Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment Empty BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:44 pm

*Puts on white lab coat*

Felix Barclay
Appearance
Personality: Cat-like

We know the plot.

Let the CATastrophe commence... XD
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment Empty Re: BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment

Post  Batcat Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Shaelynn Aryanna Grace
Shae
Fox-like

Kelli Rae Solaris
Kelli
Curious, wants to know everything, trusting, peppy, smart

Shae narrowed her eyes as she scrutinized the long hallway. Teens of various sizes were all standing by their lockers, talking, gathering books, or watching others like she was. She met a boy's eye - Felix - and looked away. This boy was inquisitive and curious - which made him dangerous. If anyone found out... She shuddered thinking about it.
With great care and caution, she placed her feet down delicately and walked down the narrow corridor. It was impossible not to run into anyone, which was terrible. She hated any kind of contact with anyone, and it made her cringe every time she brushed up against a person. She sighed and one of her pointed ears flicked back in annoyance. She jerked upright, cursing at herself for making such a stupid move. Thankfully no one had noticed. Angrily, she continued on her way to biology - her least favorite class.

[[So sorry for the delay D:]]
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment Empty Re: BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:34 am

Felix's eyes locked on the retreating back of a girl with an intense stare, the stillness of which simply could not be achieved by anything less feline than he. His pupils elongated briefly to slits as the girl walked further - barely in range of his human sight, now.
But with the clear gaze of a cat, he caught sight of a flicking motion atop her head - something twitched from between glossy locks of her hair.
His curiosity instantly piqued, Felix gave chase. It was the hunter's instinct in him that drove him to follow. All that moved, had to be stilled.
He stalked forward, prowling after his quarry, and began gaining on her undetectably.
Biology was not one of his subjects, but he wound up in the classroom without noticing, moving with such stealth that nobody saw him enter.
By the time the girl - who Felix now recognised as Shaelynn, a student in his year - reached her seat, Felix was already sitting at the desk behind her. Back straight, and limbs locked into a deadly-still hunter's readiness.
Beneath the dark hood obscuring his head, his cat-like ears were locked forward. Listening, watching, he waited for a movement... An opportunity to pounce.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am

The whole time that the other boy was following her, she was aware of the situation. How close he was, his stance, and his eyes. Where his eyes were. That was usually where his attention was, and his gaze wasboring into her back. Even when she entered the classroom. She sat down at her desk with practiced human clumsiness. It was hard for her not to sit in the back corner where she could watch everything, but that would raise some level of suspicion. Right?
She sighed and turned around slowly to face the hooded figure. "I don't think this is your class." She said with a tight-lipped smile. Rarely did she ever show her teeth in public. Her canines were too pointed to be completely human. But she needed to know what this boy's deal was.
"Of course you can stay here if you like, but I don't think the instructor would be too happy about that." With a frown and a cold gaze, she swiveled back to face the teacher, who was still shuffling through papers on his desk.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:16 am

"I transferred to this class." Felix replied casually, folding his arms behind his head and rocking back on his chair. He turned his head and stared into the distance - suddenly disinterested and aloof now that he had the girl's attention.
"I decided biology was more for me than physics. Didn't like all the numbers..." He trailed off, then his mouth opened wide and his tongue curled back in a distinctly cat-like yawn - his own pointed canines almost exposed for a moment.
He seemed terribly blaze' about his 'situation' - considering the ramifications of being found out. Then again, that was in his nature... The cat would always taunt the chained Rottweiler - never bothering to think of what might take place if the chain was ever to snap...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:30 am

Shae shrugged when she heard the boy's explanation but remained facing forward. She didn't want to seem too interested. No. As a predator, she would seem focused on something else then spring when she had it distracted...
Her lips curled faintly into a small sadistic smile. That sounded wonderful.
After a moment, the teacher stood and faced the class, scanning to take attendance. He frowned when he saw Felix and glanced down at his sheet. "Felix, I don't think you're in my class this period." Everyone turned around to look at him.

Everyone but Kelli. She stayed looking at the front of the room, but couldn't help glancing at the boy from the corner of her eye. He reminded her of her cat, Rocky. She chuckled at the thought of the ill-tempered animal who thought he was the terrifying beast that ruled the world. Sighing, she began going through her purse and snapping her gum loudly, pretending to be some dumb, cheerleader. It was a way she leanred things. People paid her no attention and said stuff around her. It was how she figured out secrets...
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:06 am

"I transferred yesterday, sir." Felix replied with a lazy smile, seeming thoroughly unconcerned. He was lying comfortably back on his chair - not a care in the world. When wanted to be calm, it was almost impossible to fluster him.
"Did nobody tell you?" Felix went on with a convincingly innocent frown. "I did tell miss Baines to let you know... Tut tut, she is getting forgetful in her old age, isn't she?"
Several chuckles broke out throughout the class at these words, and Felix's smug smile spread wider. Miss Baines was the 70 year old biology teacher, and her mind certainly wasn't what it used to be. Just the previous day she had walked into class and hung her coat on Benjamin, the class skeleton, rather than the coat rack on the other side of the door.
It was common knowledge that Miss Baines forgot to pass things on - so Felix's excuse was followed by the distinctive shuffling of curious students losing interest.
Some remained staring at him - a few questioning, others welcome, and others hostile.
Felix, of course, ignored them all - examining his fingernails in a nonchalant fashion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:07 am

Mr. Sanders watched the unconcerned student with a wary eye. Felix was notorious for making up stories on the spot to get him out of trouble - and he feared this was no exception. Nevertheless, he was wasting valuable teaching time, and they were taking a test today.
"Very well." He replied wearily. "I will confirm this with the secretary tomorrow afternoon. Until then, I want you to take this test with the rest of the class."
A groan rose from the pupils, most of them not having had studied at all.
Shae sighed but pulled out a pen, writing her name neatly at the top of the paper neatly. As instinct, she glanced around the room without moving her head, green eyes sweeping over the class of mostly distressed students. Strange that Kelli wasn't. She was dumb. But still, the blonde's pencil was racing over the paper, answering questions way too fast. Shae's eyes narrowed in jealousy, and she immediatly turned back to her paper, to work, completely forgetting the boy behind her.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:13 am

((BATTLEAXE!!! Greatest nickname ever, right? Wink I totally missed you! Very Happy Where've you been? ^_^ ))

Felix nodded - making a mental note to transfer to biology as soon as possible. It would not do to be caught lying after he had got this far...
When his test was handed to him, Felix considered it thoughtfully. He did not know biology, but he was a rather intelligent boy, and he found that he actually knew most of the answers.
So he answered a few, just enough to pass, just to show that he could - doing only the bare minimum, as usual. Once he was confident he had secured his 40%, he promptly stopped answering questions, and sketched a drawing of a cat on his page instead. Felix had a strange affinity with cats... They were some of the few things in life he seemed to like.

Once he was done drawing, he resumed watching Shae - his eyes bright and alert, the eyes of a predator. He was on a hunt... For answers, for information - and he would not let his prey escape.
Whoever heard of 'curiosity killed the cat'...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:12 am

[[High school -.- Unfortunately it is busy. Too busy, in fact. I've got to wake up at 4:30 to get to band and then I have school and swimming after school for 2 hours then by the time I get home it's like 6:30 Sad And you're asleep. And I have homework. *cries*]]
As Shae finished writing the answers on her test, she began feeling the boy's eyes boring into her back. It began to make her just a bit uncomfortably, since she couldn't return the favor. Besides, what could he be staring at?! Her shirt wasn't see-through, right... She swallowed, knowing she would never do that - even if she didn't have a serious case of back hair. It was light red, though, so it wasn't very obvious. Besides, it wasn't even human. It was soft and fur-like, not coarse and scruffy. She sighed, and shifted in her seat so she could watch him from the corner of her eye. He was different. It was almost like he was following animal instincts, too...
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:19 am

((*Offers hug* Sad I understand. Highschool sucks - I have two projects to complete for tomorrow.
Guess who isn't going to school tomorrow? XD
But yeah, I know what you're going through. And the sad thing is, every year gets harder - but you get used to it. Smile I often find that the more things you take on, the more you get done. Smile Chin up, Battleaxe! XD ))

Felix noticed the girl turn to watch him out of the corner of her eye, and he instantly lost interest. With a wide, cat-like yawn that flashed his elongated canines and caused his tongue to curl back in his mouth - he slumped in his chair, and closed his eyes - taking a quick cat-nap.
The teacher came around to collect the test papers, and Felix did not even twitch when his was whipped away - he simply slouched in his seat, perfectly relaxed, enjoying the warm rays of sunlight filtering through the window.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:43 pm

[[Polo-pumpkin, you're wonderful (:]]

Shae sighed at the boy's lack of interest, but turned away again, waiting for his eyes to return again. If he was part animal - but why would he be? - then he would probably continue watching her. She squirmed uncomfortably and raised her hand.
"Mr. Sanders? May I please use the bathroom?"
"Sure," he replied. "Sign out, though."
Shae nodded and stood up, walking quietly to the door and grabbing the pass. She scribbled her name on the sheet of paper and glanced at Felix quickly, eyes narrowing in suspicion. She then left the room in an almost beckoning fashion. She wanted to figure out what was up with this kid, and why he was acting so weird.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:54 am

((Aren't I just? XD Hehe!
Thank you, Battleaxe. :3 *Glomps* ))

Felix let his eyes crack open a slit when he heard Shae's voice. Then his elongated pupils tracked her progress as she walked toward the door. She flashed him a glance, and Felix sensed that she expected him to follow. Naturally, since she was now interested in him - his own interest had dwindled. But as it were, he was a hunter, and he would not let his quarry escape so easily.
So, with a yawn, Felix decided to follow her.
"Sir..." He croaked, fixing a sickly expression on his face, and simulating a fever - letting sweat creep down his forehead, and breathing quickly and irregularly. "Sir, I don't feel too-" He broke off, coughing violently.
Mr Sanders looked suspicious, but he was concerned enough to let Felix go - so the cat-like boy dragged himself to the door - then continued down the corridor in a far more sprightly fashion - following after Shae.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:25 am

[[♥ you Powo!!!]]

Shae chuckled when she heard the boy's excuse. He must be a grat actor to convince Mr. Sanders he was sick. The teacher never let any boys and girls out of the classroom at the same time anymore. Not since the whole 'touching in the bathroom' episode.
She sighed and walked calmly to her locker, opening it quietly and with ease. She checked her bright red hair in the mirror and looked around the corridor again, wondering if the boy had followed her. He might have, but she didn't see him. She sighed and absentmindedly brushed back hair over her right ear. That was something she wasn't supposed to do, and she remembered it as soon as her hand touched the object. Quickly, she yanked her hand away as if it was struck by lightning. Thank goodness no one was there - they would have seen the tag. The one that called her F00672.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:33 am

When he saw Shae turn around, Felix calmly let himself into a broom cupboard, and hid there - peering at her through a crack in the door. It was dusty, and it smelled like mothballs. Fussy creature that he was, he did not like it - so he exited as soon as Shae had turned away.
On light, cat-like feet, he prowled silently toward her - hood twitching with the interested movement of his hidden cat-eats as he saw Shae brush back her hair - revealing a telltale tag poking out from somewhere near her right ear. Felix saw tension ripple through her, and within an instant he was hiding behind her, a cat-like grin slowly stretching his lips. "What's the tag for, huh?" He purred quietly into her right ear - in the same movement quickly shifting around to her left side.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:02 am

Shae didn't start. She'd felt his presence as soon as he came to stand behind her. It was almost as if she could feel him breathing on her. That made her want to shudder, but she didn't. No, she would not give this... jerk that satisfaction.
Instead, Shae turned around coolly and watched him with an unconcerned glance. "Teg? It's called an earring, kid." She watched him with burning intensity, as if her gaze could convince him by itself. She sighed and turned back to her locker, pulled out a small notebook and writing a note inside of it quickly. It wasn't in English, though, so she hoped Felix wouldn't be able to read it. She shoved the binder back into her locker and slammed it shut, turning to face the boy again. "You remind me of my cat Rocky." She muttered - more to herself than to Felix - and turned back to walk back to the classroom.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:15 am

"Wrong." Felix pointed out cheerfully, walking pompously alongside Shae like a smug cat waving its tail from side to side. "It's an identification tag, isn't it? Like the ones on dog collars." He broke off, adding silently to himself, 'Or the ones used to identify experiments... Like me... Like... Us?'
"I remind you of your cat, huh...?" He asked quietly, eyes narrowing slightly. "I get that a lot. It's my personality, I guess. But what about you...?" He trailed off, raising one eyebrow, and asked outright, "What animal are you?"
It was not a risky question, really. If his assumptions were correct, she would know exactly what he was talking about. If not, he could easily make up a false explanation.
He was good at thinking on his feet.

((Luff you, Battleaxe. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:21 am

[[Polo-pumpikun ^^]]

Shae stopped and snapped her head around, eyes narrowingg. "What do you mean?" Of course she knew what he meant, but it couldn't be true. Only she escaped in that explosion. It said so in the newspaper.
'One animal has espacped from the pound...'
"I'm a human. Homo sapien. Ring a bell?" She muttered and turned around, walking even more quickly to the classroom. She wanted out of this uncomfortable situation. Out right now.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:28 am

((*Glomps* Razz ))

A wide grin split Felix's face, revealing pointed canines. He was greatly enjoying himself now that Shae seemed so uncomfortable. And like all cats, he did not know when to stop. Or rather, he knew, but he didn't care.
"Ooooh, touchy, aren't we?" He taunted, flouncing along after her.
"Almost makes me think you're hiding something..." He trailed off suggestively, raising one eyebrow, then glancing aloofly in the opposite direction.
She couldn't ignore him, and she couldn't avoid him. He wouldn't let her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Shae smiled sweetly with a hint of sarcasm in her voice as she answered. “Sorry, Cat-boy. Nothing interesting about me. Abusive step-dad tagged me one night after calling me a filthy animal when he was drunk. Couldn’t stand to have his little plaything run away.” She snorted and glared at him, eyes burning with a silent defiance that dared him to question her credibility. But behind the intensity, there was a hint of vulnerability. That story was partially true. Her step-dad didn’t tag her, but he did have his name and phone number tattooed onto her thigh just in case she decided she didn’t like being abused and ran away.
But that flash was gone in an instant, and she was left clenching her jaw while staring down Felix with balled fists. She sighed and slowly relaxed the muscles in her hands, wincing as she felt nail – or rather claw – marks. “He tagged me like I was some sort of animal. Besides, what’s it to you, Felix?”

[[I found a wonderful way to pass time in class!!!]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:19 am

((Oh? And what's that? O.o ))

It was not in Felix's nature to feel sympathy, but at the girl's story he did feel one brief flash of pity. Still, he cast it aside - sniffing in annoyance. He was not the sort to 'care'.
He knew that the girl was lying. He knew, because he'd had a similar tag... Before he ripped it out, of course. It had hurt, but he would not tolerate being tagged against his will. He was proud... Far too proud. Perhaps stupidly so.
Still... Despite the obvious lie, he sensed that there was some truth in the girl's words. It was time for the game to end - he was not one to torture his prey.

"What's it to me?" He repeated quietly, offering an uncharacteristically gentle smile out of pity for Shae's story. "I know." He answered simply, his eyes flashing in a feline fashion, and the pupils elongating to slits.
"I'm the same."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:08 pm

[[Definitely NOT work on RP responses, that;s for sure!!! Lol]]

Shae snorted, not wanting to be wrong. It was her way of showing she was independent and could do things herself. Silly and childish, but still. Her pride was important to her. She looked away but his words caused her to look back at him, taking in his every move. She narrowed her eyes, running them over every inch of his feline-like body in a critical manner, trying to see if he was telling the truth.
"Hm..." She murmured, then turned smartly on her heel, walking down the hall. "Prove it." She called over her shoulder, then broke into a run, going faster than most humans out the door.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:13 am

((Ah, rugrats, I was hoping it was. Sad *Sigh* XD
So what is it? O.o When I'm bored, I doodle and write lyrics to my favourite songs in my maths and physics books. ^_^ ))

Felix stood aloofly for a moment, watching the girl dash away in vague annoyance, and wondering if it was worth his while to follow.
The lure of the chase was too much for him to resist in the end, so Felix slid into the graceful, light-footed stride that was his 'cat stride'. He could tell that the girl was not quite moving at full speed, so he was able to catch up easily enough - falling into step behind her. The wind buffeted his hood about the flattened cat ears on his head, and as he felt it blowing back, he seized the edge and tugged it forward. He couldn't risk exposure... To Shae, sure, but if anybody else was to see...
Felix's thoughts were suddenly jerked back to the present as something caught his eye: A large oak tree was in his path, with invitingly thick, twisty branches. Ears pricking forward under his hood, he quickened his pace, and leaped lithely at the tree. His fingers found the bark of a low branch, and he swung himself around - landing in a cat-like crouch in a bend of the branch.
"Proof enough?" He asked coolly, though there was the subtlest hint of smugness in his expression. With a smirk like a lazy tomcat, he stretched down one arm, reaching out for Shae's fingers.
"Care to join me?" He asked, beckoning invitingly with his fingers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Shae heard the quiet boy behind her and felt a brief sensation of worthiness. Finally someone had taken an interest in her, even if it was for their own good. It felt kind of strange, but decidely more pleasant than years of fending for herself. She sighed and slowed to a walk as she approached that oak tree. Turning slightly around, she could see Felix was deep in thought, pondering something only heaven knew. That large tree was in his way, and Shae watched with a small smile playing on her lips, wondering how quickly his instincts would kick in. At the last possible second, when disaster seemed inevitable, he leapt up and twisted his body to land perfectly in the branches. Now that was impressive.
Shae quickly realized she'd been standing there with her mouth open, gaping like an idiot. She sighed and walked over, taking the boy's hand and pulling herself up alongside of him.
"Proof enough?"
Those words rang in her ears. Mutely, she nodded, her throat full of emotion. She couldn't trust herself to speak without breaking. Why was she like this? Usually she was a lot more... stoic. That was a good word. Emotionless. Indifferent. Not caring.

[[Now I've started writing lyrics to my favorite songs. Thanks for giving me that idea xP Lol I got really bored and I decided to finally answer this Very Happy]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:17 am

((Hehe! Yay! XD It's fun, isn't it? Smile ))

Felix studied Shae thoughtfully as she perched on the branch beside him. He could see emotion welling in her - but in typical feline fashion, he was not one to comfort. Instead, he turned away, and stared into the distance.
There was silence for a while... Then, with a quiet murmur, he broke it.
"I didn't know there were any others... I thought I was the only one."
He cast a brief glance toward her, and he could tell that she felt the same.
"So, how did you get away?" He asked - becoming curious again now. His cat-ears pricked beneath his hood, and he reached up to scratch one briefly - acting with undoubtedly cat-like tendencies.
His synchronisation rate with the feline DNA had been unimaginably high. Almost ninety percent... He still remembered the pain of the experiment. Had the scientists let it run even a second longer, he would be a cat with human tendencies, not vice versa. Luckily for him, however, their equipment had not yet been ready for such intense synchronisation. The pressure had destroyed it, and Felix had been able to escape.
He would never be the same, though... Never fit in anywhere again.
Too animal for humanity, and too human for nature.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum