Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive?

+4
Sarahkinz
BloodyWhiteWolf
Rorah
Polo trapped in an inkpot
8 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive? Empty The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive?

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Open to anybody and everybody. Please, please join - and please stay committed! This could be great if we all put a bit of effort in! Smile

Inspiration:

28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead
The Oatmeal's Zombie Apocalypse Comic (Warning, this is pretty rude, so if you're sensitive to profanity, don't click it. XD )

Oatmeal quiz

Plot: The Zombie apocalypse is upon us! 'Zombies' are undead humans infected by a virus that destroys their human consciousness completely and makes them hunger for flesh. The virus is passed through biting - therefore any human bitten by a zombie will, within a matter of time, become one. Zombies are slow, stupid and clumsy - but they cannot feel pain, so they are difficult to kill. Best methods for killing a zombie: Destroy their head, or burn them.
The zombie virus originated from a research center where some scientists' experiments went very wrong, and they became infected with the virus they accidentally created. From there, it spread, until the majority of humans around the world were infected.
Now, the world faces an apocalypse: The end of humanity, and of life as we know it. The zombies wreak havoc on every corner, and every minute, their numbers multiply.
Can anybody survive the end of the world?
Is there any hope at all for the human race...?

Form: (You may use your own)

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Amount of time it would take him/her to be infected by a zombie bite (if you took the test):
Family/Friends/Zombie-fighting posse:
Other:

Rules:

1. You may have as many characters as you like, and you may kill them off or zombify them as you see fit. Smile
2. Any character bitten by a zombie WILL become a zombie.
3. Anybody may play as many zombies as they like - but zombies are props only, not characters, as they do not have human consciousness. They cannot speak - only groan, roar, or "Grwaaaar!" (Whatever zombies do.)
4. Just to make things more interesting, people's characters CAN be infected without their permission, BUT - only if they are being so reckless that, in reality, there would be no possible chance of escape for their character.

Examples:
"Steve jumped off the stage, yelling "I'm going to save us all!" into a waiting crowd of zombies, and they crowd-surfed him to the nearest safehouse, where he was deposited unharmed."
This is incorrect.

"Steve jumped off the stage, yelling "I'm going to-" But he never finished his sentence, because the waiting crowd of zombies were upon him like blowflies on a rotting corpse.
This is correct.

It makes things more interesting if there's a risk. Therefore if your character is not appropriately defended for the amount of zombies he/she is taking on... Say goodnight. XD

Have fun, guys! Very Happy I really think this is going to go well! Smile Romance is allowed, and encouraged - as is the pairing of characters, if you so desire. Completely up to you. If anybody feels that there character is being left out, just let us know - and hopefully somebody will be willing to make a spare character to help out. Smile

Last edited by Polo the Weirdo on Sun May 22, 2011 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A million typing errors. :()

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive? Empty Re: The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive?

Post  Rorah Mon May 23, 2011 10:43 am

[[oh my goodness Polokins, I'm totally joining Very Happy Ima little curious, what's the TEST? :O Is it an exam? Oh goodness noo! *looks around madly* I have an English narrative Exam on thursday...Oh dear god...]]
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon May 23, 2011 11:02 am

((The oatmeal quiz stated above: How long it will take you to get infected from a zombie bite. XD Just for funsies. It would take me 60 minutes. :3

Eeeek, scary exams! O.o

*Dies* Rorah, know what sucks? I bet this RP is going to end up being just us... Razz I sent a message out to everybody, but I've had no replies. I'm starting to wonder if it even sent. XD *Dies again* ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Mon May 23, 2011 11:17 am

[[YAY I last 54 minutes! Now, onto my form...]]

Name: Megan Keeper (Meg)
Appearance: Fairly muscular, but not overly. Rather strong, thanks to all the athletics she does. Meg has light blonde hair that is normally tied up in a ponytail, but when it isn't, it falls to her chest. She has bright, leafy green eyes. She looks like the sort of person who should be in the toilets constantly doing her makeup, or hanging out with guys twice her age, one of the good looking people instantly mistaken for chavs or sluts.
Personality: Meg can be a little short-tempered at times, but she's very much a team player, and very kind when you get to know her. She is often quite a leader, and is used to telling people what to do, although she does recognize her bossiness from time to time.
History: Nothing tragic, no car accidents or anything...just...zombies. Lots and lots of zombies.
Amount of time it would take him/her to be infected by a zombie bite (if you took the test): 54 minutes.
Family/Friends/Zombie-fighting posse: Best friend Darren Very Happy
Other: Nothing really Razz

Last edited by Rorahkins on Mon May 23, 2011 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  BloodyWhiteWolf Mon May 23, 2011 11:38 am

-Character Info-
Name: Nina Stradden
Appearance: A skinny woman with peach-colored skin. She stands about 5'7, weighs about 135. She has golden blonde hair and blue eyes. No tattoo's or hardcore scars, she's not into that kind of stuff. She is wearing a gray shirt that says "Be Happy" in big yellow letters on it (but you can barely tell because it's covered in blood), blue jeans that are covered in dirt and mud, and some Sketchers shoes.
Personality: Nina is a worry-wart (and now she has a good reason to be with the zombie apocalypse and all.). She's easily afraid and quick to run. She doesn't like fighting, but when it comes to her life she will do her best to survive. She's kind-hearted and sympathetic towards those who are in trouble, especially animals and small children.

History: Nina was born in Minnesota and lived there all her life. When she finished from college she became a high school science teacher. She had heard what seemed like rumors of the zombie apocalypse but didn't believe it until one of her co-workers tried eating her. From there everything spiraled down-hill and now she finds herself lost in the middle of nowhere alone.
Amount of time it would take him/her to be infected by a zombie bite (if you took the test):
Family/Friends/Zombie-fighting posse: none

Another growl erupted from Nina's stomach. She looked down and clenched it tight. "Don't worry, we'll find something soon." She felt bad, because she knew she was lying to her stomach. But maybe it was some way to mentally trick herself into thinking everything would be alright. She hadn't come across anything edible all day.

Walking around these woods, with the groaning of zombies in the distance had her jumpy. She squeezed her metal bat tightly with both hands and kept on moving. How she got herself in this situation was beyond her. She was trying to go south so she could go to her mother's house, but the hordes of zombies, one after another, made her run into an unknown direction.

"God help me..." she whispered.

BloodyWhiteWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Mon May 23, 2011 11:56 am

[[Wow, awesome character! Very Happy ]]

It was early one Saturday morning when Meg had first heard the reports on TV. When she had first heard the screams as people ran out onto the streets, looking around desperately, waiting for some hoard of mindless assassins to come along and take them and their children. But there were no such signs of anything do do with the resurrected dead. The same old routine, shower, morning jog, shower again, pop down the shops for some stuff. That was before she had to thump the head of her best friend's shoulders as her pale, ugly remains came staggering towards her.

When Meg looked back at the past, she sighed a small, humorless laugh. It all seemed ironic. No one expected anything of this 'plague', this 'disease' predicted by mindless philosophers who called themselves scientists. And now half of the population was either somewhere between dying and dead, or huddled in their kitchen cupboards with a lead pipe, waiting for everything to be over.

Meg refused to be one of those people. "Darren..." She whispered, turning the corner of the supermarket aisle with extreme caution, holding her cricket bat in her sweaty palms. Something rustled in the next aisle, so she pressed herself against the shelves, taking a deep breath. Footsteps...squeaky shoes on the polished floor.
A figure turned the corner. Meg held her bat aloft, ready to strike out at the zombie that was standing in front of her...
"HOLY shh...." Meg collapsed backwards, only managing to support herself using the bloodsoaked bat she possessed. Darren looked down at her, pop-tart packet in hand.
"What?"
"You scared the living daylights outta me!" She breathed heavily, trying to slow her heart, before looking at the box. "Eating? At a time like this?"
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  BloodyWhiteWolf Mon May 23, 2011 12:23 pm

It seemed like hours had passed. Even though her encounter with zombies had been few, Nina was exhausted. Her eyes tracked along the ground at the dead leaves and sticks as she passed them, but a hungry growl made her look up. In front of her stood 3 zombies, there eyes red with intent to kill (except for one zombie who's eyes were missing in action from his skull). They began to zombie jog towards her. Her mouth flew open to let out a blood curling scream and she turned, sprinting away. Her metal bat felt so heavy, but she had to keep it in case they caught up to her. She was glad she went jogging everyday when things were normal. Now she had a high stamina.

The woods suddenly ended and Nina found herself facing a road. /Thank goodness!/ But that wasn't a very good thing because no she was left in the open, and more zombies spotted her.

"Ahhh!" she cried out as a nice pack of zombies shuffled after her. Her eyes spotted a supermarket just as she began to lose her breath. /I can try to hide there!/ she thought. She aimed for the supermarket and dived into the doors.

BloodyWhiteWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Mon May 23, 2011 12:29 pm

The gentle sound of the doors sliding open was enough to alert Meg. "Climb on the top." She instructed Darren, who nodded, dropping his poptarts and going to climb up the racks, throwing packets of rice and pasta off the shelves. He paused, before turning the corner into the gardening section, before coming back with a rather vicious looking spade. He started to climb the racks, and Meg offered him a hand, hauling him up. She steadied herself on the top, making her way along cautiously.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon May 23, 2011 12:42 pm

((I'm just going to make a bunch of characters, but don't expect me to keep them all active all the time. I intend to kill some off, and bring in more later... And just torment them to my heart's content! XD Haha! ))

Name: Drake Gothmore
Appearance: Long, black hair, with a shaggy fringe that sweeps over his right eye. Dark gray, almost black eyes. Tall, powerful frame. Black, dramatic clothing covered in studs and chains.
Personality: Reckless, daring, violent, pessimistic, hopeless.
History: He refuses to talk about it.
Family/Friends/Zombie-fighting posse: Benjamin, Mattie, Kai, Jeremy.
Other: Some say he's suicidal, others say he's stupid... And a few are kind enough to say he's just 'Brave'.

Name: Benjamin Jaunts
Appearance: A slightly plump man with thick round glasses and short mouse-brown hair which is already thinning at the front. He wears an old suit, which he has somehow managed to keep somewhat neat, despite the zombie problem. His face usually glistens with nervous sweat.
Personality: Very nervous, timid, cowardly and unintentionally selfish, but incredibly intelligent, and with a kind nature.
History: Benjamin was designing a revolutionary new computer game about zombies just before the apocalypse struck. Ironic, huh? Though luckily for him, the zombies in his game were very alike to the real zombies now threatening humanity, and it is Benjamin's uncanny knowledge of these creatures that has allowed him to survive thus far.
Family/Friends/Zombie-fighting posse: Mattie, Kai, Jeremy, Drake.
Other:

Name: Mattie Pearson
Appearance: A typical cheerleader type - long, straight blonde hair and bright blue eyes, complimented by annoying straight, white teeth which seem to grin an indecent amount in these troubled times.
Personality: Optimistic, hopeful, happy-go-lucky. She lives her life with the comforting thought "It won't happen to me."
History: She was head cheerleader at a local Highschool before the apocalypse struck.
Family/Friends/Zombie-fighting posse: Benjamin, Kai, Jeremy, Drake.
Other: Has a massively annoying crush on Drake, which she insists is 'The real thing'.

Name: Kai Grimsworth
Appearance: A thick, messy shock of coffee brown hair spills over his head, with a soft fringe that brushes jaggedly over his eyebrows. He has enchanting green eyes, which are still filled with life, despite the apocalypse. He is tall with a lean, slender build, though he is strong and muscular - through personal training, not genes. Usually wears camoflauge.
Personality: Brave, loyal, intelligent and determined, but incredibly shy.
History: He was a very promising young soldier - The army's number one rookie. His unit was dispatched to fight off the zombies when the apocalypse first came to light, but he was the only one who survived. He feels terrible about this, and he has vowed to avenge his friends.
Family/Friends/Zombie-fighting posse: Benjamin, Mattie, Jeremy, Drake.
Other: A remarkable fighter, and very skilled with weapons - of which he has quite a few, stashed in the back of his army Jeep, which he used to get away from the zombies in that first failure of a mission.

Name: Jeremy Smith
Appearance: Short, dirty blonde hair that was gelled up in spikes - though the style is barely visible now. Hazel eyes. Slender build.
Personality: Timid and a little shy, but friendly and sociable. When he's feeling confident, he's the life of the party - and always manages to see either the bright or the funny side to anything. He is more of a lover than a fighter.
History: He trained to become a paramedic, so has some first-aid knowledge and equipment.
Family/Friends/Zombie-fighting posse: Benjamin, Mattie, Kai, Drake.
Other: He fancies Mattie, but is too shy to say anything. Also, he can do the most hilarious impression of a zombie. Go Jeremy!

Last edited by Polo the Weirdo on Sat May 28, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon May 23, 2011 1:41 pm

"Come on, you ugly, rotten mother f***ers!" Drake yelled ecstatically, the profane words leaping from his lips accompanied by a laugh. "Bring it on, you Zombie bitches! I dare ya!" A hint of enthusiastic madness entered his tone, and Drake began laughing maniacally as he hurled grenades off the roof where he stood, causing deadly explosions which blew up the majority of the horde of zombies who had, until a moment ago, been chasing the woman he assumed was to be their next meal. Naturally, he didn't care about her. He just liked to see the zombies' guts splatter.

"Ooooh, my hero!" Mattie crooned, "Oh, did you see him Jimmy? Wasn't he wonderful, how he saved that lady?" Mattie asked, tugging incessantly on Jeremy's sleeve. "Ah, yeah... Stupendous." He agreed in a dull, sarcastic tone. "And once again, it's Jere-"
But Mattie was not listening, and she cut him off before he could finish. "Oh Drake, darling, you were absolutely splendid!" She exclaimed squeakily, rushing forward to fling her arms around Drake. He stood there with an irritable expression, waiting with exaggerated patience for her to let go. "Mattie, get off me, or I'll throw you down there for the zombies." Drake threatened tonelessly. Mattie giggled wildly, squealing about how funny and handsome and wonderfully brave her 'Drakeykins' was.

"He's really going to kill her, isn't he?" Benjamin whispered nervously into Kai's ear as he watched the flames of madness leap into Drake's eyes once more. "Kai, do something! We can't afford to lose any more..." Benjamin gnawed on his lip, and Kai gulped - and shifted uncomfortably away, dropping his gaze to his feet and kicking at a loose stone.
"Give it up, Ben, you know Kai's not going to do anything. Ain't that right, Buddy?" Jeremy teased, ruffling Kai's hair playfully.
"N-no, I-I" Kai began stuttering quietly in response, glancing rapidly from Jeremy to the ground again, but never maintaining eye contact.
"I love this guy." Jeremy laughed, "He's like an alien, with his little speech impediment and complete lack of social skills." He grinned, then poked Kai playfully in the shoulder. "Kai, oh Kai~" He called in a singsong voice. "C'mon, Buddy, look at me."
Kai's eyes darted to Jeremy, but then he blinked quickly and looked away again, trying to make himself as small as possible.

At that moment, a shrill scream broke through everybody's thoughts, and the three men glanced up in one motion to see Drake standing on the edge of the roof, alone, dusting his hands together and looking suspiciously pleased with himself.
"Drake, you didn't!" Benjamin exclaimed, aghast.
"You got a problem, old man?" Drake snapped back with an aggressive sneer. Benjamin whimpered, and darted behind Kai - foolishly trying to conceal his bulk behind the slender man, who now looked even more uncomfortable than ever.
"Drake!" Jeremy exclaimed, eyes wide with shock. He dashed to the edge of the roof, and looked down to see Mattie lying spread-eagled at the bottom.
"Hang on, Matts, I'm coming!" He yelled through cupped hands, hurriedly dashing down the stairs toward Mattie's broken form.
Mattie, of course, was perfectly fine. It had not been too large a fall, and though she was quite badly scraped and bruised - what hurt most of all was her heart. She sniffled and sobbed dramatically to herself, curled in a vulnerable ball on the zombie-blood-soaked ground.

"Th-This is b-bad." Kai managed in a timid whisper. "W-We've got to... S-stick tog-gether." Benjamin nodded in agreement, and hurried over to Drake. "You heard the man." He said, "Please, Drake, let's follow!"
Drake feigned deafness, standing with his arms stubbornly folded on the edge of the roof.
"BRING IT ON, YOU F***ING SH**HEADS!!" He bellowed, raising his voice to the loudest it could go.
"SHUT UP, IDIOT!" Jeremy called from down below, where he was cradling the sobbing Mattie in his arms.
"Do you WANT to bring the zombies over here?!"
Drake pretended to sarcastically consider this for a moment, then replied, "Yes. Yes, I do." And with that, he resumed his bellowing. Benjamin threw Kai a helpless glance, expecting the soldier to somehow shut Drake up, but Kai merely avoided his gaze and began absentmindedly cleaning his favourite machine gun.

Back to top Go down

Post  BloodyWhiteWolf Mon May 23, 2011 7:56 pm

Nina pushed past the supermarket doors and immediately heard human voices from both inside and outside. There was a sudden set of explosions behind her and she turned quickly to see what was going on. Confusion on her face, she watched as the group of zombies exploded into bit and pieces, limbs going every which way. A zombie leg smashed against the door with a hard thud and it startled Nina so much she fell backwards onto her bottom. When the small bombing was done, Nina scrambled to her feet. Her head shifted in all directions, /What's going on? Are there more survivors?/.

With that thought, a swift scream rang in the air followed by a body crashing to the ground just outside the main doors. Nina screamed and ran, ducking for cover under a cash register. "Zombies must be on the roof!" she squeaked.

BloodyWhiteWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 24, 2011 7:16 am

"This is no time for goofing off!" Jeremy called scoldingly up to his friends on the roof. "Have you any idea how vulnerable we are right now? The zombies could be here any minute, and you guys-"
The rest of his words were lost as Drake shouted yet another of his foul-mouthed challenges at the top of his lungs, now hurling grenades off the roof simply for the fun of watching what was left of the street and surrounding buildings explode.
"And for goodness sake!" Jeremy went on when Drake's shouting paused for a moment, "Would somebody shut that idiot up before he gets us all killed?!"

Benjamin whimpered and cowered in the middle of the roof, but Kai nodded in understanding and got to his feet. He stepped silently over to Drake, who was so busy trying to attract the zombies' attention that he didn't even notice Kai's presence. Kai raised his machine gun, and bashed Drake over the head with it, causing the boy to crumple motionless at his feet.
Suddenly, everything seemed a little too quiet.
"J-Jeremy's r-right." Kai stuttered in a timid whisper, "We should g-go down there. The z-zombie will b-be here soon, and-"
Benjamin nodded, and hurried down the stairs before Kai had even finished - mostly because he had already gotten his point across and was, as usual, taking too long in finishing it.
Kai lifted the unconscious Drake and threw him over his shoulder, then scurried down the stairs after Benjamin, moving easily despite his awkward burden.
They met Jeremy and Mattie at the bottom, and the four - with Drake in tow - now crept into the supermarket, all with their chosen weapons in hand - except for Kai, who only had Drake in hand. Benjamin was now holding his machine gun.
As they entered the supermarket, they heard a faint sound, and the group paused - standing tense and cautious.
"Hello?" Jeremy called quietly, "Is there anybody here?"
"J-Jer-" Kai began whispering something in his ear, but Jeremy shushed him rudely, and Kai quailed at the harshness of his tone - slinking back away from the boy. He cast a nervous glance toward the window and opened his mouth to speak again, but then seemed to think better of it, and fell silent once more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarahkinz Wed May 25, 2011 9:27 am

Name: Sarah Amira Davis (Called Amira or Amy. She's only called Sarah when someone's mad at her.)
Appearance: Golden Blonde hair, verrrryyyyyyy shiny. She is petite, and surprisingly strong for her size.
Personality: She is feisty and fearless, cautious when it comes to zombies. She fights for her rights and freedom. Amy is definitely NOT a prep or prissy girl, and she isn't afraid to punch you if you're not acting right. She can take control of any person and make them do what she wants. She lets her friends do what they want to do and is devoted to them. She wouldn't let anything happen to her friends. Amira tries to control herself, but if you make her mad, she lets her anger out.
History: Used to be an orphan.
Amount of time it would take him/her to be infected by a zombie bite (if you took the test): 1 hour 8 minutes.
Family/Friends/Zombie-fighting posse: No one yet. All of her friends have become zombies. She is planning to pick up a few on the way.
Other: Nothing much..... Razz
Amy approached a tall building. Her tan backpack swayed. She could hear the swords and knives jingling in it. Amira looked down at her shoes as she walked. She heard voices, and screaming. Amy stopped and looked up quickly to see a man on the top yelling and screaming. /What is he trying to do?/ she wondered annoyedly. She wanted to yell at him, but she knew that would attract more zombies. Amira looked forward, only to see two people. A girl was in a man's arms. The girl looked a bit younger than her, and a bit scared. /Well why wouldn't she?/ Amy thought. /After all, people all around the world are turning into zombies. "Hey." she said to the supposed couple, trying to get their attention. "Do y'all know him?" Amy asked, pointing up at the screaming person on the top of the building. She was getting really annoyed by him and was starting to get a headache. Amira rubbed her temples, trying to make the headache go away.
Sarahkinz
Sarahkinz

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed May 25, 2011 11:48 am

((Woop woop! Thanks so much for joining!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ))

When he heard a voice behind him, Jeremy wheeled around, throwing the sniffling Mattie back towards Benjamin. She squealed in shock, and Ben had to juggle the machine gum clumsily as he tried to catch the girl before she lost her balance. Jeremy stood protectively in front of them, ready to fend off any approaching zombies - but instead, he saw a young woman, perhaps a few years older than himself.
He relaxed instantly.
In this day and age, any human was a friend. There was no longer a need to mistrust anybody... Not with the zombies around. That was how he saw it, anyway.
He offered a friendly smile, and rolled his eyes at the woman's mention of Drake. "Yeah - we know him, unfortunately." He laughed, "But we've shut him up for now." He added, jabbing his thumb backward to indicate the limp form of Drake draped over Kai's shoulder. Kai blushed and dropped his gaze to the ground, feeling nervous and uncomfortable with strange eyes upon him.
"That noisy idiot's Drake." Jeremy explained, beginning to introduce his posse, "I'm Jeremy. That's Mattie - and Benjamin with her, Ben if you like. And that there is Kai." Each person greeted the newcomer as their name was mentioned - except for Kai, who blushed an even darker shade, and began scuffing his shoe nervously against the ground.
"Don't mind Kai." Jeremy excused him, "He doesn't talk much."
He smiled slightly, and tilted his head to one side - bright and chirpy as ever, despite the fact that it was nearing evening, and the zombies would surely redouble their hunting efforts soon.
"Jer..." Kai whispered, pointing toward the window - but again, Jeremy hushed him, and Kai fell silent - though he looked distinctly flustered about something.
"So, who might you be?" Jeremy asked the woman curiously, "And how come you're not... You know..." He rolled his eyes back in his head, let his tongue loll out to the side, and did his zombie expression - which brought a tearful smile to Mattie's lips, and caused Ben to chuckle slightly. Kai looked more nervous than ever, and Drake began to groan quietly from his perch on Kai's shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarahkinz Wed May 25, 2011 12:33 pm

((Anytime, Polo. =]))

Amira chuckled and grabbed the backpack off her shoulder and jiggled it. The sound of knives and a pistol hitting each other rang in the air. "I have these." she said with a smile. "And I'm Sarah, but you can call me Amira or Amy. I only get called Sarah when someone's mad at me." Amy swung the backpack back on her shoulder. Then she heard a low moan, then another. "Was that one of you?" Amira asked cautiously. Then she spotted a pack of about twelve zombies coming at them from around the corner of the building. "Run!" she shouted, tugging on the sleeve of the closest person next to her. She turned around and ran as fast as she could across the cobblestone street.
Sarahkinz
Sarahkinz

Back to top Go down

Post  .:.Vera.:. Wed May 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Name: Damon Riley Evans
Appearance: Short, thick black black hair. Fair skin and chestnut colored eyes with a slight tinge of green. Freckles speckle over his nose and arms. Damon is fairly tall and only in the last two years did he really fill out totally. Not very muscular, but enough that he can defend himself.
Personality: Damon is usually very goofy and easy to get along with, he tends to make a joke out of everything and doesn't know when to be serious.
History: Normal childhood, grew up with both parents and a few siblings in an average house, he recently moved out on his own and regrets it because now he's stuck by himself.
Amount of time it would take him/her to be infected by a zombie bite (if you took the test): 1 hour and 6 minutes
Family/Friends/Zombie-fighting posse: None.
Other:Nothing ? P:

Damon stretched, peering out the window of his apartment and looking over the nearly destroyed city, the occasional zombie staggering around the barren streets. He snorted "Stupid mush-brains." he chortled, running a hand through his short hair and grabbing his semi-automatic shotgun off the floor by the door, loading it and clearing his mind before slipping out the window and down the fire escape. The man landed with a grunt and glanced around, slinking through the streets towards the food store. Not much was left there lately, since every living human had stocked up and then ended up dying from some disease or another, maybe getting bitten. Thus the food was wasted. But it was nice to check anyhow. The male peered into the store, furrowing his brow "Voices?" he mumbled, shaking his head and thinking he was loosing it as he poked around the barren shelves, pressing his lips together "Nothing." he grumbled, sighing heavily.
.:.Vera.:.

http://themortician.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed May 25, 2011 1:17 pm

((Welcome, Vera!!! Very Happy *Glomps* Sorry, I've just typed this and I don't feel like editing it - but I'm sure you'll manage to fit in with it. XD Haha! ))

Jeremy nodded in understanding.
"Pleased to meet you, Amira." He greeted her. He paused a moment, frowning slightly as the moan of a zombie met his eardrums. "Shall we run?" He asked politely - rather like a gentleman asking a lady to dance in an olden-day ball. With a goofy smile, he linked his arm through Amira's, and ran with her, shouting to Ben and Mattie to follow.
Mattie was already hot on their heels - but Ben was struggling to keep up. He whimpered and hyperventilated fearfully as he ran, becoming slow and clumsy in his desperation to escape the zombies.
Jeremy dashed round a corner - clutching Amira's arm with one hand now, and holding fast to Mattie's hand with the other. Benjamin lumbered along behind them, squealing fearful protests under his breath every time they got too far ahead of him.
"The basement, quick!" Jeremy whispered quickly, pointing to a trapdoor just ahead of them. He skidded to a stop and flung it open, then dived in, and waited for his posse - gesturing impatiently for them to follow.
When the last person - Ben - was safely underground, Jeremy closed the trapdoor, and darkness fell over them like a feather duvet.
"Ow, that was my foot!" Mattie hissed.
"Sorry." Ben replied. Jeremy shushed them impatiently. "We're forgetting something..." He hissed, fumbling along the wall for a switch. He found it, and when he flicked it - a dim light cast the dark, cobwebby room into a gilded glow.
"Where's Kai?!" Ben whispered, sounding close to tears now.
"WHERE'S-" Mattie began, but Ben clapped a hand over her mouth to muffle her loud voice, and her plangent cries for Drake were lost in the man's sweaty palm.

Meanwhile, Kai was struggling with the stubborn Drake, who had regained consciousness just in time to see the Zombies racing toward him. Kai was trying to drag him to safety, but Drake fought against him with vicious determination. "Come ON, Kai!" He snapped desperately, tugging against the man's grip. "We can totally take these bitches! I could blow these f***ers up with my eyes closed!" He insisted.
"You'll d-die." Kai whispered firmly, giving Drake's arm a firm tug.
"So what?!" Drake retorted, finally managing to pull away from Kai. He walked backwards away from his comrade, arms spread wide, and his back to the approaching tide. There was a grin of pure ecstasy on his face - or perhaps it was madness? Either way, Drake was in his element. "SO WHAT?!" He repeated at the top of his lungs, a bark of laughter leaping from his lips. "We're all gonna die anyway. Your hope just makes you a f***ing idiot, Kai!" He laughed again, then spun around as he felt a Zombie's cold, dead hand on his shoulder, and heard that senseless groaning that had been the last sound to reach so many ears...
"Go back to Hell, bitches!!!" Drake called with a mad laugh, his eyes stretching as wide as his grin as insanity contorted his handsome features. He spun around, and headbutted the nearest zombie. But before he could do any more than laugh, another had its filthy hands about his throat. It was missing a couple of fingers, and its thick, cold blood oozed from the stumps onto Drake's warm flesh - throbbing with the vibrations of his own heart, still so valiantly full of life, even in what could so easily be his final moment... The zombie's teeth were nearing his face now, and for the first time - although he'd never admit it - Drake felt a flicker of fear.
But then, a loud clang of gunfire shattered the monotonous din of Zombie growls, and the foul thing's head exploded the very seconds before its fangs met Drake's soft, warm cheek. Blood and gore splattered in every direction, plastering the nearest zombies in crimson and soaking Drake to the skin. For a moment he simply stood - shocked, bloody and sticky - then a voice caught his attention. A voice that was somehow familiar and unfamiliar all at once. "Drake, MOVE!" It shouted, and he leaped into action, dashing over to Kai, who was now firing madly into the crowd of zombies with his machine gun. He jogged backwards even as he wielded the weapon, his bullets incapacitating zombies left right and center. Drake stood behind him - watching in humble silence. And only as Kai's bullets claimed the life of the fifth zombie did Drake realise who had shouted to him.
It was Kai.
Kai - always silent, always timid, always the last to give orders - had shouted with such sheer authority that he, Drake, had been forced to obey.
It was a side of the man he had never seen before, and it left him in a state of dream-like wonderment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed May 25, 2011 1:17 pm

[[Wooah...what happened to short snappy posts to keep the RP moving quickly...? I'm not really sure where to fit in at the mo really...]]
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed May 25, 2011 1:23 pm

((Mine are short - considering I'm currently having to fit all my characters into each one. XD

Not much has happened - everybody has gathered in the supermarket [So no change there], Zombies have just arrived, so Ben, Mattie, Jeremy and Amira ran off to hide in the basement [Unless Amira has other ideas]. Kai and Drake were left out, so they're now fighting off the zombies. [Or rather, Kai is, since Drake was too busy being a reckless idiot] and Damon has just arrived in the supermarket via the back entrance [?] and is as of yet oblivious to the zombie attack. Smile

I want to keep this rolling, so we're all just going to have to try to fit in as best we can. It should get easier once characters and players have paired off somewhat. That's my plan. Very Happy ))

Back to top Go down

Post  .:.Vera.:. Wed May 25, 2011 1:35 pm

[[ haha. I shall worm in there Wink ]]

His quiet browsing was quickly interrupted by the sounds of zombies, their crackly groans making his head snap up as one or two came into view. Damon gasped, scrambling for his gun and firing blindly, figuring he missed as he turned and ran the other way, the sounds of gunshots and yelling getting louder with each footfall until two other men came into view. He glanced behind him and sort of slowed, panting as he came to a halt a few feet away from the men "S-Survivors?" he asked, trying to catch his breath as he turned a bit and watched the slowly nearing zombies, eyes a little wide with anxiety.

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed May 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Hearing an unfamiliar voice behind him, Kai nearly jumped out of his skin - accidentally dropping his gun. The zombies came at him faster now, and a tiny sound of urgency escaped his throat as he made a desperate snatch for his gun before the zombies could reach him.
"Shut up, Idiot!" Drake exclaimed angrily, cuffing the newcomer viciously on the back of the head, "You've freaked Kai out, now. Stupid! C'mon, let's run." He shoved the older man roughly between the shoulder blades, and burst into a sprint himself, leaving Kai to face the final zombies alone.
Somehow, Drake knew that this was what Kai would have wanted.
Kai grabbed his machine gun just as the nearest Zombie launched itself at him. Its filthy bulk crushed him, and the odour of rotting meat made him gag as the revolting thing began searching for flesh into which to sink its teeth. Kai thrashed madly, and finally managed to catch the Zombie on the head with the handle of his gun. He smashed it against the beast's skull again and again until blood soaked him, coating his vision in crimson, and slipping sickeningly through the crack between his lips.
Finally, he kicked the broken Zombie off, and began shooting madly - whirling around like a child's spinning top in his desperate, fruitless attempt to fend off the zombies before they could reach him. He was soaked from top to toe in blood now, since each zombie he shot was at point-blank range. Every second, cold fingers were tearing at his clothes, and bloody lips searched greedily for his flesh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed May 25, 2011 2:00 pm

[[Aah...I think I get it! XD ]]

Meh flinched a couple of times as the sounds of gunshots reverbrated from within the closed space around the supermarket. "Someone must be alive...Come on. We have to see if they're okay!" She held out a hand to Darren, and he grasped it, the other wielding the sharp-edged spade. They both made their way carefully along the top of the shelves, ducking every so often so as not to hit their head on the numerous SPECIAL OFFER signs.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  .:.Vera.:. Wed May 25, 2011 2:07 pm

Damon was shocked slightly as one of the guys shoved him, stumbling a bit before running along side him, the room spinning a bit from his lack of energy, he glanced over at the other guy, frowning and shaking his head before he stumbled a bit and tripped, groaning and laying there for a few seconds before scrambling to his feet again, the other boy way ahead of him by now. The young man bit his lip and glancing around, clutching his gun tightly to his chest as he tore off after him again, trying to avoid the puddles of blood.

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed May 25, 2011 2:21 pm

"Look man, either hurry up, or go feed yourself to the Zombies so I can paint the walls with your blood - those are your choices - because I'm f***ing bored!" Drake snapped moodily, waiting with a tapping foot for the newcomer to catch up.
Then, suddenly, yet another new voice reached his ears. "What the f***?!" He exclaimed loudly, "How many f***ing people are there in here, anyway?!" He stood akimbo for a moment, then rolled his eyes incredulously, turning around and dashing back toward the zombies, where Kai was slowly being overpowered by sheer numbers.
"Screw this!" Drake exclaimed jubilantly, "I'm gonna blow these bitches to the dark side of Hell!" He laughed maniacally, then tugged a grenade from his belt, and prepared to throw.
Kai paused in his shooting a moment - just long enough to realise what was happening.
When Drake threw that grenade, the zombies would indeed be blown to smithereens. As would he.
There was a moment of silence in which he digested this - then the gunfire resumed with renewed vigour. Kai's decision was made. If Drake wished to sacrifice him, then he'd make damn sure to die a hero.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed May 25, 2011 2:27 pm

The explosion forced the shelf next to them directly into the one they were on, and the pair toppled off the shelf, rolling down the sideways shelf into the blood soaked aisle. It took Meg a few seconds to realize what exactly had happened...
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next