Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive?

+4
Sarahkinz
BloodyWhiteWolf
Rorah
Polo trapped in an inkpot
8 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive? - Page 6 Empty Re: The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive?

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 1:11 pm

"You sure you don't want some help?" Jeremy asked, taking out the needle and thread and handing it hesitantly to Kareena. "I used to be a paramedic, and I was training to be a doctor, so I do kinda know my stuff..." He trailed off uncertainly - not wanting to seem like a know-it-all, but wanting to do what was best.
He glanced up at Kareena, and saw her smiling at him. He felt his own lips mirror it, then glanced shyly away, a blush heating his cheeks. Kareena was even cuter than Mattie...

Mattie frowned in disgust as Donovan offered his hand. "I don't care!" She snapped in response, slapping his hand away and rushing to Drake's side. "Drake, sweetie, can you hear me?!" She wailed plaintively. Jeremy glared at her, then turned his attention back to Kareena. Ben crawled over to help Mattie tend to Drake, and Kai was left - as usual - standing on his own in the doorway, letting the soothing rain pelt his back.
When Kareena mentioned the smell, however, he shut the door. Glancing around the group, his eyes fell upon Donovan. He walked over to the boy, and sat quietly beside him - saying nothing, but merely offering his company, not that it was much of a comfort, after Mattie had been such a bitch.

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive? - Page 6 Empty Re: The Apocalypse - Can YOU survive?

Post  Rorah Sun May 29, 2011 1:48 pm

[[So many new characters....head imploding....]]
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 1:54 pm

((Sorry, we got rather... Overboard. XD
The only new characters are Kareena and Donovan, who are part of Desire's 'Team'. Everybody is still in the basement - though Kai and Drake left for a while to have a 'talk' with Desire... Then a zombie fight broke out, and now they're all back in the basement. :3 ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 pm

[[You could say that O.o
*freaks out*
I have no idea... should I read all of it or just kinda...drop in?!]]
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 2:19 pm

((Drop in, if you like. Smile It shouldn't matter much - I did my best to keep it so you wouldn't have to 'catch up'. XD
Most of the characters have just been sitting in the basement, none the wiser to everything going on, so methinks that works best. Smile ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sun May 29, 2011 2:21 pm

[[Oh okay O.o From the looks of it... I'm not sure Meg really appreciates anything that's going on x) ]]
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 2:27 pm

((Haha! I'm sure. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sun May 29, 2011 2:44 pm

For the entire time, Meg was still at the back of the basement, knees pulled closely towards her body. She could believe that a bunch of strangers all struggling for survival could turn so vicious, especially since more people turned up, including Desire and her little team of miscreants.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun May 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Kareena winked. "Go for it, big boy." She laughed and stood up. "I have to check on our problem child anyway..." She stratched and walked over to Drake and kneeled over him.
"Drake, wake up you idiot, you only got shot once and it's not even fatal." She muttered.
"Very funny." Donovan said. "These guys haven't experienced have the stuff you have, go easy on them."
Kareena's jaw hung loose. "They've never gotten shot before?!" She asked incredously.
"Nope."
"Everyone has at some point!"
"These people are sheltered. The worst that happened is Drake's grenades." He chuckled.
Kareena rolled her eyes as Mattie came up. "Leave the kid alone, he needs rest." She scolded.

Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun May 29, 2011 11:44 pm

"Problem child, huh?" Jeremy chuckled, "Well that's a nice way of putting it." He rummaged through the first aid kit, found what he needed, and set to work on Desire's leg. "Hey, Meg." He called, glancing over his shoulder at the girl. "Can you lend me a hand here? I've got to stitch up her leg, so I'll need somebody to hold the lips of the wound closed..."
On the other side of the small basement, Drake was moaning pathetically as he came around - whining about the pain, and swearing profusely.
Mattie, meanwhile, fussed around like a mother hen until Kareena asked her to leave - then she started shouting objections. Drake groaned louder to get attention, and Ben began shouting at the others to be quiet. Jeremy was concentrating so hard that he didn't even notice, so eventually-
"Would you all just SHUT UP!" An authoritative voice shouted - somehow familiar and unfamiliar all at once. Everybody turned slowly, dumbstruck, to see Kai on his feet - looking uncharacteristically angry. "All you ever do is fight, fight, fight! Drake - you claim to be a hardass, but right now all I see is a baby. Mattie - he's not into you. Get over it, and quit making a scene. Ben - shut the Hell up, you old hypocrite, you're making more noise than the rest. Jeremy, quit flirting and get to work."
Everybody gaped at him, and the silence was so intense that you could have heard a pin drop.
"These good people have been kind to us, and have helped us, even though we've caused a load of trouble for them. So just quit it with all the immature nonsense, and start being a little more hospitable!" He paused a moment, then added, "Meg, you were fine." With that, he sat down again and fell silent, leaving the uncomfortable silence lingering in the air.
Finally, Ben leaned over to Mattie as though to whisper something - but then seemed to think better of it. There was nothing to say.
So the silence dragged on until, after what seemed an eternity, Jeremy looked up with a grin. "Okay, I'm done!" He exclaimed brightly, "Just got to stitch up this gash, and she'll be good as new. See, I used this piece of wood to make a splint..." He trailed off, gazing around at the shocked faces around him. "Why's everybody being quiet?" He asked, blinking bemusedly. Kai, who by this point was so embarrassed that he wished a hole would open in the ground and swallow him up, couldn't help but laugh at Jeremy's ignorance. Mattie followed suit, and even Ben managed a light chuckle. Drake merely scowled angrily, and resumed moaning about the pain in his knee. Then Mattie resumed fussing over him. Ben took to staring nervously at Kai, and Kai slunk back further into his shadowy corner - more ashamed than ever of his outburst, and feeling his rush of confidence leave him as quickly as it had come.
Like a dog thrown a bone, he was loyal to those who treated him well.
((That shall be my extended metaphor, methinks. Razz I like it. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon May 30, 2011 8:40 am

Donovan nodded in approval while Kareena rolled her eyes. When Jeremy started talking and trailing off, she started laughing so hard that her stomach started cramping up.
"I'm..... going to.... kill you.... Jeremy!" She managed in between laughs. Donovan arched an eyebrow at her and decided she was crazy. Again. He quietly waalked over to Kai as a chorus of laughter erupted.
"Good job. Every group needs a strong leader." He whispered with an encouraging smile. "Even if it is usually Jeremy, it was good for you to take charge." He patted Kai on the back with a chuckle.

Kareena finally stopped giggling and glared at Jeremy, an intense expression on her face. "I will kill you for making me laugh like that." She muttered and stalked toward him threateningly. When she was about two steps ahead of him, she reached out and grabbed his shoulders. She pulled him close and whispered in his ear, "I'll get you." She bit the top of his ear gently and pulled away without looking at him. She turned around and walked away, strutting around purposefully.
"Des, can you hear me?" She said, kneeling over the girl's limp form. She placed a hand on Desire's shoulder and gently shook her.
"Five more minutes, mom." She moaned in her sleep.
"No, come on, you have to wake up now."
"Mom? Mom!" Desire started to panic in her sleep. "Where are you? Don't take her away!" She cried.
Kareena swore. "Another nightmare. Don, get your lazy ass over here!"
Donovan walked over and knelt by his sister. "Desire, wake up, it's just a dream, wake up honey."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon May 30, 2011 11:41 am

Jeremy blinked in shock at Kareena's words. "I declare a truce!" He yelped, raising his hands in surrender - though an amused grin played at his lips. His grin faltered, however, when Kareena repeated her threat more seriously and began walking toward him.
What...? She was seriously going to try to kill him for making her laugh? He didn't even know what was so funny...
He jumped when she grabbed his shoulders, but then she felt her lips at his ear, whispering, "I'll get you." He felt a sharp pain as her teeth closed over his ear momentarily, and goosebumps scuttled over his skin.
"Not if I get you first..." He whispered mischievously as she walked away, his eyes tracking the progress of her long, smooth legs as she strutted about.

Kai shrugged in response to Donovan's words, managing a weak smile. "Thanks." He whispered, "B-but I'm no leader. I just r-ran out of patience I guess." He chuckled quietly, shaking his head and leaning back against the wall. He cast Donovan a grateful glance... At least there was at least one person who had not condemned him for his outburst...

When Desire began to panic, and Donovan hurried to her side - Kai found his feet and ended up following - hovering a short distance off and watching Desire with concern. Most of the group did the same - keeping a respectful silence, yet yearning to be of some assistance.
They were ready to jump in at any moment. All except Drake, that is, who had finally swallowed his pride and asked Jeremy for help. So Jeremy set to work fixing up his knee - which left just Kai, Mattie and Ben watching Desire's restless thrashing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon May 30, 2011 11:58 am

Kareena turned around to face Jeremy. She winked and said, "My ass you'll get me first." She walked over to Drake and knelt down. Her hand traced his knee. "Sorry, kid. Just follow some rules every once in a while." She said coldly. Grabbing another antiseptic patch, she quickly patted down his knee. "You're lucky it was just one. Usually it's in both knees and the hands." She chuckled and said, "Called crucifying. Good technique for interrogation." while concentrating on the work. She had been training to be an operative in the CIA, so she knew some helpful stuff.

Meanwhile, Desire was still thrashing around. "Take her gun." Donovan said quietly. "Now. Desire, sweetie, wake up sis."
Slowly she stopped moving around.
Even more slowly, her eyes cracked open.
She inhaled deeply and winced.
"Alright, who farted?"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon May 30, 2011 12:04 pm

Jeremy grinned to himself at Kareena's retort - busying himself with the first aid kit to hide his blush, and keeping uncharacteristically quiet.
Drake, on the other hand, was making a complete scene. He hissed, yelped, swore and whimpered as the antiseptic stung his wound. "You're not the boss of me, bitch!" He hissed through clenched teeth, "Why the f*** should I follow your rules, huh?!"
"Drake, shut up." Jeremy advised pleasantly - still unable to wipe the grin from his face.

As instructed, Kai took Desire's gun from her. She thrashed a while longer, until Donovan managed to bring her back. Then, Kai knelt beside her and held out the gun. He could tell she was rather fond of her weapons...
As for her question - he would have answered, but his words failed him, so he simply remained silent.
Rainy weather really brought out the stench of the zombies...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon May 30, 2011 1:31 pm

"Because I know more than you." Kareena stated. "I'm done with him." She got up and angrily stormed away toward Donovan.
"Tell that Drake guy to shut up!" She whined in his ear, pulling on his arm in a more-than-friends way.
"Not now." He muttered, and Kareena pouted. She turned around to face Jeremy and gave him a begging look.
"Jeremy?" She asked desperately.
"Slut." Desire murmured hoarsely.
"Shut up, bitch." Kareena said with a smile. Desire returned tha smile and snickered.
"Don, what happened?" Desire asked hoarsely while Kareena went back to flirt with Jeremy.
"You fell asleep. And started dreaming. You haven't asked for mom in a while." He stated simply.
"Yeah, some memories came to the surface. Their fault." She indicated the group around her.
"I see."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon May 30, 2011 3:55 pm

"Common whore." Drake muttered bitterly to himself - starting to wrap a makeshift bandage around his own knee. "Drake, you're a jerk." Jeremy pointed out mildly, but he tended to his friend's wounds anyway.
"If you cause any more trouble, I'll get Kai to knock you out again." Jeremy warned Drake with a teasing grin, "And then we can all play pranks on you while you're out! Sounds like fun, right?"
Once done tended to Drake's knee - Jeremy clapped him on the shoulder, then wandered over to Kareena. He didn't seem to care much that she was flirting with Don as well as him. A hot girl was interested in him - what more could he ask for?

Kai watched the exchange between Don and Desire in silence - his eyes darting from one to the other.
When Desire said "Their fault." - Kai took that as his cue.
"Can I do anything?" He asked in a voice barely above a whisper - forming each word carefully to keep from stuttering.
He was determined to master that darn stutter...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon May 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Kareena glared at Drake. "Attention bitch." She fired back at him. When Jeremy walked over, she smiled winningly. "I may have someone worth my time here." She whispered to him, sliding closer and gently brushing his hand with hers. She batted her eyelashes flirtatiously and licked her lips ever so slightly. After a moment, she snickered viciously and walked away, knowing he'd watch her leave. Oh, the fun of mind games, she thought evily.

Donovan turned to Kai. "Do you have any water?" He asked, touched by the stranger's kindness. Not every pack he'd visited were nice. He wanted to stay here, but knew they would find out. He remembered Tanya and the warning. He didn't want to end up like that, slowly turning into one of the creatures she'd been so high above for so long. He didn't want to become a zombie, but to ot become one he had to...
He swallowed back the bile rising in his throat. How had he gone on for so long without feeling any remorse? Guilt? Sorrow? He supposed he had, but never this intense. He knew that Kai already trusted him, unlike anyone else before. He squeezed hihs eyes shut. Why couldn't he just stay here? Tell the group of his mission and get them to hide? Pretend that they were dead? They wouldn't listen to you, Donovan, and even if they did, wouldn't they be angry? his inner voice said. Silently, he agreed with it. He was screwed. He could just pretend he didn't know anything, but the Judge wouldn't have any of it. He would know full and well what was going on...

Desire glanced up at Donovan. "You okay, Donny?" She asked in a childish voice.
"Yeah. Just thinking." He placed special emphasis on 'thinking' so she wouldn't bother him about it.
"Okay." She muttered. "Yes, water would be nice." She said irritably.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 31, 2011 7:18 am

Drake continued mutterinng and grumbling, but nobody paid him any mind.
Jeremy gaped after Kareena as she walked away, but at a loud sniff from Mattie, he hurriedly shut his mouth and turned away in a dignified fashion - pretending to be busy with something.

At Donovan's request for water, Kai nodded mutely, and hurried toward the door. Clean, drinkable water was not such an easy thing to come by now that the zombies (And Drake's grenades) had ripped up the town, after all.
As he was about to step outside, an idea struck him - so Kai turned around and hurried back through the basement - then dashed up the stairs into the supermarket above. He congratulated himself with a silent smile when he found the fridges - smashed and broken - but still filled with their respective products. The milk already smelled bad - but the water would be just fine. Kai grabbed a couple of bottles, then hurried back to the basement again, closing the door behind him.
He tossed the two bottles to Donovan - one for him, and one for Desire. "I d-didn't see any zombies." He reported quietly, "So I th-think we're safe for now."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarahkinz Tue May 31, 2011 8:26 am

((Where are y'all? I was in Florida so I'm kinda out of place.))
Sarahkinz
Sarahkinz

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue May 31, 2011 9:01 am

[[Baha, sorry to you and Rorah. I basically let my characters loose and mine and Polo's were just actice. So here's the summary basically. My characters came in after the initial zombie fight, we were talk and arguing, finally we all went to the basement, my person, Desire (like the ghetto name Des-er-ray xD) was talking to Kai and Drake and two of her friends came along (Donovan and Kareena, Don is Desire's brother). Kai goes in the basement and a zombie attack comes up. Desire and Kareena yell at Drake to stay out of it, but he'd stupid and throws a grenade. A piece of shrapnel breaks Desire's leg and Kareena shoots him in the knee to get him to vut it out. They go back in the basement where Desire is currently getting over a nightmare, Kai is bringing water from the supermarket (or supermercado in Spanish Very Happy) and Kareena is flirting with Jeremy. Well kind of. And Drake is bitching about everything. Hope that helped Very Happy]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue May 31, 2011 9:13 am

Kareena snickered loudly and made her way over to Donovan and Desire, her heels clicking loudly against the cold cement floor.
"You really need new shoes." Donovan teased her. "Those have got to be uncomfortable. I can't believe they've lasted this long."
"Nah, they're fine." She laughed. "5 inches are not even that tall. Of course they've lasted this long, they're the heavy duty ones. You know, for the hookers. They've got to wear something strong."
Donovan snorted. "True that."

"Donny what's a hooker?" Desire asked innocently with an evil smile on her face.
"Shut up, you know already."
"Fine." She pouted. "Thanks Kai." Her friends' banter had managed to cheer her up and she took a bottle with a gracious nod of her head. "Unopened, saves me the process of disinfecting it." She said. "Thankfully. The less packets of that shit we use, the longer it'll last. The longer it lasts, the less we have to break into the emergency shelters." She shuddered, thinking of their last attempt at one.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 pm

((Sorry, we left you so far behind! D: *Tackles* Polo is duly regretful. No Anyway, Good old Batty here summed it up perfectly, so yeah - just fall back in however you like! Very Happy Great to have you back!))

Kai's intelligent eyes tracked the conversation between the three newcomers. It was somewhat fascinating watching how they interacted with one another - Kai had always liked doing that... Perhaps because his own social skills were virtually nonexistent, he hoped he could learn from others...
His attention was just starting to drift away, when suddenly Desire addressed him. He nodded in response to her thanks - his expression softening slightly, but not quite allowing a smile. "Exactly my thinking..." Kai murmured quietly in response, thankfully managing to control his stutter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue May 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Desire nodded. "Have you got any water distillment packages?" She asked, loving how scientific she sounded. She wasn't scientific at all, though. She was just immoral. She smiled to herself. Oh, the thrill of being dirty. With a wry grin, she coughed. "Controlling your stutter, I see." She added.

Meanwhile, Donovan stood up and walked over to Jeremy. "Stay away from her." He muttered hoarsely. "She's no good for you. She'll just distract you and end up getting you killed."
Kareena shot him an evil glare, even though she had no idea what he was saying. Whatever it wass, though, it couldn't be good.
"Donovan dear, could you be an angel and get me something to eat?" She asked pleasently, with an encouraging smile. Her eyes, though, flashed with one clear message. Leave him ALONE.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Kai shook his head in response to Desire's question. In the army he'd had some - but they had long since been used up. Recently, the group had just been boiling water and hoping for the best - or finding distilled water in shops, like right now.
"Trying to, at least." Kai managed in response to Desire's next comment - although now she mentioned the stutter, it became more difficult to keep his unruly tongue in check. So he said nothing more. Gradually, a tension began to creep into his shoulders as shyness overcame him once more - and Kai began subtly casting around for an opportunity to escape.

Jeremy glanced around in surprise upon hearing Donovan's harsh warning. He blinked in shock, a frown of confusion creasing his face as he tried to work out exactly what Donovan was trying to tell him. "Well..." He began - but then Kareena interrupted, and Jeremy noted the slightly-too-sweet tone to her voice.
Okay, so maybe Donovan was right, and she was trouble... But she was hot!!
"Thanks man." He said in response to Donovan, nodding seriously. He would watch his back, at least...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue May 31, 2011 2:20 pm

[[Jeremy seems a little shallow xD]]

Desire quickly grew bored with Kai and began wandering around. Quietly, she knelt down next to Drake. "Yoou're an idiot, you know that?" She said playfully. "You're lucky she only shot you once and didn't kill you. But don't think I didn't hear you wailing like a little baby." She smiled, but her eyes flashed dangerously. "I'll be watching you. You had better get into line."

As Donovan meandered away from Jeremy, Kareena sauntered over. "What'd the jealous bastard say." She demanded icily. "I swear, if he said anything bad about me, he'll be so sorry he won't even..." She trailed off, letting her threat hang. She glared at the boy in front of her, eyes burning with rage.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next