Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Alpha :D]] Highwayman

2 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Polo and Alpha :D]] Highwayman Empty Polo and Alpha :D]] Highwayman

Post  Alpha Female Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Listen and remember!
The wind was a torrent of darkness among the gusty trees
The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon the cloudy seas
The road was a ribbon of moonlight over the purple moor
And the highwayman came riding, riding, riding,
The highwayman came riding,

As the moon rose in the sky, so did the tension in the air. The streets of Castorova a small town in the West World, were quiet. But then the sound of a slow gait, the clanging of horseshoes on the stone street. The low murmurs of people outside around the fiery glows of their stoves and torches all stopped and watched. The horse was relaxed, head down and ears forward and alert. He snorted and puffs of steam flowed from his nostrils, the only loud sound filling the cold autumn air. The moonlight shining down on the equine giving him a sparkle in his dark eyes.
The townspeople feared the man on this mount. For all the wrong reasons, But no one would even stay around him long enough for him to show that he wasnt the man they thought he was. This made him sour and angry if he stays at a place for more than a couple nights. Though he is considerate of anyone he meets that shows him the respect he deserves. Will anyone ever trust him?

Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

https://darkest-secrets.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Polo and Alpha :D]] Highwayman Empty Re: Polo and Alpha :D]] Highwayman

Post  Alpha Female Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 pm

I hope my boyfriend doesnt mind me using him for a character :3]

Full Name:Gary Torres
Nick Name:Gary
Height:5'6"
Looks-Click
Skin:Olive tanned
Build:VERY toned but NOT body builder
Hair~
Color:Dark almost black
Style:down
Length:short down to ears
Eyes:Bright blue
Other: Totally misunderstood because of his father. No one sees him for Gary They all see his father, John.

-Horse-
Born As: Midnight Alair
Name Taken:Alair
Called:Alair
Breed(s):ARabian paint cross
Birth-date: 6 winters ago
Sire:unknown
Dam:unknown
Looks-click
Pelt Color(s):Chestnut, palomino, brown white.
Pelt Markings:unusual paint markings
Leg Markings:brown socks
Face Markings:bald face
Eyes-
Left:dark brown
Right:dark brown
Hooves-
Left Hind:black
Right Hind:black
Left Front:black
Right Front:black
Mane Color(s):tricolored
Length:shoulder
Tail Color(s):tricolored
Length:hocks.

Last edited by Alpha Female on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Sathina Lazure

Appearance: Sleek, silver-white hair – puzzling, considering her young age. She often keeps it covered by a large hat in public. She has steely silver-grey eyes that were blue at her birth, but gradually lost their colour over time.
At first glance, she appears dainty and petite, though elegantly tall. If one was to look closer, however, beyond the long, Victorian style dresses she chooses simply for the purpose of misleading, one would be surprised to see the trained muscles wrapped about her arms and abdomen – toned, but finely formed so as not to distract from her femininity.
Link

Other: Sathina is an introverted young lady. She likes to keep to herself, and tends to avoid interaction with others. However, she is polite, well spoken and mannerly. She is known as a true lady, with near flawless etiquette. She is the sort that everybody knows of, but nobody truly knows. In a village where everybody is familiar, all the townsfolk seem to know about Sathina is her name.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:01 pm

His mount carried him through the torch lit town, the heavy footsteps with a metal clang on the cobble stones. The cold autumn wind nipping at their backs as they looked for an inn. He only found a tavern with a couple rooms. Thankfully there was vacancy for both him and his horse. According to a man at the entrance to town. He tipped his hat in thanks and went on his way to the tavern. He didnt like taverns but he needed heat and fast. His horse needed rest, and food. Paying the stable boy two silver dollars he spoke. "Take him and feed him please. I'll take care of his tack in the morning." The stable boy nodded and led his horse to the stables next door. He looked into the doors of the tavern and walked through keeping his head down as he felt eyes on him and went to the bar man who was also the inn keeper. "Whisky and a room for the night please" He spoke and he handed him his shot and the key to a room. He turned in his stool and looked at the people in the bar, some playing darts, some poker. He wasnt a gambler nor was he a drinker, but the whiskey now and then kept him in check. A group of rough riders he knew came in and he groaned quietly. "Why do they always show up everywhere?" He hissed and kept his eyes and head down as he stared into the empty shot glass.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Sathina glanced up briefly when a man entered the tavern. This was not her usual scene, but due to certain circumstances, she had no other choice but to be here.
The man took a seat at the bar, and Sathina dropped her gaze back to her hands, threading her fingers daintily together. It was impolite to stare, after all, but the man intrigued her. He was the one they called Gary - son of the infamous 'John Torres'. From what she had seen, he was treated with some hostility, and she could not help but wonder why... She was not one to believe all she was told, and since she had spent her childhood somewhere far from the town, she knew not of its history.
To appear busy, Sathina lifted her glass of white wine methodically to her lips, and took a small sip.
If she got a chance, she would talk to the man... She would have gone now - but it was unsightly for a woman to be seen walking up to the bar, especially to talk to another man...
Especially when Dethrol was near. She let her silver eyes flicker briefly to a table on the opposite side of the room, shrouded by cigar smoke from the group of burly men gathered there, playing poker. The man named Dethrol sat in the corner, his eyes shadowed by a deep frown as he considered his hand.
As long as he was here, she too would remain here... As long as he was here, she would sit quietly where he had left her, and wait until she gained permission to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:26 pm

[oh and to make it easier on you you can make Darthol part of your main character if you werent already planning that to help you type more lol i dont mind. I might bring in a girl but not as a love interest :3]

As Alair stood in his stall after a well deserved big meal. The horse next to him was asleep, though the one across from him was pawing relentlessly at the stall door. He let out a growl and neighed harshly at him to stop, he did but pinned his ears and turned around in his stall showing his rear end swishing his tail at him. He gave an equine chuckle and soon worked his way to lay down in the stall on the soft shavings.

Gary sat there and felt four pairs of angry eyes on him now. One from the man in the corner, catching a glance from him out of the corner of his eye, he only sat in the path of a girl who sat next to him. He could tell by the smell of a light perfume. "So Gar, we meet again huh? What you think you can just go anywhere and expect to be welcomed?" The one said as he got right behind him about an arm and a gun length behind him. "Jared, seriously get off my case" Gary growled from his seat and turned his head to the side so he could see him with just his one eye from under the brim of his hat.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:38 pm

((Sorry if this gets in your way, but it was the only idea I had. Razz ))

Sathina's eyes were glued to the scene beside her - watching sneakily from beneath the brim of her hat as Jared loomed threateningly behind Gary.
Before she could see much, however, a loud crash from the corner made her jump.

Darthol had leaped to his feet, cigar flying from his mouth as he swore profusely at the men around him, throwing a drunken punch toward one of them, and missing miserably.
Sathina looked away to his the amused smile on her lips. It would be terribly wrong for her to enjoy seeing Darthol beaten...
He stormed angrily over to her, and Sathina fixed a neutral expression on her face, bowing her head slightly in feigned submission. A lady should obey her man, after all.
"Sathina, get the f*** over here!" He bellowed, attracting quite some attention around the tavern. Sathina brushed off her dress and stood elegantly, walking obediently toward Darthol. "Hurry the Hell up, you piece of sh*t!" He raged angrily, seizing her roughly by the wrist and pulling her toward the door.
"Yes, Darthol." She replied in a gentle voice, quickening her step just a little to keep pace with the angry man.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Gary was about to say something to Jared when he got hit and he stood up suddenly only to be knocked back by a man going to the girl with anger and booze flowing through his veins. "Hey man" He growled and went to get between the two but they were already heading out the door and he went as far as the doorway. "What's the problem?" He called after him in a tone that would make him turn around.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:25 pm

"It's not your problem, mother f***er!" Darthol shouted furiously, whipping around to face Gary with an aggressive snarl. "How dare you speak to me? Filth!" He pulled a revolted face, and spat at Gary's feet.
"Darthol..." Sathina murmured gently, her voice like a sweet sonnet beside his gruff, drunken shouting. "We should be leaving..."
It was just a simple suggestion, but even that was enough to send the drunk Darthol over the edge - and he wheeled round to face her. "Don't you tell me what I should be doing! Know your place, woman!" He aimed a rough back-handed slap at her face. At first, it seemed it would knock her flying - but somehow, Darthol missed, and ended up overbalancing and stumbling forwards. It seemed as though he had simply misjudged the distance... But under closer observation, a quick movement could be noted in Sathina's feet. A step back so subtle and rapid that it took her out of harm's way, almost completely without a trace...
She was not all that she appeared. Or rather, perhaps she was more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:40 pm

He only pulled a smirk and shook his head as he went on ranting in his drunk state of mind. Gary stood there and took it and when he reached to hit the girl he tensed up. When he fell and laid on the ground he walked over his spurs clinking with each step he squatted down and looked at him. "See here buddy, You can say anything you want to me and do anything you want to me. But im gonna have to ask you to keep your angry hands off that young lady" He said and grabbed him by the back of his jacket and hoisted him up to his feet. "Where i come from that gets a man in trouble with a gentleman" He growled and threw him back into the stair case by the tavern. "Lay off guy" He growled
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:26 pm

Sathina shifted away from the fallen Darthol, and watched worriedly as Gary accosted him. It was kind of him to stand up for her, and she was grateful, but it was her duty to make sure that no harm befell Darthol on her behalf.
When she saw Darthol thrown backwards into the stairwell, his head crashing sickeningly against the hard wood, Sathina hurried forward to put an end to things.
She laid her hand placatingly on Gary's arm, her touch light as a feather. Her slender fingers and manicured nails seemed beautifully feminine, but they hid the roughness on her palms, and the calluses on her fingers beneath. There were two sides to Sathina in every aspect...
"I thank you for your kindness, sir." She murmured in a polite, submissive voice. "But please do not resort to violence on my behalf. My fiance is inebriated - he meant nothing by it."
Her face was hidden by the brim of her hat - thankfully, because she could not rid herself of the secret smile that had been pulling at her lips ever since she had seen the blood trickling from Darthol's temple.
"I should attend to Darthol." She murmured quietly, "If you'll excuse me..."
With that, she removed her hand from his arm, and glided to Darthol's side. She swooped gracefully into a crouch, and leaned over him - touching a dainty hand to his rough cheek.
He was unconscious.
Hearing the commotion, the barman had hurried over, and upon noticing him, Sathina requested a bed for Darthol to sleep it off. Arrangements were made, and he was carried away by a few of his poker friends, leaving Sathina blissfully free for the rest of the night.

Before anything else, she went in search of Gary. She found him where she had left him, just inside the tavern door, and approached him with a finely formed, ladylike smile that drew her lips toward a point, and hollowed her cheeks just slightly.
"You are Gary Torres, I believe?" She asked quietly as she reached him, her silver eyes meeting his below her hat now. "I am Sathina." She offered one dainty hand, and added politely, "Meeting with you has been a pleasure. You are quite the gentleman, Mister Torres."

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:02 am

He felt the female's hand on his arm and relaxed. He didnt mean to knock him out like he did, but with his intoxication it wasnt hard. He did that on his own. As her voice softly filled his ears he calmed down more until finally he took a few steps back from the people carrying him upstairs.
For a moment he was left alone, he took that time to take a few deep breaths and clear his mind about what just happened. Then he heard her voice again and turned around to face her. "Yes, that's me" He said gently and shook her hand when she offered it. "Well I just dont like it when women are treated like that. I was never a big fan of that" He said with a shrug. "You have a very pretty name by the way. Unusual but pretty." He smiled at her and removed his hat revealing his looks but only in respect of the female that stood before him.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:24 am

Sathina smiled slightly, the same rehearsed, polite smile, but offered no words of response at first. She, too, was not a fan of Darthol's treatment of women... But for the time being, she was stuck with him. All she could take solace in was the fact that at least he proved no danger to her. He was strong, but crude and clumsy - no sort of a fighter, really. She could easily overpower the man if she so desired. But as of yet, he still had his uses, and she had an image to maintain.
She shifted her attention back to Gary then, seeing him remove his hat.
"Thank you." She replied softly, nodding graciously to Gary in acknowledgement of his respectful gesture.
"Would you take a walk with me, Gary, if you have nothing else to attend to?" She requested sweetly, her lips curving upwards again as she gestured toward the door.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:30 am

He saw her smile and nodded regarding her thanks. When she asked him to take a walk he swallowed a bit. This was new for him, no one has ever wanted to spend time with him, ever. "Of course, but before we get too far, i need to stop by the stables and pay the stable hand for the night. If you'd like you are welcome to join me," He offered and offered his elbow to walk her there.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:38 am

"I'd like that very much." Sathina replied, and she took Gary's proffered elbow with gratitude. Inwardly, though, she felt a flash of annoyance. All this mannerly, lady-like stuff was really not her thing. She would rather have walked herself to the stables, instead of leaning on Gary's elbow like an old man on a walking stick. It made her feel weak, and weak was one thing she refused to be.
But this was the hand she had been dealt, and she would play it with all the skill she possessed.
As they reached the stable, Sathina released Gary's arm, and walked elegantly down the row of stalls, fighting the urge to skip quickly from one to the next, or give each horse a hearty pat on the neck.
She soon located Gary's horse. It was not hard to tell which was his, for it was a horse of a most distinctive colour, and it certainly had not been there that morning when she had arrived with Darthol.
With a mild smile, she approached the horse, and reached daintily for his head - running her fingers gently along his silky muzzle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:46 am

As they walked he felt her hold and smiled. "Well from what I can tell, you arent like other girls. You seem like you could be very independent. Just let me know when it gets too proper for you" He chuckled and let her go when they got to the stables. As she went down the line he smiled, it seemed like she had a love for these animals just like he did. When she reached Alair though, he got nervous but since he didnt bite or pin his ears he was confused. "You know, that horse doesnt let anyone touch him. You must be special if he let you be around his face" He said with a smile and came over and stroked his neck in his favorite spot and he made a funny face letting him know that it felt good. Gary couldnt help but laugh a little and he patted his neck. "This is Midnight Alair, but I call him brother, or Alair." He said and leaned on the door.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:54 am

"I tend to get along well with horses." She replied, still smiling, and reached up to scratch Alair's cheek. "Alair..." She murmured, tasting each letter before it rolled off her tongue.
"He is a magnificent horse, I have never seen anything like him."
She stepped back to allow Gary to pet his 'brother', and smiled with a certain controlled fondness at the funny expression on the horse's face, his upper lip curling upwards and his neck twisting in pleasure.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:00 pm

"Well, he was born where no one ever ventures. He came to me, I was out in Indaris. It's far behind me now." He said and slipped him a peppermint, as he munched away on it Gary offered her one to give to him. "You and him will be best friends with this" He chuckled and handed it to her.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Like me... Sathina thought solemnly, locking eyes with the horse for a moment as he crunched on his mint. "Indaris?" She questioned innocently, feigning ignorance, "Where is that?"
She took the mint from him, and offered it to the stallion with a smile - the first sincere one that had adorned her petite face in quite some time...
She glanced briefly over her shoulder as she heard the scuttling of rats behind her. She did not mind them, but she figured her persona ought to, so she fixed a slightly nervous expression on her face for a moment, then reverted back to normality.
"Would you accompany me to the river?" She asked suddenly, glancing back at Gary, "I enjoy the view, but Darthol does not approve of my venturing too far from town."
She offered her usual sculpted smile, her silver eyes glinting beneath the brim of her hat. That was the first hint of rebellion that she had shown.
Gary was different to the rest, she thought. He might allow her to be herself around him... But that had yet to be tested. One day, perhaps, if she got to know him better. Although, that was somewhat unlikely what with Darthol's possessive nature... Perhaps her fiance's usefulness had run its course...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 pm

"Sure. I'll tell you all about it on the way to the river. Just as long as you know where you're going" He chuckled and began walking with her. As they started walking he began speaking. "Indaris is far past the mountains. They say that who ever makes it there alive, they see the wonders of the world in their stay. But go there in greed, you may not make it out alive. It can be very unforgiving." He said and looked to the star lit sky. "I have yet to see anything there, i wasnt there for long, a couple hours max on the edge of the woods that start Indaris. I'd like to go back someday." He said to the sky with a soft sigh and he dropped his head and looked back at her.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:31 pm

"It sounds thrilling." Sathina replied with a smile, "You must have been terribly brave to venture there..." He trailed off, inwardly snickering at the comment. She was not one to compliment bravery... She expected it. But, as always, her persona had first say.
By the time her thoughts returned to the present, they had reached the river.
Sathina lifted her dress, and stepped carefully to the edge, staring breathlessly out over the seething, foaming water as it tumbled over the scattered rocks on the riverbed. There was nothing in nature quite as magical as fast-running water... Perhaps that was why the magical beings feared it so? She for one was enchanted by the power and freedom of it...
She stared a moment longer, then turned away from the river, back toward Gary.
"The people here seem hostile toward you..." She murmured quietly - her expression softly sympathetic, yet her eyes hard and curious - demanding knowledge. "Why is that, if I might be so bold as to ask...?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:38 pm

He sighed and looked down sitting on a boulder that had caught a pool of water that overflowed into a small waterfall. He glided his finger over the surface and took a deep breath. "Well, its a long story. But people dont see me for me. They see a monster, a killer, and sadly even a womanizer. But im not like that. I just wish people would understand that" He said solemnly. "They see my father. Then there are stories that go around that im destructive, and uncontrollable. They're not true." He said softly
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:52 pm

"That's a shame..." Sathina replied quietly, "I've known you less than an hour, and I can already tell that those assumptions are far from true."
She studied him thoughtfully - standing beside him, and looking down at the top of his head, and his reflection in the boulder's puddle.
"Why do you stay?" She asked, absentmindedly slipping her hat from her head, and shaking out her glossy sheet of silver-white hair - an embodiment of the moon in the dark sky overhead.
"Why don't you go somewhere that people might appreciate you? You deserve better, you know. Nobody should have to live in their parents' shadow..."
A slight darkness crept into Sathina's tone - a well-hidden edge of bitterness that betrayed her knowledge of that which she spoke of.
Throughout her childhood, it had been much the same. She had been seen as a monster, a demon... Everybody had known what she was. In the end, she'd had no choice but to leave. Even then, she would have stayed, had her father not driven her from the village, and forbade her return.
It had been for her own sake, she knew now, but the abandon still stung.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:58 pm

He looked up and smiled but only with his eyes did he see her face in the reflection of the puddle. "I havent stayed in a place for more than a couple of days. The longest i've stayed anywhere was four days. Before the third day im already hiding from everyone so i dont get murdered." He said softly and wiped his eye before the tear fell to the water. "Not to mention im a total softy, another flaw i have" He said with a forced chuckle
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Sathina gazed down at Gary, and for the first time in a long time, she felt an earnest inkling of sympathy. It had been so long since she had seen a person whose problems were actually real enough to warrant her sympathy... But Gary? He had it rough, and despite it all, he was still a good man.
And, she realised suddenly, so young to bear such a burden.
"It is no flaw to feel." Sathina stated harshly - the ladylike gentility leaving her voice for the first time as she momentarily allowed her true personality to shine through.
"On the contrary, I think it shows a great strength of heart that, despite the hostility you face, you still manage to care enough to shed a tear."
She reached out toward him - not caring in the slightest that her actions were inappropriate for an engaged woman - and brushed the residue moisture from that single tear off his cheek.
Then, completely without warning, she shoved him backwards into the river - a devious grin cracking her usually angelic face, making her seem positively impish as the wind tossed her silvery hair about her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next