to this sorry sod. That was the sad truth.
“Dating opportunities have been pretty rare in my life, to be honest.” He grunted at last, “No chick with any type of self respect runs around with gangs, and I’d shoot myself in the dick before I settle for a cheap whore with no front teeth.” ((Don’t you love Mitch’s charming imagery? XD ))
His upper lip curled in disgust, and he spat on the ground.
“But yeah, I found a few decent chicks to f**k around with. Just hang around outside a club with a bottle of alcohol and see what bites. Simple fishing.” He shrugged, “I was never a pathetic hormone-controlled moron like you, though. I’m a sadist. I get my pleasure from… Other things.” He winked at Danny, and his eyes seemed to flicker momentarily to the boy’s injured leg.
Oh yes… That had been fun…
“You.” He pointed at Danny, “Ought to keep it in your pants if you want to survive, y’know. A desperate guy is a gullible one – and a gullible guy is dead in this world, especially with tigers like Shae around.
Then again, I guess you don’t need to worry so much. I’ve got your back.”
Did I really just say that?
Mitch frowned in surprise at his words. They were true, of course, but he had NEVER expected himself to say such a thing out loud to Daniel… Oh, whatever. The kid ((AGAIN. Mitch?! XD )) could make of it what he wished. If he got cocky, Mitch could just start hacking off random, unimportant parts of his body.
Judging by Shae’s actions towards him, Mitch had an idea of what could be first to go… Now that would stop any ‘cockiness’.
A faint chuckle escaped Mitch’s lips as his crude pun, but he offered no explanation for it. Danny did not want to know what he was thinking.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Danny-Boy, I have no f**king idea what you’re on about, but if you ever sing in front of me again, I’ll cut out your tongue and feed it to you for breakfast.
Seriously?
I smirked at him, although I could sense how serious he was about his proposal, but I found it far more amusing than terrifying, to be honest. Perhaps it was because I'm witnessed worse, far worse, of because I thought Mitch probably needed company of a guy closer his age than Christopher Robin outside on the corridor. He wouldn't cut my tongue out. Not so soon.
I found it difficult to take him seriously, despite the look on his face. I simply smiled innocently at him, one side of my mouth curved slightly higher than the other, and raised my eyebrows.
Eventually, I sniffed and stared back at the ceiling. “I'm sorry.” I mused, not entirely meaning it. “I'll save it for the shower. I'm sure it'd be far more appreciative of my operatic vocals.”
I snorted at the tiny lie, knowing fair well I was far from someone who sings in tune, never mind 'operatic'. But I decided there was nothing to do in this dump but sit and talk anyway. Might as well argue, too.
But Mitch was already answering my other question about the girls in his life, and to be honest, I was somewhat surprised. No girlfriends? Before all this, I couldn't have ever imagined a life without them. Or at least girls to be with, anyway. Guys were good company, as guys, but they were also pricks – and that included me. Girls could be bitches, but it didn't matter if they had a good body to make up for it.
Although, I had to agree that I would rather not have sex with an ugly prozzie, although I wasn't quite sure about his 'shooting his dick' proposal.
I was never a pathetic hormone-controlled moron like you, though.
Oh. Charming.
So what was he doing whilst waiting for his balls to drop? How did he cope?
I’m a sadist. I get my pleasure from… Other things.
I followed his gaze to my leg, straightened out across the bed, and winced uncomfortably. I'd still never forgive him for that. Wasn't too sure now about whether I was going to kill him, but I definitely didn't forgive him. Believe it or not, I wasn't stupid (I did stupid things, yes, but that didn't make me stupid). I knew he'd gone too far with looking for the bullet and burning the skin together. I knew he'd enjoyed every damned minute of it.
I coughed, feeling sick at the memory. My head still ached from the over-dosage of the pain killers.
Damn you, Mitch.
You.” he was pointing at me, I was aware, but I didn't look at him. My smile had vanished, my friendly mood evaporated. I didn't want to talk to him, anymore. “Ought to keep it in your pants if you want to survive, y’know. A desperate guy is a gullible one – and a gullible guy is dead in this world, especially with tigers like Shae around.
'I know, alright? How dense do you think I am?! I was only playing. Why can't anyone see that?' You have no idea how tempting it was for me to say those words, but I fancied keeping my tongue a bit longer, so I clenched my jaw and held my irritation. Rachel hadn't been this tetchy. She's smiled at me when I teased and complimented her.
But she was dead now. I had to move on.
Then again, I guess you don’t need to worry so much. I’ve got your back.
What?
Wh-
Had I heard that right?
This brought my attention back to him, and my eyebrows shot upwards. I turned my head to him and stared at him for along, long time.
Mitch had my back.
A sick, twisted, ex-gang member that had f***ed up my leg, had my back.
That fact was almost laughable, but I was far too shocked to care. I'd never felt like the protected one, I was always the one to keep others out of danger.
But now, now I was the weakling of the pack, I needed protecting, and this guy had my back.and th
I dropped my head back onto the flat, cardboard-flat mattress, as if been struck across the face. Well... That had certainly been unexpected.
“Thanks.” I said with a a frown, the single word sounding alien to me. If I'd been used to it, I might have smirked and replied with some clever comment about him being a big, fat softy. But I didn't.
“Err... Thanks,” I repeated gruffly, as if the first hadn't taken place.
I glanced momentarily down at my leg, debating on whether or not I should thank him for that, too. But then I remembered the look on his face as he'd mentioned getting his pleasure from 'other things' and nodded to the injured leg. He didn't deserve praise for inflicting pain and enjoying it.
There were a few minutes of thoughtful silence. I debated on whether or not to snooze, but every time I closed my eyes images flashed in my head of Joe's dead body, dead bodies I'd not remembered even looking at, and those horrible, black, messy eyes worn only by the monsters themselves. I'd forgotten how haunting they really were.
“Mitch?” I murmured, my voice probably inaudible from outside the room. “You've seen some pretty bad stuff, yeah?”
Of course he has, he probably caused half of it.
“Well... How long is it before-... You close your eyes and...D-... Don't see dead eyes staring at you, blood, guts, and bodies? It's just-”
I shook my head. Who was I kidding? Mitch probably didn't even give a damn what was going on in my insane mind.
“Never mind. It dunt matter.”
My stomach rumbled again, causing my hand to shake visibly. I watched it curiously, raising an eyebrow, then casually changed the subject. Who cares if I had nightmares? Woke up in a cold sweat? Didn't sleep at all? “Geez, I'm starving. Say, d'you think I should have told Shae there were two cans of baked beans in my rucksack before she left?”
I rolled awkwardly onto my side, wincing slightly a the movement disrupted my relaxed leg. I grinned knowingly at him, raised an eyebrow, and glanced down at my rucksack dumped in the middle of the room.
Shae would kill me.
Oh well, it'd be worth it.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Mitch shrugged at Danny’s thanks, and uttered a noncommittal grunt – looking away and flushing slightly from what might have been shame.
He was hotly embarrassed, and frankly, it was just as well Daniel didn’t have any sarcastic remarks, because although his shame was but a seed of vulnerability, it was enough to turn him into time bomb. One comment would have been enough to send him over the edge, and he’d have had Danny’s decapitated head in his hands within moments.

Thankfully, no such thing happened. Instead, Danny flopped back on the bed, and Mitch ignored him religiously – examining his fingernails with inappropriate interest.
“Mitch?” Danny murmured at last, his voice barely audible. Mitch uttered a growl of annoyance at being reminded of the boy’s presence, and cast Danny a cool, uninterested glare.
“You've seen some pretty bad stuff, yeah?” Mitch merely raised an eyebrow at this, but he did not bother to dignify such a foolish question with a response.
“Well... How long is it before-... You close your eyes and...D-... Don't see dead eyes staring at you, blood, guts, and bodies? It's just-” Slowly, Mitch’s eyebrows drew together into a frown, and the corners of his mouth pulled into a straight, sombre line. He considered Danny for a long while, so long that the boy seemed to think he would not answer at all… “Never mind. It dunt matter.”
Mitch turned his gaze away now, but his expression had softened slightly.
Perhaps he was too sober… But he had taken a liking to this kid. He just didn’t feel the need to f**k with him…
“Geez, I'm starving. Say, d'you think I should have told Shae there were two cans of baked beans in my rucksack before she left?”
And that was exactly why! Mitch uttered a bark of laughter, and mirrored Danny’s grin for a moment – a hint of sincere warmth in his gaze.
The boy had his uses.

The grin soon faded from his face, replaced by a thoughtful expression as he watched Danny scratching around in his rugsack for the food.
“Never.” He said, after a long silence. He remained silent a while, then went on to explain, “It never goes away. But if you’re smart, or-“ He uttered a humourless chuckle, “Maybe just cowardly… Well, you learn to accept it, eventually.” He offered a grim smile, “You just go kinda numb to it all. You forget how to feel… I mean, think about it. If it’s gonna be your lifestyle, you gotta learn to deal with it somehow. I got lucky – my life was f**ked even before all this began. I got a headstart.”
He offered a wink, then got to his feet and actually clapped Danny on the shoulder. “It’ll get easier in time, mate. Or rather, you’ll get used to it.” He nodded toward Danny’s leg, “Just like that burn. Don’t feel it so much now, do ya?”
His lips twitched a knowing smirk – then he bent beside Danny as though nothing had been said, and snatched the cans of beans out of the rugsack.
“I’ll be damned if I’m gonna live on this crap.” He complained grumpily, “But I guess it’s all we’ve got. C’mon, let’s go find some plates and sh*t. There’s bound to be some left in one of these places.”
He offered a hand to help Danny to his feet, but his dark eyes blazed dangerously – just daring the boy to make any comment about his freakishly out of character compassion.

The truth was, he remembered the guilt. Back when he had been ‘innocent’… He remembered the hurt and the nightmares… Perhaps the past few months of solitude had softened him, but for some reason he didn’t feel the urge to make Danny suffer more than he already was.
He’d said it once, and he’s say it again. The kid reminded him of himself, in a way. The way he used to be… And something about that kept him shockingly human.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:10 pm

[Kira is most assuredly not perspicacious. She has no clue whats going on xD It appears she has given up. She sure is no Deryn Sharp <.< *jumps deck*]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:59 pm

[[...Kira.]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:04 pm

[What? *bats eyelashes innocently*]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:21 pm

[[Shae is furiously stabbing my mind with insults.]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:24 pm

[Barking spiders, what a violent lass.
I honestly have no muse for anything but Steampunk type things.]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:55 pm

[[Okay, what is steampunk? My cousin was talking about it and I'm like "What da..."]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Shae padded lithely down the hallway, keeping an ear open for any of those insane people. You never could tell with them these days. Some actually exercised a certain amount of control over their… desires. They were capable of planning an attack and carrying it out. That would give them an edge over their counterparts. And although they were monsters, those particular ones had earned her grudging respect.
They’d also given her a nasty scar across the back of her right calf. She’d been walking through a dark room and hadn’t been very cautious. One – a male about thirty years old with a beer gut and a balding head – grabbed onto her ankle and slashed his blade across. She’d quickly decapitated him, but it had been very traumatizing. But she learned from it kept her alive in the middle of a peaceful hallway that was filled with hundreds of unsensed bodies, lying in wait to ambush her, hearts beating in sync…
Chuckling at her dark thoughts, Shae found the kitchen and looked around, pulling open drawers to the cabinets and picking through their contents, grabbing all the knives she could and fastening them onto her belt. She really hated using knives, but she was getting better at them, and there always seemed to be plenty.
No food, except for a stack of moldy and expired cheese, was to be found anywhere, no matter how hard she looked. The pantry shelves were bare, not a crumb in sight. Even the rats had had their fill of the food that lay within. She swore and slammed the door shut, kicking it for good measure. The hard soles of her military boots didn’t cave as she splintered the weak wood. She snorted. The sharp edges that jutted out faintly amused her.
They reminded her of the broken bones of that one guy she’d tortured a couple weeks ago. She’d wanted to know where he kept his stash of supplies. He had kept saying he didn’t have any; he was a lone traveler and was really poorly prepared. She didn’t believe him and broke his arms and legs. Finally the poor sod passed out and died shortly after. Turns out he had been telling the truth, although she couldn’t feel bad about it. His name had been Jeremy or Jimmy or something like that. The wood splintering off of the door looked similar to the way the bone jutted out of his shin. Of course then it had been soaked in blood, but that was beside the point. Ah, Jeremy. God rest his soul.
Shae snickered darkly and opened the last set of drawers, pleasantly surprising herself by finding a gun – similar to the first one she’d used when she was just 9 years old – with a complete round in it and a magazine sitting beside it. She guessed it was for those rowdy nights in the bar when someone didn’t like the way the other guy’s face looked and wanted to rearrange it.
Oh, this couldn’t have gotten any better! A gun of her own! She’d wanted one ever since her father died and didn’t tell her where he kept his stash. That had been a bad day. A dreary Monday morning was when he’d passed away. It was a heart attack. The thing she’d been most upset about was the fact that he’d told Catherine where he kept the guns and not her. She’d been more than a bit upset about that.
Laughing sadistically, she clutched the firearm to her chest and twirled around like a little girl, closing her eyes in sheer delight. This was amazing. The cool metal of the trigger felt natural against the dry skin of her hand. It fit perfectly, as if made just for her. Confidently, she flicked the safety off and pulled a silencer from her pocket, sticking it onto the end of the barrel. With one smooth motion, she cocked the pistol and pulled the trigger, watching as the narrow tube at the end spit out the speeding bullet with minimal noise. It landed squarely in the middle of two planks in the wall. Perfect.
Shae grinned and giggled as she walked back up the hallway. Giggled! She didn’t remember the last time she’d done that. Oh, it’d been years. When Catherine was still alive. The two of them would stay up late and have deep conversations. Catherine was really the only one who knew about Shae’s lack of feelings. And she’d understood. That had been nice. If she had to say she loved someone, then it would be Catherine. She was the closest thing she had to a friend. She was really the only person that had made her laugh or feel normal, especially in the early stages of her life. And that was something she’d be ever grateful to her for.
Sighing, but still smiling, she pushed open the door to the boys’ room, cocking her gun and twirling around, half wishing she had a dress on to spin in. She remembered one time when her mother took her and Catherine shopping when they were five or six. She’d tried on a pink princess gown and danced around, wondering why people thought she was cute. Even then she’d been a little deadly, but she missed the feeling of it.
I’m going soft, she muttered to herself, sighing.
Then she noticed the beans. The two cans were just sitting on the bed, and Mitch and Daniel were rustling around the room for something, maybe something to heat them with. But the beans. Why the hell was she not informed of them?! This was definitely not acceptable. All of the happiness of finding the gun melted away and was replaced by anger so cold and deep that she knew she needed to spill some blood in order to appease it. She had to. The animal inside of her clawed at her, begging to be released and unleash its rage upon these two miserable excuses for teammates. Even though they actually weren’t, they were at least comrades, and they needed to share.
Growling, she raised the gun and pointed it right at Daniel, knowing he had a gun that he could pull out and shoot her with. One move on his part, though, would cause a nice bullet to shoot straight through his skull and splatter his brain all over the wall. Gory, but necessary, oh so necessary.
“Make a move and Mr. Priss here dies.” Shae snarled through closed teeth, no sign of bluffing anywhere. Her outstretched arm was steady as it held the pistol straight at Daniel. She didn’t flinch, and she wasn’t going to.
“You have exactly thirty seconds to explain to me why the f*ck neither of you told me about the food.”

[[She's found her true love! And sorry Kir, I had to post xP Daniel and Mitch were getting too chummy xD

By the way, the scary girl to the left of all my posts is Shae. Or what she would look like. O.o]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:32 pm

[it's alright. I'll just never post again! *throws myself in a pit of despair.*
Jk. Well, not really. I'm probably not going to continue. Unless....*pulls out character sheets* alright. You guys carry on for a squick. I'll come back as soon as they're on the move again. Let's pretend Tundra turned himself into a cocoon and went away. Perhaps he followed mechanical butterflies. Anyhow, carry on.]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:39 am

((Don't be allarmed by longness. There's only a tiiny paragraph at the end to reply to Razz))

Never.
What?
It never goes away. But if you’re smart, or-... Maybe just cowardly… Well, you learn to accept it, eventually.
But 'eventually' was too long. Far too long... How long had I been putting up with the nightmares? The long nights spent curled up in a corner ripping my hair out, clenching my teeth hard enough so it hurt, desperately trying to force away the images that haunted me every second of my life? I had never been prepared for all this, I'd just been some popular guy in Secondary School with average grades and an obsession for girls. The closest to war and destruction I'd ever faced had been the rugby matches against other schools every week-end and having out PE teacher swearing at us from the sidelines to 'move our backsides' and 'chase the damned ball'. As for the pain, I'd been slapped in the face, once...
You just go kinda numb to it all. You forget how to feel… I mean, think about it. If it’s gonna be your lifestyle, you gotta learn to deal with it somehow. I got lucky – my life was f**ked even before all this began. I got a headstart.
He was right. I hated to admit it, but Mitch was actually making sense. I hated the fact he didn't find it half as hard as I did. I hated the fact he had been prepared for all this, and could even smile at that fact. Didn't he feel pain at all? ((Nope, that's Kougu you're getting mixed up with. Danny-boy. Razz))
As for the numbness... I'd been waiting for that to take over for what felt like forever. I'd gone through enough heartbreak, hadn't I? I'd lost pretty much everyone in my life, killed my best friend and watched an entire country crumble from high up as the earthquakes first began. Wasn't that enough?
I responded to his pat on the shoulder with a miserable huff, letting the impact rock me slightly. I wasn't in the mood for his light-humoured jokes, even if he was being nice...
It’ll get easier in time, mate. Or rather, you’ll get used to it. Just like that burn. Don’t feel it so much now, do ya?
I glared at him for a moment, my eyes speaking for me. Don't even go there, Mitch...
Of course he was right about that, too. But it didn't rid of the fact that he'd done it in the first place, and that it still hurt like hell whenever blood pumped through it. The pain killers had worked to an extent, but nothing could hide that pain, not even an over-dosage.
I ignored him as he snatched the cans from beside him and glanced down into my open bag, at the silver body of the whistle glistening in the dull, grey room. It had been my mum's. She could never play it well, but it was entertaining. I'd sit in the bath at five years old, splashing around in the bubbles, and she'd play a tune that I'd clap gleefully to. It was the only thing left of her I could find in the ruins of the house. Her body was embedded in the rubble. I didn't want to find either of them, so I didn't look.
Now it was my good luck charm. It had kept me alive, at least. Not too sure about the injuries, though...
I’ll be damned if I’m gonna live on this crap. But I guess it’s all we’ve got. C’mon, let’s go find some plates and sh*t. There’s bound to be some left in one of these places.
I was grateful for his change of subject, and so lifted my legs round so they were resting on the ground, picked up my walking stick and took his hand, pulling myself up. I might have thanked him, for both the talk and mending my bullet wound, but the look on his face told me that if I brought it up again, even when we were alone, he'd probably deny ever mentioning it or shrug it off. I'd been lucky to even get a smile from him, anyway.
Once I'd got my balance together, I began to look around the room for a place to start searching. There weren't many, so I silently decided we'd have to look around for a kitchen-type area, if there was one.
But before I could even take a step, Shae paraded in with an uncharacteristically broad smile on her face. I didn't even want to know what had made her change her tune, because knowing her, it wasn't pretty.
Then her wide, glistening eyes caught sight of the cans, and everything about her darkened. Her jaw clenched, her eyes narrowed, and it took me a few seconds to notice the gun in her hand.
Oh. Brilliant.
I sat down again, knowing that whatever tongue lashing we were going to get would probably give me no more will to want to stand, and raked my hand through my sleek hair. Here it comes...
I looked at her again, excuses on the tip of my tongue: We were going to tell you... You never said where you were going... We were going to save you some... Tundra doesn't know, either...
But the gun was already aimed at my head, it's steady tip nothing but a dark hole in my eyes, where a bullet hid in the shadows, waiting to shoot out at any moment.
I was used to having my life threatened, but that was generally at the hands of the monsters, where I could generally tell what they were going to do. When a monster presses a blade to your throat or points a gun to your head, you know they will kill you so you have the upper hand at being able to fight them off, because they're so predictable. Shae, on the other hand, was sane – as sane was, nowadays – and I had no idea what she was thinking, other than the obvious, that we were assholes.
Make a move and Mr. Priss here dies.
Priss?
“Oh, now that's just mean.” I moaned, hiding the tension in my voice. I had to be careful what I said, I knew, but... Priss? That was a bit uncalled for, wasn't it?
I narrowed my eyes boredly, and glanced down at the gun handle poking out of my backpack. Did she think I was seriously stupid enough to use that thing? I'd probably miss anyway, even if I had the time to shoot.
You have exactly thirty seconds to explain to me why the f*ck neither of you told me about the food.
Wow, she was really hacked off, wasn't she?
But still, picking on me because I couldn't run away or fight her was bullying. Victimisation. What was wrong with pointing at Mitch? I'd tell her everything she wanted to know, then. I wouldn't have to worry about dying, either.
But at times like this, it was every man for himself. 'Nuff said.
“Alright.” I muttered, faking a yawn. “Before you flip your lid, sweetness, you didn't say where you were going.” If she had, I'd not been listening. Probably too busy feeling sorry for myself... “Second, I'd only just remembered about these cans. I'd been carrying them around with me for weeks, I'd forgotten about them. They were just for emergencies...” I coughed into my fist, thinking each word off the top of my head.
“Seriously honey, look at me.” I gestured to myself. “I may be hungry – hell, aren't we all – but I have the decency not to scoff a whole can of beans by myself when I'm surrounded by other starving sods. I mean, out of all the ways to die, having my throat clawed out is not the top of my favourites list.” I decided not to say being shot in the head actually was on the top of the list, or close enough, at least. “Look, we were looking for plates. You're here now, you can have your share. Happy?”
I didn't know what it was like in the pink, flowery word of Shae, but in my mind this was just plain mean. Even if they were mine...
“In fact, there's some sh*tty coffee in one of the compartments in my bag that I stole from the coffee shop. Why don't you have some of that, and for goodness' sake put that damned thing away.” I gestured to the gun, my eyes flickering unnervingly. “If it goes off, you'll alert any of Them within miles of this place that we're here. Believe it or not, I'd rather live another day, thanks.” I rolled me eyes.
If that got me shot, Good Luck Mitchy-boy. If he had any sense, he'd smile and nod. But since he probably didn't, God help him.
I raised an eyebrow at Shae questioningly, silently hoping she'd let this one go. Besides which, those would have been laughably terrible last words.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:48 am

Mitch heard Daniel’s sensible explanations and excuses without really listening – but like the gentleman he was, he waited for Danny to finish before he said his piece.
Then he cocked his head curiously to one side, and smiled at Shae in that uncharacteristically polite way of his. It was that expression that always preceded trouble…
“I’m sorry, my dear – I must be mistaken, but…” He paused to add a tinkling laugh which, for all its fakeness, sounded all too real and out of place coming from him, “I could have sworn you just threatened something that I’ve made my responsibility… But I know I must have heard wrong, because you would never do something so stupid, would you Shae?” He smiled indulgently at her, as though he was actually complimenting her, and in one quick motion – he had whipped his gun out of his pocket (He always kept it close by), cocked it, and aimed it right at her head.
In the time it took her to move her gun from Danny to him, she’d be dead. His reflexes were quicker than a snake’s.
“I know I must have been mistaken, because Shae, you of all people should know that it’s easier to avenge somebody than to save them.”
He smiled again - in that sweet, charming way of his that actually would have made him seem a handsome gentleman if it had been sincere – but this time a hint of darkness crept into his expression, and one eyebrow quirked upwards.
“To answer your question, my dear, I didn’t know about the food until right now – but even if I did, I wouldn’t have scoured the globe searching for you to tell you about it.”
You and I both know that under the surface we’ve got knives at each other’s throats.
He did not say it, but it was implied.
“As things are, we’re not much of a team. It’s every man for himself, even if we’re travelling together. So if you’re going to walk in and threaten this punk’s life just because we failed to tell you about a couple of cans of beans, then you can hardly expect that we’ll have your back in the future.”
He drew in a deep breath, then released it in a sigh, and reverted back to his usual behaviour – if perhaps slightly more sensible.
“Look, Shae – I don’t like it any more than you do, but the truth is that we’ll die if we don’t work together. Don’t act like you haven’t noticed it – this whole thing is getting worse. Their numbers are increasing, and they’re getting’ smarter. You’re a tough chick, and I know you think you can handle it alone. I did, too – but I’ve seen what’s coming, and much as it sucks, the truth is that not even the best of us could survive this thing alone.”
His eyes narrowed, and he finished, “Shae, do you want to live, or do you want to die?” It was not a threat – that was clear in Mitch’s body language. Although he still pointed the gun toward her, he showed no intention of firing it.
It was a simple question.
Are you with us, or against us?

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:24 am

Shae listened to Daniel, paying very close attention. She needed to figure out how this boy's brain worked. What thoughts swarmed his head when he was scared to death? What images popped into his mind when forced to think of a situation? How would he handle... well, basically her?
“Oh, now that's just mean.”
Welcome to the real world, babe. She snorted and arched her eyebrow, waiting for more. Hopefully he knew that she didn't like him. Otherwise... well, he was even dumber than she'd originally thought. And that was saying a lot. But she needed to give him some sort of credit. He'd stayed alive this far, hadn't he?
“Alright. Before you flip your lid, sweetness, you didn't say where you were going. Second, I'd only just remembered about these cans. I'd been carrying them around with me for weeks, I'd forgotten about them. They were just for emergencies...”
Hm. His story seemed credible enough. It was probably true. She'd never given them - exept for Tundra, but the kid seemed to have vanished - the courtesy of knowing where she was going. Not that she ever told anyone where she was going anyway...
“Seriously honey, look at me. I may be hungry – hell, aren't we all – but I have the decency not to scoff a whole can of beans by myself when I'm surrounded by other starving sods. I mean, out of all the ways to die, having my throat clawed out is not the top of my favourites list. Look, we were looking for plates. You're here now, you can have your share. Happy?”
Shae snorted. Of course he had the decency. He was a weakling. He had feelings. He cared about others. Or maybe she was just too hardened. When was the last time she even noticed a person's fading heartbeat as she killed them? The last time she bothered to listen to their dying screams or their fading breaths? It had been a while...
She was about to make some snappy retort, but then he interrupted her yet again with another annoying comment about coffee and putting her gun away. She rolled her eyes. She'd be damned if she was going to put it away.
"No coffee. And this thing has a silencer on it. If I were to shoot you, no one except for me and Mitch would know." She chuckled darkly and turned to Mitch as he began to speak. This would be a lot worse than Daniel's little speech.
“I’m sorry, my dear – I must be mistaken, but… I could have sworn you just threatened something that I’ve made my responsibility… But I know I must have heard wrong, because you would never do something so stupid, would you Shae?”
What was he getting at? That he and Daniel had gotten chummy while she was away? Jesus, how long had she been gone?!
Then he pulled out his gun and aaimed iit at her head. She could see clear up the barrel to the bullet waiting, which, on command, would fire into the space on her forehead between her eyebrows and splatter the wall with her brains. But not before she, in turn, shot Daniel. Oh, no. If Mitch took her life, she'd take his precious pet's. She she just let a small smile form darkly on her lips, letting her expression become insane.
“I know I must have been mistaken, because Shae, you of all people should know that it’s easier to avenge somebody than to save them.”
He was acting now - although she had no doubt there was a hint of truth behind his threatening words. He had his mask on, the one that terrified every victim he'd killed in close range. His whole body spoke deadly intent. His voice was soft, but lethal. It was clear what he was planning.
But she never moved her gun from Daniel's head, just stood there and let the insane smile spread her lips even more.
“To answer your question, my dear, I didn’t know about the food until right now – but even if I did, I wouldn’t have scoured the globe searching for you to tell you about it As things are, we’re not much of a team. It’s every man for himself, even if we’re travelling together. So if you’re going to walk in and threaten this punk’s life just because we failed to tell you about a couple of cans of beans, then you can hardly expect that we’ll have your back in the future.”
Shae snorted. She didn't want to 'team up' or whatever. She wanted to be on her own. Solitary. So she wouldn't feel tempted to kill sane people like these, no matter how dumb they were. If only they could see teaming up with her was not the best option. She lived to kill, to feel blood soaking her hands, to see mangled corpses and know they were her work. She ran on adrenaline, the adrenaline of murdering someone and getting away with it and having her name feared. That was what she loved about being... herself.
“Look, Shae – I don’t like it any more than you do, but the truth is that we’ll die if we don’t work together. Don’t act like you haven’t noticed it – this whole thing is getting worse. Their numbers are increasing, and they’re getting’ smarter. You’re a tough chick, and I know you think you can handle it alone. I did, too – but I’ve seen what’s coming, and much as it sucks, the truth is that not even the best of us could survive this thing alone."
Tough. That was the best word he could use to describe her? Insulting. She snorted, but didn't show her irritation.
“Shae, do you want to live, or do you want to die?”
That notion made her start laughing again. Did she want to live or die? They should be asking themselves that!
She rolled her eyes and pulled the silencer off the grun, shoving it down her shirt, but still clutching the gun in her hand. It was too precious to let go just yet. Chuckling, she walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge of it, lying down and staring up at the ceiling, very bemused.
"You two should ask yourselves that. Why exactly are you travelling with me if it's every man - or woman - for themselves?" She sat up and looked at both of them, intently watching them to check their reactions. She really wanted to see what their reaction would be when they realized what she truly was.
"I'm a killer. That's what I was born. Remember my little story I told you? About how you can never know if someone is truly on your side until they stab you in the back one night? Well I killed her. My roommate. She was my first kill. They never caught me."
She snickered and pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging them like a frightened little girl - although she clearly was relishing in telling them the gruesome tale of her life.
"You shouldn't trust me. I'm a sociopath. I have no conscience. When my father died? The only thing I regretted was that he never told me where his gun stash was. When my twin was killed? I didn't care. I didn't cry. I didn't feel anything.
See, that's how I kill and not care. I just don't feel. I can't empathize with people. I don't make friends. I don't love anyone. I can't trust anyone. Catherine was the closest person I ever came to trusting." She chuckled and yawned, glaring at each of them when she was done.
"So now I ask you. Do you want to live or die?"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:39 am

[oy, I'm working on a new character for this roleplay. Carry on what you're doing, but prepare to meet Carder Twisted Evil ]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:35 pm

[Say hullo to Carder.]

The girl had left long ago. He didn't remember if he'd had a conversation with her or not. Who cared? She obviously didn't. He could hear a ruckus from upstairs, no doubt Shae and the others getting into a squabble. He ventured as far to wonder what it was over...of course he wouldn't find out. Maybe later he'd ask about it, but there was no point in going up there now. He figured if he interrupted he'd get his brains blasted out or his guts spilled. Either choice wasn't something he fancied happening to him.
Tundra continued down the hall, finally reaching the end. He found a set of stairs, and a wide grin broke out on his face. He started down them, incredibly caucious. It wouldn't do anyone any good for him to die because of a rickety step. Maybe they didn't realize he, heck he didn't even realize it, but there may be something important for him to do. He liked to believe so, which is why he was still alive.
He set his foot on one of the stairs, and it gave way beneath his weight. He winced and pressed himself against the wall, hoping nothing would come slithering up to eat him. Nothing did. He continued, even slower than before. Nothing gave way again, much to his pleasure. Tundra finally reached the bottom of the flight, reaching a landing. There were more stairs, and he figured they led to the basement. Part of him really wanted to go down, and part of him really really didn't.
He decided to go with the curious, reckless, and stupid part.
Tundra began to descend the stairs, going so slow a snail could easily surpass him. After what seemed like hours he reached the bottom of the steps, surprisingly still alive. He released a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding, and felt around for a light switch. He quickly found it, and flipped the lights on. The fluorescents surprisingly turned on, but the flickered frequently. He glanced around, and saw that the place was empty but he could smell the stench of death. Well, this whole complex smelled of death. He began to explore, turning everything over. He didn't find anything of interest.
Suddenly, he saw something dart behind him. He turned quickly, reaching for something in his belt. He grabbed the hilt of a knife. He couldn't remember ever getting a knife, but to his relief it was there. However, whatever he had seen was now gone.
He returned to his exploring, keeping the knife at the ready and his guard continually up. He saw an opening in the wall, leading to another room. It looked like a laundry room or something, so he started for it. He was almost through the threshold, but he was slammed into the wall by a heavy form. He turned to catch a glimpse of reddish-brown hair, but soon he was pinned against the floor, the knife clattering out of his reach.

"Who the hell are you?" A gruff voice said from above him, and he was greeted by ocean-colored eyes. It looked to be a boy, about 16 or 17. His mouth was set in a grim line, and his hair was shaggy and unkempt but still a gleaming mahogany color. He pointed a gun at Tundra, his eyes narrowed in accusation.
"I asked you a question, answer!" The boy kicked him, not hard enough to bruise but hard enough to get his point across. Tundra realized he had a thick accent...Scottish, maybe?
"T-Tundra. My name's Tundra." He said, trying to readjust himself so he was less uncomfortable.
"Aye, I'm sure it is. And what are you doing down here, Tundra?" The boy asked, his lip curling in disgust as he said his name.
"Just exploring. Look, I'm sorry, I was hoping there would be food down here." The lie flowed smoothly off his lips, and the boy got off of him. He pulled him to his feet, but the gun was still trained on his chest.
"There's more of you. Where are they?" The boy asked, shoving the barrel of the gun at him.
"There aren't any more, it's just me." He held his hands up in defense, and he could see the boy's hand curl into a fist.
"Don't lie to me, I'll blast your brains out you bum-rag."
Tundra couldn't be sure, but he was pretty sure the boy was telling the truth.
"What's your name?" Tundra asked, trying to change the subject.
"Carder. Now, take me to your friends and we won't be having any problems." The boy jabbed him in the side with the gun, then walked over and picked up his knife. He studied it for a moment, then slid it into a loop in his belt. He waved for Tundra to lead the way, which he slowly obliged to.
Pretty soon the pair were standing outside the door, listening to the squabbles inside.
"Noisy bunch you got here." Carder said, arching an eyebrow. Tundra merely shrugged, then knocked on the door. It squeaked open.
"Um, hi there. We have company." He said sheepishly, stepping aside. Carder stepped in, and looked around at the trio. His gaze lingered on Shae, and his eyes narrowed even more. After a moment he fixated on Mitch, assuming he was their leader. He completely ignored the other guy.
"Barking spiders, you lot are noisy!"
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:22 pm

I'm sorry, my dear – I bust have been mistaken, but... I could have sworn you just threatened something that I’ve made my responsibility… But I know I must have heard wrong, because you would never do something so stupid, would you Shae?
I shot Mitch a grateful glance, releasing the tension in my shoulders. So he had meant what he'd said. He had my back, alright.
Surprised as I was, I had to say I was glad for his support. Even if the bastard had f*cked up my leg, - and I'd probably never be able to walk soundly again, thanks to him – he was right in that I was alive, and this wouldn't be the first time he'd saved my life.
Of course, I couldn't go as far as smiling, that would be too obvious. Too friendly. So I subtly jerked my head into a respectful nod and laid back down over the mattress, my good leg bent casually towards the ceiling, the other straight. Shae wouldn't shoot me if she couldn't see my face. That was what killers usually craved, wasn't it? Seeing the look in the poor sod's eyes before they killed them? Well, shooting the top of my head whilst I was laying down wouldn't be too impressive, that is, if she got far. So this time, I was alright.
I heard another unmistakable click of a gun being cocked, and realised Mitch had pointed his own weapon right at Shae's head. I could feel the point of Shae's gun burning in the top of my head, but remained perfectly still and as calm as I could possibly be, keeping my gaze locked on the damp, mouldy ceiling.
As things are, we’re not much of a team. It’s every man for himself, even if we’re travelling together. So if you’re going to walk in and threaten this punk’s life just because we failed to tell you about a couple of cans of beans, then you can hardly expect that we’ll have your back in the future.
We... I frowned at the word. Since when was there ever a we? Since I got shot? Since Mitch 'sorted' it for me? Since our somewhat personal conversation a few minutes ago? Either way, Shae wasn't yet part of this 'we' yet, Mitch seemed to make that one clear.
I smirked to myself, despite still having the gun aimed at my head.
Mitch's speech went on and on, eventually his point becoming more evident. We needed to work together, the world was falling apart, the monsters were getting clever... I winced, but not from the dull pain of my leg. Because of the reminder than every day was going to get tougher and tougher, living was going to get more and more difficult, no matter how strong-willed you were. It wasn't as simple as sleeping and eating. It was hiding, learning to fight, hiding your tracks, making sure no one was following you, keeping an eye on the shadows... And fighting the nightmares that haunted your inner conscience and kept you awake at night.
Shae, do you want to live, or do you want to die?
Hm. How many times had I asked myself that very question?
I couldn't control my gaze as it slid towards where the silencer had headed, and hoped to the Heavens that Shae hadn't noticed. I didn't care if she'd only been kidding when she'd poked me with that knife, I'd got her message as clearly as I'd got Mitch's. If she caught me gazing at her in that way, I could wave my days on this hell-hole of a planet goodbye.
But she hadn't noticed. Or if she had, she didn't care. Instead, she wandered to another bed in the room and laid on her back casually, gun still in hand. I let out a long sigh of breath I hadn't been conscious of holding and rested both my hands behind my head. Fumes of the probably dead sod that had last worn the shirt wafted into my nose, mixed with a few specks of dust and mud. I sneezed.
You two should ask yourselves that. Why exactly are you travelling with me if it's every man - or woman - for themselves?
I choked on my surprise, eyebrows raised as I turned my head to stare at her disbelievingly. We were travelling with her? Who did she think she was? We'd never asked her to come along...
Again with the 'we'...
But the point still stood, we were a team, no matter which way we looked about it. She wasn't the leader, here. She wasn't the lowest of the group, no – that was probably me, to be honest – but she certainly wasn't the leader.
I shook my head, every word ready to dribble off the tip of my tongue, so I clenched my jaw to keep them from escaping. Anything I said would get me shot. No doubt about that.
Shae told us more of her story, rocking back and forth like a troubled child on the bed, and kept an eye on her maddening expression. The b*tch was mental, there was no doubt about that. Bloody mental.
My choice of words suddenly caught on, and I found myself grinning.
It didn't surprise me that she'd always been a psycho. To be honest, it had probably done her good in a world like this, and it will have certainly kept her alive. Although, how she'd kept her mind from the monsters, I had no idea.
But when she finally finished speaking, she glared at us both with such intensity I found my eyes narrowing at her defensively. Who knew what her problem was with me and Mitch? Maybe it was because we were perverts, or maybe she just felt threatened by the fact that Mitch was a fair opponent, and she was no longer the one in charge of everyone. Not that I cared, though. She could think what she liked.
But as I'd said, if I died because of my leg, or any of them, really, I'd comeback and haunt them all. Just for the fun of it.
So now I ask you. Do you want to live or die?
Sighing, I dropped my head back on the cardboard-thin mattress and stared back up at the ceiling. She was trying to scare us. Well, it certainly wasn't working with me, that's for sure.
“You know my answer, Shae.” I purred, not breaking my eyes away from a shape of damp mould that had formed near the corner of the room above my head. There was something about it that made it look like a deformed basset hound...
“But don't – not even for a second – think that I fear you. This group isn't your group. You're not in charge. I don't trust you, and you've given me good reason not to. Everything you've just said only proves my point further.”
Not once did I look at her, but the firmness in my tone showed exactly how much I meant it. I didn't give a crap if I'd gone over some invisible line, because I had no respect for that lass besides the absolute necessary that would keep her from killing me. I didn't fear anyone there except, perhaps, Mitch on a bad day.
I barely flinched as the door squeaked open, expecting it to be Tundra wanting to know about the food. It was Tundra, but an extra pair of footsteps behind him suddenly cause my sensed to prick in alert. Someone else was here.
Barking spiders, you lot are noisy!
My eyebrows pulled together. He wasn't a monster, he was definitely sane, but-
That accent... I'd recognise it anywhere. Scottish. Pure, slick, plain Scottish. He sounded like home. ((*note* Tiny detail, although I know I kinda forgot about it, but Danny-boy here is also Scottish. But his accent has faded from being away from home for so long ^_^)) When the male barged in, his reddish hair messy, but strangely glossy, and his shockingly blue eyes darting towards Mitch, I sucked in a breath. He had a gun, and probably plenty of other weapons, but that wasn't the point. He was Scottish. Totally Scottish. And he reminded me so much of what I left behind after the earthquakes something inside me, a light, went out. I'd not heard an accent like that in a long, long time.
Replacing my emptiness with bitter frustration, I looked back away from the male back to the ceiling, a smirk playing on my lips. It was a simple smirk, the one worn by assholes all over the world, only there to annoy the hell out of people. I would not let this guy, or any of them, see my biggest weakness.
“Holy sh*t Tundra, you little b*stard...” I shook my head. “Didn't your folks ever tell you not to pick up strays? F*ck knows how many diseases they carry.”
If that pissed him off, tough. Let Mitch sort him out. If worst came to worst, I'd throw a knife his way. I may have been crippled, but I could definitely throw with a decent aim, even laid down.
I chuckled at him, clasping my hands calmly behind my head with a tired yawn.

((Haha! Danny-boy must you be so reckless? XD))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Mitch waited until Shae was done, and until he was sure she was looking at him, then he gave a theatrically loud and noisy fake yawn.
“Oh, sorry Love, y’done talking now? Can’t imagine I missed anything important.”
One corner of his mouth twitched upwards in a smirk, “I don’t give a f**k who you were, or who you are. Anybody alive in a world like this has gotta be pretty f**ked up.” He frowned, and looked down on her condescendingly, “Of course I don’t trust you. But I sure as sh*t don’t fear you. You’re a killer? A sociopath? Good for you – want me to fetch you a f**king Noddy badge?” His speech faltered for a split second, as he surprised himself by drudging up a saying from his past. Back at the orphanage, that was the sort of thing he’d often heard the carers say… He was surprised it had stuck.
But that didn’t matter now. The past was just that: Past.
“I don’t fear you, Shae. And I don’t see you as a threat to my life. Say what you like, but you know as well as I do that two guns are better than one.”
He heard, in a distracted sort of way, Daniel uttering a similar reply beside him. He had to say, he was surprised. Either Daniel was a very good liar, or he honestly didn’t fear Shae…
That meant he was either very brave, very stupid, or very trusting in him – Mitch – as his protector. Actually, they all amounted to the same thing: The boy was stupid. But in this sort of world, stupidity served one well.
Once again, he was struck by just how much Danny reminded him of a younger Mitch. ((This whole ‘same age’ thing is just not going through his head. XD Blame the drugs!))
He sighed, then, dismissing his thoughts, and slipped his gun back into his belt.

Just a second later, he rather wished he hadn’t.
The door of the room swung open, and Mitch jerked around so fast he looked like a puppet on strings.
There stood Tundra – but Mitch barely saw the squirt over the far more pressing presence behind him.
The newcomer said something, but Mitch did not hear. Hard blue eyes gripped his gaze – and though he refused to drop them, he could feel the burning black chasm of the gun mere centimeters away.
When this boy still did not look away, Mitch seemed to swell. The changes in his posture were unnoticeable – but somehow the change was evident.
His muscles tensed, shoulders crept up, and veins began rising below his skin, from his neck to his temple. His lips pulled into a snarl, teeth glinting just slightly as his body responded with animal instincts to the stare that he had taken as a threat.
Funny, really… He saw that stare as a threat, a challenge… But the gun? He barely took notice.
To sum it up, Mitch looked ready to pounce. With fists slowly furling and unfurling at his sides, he looked ready to fling himself on the newcomer, and rip out his throat using tooth and claw. The anger within him reared its ugly head, sending a hopeful spark of interest out toward the blue-eyed boy.
Had it not been for Danny, Mitch might have killed him where he stood.
Why? Well, he had a provocative face… What excuse could be better?
But then Danny, the son of a bitch, broke through his bullfighter haze with a few insulting words.
“Holy sh*t Tundra, you little b*stard... Didn't your folks ever tell you not to pick up strays? F*ck knows how many diseases they carry.”
Mitch couldn’t help it; he snorted in amusement – then a bark of laughter jumped unbidden from his lips.
He threw Danny a brief glance, then turned his attention back to the Scot. That accent was Scottish. He didn’t even have to be listening to know that.
“You gotta problem, Scottie?” He challenged, jerking his chin up threateningly. “Best put your toy away, kid…” Mitch nodded toward the gun, “We wouldn’t want someone to be… Hurt… Now, would we?”
A cool smile slowly formed on his lips – and that insincere politeness was back, the murderous glint in his eye.
It had been too long. The bloodlust was growing stronger…
Somewhere in the depths of his sanity, he felt an inhuman instinct to maim and kill fighting his intentions.
His eyes darkened, and in the space of a heartbeat, he succumbed to it.

His gun was out faster than the blink of an eye, and he fired the bullet without a moment’s hesitation. It darted from the gun with deadly accuracy at his master hand, and crossed the room faster than the naked eye could track.
Time seemed to stand still.
In the cruel slow motion, silence reigned, and all that could be heard were a series of heavy heartbeats, and the distant roar of the gunshot lingering in the air.
The moment dragged on an eternity, and just when it seemed it would never end, time sped up, and blood spattered the opposite wall: Thick, red and glutinous. It was as if he’d whacked open a gory piñata.
For a few heartstopping moments, it was unclear just whose blood that was – but then an unfamiliar human form crumpled somewhere just behind the newcomer’s back.
Knife still in hand, the human-thing gurgled incoherent words through a mouthful of blood, convulsed pitifully, and fell still.
Mitch fired another shot for good measure, and grinned at the resulting jump of the corpse, and further splatter of blood on the floor.
“A masterpiece.” He muttered dispassionately, though a proud smirk toyed with his lips.
“Seems we’ve been found out, Boys…” He paused for a moment, realising that ‘boys’ did not necessarily include everybody, and added, “Danny.”
Shae was more man than that poor coward.
“Guess we were too…” His eyes found Scottie’s. Cold and daring. “Noisy…”
He swung his pistol skilfully around on his finger, then shoved it into his pocket, and arrogantly turned his back on the armed Scot, whose name he neither knew nor cared to learn. Whether or not he tagged along as his own business.
“Oi, Danny-Boy, can ya walk?” Mitch grunted, nodding toward his little ‘toy’ (Danny), “Where there’s one, there’s likely more. They’ll be coming in fleets soon, and-“ He paused to utter a bark of laughter – a wide, eager grin stretching across his face, “I don’t wanna be late for my own party…”
Mitch’s dark eyes were alive with the thrill of death. He was in his element, for better or for worse.
It was better than drugs, and for him that was saying something.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:57 pm

[oh god we're all so welcoming to poor Carder.
Just a squick of information about Carder: 'he' is actually a she. Carder's a crossdresser due to the fact that she believes people will respect her more if they see her as a guy. She's old fashioned Razz but anyhow, no one's supposed to know she's a she, so carry on as though Carder's a boy. But I'll be switching perspectives every now and then, so when I use 'he' it's probably Tundra, and when I use 'she' it's Carder.
Did you get that? xD

*can't resist responding* So um. I'm gonna respond. Just so y'all can get a better picture of Carder...and give Batty more to respond to Twisted Evil ]

Tundra felt his teeth clench down on his bottom lip. The action was involuntary, but something necessary to do. He could taste the metallic, bitter, yet oddly wonderful flavor of blood and his lip cracked. No doubt it'd be scarred. Who cared? He was mostly worried about Carder's reaction.
"Well, of course they did. This one just had a gun." He responded to Daniel with a shrug, warily glancing at the armed Scot, then looked away. He started to inspect a spot on the wall behind Daniel, not wanting to get a bullet through his head. He didn't know this guy very well, but he was pretty sure he wouldn't kill anyone unless absolutely necessary. However, Tundra could see Carder tense up behind him, and out of the corner of his eye he could see the boy's jaw set. Obviously not a happy response.
Tundra's attention was then drawn to Mitch. The guy was rearing up like a kobra. Seemed like an odd, typical Mitch response. He thought for sure Carder was going to be shot on the spot. As the older boy let the shot ring out, Tundra's eyes instinctively shut tight. He looked at the wall and saw blood spattered across it, but when he looked to wear the Scottish boy had been standing, he was still there. His expression hadn't changed whatsoever, and when Tundra turned he saw that Mitch had shot a monster.
Well that's no good. He thought, turning back to the other three. Mitch had obviously already taken control of the situation, and it was blatantly obvious that they had to leave this place. He figured they'd have to leave sooner or later, but he'd really hoped he could have gotten a shower in first. Seemed like he'd be waiting just a bit longer.

Carder's attention stayed locked on the seemingly oldest one there. However, her gaze averted as soon as the boy who had been laying down spoke. As his words reached her ears, she ground her teeth together. She could kill him in a second, and he was really going to try to get under her skin? Well, naturally she wasn't going to let him. Instead, after a brief moment of rage coursing through her, she relaxed her lips into a sly smile.
"Well, I don't see what the difference is since he's already got three." She ignored the younger boy as he talked, saying something about how she'd had a gun and blah blah blah. All true, of course. She figured he got ignored a lot, but she couldn't blame the poor lad for speaking up. She liked him, but she wouldn't hesitate to kill him if he threatened her life in any way.
Finally, her attention was drawn back to the older male. She could tell he was getting pissed, due to the fact that she'd held his gaze with defiance. That of course brought a smile to her lips. No doubt this guy saw himself as in charge, whether conciously doing so or not. It seemed the other three did too, but based on the fighting she'd heard she wasn't sure it was the same for the girl. She briefly broke eye contact with the man, taking the girl in. Red hair, cat-like eyes, and a very very cold vibe. Definitely a ruthless killer. Carder could see this girl killing someone just for the fun of it.
When she turned back to the other one, he had a gun pointed at her.
"Barking spi-" However her curse was cut short but the blast of the gun. It didn't hit her though, as she expecting. She could hear blood spattering against the wall, and everything seemed to go in slow-mo. She turned, seeing the dead body of a monster. She re-composed herself, and turned back to the others.
“Seems we’ve been found out, Boys…”
He said it slowly, and Carder glanced down. Boys? Oh, right. They all thought she was a boy. Good, let them keep it that way. It'd make everything easier for her.
“Guess we were too…noisy."
Carder's eyes locked yet again on the boy's, and immediately narrowed. It was an obvious threat, daring Carder to show any threat to this guy's authority. Ah, so he wanted her to be tough? Alright, she could be tough.
"Aye, that you were. Keep it down just a squick next time." She smiled cheekily, and gave him a wink. She looked at the boy laying down, and then figured she'd introduce herself, for courtesy's sake.
"Well, before you lot start off, better introduce myself. Name's Carder, not that you'd care. But you should." She chuckled, then reached into her belt and pulled out the knife she'd taken from Tundra.
"Here, take your knife. Guarantee you'll be needing it." She handed it over, and the kid took it, shoving it into his own belt-loop. She glanced around, and shoved her hands nonchalantly into her pockets. She leaned against the door frame and watched the in quartet ((would they be a quartet? I vote yes)) silence, her blue eyes narrowing. She brushed some of her hair out of them, flitting her gaze about. The oldest was asking the other boy if he could walk. For the first time she noticed he was injured. That was interesting, what on earth would make them want to keep him around?
Suddenly, she brightened up.
"Say, you're leaving here yeah? Don't answer, of course you are. You'd have to be complete loons not to. Anyways, I know somewhere you can go. It's pretty safe, none of those monsters have showed up there yet. Sort of like...a refuge, you know, for refugees?" She chuckled, then continued, "I can show you if you'd like." She looked at each of them in turn, the smile never leaving her lips. She, obviously, was doing a good job of maintaining her sanity.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next