Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive?

+4
Sarahkinz
BloodyWhiteWolf
Rorah
Polo trapped in an inkpot
8 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive?

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 6:06 am

[[Hahah I sound like a science creature of sorts xD and neither do I Razz I just remember that from a WWI project I had to do lmao]]

"Drake, don't yell!" Desire hissed, spinning around and reaching out as if to cover his mouth. She decided not to, though. Instead, she gave him the universal look that said 'I have a plan - I'll tell you later'. Turning to Kai, she gently took his arm.
"The Panama? Good God, if she's okay, I actually might survive..." She muttered to herself, glancing up toward the ceiling in obvious paranoia. She released Kai's arm and marched over to the center of the room.
"If there's anyone here that thinks my skill with zombie-killing does not balance out my troublesome 15 year old attitude and the other creeatres I'll bring along that are trying to hunt ,e down, speak now."
Desire grinned evily, staring intently at each person. She softened up for Kai and stuck her tongue out at Drake. Like a little kid. Oh, how she wished she could be a little kid again. That guy would probably stick to her plan; it was obvious he didn't want to hang around with these people. If he did, though, he'd either be really dumb or really smart. There was safety in numbers, but too many attracted not-so-nice things. She just hoped he was worth the time. What had Kai said about him oulling his own weight? He'd have to ask about that later...
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive?

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 6:26 am

((Hehe! Nice. XD Oh, and don't you forget our Private RP!! ))

Drake ceased shouting, though he folded his arms sulkily and began grumbling mutinously. He was annoyed. No, annoyed was an understatement; he was f***ing pissed! Damn Kai, with his stupid knack for always making Drake feel inferior. He couldn't stand it... That man had to go. He'd almost managed it, too... But as usual - Kai had ratted him out. Thankfully, it seemed nobody else was any the wiser to his plan, even after Kai had blurted it out.
People don't listen well to people who can't speak well. He reflected to himself with a smug smirk, folding his arms behind his head and leaning back against the wall behind him.

When Kai felt a grip on his arm - he started, flinching away. Mattie shot him the usual strange look that she always did when he came across as being more intimidated by people than zombies, and Kai dropped his gaze to the floor. His cheeks burned in shame - and what little confidence he had gained ebbed quickly away. He didn't trust himself to speak, so he simply responded to Desire with a mute nod.

"If there's anyone here that thinks my skill with zombie-killing does not balance out my troublesome 15 year old attitude and the other creatures I'll bring along that are trying to hunt ,e down, speak now."

This statement caught everybody's attention.

Mattie looked like she wanted to say something, but she didn't have the guts, so she held her silence.
Jeremy shifted uncertainly, and looked up at Kai - but he couldn't catch his friend's eye. Still, he trusted Kai's judgement, and he seemed okay with this 'Desire', so... "I have no problem." He murmured finally, "And I'm sorry for being so rude before. I guess we all become a little less human when we're fighting for our lives every day." He laughed, scratching the back of his head a little awkwardly.

Drake narrowed his eyes slightly at the wink, feeling a flash of annoyance for this friendly gesture. "I don't care." He said with a shrug, "We're all going to die anyway, so it doesn't matter."
Ben, who was just waking up, responded to this with a nervous squeak. Everybody slowly turned to look at him, and the plump man pushed his glasses further up his nose and cleared his throat.
"Uh..." He murmured uncertainly, "What's going on? And who are these people?"
Mattie shuffled over to him to fill him in on what was going on.

Kai, meanwhile, was quietly backing away from the group - excluding himself from all that was happening.
"Kai." Drake said sharply, stopping the man in his tracks. "Where are you going, huh?" Kai shrugged, shuffling awkwardly. "Can't speak, can you?" He turned to the group - though his eyes lingered longest on Desire. She was his best chance to pull this off.
"He's changing. We've got to take him out now!"

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 6:46 am

[[This Ben person sounds like he looks like Ben Franklin...]]

Desire nodded to Jeremy robotically. She'd not lost her humanity - she'd lost all the layers of padding civilzation had put onto it. To her, humanity was not feeling sorry for someone and outting the group at risk for them. No, it was being able to feel these emotions and decide to act for the good of the majority. If that meant killing off a changing human, hat's what had to be done. And when you become emotionally attatched to that human, you had some serious skills to be able to shoot them while looking into their eyes. Well, unless 'emotionally attatched' meant 'hate'. Then it'd be quite easy. Especially if they were coming at you head on...

Desire snapped her head up to face Drake. She droppped the pile of sand she'd been holding and stood up as tall as she could, which was only 5'1. "I need to have a word with you, Goth Boy." She said menacingly. "And you, too." Pointing at Kai, she said this with a more gentle expression. "Is there another room here? Nevermind, we're going outside." She touched Kai's elbow and grabbed Drake's wrist, starting to pull him towards the door. Her nails bit into his skin, kind of as a challenge. She could tell he loved a good challenge, which made him ridiculously stupid. Her 9mm slapped her hip securely and she glared up at him, a plan formulating. There was a good time to accept challenges, others, not so much.

When a 15 year old zombie assasin badass is holding your wrist with two guns, the latter option was the wisest.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 7:09 am

((He's a president, right? Razz Neat... XD ))

"Goth?" Drake repeated, his upper lip twisting in a distasteful sneer. But then Desire grabbed his wrist and, disgruntled, he was forced to follow.
Kai shuddered at Desire's touch - but shrugged and followed obediently all the same, flashing a glance toward Drake, who glared bitterly at him.

Jeremy began making objections, and calling after Kai - but when his friend turned to face him with a small smile - one finger laid over his lips in a hushing gesture - Jeremy fell silent, watching the trio leave with some concern.

"What the Hell do you want?" Drake snapped rudely once they were outside. "No offense, sweetie, but you don't seem the soft sort tactful enough not to decorate the room with this loser's guts in front of the others."
Kai blinked placidly at Drake, then yawned - and took to watching the horizon for zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 7:20 am

"You're an idiot." Desire muttered, letting go of his wrist. She glanced up at the dying sun and the grey sky. Out of habit she spun around 360 degrees, checking all the rooftops. When she was satisfied that things were clear, she glared at both Drake and Kai. She'd gone through this in her gang before; she was always chosen as the mediator for some reason. She guessed they thought no on e would hurt her because she was a tiny, 15 year old orphan. An angry, assasin, tough 15 year old, but still a tiny orphan.

"Drake, I want to know why you're so eager to kill Kai and if you really did bite him." A thought then dawned on her. "Were you bitten?" She narrowed her eyes in suspision, hand sliding down the side of her body towards her gun. In normal society, it would have been interpretted as flirting, but what time did you have for relationships when you were on the run for your life every day? They only slowed you down and made you weak. She'd learned her lesson the hard way from Denero. Her heart jumped and her eyes welled. Before any tears could spill over, though, she regained her composure and glared at Drake.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 7:32 am

Drake opened his mouth to object, but Kai beat him to it.
"He wasn't bitten." He whispered - his voice quieter than usual, but also a little steadier. "If somebody's b-bitten under my watch, I know."
He frowned slightly then, thinking on how ironic it must have seemed that, not long ago, he wasn't even sure if he'd been bitten or not.
"Why am I so eager to kill him?" Drake repeated with a laugh, ignoring Kai completely.
"Well, firstly, I like blowing sh*t up, okay? Secondly, he's a jackass. Put the two together, and you get 'blowing up a jackass sh*thead. You telling me you could resist that temptation?"
He threw Kai a withering glare - and Kai did indeed wither a little, shrinking away from Drake. Brave as he was when it came to zombies, he was a coward with his companions.
"We'd be better off without him, anyway." Drake went on heartlessly, "He's always leading us into danger. He's a liability, but I'm the only one who sees it! I mean, look at the guy - he ain't normal! He's a creep! How do I know he isn't leading us into a trap or something?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 7:48 am

"Drake, I like your thinking." Was all Desire said. She smiled at him. "Well, except that you like blowing everything up. That's more of a liability than our good friend Kai here, I daresay." She challenged, raising an eyebrow. "How do we know what you've blown up hasn't been vital to the cause? There are a few nuclear labs out there - I'm looking for them in fact - that have a vaccine to the zombie plague. If we can find that..." She trailed off.

"Drake, can I talk to you? Like alone?" She glanced significantly at Kai. "Then I'll need to talk to Kai. But it has to be alone." She nodded to herself and stared up at Drake's tall frame.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 7:59 am

Kai zoned out of the conversation when he realised it no longer included him, and he turned his full attention to watching for zombies. With the amount of noise Drake had been making earlier, he was surprised they hadn't been found yet. Then again, it was more than likely that they had killed most of the zombies in the area. There would be more soon, of course, but at least it seemed they had bought themselves some much needed resting time.
With this thought in mind, he sat down on a cardboard box, and leaned back against the wall behind him - still alert, but relaxed.

Drake, meanwhile, stood with Desire a short distance off. "F*** the cause." He said with a shrug, "And f*** the vaccine! Who the Hell cares? We're doomed, anyway - that's what nobody seems to get. Who gives a f*** whether we die today, or a month from now, for goodness sake? Looking for any sort of vaccine is a waste of time, to me. Let's rather just shoot these mother f***ers down! At least I'll die with a smile on my face." He laughed, twirling Kai's gun in his fingers.
It was stupid, really... Standing outside with an unloaded gun. Sure, he had the grenades - but there was no way he could defend himself at close range.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 8:09 am

"That's how I view it. Except the vaccine will let us shoot the zombies for a longer period of time." Desire replied. "But listen, if you kill Kai right now, you're going to have a riot on your hands. How about this." She grabbed his shoulder and leaned up, standing on her tiptoes so she could whisper in his ear. "I think you're the only one here worth my time. You don't like these people anyway, so let's just take off. You can come back and kill Kai if you want, too." She pulled away and grinned at him. "They're holding you back, Mr. Badass. Tell me if you want to when I'm done talking to Kai." She turned around and called softly. "Kai, c'mere."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 8:16 am

Drake grinned in response to Desire's words.
Finally. He thought to himself, folding his arms smugly, Somebody who appreciates me!
There was no way in Hell he was going back to Jeremy and the rest of those clowns. He snorted derisively at the mere thought of it.

Kai, meanwhile, glanced up as he heard his name called, and shuffled over to Desire, watching her cautiously.
What did she want...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 8:23 am

"Drake, could you... leave for a second?" Desire asked, sweetness creeping into her voice. She pulled Kai off to the side.
"Drake is a hazard to this group." She whispered forcefully. "Even if I don't stay, I'm willing to help you enough to get him out of here. You guys will be gone within the month if you continue to argue like this..." She trailed off, glancing back at Drake. "Anyway, I'll leave with him, and if you want, I can arrange for him to have an... 'accident'." She snickered, knowing with whom her true allegiance was.

[[Mwahaha double agent... or something like that xD]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 8:39 am

((Haha!! Oh, nice. XD I don't know who her allegiance is with... O.o *Twitches* The suspense is KILLING me!! ))

Drake scoffed and rolled his eyes, but obeyed Desire all the same. She was one of the few people whose presence he could actually tolerate, after all...

Kai stumbled after Desire as she pulled him aside, blinking in surprise. When she released him, he straightened and dusted himself off, then glanced toward her with some curiosity as he listened to what she had to say.
When she had finished, Kai shook his head slightly - a subtle smile lifting his lips.
"I don't want him to d-die." He murmured quietly, "He may be a hazard - but he's still h-human. I couldn't let him die." He shrugged helplessly, his smile still lingering.
It was just the way he was. Even if Drake wanted to kill him - he didn't believe in killing off another human in these dark and dangerous times. He knew that it was his biggest downfall... But after what had happened to his unit, he just couldn't help it.
"I can handle him." Kai murmured, "And he knows it, too."
That's probably why he wants me dead. Kai added in his head, though he said nothing.
"B-but thank you. I appreciate your offer. Honestly."
He smiled in earnest now, his lively green eyes warming slightly.
It was rare for him to overcome his crippling shyness enough to show his true personality - but this was one of those rare moments. He may not have accepted Desire's offer... But he did appreciate it. He really did.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 8:56 am

Desire nodded. "I know what you mean, but wouldn't sacraficing one life to save many be the wiser decision?" She smiled at him. "I want you to go inside and think about it while I give Drake a lesson about self-control and patience." She chuckled. "We'll be in shortly." She lied.

How had she gotten so cold hearted? It pobably started a while ago, with the first gang she joined. When they were finished she'd had that cold feeling of satisfaction. That was what she craved. The thrill of the hunt and the joy of the rewards. Mostly the foods. She got all kinds after her jobs were complete. Most of which were considered never to be found again. Like pineapple. The zombies mostly destroyed those trees, but she knew where to find them. Only she couldn't go there too often. Her stomach rumbled absent-mindedly, and she glanced around.

When Kai left (sorry, I'm just assuming this part xD) she whistled shrilly, and two dark forms dropped down from a roof. A tall lanky blonde girl and a taller, pale boy. They each looked to be about 16 or 17. Desire nodded at each of them. The girl straightened up and flashed Drake a smile. "I'm Kareena, and this is Donovan." She had a thick French accent, and she strutted around in a loose shirt, torn in conveniently provocative places. Her shorts revealed how skinny her legs were, and they were bare of any hair. As if she'd recently shaved. Desire was very clear they weren't supposed to hint they had any extra luxuries, but of course Kareena's vanity came first. She would have shot Kareena long ago if she hadn't been part of the Team. The Team. The name sent shivers down her spine and she focused again on her mission.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 9:25 am

Kai didn't like the sound of that, but he was too timid to fight with another person - so he merely shrugged and obeyed - walking back inside with the uncomfortable feeling of knowing he had just been beaten at a game he hadn't even known he was playing.
She's right, of course. He thought to himself, And if it came down to it, I'd like to think I would kill one of the group to save the rest... I hope so.
As he re-entered the room, Mattie pounced on him instantly, and Kai staggered backwards in shock.
"Where's my Drakeykins?!" She demanded savagely. Kai, taken aback, merely pointed outside.

Mattie dashed out just as Drake was greeting Kareena, and her eyes narrowed instantly. "What's going on here?" She asked shrilly, "Drake, what are you doing? Who are these people?!" Her suspicious eyes darted from Kareena, to Donovan, to Desire - then back to Drake. "Well?" She snapped.
Drake rolled his eyes. "Mattie, leave me the Hell alone." He demanded with a sneer, leaving the girl looking as hurt and tearful as ever before.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 9:38 am

Kareena cocked her head to the side. "I'd suggest you leave us alone, girl." She said calmly, but with malice. "Donovan, take care of her." He sighed and walked over to Mattie.
"We're just having a talk, we barely know this kid. What's his name? Drakey?" He chuckled and tapped her elbow. His chocolate brown eyes met hers and he smiled gently. "Want a granola bar?" He asked, leading her inside while pulling out a box of Chocolate Chews.

"Now that that's all taken care of..." Kareena turned back to Drake with a cat-like expression on her face. Her almost white hair gleamed in the sun and her crystal blue eyes shone seductively.
"Go away, stupid slut." Desire muttered. "How desperate can you be?"
Kareena sighed. "Drake, we're leaving today. Are you ready to go meet the-"
"Shut up!" Desire hissed, delivering a vicious kick to Kareena's stomach. "God, how I've been wanting to do that forever." She muttered to Drake.

"I have a question." Desire said quietly. "Do you care about the human race? There is no right or wrong answer. We're just seeing if you're good enough to fill an... opening in our... staff." She chose her words carefully so it would be harder for him to guess if he didn't agree with them. And if he did, what a shame. He'd be gone. The risk of him telling was too great...

[[Gotta go Razz I'll be back in about an hour and a half]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 9:50 am

Mattie followed Donovan, though she was whining about Drake all the while. She only fell silent when her mouth was so full of granola bar that she couldn't speak any more.

Drake watched with some amusement as something akin to a cat-fight broke out between Desire and Kareena - though really, it seemed more like Desire was beating Kareena up. He shrugged, and enjoyed it anyway. Then Desire turned to him with a question, and Drake didn't consider it for even a moment. The answer was simple.
"No." He replied, folding his arms. "We're all doomed anyway. All I care about is enjoying the Hell out of whatever's left of my life."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 10:08 am

"Good." Desire said. "That's all we're doing. And for us, that's killing zombies and... well, you have to come with us to know the rest of it." She nodded to herself. "I think we're just going to ditch Donovan, he's been growing a little soft lately..." She trailed off and sighed. "Killing just gets to some people, you know?" She laughed. "And as for all of us being doomed, not all of us are. Some of us are just part of a... never mind. Like I said, you have to come with us to see. You game?" She grinned.
Kareena moaned from the ground and Desire yelled at her to shut up. A loud moan was heard in the distance and immedeatly her head snapped up. Kareena winced and leapt to her feet, grabbing a long lead pipe from a strap on her back. In her other hand she held a large gun, which she painted pink. Desire sighed.
"That gun is still as ridiculous as the day you painted it."
"Thanks." She said sarcastically.

In the basement, Donovan was busy handing out food. "You guys are hungry. Like, way more hungry than the others I've met..." He looked down and stopped talking. He was easily intimidated, like Kai, but once he made friends, he was a good person. Which was probably why he couldn't stand the business of going around and killing. Even if it would help the human race in the future. At least that's what Desire told him. His little sister was good at lying though. It was a surprise that they were related. Wherever Donovan was turthful and kind, Desire would lie and was completely immoral. She had no guilt, and of this Donovan was ashamed. He was angry at himself for allowing her to drag him into this mess, and he would leave her if he could. But there would be consequences. He would be found and made to pay severely...

[[Sorry, actually I don't (: ]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 10:38 am

"Sounds good." Drake replied, returning Desire's grin.
He couldn't help but feel a little spark of fear, though, when he thought back to what had happened before. He had always loved killing zombies - but when the time had come that they had very nearly killed him, he had honestly been afraid. It was the first time he had realised a very harsh truth: He just wasn't as good as he thought he was. No matter how much he loved killing, and no matter how fearlessly reckless he came across... there were skills he lacked, and talent besides. He could only hope that Desire and her group didn't find that out any time soon. Because something told him that, if he fell behind, Desire would not be the one sacrificing herself to pull him from the hands of the zombies.
I'm sorry, Kai... He thought to himself, holding his gratitude delicately for a moment. Then he let it go, and turned back to his new group - heartless and eager as ever.
"So... How long until I get to blow these f***ers down?!" He asked with a dark grin - eyes flicking to Desire's face. As he heard the moaning nearby, his hand slipped down to the grenades at his belt, and he raised one eyebrow. "That's my cue. Ta."
So Drake whirled around, dashing toward the sound of moaning - shouting at the top of his lungs. "Come on, you undead bastards! I'm gonna blow you to pieces!" He laughed maniacally, and hurled a grenade into the distance as he saw the first of the zombies appearing from the park up the road.

Meanwhile, back in the basement of the supermarket, the group were gorging themselves on Donovan's food. All of them, that is, except for Kai - who hovered in the back, not wanting to get in the way. Ben ate perhaps double his share - hungry as always - until Jeremy threatened him on pain of death not to take another bite.
Kai watched his friends with an odd combination of fondness and caution. He loved them, but he didn't trust them. He would give his life for them, but he was scared of them...
Embracing the strangeness of these realisations, Kai scratched his chin thoughtfully, and took to watching the newcomer. There was something about him. He seemed... Different. Kai was not quite so intimidated by this boy.
"Who are you?" He asked quietly - his whisper drowned by the noisy voices of his friends. Yet his eyes found the strangers' - and he held the boy's gaze, just gently... Like a butterfly caught in one's hands.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 11:02 am

"Drake you're a freaking idiot! You don't use grenades!" Desire called, exasperated. She ran behind him, pulling out her two guns. "By the way, blue one!" She punched him in the shoulder as they ran past a blue volkswagon.The horde of zombies was about 20 in number. "Reena, you get right, I'll get left. This grou'll be easy, they're barely a couple months old." She called back to Kareena.
As Desire ran past Drake, she turned around and grinned. "Sit back and watch the pro's work, kid." Silently, they charged at the mass, almost in synchronization. The inexeperinced zombies were slow and uncoordinated. She laughed and shot 5 of them before they knew what was happening.

In the basement, Donovan heard the zombies but chcose to ignore them. "Name's Donovan. You should eat something." He tossed Kai a Twinkie. "Not the most nutritional, but hey, they don't expire." He chuckled and continued. "Desire's my little sister, even though she usually bosses me around, and Kareena's a... friend." He muttered.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 11:23 am

Drake, as usual, did not intend to listen. In fact, Desire's insults and orders just made him feel all the more rebellious. "I'll do whatever I f***ing want..." He muttered to himself, and with that - he hurled another grenade into the crowd. Not caring, even for a second, that the explosion might hurt Desire or Kareena. He laughed jubilantly as a large portion of the zombies exploded before his eyes, blood spraying upwards like a gory red fountain - and limbs decorated by bone thudded sickeningly to the ground, far apart from their original bodies.
"Bring it on, bitches!!" Drake yelled, still laughing madly.

Back in the basement, Kai caught the Twinkie that Donovan tossed him - surprised that the boy had even heard his quiet voice over his friends' chatter.
"Thanks." He murmured softly, tearing off the wrapper and taking a bite.
The delicious sweet taste was an indescribable feeling - and it was all Kai could do to keep his emotions in check after that first bite. He had always had a soft spot for sweet things - but he'd not had any since he was a child... Recently, it was always canned beef, or baked beans...
He gave an involuntary shudder, then glanced toward Donovan again. Like a starving dog thrown a bone, he found himself warming to the boy - and his confidence grew.
"You're different to your sister." Kai murmured softly, though his voice gave no indication as to whether this was a good thing, or a bad one.

Then, he heard the grenades. "Drake!" He gasped, on his feet in an instant, "Desire..." He froze for a moment, then grabbed his machine gun, and hurried toward the door. Before he left, he cast Jeremy a glance - and his friend understood instantly.
He was to watch out for the group... As usual, Kai was playing the hero. And it was not for the gratitude, nor for the glory - since he knew he would get neither of those. It was simply because he knew that if he let one more of his friends die when he could have prevented it, the guilt would crush him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 11:39 am

"Bastard!" Desire yelled at Drake as a large rock came and hit her leg. "Kareena, shoot the damn kid!"
Kareena cursed and aimed a gun at Drake, shooting him in the knee. "Listen to us, fool!" She screamed. Grenades were not a good way at all. They attracted even more of the undead then regular hooting. Of course hitting the head off was the best way to go, it was a lot more quiet that way.
When nothing was left moving, she ran over to Desire and helped her up. "I heard a nasty crack." She winced, trying not to whimper or cry. "Did you get him?"
"Yeah, in the knee. I didn't want to full out crucify him."
Desire laughed. "You should have. That'd teach him..." She sighed. Crucifying with a gun was when you shot someone in both knees and hands. It hurt like hell. Hopefully Drake was knocked out from the pain...

Donovan sighed. "They can take care of themselves. They don't need me, and in fact I'd very rather much leave them. Don't bother." The shooting had died down and Donovan stood up. "Now we can go. If I know them, they'll probably back on their way down congratulating each other..."

"OW THAT HURTS!" Desire screamed as Kareena pushed the bone back into her leg. Tears were running freely down her cheeks despite herself. She glared at Drake with so much hatred. She wished she had a gun in her hand. She'd kill him. A lot.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Drake cried out in pain and crumpled as the bullet struck his knee. For a while he clutched the injury - rolling around in pain, and wailing like the coward he was always so determined not to be.
Thankfully, before he could embarrass himself too much, Drake lost conscious - his pale form lying motionless on the cold ground.

Kai glanced at Donovan as he spoke again. He sensed the bitterness in the boy's voice, and for a moment his expression offered sympathy, but then he turned toward the door again. "It's too quiet." He murmured - knowing that, with Drake out there, there ought to be some sort of shouting match going on.
"Something's wrong."
He spun around, and dashed outside. A single zombie was advancing toward the girls. Slowly, of course - since it limped badly on one broken leg, and it was missing an arm, but that would surely not stop it from biting. So Kai raised his machine gun and shot it. Then he dashed to Drake. He rested a hand on his friend's forehead, studied his knee for a moment, and decided that he wasn't going to die - so he rushed on to Desire and the other girl (Who he had not yet met) instead.
"Grenade?" He asked quietly as he knelt beside them - his eyes darting concernedly to the girl's broken leg. "J-Jeremy can help." He stuttered, "C-can you r-reach my neck? I'll c-carry you." Speaking became far more difficult as Kai's nervousness increased - but he knew he had to help.
He also knew that Desire would not want his help... As if that made any difference to him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Desire groaned and reached up. "Thank you." She whispered. It began to pour down rain. Kareena stood up, brushing the dirt off her hands.
"I've got a nice first aid kit just around the corner. Go back inside." She jogged carelessly around a building to get it.
Desire looked up at Kai. "Thanks again. I know I haven't been the most welcoming person there is..." She trailed off and reached up to kiss him on the cheek. She chuckled like a little schoolgirl, even though she knew Kai was so much more older than her. She glanced around. "DON!" She shrieked.
"Right here, you don't need to kill my eardrums, you know." Donovan muttered, walking over quietly. "I'll get the boy." He said, walking towards Drake.

"C'mon, buddy, wake up." He said quietly, slapping his cheeks gently. After a while, he picked up the limp form and carried him back to Desire. "What do you want me to do with him."
"Kill him! But wait, put through as much pain as possible first, the idiot mother *THE FOLLOWING WORDS HAVE BEEN CENSORED DUE TO VIOLENCE AND PROFANITY* almost got me killed!" Desire yelled.
"I wasn't asking you, I was asking Kai." He turned to the older man. "Doesn't she have such a colorful vocabulary? And to think she said all of that in one breath." He chuckled.
"Shut up, Donovan."
"Okay sissy." He smiled and gave Desire a noogie.
"You're ruining my image."
"I am? Nah, they all still think you're a badass."
"Thanks."

Kareena grabbed a small red nylon knapsack and walked purposefully back to the rest of the group. "Where's this Jeremy person?" She asked to no one in particular. Her blonde hair was plastered to her back and her shirt clung to her thin frame. Water ran down her face and her shoes were getting soaked. Usually she would care that her favorite pair of Stillettos were getting ruined, but when she had a job to do, she didn't care. She changed into a completely different person. There was a large clap of thunder above, but the three of them didn't even flinch. Thunder just became less scary after what they went through for training.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 12:44 pm

((Loved that post! Very Happy ))

Kai merely shrugged off Desire's thanks - lifting her carefully, then wincing as he stood, finding that the burns on his back throbbed painfully with the way he had to bend over. He was actually still a little too weak to be carrying people around. He had lost rather a lot of blood, after all...
Or so he thought. Until Desire kissed his cheek, that is. Then, so much blood rushed to his face that it turned beat red, and he felt as though his cheeks might burn up from the inside out.
He didn't say anything - though this was mostly because his mouth was dry, and he was choking on what felt like a fist lodged in his windpipe. He didn't think he'd ever been more uncomfortable in his life.
That was the problem with being openly shy... Everybody always thought it was funny to mess with him. The only thing he could take solace in was the fact that his friends were not around to make the situation any more awkward. Because if any more blood rushed to his head, he feared he'd actually pass out.
Kai flinched as his burden let out an ear-splitting screech for her brother.
As Donovan appeared and offered to get Drake, Kai attempted to thank him - but his tongue refused to co-operate, so he simply shut his mouth again and began carrying Desire to the basement.
Then Donovan asked what to do with Drake, and Kai had to wince again as Desire's harsh words assaulted his eardrums. He held his breath until she was done, then released it with a sigh.
He turned to Donovan - who thankfully he was more comfortable talking to - and managed a barely coherent whisper. "Take him back to the basement, please." He requested politely, adding silently to himself, 'You need a pretty colourful vocabulary to describe a grenade-happy idiot like Drake.'
He'd gave Jeremy give Drake a tongue-lashing later. Not that it would make any difference... Drake never listened.

Kai shrugged, then gestured toward the basement as Kareena appeared. He led the way back there, and laid the bleeding Desire gently down on the floor.
"Sh-she's hurt." He told Jeremy quietly, "D-Drake, too."
"It was his fault, wasn't it?" Jeremy asked coldly. Kai nodded.
With an irritable roll of his eyes, Jeremy glanced toward Kareena - and saw the first aid kit she was holding. "Fantastic." He said with a grin, "Can I use that?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 12:56 pm

[[Why thank you ^^]]

Kareena grinned. "Don't break anything." She opened it up and began to sift through the various packets and bandages. She pulled out a large antiseptic packet and tore it open. She took up the moist cloth and began patting the wound on Desire's leg. She hissed.
"Gently, Saumensch!" She said, swearing in German.
Kareena snickered. "Stop whining, Saukerl."
Desire rolled her eyes and breathed in deeply. She lay down against the cold floor, and closed her eyes, falling asleep.
Kareena smiled. "She actually looks like she has some innocence left when she's sleeping." She murmured affectionately. "Give me a needle and some thread. It's good she's not awake for this part."

Donovan placed Drake's limp form on the ground and turned to see Kareena smiling flirtatiously at Jeremy. He chuckled. Typical Kareena, always going after the guys first. He sighed and plopped down beside the girl that had been screaming for her 'Drakeykins' earlier. "I'm Donovan." He offered his hand for her to shake it with a warm smile.

Outside the rain began to fall harder. The rotten smell of decaying zombie parts oozed into the little room and Kareena pinched her nose shut. "This smells worse than Donovan's feet after a couple days of walking." She teased.
"Shut up."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next