Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Alpha :D]]Get out Alive

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Polo and Alpha :D]]Get out Alive - Page 2 Empty Re: Polo and Alpha :D]]Get out Alive

Post  Alpha Female Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:00 pm

He looked at her and smiled gently now reaching for the bandages and neosporin. "Now why would you go and say something like that?" He asked and smiled as he began to put the bandages on her knees, "Wait wait wait, slow down, you saw something too?" He asked perking up and looking at her again. "Earlier something was following me! Did it make any noise like growling or something?" He asked sitting next to her as he finished up.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

https://darkest-secrets.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Polo and Alpha :D]]Get out Alive - Page 2 Empty Re: Polo and Alpha :D]]Get out Alive

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Blair turned and stared at Gary, goosebumps rising on her neck. Somehow, she felt relieved and despairing all at once.
"Y-yes..." She stuttered, "My first thought was a wolf, but... It seemed somehow... Different." She paused, frowning in confused concern. "The way it was watching me was like it was... Planning something. Like it intentionally wanted to attack me..." She shook her head, "No wild animal is like that."
Her speech was becoming more confident now - clearer, and less disjointed than before. It surprised her how easy it was to talk to Gary...
"So... You saw it, too?" She looked up at Gary, meeting his eye for perhaps the first time. In the warm golden light of the trailer, her ice-blue eyes appeared closer to silver... "So either it's real, or we're both crazy." She concluded firmly, "But I swear, it seemed to me like it vanished into thin air. I swear it was right behind me when you opened the door, that's why-"
She broke off suddenly, seeming somewhat horrified as a new thought occurred to her for the first time.
"Oh god, I could have gotten you killed..." She murmured shakily, displaying a new part of her personality for the first time... The fact that, despite her icy exterior, Blair really did care.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:19 pm

"Well, lets just keep it to ourselves, it was probably nerves" He said with a sigh and ran a hand through his hair, "We dont need to cause a panic now anywhere else around here" He put the kit back where it was supposed to be and walked back out leaning on the counter. "So what are you planning to do? You want to go back to your trailer? Or stay here, the couch folds into a single bed" He said with a shrug and looked to Meshack who was barely asleep.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:28 pm

Blair shrugged slightly, shrinking back into her hoodie again. Gary was right - it was just nerves... She had been getting too carried away.
She sighed, and stood up - pleased to find that her knees were not too sore.
"I'll go back to my trailer." She answered. "Like you said, it's just nerves." She shrugged, and walked toward the door, then paused, and glanced back.
"Thanks, Gary... I owe you."
Her expression became slightly more pleasant, but still she did not smile. Instead, she merely opened the door and let herself out into the night.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:52 pm

He gave her a friendly wave and watched out the window as she walked back to her trailer, praying that she wouldnt encounter anything else. He knew for a fact that this wasnt nerves, there was something more, a higher power at work here. He pushed it from his mind and locked up the trailer and turned the lights out and got ready for bed. By now it was already past midnight and he was beat tired. As he fell asleep that howl echoed in his mind and followed him straight into his dreams.

He was running in the woods, like the devil himself was at his heels. It was ice cold and he could hear the pack of wolves behind him barking and snarling at their next meal. It felt like there was no end to the woods, no way to escape, the trees just got thicker and thicker which slowed him down considerably. But it didnt slow those wolves down the slightest bit, he could feel their breaths at his back. Looking behind him, he saw the wolves glowing red eyes following his every move, not paying attention he was stopped by a low branch and thrown back on the ground. Fearing the worst he braced himself to be eaten by the beasts but he waited...nothing. He opened his eyes and saw a large canine figure standing over him. At least 6 feet over his body that was now on the ground. "You." He spoke in a guttural voice and his eyes werent like the others...they were a vibrant green, a spring green. "Protect the girl" He spoke again as Gary rose, the wolf's snout meeting Gary's nose. "Use this power wisely. The pain is unimaginable when the moon is full. Hold your anger's reins firm.Defend your secret. no one must know. Defend her. Defend heeerrr" The voice began to fade as well as the wolf, before he was completely gone, Gary felt an extreme pain on his hand and wrist and before he could look down he felt the muzzle of his dog Meshack and he was awakened to find Meshak begging to be let out for his potty break. The sun shown brightly in through his window and into his face forcing him up.

"Alright alright" he muttered and hauled himself up and out of bed. He opened the trailer door and let him out, stepping outside as well and getting some fresh air and stretching his muscles above his head holding his wrist but quickly recoiling from a sharp pain. Then he remembered the dream, quickly he looked down and saw a new...tattoo? This tattoo wrapped around his wrist and on the palm of his hand. "What the.." He said in confusion
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Blair had not slept well. Sinister shadows and bumps in the night had unsettled her, and come morning, she was feeling thoroughly unrested.
Still, she dragged herself out of bed to care for Moony, and by the time the other campers were rising, Blair was already mounted for her morning ride.
As she trotted Moony fearlessly toward the forest - daring to face her fears - Blair caught sight of Gary outside his trailer, playing with Meshack.
Or rather, staring at his hand while the dog gambolled around him. He seemed worried...
Blair wondered for a minute if she should greet him, or if she should just ride on, pretending she had never even met him... After his words the night before, guilt made her decide on the former.
Clucking to Moony, she nudged the young horse over to Gary. He seemed nervous - snorting in alarm and throwing up his head as he came close.
"It's just a dog, silly." Blair scolded him, "You see them every day."
She nudged the nervous horse firmly forward, and came to a stop beside Jake.
"You okay?" She asked, looking down at him from the saddle.
Funny... She was like a different person entirely on horseback. Suddenly confident, and self-assured... Even her voice seemed stronger.
"I didn't know you had a tattoo." She gestured toward his wrist, "I don't remember seeing that last night..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:09 pm

"Oh this thing, yeah my friends snuck in this morning, thought it'd be funny" He chuckled. "I think it's sharpe marker." He put his hands down into his pockets and looked up at her. "Well you seem a little better than yesterday" He said with a smile. "It's good to finally see you up in the saddle" He chuckled and patted her horse's side. "I just had a rough night, that's all, you know nightmares and stuff" He said with a shrug, "No biggie." He said and looked to Meshack who was just sniffing around. "What are your plans for today?" He asked her as he looked back to her.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:20 pm

"Funny..." Blair agreed quietly - though she eyed the tattoo thoughtfully for a moment, wondering if it were possible that she had seen such a thing before... It seemed oddly familiar.
Then his hands slipped into his pockets, and she was forced to avert her gaze and meet his eyes instead.
"Yes, I feel better." She agreed, lying through her teeth. "I guess I've been watching too many horror movies."
She shrugged, then calmed Moony with a pat on the neck as he suddenly began fretting. He champed nervously on the bit, and spooked slightly when Gary extended a hand toward him, but Blair scolded the young horse, and he stood his ground.
She frowned at him, wondering what had possessed her horse to act so strangely toward Gary all of a sudden.
"I'm riding out again." She told Gary, patting Moony's neck. "I saw a cross country track in the forest yesterday, but I wanted to let Moo settle before I jumped it. I don't mind waiting, if you want to come along. Nothing like a good gallop to chase away those nightmares, huh?"
She glanced pleasantly toward him, but still didn't quite smile.
She never smiled. It was as though her lips could only reach a certain height...

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Gary thought for a moment then smiled. "I'll meet you by the dressage arena, we'll head out to the trails then" He said and called Meshack back over to go into the trailer. With that he turned and went back inside. Getting dressed and putting some gloves on he came back out and headed back towards the stable to get DeSoto out and tacked up. He walked into his tack stall and got out his cross country gear then cross-tied his paint in the stall to tack up. DeSoto could sense that there was something different but sound about his human. He nuzzled his hand as it passed his nose and nickered gently. "I'm still me boy." He whispered somehow understanding his thoughts. After putting his bridle and bit in Gary led him out and mounted up riding towards the dressage ring.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:07 pm

By the time Gary arrived, Blair he already become bored, and started working on Moony's dressage. The young horse was progressing fantastically, bust he still hollowed slightly in his canter transitions - and it was this that Blair was now working on.
On a large circle, she changed the horse to canter through trot and through walk, trying to get him to stay balanced and round in each transition. He was catching on quickly - but seemed to lose focus somewhat when he saw DeSoto. He nickered excitedly, but Blair gave him a nudge with her heels, and made him do one more transition. Then she gave him a loose rein, and let him stroll happily over to his friend, making sociable little whuffling sounds with his nostrils.
"He sure seems happy to see DeSoto." Blair said, watching her horse fondly as he stretched his muzzle toward the paint stallion.
"Shall we get going, then?"

Without waiting for a response, Blair smooched to Moony, and sent the young Thoroughbred forward into a brisk canter, keeping him forward, but light on his forehand.
The track she had seen was relatively large - certainly bigger than she had tried with Moony before, but she believed that he was capable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:13 pm

Gary kept up with the duo, a bit clumsy with his steps. He hasnt been out of a small space since he got here, it's like starting up an old machine, after he got warmed up he became smooth and surefooted. The trail was wide enough for two to share side by side. "Bit rusty arent we boy?" He laughed excitedly as he began to get his true footing and start taking a few small jumps.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Blair watched appreciatively as DeSoto tucked up his front legs and sprung merrily over the various little logs and brushes littering the trail.
She was waiting for some slightly bigger ones for Moony. It was part of her training method to challenge him right from the word go, rather than easing him into it.

The first jump was a modest-sized triple log, and Blair took a firm hold on Moony's mouth as she guided him effortlessly over. Moony threw a huge jump, nearly unseating Blair - but she was ready for it, and soon had him set up for the next jump.

Moony jumped clear over each of the jumps, and Blair kept glancing back behind her to make sure Gary was okay.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:22 pm

He looked back at her with a bright smile and urged DeSoto on to go faster and towards the advanced trail. His iPod was on and tucked in a holder that he fashioned himself on all his recreational saddles. His iPod would attach to speakers that were on the saddle and he could listen to music while he rode on the trails or just out in the arena training and staying in shape. He couldnt help that he loved certain songs though, no matter what era they were from. As 'Summer of 69' by Bryan Adams blasted out of the speakers he rode behind her and jumped up and jumped down, crossing streams and clearing bushes. When they got to a clearing DeSoto just couldnt help himself and he slid to a stop and threw a little buck and reared up neighing loudly
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:06 am

Finally, they came upon the final jump in the course - a big corner. Moony hesitated on take-off, and when Blair put her legs on, he threw a massive jump, twisting awkwardly and nearly banking the table. He landed and stumbled, causing Blair's head to jerk back on her neck, giving the familiarly unpleasant sensation of whiplash. She quickly took up her reins and leaned back, helping Moony find his feet as he floundered about for a couple of strides. He soon settled back into his canter, tossing his head and squealing in annoyance at the awkward jump. Blair patted his neck and pulled him up, taking a deep breath as she saw DeSoto slide to a stop a few meters away, and rise in a playful rear.
She felt slightly faint from the shock of that jump... It seemed silly, but she had been feeling faint a lot lately. Perhaps it had something to do with the rapidly climbing heat of the day... She didn't remove her hoodie, though. Even though she felt slightly dizzy now, with the shock and the heat, she would never take her hoodie off.
In fact, she never showed her arms at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:39 am

"Easy boy" He chuckled and stroked his neck and smiled at his horse. He shook out his head and whinnied and began to walk. He still had some spirit in his step. Clucking to him he brought him up to a smooth trot. Stopping next to Blair and her horse. She didnt look very good. "You alright?" He asked with a hint of concern in his voice.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:29 am

Blair nodded, and mumbled softly, "Just need to catch my breath..."
She braced one hand against Moony's withers, her arm shaking slightly as waves of giddiness washed over her. She hated feeling like this... But it would pass. It always did.

Sure enough, a few moments later, she straightened up, and quietly thanked Moony for being so patient.
"Want to ride on?" She asked Gary quietly, gathering up her reins and glancing over at him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:35 am

"Sure" He smiled and began walking next to her. "I'm feeling a quick dip in the lake, it's pretty hot out." He said already feeling the sweat trying to cool his already fiery skin. He also had these heat rashes, but they came up as bright red itchy blotches on his skin, mostly on his shoulders and chest sometimes his neck. They began to surface and they drove him crazy, it was like the itch that could never be scratched multiplied by ten. "Wanna join us?" He asked making DeSoto sidestep as he turned to look at her with a grin.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:43 am

"That does sound good, but I think I'll just wait here, thanks." Blair replied quietly. "Or I might let Moo splash around in the shallows. I don't much feel like getting wet..." She rubbed her one arm absentmindedly, considering the idea.
She'd look stupid swimming in her hoodie - but she couldn't take it off... So, as much as it pained her, she had to decline.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:54 am

"Alright, that's fine" He said and continued walking straight on soon hearing the lapping of small waves. The lake was there and abundant with life. Birds and frogs made their own harmonies that was accompanied by the gurgle of a nearby stream that fed this lake. The lake was in a huge clearing with mountains behind it. The water was so clear that you could see the pebbles on the bottom. Upon reaching the tree line, Gary dismounted and took his tack off and setting it on a log and using that same log to get back up. DeSoto caught one breath of cool air from the lake's surface and turned on his heels galloping into the water until his feet couldnt touch and Gary swam off him to take the weight off and they both cooled down.

Heres the lake :3 http://www.oregonicons.com/anthony_lakes_1.jpg
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Blair watched Gary and DeSoto gallop out into the water, wishing that she could do the same - but she was not going to change her mind. Instead, she clucked to Moony, and he stepped hesitantly into the clear water, snorting in alarm as it touched his hooves.
"It's okay, boy." Blair reassured him, patting his neck. Moony snorted, then shook his head and pulled the reins from Blair's hands - taking a quick sip of the water, then starting to paw at the crystalline surface, splashing water everywhere.
Blair did not seem to mind. She was staring after Gary and DeSoto, lost in a world of her own.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:26 pm

DeSoto snorted just under the surface of the water throwing water into his boy's face and Gary splashed back and his horse whinnied with joy, almost as if he was laughing. Finally he began swimming towards the shallows where he could touch the floor again and he took some generous sips from the water quenching his thirst then he fell and began to roll cooling his whole body. Gary soon followed him up to the surface and looked up at Blair. "Much better" He said with a smile
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:34 pm

"You look refreshed." Blair agreed, absentmindedly kicking Moony in the ribs as he threatened to roll. The cheeky gelding squealed and lashed out in objection, but Blair merely patted him unconcernedly.
"This place is really nice..." She commented, gazing around the stunning lakeside scenery. "I wonder if there are any trails going up the mountain... We'll have to go exploring one day."

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:36 pm

"I wouldnt doubt it" He said looking up to the mountains. "WHy dont you come down from there for a little bit? Stretch your legs too" He said with a smile and walked over to the log and sat down to dry off in the sun.
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:41 pm

"I guess..." Blair muttered. She clucked to Moony, and sent him out of the water, then dismounted and ran up her stirrups. "Good boy." She crooned, taking the reins over his head and leading him over to the log where Gary sat. She took a seat beside him, and let Moo's reins slip to the buckle, allowing him to craze beside her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Female Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:46 pm

"So, whats the story with you and Moony?" He asked with a smile and leaned back letting the sun dry him. The rashes were gone and the heat was starting to get back to normal in his body. "I'll share my story if you share yours" He said with a chuckle and nudged her playfully. "Im getting more than just a few words out of you now," He teased harmlessly
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next