Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment - Page 2 Empty Re: BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment

Post  Batcat Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Shae frowned. “I don’t exactly remember. I was one of the later ones so it was an equipment malfunction…” She trailed off, looking into the distance pensively. Her mind wandered as she tried to recall the events that were buried deep within, the ones she never wanted to relive. Frustratingly, the only things that she remembered were the wild calls of animal people high on adrenaline as they ran out the swinging iron doors and the dull thuds of their bodies as they fell, one by one taken down by the powerful dart guns. One had punctured through the soft flesh of her thigh, causing her vision to nearly fade, but its poison didn’t seep into her veins the way it did to other subjects. Something about her fox genetic make-up was resistant to the dose. Not having any time to ponder the fact, she’d quickly hurried away as fast as she could, the pain in her left leg nearly overwhelming…
Snapping back into reality, Shae turned to see Felix watching her with a bemused expression on his face. Her lips twisted into an expression that was a mix of a small smile and a grimace. She sighed and continued, “I just remember that our cages were opened somehow and the large iron door was wide open. Everyone was running and the orderlies were running around with dart guns, shooting everyone down. That’s how I learned I’m immune to tranquilizers.” She chuckled and grinned, letting her lips stretch over her slightly pointed canines. It felt so natural to smile like that after months of fearing someone would notice that her teeth were not normal.
“How about you, Cat-boy?”

[[I had time Very Happy And my creative juices were flowing Wink]]
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment - Page 2 Empty Re: BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:05 pm

((YAY! Very Happy I really miss RPing with you... O.o ))

Felix listened patiently as Shae told her story. He was resting with perfect balance in the crook of the branch, eyes half closed. It seemed an impossibly uncomfortable position, but Felix was clearly content.
He listened to every word Shae said, cat ears twitching, though he gave no sign that he was paying attention. Not, that is, until the very end.
He offered a faint murmur of sympathy, then let his cat-like eyes dart open to meet her gaze.
Slowly, he pushed himself into a sitting position, stretched, then began to answer her question.
"I was the reason." He said simply, "With me... They almost managed full synchronisation - but then the machine went haywire. It exploded, and I believe the emergency evactuation sequence was activated automatically... Hence the cages." He paused, staring unseeingly into the distance.
"I don't know how I got out. I could barely think from the pain. I just remember waking up in an alley hours later... Or was it weeks?" He shrugged, and slowly shrunk back into his cat-like crouch in the branch.
"Either way, it wasn't very pleasant." He concluded fussily, shuffling around on the branch in an attempt to get comfortable.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:11 am

((Batty. Dude. Forgetting about me is unforgiveable!! Post, you raddish you! Razz ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:37 pm

Quietly, Shae listened, ears pricked forward with obvious interest. As he reached the climax of his story, she found herself leaning forward, much to her surprise. Never in her entire life had she been this interested in someone else's life - well, except for maybe Avani. She held back a chuckle as she thought of the small creature, but listened to Felix's tale to the end. She shifted when he did, falling back into the kind of cradle two branches made. Her eyes narrowed to concentrated slits as she nodded. "Sound like that pathetic vampire from Twilight. What was his name? Carlisle?" She chuckled.
"I have another question." Shae declared, brazening on. "The animal whose DNA you have in you - your Other - do you still communicate with him?" Images flashed through her mind. The small fox that had an opposable thumb and a rudimentary knowledge of English who couldn't find a mate because of the unbearable scent of humans she carried with her. That caused the girl to frown without meaning to as she watched the boy.

[[I'm sorry I'm such a Raddish Powo (:]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:24 pm

((Bad Raddish. Bad. Razz ))

"I don't watch that rubbish." Felix pointed out haughtily, with regards to Twilight. "It isn't even real, so what's the point?" He trailed off with a huff, then reverted back to seriousness at Shae's next question.
"The animal whose DNA you have in you - your Other - do you still communicate with him?"
"What...?" Felix frowned, seeming unsettled for perhaps the first time. "You- Your animal... Your 'Other' - it's still alive?"
He paused, shifting backwards slightly, and seeming faintly shocked.
"Mine died." He explained simply. "I thought it was the same for everybody, but I guess, since my synchronisation rate was so high..." Again, he trailed off in silent thought.
"He just disintegrated. I saw it. It was like... Like there wasn't enough of him left to hold together the atoms composing his body."
Felix frowned - his usually cool and composed exterior showing faint signs of worry for the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:02 pm

[[I be better about posting now Polo (: ]]

Shae frowned, contemplating his answer. His reason for his Other dying seemed plausible enough when put together with the rest of the story. Maybe since the scientists weren't so experienced then they couldn't keep the other animal-person alive. She sighed, answering his question.
"Yes, my Other is still alive - although I feel like she doesn't want to be though. She's far too human for her world, but too animal for ours. She has it worse than I do..."
Trailing off thoughtfully, she gently bit her lips with her slightly pointed canines, wincing as a drop of blood coated her teeth. She had to stop doing that. Already, her lower lip was crisscrossed with a number of scars from her retractable fangs that she still hadn't gotten control over. Glancing around absently, she noticed a flash of gold. Instantly, she leapt down from the tree and had the girl pinned against a wall, hand on her throat.
"What are you doing here." Shae growled at Kelli.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:49 pm

"Geez, Shae, just chill." Felix scolded, climbing carefully out of the tree in a distinctly human-like fashion. Felix was relatively good at disguising his animal side. He was also relatively good at saving his own skin, and sacrificing those around him. Then again, who could blame him? Selfishness was in his feline nature.
"Ease up there - what are you, some kind of animal?" Felix teased, flashing a secret smirk at Shae as he swatted her hands off the girl's shoulders.
"You're Kelli, right?" He asked with vague curiosity. "I think I have... Something with you." He shrugged, smiling mildly. He didn't bother to remember what subjects he took, nor who was in them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:43 pm

"Technically, yes, I am an animal, Felix. Homo sapien, part of kingdom animalia, remember? Well, you would know that if you actually started the semester in our science class, right?" Shae smiled with just as much venom back at him, masking the hurt of his slight betrayal. She thought he'd be with her on their issues now. She jerked her hands away before he could touch them and turned around, stalking away.
Kelli watched her with an arched eyebrow but said nothing. "Funny, I don't remember taking 'something' as a course. Maybe they transferred me." She winked flirtatiously, wanting desperately to ask about everything she heard. She restrained herself, though. All she needed to do was play dumb and people would say things around her that they didn't think she'd understand. Her strategy worked or the most part in other areas. She chuckled and waited for him to respond, not even looking at Shae. There would be a time for her, too.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:28 am

Felix watched Shae go with some regret, making a mental note to apologise to her later. He hadn't actually meant to hang her out to dry like that - but loyalty was not exactly in a cat's nature...
Still, he remembered suddenly, he was not completely feline - and loyalty was still in his nature.
He frowned slightly, then turned half of his attention back to Kelli as she spoke.
"Heh. Yeah, whatever." He responded. "Later Katie." He said, intentionally pretending to forget her name, and thus displaying his antisocial tendencies. "I've got to catch up to Shae."
He smiled briefly and waved to her, making an effort at being 'normal', then he dashed off after Shae - carefully moderating his pace.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Shae's slightly pointed ears flicked back as she heard the conversation. However noble Felix thought he was, she knew differently. He was just a stupid cat-human that was more animal than she was and therefore didn't feel the same emotions as her. And no matter how great that last move of his was, she was still angry at him and was determined to show it. Speeding up her pace to discourage him from following her, her feet knew exactly where she was going even before her brain registered it.
Smoke puffed from the small hole at the top of the cave. It was small and made of a large hollowed out boulder with only a small opening for an enterance. Shae had to stoop to enter - which was perfectly fine, since she was fairly small - but it sucessfully kept other animals out. "Aylene?" She called out in English, then repeated the name in fox tongue. It varied slightly, since human languages couldn't completely capture the essence of animal names. The fox name for Aylene sounded like a low growl mixed with a slight whine.
"Close the door." A low voice said from inside the cave. There was alight accent to it - not quite any foreign accent, but still something not human.
Shae nodded and glanced out into the sunlight before rolling the boulder across the entrance.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Felix arrived just in time to see Shae rolling a boulder across the entrance to a small cave, closing herself inside. Felix watched this from a distance, then let curiosity take over, and stalked forward to investigate further.
As he reached the boulder, he sniffed at the cracks around the edges, catching the damp, foxy scent coming from inside the cave.
He scratched experimentally at the edges, and when the boulder did not give, he began clawing more virogourly at it.
Eventually he got frustrated and stepped back, resting one palm on the boulder. He considered it thoughtfully, then politely requested, "Mrrow?"
Instantly, Felix slapped a hand over his mouth and stumbled backward, shocked.
What the Hell was that?!
Since when did he actually meow? He hadn't meant to do it - he had meant to simply ask to be let in. What was happening to him...?
Uncharacteristically frightened by this unsettling shock, Felix's cat ears fell flat on his head under his hood, and he seemed to shrink insecurely into himself.
This could not be good...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:20 pm

"Can I help you, Shaelynn?" The fox said in her native tongue, watching the human warily from the back of the cave. A small fire illuminated the room, which was extremely rare for her. Fire usually scared her. The flickering source of light revealed the crude paintings of her former life, made by mashing berries and mixing it with water. A pile of bones and furs lay in one corner, although their purpose remained unclear.
"No, I just had to get away quickly." Shae responded, wondering how she going to tell Aylene. Suddenly a distressed cry of a cat filled the air. She's ears snapped up like lightning, but Aylene was faster, bounding to the door on all fours in an isntant. She shoved the boulder aside with her shoulder and glared out into the world.
"Why is there a human here?!" She growled to Shae.
"He's not completely human." The girl responded coolly. "He's like me. Part cat, though. Don't let him in."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Seeing a small furry face appear beside the boulder, Felix dashed forwards, and studied the little fox carefully. "You're Shae's..." He trailed off, looking for the word Shae had used. "Other." He remembered finally. "Won't you tell her I'm sorry? I was an ass."
He smiled slightly, and slid down to sit on his haunches in a cat-like fashion. His balance was surprisingly good for a human...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:42 am

Shae groaned. "Aylene, I don't want to see him." She stated firmly in fox tongue. Maybe Felix would understand her, maybe she wouldn't. She was past caring about what that sorry, selfish son of a gun thought about her. She certainly didn't care for him. Any feeling of camaraderie from just minutes ago was gone, replaced by an intense loathing of him. Foxes were usually solitary animals in the first place; they never really mingled with their own species, let alone others. And this was time to remember her place in nature.
The fox chuckled. "You heard the princess, cat. Leave."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:55 am

Felix shrugged, scratching his ear absentmindedly. "I can't." He pointed out, speaking through a wide, cat-like yawn. "I'm used to getting what I want. It's in my nature." He stared curiously at the giant boulder, feeling a burning curiosity to see the other side.
His feline tendencies playing up again, no doubt... They could actually get troublesome at times. Sometimes he wished he could just be himself... He felt bad about selling Shae out like that. Unfortunately, his feline side could not care less. That side of him just wanted to see inside the cave...
He leaned toward it, staring longingly past the little fox's head into the dark interior.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:01 pm

That was the final straw for Aylene. She hated all company except for Shae - the human part of her longed to have another human for company - and to have a nosy feline prying into her life was just too much. She gave a low growl and swept her paw back, letting her claws fly out, and slapped it across his face, leaving for angry red lines that were now spouting blood. She bared her teeth in a warning and growled at him again - which clearly meant "leave" - and went back inside, rolling the boulder across as she did.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Felix gave a horrible yowl of surprise when the fox's sharp claws lashed across his face.
Hair standing on edge, he leaped straight for the nearest tree, tearing his inept fingernails on the rough bark as he struggled to find a hold.
Finally, he found himself cowering in the crooked elbow of a branch, string balefully down at the closed cave.
He curled into a miserable ball in the tree, and tried to make himself comfortable.
His face was stinging, so he instinctively licked his hand, and rubbed tenderly at it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:49 pm

[[*timeskip* Oh Polo I have missed RPing wif you ^^]]

When Shae was sure she'd used up Aylene's patience, she quickly excused herself and wished her Other a good night.
"I'd be quiet if I were you." Aylene said in a low voice. "I haven't heard that miserable excuse for a cat leave that tree yet."
Shae chuckled. "Don't worry, I will be." She grinned and pushed the boulder aside, knowing Aylene would put it back. As she glanced up, she saw a dark shape crouched in the nearby tree. Sure enough, it was Felix. She sighed and began walking to her small apartment.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:05 pm

((Not as much as I missed RPing with you! Razz
And Dude... A potato? Really? Wink ))

Felix's eyes opened a crack, gleaming in the darkness as he watched Shae walk by.
"You hold a gudge." He commented quietly. "Us cats aren't much like that. We hate on a whim, and forgive when it suits us."
With a wide yawn, he dropped down from the tree, flicking his sore fingers irritably.
"I didn't mean to sell you out, you know." He said, struggling to maintain his humanity - since the cat in him was far too proud to apologise. "I was a loyal sort - before. I guess I can't control it..." He trailed off, scratching the back of his head absently, and dropping his gaze to the ground. The feline side of him was fighting for control - but with an effort, he kept it in check.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:14 pm

[[Remember when I used to be Purple Party Potatoes?]]

Shae snorted. "Whatever, Felix. I just thought that you'd be a little more respectful to one of the only people that understand what you are." She glared pointedly at him, but slowed her pace so that he could follow her. It wasn't exactly a sign that meant forgiveness, but at least it was a start. She didn't want to be mad at him, but foxes weren't the kind to forgive quickly. And actually neither was she. With a sigh, she changed the topic. "I smelled your blood. How did that happen?"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:23 pm

((Riiiiight... XD ))

"I thought I would, too." Felix replied solemnly, desperately fighting the urge to shrug and brush it off as his instincts were begging him to do. He trotted forward a few steps to catch up, then fell into step beside Shae.
When she mentioned his blood, he automatically wiped a licked hand over his face again, feeling rather sorry for himself. "Your fox friend..." He explained miserably. "I guess I deserved it."
A soft growl of irritation grew in the back of his throat - irritation with himself - but Felix managed to swallow it back.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:32 pm

[[Hahaha so yes. Battleaxe the Afrikaans Potato. I impressed my history teacher by knowing how to say a word ^^ We were learning about ancient cultures in Africa and I raise my hand all smugly, "Mrs. K., I know how to speak Afrikaans!" And I wrote it on the board and I was so proud of myself Razz]]

"You did deserve it, you stupid feline." Shae chuckled. "Never pry into a fox's life unless they allow you to, which is very rarely." She sighed and glanced up at the clear sky. It was dark out, and the stars were shining brightly against the ink black backdrop of nighttime. The moon cast a faint light onto the barren ground around them, giving everything a magical glow that wasn't quite earthly. Her acute hearing picked up the rustle of a rabbit bouncing merrily through the leaves a few hundred feet away, but she ldft it alone. She was feeling quite human today, and killing a bunny wouldn't do anjyone any good. With a sigh, she rubbed her arms from the cold and wished she'd gotten a coat or something before she left school.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:44 pm

((Haha! Nice. Razz Well done. Wink ))

Felix rolled his eyes, but offered a friendly half-smile. Shae's human attitude was rubbing off on him, and making things easier. It was ironic, in a way, that the only other part animal he'd met should make him feel more human...
he cast a sideways glance at her, just as she shiverred and rubbed her arms.
Felix sighed heaily, then shrugged off his hoodie and handed it to her.
"Here." He said simply.
He couldn't say any more, because in complete honesty, he was loath to part with his only source of warmth - but he did want Shae to have it. He still felt bad for his disloyalty - and besides that, she was a nice sort, and he liked her.
It went against his selfish nature to give away what he still wanted, though...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Shae chuckled. "You can have it. I'm going inside anyway." They'd reached a small apartment complex with only two other rooms that looked as if they were being used. The structure itself looked unstuable and not safe, and she was surprised it hadn't collapsed on her yet. The building groaned whenever there was wind stronger than a breeze and sometimes swayed during storms. There were leaks everywhere in the ceiling and the lights didn't work half the time, but it was better than sleeping outside. With a sigh, she pulled open the main door and stepped in. "Can I get you anything? Food? Water? Band-aid?" She smiled in a friendly manner and watched him, curious to see if his pride would get in the way of accepting a gift.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Felix was somewhat offended when Shae did not accept his offer, but shrugged the hoodie back on all the same, and held his silence.
He narrowed his eyes and considered her suspiciously as she began offering him refreshments, and for a long time he wasn't sure what to say. He wanted to decline, but he was hungry...
He battled with this predicament for a long while, before finally responding, "I could use some food, if you don't mind..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum