Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abbadabbadoodledoodledoo and The Polo.

2 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Abbadabbadoodledoodledoo and The Polo.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Abbadabbadoodledoodledoo and The Polo.

Post  Abba is back in school Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:30 am

Demi went back the empty dorms after seeing he had left and changing clothes. She told the principal he had checked himself out before she had returned from breakfast. He nodded reluctantly and sent her to her dorm. She curled up on her bed, her own guitar in hand as she began to mimick the song she had heard him singing the day before. Her fingers found the chords relatively easily and soon she allowed her voice to float ontop of it in a nice tone, feeling herself relax, Mika no where near her for the moment.

((Night))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

http://kaydeniro.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Abbadabbadoodledoodledoo and The Polo.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Abbadabbadoodledoodledoo and The Polo.

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:52 am

Later that day - feeling fully rested and rejuvinated - Leon walked down the corridor toward the cafeteria, keen to get himself some lunch. Not that the food at the school was a whole lot better than that in the cafeteria...
He yawned, plodding onwards toward his destination. But on the way, a burst of familiar music caught his attention - music he ought not to be hearing...
His song - and not one the public was aware of, either. That meant there was only one person it could be.
Frowning, Leon made his way over to the room he could hear the music issuing from. The door was open, so he leaned casually against the frame, and watched Dementia for a moment.
"You're not bad." He told her when she had finished - pushing himself away from the door and stepping into the room. "But you got a couple of the chords wrong - here..." He walked over to her side, and repositioned her fingers on the strings - pointing out where she'd gone wrong.
"Of course, it's a work in progress... So I guess you were not so much 'wrong' as 'different'..." He shrugged, chuckling mildly to himself.
He had a feeling that he was forgetting something, but at first he couldn't think of what it might be. Then, in a flash, it came to him: He was forgetting to be a jerk...
And in his urgency to make amendments, he froze. Nothing mean jumped to mind... Not one insulting comment or snide remark. He just had nothing bad to say...
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Demi looked up at him quietly, prepared for a slew of insults to reach her brain as she sat there. But, instead she received, "You're not bad." he said before stepping fully into her room, "But you got a couple of the chords wrong - here..." Then, he moved her fingers delicately along the neck of the guitar so that they were placed on different strings. Though, it stretched her fingers a bit more than she was content with. She strummed it a few more times before shaking her head, not liking the big jump needed for her small hands, "Of course, it's a work in progress... So I guess you were not so much 'wrong' as 'different'..." he told her and she nodded her head, "It's easier to play my way." she said with a slight smile, and returned to it, before picking up where he had left off in his work. Those, these terms were a bit more with her life than anyone's she knew.

It took a lot to take you home
One stupid call and I end up alone
You're made up, dressed up, messed up
Plans I set in stone

But you made me do when I don't like
Dancing in the alley with the street rat nightlife
Can't keep living with a feeling that I'm giving up everything for you

Oh, oh, oh, how was I supposed to know
That you were oh, oh, over me
I think that I should go (GO!)
Something's telling me to leave but I wont
'Cause I'm damned if I do ya, damned if I don't

Then, she stopped, realizing she might possibly be crossing some lines in his 'artistic space' and she immediately put the guitar down and stood up, putting her defenses back up. "Sorry, I didn't realize that an asshole had the capabilities of being nice." she said, pushing a few strands of her hair out of her face, slipping her feet back into her black heels so that she could go down for lunch. She felt a chill running down her spine as Mika pulled back into her mind. Damned if you do me, damned if you don't is so true darling. Just like you're damned for every breath you take. And with that statement twirling around in her mind she fought the urge to close her eyes and shake it away, instead allowed the fire and shield to keep up in her eyes as she watched Leon.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:16 pm

At Dementia's comment, Leon quickly sought about for something that could help him regain his asshole status. And suddenly, there it was.
"Hey, who said anything about being nice?" He scoffed, "All I said is that you weren't bad - and anybody sounds good singing a decent song." He snorted in amusement, then shook his head and turned his back on the girl - resuming his journey to the cafeteria.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Demi rolled her eyes. "Of course. There are quite a few people would be very capable of butchering even a good song." she said with a growl and then followed him out towards the cafeteria as she needed food. But, before she left she locked the door to her room and then made sure it was good and that no one could get into it. "I'm am quite disappointed that the asshole can't even be slightly nice." she said with a smirk, cocking an eyebrow, her actually genuine smile completely replaced by this point in time.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Leon yawned pointedly, shrugging off Dementia's comment. "What can I say? If I do something, I do it well - that includes being an asshole." He snorted in amusement, shaking his head and shoving open the doors to the cafeteria.
Under his breath, he quietly hummed the song he had been working on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Demi rolled her eyes, not even going to respond to his comment before slipping in front of him in line. She got her food, and then, on the way out of the line the only other student still on campus, tripped her. She fell forwards, food flying into her face and onto Leon at the same time. Coughing, she winced, having twisted her leg a bit strangely in the process of trying to catch herself. Her clothes were ruined as the boy walked away laughing. Growling, she pushed herself to her feet, a bit unsteadily as her leg complained at first and threw away the food, already knowing the cafeteria wouldn't give her new food without her paying, and she didn't have the money for it. Oh. Darling. But, you look good with food on you. Maybe Leon can lick it off your face. And you can lick it off of his. Mika suggested, and Demi could picture him waggling an eyebrow at her. With a disgusted snarl she slid out of the cafeteria and towards her room where she changed clothes, fighting back the idea of crying as she moved her leg again to slip into a new pair of jeans. Her door was mostly shut, open just a crack to let the air in because the fan needed to be fixed, and it would be a week before that happened. Her back was turned to the door as she searched for a new top, finally pulling it on, though it was oversized and then she yanked it back so that it was tight against her skin, a bump at the back where she turned the tail under. She washed off the food and didn't even apply her make-up in her annoyance before grasping the guitar. "Don't punch the boy. Don't punch the boy..." she whispered to herself under her breath and began to strum out the chords again, not looking towards the door as she shook her head and decided a different song.

Take off your makeup, put down the camera,
choke on the drama that makes me want to,
tear up the pictures and pages you've saved,
creating a life of trends and make believe...

She gets what she wants and she breaks what she gets,
get out while you can or she'll tear you to pieces
"Are you having a good time sweetheart?"

Take off your makeup, put down the camera,
choke on the drama that makes me want to,
tear up the pictures and pages you've saved,
creating a life of trends and make believe...

Her voice broke as she held back the tears, closing her eyes as her fingers continued to strum the chords to the rest of the song, but she couldn't continue singing.

((Lyrics the girls a straight up Hustler - All Time Low))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:01 pm

When Leon saw Dementia fall, he felt a flash of sympathy - but instead of acting on it, he merely stepped coldly backwards to avoid the flying food. Well, most of it, anyway. The small amount that did stick to him, he flicked off in annoyance, like a finicky cat. By the time he was done, Dementia was gone...
He felt a dull tug of guilty sympathy, and quickly cast a nervous glance around the cafeteria. Nobody else was here... It couldn't hurt, just this once, to have a heart...
So he hurried back to the line, and quickly bought a sandwich and a chocolate for Dementia. No doubt she'd still be hungry, and he doubted she intended to come back to the cafeteria.
Feeling rather stupid, he walked back toward her dorm - and heard her tearful voice beautifully forming a song.
Once she had stopped singing, he rapped tentatively on the door, then stepped inside.
"I figured you'd be hungry." He said stiffly, tossing the chocolate bar at her, and setting the sandwich down on her bedside table.
He hovered there a moment, then shrugged and turned to leave - keeping a stiff back in the hope that a mean stance would somehow make his kind gesture seem cruel.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:18 pm

Demi opened her eyes, shaking the remanents of tears from them. "I figured you'd be hungry." a voice said, registering in her ears as not Mika. When she looked up she saw Leon there and just managed to catch the chocolate before it dropped to the ground. Placing her guitar beside her on the bed she glanced upwards and followed him as he moved along the floor and placed the sandwich on her table. He shrugged, and then turned, stiffly heading out of the room. "Leon..." she said, standing up and placing the chocolate next to the sandwich. "Thanks..." she murmured, trying to keep her voice from breaking, "And I really do mean it - heartless b**** act aside" she said, not going to stop him from leaving as she sat back down on the bed and opened up the plastic wrap, carefully placing it back down and getting a water from the mini-fridge the school provided.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:29 pm

"You can thank me by pretending this never happened." Leon said simply - and with that, he left the room.
When he entered his own dorm, he could hear his cellphone ringing, and rushed to pick it up.
"Britney?" He asked hopefully the second he answered - slightly breathless desperate desire.
"No, it's not Britney." The voice on the other end answered irritably. Hearing the voice of his agent, Mike Stout, Leon's shoulders slumped in defeat. "Oh. Hi, Mike." He said glumly.
"Kid, you've been moping for long enough now. You've got to-"
"No, Mike." Leon cut him off, "I'm not singing again, and that's that. I told you already - I quit."
With that, he hung up - since he could already hear Mike beginning an argument he had heard a thousand times.
He sighed, flopping back on his bed and staring up at the ceiling.
Britney, where in the world are you...?

Glaring grumpily at the plain white ceiling, Leon began singing quietly under his breath.

"I'm damned if I do ya, damned if I don't..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Demi sighed and began to eat her sandwich. She could thank him by pretending it had never happened? Well, if it was what he wanted in thanks then she would. With a tiny sigh she continued eating her sandwich. Once she was finished she nibbled a little on the chocolate bar before grasping her guitar again and strumming at it quietly, just playing random chords for a few moments, and then starting the song she had been playing before he had entered with the food. She closed her eyes, playing it slower than before and concentrating on the words. Should have gone after him, scared him with a hug or something. Mika said in her head as she rolled her eyes. "I have no reason to listen to you..." she said in one of the instrumentals and started back up again, her voice not breaking as it had before, thought it was still filled with emotion. Curled up emotion that she had never released before.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:31 am

Leon searched around for his guitar for a while, then he remembered that Dementia had smashed it, and he didn't have a spare with him at school. Sighing irritably, he flicked his CD player on, flicking through the tracks until he found his desired song.
It was the last one he had written, and perhaps his best. It was certainly his favourite, and his most famous. In fact, it was this song that had got him inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame. Or at least, it would have - had he not thrown away the award at the last minute.

The CD player crackled for a moment, then he heard his own voice begin shouting harshly from it. He smiled slightly - a dull, cracked smile. It had hurt him badly to sing this song, but the emotional release that came with it had been perfect. It had allowed him to express himself perfectly.

I’m a mess
That's the best way to describe it
Having no time to myself is the only way I can fight it
When I'm alone it's like I'm staring into a mirror
Don't know the person inside it and that's never been any clearer

I miss your family and I miss all our friends
If you had it to do over would you do it over again,
Cause I would, this meant something more to me
There's a hole in my heart where you used to be

I still wish you the best of luck, baby
And don't go thinking this was a waste of time
I couldn't forget you if I tried

You killed what was left of the good in me
I'm tired so let me be broken
Look down at the mess that's in front of me
No other words need be spoken
And I've got nobody else to blame though I tried
Kept all of our past mistakes held inside
I’ll live with regret for my whole life

I confess that I brought this all on myself
Condemned to suffer alone, like there's nobody else
When you're gone, it's like a whole part of me’s missing
So I'll keep living the lie and just hope that you're listening

I tried to make us a life here
But our foundation was built on sand
No time to run until the damage was done
And I’ve never had the upper hand

I still wish you the best of luck, baby
And don't go thinking this was a waste of time
I couldn't forget you if I tried

All the things you love are all the things I hate
How did we get here in the first place?

I play it cool but it's hard to be (All my trust)
Is slowly burning inside of me (Over what)
There can't be anymore progress, I know our fate
The only thing that can heal this is time and space

For my whole life

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:29 am

Demi continued singing until the sound of a really loud CD blared through her door. Moving quietly she placed down her guitar and went back out in the hallway. Knocking on his door she opened it and her lips snarled up. "Mind turning this screaming crap off, asshole?" she asked, leaning against the door frame.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:44 am

Leon turned his head and fixed Dementia with an icy glare. For a while, he just stared. Then, just when it seemed he wouldn't react at all, He spoke two snappish words.
"Bite me."
With that, he returned his gaze to the ceiling, bobbing his foot slightly and humming along in time to the music.

"You killed what was left of the good in me..."

He gnawed on his lip slightly as he thought back over the last few months. Britney... He missed her so much - but she seemed to have vanished off the face of the earth...

"I'm tired, so let me be broke..."

How had things got this bad? When had everything started getting so out of hand?

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Demi laughed, "oh. I would except you probably taste like trash," she said, a snarl on her face. She moved into the room and turned the music down before taking his remote control and stalking out of the room again. She was exhausted and his blaring music was pissing her off more than she needed. Oh shush. You would bite him anyways Mika growled in her head You would do anything to get what you want
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:38 pm

"What's eating you?" Leon asked vaguely as he heard Dementia stepping out of the door. He didn't move his gaze from the spot on his ceiling that he was staring at, and his voice could barely be heard over the music, even now that it was quieter. He didn't really seem to care whether or not Dementia heard him, though. Probably because he knew he shouldn't be making conversation... He was supposed to be on a quest for universal hatred - so why did he have to keep showing these random moments of... Well, not quite kindness...
Decency. That was it. He seemed 'decent'... Unfortunately, 'decent' wasn't quite bad enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Demi paused, stopping her exit and spinning around to look at him. "Whats eating me, you ask?" she said blandly in return. I am eating you... Yes. I am. And that was the goal... Mika purred at her. Closing her eyes for a few seconds she sighed and leant against the doorframe again. "The fact that no one at this school has spoken to me other than you and that principal. The fact that I am just making it by. The fact that my parents have cut me off because the worst thing Ive done was staying out and clubbing all night even though I didnt get high or anything. I have nothing. But what would you care to understand. Assholes are created when they have almost everything the world can offer. Then, they get bored of it. Try fighting for clothes and food because you can just scratch up the change." she said before shutting his music off completely and quickly returning to her dorm room. oh. And you forgot the murdering part. That is a very bad thing mon cher
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Leon stared blankly at Dementia as she snapped a rather long-winded answer at him.
What, was she trying to guilt trip him? Was he supposed to feel sorry for her? It was easier just not to care.
I have my problems too, you know. He thought silently, staring bitterly after Dementia as she turned away.
But then he realised how selfish the voice in his head sounded - and with a wince, he called her back.
"Dementia?"
Was she even still within hearing range? Screw it, he didn't care.
"If you're really that low on cash, I can hook you up. You're a decent singer, and my old agent has looking around for some new talent. Hey, you can even take that new song as your own - it's not like I'm ever going to use it." He shrugged vaguely - feeling rather stupid for talking to his ceiling, but at the same time, not really caring much.

((Tis my birthday in 54 minutes. Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Dementia paused, just making out his voice and turning around to look at him. She felt her scowl lessen slightly as she watched him lying back on the bed staring blankly up at the ceiling. "And you receive what from this?" she asked, a bit hesitant to accept it after how he had been acting towards her before. "What strings are attatched?" she said, her voice much softer now.

((Happy birthdayyyy. Sorry for such small responses. Im stuck on my phone))
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:19 pm

"Hey, it's like you said..." Leon muttered with an unamused chuckle, finally tearing his gaze away from the ceiling to glance toward Dementia. "We assholes already have everything we could ever want." He shrugged vaguely, then chuckled again and glanced away. "I'll make a call. Just never mention this to a soul, leave me the Hell alone, and we'll call it even."
Without waiting for a response, Leon lifted his cellphone from his bedside table - flipping it open and dialling Mike's number.

((No worries. Smile I must go to bed soon. I'm still sick, and I have to compete 3 horses tomorrow.))

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:25 pm

((Awww -hugs-))

Demi looked at him cautiously as he dialed. "Yea. We'll see..." she said a tiny smirk on her face. So, looks like she might be recognized, though she wasnt all too sure how much she really wanted it. Fame didnt seem all that great, but she needed the money. And singing kept Mika out of her mind.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Leon grunted and flashed Dementia a warning glance. If she spread the word about this, he would have to work double as hard at being a complete and utter jerk.
On the third ring, Mike picked up, sounding hopeful. "Have you changed your mind?" He asked eagerly, not even giving Leon time to speak.
"No. But I think I can help you out... There's a chick at this Hellhole of a school who can sing. She's actually pretty good... Name's Dementia-" He glanced toward her, then shrugged and continued, "Well, I don't know her surname, but she's here - I'll put her on."
At Mike's go-ahead, he handed the phone to Dementia, offering a slight smile and mouthing, 'Good luck'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Demi gave him a confused glare and took the phone. "Ello..." she said. Her fingers grasped the phone lightly and she leaned back against Leon's dorm wall. She listened as he spoke and gave him her name and such before she got told he was coming out tomorrow. Nodding her head she agreed, and then gave Leon back on the phone, waiting for them to finish talking.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:53 pm

Leon finished talking to Mike, then hung up the phone and set it back on his bedside table. He sighed heavily - suddenly tired - and sat back down on his bed.
"You can leave now." He informed Dementia bluntly, massaging his temples in an attempt to dimish the sudden throbbing that had erupted in his head. "Mike's gonna come out tomorrow to see what you can do."

Back to top Go down

Post  Abba is back in school Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Demi nodded her head. "No help? I see that asshole Leon has returned," she mused, holding back the snarl before turning and heading to her room where she grasped the guitar and began to fiddle around with Leons unfinished song.
Abba is back in school
Abba is back in school

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next