Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment - Page 3 Empty Re: BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment

Post  Batcat Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Shae nodded and pulled out the key, forcing it into the long and giving it a good twist. She heard the tumblers groan and move, finally clicking to signify the release. She pushed open the door and walked confidently into her two room apartment. The first small room consisted of a three legged table and chair that wobbled when sat upon and a small couch with patches covering it. A desk drowned in papers and pens and scientific books concerning anatomy of humans and animals sat in a far corner next to a grimy window. A small hallway with a bathroom going off of it led to her bedroom, which was about the size of a closet.
Pulling open the door to the fridge, Shae pulled out a can of tuna. "I'm sure you know how to make this, right?" She smiled and tossed it to him, turning away before he could catch it. She also pulled out two bottles of water and an orange.
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment - Page 3 Empty Re: BattieBean and PoloPopcorn's Greatest Experiment

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Felix caught the can of tuna with an exclamation of delight, instantly making the transition from aloof wildcat to loving, playful kitten. He dropped where he stood, lying on his back on the ground, and gnawing at the can of tuna viciously, as though certain his sharp little fangs could puncture the metal.
He was somehow more cat than human, now - cat-ears pricked visibly on his head, and eyes glinting with elongated pupils. He squirmed around, and batted the can along the floor with quick fingers, scampering after it wherever it went.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Shae grinned. "I like this side of you much more, cat-boy." She sighed and walked over to the lone chair, sitting down with expertise as she managed not to fall. With a bemused expression, she watched Felix with curiosity as he played with the can. He looked a lot more innocent here.
"Need a can opener?"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Felix mumbled something in response - but it was impossible to tell what he was saying when his mouth was full of can. He chewed happily on it for one more moment - then let it fall abruptly from his lips as one of his teeth made an ominous cracking sound.
"Ouch..." He muttered, flicking his tongue over his teeth to make sure they were all still there.
Once content that they were, he glanced back toward Shae, and answered with a smile, "That might be a good idea - thanks." He chuckled slightly to himself, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.
He had got far too carried away back there...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Shae chuckled and went to grab the tool from a drawer on nthe counter by the fridge. As the metal slid smoothly open, she instantly knew something was wrong. There was a different smell inside the drawer, as if someone else had been there... She yelped and shrank back in surprised horrow, staring at the bloody object and the note.
Attached to the slightly human kangaroo paw, that was covered in dry dark red liquid was a neatly addressed card. "Shaelynn" it read on the front. Whimpering, she took the card - wincing as her hand touched the paw - and opened it, reading it slowly with growing terror.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:36 pm

The moment Felix's keen nose caught the scent of blood, he bristled - the short hairs on the back of his neck standing on end as he edged tensely toward Shae - all thoughts of tuna forgotten (which was something of a miracle).
"What is it?" He asked quietly, his breath warm on the back of her neck. He stood instinctively closer than he ordinarily would have done - somehow sensing that Shae needed comfort, and for once - perhaps due to the gift of the tuna - he was keen to give it. He laid a warm, reassuring hand on her shoulder, and glanced past her to the gloomy interior of the open drawer.
His breath caught in his throat...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:12 am

[[I ♥ this plot.]]

Shae flinched when he touched her, when she felt his breath on her neck, but all of her thoughts were on the gruesome spectacle before her. She squeezed her eyes shut and breathed through her nose, fighting to keep the bile down. "Felix." She said slowly, keep her voice under control. "I am going to sit on the couch and read this."
Moving away slowly and feeling with her hands, she set herself gently down on the couch, opening her eyes very tiredly, as if she'd just gotten up. Sneaking a quick glance at the boy, she folded the note and read it again, carefully this time.
Shaelynn,
I hope you are doing well and are able to survive. We are very interested in your well-being, seeing as you are the first to be released. The 'escape' of course, was just an act to get you as far away from here and help give you an incentive to blend into the mundane world. I hope it was incentive enough.
Anyway, we are recalling you back. If you choose not to - as we expect you - then I fear we will have no choice but to destroy your Other.
Thank you, and have a nice day.
Sincerely,
your friends at Fulcen Animal Facility
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:07 am

"That's a load of crap!" Felix exclaimed angrily, standing upright and bristling in indignation. He had been sneakily reading over Shae's shoulder... He couldn't help it. Curiosity killed the cat, as they said.
"It was no 'release' - it was a bloody emergency shutdown!" He huffed an irritable sigh, and began pacing edgily back and forth. If he'd had a tail, it would have been lashing.
"But whatever, that doesn't matter now..." He sighed, stepping over to the cough, and sitting carefully beside Shae. "We'll just have to protect your Other... Hide out somewhere, where they can't find us. We're half animal - we could survive!"
He was showing an uncharacteristic loyalty and determination now - the Felix in him taking over from the Feline.

((Yay! So glad!!! Razz I love this RP. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:05 pm

[[Me too!! Razz How did I live without you?]]

You really think I believe it, Felix?" Shae asked wryly when he shouted about it being fake. "I know what I saw, and they were seriously having a hard time keeping us in." When he sat down next to her, she felt tingles shiver up and down her body. She did not like being close to this creature - he was cunning and dangerous and distracting.
"What's with the 'we'?" She added.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:22 pm

((You didn't. You're a zombie. Razz Curse the apocalypse... Wink ))

Felix's mouth tightened, and he drew his shoulders slowly back in a defensive fashion when he heard Shae's tone. There was no need to treat him like the enemy...
Then she said something that really bothered him:
"What's with the 'we'?"
Felix couldn't help it - he was hurt, and deeply offended. Lifting his chin indignantly, he fixed Shae with a strange expression for a moment. Then his facial muscles tightened, and he stood abruptly.
Without a single word, he turned his back on Shae and left. He said not why he was leaving, nor where he was going - in typical feline fashion.
And, naturally, he would hold this grudge until such time as he felt it would benefit him to let it go.
He regretted ever putting in the effort of being friendly and supportive. He should have known better than to waste his time on such futile efforts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:37 pm

Shae winced when he walked out the door, letting it slam behind him. Even she knew she was being harsh. Why now when she needed every ally she could get? Angrily, she threw the note onto the table and stood up, eyes glowing with predator intellect. Her mouth ached for flesh and blood, but she restrained herself. [i]I'm not an animal,[i] she thought, trying to calm her desires. Without a second glance at the drawer or note, she went into the bedroom and pulled off her clothes before falling into her bed. The small piece of furniture creaked and groaned under her weight, but she paid no attention. She was already fast asleep.

"Hi, Felix." Kelli whispered with a small, slightly evil smile. "I heard your conversation. Sounds like quite a mess the fox is in, right?" She snickered and stepped out of the bushes she was hiding behind. Her blonde hair hung limply over her shoulders, tangled and dried out. The moon's faint glow brought out the scartches and cuts on her face, enchaning her cheek bones and making her look gaunt and worn.
"Sucks being rejected after doing something against your nature in the first place, doesn't it?" The question was rhetoric and her voice soft. "You're still bleeding a little."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Felix jumped in surprise and hissed angrily when Kelli's voice reached him. Hair standing on end, he wheeled to face her, eyes blazing viciously. He bristled with tension, even more so when Kelli went on to tell him that she had been eavesdropping...
"You should mind your own business!" He snapped angrily. "There are some things that people like you just wouldn't understand." He spoke in a low, growling voice - ignoring Kelli's comment about rejection.
How the Hell did she know what he was thinking?!

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Kelli rolled her eyes. "Shouldn't you, Felix?" She sighed and walked a bit closer to him, confidence radiating off of her every step. She wasn't going to show him that he was capable of scaring her. The frozen grass crunched under her feet and her breath made a light mist in the chilly air.
"How do you know I wouldn't understand?" She whispered. "How do you know I'm normal?" She smiled sweetly and flipped her hair back over her shoulder absently. The silky golden strandswere almost glowing. In fact, they were. Her cuts were healing quickly, too. Her eyes burned with passion, the blue irises shining out with love. It was the gooey teen love. No, it was something more powerful than that. Something that felt so true and good and peaceful.
"Because we both know that I'm not."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:19 pm

"What the Hell are you, then?!" Felix snapped angrily, leaping instinctively for aggression as a form of defense.
He hissed threateningly as he became aware of a dim glow in Kelli's hair.
He didn't like this... His heart was hammering nervously in his chest, and he didn't like this one bit...
Feeling slightly faint from shock, he gazed longingly in the direction of whrere he had left Shae.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:25 pm

The luminous glow in her hair died down and she sighed. Everything about her looked normal now. Even the cuts were back. "I'm not like you, but I'm nothing bad. Trust me, I want to help you." She sighed and looked back at the house. "Shae just fell asleep. I should be going, I'll see you at school tomorrow, okay?" Without waiting for an answer, she turned and bounded away, shirt flapping loosely behind her. It had two holes in the back, cut perfectly by her shoulder blades where deep scars ran. Except they weren't scars. A luminous golden liquid was seeping out slowly, staining her shirt.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Felix watched Kelli leave with fierce distrust, noting the strange marks on her back. He didn't like her at all. She was different - and different was scary.
He shuddered slightly, then glanced around the dark forest. Something didn't feel right... Every tiny sound seemed like a deadly threat, and he could not have been more edgey.
Glancing nervously around, he hurried back to Shae's little house. Safety was in numbers - and therefor he wanted to be near somebody he trusted.
He could gladly forgive Shae, now that it was beneficial to him... He couldn't even remember what he had been so angry about.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:59 pm

When Kelli was finally out of sight, she looked back quickly to make sure she wasn't being followed. When she was satisfied that she wasn't, she closed her eyes and took the block off of her body. Magnificent white sings immeditely rose from her shoulder blades. The feathers were each over a foot long and the wingspan was twice her height. A brilliant golden light shone off of her in all directions. She was glowing like a star.
Slowly, Kelli dimmed the light, not wanting to draw any attention to herself. If a human saw her, she would be in a lot of trouble. Gently flapping her wings, she slowly lifted from the ground and glided over the treetops, until she came outside of the cave, where she rolled the boulder aside and stepped in.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:43 pm

[[*pleading look*]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:52 pm

(( !!!! O.o All this time it was my turn to post...? XD ))

Felix shifted nervously from foot to foot, then rapped on Shae's door. He waited tentatively, feeling like a timid kitten left out in the cold. Something had to be done to protect Shae's other...
And Kelli - what the Hell was she?! Life had grabbed him by the scruff of the neck. He felt shaken and insecure, and unsure of everything. What was the difference between good and evil? Why had everything in a black and white world turned grey...?
Damn Kelli. This was her fault... And even if it wasn't, he was damn sure going to blame her!

((Such a typical cat... XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:03 pm

[[*tackles* Powo :3]]

Shae groaned and pulled a pillow over her head, wanting to drown out the irritating noise. When the persistent knocking refused to stop, she sighed and pushed the covers away in a dramatic fashion, swinging her legs over the side of the furniture. "Shut up, I'm coming!" She yelled angrily, sleep clouding her thoughts.
When Shae saw Felix at the door, she tried to close the door in his face and go back to bed, but she knew he'd come back for a reason and wasn't going to let her grumpiness stop him. Nevertheless, she still let the door swing behind her as she stalked into the living room.
"This had better be good." She growled over her shoulder without turning around.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 pm

((Battie! XD ))

"Would you just stop?!" Felix hissed, slamming the door roughly closed as he followed Shae inside.
He didn't know how or why, but his patience had finally snapped. "Why must you be so bloody aggressive, huh?! You know as well as I do that we're in trouble - and you know what? You need me just as much as I need you!"
He had been walking anrgily toward her as he spoke, and now he stopped, fists clenched at his sides.
"Yeah, I said it. I need you - and you need me, too. Don't you dare try to act otherwise - you'd only be kidding yourself!" He folded his arms with an irritable huff, the annoyance in his eyes making up for his lack of a lashing tail. "Stop pushing me away, Shae."
This was spoken more quietly - his tone almost kind, and his aggressive stance softening.
He was trying to be a friend. He was really trying... He just didn't quite know how.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:22 pm

"I'm tired of your piss-poor feline attitude, Felix. And you know what else-" Shae tried to talk over him, but he was too loud and too impassioned. She could feel the flames of anger and determination and courage charring him from the inside out- and there was something a little more. Just a hint of vulnerability. Maybe it was because he actually needed someone.
Wait, what?!
Shae's eyebrows flew up as his last words violently passed his lips. The boy was trembling slightly, with excitement or rage or nervousness she couldn't tell. But other than that, he looked as though he was about to go on a murder rampage of the city. "What?" She whispered quietly, the shock of his sentences pushed her down, and she fell limply onto the couch behind her.
The thought of needing someone else had come up a couple of times in the early days when she felt so alone, but the notion was never taken seriously. In fact, she'd been on her own for so long she didn't even know how to socialise or be with someone...
"I guess you're right." She said, finally capitulating. Squeezing her eyes shut and rubbing them for a moment, she thought about what else to say. After a while, she stood up. "You can have the couch tonight. I need some sleep to think about this."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:03 am

"Nobody thinks while they're sleeping, Fox." Felix scoffed half-heartedly, making an attempt to lighten the mood with his good-natured squabbling as he flopped down on the couch she had indicated.
Funny, really. Sometimes argument could be the best kind of bonding...
"You know I'm trying to help you, right?" He asked quietly, eyes sliding shut.
In typical feline fashion, he had waited until she was just out of sight before speaking.
"And I wish you'd stop treating me like an enemy... Because it's already not in my nature to 'try' at anything. Even when people are grateful for it."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:54 am

As Shae was walking out of the room room with a bemused expression from his joke, she sighed. "Good night, Felix." She turned and smiled wryly at him. "Get some sleep and don't wake me up or I'll bite your head off." She chuckled before adding, "And I wouldn't want to do that to my partner in crime." After a wink, she left the room and collapsed on her bed, immediately falling asleep.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:02 am

Felix chuckled quietly in response to Shae's comment, his lips lifting into a slight smile.
Now that was more like it... When she was acting like that, he could actually imagine himself getting along with her.

Sleep came to him easier than expected, and the next morning he did not wake easily. He was curled up in a distinctly feline fashion right in the corner of the couch - his cat-ears flicking every so often at the sound around him - but he was comfortable, and did not stir. He could sleep all day - quite literally. Unless there was something good to eat - preferably milk or fish - he just didn't see why he should wake at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum