Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^)) - Page 5 Empty Re: The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Tyson followed Koaru to the inn, and hung back with folded arms while his friend exchanged pleasantries and payments with the innkeeper. When she showed them to their room, Tyson stepped in and studied the area with an appraising expression, a subtle frown in place on his face. At last, his head jerked in a conclusive little nod. Not bad.
His eyes fell upon the hot springs through the window, and as if reading his thoughts, Koaru came up beside him.
“We're both in rather rough shape aren't we?" He pointed out, grinning teasingly, "Perhaps it'll be best we bath before we eat?”
"I couldn't agree more." Tyson responded, already pulling his hoodie over his head. He cast it aside with a look of disgust and, dressed now in a white T-shirt that was stretched a little too tightly around his biceps, followed after Koaru. The pair proceeded to the hot springs, which were conveniently empty at the time, and Tyson turned his back on Koaru as he undressed, stripping down to his boxers. He had earned himself some new cuts and burns during the course of the mission, but Koaru had healed most of them already. Flicking his unruly hair irritably out of his face, Tyson edged over to the spring, and dipped a toe gingerly into the steaming water. It was hot, but the feeling was a welcome one, and it was with a sigh of relief that Tyson lowered himself slowly into the water.
The moment he was in, he dunked his head under, submerging himself completely, and rubbed the dirt vigorously from his short hair. When he broke surface again, flicking back his wet, seal-black hair, he looked instantly perkier, refreshed by the warm water.
"Oh God, I needed that..." He murmured, lying back against the edge of the spring and closing his eyes for a moment.
"Come on." He encouraged, glancing toward his friend as he saw Koaru hesitate before climbing into the water, "It's okay, I don't bite."
He had witnessed his friend's shyness before, and he attempted to allay it now with a teasing smile. He was clearly in a much better mood after washing the dirt and grime from his skin, and he could not begin to express how glad he was to feel cleansed at last. The mission had been a trying one, and to wash away the reminders of it seemed somehow to refresh his mind as well. His heart was lighter than it had been in a while, and even his messy hair had ceased bothering him while it remained glued to his handsome face by the warm water.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^)) - Page 5 Empty Re: The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:18 am

"I couldn't agree more."
Smiling warmly in response, Koaru nodded briefly before padding over towards the glass doors.
Sliding them open with a gentle hand, he then took the lead as they walked out into the darkening gardens.
Together the pair padded down a neatly paved stone pathway till they eventually reached the steaming pools of hot spring water.
Stopping to take in the natural formations of water, Koaru smiled appreciatively before turning his gaze curiously towards Tyson.
He was about to comment on the water, but fell silent when he his shy eyes traced over Tyson's nude torso. To his surprise, his friend had already started to undress. Stripping down to his boxers and revealing his handsomely muscled body.
Unprepared, Koaru felt a subtle blush taint his pale cheeks. Blinking for a moment in shy comprehension, he kindly averted his gaze. Staring back to the swirling steamy water to give Tyson some privacy.
Why am I so shy before Tyson. He's a man and so am I...I should think nothing of this.
When Koaru heard Tyson slip into the pool, he flicked his attention back to his handsome companion.
Hesitant at first, but keen to brush away his awkwardness, Koaru ran a finger over his lips in thoughtful contemplation as he watched Tyson disappear beneath the water's surface.
Musing silently, Koaru thought.He really is handsome...Strong and intelligent too..
When Tyson reappeared with his sleek black hair plastered to his sharp face , Koaru couldn’t help but allow a cheerful laugh to escape his lips. “You look like a seal”, He commented teasingly
"Oh God, I needed that...", Tyson responded as he wadded towards the edge of the spring, perching himself casually against it's side as he closed his eyes in relaxation.
Pleased to see his friend so utterly content, Koaru watched Tyson with some affection in his gentle eyes.
It's nice to see him this relaxed. It's side I haven't seen yet, but I'm glad. I feel as though he's slowly opening up to me
Tyson's encouraging voice, broke Koaru from his thoughts and with a tilt of his lovely head, he stared towards the steaming water with some apprehension.
"Come on...It's okay, I don't bite."
Catching Tyson's teasing smile, Koaru grinned back shyly before running his finger hesitantly over the buttons of his shirt.
It's okay...Tyson's my friend.... He's no stranger, he won't look down upon me.
Removing his shirt with weaving finger-like movements, Koaru began to strip down to his shorts.
He felt vulnerable without his clothes and instantly the cool air of the evening began to chill his skin. With goosebumps prickling over his pale skin,he rubbed his hands over over his toned shoulders.
His slender body held a fragile sort of beauty to it, while the intricately inked dragon of the Kenshinryu wove down his side fiercely.
Reassuring himself with a calming breath, he gazed towards Tyson with crimson blushed cheeks.
“It's colder out here than what I thought”, he commented wearily before quietly stepping into the heated water.
Once the soothing sensation of water ran over his shoulders, Koaru felt relaxation enclose him like a warm blanket. Closing his eyes in simple bliss as he let his hair fall loose around his shoulders and down his back.
This really is nice...cleansing and refreshing. I can feel the blood and filth slowly slip from from my hands
Feeling a little more comfortable in front of Tyson, Koaru began to scrub away the dirt from his hair and skin. Combing his elegant fingers through his inky hair, Koaru caught Tyson's eye. Winking towards his gorgeous friend, he offered kindly, “Would you mind if I washed your back for you?”
The offer was strange and even Koaru felt little surprised by his words.
His eyes instinctively fell to the cuts and burns that ran along Tyson's muscles and through his tanned skin.
Rubbing a hand behind his neck with mild awkwardness, he added with thoughtful concern, “Some of your burns are still hurting you aren't they?...The water would aid in healing up the scars”
Smiling with reassurance to his manner, Koaru wadded towards Tyson's side like a mermaid through the water.
Running his soft finger's down the man's spin with gentle movements, Koaru began to washed away both the scars and the dirt from Tyson's back.
As he summoned up some of the purified water to his aid, he began to massage it into the wounds with the knowledge of a healer.
Removing the scaring seemed to bring Koaru some peace of mind and he worked carefully. Silently appreciating the silky texture of Tyson's Arabian skin beneath his fingers. The worry he had felt over Tyson's state slowly began to ease and he mused with a gentle smile.
Someone as lovely as you, shouldn't don the scars of war...you are prince and my dearest friend .I wouldn't allow it
Running a final hand over his finished work, Koaru stood back and commented cheerfully, “Looks good... Do you feel a bit better?”
Brushing back his damp bangs from his face, Koaru slipped his supple torso back into the comforting warmth of the water. He felt happy and that showed upon his feminine features, lighting them up with an innocent glow.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:30 am

Tyson was lying back in the water, eyes closed, but he looked up when he heard a disturbance in the surface of the water, and his eyes fell upon Koaru's beautiful, pale skin as he slipped into the water. Tyson's eyes tracked the progress of the inked dragon on his side before it vanished into the water, and his eyes narrowed slightly in thought.
A Kenshinryu... And one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen. Who would have thought? Lost in thought, Tyson didn't notice his friend's discomfort, nor his elegantly flushed cheeks, and he only looked up when Koaru's voice finally broke through his thoughts.
“Would you mind if I washed your back for you?”
"Hm?" Tyson grunted distractedly, casting Koaru a questioning glance. Before he could consider the offer, his friend had started moving toward him. "I can do it." Tyson objected, "Frowning, it's fine. Don't-" When he felt Koaru's hands on his back, Tyson sighed, and muttered with a resigned flick of his hand, "Oh, okay then. Have at it." It was obvious that there was no point objecting. Koaru was going to do it anyway, and Tyson supposed he didn't really mind.
“Some of your burns are still hurting you aren't they...?" Koaru asked, causing Tyson to raise his head suspiciously, "The water would aid in healing up the scars.”
"It doesn't matter, I'm used to it." He said firmly, "You should save your..." He felt Koaru's fingers trace over his scars, and rolled his eyes in annoyance. His words were clearly not getting through to Koaru, and he could not be bothered fighting a losing battle.
"Oh fine." He growled under his breath, turning his head away while Koaru worked cheerfully at the scars on his back. He had to admit, the feeling of his friends gentle fingers running over his spine was a welcome one, and despite his objections, he felt his shoulders drop an inch in relaxation. Bowing his head, Tyson closed his eyes, and finally allowed himself to enjoy the massaging feeling of Koaru washing his back. Just as he was becoming accustomed to the contact, Koaru stopped and, running a hand over Tyson's back, said, “Looks good... Do you feel a bit better?”
"Mm." Tyson nodded, glancing back at Koaru with a grateful half-smile, "Thank you."
He rolled his shoulders, and let himself relax back into the water, glad to have his space to himself again. Kind as Koaru's actions were, Tyson was not used to being touched and coddled. Sometimes he found it difficult to appreciate it as he knew he should.
His relaxed gaze fell upon his beautiful companion, and he studied Koaru silently as he slipped into the clear water. As it always did, his friend's beauty enchanted him, and Tyson found himself watching the man in quiet wonderment.
The womanly beauty was a strange thing to see in a man, but it was that exact uniqueness that held Tyson's fascination. Koaru was something entirely different, both inside and out. It was a refreshing concept to a cynic like him, who had learned to see the whole world in grey.
"Good to relax at last, isn't it...?" He mused softly, feeling his lips slip into a smile as he took note of the contentment in Koaru's dainty features. "It's nice to see a real smile on your face for once." I've been getting a little sick of the fake one.
Tyson's brown eyes lifted upwards, staring at the glowing crescent moon in the sky. Given his usually uncaring nature, it was strange that he had noticed the falseness to Koaru's perpetual smile, but stranger still was the fact that he had chosen to mention it.
He was certainly more observant than he seemed, and for the first time in a long time, he cared about somebody enough to take note of those observations. He truly had become fond of his strange, ever-smiling companion. It would be a shame to say goodbye.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:52 pm

"Good to relax at last, isn't it?”, Tyson seemed to murmured as his lips curled into a handsome smile.
The man's change in attitude seemed to rub off on Koaru.
Relaxed at last, Koaru felt his eyelids slowly slide closed as he breathed in deeply and leaned back against the edge of the spring, mimicking Tyson's pose.
Thoughtfully he replied, “Your right, this really is nice.... It kinda feels like washing away your troubles I guess”
Smiling once more in simple bliss, he felt the soothing sensation of steaming water wash warmly over his tense shoulders.
"It's nice to see a real smile on your face for once.", Tyson commented observantly, his words kind but almost blunt in their manner as they caught Koaru off guard.
Flicking his eyes open cheerfully, Koaru gaze up at Tyson. Considering his strange statement with perked interest as he silently traced his fingertips over his lips.
“Hmm...What a strange thing for you to say.”, He thought aloud before allowing a small chuckling to escape his lips, “I guess it must have become a habit over time”
Flicking his damps bangs away from his eyes, Koaru cupped his hands together. Scooping up a handful of warm water, he washed the last of dirt from his placid face.
Feeling completely clean and refreshed, Koaru was about to slip back into his relaxed daze beside Tyson.
However before he could do so something new seemed to catch his attention.
The rowdy calls and shouts of few drunken men, echoed loudly from a nearby guest room. Furrowing his eyebrows with concern, Koaru seemed to tense slightly. Their disruptive behavior seemed to break the peaceful aura that hung over the hot springs and taking on a surprisingly anxious manner, Koaru arched his neck to the side to catch a quick glance towards a few oncoming strangers.
Laughing loudly through thick, slurred voices, Koaru picked up the sharp scent of alcohol that emanated from the skins. Traveling in small group, were four men. Bulky, muscular and generally heavy in appearance, they wadded into a pool close by to the one Tyson and Koaru had claimed.

Discomfort seemed to filled Koaru as he took in the unwelcomed sight of the other men. Their bellowed laughter and crude remarks were enough to repulse any sober person, and things only seemed to worsen when they caught sight of Koaru.
Gaining a flirtatious wink from one and a wolf-like whistle from another, Koaru felt his cheeks flush beet-red with shamed embarrassment.
Turning his gaze quickly towards Tyson, he smiled weakly before murmuring,“I'm going to head back to the room, It's getting a little crowded here”
Not waiting for a reply, Koaru grabbed a firm hold his crumpled shirt. Pulling it on hastily over his wet torso, he covered up his chest. There was vulnerability in his soft eyes and it hadn't seemed to occur to him that he had dressed while still standing in the spring pool.
Soaked but still clothed, Koaru gazed at his odd situation with some realization. Shaking off his foolish action, he stepped out of the spring with agile grace.
Throwing a quick grin back towards Tyson, he muttered quickly, “I'll see you back at the room...”
Turning to walk away, Koaru felt his heart sink slightly as he disappeared into darkness of the gardens.

Once Koaru made his way back to their bedroom, some relief seemed to settle over him.
Touching a hand to his soaked clothing, Koaru wrinkled his nose with displeasure.
Such a foolish action, trust me to change while in a water...I guess I did panic a little though
Shaking his head with mild disbelief, Koaru found himself automatically walking towards the bathroom.
A dry set of clothes had been laid out inside the room and keen to change, Koaru took hold of them gratefully, Not bothering to question their origin.
With the bathroom door closed and his privacy restored, Koaru began stripping off his soaked combat rags, drying away the droplets water that clung to his skin with a soft white towel.

When he had finally finished dressing, he padded towards the bathroom door, Unlocking it with a satisfying click.
Stepping back into the bedroom area, Koaru felt some his confidence return to him. His nakedness had felt him feeling far too vulnerable and he had hated that entirely.
Straighten up the black silk collar of his kimono, Koaru padded elegantly over to where the small tea table had been set. It lay empty for the time being, but his attention wasn't on the empty teacups, rather it was on his grumpy looking companion sitting behind the opposite end of the table.
Kneeling down with the simple skill of a geisha, Koaru nodded a timid greeting towards Tyson.
“Hello again my friend...you look some what happy”
Their was a slight hopefulness to Koaru's tone as traced his eyes gently over Tyson's clearly displeased features.
Not keen to talk over what happened back at the hot spring, Koaru pressed on, “Would you like some tea? I hear that the leaves used in these parts are known for aiding in chakra restoration.”
Tracing his delicate fingers over the teapot's handle, Koaru removed the lid to peer inside to the pot curiously. Noticing the lack of water and tea inside, he rolled his eyes with mild annoyance.
“Empty?...Don't worry I'll go get some more from the Kitchen. ”
Taking a gentle hold of the teapot, Koaru winked pleasantly at Tyson, before padding out into the hall way.

((Koaru's got a thing for tea^^ I wonder where he got that from tongue ))
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 am

Tyson was quite content, sitting in silent relaxation beside him companion, before the loud, raucous laughter of a group of drunkards shattered the peace. Wrinkling his nose in distaste, Tyson cast them a disdainful glance, clearly revolted.
Really... How uncouth.
Pointedly ignoring them, Tyson slipped deeper into the water, closing his eyes against the eyesore in the next pool. He got only a few seconds of peace, however, because his acute hearing caught a snitch of a whistle, and he his eyes flashed open dangerously, blazing with fire as he cast a mutinous glare toward the next pool. It pissed him off when people treated his friend like some helpless woman. If they only knew who they were messing with, perhaps they would not be quite so quick to poke the bear.
Still, annoyed as he was, Tyson did not consider it worth his effort to become involved. It was Koaru's battle, and he could fight it himself. The drunks were a disgrace, but they weren't hurting anybody.
“I'm going to head back to the room," Koaru murmured suddenly, "It's getting a little crowded here.”
Tyson just nodded in response. He had expected to hear something like that.
He glanced up as Koaru began dressing, and his brows drew together when he noticed the water soaking his friend's shirt.
Had he intended to dress while still in the spring.
"Um... Koaru..." Tyson began delicately, making a polite gesture toward the water.
“I'll see you back at the room...” Koaru spoke up, cutting him off as he stepped out of the water, and offered a shaky grin. Again, Tyson just shrugged, and left Koaru to go back to the room alone.
A short while later, he followed suit.

When he reached the room, now fully-clothed, Koaru was changing in the bathroom, so Tyson selected a spot on the couch, and slumped down there to wait, his face in its usual hard expression. He looked up when Koaru entered, narrowing his eyes slightly at the man's attire. It was not the first time that he had been surprised by how good Koaru looked in a kimono... But those thoughts were some that he would most certainly keep to himself.
“Hello again my friend..." Koaru greeted him with hopeful cheer, kneeling down at the table opposite him with feminine grace, "You look somewhat happy.”
"Do I?" He asked with a distinct lack of interest, studying his fingernails in a haughty fashion.
“Would you like some tea? I hear that the leaves used in these parts are known for aiding in chakra restoration.”
More pleased by this conversation, Tyson looked up, casting Koaru a curious glance.
"A tea that restores chakra?" He questioned, shifting closer with interest, "What leaves does it use, anyway...?"
As he moved in to look, he heard Koaru mutter that it was empty, so he leaned back again, faintly disappointed, until his friend offered to fetch some more from the kitchen.
Feeling a spark of gratitude flicker through him, Tyson nodded his thanks, and offered a small smile.
"If it really does aid in chakra restoration, then I could certainly use some." He said, rubbing his chin wearily, "See you soon, Koaru."
He watched his friend leave, and once Koaru was gone, Tyson took it upon himself to make arrangements for their dinner. The inn served their own meals - somewhat to Tyson's disappointment - but they agreed to deliver the buffet to the room. And frankly, Tyson was looking forward to a good, hot meal...

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:01 pm

“...Don't try to live so wise. Don't cry 'cause you're so right. Don't dry with fakes or fears...Cause you will hate yourself in the end.”
Humming quietly to himself, Koaru padded down the empty hallway towards the Kitchen area. His hands were occupied with balancing the tea tray between delicate fingers and mouthing the lyrics to a song he had once heard so many years ago as a child.
Gently nudging open the Kitchen door with his foot, Koaru stepped inside curiously. The new world around him bustled with steam, hissing pots and animated chefs all working vigorously at the stations. The delicious spicy scents of food seemed to engulf Koaru for a moment and realizing his hunger, he thought back over his silent roommate.
He's eaten as little as I have...I better hurry up. At least with some tea in his stomach, he'll feel better
Catching the eye of pretty young girl, Koaru conversed with her for a moment before politely thanking her as she replaced the empty teapot on the tray with a new one.
Breathing in the soothing scent that wafted up from then herbal liquid, Koaru felt his lips curve into a simple smile of satisfaction.
The brew is strong, but holds a minty freshness to it. I wonder if Tyson will like it?

Making his back way down the hallway towards his room, Koaru paid little attention to his surroundings as he mulled thoughtfully over Tyson and all he had learned about him. His friend's past had really caught him by surprise and it was with a soft smile that Koaru thought, He's like a prince...
Unaware of the trouble slowly approaching him, Koaru turned his head thoughtfully as a vague unfamiliar voice called to him.
“Ello Sweetness”
His eyes widened in simple shock as a strange hand suddenly clasped firmly around his arm.
Spinning around on his heel, Koaru came face to face with the familiar lot of drunkards he had run into at the springs. The foul scent of alcohol hung heavy upon their breath and Koaru wrinkled his nose in clear repulsion as the man clutching his arm leaned in closer.
“Well look what we ave ere mates, pretty little thing ain’t she?”
Feeling a sweaty finger trace down his delicate throat, Koaru gasped in alarm before pulling away.
“I'm not a woman, please let me go”, he murmured quickly, shuddering slightly as he took in the stupid animal-like expressions of the three men surrounding him.

Stepping backwards, Koaru tried to loosen the man's grip that lay like an iron shackle around his arm. Much to his dismay, his struggling got him no where and in turn he fell clumsily into the arms of a second man.
“Ey Brutus! you always pick the feisty ones don't cha?”, The second drunkard chirped in as his rough hands snaked greedily around Koaru's shoulders, steadying him, but threatening to loosen his kimono through straying fingers.
This isn't good...
“Don't touch me!”, Koaru snapped as he harshly shrugged off the man's touch. Stepping forward with uncertainty, Koaru felt his grip over the tray slacken as a third contender shoved him teasingly towards the obvious ring leader of the group; Brutus.
“Ey! She's getting away. Guess your charms ain't working on her Brutus. The little minx says she'd rather have me”
With a harsh shattering crash, the tea tray fell to the floor in bits and pieces, followed by the sound of raucous laughter as the three men pulled and tugged flirtatiously at Koaru's clothing.
It was clear from the entertained expressions upon their faces, that this was all just some cruel game and that Koaru was simply their toy of choice.

“No...I said stop it! Let me go!”, Koaru cried out desperately as he fought them back with increasing strength. The game was getting out of hand quickly and feeling the unwelcomed sensation of strange hands brush against his thighs, He narrowed his eyes in retaliation. Lashing out at the closest stranger with an open hand, Koaru knocked the man to the floor with frightening force.

“AH! You B*tch! That F*cking hurt!”
Cursing hotly, the drunkard struggled clumsily to his feet before backing away from Koaru with wild eyes.
Staring towards the man with threat, Koaru suddenly cried out in pain as Brutus came at him from behind. Grabbing a fistful of purple hair, The man pulled viciously at the strands for control. Forcing Koaru down to his knees like a horse under reigns.
Wincing with clear pain, Koaru clenched his teeth painfully, “Don't you dare touch me...”
Clicking his tongue with some annoyance, Brutus loomed over him like a greedy sow. Pressing a thick finger to Koaru's soft lips as he began to speak, “Hush now pretty thing...your gonna pay for what cha did to my mate...So don't cha going telling me about what I can and can not do”
Struggling to pull away, Brutus clung to his hair like a fool to gold, forcing him into obedience.
Koaru felt his cheeks flush with burning shame and embarrassment as the frightening sensation of the man's cold touch crept hungrily over his torso.
The vulnerability Koaru felt seemed to awaken a rather faint part of his unconscious Malakai state, and in turn the spilled tea that pooled beneath Koaru's barefeet and hands seemed to prickle in response. Slowly rising and falling as they began to form into flaring needles. The unconscious Jutsu lay ready to spill unnecessary blood if Brutus pressed Koaru any further.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:51 am

After Koaru had left, Tyson found himself doing what he always did when his friend was not with him: sitting around on the couch, doodling aimlessly in the back of his notepad. At first he was relaxed, rather enjoying his solitude, and the lines flowed easily from his pen. Once he had been waiting a while, however, Tyson began to grow agitated. It had been ten minutes, and Koaru still had not returned. His lines became harder, sketchier, and Tyson frowned in frustration as he struggled with the blotting ink.
"Tch." He spat frustratedly, ripping off the page with a scowl and crumpling it up. He lobbed it across the room, where it hit the opposite wall and bounced innocently to the floor.
Meanwhile, Tyson had stood up, and fastened his hidden weapon belt about his waist. Something was wrong. He could sense a disturbance in Koaru's chakra, and he was growing worried about his companion.
Fighting back frightening images of the Sand attacking his friend in his absence, Tyson left the room, slamming the door shut behind him, and strode briskly down the corridor, heading toward the familiar, fluctuating chakra.
Hang on Koaru, I'm coming.

Even as Tyson prowled on with increasing anxiety, he still tried to convince himself that the premonition he felt was all in his head, but the longer he took to reach his destination, the more urgent Koaru's chakra seemed to become.
When he sensed a particularly frightening lurch in the power, Tyson broke into a jog, eyebrows pulling together worriedly.
Picking up speed quickly, he rounded a corner, and skidded to a stop to see Koaru kneeling on the ground, surrounded by a group of drunken fools, who seemed to be growing rowdier by the second.
His world seemed to stand still for a moment as he watched, unnoticed by the group, while the man holding Koaru reached greedily around his chest.
They think he's a woman.
Understanding hit Tyson with the force of a falling brick and, without missing a beat, he yanked a kunai from his belt, and flicked it towards Koaru's oppressor. The man called Brutus yelped in surprise when it skimmed his hand, taking a ribbon of blood with it as it slammed into the ground, embedding itself in the floor.
"Oi! You coulda took my hand off!" Brutus growled, his fist clenching more tightly around Koaru's hair as he swung his snarling face toward Tyson. He had bulbous red cheeks which nearly obscured his tiny, piggy eyes, and his jowls quivered when he spoke like a slobbering bulldog. Tyson wrinkled his nose in disgust at the sight.
"Step away." He said calmly, drawing another kunai as he slowly approached.
"Make me."
Tyson raised an eyebrow, his shoulders dropping an inch as he considered this challenge. Sighing as if it was the most tiresome chore he had ever encountered, Tyson tightened his grip on the kunai and replied, "Very well."
I won't have you messing with my friend, you filthy swine.
Brutus grunted to one of his friends to keep Koaru under control, then turned back face Tyson. Finding the man suddenly mere inches away from him, he staggered backwards in surprise, but before he could even react, Tyson had grabbed him by the collar.
"Scum like you is unworthy of my skill." He snapped irritably, and with that, he drew back a fist, and punched Brutus hard between the eyes. Tyson felt his nose snap.
Spewing blood from each nostril, Brutus staggered back, howling, and shouts of outrage went up from his friends.
Forgetting about Koaru completely, they advanced on Tyson, but then he turned on them.
As the man's eyes flashed a murderous shade of red, his attackers froze, shifting back fearfully. They shot one another nervous glances, then muttered some rude comments, took Brutus by the arm, and hurried away. Tyson did not pursue.
Instead, he stretched his fingers, flicking the pain from his hand irritably, and approached his kneeling friend.
"I can't leave you alone for a moment, can I?" He asked gently, reaching out to help Koaru to his feet. It was shocking that a man who had been so utterly callous a moment ago could suddenly seem so warm, and frankly, Tyson even surprised himself at first. Then again, he supposed he should have expected it. After all, he had come to care deeply for his strange, feminine friend.
"I don't understand why you wouldn't just cut their filthy fingers off and send them on their way." He grumbled, his fiery eyes avoiding Koaru's as he briskly brushed the dirt from his friend's shoulders, and tweaked his clothes fussily back into place.
"We both know you could have taken their heads in an instant." He met Koaru's gaze at last, scolding firmly, "You should look after yourself a little more, you know. What's going to become of you when I leave if you're acting like this?"
He flicked his fingers, indicating Koaru's passive attitude, and held the man's gaze for a moment. Seeing how shaken his poor friend seemed, Tyson sighed, and with a shake of his head, he decided to let it go.
"Come on." He murmured, giving Koaru's shoulder a gentle push, "Let's head back."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:19 am

Still struggling against his drunken oppressors, Koaru pressed in his eyes shut in stubborn defeat as Brutus proceeded to toy with his clothing. The man's dirty finger's crept over his skin like thick damp slugs and instinctively Koaru's skin prickled with repulsed fear.
He's beyond reason...I want him to stop, but I... What should I do? I can't cut down an unarmed man...it's against our ways. I'd break my own clan's rules
Feeling Brutus's grip on his hair tighten, Koaru gasped painfully. His humiliation growing with each passing second.
I'm not a woman...So why is that people treat me this way? Why is it that I can't fight back?

A sharp cutting sound sliced past Koaru's ear and opening his eyes with sudden alarm. Koaru gazed up and grimaced as a ribbon of crimson blood glittered down his Brutus's wrist, tainting his own pale cheek as it dripped down in pretty droplets.
Yelping in pain, the boarish man threw an ugly glance towards his attacker, tightening his grip around Koaru as he face off against Tyson.

Tyson?!
Catching the intent look in Tyson’s burning eyes, Koaru hid his head behind bangs of shame. His situation had left him helpless and despite the relief he felt towards seeing his ever loyal companion. Koaru couldn’t help but feel embarrassed by the pathetic situation he had fallen victim to.

"Step away.", Tyson commanded calmly, his fingers tightening around a second Kunai as he approached.
Unwise and unfazed, Brutus growled a coy response, "Make me."
Panic rushed through Koaru's veins and struggling violently in Brutus grip, Koaru stammered desperately, “Release me! Don't you dare harm my friend”
Some fight had returned to him, but still he could not loosen Brutus's strong hold over him.
Breathing heavily, Koaru clenched his teeth in frustration, before gazing towards Tyson with a weaken expression.
Your far stronger than this fool Tyson, but to tarnish you hands on my part is just too much.

"Very well.", Tyson seemed to murmured as he considered Brutus's challenge. There was clear boredom to his tone and before Koaru could even protest, Brutus released him, shoving roughly aside. Falling into the forceful grip of Brutus's two lackeys and Koaru tried to shift away from their touch, but much to his dismay they held him firmly in check.
Unable to do much with his emotions in disarray, Koaru took to the alternative as he attempted to calm himself.
Swallowing back his fear, he turned his glossy eyes on Tyson. Biting his lip anxiously, he watched the two men confront each other.
"Scum like you is unworthy of my skill.", Tyson snapped irritably, suddenly stepping in front of Brutus with unseen movement.
Tyson' bulky opponent seemed startled by the man's sudden approach and stumbled backwards in an desperate attempt to gain some ground.
Unimpressed, Tyson's hand darted out like a snake baring it's fangs, Snatching at Brutus's Collar with lighting-like reflexes.
Feeling his nerves knot inside his stomach, Koaru watched on silently as Tyson drew back a threatening fist.
A thackinging sound echoed the impact of Tyson's fist to Brutus's nose, followed by a painful bellow as the beastly man staggered backwards clumsily.
It was gory sight and Koaru narrowed his eyes thoughtfully as blood trickled down from the man's shatter nose.
Yells of outrage and distress seemed to cloud the chaos over head and feeling the grip of his enemies slacken slightly, Koaru pulled himself from their hold. Stumbling away from them, he dropped to his knees weakly. His own shaking legs refusing to take him any further.

In the meantime, His enemies had turned their attention to Tyson.
That would be a foolish mistake, Look what has happen to your leader...
For a moment it looked as they were actually considering to take the man on, however after Tyson's murderous red eyes traced over them, they seemed to reconsider their lives.
Turning tail to run, they scooped up their fallen leader, dragging him away and leaving Tyson and Koaru alone in the corridor.
It's over for now...thank God
Sighing with some relief, Koaru felt his arms tremble with fear. His expression had lapsed back into it's usual calm pose, but as hard as he tried, he simply couldn’t halt the trembling from his limbs.
God I'm pathetic...I'm trembling so much, my legs won't carry me... I can't get up
Gazing up towards Tyson's outstretched fingers with slight surprise, Koaru took note of the strange warmth his companion held. The change in attitude left him slightly unnerved, but he understood the attitude a warrior needed to hold when in battle. He understood it all too well.
With a gentle hand, Tyson took hold of his arm, pulling him up to his feet and steadying him as he staggered slightly.
"I can't leave you alone for a moment, can I?", Tyson asked gently, avoiding Koaru's gaze stubbornly as he began to brush away the dirt from his clothes.
Trained in his ways, Koaru took up his calm pose, a clear trace of concern tainting his lips as he narrowed his eyes, “I- I'm sorry Tyson, I didn't mean to cause you so much trouble. I just-”
His apologetic murmuring halted when Tyson cut him short. "I don't understand why you wouldn't just cut their filthy fingers off and send them on their way." .
Blushing silently at the amount of care Tyson put into tweaking his clothes back in to place, Koaru felt a weak but grateful smile shift across his lips.
"We both know you could have taken their heads in an instant.", Tyson pressed on.
Dropping his gaze to the floor, Koaru's smile slipped slowly from his lips as he mulled over the helplessness he had shown.
“I should've stopped them but...they were unarmed, it's not in our way to fight the unarmed”, he murmured softly as he met the scolding gaze Tyson held. His friend didn't look all that pleased and replied firmly, "You should look after yourself a little more, you know. What's going to become of you when I leave if you're acting like this?"
Tyson's scolding was far from harsh, but authoritative never the less and Koaru appreciated his friend's concern more than what he even thought possible.
Feeling a small flicker of hope return to him and smiling warmly Koaru murmured, “I guess I...I don't know”
He was still badly shaken from his near rape experience and trembling silently behind his smile, Koaru widened his eyes in slight in surprise when Tyson's hand gently brushed his shoulder.
"Come on...Let's head back.”
Allowing his friend to led him back to their room, Koaru felt his feelings for Tyson deepen. Nobody had ever dared to care for him as Tyson had done. It something he would not easily forget.

When Koaru returned to the room, he was met with the various spicy scents of cooked rice and savory meat. Tracing his eyes over the meal that had been set up, he turned curiously to Tyson, “Looks good doesn't it? Hope your hungry my friend... ”
Sitting down neatly on one of the cushions, Koaru's focused his attention on the food before him. He still felt sick from shock, but understanding his unpredictable role as a ninja, Koaru picked up his chopsticks and bowl.
Now's not the time to scorn food...after all I can never tell when my next me will be
Scooping up a small portion of rice and spiced chicken, he then bowed his head in thanks, muttering a barely audible pray to a God even he didn't believe in.

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:12 am

The pair headed back to the room together, and as they walked, Tyson stuck close to Koaru's side, protective as ever. At his side, his right hand still lay balled in a fist, refusing to uncurl even long after the fight was over. It had bothered him greatly, seeing his poor friend hurt and humiliated for the crude entertainment of such inferior beings. The injustice of it all turned his stomach, and even when they arrived back at the room, Tyson still seemed faintly irked. It was unlike him to be so bothered by something for so long - in fact it was unlike him to be bothered at all - but when it came to Koaru, he was not always completely like himself. It was simple, really. Koaru had showed him true friendship, and in return, Tyson had come to care deeply for him, even despite his incurable cynicism.

Shoving open the door, Tyson strode into the room, and uttered a soft sound of satisfaction at the sight of the food laid out on the table. At least one thing was going to plan, then.
Uncurling the fist at his side, Tyson released his frustrations with a sigh, and retreated to the bathroom to wash his hands before the meal. It would not do to eat with blood on his hands.
As the cold water streamed over his rough palms, Tyson felt the frustration slowly leave him, and somewhere deep inside him, the Kyuubi began to quieten, returning at last to its perpetual slumber.
Relieved, Tyson closed the tap, then dried his hands briefly on one of the soft, white towels folded in the bathroom, and walked back out into the main room, taking up a cushion opposite Koaru.
“Looks good doesn't it?" The man commented, "Hope you're hungry, my friend...”
Tyson did not reply, but simply lifted his chopsticks and began filling a bowl with food, blatantly ignoring Koaru's prayers. He refused to involve himself in a notion as foolish as religion - the idea that there was some deity ruling both the worlds and the universe was simply incomprehensible to him. It was a ridiculous concept - a fairytale invented to keep the weak from falling victim to their own insecurities.
And speaking of insecurity...
His eyes fell upon Koaru, and he watched intently as his friend gripped his chopsticks with shaking fingers. Tyson pressed his lips together, then snatched up a bottle of sake from across the table, and poured two large glasses.
"Here." He said, pushing one toward Koaru, "Stop pretending you're okay." He met his friend's eyes defiantly, "You're not fooling anyone here, so cut it out, and have a drink."
As if to emphasize his point, he raised his own glass, and took a deep gulp of sake, savouring the burning sensation that raced down his throat.

After that, Tyson began to eat, and with his hunger sated and his nerves calmed by alcohol, he soon began to relax and enjoy himself once more. Koaru, for his part, seemed to be feeling vastly better after his glass of sake, giggles jumping readily from his lips at every opportunity, and Tyson could only smile at his friend's drunken state. Honestly, he found the man's utter inability to hold his alcohol amusingly endearing.
"You're a little drunk, aren't you?" He teased, smirking handsomely at Koaru from across the table, "I'm glad to see you feeling better, at least... You worry me sometimes, you know." His smile sobered slightly, but his expression remained warm as he added, "Really, I wish you'd worry about yourself a little more. It would certainly make my life a whole lot easier."
He smiled, and shot his friend a brief wink as he took downed the last dregs of his sake, feeling the warmth inside him grow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:01 am

Nibbling passively at at a mouthful of rice, Koaru raised his eyebrows curiously when Tyson suddenly pushed a large glassful of sake towards him.
"Here.", he offered stubbornly.
Swallowing his food politely before he spoke, Koaru stared at the glass with slight hesitance. Furrowing his eyebrows at the sight of the potent clear liquid, he politely declined the offer.
“I'm fine thanks...I'm not very good with alcohol”
Smiling sweetly, Koaru would have stuck to his choice if it hadn't been for the defiant glare Tyson gave him.
"Stop pretending you're okay...You're not fooling anyone here, so cut it out, and have a drink."
Feeling the smile on his lips waver for a moment, Koaru became acutely aware of the fact that his hands were still trembling violently from shock. Blushing slightly in response he watched as Tyson downed his own glass of sake, finishing it in a single dignified gulp.
Surely one drink won't hurt...If it'll help me calm down, then maybe I should just go with it
Raising his glass to Tyson in thanks, Koaru smiled politely, “If you insist, then I guess I have no choice...Cheers”
Mimicking Tyson in technique, Koaru downed the sake in a single gulp. Feeling the rather potent burning sensation of alcohol on his throat, Koaru coughed for a moment as he tried to over come the foul taste it left in his mouth.
“It's so bitter!”, he squeaked in giggling protest as he tried to fight back a few repulsed tears.
Once he had become numb to the taste, he wiped away the remaining moisture from his eyes.
That stuff really is awful...at least I feel a bit better though.
Turning his attention back to the feast that lay before him. Koaru felt his appetite suddenly return to him.
With the sake relaxing his muscles and halting the trembling in his hands, Koaru giggled cheerfully as he skillfully picked at various sections of platters and meats. His intelligent eyes were sharp as ever and the false smile that once tainted his lips had fallen away completely, Leaving behind simple bliss in it's absence.

As the two friends ate their meals together, Koaru soon found himself unable to hold back the melody-like giggle that tainted his speak. The after effects of the sake had gradually begun to kick in, Leaving Koaru warmed and cheerful in nature.
A deep shade of crimson ran neatly across his pale nose and cheeks, enhancing his beauty as he gazed after Tyson through half-hidden glances and affectionate smiles.
"You're a little drunk, aren't you?", his handsome companion seemed to tease. Shaking his head in cute defiance, Koaru protested through a repressed giggle, “Am not, I am so very sober”
Placing his chopsticks neatly across his empty bowl to emphasize his point, Koaru then gazed back towards Tyson, his eyes flickering beneath his long dark lashes.
A devilish smirk seemed to play upon Tyson's perfect lips and taking in his friend's gorgeously shape features, Koaru felt his appreciation for companion grow.
Dignified, Handsome and brave...I wish I could tell him how wonderful he is. He's everything I wish I could be and more
Smiling silently to himself, Koaru cradled a hand shyly to his chest. He could feel his own heart-beat flutter like a little bird inside his chest.
"I'm glad to see you feeling better, at least... You worry me sometimes, you know."
Tyson's soft words had caught Koaru off guard and blushing heavily at the concern in his friend's voice, Koaru replied thoughtfully, “Tyson...You're too kind for your own good”
Meeting Tyson's smile with an honest one of his own, Koaru clenched his hand tightly to his heart as Tyson pressed on,"Really, I wish you'd worry about yourself a little more. It would certainly make my life a whole lot easier."
Despite the clear tease to Tyson's tone, Koaru's deep gray deep seemed to gloss over with faint traces of tears.
“I guess it is an a bit of an inconvenience, isn't it?...I-I'm sorry”, He mumbled softly.
Shifting closer towards Tyson, Koaru reached out hesitantly to trace his soft finger's down Tyson's cheek.
His eyes flickered for a moment with child-like innocence and wordlessly he fell into Tyson's arms. Wrapping his own arms tightly around his friend's neck as they overbalanced and fell clumsily to the floor.
Burying his face into Tyson's chest, Koaru pinned Tyson beneath him.
Feeling his frail shoulders shake with emotion as he murmured apologetically, “I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you... I won't be a burden anymore. I'll try harder...I swear I will”
It was clear that his drunken state had left his emotion’s fluctuating and wiping away his crimson tears onto his silken sleeves, Koaru swallowed heavily, “It's just that...Your the best thing that happened to me Tyson...When I'm with you I'm not lonely or sad anymore. Your my best friend...and I-”
With his heart-beat pulsing wildly inside his chest, Koaru pressed his eyes shut as he tried to ignore the deep blush still that lay plastered over his pallid cheeks.
Unable to hold back his emotions, Koaru leaned in closer towards Tyson, his tears gently dripping down onto his companion's tanned cheeks. With words so quiet, they were barely a whisper, Koaru confessed his hidden feelings in three simple words, “I love you...”
Without shame or fear to hold him back, Koaru felt the anxiety in his heart prickled like a flame as he pressed his soft lips to Tyson's. Kissing the man with all the emotion he kept hidden behind his affection glances and false smiles.
Breathing heavily as they lips touched, Koaru felt his senses burn with intense passion as their forbidden kiss deepened. It was a strange sensation that seemed to numb out all the pains and concerns in his heart. Every thought, feeling and impulse seemed to be focused on Tyson. And in that moment Koaru felt as though his entire world had only ever revolved around that man. Nothing else existed, reality seemed to like a mere fantasy in comparison.

Running his fingertips through the Tyson's silky soft hair, Koaru seemed to loose himself his daze, only coming to his senses when the last of his oxygen threatened to leave him ill and light-headed.
Slowly pulling away from his companion's lips, Koaru blinked for moment in utter shock. His eyes were wide with realization and reality came back to him like a cold slap in the face, sobering him up quicker that what he had even thought possible.
Gazing down into Tyson's eyes like a deer in headlights, Koaru felt cold fear leach away at the warmth that had filled him merely seconds ago.
Oh God...what have I done
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:03 am

When he replaced his empty glass on the table and looked at Koaru, Tyson was rather horrified to find his friend gazing back at him with tearful eyes. “What?” He asked dumbly, his eyes widening in shock. “I guess it is an a bit of an inconvenience, isn't it…?” Koaru mumbled guiltily, ”I-I'm sorry.”
“Koaru, I didn’t mean it like…” Before he could finish his sentence, Tyson felt a tender touch on his cheek. The subtle sensation sent shock rocketing through him, settling as an odd tingling in his fingertips. Hissing in annoyance, he pushed Koaru’s hand aside.
“I’m not upset with you, you fool.” He huffed, the irritation clear in his voice, despite what he’d said. Luckily, his words never reached the ears of his drunken companion,
for the very next moment, Koaru was toppling into his arms. Tyson caught him with a grunt, but as the man’s arms latched onto his neck, the limp weight began dragging Tyson down, and he overbalanced, toppling to the ground in Koaru’s embrace. He winced as he struck the floor, winded by Koaru’s weight on his chest, and uttered a soft sound of displeasure.
“I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you...” Koaru’s muffled voice mumbled as he sobbed into Tyson’s chest, ”I won't be a burden anymore. I'll try harder... I swear I will.”
Blinking awkwardly, Tyson gave his friend’s shaking shoulders a brief, comforting pat.
“You’re not a burden.” He assured his friend firmly, “Now for God’s sake, pull yourself together, man!”

However, try as he might, Koaru remained oblivious to Tyson's words, and after wiping his red-tinged tears on his sleeve, the man added in a shaky voice, “It's just that...You’re the best thing that happened to me, Tyson...When I'm with you I'm not lonely or sad anymore. You’re my best friend...and I-”
“Fantastic.” Tyson grunted, stubbornly ignoring the blush on the beautiful featured looming over him as he interrupted, “Now get off me.”
He shifted beneath Koaru’s heavy, drunken weight, but still his friend refused to listen, and Tyson remained pinned down. Now, however, a strong sense of unease was rapidly spreading through him. Though he avoided Koaru’s eyes, he could not escape the intensity of them, and somewhere deep down, he knew what his friend was about to say. It had been a long time coming, and frankly, Tyson had suspected for a while that Koaru’s feelings for him might stretch beyond the limits of friendship.
“Don’t say it.” he warned, eyes narrowing savagely as his companion lowered his blushing face until it was inches from Tyson’s own, tears dripping from his hot cheeks. He winced when one struck him, twitching away at the wetness, and hissed, “Koaru, you’re drunk, don’t-“
But it was no use, Koaru’s feelings were overflowing like water from a fountain, and in a voice barely above a whisper, he confessed, ”I love you.”
These words hit Tyson like a blow to the stomach, and suddenly, he felt cold all over, goosebumps prickling at his spine. But before he had a chance to react, or even to make sense of what had been said, Koaru’s lips had touched his. The unwelcome contact sent a thrill racing through him, and Tyson felt his heartbeat quicken as his tense muscles slackened helplessly, his whole body turning limp as he stared in wide-eyed horror at his friend. His friend who - despite all logic, and despite being a man - was kissing him with all the passion of an emotional woman. Koaru was so close that Tyson could make out every teardrop clinging to his long eyelashes, and to his horror, his friend’s beauty suddenly hit him like never before, disturbing flocks of butterflies in his stomach.

All of a sudden, Tyson was powerless to resist. Hating himself, he felt his jaw slacken, and his eyes scrunched tightly shut as he allowed Koaru – in all of his drunken stupour – to force upon him a forbidden kiss so full of pent-up passion that it left Tyson’s head reeling. The taste of sake was strong in his mouth, but the feeling of Koaru’s soft lips against his was so shockingly wonderful that it kindled a spark of electric pleasure in the midst of Tyson’s horror. His heart contracted with unwelcome feelings, clawing at his insides like a caged beast desperate for release, and he could hear the rapid throbbing of it in his ears, drowning out the world around him, leaving nothing but him, Koaru, and the sickening , icy claws of shock biting into every inch of his skin.
And then, in an instant, he was free. Koaru pulled back, and as he took in a gasp of breath, Tyson felt the strength return to his muscles. Still deeply shaken by the thrills that gripped him, Tyson’s temper flared in his vulnerability, and despite the obvious fear in Koaru’s eyes, he shoved his friend aside with a rough, open-palmed strike to the chest. The moment the man toppled off him, freeing his limbs, Tyson scrambled hurriedly to his feet, uncharacteristically clumsy on his weak, trembling knees. He looked down at Koaru, eyes wide, and slowly shook his head, a bewildered expression on his face. He was so utterly shocked that he completely forgot to be annoyed, callous or refined. He just stared, and Koaru stared back, their wide eyes meeting with shared horror. Then Tyson took a step back, and his eyebrows drew together, leaving a trace of betrayal etched over his handsome face.
Without a word, he turned away, and walked silently to the door. He didn’t look back, and as he stepped out of the room, he pulled the door closed behind him with a quiet click, breaking the stunned silence with a harsh sense of finality.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Toppling over onto the flooring with a surprised grunt, Koaru fell backwards as Tyson crawled out from beneath his drunken weight.
Coughing slightly from having the wind shoved out of his chest, Koaru steadied himself beneath shaking arms. His heart-beat still raced with the adrenalin from the kiss and breathing in deeply, he tried to calm his nerves.
Calm down...Calm down...It'll be okay
Shifting his weight into sitting position, Koaru felt the last of his drunken stupor leave finally him. The blurred daze induced through alcohol and his emotions seemed to finally disperse, leaving him to face his reality with nothing short of a splitting headache.
Tentatively rubbing a palm to his aching forehead. Koaru paused, suddenly becoming acutely aware of his friend's presence beside him.
Tyson...
Hesitant and slightly fearful, he turned to met his companion's wide eyed gaze.
His own shock still lay heavily in place and from the unfamiliar awkwardness in Tyson, Koaru could tell that a lot of damge had been inflicted through their little mishap.

The intensity they seemed to hold as they stared into each others eyes seemed to fill the air with tension.
It was only when Tyson finally narrowed his eyes and turned away, that Koaru dropped his gaze shamefully to the floor.
He could here Tyson scrambling to his feet with clumsily movements. And felt deep concern when he looked up to see his friend's steps uncharacteristically shaky.
Feeling panic pulse through his veins, Koaru rose to his feet. His own instincts seemed to cloud his thoughts and padding quickly to Tyson's side, Koaru reached out to touch his friend's shoulder with delicate outstretched fingers. His intention was to assist is unbalanced friend, but just as his hand dared to brush against Tyson's form, the man suddenly back away from him.
“Tyson...”
Frowning with pained concern Koaru pulled back his hand, leaving it to dangle limply at his side.
He felt as though had been burnt and when he dared to met Tyson's eyes once more, He was distressed to find his friend's gaze filled with confusion and betrayal
“No...Tyson I didn't mean to, I just-”
Tyson's eyebrows furrowed for a moment and breaking off, Koaru felt his own heart leap to his throat as silently watched Tyson turned on his heel and leave.
What should I do...I can't just let him leave. I've mess everything up...Tyson...
Biting his lip in thought, Koaru quickened his step as he raced after Tyson, “Tyson!, Wait...”
Unfortunately Tyson heard nothing of his words and with a simple click of the door, he was gone.
Halting in his pursue, Koaru felt hollowness engulf him. He was left standing alone in the small inn room with heavy realization of his actions hanging over his head.
...What have I done?.... I've ruined everything
Crumbling to his knees with defeat, Koaru hugged his shoulders shamefully. His gentle face lay hidden behind his dark bangs, hiding his sorrows and the conflict that reigned king in his heart.
He had kissed Tyson. Confessed his love his best friend, a man never the less. It was no wonder that his precious companion had stormed out and left him. He had betrayed his trust and broken the boundaries of their friendship.
Moaning softly, Koaru's heart seemed to throb with emotion. He felt tears threaten well, but try as he might he couldn’t seem to shed them.
Blinking in confusion Koaru traced a curious finger around the rims of his eyes. They were bone dry.
Curling his legs up to his chest, Koaru rested his chin thoughtfully against his knees. He felt beyond miserable and silently hated himself for the lack of regret he felt towards kissing Tyson.
“I'm the worst, I barely even regret telling him my feelings...”, he mumbled softly.
Swallowing back the lump that had form in his throat, Koaru flopped backwards onto the wooden floor. His unruly hair sprawling out like dark ink around him as he stared up towards the ceiling.
Feeling his pretty features were creased with grief and for a while he just lay there alone and lost in his circling thoughts.
Sighing deeply, he finally came one conclusion, ”I-I really love him, don't I?”
Admitting it to himself was harder than what he thought it would be.
Hiding his eyes behind his forearm, Koaru felt a faint smile taint his pretty lips, “I guess have no regrets then...”
Holding his joy for a mere Second, Koaru then shifted uncomfortably as another more upsetting train of thought came to station.
Feeling a single tear finally trickle down his ivory cheek,Koaru felt his lips quiver for a moment, “Maybe only one regret...I've hurt him through my selfishness. I've betrayed the person I love.”
Breathing in deeply for some courage, Koaru wiped way his tears,”I can't leave things like this....Not if it's Tyson”
Gradually getting to his feet, Koaru dusted of the dirt from his clouting with hasty swipes. Afraid of wasting anymore time, he padded towards the door. Touching the handle with hesitant second thought, Koaru bit back his fear and shook his head with stubborn determination.
No...I need to make things right again
Not bothering to lock the door behind him, Koaru left the room. Breaking into a steady jog as he began his search for Tyson.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:38 am

Tyson could hear his footsteps sounding out like gunshots as he strode down the corridor, wrapped in a silence so thick it was palpable. And yet, he could not hear it. The roar of his pulse deafened him, pounding in his ears with the sound of a crashing waterfall, and all Tyson could think about was Koaru, and the feeling of the man’s lips pressed against his own.
He hissed in a sharp breath, then shook his head in frustration as the loathsome, burning taste of sake gripped his tongue. He kept replaying the scene with Koaru over and over in his mind, and though it all, there was only one thought that stuck: For one moment - one single, heart-stopping moment – he had enjoyed that kiss.

It’s wrong. He thought desperately, clenching his jaw as he pressed on quicker, forcing his eyes shut against his thoughts, He’s not a woman. Although he looks, sounds, even tastes much the same, he… Yes, He. That is the problem.
Tyson stopped, and raised his head as he opened his eyes to consider the world around him. It looked exactly the same as it always had, but he could feel a difference. He had kissed a man – even worse, his best friend – and his mind was in disarray.
I don’t want to deal with this. He breathed out a heavy sigh, casting fiery eyes toward the sliding door leading out of the inn. I shouldn’t have to deal with this.
His jaw clenched, I could walk away right now, and leave all of this behind. I survived without Koaru’s friendship before, and I can do it again. I must do it again, because if he truly were my friend, then he would not put me through this. I trusted him, I cared for him, but apparently that was not enough. Why must everybody always expect more from me? I thought that Koaru was different… But I guess that was my mistake. His hands balled into fists at his side, and he heard his teeth grind together as his anger grew, rousing the slumbering monster within him. As a jolt of vicious chakra spiked him, Tyson felt his mind slip back into reality, and he released a breath that he hadn’t even realized he’d been holding. He had to calm his temper, before it slipped out of his control…

With determined steps, he approached the door, and let himself out into the night, pausing to take a deep breath of the fresh, icy air. It tasted of rain, and when he turned his gaze skywards, he could see clouds gathering overhead. Unbidden, an image of another storm drifted through his mind; an unforgettable memory, immortalized by hatred. That night, with the rain pelting down from the heavens, Koaru had saved his life – even throwing himself before Tekuru’s blade – and Tyson remembered all too clearly the nights that followed, and the desperate hoping that somehow, Koaru would make it through.

He lowered his gaze, and as he watched the first few raindrops begin to strike the ground, Tyson allowed the truth to crush him in its harsh embrace.
I can’t leave him. As inconceivable as it seems, I care about him. He has shown me friendship above all others. He gnawed on his tongue thoughtfully for a moment, then uttered a heavy sigh, his breath steaming the cold air. I cannot condemn him for one drunken accident, but if I am to stay by his side, then what can I do? If I cannot reciprocate his feelings, then to stay beside him will only hurt him more. If it is true that I care about my friend, then dare I put him through such heartache?

His eyebrows pulled into a frown, but before Tyson could reach a conclusion, he heard quiet footsteps approaching from within the building. The door behind him slid open, and Tyson glanced back over his shoulder to let his eyes confirm what his mind already knew: Koaru had come after him.
The moment he saw his friend, the kiss replayed in Tyson’s mind, and he felt his shoulders stiffen. Cheeks flushed, he turned away, and listened to the quiet sound of Koaru’s footsteps as the man walked toward him.
“Not a word.” He warned quietly, an edge to his voice, “You shouldn’t have done that.”
The silence grew between them, and as a gust of wind ruffled Tyson’s roughly hacked hair, he drew in a grateful breath of it, letting the chill calm his frazzled nerves.
“I don’t want to hear excuses.” He went on quietly, still not looking at Koaru, “You told me that you didn’t want alcohol, and I should have listened. It was a drunken accident, and I can’t blame you for it.” At last, he met his friend’s gaze, but his eyes were hard and cold, “But I am disappointed in you, Koaru. I gave you my loyalty, and even my friendship. You have no right to ask more of me.” His eyes narrowed, then he looked away, and at last his harsh tone softened as he mumbled into the rain, “I have grown to care for you, my friend, but not in the same way. I’m a man, it’s impossible.”
Finally, he turned to face Koaru completely, and he held his friend’s gaze firmly as he said, not unkindly, “Come morning, this never happened. This is the last we’ll speak of it.”
His teeth pressed together as guilt churned hotly in his stomach, but Tyson stood by his words. He had not wanted to hurt his friend, but the way he saw it, there was no other option. Even so, he had made his decision.
Once I reach Konoha, I will go. With this tension between us, it wouldn’t be fair to stay. It isn’t fair on him, nor on me. Where love is shot down, friendship dies, too. I won’t have Koaru endure this suffering any longer than he must.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Koaru's search for Tyson proved difficult and as the minutes rolled by, he grew more and more anxious. His thoughts ran continuously over the possibility of Tyson leaving him behind, and it was with a stubborn, but heavy heart that he pressed on in his desperate search.
Pacing through the inn and sliding open door after door, Koaru eventually reached an unexplored area near the end of one of the many hallways. There was only room left that he hadn't investigated yet and it lay before him now.
Understanding what it meant if Tyson wasn't inside, Koaru fought back his hidden anxiety.
Shaking his head of any doubt, Koaru prayed, Please, let him be inside there...I've checked everywhere else
Quietly gripping the door-handle between tensed fingertips, Koaru breathed in deeply.
Gently he slid the door open. His glossy gray eyes searched it's interior curiously before tracing over the vague outlines of a dimly lit figure.
Tyson...
His heart-beat quickened with excitement and feeling a wave of relief crash over him, Koaru smiled weakly as he recognized Tyson's familiar features.
I've found you at last...thank goodness, I was worried about you
Taking a quiet step forward, Koaru swallowed back his nerves. The sinful kiss they had shared still hung heavily over his head like some dark cloud.
Unsure of how Tyson felt, Koaru chose to approach the situation with careful steps. Gazing innocently towards his friend's turned back.
He's very upset...at least he hasn't left me
Feeling some warmth etch it's way in his gentle features, Koaru ran his eyes over Tyson's silent form with thought. He couldn’t deny the simple happiness he felt when he saw his friend, but understanding the situation, Koaru focused on awkwardness that lay between them.
Furrowing his eyebrows with concern, Koaru tilted his head casually, clearly trying to break the ice as he spoke up with strained cheeriness.
“So here's where you've been, Tyson I-”
“Not a word.”, Tyson cut him off sharply.
Wincing at the harshness of his tone, Koaru fell into obedient silence. His glossy eyes searched after Tyson for some hint of warmth, but finding none there, Koaru couldn't help but feel slightly grieved by the clear damaged he had caused.
Tyson hadn't taken well to their little 'accident' and afraid of upsetting his friend further, Koaru held his inanimate pose as a doll would.
Callous as ever, Tyson scolded firmly,“You shouldn’t have done that.”
The burn of accusation cut into Koaru like a knife. Narrowing his eyes with understanding thought, he stammered, “I-I Know, But I-”
“I don’t want to hear excuses.” , Tyson went on quietly, his crimson eyes still not daring to meet Koaru's as he spoke.
Feeling shunned by his friend clear disappointment, Koaru shifted backwards into the comfort of the shadows. His long hair hanging over his shoulders and face like a satin curtain. His features were mostly hidden, save his sensuous mouth which lay twitching with the threat of a feigned smile.

Staring toward's Tyson' back as though it had eyes, Koaru listened as his friend pressed on.
“You told me that you didn’t want alcohol, and I should have listened. It was a drunken accident, and I can’t blame you for it.”
No, Tyson it's not that...that's not what it was
Threatening to voice his thoughts, Koaru suddenly dipped his head apprehensively as Tyson caught him with a rather threatening cold gaze. With their eyes finally locked, Koaru took in the intensity of Tyson's hard eyes. They where etched with feelings of betrayal and stubborn defiance.
“But I am disappointed in you, Koaru. I gave you my loyalty, and even my friendship. You have no right to ask more of me”
The Man's words stung like acid, but instead of looking away with passive acceptance as he usually did, Koaru narrowed his eyes thoughtfully. He didn't dare drop the intensity Tyson had set in play, but feeling the unfamiliar sensation of passion pulse through his veins, Koaru questioned simply ,“Is it really so bad to ask for more...”
Feeling slightly surprised by his own question, Koaru held his ground stubbornly.
It wasn't in his nature to ask for anything, not even help. He had never really wanted anything in particular and usually existed humble to what he already had.
However despite that, Tyson's cold accusation seemed to spark up a new kind of passion in Koaru. It was an inkling of uncharacteristic selfishness.
Furrowing his elegantly shaped eyebrows in mirrored defiance, he held his head tall and pressed on softly, “Yes...It's true that I hold no rights to you, Tyson. I admit that my actions were wrong,...but I hold strong to my feelings.” pausing to calm his breathing, Koaru sighed solemnly, “I don't regret my actions... only the repercussions that have resulted from them”
A heavy sense of tension lay between the two men as they watched each other. The unpleasant mood lingered on in place for several long minutes before eventually fading away as Tyson turned his back on Koaru.
The harsh edge in his tone seemed to soften and mumbled softly he explained his thoughts,
“I have grown to care for you, my friend, but not in the same way. I’m a man, it’s impossible.”
Eyes widening in understanding, Koaru felt the words 'I'm a man' echoed like a ghostly whisper through his ears. He had forgotten about that tiny factor through all his feelings and thoughts.
He hadn't thought of Tyson's feelings over gender and suddenly felt highly conscious over his somewhat imperfect appearance. He was neither man nor woman and had therefore never really seen gay or even straight love as anything other than, well... love.
Seeing the problem through different eyes, Koaru finally understood Tyson's words. A faint sense of vulnerability weakened his tall pose and it with hidden defeat that Koaru felt a smile pulled onto his lips. His heart ached with bitterly, but unable to fight the inevitable, Koaru murmured thoughtfully, “I guess...I hadn't thought of that. You're right Tyson...”, he admitted softly, his tone breaking with strained cheeriness as he pressed on, “You are a man...I on the other hand am neither. I hadn't ever thought of my feelings as being gay, but I can see now how they'd be impossible for you to accept.”
The pain, guilt and sorrow that seemed to welled up inside pressed him closed to tears and it was with a wavering smile that he bared it all.
“Come morning, this never happened. This is the last we’ll speak of it.”
Tyson's words were not unkind, but they were firm enough to set a point.
Swallowing back the lump in his throat, Koaru beamed brightly towards Tyson, his eyes wet with moisture, “I-It never happened.”, he agreed in a shaky voice.
Feeling his heart-crumble with rejection Koaru turned playfully on heel, “Well, I'm kind of tired...Guess I catch an early night's sleep tonight.”
Waving his hand in simple greeting towards Tyson, Koaru padded quietly towards the door.
Sliding it open through clumsily fingers, he murmured blissfully, “Sleep well Tyson. I'll see you in the morning”
Disappearing into the hallway, Koaru slid the door closed behind him. Taking in a deep breath to calm himself, he held his friendly pose firmly in place till he eventually reached the sanctuary of his own room.
Making his way into the dimly lit room, Koaru thoughtfully turned his attention to the oil lit lamps that hung over head. They seemed to burn with some kind of false hope and making his way towards each of them. Koaru neatly extinguished each one in turn.
Once the menial task had been completed, he removed his shoes and crawled into the warmth of his bed. Pulling the blanket over his head, he finally felt safe enough to silently cry his heart out.
Pouring out his feelings through the blood in his eyes, Koaru eventually slipped into a light state of sleep.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:47 pm

When he saw what little strength remained in Koaru's features crumble away into a despair-ridden, ironic smile, Tyson felt his jaw clench tightly. Despite all that had been said and done, Koaru was his friend, and he hated to see the man at the mercy of such utter despondency. Even more, he hated that he was the cause of it.
It was never my wish to hurt you, my friend, but I stand by what I said. You left me no other choice...
“I guess...I hadn't thought of that. You're right Tyson...” Koaru's defeated voice piped up, his sensual lips trembling around the smile they struggled to hold, “You are a man... I on the other hand am neither. I hadn't ever thought of my feelings as being gay, but I can see now how they'd be impossible for you to accept.”
Tyson's eyes narrowed slightly, and he looked away, swallowing the bitter taste of empathy in his throat. He was not supposed to empathize with Koaru's pain, for the unrequited love was not his cross to bear. He had no reason to be hurting, so why was it that he could feel the same pain he saw in Koaru's eyes in his own heart?
Koaru, you say that you are neither man nor woman, but that is not the case. If you have the courage to face me while you stand true to your feelings, then you're more of a man than I'll ever be.
Startled by his thoughts, – honest with a depth that even he could not understand – Tyson shivered slightly, and rubbed a growing chill from his strong arms. He wasn't sure if the night had suddenly grown cold, or if it was his own iciness that he felt. He ought to feel indifferent by this point, apathetic even, but try as he might, he could not move past the burning empathy that accosted him with each shared glance...

He saw Koaru swallow, and his own eyes narrowed as his friend's wet ones met them, complemented by a smile so devoid of happiness it was sick.
“I-It never happened.” Koaru agreed, repeating Tyson's words with the air of one signing his own death sentence.
“Well, I'm kind of tired... Guess I catch an early night's sleep tonight. Sleep well Tyson. I'll see you in the morning.”
He watched Koaru turn away and leave, and his heart squeezed at the sight of his friend's retreating back.
I'm sorry, Koaru. Truly I am.
Sighing heavily, he turned away, and drew in a deep breath. He had to catch his bearings, and for that, he needed some time to think. Tired as he was, he knew that he would not sleep a moment with such anxieties pressuring his mind. He felt as though his insides had turned to stone – frozen by the pain in Koaru's eyes. He felt guilty, upset, confused... But most of all, he felt frustrated. It was not in his nature to deal with such emotions, and he knew that there was nothing for it but to remove the problem from the root.
The solution was simple: He had to leave Koaru and move on with his mission, before his poor friend got hurt even more. The prospect was a saddening one, but that could not be helped. Tyson knew as well as anybody that life was not always kind... He did wish, though, that just once, he could find a better solution.
I don't want to leave you behind, Koaru. I don't want to lose my only friend... Not after all we've been through.

Tyson's night was spent outside in silent solitude, and when the following dawn broke with misty sunlight, he found himself striding back into Koaru's room with a glass of water and two Aspirins – raided from the kitchen – in hand.
He knocked delicately on the door, then walked over to Koaru's bed, and handed him the glass, dropping the tablets into his free hand.
“Here.” He grunted stiffly, as though the effort of caring was almost too much for him, “After all that drinking, I imagine you'll need it.”
Striding briskly over to the window, he pulled open the curtains to let in the light, then looked back at Koaru. “Get ready to leave.” He ordered firmly, “I'll be waiting outside. Try not to take too long – I want to be back in Konoha before the week is out.”
With that, he turned on his heel and left, walking out of the room, then following the corridor until he left the inn entirely.
Soon enough, Koaru joined him outside, and the two went on their way.

For most of the day they traveled, and though the rain had stopped, the clouds overhead remained heavy with threat. This only encouraged Tyson's urgency, and instead of heading back the way they had come, he chose to follow a shortcut that he knew from his own travels – one that passed closer to the mountains. The only downfall was that the route cut across a canyon of sorts, crossable only by a rickety rope bridge stretching from one sheer cliff face to another. They reached this bridge early in the evening, and when they did, Tyson stopped at last to consult Koaru.
“We cross here.” He said, gesturing to the thin strip of rickety planks suspended by fraying rope, “It may not look it, but I have always found it perfectly safe, and it's the quickest way back.” He strode forward, and gave one of the ropes a firm tug, testing its strength. Nodding in satisfaction, he turned back to Koaru, and raised an eyebrow.
“Ready to go?”

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Koaru awoke early the next morning as a polite knock on the door echoed softly into his room.
Blinking away the last remnants of sleep, he wiped a hand gently over his slightly crusty eyes. They were red-tinged from the bloodied tears and itched from a lack of sleep. Shifting up into sitting position, Koaru felt a small painful moan escape his lips. His world began to sway slightly and clinging to the sides of his mattress, he managed to keep his balance.
Lord, My head hurts...I swear I'll never ever drink again, just never again
Running a cool palm over his aching head, Koaru mulled sulkily, My brain feels like an old saturated sponge
Hearing the small knock repeat, he peered curiously towards the direction of the door.
The events of the previous night seemed to return to him like a bad nightmare and feeling some of his anxiety return to him, Koaru murmured gently, “You can come in”
Unsure of who was actually behind the door, he felt some relief pass over him when Tyson entered the room.
Closing his eyes with simple bliss, he blinked cheerfully as he greeted his companion, “Good Morning, Sleep well? ”
Tyson didn't seemed to respond, Instead he padded stiffly towards Koaru's bed. A glass of water seemed to be clutched between his tanned fingers.
Curious over his friend's intentions Koaru tilted his head thoughtfully in response. Is that for me?...
Grunting stubbornly, Tyson handed the glass towards Koaru, “Here...After all that drinking, I imagine you'll need it.”
“Oh?...Um Thank you”, He replied warmly, some shyness reflecting his soft eyes as he gratefully received the glass and two pills of aspirin Tyson had handed to him.
Still playing the card of denial to all that had happened the day before, Koaru held his smiling pose in place.
Popping the pills into his glass, He swirled the murky liquid for a moment. Once it had dissolved more or less, he narrowed his eyes with slight hesitation, before politely downing the mixture.
Tasting the horrid bitterness on his tongue, He pulled a revolted face.
It's Awful...horrible and bitter
Shuddering slightly from the taste, Koaru felt his head turn back towards Tyson, desperate to focus his attention else where.
Watching the man fiddled with the curtains, Koaru squinted slightly as the material panes where pulled aside.
A fresh beam of sunshine entered the room and for a moment the change in light caused Koaru to shield his eyes.
Taking a minute or two to recover, he cupped a pale hand over his sensitive eyes as he gazed after Tyson's dark outlined form.
“Get ready to leave.”, He ordered firmly. The authority in his voice was set, but not unkind. Pressing on Tyson instructed, “I'll be waiting outside. Try not to take too long – I want to be back in Konoha before the week is out.”
Understanding what was meant by Tyson's words, Koaru felt a pang of sorrow eat away silent at his innards like maggots to rotting flesh. His companion would leave once they returned to Konoha. He would go as soon as possible, perhaps even quicker with all the awkwardness that had been set in motion.

Watching Tyson out from beneath his long sad Lashes, Koaru dropped his gaze guiltily. Turning his heel, Tyson left Koaru alone to his thoughts.
Hugging his knees to his chest, Koaru gather up some strength as he tried to will himself to climb out of bed. The very thought of returning home made him sick with heartache and selfishly Koaru found himself wishing that they'd lose their way and stumble on through the country side, lost for all eternity. At least that way they'd be able to stay together.
Slightly shocked by that thought Koaru shook his head, “That would never work. Really what nonsense...”
Ripping away his blanket and swinging his legs over the edge of the bed, Koaru stood up decisively.
Making his way towards the bathroom, he prepared some clean clothes and a fresh towel.

Fifteen minutes later, Koaru exited the bathroom with a small mist of warm steam following pursuit. He had changed his attire for the journey home and donned a black, neatly tied samurai hakama. Complimenting this, he chose a dark tight-fitting polar neck jersey to finish off the look .
With his body-protector in place and his weaponry securely strapped onto his belt, Koaru padded outing to meet up with Tyson.
Greeting his friend with slightly awkward nod, Koaru found Tyson mute to words. Brushing aside the man's aloof nature, Koaru gazed back towards the inn with a heavy heart.
This is the beginning of the end...I'll miss this strange place, it holds quite a few memories to it now.
With his friend at his side, Koaru found no other reason to stay behind or even prolong the journey. Giving into fate, he followed obediently in suit as Tyson took the lead.

They Traveled on throughout most of the remaining day. The sunshine that hung overhead often disappeared behind angry-looking clouds and was with an anxious heart that Koaru sensed the impending threat of rain linger.
When the afternoon began to edge into early evening, Koaru had to quicken his steps to keep up with Tyson. They had passed through a mountain route that ran directly through one of the borderline forests.
The route was a quicker solution to the one they had previously taken and Koaru had a feeling that Tyson's thoughts behind this were not only aimed towards the impending storm, but also to their soon to be departure.
Unable to shake off his sorrows, Koaru felt his passive expression fall in place. Together they walked on in companionable silence, until finally Tyson halted in his steps.
Gazing towards his companion with sparked curiosity, Koaru questioned softly, “Tyson?”
“We cross here.”, The man replied simply, his hand gesturing towards a rickety rope bridge that lay suspended over a long and rather deep stretch of crevice.
Feeling his heart sink, Koaru swallowed hesitantly as he stepped closer towards the edge of the crevice, gaining a better look at the miniaturized world that lay deep down inside the crevice.
His stomach reeled sickly and stumbling backwards, Koaru threw a rather panicked look towards Tyson, “It's at least hundred meters deep...I don't think we should cross here. ”, he mumbled warily.
Tyson didn't seem too fussed with the deathly height or the fragile bridge, instead he strode forward undeterred and a gave the ropes a firm tug.
Nodding with satisfaction, he added reassuringly,“It may not look it, but I have always found it perfectly safe, and it's the quickest way back.”
Furrowing his eyebrows with clear concern, Koaru shook his head hastily, “No...When should find another route Tyson, I-I can't cross here”
Not paying much attention to Koaru's complaints, Tyson stepped forward onto the first of the wooden planks. The bridge creaked slightly from the change in weight, but held Tyson with strength never the less.
“Ready to go?”
Shuddering at the sight of his friend crossing over the rickety bridge. Koaru felt his heat-beat pulse madly inside his chest. Unable to hide the seer terror that lay across his features, He cried out pleadingly, “Tyson! It's dangerous, please you'll fall. Come back”
Pacing along the edge of the bridge like a caged animal, Koaru stared after his companion with a strange new fear in his eyes.
The calmness he usually held in place had fallen away into uncharacteristic anxiety.
He couldn’t follow Tyson out of his fear for heights, but he didn't want to hang back and risk being separated from him either. Tyson had already planned to leave him, and Koaru knew that it would probably make no difference to the man if they separated now or later.
Feeling competently drawn between his two fears, Koaru found himself at a stalemate.
Racing towards the edge of the bridge with desperation, Koaru called after his companion one more, “Wait! Tyson don't leave me!”
Contorting his features with panic, Koaru felt the blood in his cheeks drain as he took in the hundred meter fall that awaited him if he dared cross the bridge.
He felt his legs weaken as the height before him stretched and contacted with his imagination. Feeling utterly ill at the deathly sight, he choked back some of the bile in his throat.
“Please, I-I can't cross Tyson. This isn't a good idea. Please lets just take the other route.”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:19 pm

“No... We should find another route Tyson, I-I can't cross here.” Koaru's soft voice objected, but Tyson ignored it, striding forwards toward the bridge. Of course he could cross – Tyson had done it many a time. He saw no reason why Koaru could not follow. So, raising his chin in a defiant fashion, he strode out onto the rickety wooden planks and, leaning against the rope barrier at the side, turned to face Koaru with a raised eyebrow.
“Tyson!” Koaru called out in horror, looking almost indecently worried, ”It's dangerous, please you'll fall. Come back!”
“Oh, what nonsense.” He snapped, brushing off Koaru's concern. “It's perfectly safe, look.” He stamped firmly on the plank underfoot to prove his point, and though it groaned, it held firm. He looked back at Koaru expectantly, only to find his friend pacing anxiously on the other side. His eyes narrowed, and with an irritable tsk of his tongue, he turned on his heel and strode on across the bridge, walking down the rickety planks as though they were a red carpet.
“Wait! Tyson don't leave me!”
He stopped, breathing a hiss of frustration, and turned back to look at Koaru with a stony glare.
“Then come on!” He demanded mercilessly, “I'm not waiting forever.”
Koaru quavered weakly where he stood, and Tyson could hear the pleading in his voice when he begged, “Please, I-I can't cross Tyson. This isn't a good idea. Please lets just take the other route.”
Fed up with the nagging and the drama, Tyson growled deep in his throat, then jerked his chin up and said sharply, “Fine. Take the other route, and I'll meet you back at Konoha. I see no reason in wasting precious time.” He tensed as the bridge creaked underfoot, “I'm going this way.”
Sorry, Koaru, but this is for the best. We're going to part anyway; perhaps in this case it's better to rip the bandage off the wound now, rather than let it fester.
He turned around again, striding confidently toward the other side of the bridge, one hand drifting along the top of the rope barrier beside him.

He felt bad for leaving Koaru, but he was in no doubt that what he was doing was the right thing. Koaru was in love with him – he had admitted it freely – and to stay with him while burdened by that knowledge was nothing short of cruelty. He would not toy with Koaru's emotions... It would be better to leave the man hopeless, and allow him to rebuild his life the way it had been before.
Besides, I need some time alone... Some clarity and time to think...
He breathed a heavy sigh, shuddering at the memory of the kiss, and the thrill it still brought him. He was confused, and honestly, his feelings frightened him. In a world where few things were beyond his control, Tyson feared what he could not understand; and if anything had ever been utterly incomprehensible to him, then that kiss was it.
He simply couldn't understand why something so horribly wrong could feel so good... Or perhaps he just didn't want to understand.
As he reached this conclusion, Tyson felt the bridge shift.

He froze, his muscles stiffening instantly, and cast a suspicious glare at the rope in his hand. It was pulled taut, but something was wrong. It was straining, and in places, strands of it were splitting.
It's perished. He realized with a jolt, This rope won't hold much longer. It's just as well Koaru decided not to come along; it couldn't take the weight of the both of us...
Feeling adrenaline race through him, he moved hurriedly on, only to hear a horrible ripping sound coming from behind him. The planks beneath his feet shuddered, and Tyson cursed when the rope in his hand snapped, causing the bridge to lean dangerously to one side. He made a wild grab for the rope, glancing back urgently over his shoulder. Then he froze.
Koaru, you fool!
Seeing his friend behind him, eyes stretched wide as he clung to the rope, Tyson felt a stab of panic lance through his chest, and he threw out a hand to grab Koaru, just in the nick of time. The other rope snapped, and Tyson saw his friend's feet slip out from under him. At the same moment, he felt the ground vanish from beneath his own.
Just as Koaru began to fall, Tyson's hand fastened firmly around his wrist, gripping tight enough to bruise, and he drew in a hiss of breath as he felt himself sliding down – the rope burning the skin from his palm – as the whole bridge swung forward to strike the opposite cliff face. He grunted when the hard rock hit his chest, winded, and he felt his grip on Koaru slacken.
“Hold on!” He gasped breathlessly, willing his sweat-slick hand to hold tighter.
“I'll get us out of here.” His hand slipped an inch further down the rope, “I swear it!”

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:56 am

The fear that had well up inside Koaru's chest was sickeningly thick and as he peered over the edge of the fissure he felt dizzy.
Heights were one of his greatest fears - an irrational fear, one that he had never truly understood.
It was strange, he didn't fear death or battle and yet when it came to heights he could never fathom up the strength to face it.
With widened eyes, he watched after Tyson as the man stepped further along the flimsy bridge. Each step echoed with the creaking strain of wood beneath his feet.

It was clear that Tyson had grown fed up with Koaru's pleas and finally when he had enough of his whining, he raised his chin to their air with stubborn defiance.
“Fine. Take the other route, and I'll meet you back at Konoha. I see no reason in wasting precious time.”
His tone was sharp with annoyance and Koaru winced timidly in response. Feeling a lump of anxiety form in his throat, he dropped his gaze.
Studying his feet guiltily, Koaru fought against the fear in his heart.
What should I do...I can't cross it, but I-I don't want Tyson to leave me behind

“I'm going this way.”, Tyson muttered decisively. His firm voice suddenly broke Koaru from his daze and biting his lip with uncertainly, Koaru stepped onto the bridge.
Tyson's choice was final and turning on his heal with dignity, the man strode on ahead over the rickety planks.
Shaking the frightful thoughts from his own head, Koaru breathed in deeply. Reassuring himself as he tightened his grip around the rope supports at his sides
It'll be okay...Everything will be fine
Clinging tightly to bridge, he then followed after Tyson at a slower more cautious pace.
The blood had drained entirely from his features and he felt light, as though even the tiniest breath of wind would snatch him up and toss him into the gaping chasm below.
Stopping for a moment to cure his nerves, Koaru pressed his eyes closed and listened to Tyson's creaking footsteps.
They made him anxious beyond belief and when a sharp snapping sound suddenly cracked through the air, Koaru snapped open his eyes.
“What was that?”, he murmured quickly as he turned to examined the ropes holding up the bridge.
Feeling pure horror sink into the pits of his stomach, Koaru darted his attention to the fraying ropes that had begun to pull loosely from their strings.
They were breaking in turn, forcing the bridge to slant dangerous to one side.
Latching a grip desperately around the remaining rope to keep from falling. Koaru's eyes widened with panic. Throwing his concern towards Tyson, he called out desperately to his companion. “Tyson! The Ropes they're-”
Koaru's words were cut off abruptly when one of the main supports gave way with a violent thwack.
For a moment his world seemed slow and it was with horrified realization that Koaru felt the bridge sip out from beneath his feet.
The entire bridge swung down violently towards the opposite end of the cliff, hitting it with force and sending a few loose planks down into the dark chasm below.
Wounded from the force of striking the cliff , Koaru's features contracted painfully. He felt his grip on the ropes slacken and in a single moment of hesitation, he lost his hold entirely.
No...
Feeling the cool air rush up to meet him, Koaru gasped with horror as he began to fall.

Within seconds Tyson's hand had shot down towards Koaru. Catching him firmly by the wrist and saving him from an untimely death.
With Tyson's hand latched firmly around his frail wrist, Koaru dangled helplessly in his friend's hold.
“Hold on!, Tyson called out breathlessly as his slippery fingers tightened their hold. I'll get us out of here. I swear it!”
Hearing the stress in Tyson's voice, Koaru felt a small blush warm his stricken features.
“Ty...”, he murmured softly, his eyes glossy with tears as he gazed up gratefully towards companion.
Meeting the man's eyes for a mere fraction of a second, Koaru winced as they jerked downwards violently.
Confused and frightened he turned his attention to Tyson's other hand. It trembled painfully from the strain of holding them both. Realizing what was happening Koaru narrowed his eyes with terror.
He can't hold us both! He'll fall if he carries on like this

Slipping down a inch more, Koaru gasped fearfully. His heart-beat pounding wildly inside his chest like a drum as he caught sight of the perilous fall that awaited them.
Breathing in heavily as tears stained his pretty face, Koaru gazed up towards Tyson. Taking in his friend's panicked-stricken expression.
“Tyson! You can't hold us both, you'll fall...”
Clenching his teeth with reckless thought, Koaru nodded silently as a painful decision pulsed through his mind. Feeling the last of his fear slip away from his elegant features, Koaru breathed in deeply.
Closing his eyes as he gather up the remained fragments of his courage.

When he opened his eyes again, they shone silver with determination. Feeling strangely reassured by what was to come, Koaru murmured softly, “You have to let me go Tyson...”
Feeling a soft nervous smile twitch onto his lips, he pressed on gently, “Sorry Ty...this is the only way I can save you...Don't hate me too much okay?”
Swallowing back the last of his fear he whispered through tears, ”I love you...”
Letting go of Tyson's wrist, Koaru slipped soundlessly through the man's fingers, falling fearlessly through the air with his smile ever present upon his lips.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:40 am

As he looked down at Koaru's terrified face, Tyson felt his stomach churn hotly with boiling guilt, almost threatening to suffocate him.
He didn't want to cross here, I made him do it... God, I'm an idiot! Why didn't I listen? I'm sorry, Koaru, I'm-
His thoughts broke off suddenly when he heard Koaru's soft voice whisper anxiously, “Tyson! You can't hold us both, you'll fall...”
"Nonsense." He snapped, eyes narrowing with savage determination at the sight of the tears on Koaru's face, "I'll pull us up. Just wait." But even as he spoke, he felt his hand slip down an inch, staining the rope with blood. He winced, but tightened his hold anyway, feeling the stinging of frayed rope biting into the gaping wound in his palm.
Glancing down at Koaru, he saw his friend smiling, clearly unconvinced.
"Don't you smile at me." He warned, snarling like a wild animal, "Koaru-"
“You have to let me go Tyson...”
"Are you f*cking mad?"
Koaru just smiled again, and murmured softly, “Sorry Ty... This is the only way I can save you... Don't hate me too much okay?”
Tyson felt his heart contract with horror, his blood running cold at the sight of the determination in Koaru's eyes. He knew what was coming.
"Don't you dare let go." He whispered, his voice quavering slightly.
Koaru's lips formed three silent words, the kind that stabbed at Tyson like a knife through the heart, and in a single missed beat, he felt his friend's elegant fingers slip from between his.
"NO!" He slipped down further as he made a desperate grab for Koaru, but his sweaty fingers slipped before he could get a grip and he was left to watch, wide-eyed and helpless, as his closest friend fell to his death.
A lump rose in his throat, and his heart rate quickened to a sickening speed as panic lanced hotly through him, settling in his aching heart.
No! I can't lose him, I won't! I need him...
Emotion overwhelmed him, and as Tyson felt the Kyuubi curiously raise its ugly head within him, he seized its vile power. With a flash of red light, fire-like chakra englufed him, and as his eyes turned a beastly red, Tyson focused the chakra to his hand with a feral snarl. The bubbling red fury raced from his fingertips like a monstrous arm, and grabbed Koaru's wrist, jerking him roughly to a stop mid-fall.
"I told you," Tyson gasped, the Kyuubi's fierce voice unifying with his, "Not to let GO!"
On the last word, he heaved upwards, and with an almighty swing of his arm, he swung Koaru up to the top of the cliff, dropping him carelessly back on solid ground.

Once it had released its burden, the Kyuubi's arm grabbed the edge of the criff in a firm hold, and as rocks crumbled at its touch, Tyson used it to pull himself to safety. Shaking from the effort, he clawed his way onto firm ground, and rested there a moment, trembling on his hands and knees. His left arm trembled violently with pulled muscles, while the right bore harsh burns from the Kyuubi's vicious chakra, which fizzled out in an instant, returning Tyson to normal once again.
Drawing in a deep breath, he pushed himself to stand, but after one clumsy step, his trembling legs collapsed, and he dropped to his knees beside Koaru. Without wasting a moment, he snatched his frail friend into his arms, and embraced him so fiercely that he almost feared he'd break him. Even then, Tyson wouldn't let his grip slacken. He shook as he held Koaru, clutching him so close that he was sure the man would feel his panicked heart punching desperately at his chest.
He brought a hand to Koaru's head, and pressed it to his shoulder, gasping in quick, shuddering breaths as he struggled to get a grip on himself.
"I almost lost you." He muttered hoarsely, squeezing his eyes tightly shut in premature grief, "I can't believe you think, that after all we've been through, I'd still want to go on without you. I need you, dammit!" He pushed Koaru roughly back to an arm's length, meeting his gaze with what was supposed to be fury, but ended up more like wide-eyed horror.
"Don't you understand? Can't you see what you do to me-?" His voice caught in his throat as he swallowed a gulp of air in his panic, and he broke off, turning his head to cough into his hand.
He couldn't ignore the frantic beating of his heart, nor the grievous terror that lingered in his mind from the thought of losing Koaru. That man meant more to him than he could ever explain. No matter how wrong or unwelcome the feeling, he could no longer deny it.
"I'm sorry." He whispered, his voice raw with emotion as he gently pulled Koaru's head toward his shoulder, resting his cheek softly against the man's silky hair.
"I'm so sorry, Koaru." He swallowed, eyes scrunching tightly shut, "You were right. I should have listened. I should have..."
His quivering lips fell silent and, clasping Koaru's beautiful face gently between his hands, he pressed his lips softly to the man's forehead, like a knight swearing fealty.
"I'll never let you down again." He whispered, closing his eyes as he let his sweaty brow fall against his friend's, "I promise you, from now on, I'll always protect you. Always."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:47 am

Falling through the air like some broken toy, Koaru shut his eyes in finality as he prepared himself for the end.
He'll be safe, that’s all that matters...I'll hit the bottom soon and then it'll all be over
With his final thoughts racing coldly through his mind, it came as quite a surprise to Koaru when the burning talons of the Kyuubi suddenly reached out towards him.
Opening his eyes upon touch, Koaru gasped in fright as five massive crimson claws brushed against his skin, latching firmly around his wrist like molten steel clamps .
His body jerked roughly as it stopped in mid fall.
Shivering with shock, Koaru hung helplessly over the gorge at the mercy of the Kyuubi's claws.
Unsure of how he had been saved, he gazed up suspiciously towards Tyson who hung a little way above him.
Koaru's eyes widened with shock as he took in Tyson's chakra engulfed arms. His friend had tapped into the power of the tailed beast to save him and Koaru could already smell the scent of burnt flesh on air.
You saved me Tyson...but at such an expense
Catching Tyson's intensive red gaze, Koaru felt goosebumps spill out over his arms and neck. The blood curdling red in his friend's eyes flashed with dark power and for a moment Koaru feared that he was looking directly into the eyes of the Kyuubi.
Growling fiercely, Tyson's voice seemed unified with the Kyuubi's as he shot Koaru a furious glare,"I told you. Not to let GO!"
Feeling his heart-beat pound wildly inside his chest, Koaru gasped in surprise when the Kyuubi's monstrous arm heaved him up over to the top of the cliff.
When the Kyuubi's claws finally released it's hold, Koaru gasped with pain as he fell roughly to the rocky floor.
His sides where badly bruised and when the cool air hit his burned wrist, he hissed sharply with pain. He hadn't noticed the burn thanks to the shock and consistent heat, but now that he had been released, it throbbed painfully, revealing a series of dark knife like-bruises around his forearm.
Lifting himself to his knees, Koaru then Scrambling anxiously towards the cliff's edge.
Searching for his companion below, he cried out with panic as the bridge continued to fray at it's seams. Threatening to fall at any minute.
“Tyson! Hurry”, He call out desperately as the massive clawed arm sunk it's fiery fingers into the rocky earth before him.
Scrambling backwards to give his friend space, Koaru watched with deep relief as Tyson pulled himself up onto the ledge through the assistance of the dark chakra.

Shaking with unhidden fear, Koaru stared after Tyson with serious concern as the Kyuubi's power began to dissipate from his body.
Seeing his friend tremble as violently as he did, set Koaru on edge. He had never seen Tyson this shaken before and timidly he questioned after him,“Tyson...You-You're okay?”
Tracing his soft eyes over the burn wounds Tyson had obtained, Koaru felt worry eat away at his insides.
It proved even more painful to watch when Tyson pushed himself up onto weakened legs.
“Tyson...”
Stumbling clumsily towards where Koaru lay, the man collapsed onto his knees with a sickening thud.
Wincing at the painful sound, Koaru moved towards Tyson, staring into his companion's eyes with unhidden distress.
Opening his quivering mouth to speak, Koaru felt his words suddenly fall to silent as a paired of warm arms fiery embraced him.
Surprised, he blinked for a moment in silent confusion as Tyson tightened his hold around his shoulders.
Feeling the grief in Tyson's action, Koaru swallowed back some of his own emotions that threatened to poor through him. His own body still shiver violently from the fall and gently as wrapped his own arms around Tyson, burying his face into the man's shoulder as he fought away the last remnants of fear.
”Ty?...I-It's okay”, he murmured softly, his voice slightly muffled by his friend's clouting.
Feeling Tyson's arms bring him closer, Koaru took comfort as he rested against Tyson's chest. The man's heart-beat pulsed wildly inside his chest and Koaru listened to quietly through his blood Jutsu. Taking comfort in it's sound and knowing that with each beat Tyson was alive and sitting with him.
"I almost lost you.", He muttered hoarsely, his voice tight as he pressed on,"I can't believe you think, that after all we've been through, I'd still want to go on without you. I need you, dammit!"
Feeling a tiny inkling of guilt trickled through his veins, Koaru shook his head slowly, “If it were for you, then it would have been okay”
Tyson pushed him back roughly at an arms length, his expression filled with horrified fury.
"Don't you understand? Can't you see what you do to me-?"
Koaru felt his pulse quicken at those words, he didn't understand Tyson's implication at all and yet something deep inside his chest warmed with realization.
Gazing kindly at his companion's grief-stricken face, Koaru touched a cool hand to Tyson's cheek.
His heart thrilled with affection for his precious companion and he spoke gently as he addressed Tyson.
“You're looking at me with such angry eyes again...but I- I'm happy to hear you say that”
Tucking a strand of hair behind Tyson's ear, Koaru added softly, “I upset you again, for that alone I am sorry”
His glossy gray eyes sorrow to them and instinctively he dropped his focus to his thin trembling fingers as they fumbled anxiously over each other his lap.
"I'm sorry.", The words were raw with emotion and raising his elegant neck to gaze up at Tyson, Koaru tilted his head subtly, questioning softly, “Why?...”
The man's embrace found him once more and Koaru accepted it as though it were the only thing on earth that could keep him alive.
He could feel Tyson's warm breath tickled his neck as he swallowed and pressed on, "I'm so sorry, Koaru."
The pain and apology in Tyson's voice was enough to make Koaru spill tears, however for the sake of being strong he held back his emotions and closed his eyes, resting warmly in Tyson's arms as he listened to the man's beautiful voice. "You were right. I should have listened. I should have..."
Tyson's finger's traced softly along his cheeks and pulling back slightly to stare into his companion grief-stricken features, Koaru felt a bittersweet feeling of sadness fill him.
Thoughtfully he murmured,“There was no way you could have predicted that...It wasn't your fault my friend”
His attention fell to Tyson's trembling lips and concerned, Koaru felt anxiety contort his beautiful features as Tyson gently clasped his face between warm fingers. What happened next caught him entirely off guard and closing his eyes obediently, Koaru felt Tyson's lips gently brush against his forehead in a soft kiss.
The sensation was strange, but wonderful and Koaru couldn't hide the blush that had tinted his cheeks.
"I'll never let you down again.", Tyson whispered seriously. His voice unwavering and completely true to his words as he rested his brow to Koaru's. "I promise you, from now on, I'll always protect you. Always."
Feeling the breath leave his lungs, Koaru stared deeply into Tyson's intensive crimson eyes. Feeling a truly joyous smile gently curl the corners of his lovely mouth, Koaru whispered, “Your words are my life-line Tyson. With you at my side I will fear no more, I'm safe in your arms and will protect you with everything that I am”
His words were an oath to his companion. A reflection of the feelings he felt towards Tyson and the acknowledgment of the man's feelings for him.
With his face so close to Tyson's, Koaru gently touched his lips to Tyson's as he whispered, “I own my life you Tyson... Thank you for saving me”
His words held deeper meaning to them and when Koaru pulled back, He traced his fingertips gently over the man's cheek.
His own features held warmth to them that seemed to eliminate his feminine qualities.
Resting his head lightly against Tyson's chest, Koaru traced his eyes over Tyson's forearm. All along the man's wrist lay deep burns that ran down to his elbow. Narrowing his eyes with some distress Koaru ran his cool fingertips over the wound tenderly, carefully not to hurt Tyson.
“Your injury is bad...”, He murmured thoughtfully, raising his head to stare curiously into Tyson's eyes, “Ty you should rest...I''ll mend your wound”
Holding a rather determined expression in place, Koaru nodded reassuringly as he place his fingertips over the damaged skin, pouring some of his own chakra into the burns. Smoothing away the pain and healing up the scars.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:00 pm

When Koaru met his gaze, Tyson shrunk away from the intensity, but the warmth in his friend's smile kept him in place, his body resting heavily on his weak knees. There was no running away this time. Even if he found his feet, he would only fall. The effect that Koaru had on him was strange and unwelcome, but it was time to face it head-on. He just didn't have a choice... Not any more.
“Your words are my life-line ,Tyson.” Koaru whispered, the sincerity of his words causing Tyson to look away, bowing his head in shame, so his fringe shadowed his anxious eyes.
”With you at my side,” Koaru continued, [i]”I will fear no more, I'm safe in your arms and will protect you with everything that I am.”
“That's not-” Tyson began objecting, hissing past clenched teeth, but he stopped when Koaru's lips met his own, silencing him abruptly. He grunted in surprise, and for the second time in too few hours, a thrill shot up his spine, raising goosebumps on the back of his neck, and causing his muscles to tense instantly. His fists clenched so hard that it hurt.
This time, however, he did not pull away. He couldn't pull away from Koaru... Not again. He feared that if he did, he would lose all that he cared about... The one thing that made him whole.
I almost lost you once. He thought desperately, bowing his head again when Koaru's lips left his, releasing him, I won't lose you again.
Koaru's thanks washed over his deaf ears, and Tyson flinched at the gentle touch on his cheek as though it were a slap. He felt every touch in the innermost parts of himself, be it in a shiver on his skin, or a skipped beat of his heart. Everything Koaru did had a strange, enchanting power over him, and it sickened Tyson to recognize it as the feeling called 'love'. When he'd fallen as far as he had, however, there was no denying it. He was in love with a man - completely and irrevocably – and it was tearing him up from the inside out.
What have I become...? What would my father think of me now? I can just barely stand myself.

Feeling Koaru's head rest lightly against his chest, Tyson's thoughts broke off, and he tensed at the contact, looking down at his friend's beautiful, long hair with a frown. His loathsome heart quickened its beating, and Tyson tasted shame on his lips.
“Your injury is bad...” Koaru said gently, looking up at his guarded eyes, “Ty, you should rest...I''ll mend your wound.”
Without waiting for his okay, Koaru placed his healing fingers over the wound, and Tyson was forced to push his friend's hands firmly aside as he answered, “No, leave it.”
He flexed the fingers on his right hand, then pressed them to the ground, ignoring the burn, and pushed himself to his feet. His knees trembled for a moment, then locked with determination as he pushed his shock aside through strength of will alone.
“I don't want to be healed,” He explained, his voice gentle, even in all its firmness, “A mistake earned me these wounds, and I'd be a fool to forget it.” He shook his head, staring down at the claw-like slashes of red marking the burns on his arm. They were painful, but beautiful, in their cruel, vicious way.
“The Kyuubi's chakra is far from forgiving...” He mused softly, casting Koaru a concerned glance. Extending his burned arm, he heaved his companion to his feet, and raised the man's arm to examine his own burn from the Kyuubi.
With an angry tsk of his tongue, he released it from his gasp, and muttered, “It's pathetic that I should have to hurt you to save you...” Sighing in regret, he turned a glance to his own left arm which hung limply by his side. It felt hot and faintly tingly, and the sensation of pain was there, but for the life of him, Tyson could not pinpoint it. Then he tried to move a finger, and agony lanced through him like a knife through butter.
With a hiss like a wounded animal, he clutched his arm and staggered sideways, the muscles twitching horribly like maggots beneath his skin as they struggled impossibly to obey his simple command.
“This one you can help with.” He muttered through clenched teeth, casting an angry glare at the arm to see the cap of his shoulder sagging several inches below where it should, making a sickening lump beneath the skin.
“I must've dislocated it when I grabbed that rope...” He mused softly, voice hoarse from suppressed agony. “Would you...?” He trailed off, nodding vaguely toward the shoulder as he clamped it tightly to his side. It had to be forced back into the socket before his muscles stretched any further. He could not afford the damage that such an injury would cause him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:08 am

((Woop!!!! Posted!))

“No, leave it.”
Feeling Tyson slip away from his touch, Koaru stared after his companion with clear distress.
“Tyson. This is a bad wound, it'll scar...”, he murmured softly, his features furrowing with concern as tried once more to heal the his friend's burns.
Catching the authority in Tyson's voice, Koaru flinched back hesitantly. His hands falling limp at his sides as he stared up into Tyson's stubborn gaze curiously.
“I don't want to be healed,”, He explained firmly, his voice far from unkind.
Sighing softly, Koaru winced as he watched Tyson stagger clumsy to his feet. The man's steps looked painful, but despite this he stood tall. His trembling legs ridged with pride.
Narrowing his eyes thoughtfully Koaru clenched his jaw anxiously. Dropping his gaze to his hands, he fumbled clumsily with the material of his sleeve. His manner like that of a scolded child.
“I don't understand... ”, he murmured timidly.
Raising his chin to stared up at Tyson, Koaru's gentle eyes questioned him silently.

“A mistake earned me these wounds, and I'd be a fool to forget it.”, Tyson explained bitterly. His crimson gaze tracing thoughtfully over the vicious claw-like burns that stood out against his tanned skin.
Musing softy he added ,“The Kyuubi's chakra is far from forgiving...”
Nodding his head sullenly, Koaru finally understood Tyson's reasoning behind holding onto the scar.
The leaf-ninja wasn't pleased about his companion's decision, but didn't press the subject further out of seer warrior's respect.
When Tyson offered out his hand, Koaru watched him with politely raised eyebrows. A weak, but grateful smile curled his lips and nodding his head in grateful thanks, he allowed his friend to help him back onto his feet.
His legs still trembled slightly with shock, but soon stilled when he turned his attention away from the cliff's edge.
Finding Tyson's fingers lightly gripped around his burnt forearm, Koaru stared towards his companion with a subtly pained expression. The sensation of contact to the burn sent a bullet of pain up through his arm. Keen not upset his friend, Koaru pushed the pain it aside without further care.
His burns weren’t nearly as bad as Tyson's, but still lay raw and inflamed against his ivory skin.
“It's nothing bad”, Koaru reassured, a gentle smile warming his features as he took in Tyson's angered expression.
With irritated tsk of his tongue, Tyson released Koaru from his grasp.
“It's pathetic that I should have to hurt you to save you...”
The regret in Tyson's tone caused Koaru to shake his head in tactful disprovable. Thoughtful as always he murmured softly, “The method doesn't matter. You still saved me Tyson... A tiny burn is a small price to pay for a chance at life”
Gently flexing his pale hand, Koaru smiled gently. He could already feel his burns healing away thanks to the chakra in his blood.

Hearing a pained hiss echoed from Tyson's lips, Koaru turned his focus once more to his precious friend.
His expression hollowed with panic as he caught sight of the hidden agony in Tyson's expression.
“Ty? Are you okay?”
Moving quickly to his friend's aid, Koaru placed a gentle hand on the man's good shoulder. Steadying him as he threatened to stagger sideways.
Feeling a form lump for in his throat Koaru took note of the sickening dip that had formed between Tyson's shoulder and arm.
“This one you can help with.”, He muttered softly. His teeth clenched in suppressed agony as his fingers clutched tightly around the flesh of his sagging arm.
Musing softly he explained, “I must've dislocated it when I grabbed that rope...”
The very idea made Koaru shudder and mulling over the possible muscle damaged, he felt guilt gnaw away at his insides.
If Tyson hadn't tried to catch me... then perhaps he wouldn't have hurt himself like this. His arms have been ruined on my accord...what have I done?
Trailing his pained eyes over the man's sickeningly slumped shoulder, Koaru felt Tyson's hoarse voice surprise him.
“Would you...?”
Nodding seriously in agreement, Koaru breathed in slowly, “It'll hurt terribly, but I should be able to fix it”
Unsure of whether or not he could actually repair the damage to the man’s muscles, Koaru clenched his jaw with determination. For his sake, I must try...
Taking a firm but gentle hold of Tyson's upper-arm, Koaru murmured softly, “Please bear this. I know it hurts, but I'll do my best to make it quick ”
Breathing in deeply, Koaru's took a moment settle his courage.
You have to be a little cruel to be kind. For Tyson's sake, you'll have hurt him

Feeling a dangerous kind of strength pulse through his limps, Koaru skillfully angled his friend's arm. Bending it back painfully before setting it into place through a single swift movement.
Hearing the bones click painfully together, Koaru grimaced as strained muscled rippled subtly beneath his fingertips. Once everything had been slipped back into their correct places, Koaru inspected his work through intelligent eyes.
“Your bone's are fine for the moment, but your muscles are my main concern...We'll need to rest here for the night while I work on repairing them.”
Smiling weakly, Koaru traced his fingertips over Tyson's shoulders, “Your relax for now okay? I'll take care of everything else”

Not waiting for Tyson's answer, Koaru quickly worked on setting up a basic campsite.
Venturing out to retrieve water from a nearby steam, he then returned a few minutes later with three freshly filled canteens.
Passing one thoughtfully towards Tyson, Koaru then focused his energy on lighting a small fire.
He had it burning quickly and felt grateful to the the gods that he had gotten it going before the darkness of night could successfully catch them.
Relaxing at last, Koaru padded soundlessly towards Tyson. His expression warm and concerned as he quired curiously, “Shall I take a look at that arm now?”
Perching himself neatly beside his companion, Koaru balanced a small canteen of water near his feet.
Focusing his chakra into his fingertips, he then held his hand over the canteen. Drawing out a shining ribbon of liquid and wrapping it neatly around Tyson's strained shoulder muscles.
The sight was quiet unnatural and the water took on a jelly-like appearance as Koaru began soothing it over Tyson's arm. Pulling out the pain and repairing the damaged cells where necessary.
The healing process took deep amounts of concentration and chakra, but once the elasticity of the muscles had been repaired, Koaru released the ribbons of water into a small pool on the ground.
Still feeling slightly concerned, Koaru murmured kindly, “I've done all I can. It'll still be stiff for a while, but a least the damage is gone ”

Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:19 pm

“It'll hurt terribly," Koaru murmured, his tone remorseful as he told Tyson what he already knew, "But I should be able to fix it.”
Nodding gratefully, Tyson hesitantly released his sore arm - wincing as he felt it hang limply down at his side - and allowed Koaru to take a look at it. He tried hard not to react to the pain, but when Koaru touched his arm, he couldn't help but flinch. Cursing himself, he tensed his muscles, gritting his teeth, and stood his ground while Koaru took a firm grip on the useless limb hanging beside him.
“Please bear this. I know it hurts, but I'll do my best to make it quick." His companion said kindly, and Tyson nodded in response.
"I understand." He answered, "I've known far worse pain. Do it."
Then Koaru's grip on his arm tightened, and in an instant, Tyson felt hot knives of pain shoot up his arm. A groan escaped his lips before he could stop it, and he felt himself automatically flinch away from the agony as Koaru jarred his shoulder roughly back into its socket. He bit back a yelp, hissing through his teeth instead as he staggered sideways, clutching his arm to his side. His face was contorted with pain, but with his shoulder back in its socket, the worst of it was gradually wearing off. Twitching slightly, he hesitantly released his arm, and flexed his fingers experimentally. It hurt like hell, but at least he could move again.
He breathed a sigh of relief, swallowing the bile that the agony had brought to his throat.
“Your bone's are fine for the moment," Koaru told him, and Ty nodded gratefully, "But your muscles are my main concern... We'll need to rest here for the night while I work on repairing them.”
He nodded, taking a deep breath, then releasing it slowly when Koaru's fingers touched his shoulders. He felt them slump obediently at the contact, releasing the tension that he had built up.
“You relax for now okay? I'll take care of everything else.”
"I will." Tyson agreed, casting Koaru a grateful smile, "Thank you, my friend..." His eyes searched Koaru's for a moment, and as he felt an unwelcome warmth begin spreading through him, he glanced away, retreating to a tree stump nearby to sit down. He held his arm tenderly to his side, and while Koaru began preparing a campsite, Tyson just stared at the ground, frowning miserably at a mushroom growing near his foot.
Everything that Koaru did affected him now. Every word, every touch, every blink of his beautiful eyes... There was just no escape, but still Tyson didn't understand...
If Koaru was a man, then how could it be that he had developed such feelings for him? Maybe deep down he knew the truth, but whether or not he could face it was a different matter entirely. All he knew was that he was confused, and his mind ached from thinking. He just wanted answers; answers to questions that he hadn't quite the courage to ask.

Tyson was still lost in thought when Koaru returned from the stream, but he caught the canteen that his friend tossed him, and took an absentminded sip while Koaru started the fire. A few minutes later, he heard a friendly voice beside him ask, “Shall I take a look at that arm now?”
"Arm...?" He stared stupidly at Koaru, his mind still hazy with the many thoughts whirring through it. Then he seemed to click, and muttered, "Oh, right. My arm."
Realizing that he was still clutching it, he released it, and lifted it a little. It trembled violently, and his strained muscles partically screamed in protest, but the unruly limb obeyed his instructions nevertheless.
He shifted over when Koaru sat beside him, and turned his face away to hide the shameful colour of his cheeks while Koaru worked on his arm. He could feel his muscles knitting together and tightening beneath the skin as the soothing sensation of cold water wriggled over his skin, guided by Koaru's jutsu. He twitched uncomfortably when a horrible itching accosted him deep in his arm, but he could feel his muscles healing, so he forced himself to bear it, until at last Koaru said, “I've done all I can. It'll still be stiff for a while, but a least the damage is gone."
The itching stopped, and Tyson breathed a sigh of relief, then lifted his arm to examine it. He stretched it out to the front, then to either side, and flexed his fingers, clenching and unclenching his fist.
"That's remarkable..." He murmured at last, studying his arm in awe, "You really are skilled, you know." He looked at Koaru, and smiled as he added earnestly, "Thank you. You've saved me an awful lot of pain and trouble."
His gaze softened, and he blinked warmly at his friend, honestly rather touched by the amount of care he had received. It had been far too long since anybody had really cared about him... In fact, since he had left home, he was mostly treated like some vessel, useful only for storing the Kyuubi's vast destructive power. He frowned at the thought, then turned his gaze to the fire, staring deep into the flickering flames.
"You know I appreciate you looking after me like this." Tyson mumbled, casting Koaru a sideways glance as he warmed his hands over the fire, "You really are too kind for your own good."

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:53 am

((Koaru had an oddly thoughtful moment towards the end. Lolz maybe I can get him to chat about the gay thing after Mahahaha.^^))

“That's remarkable...”, Tyson murmured appreciatively. His tanned arm moving rhythmically to his commands while he flexed out his fingers experimentally.
Pleased as always to be useful, Koaru felt a faint blush warm his cheeks as Tyson's earnest smile caught him.
“You really are skilled, you know”
Rubbing his head thoughtfully in response, Koaru beamed back shyly, “It's nothing really. I was lucky to have a skilled teacher when I was young, He taught me everything I know.”
Shifting comfortably in his seat, Koaru fiddled aimlessly with a loose strand of purple hair.
His heart-beat seemed to quickened whenever he dared to steal a glance towards Tyson, And it was with simple fascination that he silently observed the man's subtle but softened expression.
It was strange to find such an aloof person like Tyson warm to kindness, and smiling gently at the thought Koaru mulled secretly, I feel as thought I'm finally getting to see the real you Ty. You're heart is warm like the playful flames before us
The soft gray of Koaru's eyes reflected the warm orange colors of the fire like a mirror.
Staring towards tiny flames, he found himself watching them with a strange longing in his gaze. His thoughts ever more on the man he so adored.

“Thank you. You've saved me an awful lot of pain and trouble.”
Tyson's words caught Koaru by surprise. Blinking for a moment, he gazed upwards to meet his companion's eyes thoughtfully. He was touched by Tyson's gratitude and tracing his cool fingers over the hot blush burning into his cheeks, he scolded playfully, “Your making me blush Ty...but I'm glad I could have been of some use, I was really worried about you back there”
Blinking through elegantly long lashes, Koaru returned Tyson's warm smile earnestly, before silently following the man's attention back to the campfire.
After a few minutes of wordless peace, Tyson's kind voice drifted over head.
“You Know I appreciate you looking after me like this”
Koaru's kind gaze became thoughtful for a moment and closing his eyes in simple relaxation, he replied softly, “I'm happy to hear you say that Ty...it's a true reward to be in your company. Seeing you relax like this, it just...it makes me happy”
With his nerves dancing through his chest like a swarm of buzzing bees, Koaru picked up a stray stick from the floor. Examining it for a moment, he then fed it into the fire.
“You really are too kind for your own good”, Tyson murmured slowly. His crimson eyes meeting Koaru's with a mysterious sideways glance.

Feeling guilt echo secretly with in his heart, Koaru slowly shook his head, “You say such interesting things my friend, but I'll have to disagree with you on that one...There was a time not too long ago, when the word 'kindness' would have been less than alien to me.”
The silent but sorrowful sins of Koaru's past seemed to call out to him in mournful tune. Lost for barely a moment in their cruel chorus, He breathed in deeply, sealing them away with a simple, but pretty smile.
A tiny pause of silence seemed to bring out the sounds of natural sounds of the forest around them.

Resting his dainty chin within his palm, Koaru murmured softly,“I was just thinking...”, his eyes wide with question as he went on almost hesitantly, “...Do you think that sins are ever forgiven?”
Narrowing his eyes for moment as the odd questioned settled overhead. Koaru gazed towards Tyson with uncharacteristic intensity.
“I've been praying to gods who I barely believe in for an answer...but in all my foolishness I've found nothing.”
Chuckling for a moment, he flicked his pretty head innocently, allowing his hair to fall neatly over his shoulders.
“Perhaps it all comes down to mystery of what makes something right or wrong...people live by their own justices after all, each seeing the world through different eyes”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:36 am

((Brilliant. XD
Aaaaw, he loves his Ty. Razz So cute! ))

Tyson frowned when Koaru shook his head, and raised an eyebrow questioningly, wondering if perhaps he had said something wrong.
“You say such interesting things my friend, but I'll have to disagree with you on that one..." Koaru replied, causing Tyson's eyes to narrow slightly as he folded his arms over his chest. So he had said something wrong, apparently. "There was a time not too long ago, when the word 'kindness' would have been less than alien to me.”
"What do you mean?" He asked, fixing Koaru with a sharp, intelligent gaze. It was clear to him that Koaru was hiding something - that smile spoke a thousand words - but what it was, he could not say. As much as he knew about Koaru's past, there was still so much more that he didn't know... But he was not one to pry. He would listen only when Koaru wanted to talk, and not a minute before.
“I was just thinking...” The beautiful man continued haltingly, “...Do you think that sins are ever forgiven?”
This question caught him off guard and, taken aback, Ty could only clear his throat awkwardly before Koaru had gone on again.
“I've been praying to gods who I barely believe in for an answer... But in all my foolishness I've found nothing. Perhaps it all comes down to mystery of what makes something right or wrong... People live by their own justices after all, each seeing the world through different eyes.”
A moment of silence crept between them, and then Tyson nodded. "Yes..." He murmured, frowning, "I suppose you're right..." There was another thoughtful pause, and then he turned back to Koaru's original question, absentmindedly tossing little sticks into the fire as he replied, "I don't buy in to any of this 'afterlife' nonsense. In my opinion, if I can't see, hear or touch it, then it doesn't exist. Our sins are our own burdens, and the way I see it, it's only our own forgiveness that we have to earn." He uttered a humourless chuckle, and added quietly, "And sometimes that is the hardest of all, wouldn't you agree?"

He turned his gaze to the stars, thinking over words spoken as much to himself as to Koaru. At that moment, his own heart was black with sin. After all, he was falling irrevocably in love with the man beside him. Time and again he tried to deny it, but no amount of stubbornness could change the cold, hard fact that had struck him the moment he had seen Koaru fall from that bridge: He couldn't live without that man by his side. If he even tried, he feared his heart would break.
But to love another man; that in itself was a sin. Regardless of gods or demons, Tyson was unsure if he could ever forgive himself for such a deep impurity. It was a flaw in himself that he simply could not overlook, and as far as 'hell' went - that was the place where a man found himself trapped within his own disappointment. In a way, Tyson was there already. He saw no path forward in his life that would not bring him trouble or misery. Leave Koaru, and his heart would break. Stay, and his mind would break it.
Such a fragile thing; at times he wondered if perhaps he was better off without it.

"What of you, my friend?" Ty questioned softly, turning a brief glance to Koaru as he sought council from the one person who might understand his trouble, "Do you believe it's possible to live on a sinner? Or," A sickly smile curved his lips, "At such a point, is a life of damnation simply inevitable? Frankly, I'm just not sure any more." He shook his head, then suddenly dismissed the conversation with a wave of his hand.
"Enough speaking in riddles." He stated firmly, "We're... Friends, aren't we?" Ty didn't pause to dwell on the status of their relationship, "You should feel free to tell me directly what's on your mind. Maybe I'm a hypocrite for saying that, but," He shrugged, "In any case, you know you'll find no judgement here. I'm here to support you," He laid a hand on Koaru's shoulder, "No matter what you did in your past. It's the present that counts, after all."

((I see what you did there, Ty. Shift the spotlight onto Koaru, why don't you. Well guess what, buddy, there's a light in that closet of yours, and we'll shine you out eventually. Suspect ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next