Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^)) - Page 2 Empty Re: The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

Post  Imperial Ink Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:56 pm

When Tyson nodded his head with confidence, Koaru felt an inkling of emotion burn his gut. He wasn't sure of what kind of feeling it was, but at that moment that he felt a deep sense of devotion to his new friend.
He felt the need to say something or do somthing, but found no words or action that would make sense at that point.
His throat felt tight and despite his calm smile he turned away from his olive-skinned friend, to gaze back out over the peaceful darkening yard outside.

It's not my place to get involved, even if I want to...no matter how much I want to, It's Tyson's goal and not mine., he thought silently before sighing. My purpose isn't with him...it's to stay here, out of the way...far away from any more battles
A firm hand on his shoulder startled Koaru back to reality and he blinked stupidly for a moment as Tyson's proud expression met his.
Is something wrong?, he thought simply as his mute friend pressed a worded page into hand.
With kind politeness he accepted the note and began to read over it with curiosity.

As each word passed over his soft gaze, he felt a small blush tint his ivory cheeks as emotions of surprise, appreciation and gratitude began to well up inside him.
Your words sure are something else...How do I even begin to thank you. I wonder what they would sound like if you spoke them., he pondered shyly as his soft doe gaze followed Tyson's retreating form around the room.
His friend was clearly awkward over the note, but somehow this just made Koaru laugh silently to himself as his gratitude to the gesture grew. He went out his way to write that for me...

When Tyson pointed upwards towards a chess board resting on one of the shelves, his lips lay with a questioning expression that Koaru read as a request to play.
“A game of kings, Queens and Knights...I warn you though, I'm not a very good player”, Koaru added with a playfully grin before reaching up on his toes to take down a small wooden case with chess piece markings on it.
Once he had the box in hand he gestured for Tyson to follow him out onto the roofed porch area.
The sky had become dark, but outside the weather lay warm and comfortable.
“Shall we play here then?...there's still a table and cushions set up from my last tea ceremony practise”, he explained as he placed the wooden box on the table before quickly padding out into the kitchen to fetch a box of matches.
Once he returned, he quickly lit a few outside lamps that hung from the ceiling to give the pouch enough light for their game as they began to set up.
Koaru gave Tyson the option to choice which colour pieces he wanted to use.

When the game had begun, Koaru took to strategical thinking as he placed his pieces with elegance across the board.
His move choices were surprisingly complex considering that he wasn't a 'Good player' in his own opinion. The game held a deep aura of concentration over it at the two boys quietly took out each other's pieces tediously.
Koaru's dove voice suddenly broke the intense silence as he looked at Tyson with interest.
“Tyson?...Your words may be mute, but...In a way I'm almost glad.”, He smiled softly at this as he carefully moved his knight towards Tyson's Bishop.
“It's as though your words come directly from your heart, rather than your mouth.”
With a pale hand the leaf ninja stroked a strand of his purple hair away from his suddenly hesitant face, “I-I'm sorry, It's not really my place to say things like that aloud...but I find it interesting”, he explained a little shyly.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^)) - Page 2 Empty Re: The words of a Ninja ((Polo and Inkerz have a Naruto RP^^))

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Tyson followed Koaru out onto the porch, where the two took their seats and began the game. For the most part, it was played in silence, not only due to Tyson's quiet nature, but also because each of them seemed deeply intent on planning every move they made. It had been a long time since Tyson had played somebody who actually challenged his skills, but against Koaru he felt he could honestly say that he was evenly matched. The fact that Koaru thought he was a mediocre player was sheer modesty. Tyson did not buy it for a second.

When the game was almost halfway through, and Tyson was taking the time to devise a new strategy, Koaru suddenly looked at him thoughtfully, and said, “Tyson?...Your words may be mute, but...In a way I'm almost glad.” He glanced up in surprise at this, his fingers hovering pointlessly over his Bishop as he fixed Koaru with a questioning gaze, awaiting explanation.
“It's as though your words come directly from your heart, rather than your mouth.”
This statement was rather more direct than Tyson had expected, and for a moment he found himself awkwardly taken aback, but then Koaru quickly amended, “I-I'm sorry, It's not really my place to say things like that aloud...but I find it interesting.”
At these words, Tyson shook his head, dismissing Koaru's apology, and reached for his notepad. Honestly, the fact that Koaru voiced those thoughts that most people didn't dare speak was one of the reasons that Tyson liked him. He was open and direct, and the impression he gave Tyson was that everything he gave was all that he was. He would not be the type to stab a friend in the back, and Ty had known far too many of those types in his life.

He paused a moment before starting to write, then shrugged and scratched, I see no point in wasted words. If I don't mean it, I don't say it. He paused, then added, You're rather interesting yourself. It's been too long since I've met a man who dares speak his mind, and longer since I've met one with a mind worth speaking of.
His eyes darted to the chessboard and, distracted, he stopped writing, quickly moving his Bishop out of harm's way when his keen mind began formulating a new strategy.
He appeared to have relaxed considerably since his arrival, and it was clear that he was beginning to feel far more comfortable around Koaru. With the chess game atop all of this, Tyson was in a somewhat placid mood. It had been too long since he'd had any type of mental stimulation, and he was grateful for it. Koaru really was a decent guy. The more time Tyson spent around him, the more he felt himself warming to him...
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:49 pm

At fist Tyson seemed go a little awkward at Koaru's words and the young leaf ninja felt a small spark of regret flare in his chest.
However the awkwardness smoothed over at Koaru's apology and Tyson seemed to going to a small moment of though before pulling out his notepad.
With an agile flick of his wrist, Tyson scrawled out a response.
”I see no point in wasted words. If I don't mean it, I don't say it... You're rather interesting yourself. It's been too long since I've met a man who dares speak his mind, and longer since I've met one with a mind worth speaking of.”

With a feeling of genuine happiness, Koaru blinked appreciatively at his mute companion. “Your kindness is deep, thank you...I hardly deserve it though”, Koaru added with a simple smile.
Tyson had an insight that Koaru had never really seen before in another person. It was a new way of looking at things and it made Koaru tread a little recklessly around his own words when he spoke.
He had a feeling that Tyson wouldn't just judge him on his sometimes strange thoughts and ideas.
With an oddly grateful expression Koaru removed a defeated pawn from his side of the chess field, “Good move”, he stated observantly before setting his castle into a defensive position.

The game of chest pressed on longer that what both boy's would have expected and it was with a final strategical move that Tyson took the win from Koaru.
With a cheerful laugh Koaru congratulated his friend, “That was intense. Well Done on that last move, It was brilliant.”
He winked with soft eyes towards Tyson before allowing a small yawn to escape his lovely pale lips.
Darkness had claimed the sky completely and the lamps had burned up most of their oil over the passing time.
Observantly Koaru stood up to put them out one by one, chatting to Tyson over his shoulder as he did so, “It's getting late. Lets get to bed for now...Of course your welcome to stay up if you want to.”
Once most of the lamps were out Koaru set to work on picking up the chess pieces and packing them away neatly into the small wooden box they had come in.
“I see that your sister's taken over the spare room”, He added with a small humored laugh before catching Tyson's eye and offering warmly “I'll set up a mattress in the dojo for you...it's not first class, but in my opinion it's the best room in the house.”
There's just something comforting about polished wooden floors, Japanese papered walls and general space. I guess the only reason I love it is because it reminds me of home
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:35 am

After he had said goodnight to Koaru, Tyson proceeded to bed, finding himself in a surprisingly good mood after the enthralling game of chess, and the rare company of a fellow intellect. He enjoyed being around Koaru, perhaps more than he cared to admit. For too long he had been sitting in silence while careless fools spoke over his head, and it was actually nice to have somebody appreciate what he had to say for once. His devotion to his new friend was only growing from strength to strength.

Thus, even after Lizzie awoke the following day, Tyson made no attempt to leave. He was content with Koaru's company, and the man's hospitality was the closest thing to kindness that he had experienced in far too many months. Even if Lizzie had her doubts and complaints, Tyson felt nothing but gratitude for their host's kindly actions.
Throughout the course of the next week, the black-haired man who Tyson had noticed at the site of the battle began stopping by daily to speak to Koaru. Tyson, of course, kept out of it. He could guess what it was about, but frankly, he did not care in the slightest. If the village was growing suspicious, then he would be glad to leave. He saw no point in staying where he was unwanted. Still, until such time as he was ordered to, he had no intention of leaving Koaru's side. He had grown rather fond of his strange companion, and his loyalty for him was certainly not skin deep.

On the tenth day since the battle, the man called Tatsuya called again, this time bearing a scroll summoning Tyson and Lizzie to the Hokage's office for questioning. Tyson was sitting in his usual spot on the couch at the time, sketching in his notebook, and he barely looked up when the man arrived; just shrugged, and went back to drawing. Lizzie, on the other hand, was curious, and followed Koaru when he went over to speak to Tatsuya.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:25 am

A week passed by quickly for Koaru and each day was spent in bliss as the young Ninja hosted his new friends to the best of his abilities. His bond to Tyson grew more and more as the days passed by.
Of course Tyson and Lizzie still lay shrouded in mystery, but this made them ever interesting to Koaru.
The Young Ninja had his duties to village to fulfill during the day, but when he arrived home for the evenings Tyson would be there in his usual spot and they would spend their evenings playing chess, drawing and even occasionally reading.
The only thing that seemed to unsettle Koaru that week, were the daily visits from Tatsuya.
His dark haired friend had been particularly hostile about the whole situation with Tyson and Lizzie, especially after the Sand-Ninja attack.

It was on the tenth day since meeting Tyson that Tatsuya showed up on Koaru's doorstep.
As per usual Koaru politely opened the door to greet his handsome friend with Lizzie curiously standing at his side,
Tatsuya's expression seemed to melt from it's usual seriousness to warmth as he spoke with Koaru.
However something different in his manner set Koaru on edge and it was with much uncooperation that he allowed Tatsuya to push passed him into the house with a note of summons addressed to Tyson and Lizzie.
“They are to come with me Koaru, they could be dangerous”, Tatusya explained with a hard expression as he made his way into the lounge area. Koaru showed nothing but mulish stubbornness as he spoke with his arm folded over his chest,“I'm not one to object to direct orders from the Hokage, but this is ridiculous Tatsuya.... They helped us during the attack, they aren’t our enemies”
The older Jounin didn't look convinced and glared hotly at Tyson as the boy sat drawing in his notepad. Tasuya's seemed to blame Tyson for Koaru's annoyance.
“Your are and your sister are to come with me to headquarters by letter of Summons ”, He explained simply to Tyson. Koaru stepped to object, but Tatsuya raised a hand to silence him.
“Fine...If your taking them, then I'm coming too.”, Koaru murmured as he eyed Tatsuya with something close to threat. “I hosted them and am equally to blame if they are guilty of any crime...Lets get going then”
Tatsuya wasn't pleased with this and looked slight taken aback by Koaru's annoyance, he was usually so calm and placid.
After a few objections from the Older Jounin, Koaru finally got his way and Tatsuya led them towards the Hokage's headquarters with a clear bite of resentment aimed towards Tyson in particular.

Once inside headquarters, Tatsuya left them in the care of the Konoha Anbu.
They were the higher ups here and focused on cracking secrets and getting the information they needed from even the toughest of Sources.
Koaru was soon forced to leave Tyson and Lizzie's sides after they were taken in for private questioning. But before they left he allowed a reassuring smile to taint his features and he patted Tyson on the back and adding softly in his ear, “I'll be waiting for you, I won't let them harm you with out consequence”
Once Tyson had disappeared from view, Tatsuya returned to Koaru's side. “It's your turn for questioning...follow me”, he ordered simply as he took hold of Koaru's shoulder and gently led him towards a few comfortable chairs that lay neatly against the wall.
Once they were both seated Tatsuya began to question Koaru on a whole range of situation based questions. When Koaru answered them, it was with honesty and frighting calmness.
One question in particular caught Koaru a little off guard however and he stared at Tatsuya in confusion,“Why are you trying so hard to help that kid Koaru?...your too kind and that’s normal, but I've never seen you put up such a fuss over anybody... except for me ”
Tatsuya's dark eyes flickered with jealousy and he gently touched his hand to Koaru's ivory cheek.
With an awkward blush Koaru slowly pulled Tatsuya's hand away before adding softly, “It's not something I can really explain...But Tyson saved my life and I owe him my gratitude.”
Koaru saw Tyson out of the comer of his eye. The man had emerged from one of the questioning rooms, followed by a member of the Anbu.
With a small smile Koaru added, “You know I used to think that I didn't have purpose...but Tyson set that worry to rest for me...he's an interesting person, I like how he thinks Tatsuya”
Tatsuya turned his gaze away from Koaru as the younger Jounin left to greet Tyson and Lizzie.
“Hey are you both alright?”, Koaru inquired with deep concern as he gazed as both Lizzie and Tyson with soft eyes.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Tyson found himself instantly irritated by Tatsuya's abrasive attitude, and from the moment the older man came to summon him to headquarters, he received no response from Tyson whatsoever, save one brief, bored glare. Tyson saw no reason to waste his attention on somebody so unjustifiably hostile.
Lizzie, on the other hand, was all over the Jounin, chatting, laughing and flirting in an attempt to shift any blame off her shoulders. Unfortunately for her, Tatsuya showed less than no interest in her, and by the time the trio had joined Tatsuya on the way back to headquarters, Lizzie was looking even more grumpy than Tyson.

When they arrived, Tyson was lead into an isolated room, and he took a seat on a hard wooden chair while a member of the Anbu proceeded to question him. Of course, he had no answers to any of the questions (Lizzie had stolen his pen), and his interrogator soon grew tired of his silence, and decided to examine his mind directly.
This, Tyson felt, was incredibly unfair treatment, but he offered no objection. Of course, no matter how hard the Konoha shinobi tried, he simply could not get past Tyson's rock-solid defenses.
When his interrogator finally realized that he was not going to get an information from Tyson, Lizzie was called in, and Tyson sat in his chair with his arms folded, looking bored and irritable while his sister lied through her teeth to get them out of trouble. She was sticking to the story that they were only innocent travelers who had been attacked by the Sand, and being the excellent liar that she was, she somehow managed to get the Konoha Anbu to buy her story. Tyson would rather have told the truth, but since Lizzie had his only means of speaking, that meant that he did not have a say. Not that he cared... It didn't matter to him anyway. Konoha was nothing to him.

At last, the pair were released, and they headed out into the next room to find Koaru and Tatsuya in an intense conversation. Tyson's eyes flashed, showing some hint of life for the first time since his arrival as his gaze locked fiercely on Tatsuya. He did not trust that man, and the atmosphere between him and Koaru was a tense one. Tyson found his hackles rising automatically out of protectiveness for his friend.
Luckily, before he could glare at Tatsuya for too long, Koaru came over and asked, “Hey are you both alright?” Tyson shrugged and looked away in a grumpy fashion, while Lizzie uttered her usual tinkling laugh and replied, "Oh yes, just fine. Everybody here has been so kind and understanding." She smiled brightly, and absentmindedly hugged Tyson's arm, earning a withering glare from him as he jerked irritably away. She rolled her eyes at him, and chuckled as she went on, "I guess everyone was kind of suspicious because of Ty's fancy-pants jutsu, but I just explained how we were passing through, and how you found us after we were attacked by the Sand..."
Lizzie chattered on for a while, while Tyson stood silently beside her, looking rather bored. After a while he noticed his pen sticking out of her pocket, so he snatched it, and shoved it back into his own pocket with an irritable huff.
Taking out his notepad, he scrawled simply, Shut up., and shoved the page roughly into Lizzie's hand. Then, turning to Tyson, he offered a mild half-smile, and nodded toward the door, clearly asking if it was fine to go. He was grateful to his new friend for accompanying them, and even more grateful for him offering to share in the blame if they were in fact deemed a threat. Koaru was a good, honourable man, and Tyson had grown incredibly fond of him in their short time together. It had been a long time since anybody had won his respect, but Koaru he respected completely.
With this thought in mind, he sketched a quick 'Thank you' on his notepad, and offered it to his friend like a subtle whisper. It was obvious that he meant it. Koaru had stood loyally by his side, and Tyson appreciated that more than words could express.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Lizzie took it upon herself to answer Koaru's question and began to explain animatedly about how well the interrogation had gone. When Koaru heard this he immediately felt some of the stress in his gut melt away. He had been particularly concerned over the reactions his higher ups would have had to a situation like this. It was actually a little surprising to hear that they had not been put up for further investigation, but Koaru figured that with the war going on, something like this was a little trivial in comparison.

Once Lizzie had finished speaking, Koaru showed his relief and joy through a cheerful expression as he replied with energetic politeness “That's fantastic news, really it is”
His soft grey eyes felt back to Tyson who lurked silently beside his sister like a pretty wall flower.
In response to his acknowledgement of Tyson, he was gifted with a handsome half-smile from his mute friend as well as a curious nod towards the door. Tyson's questioning gaze seemed to ask, 'Is it fine to go?'
At this Koaru pondered for a moment before smiling warmly and adding, “I think we've had enough of this place, lets get going then shall we?”
As Koaru turned towards the door, Tyson slipped a note secretly into his opened palm.
With a subtle glance towards the fragment of paper, a blush airbrushed his pallid cheeks as the words, 'Thank you' filled him with ever growing appreciation for Tyson.
“That really means a lot”, He whispered warmly as he winked with an expression of soft gratitude.

As the trio made their towards the doors, Tatsuya suddenly caught Koaru firmly by the wrist from behind, making the young leaf ninja spin around in surprise.
“Tatsuya?...is something wrong?”, He asked with sudden concern as the older man pressed a scroll firmly into his long fingered hands.
“You've got new orders from the Higher ups...”, He explained with seriousness before adding in slightly warmer and rather concerned tone, “Hey?...You better take care of yourself Koaru, this task isn't going to be an easy one”
With a cheerful smile Koaru closed his fingers around the scroll in acceptance before uncontentiously taking a step closer towards Tyson,”You worry about me too much Tatsuya, I'm not as frail as you think I am”, He replied with a well-humored laugh before patting the man's cheek casually.
“Thank you though...I'll do my best to come back in one piece”, He finished with a lovely blink of his doe eyes before finally turning away from the older Jounin and exiting the building.
As they walked away, Tatsuya seemed to linger on with a darker glare aimed towards Tyson.
“I've got my eye on you Fire-boy”, he murmered threateningly as they left.
Koaru hadn't heard Tatsuya's words, but he had sensed the man's hostility with Tyson and instinctively he felt the need to protect Tyson over his Jounin friend.
He wasn't entirely sure of why Tatsuya was behaving the way he was, but Koaru wouldn't let an unjust accusation or judgement hurt Tyson. That just wasn't going to happen.
With a small sigh Koaru turned to Tyson and murmured calmly, “Sorry about him, he's really not a bad person...he means well at least”

The trio only returned to Koaru's house at around lunch time.
With the newly received Scroll in hand and a plater filled with Japanese styled snacks on the table. Koaru found himself sitting neatly beside Tyson on the Coach as he read and re-read over the contents of his new mission with interest.
For a while he didn't touched his food and deeply lay lost in the words of the curling parchment.
Once he was satisfied and had all the information memorized, he turned stood up to hold the page over a candle flame.
Fire licked hotly at it and burned it to grey ashes before his eyes.
With a small smile he turned towards Tyson and added, “I'm going to miss your company, when I go on my mission...You'll take care of the house while I'm gone won't you?”
Despite Koaru's cheerful disposition, it was clear that the task he had been set out to accomplish bothered him rather deeply.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Back at Koaru's house, Tyson found himself sitting in his usual spot with Koaru beside him. He was helping himself to the snacks laid out on the table, but even as he ate, his attention was elsewhere. He was watching Koaru read over his mission scroll, and Tyson couldn't help but notice the other man's displeasure. He seemed worried by his mission. Frankly, Tyson longed to ask him about it, but he knew better than to get involved in other people's business. Besides, curiosity was most unlike him. Why should he care what mission Koaru had to go on?
Uttering a sulky huff, he helped himself to another mouthful of food, deciding firmly to ignore Koaru while he pored over the scroll in his hands. Unfortunately, try as he might, Tyson could not divert his attention from his friend. He had not seen Koaru look so worried before. It was clearly a dangerous mission...
Tyson was still pretending to ignore Koaru's obvious discomfort, when suddenly he held the scroll over a candle flame, and set it on fire. Tyson's gaze darted quickly to the flame, his eyes burning red with the reflection, and he shot Koaru a sharp glance, suddenly curious again now that the answer to his pondering had become impossible to achieve.
“I'm going to miss your company, when I go on my mission... You'll take care of the house while I'm gone won't you?” Koaru murmured in his soft voice, looking at Tyson with a smile that clearly failed to hide his worry. Tyson clenched his jaw, expression darkening, and shook his head mulishly. Grabbing his notepad in an irritable fashion, he scrawled quickly, 'I am not your housewife.'
He slid it over to Koaru, looking haughtily away, then suddenly grumbled in irritation and snatched it back, adding, 'Obviously I'll go with you, fool. And stop smiling like that, you're not fooling anybody. If you're worried, then say so. I'm here to assist, not to judge.'
He pushed the notepad towards Koaru - his handwriting uncharacteristically untidy from writing so fast - and stood up abruptly, turning away. He was annoyed that Koaru had expected him to stay behind, and frankly, he was insulted, too. Had he not proved his loyalty enough times for Koaru to realize that there was no way he intended to stay behind while his friend walked into the belly of the beast? Even without knowing what danger lay ahead, Tyson knew that he would rather die than let Koaru face it alone. That man had showed him rare kindness, and Tyson did not take such things lightly. His dedication to his friend was absolute.

Keen for some fresh air, Tyson turned his back on Koaru and left the room, walking out onto the porch. He stood with his hands in his pockets and his shoulders rolled back, holding his head high with pride as he gazed around, admiring the view or Koaru's garden. Lizzie would take care of the house, he was sure. Perhaps she would not do a good job, but she would ensure that nobody stole anything, at least. Unless she stole it herself, and Tyson could easily fix that. No matter how good a liar she was, he could see right through his sister.
Sighing at the thought, he shook his head, and glanced back toward the house to where he knew Lizzie lay, sleeping. He wondered what she would have to say about this... He had a feeling she would not approve. His friendship with Koaru had been making her behave in an oddly jealous fashion - probably just because she was used to always getting all the attention.
He shoot his head at the thought, turning his gaze back to the dying sunset in the evening sky. It was a beautiful sight, and with a quiet sigh, Tyson allowed his annoyance to leave him. It was unlike him to hold onto any inkling of irritation for long. Emotion was a waste of time. He preferred to handle situations with cool logic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:16 am

Koaru watched Tyson's expression harden at his words.
“Is something wrong?”, He questioned with thoughtfully concern as Tyson shook his head with mulish disapproval. Retrieving his notepad from his pocket, Tyson scribbled out the words. I am not your housewife.', with an irritable grumble as he pressed the note in Koaru's hand.
Realizing his mistake the young leaf ninja smiled weakly before apologizing quickly with sudden worry, “I-I didn't mean it like that... Forgive me”
He watched Tyson approach him in a haughty manner and flinched back slightly when his mute friend, snatched back the notepad from his hands.
Tyson's writing became uncharacteristic untidy as he irritably scratched down a few more words with his pen. Finishing Abruptly he then pushed the notepad back towards Koaru and exited the room as suddenly though insulted.
Koaru wasn't sure of what to do at first and felt his heart sink slightly as his friend's abrasive reaction.
His soft smile was still in place, masking his concern and panic. He turned his attention towards the notepad had been cast carelessly on the table. With glossy eyes he read over it with something close to sadness in his heart.
'Obviously I'll go with you, fool. And stop smiling like that, you're not fooling anybody. If you're worried, then say so. I'm here to assist, not to judge.'
“Tyson...”, He murmured softly as he picked up the notepad, clutching it firmly in his delicate hand. He couldn’t even begin to explain how deeply those words had touched him. No one would have shown such concern over him like this, not even Tatsuya.
His heart-beat quickened for a moment and he darted outside after Tyson on light feet.
When he found his silent friend, he hesitated slightly as the sight of him left Koaru slightly breathless.
Tyson held a dignified manner to his stance that Koaru thought to be almost prince-like. It suited him well against the background of the bleeding red sunset.
Concern pulled over his own lovely features as he saw Tyson's distance gaze staring out over the garden.
He approached him from behind with subtlety audible steps, making sure not to surprise him as he gently wrapped his arms around Tyson's shoulders.
“Thank you...”, He murmured softly as he rested his head against Tyson's neck.
A few moments of silence passed between them before Koaru finally continued,“I'm sorry... I should have taken your feelings into concern”. His tone held shame to it, his smile slipping away from his ivory lips as he tighten his grip ever so slight more.
“It just didn't occur to me that someone would ever want to share in my burden...”, he paused for a moment pressing Tyson's notepad back into his friend's hand.
A small smiley face lay sketched neatly near Tyson's untidy words.

With a deep breath Koaru finally slackened his grip on Tyson's shoulders, suddenly feeling shy and blushing with feminine beauty as he murmured thoughtfully, “I've said too much haven't I?”
He paused to walk over to the edge of the porch, the brilliant orange light of the sky highlighting streak in his mysterious purple hair.
“...This mission has me a little on edge I guess.”, He smiled sweetly for a moment as thought to reassure himself as a tremble shook his shoulders.“I'm scared Tyson...”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:52 am

Tyson heard Koaru approach, but he made no move to react; just stood there proudly, not so much as flinching as his friend walked up behind him. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but what happened next certainly wasn't it. A pair of arms folded delicately around his shoulders, and Tyson jumped despite himself, startled by the display of kindness. For a moment he half expected Koaru to strangle him, but when he felt the man's head resting against his neck, Tyson relaxed slightly.
"Thank you." Koaru murmured, and Tyson offered a noncommittal grunt in response, still staring stubbornly into the distance, although he was secretly enjoying this rare gesture of affection. It was not often that people appreciated him... That was one of the things he liked about Koaru... Even if it did leave him rather taken aback at times.
There was a long moment of silence, and just as Tyson was about to start growing uncomfortable, Koaru murmured, “I'm sorry... I should have taken your feelings into concern.” He felt the man's grip around him tighten, and he wordlessly laid a hand on his arm in a small gesture of reassurance.
“It just didn't occur to me that someone would ever want to share in my burden...”
He felt Koaru's arms slip away, and glanced back over his shoulder when his friend pressed his notepad back into his hand. He saw the happy face drawn there, and uttered a snort of amusement, smirking appreciatively.
Content now with Koaru's apology, Tyson unfroze at last, and looked up when his friend released him, walking to the edge of the porch to stand beside him. “I've said too much haven't I?” He asked, blushing, and Tyson just shrugged, a subtle smirk still in place on his face.
Koaru looked away, staring out over the garden, and Tyson watched him silently, once again surprised to see just how beautiful his friend was.
What a strange, strange man you are...
They each stood in silence for a while, before Koaru admitted quietly, “...This mission has me a little on edge I guess.” Ty saw his shoulders tremble, “I'm scared Tyson...”
Clenching his jaw slightly, Tyson walked over to Koaru. He took the man's hand, raised it to chest-level, and held it firmly in his own, meeting Koaru's gaze with burning intensity. His loyalty could not have been more obvious.
For a moment longer Tyson held his gaze, but then he looked away, dropping Koaru's hand as he reached for his notepad. He flipped the page, and wrote quickly,
'It's natural to be scared, but don't worry. I'll have your back.
Do you want to tell me about it?'

He looked at his friend, laying a reassuring hand on his shoulder. He didn't like to see Koaru looking so fragile, and though he had never been the 'touchy-feely' type, he felt the need to comfort his companion somehow. Since he had no words to offer, a single hand would have to do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:30 pm

When Tyson's hand closed around Koaru's, the young leaf Ninja blinked in simple surprise.
Gazing up, he was met with the reassuring sight of his precious new friend before him.
Tyson's stance held both pride and devotion which Koaru acknowledged with an expression of soft gratitude.
His fingers tightened slightly around Tyson's hand as he accepted the reassuring gesture.
It was true that they hadn't known each other for very long, but Koaru could sense how deep their devotion to each other already ran.
A deepening blush played on Koaru's cheeks and hesitantly he into stared into Tyson's intensely red eyes.
His gaze is much like a smouldering flame...it's warm and ever mysterious
Koaru's mask of smiles seemed to melt away under the intensity of Tyson's gaze, revealing his own fear openly as well as the discontentment in his soft grey eyes.

Tyson seemed to consider this for a moment before silently letting go of Koaru's hand and turning his attention to his notepad.
With precise and quick strokes of his pen, Tyson wrote out out a message which he then passed to Koaru.
With a weak smile the leaf ninja accepted the note and read it's contents with a anxious heart.
'It's natural to be scared, but don't worry. I'll have your back.
He looked back up towards Tyson, searching his gaze for a moment before gently cupping the boy's cheek,“If I have you at my side, then I know that I'll be safe...you are certain that you want to come though?”, he asked once more with deepening concern, even though he was sure of Tyson's answer already.
His eyes found the page once more and darted over the last few words, Do you want to tell me about it?
A reassuring hand found his shoulder and Koaru wrapped his own hand around Tyson's as he breathed in for a little courage, “If you are going to come with me, then I won't have you come in ignorance.”, he added with a small smile before staring out at the sunset once more.
It's the colour of blood...How fitting

“My task is to execute a group missing Nin”, He explained through a frighteningly calm tone.
“It's such a common task to us ninja, you would think nothing of it usually”, added with a small laugh that did nothing to hid his bitterness.
He then stared back at Tyson with dark eyes, “I don't like killing people Tyson...I don't want to kill my old comrades...I wish that it wasn't my place to even do so”
Koaru fiddled absent-mindedly with a loose strand of purple hair as he struggled to disentangle a small red flower that had settled itself in his hair.
“But If I don't carry out my mission...those ninja will come here with a thirst for blood”, he murmured thoughtfully before finally giving up on the knotted flower leaving it in a bigger knotted mess.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:16 pm

When Koaru's gaze met his, Tyson glanced away irritably, only to feel a hand cup his cheek, and guide his gaze back.
“If I have you at my side, then I know that I'll be safe..." Koaru murmured softly, "You are certain that you want to come though?” With an annoyed huff, Tyson pushed Koaru's hand away, reverting back to his usual aloof nature as he offered a firm nod in response to the question. He was growing tired of all this affection, so as was his wont, he chose to distance himself, at least a little, while he waited for Koaru to tell him about the mission.
When Koaru took his hand, Tyson nearly pulled it back - but upon noticing his friend's shaky displeasure, Tyson just gave his hand a reassuring squeeze instead, and listened patiently while Koaru explained.
He had to admit, what he heard surprised him. Most shinobi would think nothing of executing a group of missing nin - Tyson had experienced that first hand - and here Koaru was in a sorry state at the mere thought of it. In an alternate universe, Tyson might have looked down on Koaru for what could well be seen as 'weakness', but as circumstance would have it, all that Tyson saw was a level of loyalty that had become far too hard to come by. The people that he had once called his 'friends' were out ready to cut him down without giving him a second glance... Perhaps that was why Koaru's grief over his mission instilled Tyson with such respect.
He looked up at his friend, who was fiddling distractedly with a flower tangled in his long hair. Tyson waited for him to stop, then flicked his hand loose from Koaru's grip, and neatly plucked out the flower, flicking it into the open air to be carried away by the breeze.
For a while he stood beside Koaru, silently thoughtful, then took out his notepad. He considered it, hesitant and unsure, then tapped his pen decisively to the page, and decided to spill the truth in black and white.
I understand your feelings. He began, writing rather slower than usual, since he had to pause to think, Frankly, I appreciate your loyalty. None of my old comrades were in any way decent enough to feel remorse about dedicating themselves to destroying me. His pen hovered over the page for a moment, and a shadow of doubt crept into his mind as he stared down at the inked words, wondering if he had perhaps said too much. He felt he could trust Koaru, but this information was better left untouched. Perhaps he ought to have considered that earlier... After all, it was too late to back out now.
I am a Missing Nin from the Hidden Sand. His writing explained as he wrote on, And knowing my own feelings for my old village, I think that they would be fools not to take me down. Not that they even can. He paused with a hint of smugness, then shrugged and concluded, Your mission is a difficult one, but the fact that your conscience is restless because of it shows a strength of will seldom seen amongst the likes of us... I suppose in the end it all comes down to loyalty. Mine is to you, so whoever you choose as your enemy, I shall gladly take on as my own. But what you must decide is whether your loyalty lies with your village, or with your comrades. When you decide who you fight to protect, it makes it easier to cut down those who threaten them, even if it pains you.
He breathed a heavy sigh when he finished, flexing his hand irritably. He was not used to writing quite so much - ordinarily he had very little to say, but on this topic, his opinions were vast.

Lost in thought, Tyson turned away, and once again distanced himself as he re-entered the house, leaving Koaru standing alone on the porch. He needed space; solitude, too. Recently, with Koaru to attend to, Tyson's aloof nature had been stifled somewhat, but it was crying out for release now. For so long he had starved for attention, and to get it at last had been something miraculous... But now that Koaru was constantly lavishing it upon him, Tyson found himself pulling instinctively away. It was most unlike him to care, and the fact that he did was naught but a bother. He had done his bit - Koaru could handle the rest himself. Even if the idea of the mission caused him suffering, it would not kill him, so in the end it was of little consequence to Tyson. He would protect Koaru, but the fact that he had chosen to comfort his friend at all was so bizarrely out of character that Tyson barely knew who he was. Perhaps Koaru's kind nature was rubbing off on him...

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:57 am

'I am a Missing Nin from the Hidden Sand.'
Those words stuck out on Tyson's notepad almost as though they had been written in blood.
Koaru shuddered for a moment and felt his throat tighten as mild anxiety raided his thoughts and tensed his shoulders.
He knew that Tyson was more that just a mere traveler, but a missing Nin? Now that certainly was interesting...it changed the situation quite drastically.
Your an enemy to your own village, yet your nature is loyal...why would you betray your village if that’s the case. It doesn't make sense to me

Koaru showed no emotion other than calm understanding as he read over the rest Tyson's words that lay elegantly crawled across the page.
'And knowing my own feelings for my old village, I think that they would be fools not to take me down. Not that they even can.'
He gazed up slowly at Tyson with comprehension in his soft eyes. He had seen his friend burn a man to ashes,Tyson was strong, there was no doubt about that. However that wasn't the thing that made Tyson a threat in Koaru's eyes. No, the man had already proven his loyalty to him and Koaru trusted him taking that deadly serious. The only thing that made Tyson dangerous was a simple thought that lingered through Koaru's mind like a cold venom.
So you are dangerous...your presence is what makes you a threat though, not your power...The Sand will come to kill you and they will continue to do so until you lay dead at my feet.
A small smile played on Koaru's lips as he fought back a stagnant bitterness. He wouldn't let the sand take Tyson without a fight, the man was his friend and that alone was enough to provoke Koaru into using his own hidden power.

The silence between the two men remained in place and the only audible sound came from Tyson's pen as he wrote out the last of his words before finally pulling away to flex his hand with stiff irritation.
When Tyson handed the page back to Koaru, The leaf ninja took it with a curious nod.
He could hear Tyson sigh heavily in the background and watched him out of the corner of his eye, as his friend left his side to re-enter the house.
A sense of loneliness filled Koaru, but he had picked up on the aloof vibe Tyson held. The guy needed his space and Koaru could respect that.
Turning his attention back to the note, he read over Tyson's words.
'Your mission is a difficult one, but the fact that your conscience is restless because of it shows a strength of will seldom seen amongst the likes of us... I suppose in the end it all comes down to loyalty. Mine is to you, so whoever you choose as your enemy, I shall gladly take on as my own. But what you must decide is whether your loyalty lies with your village, or with your comrades. When you decide who you fight to protect, it makes it easier to cut down those who threaten them, even if it pains you.'
Koaru folded the note up neatly before depositing it safely into his pocket. He smiled for a moment at the praise Tyson had given him and felt appreciated for the first time far too long.
The day was coming to a close quickly now and Koaru remained outside as the thought over Tyson's words. He had been right about picking loyalties, it was something that Koaru had too do and soon.
“Naturally blood will be split, but that was just the world we live in“, he murmured to himself as he slid down to the wooden floor with his back supported against a timber beam.
He sat there for a good few hours, thinking and planing on his own.
Only when rain threatened to fill the black sky, did Koaru finally enter the house.

The next week passed by slowly and despite Koaru's gratitude to Tyson, they had both taken to spending most of their evenings alone or in silent company.
Not that it matter very much as Koaru had barely been home thanks to his tasks at headquarters.

When the day of their mission finally came to, Koaru stood in the kitchen donning his Konoha gear and jounin uniform. It didn't suit him as well as his usual feminine clothes, but that didn't bother him too much as he sat at the table sharping up a few dozen kunai for him and Tyson set into a summoning scroll.
With the skill of swordsman, Koaru's soft fingers slid the sharping stone against the blades, cleaning away any rusted edges, blunt tips and scratches.
As he finished off the final few kunai, he turned to Tyson with a a surprisingly lively expression, “Well that’s the last of them. Shall we head out then?...We better say goodbye to Lizzie if she's still home”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:05 am

It was about a week later when Tyson walked into the kitchen to find Koaru sharpening some kunai for their mission. He had packed what few things he had, ready to embark on what promised to be rather a long journey. Truthfully, he was relieved. Pacing Koaru's house from end to end all day had become tiresome, and he was desperate to get out and do something again. Tyson had never been the kind to stay indoors for long. It was making him frustrated, and it showed.
So much so, in fact, that he found himself tapping a foot impatiently while Koaru finished sharpening the kunai. His actions were rather surprising, giving his usually patient nature.
“Well that’s the last of them." Koaru said at last, and Tyson sighed in relief, "Shall we head out then?... We better say goodbye to Lizzie if she's still home.”
He was halfway to the door when Koaru mentioned Lizzie, but since he knew his friend was right, he turned back with a roll of his eyes. Waving Koaru on ahead of him, Tyson quickly ran upstairs to bid farewell to Lizzie.

She was most displeased to hear that he was leaving her alone, but he just ignored her ranting and raving, and left her fuming alone in her room. He certainly didn't intend to stand around while she shouted abuse at him - he could think of a thousand things he would rather be doing.

Soon enough, Tyson and Koaru were on the road, accompanied by a small group of Konoha Shinobi. They seemed mildly uncomfortable with Tyson's presence, but he didn't care in the slightest. He just stalked along silently like a shadow at Koaru's side, and treated the others as nothing more than scenery. Eventually they seemed to grow accustomed to Tyson's strange, silent ways, and took to ignoring him just as he ignored them.
He hung back most of the time, just following mildly while Koaru led the others. The way he saw it, he was not a part of the team. He was there to ensure Koaru's safety, and nothing more.
They did not get far that first day, but when the next day dawned, the group left their campsite early, keen to pick up the trail of the victims. It was then that, for the first time, Tyson made some attempt to interact with Koaru.
While they were packing up the campsite, Tyson approached his friend and nudged him in the side, handing him a few handwritten words on the notepad.
'We should avoid Katabami Kinzan Village. I know it's much further to go around, but trust me, it'll be better.'
He offered no explanation for his words, but he hoped that Koaru would listen in any case. Konoha may have thought that the Hidden Sand were their allies, but Tyson knew differently, and he knew that Katabami Kinzan was a dangerous potential ambush place between the two villages, especially with the war raging. And especially if they caught sight of him, Tyson knew that the Sand would not be forgiving. They had attacked Konoha once, and he knew how their plans operated. There would be an ambush waiting in that village; he was sure of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:55 pm

The first day of the mission proved to be rather trying and the second day wasn't much better as Koaru led his small team through Konoha's western forest.
The fire country hadn't turned into war zone yet and the only real threat on their current route were possible bandits or thieves, which Koaru knew for sure wouldn't be a problem.
The difficulty that Koaru found to be surprisingly straining, was handling his new team. Originally he would have gone on his own with Tyson, however once his superiors had heard that Tyson was going they had point blankly refused to let Koaru head out without a team.
A team of Four highly trained Jounin and we still aren’t covering enough ground...their slowing me down , Koaru thought anxiously as he stood waiting with Tyson at his side for the rest of the group to finishing packing up camp.
Their aim was to reach the River country borders before three days, unfortunately that didn't appear possible as the two other members, Hiro and Shun, had their focus on bickering and trying to indirectly take over Koaru's job.
A small sigh escaped Koaru's lips as he caught sight of the two men arguing once more in the distance. This is going no where, he mulled silently before turning towards Tyson as his mute friend nudged his side.
It had been too long since Tyson had shared any of his thoughts and Koaru had become worried about him. He smiled warmly at his friend before politely taking the outstretched notepad and reading it's contents with a more serious expression.
'We should avoid Katabami Kinzan Village. I know it's much further to go around, but trust me, it'll be better.'
He gazed up at Tyson with intelligent eyes as he thought over how to handle the situation, “It would be faster to go through that village...but if you say it's risky, then the next best option would be to head alone the south west shore lines near the wave country.”
The cogs in his brains turned thoughtfully and with a firm nod he added, “We'll change route at the next pass then...I really appreciate your input my friend”, he finished with a wink as he pressed on without the other two Jounin.
As Koaru walked on, Hiro and Shun eventually caught up with them. Their attitudes were fowl after being left behind.
“Hey Captain, We're heading the wrong way”, Hiro suddenly pointed out as he stood before Koaru with something akin to cockiness.
Koaru felt mild annoyance nibbled away at him, but instead of showing any threat, he smiled calmly and responded to his subordinate, “How observant of you Hiro, We're just taking an alternative route. It's nothing to worry about”
The brown hair man didn't look pleased and at this point Shun stuck his head in to add his opinion to the exchange, “This way will take too long. Your young and don't know what your doing, let me take over”
It was true that he was the youngest member of the group, but age didn't judge wisdom.
Hiro snarled a rather nasty comment under his breath, “I can't believe the Hokage let Konoha's 'princess' led this mission.What a waste.“
This seemed to hit a nerve with Koaru and with surprising firmness, he held his head high with calm pride, suddenly showing his true height as he loomed over his slightly shorter teammates, “I was put in charge of this group. If you don't like it, then I suggest you take it up with our superiors.” His tone was cold, but deadly calm. It certainly didn't suit the friendly smile that played upon his lips, nor the dangerous glace in his eyes.
His subordinates were quiet after those words, not really from the words themselves, but rather from the frighting aura Koaru had given off beneath his non-threatening smile.

As the group walked on, Koaru could hear Hiro and Shun exchanging whispered words behind his back. The older men were particular difficult about taking orders and working together. Koaru didn't understand this,Your Jounin, don't you have any shame for your actions. We have a mission to accomplish, this isn't the time for social politics, he mulled with slight despondence.
His eyes flickered towards Tyson, his mute friend was the only reliable person on this team and for that alone he was grateful.
Tyson wasn't having an easy time between Hiro and Shun either though and much to Koaru's ignorance, they had already focused their attentions on interrogating and provoking him.
Hiro was the first throw a comment, “So what's the matter with you? Can't talk? Pretty useless then aren't you?”
Shun snickered in response to this at this before eying Tyson with clear dislike, “Our Lady Captain has certainly taken a liking to you. Pheh...Can't imagine why though.”
An ugly played on Hiro's lips as chipped in on those words, “It's obvious you idiot, they're both strays...Damn outsiders, they think that they can just join our ranks and gain our trust so easily.”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Tyson was relieved when Koaru agreed to take his advice, and he even offered a small smile when he received an unexpected thanks from his friend. It was good to be listened to for once.
At that point, everything might have gone along smoothly, but unfortunately the rest of the team soon caught up, and they were apparently not as keen on his plan as Koaru was.
Tyson observed with irritation while the other Konoha Jounin argued with Koaru, but he didn't bother trying to intervene. It wasn't his problem, after all, although the fact that they seemed to be insulting his new friend did irk him somewhat.
Still, he had to admit that he could understand how Koaru had gained the name 'Konoha's Princess'. Strong as he obviously was, his features held a feminine beauty that the others seemed to somehow mistake for weakness. Tyson thought that they were lucky this flaw was not a fatal one.
Tyson remained lost in thought as they moved on, but unfortunately his ignorance of the others was not to last long, for when they tired of taunting Koaru, they turned on him instead.
“So what's the matter with you?" A voice asked beside him, "Can't talk? Pretty useless then aren't you?”
Feigning deafness, Tyson ignored the antagonizing, and walked on without even a glance in Hiro's direction. These fools were not worth his time. Frankly, he considered himself to be so far above them that they were barely a blip on his radar. They simply hadn't the intellect to reach his wavelength.
With a snicker, Shun added, “Our Lady Captain has certainly taken a liking to you. Pheh...Can't imagine why though.” His friend smirked, and shot back, “It's obvious you idiot, they're both strays... Damn outsiders, they think that they can just join our ranks and gain our trust so easily.”
At this, Tyson tilted his head slightly, and shot the pair a bored glance.
Such small minds... So easily entertained by trivial matters. It's a wonder they became Jounin at as, fickle as they are. Konoha sure has fallen. Then again, I suppose every vine sprouts a few spoiled grapes...
He looked away again, blatantly unconcerned by the pair's mocking, and quickened his pace to fall into step beside Koaru.
With a gentle touch to his friend's shoulder, he gestured to a left-hand fork on the path they were following, leading further still away from the village he was so determined to avoid. One could never be too careful, after all.

The rest of the day was spent traveling in an ever-changing combination of tense silences, heated arguments, and cruel mocking - but Tyson just excluded himself all the while, always hanging back and paying no mind to those around him, except for Koaru, and even then, he only acknowledged his friend's presence on very rare occasion. At times it was like he was not there at all.
It was nearly nightfall when they reached the final fork that would decide whether they neared the outskirts of the aforementioned village, or whether they avoided it altogether, and though Koaru seemed happy to go the longer route, the rest of the group were tired and grumpy, and they refused.
"This is ridiculous!" Hiro grumbled, "We've followed you all this way to go around the stupid village, it's not like we're going inside, so I don't see why we should walk even longer!"
"Yeah." Shun agreed, "No point making us travel even further. There's no reason to avoid that village anyway, we go past there all the time!"
Involving himself at last, Tyson sighed and stepped forward, beginning to sketch an explanation for their moody comrades.
"Oh no you don't!" Hiro snapped irritably, grabbing Tyson's wrist and yanking it away from the notepad. Ty looked up at the man with a bored, irritable frown, and half-heartedly attempted to pull his arm back. When Hiro refused to let go, Ty just didn't bother trying again.
"If I wanted to read," Hiro snarled, "I would go back to school. If you got something to say, say it!"
Tyson shrugged as though to say 'well, that settles it', and looked away, unconcerned. He had no intention of speaking, and if Hiro didn't want to hear his warnings, then it was not his problem.
"Go on!" Hiro pressed, "Speak. I'm waiting." His grip on Tyson's wrist tightened, and this proved to be enough of a threat to urge the young shinobi into action. His eyes flashed threateningly, and after a moment Hiro yelped and jumped back, cradling his hand as though burned and staring at Tyson in disbelief. He met the man's gaze harshly, then turned his back to head down the path he had indicated.
"No, no no." Shun cut him off, stepping in front of his path. He looked at Koaru, ignoring Tyson completely, and said, "It's two against one. This guy-" He gestured toward Tyson who looked away in an aloof fashion, obviously not the least bit ashamed of himself. Shun's lip curled in displeasure, "This guy's not one of us. He doesn't count. We've been running all day and we're tired. If we take the other path, we'll have to travel through the night! We're going this way."
Falling into step beside Hiro, the two began walking along the right-hand fork, and Tyson watched them go, thoroughly unconcerned. Stubborn as he was, he held his ground, not moving an inch. Then, after a moment, he glanced questioningly at Koaru.
So will we go with them, and risk being slaughtered like lambs in our sleep, or will we take the same route, and let those fools take the consequence of their idiocy alone?

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 pm

The sky darkened as nightfall fell ever closer.
Koaru led the the tired group on towards the final fork in the route that would determine their path. Once they reached it, Koaru was ready to head left towards the Wave Country with Tyson, however as he stepped into the path a grumpy exclamation from his subordinates stopped him.
"This is ridiculous!”, Hiro growled, suddenly stopping and catching Koaru's eye with an annoyed gaze."We've followed you all this way to go around the stupid village, it's not like we're going inside, so I don't see why we should walk even longer!”
Koaru stared at him for a moment in consideration. It was true that they had been traveling all day, but as a Ninja it wasn’t unnatural to travel straight on for days on end.
The constant complaining was getting Koaru down, but he said nothing about it and smiled sweetly, “Your wasting our time Hiro. This route will benefit us in the long ru-”, Shun suddenly interrupted him to agree with Hiro's point "Yeah, No point making us travel even further. There's no reason to avoid that village anyway, we go past there all the time!"
Koaru said no more, he had no actual point to use in his argument, except for Tyson's warning and he doubted that anyone would understand that. They just couldn’t see the bigger picture and all it's complications.
I have nothing to substantiate my argument with. They won't listen to me. It's to expected though, they don't respect me as a leader yet., He thought quietly.
His gaze turned towards Tyson as his mute friend took charge. With his notepad in hand he was ready to give the explanation Koaru couldn't.
Koaru felt some of the tension seep from his shoulders as Tyson began to write.
The relief however was short lived as Hiro roughly took hold of Tyson's wrist, yanking away the notepad in the process. His actions were forceful and dishonorable, and indirectly provoked something dark in the depths of Koaru's soft soul. He watched Hiro with something akin to hunger in his eyes as the man antagonized Tyson. The argument was one-sided however and it wasn't long before Tyson finally bite back and burned Hiro's hand with threat and justification.
The action seemed to hold Hiro off for the time being and unconsciously Koaru felt his tightened fingers relax as they slid idly away from the handle of his kunai.
With mild shock at this subtle action, Koaru swallowed hard and breathed as he regained his calm and focused pose. “That caught me off guard, Mordekai usually doesn't react this strongly to something so trivial...I need to be more careful”, he mulled seriously as he stepped beside Tyson, ready to sort out his team,“Okay that's enough now”, he stated calmly as he continued,“This is going nowhere...We'll take the route that's safest”
He began walking down his chosen route with Tyson at his side,
"No, no no.", Shun objected as he stepped in front of their path. "This guy's not one of us. He doesn't count. We've been running all day and we're tired. If we take the other path, we'll have to travel through the night! We're going this way."
Koaru watched his team walk away without him, as Hiro and Shun disappeared along the path way to Katabami KinzanVillage.
He seemed concerned and thoughtful as he tried to decide on what to do.
Meeting Tyson's questioning gaze Koaru showed some determination as he took a step towards Shun and Hiro's path.
“Such foolishness...I can't let them die on my account though. I must go”, He murmured simply as he gazed at Tyson, hoping for some understanding.
With a small sigh, a curious smile pulled onto his lovely lips as he quietly asked, “What will you do Tyson?...I would not judge you if you chose not to come, but I need to know”, he added with some seriousness as he politely returned the notepad that Hiro had stolen earlier that day.

A short while later Koaru began to track down his team mates with surprising eagerness and skill. His senses had sharpened as he took to the trees began hunting them down like a cat after prey.
“They've covered a lot of ground and aren't on the main route anymore. How curious”, he added observantly before leaping down from a branch to the ground with grace.
The Foot prints on the ground suggested a small struggle and Koaru felt his features tighten slightly as he ran a delicate hand through a small pool of muddy blood that lay half splattered in the sand. His expression seemed to darken and his smile lapsed into something almost subtly cruel as he rubbed his tainted fingers together, almost delighting in the sensation and scent of the crimson substance.
His beauty enhanced this gesture, making him much like a siren. However with a sudden cringe and shudder Koaru managed to pull himself out of his daze.
He felt deep regret and looked a little lost for a moment as innocence returned to his soft face.
“It's Fresh...The scent is mixed with River Ninja blood”, he managed to murmur before standing up and rubbing a hand tentatively over his forehead as he tried to calm himself down.
Once the headache had left him, he cleaned his fingers on his shirt sleeve and gazed at Tyson with his usual calm friendliness. “I guess we're not getting any rest tonight after all.”, he commented with casually before staring up at the full moon that shone down through the trees, ”Shall we venture into the village to take back our idiots then? ”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Koaru watched while Hiro and Shun walked away, and Ty just stood beside his friend, arms folded, and thought silently to himself, 'Good riddance'. He hadn't liked Hiro and Shun. Not one bit. And although he already knew that they would have to pursue their troublesome companions, Ty was pleased to be rid of them for a moment at least.
“Such foolishness...” Koaru murmured at last, and Tyson offered a satisfied nod in agreement, ”I can't let them die on my account though. I must go. What will you do Tyson?...I would not judge you if you chose not to come, but I need to know.”
At these words, Tyson offered a rare smile, and shook his head in incredulous amusement.
Without even bothering to reply, he clapped Koaru supportively on the back, and walked past him up the path that Hiro and Shun had taken.
As if you had to ask, my friend. I would follow you to hell and back if only to keep you from harm.

True to his unspoken word, Tyson stuck loyally to Koaru's side as they tracked their fellow Shinobi. He left Koaru to do the tracking – mostly because he didn't believe in helping where help was not needed – and stood by like a shadow, always alert and observant while his friend worked.
There were a few moments, he had to admit, when he saw something akin to a shadow cross before Koaru's gentle gaze, and much as he trusted him, Tyson began to wonder if there was not perhaps more to his strange young friend; perhaps some hidden trait that he had yet to see...
Koaru was a secretive man, for sure, but Tyson was not one to pry. Koaru could have his secrets, it was of no concern to him. As long as his friend remained loyal to him, then Tyson's devotion would be absolute. It was just that simple.

Night had fallen by the time they reached the village, having tracked Hiro, Shun and their apparent captors all the way there. As Tyson gazed thoughtfully at the full moon, Koaru spoke quietly beside him.
“I guess we're not getting any rest tonight after all. Shall we venture into the village to take back our idiots then?”
Ty didn't answer at first. He considered the moon contemplatively, then looked at Koaru, holding his gaze. After a moment's pause, he shook his head, and took out his notepad.
'Let's rest for tonight' He wrote, 'The Shinboi we tracked were not from the Sand – I could tell if they were – and we are not their enemies. I suppose they attacked Hiro and Shun to defend their village, and nothing more. I think it wisest to first try the peaceful approach; explain the situation, and take our comrades back with no blood spilled. They are reasonable people – they ought to listen. If they don't, then blood may need to be spilled. In any case, sneaking in under cover of night will only cause unnecessary trouble. Better we camp here, and wait for morning.'
He turned away, tossing his notepad into Koaru's hands, then crouched as he gathered together some twigs and logs, preparing a fire. With a few quick seals, he conjured a small flame, and brought the campfire to life.
Straightening up and cracking his back, Tyson turned to Koaru, and pushed him down to sit on a rock beside the fire.
He smiled, and flashed a wink as he grasped his friend's shoulder reassuringly. He leaned over the man to take back his notepad, and sat beside him for a moment as he wrote, Don't blame yourself for this, Koaru. I know you will – but none of this is your fault, believe me. They were foolish. They refused to listen, and because of that, they suffered the consequences. You are a good leader – it was just unfortunate to have such a rash team. He paused a moment, then added, We'll get them back tomorrow, unscathed. I'll make sure of it. Until then, try to relax. You need it.
He left his notepad on the rock beside Koaru, and slowly stood up, giving his friend's long hair a brief ruffle as he turned to leave.
You just rest, Koaru. He thought silently, You've worked hard today, and you must be exhausted from trying to lead such an unruly team. We're on my turf now. It's my turn to look after you, and finally repay the kindness you have shown me.

A moment later, he had released Koaru's shoulder, and for a few silent minutes, Tyson vanished into the night. When he returned, it was with a pair of dead rabbits and a strange selection of plants, berries, mushrooms and the like in his hands. Without so much as a glance in Koaru's direction, he took out a sharp cooking knife from his pocket, and set to work preparing a meal from his makeshift ingredients.
He worked fast and expertly, and before too long the rabbits were cooked, and Tyson handed one to Koaru with a shadow of a smile. He had a way with cooking. Even without any real ingredients at all, he somehow managed to prepare the rabbit as though it had been served in a restaurant. It was seasoned to perfection, and the meat was cooked to the tenderest it could possibly be.
This was one of the skills that Tyson secretly prided himself on.

With the full moon overhead, the pair sat and ate in companionable silence, accompanied only by the rustling of insects, and the cry of a night bird somewhere in distant skies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:19 am

Koaru seemed hesitant at first to simply leave Hiro and Shun in the hands of their enemies. However as he read over Tyson's words he began to realized that his wise young young friend had a point. “You drive a fair point...Lets avoid bloodshed for tonight then”, He finally agreed, smiling weakly through tired eyes.
The situation was a grey zone and if conflict could be avoided then a small wait would indeed benefit them. He didn't want to cause any more trouble in the name of his village, the war had done enough of that already.
I'd rather not have anymore blood on my hands if avoidable... I just hope that our wait isn't going to be in vain.Something tells me I can trust Tyson though, he thought anxiously as he watched his mute friend curiously collect bits of wood around their campsite.
After a few minutes the two had a fire going, not that Koaru had need to assist Tyson. He had done it more to occupy his clouded mind and picking up sticks seemed like a good way to go about it.
When the flames of the fire licked at the burning logs, a warm pair of hands found Koaru's shoulders and with slight surprise he turned his head ever so slightly to peer at Tyson behind him.
He's smiling at me. I haven't seen such a kind expression on his lips before...It's so warm. I feel as though there are butterflies caught in my chest.. A shy expression passed over his own lovely features as Tyson put light pressure on his shoulders. Obediently Koaru sat down beside the fire, his fingers releasing Tyson's notepad as he quietly handed it back.
A handsome wink flashed his way and Koaru felt a small blush taint his cheeks. With a more reassured and cheerful expression, Koaru began to read over Tyson's words as the man wrote out neat and curling characters.
Don't blame yourself for this, Koaru. I know you will – but none of this is your fault, believe me. They were foolish. They refused to listen, and because of that, they suffered the consequences. You are a good leader – it was just unfortunate to have such a rash team.
He gazed up at Tyson momentarily, his attractive friend had seen through all his smiling barriers so easily and it made Koaru feel both grateful and ever so slightly apprehensive.
Your too observant Tyson, but I like that about you...It's a pity that I can't seem to repay the favor. Your defensive is so strong, but perhaps if I keep trying, then one day I'll be able to catch a small glimpse into your world

Tyson's pen seemed to hover over the page for a moment longer before finally pressing down to add one more thought, We'll get them back tomorrow, unscathed. I'll make sure of it. Until then, try to relax. You need it.
The words seemed to give Koaru the reassurance that he needed and with a small searching gaze into Tyson's burning eyes, he smiled gently.
“Thank you...Your a good friend Tyson and I'm glad to have you at my side”, he murmured through a dove-like tone.
When Tyson ruffled his hair, Koaru allowed a small playful laugh to escape his lips as some life returned to his grey gaze.
The moment was however short lived, for when Koaru turned his gaze away and then back again, Tyson had disappeared into the forest.
He gazed about the campsite for a moment in search of his friend, but when Tyson was nowhere to be seen, Koaru turned his senses to listening.
He heard brief nearby steps pad through the forest, before lapsing into trained silence.
I wonder what he's up too? He's too quiet for me to locate him anymore...His skills really are well honed

Minutes passed by slowly and Koaru, despite being rather concerned over Tyson, had remained calm.
A suddenly rustling in the bushes alerted him to his friend's return and quickly he looked up to meet Tyson with a slightly relieved glance, “So That where you were. You had me a little worried”, he admitted kindly as his eyes darted over the limp form of two dangling rabbits that hung idly over Tyson's arm.

His friend didn't seem to acknowledge his presence, but Koaru didn't take it personally. He was too keen to see what Tyson was getting up to with his array of strange looking roots, herbs and rabbits.
When a sharp cooking knife appeared from Tyson's pocket, Koaru felt a glint of realization hit him and he watched Tyson prepare the meat through expert technique.
His mute friend showed superb skill when it came to dealing with food and it even left Koaru feeling a little envious.

When the rabbits had been roasted to tantalizing perfection, Tyson removed them from the fire.
With casually politeness Koaru was gifted with one of the rabbits, which he took with deep gratitude. “This smells amazing, Thank you”, he commented warmly as he watched his friend sit down beside him.
Hunger suddenly dawned on Koaru and he realized then how completely famished he felt. It had been two days since he'd eaten a proper meal and the rabbit in his grasp looked beyond delicious.
With a final appreciative grin towards Tyson, he quietly began to eat his meal, relishing in the juicy taste of wild berry, mushroom, herb and rabbit. The two friends then ate in companionable silence.

When the meal eventually came to an end, Koaru dumped the remaining rabbit bones into the charring fire.
With a satisfied smile, he turned to Tyson.”That really was a fantastic meal. Where did you learn to cook like that?”.
Koaru seemed to have some energy return to him and it showed in both his features as well as in his manner. He didn't look as pale or strained as before and Koaru was pretty sure that it was thanks to the warm meal Tyson had made for him.
With a small friendly nudge at Tyson's shoulder, Koaru beamed,“You really never cease to amaze me.”
As the night sky loomed overhead, Koaru caught sight of a shooting star darting overhead.
He blinked for a moment in thought before allowing a small laugh to escape his lips, “I'm such a child, even though I'm old, I still feel like wishing on shooting stars.”
He threw a curious wink towards Tyson before staring up at the stars once more with something akin to determination.
The moonlight gave his ivory skin a radiance to it and Koaru's purple hair shone with tiny pretty flecks of silver light.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:21 am

”That really was a fantastic meal.” Koaru enthused, causing Tyson to experience a small spark of pride as he nibbled at the last morsel of his rabbit, ”Where did you learn to cook like that?”
He shrugged, not bothering to offer a reply, and kept his attention on his food. He was glad to see Koaru looking a little brighter, but he had reached the limit of his caring for one day, and as usual, he had reverted to his usual aloof nature. After all, if Koaru was fine now, then he had absolutely no reason to show any kindness.
He licked his fingers in a dignified fashion, then wiped them distastefully on his pants, obviously displeased by acting in such a crude fashion. Unfortunately, since there was no water nearby, he could see no alternative.
As he sat there, sulking, Tyson felt a friendly nudge at his shoulder, and glanced up curiously to find Koaru smiling at him.
“You really never cease to amaze me.” His friend complimented kindly.
Tyson watched him for a moment, pleasantly surprised by this statement, then shrugged modestly, and looked away, hiding a subtle smile.
It truly was nice to be appreciated at last. For too long he had slaved away thanklessly for the people he cared about, and never got anything in return. Lizzy in particular, had showed him terrible ingratitude, considering all that he sacrificed for her.

Ty's eyes darted to Koaru again, and he found himself watching his friend thoughtfully, studying his elegant profile as he stared up into the sky. The light of the full moon made him truly lovely.
His pale skin gleamed like alabaster, and the way his long hair reflected the light, Tyson could not help but be struck by the beauty of it. If Koaru were a woman, there would be no end to his beauty, that much was certain. Even as a man, the mysterious femininity he displayed was somehow enchanting. Tyson looked upon him like a work of art... Something so utterly lovely, one could not help but admire.
He was still lost in thought when Koaru spoke again, causing him to jump slightly as his 'work of art' came to life.
“I'm such a child, even though I'm old, I still feel like wishing on shooting stars.” He laughed, shooting a wink in Tyson's direction.
He shrugged, casting a disinterested glance at the sky, then turning his head away.
I wonder what he would wish for... Not that I care.

Tired from the day's journey, Tyson stood up from his seat on the rock and stretched, then picked up his notebook and scrawled quickly, I'm tired, so I'll catch some sleep. Good night, and happy wishing.
With that, he found a spot beneath a tall tree, and lay down in a pile of fallen leaves with his back to the trunk.
Sighing wearily, he lay down and closed his eyes, slipping almost instantly into the semi-conscious state that he had learned to substitute for sleep during his travels. After all, as a Missing Nin, it would never be safe for him to fall into a deep slumber out in the open. He would always have to keep one eye open, on the alert for danger...

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:35 am

Tyson sat a little longer at Koaru's side and the young leaf Ninja appreciated his friend's silent company secretly, perhaps even a little more than what he what he should have.
He could see that Tyson had taken some strain throughout the day too and inklings of exhaustion were beginning to show on his defined tanned features.
When Tyson did eventually stand up to take his leave Koaru smiled gently to see him off as he read over his friend's scrawled message.
I'm tired, so I'll catch some sleep... Good night, and happy wishing.
The leaf Ninja giggled in silent amusement before beaming up at his friend with understanding, “Rest well then my dear friend.”, he added fondly as he watched Tyson stalk off towards a nearby tree.
I should probably get some rest too...maybe later though, the stars are quite a sight tonight, he thought cheerfully as his eyes swept back towards the endless black star-filled sky.

The next morning Koaru awoke early, a small shiver crept over this arms as the chilled morning air left droplets of moisture and dew on plants outside.
With a cat-like stretch Koaru stood up from his spot near the fire. His clothes smelled of smoke, but there was nothing much to be done about that, he would worry about it once they were done rescuing Hiro and Shun.
You guys better be okay...please be okay, Koaru mulled with a slightly heavy heart as he begn to pack up the campsite.
With a thoughtful glance towards Tyson's sleeping form, he decided to it best to leave his friend to rest a while longer, at least while he took care of the campsite things.
When all was packed and their tracks covered, Koaru turned his attention to his loose hair.
If we're heading into a River county village, I better tie up this mess... It would be too inconvenient if people here were to recognize me in a Konoha uniform., he thought quietly as a pained expression pulled over his lips. Neatly he began to braid the purple mass, setting the hair up in a neat bun and tying it firmly in place with a white bandage. The new style brought out the sharp angles of his feminine face and with a quick glance at his work in the reflection of his kunai, he nodded with some satisfaction.
Once he had that sorted out, he pulled up the hood of his jacket, before heading over towards Tyson's stirring form. With a determined yet soft smile he greeted his friend, “Did you sleep well?..We'll need to start heading out, when your ready”
A little concern plagued Koaru as he thought over his captured teammates once more.
“How would you recommend approaching the village”, asked with some seriousness before adding thoughtfully,”We'll be expected no doubtably and I want to be prepared if we are faced with the worst.”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:03 am

At some point during the night, Tyson actually did drift off completely, and when Koaru woke him the next morning, he sat up instantly, looking rather disgruntled. It was unlike him to appear anything but calm, and it was almost comical seeing him as surprised as he was. He supposed he had needed the rest more then he had originally thought, but he was still annoyed with himself for letting his guard down. He was becoming far too casual with Koaru at his side... It was time to take up the slack.
“Did you sleep well?" Koaru's smiling voice asked from overhead, "We'll need to start heading out, when you're ready.” Ty just nodded, standing and brushing himself off in a dignified fashion, as if denying he'd ever been lying on the ground in the first place. He ignored Koaru as he gathered his things, preparing to move on.
“How would you recommend approaching the village?" His friend asked, seeming faintly worried, ”We'll be expected no doubtably and I want to be prepared if we are faced with the worst.”
Ty finished gathering his things, then slowly turned to face Koaru, considering his question. He was secretly rather chuffed that his friend had asked his opinion, but frankly he wasn't sure he cared enough to give it.
So, instead, he just shrugged, and slipped a kunai into his sleeve, gesturing for Koaru to do the same. Even without words, his message was clear:
We enter peacefully, and attack when they do.

Once the two were prepared, they headed for the entrance to the village. Without any hesitance whatsoever, Tyson strolled straight in, tense with alertness and ready to react at the slightest hint of trouble.
The moment they passed through the great wooden archway marking the entrance to the village, two black shadows darted over the sun, and Tyson froze, Koaru at his side. Within a moment, there was a blade at his throat. Tyson raised his chin, but did not otherwise react.
"State your purpose!" The river ninja hissed, "Why have you come to our village? Speak now, or pay with your life!"
Stubborn as ever, Tyson shrugged, and turned his head - even with the blade a hair's breadth from his skin - to look at Koaru.
The river ninja followed his gaze, lifting his head to watch where his comrade held a kunai to Koaru's throat.
"Well?" The other ninja grunted, narrowing his eyes at Koaru, "You heard me mate. What's yous twos doin' 'ere, huh?"
There was a stupidity in his voice befitting of his burly nature, and Tyson felt his lip curl back in distaste when he heard the man speak.
Really... So unrefined... Why do we even trouble ourselves making peace with these animals, except to avoid wasted effort?

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:28 pm

With slight anxiety Koaru stepped beneath the wooden archway that lead into the River Village.
He was prepared to face his opponents and knew that they would be laying in wait for them, like vultures to a carcass.
They will cut us down if we show threat. we want to negotiate though, not fight, he reminded himself as he breathed in deeply and focused his senses on the faint pinpricks of chakra that already moved in to surround them.

A flash of black darted before their path as expected and within seconds Koaru could feel a cold blade pressed to his throat. His deadly calm gaze shifted slowly to Tyson's.
His mute comrade had also been apprehended and seeing him at knife's edge unsettled Koaru quite deeply.
His lovely expression may have been blank and innocent, but If anything the leaf Ninja wanted nothing more than break from his own bonds and slice Tyson free from those rough hands.
He did nothing of the sort naturally, but the dark thought lingered in his mind like a poison.
"State your purpose!", a stern voice growled as the ninja holding Tyson pressed for some answers and explanation.
However when Tyson gave none and showed his usual silent stubbornness, enemy eyes fell to Koaru.
Expectation hung heavily in the air and Koaru could feel greasy fingers touch his skin as the blade of a kunai pressed down threateningly against his windpipe.
"Well?", a rougher voice asked as Koaru's own capture finally addressed with with narrowed eyes. Hesitantly the young leaf ninja tilted his head back to peer briefly at the burly stranger that had him tightly in his grip.
The man was an ugly sight, thick skinned, tanned and burly.
"You heard me mate. What's yous twos doin' 'ere, huh?”, he asked once more with slightly more threat before gazing stupidly into Koaru's hood face.
Calm as usual Koaru began to speak, “We're not here for a fight. Simply passing through”, he murmured with a placid expression before continuing to explain, “Our comrades have been captured by your unit, we want them back if possible.”
These words had the two River ninja quiet for a moment as they considered what they had just heard. A smirked pulled onto the burlier man's lips and both simultaneously burst out in rough laughter.
Taken aback Koaru shrunk into the safety of his hood as Tyson's capture began to speak to him, wiping away an amused tear as he did so. “You honestly think that we'd just give up prisoners. Oh no my friend, then you've got it all wrong.”. The man's eyes narrowed as he contniued with a smirk,”River Ninja will not be bested by Konoha Scum. You will be punished along with you friends for trespassing.”
Koaru's soft eyes hardened as he gazed at Tyson with some hidden thought.
If they kill us here, we won't be able to rescue to Shun and Hiro.

“What'cha lookin at”, his own capture suddenly threatened as he pulled back Koaru's wrist and held it forcefully in a hold behind his back.
A painful gasp escaped Koaru's soft lips and with a raised eyebrow the burly man leaned in and clasped Koaru's delicate face between sausage like fingers.
His beady eyes seemed to examine him for a moment before he turned back to him comrade with a rather dark suggestive grin, “Ey Maki, this one er's a girl”
Koaru felt his heart leap into his chest and he pulled back as far as he could with clear repulsion as his captor toyed with him, pulling the neck of shirt down ever so slightly to show his collar bone and shoulder.
There was decided fear in Koaru's grey eyes that he usually didn't show, but with a sudden sharp snap, his captor halted his actions as Maki took charge, “There's no time for that Tousin, Take them to headquarters like the rest.”
With an annoyed grunt the man grumbled to something incoherent before shoving Koaru forward. Keeping a firm grip on their wrists, Tyson and Koaru were led down the streets and towards a large, surprisingly neglected building.
Their village has seen the war, that much is clear. It also explains the hostility I guess.
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:48 pm

Bored by the exchange between the slow-witted river ninjas, Ty turned his gaze to the horizon, staring into the distance with obvious disinterest, and seeming totally relaxed. He knew that he could escape any time if necessary, but it just seemed like far too much effort. He couldn't be bothered causing a fuss...
When he heard the burly river ninja take some interest in Koaru, however, Tyson's head snapped around in an instant, muscles tensing protectively. His captor seemed to notice this and, seeing the fire in Tyson's eyes, he seemed to sense the threat the man posed, and quickly hushed his friend.
“There's no time for that Tousin, Take them to headquarters like the rest.” Ty relaxed again slightly when the large man backed off Koaru, but when they began walking, he shifted protectively closer to his friend.
That will not be happening again.
The moment he edged nearer to Koaru, his captor cuffed him roughly in the back of his head. Tyson accepted it without complaint, keeping his head held defiantly high, and traipsed obediently on beside Koaru, deadly in his stony silence.

They finally came to a halt outside a large, run-down looking building, and Tyson looked it up and down with a displeased sneer. If this was supposed to be the village's headquarters, then they did not deserve somebody of his caliber as a prisoner. It was a matter of class, really. He would not be held captive in such a joke of a facility.
Even so, he trudged obediently on as the River Ninjas escorted himself and Koaru to some underground holding cells in what was presumably the cellar of the building. Upon entering, Ty saw Shun and Hiro slumped in one of the cells, presumably sleeping or unconscious.
He spared them a brief glance, then stepped into his own cell in a dignified fashion, and meticulously dusted off his shoulder where the River scum had touched it.
After a moment Koaru was thrown into the cell beside him, and Tyson stepped forward to catch his fail friend, setting him steadily on his feet before he could stumble.
The cell door was slammed closed and locked, and Tyson ignored the River Ninja completely as he brushed a speck of dust from Koaru's shoulder, and met his eyes for a moment.
Are you hurt? He asked wordlessly, his intentions well clear even without speech.

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperial Ink Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Koaru and Tyson were led silently down a flight of stone set steps that funneled into a secured cellar room. The room was dark, except for a few burning candles and reeked of sweat and urine.
With Tyson as his side Koaru felt some reassurance return to him, he didn't like the idea of being set behind bars. It wasn't that he couldn't escape, rather it was the concept of being condemned as a criminal that really bother him.
A flicker of recognition caught his soft gaze and he peered curiously at the holding cell in the dark comer of the room. Hiro and Shun are there...Please let them be okay
He caught the faint scent of blood on air and knew silently that his comrades had been tortured.

He stared sullenly at the man named Maki, as he unlocked and opened the iron gates of an empty cell.
Tyson was the first to enter, his manner dignified and almost proud as he dusted off his shoulders with a snobbishness that nearly made Koaru smile.
A sudden rough shove from his burly captor sent Koaru stumbling unsteadily into the cell. The sudden force nearly sent him to his knees, however Tyson caught him before that could even happen.
The loud slam of the cell door echoed throughout the tiny room and Koaru kept his hands on Tyson's arms as the boy steadied him back onto his feet.
With a grateful smile, Koaru met his wordless friend's nearly concerned expression with reassurance. He felt Tyson dust some of the dirt off from his shoulders and was secretly touched by the gesture. “Thanks, I'm fine though”, he murmured softly before gazing with some concern towards his friend,“...Are you okay?” he asked tentatively.

The clattering of metal keys in the background alerted Koaru back to the task at hand and slowly he pulled his gaze away from Tyson to examine their surroundings with serious thought.
These facilities are poor and breaking out shouldn't be too much of a problem...My concern lays with transporting Hiro and Shun out of such a dangerous place while their injured.
His eyes then rested on one of three guards that patrolled the are outside their cells.
Those two are sluggish, the other one might be a bit of a problem though
With a small decisive nod he turned towards Tyson, his words reached his friend in a nearly inaudible whisper, “We'll wait for them to settle down before we break out, it would be no good if we alert the entire unit of escape”
Koaru sat down on the floor, his back leaning against the bars of his cell. He was highly alert of the things around him, but if he wanted to get his team mates back, he's have to smart about it and not rash.
“You can smell the blood too, can't you?...We might have a small problem with saving our friends”, he murmured thoughtfully as he traced delicate finger along the dirty floor of the cell.
He was calm, but his manner suggested worry. He looked up at Tyson with some determination in his eyes, “If they die, I won't leave them behind in this slum...I couldn’t do that”
Imperial Ink
Imperial Ink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next