Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's VERY short RP. For real this time. (Mature)

2 posters

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's VERY short RP. For real this time. (Mature) - Page 5 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's VERY short RP. For real this time. (Mature)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:49 am

"I haven't lost that much." Sloan complained, lifting his hand and glaring down at the the puncture in his side, which was still bleeding freely. Dane was right, of course, in saying that it hadn't been the first time. He was used to seeing himself surrounded by far more blood than this - the thing that bothered him was that this time, it wasn't by his own choice... And it was a well known fact that Sloan Terse liked to be in control of every situation.

Before Sloan could complain any more, the ambulance arrived, and he was accosted by a team of paramedics, none of which seemed particularly interested in how 'fine' he was.
Soon enough they had him piled into the ambulance, and Dane had climbed in to sit beside him.
Sloan was stubbornly refusing to lie down, but he did cooperate enough to allow the paramedics to remove his shirt, and bandage up the wound.
"Jesus, you must love scaring the crap out of me." Dane commented, and Sloan turned to smile sheepishly at him.
"Hey, it's not like I stabbed myself!" He objected indignantly, but Dane just smiled tightly, and added, "You have excellent timing, too, right when I'm high on E-numbers."
"Oh please, don't calm down on my account." He responded with a chuckle, "It could be quite amusing to watch you darting around an ambulance like a nervous squirrel."
He was about to say more, but then a vaguely familiar voice interrupted him.
"Sloan?"
He turned questioningly, and found Sarah - the paramedic from his fall at the show - frowning at him in vague recognition.
"Hey." He greeted her with a subtle smile, "I think I've been seeing too much of you lately."
She ignored his joke, and said in a slightly sulky fashion, "You never called me."
Sloan laughed incredulously, and gestured to the newly bandaged gash in his side.
"I've been a bit busy." He pointed out sharply.
She frowned, and shot back, "But I thought you-"
"Have you met my boyfriend?" Sloan cut her off suddenly, becoming bored of the 'game', "Dane," He turned back to his boyfriend, "You remember the paramedic from the show?"
"S-So you're-?" Sarah stuttered, "I've got to... Check on something." She vanished off to check on some machines that obviously weren't connected to anything, and Sloan turned back to Dane with a grimace.
'Awkward!' He mouthed silently, pulling a face and squeezing his boyfriend's hand. "F*ck," He commented in an amused whisper, "The ladies are all over me today, huh? You're gonna have to start chasing them off with a broom." He ruffled Dane's hair teasingly - obviously starting to enjoy the attention now. He usually did - although he would never admit it.
"This is good stuff." He said, gesturing toward the IV drip that had been attached to his arm, and glancing toward the nearest paramedic. "Morphine?" The young man nodded, and Sloan flashed a grin at Dane. "Worth it just for the Morphine." He joked, grinning cheerfully.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's VERY short RP. For real this time. (Mature) - Page 5 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's VERY short RP. For real this time. (Mature)

Post  Dreambug Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:49 am

Dane chuckled at Sloan's 'squirrel' comment, shaking his head in amusement. It was true, knowing him he probably would end up turning fidgety in no time, and he'd have to walk around. Then he'd fall over when the ambulance took a sharp turn. It seemed to be going faster than he was used to, but ambulances tended to do that. ((No shit, Dane. XD))
However, when the familiar voice appeared beside him, his smile vanished. He didn't even have to look at her to know who she was, and no doubt she'd be as flirtatious as ever. He hunched over his seat, ready to shrink away as the two would begin to talk pleasantly to each other.
The girl didn't seem to pleased to see his boyfriend, however, which almost made him relax. Didn't she like Sloan anymore? Better, did she hate him?
He listened to the conversation without looking up from his hands, trying to hide his smirk. Jeez, she was pissed.
When he felt his name being called he glanced up, suddenly aware that the word 'boyfriend' had been mentioned. He noticed the look on Sloan's face, eyebrows raised, and slowly raised a hand in a brief wave in the girl's direction. He then tured away and covered his mouth with his hand to unsubtley hide his smirk.
That was one way to break the news.
She vanished to go fuss over some machines then, and Dane shook his head, biting his lip to keep grom laughing outloud at Sloan's stupid face. He sure had a way with the ladies, didn't he?
"The ladies are all over me today, huh? You're gonna have to start chasing them off with a broom." He ruffled Dane's hair, and he responded with a cat-like grin.
"No need, I can use the spade I use for mucking out at the stables. That'll get rid of 'em." He stuck his tongue out playfully.
He sat back as Sloan and the other paramedic started talking about morphine, and shook his head in amusement. He had to admit, he really loved that man.
"You're in a good mood." He commented, poking the man's cheek. "To say you've been stabbed."
He chuckled and ruffled Sloan's hair back with a vengeance, then rested his ankle on his knee, clamping his hands behind his head. "God..." He grinned again, jerking a thumb towards the girl they'd been talking to earlier. "You're such an asshole, d'you know that?"
But it was a compliment. He found Sloan's hand and squeezed it affectionately.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:43 am

"Morphine, mate." Sloan replied with a grin, jerking a thumb toward the IV, "Th'stuff's fantastic. I can't feel a thing."
Sloan rolled his eyes when Dane ruffled his hair, then fixed it painstakingly.
By the time he was done, he found Dane looking toward Sarah, who was still sulking in her corner.
"You're such an asshole, d'you know that?" Sloan just shrugged at this, not looking the least ashamed. "If I'm an asshole, then you're an idiot for dating me." He retorted, smirking and squeezing Dane's hand back. "Speaking of which; sorry I ruined our date. Couldn't really help it though..." He chuckled, and smiled sheepishly, then turned his gaze toward the ambulance doors as he felt it grind to a halt.
The nearest paramedic quickly checked Sloan's vitals.
"You look fine." He said, "So we'll take you in and get you fixed up, but I doubt you'll have to stay."
One of the paramedics opened the ambulance from outside, and another unfolded a wheelchair - but the moment Sloan saw it, he stood abruptly, and jumped out of the ambulance perhaps a little too energetically.
"F*ck that sh*t!" He growled, jabbing a finger toward the wheelchair. "I'm not a cripple, I can walk."
The paramedics glanced at one another uncertainly - but it soon became clear that Sloan was not going to listen no matter what they said, so they let him walk - wheeling his IV drip beside him.
"Come, Daney." He said, summoning his boyfriend, "Let's get this over with so we can get home. You can watch Elmo or something in the waiting room." He flashed an impish grin, "Can't have you fainting with all the scary blood..."
Still clearly enjoying all the excitement, Sloan strutted into the hospital, flaunting his stab wound, and waited for a nurse to take him to an examination room.

((There's something wrong with this character. o_0 I try to torture him, and he flipping enjoys it. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:52 pm

"That's true." Dane agreed. "I must be pretty stupid." He grinned stupidly, then waved Sloan's apology off with a flick of his hand. "Don't apologise. Technically, it's not over yet."
He winked suggestively, the raised a flirtatious as if to say 'this can continue when we get home' and then turned to the paramedics as he felt the ambulance slowly come to a halt. Honestly, he was feeling rather fidgety. He'd probably have to take a walk around the hospital to blow off some energy before he started talking like a child on E-numbers.
He sat patiently as Sloan was checked over and the doors opened, revealing another paramedic who was unfolding a wheel chair. Dane rolled his eyes.
Oh dear, you brought a wheelchair.
"F*ck that sh*t![/i]" Sloan snapped.
You shouldn't have done that, Dane thought with a smirk. He won't like it.
"I'm not a cripple, I can walk."
You better know it, guys. Otherwise he'll bite your head off...
Dane raised an eyebrow as Sloan jumped off the ambulance, seemingly unfazed, and began streutting into the hospital, looking rather pleased with himself. Rolling his eyes Dane followed him, thanking the paramedics as he went, and shoved his hands in his pockets as he caught up to Sloan.
"Come, Daney. Let's get this over with so we can get home. You can watch Elmo or something in the waiting room. Can't have you fainting with all the scary blood..."
Dane glared at him. His squeamish attitude was not as dramatic as Sloan made it. He just... Didn't like seeing it in real life. TV was fine, but not drenched all over his boyfriend.
"Screw that!" Dane jeered. "I'm not watching crappy television whilst you get all the fun. I'm going to run ten laps around the hospital perimeter." He grinned, then gently tapped the back of Sloan's head in a friendly gesture. "I'm too hyper to be sat around doing naff all." He giggled squeakily, as if to prove his point.
"I'll see you later." He said. Then added, "Try not to pass out, and no swearing at the doctors." He scolded, wagging his finger accusingly. "And if I find you've taken any more numbers, I'll tell Sarah."
Grinning, he raised his hand in a brief wave and pouted his lips in a teasing air-kiss, then jogged out the hospital doors.
Obviously, he hadn't been joking.

Last edited by Dreambug has a Polo <3 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'sat' not 'at' XD)
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:05 pm

"You do that." Sloan laughed in response, "But try not to knock any cars over, okay?" He stuck his tongue out when Dane mentioned Sarah, then shook his head in fond amusement as he watched his boyfriend jog out of the hospital doors.
That man really was something...
Sloan was still staring after Dane when a nurse appeared beside him, and bustled him into a room, where his usual doctor was awaiting him.
"Stoner!" Sloan jeered, pulling a 'rock fist' with one hand.
"What up, Slick?" She replied, turning to face him with a grin, "What'd you do this time?" She asked, nodding toward his wound, "Asked a fat lady if she was pregnant?"
Sloan laughed at this, and helped himself to a seat on the bed, swinging his legs in a childish fashion, "Some stupid punk tried to take my wallet. When I grabbed the little bugger, he stabbed me." Sloan shrugged, seeming thoroughly unconcerned, "Worth it for the Morphine, though."
Doctor Stone rolled her eyes, and muttered in subtle amusement, "Really, Sloan, if you didn't have a hole in your side, I'd swear you were just scamming me for meds... Let's get you checked out then."
The smalltalk ended when Doctor Stone began her examination - and after she'd cleaned up his wound, stitched and bandaged it and run a few tests, she told him that he was free to go.
"I'll call you if the test results show any problems, but I don't think you have to worry." She said with a smile, ushering him to the door, "Now stay out of trouble!"

With a yawn and a wave, Sloan traipsed back into the parking lot - looking slightly more sorry for himself now he was off the drip. After a few minutes of waiting, he located his boyfriend and made his way over.
"Yo, Daney." He greeted him with a smile. "Let's be off. Best try grab a cab or something..." He stared blankly around the parking lot.
"This would be easier if we were in America."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 pm

"I won't!" He called, grinning, and shot Sloan a backwards wave as he disappeared out of the hospital.

Dane ran for about ten minutes, managing to run a lap of the hospital building once before he got tired. Besides which, it was difficult findig his way round in the dark, everywhere looked so different, and he couldn't see the signs.
Even in his enrgetic state, he wasn't in the mood to be running around in the dark. Besides which, when he was hyper his brain was far more active, which brought his childish fears of ghosts and serial killers stealing people away in the knight and cutting them apart keep messing with his sight, making him imagine shadows that weren't there, and flinching at every sound.
When he finally found the main entrance again he had stopped running to let off energy, but had been running from an imaginary serial killer that vanished the minute he walked into the light.
He bought himself a glass of water at the hospital cafe and sat at a table to catch his breath, glad to be able to see everything again.
Sloan still wasn't back once Dane had nearly finished his water, and so after a toilet break Dane headed out to the car park, his phone in hand in case any more serial killers came after him.
He nearly jumped out of his skin when Sloan appeared beside him, but he refused to admit how scared he'd been out there on his own. "Hey." He said, smiling thinly and rubbing his cold arms.
A taxi. That was exactly why he had his phone out. To call a taxi.
"This is when a mobile comes in handy." He waved his phone proudly and punched in the numbers, then ordered a taxi to the cinema car park, where the Jeep was hopefully still waiting.
Once he'd hung up he turned back to Sloan, letting out a shudder in the cold. "Just so we're clear, since you're allowd to call me 'Daney' in public, I'm allowd to call you 'Sloany'. At least. If not some other embarassing nickname I come up with. Right?" He grinned, then leant his arm against Sloan's, aware he probably would be able to hug him for a while.
"How're you feeling, anyway?" He asked. "Does it stil hurt?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Sloan shivered slightly in the cold while he waited for Dane to call the taxi, and by the time his boyfriend turned back to him, he was rubbing goosebumps from his arms.
Dane looked at him with a silly expression for a moment, then said, "Just so we're clear, since you're allowed to call me 'Daney' in public, I'm allowd to call you 'Sloany'. At least. If not some other embarassing nickname I come up with. Right?"
"Absolutely not." Sloan replied firmly, shoving Dane playfully away from him, and fixing an annoyed expression on his face, "If you threaten to call me embarrassing nicknames, then we just won't go out in future. Don't push me, Mister, 'cause I swear I'll go through with it!" He flashed a devious grin and ruffled Dane's hair - but then he was forced to return to seriousness at his boyfriend's next question.
"How're you feeling, anyway? Does it still hurt?"
Sloan glanced down at the bloodstained hole in his shirt that covered the bandage, and frowned thoughtfully.
"More now I'm off the drip." He admitted with a shrug, "But I'm used to it. I'll be okay."
He smiled reassuringly, then wrapped his hand around Dane's when the taxi arrived.
"It would be just my luck to go and get stabbed..." Sloan muttered, rolling his eyes, "If it was a fistfight, that little punk would have been so dead!"
He huffed irritably, then shoved Dane into the back seat of the waiting Taxi, and climbed in beside him.
He told the driver their destination, and within a moment, they were on their way.
"Good job I live near a hospital, huh?" He commented with a silly grin, "I seem to spend most of my time there nowadays. Gotta feel sorry for my insurance company."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Dane rolled his eyes at Sloan's answer. Obviously, Sloan was used to it. After all the physical pain he'd put himself through in the past, what was a pesky stab wound going to be in comparison?
But his thoughts were brought to halt when he felt a hand wrap around his, and his lips automatically drew into a small smile. Dear Lord... He certainly had got in quite deeply with this, hadn't he? Even after all this time Sloan still made him feel warm and his insides bubble when they were around. It was bizarre. He thought that sort of thing only happened on films.
When the taxi appeared they both climbed in and Dane was thankful for the warmth it brought to his outer body - having a warm heart was all well and good, but when it was cold outside it wasn't very helpful - and he pulled his sleeves his over his hands, rubbing them together and breathing into them with chattering teeth.
Sloan's comment on getting stabbed made Dane look at him with a lazy eye. That sort of talk could be saved for when he wasn't anywhere near people who could hurt him, or when he was hurt himself. Sloan knew how powerful he was, but constantly beating people wasn't something he was supposed to make a habit of.
"Good job I live near a hospital, huh? I seem to spend most of my time there nowadays. Gotta feel sorry for my insurance company."
"Trouble seems to find you quite often, doesn't it?" Dane joked, squeezing Sloan's hand again once his own had warmed a bit. "It's almost like you go looking for it."
He shook his head in amusement then looked out the window.
"Youd better take it easy for a bit, just while it heals. I'll ride Dart for you, and when you're a little better you can come and watch, and tell me what I'm doing wrong, if you like."
One corner of his mouth lifted up slightly. He knew what Sloan's idea of a 'lesson' was, besides beating people, anyway.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:16 pm

"What can I say? Trouble just loves me." Sloan joked in response, grinning stupidly. It was remarkable how little it bothered him that he had a side full of stitches, and a fresh trauma at the front of his mind.
"Youd better take it easy for a bit, just while it heals. I'll ride Dart for you, and when you're a little better you can come and watch, and tell me what I'm doing wrong, if you like."
Dane's words seized his attention, and Sloan glanced sharply at him, frowning in surprise.
"Don't be ridiculous." He scolded, still frowning as though Dane had just suggested he take up ballet, "We're eventing One Star at the end of the month. I've only got two weeks left to prepare - I can't afford to have you ride her for me." He shrugged, "I need the practice more than she does as it is. I'll have to make a plan to collect the Jeep tomorrow, so you can ride her then, but from Tuesday I'll be in the saddle every day, come hell or high waters."
He nodded firmly, then turned to glance out of the window - only to find that the taxi had come to a halt outside his house.
"Thanks mate." Sloan said, slapping some money into the taxi driver's hand.
At least he hadn't lost his wallet in all that...
"Come on, Dane." He encouraged, smiling as he let himself out of the car, and held out a hand for Dane.
"Let's get some rest... It's been a long night."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:57 am

"Don't be ridiculous. We're eventing One Star at the end of the month. I've only got two weeks left to prepare - I can't afford to have you ride her for me."
Dane frowned at Sloan's expression. Why did he have to be so stubborn at a time like this? He'd just been stabbed for goodness' sake. Horseriding was the last thing he should be doing...
"I need the practice more than she does as it is. I'll have to make a plan to collect the Jeep tomorrow, so you can ride her then, but from Tuesday I'll be in the saddle every day, come hell or high waters."
He sighed, slumping his shoulders in defeat. The subject was clearly not up for discussion, but Dane had to admit he still wasn't happy about it. Tuesday was only in a couple of days' time, and Sloan's wound wouldn't be very well healed at that time. If he fell, or if Dart so much as jerked her head his stitches would open, and that could prove even worse than the previous wound.
He remained silent until they arrived back home, and he climbed out of the taxi with his hands in his pockets, shuddering at the cold. But when Sloan offered his hand, Dane took it, and the two fled into the house from the low temperatures. Once he was inside Dane threw off his coat and kicked off his shoes, then, too tired to change, he stripped into his boxers and flung himself on Sloan's bed face-down, having totally forgotten about his own bed next door.
"I've never loved a bed so much in my life." He muttered, his voice muffled from the mattress.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Sloan kicked the door closed, and stalked off to his room - leaving Dane to undress himself in the hall.
Sloan, too, stripped down to his boxers - and by the time he was done, he found Dane lying face-down on the bed, looking almost indecently comfortable.
"I've never loved a bed so much in my life."
"Oh, sure, the bed gets love, but I don't?" Sloan teased, pouting and folding his arms sulkily.
"If that's your attitude, I might just have to banish you to your own bed, mate."
He flashed a devious grin, and flopped down on the bed beside Dane. He propped himself up on his elbow, and trailed a finger flirtatiously all the way down Dane's spine.
Of course, it probably wasn't a good idea to get all flirty when he couldn't really do anything anyway... It was the cave all over again.
Then again, this was just a little hole in his side. It wouldn't really slow him down all that much...
"G'night, Daney." Sloan said with a smile, slapping his boyfriend affectionately between the shoulderblades, then flopping back onto his pillows, and pulling the covers over him.
"Make sure you give my girl a good workout tomorrow. I'll try get that Jeep home sometime tomorrow."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:15 pm

"Please don't. The whole spider thing in there really scarred me." Dane said, still not moving from his spot.
That is, until he felt a cold finger trail down the dip of his spine, and he wriggled away in fits of giggles, flopping onto his side as if it would totally protect him from being tickled. But Sloan wasn't stupid, he knew Dane was ticklish pretty much everywhere.
He flinched slightly as his bare shoulder was slapped in a friendly gesture, and pulled the covers over himself as his skin began to grow cold.
"Night, Sloan."
"Make sure you give my girl a good workout tomorrow. I'll try get that Jeep home sometime tomorrow."
"I will." He said, then shuffled closer to his boyfriend and folded his arms up to his chest like a mummy, resting his head on Sloan's shoulder. He waited in silence for a moment for the will to sleep to engulf him, but when it didn't quite come, Dane looked up at the man's face and grinned.
"Sloany..." He ordered the man, poking his cheek for good measure to get his attention. "Sloanyyyyyy...."
He reached up and kissed his boyfriend's lips lovingly, chuckling slightly between kisses. He found Sloan's hand and squeezed it tightly, then whispered cheekily, "G'night,"
He pecked the man's nose sweetly one last time before relaxing back into his previous position, resting his brow on Sloan's chest.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Sloan shifted closer to Dane, relaxing into the sweet comfort of having the man he loved so close beside him. After a moment, he let his eyes slide closed - but before he could even think about sleep, Dane's nagging voice interrupted him.
"Sloany..." He ignored this, but then Dane poked his cheek sharply, and Sloan opened his eyes with a grunt, glaring at Dane. "Sloanyyyyyy...."
"That's not my n-" He began objecting, but Dane silenced him with a kiss, so Sloan just rolled his eyes and grumbled to himself instead.
He felt Dane squeeze his hand, and squeezed obediently back, curling his fingers around his boyfriend's.
Dane said goodnight then, and curled up to rest his forehead against Sloan's chest.
He wrapped an arm absentmindedly around his boyfriend's bare shoulders, and held him lightly as he slipped off to sleep.

Sloan didn't get much sleep that night... The pain kept him up, apart from the odd fitful spell of nightmares - most of which consisted of bloody knives and hooded strangers.
Maybe Sloan was a little more bothered by all this than he let on...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Dane let out a quite noise of satisfaction when he felt Sloan's embrace, and leant obediently into it with a smile. He was aware not to touch the freshly stitched wound, besides which it made him somewhat squeamish. But he was surprised how quickly sleep took over him the minute he closed his eyes, and in minutes his breathing had calmed into a steady pulse.

He slept as well as he could have done, considering what had happened, but when he awoke he didn't want to get out of bed. When he opened his eyes he was still in Sloan's arms, but the man smelt different to how he'd been the night before. He smelt... Sweaty.
Somehow Dane didn't think Sloan was as alright as he'd let on.
He silently forced himself out of bed and dressed into his usual yard gear, helped himself to a leftover pancake from the day before and wandered back to Sloan. Instead of waking the man up he leant down and kissed his forehead gently, stroking his hair, when whispered a quiet 'Goodbye' before walking outside, only to find he'd have to walk to work.
Cursing, he grabbed his backpack and threw himself into a clumsy jog down the road towards the stables. He just hoped he wouldn't be late for bringing the ponies in...
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:41 pm

Sloan stirred slightly when Dane kissed him goodbye, but he didn’t really register – because he was finally in a half-asleep state, and he planned to keep it that way.
At about 10AM, he finally dragged himself out of bed, and checked his cellphone. He had a few missed calls and one voicemail, which he didn’t bother listening to. Surprisingly, they were all from Cheryl. Perhaps this shouldn’t have surprised him, but considering she’d barely taken the time to contact him since their break up, it did.
He was about to start panicking about his son, but then he saw that he had a text message, too.

Geez, Sloan! Ur bloody impssbl 2 get hold of! Wink
Ws gud seeing u 2day. Wna get 2getha 2mz?
I got sum free tym, n’ we got sum catchin up 2 do.
C u 2mz, hopefully! Smile
Xxxxxx Cheryl.

He winced at her horrible language, and frowned at his phone with an expression of pained concentration as he tried to decipher what, to him, was a load of gibberish. Eventually, he was able to get the gist. He wasn’t sure why Cheryl suddenly wanted to meet up again – but it was fine by him. He could actually use her help.
Smiling slightly at the convenience of the situation, Sloan hit Cheryl’s number on speed dial, and held the phone to his ear. It rang for a few moments, then a female voice on the other end asked, “Hello?”

“Cheryl.” Sloan greeted her, “Hey. I got your text.”
“Well, I should bloody well hope so!” She laughed, “I was trying to get hold of you all last night! You get drunk and pass out or somethin’?”
“Nah. I got dragged to hospital.” Cheryl nearly interrupted at that, but Sloan quickly cut her off.
“Long story, I’ll tell you later. Anyway, wanna hang today?”
“Sloan, what hap-“
“You’d have to pick me up, because my Jeep’s still at the mall. That’s half my motivation for going out, to be honest…”
“Sloan! Why were you at the hos-“
“See you at 11, Cheryl. Cheers!”
“Sloan! Sloan, wait- Sloan!”

Before Cheryl could say any more, Sloan hung up, and the line went dead with a beep.
He stood up, preparing to get ready to go out, but then it occurred to him that he ought to send another text first.

Dane,
Going out with Cheryl
to catch up and fetch the Jeep.
Be back in the afternoon, probably.
Love ya, Buddy. Smile

He hit send, then tossed his phone aside, and traipsed off to the shower to get ready.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:11 pm

Dane's phone beeped when he was half way through tacking Dart up, and he had to quickly flee from the stable before she flung a well-shoed hoof in his direction, and locked the door behind him.
What is it, Sloan? I nearly had her bridle on!
He slipped his phone out from his pocket with a huff and looked at the message.
'Dane,
Going out with Cheryl
to catch up and fetch the Jeep.
Be back in the afternoon, probably.
Love ya, Buddy Smile

A frown formed on his face. Cheryl? He was meeting his ex? Dane had just hoped he was picking up the Jeep and it would be that. Why had he planned such a huge amount of tim to pick the Jeep up anyway? It was oly at the cinema...
Anxiety gnawed at him as he winced at the screen on his phone. Cheryl had seemed pretty damned friendly with Sloan at the cinema, and Sloan had made it pretty unclear that he and Dane were going out. Cheryl knew him better than Dane did. What if something happened?

Have fun. Dane replied. Be home for dinner.

He sighed and slid his phone in his pocket, trying to forget the words 'going out with Cheryl' more than anything else.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Not long later, Cheryl pulled up outside in her silver Peugeot (sp?) to pick Sloan up. He met her outside, climbed into the car, and was bullied into telling Cheryl of the previous night’s events while they drove to the mall.
She was almost uncharacteristically concerned, and Sloan was pleasantly surprised to see how much she cared, despite their breakup. He and Cheryl had been close friends before, so he was honestly relieved that it seemed to be heading back that way again.

They soon arrived at the mall, and went inside to a sweet little coffee shop. Cheryl ordered a coffee, but Sloan wanted to try to catch up on sleep when he got home, so he eventually settled on a decaf.
Once their drinks arrived, they chatted and laughed for a long time – talking like old pals about everything that had happened since they last saw each other. Sloan tactfully avoided mentioning certain things; his sexuality, for instance, and the fact that he’s spent a large sum of his time in America locked up in a loony bin.
After at least an hour of casual small talk, Cheryl said something that honestly surprised Sloan.
“You know, Sloan, I’m actually pretty proud of you.”
“Huh?” Sloan grunted, eyebrows darting up in surprise. Last time he’d spoken to Cheryl, she had basically told him that he was too much of a mess to see his own son. He wasn’t about to forget that easily…
“Yeah.” Cheryl insisted, smiling, “You’ve really changed, Sloan… The drinking, the anger, the constant depression…” Her eyes dropped questioningly to his arms, rested on the table, and Sloan obligingly rolled up his sleeve to display a wrist free of fresh scars.
“You’ve come a long way.” She praised, looking up at him with a bright smile, “I didn’t know you had it in you… You must have tried really hard.”
“It hasn’t been easy.” Sloan admitted with a weak chuckle, “But I guess I’m getting there… Thanks.”
He offered a slightly awkward smile, and Cheryl beamed back at him, her cheeks dimpling in a friendly fashion.

Then she reached across the table to take his hand, and things started to get weird.
“I can see you’ve given this your all, Sloan.” She said gently, squeezing his hand in a comforting fashion. “You’ve earned a second chance…” She reached up and rested a hand against his cheek, her eyes twinkling with warmth, as though she thought she was offering Sloan a second chance at life.
“Cheryl, I-“
“It’s okay, Sloan. You messed up, but that’s okay. Everyone makes mistakes… You learned from yours, and that’s what matters to me. We were great together… And just look at how Nick turned out.”
“No, Cheryl, you don’t understand-“
“What don’t I understand?” She asked, listening to Sloan at last, and letting her pretty face crease into a frown.
This left Sloan speechless, and he swallowed nervously as he scanned the woman’s familiar features.
She had short black hair that framed her face in bouncy locks, a pair of pale blue eyes that looked especially large in her face, and a cute button nose that turned up slightly at the tip. Her cheeks were always rosy, and held a certain pudginess that somehow added to her charm.
She was a fair amount shorter than him, with her head about in line with his shoulder – but she was sensually curvy in a vibrant, charming sort of way.
She had always been considered quite a catch, but for obvious reasons, Sloan had never seen her that way. She was a friend to him, and always would be – the complications had come in when Nick was conceived… That had been a mistake. A wonderful mistake, but a mistake nevertheless…
Sloan stared at Cheryl, and looking into her eyes, he could see exactly how much she loved him. Maybe she had never stopped?
“What don’t I understand, Sloan?” She asked again, frowning in innocent confusion.
“Cheryl, I can’t just- Just get back together with you…” Her cheerful expression faded somewhat, eyebrows drawing sadly together.
“I’m seeing somebody…” Sloan explained awkwardly. “And it’s… It’s going pretty well, actually.”
Cheryl stared blankly at him, seemingly unable to believe what she was hearing. “But Nick-“ She objected timidly.
“You left me, Cheryl.” Sloan reminded her harshly, “And it’s a good thing you did – because it made me realize some things that helped me turn my life around-“
“That’s exactly why we should be toge-“
“Goddamnit, Cheryl, I’m f*cking gay, alright?!”
This was followed by a stunned silence, which Cheryl at last broke with an uncertain stammer.
“N-no you’re n-not…” He mumbled, blinking up at him in shock.
Sloan just shrugged helplessly, and offered an awkward smile.
“No.” Cheryl said, crossing her arms firmly. “Just no. What we had was real, Sloan, and you know it. I don’t know what stupid little fantasy you’re chasing after – but I’m back now, damn it! So let go of this little midlife crisis, and get your head screwed on straight!”
She stood abruptly, and glared down at him – but at the sight of his handsome face, her expression softened despite her best efforts.
“We’ve got a son…” She muttered, raking a hand through her hair. “And we were always great together, until you got depressed. Just… Just think about it, okay?”
She smiled at him, and leaned down to kiss his forehead, then turned to walk away, leaving him sitting at the table alone, in a complete and utter daze.

By the time he arrived home in the Jeep that afternoon, Sloan’s head was still reeling.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Dane had been waiting for Sloan when he got home later that afternoon, since there hadn't been any lessons he needn't stay as long as usual, so he was sat on the sofa, feet rested up on the counter and watching TV, a large share pack of crisps hooked under his arm. Now he knew what Sloan had felt like when Dane had stalked off with Theo. Knowing the person you loved was out with someone who liked them was something that could eat away at you pretty damn quickly, and Dane, being the girly person that he was, decided to comfort eat to get his mind off it, and watch cheesy romance films from ten years ago.
He didn't even greet Sloan when he came in through the door, didn't even look at him. Instead, he just said, "How was Cheryl?"
Another crumpled piece of paper sat by his feet which he'dfound in the riding hat he kept at the stables with Theo's number on, with the exact same message as the previous day. Dane wondered whether burning it would get Theo the message, because he certainly wasn't calling him, no matter how annoying he got.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Sloan closed the door behind him when he entered the house and, seeing Dane on the sofa, walked over to him with a relieved smile - looking forward to getting back to a place where life made sense; in Dane's arms, where he belonged.
But, sadly, Dane had other ideas.
"How was Cheryl?" He asked coolly, not even bothering to look away from the TV screen.
Sloan froze, shifting his weight uncertainly, and frowning at Dane.
"A little disappointed, actually." Sloan replied, although he didn't diverge any more details - because his hackles were rising automatically in response to Dane's attitude.
"How's your shoulder?" He retorted, sounding a little too irritated to be teasing, "'Cause if it gets any colder, it'll fall right off."
He folded his arms and stalked over to Dane, standing beside the couch, and looking down at his boyfriend with a set jaw.
"You got a problem, mate? 'Cause if you do, just come out with it already. I don't play these f*cking 'guess what's pissing me off' games. If I wanted to put up with that sh*t, I'd date chicks." This time, he really was teasing - but even with his subtle smile, there was still some truth behind his words.
"Go on, then." He sighed, sitting down heavily beside Dane on the couch, "You're pissed because I was hanging out with my ex, even though she's the mother of my child, and one of my oldest friends?" He raised an eyebrow in a patronizing fashion and waited for Dane's response.
Sure, Dane was absolutely right to be jealous - but he didn't know that yet, so he wasn't allowed to be jealous or pissy. Once Sloan told him what had happened, well, then he could bitch all he liked. But Sloan didn't intend to say a word while Dane was acting like an emotional woman.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Dane wasn't really caring enough for a response. He didnt really give a rat's ass how Cheryl was. He kept his eyes trained on the TV, shovelling a handful of crisps into his mouth.
""How's your shoulder? 'Cause if it gets any colder, it'll fall right off."
Dane rolled his eyes at this, chewing angrily at his crisps. Was he really being that obvious? Then again, he was about as subtle at hiding his emotions as a sore thumb was at staying hidden. He didn't take his eyes off the TV, and smiled cruelly as a small group of shirtless men in surf boards strolled across a beach on the screen, laughing and joking to each other as they discussed their sexual relationships.
Okay, so maybe he was overreacting, but it had been a while since he'd got this angry ((Yeah, Dane. A whole day. Wow. -_-)) and he couldn't seem to stop himself.
"You got a problem, mate? 'Cause if you do, just come out with it already. I don't play these f*cking 'guess what's pissing me off' games. If I wanted to put up with that sh*t, I'd date chicks.
You're pissed because I was hanging out with my ex, even though she's the mother of my child, and one of my oldest friends?
"
It's not just that, Dane thouht miserably, finishing off the rest of his crisps. It's how she was with you. How you hid from her that we were going out. How she knows you better than I do. How well you look together...
"It's nothing." Dane lied, scrunching the bag up in his palm. He watched the TV screen for a few minutes longer, watching the group of guys as they leap into the sea, a white spray covering their bare chests. Dane was tempted to comment on how good looking they all were in the heat of his bad mood, but he couldn't bring himself to.
"Alright." He dropped his head back on the sofa, not making any attempt to shuffle any closer to Sloan. "It's just that-... We're guys." He gestured to himself, as if trying to make his point more obvious. "She's a woman - a pretty one at that. She knows you moe than I do and- And, well, when you're together it looks so natural." He was looking down at his hands through his speech, because he knew if he saw Sloan's face he'd just crumble int silence and wouldn't speak again.
"I mean, whichever way you look at us," he gestured to the space between them, "what we have, because we're guys, is weird. Whichever way you look at it, compared to you and her, is weird. I'm not saying it isn't real," He raised his hands in defeat. "Believe me, it's as real as it could be for me. But when you're with her..."
He began nervously messing with his hands, picking at his nails nervously.
"It's instinct, isn't it?" Finally, he looked up at Sloan. "For you, I mean. To fall in love with a woman. I'm nothing in comparison to instinct." He slumped his shoulders mierably, pulling his legs up to his chest.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:54 pm

((Going to bedibies. Nanight! Smile ))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:04 am

When Dane tried to brush him off, Sloan raised his eyebrows in surprise, clearly affronted. He was about to say something he'd probably regret - but thankfully, Dane relented, and finally admitted to what was bothering him.
"It's just that-... We're guys. She's a woman - a pretty one at that. She knows you moe than I do and- And, well, when you're together it looks so natural."
"Uh, Dane-" Sloan tried to interrupt, sounding utterly incredulous, but Dane just carried on speaking.
"I mean, whichever way you look at us, what we have, because we're guys, is weird. Whichever way you look at it, compared to you and her, is weird. I'm not saying it isn't real," He raised his hands in defeat. "Believe me, it's as real as it could be for me. But when you're with her..."
"Dane-" Sloan interjected firmly, frowning in frustration now, but still - Dane spoke over him.
"It's instinct, isn't it? For you, I mean. To fall in love with a woman. I'm nothing in comparison to instinct."
"Goddamnit, Dane!" Sloan snapped angrily, getting his point across at last, "I shouldn't have to explain this to you again..." He slapped a palm to his forehead, then chuckled and shook his head in amusement. "I'm gay, mate. Not straight, not bi, gay. That's not gonna change. It's my f*cking 'instinct' to fall in love with a man. Hell, you're exhibit A." He gestured toward Dane, and smiled slightly, his expression softening at last.
"Now before I say any more, I should probably tell you - Cheryl did want me back, but - don't freak out - I said no. I told her that I'm in a relationship, even that I'm gay, but she didn't really believe it..." Sloan trailed off, frowning thoughtfully, "People don't seem to." He shrugged, then went on, "Trust me, if I'd known that was what she was planning, I wouldn't have agreed to go out with her in the first place - but I figured it was just as friends, and since I had to get the Jeep anyway, it seemed the logical thing to do..." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly - hoping Dane wasn't going to get even more pissed after hearing all this. It wasn't like he'd done anything...
"But look here, mate," He reasoned, turning to face Dane, and watching him seriously, "I love you. Y'know in all the years we were together, I never said that to Cheryl? You've been to hell and back with me - you know everything about me. I never talked about my... 'Issues' with her." He shook his head. "We were good friends back in college, and to me she was never anything more. But we were young and stupid, and once Nick came into the picture, we kinda had no choice but to get into a relationship. Eventually Cheryl got sick of being the only one in love, and decided to break it off. That was the day we first met, remember?" He grasped Dane's chin between thumb and forefinger, and looked deep into his boyfriend's eyes - refusing to let Dane avoid him.
"I've never looked back, Dane. Since we've been together, I've been the happiest I've ever felt in my life. You've fixed me in more ways than I even thought possible... I can honestly say that-" He broke off suddenly, shifting away an inch. He was reluctant to say what was on his mind. He had been thinking it for longer than he cared to admit, but he feared that in saying it out loud, he might chase Dane away... Oh, screw it. Now was as good a time as any.
"I can honestly say," Sloan repeated, calmer and more confident this time, "That I can see myself spending the rest of my life with you. That's how much you mean to me, man, and I mean it. I'm so f*cking happy to be with you, it actually scares me." His eyes were locked intensely on Dane's, and filled with the passion of a speech that seemed to have popped up at the most random of times. In fact, it took him a moment to remember what they were talking about in the first place...
Ah, right.
"Now, if you understand," He said with a weak chuckle, "Would you stop being so insecure? You know that's my job." He leaned forward, and pecked Dane fondly on the lips.
"You sell yourself short, mate. You're the only one for me, okay? Try remember that."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:13 am

Dane's voice stumbled shyly into silence when Sloan started talking, and he slumped his shoulders to listen to his scolding. Sloan was chuckling, but Dane wasn't amused. He was worried. Scared, even, because it felt like he was losing Sloan to nature, and there was nothing he could do about it.
"I'm gay, mate. Not straight, not bi, gay. That's not gonna change. It's my f*cking 'instinct' to fall in love with a man. Hell, you're exhibit A."
He blushed slightly, remembering all the times Sloan had told him he loved him, all the times they'd spent laughing and joking wuth each other. Despite his insecurities, he couldn't help but think that what Sloan was telling him was true. Still... He wouldn't forget how Sloan and Cheryl looked together back at the cinema, and how friendly Cheryl had acted towards Sloan, and practically ignored Dane completely.
"Now before I say any more, I should probably tell you - Cheryl did want me back, but - don't freak out - I said no. I told her that I'm in a relationship, even that I'm gay, but she didn't really believe it... People don't seem to."
Dane smiled slightly, and rested his head on Sloan's shoulder, feeling faintly relieved. It didn't surprise him Cheryl had met up because she wanted to go out with Sloan again, because it had been obviuous by the way she'd talked to him and arranged the meeting in the first place that she'd been planning something.
"But look here, mate, I love you. Y'know in all the years we were together, I never said that to Cheryl? You've been to hell and back with me - you know everything about me. I never talked about my... 'Issues' with her" Dane frowned at this. Didn't he? He'd presumed, by the way the two got on, that Cheryl already knew what there was to know about Sloan, and if they'd known each other for so long...
Obviously not.
He wasn't surprised when Sloan said Nick had been an accident, since he now knew Sloan tended to do stupid things when he got drunk or misled, so it wasn't anything new. Perhaps it was because of his insecurities that Dane had taken his thoughts a bit too far.
He felt Sloan's fingers cup under his chin and he didn't fight it, but he looked up into those beautiful blue eyes with a loving gaze. Of course he remembered the first day they met. When he'd been trying to lunge the stupid Anglo Arab and Sloan had quite openly told him his opinion on the horse and that it probably wouldn't jump all that well.
I've never looked back, Dane. Since we've been together, I've been the happiest I've ever felt in my life. You've fixed me in more ways than I even thought possible... I can honestly say that-” Dane frowned as the man shifted away uncertainly, wondering what was on his mind. Honestly, his words made Dane feel uncomfortably happy finding out how important he had become in the man's life, all by doing nothing but being himself. It was a little overwhelming, actually.
I can honestly say... That I can see myself spending the rest of my life with you. That's how much you mean to me, man, and I mean it. I'm so f*cking happy to be with you, it actually scares me.
Dane's eyes widened. “It scares me, too.” He mumbled with a slight smile, blushing. Was it true? Could Sloan see them spending the rest of their lives together, and so young too? Well, really Dane hadn't been able to imagine himself with anyone else, either. Male or female. But Sloan, who'd had plenty of girlfriends before, could only see himself with Dane in the future?
He accepted the kiss as it came to him, and allowed his eyes to droop slightly as it caused his heart to flutter.
You sell yourself short, mate. You're the only one for me, okay? Try remember that.
“I'm sorry.” Dane apologised, although he wasn't sure what he was apologising for. He shifted Closer to the man and curled up in a ball, resting his head on Sloan's firm chest. “I've just... Well, you know what I'm like when I'm left to my own devices. My mind goes on quite a wander...” He grinned. “Hell, I'm turning into you!”
He chuckled in amusement, then stretched his head up and kissed Sloan's sleek jawline slowly. “I was jumping to conclusions, so again, I'm sorry.” A smile stretched on his lips.
“But hey, I have the morning off tomorrow again, so... Sleep in!” He grinned again and prodded Sloan's cheek playfully. “And, depending on how hyper I am either tonight or tomorrow, you might even get your wish from the other day. About... You know...” He picked at his shirt, as if to demonstrate. “Wearing my birth suit.”
With a suggestive wink, he picked up his crisp packet and stood, wandering over to the kitchen and tossing it in the bin. The crumpled piece of paper from earlier was still on the coffee table.
“How've you been today?” He called in from the kitchen as he turned on the kettle. “Is your side any better?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 am

Sloan waved aside Dane’s apology, rolling his eyes in fond amusement. “You’re still not as bad as me.” He consoled his boyfriend, ruffling his hair playfully, and flashing a bright grin. He was glad that Dane wasn’t making a big issue out of this. He had been worried at first that it would turn into a fight…
He bowed his head slightly to accept Dane’s kiss, and tilted his lips toward his boyfriend – but then Dane went on talking, and he was left to sulk slightly as he half-listened – eyes trained on Dane’s lips.
” I have the morning off tomorrow again, so... Sleep in!” Dane grinned enthusiastically, and poked Sloan’s cheek, which made him grin too, despite himself.
“And, depending on how hyper I am either tonight or tomorrow, you might even get your wish from the other day. About... You know... Wearing my birth suit.”
Sloan’s eyebrows shot up, and his eyes darted automatically downwards as Dane flashed him a quick view of those chiseled abs he just couldn’t quite get enough of.
He wasn’t quite sure what he could have done right to put this idea in Dane’s head – but he certainly didn’t intend to screw it up now if he could help it.
Grinning to himself with ill disguised excitement, Sloan stood and followed Dane to the kitchen like a bored puppy. If he’d had a tail, he would have wagged it.
“How've you been today?” Dane called suddenly, causing Sloan to wince at the volume of his voice. “Is your side any better?”
“Dude, I’m standing right here.” Sloan pointed out, slipping his arms around Dane’s neck from behind, and leaning heavily on his shoulder.
“I’m fine.” He added in answer to Dane’s question, giving him a brief peck on the cheek. “It’s been a little sore, but I haven’t had to take any painkillers yet. It only really bothers me if I try use my stomach muscles.” He patted his belly to demonstrate, then frowned, and added to himself as an afterthought, “I kinda miss that six pack thing I had going…”

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:02 am

Dane jumped as he felt arms slip around his neck and drag him downwards, and he felt his knees buckle, partially from the weight, and partially from something else. He grinned and clutched Sloan's strong arms to keep himself from choking, and hesitantly reached upward to get himself a mug.
"Sorry." He grinned, clearly not sorry. "You sneak around like a flippin' serial killer, you do." He turned his head just slightly and pecked Sloan on the cheek.
"It’s been a little sore, but I haven’t had to take any painkillers yet. It only really bothers me if I try use my stomach muscles."
"Then have some pain killers." Dane ordered, poking the man's face again. "I don't want you in pain if or when you decide to play tag with your lips, y'hear?"
"I kinda miss that six pack thing I had going…."
Dane prepared himself a cup of tea and pulled out a packet of chocolate digestives to share, then turned round and leaned on the counter to look at his boyfriend. "No worries." He shrugged. "Just think, it'll make a pretty awesome battle scar. And you're fit enough as it is."
He raised an eyebrow flirtatiously, biting his lip, then added, "And I don't just mean 'healthy'. Seriously, if you get any more good looking you'll actually rob me of oxygen the next time you decide to go into 'scary horny' mode. You stole enough away as it is."
He picked up the packet of biscuits then offered them to Sloan. "Anyway, it's not like I'm going to have a six pack much longer if I decide to man'struate and comfort eat like a girl on her monthly."
He grinned and took a sip of tea coolly.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next